NATION

PASSWORD

NS Parliament RP [OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Saint Hilda Cartographic Society
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Hilda Cartographic Society » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:21 am

Van Hool Islands wrote:SHCS Constituency Information Form
Constituency ID: 37
Constituency Name: Nyköping
Constituency Representative: Viktoria Ljungstrand
Representative's Party: SLP/R
Any relevant database links: viewtopic.php?p=35770192#p35770192

This will be accepted, but people should try to telegram this account if they can. It's mostly security to make sure it is not missed.

User avatar
Vedastia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 857
Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Vedastia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 am

SHCS Constituency Information Form
Constituency ID: 10
Constituency Name: Gustafshamn
Constituency Representative: Carl von Leslie
Representative's Party: NPP
Any relevant database links: viewtopic.php?p=35770486#p35770486
Carl von Leslie, Prime Minister of Saint Hilda in the NS Parliament
Leader of the National People's Party - For Family and Freedom
Dinake wrote:
Zoice wrote:The far right is truly to blame. The left may lose ground to them, but they wouldn't be losing ground if there wasn't the far right in the first place calling for batshit insanity.
That's like saying "blockbuster wouldn't be losing ground to netflix if there wasn't any netflix".
Major-Tom wrote:
Risottia wrote:Reality has a left-wing bias.
God, if I had a nickel for every time I heard some smug internet warrior say this...

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16776
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:25 am

Vedastia wrote:SHCS Constituency Information Form
Constituency ID: 10
Constituency Name: Gustafshamn
Constituency Representative: Carl von Leslie
Representative's Party: NPP
Any relevant database links: viewtopic.php?p=35770486#p35770486

Literally The post above you says to TG that.
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Vedastia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 857
Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Vedastia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:26 am

Kowani wrote:
Vedastia wrote:SHCS Constituency Information Form
Constituency ID: 10
Constituency Name: Gustafshamn
Constituency Representative: Carl von Leslie
Representative's Party: NPP
Any relevant database links: viewtopic.php?p=35770486#p35770486

Literally The post above you says to TG that.

I did TG it. I also posted it here.
Carl von Leslie, Prime Minister of Saint Hilda in the NS Parliament
Leader of the National People's Party - For Family and Freedom
Dinake wrote:
Zoice wrote:The far right is truly to blame. The left may lose ground to them, but they wouldn't be losing ground if there wasn't the far right in the first place calling for batshit insanity.
That's like saying "blockbuster wouldn't be losing ground to netflix if there wasn't any netflix".
Major-Tom wrote:
Risottia wrote:Reality has a left-wing bias.
God, if I had a nickel for every time I heard some smug internet warrior say this...

User avatar
Mayolagne
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: May 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mayolagne » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:28 am

SHCS Constituency Information Form
Constituency ID:
14
Constituency Name: Välsigastrand
Constituency Representative: Anders Kaj Ehnström
Representative's Party: SLP/R
Any relevant database links:
Anders Kaj Ehnström
Social Liberal Party - The Radicals

User avatar
Saint Hilda Cartographic Society
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Hilda Cartographic Society » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:14 am

Full-size constituency map.
The map is updated reasonably frequently though will typically avoid posting them here and flooding the general OOC. Here is the factbook with more regular updates.

It is interesting as we start to fill up enough to possibly identify some patterns. The SDP has a strong showing in Fort Ulrika urban constituencies, and the Liberals are prevalent in the suburbs and middle-income areas throughout the south of the island. More patterns of support may emerge in future, through coordination or coincidence.

User avatar
Martune
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1054
Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Martune » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:14 am

Van Hool Islands wrote:I'm speaking as me instead of as an admin, but I'm assuming the other admins can back me up.

If you have the nerve to join our Discord server, tell us to close up shop because you have rose-tinted glasses on about the old Senate and how great it was, you are not welcome in our roleplay for the forseeable future. That is childish, unacceptable behaviour, and it's what gave the Senate a bad reputation with the admins prior.

Let's just not cause petty drama of any sort.

Yes. Please. It’s unacceptable and there’s no good reason for this.
Admin of NS Parliament
Lucia Carlsson, Independent
Join: NS Parliament, a new government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Standing Orders

Who even knows what I am politically anymore

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 453
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:17 am

Saint Hilda Cartographic Society wrote:Full-size constituency map.
The map is updated reasonably frequently though will typically avoid posting them here and flooding the general OOC. Here is the factbook with more regular updates.

It is interesting as we start to fill up enough to possibly identify some patterns. The SDP has a strong showing in Fort Ulrika urban constituencies, and the Liberals are prevalent in the suburbs and middle-income areas throughout the south of the island. More patterns of support may emerge in future, through coordination or coincidence.

Why is number 43 reserved? :eyebrow: Could you be thinking of taking that constituency.....?
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1845
Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:40 am

East Meranopirus wrote:
Saint Hilda Cartographic Society wrote:Full-size constituency map.
The map is updated reasonably frequently though will typically avoid posting them here and flooding the general OOC. Here is the factbook with more regular updates.

It is interesting as we start to fill up enough to possibly identify some patterns. The SDP has a strong showing in Fort Ulrika urban constituencies, and the Liberals are prevalent in the suburbs and middle-income areas throughout the south of the island. More patterns of support may emerge in future, through coordination or coincidence.

Why is number 43 reserved? :eyebrow: Could you be thinking of taking that constituency.....?

I am planning on using 43, but not with my current character. Will make more sense later :p .

The advantage to me running this in my free time, is I can do that sort of thing. If other people do want to reserve a constituency for cool IC reasons they can get in touch and I'll see whether it merits reservation.

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 453
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:
East Meranopirus wrote:Why is number 43 reserved? :eyebrow: Could you be thinking of taking that constituency.....?

I am planning on using 43, but not with my current character. Will make more sense later :p .

The advantage to me running this in my free time, is I can do that sort of thing. If other people do want to reserve a constituency for cool IC reasons they can get in touch and I'll see whether it merits reservation.

Hmm...It's for Juliette Hopp...isn't it? :p

HOPP GANG!
Last edited by East Meranopirus on Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elusively never IC in the WA forums. Also author of (probably soon to be repealed) GA Resolution #464

Co-Founder of The Democratic Union

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

User avatar
The Fort Ulrika Times
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jul 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fort Ulrika Times » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 am

Attention MPs! The Fort Ulrika Times will be hosting a debate between any MPs and established party members that want to join.


OOC: the Fort Ulrika Times is hosting a debate. If you want to join (as any character) fill out an application and add a topic to be discussed at the debate.

Code: Select all
[b]NS Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Name of Member(s) Attending:[/b]
[b]Database Links to those Attending:[/b]
[b]Party of Member(s) Attending:[/b]
[b]Topic you Would Like to Introduce to the Debate:[/b]

User avatar
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1845
Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:09 am

East Meranopirus wrote:
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:I am planning on using 43, but not with my current character. Will make more sense later :p .

The advantage to me running this in my free time, is I can do that sort of thing. If other people do want to reserve a constituency for cool IC reasons they can get in touch and I'll see whether it merits reservation.

Hmm...It's for Juliette Hopp...isn't it? :p

HOPP GANG!

It might be :p

Depends whether I have the time to explore that avenue.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16776
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:15 am

NS Nation Name: The Allied States Of Kowani
Name of Member(s) Attending: Dorgival R. Seč
Database Links to those Attending:Dorgival R. Seč
Party of Member(s) Attending: SDP
Topic you Would Like to Introduce to the Debate: Social Safety Nets
Narcissistic (Hedonistic) Nihilist. Yes, I am edgy. I know.
Atheist and still proud of it. Spanish Expat.
Post-Capitalist, Post-Nationalist.
Rights are functionally just privileges society has deemed important.
Prydania wrote:
As a Canadian? I find Americans and their deep, deep distrust of the government to be fundamentally, critically, laughably flawed. I find some aspects of your country completely absurd. The distrust of anything remotely resembling authority is one. The gun problem that stems from that is another.

Seangoli wrote:You are spouting nonsensical drivel with no coherent thought, little logic, and at the end of it all just angry opining at the clouds based on a truly astonishly low level of knowledge or understanding of the subject matter.

0% Capitalism

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1491
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:01 am

Draft referendum act, feel free to make any suggestions:

Referendum on the Monarchy Act
Author: James Penta
Sponsors: Sven Sköldsvik, Viktoria Ljungstrand, Austin Miller



An Act to make provision for the holding of a referendum in the State of Saint Hilda on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:




§1 - The Referendum
  1. A referendum is to be held on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown
  2. The Prime Minister must, by regulations, appoint the day on which the referendum is held
  3. The day appointed under Section 1.2 -
    a. Must be no later than the 31 December 2021 (OOC: 31 August 2019)
    b. Must not be a day on which a parliamentary election is being held
  4. The question that is to appear on the ballot papers is-
    "Should Saint Hilda remain under the dominion of the Swedish Crown, or become a republic?"
  5. The alternative answers that are to appear on that ballot paper are-
    "Remain under the Dominion of the Swedish Crown

    Become a Republic"

§2 - Entitlement to Vote in the Referendum
  1. Those entitled to vote in the referendum are-
    a. the persons who, on the date of the referendum, would be entitled to vote as electors at a parliamentary election in any constituency
    b. the persons who, on that date, do not meet the requirements of 2.1.a. but would be entitled to vote as electors at a local government election in any electoral area of Saint Hilda
  2. In 2.1.b "local government election" includes a municipal election in the City of Fort Ulrika (that is, an election to the office of commisioner or an election to the representatives in the local council)
Last edited by Agarntrop on Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
End Child Marriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
Pro and Anti, Etc.
Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the Goddest Mod of them all?
Free Rojava!
♂️♀️♐ Copy and paste this into your sig if you passed biology and neither know or care how many genders there are. ♂️♀️♐
[| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
Philjia wrote:A gentlemen's agreement sounds like a sex act.

User avatar
Crylante
Diplomat
 
Posts: 750
Founded: Dec 06, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Crylante » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:51 am

Agarntrop wrote:Draft referendum act, feel free to make any suggestions:

Referendum on the Monarchy Act
Author: James Penta


An Act to make provision for the holding of a referendum in the State of Saint Hilda on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:




§1 - The Referendum
  1. A referendum is to be held on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown
  2. The Prime Minister must, by regulations, appoint the day on which the referendum is held
  3. The day appointed under Section 1.2 -
    a. Must be no later than the 31 December 2021 (OOC: 31 August 2019)
    b. Must not be a day on which a parliamentary election is being held
  4. The question that is to appear on the ballot papers is-
    "Should Saint Hilda remain under the dominion of the Swedish Crown, or become a republic?"
  5. The alternative answers that are to appear on that ballot paper are-
    "Remain under the Dominion of the Swedish Crown

    Become a Republic"

§2 - Entitlement to Vote in the Referendum
  1. Those entitled to vote in the referendum are-
    a. the persons who, on the date of the referendum, would be entitled to vote as electors at a parliamentary election in any constituency
    b. the persons who, on that date, do not meet the requirements of 2.1.a. but would be entitled to vote as electors at a local government election in any electoral area of Saint Hilda
  2. In 2.1.b "local government election" includes a municipal election in the City of Fort Ulrika (that is, an election to the office of commisioner or an election to the representatives in the local council)

Sponsor, Sven Sköldsvik, Republic
Crylantian Federation
Social democratic confederation of Latin-Danes, Danes and Finns.
IIWiki
Economic Left/Right: -8.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59

Senator Sven Sköldsvik of Republic
"We are one of the richest countries in the world, and there is absolutely no reason why anyone should have to live in poverty." - Jeremy Corbyn

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:00 pm

Crylante wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Draft referendum act, feel free to make any suggestions:

Referendum on the Monarchy Act
Author: James Penta


An Act to make provision for the holding of a referendum in the State of Saint Hilda on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:




§1 - The Referendum
  1. A referendum is to be held on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown
  2. The Prime Minister must, by regulations, appoint the day on which the referendum is held
  3. The day appointed under Section 1.2 -
    a. Must be no later than the 31 December 2021 (OOC: 31 August 2019)
    b. Must not be a day on which a parliamentary election is being held
  4. The question that is to appear on the ballot papers is-
    "Should Saint Hilda remain under the dominion of the Swedish Crown, or become a republic?"
  5. The alternative answers that are to appear on that ballot paper are-
    "Remain under the Dominion of the Swedish Crown

    Become a Republic"

§2 - Entitlement to Vote in the Referendum
  1. Those entitled to vote in the referendum are-
    a. the persons who, on the date of the referendum, would be entitled to vote as electors at a parliamentary election in any constituency
    b. the persons who, on that date, do not meet the requirements of 2.1.a. but would be entitled to vote as electors at a local government election in any electoral area of Saint Hilda
  2. In 2.1.b "local government election" includes a municipal election in the City of Fort Ulrika (that is, an election to the office of commisioner or an election to the representatives in the local council)

Sponsor, Sven Sköldsvik, Republic

Sponsored, Austin Miller, SHAPC Deputy Leader
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

User avatar
Van Hool Islands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 651
Founded: Nov 12, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Van Hool Islands » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:31 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Draft referendum act, feel free to make any suggestions:

Referendum on the Monarchy Act
Author: James Penta
Sponsors: Sven Sköldsvik



An Act to make provision for the holding of a referendum in the State of Saint Hilda on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:




§1 - The Referendum
  1. A referendum is to be held on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown
  2. The Prime Minister must, by regulations, appoint the day on which the referendum is held
  3. The day appointed under Section 1.2 -
    a. Must be no later than the 31 December 2021 (OOC: 31 August 2019)
    b. Must not be a day on which a parliamentary election is being held
  4. The question that is to appear on the ballot papers is-
    "Should Saint Hilda remain under the dominion of the Swedish Crown, or become a republic?"
  5. The alternative answers that are to appear on that ballot paper are-
    "Remain under the Dominion of the Swedish Crown

    Become a Republic"

§2 - Entitlement to Vote in the Referendum
  1. Those entitled to vote in the referendum are-
    a. the persons who, on the date of the referendum, would be entitled to vote as electors at a parliamentary election in any constituency
    b. the persons who, on that date, do not meet the requirements of 2.1.a. but would be entitled to vote as electors at a local government election in any electoral area of Saint Hilda
  2. In 2.1.b "local government election" includes a municipal election in the City of Fort Ulrika (that is, an election to the office of commisioner or an election to the representatives in the local council)

Sponsor, Viktoria Ljungstrand, SLP/R.
Currently representing the SLP/R, Leading to a brighter future, in the NS Parliament RP as Representative and party leader Viktoria Ljungstrand.

NS Parliament admin

User avatar
Lysone
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Jun 09, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lysone » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm

@Agarntrop I was working on a similar bill. Would you consider adding these sections to your version?

§3 - Regulation of the Referendum
  1. The Electoral Commission shall be responsible for the running and regulation of the referendum.
  2. The Electoral Commission shall nominate two campaign groups to be the official campaigns for either side of the referendum.
  3. The Electoral Commission shall be responsible for setting spending limits for the campaigns.

§4 - Impact of the Referendum
  1. Should the electorate opt to remain a dominion of the Swedish Crown there shall be no change to the way in which Saint Hilda is governed.
  2. Should the electorate opt to become a parliamentary republic, the Parliament of Saint Hilda shall be obligated to amend the Constitution of the State of Saint Hilda to implement the following:
    i. The establishment of the Office of the President which shall be the official government office of which the president is head.
    ii. The president shall replace the Swedish Crown as the head of state of Saint Hilda.
    iii. The president shall be required to be a citizen of Saint Hilda, at least twenty years of age and to have been a resident of Saint Hilda for at least fifteen years.
    iv. Elections for the presidency shall take place every three years (OOC: 3 months).
    v. Should the president resign or die in office, their duties shall be performed by the prime minister until a new election can be scheduled by the Electoral Commission.
    vi. Elections for the presidency shall used a two-round system, in which if no candidate gains an absolute majority in the first round of voting, a second round shall be scheduled between the two candidates with the most votes.
    vii. The president shall be responsible for the formal appointment of a prime minister, once they have demonstrated that they command the confidence of a majority of Parliament.
    viii. The president shall be responsible for conducting foreign policy in conjunction with with the prime minister and their government.


In addition, you give the government quite a lot of leeway over when to schedule the referendum. Given that we have a monarchist prime minister at the moment I feel like this will result in the referendum being put off for as long as possible. I'd suggest something like the timescale below, but don't really have my heart set on a particular timescale.

§X - Timing of the Referendum
  1. Following the formal passage of this legislation there shall be a one week period for the Electoral Commission to organise the referendum.
  2. Following this one week period a formal two week campaign period shall be declared, after which a 48 hour voting period shall be opened.
  3. Following the end of this voting period the Electoral Commission shall be charged with announcing the result of the referendum.
Birgitta Marklund, Member of Parliament (SLP:R)
Johanna Nyberg, former Commissioner for Fort Ulrika (SLP:R), Chairwoman of the Movement for Democratic Change

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1491
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Lysone wrote:@Agarntrop I was working on a similar bill. Would you consider adding these sections to your version?

§3 - Regulation of the Referendum
  1. The Electoral Commission shall be responsible for the running and regulation of the referendum.
  2. The Electoral Commission shall nominate two campaign groups to be the official campaigns for either side of the referendum.
  3. The Electoral Commission shall be responsible for setting spending limits for the campaigns.

§4 - Impact of the Referendum
  1. Should the electorate opt to remain a dominion of the Swedish Crown there shall be no change to the way in which Saint Hilda is governed.
  2. Should the electorate opt to become a parliamentary republic, the Parliament of Saint Hilda shall be obligated to amend the Constitution of the State of Saint Hilda to implement the following:
    i. The establishment of the Office of the President which shall be the official government office of which the president is head.
    ii. The president shall replace the Swedish Crown as the head of state of Saint Hilda.
    iii. The president shall be required to be a citizen of Saint Hilda, at least twenty years of age and to have been a resident of Saint Hilda for at least fifteen years.
    iv. Elections for the presidency shall take place every three years (OOC: 3 months).
    v. Should the president resign or die in office, their duties shall be performed by the prime minister until a new election can be scheduled by the Electoral Commission.
    vi. Elections for the presidency shall used a two-round system, in which if no candidate gains an absolute majority in the first round of voting, a second round shall be scheduled between the two candidates with the most votes.
    vii. The president shall be responsible for the formal appointment of a prime minister, once they have demonstrated that they command the confidence of a majority of Parliament.
    viii. The president shall be responsible for conducting foreign policy in conjunction with with the prime minister and their government.


In addition, you give the government quite a lot of leeway over when to schedule the referendum. Given that we have a monarchist prime minister at the moment I feel like this will result in the referendum being put off for as long as possible. I'd suggest something like the timescale below, but don't really have my heart set on a particular timescale.

§X - Timing of the Referendum
  1. Following the formal passage of this legislation there shall be a one week period for the Electoral Commission to organise the referendum.
  2. Following this one week period a formal two week campaign period shall be declared, after which a 48 hour voting period shall be opened.
  3. Following the end of this voting period the Electoral Commission shall be charged with announcing the result of the referendum.

I would add §3 and §4, but not §X as we don't want to rule out any government members voting for it.
End Child Marriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
Pro and Anti, Etc.
Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the Goddest Mod of them all?
Free Rojava!
♂️♀️♐ Copy and paste this into your sig if you passed biology and neither know or care how many genders there are. ♂️♀️♐
[| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
Philjia wrote:A gentlemen's agreement sounds like a sex act.

User avatar
Agarntrop
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1491
Founded: May 14, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Agarntrop » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Draft #2:

Referendum on the Monarchy Act
Author: James Penta
Sponsors: Sven Sköldsvik, Viktoria Ljungstrand, Austin Miller, Birgitta Marklund



An Act to make provision for the holding of a referendum in the State of Saint Hilda on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown

BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED, as follows:




§1 - The Referendum
  1. A referendum is to be held on whether Saint Hilda should remain under the dominion of the Swedish crown
  2. The Prime Minister must, by regulations, appoint the day on which the referendum is held
  3. The day appointed under Section 1.2 -
    a. Must be no later than the 31 December 2021 (OOC: 31 August 2019)
    b. Must not be a day on which a parliamentary election is being held
  4. The question that is to appear on the ballot papers is-
    "Should Saint Hilda remain under the dominion of the Swedish Crown, or become a republic?"
  5. The alternative answers that are to appear on that ballot paper are-
    "Remain under the Dominion of the Swedish Crown

    Become a Republic"

§2 - Entitlement to Vote in the Referendum
  1. Those entitled to vote in the referendum are-
    a. the persons who, on the date of the referendum, would be entitled to vote as electors at a parliamentary election in any constituency
    b. the persons who, on that date, do not meet the requirements of 2.1.a. but would be entitled to vote as electors at a local government election in any electoral area of Saint Hilda
  2. In 2.1.b "local government election" includes a municipal election in the City of Fort Ulrika (that is, an election to the office of commisioner or an election to the representatives in the local council)
§3 - Regulation of the Referendum
  1. The Electoral Commission shall be responsible for the running and regulation of the referendum.
  2. The Electoral Commission shall nominate two campaign groups to be the official campaigns for either side of the referendum.
  3. The Electoral Commission shall be responsible for setting spending limits for the campaigns.

§4 - Impact of the Referendum
  1. Should the electorate opt to remain a dominion of the Swedish Crown there shall be no change to the way in which Saint Hilda is governed.
  2. Should the electorate opt to become a parliamentary republic, the Parliament of Saint Hilda shall be obligated to amend the Constitution of the State of Saint Hilda to implement the following:
    i. The establishment of the Office of the President which shall be the official government office of which the president is head.
    ii. The president shall replace the Swedish Crown as the head of state of Saint Hilda.
    iii. The president shall be required to be a citizen of Saint Hilda, at least twenty years of age and to have been a resident of Saint Hilda for at least fifteen years.
    iv. Elections for the presidency shall take place every three years (OOC: 3 months).
    v. Should the president resign or die in office, their duties shall be performed by the prime minister until a new election can be scheduled by the Electoral Commission.
    vi. Elections for the presidency shall used a two-round system, in which if no candidate gains an absolute majority in the first round of voting, a second round shall be scheduled between the two candidates with the most votes.
    vii. The president shall be responsible for the formal appointment of a prime minister, once they have demonstrated that they command the confidence of a majority of Parliament.
    viii. The president shall be responsible for conducting foreign policy in conjunction with with the prime minister and their government.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
End Child Marriage In the U.S. #18NoExceptions
Pro and Anti, Etc.
Mirror Mirror on the wall, who's the Goddest Mod of them all?
Free Rojava!
♂️♀️♐ Copy and paste this into your sig if you passed biology and neither know or care how many genders there are. ♂️♀️♐
[| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
Philjia wrote:A gentlemen's agreement sounds like a sex act.

User avatar
Lysone
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Jun 09, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lysone » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Fair enough. I'll sponsor it.
Birgitta Marklund, Member of Parliament (SLP:R)
Johanna Nyberg, former Commissioner for Fort Ulrika (SLP:R), Chairwoman of the Movement for Democratic Change

User avatar
NS Parliament Administrators
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Jun 03, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby NS Parliament Administrators » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:52 am

OP tweaked a little.

Also, please note that when deciding your constituencies population for the Database, make sure it is between 15,000 and 25,000 people. It may seem like a lot but it's canon.

-Martune

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:37 am

| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

User avatar
Pharexia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Feb 18, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pharexia » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Nation Name: Pharexia
History of Warnings, Bans, etc: None
Character Name (Optional, Add Full Profile In Database): Dr. Enya Holmberg Tikhonova
Party (choose from existing parties or create one with the party application): National People's Party


SHCS Constituency Information Form
Constituency ID: 1
Constituency Name: Stavíxs—Thine Islands
Constituency Representative: Enya Tikhonova
Representative's Party: NPP
Any relevant database links: Will add in due time
Last edited by Pharexia on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Democratic States of Pharexia
Unitary semi-presidential representative democratic republic

Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.54
Dr. Enya Holmberg Tikhonova of the United Conservative Party

User avatar
The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1946
Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:51 am

Went to the House of Lords today. A boring guy was talking about airplanes so a bunch of barons were on their phones and/or left while he spoke. Then in Commons some Scottish guy roasted Theresa May. After that, the parliament went on lockdown.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Natemban Islands, Remnants of Exilvania

Advertisement

Remove ads