NATION

PASSWORD

NS Parliament Life Outside [IC]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 366
Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rebels and Saints » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 am

To: Sankta Hilda News 5
From: Lance Darrow

Well, I haven't got anything else on the schedule. Count me in.
MBTI: ENTP-A
Zodiac: Aquarius
House: Slytherin or Gryffindor, depending on the day.
Which Virtue Am I?: Diligence
Which Sin Am I?: Wrath
Favorite Color?: Black. Which is a color. If you don't count it, red.
8 Values Results?: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 5.0&s=66.0

I like to argue. I don't have anything against you. I don't dislike you. Sometimes my mouth gets ahead of me. It's just something I do, and I'll be just as happy to be your friend after the argument as before it.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1136
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:05 am

To: Sankta Hilda News 5
From: James Penta

I would absolutely be open to the idea and are looking forward to it. I categorically accept it.
You don't need to know what my pro and anti are as long as you know I think the Alt-Right and SJWs are both irritating and demented.
NS Parliament - James Penta MP (Green Party)
Join NS Parliament, a new government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Copy and paste this into your sig if you like croissants and think they are more important than gender and sex.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1136
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:37 am

A letter is sent to the residence of Commisioner James Kendall with the following attached
Image
Greetings esteemed commisioner! Channel 3 News Saint Hilda invites you to answer questions about and discuss your election and related current political discourse on one of our 9pm shows of your choice! We are looking forward to seeing you!
You don't need to know what my pro and anti are as long as you know I think the Alt-Right and SJWs are both irritating and demented.
NS Parliament - James Penta MP (Green Party)
Join NS Parliament, a new government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Copy and paste this into your sig if you like croissants and think they are more important than gender and sex.

User avatar
Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 366
Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rebels and Saints » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:43 am

Bob carried the large, red cabinet to the door. He wasn't sure why a cabinet was being delivered to the Parliament Chamber. Apparently, one of the members, by the name of Lance Darrow, had ordered it. Probably some sort of joke.

He stepped up to the door and set down the cabinet. He was about to knock when he decided that that might interrupt whatever was going on inside. He just left the cabinet there and headed back to his truck, ready to deliver more items.
MBTI: ENTP-A
Zodiac: Aquarius
House: Slytherin or Gryffindor, depending on the day.
Which Virtue Am I?: Diligence
Which Sin Am I?: Wrath
Favorite Color?: Black. Which is a color. If you don't count it, red.
8 Values Results?: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 5.0&s=66.0

I like to argue. I don't have anything against you. I don't dislike you. Sometimes my mouth gets ahead of me. It's just something I do, and I'll be just as happy to be your friend after the argument as before it.

User avatar
Lysone
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Jun 09, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lysone » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:13 pm

Press Release by the Movement for Democratic Change (MDC)

It is with great excitement that we today announce the appointment of Johanna Nyberg, former Commissioner of Fort Ulrika, as chairwoman of our organisation. Johanna's expertise in legislating and political campaigning, built up over decades advancing progressive causes in St. Hilda, will be of great value to the Movement for Democratic Change as we continue our fight to end the monarchy's role in our affairs.

Bernt Henning, Senior Director
Birgitta Marklund, Member of Parliament (SLP:R)
Johanna Nyberg, former Commissioner for Fort Ulrika (SLP:R), Chairwoman of the Movement for Democratic Change

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Agarntrop wrote:A letter is sent to the residence of Commisioner James Kendall with the following attached
(Image)
Greetings esteemed commisioner! Channel 3 News Saint Hilda invites you to answer questions about and discuss your election and related current political discourse on one of our 9pm shows of your choice! We are looking forward to seeing you!

Official Dispatch
Image

Hi, I would be happy to answer questions on one of your shows. Just give me a time and a show, and I’ll be there! Which one of your staff will be asking questions, and what will the topics be?

Warm Regards,
-James Kendall
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

User avatar
Van Hool Islands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 647
Founded: Nov 12, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Van Hool Islands » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:49 pm

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
(Image)
Juliette Hopp
@HoppToIt

Anyone else tired of empty rhetoric and platitudes about taxes? Here's some actual facts about @BigMarius's tax bill. 1: If you make less than $15k USD, negative income tax credits will push you above the poverty line. 2: Absentee Property Speculators finally get the opportunity to pay back into our economy. 3: Small businesses have a lower tax rate than in Brazil (and green small businesses have a tax rate lower than the US Federal Rate). Good talk <3

RetweetsFavourites
2.4k868

(Image)

12:04 am - 07/09/19

Retweeted by Viktoria Ljungstrand.
Currently representing the SLP/R, Leading to a brighter future, in the NS Parliament RP as Representative and party leader Viktoria Ljungstrand.

NS Parliament admin

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1136
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:57 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:A letter is sent to the residence of Commisioner James Kendall with the following attached
(Image)
Greetings esteemed commisioner! Channel 3 News Saint Hilda invites you to answer questions about and discuss your election and related current political discourse on one of our 9pm shows of your choice! We are looking forward to seeing you!

Official Dispatch
Image

Hi, I would be happy to answer questions on one of your shows. Just give me a time and a show, and I’ll be there! Which one of your staff will be asking questions, and what will the topics be?

Warm Regards,
-James Kendall

Image
Hello! In answer to you, the time will be 9pm on Friday 12th July. Sixten Andersen will be asking questions in relation to your policy following your election, and your opinion on wider political events across St Hilda. See you there!
You don't need to know what my pro and anti are as long as you know I think the Alt-Right and SJWs are both irritating and demented.
NS Parliament - James Penta MP (Green Party)
Join NS Parliament, a new government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Copy and paste this into your sig if you like croissants and think they are more important than gender and sex.

User avatar
The Fort Ulrika Times
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jul 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fort Ulrika Times » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:06 am

Image
Attention MPs! The Fort Ulrika Times will be hosting a debate between any MPs and established party members that want to join. If you wish to suggest any topics to the debate, we will discuss them thoroughly. We hope as many of you can attend as possible!

User avatar
New Lindale
Envoy
 
Posts: 300
Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Lindale » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:14 am

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of public records. I'm new here, and I must obtain the data I seek with much urgency. The citizens, as well as my colleagues, are counting on me.
Stefan Almeda, National People's Party of Saint Hilda
-NS Parliament

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1136
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Image
God Above All, All Below God


We here at the Holy Church of the Saint Hildan League for Biblical Law announce we have purchased a large collection of buildings in which we can preach and implement the Holy Book of Christ. All will follow the almighty God here and we can truly free ourselves from sin. God's word will be the only word spoken of highly here. We will implement the biblical code here as the just interpretation of God's will. These buildings are located in the rural area surrounding Ärmvika town.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't need to know what my pro and anti are as long as you know I think the Alt-Right and SJWs are both irritating and demented.
NS Parliament - James Penta MP (Green Party)
Join NS Parliament, a new government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Copy and paste this into your sig if you like croissants and think they are more important than gender and sex.

User avatar
Borovan entered the region as he
Diplomat
 
Posts: 803
Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:16 pm

To: MP Macdanieus
From: Ash Olivercroft
Subject: Unhappy


Greetings, MP Macdanieus

Let me introduce myself I am an investor and I am a mid level staff of a finance investments company. I have viewed the proceedings from the tv and I would like to say I am appalled to hear that you are willing to support the rationale tax scheme bill. In honor I have donated a sum of no less than $200 through your campaign. While it is not huge you would know that a significant number of people would not support it because under it the imposed tax on capital gains would be amounting to at least 30% on those earning over$50,000. This is just too much and is a burden on the investment community.Please reconsider your vote and vote no on the bill by MP Marius.

Thank you,
God Bless

Sincerely,
Ash Olivercroft
FPP - Politician Alastar Macdanieus
A conservative through and through.

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:35 pm

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:
To: MP Macdanieus
From: Ash Olivercroft
Subject: Unhappy


Greetings, MP Macdanieus

Let me introduce myself I am an investor and I am a mid level staff of a finance investments company. I have viewed the proceedings from the tv and I would like to say I am appalled to hear that you are willing to support the rationale tax scheme bill. In honor I have donated a sum of no less than $200 through your campaign. While it is not huge you would know that a significant number of people would not support it because under it the imposed tax on capital gains would be amounting to at least 30% on those earning over$50,000. This is just too much and is a burden on the investment community.Please reconsider your vote and vote no on the bill by MP Marius.

Thank you,
God Bless

Sincerely,
Ash Olivercroft


OOC: he can’t vote no, his party made an agreement that forces him to vote tes
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

User avatar
New Lindale
Envoy
 
Posts: 300
Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Lindale » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:21 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Borovan entered the region as he wrote:
To: MP Macdanieus
From: Ash Olivercroft
Subject: Unhappy


Greetings, MP Macdanieus

Let me introduce myself I am an investor and I am a mid level staff of a finance investments company. I have viewed the proceedings from the tv and I would like to say I am appalled to hear that you are willing to support the rationale tax scheme bill. In honor I have donated a sum of no less than $200 through your campaign. While it is not huge you would know that a significant number of people would not support it because under it the imposed tax on capital gains would be amounting to at least 30% on those earning over$50,000. This is just too much and is a burden on the investment community.Please reconsider your vote and vote no on the bill by MP Marius.

Thank you,
God Bless

Sincerely,
Ash Olivercroft


OOC: he can’t vote no, his party made an agreement that forces him to vote tes

What the fuck!? Did my party sign this too? Also, why are a bunch of people abstaining, and would they be allowed to do that if were in a party who signed said aggreement? This is unacceptable!
Stefan Almeda, National People's Party of Saint Hilda
-NS Parliament

User avatar
New Lindale
Envoy
 
Posts: 300
Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Lindale » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:32 pm

[img]PFP%NO%GREATER%THAN%150X150PX%HERE[/img]
Image

Stefan Almeda
@norsk-doge

@norsk-doge This is unacceptable that the "centre-right" party is the ones responsible for this bill. I am so disappointed I have to vote on this bill. It's going to be PPACA all over again! We are trying to gain independence from the rule of another nation, yet we're becoming just like them! #notmychoice

RetweetsFavourites
NUMBER OF RETWEETSNUMBER OF FAVOURITES

Image

00:34 am - July/10/19
Last edited by New Lindale on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stefan Almeda, National People's Party of Saint Hilda
-NS Parliament

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:32 pm

An email is sent to the Prime Minister, Caron Von Leslie
To: Prime Minister Carl Von Leslie
From: MP Austin Miller
Subject: Possible Meeting

Hello, Mr. Prime Minister, as the Right-Honorable Prime Minister, you wield a lot of power over our politics. I would like to meet with you to discuss changing parties, perhaps to the NPP. Maybe we could meet at the milkshake bar outside parliament, or somewhere outside the chamber.

Warm Regards,
Austin Miller
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:37 pm

New Lindale wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:
OOC: he can’t vote no, his party made an agreement that forces him to vote tes

What the fuck!? Did my party sign this too? Also, why are a bunch of people abstaining, and would they be allowed to do that if were in a party who signed said aggreement? This is unacceptable!


OOC: okay, calm down. It is concerning, but it’s not too concerning. It’s not binding, but it’s unprofessional to break the deal. The liberals agreed to put the conservatives in power if they voted for their progressive tax scheme
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

User avatar
New Lindale
Envoy
 
Posts: 300
Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Lindale » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm

To: MP Austin Miller
From: MP Stefan Almeda
CC: MP Birgitta Marklund; MP Johnathan Vasquez
Subject: New tax bill
To whom it may concern,
So, it appears that some of us do not have a choice in the matter of voting, even though this bill has a lot of problems. Aside from my personal beliefs in terms of some of the strategies, there are several areas where needed information is left out.
Anyways, we are left with no choice than to counter it in some way. I have contacted you two because you and I see the problems with this bill, and assist me in making a new tax code. Since the coalition is so congealed with differing views, I am sure that what we come up with will be able to pass. For example, they have mentioned having Republicans, so the issue we have is that the tax code is in ways the same as Sweden's.
I hope you will accept my invitation, and we can discuss a way to fix this.

Sincerely,

Stefan Almeda
Stefan Almeda, National People's Party of Saint Hilda
-NS Parliament

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:55 pm

To: MP Stefan Almeda
From: MP Austin Miller
CC: MP Birgitta Marklund; MP Johnathan Vasquez
Subject: Re: New tax bill
Hi, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Would you like to meet in the milkshake bar?

Best Regards,
MP Austin Miller, SHAPC Deputy Leader
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Austin stepped into the milkshake bar outside parliament, waiting for his fellow member to come, if he accepted his email invitation.

OOC: since gun control isn’t really an issue here in Saint Hilda, would you be ok with it if I had a person open fire on the milkshake bar (no casualties/damage).
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

User avatar
Rebels and Saints
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 366
Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rebels and Saints » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:13 pm

New Lindale wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:
OOC: he can’t vote no, his party made an agreement that forces him to vote tes

What the fuck!? Did my party sign this too? Also, why are a bunch of people abstaining, and would they be allowed to do that if were in a party who signed said aggreement? This is unacceptable!


OOC: To be clear, the agreement doesn't force you to do anything. You can defy it, but you might be expelled from your party or lose positions of leadership.
MBTI: ENTP-A
Zodiac: Aquarius
House: Slytherin or Gryffindor, depending on the day.
Which Virtue Am I?: Diligence
Which Sin Am I?: Wrath
Favorite Color?: Black. Which is a color. If you don't count it, red.
8 Values Results?: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 5.0&s=66.0

I like to argue. I don't have anything against you. I don't dislike you. Sometimes my mouth gets ahead of me. It's just something I do, and I'll be just as happy to be your friend after the argument as before it.

User avatar
New Lindale
Envoy
 
Posts: 300
Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Lindale » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Stefan enters the milkshake bar, and finding Austin rushes over, plotting next to him.
"Thank you for accepting my invitation, I hope we can be able to fix the tax code before it's too late."

OOC: I don't know, I'm hoping it doesn't lead to gun control becoming an issue. I'm new here so there is still a lot I'm learning.
Stefan Almeda, National People's Party of Saint Hilda
-NS Parliament

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:29 pm

New Lindale wrote:Stefan enters the milkshake bar, and finding Austin rushes over, plotting next to him.
"Thank you for accepting my invitation, I hope we can be able to fix the tax code before it's too late."

OOC: I don't know, I'm hoping it doesn't lead to gun control becoming an issue. I'm new here so there is still a lot I'm learning.

OOC: okay, I mean there was a shooting in the conservative HQ, but I won’t proceed with that plot
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

User avatar
New Lindale
Envoy
 
Posts: 300
Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Lindale » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:20 pm

"Anyways, why don't figure out where we both are on this issue while we wait for a waiter. To start, what is your position for having brackets. For me, I cannot decide if a flat tax, or a dual tier system would be better."
Last edited by New Lindale on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan Almeda, National People's Party of Saint Hilda
-NS Parliament

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1836
Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:10 am

New Lindale wrote:"Anyways, why don't figure out where we both are on this issue while we wait for a waiter. To start, what is your position for having brackets. For me, I cannot decide if a flat tax, or a dual tier system would be better."

“I honestly didn’t read the complete bill. Once I saw the 40% income tax and the negative tax credits I stopped reading it.”
My Political Beliefs: https://8values.github.io/results.html? ... 8.5&s=61.3
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeyariss, Anowa, Arkeyana, Atkemri, Britanania, Brittaniastan, Ithalian Empire, Main Nation Ministry, Quebec-Libre, Rykil, The Empire of Tau, Turmenista, Uttland

Advertisement

Remove ads