NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:34 pm

Catherine de Sangunine Vivere

Catherine was fine letting the others worry about their false idea's of the blood oath that way it was much less likely they would stumble upon the true weaknesses of her oath. It was subjective. She couldn't bind their wills, so one was only bound by their own understanding of the oath. So if they thought the oath was to dangerous to touch, and didn't try to poke at the seems of what it was capable of, that was all the better.

"Don't worry so much. This is only kind of black magic. The kind of blood doesn't really matter, though I'd probably have to do some weird modifications to account for a creature with out blood entirely. As long as it's a vital fluid and component of your body, it has the connection to you essence needed. Using blood to poke at the soul if you want to get spiritual."

Catherine had felt the magic flow into place, so she moved on to working the actual binding. If they hadn't muttered, or thought along with the spell, she would have felt the magic fail to connect with them. Catherine had no idea what she would have done if some one refused the oath, so it was good it didn't come to that.

"Shouldn't have to worry about the towers trying to eat Rabbit. Sure his blood is weird and he's all dark magic-y, but not really the kind of magic that would get this place going. Now, I want to get this right. So shut up while I finish getting the binding right. It'll probably take awhile."

Slowly, the words of the oath began to form in the air out of their mixed blood, in Catherine's home tongue. The rather anti-climatic English. The thick, blocky letters hung there between them surrounded by further runes of power twisting, turning and forming new connections as Catherine worked the magic. Poking the soul as she had said before.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sangunine Vivere

Catherine was fine letting the others worry about their false idea's of the blood oath that way it was much less likely they would stumble upon the true weaknesses of her oath. It was subjective. She couldn't bind their wills, so one was only bound by their own understanding of the oath. So if they thought the oath was to dangerous to touch, and didn't try to poke at the seems of what it was capable of, that was all the better.

"Don't worry so much. This is only kind of black magic. The kind of blood doesn't really matter, though I'd probably have to do some weird modifications to account for a creature with out blood entirely. As long as it's a vital fluid and component of your body, it has the connection to you essence needed. Using blood to poke at the soul if you want to get spiritual."

Catherine had felt the magic flow into place, so she moved on to working the actual binding. If they hadn't muttered, or thought along with the spell, she would have felt the magic fail to connect with them. Catherine had no idea what she would have done if some one refused the oath, so it was good it didn't come to that.

"Shouldn't have to worry about the towers trying to eat Rabbit. Sure his blood is weird and he's all dark magic-y, but not really the kind of magic that would get this place going. Now, I want to get this right. So shut up while I finish getting the binding right. It'll probably take awhile."

Slowly, the words of the oath began to form in the air out of their mixed blood, in Catherine's home tongue. The rather anti-climatic English. The thick, blocky letters hung there between them surrounded by further runes of power twisting, turning and forming new connections as Catherine worked the magic. Poking the soul as she had said before.

Rabbit and Michel - The Law Is Subjective Now

Catherine had told both Mages to make their oaths in their minds. They had to repeat the oath line-by-line. However, Rabbit doubted Catherine's ability to control their minds. Sure, if he tried to break the oath now, he would be stabbed. However, if he tried to break it later, only then would the oath have any effect. Would I die if I broke it?...No...That would be quite the kill-switch...but I don't know...if she has that ability. Though I could be wrong. Rabbit personally wished that Catherine understood her powers better, as these weaknesses could be deadly against people who were not allies. He himself wished that he knew what she had been studying all alone. After all, she was playing with incredibly dangerous Mage. Michel, however, smirked. He just wanted to be done with this awful ritual. "...Heh...well...as long as this is...done soon. Just a little more painful...than a flu shot..." he murmured.

Rabbit was silent, practically praying his oath in his mind. He knew the people he would talk to about the upcoming incident, if he needed to pass the information to someone else. While the number of people was not high, he knew that if somehow people were to believe the group died in the incident, or if they believed the incident was going to repeat itself with more innocent people, or if something even more ridiculous was to happen, he could give the truth to a small, select group of people. Perhaps when I do so, I can actually have an oath written...so they cannot give that information away...But that will have to come later...

Admittedly, the Dark Mana Being did feel a bit drained with the castle taking his Mana. As soon as he was finished, he took away his hand and began to heal the leaking hole in his palm. He sighed, and looked at his arm which was still healing. The muscle and bones were mostly reformed, but the skin was not intact. For the moment, his left arm still looked like a monstrous, clawed, deep-purple appendage. "...I made my oath, dear. I...I can't keep my hand there for too long..." he explained. He looked around at the knights behind him, hoping they would not move toward him. Michel continued his oath, however, and Rabbit watched him in silence.
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:36 am

Dominique Corleone

The coldness of the air didn't let up for anyone as the day went on. Everyone for the most part was quiet and indoors. That is, except for a certain student. Dominique arrived to the housing of the wind mages to see a specific someone. He agreed one day to practice his music with him. As well as learn more about him as well. He only really seen him with either Shaun, Allistor, or just about everyone else. Yet not himself. Now it would probably be a good time to get out and see what he's about. He sighed and shook the chill off his body before knocking on Soleil's door. His heavy hand echoing through the area as he didn't know his own strength. In his other hand he tightly gripped onto the handle of his saxophone case as the subtle heat from his body warmed his hand; a little too warm now that he thought about it. His hand felt a little damp from his sweat.

"Hey Soleil. It's me, Dom. I'm uhh here. I just hope that you are in there." Dominique said in a booming yet calming voice. "It's getting pretty chilly out here."
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Henry and Eglantine - Salzburg, Austria

"...Well what else do you think is 'off'? I mean, high-school romance is not something we can really fix by just hopping across the pond and giving Allistor a good talk. We've already tried that over the phone," Eglantine answered, as she began to pick-up the dishes and to put them in the sink. Henry's anxiety made her nervous. She had wondered what else he was sensing could be wrong, and she had asked, but he would not give her a straight answer. In the meantime, Chloe hopped out of her lap and began to race around her heels. "Ack! Chloe, you're gonna trip me!" Eglantine scolded her puppy, moving her feet around as she grabbed the dishes.

Turning back to face Henry, she saw the pensive look in his eyes...or in his one working eye, anyway. He had said they needed to rush back to Mana, but now he was changing his mind. Now he was saying he needed to rest. After putting dishes in the sink and turning on the water, she whirled around and put her hands on her hips. "Look. You need to make-up your mind. Do you wanna go back now or do you wanna stay for the rest of the day? We got ordered out by the Committee, and as much as I hate that, I dunno what will happen if we try to stay another day. Either way, I'm gonna get dressed, and we'll try and go to the doctor, maybe get something to eat this afternoon, and then come home and make some final decisions. Okay?" She walked out of the room to let Henry think, and she went to her room.

Pulling on a blazer over a black dress and some boots, she stared in the mirror with a sigh. "...Should I stay or should I go..." she mumbled. Chloe seemed like she wanted to answer her with a yelp. Without a clear answer, she walked back to the kitchen after a few moment. Magnolia had climbed on top of Kaiser and seemed to be exploring his fur. Chloe had taken a dive in her food bowl. And Eglantine stood by the doorway, tapping her foot.

Saturninus Rise - Vienna, Austria

Saturninus stared at the flame like a moth would stare at the light. He was not afraid, but rather transfixed. A fire could end his miserable nightmare, but only if he allowed it to end it. Yet he did not trust Amber to fire the flames at him. Something about her posture and voice suggested that she also was not stable. She was afraid for many reasons, and the fear dripped out of her pores as she stood in front of him. He approached her, drawn to her almost as much as he was drawn to the flames. "...Your father has requested information from Blanchefleur Rise, and I have that information in a letter meant for him. I need to give it directly to him. If you...will lead me to him...you will never see me again. If you do see me again...You can...kill me. Just...take me to him," he explained, exhausted already from speaking.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:15 pm

Saldinado wrote:Dominique Corleone

The coldness of the air didn't let up for anyone as the day went on. Everyone for the most part was quiet and indoors. That is, except for a certain student. Dominique arrived to the housing of the wind mages to see a specific someone. He agreed one day to practice his music with him. As well as learn more about him as well. He only really seen him with either Shaun, Allistor, or just about everyone else. Yet not himself. Now it would probably be a good time to get out and see what he's about. He sighed and shook the chill off his body before knocking on Soleil's door. His heavy hand echoing through the area as he didn't know his own strength. In his other hand he tightly gripped onto the handle of his saxophone case as the subtle heat from his body warmed his hand; a little too warm now that he thought about it. His hand felt a little damp from his sweat.

"Hey Soleil. It's me, Dom. I'm uhh here. I just hope that you are in there." Dominique said in a booming yet calming voice. "It's getting pretty chilly out here."

Mana

Evening had come, and with it, panic at the school. John had reported to the school that Artosh was missing, and Cecily and the rest of the staff were trying to scramble to find a sub while Artosh was located. A couple of hours had passed, and while the students were not told all of what had happened, Soleil had figured it when he had gone to the infirmary. He had looked to talk to Artosh about things on his mind, but now that he was missing, he hoped he would be found soon. He could not help in the investigation. Even the investigators who were looking for the missing teacher and patient were struggling, as there had seemed to be no trace of him when he disappeared. Even the video cameras could not decipher how he had suddenly vanished.

John could not help but pace around the hospital as he remained on the phone with an investigator. Cecily had been stocking the shelves and helping with patients in another room, and as she had left the room, she had heard clips of his conversation. "Yes, I told you, I was with him...Yes...I came back...No, I didn't see who came in the room...Yes...No...I have no idea...Yes, it was related to his blood, but...His primary care doctor?...He probably doesn't even know about his condition...I'd have to look through his medical records...Yes...Well whatever hematologist went in that room, I never sent for him...You need to...I've never seen him in my life...No sir..."

The day dragged toward the evening, and Soleil sat in his room, sketching in his journal. He had notes he needed to study, but he was not in the mood. He had decided to take his mind off the day by doodling, until he heard someone at the door. Soleil looked-up, and he heard Dominique at the door. He was loud, but calm, and most importantly he was not angry at him. He stood and walked to the door to let him in, and he held open the door. "H-Hi! Please come in! Um...I-I have hot chocolate I can make, and um...we can talk, if you want...Unless you needed something..." He had not talked much to Dominique before, but he was open to making more friends.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:18 pm

Dominique Corleone

Dominique looked down at Soleil as he towered over him. It was like looking at a child opening the door for their parents' guests. He smiled and grunted in acceptance to Soleil's company. "Hm, no I needed nothing specific. Well just to spend time with out, that's all. Shaun and Al are...somewhere, along with my man Oliver, so I'm just here to speak with you! I never got to know you that well so now I feel as though this will be the perfect time to spend some free time together, I guess. Plus, I wanted you to help me with my practice. Since you're a wind mage, I guessing that you would have some experience with working with brass and wind instruments." Hearing the mention of hot chocolate, Dom's eyes widen and grew in excitement. Its been years since he had some and couldn't wait to see what he was missing out on.

"Dope man! Uhh... I also brought some snacks as well. Just some Oreos that I keep on me whenever I get hungry and need a quick snack. You're welcome to have some if you'd like." Looking down at Sol, he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a packet of Oreos to show him with a cheeky smile on his face. Realizing that he was invited in, Dominique shook his head and walked inside, careful not to bring in any of the outside in Sol's dorm. He placed his case down on the wall beside them and took off his coat to reveal a simple navy blue button turtleneck and jeans. He puffed his cheeks and slowly exhaled before speaking once more. "So...What shall we do now? This is your home, your rules."
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Dominique looked down at Soleil as he towered over him. It was like looking at a child opening the door for their parents' guests. He smiled and grunted in acceptance to Soleil's company. "Hm, no I needed nothing specific. Well just to spend time with out, that's all. Shaun and Al are...somewhere, along with my man Oliver, so I'm just here to speak with you! I never got to know you that well so now I feel as though this will be the perfect time to spend some free time together, I guess. Plus, I wanted you to help me with my practice. Since you're a wind mage, I guessing that you would have some experience with working with brass and wind instruments." Hearing the mention of hot chocolate, Dom's eyes widen and grew in excitement. Its been years since he had some and couldn't wait to see what he was missing out on.

"Dope man! Uhh... I also brought some snacks as well. Just some Oreos that I keep on me whenever I get hungry and need a quick snack. You're welcome to have some if you'd like." Looking down at Sol, he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a packet of Oreos to show him with a cheeky smile on his face. Realizing that he was invited in, Dominique shook his head and walked inside, careful not to bring in any of the outside in Sol's dorm. He placed his case down on the wall beside them and took off his coat to reveal a simple navy blue button turtleneck and jeans. He puffed his cheeks and slowly exhaled before speaking once more. "So...What shall we do now? This is your home, your rules."

Soleil

Dominique was massive, compared to Soleil. Then again, most of the students were bigger than Soleil. The younger boy looked up at him, a little nervous. Yet apparently all Dom had wanted to do was to spend time with him. He was right in saying they had never spoken much with each other, and so he figured spending time with him would be productive and healthy for both boys.

He watched Dominique remove his jacket, and he noticed his playful smile. Quickly, a blush came to Soleil’s face, and his eyes looked to the floor, only for him to look up again when he saw the Oreos. He took two or three out of the pack, and smiled. “Th-Thank you! Um...I’ll make the hot chocolate...” He walked to go pour the mix and some milk into two cups, and put them in the microwave. He then turned back to Dominique. He...he does seem nice...He even offered me snacks...

Now with his blush a little more evident, Soleil stammered-out a response. “Um...um...I-I don’t know many...instruments. In fact...I’ve been learning the flute...I-I used to know the piano...” he murmured. He grabbed the cups of hot chocolate, and he gave one to Dominique, before he continued. The heat from the steam only highlighted the blush on his own face. “...Wh-What...instrument...you play the saxophone, right?...” He recalled his playing at the Tournament, but did not remember much else about his music-playing skills. “You’re...probably better than me...Y-You should show me how to play...” he commented.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

Dominique Corleone

Dominique looked down at Soleil with a raised eyebrow and confused look on his face. His face was starting to get redder than it was before.
"Huh." Was all that he said to himself as he watched Soleil make the hot chocolate and smiled. "Normally I would have my father's crew make hot chocolate the Italian way. But I would consider this a new experience in life. I should make it for you one day. Sarà la migliore cioccolata calda che tu abbia mai avuto!" He said while waving his hand in a stereotypical Italian motion as he looked for a spot to sit down. He simply chose a spot on the floor next to his case and picked it up, sitting it in his lap.

"Yeah! I play the saxophone! But I also play the piano and a little bit of drums. And nahhh don't worry about who's better or worst. It's just for fun. And sure, I'll teach you. Though its been a while since I actually knew the basics." He crossed his legs and opened the clamps to his case and popped it open.
There he revealed his prized possession: a rose gold alto saxophone. The keys were pearl plated and marbled with rose gold as well. All along the body of the sax were engravings of vines and roses, entangling the instrument. Putting down the case, Dominique looked down at it and smiled, almost entranced with its beauty. "Yeah, this is her. I had it custom made for me, right down to the certain key spaces to make sure that I played evenly with no problems. Plus, I think our hand sizes are quite different so it may be a little bit more challenging for you." He lifted his left hand to show Soleil his palm. Even from a distance, it was apparent that Dom's hands were twice as big as Sol's. "But, I think you'll be fine."

Dominique began twisting and turning keys and knobs on the sax to adjust it while talking to Sol. "So, how have you been? It's been a while since I've talked to you. As a matter of fact, I don't really remember there being a time I talked to you." He chuckled before adjusting his legs. He folded one leg under him as he stretched the other one in front of him. "Sorry. I'm just a little too old for all of this heh."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Dominique looked down at Soleil with a raised eyebrow and confused look on his face. His face was starting to get redder than it was before.
"Huh." Was all that he said to himself as he watched Soleil make the hot chocolate and smiled. "Normally I would have my father's crew make hot chocolate the Italian way. But I would consider this a new experience in life. I should make it for you one day. Sarà la migliore cioccolata calda che tu abbia mai avuto!" He said while waving his hand in a stereotypical Italian motion as he looked for a spot to sit down. He simply chose a spot on the floor next to his case and picked it up, sitting it in his lap.

"Yeah! I play the saxophone! But I also play the piano and a little bit of drums. And nahhh don't worry about who's better or worst. It's just for fun. And sure, I'll teach you. Though its been a while since I actually knew the basics." He crossed his legs and opened the clamps to his case and popped it open.
There he revealed his prized possession: a rose gold alto saxophone. The keys were pearl plated and marbled with rose gold as well. All along the body of the sax were engravings of vines and roses, entangling the instrument. Putting down the case, Dominique looked down at it and smiled, almost entranced with its beauty. "Yeah, this is her. I had it custom made for me, right down to the certain key spaces to make sure that I played evenly with no problems. Plus, I think our hand sizes are quite different so it may be a little bit more challenging for you." He lifted his left hand to show Soleil his palm. Even from a distance, it was apparent that Dom's hands were twice as big as Sol's. "But, I think you'll be fine."

Dominique began twisting and turning keys and knobs on the sax to adjust it while talking to Sol. "So, how have you been? It's been a while since I've talked to you. As a matter of fact, I don't really remember there being a time I talked to you." He chuckled before adjusting his legs. He folded one leg under him as he stretched the other one in front of him. "Sorry. I'm just a little too old for all of this heh."

Soleil

“Oh! I-I...um...I-I can prepare it the nicer way...if you want...oh...I-I do have a chocolate bar somewhere...I-I can...” Soleil became flustered at first, as Dominique mentioned that he was used to hot chocolate made the fancier way. The younger wizard had only been able to get the Swiss Miss packets, but with chocolate bars he could make nicer hot chocolate. Yet Dom assured him that he was not being a bad host, and he sighed his relief. Dom even offered to make him some one day, and Soleil blushed. “Oh! Oh...thank you...I would like that...” he murmured.

As he took a sip, he thought, however, about “his father’s crew”. He did not know Italian, but hearing about a “crew” made him curious. Most of the students had wealthy families, but at this point his was the only family that was inherently suspicious. Yet he refused to say anything rude to Dominique about his family, as suggesting his family was the Mafia for being Italian was racist. He looked down at his cup, as he sat down next to Dom.

He did look up, as he noticed the beautiful saxophone that his classmate showed. Rose-gold, sparkling, and designed with roses and vines, it was a well-loved piece of work. Soleil admired it almost as much as his new friend, and he watched him adjust the knobs. Dom now turned the conversation back to him, and Soleil sweat trying to think of an answer.

“...W-Well, um...Since we came back from the...Tourney...m-my mother is dead, so...I am now the Heir of House Rise...” he explained, “...A-And then we...we had everyone leave for war, so...I was upset...I um...I decided to...try and talk more to Shaun...I’ve been...practicing my Constructs...and um...Allistor returned. I realized then that I had feelings for both of them...after I...had already lost two girls I had feelings for as well...” He trailed for a moment, as he let all of this information process. So much heartbreak, all in the span of maybe a month. He took a deep breath.

“...I...sparred with Allistor when he returned...Shaun got mad at both of us...and now they need to talk to each other. I um...I holed myself in my room...and I...I feel horrible. But...you coming to see me made me feel better...” Soleil looked at Dominique and smiled at him. “...Thank you...S-So, um...wh-what have you been doing?”
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:09 pm

Dominique Corleone

"Oh! No, no. I'll be fine. I'll just do what I usually do. I like to dip my Oreos inside of my hot coco. It has a nice, warm, soft combination that you just can't beat. Try it and see how it goes." Dom looked at the cup that Soleil handed him and sniffed it, before taking a quick sip. The sudden heat from the coco made his body jolt. He even burned his tongue a bit. But after taking another sip, he sighed and smiled just as warmly as the hot chocolate itself. He pulled out another packet of Oreos and opened them, letting Soleil have the first pack. He dunked his cookies in the coco and swirled it around for a few seconds before taking it out and basically inhaling it.

"Amico, va bene. Grazie ancora. Thank you." He chuckled as he watched Soleil sit down next to him. There he listened to Sol speak about everything going on. His eyes widen as he tried his best to internalized all this information. It was all so sudden and confusing that he just sat there in silence only sipping his coco and eating his cookies. Then Sol put the ball into Dom's court suddenly. He chocked on his cookie a little and coughed before thinking of what to say to him. "Oh...Oh wow. That's a lot man. I-I'm sorry to hear about all the stuff that you've been through." He said with a deep sigh.

Well, I guess that explains why I haven't seen what's-her-face around here lately. And feelings for Shaun AND Allistor? God, this dude is like a little hopeless romantic. I don't even know where to start with this.

Dominique noticed Sol eyeing the sax and chuckled under his breath. He then used his free hand to move it from his own lap and into Soleil's lap. He knew that he was rather too...careful with things and wouldn't let it get damaged. Taking another Oreo and inhaling it in his mouth, he began talking. "Well, I've been fine. Far less uneventful compared to you." He joked, trying to make light of the situation. "Besides the usual school work, I've been mainly chilling in my room, practicing music, doing a few light workouts, and keeping Prince from going after Shaun's cat. But...overall...Everything has been quiet and normal. For not that is." He trailed off before taking a sip from his cup again. "And um...also I'm really sorry to hear about your mother...I know what it's like to lose one." Sighing, he forced a laugh and sat there in silence, eating his cookies.

"But eh, life happens. As they say, it is what it is."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:54 pm

Soleil

“...My mother was...not a good person...F-For most of my life...sh-she treated me as a slave...or...she acted...a-as though I...do not exist...” He stroked the beautiful shapes carved into the side of the saxophone, entranced by their elegance and precision. If only he never had to think about his mother’s abuse again. Maybe more music would make the thoughts go away.

He faced Dom as he saw him nearly choke on an Oreo, and he felt even worse. He knew he had overloaded him with information. Nobody could create words of sympathy or words of kindness fast enough to guard themselves against such a long congo of trauma. Yet Dominique did not seem willing to leave him. Even if he did not have much to say, he was good company who was willing to try and talk.

“...Your mother...was she a kind person?...Y-You seem nice, after all...Y-You...must have learned from her...” Soleil forgot that Dom had just mentioned his father being alive, but he wanted to know a story of a better childhood, a happier one. He liked happy stories more than depressing ones like his own.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 am

Dominique Corleone

"Well, that's the thing." He interjected with hollow sigh. "I never really knew her...well my real mother. From what my father told me, she died during childbirth. Of course, he waited over ten years to tell me this, after getting me out from the adoption agency; I had to spent most of my childhood in. And the foster parents that took me in, well, they weren't even worth being called mothers. They were all just in it for the money.

It took me until I was eight for my dad to 'find me,'" he motioned with air quotes, "and adopt me. And the reason he knew that he was my dad? Well a simple DNA test proved it. But I had my suspicions. But by the time I met him, he had already remarried. Now she?" Dominique sighed and chuckled. "She was the best woman I've met so far in my life. She was caring, sweet, spoiled me like I was her own. She was the one that got me into music, cooking, just being myself. Yet my dad really resented it. Yet she tried her best to make sure that he wouldn't doing anything too serious."

Sighing, he finished the rest of his hot chocolate and placed the cup beside him. "So...yes. I would say she's a kind person. I feel as though if my rea-my biological mother was still here, that she would be what my mother is now. Heh, sorry for all that. I guess this is my character backstory huh?" He laughed and looked at Soleil.
"Now, I'm sorry for what your mother did to you. Hell, she shouldn't even be called your mother. Just the woman who gave birth to you. Because a mother wouldn't do that to her child. Now I know that I can't help you in the past, but I can help you right now in the present so you can look forward in the future without any overbearing storms. It may take time; this isn't something that you just forget. This...stays with you forever. And now, you must learn how to just live with it and not let it take over your life. You have people now that care about you; Shaun and Allistor. Regardless of...whatever y'all have, they still love you and will care for you."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:46 pm

"Well, that's the thing." He interjected with hollow sigh. "I never really knew her...well my real mother. From what my father told me, she died during childbirth. Of course, he waited over ten years to tell me this, after getting me out from the adoption agency; I had to spent most of my childhood in. And the foster parents that took me in, well, they weren't even worth being called mothers. They were all just in it for the money.

It took me until I was eight for my dad to 'find me,'" he motioned with air quotes, "and adopt me. And the reason he knew that he was my dad? Well a simple DNA test proved it. But I had my suspicions. But by the time I met him, he had already remarried. Now she?" Dominique sighed and chuckled. "She was the best woman I've met so far in my life. She was caring, sweet, spoiled me like I was her own. She was the one that got me into music, cooking, just being myself. Yet my dad really resented it. Yet she tried her best to make sure that he wouldn't doing anything too serious."

Sighing, he finished the rest of his hot chocolate and placed the cup beside him. "So...yes. I would say she's a kind person. I feel as though if my rea-my biological mother was still here, that she would be what my mother is now. Heh, sorry for all that. I guess this is my character backstory huh?" He laughed and looked at Soleil.
"Now, I'm sorry for what your mother did to you. Hell, she shouldn't even be called your mother. Just the woman who gave birth to you. Because a mother wouldn't do that to her child. Now I know that I can't help you in the past, but I can help you right now in the present so you can look forward in the future without any overbearing storms. It may take time; this isn't something that you just forget. This...stays with you forever. And now, you must learn how to just live with it and not let it take over your life. You have people now that care about you; Shaun and Allistor. Regardless of...whatever y'all have, they still love you and will care for you."

Soleil

Hearing Dominique's story put a sobering mist into the atmosphere around Soleil's room. The older boy did not know his biological mother, and thus he had been passed through foster homes. His father had seemingly left him to pass through random families, until he finally decided to step into the picture and to take his son. Why a father would wait so long to save their son, he did not know. Then again, the parents of the Mana children did not seem like normal individuals. At least, his own were not, but neither were Dominique's or Allistor's. Or Henry's. Aria did not even have parents. Kasumi and Hikari had terrible parents, from what he remembered. He knew nothing about Shaun's parents.

Fortunately, Dominique's story took a better turn. The mother he knew for at least six or seven years was a much better mother than he could have ever wanted her to be. She had managed to give him all of the happiness he had missed for ten years of his life. She had given him a life, hobbies, gifts, affection, all of the things a mother was supposed to give. For a second, Soleil's heart panged. He wanted to meet this mother who was kind, doting, and loving. Who showered her son with presents, who encouraged him to learn and to be happy. Yet he knew better than to envy. He had Tsukiyomi, and while she did not act much like a conventional mother, she was still seeking to care for him, and he had to give her a chance. After all, she had only just adopted him.

"...I-I do...have a lot of friends...I'm...v-very happy for that. I just...don't want them to be angry with each other..." He twiddled his thumbs before looking back up at Dom. "...But...as for...m-my mother...She is gone, and...all she left me was pain. But I...I will get over that hill...I-I'm trying to trek that hill now. And...I'll be happy...more than happy...when I finally cross over that hill." He looked out the window at the snow, before he thought about the instrument in his lap again. "...I don't have a flute with me...but...I've been practicing...playing music with the wind. Would you...like to see?...M-Maybe you can learn it too...I-It's not a perfect skill of mine, but...I-I have been...playing with my Mana a little...to try and make it work..."
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Dominique Corleone

Dominique sighed softly and chuckled. "Well that's the thing; just because people are your friends and get along easily with you, doesn't mean that they would do the same for each other. And if it's about Shaun and Allistor, then...well they'll have to figure this stuff out for themselves. Both of them are too headstrong and try to overpower one another. Hell, stubborn even. But eh, they'll try and work something out."

He looked down at Sol as he listened to him speak about his mother. He leaned his head back against the wall and stared at the ceiling, smiling softly upon hearing Soleil's words of optimism and perseverance. "Good...that's good..."

At least someone at this school is able to not be so hung up on the past.This seems to be a very recurring theme with these royalty types. Especially the European ones. No wonder they get themselves killed.

However the conversation turned back to instruments and Dom looked at his sax and nodded at Sol.
"Yeah sure. I haven't played a flute. I have played a recorder when I was little. Not the same, I know but eh, they're in the same family." He giggled in his deep and warmly tone.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Luminesa wrote:Henry and Eglantine - Salzburg, Austria

"...Well what else do you think is 'off'? I mean, high-school romance is not something we can really fix by just hopping across the pond and giving Allistor a good talk. We've already tried that over the phone," Eglantine answered, as she began to pick-up the dishes and to put them in the sink. Henry's anxiety made her nervous. She had wondered what else he was sensing could be wrong, and she had asked, but he would not give her a straight answer. In the meantime, Chloe hopped out of her lap and began to race around her heels. "Ack! Chloe, you're gonna trip me!" Eglantine scolded her puppy, moving her feet around as she grabbed the dishes.

Turning back to face Henry, she saw the pensive look in his eyes...or in his one working eye, anyway. He had said they needed to rush back to Mana, but now he was changing his mind. Now he was saying he needed to rest. After putting dishes in the sink and turning on the water, she whirled around and put her hands on her hips. "Look. You need to make-up your mind. Do you wanna go back now or do you wanna stay for the rest of the day? We got ordered out by the Committee, and as much as I hate that, I dunno what will happen if we try to stay another day. Either way, I'm gonna get dressed, and we'll try and go to the doctor, maybe get something to eat this afternoon, and then come home and make some final decisions. Okay?" She walked out of the room to let Henry think, and she went to her room.

Pulling on a blazer over a black dress and some boots, she stared in the mirror with a sigh. "...Should I stay or should I go..." she mumbled. Chloe seemed like she wanted to answer her with a yelp. Without a clear answer, she walked back to the kitchen after a few moment. Magnolia had climbed on top of Kaiser and seemed to be exploring his fur. Chloe had taken a dive in her food bowl. And Eglantine stood by the doorway, tapping her foot.

Saturninus stared at the flame like a moth would stare at the light. He was not afraid, but rather transfixed. A fire could end his miserable nightmare, but only if he allowed it to end it. Yet he did not trust Amber to fire the flames at him. Something about her posture and voice suggested that she also was not stable. She was afraid for many reasons, and the fear dripped out of her pores as she stood in front of him. He approached her, drawn to her almost as much as he was drawn to the flames. "...Your father has requested information from Blanchefleur Rise, and I have that information in a letter meant for him. I need to give it directly to him. If you...will lead me to him...you will never see me again. If you do see me again...You can...kill me. Just...take me to him," he explained, exhausted already from speaking.

Henry von Kressel

"Whatever you order, general. I'll change my clothes, be right back."

Even if Eglantine delivered it without a certain elegance, she was right. He had to make up his mind, and every decision came with its advantages and disadvantages. In one hand, returning to Mana would imply in a safer place than Salzburg right now, but he ran the risk of not going with Michel and Rabbit losing any possible information on Catherine during the process. Staying, however, would give him a little bit more resting time, but knowing Mana, chaos could break out at any given moment.

Putting on a suit, he went down the stairs with a set of keys on his hand, before realizing that driving around town with just one working eye probably would get him a fine. His eyes went back and forth between the key and Eglantine, before the words struggled their way out of his mouth.

"You'll drive."

Amber von Kressel

"... Say it to me. My father is in a meeting right now and I will tell him everything you tell me... And I can't let you escape! Which is why I will... I will... Imprison you, yes. So give me the letter, I will read it, and my father will know what to do with whatever that is written there."

With slow, carefully measured steps, she approached Saturninus, a fire ball still present in her other hand, while her other hand was extended towards the boy who was recently brought back to life through unholy means. His appearance, even if it wasn't rotten, transmitted to her a feeling of constant stress that caused her a grave unease that made her unable to stare at his eyes at any moment of the conversation.

"Give it to me."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Henry and Eglantine - Salzburg, Austria

Henry von Kressel

"Whatever you order, general. I'll change my clothes, be right back."

Even if Eglantine delivered it without a certain elegance, she was right. He had to make up his mind, and every decision came with its advantages and disadvantages. In one hand, returning to Mana would imply in a safer place than Salzburg right now, but he ran the risk of not going with Michel and Rabbit losing any possible information on Catherine during the process. Staying, however, would give him a little bit more resting time, but knowing Mana, chaos could break out at any given moment.

Putting on a suit, he went down the stairs with a set of keys on his hand, before realizing that driving around town with just one working eye probably would get him a fine. His eyes went back and forth between the key and Eglantine, before the words struggled their way out of his mouth.

"You'll drive."

Amber von Kressel

"... Say it to me. My father is in a meeting right now and I will tell him everything you tell me... And I can't let you escape! Which is why I will... I will... Imprison you, yes. So give me the letter, I will read it, and my father will know what to do with whatever that is written there."

With slow, carefully measured steps, she approached Saturninus, a fire ball still present in her other hand, while her other hand was extended towards the boy who was recently brought back to life through unholy means. His appearance, even if it wasn't rotten, transmitted to her a feeling of constant stress that caused her a grave unease that made her unable to stare at his eyes at any moment of the conversation.

"Give it to me."

Eglantine - Salzburg Drift

Eglantine smiled as she saw that Henry agreed with her immediately. He rose to go get dressed, and she sat in the kitchen waiting for him. The peace of being in the large kitchen and dining room by herself made her feel relaxed. She stretched her legs out as Chloe rushed back, nearly knocking into Magnolia in the process. Eglantine wondered how they would bring the little creatures on the jet. They needed some pet-carriers. "...Might have to go shopping for pet supplies before we leave..." Eglantine muttered. She then grinned as Henry walked back into the room, dressed in a suit. "We're not going to court, Henry, we're going to the doctor. But that's fine."

After she gave her comment, Henry gave her another surprise. He was allowing her to drive. "...All the way to the doctor?...Okay." She was calm, but she gave a smirk. Henry had a Bentley, and it drove fast. She had not driven her own car in some time, and would feel good being in the driver's seat. They could always take a limousine, but she did not mind getting the chance to drive. She let Sebastian know to watch the animals, and then she got into the driver's seat. Turning-on her GPS on her phone, she handed her phone to Henry. "Buckle up, gonna see if we can get there in under a half-hour," she suggested.

Saturninus - The Messenger's Qualm

"...It details...that...Great Lord Joachim...has told Lord Heinrich to prepare and take...Lord Manfred's land..." He gulped as he gave the deadly message. He let her touch the envelope, as though he was waiting for her to take it. Already he hated himself for taking part in this horrible task. He waited for her to take the message, to stab her family-member in the back. He knew the destruction his actions would cause. He wished that Amber would tell him not to do this, that he could leave with his conscience intact. Yet he felt that she would side with her father, and she would not stop him. Yet his eyes pleaded for mercy, for understanding. For someone to take him from his nightmare and to help him to find the light. "...Go ahead...take it. If you want to destroy your family...as mine has been destroyed...take it..." he snarled, finally finding the strength. "My sister has killed herself. One of my cousins...may or may not be dead. My father is gone...If you want your family to be destroyed...then take this letter. If not...go inside...and do not tell them that I came..." he murmured.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:13 pm

Dominique sighed softly and chuckled. "Well that's the thing; just because people are your friends and get along easily with you, doesn't mean that they would do the same for each other. And if it's about Shaun and Allistor, then...well they'll have to figure this stuff out for themselves. Both of them are too headstrong and try to overpower one another. Hell, stubborn even. But eh, they'll try and work something out."

He looked down at Sol as he listened to him speak about his mother. He leaned his head back against the wall and stared at the ceiling, smiling softly upon hearing Soleil's words of optimism and perseverance. "Good...that's good..."

At least someone at this school is able to not be so hung up on the past.This seems to be a very recurring theme with these royalty types. Especially the European ones. No wonder they get themselves killed.

However the conversation turned back to instruments and Dom looked at his sax and nodded at Sol.
"Yeah sure. I haven't played a flute. I have played a recorder when I was little. Not the same, I know but eh, they're in the same family." He giggled in his deep and warmly tone.

Soleil

Shaun and Allistor were both strong-willed people in their own rights. Allistor demonstrated his will more through his Magic than in his interactions with others, but he intimidated and commanded others enough that he did not have to use his will. Yet Shaun, despite his lesser influence on other students, managed to be strong enough to stand-up to him. He had reprimanded Allistor and Soleil for their reckless actions, and now was potentially still sore over the whole matter. Yet one of their wills would have to win, or they would have to meet in the middle and reconcile with each other. He sighed as he agreed with Dominique's statement about them, but he knew he could not do anything about their situation right now.

Beside that, he wanted to enjoy this time with a potential new friend. He looked around his room for the flute he had carved, and he showed it to Dom. "...Apparently...there are YouTube videos you can watch...on how to carve a flute. Um...I cut my hand a couple times...b-but that was a few weeks ago, don't worry!" Soleil still had faded scars on his fingers, one from a time in which he had nearly sliced open his finger, but some band-aids and some cleanliness had helped. "...So...I-I made it...because I left my...my real flute...at home. Um...b-but it's good to start anew!" His flute in his hands was small, short, and made from birch wood, pale ivory in color with some simple carvings on the side. A tiny word was written in French on the side: Charillon.

He began to blow into it, while placing his fingers over the holes, and he began to play a simple song, Frere Jacques. Slowly, he demonstrated how blowing while holding his fingers over different holes made different sounds. Soleil had never taught someone how to play an instrument before, but he enjoyed the sensation of playing the flute. The sweet, soft, whistling sound that came from the flute was a consolation that reminded him he was making progress. Then he was still learning how to use his Magic with it. "...It's...kind of like playing the saxophone. Th-They're both wind instruments..." he mentioned. Dominique's laugh distracted him, however, from whatever else he had wanted to say. Dominique had a sweet laugh, with a full, warm tone that came from the chest. And also from the heart. He found himself blushing again, and remembered how much he enjoyed the sound of others laughing around him. He had not heard too many people laughing around him recently, except Oliver and Ambrosia, and Dom's giggle was a welcome sound.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:46 pm

Calixte and Apollinaire

Prison took away many things from Eglantine's parents. A sense of time, a sense of schedule, and a sense of peace. Apollinaire slept with one eye open every night, even if he did not know when night fell anymore. Calixte slept in the cell next to him, trying to move as close as close as she could to her husband, but with no success. The wall between them was several inches too thick for her to feel any warmth, and as much as they tried to whisper to each other, days passed when Calixte did not have the strength to speak. Her growing weakness made Apollinaire more determined to leave.

"...There's gotta be a way out...Somehow..." Apollinaire murmured one morning, as he was looking over the raggedy clothing he had been wearing for far, far too long. He was sure he had fleas or ticks in his hair, as he was itching monumentally, and he scratched his head as he sat upright. Today, he was determined to leave, and to take Calixte with him. How they would get off the mountain, he was not sure. But he would do his best. He needed to keep his Magic intact until they left, however, so he could not use much Magic. "...Calixte..."

"..Hm?" He heard her awaken from a light, pained sleep. He wished he was next to her. "...What?"

"Call one of those...servants down here...I need breakfast..."

Stumbling to her feet, Calixte walked to the wall and pressed a sigil for contacting the servants. They were only allowed to get help if they needed food-once a day-and if they needed to go to the bathroom-once a day. They were given a change of clothes when they went to the bathroom. Even so, they were given peasants' clothing, and were not allowed much time to bathe, sleep, or eat. Even pressing the wall to reach them was a taxing effort, but a maid seemed to appear in no time at all. Calixte gasped as a red-eyed, black-haired little maid appeared in front of her cell.

"How may I help you?" The servants were far, far too chipper. They were all too happy to talk to the prisoners, which disturbed them immensely. They did not seem to be human, even as they acted vaguely like humans.

Apollinaire stood and he grinned. "...Some breakfast, please. Eggs...hash browns...coffee. Thanks," he managed to speak, "for the both of us, by the way."

The servant hurried away into the shadows, while from the opposite end a shrill growl echoed. The dragons. They were not too far away. The couple was always wary of their roars and growls, as they were the signs of starved, angry dragons. If they got loose, they would eat everything and everyone in sight. Hence the need for the duo to hurry and leave.

Yet the food seemed to take forever to arrive. An hour passed, maybe an hour-and-a-half. Calixte groaned in her cell. Apollinaire turned to her cell. "Hang in there. We'll be okay. Trust me," he said, as he waited along with her. When the food was coming down the stairs in the hands of a servant, however, the scent awakened something like a starved beast inside his own stomach. Their only meal of the day. Fortunately he had asked for something with a lot of protein. Yet the smell made him almost forget his plans. Apollinaire could feel his mouth watering, a sensation that was so rare to a noble who could have had anything he wanted, if he was at home. Or at that cursed hotel in Norway.

"Your food sir?"

Apollinaire looked at the plates. No sharp knifes, just spoons. Blanchefleur was not a fool. The coffee was not hot enough to cause burns, either. "Thanks," he said to the servant.

She seemed to start walking away without waiting for a comment, only for a burst of boiling coffee to come spilling from the cell next to his. Calixte had taken the next step, heating her coffee and tossing the cup at the maid. It was a small, projectile fireball, created in a single, well-planned motion. The maid screamed once, and then hit the ground, her face covered in horrible burns. Apollinaire could not help but grin, as he knew she had thought the same thing he had. "...Coffee isn't worth it anyway...probably poisoned..." Calixte mumbled.

"No, pretty sure she wants us barely alive. Can you reach her for something on her person? Some kind of weapon? Quick, before they get down here and swarm," he warned.

Calixte created a whip out of her Fire Magic, and she managed to find something on the maid's person. A dagger. Apparently, that was all the self-defense a little maid needed against two Rise Mages. Calixte took hold of it, and began to heat it in her hand. However, as the dagger fell into her hand, something sounded all around them.

BrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

"That dagger had some sort of alarming spell on it! Quick! Break the bars! Calixte!"

"I'M HURRYING!" She began to slice away at the bars, re-heating the dagger as often as she could without breaking it. The bars were fragile enough, and as she cut them, she attempted to kick them loose as well. Her physical strength was not at its peak, so she had to continue with the knife.

Apollinaire tried the same idea, forcing himself to kick hard with the power of sheer rage. He hated the fact that his legs shook while he was trying to hit. He also began to hear skittering from the stairs, meaning that their time to escape was coming to a quick close.

BRAANG!

Several bars from Calixte's cell came loose, and as she slipped through the bars, multiple maids all appeared, each holding daggers. Their eyes were the same, glaring shade of red, all glowing and prepared for battle. They did not speak, but they came by the dozens, surrounding Calixte. The Rise Mage smelled some sort of poison, and she felt her strength coming back. They were blocking her from Apollinaire's cell, waiting for him to break-out so they could attack him as well. Summoning her will to live, the Rise Mage made more flames in her hands. She began to throw the fireballs, knowing she had to move quickly, and a storm began.

The maids leapt at her with all the speed and grace of panthers, daggers drawn to try and stab her multiple times at once. At least a dozen of them got blasted away with fireballs, flying into opposing sides of the narrow corridor. She managed to get the dagger to Apollinaire, who heated it and began to jiggle the lock. He figured this would be faster, and after a few moments he managed to either get the lock off or to knock over a bar.

Whichever happened first, he was out, and he hurried to his wife's side. As soon as he met her, however, one of the maids came behind him and bit him in the shoulder, cutting into the muscle. "GAAAAH!" He used his free arm and stabbed the maid with the same dagger he had in his hand. With multiple hot stabs to the face, the maid fell over in a bleeding, gushing heap, while others came to rush him. In the meantime, he felt his arm tingling and pulsating. "...I don't like that...I don't like that at all..." he muttered.

"Drop the dagger and start firing! Fast!" Calixte shot more bullets of fire out of her hands, plowing through the crowd of servants and creating a path of escape. With the alarm still buzzing in their ears, she grabbed her husband's arm and began to hurry to the doors. "...Blanchefleur is going to come soon, I just know it...This is horrible...Imagine your own sister...doing all of this to you..."

"We can discuss everything...everything wrong with her...once we're in a hospital...I think I've been poisoned..." Apollinaire could feel his arm continuing to tingle, and with no way to reasonably clean it, they had to move fast. "...Find a window. Any window. And break it. I don't care where we fall. I have a way to do this...just...find a window..." He was already starting to sweat, and he dreaded the outcome of this attack on his body.

As they reached the door of the dungeon at the top of the stairs, Calixte shot it down with more fire. She heard footsteps down the hallway. Fast, rushing footsteps. She hurried to a side-corridor and began to look for a window. "...This castle...does it have any?!" She ran looking through several rooms, which seemed to all look the same. Endless rooms with only the most narrow of windows. If they had to leave through the front door, they would be killed. Blanchefleur would not let them go, Apollinaire would die of poisoning, and Calixte would be executed. The morbid thoughts rushed like a river through her mind as she reached a room near the very back. "...A bedroom?"

A stairwell. Up a winding stairwell ran the two Mages, desperate for a way out of their misery. Finally, they seemed to reach the first floor, and they were finally able to breathe air that was not stale and cold. Yet the castle itself was still freezing, and they had no time to waste. Calixte had stopped for just a moment, checking the front area, and there was Blanchefleur. Standing silently, looking around the room. Waiting. She could hear their breathing. She knew she could hear their breathing.

Without speaking, the couple headed back in the other direction. A window. A window. A large window. They rushed around, the sounds of skittering feet never too far behind them. Finally, a window. Calixte rushed to it, and looked at her husband. "...Are you sure about this?" she questioned.

"It's all we've got, honey. Break the window and go," Apollinaire repeated.

With that, Calixte kicked through the window, and down the couple fell. With no ground in sight, they were heading straight down. Apollinaire quickly gathered his Fire Magic reserves and created a launchpad made of fire. When the two landed on it, he made another. They jumped, and continued in this pattern. With each launchpad, they made sure to get further and further away from the castle. The cold, brisk, suffocating mountain air filled their lungs and made them both feel immediately exhausted, but they could not rest. Apollinaire continued to use his Magic, knowing that he could not make his way all the way to the ground. Yet he knew he had to help his wife. "...I can't...go the whole way...You'll have to do the rest...I'll let you know..." he muttered to Calixte, as he felt the poison seeping through his body. He felt he was going to vomit, but he could not vomit now.

Nodding, Calixte was entirely aware of how dire the situation was. They had escaped, but they were not yet free. Several hundred feet passed in about five minutes, and her husband was getting tired. Knowing that he would die if he depleted his Mana, she took the initiative and made another flaming launchpad half of the way down. "...Hang on..." she muttered to him, as she brought the both of them down to earth. They landed...somewhere outside of some city. They did not know where they were, but they needed a hospital. The duo disappeared into the streets, looking desperately for help. The clock was ticking, and Apollinaire was leaning more and more on his wife's arm.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:51 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine had willed the towers to release the damaged component about fifteen minutes ago. The time to release it coincided well with the end of the Oath ritual. It was just in time. Catherine had been keeping the deceleration of the towers inline to match this as close as possible. They would release the dead tower, then let it sail by as they kept on the brakes. Catherine was doing this all by feel, imagine what she wanted and letting the magic of the Towers carry it out. She only had a rough idea of the numbers and math involved.

13,000 kilometers above the Earth came the tower release, leaving the rest to continue their gentle .5 g deceleration. 27 minutes later the party would hit Earth's atmosphere themselves.

The lone, weaponized tower entered earths atmosphere at 18,584 meters per second. It contained almost 200 megatons of kinetic energy. Less than half of that was bled from it by the atmosphere. It struck the mountains in the french alps with twice as much energy that mankind's most powerful weapon. It was fortunate that Blanchefluer lived in relative isolation. For a short time, a second sun rose as the first set for the people of Grenoble. The Rise tower stopped being engineering and architecture, and simply became physics.

Guillaume Rise

Guillaume had left the castle for a hike. He took any chance he could to get out. He was a black sheep of a minor Rise off shoot, not strong enough for anyone to care about. Not smart enough to find a way to advance with out magical strength. So he was sent here, and was now little more than a clerk. His unremarkably had served him well at this time, he never did anything important enough to garner the attention of the big wigs at the top of the totem pole. He kept logs, he bought supplies, he occasionally managed other workers at the castle. That's not to say he was a good man. He was perfectly happy living vicariously through the achievements of his more capable relatives. As long as Rise had power, and kept getting more, he could excuse his own failure and unimportant.

But it was nice to get out of the Castle, that great, oppressive building. He could watch the sunset from the eastern ridge of the valley, looking out over the castle and the alps. He didn't often to get to go out, and it was nice to relax a bit, even as everything seemed to be going to shit around him.

The lighting changed. That was the first thing. The tree cast dual shadows. Guillaume couldn't understand, until he looked up. A column of light decenced towards him, constantly growing in size and getting brighter. Guillaume couldn't help but laugh. "What did we actually piss off God this time?" If was an attack, there was nothing to do about it. If this was natural, then the Rise truly was a cursed family. He only had seconds to wonder before the fire consumed him. He tried to produce some kind of magical barrier, and being fair, it was his best work. It was wiped away as if he had held a tissue in front of a wild fire.

Guillaume Rise ceased being biology at that point, and like the castle, was simplified to physics.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:41 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine had willed the towers to release the damaged component about fifteen minutes ago. The time to release it coincided well with the end of the Oath ritual. It was just in time. Catherine had been keeping the deceleration of the towers inline to match this as close as possible. They would release the dead tower, then let it sail by as they kept on the brakes. Catherine was doing this all by feel, imagine what she wanted and letting the magic of the Towers carry it out. She only had a rough idea of the numbers and math involved.

13,000 kilometers above the Earth came the tower release, leaving the rest to continue their gentle .5 g deceleration. 27 minutes later the party would hit Earth's atmosphere themselves.

The lone, weaponized tower entered earths atmosphere at 18,584 meters per second. It contained almost 200 megatons of kinetic energy. Less than half of that was bled from it by the atmosphere. It struck the mountains in the french alps with twice as much energy that mankind's most powerful weapon. It was fortunate that Blanchefluer lived in relative isolation. For a short time, a second sun rose as the first set for the people of Grenoble. The Rise tower stopped being engineering and architecture, and simply became physics.

Guillaume Rise

Guillaume had left the castle for a hike. He took any chance he could to get out. He was a black sheep of a minor Rise off shoot, not strong enough for anyone to care about. Not smart enough to find a way to advance with out magical strength. So he was sent here, and was now little more than a clerk. His unremarkably had served him well at this time, he never did anything important enough to garner the attention of the big wigs at the top of the totem pole. He kept logs, he bought supplies, he occasionally managed other workers at the castle. That's not to say he was a good man. He was perfectly happy living vicariously through the achievements of his more capable relatives. As long as Rise had power, and kept getting more, he could excuse his own failure and unimportant.

But it was nice to get out of the Castle, that great, oppressive building. He could watch the sunset from the eastern ridge of the valley, looking out over the castle and the alps. He didn't often to get to go out, and it was nice to relax a bit, even as everything seemed to be going to shit around him.

The lighting changed. That was the first thing. The tree cast dual shadows. Guillaume couldn't understand, until he looked up. A column of light decenced towards him, constantly growing in size and getting brighter. Guillaume couldn't help but laugh. "What did we actually piss off God this time?" If was an attack, there was nothing to do about it. If this was natural, then the Rise truly was a cursed family. He only had seconds to wonder before the fire consumed him. He tried to produce some kind of magical barrier, and being fair, it was his best work. It was wiped away as if he had held a tissue in front of a wild fire.

Guillaume Rise ceased being biology at that point, and like the castle, was simplified to physics.

The Big Bang - Rabbit and Michel

The travel through space was oddly smooth and quiet, for the most part. Rabbit did not sleep the entire night, as he was pacing through the hallways of the massive Towers. He and Michel did not do much speaking, either, though he would have preferred some company during the darkness of this strange night. His entire body felt like its nerves were screaming, even though he was not in any pain. He wanted this entire assault to be over as quick as it had started. Given that it would be either a total success or a total failure, he had wanted to speak to Catherine about what he was thinking, but he did not have any other ideas. Total destruction seemed to be the preferred path, and he could only walk to a window and look outside.

Every inch of the night moved too slowly, but for some reason, he could tell they were still moving. Being in space would explain the lack of speed, but once the castle entered the atmosphere, gravity would yank it in the projected direction. They would hit Rise Castle, and this part of the adventure, maybe the entire war, would be over. He leaned against a windowsill and closed his eyes. His hair fell messily over his shoulders, and he could feel himself aging, even though he aged much slower than a normal human. A sigh passed through his lips, and the silence joined him once again.

"...WAKE UP! HEY! LOOK! LOOK OUT THE WINDOW!"

Michel's loud voice was a smack to the back of the head, and Rabbit jolted from his place slumped by the window. He whirled around, looking for the sight mentioned to him, but he did not see anything at first. He turned around, only to see the aforementioned former Jaegar grinning a wide, impish grin. "...M-Michel...goodness...You could have warned me..."

He chuckled. "I am warning you! Look out the window, we just dropped the tower!" He pointed for Rabbit to look, and the two Mages gazed down at the quickly-approaching land below. Right now, the mountains, greenery, and cities were all like tiny clusters of figures on a game board, positioned to look real and life-like, all thinly-veiled under the puffy white sheets of clouds, all miniscule as they looked down from the vastness of space. The tower entered the atmosphere, and became a burning, magical missile.

"...This is...truly it, then..." Rabbit murmured. He had slept through the night, and now came the moment of truth. Michel drew him quickly from the window, and pulled him toward an inner room of the Towers. Even if Rabbit was blind, he would still be able to hear the deafening crash, and thus needed to move far away. Only God and some horrified onlookers would be witness to what happened now.

The Big Bang - Blanchefleur

Saturninus had not yet returned, and Calixte and Apollinaire had escaped. She had allowed them to leave, only because she knew Apollinaire had been poisoned. He would be dead in less than a day, unless Magical doctors managed to draw the poison from him. Her maids were quite efficient, and she smirked at the maid who had made the move. Without her husband, Calixte would have to give into all her commands, and would have to give her territory as ransom. The dark Lady walked to the observatory to wait for Saturninus, but without any sign of him, she would have to move forward. The biggest surprise was that Eliza had not appeared, either. Hm. Michel must have killed her. Who knows what he did with her bones, either. I suppose we'll never know... she suggested to herself.

As she looked out the window, however, she noticed something dropping in the direction of her castle. Something massive, and full of Dark Magic. She scanned it for a few seconds, and then her eyes widened. It was a massive tower, dropping through the atmosphere and aiming directly for her. She commanded all of her servants to grab the things she required most, and with supernatural speed they gathered these items in their containers. They hurried out, and Blanchefleur cursed at this attack on her person. She had to move away, to allow her ancestral home to be destroyed. I could summon any number of demons...but I have to move several miles away...

Becoming shadows alongside her servants, she re-appeared just outside of the nearest city. Now she got a better glimpse of the castle and its attacker. The legendary Obsidian Towers. "...And they're...dropping them on the castle?!...Fools...They will do far more to hurt their fellow Mages...than they will to hurt me..." She thought about summoning a demon to hold against the dropping tower, but then one of the maids approached her. "...What is it?" she inquired.

"We released the dragons as well, what do you think? Can they hold against the tower?"

Blanchefleur stared at her, and then looked toward the castle. A salvo of huge, thin dragons released through the doors, many miles away and about a fifth-of-a-mile high, far above the reach or sight of anyone except those on that side of the mountain. To most, they would appear to be massive birds, massive vultures maybe. They were a fitting sight, biological weapons of destruction flying in defiance of the inevitable disaster. With her voiceless command, they moved toward Calixte and Apollinaire's castle, far above the eyes of anyone except maybe some hikers. Nobody would believe what they saw, anyway.

But nobody would be able to explain the sheer power, the sheer horror, of the Towers hitting the thousand-year-old castle. The explosion of the Tsar Bomba, in real-time, rising in an enormous skyscraper of smoke and fire above the Alps. From the nearby town of Grenoble, the local newscasters turned to the news of something horrific happening up in the Alps. A massive ripple, an earthquake of sorts, shot through the ground and into the earth below, causing panic in the small towns and in the cities below. For many, the sight was the apocalypse, the ensuing explosion after Gabriel sounded his holy trumpet. Nobody could explain it. Broadcasters watched in horror and awe, unable to speak. Hikers who saw the explosion from several miles away could say little, as they hurried to move away from the sight. Looking into God's eye would make a man more than blind, after all.

Rabbit felt the explosion, and gasped in a fright. It was much stronger than he had even anticipated. He feared to look out the window and to see the crater, the earthquakes, and the forests now gone, though then he remembered that they were all still in space. He stood in his place, shaking and icy-cold, wondering if he would be able to recover from the shock of knowing that this event had happened. Rise Castle was gone. ...Is Blanchefleur really...

"WE ARE DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!" Michel threw his fists in the air and went to look for Catherine. He had to hug her. If Blanchefleur was dead, the war was almost all over. If she was not, the castle was gone, and Blanchy would have to find another home. "THIS WAS THE BEST IDEA!!!! YES!!! WATCH THE SKY RAIN JUSTICE OVER HER BLOODY HANDS!!! JUSTICE!!!"

All the while, one had to wonder at the sign of the dragons, growling and snarling as they moved through the sky. Only the Mages in the Towers would truly see them, if they ever dropped low enough, and even then, whether or not they would know the source was to be seen. A horrific omen, if one knew of any omens at all.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:34 pm

The Lavender Realm

Artosh - Questions of Desire

The large shadow sitting on the throne shifted in its place, turning its legs and leaning on a hand, sighing as it looked toward its new hostage. The strange man who had stolen Artosh from his realm had vanished, replaced by a visage that few mortal beings could comprehend. Yet at the same time, this being did not try to advance on Artosh. Rather, it eyed him for a few silent moments, which stretched almost appear as an eternity. His sleepy eyes scanned everything, but especially the small Mage in front of him. He did not have the most interested face, but being thousands of years old meant that he only reserved interest for things that were truly new to him. This odd little Mage was just a little different from his last visitors, so he decided to give him some attention.

"...You don't seem very concerned about speaking. Perhaps you have submitted to your fate, but if I told you...there was a way to make you well...Would you take it?...Tell me, Artosh..." He shifted so that now he sat with a more dignified and attentive posture. Through the darkness, the Arcane Mage could see two violet eyes staring in his direction, into his soul. "...What is it that has kept you alive? Goals? Quests? People?...I don't have visitors often, and...well...I guess this is what you call conversation."

Oliver - The Bridge Between The Heart and Mind (Is Far Too Long)

With the last few peaceful, sleepy days passing by, Oliver had spent time getting to know his friends. Ambrosia and Oliver continued to grow closer, but even as he grew closer to Soleil, the latter knew that he had revealed information that was bizarre to most people. His dreams made little sense to anyone not intimately aware of his emotions, and not even his closest friends could make sense of them. Yet the bridge between his dreams and the real world was growing, and with every person Soleil informed, the puzzle-pieces seemed to be coming together.

During his sleep, Oliver would awaken in a field of endless lavender flowers. Rows and rows, like a sea of plants rising to greet the orange sun. The atmosphere was peaceful, strange, and quiet. No doubt Oliver had more peculiar dreams in his past, but this one seemed to reach toward him. It was no mere dream. He could hear growling as he looked around, and when he turned to face his surroundings, six vicious wolves would be staring him down, growling and nearly foaming at the mouth.

Shaun - The Passionate Shepherd

Yet one of the two main subjects of Soleil's dreams had spent his time away from his friends, at least for a day, as he had tried to calm himself after his fight with Allistor. Love and friendship were heavy parcels to carry, and for Shaun they were almost back-breaking. Yet when he fell asleep, he could smell the sleepy scent of the lavender. As he lie in the fields, however, he could see someone looking down over him. A shadow that molded and changed every so often. And yet the shape he saw when his eyes cleared looked much like that of...

"...Hey...are you okay?..." Allistor's voice whispered down to him, soft and cool like the air around the lavenders.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:27 pm

Dominique Corleone

"Wait, what? There's videos where you can carve your own flute?" Exclaimed Dominique as he observed Soleil's instrument. It was a simple and quaint, yet well crafted instrument that had a little charm to it. It seemed perfect for the person to owned it. However listening to the stories of finger cuts and bandages, Dominique forced a nervous smile on his face and nodded.
"Well...I don't really do too well with bodily injuries, so I'll just let the experts do it for me. For now. And good! Start anew; now is the perfect time to create something new. From what I've experienced, even with comfort items, sometimes they may help to forget about situations, other times all they make you do is think about the situation because...well why else would you even being doing this thing. Like I said, it's all based on the person. As long as it makes you happy and calm in any situation, then stick to it."

Soon he quieted down and listened to Sol play a familiar song. A classic one could say. Soon he found himself humming along to it instinctively, tapping his fingers to where he believed the beats were. Once he stopped, Dominique clapped his hands and cheered in an over-the-top way; almost in a mocking snooty tone. "Oh bravo! Bravo deal chap. Ancora uno!" He then stopped and looked at Soliel's blushing, smirking and shook his head in amusement. "Man, I dunno a think or two about really blushing, buuut from what I can see, you sure do blush a lot huh?" He joked and laughed.

Shaun Calhoun

Even though it was still an early day, it was an eventful and overwhelming one. Shaun was already exhausted, mainly mentally, and was just ready to turn in for the day. Making his way to his room, Shaun barely made it to his bed, not even changing his clothes or removing his shoes, before falling into it and burying his face in the pillows. He could feel Leon curl up beside him, allowing his warmth in the cold room engulf him and soon making him fall into a deep slumber in a matter a minutes.

While deep within his slumber, he began to smell things in his sleep. It was a strong smell of natural lavender. Even though it was strong it wasn't overpowering. It was even inviting. Opening his eyes, he looked and saw that he was in a great sea of purple. A lavender field in a vast empty world surrounding him. Everything seemed calmed. Yet, he felt something wasn't right. He looked around and observed the area, yet not lifting his head. Soon, his body jolted and his heart dropped as the sight of a silhouette of a stranger towered over him and stared at him. He shook his head and let his vision focus more to see who was standing over him.

"What..." He weakly forced out still under the affects of his exhaustion. "W...what are you doing in my room? You should be resting...And what is all of this?" He said before forcing his body to rise up and get a better look the person. "What do you want Allistor? If you're looking to apologize, then I said not now."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:59 am

"Wait, what? There's videos where you can carve your own flute?" Exclaimed Dominique as he observed Soleil's instrument. It was a simple and quaint, yet well crafted instrument that had a little charm to it. It seemed perfect for the person to owned it. However listening to the stories of finger cuts and bandages, Dominique forced a nervous smile on his face and nodded.
"Well...I don't really do too well with bodily injuries, so I'll just let the experts do it for me. For now. And good! Start anew; now is the perfect time to create something new. From what I've experienced, even with comfort items, sometimes they may help to forget about situations, other times all they make you do is think about the situation because...well why else would you even being doing this thing. Like I said, it's all based on the person. As long as it makes you happy and calm in any situation, then stick to it."

Soon he quieted down and listened to Sol play a familiar song. A classic one could say. Soon he found himself humming along to it instinctively, tapping his fingers to where he believed the beats were. Once he stopped, Dominique clapped his hands and cheered in an over-the-top way; almost in a mocking snooty tone. "Oh bravo! Bravo deal chap. Ancora uno!" He then stopped and looked at Soliel's blushing, smirking and shook his head in amusement. "Man, I dunno a think or two about really blushing, buuut from what I can see, you sure do blush a lot huh?" He joked and laughed.

Shaun Calhoun

Even though it was still an early day, it was an eventful and overwhelming one. Shaun was already exhausted, mainly mentally, and was just ready to turn in for the day. Making his way to his room, Shaun barely made it to his bed, not even changing his clothes or removing his shoes, before falling into it and burying his face in the pillows. He could feel Leon curl up beside him, allowing his warmth in the cold room engulf him and soon making him fall into a deep slumber in a matter a minutes.

While deep within his slumber, he began to smell things in his sleep. It was a strong smell of natural lavender. Even though it was strong it wasn't overpowering. It was even inviting. Opening his eyes, he looked and saw that he was in a great sea of purple. A lavender field in a vast empty world surrounding him. Everything seemed calmed. Yet, he felt something wasn't right. He looked around and observed the area, yet not lifting his head. Soon, his body jolted and his heart dropped as the sight of a silhouette of a stranger towered over him and stared at him. He shook his head and let his vision focus more to see who was standing over him.

"What..." He weakly forced out still under the affects of his exhaustion. "W...what are you doing in my room? You should be resting...And what is all of this?" He said before forcing his body to rise up and get a better look the person. "What do you want Allistor? If you're looking to apologize, then I said not now."

Soleil

The Wind Mage played his song on the flute, and a melody as clear and whistling as birdsong floated out the instrument. He felt peaceful as he played the flute he had made, but he also felt the slightest tinge of pressure. Dominique was already impressed, but Soleil did not want to do something to possibly lose his attention or interest. He played through the end of the song, and then looked to his classmate.

He was surprised, and delighted, to hear him clap and praise him for his playing. Soleil continued to blush pink, and he wanted to hide his face in his sweater out of bashfulness. The feeling of being wanted, of being praised, was something he needed to have. He had received it, yes, but never for his music. This was new territory for him, fusing his Magic with music, and he had received approval that it was a good idea for him. Now he wanted to play more songs. Yet Dominique had noticed something else about Soleil.

The boy had been blushing for most of the time that Dominique had been in the room. He looked at the older Mage’s cheeky grin and cheerful smile, and their warmth tickled his skin. Soleil felt he was in the presence of someone who loved life, someone who enjoyed silliness, someone who was utterly radiant and beaming. Dominique was not unaware, and noticed that Soleil was blushing, though he did not know why. To be fair, Soleil did not really know why, either. “...H-Habit, I guess...I...I’m not used to...having people listen to my music...I-I’m glad you like it. Would...would you like to hear something else?” he inquired, hope bubbling in his voice.

Shaun/Allistor

Allistor stood before Shaun in the dream, waiting for him to rise and to look at him. He was dressed in a Noble’s uniform, in the colors of dark-blue and violet. He looked stunning, but almost blended into the field around him. His face was cool, patient, and even a little teasing. “...I don’t think we’re in your room anymore...” he murmured. He took a step toward Shaun, and he put his arms around his back. He left just a little room between the two of them, but his eyes left no space between the two boys when he gazed at Shaun’s face.

“...You don’t have to accept my apology...” he whispered, his voice smooth and charming, “...but I still want to give it...After all...I can be sorry before...or after you are ready to forgive me...The true difference is made if I...still choose to give you my honest feelings...I should have kept them in mind before...” He put a hand in Shaun’s hair, rubbing it under his fingers. “...I do wish you would smile at me again...” he murmured.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:21 am

Dominque Corleone

"What?! Oh pfft!" He said comically with a dramatic wave of his hand. "I would always jump at the chance to hear others play music. And of course I would. Hell, I'll join you even. If I know the song. But, I've practiced enough to ear train to an extent." Standing up, he stretched his arms in the air and did a little shake in his body, before gripping onto his sax. He tweaked and tuned a few keys and played a few basic chords to get warmed up. "So...what to play ol' buddy ol' pal?" He winked at Soleil with a cheeky grin.

Shaun Calhoun

Shaun deeply sighed and shook his head at the sight of Allistor while standing up. He stood only around the height of his chest only. Yet when looking up at his face, he could tell that things were indeed different. Normally he would try and attempt something else to give an apology or remain dejected.

Perhaps we're not really in my room anymore. Is this like a dreamscape or something? Hopefully this doesn't turn into a nightmare of sorts.

He looked at Al approach him before placing his arms around his waist. His body tensed upon feeling the warmth of his body against his back. His gaze almost pierced into his own mind. The gray and cloudy eyes showing a different side than he'd seen. "Well..." Shaun explain, becoming flustered by the sudden advancement. "I just need some time. This stuff doesn't take less than a day to get over." Feeling Allistor run his hands through his hair, he turned away from his eyes, trying not to give in so easily to his request.
"Well...It's going to have to take more than putting me in a literal fucking dreamscape in order to confess your true feelings about me and make this all brush over so easily. And no...I won't be smiling that easily too..." He muttered under his breath. His face unknowingly growing rosy and heating up from the embarrassment. He folded his arms over his chest and sighed. "Why can't you just...please...Let me be..." The own field of lavender in his eyes displaying his dismay and resentment. "Just let me have some time to think about this."

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 am

Eliza Hartford
The Sanguine Space Station
Luminesa wrote:The Big Bang - Blanchefleur

Saturninus had not yet returned, and Calixte and Apollinaire had escaped. She had allowed them to leave, only because she knew Apollinaire had been poisoned. He would be dead in less than a day, unless Magical doctors managed to draw the poison from him. Her maids were quite efficient, and she smirked at the maid who had made the move. Without her husband, Calixte would have to give into all her commands, and would have to give her territory as ransom. The dark Lady walked to the observatory to wait for Saturninus, but without any sign of him, she would have to move forward. The biggest surprise was that Eliza had not appeared, either. Hm. Michel must have killed her. Who knows what he did with her bones, either. I suppose we'll never know... she suggested to herself.

As she looked out the window, however, she noticed something dropping in the direction of her castle. Something massive, and full of Dark Magic. She scanned it for a few seconds, and then her eyes widened. It was a massive tower, dropping through the atmosphere and aiming directly for her. She commanded all of her servants to grab the things she required most, and with supernatural speed they gathered these items in their containers. They hurried out, and Blanchefleur cursed at this attack on her person. She had to move away, to allow her ancestral home to be destroyed. I could summon any number of demons...but I have to move several miles away...

Becoming shadows alongside her servants, she re-appeared just outside of the nearest city. Now she got a better glimpse of the castle and its attacker. The legendary Obsidian Towers. "...And they're...dropping them on the castle?!...Fools...They will do far more to hurt their fellow Mages...than they will to hurt me..." She thought about summoning a demon to hold against the dropping tower, but then one of the maids approached her. "...What is it?" she inquired.

"We released the dragons as well, what do you think? Can they hold against the tower?"

Blanchefleur stared at her, and then looked toward the castle. A salvo of huge, thin dragons released through the doors, many miles away and about a fifth-of-a-mile high, far above the reach or sight of anyone except those on that side of the mountain. To most, they would appear to be massive birds, massive vultures maybe. They were a fitting sight, biological weapons of destruction flying in defiance of the inevitable disaster. With her voiceless command, they moved toward Calixte and Apollinaire's castle, far above the eyes of anyone except maybe some hikers. Nobody would believe what they saw, anyway.

But nobody would be able to explain the sheer power, the sheer horror, of the Towers hitting the thousand-year-old castle. The explosion of the Tsar Bomba, in real-time, rising in an enormous skyscraper of smoke and fire above the Alps. From the nearby town of Grenoble, the local newscasters turned to the news of something horrific happening up in the Alps. A massive ripple, an earthquake of sorts, shot through the ground and into the earth below, causing panic in the small towns and in the cities below. For many, the sight was the apocalypse, the ensuing explosion after Gabriel sounded his holy trumpet. Nobody could explain it. Broadcasters watched in horror and awe, unable to speak. Hikers who saw the explosion from several miles away could say little, as they hurried to move away from the sight. Looking into God's eye would make a man more than blind, after all.

Rabbit felt the explosion, and gasped in a fright. It was much stronger than he had even anticipated. He feared to look out the window and to see the crater, the earthquakes, and the forests now gone, though then he remembered that they were all still in space. He stood in his place, shaking and icy-cold, wondering if he would be able to recover from the shock of knowing that this event had happened. Rise Castle was gone. ...Is Blanchefleur really...

"WE ARE DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS!!!" Michel threw his fists in the air and went to look for Catherine. He had to hug her. If Blanchefleur was dead, the war was almost all over. If she was not, the castle was gone, and Blanchy would have to find another home. "THIS WAS THE BEST IDEA!!!! YES!!! WATCH THE SKY RAIN JUSTICE OVER HER BLOODY HANDS!!! JUSTICE!!!"

All the while, one had to wonder at the sign of the dragons, growling and snarling as they moved through the sky. Only the Mages in the Towers would truly see them, if they ever dropped low enough, and even then, whether or not they would know the source was to be seen. A horrific omen, if one knew of any omens at all.
"And here we go...." Eliza says, looking out the window of the Obsidian Towers. With now one of the towers hurtling like a rod of god, a hypothesized weapon of mass destruction accomplished by hurling a tungsten rod from the space. Gravity hurls the rod fast enough as to create the impact of a nuclear weapon without the nuclear winter that comes after. A, supposedly, more ecological way to end life for an entire city.

Instead, the weapon was directed at a tower on a mountain surrounded by forests. The supposedly more ecological method of war being used to raze a forest under the thin hopes of destroying a mortal enemy once and for all. Eliza sighed,
"I really hope no Fae finds out I was involved with this."

Rene looked on as well, coughing, "Well, everyone's lips are sealed, theoretically. Not very optimistic?"

"I should be, but I still have doubts."

"Why? She is still human. Not many gods could survive this."

"It isn't... there is no precision to this. If we did kill her, we would never know. The body..."

"would be lost in the rubble."

"Yes! And even then... I can't just... it feels like this won't work... and I can't explain why."

"Very few things could ever fly fast enough to avoid this."

"But you could teleport through water, avoiding the damage."

"... but she probably couldn't..."

Eliza looked back at Rene, exasperated. Wanting to say something, but the words not coming to mind. The collapsing tower sends a shockwave that nearly knocks her off her feet. The deed was done. The damage done. A crater would be all that remains of Tower Blanchefleur. And the surrounding forests, mountains. The greatest ecological disaster the world has seen in years. What hath humanity done.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse