NATION

PASSWORD

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (20th Century PT, OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (20th Century PT, OOC)

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 am

Vol. 1

【話說天下大勢,分久必合,合久必分。】
"The world under heaven, long divided, must unite; long united, must divide. Such as it has always been." - Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Chapter 1, opening lines

China is in turmoil. From its vanquishment of the despotic Qin, the Han dynasty has ruled over the Middle Kingdom for nearly four hundred years. But the days of its zenith are long gone, and in the viper's nest of the court, the eunuchs and officials of the emperor had grown decadent, corrupt and avaricious. Warlords rise, and good men fall. With chaos devouring the land, only a new generation of heroes can lift the nation out of the darkness. But will you be the one to bring unity in chaos? Will you forge unbreakable friendships, uphold justice and vanquish the evil poisoning the land, or will you sharpen your blades, steel your heart to betrayal and deceit, and plot your way to victory? The choice is yours, hero.

Credits to Agritum for the idea.

Synopsis

Welcome, prospective hero, to Romance of the Three Kingdoms, a retelling of the Ming-era historical novel by Luo Guanzhong on the famed 3rd Century conflict. Setting the events of the novel and its associated historical context against the chaos of Industrial Age China, you will play as one of the many fabled heroes and lords of the story. As such, players are expected to keep their characters as close to the original personalities as possible (i.e. Zhao Yun as an honourable warrior). Original characters are strictly forbidden, though gender-swapped characters are allowed, provided there are no significant changes to their personalities.

Over the course of the roleplay, the actions of the players will determine the course of events to come. As such, expect events from the novel to deviate as time goes on. The roleplay will start at the Yellow Turban Rebellion. Being based on the novel, player characters will possess far greater strength and endurance than normal NPCs. Even then, the normal rules for roleplay apply.

Setting

While events in the novel are set in the 3rd Century A.D., with some historical anachronisms thrown in by the Ming Dynasty author, the roleplay will be set in an alternate Interwar period China, another well-known time of internal strife known as the Warlords Era. The cliques the characters will form will take the place of the kingdoms of the era, as would the various bordering countries. As such, the rank and file of the soldiers will have access to weapons of the era, up to and including tanks. Even then, entire battalions of sword-armed infantry was not unheard of, especially with China.

Still, as per the novel setting, the larger-than-life heroics of the warriors will continue to come into play, allowing player characters to take on dozens of enemies with unnatural ability. As such, only incredible numbers or the intervention of an opposing hero would put a stop to one's rampage. But don't go overboard, for the gods (i.e. OP and Co-OPs) are still watching for anything akin to godmodding or other unfriendly conduct.

Factions

While the Three Kingdoms era is known for the aforementioned three kingdoms, Wei, Shu and Wu, the events in the novel also depict the struggle between other warlords, and the chaos that plagued the twilight years of the Han dynasty. All will technically be available for play, though players are recommended to join the three main factions.

Shu Han (蜀漢)

Sworn brothers of the peach garden, the trio of Liu Bei, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are dedicated their lives for the preservation of justice, defence of the weak, and the restoration of the rightful rule of the Han emperor. As the impotence and corruption of the court manifested into the suffering of the masses, these noble heroes would join together to found a new realm, one dedicated to purging the sickness that are the warlords and the vile officials who had inflicted so much misery. To that end, the Fùhànhuì (Traditional Chinese: 復漢會, Society to Restore the Han) was formed, an army of the righteous, intent on building a safe haven for the people, and bide its strength to reunite the lands under a reborn Han dynasty. History had not been kind to their original incarnations, felled by their hated Wei enemies as the first kingdom to be vanquished. Perhaps with your sword, good will finally triumph.

As an army without a stronghold, the Shu clique in its early days would have to rely on the support of other warlords to get by. However, this allows the Shu to settle just about anywhere in the Middle Kingdom. Be warned though, that once the Shu clique has seized control of a stronghold, there will be a strong imperative to expand and secure legitimacy. The other warlords and kingdoms would certainly not take kindly to such upstarts.

Cao Wei (曹魏)

In a world consumed by chaos and greed, the maggots rule the roost. Those who lack the will nor ability as leaders have befouled the imperial administration, reaping the suffering of the people for their own self-reward. But in this chaos lies a grand hope, one of order and merit. It was for that reason the Huángfùdǎng (Simplified Chinese: 皇复党, Imperial Revival Party) was formed. Initially founded with the intention of rooting out the corruption of the Han court, its chairman, Cao Cao, found that goal increasingly untenable, with warlords growing ever more powerful by the day. Ever the ambitious visionary, his goals slowly shifted from halting the plague in the court to the complete dismantlement of the Han dynasty. In its place, he sought to build a new China from the ruins, one where only the most worthy will lead a just and ordered society. To that end, no plot is beneath him, and no level too low to stoop to. For in a world of snakes, only the most shrewd will survive.

Possessing a stable industrial base, large population, and strategic, central location, the Wei clique is poised to take centerstage in the reunification of China. Coupled with the political skill of Cao Cao, the Wei clique could decide to become puppeteers of the Han emperor, or depose it altogether. But beware of the warlords around you, who both admire and envy your power. And that is not counting the Xianbei horselords in the north, and the militarist Koreans of Goguryeo in the northeast. Take heed.

Eastern Wu/Sun Wu (東吳/孫吳)

Peace and prosperity. That is but the sole goals of the Nánméng (Traditional Chinese: 南盟, Southern League). Amidst the chaos manifesting itself throughout the land, the Sun family sought an answer to resolving the suffering of the people. That answer came in the bustling cities and river lines, in the warehouses and ports, and its enterprising merchants, sailors, and fishers. What war and bureaucracy deny, trade can resolve. And for that, the Nánméng built their stronghold, their island of tranquility and wealth in a broken land. Will they simply contend with fending off its challengers on all fronts, or will they bring unity to the land and end the chaos themselves? With the Han tethering on the brink of collapse, one must fill the void. If not the other warlords, why not the Southern League?

Located in the dialect-rich areas of the coastal Southeast, the Wu clique is well positioned to exploit the maritime silk route and twin river deltas of the Yellow and Yangtze. With the backing of the prosperous but dubious Wu business clans, you have a variety of options to utilize your wealth (e.g. hiring mercenaries, building fleets, etc). But be wary of bandits roaming your lands, rival cliques at your borders and restive barbarians to the south. If nothing else, brute force and iron will see you through.

Dong Zhuo (董卓)

The despotic tyrant who would accelerate the end of the Han dynasty, Dong Zhuo was not always the bloated, lascivious sadist he had now become. Chivalrous and strong in his youth, he was nonetheless corrupted by the lure of power in his later days, seizing the opportunity to build up his power base as he sensed the Han dynasty's imminent demise. So cruel was his low character that the author need only to embellish his foul acts. Power mad, he would eventually lead a coup to plant the underage Emperor Xian to the throne, and enact a reign of terror that would only end with his demise in the hands of the nigh-invincible Lü Bu.

Playing as part of this faction is, to put it simply, a death sentence. Your clique is more universally hated than the Beiyang, and everyone worth their salt would seek to depose the clique once it takes prime position in power. The only reason that you would be in this faction is that you are playing either Dong Zhuo, Lü Bu or Diao Chan. In which case, the first is almost certainly a death sentence, and the other two would be unlikely to survive a coalition themselves. This is not for the faint of heart. Failure is guaranteed.

P.S. Lü Bu is a restricted character for roleplay due to his sheer invincibility. Only for experienced roleplayers.

Yellow Turbans (黃巾)

Evil has taken root in the Middle Kingdom! Vile officials and eunuchs lavish on the suffering of the peasants, and the Han court does nothing but squander! The heavens dictate that the mandate has been lost, and so shall it be! Only the faithful and valorous will triumph against the poisonous bureaucracy! Rise up, peasants! Take up your sword against the fatuous emperor! Break the chains on your ankles and slay the sinners where they stand! Bring the wrath of heaven upon them!

A disorganized rebel militia, your only source of strength is your sheer numbers and religious zeal. Calling his domain the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, the self-proclaimed messiah Zhang Jiao seeks to overwhelm the Han with unbridled fanaticism and alleged mystic powers. The Yellow Turbans in the novel are but starter villains to the heroes of the Three Kingdoms. How would a hero in their position attempt to change their fate?

Yuan Shao (袁紹)

A powerful member of the Han bureaucracy, Yuan Shao is as well-placed a warlord as he could be. Well-connected and wealthy, he had led the coalition against Dong Zhuo to restore power to the Han emperor. And yet, he and his half-brother were often vying for control, squandering riches to fund their incessant squabbles. In the end, his death and failure to appoint a successor left a power vacuum to be filled by his old friend, Cao Cao. His arrogance and stubbornness a source for theatrics in the novel, though perhaps a player would do slightly better in his place.

Other Prominent Warlords (see map)
  • Gongsun Zan
  • Gongsun Du
  • Liu Zhang
  • Liu Biao
  • Liu Yao
  • Ma Teng
  • Han Sui
  • Yuan Shu
  • Shi Xie
  • Zhang Lu
  • Zhang Xiu
*Note that the list is non-exhaustive

Barbarians

Beyond the borders of the Han rule the barbarians, all of whom gaze in wonder, sometimes envy, of the center of the world. In the north, the untamed steppe peoples of the Xiongnu sharpen their claws, ready to ride into the unprotected north, eager to pillage the rich countryside in the chaos. In the northeast are the Korean kingdoms, caught in their own internal struggles and covetous towards the frontier Han commanderies of Lelang and Xuantu. To the south, the Nanman and Nanyue rise in revolt against Han rule, their sheer arrogance replacing order with anarchy. And in the Far East lies the Wa, distant island folk content with their own existence, though fascinated by the burgeoning civilization that is China. Warlords in the peripheries of the empire would have to take care to manage relations with these outsiders. With skilled diplomacy and show of arms, they may become valuable allies. Show weakness, and they will seek their pound of flesh.

Steppe Tribes
  • Xiongnu
  • Wuhuan

Korean kingdoms
  • Goguryeo
  • Baekje
  • Silla

East Sea
  • Wa
  • Liuqiu (Taiwanese) Aboriginals

Southern Barbarians
  • Nanman (Yunnan peoples)
  • Nanyue (Vietnamese)

Western Regions
  • Qiang (Tibeto-Burman peoples)
  • Yuezhi (Tocharians)

OP Commandments (Rules)

• Thou shall heed the word of the OP (Me). Thou who hast been chosen as Co-OP (Agritum) shall be heeded too, unless overruled by OP.
  • Thou shall not post one liners, unless circumstances apply (e.g. response to a query). If thou hast an unsatisfactory post, the OP will command for a better one. Test his patience and Akuma-Homu will retgone ye to cursed oblivion.
  • Thou shall keep OOC speech in the OOC thread.
  • Thou shall not exceed the limit of three characters in the RP, lest OP decides otherwise. Only the OP is exempt from this rule out of virtue of a need for NPCs.
  • Thou shall keep characters reasonably powered. Overpowered characters are no match for Madokami's retgone powers.
  • Thou shall keep the IC thread PG-13, lest they incur the wrath of the タコ.
  • Thou shall face judgement from the White Devil and be befriended (banned) should he break the above commandments three times without heeding the OP's warnings.
  • Thou shall not control NPCs unless given specific approval from the OP.
  • If thou hast queries over anything relevant or irrelevant to the RP, thou may ask the OP on advice. Taking the law into ye hands is to incur the OP's anger.
  • Thou shall have fun, lest the participants dies of boredom.

Application

Playing as a hero of the novels, while some deviation of the characters are allowed (up to and including their biological sex), players are expected to follow the core personality of the characters they have chosen. While the real life counterparts of such figures as Liu Bei and Guan Yu have been exaggerated or outright changed on the most part (Shu's characters, especially, given their role as protagonists), players are still expected to follow these characterizations. Where characters who do not appear in the novel, but exist in real life records, the personalities (if any) as recorded in these documents will be followed. If any players want to follow the real life personalities of any person, please clarify with the OP and Co-OPs first before making the application.

Original characters (not to be mistaken with fictional characters from the novel) are strictly forbidden. If players wish to play one, please clarify with the OP and Co-OPs as well.

List of restrictions (ask OP and Co-OPs for permission):
  • Leaders (e.g. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Sun Jian, Sun Ce, Sun Quan, etc.)
  • Lü Bu
  • Usage of real life personalities for novel characters (i.e. Records of the Three Kingdoms)
  • Lü Bu
  • Usage of foreign characters (e.g. Himiko, Meng Huo)
  • Lü Bu
  • Lü Bu
  • Lü Bu

Useful Links

Code: Select all
[b][u]Character Information (Compulsory)[/u][/b]
[b]Name (as known in the novel):[/b]
[b]Real Name (if any):[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Affiliation (put 'neutral' if undecided):[/b]
[b]Weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Appearance (picture link is preferred):[/b]

[b][u]Physical Description (Optional)[/u][/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b][u]History (Compulsory)[/u][/b]
[b]Bios:[/b]

[b]Additional Information (Optional):[/b]

[b][u]OOC Information (Compulsory for non-invitees)[/u][/b]
[b]RP Example:[/b]
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:17 am

人物表

Shu Han (蜀漢)

Cao Wei (曹魏)

Eastern Wu/Sun Wu (東吳/孫吳)
  • Sun Quan - reserved

Dong Zhuo (董卓)

Yellow Turbans (黃巾)
Last edited by Wolfenium on Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:04 am, edited 11 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:17 am

Reserved for additional info

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:20 am

Tag for interests. I'm reserving Guan Yu and Zhang Fei~. :P

Zaporizhian Host
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaporizhian Host » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:53 am

Hmm... looking at the map, the starting point for this rp would not be a specific point in the ROTK timeline, correct? Considering the simultaneous existence of Chang'an under Dong Zhuo's control, a large clique covering the central plains under Cao Cao and a province under the control of Lü Bu?

I think my real question is: could I app for an officer that joined Liu Bei later, such as Zhuge Liang?

Additionally, considering the chosen time period (interwar) and your attached article on Chinese melee weapons, should we assume that the characters we play will still be so powerful individually that they partake in close-combat on the battlefield against the average soldier and so on?
Hello, it's Zap! If you read this it's most likely on a P2TM roleplay thread. I'm not a native English speaker (or writer for that matter), so if you notice mistakes I am happy to receive feedback. I know I'm prone to dangling modifiers, capitalization mistakes, use of commas, and other errors. If I were to use a semicolon, there's a 97% chance I just put it there because they look fancy; I have no idea how they work. If it's spelling it just means Grammarly wasn't cooperating. Thanks.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:08 am

Zaporizhian Host wrote:Hmm... looking at the map, the starting point for this rp would not be a specific point in the ROTK timeline, correct? Considering the simultaneous existence of Chang'an under Dong Zhuo's control, a large clique covering the central plains under Cao Cao and a province under the control of Lü Bu?

It'll start from the Yellow Turban Rebellion, but I intend to move through to Dong Zhuo's coup and the actual fragmentation. The map is just to indicate the major warlords that will show up later.

Zaporizhian Host wrote:I think my real question is: could I app for an officer that joined Liu Bei later, such as Zhuge Liang?

Of course. I'll try to figure out how to fit you in, but you could probably join on the get-go if you want. :3

Zaporizhian Host wrote:Additionally, considering the chosen time period (interwar) and your attached article on Chinese melee weapons, should we assume that the characters we play will still be so powerful individually that they partake in close-combat on the battlefield against the average soldier and so on?

Yes, though again, try not to overdo it. In the end, I'll still decide on how much damage you cause to the enemy. That's also why I put Lü Bu on the restriction list. That guy is an army in itself. :3
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:53 am

Dibs on Zhao Yun.

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 am

No way for OC characters? I've got an idea to actually become a foreign warlord sponsored by the western powers that be.
Last edited by Deutschess Kaiserreich on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:58 am

This is quite a clever idea, and I'll keep a close eye on it. But unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the source material to contribute usefully.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:11 am

This is glorious and has my seal of approval. I'll wait and see before applying though.
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:19 am

See I want to join up in the Yellow Turbans but outside the Zhang brothers and some minor mentions of officers that I play in the Total War DLC, I don't know the prominent officers of the Rebels that well to play as them.

I'll keep looking at this RP with some interest.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Zaporizhian Host
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaporizhian Host » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:31 am

Ralnis wrote:See I want to join up in the Yellow Turbans but outside the Zhang brothers and some minor mentions of officers that I play in the Total War DLC, I don't know the prominent officers of the Rebels that well to play as them.

I was browsing the wikipedia page for the Yellow Turban Rebellion and found the "In Romance of the Three Kingdoms" section to be handy. While the fictional officers in the rebellion don't have fleshed-out personalities or anything, some have wikipedia pages on their own or sections that can give you some information on what they did in the novel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion#In_Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms
Hello, it's Zap! If you read this it's most likely on a P2TM roleplay thread. I'm not a native English speaker (or writer for that matter), so if you notice mistakes I am happy to receive feedback. I know I'm prone to dangling modifiers, capitalization mistakes, use of commas, and other errors. If I were to use a semicolon, there's a 97% chance I just put it there because they look fancy; I have no idea how they work. If it's spelling it just means Grammarly wasn't cooperating. Thanks.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Zaporizhian Host wrote:
Ralnis wrote:See I want to join up in the Yellow Turbans but outside the Zhang brothers and some minor mentions of officers that I play in the Total War DLC, I don't know the prominent officers of the Rebels that well to play as them.

I was browsing the wikipedia page for the Yellow Turban Rebellion and found the "In Romance of the Three Kingdoms" section to be handy. While the fictional officers in the rebellion don't have fleshed-out personalities or anything, some have wikipedia pages on their own or sections that can give you some information on what they did in the novel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_Turban_Rebellion#In_Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms

http://kongming.net/encyclopedia/direct ... ow-Scarves

This site is very useful too. Anyway Zhang Jue's brothers should be interesting. They're the actual military commanders of the rebellion, while their prophet sibling mostly inspires the movement.
Last edited by Agritum on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:No way for OC characters? I've got an idea to actually become a foreign warlord sponsored by the western powers that be.

No. In fact, you just stated one of the reasons why I banned OCs. I want no foreign powers meddling in this power struggle. Besides which, it's Western power, in singular form. You know the one. :3

Reverend Norv wrote:This is quite a clever idea, and I'll keep a close eye on it. But unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the source material to contribute usefully.

Thanks! Don't be too worried about sticking to their personalities to a T. I mainly got my knowledge from Dynasty Warriors, admittedly. They do have an encyclopedia detailing the real-life people they're based on though.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:43 pm

I want to join this. Badly. But unfortunately, I didn’t read the novel in question.
Fuckit, I’ll just read along whilst listening to this piece of art.
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:47 pm

Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:I want to join this. Badly. But unfortunately, I didn’t read the novel in question.

Like I said, no need to pressure yourself into sticking to the novel personalities so stringently. Something approximate will do. Just read up the wiki or play any of the games based on the novel. :3

EDIT: I want to say anime, but there are some... widely derivative works out there... Chinese and HK TV shows are fine though.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:54 pm

Wolfenium wrote:
Polish Prussian Commonwealth wrote:I want to join this. Badly. But unfortunately, I didn’t read the novel in question.

Like I said, no need to pressure yourself into sticking to the novel personalities so stringently. Something approximate will do. Just read up the wiki or play any of the games based on the novel. :3

I really want to play as a general of Cao Wei but I can't find any major characters of that faction other than Cao Cao and I don't want to rule an entire nation.
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:20 pm

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

I really want to play as a general of Cao Wei but I can't find any major characters of that faction other than Cao Cao and I don't want to rule an entire nation.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Is this the first time you've ever come across Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Because I am very concerned right now. You shouldn't be in this RP if you've never watched any of the dramas or anime, or played any games based on the novel. I'm not even asking you to read the novel. I just need a bare minimum of familiarity, because that's going to be important in the RP. :v

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:27 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:I really want to play as a general of Cao Wei but I can't find any major characters of that faction other than Cao Cao and I don't want to rule an entire nation.

Is this the first time you've ever come across Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Because I am very concerned right now. You shouldn't be in this RP if you've never watched any of the dramas or anime, or played any games based on the novel. I'm not even asking you to read the novel. I just need a bare minimum of familiarity, because that's going to be important in the RP. :v

Probably a good thing anyway. I've been accepted in another RP so I doubt I'll have time for another one. Best of luck!

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:32 am

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:
Wolfenium wrote:

Probably a good thing anyway. I've been accepted in another RP so I doubt I'll have time for another one. Best of luck!

No problem! Best of luck to you too! :3

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:49 am

Character Information (Compulsory)
Name (as known in the novel): Liu Bei (Traditional Chinese: 劉備, Simplified Chinese: 刘备)
Real Name (if any): Liu Taoxiang (Traditional Chinese: 劉桃香, Simplified Chinese: 刘桃香)
Sex: Female
Affiliation (put 'neutral' if undecided): Shu
Weapon(s):
  • Shuang Gu Jian (雙股劍) - a pair of double-edge swords
  • Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless Pistol
Appearance (picture link is preferred): Waifu. :3

Physical Description (Optional)
Height: 160 cm
Weight: "Do I have to?"
Dislikes: Injustice, ruthlessness, being powerless
Personality: Humble, morally upright, considerate, slightly lacking in confidence

History (Compulsory)
Bios: The daughter of a village widow in Hebei (historic Zhou), Liu Bei's life had been punctuated by hardship from the very start. Her father, a minor official, passed away early, and Liu Bei and her mother would spend their days weaving mats and selling homemade sandals to make ends meet. Despite their simple life, however, Liu Bei's family was still very well above the simple peasantry that their finances could ill afford. As a passing fortune teller gazed upon the towering mulberry tree that stood in their courtyard, he would make his fateful prophecy.

"An eminent man will come from this house."

Sent by her mother to a private academy run by the distinguished Lu Zhu, Liu Bei often disdained over her studies. Instead, she found herself taking hunting, music, and dressing, often mingling with the local pugilists than burying herself in books. Still, she became close friends with her senior, Gongsun Zan, and had shown herself to be a kind, respectful friend. Longing for travel and a desire to make a name for herself, she left the academy to rally a militia to fight for the government against the Yellow Turbans. From her growing band of wanderers and followers would be her two sworn siblings, Zhang Fei and Guan Yu. But little did she expect that her journey from cobbler to warlord had just begun.

Additional Information (Optional):

OOC Information (Compulsory for non-invitees)
RP Example: No. :3
Last edited by Wolfenium on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Nazi Jinland Empire
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazi Jinland Empire » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:19 am

Name: Cao Cao (曹操)
Sex: Male
Affiliation: Cao Wei
Weapon(s):
Jian Double Edged Sword (劍)
9x19mm Parabellum Mauser C96
Appearance (picture link is preferred): Cao Cao

Height:
Weight:
Personality:

History (Compulsory)
Bios: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_Cao

Additional Information (Optional):

RP Example:
Last edited by Nazi Jinland Empire on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:23 am

Wolfenium wrote:WIP

Appearance (picture link is preferred): Waifu. :3

I keep getting suprised by you, internet.

Nazi Jinland Empire
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazi Jinland Empire » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 am

i become checking of liu bei photo that is NOT liu bei huge insult

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:06 am

Name (as known in the novel): 張寶 - 张宝 / Zhang Bao
Real Name (if any): Zhang Bao
Sex: Male
Affiliation (put 'neutral' if undecided): Yellow Turbans
Weapon(s): Liuyedao and MP 18.
Appearance (picture link is preferred): Image

Height: 172 cm
Weight: 60 kg
Dislikes: Aristocrats, merchants, oppression of the commoners.
Personality: Calm, composed, but not outright selfish in his actions. He is more of a selfless person, though not hindered by his drive to make lives better for the people, ethical or not.

History (Compulsory)
Bios:

Zhang Bao was the middle out of his siblings, which included Zhang Liang, the youngest brother, and Zhang Jiao, the eldest. The three of them were born into poverty, as both of their parents were commoners. All three of them were born in Ningjin County, in Hebei. While Zhang Liang proved to be a confident, if reckless and violent-style man, and Zhang Jiao grew into a remarkable man with such intelligence, Zhang Bao is more or less the balanced one, calmly balancing his emotions as well possessed certain knowledges, though not to the deep level of knowledges like his brother Zhang Jiao. The three of them worked by selling medicines to help people, as their parents died when they were in teenagers-age.

When Zhang Jiao returned from the mountain with the book of knowledge about certain arts, he learned it relentlessly, soon collecting followers who were taught of the same way. The two brothers eventually learned the book, or attempted to, since Zhang Liang abandoned it in the early parts, while Zhang Bao was patient enough to learned till the middle parts. Thus, the three of them have varying degrees of certain arts, which in the later days would be referred to as "chemical warfare."

The followers grew larger, and soon Jiao named the movement as Yellow Turbans, with the unique yellow-colored turbans as a unique mark of the movement. Yellow Turbans is a movement determined to abolishes the Han Dynasty and established the people-based nation, where commoners are the leaders of the nation, and not the aristocrats nor the merchants. Bao was appointed as General of the Earth, in the process.

Additional Information (Optional): Magic in ROTK, in here would be labeled/referred as "chemical warfare"

RP Example: Oui
Last edited by The Knockout Gun Gals on Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse