NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine walked quickly up to the two men, looking down on them and their wounds. Briefly, a part of her considered attacking them now. She out numbered them seven to one, and they were injured. If they might be a threat...

"Well, you kind of are an intruder... Ruta, we're going to have to talk. I, uh, did something you should know about. Think Tsukuyomi knows also. Oh, don't worry about my... er, friends over there. They're loyal to me, or at least my blood."

Catherine took closer look at the two wounded men, they really had done a number on each other. She could stop the bleeding, and close their wounds, but if anything went to deep her work would be insufficient.

"Well, first things first, are you willing to let me look at your wounds? I could at least get a patch job done. Don't think you have anything lethal here, but wouldn't want you passing out and dying on the way back."

Michel and Ruta - Snitches and Talkers Get Stitches and Walkers

Ruta gave Catherine a lifted brow, as she explained that they needed to talk about something. He was not sure if he could handle much more drama today. At the same time, if Tsukiyomi knew about it, then perhaps they could handle whatever had happened. He sighed. "...Well...once I bring Michel to Cecily and John...and get my own wounds checked...I suppose I can answer whatever questions you have...though...I am glad to know you are safe. I did not know if we had been invaded by...something other than a rogue Jaegar who can't read a map."

"I wasn't even given a map! I got dropped through a portal and into the woods! They couldn't even drop me in the big building over there where it's actually warm, I had to trek through the snow and fight you!" Michel protested. He already knew the secret that Catherine was keeping, but of course, he could not tell Ruta about it, though the other Jaegar had given him a funny look when he had greeted the girl. "But uhhhh yeah we uhhh cut each other pretty bad, though we're both walking and conscious, so we just need to get to the infirmary."

Mana's principal had paused and mentally left the conversation when Catherine had mentioned she had brought friends. This school had already seen Hailey return with Krol at the docks, now Catherine had friends? He felt yet another wicked aura, something like a force that had awakened from the shadows. Ruta could not help but worry about what Catherine was going to say to him. "...Your...'friends'...What exactly are they stationed over on the docks for?...If they're...not something you can bring into the campus..."
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:30 pm

Paris, France
Kimiko Taira

Kimiko blinked a few times as her surrounding changed from her dorm room to a hotel in Paris. Transportation via teleportation was something the young woman had never experienced before, and the complete movement was something to behold. She looked around the suite more to get her bearings than anything.

So this really happened, I'm really in Paris.

Kimiko looked out of the window, realising she was in the 1st arrondissement on the Right Bank. She scanned the horizon to confirm and starred at the imposing gothic facade of Notre-Dame de Paris

It's really Paris, she mused. Last time she had been in Paris...

The young woman shook her head, her mind focusing on the mission at hand. She was here for a purpose, to help her classmates. Kimiko turned and noticed that the wolf had indeed brought someone.

"R-Ruby," Kimiko muttered, almost silently as she recognised the magical combat instructor with another wolf, or the same one. Kimiko wasn't entirely sure, and that was the last thing on her mind.

"What do we do now?" she asked.
Last edited by Britanania on Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:23 am

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Well, maybe she shouldn't have hoped for it to be that easy. Ruta brushed off her offer of assistance, and clearly showed he wasn't ready to trust her yet. Catherine swallowed the bitter anger that was welling up, directed at the man. It didn't help his cause that Catherine's respect for the man was slight enough to blow away in a stiff breeze.

"Look, Ruta, I'm going to be blunt and honest here. I don't think you'd want any other way. I've recovered the legacy of my family. I'm going to use it to keep myself safe, and I really don't have time for your thoughts on the matter. I couldn't care much less about what you intend to allow me to bring on campus. What you allow or don't allow on campus hasn't served me well in the past. So I came here with a guard. There are twelve Sanguine vampires and another creature bound to me here. They will stay with me until I am sure that you haven't let anything that will rip my guts out on campus. That's where I stand, do you have anything to say about it?"
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:38 pm

Well, maybe she shouldn't have hoped for it to be that easy. Ruta brushed off her offer of assistance, and clearly showed he wasn't ready to trust her yet. Catherine swallowed the bitter anger that was welling up, directed at the man. It didn't help his cause that Catherine's respect for the man was slight enough to blow away in a stiff breeze.

"Look, Ruta, I'm going to be blunt and honest here. I don't think you'd want any other way. I've recovered the legacy of my family. I'm going to use it to keep myself safe, and I really don't have time for your thoughts on the matter. I couldn't care much less about what you intend to allow me to bring on campus. What you allow or don't allow on campus hasn't served me well in the past. So I came here with a guard. There are twelve Sanguine vampires and another creature bound to me here. They will stay with me until I am sure that you haven't let anything that will rip my guts out on campus. That's where I stand, do you have anything to say about it?"

Michel and Ruta - All Apologies

Ruta stood with his teeth clenched as Catherine’s lashing. While he was angry at the utter lack of respect, he knew that this response was partially his own fault. More than partially. He had failed to rescue her in time when they were in Paris, and she had never been the same since. Then she had disappeared, and nobody had been able to find her. Now he was reaping what he had sown, somethings that for any other principal no student would ever tolerate. Yet he had been sent here to protect the students, as a Jaegar acting as a principal. He had let Soleil down, and Catherine. He could only stand in silence after her last words echoed in the piercing, icy night air.

Michel knew less about the situation, and was not generally one to de-escalate a situation, but he had now spent a small amount of time around this girl. She was definitely a little suspicious at times, but he had met far worse people. One of those people had married him and then killed him. Catherine was hurting, and as much as she did not like to express it, her rage was laced with indignation at some wrongs done to her. He would have his own questions for Ruta, but right now he needed to keep another fight from happening. He took a step forward, despite being unsteady on his feet.

“...Look, erm...Catherine...I don’t know what’s happened between you and...Ruta...and while...I’ve seen some of the stuff you’ve brought along, and I get it...listen. You can heal up my wounds. They’re not that bad. And Ruta will let you heal his. I’ve given him a hard time and he’s not feeling his best, so let’s settle this with the better possible ending for the three of us, huh?”

He approached, showing her the cuts he had sustained, along with the large gash across his chest. The hissing wind stung his wound, but he just smirked through it. “Just a flesh wound. I’m sure you can patch that up. And I do mean that...”

Now nursing a pounding headache, Ruta went with Michel’s plea and stepped forward. If his students were going to regain their trust in him, he had to show that he would trust them. If she had twelve vampires on campus, she could attempt to kill either of them. If she tried, he would know his trust was misplaced. If not, perhaps they had a chance at a fresh start. “...Michel did quite the number on me. If you wish to heal me, then very well. All I ask about the vampires is that they stand guard at the harbor, if you genuinely do not wish for them to cause harm,” he answered.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:41 pm

"Alright, lets give it a go."

Blood flowed out of Catherine's wrist and swirled in a dome over her hand. Getting to work would help her push out what ever thoughts she had about Ruta at the moment. It would have been nice if she could have focused more on this feature of her magic. The idea of just going around as a miracle doctor allured her since she discovered her magic. But... Fate had other plans. Or maybe her own ambition had poisoned that dream.

"Just put your hands on this. It'll just be a bit of patch work. Get the clots forming, make some short term stitches, get the severed blood vessels tied back together."

Catherine didn't look at Ruta, as she asked her question. "What been up with Ambrosia? How's she doing?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:50 pm

"Alright, lets give it a go."

Blood flowed out of Catherine's wrist and swirled in a dome over her hand. Getting to work would help her push out what ever thoughts she had about Ruta at the moment. It would have been nice if she could have focused more on this feature of her magic. The idea of just going around as a miracle doctor allured her since she discovered her magic. But... Fate had other plans. Or maybe her own ambition had poisoned that dream.

"Just put your hands on this. It'll just be a bit of patch work. Get the clots forming, make some short term stitches, get the severed blood vessels tied back together."

Catherine didn't look at Ruta, as she asked her question. "What been up with Ambrosia? How's she doing?"

Ruta and Michel - Blood and Bones

Ruta awaited Catherine's healing with a little apprehension, as he saw that she was using Blood Magic. He vaguely remembered that she had been capable of some Dark Magic even before the disaster of the Tournament. Ambrosia was proof of that, as she had accidentally turned the girl into a vampire. Leaving her mostly to her own devices, however, seemed to be good for her. The bubbly pink-haired girl had found a change of heart, had found friends, and had even started to form crushes on her classmates. Beside her inability to stay in the sun without an umbrella, and her occasional need to feed, she was a normal teenage Mage. Yet recalling her condition reminded Ruta that his campus was indeed full of students who had experienced Dark Magic, and he sighed. They needed his protection more than anyone, since they had been exposed to such forces.

"You heard her, huh? Put your hands on the dome and it should fix us up. I don't think blood incompatibility is a problem, huh? It is Healing Magic after all."

Michel's joking voice pulled the weary Jaegar back to the present moment, and he followed the Rise Mage's lead and put his hands on the dome. "Right...Ambrosia...Well, she's been quite the...bubbly addition to our campus, as I'm sure you know. She's made friends...and she's improved her Fire Magic. Her Combat skills are still rather flighty, but at the very least she has the guts to keep trying. As for...her condition...I think she has accepted it, as well as the strange horse she now has as a pet. I'm not sure if she decided to put it in her room with this cold, but we do have that stable for our Magical Animal classes...I do hope she did that earlier. If you want to see her, she's hopefully in her dorm in Ignis. I imagine at this late hour that she is asleep."

Ambrosia - Bump in the Night

Indeed, Ambrosia had been sleeping in her room, keeping as warm as possible with the snow falling outside her window. Oliver had helped her to put Penelope in her stable, which the horse seemed to not mind. They had found the creature some hay and had snuck some apples and carrots from the kitchen. Ambrosia had also given the horse one of her blankets, and so now she was sleeping with two layers of fluffy pastel pajamas on her body. She looked like a baby-pink-and-silver faux-fur pillow, snoring away under the covers of the blanket she had kept.

Yet as Catherine had arrived on campus, her comfortable dreams had started to change. She had been dancing with Oliver in the snow, nuzzling his nose and giggling as snowflakes dusted their hair. Now, the gentle snowfall and the pale sky contorted and swirled around them. She blinked, and Oliver vanished. The sky had turned into blood, which poured thicker than paint into the snow. Black shadows rose from the mounds of white, taking the forms of creatures that were almost humanoid. Skeletal, with glowing crimson eyes, jaws that hung by hinges, and ancient obsidian armor. They formed a circle, as if they were preparing to use her in a ritual. Her neck began to pulsate in pain, and she felt the bite-marks in her neck begin to bleed.

"Return to the darkness, this is your heritage..." One skeleton's lipless mouth hissed.

"Return and receive the blessings you deserve..."

"You were not meant to be one of the living, but to rule them..."

"...No...no, no, no...get back..." With one hand on her bleeding neck, Ambrosia summoned her fire-whip. Yet when she cracked it, the skeletons only cackled. Their teeth clacked to make a sinister, bone-chilling music, the tune of the undead calling her to join their army. "Get back...I'm happy now...I DON'T WANT TO JOIN YOU!!! LET ME BE HAPPY!!!"

Ambrosia jumped up in her bed, not sure how loudly she had screamed the last sentence. Her abounding pink locks were a whirlwind around her head and shoulders, and she looked terrified. Taking deep breaths, she stared out her window. As she saw the bleak emptiness of the late night, she pulled the blankets up to her chin. Her eyes ached and her throat was dry, and while she wanted to get out of bed to make some tea, she thought something would jump from under her bed and snatch her away if she did. After some stifled silence, however, she did shift out of her bed and start a quick cup of dessert tea. "...Wh...Why did I...just have such an awful nightmare...Why...is...is she looking for me..." As she sipped her tea, she glanced out the window again, as if she was expecting someone to approach her and ask for her. Time was the only distance between her and Catherine, and she wondered how she would respond to the girl when they met again.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:05 pm

Britanania wrote:Paris, France
Kimiko Taira

Kimiko blinked a few times as her surrounding changed from her dorm room to a hotel in Paris. Transportation via teleportation was something the young woman had never experienced before, and the complete movement was something to behold. She looked around the suite more to get her bearings than anything.

So this really happened, I'm really in Paris.

Kimiko looked out of the window, realising she was in the 1st arrondissement on the Right Bank. She scanned the horizon to confirm and starred at the imposing gothic facade of Notre-Dame de Paris

It's really Paris, she mused. Last time she had been in Paris...

The young woman shook her head, her mind focusing on the mission at hand. She was here for a purpose, to help her classmates. Kimiko turned and noticed that the wolf had indeed brought someone.

"R-Ruby," Kimiko muttered, almost silently as she recognised the magical combat instructor with another wolf, or the same one. Kimiko wasn't entirely sure, and that was the last thing on her mind.

"What do we do now?" she asked.

Ruby and Kimiko - Strangers in Paris

Ruby had sat on the bed and stared out the window at the beautiful scenery, the bustling of the City of Lights, and the grand façade of Notre Dame Cathedral. She had also turned the TV on, and on the news channel was a report on some catastrophe in...Grenoble? “Ah right, the explosion we got warned about...This Fae isn’t expecting Kimiko to help investigate that, is she?...That would be quite dangerous, and far out of her league...” she questioned.

As she sat pondering on the glamorous and complex city, and her equally complex mission, she saw another portal open and blinked at the sight of the young girl tumbling into the room. She rolled onto the floor, only to rise and stare out the same window. Kimiko had finally arrived.

“Welcome, little Kimiko...I see you have made your timely arrival. You are needed now alongside your teacher. And now that you are in France, you will meet with your classmates,” the feminine wolf greeted, as she approached the girl.

“Hey, she just made it here, give her a second to breathe,” Ruby interjected. She then walked over to Kimiko and wiped her shoulder. “You alright?...You took quite a fall. If you want to do something first, though, maybe put on something that’s not pajamas and then we’ll talk more. There’s a bathroom right behind you.” She pointed to the door next to the TV, which led into a medium-sized bathroom. “Then we need to get some room-service and discuss the next step.”
-Alan Jackson

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:49 pm

Paris, France
Kimiko Taira

The young woman winced slightly as Ruby helped her up, partially because she was sore and magically jet-lagged from her cross-continental portal journey, but also the natural instinct of being touched by someone.

"Domo," she said to Ruby, the voice of the wolf prattling in her mind, her thoughts all over the place as they were as Ruby pointed towards the bathroom door. The girl nodded and took her suitcase, dragging it across the marbled floor of the hotel and locking the bathroom behind her. Once she was confident it was secure, Kimiko let out a breath and looked at herself in the mirror, slapping her face a few times and confirming this wasn't a just a perverse dream.

Right, so this is really happening. I'm really in Paris about to go on a quest, she told herself. Kimiko took in another breath and started to disrobe, turning on the hot water to the bath and taking a quick soak as she thought about her next moves.

The wolves and Ruby can probably explain more, but just in case I can keep Clan operatives in Paris and Europe in reserve, in case I need anything, Kimiko thought as she took a few relaxing moments to herself before turning off the water and letting it drain, towelling off and deciding what to wear.

My school uniform is too obvious, she mused. Not the sort of thing to wear for this sort of mission.

Kimiko decided, after putting on her underwear, a black short skirt, knee-high black socks, and black combat boots, accompanied by a white button-down linen shirt and blue necktie and a black, form-fitting blazer she left unbuttoned. The young girl last put on a pair of black glaves before emerging from the restroom and nodded at Ruby.

"Right, where should we start?"
Last edited by Britanania on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Luminesa wrote:The Wolf/Eglantine/Apollinaire - The King’s Peace

Florian watched through his wolf, as Henry absorbed the devastating news and bowed his head. He was young, almost too young to be a warrior. Yet in the Fae’s eyes, nobody was too young to meet their destiny. His wolf sat and listened, and cocked its head as the young Mage spoke of his need to take care of personal affairs. Humans and their many affairs, their connections.

“Yes, you have friends who care for you at this school. Your Soleil is a student I know, and I know he has worried about you. There are other friends as well, I believe. But you do not need to worry-I do not use a cellular device. If you are connected to my former charge, then I will find you without any issues,” the Lavender King spoke through his wolf. As he finished, a bushel of Magic lavender weaved its way out of the ground, rising just below Henry’s knee. “Should you require my assistance in any form, you may use this. You also have a friend who will join you in France. May your journey and your battle be a successful one.”

The wolf walked away, before vanishing with the glow of the sunlight at the opening of the cold alley. The lavender remained, with its faint, sweet smell and odd glitter. Silence remained for a few moments before Henry walked inside. As he walked back into the he hospital, however, he began to hear the sound of tears. Happy tears.

“YOU’RE ALIVE! YOU’RE ALIVE!”

“Uh...ugh...Eglantine...” Apollinaire had rejoined the waking world, after a superhuman effort. His eyes creaked open a crack, and his daughter almost dove to embrace him. He wrapped a weak arm around her shoulder as it began to shake. “...Hey...not too hard...”

Eglantine could not help herself. Her father’s sudden awakening had interrupted the dull blur of time that came with waiting, and now she could only rejoice that her prayers to...something...had been answered. She began to sob, and those sobs became more pronounced as her mother came to pat her shoulder and to stroke her husband’s hair.

Calxite turned to Apollinaire, her own calm face etched with relief. “Welcome back, dear...”

Apollinaire have a weak chuckle. “...Thanks...ugh...I feel like...jet lag...When’s the last time we were on a plane...” He was still a bit dazed, and yet his hand still clutched his daughter’s back, as if she was anchoring him to life. “...My heart’s working though...how’s...the arm...” Before his daughter could try to cough an answer, he looked over and realized there was not a second arm with which he could hug her. He could not use the other arm to grab Calixte’s hand, though his brain told him that he wanted to feel it. His smile crinkled, and he looked up at his wife. “...Wipe my eyes, will you?...I’m...sorry...”

She nodded, and dabbed his eyes with a tissue. “...You have nothing to be sorry for...” she murmured, giving a gentle smile, “...You’re alive...that’s all that matters...”

When Henry entered the room, Eglantine was still hugging her father. Apollinaire had closed his eyes and was rubbing her back to console her. Calxite remained by his side, and was the first to notice Henry when he entered. She gave a polite smile and nod, and then listened as he gave the awful news. A member of the International Committee was dead, and Blanchefleur’s wicked name made its appearance once again. Her very name poisoned the air, and Eglantine lifted her head with a perturbed expression. Apollinaire grimaced, both due to hearing her name and due to his missing arm. Yet if this news was correct, they indeed needed to move quickly.

“...Are we...going to fight Aunt Blanchy??...” Eglantine asked, trying to compose herself. Even with her moments of joy, she still had to remember that the war was not yet over.

“...What sort of security shall you give us?...My husband is going to need rest for at least another few days...You mentioned a Lady Sarah?...This would be...Von Kressel?” Though Calixte was not close to any Von Kressel nobles, she knew of Sarah’s name, which occasionally spread when large balls and meetings convened. She was quite the energetic Mage and always eager to fight. “...Can we...trust this woman to keep us safe until we can join the fight?”

Henry von Kressel

"Yes, Sarah is Lady Sarah von Kressel, pardon me... took to calling her by name only, since she is my aunt after all. If she doesn't come personally, given she's at Salzburg right now, there'll be a group of mages, vassals to her or her brother, along with armed security to make sure you recover properly here, until you are ready - if comfortable - to come to Salzburg. You'll be accompanied by my mother, who won't bother you at all, I presume.

And if she comes personally here, and by any chance if you face Blanchefleur's minions... then God may have mercy on her minions, because I'd hate to see my aunt angry at them. And monsieur Apollinaire, I am sorry for your arm, but glad that you are alive. Eglantine seems to... like you a lot, I'd say."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 pm

Kimiko Taira

The young woman winced slightly as Ruby helped her up, partially because she was sore and magically jet-lagged from her cross-continental portal journey, but also the natural instinct of being touched by someone.

"Domo," she said to Ruby, the voice of the wolf prattling in her mind, her thoughts all over the place as they were as Ruby pointed towards the bathroom door. The girl nodded and took her suitcase, dragging it across the marbled floor of the hotel and locking the bathroom behind her. Once she was confident it was secure, Kimiko let out a breath and looked at herself in the mirror, slapping her face a few times and confirming this wasn't a just a perverse dream.

Right, so this is really happening. I'm really in Paris about to go on a quest, she told herself. Kimiko took in another breath and started to disrobe, turning on the hot water to the bath and taking a quick soak as she thought about her next moves.

The wolves and Ruby can probably explain more, but just in case I can keep Clan operatives in Paris and Europe in reserve, in case I need anything, Kimiko thought as she took a few relaxing moments to herself before turning off the water and letting it drain, towelling off and deciding what to wear.

My school uniform is too obvious, she mused. Not the sort of thing to wear for this sort of mission.

Kimiko decided, after putting on her underwear, a black short skirt, black combat boots, and knee-high black socks, accompanied by a white button and blue necktie and a black, form-fitting blazer she left unbuttoned. The young girl last put on a pair of black glaves before emerging from the restroom and nodded at Ruby.

Ruby and Kimiko - Transcontinental Flight

Ruby could tell that Kimiko was anxious. She had no idea why a Fae had chosen a young girl for this trip, when she had never fought someone as powerful as Blanchefleur Rise. She rushed to the bathroom as soon as she got to her feet, and the Jaegar sighed. "I have no idea what you Fae are planning for us to do, but if you're wanting me to bring her along, you better have a plan if I can't protect her," she thought, as she stared down at the light-furred wolf sitting at the edge of the bed. She then called to Kimiko, before walking to get room service. "Take your time! Once you've got some food in your stomach you'll feel better," she assured her.

When Kimiko came out of the bathroom some twenty minutes later, she would smell the colorful aromas of a hot breakfast. Room service had brought seasonal fruits, croissants with butter, some cheese, and strong coffee for each of them. Ruby had already sat on her bed to eat, and she waved her fork at the student while she arrived. "...There you are. Hope you're feeling better. Come eat, we need to talk about where we're heading next." She knew that the student probably felt awkward eating with her teacher in a hotel room, far from the normal schedule and barriers of her campus, but they had a mission and had to deal with the strange circumstances as gracefully as they could.

As she took a sip of her coffee, the Jaegar blinked and gave a look to the TV, which was still discussing the explosion outside of Grenoble. Now the TV was showing footage from the first rumbles the people felt in Grenoble itself, their terror and rush to get away from the epicenter. "It looks like we're going to meet one of your classmates in Grenoble, and then everyone is heading together to go find our target. If they're in Grenoble investigating...whatever just happened there...chances are we have the same person in mind," she explained.

Eglantine and Family

"I have...a lot of apologizing to do to...my daughter, for not giving her...a childhood..." Apollinaire responded, giving Eglantine a weary-but-doting look. "...Maybe...once this...is all over...maybe...we'll be able to...finally be normal...no more Dark Magic and...demons and...whatnot..." He was obviously still exhausted, and needed his rest, but he wanted to continue hugging Eglantine with his one remaining arm. He was terrified to let her go, to let her face her wicked aunt who could cause her to suffer the same fate...or worse. He squeezed her as hard as his arm would allow, and smiled at her as she stood to dab her eyes.

Calixte listened to Henry's plans, still uncertain about trusting Henry's aunt and mother whom she did not know. However, when he made a mention of giving both her husband and herself a group of armed guards to protect them, she did find herself breathing some relief. Apollinaire could not get up and fight in his condition, and if they were attacked, she would have had to fight Blanchefleur's minions alone. "...If Lady Von Kressel is indeed as danger as you say she is, then I am quite glad that she is on...our side."

Using the term "our" felt strange, given she was not used to having allies outside of her family, never mind from within her family. She was the middle child of the Rise children, not as vicious as Blanchefleur, as pretty as Solaine, or as graceful as Lorelei once was. Her family had never regarded her needs as much as any of theirs. Now, she had people who promised to defend her and her family-her husband, her daughter, and herself. If she was perhaps a more emotional individual, she would have cried. Yet she instead decided to crack a small, grateful smile for Henry. "...If...we can actually defeat her...you'll have made a world of a difference for us...and for others...You don't even want to know what she did to my oldest sister, never mind what she almost did to us...but...that's a horror story we don't need right now, unless you're morbidly curious..." she explained.
-Alan Jackson

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:56 pm

Paris, France
Kimiko Taira

Kimiko approached the table with the array of French breakfast goods set up for her and Ruby. In truth, the young woman wasn't particularly hungry, but she couldn't appear rude, especially not to her teacher and so Kimiko sat down at the table and put her hands together, as if in prayer.

"Itadakimasu," she said in a low voice, bowing slightly before she let go of her hands and politely went for a croissant and some black coffee, no added cream or sugar.

Kimiko noticed as she slowly ate that Ruby's attention was focused on the news broadcast. Kimiko didn't speak French, but she gathered that it was about the explosion in Grenoble--an explosion she knew was deeply rooted in her being in France at the moment.

There is nothing you can see that is not a flower; there is nothing you can think that is not the moon, she thought before Ruby explained their immediate course of action. Kimiko slowly put down her cup of coffee.

"The Black Witch of House Rise?" she asked. "Lady Blanchefleur?"

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:43 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kimiko Taira

Kimiko decided, after putting on her underwear, a black short skirt, black combat boots, and knee-high black socks, accompanied by a white button and blue necktie and a black, form-fitting blazer she left unbuttoned. The young girl last put on a pair of black glaves before emerging from the restroom and nodded at Ruby.

Ruby and Kimiko - Transcontinental Flight

Ruby could tell that Kimiko was anxious. She had no idea why a Fae had chosen a young girl for this trip, when she had never fought someone as powerful as Blanchefleur Rise. She rushed to the bathroom as soon as she got to her feet, and the Jaegar sighed. "I have no idea what you Fae are planning for us to do, but if you're wanting me to bring her along, you better have a plan if I can't protect her," she thought, as she stared down at the light-furred wolf sitting at the edge of the bed. She then called to Kimiko, before walking to get room service. "Take your time! Once you've got some food in your stomach you'll feel better," she assured her.

When Kimiko came out of the bathroom some twenty minutes later, she would smell the colorful aromas of a hot breakfast. Room service had brought seasonal fruits, croissants with butter, some cheese, and strong coffee for each of them. Ruby had already sat on her bed to eat, and she waved her fork at the student while she arrived. "...There you are. Hope you're feeling better. Come eat, we need to talk about where we're heading next." She knew that the student probably felt awkward eating with her teacher in a hotel room, far from the normal schedule and barriers of her campus, but they had a mission and had to deal with the strange circumstances as gracefully as they could.

As she took a sip of her coffee, the Jaegar blinked and gave a look to the TV, which was still discussing the explosion outside of Grenoble. Now the TV was showing footage from the first rumbles the people felt in Grenoble itself, their terror and rush to get away from the epicenter. "It looks like we're going to meet one of your classmates in Grenoble, and then everyone is heading together to go find our target. If they're in Grenoble investigating...whatever just happened there...chances are we have the same person in mind," she explained.

Eglantine and Family

"I have...a lot of apologizing to do to...my daughter, for not giving her...a childhood..." Apollinaire responded, giving Eglantine a weary-but-doting look. "...Maybe...once this...is all over...maybe...we'll be able to...finally be normal...no more Dark Magic and...demons and...whatnot..." He was obviously still exhausted, and needed his rest, but he wanted to continue hugging Eglantine with his one remaining arm. He was terrified to let her go, to let her face her wicked aunt who could cause her to suffer the same fate...or worse. He squeezed her as hard as his arm would allow, and smiled at her as she stood to dab her eyes.

Calixte listened to Henry's plans, still uncertain about trusting Henry's aunt and mother whom she did not know. However, when he made a mention of giving both her husband and herself a group of armed guards to protect them, she did find herself breathing some relief. Apollinaire could not get up and fight in his condition, and if they were attacked, she would have had to fight Blanchefleur's minions alone. "...If Lady Von Kressel is indeed as danger as you say she is, then I am quite glad that she is on...our side."

Using the term "our" felt strange, given she was not used to having allies outside of her family, never mind from within her family. She was the middle child of the Rise children, not as vicious as Blanchefleur, as pretty as Solaine, or as graceful as Lorelei once was. Her family had never regarded her needs as much as any of theirs. Now, she had people who promised to defend her and her family-her husband, her daughter, and herself. If she was perhaps a more emotional individual, she would have cried. Yet she instead decided to crack a small, grateful smile for Henry. "...If...we can actually defeat her...you'll have made a world of a difference for us...and for others...You don't even want to know what she did to my oldest sister, never mind what she almost did to us...but...that's a horror story we don't need right now, unless you're morbidly curious..." she explained.

Henry von Kressel

It was clear that the Rise - at least the ones present in the hospital - were somewhere between relieved and surprised. Relieved, as they now knew they had allies, and surprised, as they now knew they had allies. It seemed uncommon for them to find support that didn't come with a pack of spiders or lies in some degree, and certainly the experience with her oldest sister left scars in her worldview.

"I'll admit that I am curious, however I firmly believe that indulging myself in that curiosity isn't the most appropriate to do right now, given how your husband is still recovering and he could use better news and stories than the ones spinning around Blanchefleur's tendency to sadism, which is why I will politely decline your offer, madame Calixte. If you don't mind, I need to send a photo of you two to my aunt so she can find you both here, since she doesn't know how you look like. Excuse me for a little bit, I will... focus on you, since I believe your husband deserves to be seen under better conditions in a photo."

Taking off his phone, he took a photo of Calixte and sent it to Sarah, before calling her and explaining the story: of how Eglantine's parents were found, what happened to Blanchefleur's castle, the state of affairs and how they needed help. Excited screams and calm whispers could be heard through the phone as Henry answered his aunt's questions.

"Well... it is done, Sarah will be here, personally, with her security in a few hours. She said she couldn't pass the chance of meeting your parents, Eglantine. She also asked if you are eating properly, which shows she is clearly worried about your nutrition as well. Lady Calixte, my aunt might be a little bit... peculiar, but she's a nice person that will safely escort you to Salzburg.

Eglantine, I am afraid that we need to leave now while these ashes can cover our tracks. Take your time, if you need and want to, to talk to your parents before we depart to Vienna. Madame Calixte, monsieur Apollinaire, even under such circumstances, it was a pleasure to meet you. May we meet again under more favorable circumstances to us all."

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:44 pm

Catherine didn't really know what to think about Ambrosia. She had a link with the other girl, but had avoided using it at all. Still, with the towers reactivated, there's no way Ambrosia didn't feel something about it. Catherine just didn't know enough about how she would be effected. The library of the Towers was incomplete, and she hadn't much time to study what was there anyway. She could try interrogating the Bloodknights still bound there, but it was hard to say how reliable there answers would be, with their wills as bent as they were. She didn't even know what kind of effect just trying to talk to Ambrosia would have. Would her words be interpreted like they were by the Bloodknights, as absolute commands? Yet, Catherine wasn't even sure what she would do if she could have a conversation with Ambrosia. The girl would certainly want to be freed, but Catherine had neither the will or the ability to do that. What ever her life was now, it didn't change that Catherine felt the girl deserving of punishment. She had be a co-conspirator with the others that had nearly killed her, and she was not going to be let run of her leash just yet. Catherine pushed Ambrosia out of her mind for now, pursing her lips and letting out a "pffft" of a sign, getting ready to do the work ahead of her with the injured men.

"Well, blood incompatibility shouldn't be any kind of issue, though I don't know what I could do with someone like Rabbit, how much his 'blood' would react to my magic. Honestly, I'd like to know, but I'm not going to go about trying to find out on my own."

The work on the two was simple, but it was good to focus on removing a bit of pain from the world. This was one of the few acts she had committed in the last few months that she could honestly call an unambiguously good act. She still hadn't sought any news about her attack on the Rise. Regret pushed against her and nearly broke her concentration thinking of that. Sure it was a blow against that hated house. But she saw the flash and the smoke, the dust, as they had come to land. She didn't want to it look up and learn that she had killed a thousand people. A million people. Anyone. It was rash, a stupid action. But... The work, she had to focus on her work again.

Simple work. Blood washed in and out of the cuts a few times, new structures and repairs in cycles. The skin pulled together, blood stopped flowing out of veins and arteries in to contusions. Longer lasting spells to hold, the blood itself being turned into short lived sutures and stitches. She didn't know enough to generate analgesic drugs from the blood, so the work wasn't painless. She knew that well. But the cuts were stitched up, far more evenly and surreptitiously than mundane stitches. Bruises faded before they could even start to truly bloom.

"Well, it's a patch job, but unless you really want me mucking around inside you, that's all you'll get. You know, when I got to the towers, one of the first things I looked for was their medical library. Maybe it got destroyed, but what I could find was garbage. Maybe that says something about my ancestors. Think they might have been assholes."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:24 pm

Catherine didn't really know what to think about Ambrosia. She had a link with the other girl, but had avoided using it at all. Still, with the towers reactivated, there's no way Ambrosia didn't feel something about it. Catherine just didn't know enough about how she would be effected. The library of the Towers was incomplete, and she hadn't much time to study what was there anyway. She could try interrogating the Bloodknights still bound there, but it was hard to say how reliable there answers would be, with their wills as bent as they were. She didn't even know what kind of effect just trying to talk to Ambrosia would have. Would her words be interpreted like they were by the Bloodknights, as absolute commands? Yet, Catherine wasn't even sure what she would do if she could have a conversation with Ambrosia. The girl would certainly want to be freed, but Catherine had neither the will or the ability to do that. What ever her life was now, it didn't change that Catherine felt the girl deserving of punishment. She had be a co-conspirator with the others that had nearly killed her, and she was not going to be let run of her leash just yet. Catherine pushed Ambrosia out of her mind for now, pursing her lips and letting out a "pffft" of a sign, getting ready to do the work ahead of her with the injured men.

"Well, blood incompatibility shouldn't be any kind of issue, though I don't know what I could do with someone like Rabbit, how much his 'blood' would react to my magic. Honestly, I'd like to know, but I'm not going to go about trying to find out on my own."

The work on the two was simple, but it was good to focus on removing a bit of pain from the world. This was one of the few acts she had committed in the last few months that she could honestly call an unambiguously good act. She still hadn't sought any news about her attack on the Rise. Regret pushed against her and nearly broke her concentration thinking of that. Sure it was a blow against that hated house. But she saw the flash and the smoke, the dust, as they had come to land. She didn't want to it look up and learn that she had killed a thousand people. A million people. Anyone. It was rash, a stupid action. But... The work, she had to focus on her work again.

Simple work. Blood washed in and out of the cuts a few times, new structures and repairs in cycles. The skin pulled together, blood stopped flowing out of veins and arteries in to contusions. Longer lasting spells to hold, the blood itself being turned into short lived sutures and stitches. She didn't know enough to generate analgesic drugs from the blood, so the work wasn't painless. She knew that well. But the cuts were stitched up, far more evenly and surreptitiously than mundane stitches. Bruises faded before they could even start to truly bloom.

"Well, it's a patch job, but unless you really want me mucking around inside you, that's all you'll get. You know, when I got to the towers, one of the first things I looked for was their medical library. Maybe it got destroyed, but what I could find was garbage. Maybe that says something about my ancestors. Think they might have been assholes."

Ruta and Michel - A Tower of Secrets

Both men had their wounds cleaned, and without much fuss from Catherine as her Magic worked. Almost like dialysis, it made both men feel a little drained for some time, only to refresh them as their wounds began to heal. Michel responded with a smirk. “Yeah he got his hand messed-up and yet apparently it’s partially-healed? Being a Dark Mana Being would explain that. Though I’ve never seen one regenerate part of their limbs. They’re not...that common...He’s a fun sort, though. But um...if he can regenerate his wounds then I wouldn’t worry too much. How often does he get himself hurt?”

“Often enough...” Ruta responded. Rabbit had run to the front lines of every fight they had dealt with, even the bar fight in Paris. When they had fought Solaine and her partner, he had almost lost his arm then. He had not seen Rabbit’s hand, though Ruby supposedly had. He had not asked her how it looked, though now he was morbidly curious. Yet as he was thinking about it, more questions came to his mind.

Catherine had made an offhand mention of a tower. A tower with tons of books, apparently, and an ancient history. Ruta raised an eyebrow. “...You said...you got...towers? Or a tower?...Catherine, did you happen to find something you’d like to talk about?...After all...you’ve brought vampires onto the island...and you’re still connected to Ambrosia...Is there...something else I need to know about?...” His voice hid the exasperation of having to process so much information at once, all while wounded and in need of rest. Had he been expecting for Catherine to bring so much to Mana, he would have tried to be more understanding and alert, but now he just wanted to know what he needed to watch.

In the meantime, Michel did not answer anything for her. He wondered if she had meant to divulge such information on purpose, since she had no problem mentioning the vampire servants she had brought. However, he was still bound to his oath, and did not want to test what would happen if he broke it now. If she did start to threaten the island, however, he would have to find a loophole. But...she doesn’t need her trust betrayed anymore than it’s been, I’m sure...
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:18 am

Kimiko Taira

Kimiko approached the table with the array of French breakfast goods set up for her and Ruby. In truth, the young woman wasn't particularly hungry, but she couldn't appear rude, especially not to her teacher and so Kimiko sat down at the table and put her hands together, as if in prayer.

"Itadakimasu," she said in a low voice, bowing slightly before she let go of her hands and politely went for a croissant and some black coffee, no added cream or sugar.

Kimiko noticed as she slowly ate that Ruby's attention was focused on the news broadcast. Kimiko didn't speak French, but she gathered that it was about the explosion in Grenoble--an explosion she knew was deeply rooted in her being in France at the moment.

There is nothing you can see that is not a flower; there is nothing you can think that is not the moon, she thought before Ruby explained their immediate course of action. Kimiko slowly put down her cup of coffee.

"The Black Witch of House Rise?" she asked. "Lady Blanchefleur?"

Ruby and Kimiko - Breakfast at Ruby’s

Ruby nodded, her expression grave and knowing. “The very one. Unfortunately she has decided to start stretching her dark shadow over the rest of Europe,” she answered, as she ate a piece of fruit. She was glad to see Kimiko eat, as she knew the girl was nervous. The news broadcast about the explosion in Grenoble did not seem to help, and her eyes were glued to the screen. Yet Ruby knew that no matter what, the events were plastered in the brains of everyone who saw the news this morning on this side of the world.

“We’re going to meet with your friends, it seems, and go to fight her. From Grenoble to...wherever she has decided to hide. If she is in France, which is likely, we’ll have to search for her around the country. Though...a member of the International Committee has reportedly also just died, that was on the news while you were in the bathroom...too much awful news this morning...” Ruby continued, as she took a sip of her coffee. The perky bitterness of the cup only made her sour stomach feel more uncomfortable, and she added a little cream to it.

“And if she attacked a member of the Committee...she may be in Austria. Which means she might go after the parents of one of your classmates as well. The Abendroths. Or she may go after Henry’s family...Whatever she plans to do next, we need to be prepared. And that means finding your friends. I’m sure our...canine companions must know where they are?...”

Ruby gave the lean wolf sitting by the couch a questioning look, and the creature nodded its head. Somehow these Fae knew how to find everyone. They had to have a common connection to someone aside from the Fae, unless they were omniscient. “...We’ll eat, and then we’ll get going. Do you have any questions before we go? It’s going to be a long and tense ride...and then a rather miserable fight. But if you’re here, then hopefully you can handle it. And if not...that is why we’re going to all be fighting together.”

She tried to give her best encouraging smile. Kimiko was a bright, eager young girl. Perhaps she would be wrong to push her away from her moment of glory, but she could not help but wonder on the judgment of these Fae...
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:07 pm

Paris, France
Kimiko Taira

Kimiko put down her half-eaten croissant, taking in what Ruby was telling her. If she was right--and the young woman had little doubt that Ruby was exaggerating their plight--than this would certainly be a challenge.

If anything, Kimiko used, taking her eyes off of the television set and looking down at her cup of coffee, Ruby is downplaying the danger we're walking into.

"Ichinan satte mata itinan," she recited in a low voice, before finishing her coffee and pastry and putting her gloves back on and standing up.

"If the situation is as you say," Kimiko spoke slowly and precisely, looking over at the wolves, "then we do not have time to waste."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:31 pm

Henry/Eglantine/Kimiko/Ruby - Convergent Roads

"Oh please, no, hey. Listen..." Apollinaire attempted to sit upright in the bed, still woozy from painkillers. He gave a sluggish grin, one indicating he was alive, even though his return from the grave was not a clean one. "Hey...look, I'm not that bad-looking...tell your aunt to bring a hook for my...other hand...I can be Captain Hook..." He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, and Calixte could only shake her head at him. He was clearly devastated over the loss of his arm, but she did not want to break his good spirits and just gave him a sad smile.

Calixte then nodded to Henry, a little confused but appreciative of his efforts. She watched him call his aunt and explain everything that had happened, and she tried to manage her anxiety by sitting next to her husband's bed and stroking his remaining hand. Even if she could not hear what Sarah was saying, she sounded like a very animated person, and Eglantine's mother was not sure how she would handle this stranger's presence. Yet any defense was better than none, and she had few allies she could trust. I might as well trust the allies I can get, however strange they might sound... she conceded.

Eglantine already knew what shenanigans would follow Lady Sarah, and she winced as she heard the woman yell over the phone, causing Henry to have to distance the phone from his ear. She gave her mother a knowing look, as if she already knew their personalities might clash. However, her former tutor and her mother were both powerful Mages who hated Blanchefleur, and she knew that even if they were like water and oil, they would find a way to get along. "Oh, uhhhh...well, you should have told her that I've been cooking for you the past couple days, only because I wanted to practice. I've been...missing having my own place where I can just cook whenever I want..." she explained, with a smirk.

"You got an apartment?!" Apollinaire exclaimed.

"Yeah. In Barcelona. It's still there, I'm sure they're gonna ask me to make payments soon...but this is more important. I can take a late notice if we get to save the world first," she answered. She stood and hugged both of her parents tightly, knowing she might not see them for some time. "I'm going to make sure Lady Sarah sends a lot of updates...She'll take good care of both of you," she murmured, giving her mother and father both extra pats on the back as she embraced them. She stifled a sniff as she pulled away from her parents and walked out of the room toward Henry. A cry rose in her throat, but she swallowed it and squared her shoulders. She would be a good soldier, and for the winning team.

Meanwhile, in Paris itself, Ruby agreed that she and Kimiko had little time to waste. She finished her plate and carefully tossed all of the trash, and then stared at the wolf watching them from the doorway. They needed to go, and soon. "...Well, you're the one taking us on our USO Tour, aren't you? Take us to our next stop," she muttered to the wolf.

"Sardonic humor. Very well, I shall take you to meet your compatriots in Austria, and then we shall go to our destination." A portal opened near the wolf, awaiting the two women and their crossing.

Ruby moved first, a little hesitant but hopeful. As she moved across the threshold, her feet seemed to glide through the air with no ground in sight. She then found herself on the other side...near a sports car in Grenoble. When she landed, with her feet hitting hard and uneven cobblestones, she would see Henry and Eglantine awaiting them. She looked back to check for Kimiko, and then turned to face her student as he approached his car. "...Henry!" she called to her student. "So that's why we landed in Grenoble. Can I take a good guess that you're headed to find the Wicked Witch?"
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:17 pm

"Took a trip to Romania, managed to find some stuff my family left behind. Uhh, might be best to leave that out if you're still talking to your old friends. Don't know how well people would start reacting if a bunch of relics thought lost from my family started popping up again."

Catherine left out the people she had killed there. She couldn't deny the temptation to stay there, take the post of some noble scion in her families home country. Slide right into the vacuum of power the mage she executed left behind. Ioan had sent here a few messages, but it was hard to say how things would shake out after she left, and what she had left in her wake.

"You know, the magic community in Bucharest is a mess. No big family there. Not a lot to keep order. Nearly made me think my families problems might have been worth it. Then I look at the vampires again. Pushes that idea out of me real quick."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:19 pm

Paris, France, late Grenoble
Kimiko Taira

Kimiko did not protest as Ruby agreed that they needed to move quickly, the young woman glancing over to the wolf in a vain attempt at reading its thoughts before the portal opened, opening a threshold to the next part of her journey. She noticed Ruby's own hesitant approach to the portal before crossing through, but as Kimiko rose and neared the portal there was no reluctance.

Beyond this doorway is my future, and the future of my clan, Kimiko reminded herself as she stepped through, finding herself on a busy street in the alpine city. The shocked of such quick transportation made the girl feel somewhat sick, but she put on a brave face as she followed Ruby as she greeted Henry. Kimiko remained silent, watching her fellow student intently and gauging the threat level.

Wicked Witch, no doubt she means his aunt, she mused, keeping her wits about her, waiting for the nearest sign of trouble.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:34 pm

"Took a trip to Romania, managed to find some stuff my family left behind. Uhh, might be best to leave that out if you're still talking to your old friends. Don't know how well people would start reacting if a bunch of relics thought lost from my family started popping up again."

Catherine left out the people she had killed there. She couldn't deny the temptation to stay there, take the post of some noble scion in her families home country. Slide right into the vacuum of power the mage she executed left behind. Ioan had sent here a few messages, but it was hard to say how things would shake out after she left, and what she had left in her wake.

"You know, the magic community in Bucharest is a mess. No big family there. Not a lot to keep order. Nearly made me think my families problems might have been worth it. Then I look at the vampires again. Pushes that idea out of me real quick."

Ruta and Michel - Buried Curses

Ruta did not like the sound of the “trip” Catherine had taken. That trip seemed to involve bringing back powerful Dark Magic, and Catherine was not privy to giving details. He eyed her with a little suspicion as she healed him, but she had at least not killed him yet. Perhaps it’s a good sign that she’s not attacking me...though I may have to sleep with one eye open for some time...not that doing so is unusual, he pondered.

As she mentioned his “friends”, the old Jaegar cleared his throat. “While I’m sure they would be flattered to be called ‘friends’, most of us are...not the best of company...” he answered, giving Michel a sidelong glance. Somehow, one of the crazier Jaegars was an exception. “...But if you’re wondering whether or not I’m going to mention you to them, well...given you’ve not told me much about the trip, anything that happens...does not necessarily trace back to you. Provided no students on campus are harmed, anyhow.” He spoke carefully, wanting to attempt to earn her trust while still upholding the law.

“Yeaaaah you never know when someone might have impaling in the brain, if you get what I mean,” Michel suggested with a grin. When Ruta gave him another sidelong glance of exasperation, he simply snickered. “Bucharest has good food though, I gotta say. Who knows, if we go back we can make sure Ruta has some.”

“I’ve been to Bucharest. In fact, I’ve been to most of Europe,” the Jaegar responded to him.

Michel nodded. “Alright. Alright. Just making sure. But yeah...I’m not sure if Blanchefleur is threatening to do anything about that mess, but I think she’s preoccupied with France. I’m back here to make sure she doesn’t send anything toward the Academy, and I imagine that between the three of us and the rest of your school, we can probably kill anything she sends our way.” With that statement he turned to both Mages and gave a confident smile. He never thought he would be someone to try and try and heal a broken relationship between a disgruntled student and a cynical Jaegar, but someone had to try.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:03 pm

Luminesa wrote:Henry/Eglantine/Kimiko/Ruby - Convergent Roads

"Oh please, no, hey. Listen..." Apollinaire attempted to sit upright in the bed, still woozy from painkillers. He gave a sluggish grin, one indicating he was alive, even though his return from the grave was not a clean one. "Hey...look, I'm not that bad-looking...tell your aunt to bring a hook for my...other hand...I can be Captain Hook..." He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, and Calixte could only shake her head at him. He was clearly devastated over the loss of his arm, but she did not want to break his good spirits and just gave him a sad smile.

Calixte then nodded to Henry, a little confused but appreciative of his efforts. She watched him call his aunt and explain everything that had happened, and she tried to manage her anxiety by sitting next to her husband's bed and stroking his remaining hand. Even if she could not hear what Sarah was saying, she sounded like a very animated person, and Eglantine's mother was not sure how she would handle this stranger's presence. Yet any defense was better than none, and she had few allies she could trust. I might as well trust the allies I can get, however strange they might sound... she conceded.

Eglantine already knew what shenanigans would follow Lady Sarah, and she winced as she heard the woman yell over the phone, causing Henry to have to distance the phone from his ear. She gave her mother a knowing look, as if she already knew their personalities might clash. However, her former tutor and her mother were both powerful Mages who hated Blanchefleur, and she knew that even if they were like water and oil, they would find a way to get along. "Oh, uhhhh...well, you should have told her that I've been cooking for you the past couple days, only because I wanted to practice. I've been...missing having my own place where I can just cook whenever I want..." she explained, with a smirk.

"You got an apartment?!" Apollinaire exclaimed.

"Yeah. In Barcelona. It's still there, I'm sure they're gonna ask me to make payments soon...but this is more important. I can take a late notice if we get to save the world first," she answered. She stood and hugged both of her parents tightly, knowing she might not see them for some time. "I'm going to make sure Lady Sarah sends a lot of updates...She'll take good care of both of you," she murmured, giving her mother and father both extra pats on the back as she embraced them. She stifled a sniff as she pulled away from her parents and walked out of the room toward Henry. A cry rose in her throat, but she swallowed it and squared her shoulders. She would be a good soldier, and for the winning team.

Meanwhile, in Paris itself, Ruby agreed that she and Kimiko had little time to waste. She finished her plate and carefully tossed all of the trash, and then stared at the wolf watching them from the doorway. They needed to go, and soon. "...Well, you're the one taking us on our USO Tour, aren't you? Take us to our next stop," she muttered to the wolf.

"Sardonic humor. Very well, I shall take you to meet your compatriots in Austria, and then we shall go to our destination." A portal opened near the wolf, awaiting the two women and their crossing.

Ruby moved first, a little hesitant but hopeful. As she moved across the threshold, her feet seemed to glide through the air with no ground in sight. She then found herself on the other side...near a sports car in Grenoble. When she landed, with her feet hitting hard and uneven cobblestones, she would see Henry and Eglantine awaiting them. She looked back to check for Kimiko, and then turned to face her student as he approached his car. "...Henry!" she called to her student. "So that's why we landed in Grenoble. Can I take a good guess that you're headed to find the Wicked Witch?"

Henry von Kressel

The image of departure surely was one that Henry didn't like to see. Sometimes it seemed that his life wouldn't go back to the calmer days at Mana, without him moving around Europe constantly in search of the biggest threat faced by the maigcal world in years. Eglantine held her parents closely, relieved and worried at the same time: relieved as both parties met the closure they desperately needed, and worried because once again, their lives were at risk. Eglantine was alive, they were alive and the hope of better days to come was one they now could afford, as a family, and that was a hope they would fight to keep alive.

"Monsieur Apollinaire, madame Calixte, once again, even if the circumstance were more than adverse, I am happy to meet you all. My aunt will be here in the next hours and despite her... enthusiasm I assure you that she is worried with your well-being and will spare no efforts to keep you safe. I will be in touch in the next days, so will Eglantine I believe."

As they walked out of the hospital, as Henry's eyes kept trying to imagine what was going on inside Eglantine's head, a familiar voice called out to him.

"Professor Ruby! Under normal circumstances I'd ask how you reached this place, but I will just assume this as a normal occasion give my recent encounters. But yes, we are on her trail after some discoveries. Is everything alright at Mana? Do you need our assistance?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:39 pm

Into the Spider's Web

Eglantine was very confused to see the two new Mages staring back at her. They had fallen through a portal, almost in broad daylight, and had approached without warning. She would have moved into a fighting stance, but Henry seemed to recognize them. When he spoke to them with a calm, personable voice, she relaxed and fixed her jacket around her shoulders. "...Um...hi," she greeted, hoping she did not seem too hostile for a moment. "I'm Eglantine Rise. Henry's...friend."

Ruby raised an eyebrow at the blonde standing next to Henry. She was still surprised that another Rise beside Soleil was capable of good deeds, but Eglantine remained as she was, stately and only a little flustered. "...Well then. Glad to have you along. As for our mission..." She nodded to her student. "Yes. Well...we managed to get here through Magical means, I'm sure you've noticed that already. I've been summoned for...special work, and Kimiko has decided to come along to help. With the Headmaster's permission. Unfortunately it seems that this battlefront knows no age barrier, but when has war ever cared about youth?" She gave a sardonic chuckle, one that caused Eglantine to give her a worried look.

"...I'm going to guess that special work is for my aunt, right?" she inquired to the professor. Only then did she notice Kimiko, as Professor Ruby mentioned her. "And I'm going to guess you're one of Henry's classmates."

"That she is, and yes, the work has to do with...Lady Rise..." Professor Ruby muttered. The conversation was awkward, but necessary. "Mana Academy is safe, but only for the moment. If you haven't been informed, Lady Holstein has been murdered, most likely by an assassin of Lady Rise. We're going to be heading to Paris to deal with the matter. Some concern has arisen that she might be looking for her son, who...is somehow back from the dead...or for Soleil."

Eglantine felt her mouth grow cold, and as she swallowed she thought she had digested paste. She felt sick inside. If Lady Blanchefleur managed to find Soleil, oh the things she would do to torture him. "We have no time to waste then! All four of us have a job to do. We'll talk about what we found here along the way," she explained. As she spoke, she noticed the slim, light-furred wolf walking from behind the professor and student. "...Eh?..."

"Ah. Humans. Very good. You need fast transportation to go to Paris, don't you?" Henry would recognize that the wolf's telepathic voice was similar to that of the gruffer creature with whom he had interacted.

Ruby nodded. "Ah, right. This...was our transportation. Apparently these wolves have come from the Faewylds...and they have come to aid us against the Wicked Witch of the West," she explained with a dry smirk. The wolf sitting by her feet did not react to her joke, and only continued to eye Henry.

"Whenever you are ready, humans, the portal within the alleyway leads to Paris. There we shall go to our crime scene. Only bringing these two humans would not have sufficed. Your own destinies are interwoven into the events that now unfold...and soon, many other destinies shall become a part of this evil knot," the wolf explained.

Eglantine gave Henry an uneasy look, as if she was not sure about the sudden forces that were intruding on their mission. Yet she did decide to check the alleyway, keeping a fist ready to summon fire if necessary. Sure enough, she saw a large portal staring back with a soft glow. It was almost mesmerizing to watch, swirling and humming without end. "...Well...the wolf's not crying wolf...We might as well take the shortcut. The sooner we get there, the better we can find Lord and Lady Abendroth and help them out." She looked back to Henry, Ruby, and Kimiko, and waited for them to come along. The time was ripe for the harvest, and fruits of fate would soon fall from their tree.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:02 pm

Luminesa wrote:Into the Spider's Web

Eglantine was very confused to see the two new Mages staring back at her. They had fallen through a portal, almost in broad daylight, and had approached without warning. She would have moved into a fighting stance, but Henry seemed to recognize them. When he spoke to them with a calm, personable voice, she relaxed and fixed her jacket around her shoulders. "...Um...hi," she greeted, hoping she did not seem too hostile for a moment. "I'm Eglantine Rise. Henry's...friend."

Ruby raised an eyebrow at the blonde standing next to Henry. She was still surprised that another Rise beside Soleil was capable of good deeds, but Eglantine remained as she was, stately and only a little flustered. "...Well then. Glad to have you along. As for our mission..." She nodded to her student. "Yes. Well...we managed to get here through Magical means, I'm sure you've noticed that already. I've been summoned for...special work, and Kimiko has decided to come along to help. With the Headmaster's permission. Unfortunately it seems that this battlefront knows no age barrier, but when has war ever cared about youth?" She gave a sardonic chuckle, one that caused Eglantine to give her a worried look.

"...I'm going to guess that special work is for my aunt, right?" she inquired to the professor. Only then did she notice Kimiko, as Professor Ruby mentioned her. "And I'm going to guess you're one of Henry's classmates."

"That she is, and yes, the work has to do with...Lady Rise..." Professor Ruby muttered. The conversation was awkward, but necessary. "Mana Academy is safe, but only for the moment. If you haven't been informed, Lady Holstein has been murdered, most likely by an assassin of Lady Rise. We're going to be heading to Paris to deal with the matter. Some concern has arisen that she might be looking for her son, who...is somehow back from the dead...or for Soleil."

Eglantine felt her mouth grow cold, and as she swallowed she thought she had digested paste. She felt sick inside. If Lady Blanchefleur managed to find Soleil, oh the things she would do to torture him. "We have no time to waste then! All four of us have a job to do. We'll talk about what we found here along the way," she explained. As she spoke, she noticed the slim, light-furred wolf walking from behind the professor and student. "...Eh?..."

"Ah. Humans. Very good. You need fast transportation to go to Paris, don't you?" Henry would recognize that the wolf's telepathic voice was similar to that of the gruffer creature with whom he had interacted.

Ruby nodded. "Ah, right. This...was our transportation. Apparently these wolves have come from the Faewylds...and they have come to aid us against the Wicked Witch of the West," she explained with a dry smirk. The wolf sitting by her feet did not react to her joke, and only continued to eye Henry.

"Whenever you are ready, humans, the portal within the alleyway leads to Paris. There we shall go to our crime scene. Only bringing these two humans would not have sufficed. Your own destinies are interwoven into the events that now unfold...and soon, many other destinies shall become a part of this evil knot," the wolf explained.

Eglantine gave Henry an uneasy look, as if she was not sure about the sudden forces that were intruding on their mission. Yet she did decide to check the alleyway, keeping a fist ready to summon fire if necessary. Sure enough, she saw a large portal staring back with a soft glow. It was almost mesmerizing to watch, swirling and humming without end. "...Well...the wolf's not crying wolf...We might as well take the shortcut. The sooner we get there, the better we can find Lord and Lady Abendroth and help them out." She looked back to Henry, Ruby, and Kimiko, and waited for them to come along. The time was ripe for the harvest, and fruits of fate would soon fall from their tree.

Henry von Kressel

From one city to another, constantly, the constant hurry without a second to breath made Henry feel somewhat tired and disorientated. But there was a job to be done and a foe to face, as the portal in the alleyway expected them to cross it quickly. Two humans couldn't get the job done? What the wolf meant by that? Was the threat so great that they couldn't handle it? Was Blanchefleur placing bigger bets on an outcome that was favorable for her?

"Agreed. Let us take the shortcut to Paris then, even if my gut tells me that nothing pleasant will be expecting us on the other side."

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:27 pm

Grenoble, France
Kimiko Taira

The young woman stayed rather quiet as Ruby and the others spoke. Kimiko didn't know Henry especially well, and she didn't want to intrude on anything that she had no place with saying, especially with the knowledge that their opponent was a relative of his--Henry's aunt, no less. Kimiko instead kept a lookout for any immediate dangers that could come their way.

There was an attack here already, she reasoned. There could be another, although however unlikely with so many of us here, with such a powerful confluence of mages.

Kimiko looked at Eglantine when she announced that they were returning to Paris, and a portal opened, with Henry and Ruby taking the plunge. The girl nodded and similarly walked through.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:41 pm

Paris - Unholy Confrontation

Blanchefleur did not need to tell anyone where she was or what her next plan was. She had driven Europe into a frenzy. Or better yet, Catherine had done the job for her. With her escape from the castle and with her current location unknown, she could watch as the continent observed the mysterious calamity that had struck Grenoble. In that time, she had managed to kill Lady Holstein, and now she would make her way through Paris from behind a dark curtain.

Paris was a beautiful, glittering city, but everything that sparkles casts a shadow. The spiders she had sent after Lady Holstein crawled happily through the dark corners of Paris’s slums, making their way into the busier, wealthier parts of the city. She would not just strike fear into the Magical World, but also the Mundane world. They would have no idea how to handle what was coming.

The pandemonium started when a Mundane man dressed in a black suit and white coat began to writhe and scream in the Paris Métro. Horrified first responders and medics observed as the man’s skin began to melt on his face, shoulders, and chest. Chaos ensued, and people began screaming and trampling each other to get out of the subway. In reality, several of Blanchefleur’s spiders had bitten the man at once, causing their rapid-action toxin to fire through his veins.

As people rushed to either give medical assistance or to escape the plague within the station, a portal opened in a dark corner of the Métro. Here the party would land, in a place which would have normally been hidden from Mundanes’ eyes. They were not exactly more visible now, with the chaos that had spilled and rumbled all around them. Yet the melted body drew the Fae-wolf’s attention, and her ears perked as she waited for the others to follow.

Blanchefleur’s Magic is here. Search carefully. Do not go near the body yet.

Indeed, the man was already almost dead. Nobody knew how, or why, but he had started to bleed everywhere. Other people were already injured from trampling each other, and as someone had gotten the right senses to call emergency services, others were trying to help the downed citizens out of the station and toward a nearby hospital.

Here, in the Paris Métro, would lie Henry and company’s next battle against Blanchefleur’s forces.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse