NATION

PASSWORD

Stories in the Forest II (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Stories in the Forest II (IC)

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun May 05, 2019 12:43 pm

June 9th, 2019

To: RossPop@gmail.com
Subject: Summer Trip Planned

Dear Ross,
I know that has been a while since we have been face to face, but I want to say that even though, you thought I was crazy that I would head back to what we once considered home, I would say we both managed to have our own goals and dreams be true. Since it's been a long time, a year perhaps, I want you to head back to Kullside. I want you to help me with something and help you celebrate a bit of summer vacation, since both Mom and Dad are lounging near a country club somewhere in the desert. Come back to the town. Bring some of your friends, if you need to. I'm not at the house. I'm at the lodge, where we used to go for spring. I email you a map for you to print, if you forgot where it was.

Hope to see you there.
-Monty

"Jerome? Did you hear something?" Christi said, as both of them were making out on a picnic blanket in a secluded area within Buckeye Park. "Babe, it's just some deer. Come on! You wanted to go here for summer. Stop being so tense." Jerome replied. There were in the middle of what seemed like a round area with no trees, though the lack of wildlife has already gotten Christi on edge. She couldn't tell what was scaring her, but it was almost like someone was watching the two of them be alone together. "Damn it.." Jerome muttered. "What is it?"
"I got to take a freaking leak."
"Already?"
"I'm not going to walk my ass back to one of those port-o-potties. I do it near a tree. Helping Mother Nature." Jerome joked, as he walked over to a tree at the rim of the field to unzip his pants.

As Jerome was taking a leak, Christi was watching Jerome, watching for him to finish his business. Had she turned around, she would have noticed the hooded figure walking slowly towards her in the middle of the field. "Come on, Jerome!" "Calm the hell down! I'm almost done." Jerome yelled, as he zipped up his jeans. "Now let's-" Jerome was about to say some more, but when he turned to see that there was someone standing directly behind her. He couldn't tell, if it was a man or a flat-chested woman, but there were wearing this homemade mask of a smiley face. Two holes were made to let whoever was in the hoodie see. A tattoo was visible on the neck, possibly from a thug. Some dried blood was visible on the edge of the smile, as it was frozen to grin at whoever saw it.

"The hell do you want?!" Jerome yelled, as Christi noticed the figure also. "Jerome!" "Take it easy, Christi! It's just some creep trying to put us in one of those internet prank videos!" Jerome reassured Christi, as he started to approach the figure. "Listen, you better start running, because I'm going to flatten your square ass right here!" Jerome nor Christi didn't notice the blade that the figure had behind their back, as they made a swift slash at Jerome, where he suddenly went silent. "Jerome?" Christi said, until Jerome slowly turned to her. A large red line was forming on his neck, as a squirt of blood hit her face. She looked down to see a large blade in their hand. Then, in a moment typical from a slasher film victim, Christi took off screaming her lungs.

She didn't try to look back as she went running into the trees. It was probably 10 seconds, until she nearly tumbled as she didn't seem to recognize this part of the forest. She didn't even know which direction she was going. She was already lost and was probably doomed from the start. She took a moment to catch her breath, then she turned around to see the masked figure standing a couple of feet away from her, just staring at her. "What do you want?! You killed my boyfriend!" Christi yelled, wanting an answer. It was then that the masked figure started to look "fuzzy". The outline of the figure looked like they were becoming television static, as they suddenly disappeared from Christi's view. Into thin air. Christi was in disbelief and on the verge of tears. Did a ghost kill Jerome? She started to breath heavily, until she turned around...

And the masked figure immediately grabbed her by the neck. Christi immediately let out a scream, as the figure proceeded to shut up their next victim by plunging the blade deep into her head.

STORIES IN THE FOREST
II

Of what memories that we leave behind stay visible to us all?
The ones we try to get forget still leave their imprints in our minds.
Yet, the EVIL that dwells at where we once were.

Are you willing to overcome your fears to stay alive?

June 10th, 2019

The inside of the Cheow lodge was a simple silence, as the morning sun was shining through the windows. After Monty moved back to the lodge, he did made sure it looked nice and inviting when people came up. Eventually, someone went to the front door of the lodge and did a simple knock. No response. They knocked again. They soon realized that the door was unlocked. A bit hesitant, they entered and started to call out, if anyone was home. That silence that filled the house was interrupted with the loud whirl of a blender at the kitchen near the main living room. Monty was in front of a blender, making some green juice, where they turned again to take note of the visitor who entered through the door.

"So you're here. I know you're the private type, but meeting at the Waffle Block was the only place that you weren't look suspicious at. Want some juice?" Monty asked the person.
"..."
"Well, we can do over the information I have in my office upstairs. I do have some evidence you can see."
"..."
"It isn't what you imagined, but you and I are the only ones who knows that they are real."
"..."
"Yes, people are coming over. Though, I do have a place you can stay in the basement. I do have a sleeping bag, if you need it."
"..."
"Alright. Just make sure you don't scare people when they come over. Ok?"

Monty showed the person where the hatch was for the basement, where they made sure they were comfy, before he went back upstairs. He checked the time on the wall clock nearby. They would come soon. He invited Ross, but he invited several locals from town to join him. He did tell them where the lodge would be, but he was prepared to head outside to help them find the place.

Meanwhile, on a winding asphalt road in a red 1984 Chevy Camaro, Ross was driving with the windows down, since Helvetica was in the passenger seat, having a cigarette in between her fingers, as smoke was going out the window. Ross had "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo, playing on the car radio, as he saw the road sign for Buckeye Park in front of him. Upon seeing the dirt road near the parking lot, Ross turned his car to go through it. "There it is. Buckeye Park. Within population of 100 or less people in Kullside." Ross tried to make a joke, but he didn't find his own joke funny. As he went down the dirt road, he saw a yellow gate that was padlocked, preventing the car from going through.

"Looks like I can't head much further. We might have to go by foot. I can help with your stuff, Helvetica. And make sure that you don't piss off any of the rangers. If there are any here." Ross said to Helvetica, as he opened the car door to get some stuff from the trunk.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun May 05, 2019 2:52 pm

Martin Kellly
It's lovely day for a walk in the forest

Another day of unpacking boxes and such stuff, Martin thought he needed to take a break from this constant unpacking. He decided to go for a walk in the forest, since coming to Kullside he wanted to go there, and now was the perfect occasion. He took out a coat, flashlight, backpack with some useful stuff to have in a forest and exited his apartment. He walked an asphalt road when he came upon someone and his car before what looked like a gate to the local park, he thought he would be the only one going out into the forest. He approached the man, noticing there was a woman in the car, and asked the man

"Seems we both head for that forest, can I help with something, name's Martin"

He then raised his hand to shake it with the stranger. Having a company to walk would be nice, as usual, his optimism kicked in and he was really hoping that these two would go allow him to walk with them. After a further look at the man, Martin concluded that he was an actor in a show, he couldn't remember it' name, but he remembered seeing one episode of it.
Last edited by Endem on Mon May 06, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sun May 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Johnathan Culpepper

"A hot day today it seems." He whispered to the wind as he stood by the window overlooking the nearby forest. Indeed, the day winds were nowhere to be felt today, and it was kind of hotter than usual, which wasn't supposed to happen. The weather channel predicted incorrectly that it would be a comfortable warm throughout the day. Again, it was quite off. Whatever, no use talking about stupid shit like that, time to clear his mind of unnecessary things. And what better way, than a walk to that forest right outside? Reminded him of those odd woods right outside of his old home, for sure. Grabbing his coat, his pack, and a flashlight for later on, after doing those things, he headed out, but before he broke past the main door, he was interrupted by the old lady that allowed him to stay at her place. "Leavin so soon are ya nao?" She had told him, which he replied with "No, just taking a walk ma'am.".

"Awright, take care nao." Was what he had heard last when he stepped out, and into the grassy fields around the house. Nearby was an dirt trail going into the forest, which he had asked about earlier in the day. It apparently was an old one, being a former trail to a local park, Buckeye Park. It also led to some clearings that were apparently burial grounds for Indians, and cursed ground. Of course that last one was false, all myths were. Tch, cursed grounds? What an odd thing!

As he walked into the forest, the alien presence that people kept on complaining about, well, it really wasn't. It felt familiar, similar to those woods back home. Very inviting. Even more so when he neared the first clearing, goodness! Was this home? "Do I-" "FUCKER!". Okay who the fuck snuck up on him? Turning around, he saw a long haired girl, she repeated once more, "Do I know you?" What an odd thing, a girl this deep in the woods at this time of night? "No, I don't know you either," he replied and he waved his hand, "Now shoo, go home.". She nodded, and walked away slowly, towards the clearing, and he went further down the trail, but turned his head backwards to see if the girl was around

She wasn't. "How odd, that this cold could play tricks on the mind.". But how could he hear though? Was it the wind? It certainly wasn't whispery, her voice. Whatever, next clearing was here and the park would be right around the corner. A few more steps, hmm, yes, there it was, the park! And three people as well. "Well, hi there!" He began, "Nice time for a walk alrighty?".
Last edited by Ruskland-Preuben on Mon May 06, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon May 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Meanwhile, on a winding asphalt road in a red 1984 Chevy Camaro, Ross was driving with the windows down, since Helvetica was in the passenger seat, having a cigarette in between her fingers, as smoke was going out the window. Ross had "Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo, playing on the car radio, as he saw the road sign for Buckeye Park in front of him. Upon seeing the dirt road near the parking lot, Ross turned his car to go through it. "There it is. Buckeye Park. Within population of 100 or less people in Kullside." Ross tried to make a joke, but he didn't find his own joke funny. As he went down the dirt road, he saw a yellow gate that was padlocked, preventing the car from going through.

"Looks like I can't head much further. We might have to go by foot. I can help with your stuff, Helvetica. And make sure that you don't piss off any of the rangers. If there are any here." Ross said to Helvetica, as he opened the car door to get some stuff from the trunk.

Don't run away it's only me (only me)
Don't be afraid of what you can't see
Don't run away it's only me (only me)
Don't be afraid of what you can't see
It's only me

The passenger Helvetica Clements silently allowed herself to enjoy the repetitive goofy tunes, her daydreaming gaze taking in the rural landscape of Kullside. The rumours of a dried up mining town known as Ohio's Castle Rock piqued her interest when she learnt it was the hometown of Ross Cheow, her somewhat-of-a-friend whom she had met around two years earlier during production at the Disney studio that had now fired her by some accounts or simply let her quit.

Taking in another huff from her cigarette, a special brand made in Virginia: Denson Tobacco, she let out a disappointed puff when realising the place just seemed like any other dying old town that was desperate to lure in naive tourists and thrill seekers with ghastly ghost stories that were at best shameless exaggerations of coincidence or small yet peculiar events. Everything seemed so regular and mundane. Just another rural vacation resort.

''Well aren't you gentleman of the year,'' she smiled exiting the Chevy and approached the padlocked gate with her cigarette tilted under the grip of her slender fingers. Her delicate hands weren't meant for heavy-lifting luggage from the trunk of a car, which she inclined Ross to cover for her.

''What would rangers even be doing out here anyway, roasting marshmallows and admiring the scenery?'' she remarked sarcastically shifting her gaze to the woodlands. ''White tailed deer, that's the state animal here right? Do any live in Kullside?''
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon May 06, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon May 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Ross Cheow

"If there are rangers here, then they are probably the ones who had this gate locked. We have to walk to Monty's place by foot." Ross explained to Helvetica, as he checking the map of the park from his backpack from the trunk. "There should be deer here? Huh." Ross took a glance at the woodlands to see no signs of animals, as he took out Helvetica's stuff, which was all stuffed in a large backpack to set it on the ground. Well, except the arrival of two men who appeared from the side of the gate. "I reckon you both are heading into the woods, also?" Ross reached out to shake Martin's hand. "We're visiting a relative in the forest. Lives in a fancy lodge, as I recall." Ross explained to Martin. "That's your friend with you?" Ross also asked, as the sounds of the forest can be heard from behind the yellow gate.

If one would listen closely, it almost sounds like there seemed to be a waterfall in the distance, beyond the gate. There didn't seem to be no other chance. It was going to be heading to Monty's lodge by foot, if Ross liked it or not.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Ross Cheow

...Well, except the arrival of two men who appeared from the side of the gate. "I reckon you both are heading into the woods, also?" Ross reached out to shake Martin's hand. "We're visiting a relative in the forest. Lives in a fancy lodge, as I recall." Ross explained to Martin. "That's your friend with you?" Ross also asked, as the sounds of the forest can be heard from behind the yellow gate.

Martin Kellly
Who? Never saw him

"Yes, I'm heading to the woods" as he shook the man's hand. Then he turned to face the other person and answered Ross, "I have never saw that man in my life". Well, who was him, Martin asked himself, whoever he was he seemed like another person that wanted to... Go into the woods, Martin then said "hi" to that man and once again turned to Ross "so as I said, I can help with something since we are both headed to the woods".

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Tue May 07, 2019 12:04 am

Jonathan Culpepper

“Likewise stranger,” he told the man, “Anywho, I reckon that we shouldn’t be strangers for long.”. He then introduced himself, “Greetings to y’all, I’m Jonathan, Jonathan Culpepper,” listening briefly to the sound of a waterfall nearby, he then continued, “Well, now that I’ve told y’all my name, how bout telling me yours, friends?”. “So as I said,” began the one who had introduced himself as Martin, “Can I help with something since we are both headed to the woods?” He’d inquire. “Oh I know something you can help with friend!” He chuckled mirthfully, “Some directions round these parts would be of great help yeah?”. He observed his surroundings after concluding his sentence. It appeared that there were four people, including him, one gal, the rest guys.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue May 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Endem wrote:
"Yes, I'm heading to the woods" as he shook the man's hand. Then he turned to face the other person and answered Ross, "I have never saw that man in my life". Well, who was him, Martin asked himself, whoever he was he seemed like another person that wanted to... Go into the woods, Martin then said "hi" to that man and once again turned to Ross "so as I said, I can help with something since we are both headed to the woods".

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Jonathan Culpepper

“Likewise stranger,” he told the man, “Anywho, I reckon that we shouldn’t be strangers for long.”. He then introduced himself, “Greetings to y’all, I’m Jonathan, Jonathan Culpepper,” listening briefly to the sound of a waterfall nearby, he then continued, “Well, now that I’ve told y’all my name, how bout telling me yours, friends?”. “So as I said,” began the one who had introduced himself as Martin, “Can I help with something since we are both headed to the woods?” He’d inquire. “Oh I know something you can help with friend!” He chuckled mirthfully, “Some directions round these parts would be of great help yeah?”. He observed his surroundings after concluding his sentence. It appeared that there were four people, including him, one gal, the rest guys.

That was Ross for you - so open and friendly to complete strangers, unable to even fathom malign intent, Helvetica thought to herself as she continued smoking smoking in silence, suppressing a mix of relief and chagrin at not being instantly recognised by the additional arrivals. Did her show really fade from living memory so fast? Would anyone remember the titular face of Princess Pretty?

''Helvetica Clements,'' she responded with an expectant tone to confirm whether the name meant something to them or not, titling her chin up just slightly to strike an elegant pose as if being photographed. If she was indeed a complete stranger in this town, should she consider it a blessing or curse?

''What brings you two out here in the woods? Sightseeing? Scavenger hunting? Pray tell, have you come upon any white tailed deer?''

Two strangers who claimed not to know each other. How very interesting if true, therefore she wondered what brought them here to this place.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue May 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:

''Helvetica Clements,'' she responded with an expectant tone to confirm whether the name meant something to them or not, titling her chin up just slightly to strike an elegant pose as if being photographed. If she was indeed a complete stranger in this town, should she consider it a blessing or curse?

''What brings you two out here in the woods? Sightseeing? Scavenger hunting? Pray tell, have you come upon any white tailed deer?''

Two strangers who claimed not to know each other. How very interesting if true, therefore she wondered what brought them here to this place.

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:

“Oh I know something you can help with friend!” He chuckled mirthfully, “Some directions round these parts would be of great help yeah?”. He observed his surroundings after concluding his sentence. It appeared that there were four people, including him, one gal, the rest guys.

Martin Kellly
A Simple Walk Around

The woman said she was named Helvetica Clements, strange name, it reminded Martin of one of the fonts that could be used in word editing programs. She made a strange pose, but, Martin wasn't one to bring it up. He said to her

"I moved here just a week ago and decided to have a walk in the forest"

He then turned to face Jonathan

"Well as I said to Helvetica, I'm relatively new here, so I doubt I could give you any directions, but I'm happy to help with anything else"
Last edited by Endem on Tue May 07, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue May 07, 2019 4:28 pm

Ross Cheow

"I don't think we need directions per say, but it's been like what years, since I been here?" Ross remarked, as he getting his stuff and Helvetica's belongings to carry during the walk. With his backpack being gripped in his left hand, due to wearing Helvetica's backpack, he got out the map again and checked the route. "You two can follow along, since the hiking trail is supposed to be beyond here, though since you're locals, you might still know where this and that." Ross said to Martin and Jonathan, as he walked pass the yellow gate.

"You're ready, Helvetica? Once we start walking, I'm planning on heading all the way to the lodge. No bathroom breaks." Ross gave a bit of a smirk.

RPs I do

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed May 08, 2019 11:07 am

Helvetica

Endem wrote:
"I moved here just a week ago and decided to have a walk in the forest"

He then turned to face Jonathan

"Well as I said to Helvetica, I'm relatively new here, so I doubt I could give you any directions, but I'm happy to help with anything else"

It seemed that for better or worse these strangers, more technically these two newly made acquaintances didn't know who either of them were. Not the TV types apparently. Realising there was no need to pretend she shifted her posture to normal and resumed a more passive yet apathetic demeanour. If they didn't know her she wasn't all that interested in knowing them. Part of her couldn't help but take a pinch of insult from their ignorance.

But then maybe it wasn't too bad, not being beholden to her fallen celebrity image.
Maybe it was a chance to be anything else she wanted to be for the little time she had left.

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Ross Cheow

"I don't think we need directions per say, but it's been like what years, since I been here?" Ross remarked, as he getting his stuff and Helvetica's belongings to carry during the walk. With his backpack being gripped in his left hand, due to wearing Helvetica's backpack, he got out the map again and checked the route. "You two can follow along, since the hiking trail is supposed to be beyond here, though since you're locals, you might still know where this and that." Ross said to Martin and Jonathan, as he walked pass the yellow gate.

"You're ready, Helvetica? Once we start walking, I'm planning on heading all the way to the lodge. No bathroom breaks." Ross gave a bit of a smirk.

She nodded, still smiling.

For these last eight days of her life she could be free.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed May 08, 2019 5:57 pm

Ross Cheow

"Alright. It's best you follow me."

After going around the yellow gate, the dirt road started to open up. 5 pillars surrounding a campfire pit that was now a pile of ash appeared on the left, where further down on the right is a large pond surrounded by a border of rocks. Heading down the road, there was a stone headless statue on a podium, clutching what looks like some sort of glass orb, but there was only small pieces of glass at the foot of the podium. It head was missing, where someone must have smashed it off with a hammer, judging by how rough the neck looked cracked. Walking down the road, the sounds of a waterfall can be heard much louder, as it can be seen ahead. From uphill, a waterfall is coming out from the side, as it has water go down into a small lake. A burned out abandoned cabin is nearby, with damages that Ross guessed that some propane tank exploded inside. All that remains is a husk of itself made out of burnt wood. The words can be seen etched into the wood, "CONDEMNED".

Walking around the lake, the dirt road continued uphill, where there was a tall wired fence nearby. It was hard to see what was supposed to be beyond the fence, but the signs of crops made it seem that it was supposed to be a farm. As the group goes deeper, there was this sense of anxiety forming. Is the sun already starting to set? It felt like they had been in these woods for minutes, yet it was already the afternoon. The twilight can be seen. Ross sees a sign ahead of him, where he checks the map. "When you're near Hollow Trail, that means you're near my place - M". The wooden sign reads in front of him, "Hollow Trail: Exploratory Trail and Relaxation." That sense of anxiety was starting to fade now. The dirt road started to be become thin, as the road was starting to turn into a trail. Going down the trail, there were two port-o-potties nearby. One of them had it's door open and was attracting flies. As a fork in the trail appeared, Ross went left, as the map showed him, while a radio tower can be seen in the distance, where the right path was heading.

Someone's white pickup truck with a ladder rack was on the side of the trail. An empty Starbucks cup can be seen in the cup holder, when looking inside. The doors are locked, so someone must still be in the woods. Is that Monty's vehicle? Off the trail, there was a house belonging to someone, along with what appeared to be a construction site or was it a lumberyard? "That ain't the lodge. Looks like a possible neighbor. Doesn't explain why it's this empty down here." Ross remarked. There was a bulldozer present, but the site looked deserted. However, as the group went deeper down the path, Ross saw another house.

"There it is, Helvetica! The Cheow Lodge! Monty still managed to make it look brand new! Kiddos to him!" Ross said to her, as he recognized the two-story house. Outside of the lodge, a table covered in leaves in front of some bay windows. Ross walked to the side of the lodge to the front door. With some hesitation, he knocked, only to see it open. Peeking his head in, he yelled "Hello?"

Suddenly, there was this mechanical whirl noise that erupted from the kitchen. Ross jerked his head to see that Monty was standing in front of a blender, blending some sort of green juice cleanse that he was probably doing from some internet trend. Monty saw Ross at the door and adjusted his glasses. "Look time no see." Monty showed a smile to Ross.
Last edited by Main Nation Ministry on Wed May 08, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPs I do

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri May 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Evan Hunter
Evan was visiting relatives who lived in Kullside, which was why he was in town. Evan's younger cousin, Jack, had kept bugging Evan about what Evan referred to as the Woodview Incident. And Evan did not want to talk about it at all. All he could really remember well from that night after they decided to go into the Ghostwoods was running, driving, and talking with Mr. Denson. He had decided to go on a hike to get away from his annoying cousin. He opened the door of his '87 Chevy Scottsdale, and sat down on the bucket seat. He buckled his seatbelt, and put the key in the ignition. He gave it a good twist, and the engine roared. He turned on the cassette deck, and the sweet sounds of Led Zeppelin III poured from the speakers. He backed out of the driveway, and began driving to the park.

The drive lasted about ten minutes. He arrived at the park, and realized that the gate was closed for some reason. There were other cars parked in front of it, so he assumed the park was open. He checked the locks on the gun rack he had installed after the Woodview Incident. They were locked, holding his unloaded Remington 870 securely. He had a box of shells for it in the glovebox, along with an Colt M1911A1 he had bought from his grandfather. He opened the glovebox, and withdrew the holstered M1911. He pulled a magazine from the glove box, and loaded the handgun. He made sure it was safe, then returned it to the holster. It was a shoulder holster, so he slid it on. It had space for two spare magazines, so he grabbed his two spare mags from the glovebox. He pulled his military surplus field jacket on and zipped it up. He rarely had less than a knife these days, after the Woodview Incident, and he had gotten a concealed carry permitas well.

He swung the door open, and stepped out, grabbing his daypack and military surplus canteen from the passenger's seat. He closed the door, and locked it. He skirted the gate, and he was on the road. He followed it for a fair distance, when he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He whirled around. He had heard stories that these woods were haunted, and he hoped they were wrong. He was facing a someone or something that looked like a serial killer in a slasher film. Evan decided to get out of there. He heard footsteps behind him, crunching on the ground. He turned to face the thing again.
Evan said,"Will ya stop followin' me?" The thing didn't respond. Evan turned quickly and ran. He heard footsteps, which stopped suddenly. He looked back, and it was gone. Evan walked over the next rise, and could see a two story lodge. He decided to go there and see if anybody knew what was going on in the woods. He took a sip from his canteen, and walked to the door. He rapped on the door with his fist.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri May 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Martin Kellly
Damn Nice Lodge

They were walking for some time, Martin was pretty happy this Ross decided to take him along. The woods looked nice, Martin didn't doubt the decision to move here was a bad one, but, now he knew it may have been the best decision in his life, although, he could swear he saw a figure between the trees once or twice, it was probably just his brain playing tricks on him.

When they were able to walk into the lodge itself he went near to who was seemingly Ross'es relative and asked, "I'm sorry but, can I leave my backpack somewhere?" Then he heard a banging on the door, "Seems like someone except us has come, strange"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat May 11, 2019 6:54 am

Helvetica

The rotting stench of the port-o-pottie inflamed her nostrils and she felt bile rising up in her chest, prompting her to suppress it with a heavy gulp. How disgusting, how undignified. Was this the norm for forest dwellers? As they continued walking the earthy scent of the lake felt relieving, followed by a more pleasant odour of pinewood from the trees.

As they approached the fork she looked up ahead and saw a radio tower. That must have been used by whatever incompetent park rangers resided here. Or maybe it was abandoned like that burnt up cabin they came across. Condemned? Whatever for she wondered? Bad land for building? Might have just been put on later to creep tourists but did its job in helping establish a ghostly presence to this half-finished construction area.

Interesting to explore maybe but certainly not relaxing as the Hollow Trail billboard claimed.

But what if it wasn't a hoax? This place had an uneasiness to it and it seemed she wasn't the only one feeling it, glancing at that Martin guy who looked like he had just seen something for the briefest moment. Or was it someone?

''What is-''

"There it is, Helvetica! The Cheow Lodge! Monty still managed to make it look brand new! Kiddos to him!" Ross said to her, as he recognized the two-story house.

''You're brother renovated it himself, out here? A fairer sight than its surroundings to be sure, but -''

The sudden mechanical screech had her jolt back and drop her cigarette in panic before recognising the sound to be a blender. To think the forest had already gotten to her with its haunted vibe.

Suddenly, there was this mechanical whirl noise that erupted from the kitchen. Ross jerked his head to see that Monty was standing in front of a blender, blending some sort of green juice cleanse that he was probably doing from some internet trend. Monty saw Ross at the door and adjusted his glasses. "Look time no see." Monty showed a smile to Ross.

''So you're Monty, Ross's quirky brother?'' she said while picking up her cigarette. Looking up at the green oozy mixture in the blender he was holding she simply raised an eyebrow.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Evan said,"Will ya stop followin' me?" The thing didn't respond. Evan turned quickly and ran. He heard footsteps, which stopped suddenly. He looked back, and it was gone. Evan walked over the next rise, and could see a two story lodge. He decided to go there and see if anybody knew what was going on in the woods. He took a sip from his canteen, and walked to the door. He rapped on the door with his fist.

Endem wrote:
When they were able to walk into the lodge itself he went near to who was seemingly Ross'es relative and asked, "I'm sorry but, can I leave my backpack somewhere?" Then he heard a banging on the door, "Seems like someone except us has come, strange"

''Another invite?'' she turned back to Ross. Could it have been whoever Martin might have looked like he had seen?

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat May 11, 2019 8:09 am

Jonathan Culpepper

While the rest took off immediately to the lodge, he lagged behind a bit, roaming near the trail his new fellows were following, sightseeing and taking in the beauty of nature. Haunted forest his ass, he could build a house here and turn it into an ancestral home! Ah, it really was too bad his family wouldn't support him once he left his town, but good riddance for them, never liked that superstitous bunch! After running around and spotting several landmarks, and taking note of them, he had noticed that the those distant roars of a waterfall were now capable of being heard clearly, and stepping out of the treeline, he had found himself at a small lake, and the waterfall was pouring water into it. Very tranquil, this place. Then he saw it, a distinct figure in the woods, by the edge of his vision. He then placed his direct gaze upon it, and to his surprise, it did not fade away like what other people had reported about apparitons on the edge. The two had a brief staring contest until, like any other sane person, he waved at it, more like madmen. It disappeared midway into his waving, what an odd thing, his eyes were playing tricks on him again. Perhaps it was the waterfall's spray causing the illusion.

"Bah! Illusions should stay illusions!" Waving it off as just that, he continued round the small lake, taking in the beautiful sights laid before his eyes. There was also a cabin in the area, but, it didn't look like a cabin they would be staying in. Indeed, the CONDEMNED sign was a big red flag, and the scorch marks another. A shit ton of red flags tripping over one another actually, perhaps this wasn't the place, which meant that, he was lost. "Great, just great.". He continued further down the road and towards the burnt abode, broken glass all over the place, and what seemed to be an epicenter of soot and fully charred wood, an explosion? Most likely. He had another odd feeling, that the home could be quite comfortable if it were to be repaired, but he would look at that condemned building at another time. Further walking, and he spotted a sign.

"Err, let's see what we've got, here..." his voiced trailed off as he began reading the sign silently, "Hollow Trail huh? Guess that's where I'll be going!". And so he went, kicking over dirt as he fast walked through the dirt track. Then he noticed another thing, the sun, was already setting? But it had only been a couple of minutes. How could it be setting now? He continued on with trepidation creeping on him, and as the road grew thinner into a trail, his trepidation peaked when he reached a fork. "Hmm, left or right, left or right." Eenie meenie miney mo, which trail should this one go? The left! The left! His thoughts said so, and so he did go. Wait, why left though? "Eh, probably just a hunch. He then saw what appeared to be a pickup truck on the trail's side, and a house and some sort of site just off the trail. His common sense and the fact that these places were deserted told him to dismiss these and continue down the road.

And that he did, and he found another house, this time, with obvious signs of inhabitation. "Welp, this is definitely it chief." He chuckled to himself as he strode onward, and it appeared that there was some stranger on the door knocking. "Well, how do you do!" He shouted at the man in greeting, clossimg the gap between him and the front porch fast.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 am

Angela O'Leary

In Buckeye Park, peace and quiet often prevailed. Even the wonderful creatures of the woods were so sparsely distributed that they rarely shared interactions. The various sounds that they made were lost in this vast expanse of true natural beauty, picked up only by the most keen of hearing. It was never long after a noise that silence settled once again.

A leaf of a brown hue, no doubt done in by little citizens of the wood, fluttered slowly down from its former place in the canopy above. It swooped left, then right before landing peacefully atop a small pile of many other leaves. Perhaps at that moment it thought that it was time to rest. It had been a good life, and it was now ready to return to the Earth. The slow, incoming sound of heavy paws through leaf and branch however, told it otherwise.

Suddenly, a paw came down upon the leaf, and it was far more broken than ever before. Meanwhile the dog to which the paw was connected pressed on through the wood, seemingly set on catching something. Every now and again it would let out a deep, determined bark. Not far behind was a girl with a head of vibrant red hair, three other hounds in tow. Cupping a hand over her mouth, she called, "Pelee! Come on, boy! Come back!" But alas, she was ignored.

The dog, Pelee, then disappeared behind a tree trunk. On the other side, the girl slowed to a stop. She took a moment to catch her breath and watch helplessly as the heavy-set pit bull made his way up a steep incline. The girl flinched every time the large dog lost his footing, but was filled with relief as he miraculously progressed all the way to the top and promptly vanished. Fortunately he was quite a noisy old fellow, so he could somehow be tracked.

A little frustrated now, the girl looked either side of her for an easy way up. Upon finding one, she wasted no time. On her word, the three other dogs swiftly made their way up the slope. One of them, a husky, stopped to observe her while the two doberman pinschers continued the chase. Once the girl was up, she started to run as fast as her legs would allow her. Next to her, the husky kept the pace whilst curiously eyeing her. Panting, the girl smiled and reached out to scratch behind the dog's ear. "Good boy, Rainier!" She then jerked her head after the two dobies, "Go on ahead, I'll catch up, boy!" And the husky darted forward in a burst of speed, creating a considerable gap between him and his handler within seconds.

The red-headed girl kept pushing herself, fearing the worst for Pelee, since he was half-blind and therefore relied on his sense of smell. Her father, she thought, would be very upset if anything bad happened to the old hound. So it was absolutely crucial that she came home with him that very day, in addition to the other three. Gathering her strength, she pushed herself forward, towards a clearing that she could vaguely make out in the distance. She ran and ran, until she was forced to stop when she realized that she'd just passed the three dogs. She almost fell in doing so, but was otherwise fine. Turning on her heel, she faced them, who were seated in a row. Their gazes seemed affixed to something ahead. Wondering what exactly it was, she peeked out from behind one of the trees and saw Pelee in the clearing, headed for some kind of building.

"Oh, fer f**k's sake, Pelee." she muttered to herself as she walked out into the open. The other three were reluctant to follow, but they did so anyway. Soon the girl reached the structure, and Pelee was nearby, lying in the grass. He was quite visibly exhausted. Throwing her arms into the air, the girl approached, then collapsed in the grass next to the dog. "You old bastard. You're goin' to be in for it once we get back." she said, nudging the dog's side. The other dogs crowded around her, watching the structure above them. Two men seemed to be there, though they were too far away still.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat May 11, 2019 11:21 pm

While the daylight was still streaming in the woods, the presence of malice was still visible to a perceptive few. The figure was seen by Evan, where it stalked him, as he walked. Even when Evan took notice, the figure started to see where he went, trying to find a more suitable hunting ground. Before it can get out it's blade, Evan took off running. The figure was seen by Jonathan, while he was at the waterfall, where he suddenly vanished when he started to think it was more than an illusion. But there seem to be another presence in the woods that seemed to cause a sense of disorientation. Martin seemed to have seen a figure between the trees once or twice, but he dismissed it as his mind playing tricks on him.

Ross Cheow

''So you're Monty, Ross's quirky brother?'' she said while picking up her cigarette. Looking up at the green oozy mixture in the blender he was holding she simply raised an eyebrow.

"It's part of a juice cleanse I'm testing. Making some juice to save for later. Want some?" Monty asked Helvetica, where she probably would refuse, seeing how Monty's blender was cranked up to several decimals in volume.

"Go ahead and leave it in the living room, if you like. I was expecting some visitors to arri-" Ross and Monty heard the knocking at the door. "I get it." Monty walked over to see Jonathan and Evan at the door. "Ah, I see. Come in." Monty said calmly to the two, however if Evan would to analyze Monty's reaction, Monty seemed to look like he was trying a part of his reaction to see Evan. There was a bit of a pause before he spoke to the two, where he looked like he was trying to not act surprised. He still let the two of them in, where he reached into his pocket, where the outline of his phone was visible. "Hey, Ross?"
"Yeah, Monty?"
"I need to check for some stuff upstairs in the bedroom. Could you also make sure that your girlfriend doesn't smoke too much in the lodge? She can smoke outside." Monty replied, where Ross had an embarrassed smile, wanting to correct Monty about Helvetica.

"Uhh, Monty? She is only just a friend." Monty said to him, but he was already heading upstairs. "Shit, I'm sorry for that. Look, I recommend him when it gets late, but he's probably going to get annoyed at the smoke." Monty tried to do the nice guy talk with Helvetica, though he didn't know what she had to say. Eventually, Monty went back upstairs, where he took a glance at a wooden hatch that was near the stairs. "Sorry about that, I had to lock my office. It's nice seeing you here, Ross."
"You're just allowing people into your house?"
"I run this place as a camping lodge, Ross. It isn't a bed and breakfast, but it's to get them to have fun, if they get bored."
"You still got the home theater set up, right?" Ross asked Monty, where Monty smiled. "You son of a bitch, I'm glad you didn't get rid of that!" Ross immediately hugged Monty, as he let his guests get settled.

RPs I do

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun May 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Helvetica merely chuckled quietly at Ross's retort - indeed she loved him or at least thought that she did - but not the way Monty suggested. She admired him and enjoyed his company even in silence, most of all he seemed the only 'real' person in the world who in turn recognised her as worth existing as more than just Princess Pretty. Shame if he were ever to learn the horrid truth about her, he might just turn away in disgust and like that she would become nothing once more.

Only eight days left. It doesn't matter after that. Maybe I should tell him while I still have time, even if he'll hate me forever I owe it to him to be the most real me. No! He wouldn't even want to know me if he knew what I did to that stupid poor upstart, its better not to bring it up and just let my time slide.

Monty seemed... eccentric. She politely declined the jug.

They all settled into the living room where she tried to block out the conflict within her with another puff taking in the sweet relief of nicotine before putting it out. She looked around at the two additional guests gathered in the lodge by chance.

Evan as he was called smelled of hay and had a countryside accent expected of a local resident. Yet it seemed he didn't know his way around Buckeye Park and more or less just came across it while trekking through the woods. Must have been another tourist like Martin and Jonathan travelling alone. He seemed shaken up though - the way he had rapped on the door sounded like he was desperate or in a rush, like he had just fled from something.
An animal maybe? Since there weren't any predators it would be a shame if he was scared of a squirrel or deer, being quite a handsome hunk.

The latest arrival was Angela, a young redhead whose face flashed an unpleasant memory she had just tried to suppress. Hard to get a read from that monotone visage but seeing her in the company of those loyal hounds and that unmissable look in her eyes - that carefree anticipation for a boundless future, it stirred within her a cold jealousy.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun May 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Martin Kellly
Wait, who's that

"Thank you"

Martin replied to Monty, he then proceeded to put his backpack in a corner, and proceed to just idly stand there. Not sure really what to do. Then he looked at a window, something compelled him to get closer to it, something like a red jacket was visible, on someone? No, this time it definitely was a real person, not just his mind, Martin couldn't see where the figure was looking as he was starting to formulate a sentence for others to come and see it, the figure vanished in a blink of an eye, so it was just his mind playing tricks on him.

He then remembered about something, he walked up to Ross and asked.

"Uh, sorry if it sounds weird but I think I saw you on Tv once, I don't remember what channel it was, am I wrong?"

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Mon May 13, 2019 4:20 am

Jonathan Culpepper

He was about to initiate another conversation with the stranger by the door when said door opened to reveal a man similar to Ross, "Ah, I see. Come in." Gesturing them both to come in, which he gladly obliged. "Great place you got here..." Murmuring to himself, he quickly placed his pack by the couch and seated himself on it, "Thanks for lettin me in... Monty.". He drawled out the word "in" as he didn't know who this man was, Ross' brother yes, but the name, eh. It was a good thing the stranger had indirectly obliged his request by talking with Ross. Monty, his name was, okay name. Then again, all names were just that, okay, no name was above another. His thoughts were then interrupted by Monty leaving them and proceeding to the stairs, wonder what he was up to. All in all, good first impressions, pretty cool guy.

The man from Connecticut reclined on the couch, but he then perked up his ears when he heard "You still got the home theater set up, right?" Coming from Ross. "Neat'o, it appear's like we gonna have a good night aye?" Talking to himself in a low voice, he would turn his head to the window, to see the other stranger outside visiting other than the man at the door, a gal the stranger was. He opened up the window, strangers were just unmet friends, and he was eager for more, yes. "Hey'o there! Nice place innit?" Yelling at her, his hand beckoned her to come closer, "Come on in, we got the space friend!". He chuckled slightly, oh boy, many a man in here cabin, tonight would be a great night with his new fellows.

Martin's distinct voice would then be heard, "Uh, sorry if it sounds weird but I think I saw you on TV once," the sentence was obviously pointed toward's Ross, "I don't remember what channel it was, am I wrong?". He would be the one answering him, "Yes to him being on TV, aye!" He replied, "On the show Thin-Slicing, on a supportive role, though I don't know why this stuff matters.". He paused with a thoughtful look on his face, "On the telly and famous or not, all men and women are equal.". He reclined some more, his eyebrows furrowed. Then then relaxed as he spoke again, "So uh, any of you folk been seeing things round these parts? Radio waves be odd I tell ya.".

That odd shadow... He had his suspicions, but they couldn't be right yet? Spooks don't exist, only in the head, but never in the real world.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue May 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Ross Cheow

As Monty went to the door again to let in Angela, Martin asked Ross a question, which he knew would occur when he was away from home. Though, it was still a surprise to know that people in Kullside were still getting cable.

"Uh, sorry if it sounds weird but I think I saw you on Tv once, I don't remember what channel it was, am I wrong?"

Martin asked Ross, where Jonathan joined in to the conversation.

"Yes to him being on TV, aye!" He replied, "On the show Thin-Slicing, on a supportive role, though I don't know why this stuff matters.". He paused with a thoughtful look on his face, "On the telly and famous or not, all men and women are equal.". He reclined some more, his eyebrows furrowed. Then then relaxed as he spoke again, "So uh, any of you folk been seeing things round these parts? Radio waves be odd I tell ya.".

"Heh. Yeah, I'm on the show Thin-Slicing. On the Disney channel, seeing how they need more teenage sitcoms. I'm not really a major A-list celebrity, like all of the blockbuster giants that work near our studio. I only work for television, but movies. Helvetica was on Princess Pretty before that got cancelled. Seeing how I'm here, I figured it would be a good break before the new season pops up for filming." Ross explained to Martin and Jonathan. "Well, the radio isn't broadcasting subliminal messaging. So that's a good sign." Monty let out a joke to Jonathan, seemingly acting like a skeptic.

Ross went to the kitchen to get himself a drink, since he was a bit thirsty. He spied a milk carton, which he picked up and started to shake. "Hey, Ross. Don't down that whole carton. I just went to the store outside of Iron Falls to get groceries." Monty reminded him, since he was unaware. "Outside of Iron Falls? What about the Food Mule?"
"That closed down."
"When?"
"A few years ago, before I moved." Monty said to Ross. Ross didn't see the whole town when he entered the county, but if Monty had to drive out of Iron Falls to get some groceries, that was kinda a bad sign. The town ran on mines, but if things weren't going so good with the economy in Kullside, then something was wrong. Ross went to a cabinet to get himself a glass, where he saw a face on the side of the carton. Usually, whenever someone went missing or if some kid's pet run out without their leash, they would display their faces and information about them. They still do this today, where it's typically some kid who disappeared. The face on the carton didn't look like a kid, but showed a young man in their late 20's. Possibly around Ross's age, though it's uncertain. Ross read the name that was below the person's face.

CARL MERRICK: If you have any information, please contact the number below.

Ross looked at the phone number, but didn't recognize the man on the picture. Yet, he gotten a sense of deja vu. After several hours of mingling and talk, night was starting to approach. Monty had the fireplace in the living room on, which was activated with a flip of a switch, since it was a gas fireplace. Monty let some people had snacks or the like, as they rest. When the sun set in the forest, it was the time of when darkness arrived.

--THE NIGHT--

Ross checked his watch to see that it was 8 PM. The sky was now dark, since all of the twilight had faded. There was no sign of the moon, yet. Unless some clouds had appeared. Monty did have a cheesy B-movie playing in the home theater, which was a room in the lodge with a few cushioned seats and a projector from above. Some guest rooms were open, where the beds were already made, since Monty was expecting Ross and other people. Monty's office was locked, along with that hatch near the stairs, but the mood was focused away from the locked door and hatch. Ross went to sit on the couch, looking at the fireplace.

"A bit of a calm night, though I will say that it's a bit risky to go outside." Monty said to Ross, as he was getting a pack of beer cans from the fridge. "By the way? Where's the animals? I thought I saw some birds, but where's the deer?" Ross asked, though Monty didn't seem to have heard him say that. Feeling a bit bored, Ross had an idea. "Hey, Monty? How about we tell scary stories? I mean, this is technically a camping trip." Ross told Monty, where he adjusted his glasses for a split-second.

"Scary stories? Like creepypastas?"
"No, man. I'm talking about the traditional urban legend stuff. Hook on the car door, babysitter from upstairs, big toes, etc."
"I'm surprised you're still more familiar with that, than what's online."
"Didn't someone make a movie based off some internet myth? Heard it sucked."
"It did. Then again, some stories tell themselves." Monty said to Ross, as he handed him a can of beer.

"Anyone interested in some scary stories?" Ross asked the people around him.

RPs I do

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed May 15, 2019 11:56 am

Martin Kellly
Creepy Stories?

pre-timeskip

Martin looked with some relief on Ross and said, "Thanks for answering" he then said just under his nose so that no one could hear "Good thing I'm not going insane".

now

Martin was sitting on one of the chair watching the film with a bowl full of popcorn ( the popcorn was his ). The film wasn't one Martin would normally go to, considering it was a B-movie, but, it was still fun to watch something, Martin nearly forgot about seeing anything strange in the woods outside.

Ross asked about creepy stories, Martin would gladly listen, but, he would never be able to come up with one. He turned to Ross and said "I'm interested, just one thing, I probably won't be able to come up with any good one's"

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed May 22, 2019 11:45 am

Evan Hunter
Evan said, "Scary stories? I lived 'un back in my hometown last 'ear. And jus' as I was walkin' in these woods. There was somethin' chasin' me. I sure as crap hope it ain't related to what happened to me before. It looked like th' villain from an ol' slasher flick." Eavn wouldn't say more unless he was pressed, and he sure hoped he wasn't being haunted or possessed or anything like that. Whatever it was, it would have to deal with three mags worth of .45 ACP slugs before it got him.

The people in the cabin seemed to be a mixture of locals and tourists, and some of them looked like they didn't belong in the woods. He hoped they wouldn't panic if anything odd happened. Evan had a sneaking suspicion that they were in for a long night.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse