NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:20 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi bristled slightly at the familiar tone taken by her host, he was making many assumptions. It was a good sign for future relations, but Tsukuyomi needed more than platitudes and vague statements about gifts and charges. If an outsider was interfering with her plane, he needed a good reason. The Fae did not get a free pass just because they had been doing it for so long. Perhaps Tsukuyomi's hunger was also fueling some of her anger, as this creature did appear quite the feast with his wells of mana. Though he would be quite an intense prey to hunt.

There was a false cordiality in Tsukuyomi's voice. "Then prehaps to avoid any confrontations you should explain in more detail your reason for interfering. By what right do you claim to have such a charge, and what concerns might you have?"

Florian - Leylines Stronger Than Blood

Tsukiyomi was irritable, and even Florian could see that if he spent too much time dancing around his answer, she would become aggressive. She was interested in his Magic, but that interest could become hunger at any moment. Hunger was dangerous, as she could simply absorb his Magic, and he had no idea how she would respond once she had taken enough. He frowned and nodded as she asked for an explanation, and after a short pause, he began. "...My charge would be the one named Soleil. I have known him since he was six years old. He found me by stumbling into this land from a portal in the Alps. The French and Swiss Alps are full of powerful leylines, but I am sure that is not your concern at the moment. Though such information may interest you."

In his hand, he created a Mana construct, that of a timid little boy. A much smaller Soleil. "He sought me for shelter. His mother was unkind to him, and I did not wish for him to return to her. I taught him some of my Magic, and in time, he became a Changeling of mine. However...he was lonely in my world. I do not have much company for a child. I allowed him to return home, and I believe the Magic I gave him...allowed him to survive the horrors that he endured in that haunted home. We Fae often are considered cruel, uncaring, and lawless beings...but we do not act to destroy our charges. Rather, we build them in the ways that we see are best fit. I did not wish for him to return...but if I kept him forever, he never would have found any of you. Or the woman he now considers a mother." His voice softened, as he studied Tsukiyomi's face and tried to put multiple mental images together. "...That would be a certain Elizabeth Tsukiyomi, would it not?..." he inquired. If Florian could experience wistfulness, the emotion trailed from his last words like the light from a firefly in the evening sky.

He looked out at the fields, in which Soleil's nightmares had unfolded for the last three weeks. They had ended with the boy running into his castle, seeking shelter, only to be devoured by what seemed to be one of his classmates. "As you know, the Fae exist in a world between the Material and the Dream. We can also guard dreams, since our realms are dreams brought to fruition by Magic. Soleil's dreams...connected him back to my world. Perhaps he still considers this place, specifically my castle, as a refuge from the world. But apparently the threat that has made him suffer came from your school. A vision of an older boy killing his friend and then killing him. A certain tall, raven-haired boy? Based on the dreams I have witnessed, Soleil is...afraid of him, or afraid of his feelings about him. Perhaps you know more about the student, but that is part of the reason why I have come down to your world," he explained.

He knew the other boy was named 'Allistor', based on Soleil's screams of his name, but even he could tell that the terrifying dreams were not just nightmares about one boy being hunted by the other. He heard the words they had spoken to each other, and there was a longing. Something sentimental, something complex that Florian did not quite understand. All he knew was that Soleil felt threatened and had suffered a breakdown, and he wanted an explanation and a solution, even if that solution meant confronting Allistor himself.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Kròl Dariusz

Kròl did feel some kind of duty, or responsibility to Eglantine, but he had much deeper commitments to the person that had carried out the act. Even if she didn't entirely know it. The deals he had made couldn't be broken for something like this. And there was the von Kressel. Maybe Kròl felt some compunction to help give Eglantine what she wanted, but his inclination was quite the opposite for that German house. He could do something to assuage their fears of a repeat of the incident at least.

"I can not tell you who did this, and if you seek that information out it will put our goals at odds. Especially if you were to seek vengeance against them, I would have little choice... " Kròl Dariusz, archmage and dreaded lich let his threat hang.

"I can explain in generalities what happened here. This was a unique attack, one proceeded by events that could not be replicated for many years. If any mage, and there are some that are capable of this scale of distinction, tried to do this directly they would need the support of most of the magic world. This was not that case. Think about it, how much mana can you provide in a day? How much can your body store? How long would it take for you to provide this much energy? Months, even for the most powerful of mages. If one started that process, others would notice. They would come to stop what ever it was. Grand magics that can do something like this aren't explicitly outlawed, but if I felt some one building up this kind of power, I would act to stop them. Many others would as well.
The caster of such a spell would need immense protections. They would need hundreds of accomplices to protect them. Maybe the full International Committee, acting united, could decide to deliver that kind of punishment to someone. Then another factor comes into play, how many mages could actually direct this kind of power? There are not many. Less than a dozen by my estimation. I do not know if I, personally would be capable. That leaves only one conclusion, that this was not a spell or work of grand magic. Do you follow me so far?"
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:11 pm

Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi made a motion like a long, exhuasted sigh. In truth, she didn't really breathe as such right now, but her body language was still human. Maybe that of an old, far older than she should be, woman. Liz knew that she herself was failing Soliel. Maybe she should be angry that some out side creature was interfering with a child on this world, but how could she? She thought that it would be fine, she could just act as a guardian and protector, and let the boy work the rest out himself. But that wasn't even the start of his problems. Sure, if his biological family had tried to claim him again, she could defend him. Yet, she had done nearly nothing to help him with his own, internal problems.

"Yeah... that's me. Elizabeth Tsukuyomi, archmage, and rather terrific failure as adoptive mother." The being of awesome power looked away from Florian, a sadness and defeat to her voice.

"I thought I could do it. I had been a mother before. But... that was so long ago. Those feelings have dissipated into the centuries and then millennia of experience. I remember my sons and daughters voices. Their faces. But I don't remember them. They were people, they lived their own lives, but I remember so little about them as they really were. In the important ways. I thought I could just walk into Soliel's life and that's all it would take. But after so long. I'm not that mother any more. I see his problems... and I don't care. I can't understand how they effect him. He is safe, and free to do what he wants. But that's not enough. And I don't know what is."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:08 am

The Wolves - Caverns and Havens

The wolves continued into the cavern, their sharp, golden eyes searching every rock, every shadow, every crystal. The cave was massive, elaborate, and glittering with all sorts of minerals and formations, both Magical and Mundane, yet equally beautiful to behold. However, these emissaries of the Fae were not coming to enjoy the scenery. They prowled and they crouched as they moved in a pack, their footsteps slow and deliberate, until they came upon a strange light.

The light was violet and electric, and pulsated all around the center of the cavern. The glow was mesmerizing but dangerous, like a Tesla Coil blasting hot electricity around a room. The wolves backed away as they saw the raw power the Magic was exuding, but also because they had no reason to move further. They had found the source of their fears. However, that Magic belonged to the being with whom Florian was talking, and so all they could do now was wait for more orders.

In the meantime, the wolf in Cleo's room raised its nose to sniff the air, as if it could also sense the Magic which its pack had found. The wolf shuddered, but found it could not concentrate on the Magic for long, with Blue pawing at its nose. The creature turned its nose down toward the small puppy, and began to swat back. The two dogs continued rolling on the bed like normal dogs, and Cleo would only be left wondering what made the wolf shudder.

Florian - Family Affair

Florian found Tsukiyomi's reaction the slightest amount amusing and quaint. The way she drooped her shoulders, letting the weight of the world hit her for just a moment, was oddly human. He gave a tiny smile as she explained her struggles with raising his charge. She had been a mother before, but Soleil was not the biological child she had raised from the womb. Beside that fact, Tsukiyomi's Magic had so far removed her from humanity that even a Changeling like Soleil presented challenges to her. She did not know how to address his myriad of mental and emotional issues, and she was overwhelmed. She had realized that she could not emotionally invest herself in order to help him, and this understanding had caused her something like distress.

"You believe you are a failure, but actions are a determination of what constitutes a sufficient parent. His biological mother gave him scars which caused him significant pain. I believe those scars play a role in his inability to fully understand the love of those around him. You have not caused him those scars. Rather, you have decided to give him words of security, and your presence, which is much stronger than his own. You have not failed. You have only begun."

Perhaps a Fae giving parental advice, in any other situation, would smell of danger and disaster. However, the Lavender King's voice was calm and wise, and he seemed to be navigating what now came to mind as he looked at Tsukiyomi. Her human form, which he had not considered before, now presented a new side to the story. He remembered Soleil's dreams following his experience with Tsukiyomi's promise of adoption, how happy he felt. He could see the transformation from the tiny, meek, scared child he had welcomed into his realm and the stronger teenager who knew that he had a new family that loved him. Florian could not believe he was considering such concepts as love and happiness, but his charge considered them important.

"You have not failed until he has seen, through your actions, that you do not love him, and currently he believes that you have played a part in his salvation. Therefore, you have a choice to make," Florian continued, "you must try and show love through actions, such as giving him gifts which will help him flourish and be happy, or you must let him know that you do not wish to parent him. Insulting yourself and your talents will not help you or him. Even if you do not understand or care for his feelings, if you choose to be his parent, you must give."
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:21 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Kròl Dariusz

Kròl did feel some kind of duty, or responsibility to Eglantine, but he had much deeper commitments to the person that had carried out the act. Even if she didn't entirely know it. The deals he had made couldn't be broken for something like this. And there was the von Kressel. Maybe Kròl felt some compunction to help give Eglantine what she wanted, but his inclination was quite the opposite for that German house. He could do something to assuage their fears of a repeat of the incident at least.

"I can not tell you who did this, and if you seek that information out it will put our goals at odds. Especially if you were to seek vengeance against them, I would have little choice... " Kròl Dariusz, archmage and dreaded lich let his threat hang.

"I can explain in generalities what happened here. This was a unique attack, one proceeded by events that could not be replicated for many years. If any mage, and there are some that are capable of this scale of distinction, tried to do this directly they would need the support of most of the magic world. This was not that case. Think about it, how much mana can you provide in a day? How much can your body store? How long would it take for you to provide this much energy? Months, even for the most powerful of mages. If one started that process, others would notice. They would come to stop what ever it was. Grand magics that can do something like this aren't explicitly outlawed, but if I felt some one building up this kind of power, I would act to stop them. Many others would as well.
The caster of such a spell would need immense protections. They would need hundreds of accomplices to protect them. Maybe the full International Committee, acting united, could decide to deliver that kind of punishment to someone. Then another factor comes into play, how many mages could actually direct this kind of power? There are not many. Less than a dozen by my estimation. I do not know if I, personally would be capable. That leaves only one conclusion, that this was not a spell or work of grand magic. Do you follow me so far?"

Eglantine - Shadows of Disaster

Eglantine understood that Krol was dancing around specific details. He knew the answer to her questions, but he was looking to avoid a fight. She did not know why, as she could kill both teens without much effort. Yet she was glad that he was attempting to be civil, even lamenting somewhat the fact that he could not give her all of the information she deserved. However, his threat of violence should she seek the truth rung quite clear and low, like a gong outside of a haunted temple. Chaos waited for the sound, for the signal to tear her and Henry into pieces. Yet the silence did not meet a protest. The Rise heiress let Krol speak what he could, and she listened carefully.

The event which had occurred was most certainly a magical one, but the amount of Mana used was enormous. Eglantine had heard stories in her own family of other Rise Mages trying to create Dark Mana Beings, and the amount of Black Mana they used was so great that catastrophic damages occurred. Smaller castles suffered great damage, Mages were scarred by what they witnessed, some even died horrifically. Most of them were distant family-members she did not know, but she knew that both Solaine and Blanchefleur had attempted such experiments. Even with the amount of Mana they were able to use, Solaine's use of Black Mana was rumored to have killed her first child in-utero, and Blanchefleur's use tore open holes between the Realm of the Abyss and the Mundane Realm. Thankfully Blanchefleur knew how to keep Mundanes from seeing such things, but she recalled the stories of wicked shadows in her aunt's dungeon, tales Celestine and Saturninus once told her with sunken, horrified eyes.

"But seriously, what was it that you saw?"

"Teenie, if I told you, my mother would order me to kill you."

"She doesn't have to know you told me! What was it? Why did you hear screaming?"

"Eglantine...you don't want to know what that screaming was. You don't want to know why we heard that screaming. If you knew, it would haunt you forever.

"...But..."

"No. You don't ever need to see what we saw."

With a sigh, Eglantine shook her head and looked at the eerie lich speaking to her. She heard Saturninus's warning in the lich's own threats and warnings, though her curiosity gnawed at her mind and tried to make her imagine what possibly could have exploded an entire castle and part of a mountain. The Magic of hundreds of Mages, hidden from the world except for a single awful moment. A weapon that was a nuclear bomb without the radiation, but with just as much force. A single person casting such Magic would die from the recoil or from destroying their Manastreams, if not from destroying their bodies outright. If one person was to cause this, they would have to have some sort of external force. Some sort of aid. "...I could see the Abendroths blowing-up this castle like that, after what Blanchy did to Allistor...but this doesn't feel like...them. It's too dark..." She thought out-loud, ignoring the fact that Krol could hear her. What else can I do? He won't give me answers. And if I find those answers, he's going to come fight us. He has some interest he wants to protect, and that interest is strong enough to force my aunt out of her stronghold...I can't imagine...Would we even be strong enough to face such a monster, if we were to discover it? Would it just kill us instantly? she pondered, her eyes narrowing to see the enormous, gnarled remains of the mountain.

In the meantime, Henry's cellphone rang in his pocket, though whether or not he would answer it in the midst of this conversation was up to him. After all, Eglantine was still ruminating over possibilities, and Krol's lightless eyes were leering at both teenagers with a careful, scanning gaze. Walking away from such a conversation without some questions would not be easy. Yet the little phone still rang, as Rabbit waited on the other end to speak briefly to his student.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:34 am

Luminesa wrote:

Eglantine - Shadows of Disaster

Eglantine understood that Krol was dancing around specific details. He knew the answer to her questions, but he was looking to avoid a fight. She did not know why, as she could kill both teens without much effort. Yet she was glad that he was attempting to be civil, even lamenting somewhat the fact that he could not give her all of the information she deserved. However, his threat of violence should she seek the truth rung quite clear and low, like a gong outside of a haunted temple. Chaos waited for the sound, for the signal to tear her and Henry into pieces. Yet the silence did not meet a protest. The Rise heiress let Krol speak what he could, and she listened carefully.

The event which had occurred was most certainly a magical one, but the amount of Mana used was enormous. Eglantine had heard stories in her own family of other Rise Mages trying to create Dark Mana Beings, and the amount of Black Mana they used was so great that catastrophic damages occurred. Smaller castles suffered great damage, Mages were scarred by what they witnessed, some even died horrifically. Most of them were distant family-members she did not know, but she knew that both Solaine and Blanchefleur had attempted such experiments. Even with the amount of Mana they were able to use, Solaine's use of Black Mana was rumored to have killed her first child in-utero, and Blanchefleur's use tore open holes between the Realm of the Abyss and the Mundane Realm. Thankfully Blanchefleur knew how to keep Mundanes from seeing such things, but she recalled the stories of wicked shadows in her aunt's dungeon, tales Celestine and Saturninus once told her with sunken, horrified eyes.

"But seriously, what was it that you saw?"

"Teenie, if I told you, my mother would order me to kill you."

"She doesn't have to know you told me! What was it? Why did you hear screaming?"

"Eglantine...you don't want to know what that screaming was. You don't want to know why we heard that screaming. If you knew, it would haunt you forever.

"...But..."

"No. You don't ever need to see what we saw."

With a sigh, Eglantine shook her head and looked at the eerie lich speaking to her. She heard Saturninus's warning in the lich's own threats and warnings, though her curiosity gnawed at her mind and tried to make her imagine what possibly could have exploded an entire castle and part of a mountain. The Magic of hundreds of Mages, hidden from the world except for a single awful moment. A weapon that was a nuclear bomb without the radiation, but with just as much force. A single person casting such Magic would die from the recoil or from destroying their Manastreams, if not from destroying their bodies outright. If one person was to cause this, they would have to have some sort of external force. Some sort of aid. "...I could see the Abendroths blowing-up this castle like that, after what Blanchy did to Allistor...but this doesn't feel like...them. It's too dark..." She thought out-loud, ignoring the fact that Krol could hear her. What else can I do? He won't give me answers. And if I find those answers, he's going to come fight us. He has some interest he wants to protect, and that interest is strong enough to force my aunt out of her stronghold...I can't imagine...Would we even be strong enough to face such a monster, if we were to discover it? Would it just kill us instantly? she pondered, her eyes narrowing to see the enormous, gnarled remains of the mountain.

In the meantime, Henry's cellphone rang in his pocket, though whether or not he would answer it in the midst of this conversation was up to him. After all, Eglantine was still ruminating over possibilities, and Krol's lightless eyes were leering at both teenagers with a careful, scanning gaze. Walking away from such a conversation without some questions would not be easy. Yet the little phone still rang, as Rabbit waited on the other end to speak briefly to his student.

Henry von Kressel

He listened to their conversation, letting Eglantine carry on the questioning given her relationship to the place and to the family that owned it. It was easy to forget that she was a Rise, be it for her personality or for her hunger of mundane things, or even her love of normal animals, but seeing the home of her ancestors - even if she wasn't that close to them - destroyed caused a certain effect on her.

"I can guarantee to you this isn't Abendroth's work... If it was a political act this castle would be intact and everyone would be dead by poisoning. If it was personal, Mercillia wouldn't blow the castle up... She'd blow the mountain. I have a feeling that-"

Suddenly, his phone ringing caught his attention. It was clear to him, at least internally, that Dariusz had interests at play there, but the tone the lich gave him a very particular impression. He probably knew what happened there, but the destroyed castle worried him as much as it worried the others, yet certainly for different reasons.

"If you'll excuse me... Oh. Rabbit, Henry. I am... in a place where my cellphone signal might be sketchy. Where are you?"
Nothing to see here, move along.

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:36 am

Luminesa wrote:
Finsternia wrote:Artosh Luxenia - Walking Bewteen Dreams and Reality

He was still in quite a shock. Even after speaking his words of thanks, to reaffirming his thoughts and feelings for Rabbit, Artosh's poor human mind is still trying to catch up to the sudden turn of events. He woke up in a rather horrible state, taken to the hospital by John, was whisk away by a Fae Lord alongside Rabbit who then healed his illnesses and regifted him a new seed of magic, and he just confessed once again. All in one day, the events replayed in his mind in an almost nonsensical fashion, like a fleeting dream blown by the winds. He woke up a feeble man, now returning to the Earth far less human. It's odd to have strength to return to degrading bones and muscles, and to hear the gentler tones of magic compared to buzzing and thunderous surges of sorcery.

Rabbit could feel that Artosh has sunk into a dreamlike daze as he stares at trees, bushes, and the starlight night. Before his senses for magic was hunger and thirsty for power yet now he feels like his magic resonates with the music of nature. The winds, the leaves, the soft crunch of snow beneath his feet. It's all different yet the same at the same time. Artosh lightly pinches his cheek with his free hand, giggling softly as he does. "...I am... not dreaming... right?" He looks at Rabbit with soft and gentle eyes and a genuine, albeit tired, smile blooms upon his face. "Yes... Happiness huh... That's something I never thought I'd have... I am happy here though... Teaching and all that but... Now... I can teach my students at full force... You know what I mean?"

He lets Rabbit hold him close. With the snowy, fairytale like forest around him, Rabbit in his beautiful robes and long silver hair, he feels like some wayward traveller being embraced by a Yuki-Ona. Perhaps he is. He wouldn't mind it at all. If it was all just a dream, then he would still be happy with how everything went. "Yeah... After the war huh... Live... not just for me... but for the kids as well..." He laughs as he looks up at Rabbit, into his eyes. He imagines him smiling behind the mask, soft lips curling into a pink crescent, and pale cheeks painted with pink and red. He caresses his mask. "...Let's go back... and tell me stories about what has happened?"

Rabbit - Shelter From The Storm

Rabbit watched Artosh as he stood, his body still shaking with wonder and disbelief. He smiled at the younger teacher, watching the sparkle in his eyes as he absorbed everything he had experienced. He then looked at the ground for a moment, and he blinked to see something unusual. Magical lavender and some bright, assorted wildflowers were springing out of the snow. He giggled, before turning his eyes back to Artosh’s face.

“...No...no, you are not dreaming...But if you were, it would be a splendid dream...Neither of us would want to awaken...but the best part is...all of this is real...” He stroked Artosh’s cold cheek, feeling the tautness of skin kissed by the chill. “...You will be able to teach, and to live, and to be happy...We can both be happy...” He felt his heart flutter at the sight of his dear friend’s smile. He would now be able to see many more of those grins, if fate was kinder to them now. As he hugged Artosh and stroked his hair, he felt his heart warming at the thought.

At the mention of the students as well, Rabbit nodded. “...Speaking of the children...I should call Henry and let him know that I have made it back to Mana. Perhaps by strange circumstances...but he does have the gift I meant to give you when I arrived...in a much more conventional manner. You know...dressed in a pink overcoat, standing by the docks, the wind floating around us...a warm embrace in the cold...I suppose that last part did not change...” He gave a chuckle, and at that moment, he wanted to take off his mask and show Artosh the glowing grin on his face.

For now, however, they needed to get out of the elements. Agreeing with his companion that they could go to one of the rooms, Rabbit led them to his room in the Aquo Dormitory. He could have sworn he had felt another Magical presence, but for now both of them needed to get warm. Entering his bedroom after what had seemed like an eternity was a shock, but he sighed with relief the moment he entered. Shelter. “...Ahhhhh...How sweet it is to be home...” he murmured.

He then sat on the bed, and invited Artosh to sit next to him. “Let me make a quick phone-call...and then I’ll tell you the details...” He found the phone in the room-the building was old and thus still had phones in the rooms-and he called Henry’s phone number. “...Let’s see...If I don’t say anything, he’ll get home and he’ll be in a panic...” he muttered. His free hand squeezed Artosh’s, and as he waited for an answer, he also murmured, “If you want to go to your room and get out of those freezing clothes, and into something warmer, I think you’ll feel better. I’m not well-versed in Fire Magic, otherwise I would warm you myself...”

Artosh Luxenia - Springtime's Warmth

The younger teacher blushes as Rabbit held and laughed with him. A single fortunate encounter indeed reverse their fates and fortunes. Artosh would have died young, like a butterfly against a storm. Yet here he is now, with renewed vitality and a new form of Magic. "Hehe... You're always the more romantic one between the two of us... And where did you get that image of gift giving by the docks? Have you been reading romance novels in Europe?"

Artosh held his hand as they traversed the cold winter forests, through the snow dusted fields, and into the warmer halls of the dormitories. He hasn't noticed that he's been cold until he stepped into the Aquo dorms. He shivers, holding onto his arms and his white hospital gowns. "That Fae Lord can take me from the hospital, gave me an entire hairstyle make over and... muscles." He squeezes his biceps a little as they get inside Rabbit's room. "...But he left me wearing nothing but... hospital gowns and my underwear..." He sits down and looks at him. "May I ask a favor? Do you have clothes that I can borrow for awhile?"

He scratches his head with a shy smile as he looks at Rabbit. "Oh yeah... Speaking of Henry and Europe... How is it over there? Allistor came home last week on a wheelchair and... how did you get into the Fae Realm? Did... Florian? Was that his name? Did Florian summon you there as well?" At the mention of needing a change of clothes and the usage of Fire Magic, Artosh stands up and gives him a thumbs up. "Let me see what my new Magic could do! It was some sort of Nature Magic right? Then I should be able to invoke fire..." He looks around the room for a fireplace and candles to light up. Once he does so, he stands before them and reaches into his new foreign Mana and tries to summon fire from his hand. "Oh Mana... Lifeblood of the world... I call upon fire... to bring light to darkness... and warmth to the cold..." He exhales as he speaks simple incantations for beginner Mages who couldn't easily invoke their powers, and focuses on the image of a blossoming fire upon his palm.
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Kròl Dariusz

"The castle and mountainside where not destroyed by direct magical attack. Such an attack at scale would prove nearly impossible to pull off. But magic was used to incite the event that caused this. Some one took one of those many rocks orbiting our star, and gave it a push. You understand how this is a unique attack now?"

Kròl made a twitching motion, one that looked like surprise, as Henry von Kressel answered his cell phone. The lich had no idea what to think, how should he react to something so brazenly rude? He shook his skull, and if he had eyes they would have rolled.

"Truly.... Eglantine Rise, you heard my pronouncement that neutral parties are welcome in Kraków. I think at this point I will have to amend that. I suppose you could say my crown in now thoroughly in the ring against your family, if they can survive or recover from this. But it is still a place where you and other mages can seek refuge. Even if the mortal world turns fully against us, I believe I can keep that city safe for mages. I do not know how a fight against your Aunt would go out side of the city, but inside I would be quite capable of swatting her away."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit - Shelter From The Storm

Rabbit watched Artosh as he stood, his body still shaking with wonder and disbelief. He smiled at the younger teacher, watching the sparkle in his eyes as he absorbed everything he had experienced. He then looked at the ground for a moment, and he blinked to see something unusual. Magical lavender and some bright, assorted wildflowers were springing out of the snow. He giggled, before turning his eyes back to Artosh’s face.

“...No...no, you are not dreaming...But if you were, it would be a splendid dream...Neither of us would want to awaken...but the best part is...all of this is real...” He stroked Artosh’s cold cheek, feeling the tautness of skin kissed by the chill. “...You will be able to teach, and to live, and to be happy...We can both be happy...” He felt his heart flutter at the sight of his dear friend’s smile. He would now be able to see many more of those grins, if fate was kinder to them now. As he hugged Artosh and stroked his hair, he felt his heart warming at the thought.

At the mention of the students as well, Rabbit nodded. “...Speaking of the children...I should call Henry and let him know that I have made it back to Mana. Perhaps by strange circumstances...but he does have the gift I meant to give you when I arrived...in a much more conventional manner. You know...dressed in a pink overcoat, standing by the docks, the wind floating around us...a warm embrace in the cold...I suppose that last part did not change...” He gave a chuckle, and at that moment, he wanted to take off his mask and show Artosh the glowing grin on his face.

For now, however, they needed to get out of the elements. Agreeing with his companion that they could go to one of the rooms, Rabbit led them to his room in the Aquo Dormitory. He could have sworn he had felt another Magical presence, but for now both of them needed to get warm. Entering his bedroom after what had seemed like an eternity was a shock, but he sighed with relief the moment he entered. Shelter. “...Ahhhhh...How sweet it is to be home...” he murmured.

He then sat on the bed, and invited Artosh to sit next to him. “Let me make a quick phone-call...and then I’ll tell you the details...” He found the phone in the room-the building was old and thus still had phones in the rooms-and he called Henry’s phone number. “...Let’s see...If I don’t say anything, he’ll get home and he’ll be in a panic...” he muttered. His free hand squeezed Artosh’s, and as he waited for an answer, he also murmured, “If you want to go to your room and get out of those freezing clothes, and into something warmer, I think you’ll feel better. I’m not well-versed in Fire Magic, otherwise I would warm you myself...”

Artosh Luxenia - Springtime's Warmth

The younger teacher blushes as Rabbit held and laughed with him. A single fortunate encounter indeed reverse their fates and fortunes. Artosh would have died young, like a butterfly against a storm. Yet here he is now, with renewed vitality and a new form of Magic. "Hehe... You're always the more romantic one between the two of us... And where did you get that image of gift giving by the docks? Have you been reading romance novels in Europe?"

Artosh held his hand as they traversed the cold winter forests, through the snow dusted fields, and into the warmer halls of the dormitories. He hasn't noticed that he's been cold until he stepped into the Aquo dorms. He shivers, holding onto his arms and his white hospital gowns. "That Fae Lord can take me from the hospital, gave me an entire hairstyle make over and... muscles." He squeezes his biceps a little as they get inside Rabbit's room. "...But he left me wearing nothing but... hospital gowns and my underwear..." He sits down and looks at him. "May I ask a favor? Do you have clothes that I can borrow for awhile?"

He scratches his head with a shy smile as he looks at Rabbit. "Oh yeah... Speaking of Henry and Europe... How is it over there? Allistor came home last week on a wheelchair and... how did you get into the Fae Realm? Did... Florian? Was that his name? Did Florian summon you there as well?" At the mention of needing a change of clothes and the usage of Fire Magic, Artosh stands up and gives him a thumbs up. "Let me see what my new Magic could do! It was some sort of Nature Magic right? Then I should be able to invoke fire..." He looks around the room for a fireplace and candles to light up. Once he does so, he stands before them and reaches into his new foreign Mana and tries to summon fire from his hand. "Oh Mana... Lifeblood of the world... I call upon fire... to bring light to darkness... and warmth to the cold..." He exhales as he speaks simple incantations for beginner Mages who couldn't easily invoke their powers, and focuses on the image of a blossoming fire upon his palm.

Rabbit - Long-Distance Calls

“I...oh, I...I did spend a little time reading...Eheh...When I had time to rest...” Rabbit blushed as he spoke to Artosh and waited for Henry to pick-up the phone. No answer the first time, so he paused for a moment and looked over at Artosh. He had so many questions, and he was shivering. The poor young man had just walked into the cold in a hospital gown, and Florian had not even given him decent clothes. “I have some cotton robes at the back of the closet. They should do you some good for now...But certainly you must have some clothes in your room that you can wear in the morning! We don’t want the students seeing you in my robes, do we? It might give them the wrong idea,” he suggested, with a giggle. He remembered that a good bit of his clothes were still in Europe, and he sighed. I still have a couple of outfits for the next couple of days, until the children return with the luggage...I’ll have to let Henry know to bring it home.

Rabbit listened as Artosh also gave his long list of questions, and he wanted to answer them in order. “Henry has been well, as far as I can tell, though some of the battles we encountered frightened him a little. Allistor was badly wounded, but...” He gulped. He had not seen Allistor for some time, since the boy was sent home, and he hoped that the Abendroth boy would forgive him for abandoning him on the battlefield. “...He fought well. He fought well. Henry as well. They are...all very talented and brave. I am proud of them...” he murmured, his heart swelling with wistful pride as he recalled how well they had managed against foes much stronger than themselves. If only Allistor had not reached that other Dark Mana Being, he would not have suffered such egregious wounds. He shuddered. If only I had been stronger...if only...I had not been crippled... As he thought this, he hid his other arm under his robes, not wanting Artosh to see the hideous wounds of his still-healing arm. He would not understand how Rabbit could regrow limbs like a salamander.

Upon the question of Florian, the Dark Mana Being nodded. Careful to avoid details about Catherine and her Obsidian Towers, he explained, “I saw an image of a portal, and it was so calming...The Mana was...sweet, otherworldly...dreamy...I felt lured by some voiceless beckoning, and I entered...Such a lovely place, that little realm...but I was so frightened when I thought you had been hurt...I am glad now that was not the case...” His voice took a softer tone as he recalled the mesmerizing sensation of being pulled into another realm. The Fae World, with Mana that his body could not comprehend. With dimensions that his mind could not grasp. Since he was no longer in the midst of such danger or uncertainty, he could appreciate the beauty of such a place. That sweet, full, eternally-summer air. The tall grass swaying around that ornate castle. He was simply glad that he was not attacked by those wolves upon entering.

Artosh still felt uncertainty about what he could accomplish with his Magic, however, and so he decided to try and warm his body before searching for one of Rabbit’s robes. Henry still had not answered, so he tried one more time. Oh dear, what if the boy is sleeping and I’m being strange, disturbing him...or what if he is hurt...I don’t know, I can’t know... His internal panic was interrupted by the sight before him, as Artosh’s Magic answered his prayer. The Summer Fae’s Magic welled around him, glowing with a rich, verdant hue as it lit the dark room. The young Mage would feel that the cold was melting, flowers were blooming on the carpet under his feet, and his eyes were dazzling with the knowledge of a new ability.

“The Fae’s Magic...gave you new life...and so it must also be able to warm you...as the sun warms flowers in the summer,” Rabbit suggested with a focused whisper. He wanted to feel that warmth. He wanted to embrace it. He felt himself standing to approach Artosh, but he halted as his phone rang.

As the Magic died down, Henry finally answered. The teacher’s mind clicked from his more personal thoughts and back into those of his duty to his student. He answered his phone. “Henry! I...You will not believe me, but I have returned to the campus. I was...transported here...I...Is there someone else with you?” As he began to speak, he could hear that someone else was talking over the other end of the line. A deep, gravelly voice, one that made him uneasy just to hear. Even if he could not comprehend the words Krol spoke, he knew that the knot forming in his stomach was warning him of some danger.

“Henry...are you and Eglantine safe? What is happening? I can wait to tell you everything until you are in a safer place. Where are the two of you?” He could hear what also sounded like some sort of distortion. Wings flapping. Some sort of...rain. Waves upon waves of something falling down, like a heavy storm. Oh no...please do not tell me I accidentally left them in danger...Even if they can fight on their own, they cannot handle everything...and if they are caught in some sort of storm outside...
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:10 am

"The castle and mountainside where not destroyed by direct magical attack. Such an attack at scale would prove nearly impossible to pull off. But magic was used to incite the event that caused this. Some one took one of those many rocks orbiting our star, and gave it a push. You understand how this is a unique attack now?"

Kròl made a twitching motion, one that looked like surprise, as Henry von Kressel answered his cell phone. The lich had no idea what to think, how should he react to something so brazenly rude? He shook his skull, and if he had eyes they would have rolled.

"Truly.... Eglantine Rise, you heard my pronouncement that neutral parties are welcome in Kraków. I think at this point I will have to amend that. I suppose you could say my crown in now thoroughly in the ring against your family, if they can survive or recover from this. But it is still a place where you and other mages can seek refuge. Even if the mortal world turns fully against us, I believe I can keep that city safe for mages. I do not know how a fight against your Aunt would go out side of the city, but inside I would be quite capable of swatting her away."

Eglantine - Difficult Calls

“Well, I suppose...you don’t see a meteor falling out of the sky and making a castle go the way of the dinosaur every day...and then the impact it causes for hundreds of miles around it...Even driving here from Grenoble was frustrating with all the smog...” Eglantine explained. She did not even think how she could talk so casually to such a being. He was pulsating wicked Magic and had just threatened her not to look further into the disaster. Eglantine considered that she had just resigned herself to the insanity of it all. This circumstance was as much out of her hands as it was out of Krol’s hands.

The severity of the situation was broken for just a moment, however. As soon as Krol had finished giving his harrowing warning, Henry’s ringtone played a second time, this time much louder. Henry broke from the conversation to answer the call, and apparently the caller was Rabbit. She could not help but hide a snicker as he strode a couple of yards away to speak, and as she noticed the lich’s eye-socket almost twitch.

“Yeah, um...sorry, that’s...my boyfriend’s teacher, he’s his...his uncle made him his guardian, so he’s kind of like Henry’s...mom. I’d say a ‘dad’ but he doesn’t act like a dad. Anyway, I don’t think he knew that...we were talking,” she apologized, just the slightest twinge embarrassed. At a closer glance, Krol did not seem like the type of being to strike over a badly-timed phone call. Yet one could never be too sure, and courtesy did matter.

Krol at least granted her his guarantee of security, should she come into Kraków. She frowned as she thought about how she would bring her parents, if he really would provide them shelter. They were Rise Mages, but they were also belligerents against Blanchefleur, not for her. I think Mom and Dad would be glad to rest and recover in anywhere but France, honestly, she thought. Her anxiety for her father’s health returned, and she wondered if he would have his left arm when she returned to the hospital.

“Well you did swat her away with that...death spirit you summoned...Though you also almost got my uncle in the impact,” she mentioned. Being fair to Krol, Michel had decided to stay in the line of the spirit’s attack just long enough to laugh at it, which could have led to his death. Eglantine still had to nod and give a slight bow of thanks. “But...I thank you for offering a place of refuge. I um...I might need the vacation when all this is over, but after I go back to Mana with Henry,” she joked.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:15 pm

Luminesa wrote:

Eglantine - Difficult Calls

“Well, I suppose...you don’t see a meteor falling out of the sky and making a castle go the way of the dinosaur every day...and then the impact it causes for hundreds of miles around it...Even driving here from Grenoble was frustrating with all the smog...” Eglantine explained. She did not even think how she could talk so casually to such a being. He was pulsating wicked Magic and had just threatened her not to look further into the disaster. Eglantine considered that she had just resigned herself to the insanity of it all. This circumstance was as much out of her hands as it was out of Krol’s hands.

The severity of the situation was broken for just a moment, however. As soon as Krol had finished giving his harrowing warning, Henry’s ringtone played a second time, this time much louder. Henry broke from the conversation to answer the call, and apparently the caller was Rabbit. She could not help but hide a snicker as he strode a couple of yards away to speak, and as she noticed the lich’s eye-socket almost twitch.

“Yeah, um...sorry, that’s...my boyfriend’s teacher, he’s his...his uncle made him his guardian, so he’s kind of like Henry’s...mom. I’d say a ‘dad’ but he doesn’t act like a dad. Anyway, I don’t think he knew that...we were talking,” she apologized, just the slightest twinge embarrassed. At a closer glance, Krol did not seem like the type of being to strike over a badly-timed phone call. Yet one could never be too sure, and courtesy did matter.

Krol at least granted her his guarantee of security, should she come into Kraków. She frowned as she thought about how she would bring her parents, if he really would provide them shelter. They were Rise Mages, but they were also belligerents against Blanchefleur, not for her. I think Mom and Dad would be glad to rest and recover in anywhere but France, honestly, she thought. Her anxiety for her father’s health returned, and she wondered if he would have his left arm when she returned to the hospital.

“Well you did swat her away with that...death spirit you summoned...Though you also almost got my uncle in the impact,” she mentioned. Being fair to Krol, Michel had decided to stay in the line of the spirit’s attack just long enough to laugh at it, which could have led to his death. Eglantine still had to nod and give a slight bow of thanks. “But...I thank you for offering a place of refuge. I um...I might need the vacation when all this is over, but after I go back to Mana with Henry,” she joked.

Henry von Kressel

"Uh... Rabbit... I am glad that you returned to Mana, but I am afraid that your call was rather badly timed. Do not worry, I am fine, Eglantine is fine and all will be explained once we are back to Mana. I can't give you any information right now, since I have a few pressing matters to solve. Auf wiedersehen and stay safe, Rabbit."

Turning off the phone, he realized that now he had to say something about Eglantine's declarations regarding Rabbit. Even when facing a lich and investigating the destruction of her family's ancestral refuge, her sassiness didn't rest for a second. Slowly walking back to both of them, Henry now realized that Kròl threw over the accident a veil that deeply hid: he talked, but didn't speak; he clarified, but didn't explain. However, Henry's mind now faced the effects of his tiredness.

"Pardon the interruption, Rabbit asks as an advisor for my Seat and his location was unknown until this moment. Eglantine... I think we should leave. We know what happened here, we don't know who did it... but we are starting to understand. Besides, we do have other pressing matters to attend and our lungs might be damaged if we stay in this smog for more time."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:42 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine - Difficult Calls

Henry von Kressel

"Uh... Rabbit... I am glad that you returned to Mana, but I am afraid that your call was rather badly timed. Do not worry, I am fine, Eglantine is fine and all will be explained once we are back to Mana. I can't give you any information right now, since I have a few pressing matters to solve. Auf wiedersehen and stay safe, Rabbit."

Turning off the phone, he realized that now he had to say something about Eglantine's declarations regarding Rabbit. Even when facing a lich and investigating the destruction of her family's ancestral refuge, her sassiness didn't rest for a second. Slowly walking back to both of them, Henry now realized that Kròl threw over the accident a veil that deeply hid: he talked, but didn't speak; he clarified, but didn't explain. However, Henry's mind now faced the effects of his tiredness.

"Pardon the interruption, Rabbit asks as an advisor for my Seat and his location was unknown until this moment. Eglantine... I think we should leave. We know what happened here, we don't know who did it... but we are starting to understand. Besides, we do have other pressing matters to attend and our lungs might be damaged if we stay in this smog for more time."

Rabbit - Interrupted

Henry's voice was rushed and hushed, as if he was trying to give plenty of information under a time constraint. Somehow, Rabbit could tell that his tone was due to the growling voice in the background, and he began to wonder. The noise was not approaching the phone, but since his student was hurrying to complete his statement, the Dark Mana Being still had to wonder if Henry and Eglantine were still in some sort of danger. He frowned as he listened and nodded, waiting for a chance to answer Henry. "...I...well...ah...I...very well. Please get back to Salzburg safely, and then we will talk. Or...get somewhere safe, wherever you are. I shall speak to you again soon."

He ended the call, a little surprised that Henry did not even ask how Rabbit had suddenly appeared at Mana. He knew the teacher could not fly or teleport across the Atlantic Ocean. Then again, he was focused on traveling to a safer location, and he did not have time for a conversation. Thus he let Henry go, and he turned his mind back to Artosh. "...Henry seems to be fine, though he did not want to talk at the moment. I suppose he's busy preparing to leave Salzburg. Or he may be dealing with something...or someone...else," he suggested.

Artosh's creation of springtime heat in the room was rather impressive to watch, and if Rabbit had not had to take the phone call, he would have watched with his eyes glued to the sight. He blushed at the sight of Artosh's newly-toned body. Even while he was dressed in a simple blue yukata, he could see his shape and the way the Magic floated around him like petals on the wind. The Fae had strange ways of adding their own form of beauty into things and people, and Rabbit was in awe of how his younger friend had transformed. "...I hope you feel a little better after creating such warmth. Now...why don't you come sit down?" He pat the bed next to him. "I can help you warm yourself a little more." His comment was spoken with a gentle, innocent voice, and he removed his mask to show Artosh the sweet smile underneath the porcelain. A smile he had not seen now for almost a month. Of course, despite the comment being innocuous, he could not tell if Artosh would take it to mean something else.
Last edited by Luminesa on Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 am

Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

Florian had interesting ideas about the challenges Tsukuyomi was facing with Soliel. His solution was... obviously deficient, and lacking of understanding of where Tsukuyomi was coming from. Give Soliel gifts, that will solve everything? Tsukuyomi's problem was not that she didn't, at least on some level understand Soliel's problems, but that she simply couldn't make them matter to her. His problems were so small.

"You know, with so few in our world talented with magic, the mundane people in our world have made incredible strides delving into the mysteries of how the world works with out magic. But, of course, if you know magic, you can exploit what these people have found. Ideas that you could never imagine just by examining the world with magic seem obvious. And then we, with magic, can now use that knowledge. Spells with unimaginable effects become possible with that knowledge. Your home here in this plane has a flaw. One that would escape any magical exploration, but when you use what these mundane mortals have found..."

Tsukuyomi held out her hand, and a rift to her plane briefly formed again, this time to the pinched off segment, where the fundamental laws where inconsistent with existence in Florian's fields. The rift was not truly open, but still some particles of air fell in, being instantly ripped apart, releasing their mass energy, and letting the rift glow bright.

"This is what I mean when I say his problems appear small to me. I did not come here with the intent of fighting you personally if you were a threat. I came here with the intent to annihilate this entire existence. This is what I mean when I say his problems are small."

The small rip in reality held in Tsukuyomi's hand closed just as fast as it had popped into being. Tsukuyomi's tone and expression had been dark, deadly serious during her demonstration. But when she went back to talking about Soliel, he demeanor changed again.

"I don't think little gifts and material objects will be of much value to Soliel. His needs go further than that."

Tsukuyomi looked pensive for a moment.

"He ended up here, and you took him on as a charge. Have you reached out to him since then? We're standing around talking about him behind his back. I think we should involve him, and the boy that has left him so worried."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

Florian had interesting ideas about the challenges Tsukuyomi was facing with Soliel. His solution was... obviously deficient, and lacking of understanding of where Tsukuyomi was coming from. Give Soliel gifts, that will solve everything? Tsukuyomi's problem was not that she didn't, at least on some level understand Soliel's problems, but that she simply couldn't make them matter to her. His problems were so small.

"You know, with so few in our world talented with magic, the mundane people in our world have made incredible strides delving into the mysteries of how the world works with out magic. But, of course, if you know magic, you can exploit what these people have found. Ideas that you could never imagine just by examining the world with magic seem obvious. And then we, with magic, can now use that knowledge. Spells with unimaginable effects become possible with that knowledge. Your home here in this plane has a flaw. One that would escape any magical exploration, but when you use what these mundane mortals have found..."

Tsukuyomi held out her hand, and a rift to her plane briefly formed again, this time to the pinched off segment, where the fundamental laws where inconsistent with existence in Florian's fields. The rift was not truly open, but still some particles of air fell in, being instantly ripped apart, releasing their mass energy, and letting the rift glow bright.

"This is what I mean when I say his problems appear small to me. I did not come here with the intent of fighting you personally if you were a threat. I came here with the intent to annihilate this entire existence. This is what I mean when I say his problems are small."

The small rip in reality held in Tsukuyomi's hand closed just as fast as it had popped into being. Tsukuyomi's tone and expression had been dark, deadly serious during her demonstration. But when she went back to talking about Soliel, he demeanor changed again.

"I don't think little gifts and material objects will be of much value to Soliel. His needs go further than that."

Tsukuyomi looked pensive for a moment.

"He ended up here, and you took him on as a charge. Have you reached out to him since then? We're standing around talking about him behind his back. I think we should involve him, and the boy that has left him so worried."

Florian - A Realm of Possibility

Tsukiyomi did not seem immediately impressed by Florian's answer, and so the Fae and the teacher stared at each other for a moment in silence. Yet at first the strange, otherworldly teacher did not give an answer about Soleil. Rather, she changed the subject to his realm and the physics behind it. Humans tried to understand these unknown worlds by making stories, by trying to fit what did not their worldview into laws and theories. Yet such attempts were as fitting wine into old wine-skins, though Tsukiyomi did not downplay the intelligence of the humans. Rather, she explained that her own understanding was too great, in and sense, and so the conversation in a roundabout way came back to Soleil.

Because she knew so much about Magic, about the world outside of the human world, she found relating to humans challenging. They were not stupid, but she simply knew far too much. She even knew how to possibly destroy Florian's own world, a suggestion which did not shock him, but did worry him. He thought for a second, and then nodded. Now he saw why she felt that she did not have the answers to be Soleil's mother. Focusing not so much on himself since the threat was subdued for now, the Fae King took another step forward.

"From what I have seen of human parenthood, oftentimes there are no set answers. However, sometimes there are. Human parents set bedtimes for children, try to make them eat vegetables, and help them to improve in their studies in schools. Soleil's own parent did not demonstrate these desires, but other mothers and fathers I have witnessed have tried such methods and others. Giving gifts is a part of the experience of the parent and the child, and perhaps Soleil has not received many presents. My point is..." Florian paused, stretching his fingers and tapping them along the end of his sword's hilt.

"Human parents who are good do things for what they hope will make their children happy and healthy. The healthiness is easier to maintain sometimes than the happiness. And for Soleil, both are challenges. However...even if you cannot understand, as I partially cannot understand his feelings, dreams, or desires...Part of his happiness is his feelings, dreams, and desires, and achieving those, so long as they help him to remain healthy. He has not been healthy or happy for a long time. Therefore...continuing to strive for both will help him. As long as you...aid him and guard him...he will know you are his parent and wish to take care of him."
-Alan Jackson

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:40 pm

Luminesa wrote:The Wolves - Caverns and Havens

The wolves continued into the cavern, their sharp, golden eyes searching every rock, every shadow, every crystal. The cave was massive, elaborate, and glittering with all sorts of minerals and formations, both Magical and Mundane, yet equally beautiful to behold. However, these emissaries of the Fae were not coming to enjoy the scenery. They prowled and they crouched as they moved in a pack, their footsteps slow and deliberate, until they came upon a strange light.

The light was violet and electric, and pulsated all around the center of the cavern. The glow was mesmerizing but dangerous, like a Tesla Coil blasting hot electricity around a room. The wolves backed away as they saw the raw power the Magic was exuding, but also because they had no reason to move further. They had found the source of their fears. However, that Magic belonged to the being with whom Florian was talking, and so all they could do now was wait for more orders.

In the meantime, the wolf in Cleo's room raised its nose to sniff the air, as if it could also sense the Magic which its pack had found. The wolf shuddered, but found it could not concentrate on the Magic for long, with Blue pawing at its nose. The creature turned its nose down toward the small puppy, and began to swat back. The two dogs continued rolling on the bed like normal dogs, and Cleo would only be left wondering what made the wolf shudder.

Cleo watched as the wolf raised it's nose, wondering what was going on. Everything seemed really peaceful, despite the blizzard, but she had seen enough magic school movies to know that, at some point, things would get weird. That is, if movies were actually real, which they weren't, but whatever. Blue, meanwhile, seemed to be enjoying herself, probably for the first time since she and Cleo had arrived at Mana Academy. She was bouncing around, yipping joyfully, and Cleo couldn't help but smile.
Suddenly, the wolf shuddered. Wait, what? What happened... Cleo wondered. I mean, sure, I kind of expected there to be SOMETHING weird, terrifying, or whatever, that would happen, but... There was definitely something strange going on.

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am

Artosh Luxenia - Winter Snuggles

Artosh watched as his newfound Magic took hold, spreading the warmth of summer into the room. Small flames light the fireplace as grass and flowers bloom upon his feet and the floorboards. The spark of Fae Magic was revitalizing, life and summer flowing through his veins, rekindling the heat of life in his nerves and filling his bones with the feel good surge of Magic and the wonders it weaves. He sighs and goes for Rabbit's closet, smiling at what clothes he had in his wardrobe. "You really loved kimonos and clothes that are comfortable for cold weather." He takes one, white silk with pink illustrations of cherry blossoms woven into the fabric, and he sits back down with Rabbit. He hugs him as he takes a call. "Are they alright? Is everybody okay over Europe?" He doesn't know much about the situation on the war, but it has always been spats between the Great Houses and their everlasting grab for power. Artosh couldn't help but frown a little as he thought of the future of his students. "...I hope Henry and the rest will be fine..."
Last edited by Finsternia on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:16 pm

The Wolf - Silent Snow

The wolf knew what Florian knew, and thus it tensed for some moments as its master stood before Tsukiyomi. Something about the way she mentioned the hypothetical destruction of his realm sent sharp bristles through its fur. If Florian was in danger, the loyal canine servant could not go to his aid, not unless the Fae King requested him. Yet then peace seemed to settle. Even if that peace was tense, the wolf felt its fur fall back onto its body.

A silent sigh passed through its nose, and it looked to Cleo. Blue was still trying to play, but first the wolf wanted for the girl to know that all was well. Moving toward her, the fierce emissary of the Fae leaned its nose down and rubbed it against her cheek. It hesitated, and then even gave her a cold lick on the same cheek. Perhaps it wanted her to feel safe, or it wanted to assure itself. Either way, Cleo was its friend now. It laid in her lap and watched as Blue ran around on the bed, and the wolf felt some sort of...contentment.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Finsternia wrote:Artosh Luxenia - Winter Snuggles

Artosh watched as his newfound Magic took hold, spreading the warmth of summer into the room. Small flames light the fireplace as grass and flowers bloom upon his feet and the floorboards. The spark of Fae Magic was revitalizing, life and summer flowing through his veins, rekindling the heat of life in his nerves and filling his bones with the feel good surge of Magic and the wonders it weaves. He sighs and goes for Rabbit's closet, smiling at what clothes he had in his wardrobe. "You really loved kimonos and clothes that are comfortable for cold weather." He takes one, white silk with pink illustrations of cherry blossoms woven into the fabric, and he sits back down with Rabbit. He hugs him as he takes a call. "Are they alright? Is everybody okay over Europe?" He doesn't know much about the situation on the war, but it has always been spats between the Great Houses and their everlasting grab for power. Artosh couldn't help but frown a little as he thought of the future of his students. "...I hope Henry and the rest will be fine..."

Rabbit - Flowers In The Snow

As the quick call initiated, and then ended, Rabbit stared at his phone with a little confusion. He himself hoped that the two teenagers would find their way to safety from wherever they might be. He sighed, nodding to himself, telling himself that Henry and Eglantine would be just fine. He closed his phone and put it on the table next to him, only to feel that Artosh had his arms around him.

His body had so much more strength, and thus could tighten and secure hugs without effort. His new muscles swam under that waterfall of silk, lined with elegant pink flowers that bloomed against their white canvas. Rabbit used his one good arm to hold onto one of Artosh’s wrists, and he stroked his arm. The Dark Mana Being’s own hands were still freezing, even after having come into the warm room. He blinked as he looked down at the arm wrapped in silk, and then he turned to his companion nearby.

“...You know that I have always liked clothes to keep me warm...especially for nights like this...” he murmured. He stared at Artosh’s nose, and leaned against him. “...Henry and Eglantine should be alright...They are strong, and from what I heard, I may have even interrupted them while they were doing their own things...I do not know how ‘alright’ everything is...but at least two should be coming home soon...Catherine is...somewhere, perhaps not too far herself...Hopefully she has found her way back to the Academy...” He knew that the Obsidian Towers had landed in the lake near Mana, but he did not know what had happened after he had vanished. Yet if she had survived that far, then she would be home soon. He did not have her number, anyway, and thus could not call her to check. He could only trust that with all of her power, she was safe and strong.

He closed his eyes for a second. Then for a minute. Artosh, in Mana. Here was his home. He took a breath, and removed his mask. Now his dearest friend could see his face again, and could see the tired smile on his face. “...I have waited to see you...” he muttered. Even if he only saw blackness when he removed his mask, the feeling of warmth and tightness around him gave him the sweet peace he wanted. “...Europe has been so...so...lonely without you...You are so full of spring and light...And I have been shivering away in the cold...far from the home I love...” His own silvery hair fell over Artosh’s shoulders, as Rabbit leaned close to him. It was soft and feathery, glistening in the low lamp-light in his room. “...I...needed you...I am so happy to...have you...once again...”
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:08 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine - Difficult Calls

Henry von Kressel

Eglantine - The Long Way Home

Eglantine heard Rabbit’s name over the phone, and she could not help but chuckle. Of course Henry’s motherly teacher would call at a time like this. Henry rushed the talk to completion, as he did not want to keep Krol waiting, yet the Rise heiress could not help but sneak a smirk, as she saw Krol’s impatient glare. He gave the air, anyway, that he was glaring.

Yet her good humor soon sank, as Henry reiterated that nothing else remained for them to garner from this conversation. Krol would not give more details due to a conflict of interests, and the duo could not walk toward the burning rubble without further risking their skins and lungs. Eglantine groaned inside, but she knew that any protests she had could not change the situation. She forced herself to swallow them like bitter cough drops. “...Alright...I suppose we need to...head back. Ugh, getting back on the road from here is going to be fun...” she murmured.

She spent just a moment longer staring at the remains of the castle, at the smoke and dirt that remained of the bane of her childhood. The shock still hung over her. Castle Rise, in all of its horrible majesty, was suddenly not there. The ghosts that shrieked and screamed in the silence only made her shudder more. Her cousins had suffered there. At the very least she wanted closure, so she could close this chapter of the book of her life and turn to another one. Yet for now, the book would remain open to that page, glaring back at her, mocking her for trying to do what she had hoped was the right thing.

With a cough, she motioned for Henry to come to the car with her. She got inside the car, turned on the gas, and mindlessly flipped through a playlist on her phone. She needed something to distract her as she drove back to see her parents. At least they were one shining light at the end of this dark tunnel. She waited for Henry and leaned on the wheel, avoiding Krol’s gaze as she found something to play.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:12 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry von Kressel

Eglantine - The Long Way Home

Eglantine heard Rabbit’s name over the phone, and she could not help but chuckle. Of course Henry’s motherly teacher would call at a time like this. Henry rushed the talk to completion, as he did not want to keep Krol waiting, yet the Rise heiress could not help but sneak a smirk, as she saw Krol’s impatient glare. He gave the air, anyway, that he was glaring.

Yet her good humor soon sank, as Henry reiterated that nothing else remained for them to garner from this conversation. Krol would not give more details due to a conflict of interests, and the duo could not walk toward the burning rubble without further risking their skins and lungs. Eglantine groaned inside, but she knew that any protests she had could not change the situation. She forced herself to swallow them like bitter cough drops. “...Alright...I suppose we need to...head back. Ugh, getting back on the road from here is going to be fun...” she murmured.

She spent just a moment longer staring at the remains of the castle, at the smoke and dirt that remained of the bane of her childhood. The shock still hung over her. Castle Rise, in all of its horrible majesty, was suddenly not there. The ghosts that shrieked and screamed in the silence only made her shudder more. Her cousins had suffered there. At the very least she wanted closure, so she could close this chapter of the book of her life and turn to another one. Yet for now, the book would remain open to that page, glaring back at her, mocking her for trying to do what she had hoped was the right thing.

With a cough, she motioned for Henry to come to the car with her. She got inside the car, turned on the gas, and mindlessly flipped through a playlist on her phone. She needed something to distract her as she drove back to see her parents. At least they were one shining light at the end of this dark tunnel. She waited for Henry and leaned on the wheel, avoiding Krol’s gaze as she found something to play.

Henry von Kressel

As Eglantine entered the car and fog seemed to get thicker by the minute, the ruins of the Rise fortress stood as a testament to a mystery that intrigued Henry's mind. Who? How? Why? Questions that wouldn't be answered now, given the lich's reluctance in giving away the information he possessed. Krol was unreadable in his expressions - partly from his lich's physiology, part from his centuries old experience in politics - which left Henry in a daze. All of these political questions however would be left for later, as Henry now had to attend the matters of the heart.

"Given the nature of this particular expression being one that indicates that we will see each other again, I shall say it with a certain lack of satisfaction. Auf wiedersehen, Krol."

Henry entered the car, as Eglantine drove away carefully until the road could be seen, searching continuously for something to hear. At a loss of words, Henry realized how cluttered her mind probably was. The storm of events caught her off-guard, even if Eglantine probably kept her guard up at all times.

"If you want to listen to something to relax, you could try one of Rabbit's favorite songs."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:29 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine - The Long Way Home

Henry von Kressel

As Eglantine entered the car and fog seemed to get thicker by the minute, the ruins of the Rise fortress stood as a testament to a mystery that intrigued Henry's mind. Who? How? Why? Questions that wouldn't be answered now, given the lich's reluctance in giving away the information he possessed. Krol was unreadable in his expressions - partly from his lich's physiology, part from his centuries old experience in politics - which left Henry in a daze. All of these political questions however would be left for later, as Henry now had to attend the matters of the heart.

"Given the nature of this particular expression being one that indicates that we will see each other again, I shall say it with a certain lack of satisfaction. Auf wiedersehen, Krol."

Henry entered the car, as Eglantine drove away carefully until the road could be seen, searching continuously for something to hear. At a loss of words, Henry realized how cluttered her mind probably was. The storm of events caught her off-guard, even if Eglantine probably kept her guard up at all times.

"If you want to listen to something to relax, you could try one of Rabbit's favorite songs."

Eglantine - Ashes to Ashes

The huge clouds of ash in the rear-view mirror continued to growl and pulse, full of gloomy might, even after Eglantine managed to find a way to get her car back on the road. It was not an all-terrain vehicle, which had made her move rather tricky. She could have popped the car’s tires if she had not been careful. At the moment, however, she did not care so much. Getting new tires for a car stranded outside of Grenoble would have almost been an easier task than dealing with the lack of closure. Even as she knew she could only be thankful for the little bit of information she had gotten from this encounter, she still felt that without proper answers, this drive had been a failure.

For the first fifteen minutes or so, Eglantine let a random playlist play in the car as she got back onto the actual highway toward Grenoble. She did not speed around drivers, but instead took her time and even let people pass her. She did not even look toward Henry, who was also mum as the instrumental lo-fi music played over the speakers. Yet as usual, he found some way to make her talk, and she raised an eyebrow at him as she mentioned Rabbit having a playlist.

“I’ve heard of listening to your parents’ music, but I’ve never guessed either Joachim or your mother really listen to anything beyond classical music. Unless your mom is secretly a death metal fan. But Rabbit?...Oh boy, I’m scared to ask. I’m even more scared to ask how you got into his playlist. But I guess anything to take my mind off...this, at the moment,” she answered, giving Henry a weary smirk.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry von Kressel

Eglantine - Ashes to Ashes

The huge clouds of ash in the rear-view mirror continued to growl and pulse, full of gloomy might, even after Eglantine managed to find a way to get her car back on the road. It was not an all-terrain vehicle, which had made her move rather tricky. She could have popped the car’s tires if she had not been careful. At the moment, however, she did not care so much. Getting new tires for a car stranded outside of Grenoble would have almost been an easier task than dealing with the lack of closure. Even as she knew she could only be thankful for the little bit of information she had gotten from this encounter, she still felt that without proper answers, this drive had been a failure.

For the first fifteen minutes or so, Eglantine let a random playlist play in the car as she got back onto the actual highway toward Grenoble. She did not speed around drivers, but instead took her time and even let people pass her. She did not even look toward Henry, who was also mum as the instrumental lo-fi music played over the speakers. Yet as usual, he found some way to make her talk, and she raised an eyebrow at him as she mentioned Rabbit having a playlist.

“I’ve heard of listening to your parents’ music, but I’ve never guessed either Joachim or your mother really listen to anything beyond classical music. Unless your mom is secretly a death metal fan. But Rabbit?...Oh boy, I’m scared to ask. I’m even more scared to ask how you got into his playlist. But I guess anything to take my mind off...this, at the moment,” she answered, giving Henry a weary smirk.

Henry von Kressel

"Oh, that's not a bizarre story, I mean, it does involve a man wearing a mask discovering streaming services", said Henry as he picked up the phone and searched through his playlists until he found Rabbit's one.

"Basically Rabbit wished to clean something in Salzburg and given his particular insistence, Sebastian allowed him to do it. And then he asked me to put some songs and gave me a few names, I introduced him to Spotify, he delighted himself in this world of songs. A few are... predictable, others not so much. I mean, Rabbit can sing to 'Bye Bye Bye' by NSYNC, which was surprising but... Oh, you'll love this."

A very particular set of guitar notes could be easily recognizable, until Prince's voice could be heard.

"He also can sing to..." - Henry left a few seconds go until he finished his sentence, as if waiting for the perfect timing to say it - "Kiss."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine - Ashes to Ashes

Henry von Kressel

"Oh, that's not a bizarre story, I mean, it does involve a man wearing a mask discovering streaming services", said Henry as he picked up the phone and searched through his playlists until he found Rabbit's one.

"Basically Rabbit wished to clean something in Salzburg and given his particular insistence, Sebastian allowed him to do it. And then he asked me to put some songs and gave me a few names, I introduced him to Spotify, he delighted himself in this world of songs. A few are... predictable, others not so much. I mean, Rabbit can sing to 'Bye Bye Bye' by NSYNC, which was surprising but... Oh, you'll love this."

A very particular set of guitar notes could be easily recognizable, until Prince's voice could be heard.

"He also can sing to..." - Henry left a few seconds go until he finished his sentence, as if waiting for the perfect timing to say it - "Kiss."

Eglantine - Tunes to Drown the Weather

Eglantine smirked at Henry's mention of Rabbit discovering how to stream music. She imagined him trying to click through Spotify to discover songs he likes, almost like an elderly relative learning how to use a computer for the first time. The thought was charming, given that for all of the power he possessed, he was still a being from another time lost in the present time. Thus, Eglantine continued to drive for a few minutes in silence, waiting for Henry to put music on the radio. Something to clear her mind.

"...Oh wow, listening to your teacher's playlist? How scandalous. We ought to tease him about it the next time we get a chance to call him. I have to wonder though how he got back to the Academy so quick..." Eglantine frowned for a moment as she looked back out at the road stretching before her. She was now too focused on thinking to cut anyone off in traffic, though when a car sped past her she made a start to yell at the driver. "...Idiot..."

The snarl did not remain on her face for long, as Henry started to play the music and she heard the bouncing of electric-guitar notes. A little funky introduction began to blast in the car, and Eglantine's face turned beet-red. "...Oh my gosh..." She found herself suddenly busting into laughter. Rabbit, all sweet and quiet, was a fan of Prince. She found herself barely hiding the snicker on her face behind a hand, especially when Henry lip-synced along to the lyrics. "...Please...please tell me...okay, when we get back to the States, we have to find a purple kimono for him. Just as a joke. Oh man. That's amazing..."

"Kiss" ended after a few minutes, and then "Little Red Corvette" began to play. Eglantine shook her head. She found herself cheering-up, at least, as the side-long glances at Henry's antics made her eyes and nose crinkle with her laughter. Her boyfriend being silly was a rare sight, but one she appreciated. Other songs played, and she noticed that Rabbit extensively liked R&B and love songs. "...You know...thinking about it, this makes sense. I'd be more scared to hear my uncle's Spotify...or Lady Sarah's..." she muttered, with a smirk. At the very least, these happy thoughts would hopefully transition into finding her father happy and healthy, recovering comfortably in his hospital in Grenoble.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:42 am

Soleil and Dominique - Shelter From The Storm

A sharp and cold feeling traveled down his spine when Soleil placed his hand on his shoulder. It was sudden and bold. As if he felt ice travel down his back. At first, he slightly arched his back in surprise and his body tensed. And soon afterwards he relaxed his body and welcomed the touch. There he sat silently listening to his words. It was almost poetic. Graceful and almost professional-like. But those last words struck him the lost. "I have lots of terrible secrets." It was as though everyone in this school had some bold and large secrets and skeletons in their closets. Unlike normal teens that may be hiding the fact that they have cheated on tests or skipped class, the students here have darker...more grave and important secrets that can alter history or the world itself. It was almost unnerving and terrifying in a way. But when you are of importance you guess that this is what comes with the job applications.

His train of thought soon left his mind as he saw Soleil slide down beside him. His knees hugging his body. A small wave of relief filled Dominique as he welcomed his presence beside him. Yet he did not say a word. Instead he enjoyed the silence as they both sat there. But for one man’s peaceful solitude was another’s anxiety-ridden torture. The silence was once again broken by Soleil. Who this time asked if they could stay friends. And the sentence afterwards caused a jump of his heart. Dominique tensed up although not visible. He could feel a floodgate within him quickly give way and rush him with waves of emotions and questions.

What does he mean by that? Does he mean exactly what he says he means?
Is this more of a friendly like? Surely it must be. Who in their right minds would look at me and go, “hey he’s pretty nice; I like him?” That’s just not how this works.

He swallowed down his questions and turned towards Soleil. His eyes fixated on him like a cat staring at its prey, waiting to see what will happen next. There was no anger. No worries. No sadness, no surprises. Just pure curiosity. “Now…You like me? Why? What have I done to get you to like me? And what exactly do you like about me?” Dominique inquired with a still curious and almost lighthearted look on his face. Unknowing to him however a small smirk came across his face. Almost as though he enjoyed it. The thought of someone liking him was new and fresh. Although depending on Soleil’s answer can give him a clearer idea of where to head with this.

Dominique became quite tense over Soleil’s answer, and he worried that perhaps his sweet friend was not expecting such a response. Maybe he thought that the younger boy would run away. Yet he stayed, and he gently smiled and put a hand in his hair. It was soft and wooly, like a sheep. He ran a thumb through his hair, mesmerized by his own motion for a few moments. He was not sure why he started, but the sensation was so consoling. Dom was just consoling for him to see, as pretty and thoughtful as he looked.

When Soleil told the older boy that he liked him, he looked startled, but slowly settled into the answer like a hot bath. He became calm, though his eyes remained unblinking as he gazed at Soleil. His eyes were deep and earnest. He wanted to drown in them...

Reeling himself in after a few moments, the Wind Mage took a breath and tried to think of a good way to answer him. At least he was open to listening to Sol. Yet the boy had never had to explain why he liked a person with whom he had only spent one evening. “...When...I found you and...you welcomed me...sang to me...and tried to make me happy...and then you decided to cook with me...I felt special. Y-You...made me feel special. B-But even w-without making this dinner, you...you’re pretty and...funny...and you make a room...this room...brighter...by existing.”

He wondered if he should go for it. His hand was still in Dom’s hair, and staring at him this way made his heart drum hard and loud in his chest. They were in a warm kitchen, waiting for a quiche and cookies to be finished, food they had made together. Never had he ever thought he would cook food with someone, and not with someone as warm and handsome as Dominique. He did like him as a friend, but in the moment his heart was burning for something. He gulped, and just tried to keep the smile on his face.

Made as a collab between Lumi and Saldinado.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry von Kressel

Eglantine - Tunes to Drown the Weather

Eglantine smirked at Henry's mention of Rabbit discovering how to stream music. She imagined him trying to click through Spotify to discover songs he likes, almost like an elderly relative learning how to use a computer for the first time. The thought was charming, given that for all of the power he possessed, he was still a being from another time lost in the present time. Thus, Eglantine continued to drive for a few minutes in silence, waiting for Henry to put music on the radio. Something to clear her mind.

"...Oh wow, listening to your teacher's playlist? How scandalous. We ought to tease him about it the next time we get a chance to call him. I have to wonder though how he got back to the Academy so quick..." Eglantine frowned for a moment as she looked back out at the road stretching before her. She was now too focused on thinking to cut anyone off in traffic, though when a car sped past her she made a start to yell at the driver. "...Idiot..."

The snarl did not remain on her face for long, as Henry started to play the music and she heard the bouncing of electric-guitar notes. A little funky introduction began to blast in the car, and Eglantine's face turned beet-red. "...Oh my gosh..." She found herself suddenly busting into laughter. Rabbit, all sweet and quiet, was a fan of Prince. She found herself barely hiding the snicker on her face behind a hand, especially when Henry lip-synced along to the lyrics. "...Please...please tell me...okay, when we get back to the States, we have to find a purple kimono for him. Just as a joke. Oh man. That's amazing..."

"Kiss" ended after a few minutes, and then "Little Red Corvette" began to play. Eglantine shook her head. She found herself cheering-up, at least, as the side-long glances at Henry's antics made her eyes and nose crinkle with her laughter. Her boyfriend being silly was a rare sight, but one she appreciated. Other songs played, and she noticed that Rabbit extensively liked R&B and love songs. "...You know...thinking about it, this makes sense. I'd be more scared to hear my uncle's Spotify...or Lady Sarah's..." she muttered, with a smirk. At the very least, these happy thoughts would hopefully transition into finding her father happy and healthy, recovering comfortably in his hospital in Grenoble.

Henry von Kressel

"Oh, Sarah listens a bit of everything... Said it helped her to learn languages, specially Spanish if I recall the tale correctly... Hates the old singers though, say they all look like cheap womanizers from bad, bad movies... If you want another funny image, she once danced and sang to 'Bella Ciao' while we visited Italy. Think she has that one in her playlist and... oh, you'll love the next one."

The smooth transition showed that Rabbit really appreciated Prince's works, as Purple Rain started to play as the car now crossed the road back to Grenoble, the ash still falling. Certainly it wasn't purple - and Henry wondered if Prince himself could turn that into a special effect - and certainly wasn't cheering as the hospital became closer and closer, as Eglantine's foot got heavier on the pedal.

"Well... you established a new record. We will be at the hospital in a few minutes, checking on your parents... Are you alright or do you wanna take a breath before we march inside?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse