NATION

PASSWORD

✧ Star State ✧ [FT][OOC][In-Hiatus]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 pm

I've offered on the discord, but for those who aren't on there, if anybody else want a banner like the one I made for Electra with your character on it, just ask me (here, tg, discord, whatever), and I can hit you up with one. I'll just use whatever photo you uploaded in your character app unless you provide me with another one you'd like.

So far, everyone I've made them for is part of the CSIO team, so I've left the background the same for everyone. But if any of our growing contingent of space pirates wants one too, give me a photo of what your spaceship would look like so I can have that reflected (otherwise I can just pick one for you based on your app.)
rəswɛsən

Arktic
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arktic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:15 pm

Stuff I think I should add to Lucky-9:

-Stereo system and music streaming/download service;
-Phone charger,
-Laser pointer for all your light amplification by simulated emission of radiation needs (including blinding pilots and playing with cats),
-HAM radio,
-Waze capability,
-Random horoscope generator,
-Mrs. Pac-Man.

What do you all think?

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:47 pm

You're leaving out important features like a wireless hotspot, massage chair, and cross-platform gaming ports. :P
rəswɛsən

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:43 pm

OOC: It's pretty late here so I'm not sure this application is my best, but I think I have a pretty good personality fleshed out for this character in my head. The idea is that we'll be able to create a secondary storyline with Orostan's pirate characters, as this new character attempts to hunt them down, eventually (presumably) running into the other characters as well.

Essential Details

Full Name: Ellis van Oranje

Place of Origin: Luna

Appearance: Of average height and build, the most noticeable thing about Ellis is the way his carries himself--his military training has given him a stiff jaw, keen eyes, and a straight back. He also looks tough--large, rough hands, weathered skin--it's clear that he's been through training and some missions to boot. Clear blue eyes, lightish brown hair, and strong features.

Height/Weight: 178 cm (5'10") 78 kgs (172 lbs)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capabilities

Occupation: Confederation Navy, Lieutenant Captain: Battlefleet 3 Counter-Piracy Operations

Skills: Advanced pilot with years of training in the Confederation navy, able to use pretty much any air or spacecraft. Combat training also played a large role in Ellis' education at the Naval academy, and he is prepared for hand-to-hand fighting as well as armed combat--he is trained in marksmanship. Communications play a role in the Confederation's navy, since the vast distances of space represent what is in fact the greatest challenge for anyone who ventures out into this new wilderness. Conflict with others is the least of your worries when away from civilization. Whether you're trying to survive the environment or your assailants, good communication is key to staying alive, especially when you have superiors to report to and men to command. So Ellis' ability to work within the chain of command is also very important. He is an individual with lots of grit and determination.

Abilities: Ellis has no modifications or transhuman abilities: as a Naval officer, he expects to have the full capabilities of his ship at hand in any situation.

Weaknesses: Thanks to his military training, Ellis has a strictness which makes him a bit less charismatic and makes it a bit harder for him to connect with his men. Although he has great tactical smarts, it also means that sometimes he lacks innovation on the battlefield.

Character

Personality: Frank and forward, relatively blunt, but not on a deeper level--he keeps his emotions close to his chest and really bottles up his feelings. Typically he just represses his emotions as his way of dealing with trauma. His character, however, is not emotionally stunted per se; he has just found a form of stability. Not terribly pessimistic or optimistic, but describes himself as a realist and has a rather grim outlook.

Background: Ellis van Oranje grew up on Luna, brother of Eloise van Oranje. Faced with the poverty there, his response was to fight his way out of it by making his entire goal in life, early on, to join the Naval Academy there. His career in the navy was relatively unnoteable and moved fairly slowly. Eventually, as lieutenant captain, he was put in charge of his own small corvette and assigned to Counter-Piracy Operations in inter-system deep space. The command has been relatively uneventful so far.

Character Alignment: True Neutral

Motivation: Ellis has been looking for security his whole life--whether that's financial security for his family growing up among the Lunar slums, or safety from the gang and sectarian violence of his childhood neighborhoods. These formational experiences mean that he has a subconscious drive to wipe out what he sees as resistance or threats to peace, and so his dedication to his anti-piracy mission goes above and beyond.

rəswɛsən

Sarderistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:13 am

Im gonna app for this one too

Deal with it vanq

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

United Auroran Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Auroran Empire » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:43 am

Essential Details

Full Name: Mechi "Fly Boy" Aj

Place of Origin: The Omega Sphere

Appearance:
A tall scrawny build of a man, he is string bean. A loose fitting overcoat hangs off him, numerous belts and pouches hung across his chest and waist. Belts and pockets dot his clothes. There is a power pack that has tubes going into his body. He claims its for health reason. He's not entirely wrong. He is an old, old, old model android. The pack is his power, which he needs to be on at all times, else he will die. He is so skinny as his model was a fluid-muscle based, and he has lost almost all that fluid, leaving him an unbuff and gaunt man. He has very good and well kept blond hair though. He's quite proud of it, keeping it well kept since his expulsion from his master. He wears a flight suit underneath his pouches and overcoat. Over his eyes he has an anchient relic, a pair of RayBans.

Height/Weight: 6'0 130 lbs

Capabilities

Skills: Starship piloting skills of any kind, Handgun skills, Memory retention.

Abilities: Machine Learning and Aimbot

Weaknesses:His power-pack which keeps him alive and his reliance on increasingly harder to find android parts. Also, the ever-present fear someone might find out who he really is.

Character

Personality:
Laid back, take it easy kind of guy. He never takes anything too seriously until his own personal life is on the line. He tries to not get attached to any one person or thing as he knows it would soon be taken from him. Once needed to be serious his personality drops entirely in what people call 'going cold'. What happens is his defense protocols take over and personality is not needed in defense. Otherwise, he is a wisecracking, clever, and laid back starship-pilot.

Background:
Built as one the first commercial androids, he was sold into ownership of someone who fell in love with this android. They were together for years until 2793, where a robot of his model killed its owner. Mechi Aj was set free into the wild, as his owner was too in love to kill him but too afraid to keep him around. And so he went from place to place, city to city, planet to planet. He picked up numerous jobs and professions, but none never called out to him like flying. It allowed him to go anywhere, searching for somewhere where he was allowed to live as he was. Flying away from his issues and those who hate him. He is looking for his place in the uniform. But there are so many who wish for him to be dead.

Character Alignment: True Neutral

Motivation:finding his own place in the galaxy. where he can be who he is.

OOC

RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=465897

Post Frequency: very often.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse