NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:01 pm

Dominique Corleone

A yawn escaped his mouth with the obvious sign of exhaustion and weariness covering his eyes. For the past few days, Dominique kept to himself; occasionally talking to the usual crowd of acquaintances and friends, and even being the third wheel at Shaun and Allistor's expenses. But when not dealing with people, he is mainly staying in his room doing things that many would think of a teenage boy would do (minus the rather personal details of a teenage boy) or going to the music room to practice and play a few instruments.

The sun was barely up and the temperature was well near below freezing. Dominique had agreed with someone to help them out with some training in return of picking up some skills himself. The lack of physical training he has accomplished this year was rather embarrassing to him. This figure isn't going to maintain himself anytime soon. Just the morning before leaving his room he checked the mirror to see a little formation of belly surround him. Not to mention his complete lack of mana training.
Although the idea of having to wake up well into the morning to train was a large deterrence; yet here he is walking through the forest at 5 in the morning. The snow softly crunching below his shoes as he did some light arm stretching to help wake himself up from his rather comfortable and warm slumber.

It was only until he reached his destination where he quickly began to observe the environment. A small sigh escaped his mouth with the heat from his breath forming in front of him. The land laid destroyed as if a battle has taken place; with the earth beginning to reclaim back its land with the amount of overgrowth and snow covering the place. A small smile crept upon his face at the sight of the land.
Soon his eyes landed upon his training partner, standing in the middle of the clearing. A small chuckle escaped his mouth as he yawned and folded his arms over his chest. "Well aren't we being dramatic standing in the middle of the forest huh?" He smirked at Oliver.

Shaun Calhoun

It wasn't long after Dominique arrived when the last member of their trio came waltzing into the forest. There was also a sight of exhaustion and irritation in his eyes, as if he was in a bit of a panicked rush just to arrive here.
There was a sense of uneasiness and reluctance to just suddenly come out in the middle of the woods with two other people early enough where the sun was still down. Especially given with what happened the other day with the sudden albeit quiet commotion upon the decks.
Word does seem to travel around pretty fast it seems.

Once making his way to where Dominique and Oliver was, Shaun yawned and shook away the sleepiness that attempted to consume his body.
He then looked at Oliver with a weary and confused glance. What was the reason to ask him of all people to come out here with him? It was only less than a day ago that they actually had their first conversation, and now he wants him to come out here to help him train? The faint feeling of uncertainty began to form within his stomach as he walked deeper into the forest. He has had this feeling of uncertainty before only to then be proved right. So what was there that was to be hidden within Oliver that made him want to confine in people like him and Dominique to just suddenly train?

"Alright," he suddenly spoke, his voice sounding hoarse from sleepiness and a small cold taking over him, "so I'm guessing that we're all here, hm?" Waiting for a response, Shaun began to overlook their surroundings. A lack of understanding and curiosity overcame him as he saw the toppled trees and overgrown vegetation in such a conveniently cleared piece of land. There was a reason this placed was chosen as their location to train. Soon after a small grunt escaped Shaun's mouth as he looked at Oliver and weakly smiled, mainly out of tiredness.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:51 pm

Saldinado wrote:Dominique Corleone

A yawn escaped his mouth with the obvious sign of exhaustion and weariness covering his eyes. For the past few days, Dominique kept to himself; occasionally talking to the usual crowd of acquaintances and friends, and even being the third wheel at Shaun and Allistor's expenses. But when not dealing with people, he is mainly staying in his room doing things that many would think of a teenage boy would do (minus the rather personal details of a teenage boy) or going to the music room to practice and play a few instruments.

The sun was barely up and the temperature was well near below freezing. Dominique had agreed with someone to help them out with some training in return of picking up some skills himself. The lack of physical training he has accomplished this year was rather embarrassing to him. This figure isn't going to maintain himself anytime soon. Just the morning before leaving his room he checked the mirror to see a little formation of belly surround him. Not to mention his complete lack of mana training.
Although the idea of having to wake up well into the morning to train was a large deterrence; yet here he is walking through the forest at 5 in the morning. The snow softly crunching below his shoes as he did some light arm stretching to help wake himself up from his rather comfortable and warm slumber.

It was only until he reached his destination where he quickly began to observe the environment. A small sigh escaped his mouth with the heat from his breath forming in front of him. The land laid destroyed as if a battle has taken place; with the earth beginning to reclaim back its land with the amount of overgrowth and snow covering the place. A small smile crept upon his face at the sight of the land.
Soon his eyes landed upon his training partner, standing in the middle of the clearing. A small chuckle escaped his mouth as he yawned and folded his arms over his chest. "Well aren't we being dramatic standing in the middle of the forest huh?" He smirked at Oliver.

Shaun Calhoun

It wasn't long after Dominique arrived when the last member of their trio came waltzing into the forest. There was also a sight of exhaustion and irritation in his eyes, as if he was in a bit of a panicked rush just to arrive here.
There was a sense of uneasiness and reluctance to just suddenly come out in the middle of the woods with two other people early enough where the sun was still down. Especially given with what happened the other day with the sudden albeit quiet commotion upon the decks.
Word does seem to travel around pretty fast it seems.

Once making his way to where Dominique and Oliver was, Shaun yawned and shook away the sleepiness that attempted to consume his body.
He then looked at Oliver with a weary and confused glance. What was the reason to ask him of all people to come out here with him? It was only less than a day ago that they actually had their first conversation, and now he wants him to come out here to help him train? The faint feeling of uncertainty began to form within his stomach as he walked deeper into the forest. He has had this feeling of uncertainty before only to then be proved right. So what was there that was to be hidden within Oliver that made him want to confine in people like him and Dominique to just suddenly train?

"Alright," he suddenly spoke, his voice sounding hoarse from sleepiness and a small cold taking over him, "so I'm guessing that we're all here, hm?" Waiting for a response, Shaun began to overlook their surroundings. A lack of understanding and curiosity overcame him as he saw the toppled trees and overgrown vegetation in such a conveniently cleared piece of land. There was a reason this placed was chosen as their location to train. Soon after a small grunt escaped Shaun's mouth as he looked at Oliver and weakly smiled, mainly out of tiredness.

Soon enough, the two people he had called upon to train showed up.
He was pretty much assured that Dom would listen to him, but he wasn't sure about Shaun. After all, they had only formerly met once the day before.
A sigh of relief escaped his mouth as he turned to the two.

"It was the only place I could think of that was free enough for me or others to fight without bothering anyone. It was however rather nice to see that nobody fixed this place yet." He first answered Dominique's quip, before putting his hands in his pockets and facing the two once again.

"There are three reasons I brought you here, one of them is training, yes, but the other is because to me you are currently the strongest opponents I can imagine facing in direct combat at the school. With Allistor being bedridden, still, I couldn't exactly ask a teacher to straight up train me by having them fight me. I need someone that can go all out against me and vice versa." He continued.
"The last one is because I realized that I've grown much too complacent in regards to my abilities and have actually regressed since I arrived. If I want to go back to Europe to do well on my obligations, I have to become much stronger. Both to be capable of controlling my arm, and to protect my house in case of attack."

Pulling up his sleeve, he showed them his right arm, made of stone from the looks of it, and pulsating in a way that could almost be described as eagerly awaiting a fight.

"If I could've done this alone, I would've, but I can't simulate fights on my own." Discarding his blazer and letting it hang on a branch, he once again turned back and lowered his stance.
"If you manage to hit me in any way, you win. If you don't hit me for at least 10 minutes, I win. If one of us gets too tired, we'll cut the training then. Now, both of you, feel free to attack me."

As soon as he said that, he surrounded himself with wind and metallic shards coming from the block of metal he always hauled around, ready to intercept potential projectiles.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:46 am

Eliza Hartford
Villa Dracor
Luminesa wrote:
Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

"Rabbit... I don't blame you for anything that happened. Even in my greatest rages I haven't. But you did fail. And that taught me, you may not have wanted me to take this lesson... but you taught that it didn't matter if I trusted you, if I cared for you. I had to have my own power. I had to be able to take control for my self. That's all I can really control. So I need this power. I don't want it, I don't want to ever have to use it. But I can't let it go."

Focusing on what Rabbit had said about his darker desires, Catherine though of her own. It was just a faint shape in the distance, but she could see Lucia's corpse from here. When she killed her, it felt like justice. That she was righting some wrong, but she had killed her with out hesitation. She thought about the times she had tried to take her own life, or at least just ignore it through the drugs she bathed herself in. They made everything so easy. Maybe Catherine should have just taken that path, lived a short life as a drug addled hedonist. It wouldn't have been hard, and she wouldn't be put here, having to debate killing some one she cared about. Carefully, and still on guard, Catherine

Carefully, and still on guard, Catherine stood up. She pulled the masked helmet off, dropping it at on the seat of the throne. Revealing her face to Rabbit, her scars much diminished from last time she saw him, from five minutes ago."I have that same duty you do, if to no one else but myself." Noticing now that she didn't feel the same tightness on the right side of her face, the same pain when she tried to smile or frown, Catherine ran her hand over the side of her face. It was hard to tell, but even through the clawed gauntlets the skin felt smooth. As she look down at her hands, Catherine started to feel tears well up in her eye. Slowly, she stepped down to rabbit. "Look. Even here there is healing. Just like I tried to show my magic, with all the horrors it can cause is not with out redemption, so this place can be. I know those dark hateful urges you feel. That's what I need you for Rabbit, and maybe what I can do for you. We both know that hatred, that hunger better than most. We can lean on each other."

Rabbit stared at Catherine as she revealed her scarred face. Her face was healing, but the pain in her face was still unmistakable. The last few months still weighed on her face, and in her heart. He could see the physical damage, the twisting emotions, the effects of drugs, and eyes weighing a horrible decision. He did not know if she was willing to fight him. He continued to hold his sword, rather than allowing it to float before him. He hated close combat, and hoped she would not engage him at this range, if at all. He saw a tear fall from her eyes, the stinging sensation of the knowledge that she was not the same girl she had once been.

As a positive, she took a step and moved toward him. After that first step followed some other steps, and she walked down from her throne to face him. Now she took her turn to plead. She wanted him to not only understand her pain, but to accept her solution. This same Magic had healed her face, but he knew it could hold untold dangers for many others. His own face weighed a decision. If he committed a small evil, he had to know whether it would lead to a greater good at all. He did not believe it would, but if he committed the small good of denying this Magic, he then had to figure what would happen to Catherine.

He took his sunglasses off and showed her the subtle pain wrought in his expression. "...Of course...I shall support you even if you do not wish to support me...that is my duty, and what I wish to do with what remains of my life...But Catherine..." He gulped, as the lead of his next words sunk into his throat. "...There are other ways...that you can find healing. If I am to best support you...I cannot leave you here alone. It will be unhealthy for you. You may have the power now to be physically well, but it is nothing when you feel...the crushing pain of loneliness. And I know Mana has not always been the safest place...but we will make it better. Together. Even better, your friends will be glad you came home. Henry. Allistor. Shaun. Even little Soleil. And we will make Mana a home for you. And even after you graduate...we will help you find a place of peace in which you can live and thrive."

He allowed his sword to float at his side, and he took his student's hands in his. He did not squeeze hard, as he knew he might accidentally cause her pain. "...I must leave here in two days. I have been ordered...to return with Henry and Allistor to Mana. I do not wish to leave without you. If I was to stay, my council can help, but it cannot make-up...for the decisions you must make. It is a painful and difficult struggle, to fight those urges, to use the cursed Magic to try and find redemption. It is not a path I would wish on anyone, never mind my own student...And I would never wish it on anyone I love. Or even on anyone I hate. There is still a place in the world for you. A purpose for you. A chance for you to find people who love you. You are far too young, and far too valued, to lock yourself away in a place like this. Please, Catherine...listen to me..." he pleaded.
Eliza cleared her throat, finally having a brief time to be able to think. She had heard enough to know she would not be covered in some stupid orb of water. Her eyes peered at Rene, having been smiling a little. He turned to her before vanishing in a burst of steam and water. He had begun to use his glamour to hide his presence and reappear at the bed of the mysterious mirror that looked up at them. He could almost immediately feel the darkness wrap around and swirl in mysterious mirror now looking more like a door into a demonic plane. the skies were almost hard to be called anything but beyond human comprehension. He saw the statues of obsidian and shadow that would be known as the "illustrious towers."

Eliza stayed within the watery orb. She began to meditate in place. Soon, the ice began to slowly frost and glaze over. It became a large ball of ice. The fluctuation in Rabbit's emotional wellbeing led for only a slight crack in his magic. It was, to an extent, a conflict between two practitioners of ice magic. Just of two very distinct varieties.

Her aura began to diffuse out into the field of magic. It filled the area and provided an easier attempt to distort and shatter the dark magical being's magic. In a few seconds, Eliza began to shatter the orb of water in front of her. She fell to the ground as it broke. The shards of ice then melted instantaneously into puddles. She looked to Fier for a second, "I am not your enemy, great dragon."

She then turned towards the entrance Rabbit and Michael had entered. The fox-girl looked at the large stairs leading down to them. Her eyes perused the stairs as if entering enemy land. At the same time, she knew there wasn't much time for sight seeing. She jumped down the stairs and summoned a small layer of ice to slide down them.

She slid down and finally made it to the wine cellar.

It was clear from that something gruesome had gone down. Three things were significant: The hanged corpse of a lady, likely the former member of the Triad; Michel, stalwartly waiting beside the mirror; and of course, the central focus, the mirror. The mirror was, from the very moment, a bizarre fixture of the room. The glass moved and shook, like liquid. The air was still and cold as one entered it. She could feel Rene faintly, but as if he was in some place beyond the mirror. Eliza knew this was not a mirror in the purest sense, but a dark and arcane kind of... portal. She could see the rubble that had seemingly hid the mirror. The image on the inside of the portal was vague, but menacing.

Her eyes returned to Michel, partly realizing how his stubbornness would complicate things. She hoped he would be frustrated enough to let her through, though it was unlikely.

"I seek knowledge, not violence. I must see these towers, as you call them," Eliza says, peering at Michel. "As for your request, I have already informed the courts. Now, be warned, that doesn't mean that they will be mobilized into action. It is equally likely they will be willing to further abandon this area. For now..." The girl says, before picking up the Brownie that had seemingly hid in her jacket. She scooted him towards Michel, "now, may I enter, or is there some other figurative olive branch you require of me?"

As Rene entered... he entered what looked like a foreign world. The whole plane was wide, immense. It was a strange alien world of infinite expanse. Is eyes turned to survey the realm. The water horse had shed its human form, becoming a murky Water Horse. He walked around for a bit, communicating mentally with Eliza "this place is... strange."

"Well, that doesn't tell me much" she mumbled under a sigh.

"The world itself is strange and almost incomprehensible. But... the magic. It is... subtle, hard for me to detect, but from what I investigated... this is old... and nothing like normal human magic. Nor like Fey."

"great... so their supposed student wound up trying to summon a great old one, or something. Investigate without me. I'm stuck with Michel, it seems," she said through their mental bond.

"Quite," the horse reverberated. Eliza looks up and hops onto the horse. She sat like a knight who had been trained to become like one with their steed. She carefully trod forwards, slowly, as she began to enter the tower, waiting to find Rabbit and his "student." She would not fight... at least she expected this wasn't like her normal fights. He would observe, moving in closer into the tower. The main entrance. Hiding behind the shadows of his glamour.

He entered the main hall, trying to see the two as they spoke further.
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:22 am

Shaun & Dominique

The two of them looked at Oliver with quite surprise as he began to explain their reasons for being out in the middle of the woods so early.

Shaun's expression of worry and unease continued to paint his face he heard Oliver. He felt as though this was all just a form of desperation at this point to entrust the two of them, people that he barely know, to battle alongside him. However listening to him call out his smugness made him smile ever so slightly. At least he was humble enough to know this. Although knowing that he was from a Noble house in Europe, his smiled dropped once again. It seems as though he always found himself dealing with Europeans and their arrogance causing trouble. It was almost embarrassing how these people are controlling to politics of their underworld, yet almost always find themselves fighting each other.

Dominique, remaining as stoic as he could be, was actually rather nervous about the entirety of this situation. He couldn't remember the last time he sparred and trained himself to such an extent. And of all people, someone like Oliver entrusted him enough to be his sparring partner no less. To hide his anxiety, he tried to make himself laugh at the situation with a small chuckle. "Well, I'm flattered that you would think that I'm worthy of your time." He spoke with a sense of sarcasm before listening to him continue with his little speech.

However both of the boys observed what seemed to be what's left of Oliver's arm. Shaun raised an eyebrow in interest and Dominique's widen at the sight. It looked as though it had a life of its own, sensing and feeling each others' presence. It was almost rather disturbing to look at for longer than a few seconds, like staring at a man with a disability or abnormality.
However their attention was now fixed upon Oliver's proposition of a sparring match. And once again, his humbleness disappeared as he placed his blazer upon a tree and quickly prepared himself.

Shaun sighed jokingly with a smile as he removed his coat and threw it on a fallen tree nearby his foot.
"Well, I will say that I'm feeling quite rusty, but this prove to be a good workout I hope. And don't hold back on me either. Also, I'll try my best not to kill you." He chuckled with a smug look on his face. Facing Dominique, he simply nodded. "Alright, so seeing as we're working together, we'll have to create a few plans on the fly. Just follow my lead and we'll try to go from there."
Soon after, Shaun began to run to the left of Oliver, forming an fencing rapier in his hands from the earth.

Dominique nodded as he got into position as he watched Shaun run towards Oliver. He then began to put his idea into action, quickly turning towards one of the toppled trees and began to break it down and cave in upon itself, creating shrapnel and wood chips before pointing in Oliver's direction and shooting the debris of the tree towards him. Quickly afterwards, Dominique began to run parallel to Shaun before creating a wall of earth and plant matter blocking Oliver's view of Shaun.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 am

Henry von Kressel

As the time passed outside the closed bedroom, Henry and Eglantine got their well deserved rest. For once, they tried to not worry about the ones that were sent to Romania after Catherine - or at least tried to not worry about Catherine going against Michel and Rabbit - and focused only in resting and enjoying each other's company.

Henry would wake up with the room shrouded in a half light, as thin snow gathered against the windows of the historical palace. The cold outside didn't seem to enter the room, and even if it did, Eglantine's sleep wouldn't be disturbed by it. What the young Austrian realized when he woke up was an uncommon sight.

Eglantine, the dashing and daring young woman, wasn't running away from the bed, from his arm, from his room or from himself. She slept peacefully, comfortably, without threatening anyone. She hardly talked about herself in terms of her past, and Henry couldn't help but think that she did it out of fear. It wasn't the time to bring the issue up, but Henry had to - even if he didn't want to - wake her up.

Gently, he ran his hand through her hair, placing soft kisses on Eglantine's neck, knowing very well that waking her up suddenly could end up with a punch straight to his face.

"Wake up, Miss France... I'll take the stuff back to the kitchen. Want anything else from there, or me to stay a little bit longer here?"
Last edited by Kingdom of Irhk on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote: Henry von Kressel

As the time passed outside the closed bedroom, Henry and Eglantine got their well deserved rest. For once, they tried to not worry about the ones that were sent to Romania after Catherine - or at least tried to not worry about Catherine going against Michel and Rabbit - and focused only in resting and enjoying each other's company.

Henry would wake up with the room shrouded in a half light, as thin snow gathered against the windows of the historical palace. The cold outside didn't seem to enter the room, and even if it did, Eglantine's sleep wouldn't be disturbed by it. What the young Austrian realized when he woke up was an uncommon sight.

Eglantine, the dashing and daring young woman, wasn't running away from the bed, from his arm, from his room or from himself. She slept peacefully, comfortably, without threatening anyone. She hardly talked about herself in terms of her past, and Henry couldn't help but think that she did it out of fear. It wasn't the time to bring the issue up, but Henry had to - even if he didn't want to - wake her up.

Gently, he ran his hand through her hair, placing soft kisses on Eglantine's neck, knowing very well that waking her up suddenly could end up with a punch straight to his face.

"Wake up, Miss France... I'll take the stuff back to the kitchen. Want anything else from there, or me to stay a little bit longer here?"

Eglantine could not remember when she had fallen asleep. She felt the warmth of her blankets and the cushioning of the pillow, and her face turned bright-red. Between the wine, the chocolate, and the cute anime, she had sunken into a soft slumber. As Henry kissed her neck, she pulled herself up and realized she had snuggled with her new boyfriend all night. She rubbed her hair, blushing as she looked over at Henry, and she spent a moment sitting in her bed. "...Uh...I slept the whole night...How much did I have to drink?...How tired was I?" she mumbled.

When Henry spoke to her, she did not initially register that he was speaking. However, after a second she turned her head and stared at him. He had the dishes in his arms, and he was offering her breakfast. "...I...I guess I can get up...I need to change my clothes..." A part of her wanted to stay and to enjoy the warmth, but she felt dizzy. She looked around the room and found the wrappers of two large bars of chocolate and two empty bottles of wine. She shook her head once again, and then let her feet hit the floor under them. "...If you could...maybe get me some orange juice and some eggs, that would be good...that's all I'd need. But I think I'll change...I think I drooled on my shirt...or your pillow, I'm not sure which..."

She tip-toed barefoot to her room, with the cold tile feeling both shocking and soothing to her feet. She remembered she had been wearing socks, but she had no idea where they were now. She heard yelping, and as soon as she made her way to her room, Chloe rushed to greet her. The yipping and scrambling little Spaniel was so excited to see Eglantine that she slid face-first into the floor, before she recovered, shook herself off, and hurried after her owner. The Rise Mage turned and picked-up Chloe, letting her ride in her arms as she walked to change her clothes. She then placed the happy puppy on her bed as she put on a blue dress-shirt and black jeans. She did not feel like wearing shoes, for some reason. She walked to the kitchen to watch Henry cook, and she sat at the dinner table, legs stretched in front of her. Chloe had followed her out the room, and she looked ready to leap onto the table. Eglantine felt strange not seeing her uncle come into the kitchen to stop her. She had forgotten that he had left into the night to help Rabbit save a student. All she could hope and pray was that he would come home safely.

"...You think it was a bad idea for them to decide to send us home?...Do you think...Something else could be going on?..." she inquired, her voice still sluggish and slow from her deep sleep. "...We weren't doing anything wrong, Allistor just got hurt...but...we can still fight. What's going to happen...when we go home? We'll be safe but...what about your home?...And...what if Rabbit and Uncle Michel...don't come back in time?" she questioned, her stomach tightening more and more with each question.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote: Henry von Kressel

Eglantine could not remember when she had fallen asleep. She felt the warmth of her blankets and the cushioning of the pillow, and her face turned bright-red. Between the wine, the chocolate, and the cute anime, she had sunken into a soft slumber. As Henry kissed her neck, she pulled herself up and realized she had snuggled with her new boyfriend all night. She rubbed her hair, blushing as she looked over at Henry, and she spent a moment sitting in her bed. "...Uh...I slept the whole night...How much did I have to drink?...How tired was I?" she mumbled.

When Henry spoke to her, she did not initially register that he was speaking. However, after a second she turned her head and stared at him. He had the dishes in his arms, and he was offering her breakfast. "...I...I guess I can get up...I need to change my clothes..." A part of her wanted to stay and to enjoy the warmth, but she felt dizzy. She looked around the room and found the wrappers of two large bars of chocolate and two empty bottles of wine. She shook her head once again, and then let her feet hit the floor under them. "...If you could...maybe get me some orange juice and some eggs, that would be good...that's all I'd need. But I think I'll change...I think I drooled on my shirt...or your pillow, I'm not sure which..."

She tip-toed barefoot to her room, with the cold tile feeling both shocking and soothing to her feet. She remembered she had been wearing socks, but she had no idea where they were now. She heard yelping, and as soon as she made her way to her room, Chloe rushed to greet her. The yipping and scrambling little Spaniel was so excited to see Eglantine that she slid face-first into the floor, before she recovered, shook herself off, and hurried after her owner. The Rise Mage turned and picked-up Chloe, letting her ride in her arms as she walked to change her clothes. She then placed the happy puppy on her bed as she put on a blue dress-shirt and black jeans. She did not feel like wearing shoes, for some reason. She walked to the kitchen to watch Henry cook, and she sat at the dinner table, legs stretched in front of her. Chloe had followed her out the room, and she looked ready to leap onto the table. Eglantine felt strange not seeing her uncle come into the kitchen to stop her. She had forgotten that he had left into the night to help Rabbit save a student. All she could hope and pray was that he would come home safely.

"...You think it was a bad idea for them to decide to send us home?...Do you think...Something else could be going on?..." she inquired, her voice still sluggish and slow from her deep sleep. "...We weren't doing anything wrong, Allistor just got hurt...but...we can still fight. What's going to happen...when we go home? We'll be safe but...what about your home?...And...what if Rabbit and Uncle Michel...don't come back in time?" she questioned, her stomach tightening more and more with each question.

Henry von Kressel

Eglantine's questions shot Henry's thoughts back to the worries of the war and the endeavour Rabbit and Michel were performing in Romania. The future was uncertain, and the Committee's decision could be contested.

"I'll have to be honest here... I'm not a fan of the idea of being 'exiled' to Mana. I don't know what's going to happen once we get to the US again, but I suspect something else is going on. Even if it does, it's up to the ones who will stay here this time.

If Rabbit and Michel don't return in time, Sarah will probably lead a squad or two after them, and knowing her, that will cause quite the disruption in wherever place Catherine might be hiding, and by 'disruption' I mean 'considerable level of damage'."

Taking the eggs from the pan, he placed them alongside slices of bread on two plates, before placing them on the table along with a jar of orange juice.

"And Hellbrunn will stand, Eglantine. It stood for centuries, it stood under my uncle's watch, it will stand under my mother's watch... Besides, I honestly doubt anyone can easily pass Hellbrunn's defenses.

We should focus, at least for now, on ourselves. Also, I need to stop by Switzerland before we travel to Mana. It's... Quite of a dark topic to bring up at breakfast, but I never properly visited my uncle's grave."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine could not remember when she had fallen asleep. She felt the warmth of her blankets and the cushioning of the pillow, and her face turned bright-red. Between the wine, the chocolate, and the cute anime, she had sunken into a soft slumber. As Henry kissed her neck, she pulled herself up and realized she had snuggled with her new boyfriend all night. She rubbed her hair, blushing as she looked over at Henry, and she spent a moment sitting in her bed. "...Uh...I slept the whole night...How much did I have to drink?...How tired was I?" she mumbled.

Henry von Kressel

Eglantine's questions shot Henry's thoughts back to the worries of the war and the endeavour Rabbit and Michel were performing in Romania. The future was uncertain, and the Committee's decision could be contested.

"I'll have to be honest here... I'm not a fan of the idea of being 'exiled' to Mana. I don't know what's going to happen once we get to the US again, but I suspect something else is going on. Even if it does, it's up to the ones who will stay here this time.

If Rabbit and Michel don't return in time, Sarah will probably lead a squad or two after them, and knowing her, that will cause quite the disruption in wherever place Catherine might be hiding, and by 'disruption' I mean 'considerable level of damage'."

Taking the eggs from the pan, he placed them alongside slices of bread on two plates, before placing them on the table along with a jar of orange juice.

"And Hellbrunn will stand, Eglantine. It stood for centuries, it stood under my uncle's watch, it will stand under my mother's watch... Besides, I honestly doubt anyone can easily pass Hellbrunn's defenses.

We should focus, at least for now, on ourselves. Also, I need to stop by Switzerland before we travel to Mana. It's... Quite of a dark topic to bring up at breakfast, but I never properly visited my uncle's grave."

“It almost sounds a little like a plot of some sort...though I don’t know what they could possibly be betting...” Eglantine muttered, smiling as Henry brought her breakfast just as she asked. Eggs sunnyside-up, slightly runny, with toast and orange juice. As she took a swallow of the juice, she nodded her thanks to Henry before she continued talking. “It’s like they wanted us out the way so they could do things. Not sure what they’re going to do against Lady Blanchefleur, though. Maybe they want to assemble some sort of...army? But we were already in the process of getting an army...”

Eglantine was not a person to spend time on conspiracies, but sending Henry, Rabbit, and Eglantine back to America sounded both safe and stupid at the same time. She wanted to get away from Lady Blanchefleur, but she could not help but wonder who would take the place of her friends and herself in fighting the wicked Head. “...It’s not like we can ask them why...We could, but...they probably wouldn’t give a good answer. Idiots...” She took a bite of her eggs, and then dipped her toast in the runny yolk while Henry spoke about Rabbit and Michel.

Sending Sarah after them was not a bad idea, but indeed, the attention she would bring would be enough to garner Lady Blanchefleur re-directing her forces to attack her. Sarah was strong enough to fight most Mages by herself, never mind with a squad of powerful Mages behind her, but nobody was invincible. “...I honestly don’t know why he would go after a kid who attacked us and who aligned herself with...Dariusz or Lady Blanchefleur. She clearly doesn’t want anything to do with him. She’s probably playing a game with him so she can capture him. I hope he kicks her butt and comes back safe,” she muttered, as she ate her toast.

She continued to eat in silence, until Henry mentioned Switzerland. Apparently nobody had thought to bury Lord Vladimir in his own home’s graveyard, but instead buried him in Switzerland. Another long drive. Nevertheless, Eglantine understood. Henry was hoping that seeing his uncle this last time would bring him comfort. “...I’ll go with you, if you want. That...probably would not be a comfortable trip alone. Do you...want to go today, or do you want to wait until Rabbit and Uncle Michel come home?...We have two days...or one and one morning, I suppose,” she inquired.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:25 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry von Kressel

“It almost sounds a little like a plot of some sort...though I don’t know what they could possibly be betting...” Eglantine muttered, smiling as Henry brought her breakfast just as she asked. Eggs sunnyside-up, slightly runny, with toast and orange juice. As she took a swallow of the juice, she nodded her thanks to Henry before she continued talking. “It’s like they wanted us out the way so they could do things. Not sure what they’re going to do against Lady Blanchefleur, though. Maybe they want to assemble some sort of...army? But we were already in the process of getting an army...”

Eglantine was not a person to spend time on conspiracies, but sending Henry, Rabbit, and Eglantine back to America sounded both safe and stupid at the same time. She wanted to get away from Lady Blanchefleur, but she could not help but wonder who would take the place of her friends and herself in fighting the wicked Head. “...It’s not like we can ask them why...We could, but...they probably wouldn’t give a good answer. Idiots...” She took a bite of her eggs, and then dipped her toast in the runny yolk while Henry spoke about Rabbit and Michel.

Sending Sarah after them was not a bad idea, but indeed, the attention she would bring would be enough to garner Lady Blanchefleur re-directing her forces to attack her. Sarah was strong enough to fight most Mages by herself, never mind with a squad of powerful Mages behind her, but nobody was invincible. “...I honestly don’t know why he would go after a kid who attacked us and who aligned herself with...Dariusz or Lady Blanchefleur. She clearly doesn’t want anything to do with him. She’s probably playing a game with him so she can capture him. I hope he kicks her butt and comes back safe,” she muttered, as she ate her toast.

She continued to eat in silence, until Henry mentioned Switzerland. Apparently nobody had thought to bury Lord Vladimir in his own home’s graveyard, but instead buried him in Switzerland. Another long drive. Nevertheless, Eglantine understood. Henry was hoping that seeing his uncle this last time would bring him comfort. “...I’ll go with you, if you want. That...probably would not be a comfortable trip alone. Do you...want to go today, or do you want to wait until Rabbit and Uncle Michel come home?...We have two days...or one and one morning, I suppose,” she inquired.

"There is probably a plot or something like that behind it, yes. The Committee isn't eager to share its glories with people who openly criticize them, or worse, want to change how things work. The amount of prestige obtained in a victory over Blanchefleur would be enormous if a group inspired by two young mages did it. But their worry is also legit... You're a Rise, and I'm the heir to a Great House, which means that if we died or got captured, well... things could end up in a huge advantage for Blanchefleur."

Slowly, Henry ate the bread with the eggs, apparently surprised at the quality of his own meal while the small Spaniel that ran around the kitchen was restless. Kaiser, in the other hand, seemed undisturbed by anything around him: the lazy dog rested on the couch, his head carefully placed against the armrest, his eyes half-closed but watching the kitchen.

"Rabbit always felt personally responsible for all of us. Even the ones who had frequent parents, like Allistor and Shaun. He was always there, taking care, making sure that we ate properly and took our coats with us when it was too cold - even if half of us can make fire out of nowhere - the usual mom routine you're used to.

Catherine, she was always... a little bit distant. She's the first Blood Mage after years, which explains her surname, that is actually a nom-de-guerre. She's actually a Kennedy, rich girl and all of that. But there was this girl back then, Aria... We both had a huge crush on her, and when she discovered she wasn't exactly human, Catherine just stuck to her permanently. There were some... grim weeks after that, you know. I barely slept after the battle, spent weeks patrolling the grounds with other students and a teacher... And Paris was the nail in the coffin. Aria disappeared, Catherine got caught in the plan we devised, and after that, she disappeared. Next I know, she's under the tutelage of the Dariusz here, but certainly with her own goals in mind. Her decisions might be... unwise, at best, but she isn't.

Also, I imagine you're wondering why Vladimir wasn't buried near the family members. The answer is a... paradox. He personally asked to be buried with his wife and children, according to Sebastian. And they were all buried in Switzerland, where they briefly lived for some time. But... no, I won't travel today. Honestly, miss Eglantine, I just want to rest as much as I can before going back to Mana, and you're invited to join me in this particular effort. Considering, obviously, that Chloe allows you to properly rest!"

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Hailey Winters

Hailey had not idea why she woke up so early, it was way to damn cold. For that matter, why was she outside! Hundred and ten degree summers didn't bother the vegas girl, but now it was well below freezing. Hailey cursed her stupid name, and continued her masochistic walk through the woods of the school. Even as she complained to herself in her own head, she couldn't stop her eyes from constantly moving around to take in all the beauty of the forest. Hailey grudgingly admitted how much she loved the sights of the forest in winter.

After a bit, she stumbled into a group of three students, looking to get ready to spar. They had gathered in a clearing that Hailey didn't recognize. Maybe it would be useful to get in on the action, but for now Hailey found a log with the least amount of snow and took a seat to watch the three.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:“It almost sounds a little like a plot of some sort...though I don’t know what they could possibly be betting...” Eglantine muttered, smiling as Henry brought her breakfast just as she asked. Eggs sunnyside-up, slightly runny, with toast and orange juice. As she took a swallow of the juice, she nodded her thanks to Henry before she continued talking. “It’s like they wanted us out the way so they could do things. Not sure what they’re going to do against Lady Blanchefleur, though. Maybe they want to assemble some sort of...army? But we were already in the process of getting an army...”

"There is probably a plot or something like that behind it, yes. The Committee isn't eager to share its glories with people who openly criticize them, or worse, want to change how things work. The amount of prestige obtained in a victory over Blanchefleur would be enormous if a group inspired by two young mages did it. But their worry is also legit... You're a Rise, and I'm the heir to a Great House, which means that if we died or got captured, well... things could end up in a huge advantage for Blanchefleur."

Slowly, Henry ate the bread with the eggs, apparently surprised at the quality of his own meal while the small Spaniel that ran around the kitchen was restless. Kaiser, in the other hand, seemed undisturbed by anything around him: the lazy dog rested on the couch, his head carefully placed against the armrest, his eyes half-closed but watching the kitchen.

"Rabbit always felt personally responsible for all of us. Even the ones who had frequent parents, like Allistor and Shaun. He was always there, taking care, making sure that we ate properly and took our coats with us when it was too cold - even if half of us can make fire out of nowhere - the usual mom routine you're used to.

Catherine, she was always... a little bit distant. She's the first Blood Mage after years, which explains her surname, that is actually a nom-de-guerre. She's actually a Kennedy, rich girl and all of that. But there was this girl back then, Aria... We both had a huge crush on her, and when she discovered she wasn't exactly human, Catherine just stuck to her permanently. There were some... grim weeks after that, you know. I barely slept after the battle, spent weeks patrolling the grounds with other students and a teacher... And Paris was the nail in the coffin. Aria disappeared, Catherine got caught in the plan we devised, and after that, she disappeared. Next I know, she's under the tutelage of the Dariusz here, but certainly with her own goals in mind. Her decisions might be... unwise, at best, but she isn't.

Also, I imagine you're wondering why Vladimir wasn't buried near the family members. The answer is a... paradox. He personally asked to be buried with his wife and children, according to Sebastian. And they were all buried in Switzerland, where they briefly lived for some time. But... no, I won't travel today. Honestly, miss Eglantine, I just want to rest as much as I can before going back to Mana, and you're invited to join me in this particular effort. Considering, obviously, that Chloe allows you to properly rest!"

Eglantine snickered as Henry described Rabbit's over-protective demeanor. As she chewed the rest of her toast and watched Henry come sit by her, she thought about how Mana's students and teachers seemed to be so close-knit. Unfortunately, Catherine had been pushed out of that inner circle, and now she felt isolated from her classmates. Losing someone she loved, and being tortured, had altered her enough that she wanted to kill the pain however she could. For a moment, Eglantine felt a bit of sympathy for the girl. Yet at the same time, she shook her head as she finished her orange juice. "...It doesn't give her the excuse to get herself involved with people like them. If she thinks they're actually going to give her anything, or that they're going to be nice to her, she's going to get herself killed..."

She sighed and finished her eggs, just as Chloe flew into her lap. The hyper puppy had smelled the cooking food, and had wanted to try and get to it as quickly as possible. "No, Chloe, you cannot have table-scraps!" her owner chided in a sing-song voice. "But you can sit in my lap and be a good girl. I'll feed you when I'm done eating." She was glad for the puppy, who brought a newfound sort of joy to her life. In her serious moments, she would have a sweet dog to make her laugh. In the meantime, Magnolia urgently rushed into the room, meowing loudly and sticking her needly claws into Henry's leg. She was much faster than Sebastian, and Eglantine snickered as she heard the high-pitched squeals.

Of course, the topic turned back to Vladimir's grave, and the girl became solemn and quiet as Henry explained why his beloved uncle was not buried in Austria. She shuddered at the idea of being buried in exile, far from anyone who could love and visit them. She nodded as he asked if she wanted to come with him, and she pet Chloe, who now sat in her lap while staring at the breakfast plates. "I think it would be nice and respectful. We can apologize to him, too, that we have to run so quickly..." she replied.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:02 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Eglantine snickered as Henry described Rabbit's over-protective demeanor. As she chewed the rest of her toast and watched Henry come sit by her, she thought about how Mana's students and teachers seemed to be so close-knit. Unfortunately, Catherine had been pushed out of that inner circle, and now she felt isolated from her classmates. Losing someone she loved, and being tortured, had altered her enough that she wanted to kill the pain however she could. For a moment, Eglantine felt a bit of sympathy for the girl. Yet at the same time, she shook her head as she finished her orange juice. "...It doesn't give her the excuse to get herself involved with people like them. If she thinks they're actually going to give her anything, or that they're going to be nice to her, she's going to get herself killed..."

She sighed and finished her eggs, just as Chloe flew into her lap. The hyper puppy had smelled the cooking food, and had wanted to try and get to it as quickly as possible. "No, Chloe, you cannot have table-scraps!" her owner chided in a sing-song voice. "But you can sit in my lap and be a good girl. I'll feed you when I'm done eating." She was glad for the puppy, who brought a newfound sort of joy to her life. In her serious moments, she would have a sweet dog to make her laugh. In the meantime, Magnolia urgently rushed into the room, meowing loudly and sticking her needly claws into Henry's leg. She was much faster than Sebastian, and Eglantine snickered as she heard the high-pitched squeals.

Of course, the topic turned back to Vladimir's grave, and the girl became solemn and quiet as Henry explained why his beloved uncle was not buried in Austria. She shuddered at the idea of being buried in exile, far from anyone who could love and visit them. She nodded as he asked if she wanted to come with him, and she pet Chloe, who now sat in her lap while staring at the breakfast plates. "I think it would be nice and respectful. We can apologize to him, too, that we have to run so quickly..." she replied.

Henry grabbed the small, playful kitten from the ground, embracing her on his lap as he emanated a gentle warmth from his arms. The cat seemed to curl into a ball of softness and hunger, as she bit the tip of Henry's fingers hungrily. Extending a hand, Henry grabbed a nearby bowl and placed it on the table, before picking up the cat food and placing it on the bowl. Magnolia hurriedly stuffed her face in the bowl, eating constantly.

"Catherine hardly needs excuses for what she did. If she set her mind to it, she'll do it and won't look for excuses on doing it. Can't say it's an uncommon trait in the political courts of Europe, so she might be in for a successful career around here. However, I don't know what kind of things she might be up to that lead Rabbit with such hurry to Romania. I'll... try my best to not worry about it."

As he was about to comment on Vladimir's grave, Sebastian entered the kitchen, staring with surprise at Magnolia eating again. He was certain that he gave enough food to the cat, but he never took care of any kittens before. However, he was also sure that Rabbit fed her every time he thought that she was a cute cat, which happened every single minute of the day,

"I'm glad to see you're both up and completely rested! Henry, your aunt Sarah secured an alliance with the Abramovs yesterday. She didn't want to wake you or Lady Eglantine up, given the fact that you were both quite tired and, with far more elegant words that the ones she used, she was deeply afraid of - as the French say - get you both en flagrante. But those are matters that passed, as there is another topic I wish to discuss.

A few days ago, while you were at the Committee attending to your personal matters, some men came around to deliver... something Vladimir ordered in advance. They say it is in your name, however. Please, if you both would like to accompany me."

As Henry and Eglantine got up from the kitchen - with the house pets following them, obviously - they were guided by Sebastian through the corridors until they reached the outside garage. As the doors of the room opened, Henry's eyes met a sight that he couldn't believe. A silver Bentley Continental GT, the last gift that his uncle would give him before he departed, arrived days before his birthday.

"... He even knew the color. Now... I'll travel with it to Switzerland. Feels appropriate. And no Eglantine, you can't drive it on the way back."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:21 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Eglantine snickered as Henry described Rabbit's over-protective demeanor. As she chewed the rest of her toast and watched Henry come sit by her, she thought about how Mana's students and teachers seemed to be so close-knit. Unfortunately, Catherine had been pushed out of that inner circle, and now she felt isolated from her classmates. Losing someone she loved, and being tortured, had altered her enough that she wanted to kill the pain however she could. For a moment, Eglantine felt a bit of sympathy for the girl. Yet at the same time, she shook her head as she finished her orange juice. "...It doesn't give her the excuse to get herself involved with people like them. If she thinks they're actually going to give her anything, or that they're going to be nice to her, she's going to get herself killed..."

Henry grabbed the small, playful kitten from the ground, embracing her on his lap as he emanated a gentle warmth from his arms. The cat seemed to curl into a ball of softness and hunger, as she bit the tip of Henry's fingers hungrily. Extending a hand, Henry grabbed a nearby bowl and placed it on the table, before picking up the cat food and placing it on the bowl. Magnolia hurriedly stuffed her face in the bowl, eating constantly.

"Catherine hardly needs excuses for what she did. If she set her mind to it, she'll do it and won't look for excuses on doing it. Can't say it's an uncommon trait in the political courts of Europe, so she might be in for a successful career around here. However, I don't know what kind of things she might be up to that lead Rabbit with such hurry to Romania. I'll... try my best to not worry about it."

As he was about to comment on Vladimir's grave, Sebastian entered the kitchen, staring with surprise at Magnolia eating again. He was certain that he gave enough food to the cat, but he never took care of any kittens before. However, he was also sure that Rabbit fed her every time he thought that she was a cute cat, which happened every single minute of the day,

"I'm glad to see you're both up and completely rested! Henry, your aunt Sarah secured an alliance with the Abramovs yesterday. She didn't want to wake you or Lady Eglantine up, given the fact that you were both quite tired and, with far more elegant words that the ones she used, she was deeply afraid of - as the French say - get you both en flagrante. But those are matters that passed, as there is another topic I wish to discuss.

A few days ago, while you were at the Committee attending to your personal matters, some men came around to deliver... something Vladimir ordered in advance. They say it is in your name, however. Please, if you both would like to accompany me."

As Henry and Eglantine got up from the kitchen - with the house pets following them, obviously - they were guided by Sebastian through the corridors until they reached the outside garage. As the doors of the room opened, Henry's eyes met a sight that he couldn't believe. A silver Bentley Continental GT, the last gift that his uncle would give him before he departed, arrived days before his birthday.

"... He even knew the color. Now... I'll travel with it to Switzerland. Feels appropriate. And no Eglantine, you can't drive it on the way back."

Henry was sweet and gentle with little Magnolia, who wanted badly to have her second breakfast. Eglantine could not help but giggle as he teased the little kitten and got her another bowl of her food. She then nodded to him as he talked a little more about Catherine. “...She’ll have to live through kicking the hornet’s nest if she wants to have any kind of ‘career’...” she muttered. As she commented, Sebastian entered the kitchen.

She turned to listen to him as he explained that he had indeed fed the kitten as Rabbit had instructed, and yet she was still hungry. She smirked, but her smirked vanished as she heard that the Abramovs had made an appearance at Hellbrun. They had been at this very building, and she had not even known about their presence. She felt mortified. Of course, she also felt mortified by the suggestion that Sebastian did not want to interrupt Henry and herself if they were in the middle of...business. Her face turned beet-red, and she stared over at Henry with shock.

“Wait...why didn’t she come tell us anything? We...we really weren’t busy doing anything, we were just watching TV and drinking wine...At least while we were here we could have at least addressed them! What if they had information that was necessary?!” she questioned. Her question went unanswered for the moment, as Sebastian also spoke to Henry about a more private matter. Vladimir had left him a lavish gift in the wake of his death, and Sebastian was eager to present this gift to Henry. Thus Eglantine followed him and his butler outside, holding Chloe in one arm while Magnolia trot behind Henry.

The car outside looked like a movie star’s dream. A stainless-steel-colored Bentley, painfully luxurious and classically sleek. Vladimir truly was generous to his children, nieces, and nephews. Or he simply liked to throw money around because he could. Or both. Either way, Henry was surprised and pleased by his gift. Eglantine watched his reaction, only to puff her cheeks in indignance when he suggested that she could not drive it. “...Fine, you can drive it to Switzerland. But I want to drive it around Salzburg,” she suggested.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:30 pm

Saleon wrote:Eliza Hartford
Villa Dracor
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit stared at Catherine as she revealed her scarred face. Her face was healing, but the pain in her face was still unmistakable. The last few months still weighed on her face, and in her heart. He could see the physical damage, the twisting emotions, the effects of drugs, and eyes weighing a horrible decision. He did not know if she was willing to fight him. He continued to hold his sword, rather than allowing it to float before him. He hated close combat, and hoped she would not engage him at this range, if at all. He saw a tear fall from her eyes, the stinging sensation of the knowledge that she was not the same girl she had once been.

As a positive, she took a step and moved toward him. After that first step followed some other steps, and she walked down from her throne to face him. Now she took her turn to plead. She wanted him to not only understand her pain, but to accept her solution. This same Magic had healed her face, but he knew it could hold untold dangers for many others. His own face weighed a decision. If he committed a small evil, he had to know whether it would lead to a greater good at all. He did not believe it would, but if he committed the small good of denying this Magic, he then had to figure what would happen to Catherine.

He took his sunglasses off and showed her the subtle pain wrought in his expression. "...Of course...I shall support you even if you do not wish to support me...that is my duty, and what I wish to do with what remains of my life...But Catherine..." He gulped, as the lead of his next words sunk into his throat. "...There are other ways...that you can find healing. If I am to best support you...I cannot leave you here alone. It will be unhealthy for you. You may have the power now to be physically well, but it is nothing when you feel...the crushing pain of loneliness. And I know Mana has not always been the safest place...but we will make it better. Together. Even better, your friends will be glad you came home. Henry. Allistor. Shaun. Even little Soleil. And we will make Mana a home for you. And even after you graduate...we will help you find a place of peace in which you can live and thrive."

He allowed his sword to float at his side, and he took his student's hands in his. He did not squeeze hard, as he knew he might accidentally cause her pain. "...I must leave here in two days. I have been ordered...to return with Henry and Allistor to Mana. I do not wish to leave without you. If I was to stay, my council can help, but it cannot make-up...for the decisions you must make. It is a painful and difficult struggle, to fight those urges, to use the cursed Magic to try and find redemption. It is not a path I would wish on anyone, never mind my own student...And I would never wish it on anyone I love. Or even on anyone I hate. There is still a place in the world for you. A purpose for you. A chance for you to find people who love you. You are far too young, and far too valued, to lock yourself away in a place like this. Please, Catherine...listen to me..." he pleaded.
Eliza cleared her throat, finally having a brief time to be able to think. She had heard enough to know she would not be covered in some stupid orb of water. Her eyes peered at Rene, having been smiling a little. He turned to her before vanishing in a burst of steam and water. He had begun to use his glamour to hide his presence and reappear at the bed of the mysterious mirror that looked up at them. He could almost immediately feel the darkness wrap around and swirl in mysterious mirror now looking more like a door into a demonic plane. the skies were almost hard to be called anything but beyond human comprehension. He saw the statues of obsidian and shadow that would be known as the "illustrious towers."

Eliza stayed within the watery orb. She began to meditate in place. Soon, the ice began to slowly frost and glaze over. It became a large ball of ice. The fluctuation in Rabbit's emotional wellbeing led for only a slight crack in his magic. It was, to an extent, a conflict between two practitioners of ice magic. Just of two very distinct varieties.

Her aura began to diffuse out into the field of magic. It filled the area and provided an easier attempt to distort and shatter the dark magical being's magic. In a few seconds, Eliza began to shatter the orb of water in front of her. She fell to the ground as it broke. The shards of ice then melted instantaneously into puddles. She looked to Fier for a second, "I am not your enemy, great dragon."

She then turned towards the entrance Rabbit and Michael had entered. The fox-girl looked at the large stairs leading down to them. Her eyes perused the stairs as if entering enemy land. At the same time, she knew there wasn't much time for sight seeing. She jumped down the stairs and summoned a small layer of ice to slide down them.

It was clear from that something gruesome had gone down. Three things were significant: The hanged corpse of a lady, likely the former member of the Triad; Michel, stalwartly waiting beside the mirror; and of course, the central focus, the mirror. The mirror was, from the very moment, a bizarre fixture of the room. The glass moved and shook, like liquid. The air was still and cold as one entered it. She could feel Rene faintly, but as if he was in some place beyond the mirror. Eliza knew this was not a mirror in the purest sense, but a dark and arcane kind of... portal. She could see the rubble that had seemingly hid the mirror. The image on the inside of the portal was vague, but menacing.

"I seek knowledge, not violence. I must see these towers, as you call them," Eliza says, peering at Michel. "As for your request, I have already informed the courts. Now, be warned, that doesn't mean that they will be mobilized into action. It is equally likely they will be willing to further abandon this area. For now..." The girl says, before picking up the Brownie that had seemingly hid in her jacket. She scooted him towards Michel, "I don't think our friend here would find it safe to enter with me."

Eliza would hide as a mist, slinking into the portal.

As she entered... she realized quickly why it seemed as if Rene was in a foreign land. The whole plane was wide, immense. It was a strange alien world of infinite expanse. Her eyes turned to survey the realm. The water horse had shed his human form, becoming a murky Water Horse. It spoke to her, "this place is... strange."

"Well, that is an understatement."

"no, not just the world itself, but the magic. It is... subtle, hard for me to detect, but from what I investigated... this is old... and nothing like normal human magic. Nor like Fey."

"great... so we wound up looking at a great old one, or something. Well, I can't just stop and turn back. These towers are dangerous, from what they said."

"Quite," the horse reverberated. Eliza looks up and hops onto the horse. She sat like a knight who had been trained to become like one with their steed. She carefully trod forwards, slowly, as she began to enter the tower, waiting to find Rabbit and his "student." She would not fight... at least she expected this wasn't like her normal fights. She would observe, moving in closer into the tower. The main entrance. Hiding behind the shadows of the water horse's glamour.

She rode on her horse, staying close to a pillar, watching. Knowing Rabbit, it probably less was hiding and more taking a suitable stance to make it clear she was not being aggressive.

Seeing Eliza in the wine cellar made Michel bristle. Rabbit had already tried to restrain her, in order to keep her out of trouble, but she had managed to break her magical water prison and had headed into the building without a second thought. Now she confidently approached Michel, thinking he would simply let her pass with maybe a little compromise. She was quite calm about approaching a building full of Dark Magic that apparently not even her Fae Courts could handle.

“So...let me get this straight. You went through all the trouble of telling us how the Fae are worried about Magic, and how they want to protect this city...and now you tell me they’re going to jump ship. I suppose I shouldn’t be too surprised about the Fae being fickle. I suppose I’m more surprised that you thought your little game wouldn’t catch-up with you...” he commented. He leaned on Cauchemar, unbothered by the huge, razor-sharp blade that curved like death’s own beak. After a second of thinking, a sly grin came upon his face.

“But if you want me to offer you an olive branch, I can give you one...You can leave here completely unscathed if I see you turn and walk out the door, no Magic shenanigans, no sneaky tricks, in the next ten seconds. If your Fae Courts can’t do anything, and Rabbit distracted can lock you in a bubble and drag you across Bucharest, then you won’t be able to deal with advanced Dark Magic. And God knows you wouldn’t be able to deal with me. Soooo...I don’t have a watch but I’ll count in my head. And if you’re not out this room, and out this building, by the time I get to zero, I’ll throw you out myself.”
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:41 am

His two sparring partners spared no time in coordinating and attacking as soon as possible, however the shrapnel strategy was soon defied by the wall of metal Oliver had summoned prior. Although he jumped away reflexively to avoid any that would've gotten through, he however capitalized on the blocked shrapnel by sending a large gust of wind behind his wall to kick up the snow and blind Shaun from coming any closer or giving support.
Shortly after, he recovered the wall by turning it once again into a cube, and assumed a wide stance to cover for attacks on Dom's part.

'They seem to already have some sort of plan going on. Staying on the move would be best I figure.' With that thought in mind, he attempted to maintain a distance of at least 5 meters between them. So as to not enter the forest, but also to keep his view open enough to see potential attack plans in advance.
In truth he had no wish to attack them back. This exercise, to him, was a mean to test how long he could deal with high mana expenditure under heavy fire. The more he'd be able to hold, the better he'd be able to hold a siege if necessary.
Though he did figure that attacking every once in a while would at least be courteous to the two. Aggressive defense wasn't exactly 'not holding back' as they had mentioned.

Oliver had ideas to attack them eventually, but wondered if it would be wise at that time. Not to mention he couldn't even use his right arm unless he wanted to commit murder.
He simply concentrated on his immediate defense and analyzed how they fought.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:

Henry was sweet and gentle with little Magnolia, who wanted badly to have her second breakfast. Eglantine could not help but giggle as he teased the little kitten and got her another bowl of her food. She then nodded to him as he talked a little more about Catherine. “...She’ll have to live through kicking the hornet’s nest if she wants to have any kind of ‘career’...” she muttered. As she commented, Sebastian entered the kitchen.

She turned to listen to him as he explained that he had indeed fed the kitten as Rabbit had instructed, and yet she was still hungry. She smirked, but her smirked vanished as she heard that the Abramovs had made an appearance at Hellbrun. They had been at this very building, and she had not even known about their presence. She felt mortified. Of course, she also felt mortified by the suggestion that Sebastian did not want to interrupt Henry and herself if they were in the middle of...business. Her face turned beet-red, and she stared over at Henry with shock.

“Wait...why didn’t she come tell us anything? We...we really weren’t busy doing anything, we were just watching TV and drinking wine...At least while we were here we could have at least addressed them! What if they had information that was necessary?!” she questioned. Her question went unanswered for the moment, as Sebastian also spoke to Henry about a more private matter. Vladimir had left him a lavish gift in the wake of his death, and Sebastian was eager to present this gift to Henry. Thus Eglantine followed him and his butler outside, holding Chloe in one arm while Magnolia trot behind Henry.

The car outside looked like a movie star’s dream. A stainless-steel-colored Bentley, painfully luxurious and classically sleek. Vladimir truly was generous to his children, nieces, and nephews. Or he simply liked to throw money around because he could. Or both. Either way, Henry was surprised and pleased by his gift. Eglantine watched his reaction, only to puff her cheeks in indignance when he suggested that she could not drive it. “...Fine, you can drive it to Switzerland. But I want to drive it around Salzburg,” she suggested.

As they admired the possible last gift Vladimir gave to his beloved nephew peacefully, Henry didn't even have the time to give Eglantine a quick answer, joking about how Salzburg would witness the new Alain Prost in action in a next few days. A soldier ran to Salzburg, informing Henry that his mother and aunt left to attend particular issues, which explained Anneliese's absence. However, in the meantime, a group of soldiers stood at his doorstep, with his much "loved" cousin Hans as their apparent commander.

As Sebastian ran to get his rifle and took up a shooting position at one of the upper windows, Henry himself quickly changed his clothes before going outside to meet his cousin. He felt like he didn't even need to ask Eglantine if she wanted to come along: she didn't get along with Hans since the first day they met, and he couldn't imagine her sitting on a couch while he stood outside.

Together, they would open the main doors of Hellbrunn to see Hans among 20 armed soldiers all gathered around him. His nose was bandaged from the last time they met in Italy, however the snobbish grin could still be seen on his face: even the wounds his relative inflicted on him didn't see to shake his ego at all, specially now, where he was guarded behind a group of men that didn't seem too friendly at all.

"- Hans von Kressel, my dear cousin. I see that your nose is recovering quite well and that you found a nice group of friends. May I know what brings you all the way to Salzburg?

- Henry! Apparently your father, Grand Lord Joachim wasn't exactly satisfied with the results of the Committee's report on what happened in Poland, you know... So he wants to have a private talk with Rabbit, your guest, to properly assess what happened there, in the best of interests, obviously... So would you kindly inform us where the said professor is before we enter your home and search for him ourselves?

- I do believe I misheard you, Hans. Are you saying that you brought these men to enter my home, to search for my guest and bring him, against his will, with no warrant or anything of the sorts, to talk privately with my father to satisfy his private need for knowledge? I don't know why, but all of this sounds as a poorly elaborated ruse to me.

- Ruse or not, we are going to look for Rabbit here. Your father's orders, Henry!"

Slowly, Henry walked down the stairs, his eyes set on Hans, as the soldiers gathered around him, guns set on Henry. Letting out a small smile, he stared at them, examining the surroundings. Guns pointed at him, and all the young Austrian boy could do was... smile.

"- I don't know what's worse, Hans...

- What?

- You thoroughly believed that I was going to follow my father's orders? This is my house. My palace. Rabbit is my advisor. You can't even get him out of here without a gigantic bureaucratic process, you know that? Of course you don't. But that's not your biggest illusion, is it? Your biggest illusion is that a group of men armed with guns that aren't loaded with real ammunition would stop me from reaching you and making a definitive mess on your nose. Don't be surprised, Hans! I know my father. If he wanted to kill me today, a rocket would've hit this structure minutes ago, and the last person he would send is someone who is far less intelligent than a wild horse! So you better leave this palace right now before I decide to give you a permanent gift before I go back to America."

Silence lingered between the two while Hans absorbed Henry's words. The plan carefully devised by him overlooked one simple point: Henry knew his father's limits. The risk of getting Henry lethally wounded in a capture of Rabbit was something that Joachim would never allow, at least not now. As the soldiers looked at each other, they eventually looked back at Hans. But what came out of his mouth, this time, wasn't the cries of a spoiled brat.

"So... Rabbit isn't here after all. He didn't run over here to check on his favorite students. Shame that away from you, he's such a possible target... He might not even know what happened to you. I wonder if he wouldn't follow me then. And you know, a nice distinguished fellow like him is very, very hard to miss. I wonder how many days or hours will take for us to find him? And sure, we can't hurt you, but no one said anything about not hurting the French lady, or the pesky butler, or your irritating mutt. The list is long, you know..."

As Henry walked away from him, the words sunk in deep inside his head. The threat was real, and the targets were all around him. Hans took lessons in politics while his nose healed, and apparently he wanted to test the lessons. However, in a hunt, the very bait used to attract the predator could become the ground of the hunter's death, and Henry seemed determined on proving it. It was his territory, the town where he grew up, the place where his uncle lived, and he wasn't going to let Hans desecrate those grounds so easily. With a gesture of hand, the sound of a bullet being fired echoed through the air and landed straight into a soldier's shoulder, giving Henry the space he needed to place a solid punch in Hans's face.

However, it wasn't just a punch. It was a hit filled with the aggressiveness and rage Henry bottled up inside him for so much time he couldn't count himself. Standing up for Mana was one thing, but standing up for the place of his childhood was another matter entirely. There weren't brakes in his aggression, as the soldiers seemed to scatter and focus on Eglantine, rushing with their blades in their hands while another part seemed terrified by the hit that sent Hans flying away.

The small battle at Salzburg, the final confrontation between Henry and his cousin would finally begin.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:25 am

Apparently Henry and Eglantine were not allowed to have any peace, as long as they were in Europe for any reason at all. The breezy morning atmosphere between the couple was shattered abruptly by the marching of boots and the smug smirk of Henry’s contemptible cousin. Hans had learned from his last encounter with Henry, and instead of coming alone, he had brought friends. Eglantine felt herself tense, not at first feeling the anger that came from being found by the enemy. Instead, she was initially bewildered. Hans had no reason to be here without another Von Kressel Noble to back him up. Then again, he already had that.

Hans declared that his father wanted to see Rabbit, regarding whatever had happened in Poland. Eglantine was baffled. Rabbit was not even home and had not been involved in anything that had happened in Poland. Perhaps Joachim knew that Rabbit was a strong influence on Henry, and wanted to get rid of him. She wanted to snicker at the ridiculousness of the situation, but she figured that doing so would require for Hans to be self-aware.

Despite the strangeness of the situation, Henry was still furious, and for good reason. Hans had marched onto his property in what could only be an attack on his seat in House Von Kressel. With Vladimir gone, Rabbit as Henry’s counselor, and Henry’s own position being contested despite his strong claim to Salzburg, Hans and Joachim had decided that the seat was theirs for the taking. Greedy hacks want to take an extra slice of the pie, I suppose, she thought. For the moment, she watched the raging fire in her lover’s eyes as he strolled to his cousin and promptly began to beat him senseless.

A shot rang out from above, and Henry launched a burning comet of a punch into his cousin’s face. With this attack the fierce battle began, and Eglantine saw swords being leveled against her. Even if they were not loaded, she had no way to tell, and would be foolish to try and check somehow. She set her own hands and feet ablaze, and finally the whole snarl came to her face. Her last days in Salzburg and she couldn’t even spend them quietly. Launching herself forward, she became a living, shifting firestorm. Every time she landed a punch of a kick, a soldier burned and staggered back in pain. After hitting six or so of them in rapid succession, she landed and assumed her kickboxing stance. “Get off this property, or I’ll give you all a second round of pain for good measure!” she shouted.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Henry von Kressel
1 year ago, after the Lynefleur incident...
Schloss Hellbrunn

The rooms of Schloss Hellbrunn echoed the steps of Vladimir and Henry as they walked to the combat room. A specially devised place to contain their high capability of destruction, given their elements and how different in the spectres of the same power they were: Henry, so young and full of energy that he could easily make a mistake; Vladimir, his uncle, so experienced that one move was all that he needed to blow the place up.

"- So, you needed to fight, yet you are shaken by the imagery of the corpse you burnt?

- Precisely, uncle.

- Henry, battles aren't about clashes of blades and speeches and armours carefully crafted and decorated with crests and personal insignias. A battle is fundamentally a battle of wits, but in our case, the Fire users, our battle is one composed by wits and wills.

- How so?

- Come. And I shall explain."

They both entered the room, with Vladimir letting his cane in a nearby sword display as he walked slowly to the other side of the circular ring they used for training. Placing himself in a battle stance, he turned to Henry and ordered him to attack.

The order was confusing. Vladimir didn't cast any form of defense, only specified that the attack should be composed only by fire. What was he going to do? His leg didn't allow him to dodge effectively, but Henry obeyed the directions. Casting a fireball, he hurled it at Vladimir with all his strength. However, as the flaming projectile traveled to Vladimir's position, it met the hands of Henry's uncle, who quickly divided it in two halves effortlessly.

As the flames disappeared, Vladimir stared at an amazed Henry. Calmly walking back to his cane, he signaled for Henry to accompany him away without any words.

"- Uncle, how you did... That?

- Battle of wits and wills, my dear child. A will is nothing more but the conjunction of your courage, your capability to stare down at your fears and stand unshaken, your knowledge regarding the use of the element and the most dangerous and volatile item: rage.

- Rage?

- Yes. The element every human being carry quite essentially and that might lead to terrible decisions. It was the rage directed at death that lead to Genghis Khan's post-mortem massacre, for example. However, the same rage at the structures surrounding him lead to Ali's stubbornness in fights.

- So... I need to use it like Mace Windu used the Dark Side?

- ... A poor choice of reference, but yes. Strengthen your will, but in times, let your rage walk around it, use the structures offered, but make sure that you show it the exit once the park is closed. In a less complex analogy...

- Visit, but don't stay.

- Brilliant! All the reading is finally showing some benefits for your young mind."

Schloss Hellbrunn, now

As Eglantine showered the assailants with fire and offenses, Henry himself fought in his own front. Soldiers gathered around him, their swords dancing as he evaded and protected himself from the series of attacks. The soldiers' objective was clear: to hold off Henry while Hans got up himself.

The face of the other von Kressel burned in pain, as he felt the massive impact delivered by a furious Henry who stood firmly against the attacks of his accolades. The usually gentlemanly looking noble now was growling at his foes, but evaded with the same graciousness, like a beast of sorts decided to take over him. In that moment, Hans realized that he knew a different Henry, one that wasn't honed by the challenges presented in his years at Mana.

In a desperate measure, he threw three fireballs at his cousin, while the soldiers opened up space for the fireballs to hit. However, what seemed to be a solid hit, became something different.

With firm eyes and flaming fists, Henry deflected the fireballs against his foes, making the soldiers fly around him with burning uniforms. The path between them was now clear, as Henry marched forward with steady steps.

Hans assumed a battle stance, as Henry also took his position. In the first moves, their face-off showed their prowess in battle: as the flaming blocks were exchanged between them, an outside observer couldn't judge the attacking party or the defending one. Shields were erected from the ground and thrown as pillars, before they were broken down and repurposed as shrapnel to be shot at the enemy; flames engulfed both fighters, shot from their hands, feet and air. Fireballs collided, making the temperature of the air rise as the hatred between them grew. The very few soldiers that managed to survive Henry's attack now waited for one opportunity to strike a blow, like snakes laying low on the grass.

Behind them, the soldiers took a beating of their lives from Eglantine. The first one that hit the ground wasn't even able to get up to fight back, as another loud sound marked Sebastian's notable marksmanship and the bullet struck the soldier's head. While the others decided to retreat, two of them decided to reorganize the attack.

One sprayed fire from his hand, trying to reduce Eglantine's sight while the other marched towards her with flaming fists. Before she knew, her kickboxing stance was hit by a flaming sweep kick, and the two soldiers seemed determined to stomp her down.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Fire whirled and thrashed in a monstrous display of power, as Eglantine faced-down multiple Fire Mages at once. She fought fire with fire, sending fireballs crashing into fireballs as the enemies assaulted her. She glared down her opponents-unblinking, cold, and focused. As she felt her opponent throw a sweeping kick up toward her fists, she stepped back, moving her fists in front of her chest to avoid a jarring hit to the ribs.

He really knew what he wanted to do, if he brought this many Fire Mages at once...Heh...I guess he’s still mad I won’t date him. Setting her feet on fire, she launched herself into the air, performing the same move she did against Blanchefleur’s dragon. This time, however, instead of falling down on a single target as she flipped into the air, she let her leg fly up and then axe-kick the air just above the ground.

A storm of flames shot from her feet, whirling in every direction and hitting every fighter in sight. If she could not incapacitate them with a couple of hits, then she could at least make them back away in a fright. She was willing to give a good fight, and to even send a few trespassers to the hospital, but she did not like to kill. She knew she possibly had no choice, but she made sure to end the firestorm as she soon as she saw that her opponents had been set aflame. “Give it up and go home! I don’t have the patience for rookies!” she called to them.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:09 pm

The soldiers dodged Eglantine's flying axe kick, throwing themselves back as the flames engulfed their arms. Quickly, their fiery sparks were directed at Eglantine, as their circled around her, locking her in a position and approaching slowly surrounding her.

However, as one of them turned their back against the doors of the palace, the fire stream would be abruptly interrupted. If among the flames Eglantine managed to take a look behind, she would meet an unusual sight: the unusually lazy dog showed his teeth quite literally, attacking the soldiers straight at his neck. The usually friendly dog now looked like a feral animal, standing at attention while the fur around his mouth gained a crimson tone as the dog kept growling.

The firestream from the other opponent stopped as he needed to see the reason behind the "disappearance" of his ally. His eyes, however, met an angry Eglantine accompanied by an even angrier dog. As the numbers shifted in the favour of the Salzburg's defenders, all that remained was one opponent in Eglantine's front.

Henry however was locked with Hans himself in a battle that didn't seem to end, even if Henry gained ground at a steady pace against Hans. His cousin, in a desperate move, fired multiple balls of fire at the ground, raising a fiery dust that was quickly thrown at Henry, blinding his sight. Seeing that as an opening for a blow, a soldier charged at Henry, trying to somehow even the odds between the two von Kressels. Blade met flesh as Henry miscalculated the dodge as the tip of the blade scarred the young student's left eye. The boiling drops of blood hit the ground as a smile could be seen across Hans's face.

What would be seen in the next moments could be only described as the explosion of the rage and hate Henry had towards his cousin. As the soldier attempted to strike again, a molten fist held the sword and place, before the blade was separated in half as the metal melted. The fist made of lava reached for the soldier's head, as his screams of pain were ended with one gesture from Henry, breaking his skull. The other soldier, petrified, would try to defend himself against an incoming block of stone who flew straight away at his chest, a blow strong enough to knock him unconscious.

Now, only Hans was left in the path. In a hateful charge, Henry changed the fist into a blunt ended polearm, similar to his trademark spear, but no cuts could be done. Hit after hit, Henry made sure his cousin felt the pain in his bones, before slamming the weapon to his chest, once more sending him into a flight full of pain.

As his cousin slowly dragged himself away from the grounds, Henry took slow steps towards him, as the weapon now acquired a cutting edge while the eyes of the Salzburg's noble were set on the defeated opponent...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Eglantine was not afraid of being encircled, and she was definitely not afraid of being encircled by enemy fire. She lowered her body closer to the ground and prepared a different counterattack. However, as she was preparing an attack, she heard growling from behind her. At first, she thought Chloe had somehow strayed into the fight, and her heart pounded. If the poor puppy had somehow come outside, she would be cooked to a cinder. Whirling around, she gasped, only to find that the growling came from a much bigger creature. Kaiser had rushed outside and had unleashed his inner guard-dog. With a single lunge, he found the throat of an enemy and tore it open like Christmas paper. "Kaiser!" she exclaimed with surprise.

She was glad for the extra help, but now she had to finish this single opponent in front of her. To do so, either Kaiser could tear him apart or she could do the deed herself. Given her enemy was possibly a Fire Mage, she did not want to put the non-magical dog in the line of attack, even if he was a well-trained guard-dog. Still in her semi-crouched position, she leapt upward and flipped through the air, sending a wave of fire at the other Mage. At this point, she knew they would not back down, as they continued to stand in front of her. As she landed, she launched a huge ball of fire from her hand for good measure, and then turned to see Hans and Henry still fighting at a distance. Henry was almost beast-like in his own attacks, as he used his fists and fought his cousin hand-to-hand. A blaze raged in his body, as he moved with a sort of primal speed she had not seen in her spar with him. Even more frightening was the molten punch he threw through Hans's sword, as he took a slash to the left eye.

Deciding that she needed to end her current fight as soon as possible, she let her flaming attacks slam her own opponent and looked at Kaiser. "Come on, boy, he's cooked turkey. Let's go help Henry!" she called. She then ran toward her boyfriend, hoping the loyal German Shepherd would run alongside her. As she got closer to the fight, she saw the vicious fury in Henry's face. The molten punch was the first sign that this battle had passed the point of being about just winning. When she saw him turn his molten fist into a poleaxe, she knew she had to somehow stop Henry from committing murder. "Henry! Wait! STOP!" she screamed. She could see that Hans could no longer fight, and was probably too shaken to try anymore. "STOP! We can take him prisoner! Don't kill him!" she yelled.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:13 pm

Luminesa wrote:Eglantine was not afraid of being encircled, and she was definitely not afraid of being encircled by enemy fire. She lowered her body closer to the ground and prepared a different counterattack. However, as she was preparing an attack, she heard growling from behind her. At first, she thought Chloe had somehow strayed into the fight, and her heart pounded. If the poor puppy had somehow come outside, she would be cooked to a cinder. Whirling around, she gasped, only to find that the growling came from a much bigger creature. Kaiser had rushed outside and had unleashed his inner guard-dog. With a single lunge, he found the throat of an enemy and tore it open like Christmas paper. "Kaiser!" she exclaimed with surprise.

She was glad for the extra help, but now she had to finish this single opponent in front of her. To do so, either Kaiser could tear him apart or she could do the deed herself. Given her enemy was possibly a Fire Mage, she did not want to put the non-magical dog in the line of attack, even if he was a well-trained guard-dog. Still in her semi-crouched position, she leapt upward and flipped through the air, sending a wave of fire at the other Mage. At this point, she knew they would not back down, as they continued to stand in front of her. As she landed, she launched a huge ball of fire from her hand for good measure, and then turned to see Hans and Henry still fighting at a distance. Henry was almost beast-like in his own attacks, as he used his fists and fought his cousin hand-to-hand. A blaze raged in his body, as he moved with a sort of primal speed she had not seen in her spar with him. Even more frightening was the molten punch he threw through Hans's sword, as he took a slash to the left eye.

Deciding that she needed to end her current fight as soon as possible, she let her flaming attacks slam her own opponent and looked at Kaiser. "Come on, boy, he's cooked turkey. Let's go help Henry!" she called. She then ran toward her boyfriend, hoping the loyal German Shepherd would run alongside her. As she got closer to the fight, she saw the vicious fury in Henry's face. The molten punch was the first sign that this battle had passed the point of being about just winning. When she saw him turn his molten fist into a poleaxe, she knew she had to somehow stop Henry from committing murder. "Henry! Wait! STOP!" she screamed. She could see that Hans could no longer fight, and was probably too shaken to try anymore. "STOP! We can take him prisoner! Don't kill him!" she yelled.

The infernal heat that was cast by Henry didn't seem to cause fear in Eglantine's heart. Around him, the ground was slowly burning, as his eyes were set on his cousin, like a predator stalking wounded prey.

The imposing noble contrasted with another noble: they shared blood, but at that moment, they were the representation of a duality. If the moment could be captured in a painting, it would be highly similar to the depictions of St. Michael triumphing over the hordes of demons, or St. George's victory over the dragon. Henry stood tall, his march unstoppable, while Hans was shaking. His eyes, once filled with the certainty of victory, now gave space to the uncertainty of his own survival. There was something in his cousin's eyes that he missed the other times: there was a will to hurt, to dominate, that not even the blood pouring out of the wound over his left eye could hide. That stare seemed to destroy the wall Hans built around himself for years within seconds, and each step was the charge that wanted the king's head.

However, there was something in Eglantine that calmed Henry down. The way she pronounced "Henry", with a particular noble woman French accent that took particularities from her years in Spain. How she wasn't afraid of a man that literally had blood in his hands and forgot how to speak, fighting out of instinct like an animal. How the battle didn't seem weird for her, but how she also acted as a bridge to bring Henry back. A soldier coming back from the war sometimes hardly remembers that the battle is over and the war is won, they say.

Slowly, the heat subsided. Henry's scorching aura disappeared, as he looked around and looked at the bodies. A few were unconscious, others were dead, and his cousin was petrified. The rambling in German indicated that he saw something he couldn't even understand yet, and that terrified him so much he didn't even leave the ground.

Turning around, Henry slowly walked back to his home. A few minutes after it, Sarah would arrive with Anneliese, knowing very well that there was no business to be solved. Sebastian once more called the trusted doctor, who started to stitch Henry's wound up, while the young noble himself rested on his bed. The clean up crew composed by Hellbrunn's guard started its work, while Sarah discussed with Anneliese what to do after such an attack.

Exiting Henry's room, the doctor rushed to the living room to deliver the news: The Lord of Salzburg wouldn't lose the left eye's sight, but would need time to heal. And that he wanted to see Ms. Eglantine.

Quietly, the butler guided the French lady who bravely fought for her recently found home. As the ornated wooden door opened, the scene was relieving, but sad.

Henry had a bandage over his left eye, and Kaiser laid at his side, eyes set on the door, like he knew that his owner would need his assistance. Knowing Eglantine's smell, he kept his watch as Henry slowly sat himself on the bed.

"Well... A Germanic accent, a mansion, a nice car and an eyepatch... I could be a 007 villain now. But jokes aside... Listen, what you saw out there... Wasn't nice. And I'm not going to say that I don't remember doing it, because I do. I remember every second of it, even if I don't want to...

So now you know the last part of me. The enraged Henry. This is... Usually, the part where people leave or progressively take their distance until it's safe for them to leave. It happened a few times, I'll admit it. So... You don't need to keep up with this, you know? Even I don't like myself. This room... It's a place I like. Because here... There's only me and Kaiser, and I know he isn't going to leave me.

So, what I am trying to say is... I won't judge you if you decide to leave now. If I could, I'd leave myself too. But I can't, you know? But honestly, all I ask of you is to politely tell me if you'll do it, alright? I can take it. I just need to prepare myself a little bit in your particular case, that's it."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Luckily for everyone involved, Eglantine's quick actions brought the brutal battle to a halt. Henry slowly seemed to regain his senses, and Eglantine watched with worry, as though she was observing a werewolf as it turned back to its humanoid form after a gory, full-moon-fueled frenzy. A calmer, more human light flashed in his eyes, as he understood the extent of the damage he had caused. He saw the numerous dead, the unconscious, bodies scorched beyond recognition, and Hans cowering on the ground. His cousin had become certain that he would die, but now for some reason he was being spared, and had no idea how to feel. Eglantine marched over to his side, and stomped on the tail of his coat. "Just in case you think this means you get to run, you're not going anywhere just yet." She then took her foot off his coat and grabbed his arm. "I'm handing you to Lady Sarah, and when we get a chance we're getting you to talk about your little scheme, you little coward."

As she finished threatening Hans, she turned and watched Henry saunter inside his home. She followed, handing Hans to Sarah and giving him a dirty look. "If you try to do anything to him or to Lady Anneliese, or if you try to run home to tell Joachim anything, I'll cook you into a gravy and serve you to Kaiser. And when he barfs you up, I'll make you mulch for the flowers." With a curtsy to the two older women, she then rushed away to find Henry. He was being stitched by a doctor when she found him, as the wound to his left eye had been dangerous and had nearly blinded him. Apparently he had not lost his vision in the eye, but he would be in pain for some time. Yet the doctor did not even need to tell Eglantine to enter the room, as she was already there when Henry was lying in his bed recuperating from surgery.

With the adrenaline of the battle dead and gone, Henry was mortified by his actions and began to apologize to Eglantine as soon as she entered the room. Even worse, he thought that she was now going to leave him. After all, he had a murderous temper when pushed, and he had nearly destroyed his cousin in battle. She had seen glints of this fury before, but never to this degree. Sure, she was unnerved, but Henry was not the kind of person to harm someone who loved him, or so he seemed. "...If I had thought you were someone who would hurt me willfully, or even in a blind rage, I would have walked away when I saw you get into a street brawl outside my apartment. Or when you nearly bashed Hans through a table at that family meeting. Or even now. But I'm not. So don't mope like that." She sat on the bed next to him, and a frightened Chloe crawled out from under the bed as she sensed her owner's voice. The poor pup had been terrified of the noise and had tried to run as far from it as possible, once the fighting had started.

"This was your uncle's home, and now it's your home. You have a right to defend your home, especially since your mom and aunt are living here with you right now. It's not like you just got in an argument and decided to try and kill Hans...Just...well...I didn't want you to kill Hans because I knew...you would probably hate yourself for it, just like this. So listen to me. I'm not leaving you, okay?" She picked-up Chloe and held the anxious puppy in her arms, soothing her. "Let's just make sure Rabbit doesn't get to Hans when he comes back, okay?"
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Eliza Hartford
Villa Dracor
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:Eliza cleared her throat, finally having a brief time to be able to think. She had heard enough to know she would not be covered in some stupid orb of water. Her eyes peered at Rene, having been smiling a little. He turned to her before vanishing in a burst of steam and water. He had begun to use his glamour to hide his presence and reappear at the bed of the mysterious mirror that looked up at them. He could almost immediately feel the darkness wrap around and swirl in mysterious mirror now looking more like a door into a demonic plane. the skies were almost hard to be called anything but beyond human comprehension. He saw the statues of obsidian and shadow that would be known as the "illustrious towers."

Her eyes returned to Michel, partly realizing how his stubbornness would complicate things. She hoped he would be frustrated enough to let her through, though it was unlikely.

"I seek knowledge, not violence. I must see these towers, as you call them," Eliza says, peering at Michel. "As for your request, I have already informed the courts. Now, be warned, that doesn't mean that they will be mobilized into action. It is equally likely they will be willing to further abandon this area. For now..." The girl says, before picking up the Brownie that had seemingly hid in her jacket. She scooted him towards Michel, "now, may I enter, or is there some other figurative olive branch you require of me?"
Seeing Eliza in the wine cellar made Michel bristle. Rabbit had already tried to restrain her, in order to keep her out of trouble, but she had managed to break her magical water prison and had headed into the building without a second thought. Now she confidently approached Michel, thinking he would simply let her pass with maybe a little compromise. She was quite calm about approaching a building full of Dark Magic that apparently not even her Fae Courts could handle.

“So...let me get this straight. You went through all the trouble of telling us how the Fae are worried about Magic, and how they want to protect this city...and now you tell me they’re going to jump ship. I suppose I shouldn’t be too surprised about the Fae being fickle. I suppose I’m more surprised that you thought your little game wouldn’t catch-up with you...” he commented. He leaned on Cauchemar, unbothered by the huge, razor-sharp blade that curved like death’s own beak. After a second of thinking, a sly grin came upon his face.

“But if you want me to offer you an olive branch, I can give you one...You can leave here completely unscathed if I see you turn and walk out the door, no Magic shenanigans, no sneaky tricks, in the next ten seconds. If your Fae Courts can’t do anything, and Rabbit distracted can lock you in a bubble and drag you across Bucharest, then you won’t be able to deal with advanced Dark Magic. And God knows you wouldn’t be able to deal with me. Soooo...I don’t have a watch but I’ll count in my head. And if you’re not out this room, and out this building, by the time I get to zero, I’ll throw you out myself.”
“So...let me get this straight," Michel retorted, his brow furled in frustration, "You went through all the trouble of telling us how the Fae are worried about Magic, and how they want to protect this city...and now you tell me they’re going to jump ship. I suppose I shouldn’t be too surprised about the Fae being fickle. I suppose I’m more surprised that you thought your little game wouldn’t catch-up with you...”

"I would appreciate if you didn't call the Fae... fickle. At this point, you are talking self-preservation. For somebody who claims to know of the Fae, you seem to be as ignorant as every other mage," Eliza says, growling a bit.

The little brownie in her scarf seemed to look on at the two of them as they argued. He looked a little worried.

The fox girl saw her target right there, alone. It was, to a degree, humiliating to listen to him attempt to rebuke her as if she were a child. She had seen enough to consider herself quite capable of almost any task. He had found a way to hit her temper just a little.

Michel continued, “But if you want me to offer you an olive branch, I can give you one...You can leave here completely unscathed if I see you turn and walk out the door, no Magic shenanigans, no sneaky tricks, in the next ten seconds. If your Fae Courts can’t do anything, and Rabbit distracted can lock you in a bubble and drag you across Bucharest, then you won’t be able to deal with advanced Dark Magic. And God knows you wouldn’t be able to deal with me. Soooo...I don’t have a watch but I’ll count in my head. And if you’re not out this room, and out this building, by the time I get to zero, I’ll throw you out myself.”

Eliza audibly groaned. She practically began to spit venom, "I'm not some pathetic kid who needs your shitty help. You plop me in that stupid bubble for who knows how long and take me near this stupid mirror. What makes you think I would just run with my tail between my legs? Hmm?

"Come on. Fight me. Show to me how 'powerful' you are, gramps. I'll bet I've got a few more tricks than you think. Bet without your fancy toys, you'd lose in heartbeat," Eliza teases, running out as ice covers the building, including outside of the building a good bit.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:02 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine looked around the great hall for a moment, really taking in what she saw around her. It seemed she had the luxury now that confrontation with Rabbit wasn't likely. The scale of it started to take her for the first time. It certainly had a grandness that her apartment in Chicago, or especially her dorm at mana lacked. She couldn't help but think how she would decorate it to suit her own tastes. Plus, from what she could tell from their talking, this place had great acoustics could probably have a killer concert. But no, she didn't plan to live here.

Catherine's voice was notably relieved and lacked the stress of earlier. "I don't plan to stay here. Well, at least not like this. I guess you can't feel it, but we're moving. Quite quickly in fact. Why don't you stay here with me on the trip home? This place still has a lot for me to explore, and in case there's anything absolutely bat shit insane about I'd rather have you with me. I don't know exactly how long it will take, but two days sounds about in the ball park. Going to burn a hell of a lot of energy, but this place has been storing it up over the two centuries."

Interrupted in her question and line of thought, Catherine looked past rabbit back to the exit portal.

"Those two by the... uh... front door. You know them? I can hear them. Seems like they're getting a bit testy."

There was another presence that she felt, inside the towers the presence was faint, hard to pin point, even with the connection to the towers senses. It felt to be somewhere in the main structure, but she couldn't even be sure of that.

"And It looks like there's an uninvited guest some where about."
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads