NATION

PASSWORD

❅Fallout Detroit | A Heart of Rust | OOC | Open❅

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Veltora
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Veltora » Tue May 28, 2019 7:12 pm

Name: Jack "The Burned Man" Wayne

Appearance: Jack is a very tall musclar man who has light, almost crystal blue eyes, which contrast his heavily burned and scarred skin. He is often seen wearing bandages covering his whole body except his eyes, which has given him many names throughout the years such as the Mummy, and the Burned Man.

Associations:
F.R.O.S.T: These "soldier boys" need to watch themselves. They role up in here acting like they own the place, having shootouts with them commies, cant wait till Cain gives me and my team the Go to eliminate them. Just you wait.

PLFA: Nothin but a bunch of commies with cowardly tactics. They hide because they can't fight like real warriors. And that whole ambush thing is really getting annoying.

Cain: Home, the place were we are free, free from lifes rules, a place I can relax and have a few beers before I feel like killing something again.

Undying: Those ghouls give me the creeps. Even if I don't buy that whole "undying" thing, it still takes alot of effort to kill them, especially the talking ones.

40 Points to assign (Take Note that 0 = Extreme Weakness in Category, 1-2 = Below Average, 3-5 = Average, 6-7 = Above Average, 8-9 = Outstanding in Category, 10+ = Benchmark in Category)

Strength: 9
Perception: 7
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 3
Luck: 4

Skills:
- intimidation/speech
- small guns
- melee weapons
- survival

Weaknesses:
- repair
- energy weapons
- a very scarred and burned body puts a physical and mental toll on someone
- deteriorating mental state

Weapons:
2× .45 auto pistols (1 gold, 1 silver)
Switchblade (gold blade, pearl hilt)
Riot shotgun

Other Items: (Clothing, Food, Gear, Gadgets, Bottlecaps and other personal or valuable resources on person)
- full body bandages and rags
- black torn jeans
- Black steel toe boots
- white t-shirt
- black body armour
- dual brown leather shoulder holster

Satchel:
- 2× stimpak
- 6× .45 ammo mags (12 rounds per mag)
- 1 extra shotgun drum mag (42 rounds)
- 70 bottle caps

Bio:
Jack was born in downtown Detroit in 2067 to Canadian convicts in hiding. His father quickly became abusive as his drug and alcohol addictions grew, and a neglectful mother who left when he was 7, it was his responsibility to care for his two younger sisters. From a young age he learned how to cook, clean, and survive. He wasn't interested in performing well in school, as he had no time for homework, and couldn't afford to add the unnecessary stress that school brought. However, he wasn't an idiot, and was rather cunning, managing to convince classmates and even teachers to cheat on tests, managing to pass highschool with a B- average. The few times he was at school, he spent it mostly making contacts for his growing drug enterprise. He was primarily involved in Buffout, Psycho and Mentats, while priding himself in never using any of them.

As Jack grew taller and stronger, his fathers physical abuse lessened, but his verbal and emotional abuse grew. The taunts ranged from calling Jack a failure, unmanly, and an idiot, to telling him he was the reason his mother left him, and why she never returned. Those last two alway stuck to Jack, and one day, the abuse reached a boiling point... he snapped. While his sister's were supposed to be at saturday school for extra tutoring, he murdered his father with his personalized switchblade, tapping into his burning rage he kept hidden from even himself, revealing a side he didn't know he had. And he loved it. In his ensuing rage, he purposely ignited his drug station, which ignited a large fire in the house. He felt like he was in a inferno paradise, free from rules, free from life. His sister's had in fact skipped school, and were playing in the shelter/basement. Jack heard their screams and was quickly brought back to reality. He frantically rushed to the basement, but as he was moving towards them, the roof collapsed, pinning him beneath scorching wood, as he passed out from the pain. The bombs fell only seconds after Jack lay unconscious, heavily scarred, heavily burned, changed forever.

In the blast, one of the large water tanks collapsed, pouring gallons of water across the floor, which besides dousing the flames, nearly drowned him. For 7 years he survived off of a small supply of rations and brief scavenging runs to the surface, exposing him to large amounts of radiation, which didnt ghoulify him, but did severly deteriorate his mind. Over time, he slowly succumbed to insanity, he became sadistic, brutal and psychopathic with a frighteningly violent personality.

In the beginning years of the Kingdom of Cain, Cain was overseeing a scavenging expedition. They came across what was left of a small house that seemed to still be lived in. As they made their way through the house, two raiders were killed by traps, and another was stabbed by a hidden attacker. Cain drew his pistol and shot the attacker, who dropped to the ground, breathing heavily. Cain noticed heavy body armour, and seemed intrigued by this clever man covered by rags. They took him captive, and treated him back to relative stability, allowing him to live within their base, and lead small teams to collect taxes from nearby settlements, and to this day Jack remains as Cains most trusted enforcer.

Questions: N/A

I know I'm not the best writer, and this is the first major RP I've done, but I will put alot of effort and time into each post as I try to become a better writer. Also, if any of this needs change just tell me.

[****Keep For Tracking****]
Last edited by Veltora on Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue May 28, 2019 8:18 pm

Neato! A Cain dude.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Wed May 29, 2019 5:58 am

Hissss the only true way to be free is through American restoration!!!!

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Am I right to assume the crime havens of Detroit are the same, like all of it West Detroit?
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed May 29, 2019 1:01 pm

So is the ceasefire just a ceasefire, or are borders open as well? Because if the PLAF dude from Posdas is going to cut through the metro system, I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be an outpost in the underground tunnels that lead directly to FROST territory.

Zaporizhian Host
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaporizhian Host » Wed May 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Vacif wrote:So is the ceasefire just a ceasefire, or are borders open as well? Because if the PLAF dude from Posdas is going to cut through the metro system, I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be an outpost in the underground tunnels that lead directly to FROST territory.

I second this... additionally what do the borders between the West Side Industrial Area and the FROST militarized zone look like?
Hello, it's Zap! If you read this it's most likely on a P2TM roleplay thread. I'm not a native English speaker (or writer for that matter), so if you notice mistakes I am happy to receive feedback. I know I'm prone to dangling modifiers, capitalization mistakes, use of commas, and other errors. If I were to use a semicolon, there's a 97% chance I just put it there because they look fancy; I have no idea how they work. If it's spelling it just means Grammarly wasn't cooperating. Thanks.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013

Announcement and Q&A

Postby Alouite » Wed May 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Announcement

Status Update for Faction Info, Maps and Further Lore Development

Status Update on Faction Information:
Estimated Latest Completion time: Saturday at Midnight

◈ New Sub-Factions for the Kingdom of Cain will be added to the OP.
◈ Faction descriptions will (again) be expanded to provide more nuance and information.
◈All Canon Characters will be added to the Further Information Post, now sorted by faction.

Status Update on the Map:
Estimated Latest Completion time: Sunday at Midnight

◈ More detailed locations (i.e. buildings, outposts, checkpoints, supply depots, vaults, etc.) will be added to the map!
◈ Existing map location descriptions will be updated to provide further information about each site including new lore.
◈ All Canon Player Characters will be added to the map
◈ A map of important NPCs will be added to the map

Q&A

Vacif wrote:So is the ceasefire just a ceasefire, or are borders open as well? Because if the PLAF dude from Posdas is going to cut through the metro system, I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be an outpost in the underground tunnels that lead directly to FROST territory.

Zaporizhian Host wrote:I second this... additionally what do the borders between the West Side Industrial Area and the FROST militarized zone look like?

Very good questions. As I briefly mentioned in the IC post regarding Charlie Caro, FROST does have patrols and outposts in tunnels that link together its settlements. It would be safe to say that at a bare minimum, patrols from each of the major factions exist on patrol in areas under their control (ofc only if they have access to a station within areas under their direct control). I would compare the outposts to those present in Fallout 4 where raiders build walled off areas and so forth. With Caro's journey he encountered a patrol while near Springwell, however was able to slip past an encounter near Fort Wayne as that settlement doesn't have nearby access to the trains.

As for the specific border between West Side Industrial Area and the FROST militarized zone there is a more nuanced situation. The FROST Militarized Zone mostly consists of patrols, relay stations, sniper outposts and a few facilities (that I will eventually further develop lore wise) which they occupy. The C and M lines which run between the two would no doubt be somewhat like the Korean Demilitarized Zone with access heavily restricted and PLFA and FROST guards at either side.

Other:

Another IC post is coming soon. We will be picking up the pace with passing time soon enough.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed May 29, 2019 2:24 pm

I'll edit my post, in that case.

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Wed May 29, 2019 2:28 pm

Granluras wrote:Am I right to assume the crime havens of Detroit are the same, like all of it West Detroit?

Well, a lot of West Detroit in this RP is either Nuked or under the control of slavers and raiders, so yes. You would be generally correct in your assumption.
National Liberalism, National School Economics, National Dividend, Constitutional Originalism, Protection of US Domestic Trade, The Chinese Gov't in Exile in Taipei, and Ending the War on Nouns
Hyman Minsky
Totalitarianism, the Destruction of the Environment, Racism, and, most of all, people who end statements in questions?
The Patriot Act, The Illegitimate Communist Authorities in China, Economic Libertarianism, Absolutism and Communism

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Wed May 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Veltora wrote:Name: Jack "The Burned Man" Wayne

Appearance: Jack is a very tall musclar man who has light, almost crystal blue eyes, which contrast his heavily burned and scarred skin. He is often seen wearing bandages covering his whole body except his eyes, which has given him many names throughout the years such as the Mummy, and the Burned Man. He also has a sophisticated English accent, which have prompted people to give him the Jack the Ripper name aswell.

Associations:
F.R.O.S.T: These "soldier boys" need to watch themselves. They role up in here acting like they own the place, having shootouts with them commies, cant wait till Cain gives me and my team the Go to eliminate them. Just you wait.

PLFA: Nothin but a bunch of commies with cowardly tactics. They hide because they can't fight like real warriors. And that whole ambush thing is really getting annoying.

Cain: Home, the place were we are free, free from lifes rules, a place I can relax and have a few beers before I feel like killing something again.

Undying: Those ghouls give me the creeps. Even if I don't buy that whole "undying" thing, it still takes alot of effort to kill them, especially the talking ones.

40 Points to assign (Take Note that 0 = Extreme Weakness in Category, 1-2 = Below Average, 3-5 = Average, 6-7 = Above Average, 8-9 = Outstanding in Category, 10+ = Benchmark in Category)

Skills:
- intimidation/speech
- small guns
- melee weapons
- survival

Weaknesses:
- repair
- energy weapons

Weapons:
Riot shotgun

Other Items: (Clothing, Food, Gear, Gadgets, Bottlecaps and other personal or valuable resources on person)
- black torn jeans
- Black steel toe boots
- white t-shirt
- black body armour

Satchel:
- 2× stimpak
- 70 bottle caps

Bio:
Jack was born in downtown Detroit in 2067. Born to an abusive father, and a neglectful mother who left when he was 7, it was his responsibility to care for his two younger sisters. From a young age he learned how to cook, clean, and survive. He wasn't interested in performing well in school, as he had no time for homework, and couldn't afford to add the unnecessary stress that school brought. However, he wasn't an idiot, and was rather cunning, managing to convince classmates and even teachers to cheat on tests, managing to pass highschool with a B- average. The few times he was at school, he spent it mostly making contacts for his growing drug enterprise. He was primarily involved in Buffout, Psycho and Mentats, and prided himself in never using any of them.

As Jack grew taller and stronger, his fathers physical abuse lessened, but his verbal and emotional abuse grew. The taunts ranged from calling Jack a failure, unmanly, and an idiot, to telling him he was the reason his mother left him, and why she never returned. Those last two alway stuck to Jack, and one day the abuse reached a boiling point, and he snapped. While his sister's were supposed to be at saturday school for extra tutoring, he murdered his father with his personalized switchblade with no remorse, tapping into his burning rage. In his ensuing rage, he purposely ignited his drug station, which ignited a large fire in the house. His sister's had in fact skipped school and were playing in the shelter/basement. Jack heard their screams and desperately tried to save them, but only got trapped in the burning basement with his dead sisters. The bombs fell only seconds after Jack lay unconscious, heavily scarred, heavily burned, changed forever.

For 7 years he survived off of a small supply of rations and a small water tank, slowly going more and more psychotic, until the day Cain found him. No one knows what Cain saw in him, but he spared no expense treating Jack back to relative stability again, and to this day Jack remains as Cains most trusted enforcer.

I know I'm not the best writer, and this is the first major RP I've done, but I will put alot of effort and time into each post as I try to become a better writer. Also, if any of this needs change just tell me.

I am happy to accept the concept behind this application, however there is a single (albeit trivial) thing standing in the way of its acceptance. That is - how would he have a strong English accent if he grew up in Detroit? Also, and this isn't a barrier to acceptance but more so a point of clarification, how was it that Jack survived his severe burns? How did he survive for 7 years and what was that like? A bit more character development would be nice. Beyond that, I will conditionally accept your application. Once the changes are made I will fully accept it as canon.
Hyman Minsky

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 pm

I have added everyone's character to the map. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed May 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Why is the map so hard to access?
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed May 29, 2019 8:16 pm

Granluras wrote:Why is the map so hard to access?

What's wrong?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed May 29, 2019 8:21 pm

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:
Granluras wrote:Why is the map so hard to access?

What's wrong?

It opens up google drive whenever I click on it, and then asks for google maps.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Wed May 29, 2019 8:36 pm

Granluras wrote:
Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:
What's wrong?

It opens up google drive whenever I click on it, and then asks for google maps.

Oh, I see. I think Alouite has to give you permission to access it.
Last edited by Commonwealth of Hank the Cat on Wed May 29, 2019 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu May 30, 2019 4:31 am

Alright baby, let's do this!

Name: Nathaniel Baumstein
Appearance:

Associations: Purple Gang

Strength: 5
Perception: 6
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 9
Luck: 5

Skills: Skilled strategist, able to plan ahead and manipulate people subtly; highly charismatic, and sometimes able to get his way in various ways (whether it be a free drink or out of a potential shooting); high intelligence, displays a sort of natural ability at mathematics and physics outside of criminal activities, the latter of which he has excelled at due to his intelligence; decent marksman, can hit a beer can from 30 feet;
Weaknesses: He has frailty in his left femur, which means he’s not that agile of a person and delegates the duty of chasing down enemies to his henchmen; he is deathly afraid of being betrayed, and is reluctant to pursue expansion or turf wars to prevent discontent elements forming and rising up within the Gang; traditionalist, pre-War gangster, he follows the principles and tactics of the Old Purple Gang, instead of adapting to the modern era;
Weapons: Slightly modified .44 magnum (inch longer barrel; more rifling; modified cylinder, holds eight bullets instead of six); cat o’ nine tails (used to symbolically punish insubordinate gangsters and captured enemies); Bowie knife (sometimes heats it to worsen pain); standard .45 Auto submachine gun
Other Items:
  • Clothing: Burgundy tailcoat, worn over a checkered shirt. Has a patterned tie. Grey pants with a black leather buckle that has sharp prickles on the outer side (for you know...flagellation), and a golden Star of David buckle. Wears Oxford-style brogues and grey wool socks.
  • Food: Usually carries a packet of gum in his breast pocket, and packet or four of saltines. Carries a flask filled with bourbon in his right pocket.
  • Gear/gadgets: Wears a bulletproof vest, that extends down to his abdomen, when in public; standard medical supplies; has a handheld transceiver for long-distance communication with others in the Gang
  • Bottlecaps/money: Usually carries five hundred bottlecaps and $300 when in public, he sits on top of much more than that tho ;)

Bio:
Nathaniel Jeremiah Baumstein was born into no family nor place all that special in the year of 2047. His father was a automotive factory worker, producing both civilian automotive parts and sometimes automotive parts for military contractors. His mother played the role of housewife, tending to the rancher that Nathaniel grew up in while his father worked long, 7-to-5 shifts. Nathaniel always new inequality, hardship, and unfairness, especially when he was a teen and passed over for many a job in favor of the family of an interviewers’ cronies, or due to his ethnicity. As a result, Nathaniel sought out vigilante redemption early on, and started as a child burglar, stealing from and ransacking his interviewers and their colleagues. Nathaniel was caught and arrested by the police many times in his youth, and saw cumulative weeks of jail time by the time he was 18. While in prison, he met Simon Delshad, a Captain of the Purple Gang, who sympathized with Nathaniel’s low-class background and took him under his wing.

From ages 15 to 18, Simon molded Nathaniel into a model gangster, teaching Nathaniel the Jewish Mafia’s codes, traditions, methods, and more. Nathaniel was receptive to his “training”, and accepted the Purple Gang as his future path. In 2068, soon after Simon turned 21, Nathaniel succumbed to pancreatic cancer and died, age 52. Soon after, a power vacuum formed over the turf he controlled (which was most of Upper East Side, and the third-largest part of the Gang), and much of the high-ranking henchmen of Simon’s outfit began to fight among each other for control over it. Due to him being Simon’s “acolyte” some of Simon’s actual allies persuaded Nathaniel to vie for control himself, but Nathaniel was discouraged due to his youth and lack of connections. Aaron Klenstein, a true ally of Simon and Nathaniel, offered to be Simon’s brawn, and use his own outfit (a small but agile crew of fifty gangsters) to fight. Nathaniel accepted Aaron’s proposal, and the two began working to stake their claim to the Upper East Side throne.

From 2068 to April 2069, a gang war in Upper East Side lasted that gained widespread attention from law enforcement and the local government. The Detroit City Council, at risk of losing military investment due to the interference caused by the war, was forced to take action and risk the on-the-side, illegal revenue they received from Downtown Detroit gangsters. The Detroit PD raided several Purple Gang compounds, and weakened certain factions to the point that only Nathaniel’s faction, and another gangster named Maurice Starr’s, remained. The two clashed frequently for the next few months, until the Head Boss of the Gang, Elijah Broch, stepped in - exasperated by all the fighting - and assassinated several figures of Maurice’s outfit (including Maurice) plus several of Simon’s henchmen, and he almost killed Nathaniel and Aaron in a car bombing. Elijah prepared to try to kill them again, but was dissuaded by the rest of the Gang’s bosses, and was instead persuaded to simply recognize Aaron and Simon as the bosses of the Upper East Side outfit, and end the fighting once and for all. Aaron and Simon, following their recognition, took to repairing Upper East Side - establishing themselves as the friendly-until-provoked gangsters - and consolidating power.

Years later, in the mid-2070s, the world had destabilized much further. While the Resource Wars has been occurring for much of Nathaniel’s life, it has gotten magnitudes worse in recent years, and almost every part of America’s - including Detroit’s - way of life was disturbed. While Aaron was hopefully civilization would pull through and find a way to embrace alternative resources at the last minute, Nathaniel was pessimistic and believed the red herring had been reached, long ago. Nathaniel met with Vault-Tec representatives in 2072, and commissioned the constructing of an urban Vault in Upper East Side that could store civilian friends of Nathaniel’s from Upper East Side and much of the Gang’s numbers. While Vault-Tec was reluctant to associate with criminals, a sizable $250,000,000 payment and a bribing of the local government to look the other way reassured Vault-Tec, and they constructed a subterranean vault under Annsbury Street.

When the bombs fell, Nathaniel was able to get 70% of the population the vault was designed for underground before the Detroit-targeted nukes arrived. During the 11-year period he and the several hundred people in the vault remained underground for, Nathaniel focused on manipulating the weakened gang and usurping the now old(er) Elijah. In 2081, Elijah did pass (at age 74) and Nathaniel intimidated and coaxed the bosses into accepting his ascension to Head Boss. However, in order to prevent turf wars, infighting, and to achieve absolute accepting of his leadership, Nathaniel worked with the nine bosses of the Purple Gang to set up an “oligarchic” system wherein several bosses would co-rule the Gang and its territory, operations, finances, and more, preventing further, community-affecting power struggles. After this decision, life in the Vault (officially listed as Vault 16) was peaceful enough for a gang-dominated Vault, and flourished long enough that a new generation of gangsters (those born in the early-2070s) matured in it and under the direct teachings of the General Council.

In 2088, the external radiometers of Vault 16 detected habitable radiation levels across the Detroit area, and the vault staff announced the return of habitability to Detroit. The Purple Gang resurfaced soon after, but to a flattened Detroit being ravaged by the war between FROST, the PLFA, and Undying. Immediately, the Purple Gang set to work to reclaim Detroit, and constructed several crude gang-settlements in Upper East Side, and created nine “expeditionary crews” to survey and scavenge Greater Detroit. Nathaniel, meanwhile, focused on creating “community centers” to comfort the survivors in Detroit, such as casinos, brothels, and theaters, and became a well-respected figure in the Detroit community again. The resurgence of the gang gained the attention of FROST and the PLFA, who both tried to negotiate and subjugate the Gang, but its community influence proved an obstacle, and an unconditional stalemate formed between the two forces, with the interception of chemical and drug trafficking routes by either faction being the main form of combat between them. By 2092, the resurgent Purple Gang was in conflict with the Detroit Association, who they viewed as immoral, and in violation of basic gangster codes, and sought to free those humans forced to work for it and “euthanize” the ghouls enslaved by it. A gang war has brawled from French Road to McClellan Avenue since 2092 between the two.

Since returning, Nathaniel has been a street-mongering, community-oriented gangster like he was pre-War, and is frequently seen in the makeshift compounds of the Purple Gang in Ravendale and Chandler Park. He rules by both an iron fist and altruism, giving assistance to survivors who he deems needs it, and punishment to those that cross him or his allies. He has made plans to re-establish contact with the outer world, but has been discouraged from ambitious moves due to the overbearing shadows of FROST and the PLFA. He has, however, fervently pursued re-establishing absolute domination over Upper East Side, primarily conflicting with the Undying and FROST in doing so.

Questions:
  • Since there isn’t a lot of lore established on the Purple Gang in the OP, can I ask that some of the lore I established in this app be the official lore?
  • Isn’t 2099 a bit too early to return to the surface?
  • Exactly how many nukes fell on Detroit?
  • Is Baskin Robbins still operating?

Last edited by Granluras on Fri May 31, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Thu May 30, 2019 6:00 pm

Granluras wrote:Alright baby, let's do this!

Appearance:

Skills: Skilled strategist, able to plan ahead and manipulate people subtly; highly charismatic, and sometimes able to get his way in various ways (whether it be a free drink or out of a potential shooting); high intelligence, displays a sort of natural ability at mathematics and physics outside of criminal activities, the latter of which he has excelled at due to his intelligence; decent marksman, can hit a beer can from 30 feet;
Weaknesses: He has frailty in his left femur, which means he’s not that agile of a person and delegates the duty of chasing down enemies to his henchmen; he is deathly afraid of being betrayed, and is reluctant to pursue expansion or turf wars to prevent discontent elements forming and rising up within the Gang; traditionalist, pre-War gangster, he follows the principles and tactics of the Old Purple Gang, instead of adapting to the modern era;
Weapons: Slightly modified .44 magnum (inch longer barrel; more rifling; modified cylinder, holds eight bullets instead of six); cat o’ nine tails (used to symbolically punish insubordinate gangsters and captured enemies); Bowie knife (sometimes heats it to worsen pain); standard .45 Auto submachine gun
Other Items:
  • Clothing: Burgundy tailcoat, worn over a checkered shirt. Has a patterned tie. Grey pants with a black leather buckle that has sharp prickles on the outer side (for you know...flagellation), and a golden Star of David buckle. Wears Oxford-style brogues and grey wool socks.
  • Food: Usually carries a packet of gum in his breast pocket, and packet or four of saltines. Carries a flask filled with bourbon in his right pocket.
  • Gear/gadgets: Wears a bulletproof vest, that extends down to his abdomen, when in public; standard medical supplies; has a handheld transceiver for long-distance communication with others in the Gang
  • Bottlecaps/money: Usually carries five hundred bottlecaps and $300 when in public, he sits on top of much more than that tho ;)

Bio:
Nathaniel Jeremiah Baumstein was born into no family nor place all that special in the year of 2047. His father was a automotive factory worker, producing both civilian automotive parts and sometimes automotive parts for military contractors. His mother played the role of housewife, tending to the rancher that Nathaniel grew up in while his father worked long, 7-to-5 shifts. Nathaniel always new inequality, hardship, and unfairness, especially when he was a teen and passed over for many a job in favor of the family of an interviewers’ cronies, or due to his ethnicity. As a result, Nathaniel sought out vigilante redemption early on, and started as a child burglar, stealing from and ransacking his interviewers and their colleagues. Nathaniel was caught and arrested by the police many times in his youth, and saw cumulative weeks of jail time by the time he was 18. While in prison, he met Simon Delshad, a Captain of the Purple Gang, who sympathized with Nathaniel’s low-class background and took him under his wing.

From ages 15 to 18, Simon molded Nathaniel into a model gangster, teaching Nathaniel the Jewish Mafia’s codes, traditions, methods, and more. Nathaniel was receptive to his “training”, and accepted the Purple Gang as his future path. In 2068, soon after Simon turned 21, Nathaniel succumbed to pancreatic cancer and died, age 52. Soon after, a power vacuum formed over the turf he controlled (which was most of Upper East Side, and the third-largest part of the Gang), and much of the high-ranking henchmen of Simon’s outfit began to fight among each other for control over it. Due to him being Simon’s “acolyte” some of Simon’s actual allies persuaded Nathaniel to vie for control himself, but Nathaniel was discouraged due to his youth and lack of connections. Aaron Klenstein, a true ally of Simon and Nathaniel, offered to be Simon’s brawn, and use his own outfit (a small but agile crew of fifty gangsters) to fight. Nathaniel accepted Aaron’s proposal, and the two began working to stake their claim to the Upper East Side throne.

From 2068 to April 2069, a gang war in Upper East Side lasted that gained widespread attention from law enforcement and the local government. The Detroit City Council, at risk of losing military investment due to the interference caused by the war, was forced to take action and risk the on-the-side, illegal revenue they received from Downtown Detroit gangsters. The Detroit PD raided several Purple Gang compounds, and weakened certain factions to the point that only Nathaniel’s faction, and another gangster named Maurice Starr’s, remained. The two clashed frequently for the next few months, until the Head Boss of the Gang, Elijah Broch, stepped in - exasperated by all the fighting - and assassinated several figures of Maurice’s outfit (including Maurice) plus several of Simon’s henchmen, and he almost killed Nathaniel and Aaron in a car bombing. Elijah prepared to try to kill them again, but was dissuaded by the rest of the Gang’s bosses, and was instead persuaded to simply recognize Aaron and Simon as the bosses of the Upper East Side outfit, and end the fighting once and for all. Aaron and Simon, following their recognition, took to repairing Upper East Side - establishing themselves as the friendly-until-provoked gangsters - and consolidating power.

Years later, in the mid-2070s, the world had destabilized much further. While the Resource Wars has been occurring for much of Nathaniel’s life, it has gotten magnitudes worse in recent years, and almost every part of America’s - including Detroit’s - way of life was disturbed. While Aaron was hopefully civilization would pull through and find a way to embrace alternative resources at the last minute, Nathaniel was pessimistic and believed the red herring had been reached, long ago. Nathaniel met with Vault-Tec representatives in 2072, and commissioned the constructing of an urban Vault in Upper East Side that could store civilian friends of Nathaniel’s from Upper East Side and much of the Gang’s numbers. While Vault-Tec was reluctant to associate with criminals, a sizable $250,000,000 payment and a bribing of the local government to look the other way reassured Vault-Tec, and they constructed a subterranean vault under Annsbury Street.

When the bombs fell, Nathaniel was able to get 70% of the population the vault was designed for underground before the Detroit-targeted nukes arrived. During the 11-year period he and the several hundred people in the vault remained underground for, Nathaniel focused on manipulating the weakened gang and usurping the now old(er) Elijah. In 2081, Elijah did pass (at age 74) and Nathaniel intimidated and coaxed the bosses into accepting his ascension to Head Boss. However, in order to prevent turf wars, infighting, and to achieve absolute accepting of his leadership, Nathaniel worked with the nine bosses of the Purple Gang to set up an “oligarchic” system wherein several bosses would co-rule the Gang and its territory, operations, finances, and more, preventing further, community-affecting power struggles. After this decision, life in the Vault (officially listed as Vault 16) was peaceful enough for a gang-dominated Vault, and flourished long enough that a new generation of gangsters (those born in the early-2070s) matured in it and under the direct teachings of the General Council.

In 2088, the external radiometers of Vault 16 detected habitable radiation levels across the Detroit area, and the vault staff announced the return of habitability to Detroit. The Purple Gang resurfaced soon after, but to a flattened Detroit being ravaged by the war between FROST, the PLFA, and Undying. Immediately, the Purple Gang set to work to reclaim Detroit, and constructed several crude gang-settlements in Upper East Side, and created nine “expeditionary crews” to survey and scavenge Greater Detroit. Nathaniel, meanwhile, focused on creating “community centers” to comfort the survivors in Detroit, such as casinos, brothels, and theaters, and became a well-respected figure in the Detroit community again. The resurgence of the gang gained the attention of FROST and the PLFA, who both tried to negotiate and subjugate the Gang, but its community influence proved an obstacle, and an unconditional stalemate formed between the two forces, with the interception of chemical and drug trafficking routes by either faction being the main form of combat between them. By 2092, the resurgent Purple Gang was in conflict with the Detroit Association, who they viewed as immoral, and in violation of basic gangster codes, and sought to free those humans forced to work for it and “euthanize” the ghouls enslaved by it. A gang war has brawled from French Road to McClellan Avenue since 2092 between the two.

Since returning, Nathaniel has been a street-mongering, community-oriented gangster like he was pre-War, and is frequently seen in the makeshift compounds of the Purple Gang in Riverdale and Chandler Park. He rules by both an iron fist and altruism, giving assistance to survivors who he deems needs it, and punishment to those that cross him or his allies. He has made plans to re-establish contact with the outer world, but has been discouraged from ambitious moves due to the overbearing shadows of FROST and the PLFA. He has, however, fervently pursued re-establishing absolute domination over Upper East Side, primarily conflicting with the Undying and FROST in doing so.

Questions:
  • Since there isn’t a lot of lore established on the Purple Gang in the OP, can I ask that some of the lore I established in this app be the official lore?

Is that picture from Goodfellas? I have a feeling it is.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu May 30, 2019 6:15 pm

Northern Poland wrote:

Appearance:

Other Items:

Bio:

Since returning, Nathaniel has been a street-mongering, community-oriented gangster like he was pre-War, and is frequently seen in the makeshift compounds of the Purple Gang in Riverdale and Chandler Park. He rules by both an iron fist and altruism, giving assistance to survivors who he deems needs it, and punishment to those that cross him or his allies. He has made plans to re-establish contact with the outer world, but has been discouraged from ambitious moves due to the overbearing shadows of FROST and the PLFA. He has, however, fervently pursued re-establishing absolute domination over Upper East Side, primarily conflicting with the Undying and FROST in doing so.

Questions:

Is that picture from Goodfellas? I have a feeling it is.

No, Casino. But it’s still Pesci.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Thu May 30, 2019 7:14 pm

Appearance:(Image)

Other Items:

Bio: [spoiler=I went all out baby]Nathaniel Jeremiah Baumstein was born into no family nor place all that special in the year of 2047. His father was a automotive factory worker, producing both civilian automotive parts and sometimes automotive parts for military contractors. His mother played the role of housewife, tending to the rancher that Nathaniel grew up in while his father worked long, 7-to-5 shifts. Nathaniel always new inequality, hardship, and unfairness, especially when he was a teen and passed over for many a job in favor of the family of an interviewers’ cronies, or due to his ethnicity. As a result, Nathaniel sought out vigilante redemption early on, and started as a child burglar, stealing from and ransacking his interviewers and their colleagues. Nathaniel was caught and arrested by the police many times in his youth, and saw cumulative weeks of jail time by the time he was 18. While in prison, he met Simon Delshad, a Captain of the Purple Gang, who sympathized with Nathaniel’s low-class background and took him under his wing.

Questions:

All in all a great application with an especially good bio, it fits well into the lore being written for the purple gang and I am very happy to make it canon. Consider yourself Accepted. Now for some Q&A:

1. Since there isn’t a lot of lore established on the Purple Gang in the OP, can I ask that some of the lore I established in this app be the official lore?

In my most recent announcement I explain that further lore development is underway. I actually have quite a bit more written than is in the OP, but in interests of polishing it and making sure everything is plot-hole proof and consistent, some of the stuff is going to have to wait for now. However, we were in fairly early development for the Purple Gang in the buildup to the Great War. So I would gladly allow your application to act as a framework for that era.

2 & 3. Isn't it too early to return to the surface in 2099 & How many bombs fell on Detroit?

In this RP only one bomb of a relatively small size actually struck Detroit, what killed most of the city was fallout from other blast sites causing radiation poisoning, famine, drought, and later, ghoul hordes. By 2099 most of those problems are well in the past, radiation is still heavy in the actual area surrounding the blast crater, but aside from irradiated areas that will be added to the map later on, Detroit is one of the better off areas of the US. Which makes sense given that it is relatively far from China and likely not among the highest priority sites. More nukes would have been targeting Detroit, however some would have been shot down and others may have been a lower priority and thus not been launched until post-collapse. We can see evidence that such a collapse halted launches from the US in the New Vegas DLC's depiction of the Divide where more armaments were being transported at the time of the nuclear Armageddon but never made it where they were meant to go.

4. Haha, well, in theory we could have one run by a Protectron just for keks. But that would probably be too much of a meme.
Last edited by Alouite on Thu May 30, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hyman Minsky

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu May 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Alouite wrote:

Appearance:(Image)

Other Items:

Bio: [spoiler=I went all out baby]Nathaniel Jeremiah Baumstein was born into no family nor place all that special in the year of 2047. His father was a automotive factory worker, producing both civilian automotive parts and sometimes automotive parts for military contractors. His mother played the role of housewife, tending to the rancher that Nathaniel grew up in while his father worked long, 7-to-5 shifts. Nathaniel always new inequality, hardship, and unfairness, especially when he was a teen and passed over for many a job in favor of the family of an interviewers’ cronies, or due to his ethnicity. As a result, Nathaniel sought out vigilante redemption early on, and started as a child burglar, stealing from and ransacking his interviewers and their colleagues. Nathaniel was caught and arrested by the police many times in his youth, and saw cumulative weeks of jail time by the time he was 18. While in prison, he met Simon Delshad, a Captain of the Purple Gang, who sympathized with Nathaniel’s low-class background and took him under his wing.

Questions:

All in all a great application with an especially good bio, it fits well into the lore being written for the purple gang and I am very happy to make it canon. Consider yourself Accepted. Now for some Q&A:

1. Since there isn’t a lot of lore established on the Purple Gang in the OP, can I ask that some of the lore I established in this app be the official lore?

In my most recent announcement I explain that further lore development is underway. I actually have quite a bit more written than is in the OP, but in interests of polishing it and making sure everything is plot-hole proof and consistent, some of the stuff is going to have to wait for now. However, we were in fairly early development for the Purple Gang in the buildup to the Great War. So I would gladly allow your application to act as a framework for that era.

2 & 3. Isn't it too early to return to the surface in 2099 & How many bombs fell on Detroit?

In this RP only one bomb of a relatively small size actually struck Detroit, what killed most of the city was fallout from other blast sites causing radiation poisoning, famine, drought, and later, ghoul hordes. By 2099 most of those problems are well in the past, radiation is still heavy in the actual area surrounding the blast crater, but aside from irradiated areas that will be added to the map later on, Detroit is one of the better off areas of the US. Which makes sense given that it is relatively far from China and likely not among the highest priority sites. More nukes would have been targeting Detroit, however some would have been shot down and others may have been a lower priority and thus not been launched until post-collapse. We can see evidence that such a collapse halted launches from the US in the New Vegas DLC's depiction of the Divide where more armaments were being transported at the time of the nuclear Armageddon but never made it where they were meant to go.

4. Haha, well, in theory we could have one run by a Protectron just for keks. But that would probably be too much of a meme.

Thanks ^_^ It’s very gratifying to be reviewed in such a positive way :P I’ll make sure to make a good contribution to this roleplay as the boss man 8)
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Fri May 31, 2019 12:53 pm

idk what to make my first post about :x
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri May 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Granluras wrote:idk what to make my first post about :x

It's still only day one, so I'd suggest writing about what they did on new years, is new years a thing your guys celebrates? What're the Purple Gang's plans for this year? What's your hideout like? Does your guy have any associates he live/hangs out with? What drives him to keep up in this dreary world?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Fri May 31, 2019 2:07 pm

Vacif wrote:
Granluras wrote:idk what to make my first post about :x

It's still only day one, so I'd suggest writing about what they did on new years, is new years a thing your guys celebrates? What're the Purple Gang's plans for this year? What's your hideout like? Does your guy have any associates he live/hangs out with? What drives him to keep up in this dreary world?

k thats good :p
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Veltora
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Veltora » Fri May 31, 2019 7:12 pm

Alouite wrote:
I am happy to accept the concept behind this application, however there is a single (albeit trivial) thing standing in the way of its acceptance. That is - how would he have a strong English accent if he grew up in Detroit? Also, and this isn't a barrier to acceptance but more so a point of clarification, how was it that Jack survived his severe burns? How did he survive for 7 years and what was that like? A bit more character development would be nice. Beyond that, I will conditionally accept your application. Once the changes are made I will fully accept it as canon.

Fixed

Alouite
Postmaster-General

Postby Alouite » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:00 pm

Veltora wrote:Name: Jack "The Burned Man" Wayne

Appearance: Jack is a very tall musclar man who has light, almost crystal blue eyes, which contrast his heavily burned and scarred skin. He is often seen wearing bandages covering his whole body except his eyes, which has given him many names throughout the years such as the Mummy, and the Burned Man.

Associations:

Skills:
- intimidation/speech
- small guns
- melee weapons
- survival

Weaknesses:
- repair
- energy weapons

Weapons:
Riot shotgun

- black torn jeans
- Black steel toe boots
- white t-shirt
- black body armour

Satchel:
- 2× stimpak
- 70 bottle caps

Bio:
Jack was born in downtown Detroit in 2067 to Canadian convicts in hiding. His father quickly became abusive as his drug and alcohol addictions grew, and a neglectful mother who left when he was 7, it was his responsibility to care for his two younger sisters. From a young age he learned how to cook, clean, and survive. He wasn't interested in performing well in school, as he had no time for homework, and couldn't afford to add the unnecessary stress that school brought. However, he wasn't an idiot, and was rather cunning, managing to convince classmates and even teachers to cheat on tests, managing to pass highschool with a B- average. The few times he was at school, he spent it mostly making contacts for his growing drug enterprise. He was primarily involved in Buffout, Psycho and Mentats, while priding himself in never using any of them.

As Jack grew taller and stronger, his fathers physical abuse lessened, but his verbal and emotional abuse grew. The taunts ranged from calling Jack a failure, unmanly, and an idiot, to telling him he was the reason his mother left him, and why she never returned. Those last two alway stuck to Jack, and one day, the abuse reached a boiling point... he snapped. While his sister's were supposed to be at saturday school for extra tutoring, he murdered his father with his personalized switchblade, tapping into his burning rage he kept hidden from even himself, revealing a side he didn't know he had. And he loved it. In his ensuing rage, he purposely ignited his drug station, which ignited a large fire in the house. He felt like he was in a inferno paradise, free from rules, free from life. His sister's had in fact skipped school, and were playing in the shelter/basement. Jack heard their screams and was quickly brought back to reality. He frantically rushed to the basement, but as he was moving towards them, the roof collapsed, pinning him beneath scorching wood, as he passed out from the pain. The bombs fell only seconds after Jack lay unconscious, heavily scarred, heavily burned, changed forever.

In the blast, one of the large water tanks collapsed, pouring gallons of water across the floor, which besides dousing the flames, nearly drowned him. For 7 years he survived off of a small supply of rations and brief scavenging runs to the surface, exposing him to large amounts of radiation, which didnt ghoulify him, but did severly deteriorate his mind. Over time, he slowly succumbed to insanity, he became sadistic, brutal and psychopathic with a frighteningly violent personality.

In the beginning years of the Kingdom of Cain, Cain was overseeing a scavenging expedition. They came across what was left of a small house that seemed to still be lived in. As they made their way through the house, two raiders were killed by traps, and another was stabbed by a hidden attacker. Cain drew his pistol and shot the attacker, who dropped to the ground, breathing heavily. Cain noticed heavy body armour, and seemed intrigued by this clever man covered by rags. They took him captive, and treated him back to relative stability, allowing him to live within their base, and lead small teams to collect taxes from nearby settlements, and to this day Jack remains as Cains most trusted enforcer.

Accepted.
Hyman Minsky

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse