NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:04 am

Florian - Magic In Flight

A powerful ley-line. He could feel it more clearly now, and Florian narrowed his eyes. The ley-line ran underneath that school, and as Tsukiyomi had activated it, he could feel the power it exuded. Raw, electric, and invigorating. The fact that Tsukiyomi could tap into such power disturbed him, and he found himself preparing Magical Circles all over the Lavender Fields. They glowed a bright gold, gleaming through the soil as they appeared in the tall grass. When the butterflies came, they would see the massive defensive symbols everywhere. Something struck the butterflies before they could reach the Lavender Castle, a sensation that shocked and burned them. An unspoken command written into the DNA of the dreams. Do not disturb the Dream. It exists not for intruders.

Yet before the butterflies were burned, thus attacking Tsukiyomi herself, they would see the vastness of the realm. The castle, as massive as it was, only represented a single corner of the Fields. Even while the rest of the realm seemed to be a never-ending blanket of the same violet flowers, the Magical Circles seemed to open certain places in the ground, and in one large patch of the fields, a massive stone formation began to rise. Covered in sharp, steep crags which looked like a cathedral's spires, it rose hundreds of feet off the ground, quaking the ground for miles around the structure. As it stopped forming, the tops of the spires broke away, revealing massive crystals of adamantine underneath the rock.

A voice called to Tsukiyomi, this time directly echoing in her ears as she reached for the Fields. A cold, admonishing voice. Your actions have put my charge and others in danger. But no matter. I will make sure all is secure.

They glowed an intense violet light, sending a sort of beacon through the rest of the realm. Yet they formed something else as well. A humongous ley-line, pushing through the Dream Barrier and running parallel to the statue under the school.

And you will leave, or meet your end, Devourer.

The Wolves - Ring of Silver

The wolves could feel an explosion of Magic entering from the other realm, and several of them began to raise a silent howl. Human ears could not hear them, but those touched by Magic could, if they were given the ability by Florian. Just like the stony castle created in the Fae Realm, the wolves were a symbol of all-reaching power. Only Tsukiyomi would hear the sound, even as Artosh and Soleil had both been touched by his Magic. Now they were warning her, and they were moving in a clear direction. They redirected their movements and began to trek deep through the blistering woods. The cave, the cave. Somewhere deep below, their target stood, drinking the life-blood of the island. Their King had given them an order, and they would obey.

In the meantime, the wolf next to Cleo sensed that keeping her in the cold would make her unsafe. She needed to be warm, and out of the snow with her puppy. Looking toward the Aquo dorms with mild trepidation, it began to walk away from her, pawing toward the dorms in which her room awaited her. Bring the girl inside. The winter is about to be quite unsafe, Florian murmured to the lone wolf which guarded Cleo and Blue.

Rabbit and Artosh - And Miles Before I Sleep

The walk through the deep woods of Mana, now silent and breathless, allowed for Artosh and Rabbit to trek back to the Aquo Dorm in peace. Of course, they would take a little time to get to their destination. The snow did not make walking easy, and the chill of the November winter along the coast of Wisconsin rattled their bones. Yet Rabbit was more used to the cold, and he held the younger teacher close, as they walked back through the darkness. Frost escaped his breath under his mask, and he could not wait to see his room again. Sanctuary. He was finally back at Mana, though now he had to wonder about Henry and Eglantine. At least once he was in his room, he could use a telephone and contact them. He wondered how he would tell them what had happened.

Yet this moment of quiet with Artosh was a treasure he also wanted to protect. As Rabbit navigated the snow with him, he occasionally looked toward the younger teacher's new face and features. He looked so alive, so invigorated, as if all of spring had gathered together within him to make him bloom into something new. A unique and glorious blossom, blessed by a strange and capricious Fae. He gave much more heat than Rabbit, perhaps due to being blessed by a member of the Summer Court, and he studied the profile of his face, now strong and firm.

"...You know...I had always dreamed...of showing you this part of the woods...It leads to the...more untamed part of the island...It's good...to go away from work for some time...and to see the undisturbed parts of the world..." he whispered. His voice shook as he murmured, and he wanted to stop in the forest to hold Artosh close. He wanted to brush his hair and to feel the newfound strength he had received, the beautiful cure he had longed to find. "...Happiness can be ours...I believe...we can finally say that...Maybe the war will end, and...I will never have to leave you again...Happiness can truly be ours..." he added, interlacing his fingers with Artosh's own.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:04 pm

Luminesa wrote:The Wolves - Ring of Silver

The wolves could feel an explosion of Magic entering from the other realm, and several of them began to raise a silent howl. Human ears could not hear them, but those touched by Magic could, if they were given the ability by Florian. Just like the stony castle created in the Fae Realm, the wolves were a symbol of all-reaching power. Only Tsukiyomi would hear the sound, even as Artosh and Soleil had both been touched by his Magic. Now they were warning her, and they were moving in a clear direction. They redirected their movements and began to trek deep through the blistering woods. The cave, the cave. Somewhere deep below, their target stood, drinking the life-blood of the island. Their King had given them an order, and they would obey.

In the meantime, the wolf next to Cleo sensed that keeping her in the cold would make her unsafe. She needed to be warm, and out of the snow with her puppy. Looking toward the Aquo dorms with mild trepidation, it began to walk away from her, pawing toward the dorms in which her room awaited her. Bring the girl inside. The winter is about to be quite unsafe, Florian murmured to the lone wolf which guarded Cleo and Blue.

What's happening? Or... what's going to happen? Cleo wondered, starting to be frightened. Blizzard? Snow storm? Oh, wait, those are the same thing... Cleo picked up Blue and followed the wolf, who was walking away. It walked toward the dorm which Cleo had been heading for before she had met it. "Okay... you want me to go inside?" She asked as it pawed the door. She wasn't really expecting a response, so she wasn't surprised when it didn't respond. "Alright..." Preparing herself for anything unexpected and potentially dangerous that could happen, she opened the door and went inside.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:38 pm

-?-

There was a lot going on here. After such a boring drift through existence, it was nice to find something going on. Some heavy weights were throwing around their power. That wasn't particularly appealing, but the rifts were. Such a permanent and unserious existence as the Fae were used to was really starting to be a bore. There was nothing ever was ever happening that mattered. It was always bright, sunny and warm. There wasn't anything new to feel after the first few centuries. But here was a new place! It didn't feel of the Fae at all. It was cold, and dark. And all the feeling were so intense. There was hurt here, and it wasn't just a fleeting annoyance. The joy was also magnified, there was none of the blanket, default state of general contentment.

It was so easy to flow through rifts. Sure, there were the big powerful entities playing with each other, but that wasn't very interesting. There was something else. A being that seemed only partially there. A will that was suppressed. It was hard to understand, but they could help! What could be a better way to find all the sensations that this place could offer than moving in with a local?
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 pm

Henry von Kressel

"Let us avoid explosions, as much as I love them... Not exactly safe to rumble a mountain while we are near it. I will try to partly clear it, using the earth contained with the particles of stone. It will help with visibility, but I can't exactly guarantee we'll have a clear sight of the castle once I finish it. In case a creature creeps around me while I do it, please, kill it."

Putting a hand on the ground, Henry used his mana to perceive any particles he could separate. He couldn't move everything at once, but slowly the particles moved in circles, gaining a new shape, transforming into a pillar, connected once again by magic, but making the smog a little less thicker than it was before. As the vision cleared, what remained of the powerful castle that held the Rise dynasty presented themselves before the duo, with a creature standing on the crater, staring around.

"Eglantine... I suppose that isn't one of your relatives, is it?"
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:42 pm

Eliza Hartford
The Sanguine Space Station
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:"Great... an old man and the Queen of all Darkness over here..." Eliza muttered quietly. She assessed her options.

Rene had already vanished in through puddles of water, seeming to sink into them as if they were an endless sea. Depths and depths. Traveling through some plane of interstitial connections between each puddle and waterway. Like veins inside a supernatural earth. Or neural pathways in a brain. Something only there by Rene's memory of them all.

Eliza looked at Michel and Catherine, "well. Knowing how limited our options are... it'll be at a cost. I know at least one... they are a bit stubborn, but they might let us in."

I could easily move on my own... but with more than a few mages... not many Fae would be willing to let us travel. The one I know who might let us... is not the most friendly, but not the worst. I know a creature who lives in the marshes. We will need to travel to the nearest one... preferably near a ley line. She may allow us, but only if we play our cards right."

Florian - A War of Dreams

The Unseelie was moving. His essence was invisible, soundless, and almost untraceable, except by another Fae. Florian clenched the sword at his side, as he stood and looked outside of his castle. This creature was going to try and move through the Hedge toward him. If he could catch him and beat him down, then he would be satisfied. An evil force moving so freely to defy him would not get a foothold within his kingdom. Yet he also had to worry about the girl who would follow, and any allies she had. He could feel immense dark power around Eliza's leyline, as if some dissonance had leaked and had revealed that this enemy was more complex than the eye could see.

"...I'd like to see them try and make their way through the Hedge...even with help, this place is not easy to find...and yet their Magic is possibly stronger than I have anticipated..." Florian muttered to himself. Still lie the question also of Tsukiyomi, and her quick break through the barrier between the human world and the Fae Realm. [i]A two-front war?...At the very least, it shall be in my own land...Let the lands rumble with the sounds of war, if they must. They will learn the power of the Dream.

Rene would feel resistance, as he moved forward. While he moved with all the smoothness of a clear and running river, Florian now placed rocks and dams in the way. Rene could feel shockwaves of mental energy, pushing him back and disrupting his thought-processes. If his memory is what moved him through dimensions, then Rene would feel himself becoming distracted by random, horrible images. Terrible nightmares. Earth with massive wounds from war, corpses of Unseelie, shattered dreams from the Winter Realm fading before him. The images would come and go each time Rene moved, and would assault him with more intensity each time he made a leap.

Michel - Across the Lake

Michel knew that he would have to stay close to Eliza, if he wanted to enter the Fae Realm. Yet she made a mention that such a movement would be risky with so many Mages in tow. Rene had gone ahead, but Rene by himself would not be able to reach and recover Rabbit. Yet he wanted to go to the island, to see if perhaps Rabbit's Mana was somehow on the island. Perhaps the risk would not be necessary. "...If you can actually reach...whatever we need to reach...this friend of yours...I have things I can give to a Fae as an offering. Not material things, but for certain Magical things. But...traveling through the Hedge...might not guarantee that we find Rabbit. We need the quickest way in, and the quickest way out. And uh...I don't know if they'll want me or Catherine, with all the...Dark Magic they probably can smell on us. Unless they don't care about that sort of thing," he explained.

He had a twinkle in his eye as he thought about gifts he could give to a Fae. "Point the way to the marshes. I don't know the topography of this area, so..." He looked to Catherine, since she had attended Mana and would know more about the area. "You've been a student here for a while, I imagine? Where's the nearest marsh? Unless she's talking about marshes that are not in this realm, which...well, I might be able to think of another dimension, but probably not the one we need."
Rene fluttered through the last three distractions. Rocks and barriers. Some kind of mental assault. It was... noticeable. The hedge was less threatening for Fae. More that they are natural travelers and guides between the realms. Between dreams and places like dreams (The hedge). Simply knowing the way through the hedge did not mean there wouldn't be interference. Already on the scent of the magic, Rene had simply to continue tracing it. For an Unseelie, these harsh memories were not new. Even within the court, many Unseelie were vicious and cruel.

Rene peered around him, "Already close enough to begin meddling in my affairs? Usually Unseelies let there little toys handle these things. Foolish."

Rene begins flittering and following around further. Their movement didn't seem as consistent or defined. Instead, it was as if each roadblock led them on a slight new direction. Despite the inconsistency, they seemed to be getting closer and closer to the realm. More specifically, Rene was tracking down the source of whoever felt a need to distract him. He was following through each distraction.

Eliza sighed, "I don't think you know what you are heading into..."

She began to wander towards the nearest marsh. One with a decent enough ley line.

"I'll give you one warning. You do not know what you are doing. Do not enter a contract. Never owe them anything. I despise trying to save fools from foolish bargains."
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:44 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Henry von Kressel

"Let us avoid explosions, as much as I love them... Not exactly safe to rumble a mountain while we are near it. I will try to partly clear it, using the earth contained with the particles of stone. It will help with visibility, but I can't exactly guarantee we'll have a clear sight of the castle once I finish it. In case a creature creeps around me while I do it, please, kill it."

Putting a hand on the ground, Henry used his mana to perceive any particles he could separate. He couldn't move everything at once, but slowly the particles moved in circles, gaining a new shape, transforming into a pillar, connected once again by magic, but making the smog a little less thicker than it was before. As the vision cleared, what remained of the powerful castle that held the Rise dynasty presented themselves before the duo, with a creature standing on the crater, staring around.

"Eglantine... I suppose that isn't one of your relatives, is it?"

Eglantine - Pillars of the Earth

The smog, ash, and stone were still burning hot as they sailed down and covered the valley, and so Eglantine stayed in her car. She could hardly breathe, and knowing that breathing smog and ash could cause her severe damage to her lungs, she put her scarf over her nose and lips as she watched Henry use his Magic to try and clear the area. His eyes were better than hers, as he managed to spot the molten rocks and ash, and he pulled the rocks together with heat and pressure from his Fire Magic. They seemed to flung themselves together, crushing themselves into a strange little pillar which stabbed out of the ground. Sighing with some relief, as their visibility improved a little, Eglantine got out of the car and closed the door behind her. "...Well...that does help a l...Oh...my...God..."

As her eyes turned to the remains of Castle Rise, however, she saw that...nothing truly remained. The majestic, thousand-year-old structure was gone, obliterated by fire and Magic. What had stood only hours ago as a symbol of Rise power and oppression was now nothing more but dust in the wind. She could only hide her dropped jaw so much under her scarf, as she stared upward at the lack of a structure. "...Whatever hit this thing...there's...nothing there..." She began to shake, as she stepped next to Henry and looked around her. The valley was uncannily silent, as if the apocalypse had come in a flash and they were standing in a world reborn, a world remade, with only a giant, mysterious scar to remind them of the past. For a few moments, they seemed to be the only two people left on Earth, and Eglantine's skin went cold. Yet when Henry asked her a question, she then had another reason for her skin to go cold.

A shadow of Black Magic and despair also stood with them, though at a distance, and observed the devastation. She could not guess at their figure when she first saw them, but she knew as soon as her eyes met the figure that it was not human. With some of the visibility returning to their eyes, however, she was able to see that the distant figure was one she had never hoped to see again, one the party had left behind in Poland. "...Not unless my aunt is a Lich. Which...she probably wants to be one, but that's beside the point." She took a few steps toward Krol, but did not move closer. "...HEY YOU!" she yelled, before taking another step. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED HERE?!"
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:54 pm

Saleon wrote:Eliza Hartford
The Sanguine Space Station
Luminesa wrote:Florian - A War of Dreams

The Unseelie was moving. His essence was invisible, soundless, and almost untraceable, except by another Fae. Florian clenched the sword at his side, as he stood and looked outside of his castle. This creature was going to try and move through the Hedge toward him. If he could catch him and beat him down, then he would be satisfied. An evil force moving so freely to defy him would not get a foothold within his kingdom. Yet he also had to worry about the girl who would follow, and any allies she had. He could feel immense dark power around Eliza's leyline, as if some dissonance had leaked and had revealed that this enemy was more complex than the eye could see.

"...I'd like to see them try and make their way through the Hedge...even with help, this place is not easy to find...and yet their Magic is possibly stronger than I have anticipated..." Florian muttered to himself. Still lie the question also of Tsukiyomi, and her quick break through the barrier between the human world and the Fae Realm. A two-front war?...At the very least, it shall be in my own land...Let the lands rumble with the sounds of war, if they must. They will learn the power of the Dream.

Rene would feel resistance, as he moved forward. While he moved with all the smoothness of a clear and running river, Florian now placed rocks and dams in the way. Rene could feel shockwaves of mental energy, pushing him back and disrupting his thought-processes. If his memory is what moved him through dimensions, then Rene would feel himself becoming distracted by random, horrible images. Terrible nightmares. Earth with massive wounds from war, corpses of Unseelie, shattered dreams from the Winter Realm fading before him. The images would come and go each time Rene moved, and would assault him with more intensity each time he made a leap.

Michel - Across the Lake

Michel knew that he would have to stay close to Eliza, if he wanted to enter the Fae Realm. Yet she made a mention that such a movement would be risky with so many Mages in tow. Rene had gone ahead, but Rene by himself would not be able to reach and recover Rabbit. Yet he wanted to go to the island, to see if perhaps Rabbit's Mana was somehow on the island. Perhaps the risk would not be necessary. "...If you can actually reach...whatever we need to reach...this friend of yours...I have things I can give to a Fae as an offering. Not material things, but for certain Magical things. But...traveling through the Hedge...might not guarantee that we find Rabbit. We need the quickest way in, and the quickest way out. And uh...I don't know if they'll want me or Catherine, with all the...Dark Magic they probably can smell on us. Unless they don't care about that sort of thing," he explained.

He had a twinkle in his eye as he thought about gifts he could give to a Fae. "Point the way to the marshes. I don't know the topography of this area, so..." He looked to Catherine, since she had attended Mana and would know more about the area. "You've been a student here for a while, I imagine? Where's the nearest marsh? Unless she's talking about marshes that are not in this realm, which...well, I might be able to think of another dimension, but probably not the one we need."
Rene fluttered through the last three distractions. Rocks and barriers. Some kind of mental assault. It was... noticeable. The hedge was less threatening for Fae. More that they are natural travelers and guides between the realms. Between dreams and places like dreams (The hedge). Simply knowing the way through the hedge did not mean there wouldn't be interference. Already on the scent of the magic, Rene had simply to continue tracing it. For an Unseelie, these harsh memories were not new. Even within the court, many Unseelie were vicious and cruel.

Rene peered around him, "Already close enough to begin meddling in my affairs? Usually Unseelies let there little toys handle these things. Foolish."

Rene begins flittering and following around further. Their movement didn't seem as consistent or defined. Instead, it was as if each roadblock led them on a slight new direction. Despite the inconsistency, they seemed to be getting closer and closer to the realm. More specifically, Rene was tracking down the source of whoever felt a need to distract him. He was following through each distraction.

Eliza sighed, "I don't think you know what you are heading into..."

She began to wander towards the nearest marsh. One with a decent enough ley line.

"I'll give you one warning. You do not know what you are doing. Do not enter a contract. Never owe them anything. I despise trying to save fools from foolish bargains."

Florian - Through the Hedge

Rene was on the move, and was not bothered by Florian's first assault. The Unseelie galloped and curved through the space between reality and dreams like a stallion, ignoring any obstacles that moved toward it. In fact, the distractions seemed to lead him toward his final destination, giving him clues of the puppeteer moving the strings. The Fae King was now more than aggravated. If this Unseelie was as successful as he was in getting through the Hedge, then others of his kind might follow and cause disruptions. He had to wonder if the other force entering the realm was related, but then he shook his head. No, these two forces had two clear, distinguished sources, but one he knew to have Fae energy. The other, Tsukiyomi, was still a mystery to him.

Cursed little beast...he is lighter on his feet than I expected. Perhaps some messenger from the Queen of Night and Air...I would hope not... Florian narrowed his eyes, and he began another attack, this time creating a wall in the Hedge. With the beacon he had created within his realm, he could curve the Magic in and around his kingdom, making Rene's travel more strenuous. The ley-lines curved, knotted, and pulled, creating a space in which Rene was now caught in the tangles of a Magical knot. The Magic ended and began at one point in front and behind him. Now if the Unseelie wanted to keep moving, he would have to untie this knot, or find some way around it. "...There..."

Turning his attention back to the other force in the Realm, he focused on her efforts and studied them. The butterflies he had burned fell and faded into nothing, but some still fluttered about. He walked toward them, always keeping his sword close. When they only seemed to flutter and move around, not attacking as he moved toward them, he frowned. "...Hm. Some sort of...spying technology?...Some passive Magic?..." Speaking toward Tsukiyomi through the ley-line, he explained, "You. I do not know whether I have judged too quickly. Tell me exactly who and what you are, and what these are. I do not have much time for entertaining you, enemy or not. Speak, or I shall make you leave. I do not have time to entertain curious guests or strangers."

The Wolves - Within Mana's Grounds

The Jaegers were a threat the wolves had not considered until now, but as they moved back toward the Aquo Dorm, they could feel shadows, humanoids walking through the snow, silent and watchful. Their aura was...bizarre. Dark, and yet not evil. They did not focus on the wolves, as the wolves had not drawn too close, but they were alert and searching for...something. The ones keeping close to the edge of the woods made sure to move away from them as soon as possible, making little to no noise as they walked. Yet like any animal in the winter, they did leave tracks, and those tracks could be found by anyone.

As for Cleo, the singular wolf leading her to her dorm wanted to return to its pack as soon as possible, and yet it seemed to want her to be safe. It turned and looked at her as she asked it about going inside, as it could not open the door to the building. Yet it seemed relieved when she did enter. Sniffing its surroundings carefully, it entered along with her, shaking its fur to get the snow off its coat and tail.

Nothing in the dorm awakened to greet Cleo, as the man who headed the dorm was still returning from the cold. Yet the wolf had decided that she might be lonely, and had decided to spend a little more time with her, to keep her company. If Cleo looked down at her paperwork, she would see the room she had been assigned. A room between two others, one that was empty, and the other belonging to Allistor. Allistor's room was unoccupied, given its owner was at Shaun's door waiting for him to accept his apology. The other room next to hers was also unoccupied, but due to a lack of a student living in it. The room she had been given was quiet and sparsely decorated, allowing for her to re-create it however she wanted. The bed was soft and warm, inviting her to rest, and she had a single dresser, a TV, and a nightstand, as well as her own bathroom. When she arrived at the dorm, the wolf sat by the door, indicating that this was her room and she should enter. Even if it was not grand, the wolf sensed that this room would give her safety.

Michel - Rules of the Fae

Michel rolled his eyes and ruffled his hair. They had been standing in one spot for so long, who could know what had happened to Rabbit by this point. "...Fine, no deal, no offerings. We just need to try, though. If that marsh will work, somehow, or what Catherine mentioned might work, then we need to do it. We need to go in, get out, and make sure that when we are getting out, Rabbit is with us. And then we need to put him back at Mana and figure what we want to do from there. Or...what you two want to do from there, I doubt you're going to be going in the same direction." He looked from Eliza to Catherine, giving a sort of grim smirk. He knew that Eliza probably would go back to Europe, while Catherine's plans were still in the air.

As for himself, he wanted to see his son, and hopefully sooner than later. He had plenty of explaining to do. "...I'm ready for the risks of entering the Fae Realm, though. I've fought and defended against plenty of Magical forces before. I'll...figure things out, if we get ourselves in trouble. Now...Eliza...since you know best, and Rene hasn't returned yet...lead the way."
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:11 pm

Kròl Dariusz

Kròl knew the two were approaching well before they cleared the ash from the air. He though for a moment about attacking them immediately. There was certainly enough dead around to call powerful servants to aid him. The two would disappear trying to find the secrets of what happened to Rise castle, and it was unlikely he would take the blame. There was a certain appeal to the idea, but little or nothing to gain. Nothing worth the murder of two talented individuals. However, it was likely still a good idea for a small show of force to dissuade them from hostility.

As the Ashes cleared, Kròl's spell completed. The blasted rock under him cracked and broke as a still smoldering skeleton emerged from the ground. Kròl causally drifted onto the blackened skull, before letting his new servant carry him towards the pair of mages. It was quick work, nothing more than animating the skeleton few marks of its life and death left, but it was still the remains of one of Blanchefluer's dragons. A powerful body made powerful undeath, even if he didn't have the time or waste the effort to empower the being, it was still strong.

"That is an impressive tone to take with me. I'm not sure how I would be expected to respond. It is good for you I have not come here for violence. Someone could take great insult from how you have addressed me. It is no matter. Yes, I believe I am certain what happened here."
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:07 pm

Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

For the first time Tsukuyomi decided to respond to the prying of this other being in a different world. "I am a duality. A traveler with no home, who is protective of her home. These constructs are my sensors. I know not if I am your enemy. But we will meet. And you shall make time. Your arrogance in your own realm will do you little good if you are to be my foe."

Even with a few of their number being dismissed there was still enough of the phantasmal butterflies for Tsukuyomi's last experiment. At once, the constructs took to the air, soaring high above the meadow's of he Fae land. They formed a massive circle in the sky, miles across. Another set of the butterflies took position at one point on the ring, forming a dozen smaller rings around it. Smaller beams of light connected those together, forming a web surrounding a section of the larger ring. Light started build along the track of the ring, growing brighter and brighter. The there was flash. It seemed the whole ring lit up before the constructs were annihilated.

Tsukuyomi remained motionless in the cave under Mana. Arcane circuits began to decipher the information from the other world. After a few more moments, she disappeared. Normally she would have to open a portal to move to her own demiplane, but with how thin the barriers were between worlds, she simply vanished from one and appeared in the other. Immediately Liz set to work. She needed to change the basic rules of her own plane. First she split off a small bubble, infinitesimal in size, but still infinite. With such a space, just a little bit of energy was enough to tip the balance. Physics worked just slightly differently there now. A few other tweaks later, and her bomb was ready.

With her preparations complete, Tsukuyomi stepped through the planes again. This time she did need to open a portal, using the connection that the being on the other side had made with her, she opened a portal to his realm. As she moved thought it, she didn't close it. Not completely. Instead she shrouded herself in a cloak of her own demiplane, a layer of defense against the reality bending attacks that could come from planar beings.

"And so it is, we meet."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:13 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Kròl Dariusz

Kròl knew the two were approaching well before they cleared the ash from the air. He though for a moment about attacking them immediately. There was certainly enough dead around to call powerful servants to aid him. The two would disappear trying to find the secrets of what happened to Rise castle, and it was unlikely he would take the blame. There was a certain appeal to the idea, but little or nothing to gain. Nothing worth the murder of two talented individuals. However, it was likely still a good idea for a small show of force to dissuade them from hostility.

As the Ashes cleared, Kròl's spell completed. The blasted rock under him cracked and broke as a still smoldering skeleton emerged from the ground. Kròl causally drifted onto the blackened skull, before letting his new servant carry him towards the pair of mages. It was quick work, nothing more than animating the skeleton few marks of its life and death left, but it was still the remains of one of Blanchefluer's dragons. A powerful body made powerful undeath, even if he didn't have the time or waste the effort to empower the being, it was still strong.

"That is an impressive tone to take with me. I'm not sure how I would be expected to respond. It is good for you I have not come here for violence. Someone could take great insult from how you have addressed me. It is no matter. Yes, I believe I am certain what happened here."

Eglantine - Theory of a Deadman

Eglantine glared at Krol, the still lich looking back at her from a distance. She could feel her hands shaking, but she had endured the sting of Dark Magic many times before now. With Henry next to her, at least she was not confronting him alone. She could imagine already the panic her parents would feel hearing from Henry that their daughter shouted at a lich, of all things. Her mother's terrified and angry, "SHE DID WHAT?!" already echoed in her ears. If she could survive this encounter, however, she would be able to tell the tale herself.

The first sign that she had made a mistake manifested as a rumbling under the ground on which she was standing. She took a step back, fearing an earthquake, but what appeared was worse than an earthquake. A massive dragon's skull, one of a specimen buried and reduced to bone by sheer heat and pressure, erupted from the earth and gave a silent scream as its rotten jaw lurched open. The stench was horrific, and Eglantine kept her scarf over her nose and mouth as her eyes watered. "...Oh no...Oh no..." she murmured, taking another step back but still holding a fighting stance in case of an attack. She watched with morbid awe as Krol mounted the skull and then hovered over to the duo. He had no expression, no tension in his body, he was completely confident that he could kill both Mages in an instant. ...He really could reduce us to zombies in a few moments...if we don't...if I don't act smarter...Keep your head, Eglantine, keep your calm...It's just an...exploded castle...and a skeleton sorcerer staring you down from the top of a dragon...

"...I can't exactly say the last time we saw each other was the friendliest little soiree," she responded with some caution, hearing the sardonic tone of his voice as he first responded to her. No friendship sat between the trio, even if Krol was not an ally of Blanchefleur's. Yet Eglantine herself could not know what side he had picked. Only the head of House Dariusz knew his plans for his undead family. "...I don't know whether or not to trust you completely...but you got here before we did. So what do you think happened here?...Because it looks like a castle that was here the other day got blown off the face of the earth, and there's no remains of any weapon or vehicle that could have done it. Unless a satellite somehow shot and exploded an entire giant castle..."

Eglantine found herself looking back at the building as she addressed Krol, and then she turned back as she heard the dragon's jaw creak. The stench was now too close, and so pungent that she could feel her gag reflex ready to react with a violent upheaval of her last meal. Maybe the lich would know the truth. She hated the fact that she was essentially asking an enemy for help and answers, and she almost wished she was facing Hans now rather than him, but she had no say in the matter. She had picked this encounter, and now she would have it.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:54 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

For the first time Tsukuyomi decided to respond to the prying of this other being in a different world. "I am a duality. A traveler with no home, who is protective of her home. These constructs are my sensors. I know not if I am your enemy. But we will meet. And you shall make time. Your arrogance in your own realm will do you little good if you are to be my foe."

Even with a few of their number being dismissed there was still enough of the phantasmal butterflies for Tsukuyomi's last experiment. At once, the constructs took to the air, soaring high above the meadow's of he Fae land. They formed a massive circle in the sky, miles across. Another set of the butterflies took position at one point on the ring, forming a dozen smaller rings around it. Smaller beams of light connected those together, forming a web surrounding a section of the larger ring. Light started build along the track of the ring, growing brighter and brighter. The there was flash. It seemed the whole ring lit up before the constructs were annihilated.

Tsukuyomi remained motionless in the cave under Mana. Arcane circuits began to decipher the information from the other world. After a few more moments, she disappeared. Normally she would have to open a portal to move to her own demiplane, but with how thin the barriers were between worlds, she simply vanished from one and appeared in the other. Immediately Liz set to work. She needed to change the basic rules of her own plane. First she split off a small bubble, infinitesimal in size, but still infinite. With such a space, just a little bit of energy was enough to tip the balance. Physics worked just slightly differently there now. A few other tweaks later, and her bomb was ready.

With her preparations complete, Tsukuyomi stepped through the planes again. This time she did need to open a portal, using the connection that the being on the other side had made with her, she opened a portal to his realm. As she moved thought it, she didn't close it. Not completely. Instead she shrouded herself in a cloak of her own demiplane, a layer of defense against the reality bending attacks that could come from planar beings.

"And so it is, we meet."

Florian - Between Dreams and Illusions

Upon hearing Tsukiyomi's response, he was not surprised to hear that her logic and words did not seem so human. Any creature who could break through the Hedge without help was special, and one to watch with wary eyes. Yet her response was not hostile. Rather, she seemed thoughtful, distant, and disinterested. She spoke of being a spirit of duality, who wanted to defend her home from danger. He listened, feeling a little insulted by the way that she spoke of him being arrogant in his own world. This was his castle, and in his mind he felt he could defend his home however he saw fit. Yet she did have a point. They needed to know whether they were friends and foes, and so he allowed her to finally push her way into his realm.

Upon arrival, Tsukiyomi would have felt what some of her students had already felt in this dimension, the endless lull of an immortal summer. Sweet-scented flowers, long grass, and a peach-tinted sunset. Despite the aggression Florian had shown her, his kingdom itself now felt peaceful, like a resting place away from the active world in which she usually dwelt. Florian's figure stood outside of the castle, tall and sturdy like a statue of a king, and as his gaze met hers, he approached.

His steps were slow and deliberate, as his eyes absorbed what he saw appear before him. Now, as he saw her for himself, he felt a slight gladness that she was, with certainty, not an Unseelie. Yet her form was hard to decipher. She had mentioned being a traveler between realms, but he had never seen a traveler who looked as Tsukiyomi appeared. She was covered in some sort of reality-bending armor, making her appearance strange and inhuman. "...So you are not an Unseelie. That's good to know. If you had come from the Queen, I would know. I am known as the Lavender King. Knowing now that you are not one of...them...but rather a creature all your own...I am curious about your intentions here. If you do not intend to be an enemy, then you are merely a researcher?...If so...what may I call you...and what do you wish to know?"
-Alan Jackson

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Luminesa wrote:
The Wolves - Within Mana's Grounds

The Jaegers were a threat the wolves had not considered until now, but as they moved back toward the Aquo Dorm, they could feel shadows, humanoids walking through the snow, silent and watchful. Their aura was...bizarre. Dark, and yet not evil. They did not focus on the wolves, as the wolves had not drawn too close, but they were alert and searching for...something. The ones keeping close to the edge of the woods made sure to move away from them as soon as possible, making little to no noise as they walked. Yet like any animal in the winter, they did leave tracks, and those tracks could be found by anyone.

As for Cleo, the singular wolf leading her to her dorm wanted to return to its pack as soon as possible, and yet it seemed to want her to be safe. It turned and looked at her as she asked it about going inside, as it could not open the door to the building. Yet it seemed relieved when she did enter. Sniffing its surroundings carefully, it entered along with her, shaking its fur to get the snow off its coat and tail.

Nothing in the dorm awakened to greet Cleo, as the man who headed the dorm was still returning from the cold. Yet the wolf had decided that she might be lonely, and had decided to spend a little more time with her, to keep her company. If Cleo looked down at her paperwork, she would see the room she had been assigned. A room between two others, one that was empty, and the other belonging to Allistor. Allistor's room was unoccupied, given its owner was at Shaun's door waiting for him to accept his apology. The other room next to hers was also unoccupied, but due to a lack of a student living in it. The room she had been given was quiet and sparsely decorated, allowing for her to re-create it however she wanted. The bed was soft and warm, inviting her to rest, and she had a single dresser, a TV, and a nightstand, as well as her own bathroom. When she arrived at the dorm, the wolf sat by the door, indicating that this was her room and she should enter. Even if it was not grand, the wolf sensed that this room would give her safety.

Cleo looked down at the wolf as it followed her inside. "Something bad really is happening... right?" She whispered. Why is it staying with me? It's protecting me, but... She had no idea what the wolf's motives were, or why it had approached her in the first place, but she didn't seem to have the time to think about it now. "Alright, so, my dorm is... over there." She said to herself, looking at the papers. She looked up and noticed the wolf was sitting next to a door down the hall. So, I guess that's my dorm... How does this wolf know that? Cleo wondered. Well, duh, it's a wolf living on the campus of a school that teaches magic. It might be magical too.
She opened the door, and found a peaceful room. It seems so... empty... She thought. She looked at the wolf and asked, "So... are you staying here for now?"

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

The large pair of Butterfly-like wings on Tsukuyomi's back fluttered briefly before her clawed feet touched the ground. Her inhuman form was still obviously female, with curves expected from a human torso. The form just had extras. Wings, claws, four extra eyes, and another pair of arms. In the fading sunset light, her flesh glowed with a striking pink, darker blues and purple flowing through her body. Tsukuyomi had come here prepared to repel a planar invader with all the power and violence she could muster, but it was seeming less likely that would be needed. The Fairy in front of her spoke of Unseelie, and now that she was here the feel of the Summer Fae was clear.

"Elizabeth Tsukuyomi.. title title blah blah boring reference that sounds impressive. I'm some one that takes great exception to things from other realities playing around with mine. Though, I suppose the you fae are much more closely linked to us than most outsiders. I still can't say I'm a huge fan of my acquaintances vanishing on me. You have a good reason for that?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Florian - Kindred Spirits

Elizabeth's fairy-wings were a beautiful fuchsia-color, translucent and glittering with ethereal light. As they bloomed on her back, she revealed the rest of her form to Florian, who examined her appearance with subtle curiosity. She looked to have the appearance of a humanoid butterfly, graceful and otherworldly. Pinks, purples, and blues glittered off her pretty, feminine form, and yet she had an unsettling aura around her as well. She was not an emotional being, not one looking to seduce either, but rather a logical being looking to shed her human sensitivities to do research on another world, at least for the time being. The Fae King nodded, silently comprehending the strange beauty of this other being as she also relaxed and understood that he was not an enemy looking to annihilate her.

"...A unique name for a feminine being such as yourself. I cannot say I have ever had a visitor such as you. However, if you were Fae, I would not be concerned, given you appear as and give the aura of a fellow of the Summer Court. As for your concerns about me coming into your reality...and taking your acquaintance...you are a teacher at this school then, which my charge attends," he answered. He took his hand off the sheath of his sword, and put his hands on his hips. "Your fellow teacher and another are on the island once again. I wished to bestow a gift upon one, whose actions for others had not resulted in benefits for himself. Since you are here, however, I should say that they are not the only ones with whom I wished to engage. I have my concerns about my charge, and they involve several of your students. But I shall not take them, given that you are an ally and I do not enjoy making enemies. I shall instead invite them, if they wish to settle this predicament."

The Wolf - Companion of Shadows

The wolf looked as if it had understood Cleo's question, but did not know how to respond. Seeing her bed, it hopped onto the mattress and laid its body across the edge, much like a normal dog. All the while, the wolf kept its glowing eyes on the girl and her puppy, as if it was afraid that something might take her if it looked away. When she had asked it whether or not it would stay, however, it did not know. Florian could call the wolf back at any time, but for some reason he would not speak to the wolf. The rest of the pack was out moving away into the forest, and this wolf was here in a dorm room alone. However, Cleo's friendly voice did make the wolf wag its tail, and perhaps it felt it could be comfortable with this new girl.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:44 am

Kròl Dariusz

Kròl Stepped down off the undead's skull, arms raise in suggestion of peace. Eglantine, that was probably who this girl was. Maybe he had been a bit harsh with her. This place, even with her feeling about the owner, was still part of her family's story. Not only that, but there was little chance she would buy any idea this was the Meteoriod the mundanes believed it to be. This was likely the most destructive use of magic in the last century.

"As I think you might already know, this was not the meteor that the mundanes believe it to be. But they are not entirely wrong either. Some one attacked the House of Rise. It is unusual for mages to make space their field of play, but it has happened. And now someone has used that to attack another mage. This... this is much bigger than just a mage fighting another mage though. These actions can not be reavealed to be the work of magic. You have to know that."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Luminesa wrote:The Wolf - Companion of Shadows

The wolf looked as if it had understood Cleo's question, but did not know how to respond. Seeing her bed, it hopped onto the mattress and laid its body across the edge, much like a normal dog. All the while, the wolf kept its glowing eyes on the girl and her puppy, as if it was afraid that something might take her if it looked away. When she had asked it whether or not it would stay, however, it did not know. Florian could call the wolf back at any time, but for some reason he would not speak to the wolf. The rest of the pack was out moving away into the forest, and this wolf was here in a dorm room alone. However, Cleo's friendly voice did make the wolf wag its tail, and perhaps it felt it could be comfortable with this new girl.

Cleo sat down on the bed, next to the wolf. She ran her hand down it's back, hoping to comfort it, and looked out at the blizzard. Meanwhile, Blue was exploring the room. I wonder... why did it come to me? Cleo thought. Am I, like, special or something? Probably not... but it's still weird... Here she was, petting a possibly magical wolf in the middle of a blizzard, on her first day at Mana Academy. Wow. Blue finished exploring the room, and jumped onto the bed. She yipped at the wolf, wanting to play with it.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:44 pm

Kròl Stepped down off the undead's skull, arms raise in suggestion of peace. Eglantine, that was probably who this girl was. Maybe he had been a bit harsh with her. This place, even with her feeling about the owner, was still part of her family's story. Not only that, but there was little chance she would buy any idea this was the Meteoriod the mundanes believed it to be. This was likely the most destructive use of magic in the last century.

"As I think you might already know, this was not the meteor that the mundanes believe it to be. But they are not entirely wrong either. Some one attacked the House of Rise. It is unusual for mages to make space their field of play, but it has happened. And now someone has used that to attack another mage. This... this is much bigger than just a mage fighting another mage though. These actions can not be reavealed to be the work of magic. You have to know that."

Henry von Kressel

"You... are implying that someone weaponized an object so big it could pass through the atmosphere, and even with the losses caused by the ignition of said object, it was enough to make... this much damage?"

Henry looked around as if he tried to determine the size of the object that could be weaponized. Not just that, but the amount of magic needed to perform it and - presumably - land back safely on Earth was astonishing. Certainly the lich knew more than what he initially gave on to, but right know, Henry had to focus on getting out of here alive and not as a zombie, and to find out what happened.

"I am certain you have a few artifacts in mind that could cause... well, this."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:44 am

Eglantine - Darkness From Above

As Krol raised his arms, Eglantine’s mind flashed and her body began to sweat. She wondered if she should prepare for battle. She clenched and unclenched her fists, until she realized that he was not using a spell. His body was not taut with intent, though he did not muscles to tighten or relax. He also did not have expressions, but as the seconds passed and nothing happened, Eglantine realized that she was not a target. He’s...not gonna fight?...Well...I guess I should consider myself lucky... she thought, as she let her arms drop to her sides.

“...There’s...large meteors, yeah...but...they don’t tend to annihilate castles that are...hundreds of feet tall...and specifically those castles and the surrounding mountain...” she agreed. She looked toward the mount in the Alps, which was still pouring ash and smoke around them. Still sweating a little, she took deep breaths into her scarf, which she was glad still smelled a little clean, even if the scent of the superheated volcanic ash dominated the surrounding area.

But who would be able to fight House Rise by firing a giant projectile into the side of a mountain and obliterating a castle? she pondered. House Abendroth first came to mind. Allistor and his parents were quite powerful, and it would be just revenge for Blanchefleur almost killing Allistor. House Von Kressel knew how to use powerful Fire Magic, and Henry himself understood how to control magma and lava. “...I can’t see Lord Joachim walking out here and firing a giant magical missile at Castle Rise...” she murmured.

When Henry asked Krol if he had any weapons to attack such a castle, Eglantine gave him a warning look. The lich had shown signs that he was not willing to attack, and because he was giving valuable information, she did not want to provoke him. “...I’m sure if Krol can control a powerful death god, then he can control a projectile to blow-up a mountain. But if he wanted to do that, I don’t think he would come back to the scene of the crime,” she suggested.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Kròl Dariusz

There was a thought, Kròl could take the blame for this on to himself. That could give him even more leverage against Catherine, the person he was almost certain was responsible for it. However... she was already well in hand, and further displays of violence and force where unlikely to help Kròl for the moment. However, the politics of the magical world took second fiddle here, what was far more important was the border between their world and the mundanes. Kròl didn't want to think what a modern war between the worlds would look like. There were many concerns. What would the Inquisition do? That institution that straddled the worlds. He may have driven them extinct in Polska, but how would the other branches respond? What would the Swiss knights do from high in the mountains? The magic world would have to come up with a unified story on this, they would have to feign ignorance. Kròl would like to have these two on his side.

"Nothing I would do would have these results. For that matter, I believe you are Eglantine Rise? If so I must offer my condolences for any family or friends you lost here. I assume you were not on the best of terms, but this place is still part of your family, your story. Pleasantries out of the way, I would say one simple thing about this event. Don't dig any deeper. Accept the story of a catastrophic natural disaster. Do you understand why?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:50 pm

Elizabeth Tsukuyomi

Tsukuyomi bristled slightly at the familiar tone taken by her host, he was making many assumptions. It was a good sign for future relations, but Tsukuyomi needed more than platitudes and vague statements about gifts and charges. If an outsider was interfering with her plane, he needed a good reason. The Fae did not get a free pass just because they had been doing it for so long. Perhaps Tsukuyomi's hunger was also fueling some of her anger, as this creature did appear quite the feast with his wells of mana. Though he would be quite an intense prey to hunt.

There was a false cordiality in Tsukuyomi's voice. "Then prehaps to avoid any confrontations you should explain in more detail your reason for interfering. By what right do you claim to have such a charge, and what concerns might you have?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:33 am

There was a thought, Kròl could take the blame for this on to himself. That could give him even more leverage against Catherine, the person he was almost certain was responsible for it. However... she was already well in hand, and further displays of violence and force where unlikely to help Kròl for the moment. However, the politics of the magical world took second fiddle here, what was far more important was the border between their world and the mundanes. Kròl didn't want to think what a modern war between the worlds would look like. There were many concerns. What would the Inquisition do? That institution that straddled the worlds. He may have driven them extinct in Polska, but how would the other branches respond? What would the Swiss knights do from high in the mountains? The magic world would have to come up with a unified story on this, they would have to feign ignorance. Kròl would like to have these two on his side.

"Nothing I would do would have these results. For that matter, I believe you are Eglantine Rise? If so I must offer my condolences for any family or friends you lost here. I assume you were not on the best of terms, but this place is still part of your family, your story. Pleasantries out of the way, I would say one simple thing about this event. Don't dig any deeper. Accept the story of a catastrophic natural disaster. Do you understand why?"

Eglantine - Look No Further

Perhaps saying that Eglantine saw the wheels turning in the head of a lich would be inaccurate, as he did not have eyes or the vague expressions required to show a thinking brain. However, she knew that a being such as Krol was not stupid, and the long pauses between his words indicated that he was ruminating over what to say next. Eglantine knew just from looking at the smoldering mountain behind them that the current situation was grave, but she knew that more was at stake the longer Krol took to answer her and Henry. He had his own worries about what had happened, and she had a feeling. Mundane news media had already gotten a hold on the event, and news stations were turning the story on every facet, examining it like a huge, bizarre diamond. Yet even if they could not get to the truth, the Magical media could and would try.

"...I doubt that you couldn't somehow blow-up a mountain with...that skelly-dragon with the rotten breath that you've brought along..." Eglantine began, looking from the looming, undead dragon back to the lich. "...But yes...I am Eglantine Rise, once the heiress apparent to House Rise, but I abdicated my position a couple of years ago. I dunno what you would plan to do with that information, but that's not really my concern right now. I don't exactly mourn my aunt if she's dead. Maybe that castle could have been repurposed into something less wicked...but..."

Krol gave Eglantine a clear and grave warning. Don't dig any deeper. He did not want her to try and understand the story, which irked her. A member of her family, however despicable they were, had potentially died here, and the capital of her family's history was gone in a flash. "...Look. I'm sure you know something that you're not saying...because you know more about forbidden Magic than even I do. And it's not like I would tell anyone who couldn't understand. After all, I have a right to know. Maybe other people, like the journos on TV, don't need to know everything...but Henry and I are not the journos on TV. If this is something that dangerous, and if we can't do anything about it, what if it returns and does something to your realm in...Krakow, was it?...Can you imagine a Mage doing something like that in Poland? Your country is already on the edge of getting invaded by other Eastern countries the moment they get an excuse."

She sighed and gave Henry a tired look. She had come so close to knowing some deep and disturbing truth, but one she had rode a plane and driven to see, a day before she was supposed to go to the States and see her cousin. The world had turned upside-down, and she would not be able to just go back to the States and leave this knowledge behind. Turning back to Krol, she frowned. "...So...look...we can accept that excuse for the sake of other people. But for us...for us it's different. For me it's different. I'm not Tom Cruise in 12 Angry Men, I think I can handle it, if I can handle that my aunt tried to have me possessed by a demon when I was thirteen. And believe me, I don't want to stand in this smog longer than I have to, because I'd rather not suffer permanent lung damage. But if you know something, even a hint or a clue, then you don't have to tell anyone else, and I'm not commanding you to. But it's my history. And I can't do anything to make things right, or to protect the people I love, if I don't know."
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:45 pm

The Wolf - Strange Bedfellows

The mystic wolf had not given much attention to Blue, as the puppy had wandered its new room. The little dog had been scared of its new surroundings, but now that the creature was accommodating to her new home, she was beginning to relax. The wolf had decided to lie on Cleo’s bed and stretch, as if it was ready to sleep after a long day.

However, Blue was not ready to just let the dog sleep. Her tail wagged, as she pawed and yapped at the much larger wolf. The Magical creature turned its eyes toward her, and its own tail began to wag. It drew its nose closer to sniff Blue more attentively, and then pawed at the puppy. Since Blue was so tiny, the wolf decided to treat it like a wolf-pup, casually inviting her to rough-house as its paw plopped on the smaller dog’s nose.

Outside, the world was still freezing, and snow drifted around the island. The other wolves had drawn close to the cave, and were bristling from the overwhelming amount of Magic pouring from within the cavern’s jaws. With caution, they lowered their backs and began to slink into the entrance, hoping to get a glimpse at Tsukiyomi, or any traces of her and her Magic.
-Alan Jackson

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:27 am

Luminesa wrote:Florian - Magic In Flight

A powerful ley-line. He could feel it more clearly now, and Florian narrowed his eyes. The ley-line ran underneath that school, and as Tsukiyomi had activated it, he could feel the power it exuded. Raw, electric, and invigorating. The fact that Tsukiyomi could tap into such power disturbed him, and he found himself preparing Magical Circles all over the Lavender Fields. They glowed a bright gold, gleaming through the soil as they appeared in the tall grass. When the butterflies came, they would see the massive defensive symbols everywhere. Something struck the butterflies before they could reach the Lavender Castle, a sensation that shocked and burned them. An unspoken command written into the DNA of the dreams. Do not disturb the Dream. It exists not for intruders.

Yet before the butterflies were burned, thus attacking Tsukiyomi herself, they would see the vastness of the realm. The castle, as massive as it was, only represented a single corner of the Fields. Even while the rest of the realm seemed to be a never-ending blanket of the same violet flowers, the Magical Circles seemed to open certain places in the ground, and in one large patch of the fields, a massive stone formation began to rise. Covered in sharp, steep crags which looked like a cathedral's spires, it rose hundreds of feet off the ground, quaking the ground for miles around the structure. As it stopped forming, the tops of the spires broke away, revealing massive crystals of adamantine underneath the rock.

A voice called to Tsukiyomi, this time directly echoing in her ears as she reached for the Fields. A cold, admonishing voice. Your actions have put my charge and others in danger. But no matter. I will make sure all is secure.

They glowed an intense violet light, sending a sort of beacon through the rest of the realm. Yet they formed something else as well. A humongous ley-line, pushing through the Dream Barrier and running parallel to the statue under the school.

The walk through the deep woods of Mana, now silent and breathless, allowed for Artosh and Rabbit to trek back to the Aquo Dorm in peace. Of course, they would take a little time to get to their destination. The snow did not make walking easy, and the chill of the November winter along the coast of Wisconsin rattled their bones. Yet Rabbit was more used to the cold, and he held the younger teacher close, as they walked back through the darkness. Frost escaped his breath under his mask, and he could not wait to see his room again. Sanctuary. He was finally back at Mana, though now he had to wonder about Henry and Eglantine. At least once he was in his room, he could use a telephone and contact them. He wondered how he would tell them what had happened.

Yet this moment of quiet with Artosh was a treasure he also wanted to protect. As Rabbit navigated the snow with him, he occasionally looked toward the younger teacher's new face and features. He looked so alive, so invigorated, as if all of spring had gathered together within him to make him bloom into something new. A unique and glorious blossom, blessed by a strange and capricious Fae. He gave much more heat than Rabbit, perhaps due to being blessed by a member of the Summer Court, and he studied the profile of his face, now strong and firm.

"...You know...I had always dreamed...of showing you this part of the woods...It leads to the...more untamed part of the island...It's good...to go away from work for some time...and to see the undisturbed parts of the world..." he whispered. His voice shook as he murmured, and he wanted to stop in the forest to hold Artosh close. He wanted to brush his hair and to feel the newfound strength he had received, the beautiful cure he had longed to find. "...Happiness can be ours...I believe...we can finally say that...Maybe the war will end, and...I will never have to leave you again...Happiness can truly be ours..." he added, interlacing his fingers with Artosh's own.

Artosh Luxenia - Walking Bewteen Dreams and Reality

He was still in quite a shock. Even after speaking his words of thanks, to reaffirming his thoughts and feelings for Rabbit, Artosh's poor human mind is still trying to catch up to the sudden turn of events. He woke up in a rather horrible state, taken to the hospital by John, was whisk away by a Fae Lord alongside Rabbit who then healed his illnesses and regifted him a new seed of magic, and he just confessed once again. All in one day, the events replayed in his mind in an almost nonsensical fashion, like a fleeting dream blown by the winds. He woke up a feeble man, now returning to the Earth far less human. It's odd to have strength to return to degrading bones and muscles, and to hear the gentler tones of magic compared to buzzing and thunderous surges of sorcery.

Rabbit could feel that Artosh has sunk into a dreamlike daze as he stares at trees, bushes, and the starlight night. Before his senses for magic was hunger and thirsty for power yet now he feels like his magic resonates with the music of nature. The winds, the leaves, the soft crunch of snow beneath his feet. It's all different yet the same at the same time. Artosh lightly pinches his cheek with his free hand, giggling softly as he does. "...I am... not dreaming... right?" He looks at Rabbit with soft and gentle eyes and a genuine, albeit tired, smile blooms upon his face. "Yes... Happiness huh... That's something I never thought I'd have... I am happy here though... Teaching and all that but... Now... I can teach my students at full force... You know what I mean?"

He lets Rabbit hold him close. With the snowy, fairytale like forest around him, Rabbit in his beautiful robes and long silver hair, he feels like some wayward traveller being embraced by a Yuki-Ona. Perhaps he is. He wouldn't mind it at all. If it was all just a dream, then he would still be happy with how everything went. "Yeah... After the war huh... Live... not just for me... but for the kids as well..." He laughs as he looks up at Rabbit, into his eyes. He imagines him smiling behind the mask, soft lips curling into a pink crescent, and pale cheeks painted with pink and red. He caresses his mask. "...Let's go back... and tell me stories about what has happened?"
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Wiland Noria
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiland Noria » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:57 am

Luminesa wrote:The Wolf - Strange Bedfellows

The mystic wolf had not given much attention to Blue, as the puppy had wandered its new room. The little dog had been scared of its new surroundings, but now that the creature was accommodating to her new home, she was beginning to relax. The wolf had decided to lie on Cleo’s bed and stretch, as if it was ready to sleep after a long day.

However, Blue was not ready to just let the dog sleep. Her tail wagged, as she pawed and yapped at the much larger wolf. The Magical creature turned its eyes toward her, and its own tail began to wag. It drew its nose closer to sniff Blue more attentively, and then pawed at the puppy. Since Blue was so tiny, the wolf decided to treat it like a wolf-pup, casually inviting her to rough-house as its paw plopped on the smaller dog’s nose.

Outside, the world was still freezing, and snow drifted around the island. The other wolves had drawn close to the cave, and were bristling from the overwhelming amount of Magic pouring from within the cavern’s jaws. With caution, they lowered their backs and began to slink into the entrance, hoping to get a glimpse at Tsukiyomi, or any traces of her and her Magic.

Blue yipped happily as the wolf started to play with her, and Cleo smiled. Watching them play together made her feel better, after all the surprising things that had happened. Outside the window, the blizzard seemed to get worse every minute. It's going to be hard for anyone to get through that storm... and not just for people. She looked down at the wolf, still playing with Blue. Most wolves have packs... Are there other wolves out there? Suddenly, a piece of hail slammed into the window, shattering it. "Ah!" Cleo yelled.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Finsternia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Florian - Magic In Flight

Artosh Luxenia - Walking Bewteen Dreams and Reality

He was still in quite a shock. Even after speaking his words of thanks, to reaffirming his thoughts and feelings for Rabbit, Artosh's poor human mind is still trying to catch up to the sudden turn of events. He woke up in a rather horrible state, taken to the hospital by John, was whisk away by a Fae Lord alongside Rabbit who then healed his illnesses and regifted him a new seed of magic, and he just confessed once again. All in one day, the events replayed in his mind in an almost nonsensical fashion, like a fleeting dream blown by the winds. He woke up a feeble man, now returning to the Earth far less human. It's odd to have strength to return to degrading bones and muscles, and to hear the gentler tones of magic compared to buzzing and thunderous surges of sorcery.

Rabbit could feel that Artosh has sunk into a dreamlike daze as he stares at trees, bushes, and the starlight night. Before his senses for magic was hunger and thirsty for power yet now he feels like his magic resonates with the music of nature. The winds, the leaves, the soft crunch of snow beneath his feet. It's all different yet the same at the same time. Artosh lightly pinches his cheek with his free hand, giggling softly as he does. "...I am... not dreaming... right?" He looks at Rabbit with soft and gentle eyes and a genuine, albeit tired, smile blooms upon his face. "Yes... Happiness huh... That's something I never thought I'd have... I am happy here though... Teaching and all that but... Now... I can teach my students at full force... You know what I mean?"

He lets Rabbit hold him close. With the snowy, fairytale like forest around him, Rabbit in his beautiful robes and long silver hair, he feels like some wayward traveller being embraced by a Yuki-Ona. Perhaps he is. He wouldn't mind it at all. If it was all just a dream, then he would still be happy with how everything went. "Yeah... After the war huh... Live... not just for me... but for the kids as well..." He laughs as he looks up at Rabbit, into his eyes. He imagines him smiling behind the mask, soft lips curling into a pink crescent, and pale cheeks painted with pink and red. He caresses his mask. "...Let's go back... and tell me stories about what has happened?"

Rabbit - Shelter From The Storm

Rabbit watched Artosh as he stood, his body still shaking with wonder and disbelief. He smiled at the younger teacher, watching the sparkle in his eyes as he absorbed everything he had experienced. He then looked at the ground for a moment, and he blinked to see something unusual. Magical lavender and some bright, assorted wildflowers were springing out of the snow. He giggled, before turning his eyes back to Artosh’s face.

“...No...no, you are not dreaming...But if you were, it would be a splendid dream...Neither of us would want to awaken...but the best part is...all of this is real...” He stroked Artosh’s cold cheek, feeling the tautness of skin kissed by the chill. “...You will be able to teach, and to live, and to be happy...We can both be happy...” He felt his heart flutter at the sight of his dear friend’s smile. He would now be able to see many more of those grins, if fate was kinder to them now. As he hugged Artosh and stroked his hair, he felt his heart warming at the thought.

At the mention of the students as well, Rabbit nodded. “...Speaking of the children...I should call Henry and let him know that I have made it back to Mana. Perhaps by strange circumstances...but he does have the gift I meant to give you when I arrived...in a much more conventional manner. You know...dressed in a pink overcoat, standing by the docks, the wind floating around us...a warm embrace in the cold...I suppose that last part did not change...” He gave a chuckle, and at that moment, he wanted to take off his mask and show Artosh the glowing grin on his face.

For now, however, they needed to get out of the elements. Agreeing with his companion that they could go to one of the rooms, Rabbit led them to his room in the Aquo Dormitory. He could have sworn he had felt another Magical presence, but for now both of them needed to get warm. Entering his bedroom after what had seemed like an eternity was a shock, but he sighed with relief the moment he entered. Shelter. “...Ahhhhh...How sweet it is to be home...” he murmured.

He then sat on the bed, and invited Artosh to sit next to him. “Let me make a quick phone-call...and then I’ll tell you the details...” He found the phone in the room-the building was old and thus still had phones in the rooms-and he called Henry’s phone number. “...Let’s see...If I don’t say anything, he’ll get home and he’ll be in a panic...” he muttered. His free hand squeezed Artosh’s, and as he waited for an answer, he also murmured, “If you want to go to your room and get out of those freezing clothes, and into something warmer, I think you’ll feel better. I’m not well-versed in Fire Magic, otherwise I would warm you myself...”
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse