NATION

PASSWORD

Superhunted (Superhero RP Reboot) (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quebec-Libre
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec-Libre » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Talchyon wrote:One more question. What pray tell do you mean in the rules by "No Mary Sues"? I don't understand that reference at all.

Overly perfect characters.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Quebec-Libre wrote:
Talchyon wrote:One more question. What pray tell do you mean in the rules by "No Mary Sues"? I don't understand that reference at all.

Overly perfect characters.

Ah so. Any characters I make will have definite disadvantages and flaws.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Quebec-Libre
Diplomat

Postby Quebec-Libre » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Quebec-Libre wrote:Overly perfect characters.

Good. Also, Small advice, We're more in need of vilains than heroes right now.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Quebec-Libre wrote:Overly perfect characters.

Yeah, my character looks pretty strong, and is, but has an achilles heel. And technically, snipers are pretty effective in this RP it seems.

Quebec-Libre
Diplomat

Postby Quebec-Libre » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:18 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Yeah, my character looks pretty strong, and is, but has an achilles heel. And technically, snipers are pretty effective in this RP it seems.

Mine's also very powerful, but his issue is that he's got a "talent" to get people on his side, but also against him.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 pm

Quebec-Libre wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Good. Also, Small advice, We're more in need of vilains than heroes right now.

Alright. I could go with a villain. Let me think on it.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Ok. What about a villain whose power grows exponentially based on how much alcohol he drinks?

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:13 am

Talchyon wrote:Ok. What about a villain whose power grows exponentially based on how much alcohol he drinks?

So you are going for a character that uses alcohol as fuel for his Pyrokinesis? Well, the large flames will require him to drink beverages with a high alcohol count, so a lack of alcohol would be his weakness.

Amytha red
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Amytha red » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:16 am

Sounds interesting. Can i join? I'll throw a sheet soon.

Amytha red
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Amytha red » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Name: Aiden Whittaker
Appearance: Image
Height & Weight : 182 cm/76 Kg
Affiliation: Villain

Bio: Aiden was born into a poor and abusive household. Greatly disliking his family, young Aiden spent most of his time outside until he decided to run from his house entirely. Spending most of his teenage years as a member of various delinquent groups and later gangs, working as their drug dealer, extra muscle and anything else. At age 17, thanks to a terrible carjacking accident where he almost died Aiden awoken his superpower. Currently he worked alone, either for his own benefit or as a freelancer who worked for anyone willing to hire him. Despite his mostly neutral attitude he is still classified as a villain, namely due to his long list of criminal activities and usual disregard of the law.

Category (Power Level): Category 4
Powers:
Enhanced strength (Can lift 4 tons), Enhanced Durability (Can shrug off low caliber bullets), Enhanced sight (20/4 sights, has night vision), Enhanced stamina, Minor healing factor. His main power is an ability to manipulate the acceleration and velocity of any moving objects within a radius of 5 Metres up to mach 12.

Weaknesses: His manipulation ability only work on moving, nonliving objects within a small radius. Also any higher caliber bullets might still harms him.

Optional!

Likes: Good employer, Money, 60's British rocks, Smoked beefs, Spring rolls, Classic cars and motorcycles.

Dislikes: Traitors, glory hounds, gouda cheese, tofu, rats.
Last edited by Amytha red on Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Ok. What about a villain whose power grows exponentially based on how much alcohol he drinks?

So you are going for a character that uses alcohol as fuel for his Pyrokinesis? Well, the large flames will require him to drink beverages with a high alcohol count, so a lack of alcohol would be his weakness.

I'm not exactly thinking of a pyrokinetic though. Just someone whose ability is fueled by alcohol, and the more he has in him, the stronger his power is. But at the same time, the alcoholism is destroying him and turning him into shambles.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:32 pm

Amytha red wrote:Name: Aiden Whittaker
Appearance: (Image)
Height & Weight : 182 cm/76 Kg
Affiliation: Villain

Bio: Aiden was born into a poor and abusive household. Greatly disliking his family, young Aiden spent most of his time outside until he decided to run from his house entirely. Spending most of his teenage years as a member of various delinquent groups and later gangs, working as their drug dealer, extra muscle and anything else. At age 17, thanks to a terrible carjacking accident where he almost died Aiden awoken his superpower. Currently he worked alone, either for his own benefit or as a freelancer who worked for anyone willing to hire him. Despite his mostly neutral attitude he is still classified as a villain, namely due to his long list of criminal activities and usual disregard of the law.

Category (Power Level): Category 4
Powers:
Enhanced strength (Can lift 4 tons), Enhanced Durability (Can shrug off low caliber bullets), Enhanced sight (20/4 sights, has night vision), Enhanced stamina, Minor healing factor. His main power is an ability to manipulate the acceleration and velocity of any moving objects within a radius of 5 Metres up to mach 12.

Weaknesses: His manipulation ability only work on moving, nonliving objects within a small radius. Also any higher caliber bullets might still harms him.

Optional!

Likes: Good employer, Money, 60's British rocks, Smoked beefs, Spring rolls, Classic cars and motorcycles.

Dislikes: Traitors, glory hounds, gouda cheese, tofu, rats.

Accepted

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:40 pm

Talchyon wrote: I'm not exactly thinking of a pyrokinetic though. Just someone whose ability is fueled by alcohol, and the more he has in him, the stronger his power is. But at the same time, the alcoholism is destroying him and turning him into shambles.

Well, Pyrokinesis is the only power that can logically benefit from consumption of alcohol, so I naturally assumed that you were going for a fire themed villain.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Flarbinia wrote:
Talchyon wrote: I'm not exactly thinking of a pyrokinetic though. Just someone whose ability is fueled by alcohol, and the more he has in him, the stronger his power is. But at the same time, the alcoholism is destroying him and turning him into shambles.

Well, Pyrokinesis is the only power that can logically benefit from consumption of alcohol, so I naturally assumed that you were going for a fire themed villain.

I'm actually thinking something mental and creative. Something that won't be immediately noticeable as coming from my character, so the authorities don't just open fire on an obviously drunken character.

And I'm sorry for taking so long at getting an app up. This has been an unusually busy and stressful time IRL. I'm expecting things to slow down some by Sunday evening.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:47 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:Well, Pyrokinesis is the only power that can logically benefit from consumption of alcohol, so I naturally assumed that you were going for a fire themed villain.

I'm actually thinking something mental and creative. Something that won't be immediately noticeable as coming from my character, so the authorities don't just open fire on an obviously drunken character.

And I'm sorry for taking so long at getting an app up. This has been an unusually busy and stressful time IRL. I'm expecting things to slow down some by Sunday evening.

That's alright.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 am

My app is done.

Name: Jim Keller. No nickname yet, but when he gets one, he will be known as "Scatterbrain."

Appearance: Image

Bio: Jim Keller grew up the son of an abusive alcoholic father and a mother who enabled that behavior. As such, Jim never had a strong home life and lived more in fear and self-loathing. He didn't really fit in at school, and except for a few times, was rarely even noticed. A few times, various kids stood up for him, helped him, made his life something less awful than it was. But the rest? Jim was just there, never a good student, staying out late and trying to avoid coming home. He dropped out of high school at age 15 and did what he could to survive. Odd jobs here and there, crashing on various people's couches, living in a home that was more of a base of operations for a drug dealer than a home.

Jim took to drinking at a young age, and never really stopped. Alcoholism claimed him just as it had his father. There were times Jim has stolen from people in order to buy the next drink. However, when he drank, Jim thought of himself as becoming more powerful (even though he was physically just the same). What was happening was that his powers were awakening and unlocking. And as this happened, various others around him were affected by Jim's powers. Car accidents were common. People easily got lost, missed appointments, felt miserable and hated themselves. Jim was behind it - and he didn't even realize it to the extent that another might.

During the Durant incident, Jim was at one of the cheaper bars he knew, downing as much hard liquor as he could afford. He was barely conscious of the events happening on the bar news channel. After his fourth shot of whiskey, Jim went out into the street and collapsed. The mayhem that happened after in that area was noticed by the law enforcement and the R.A.G.N.A.R.O.K. forces. However, nothing could be traced to Jim, and so the event was merely reported with little chance of follow-up. Since then, Jim has been living in the deep stages of alcoholism, craving the next drink and not caring about anyone else but him.

Category (Power Level): 5

Powers:
  • Alcohol Empowerment - The higher Jim's BAC level, the more and the stronger his mental powers go. Sober? Jim still has his powers, but at a limited state. (Each other power listed will detail the exact effects when Jim is sober and passed out drunk, understanding that other stages of drunkenness are somewhere in between). But if Jim drinks so much that he passes out and loses consciousness? The city and neighboring communities may be in grave danger.
  • Mess You Up - Jim has the ability to scramble minds. What exactly does this mean? It means that the person who was about to shoot is distracted, and even surprised, to find a gun in his hands. It means that the person giving orders now can only speak in garbled talk. It means that for a person affected, even simple procedures to follow are excruciatingly difficult. It means whoever is affected has a strong sense of vertigo, dizziness and nausea. In short, it's a weapon of an entirely different order.
    - When sober - Jim can only affect one person's mind at a time, but it requires 2 solid minutes of touch. The effects last half a minute.
    - When passed out due to drunkenness - Jim can affect an area of 50 ft. around him. And he will do it unconsciously. The effects last ten minutes. It is not a continuous scrambling of minds, but a one-time act.
  • Mental Rebound - Any psionic / mental actions or attacks against Jim will rebound against the person performing it. A psionic attack against Jim will cause the exact same damage to the attacker. A telepath trying to read Jim's mind will get static. This has no effects against telekinetics lifting Jim or flinging things at him. A purely defensive power. Jim isn't even aware he has it.
  • Shared Misery - Jim's last ability can make others feel what he feels - down to the same drunkenness, rage, and self-loathing he has. This ability operates under the following conditions:
    -While sober - Jim can pass on his feelings by touching someone else for about a minute. The effects last about a minute.
    -While passed out drunk - Jim passes on his (subconscious) feelings in an area up to 50 ft. around him. The effects last about ten minutes. It is not a continuous projection of feelings, but only a one time act.

Weaknesses: Jim is an alcoholic and is not immune to the effects of his condition. He has no or little combat abilities. He also gets angry and emotional when he is drunk, which is regularly.

Optional!

Likes: If he is sober, and sometimes in his regular drunken state, Jim has a few positive memories from childhood that have basically carried him. He both wants to help kids and detests them at the same time. He does like being right and others acknowledging his ideas as valid and helpful. If drunk, Jim just likes to be left alone.

Dislikes: Authority. People. Being talked down to.
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:29 am, edited 12 times in total.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

List of Currently Available Missions

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 pm

Superhero Missions
Destroy R.A.G.N.A.R.O.K Communications Center
Rescue The Omega Corps from P.E.R.U.N Transport Convoy
Kill The Fiery Cyborg Twins
Supervillain Mission
Hack R.A.G.N.A.R.O.K Communications Center
Rescue The Defrosting Eight from P.E.R.U.N Transport Convoy
Extract the Fiery Cyborg Twins

Sorry for not posting this list earlier. I was busy with another RP.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 pm

I'm trying to figure out the power level for the power we've talked about. Level 4 or 6? It's kind of a mix of both.

Quebec-Libre
Diplomat

Postby Quebec-Libre » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:40 am

Talchyon wrote:I'm trying to figure out the power level for the power we've talked about. Level 4 or 6? It's kind of a mix of both.

Average it at 5?

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 am

Talchyon wrote:I'm trying to figure out the power level for the power we've talked about. Level 4 or 6? It's kind of a mix of both.

Category 5

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:41 am

Another question - in the app, it asks what we did during the Durant incident. But the RP takes place now, and the Durant incident happened quite some time before now - like right after WWI, if I remember right. How is it possible any of our characters could do anything during the Durant incident unless they're elderly (or long-lived)?

Quebec-Libre
Diplomat

Postby Quebec-Libre » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Talchyon wrote:Another question - in the app, it asks what we did during the Durant incident. But the RP takes place now, and the Durant incident happened quite some time before now - like right after WWI, if I remember right. How is it possible any of our characters could do anything during the Durant incident unless they're elderly (or long-lived)?
It's an unrelated accident. The Durant one we're talking about here is in 2019.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Quebec-Libre wrote:
Talchyon wrote:Another question - in the app, it asks what we did during the Durant incident. But the RP takes place now, and the Durant incident happened quite some time before now - like right after WWI, if I remember right. How is it possible any of our characters could do anything during the Durant incident unless they're elderly (or long-lived)?
It's an unrelated accident. The Durant one we're talking about here is in 2019.

Ok. So our RP is some months after that? Just helps to know when crafting my character.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:12 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Quebec-Libre wrote: It's an unrelated accident. The Durant one we're talking about here is in 2019.

Ok. So our RP is some months after that? Just helps to know when crafting my character.

It happened on the 14th of April.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:56 am

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse