NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:Ambrosia

Allistor dropped his ice-chains, and the vampire-girl could feel his approval as he pat her on the head with his Mana. She also saw his smile, which somehow calmed her further. She had not hurt Oliver. Instead, she had done exactly what she was supposed to do, and even kept from committing a rookie error, according to the Ice Mage. She sighed. She was glad that even with her voracious appetite, she had managed to not almost kill Oliver. “I...I would appreciate...all that help...Thank you...” she muttered, nodding to him. She was grateful for her friends, for how forgiving and patient they were.

Now she had to close Oliver’s wound. She looked at the puncture-wounds in his wrist, which were still bleeding. Allistor was right, they had not clotted as they normal should clot. She almost panicked, but upon hearing his instructions, she took a deep breath and stepped toward him. She held out her tongue, almost as though she was unsure about what she was about to do, and she slowly licked his wrist with the gingerness of a person sipping a hot bowl of soup. As soon as she licked his wound, however, she was surprised to see that Allistor’s explanation rang true. The wounds healed, and she sighed. “...That...That was a little awkward. But as long as he’s okay I guess!” she muttered. She smiled to Allistor and nodded. “Thank you so much. I...I’ll make sure to bring you something for lunch, to help you feel better!” she added with haste. She then took Oliver’s arm, and hurried out of the room with him.

As she left the room, she noticed the guard staring down at her and Oliver. “...Hi?” she greeted, confused.

“Hey. Mr. Randgrizz wants you at the dock,” he ordered, “come on, this’ll be quick.”

She had no idea why he wanted her now, after she had just run from the docks, but Ambrosia sighed and clutched Oliver’s hand. The possibility remained that the cruel lich was still on the dock, and if he teased her again, she would need help. Her stomach had tied so much in knots before him. Terror struck her, and yet she desired to be brave. Thus she took her friend and hurried down to the docks with him. Sure enough, Krol was with John. She gulped, and turned to look at her teacher. “...What...is going on?...”

“...Mr. Dariusz said he has advice for you. About your condition,” John suggested. He could see her nerves, and he could only imagine what Oliver would feel seeing Krol. He angled himself so that he stood close enough between the students and the lich, so that he could be a shield if he attacked.

Ambrosia looked at Krol, and with her stomach full and her heart beating fast, she glared at him. “I got advice already from a friend! He knows about Dark Magic too, and he helped me instead of making fun of me. What do you want to tell me?” she questioned.

The feeding was done, and yet his blood continued to flow, just as Allistor had said, only a few seconds later, Ambrosia licked away his wound.
Raising an eyebrow with a light smile coming at the corner of his lips, he rubbed where the puncturing wound was, realized that it indeed wasn't there anymore.

"You don't have to worry about this." He looked at his stone arm for a moment. "It's a relic that was unfortunately grafted to me by force recently. That said I would've lost my arm anyway if I didn't get it. So it's not all bad." Laughing a bit, he shrugged. "If I don't get into anything too dangerous I should be mostly fine. And even then. This should protect me rather well."
Now feeling somewhat hungry and lightheaded, Oliver wanted to take a reflexive swig of his flask, but ended up not doing so as Ambrosia ran out with him in tow. Mildly surprised, he closed the flask and shrugged.
"Well, it's always better than what I had planned."

Soon enough however, they were intercepted by a guard telling them to hurry to the docks.
For a moment, he felt like arguing, but given Ambrosia's presence, he figured he'd just follow along. Chances were that this was important.

Some minutes before arriving in front of the docks, Oliver had to hold his stomach from rising instinctively as he felt the brunt of the existence in front of him. Choosing to grit his teeth in anticipation, he could only mutter something in french as he came upon the lich.
"... Pas une bonne journée. Pas une bonne journée du tout."
However, the entity he could not quite grasp the nature of decided to give actual advice towards her situation. Much more advice than he could've given even if he studied all the books in the archives back in Europe.
That said, he did not lower his guard. Although he knew that whether his guard was up or not, should this entity decide to attack, he would hardly stand a chance. Gritting his teeth in self consciousness, he didn't even feel his wrist being squeezed almost to the point of shattering.

He loathed this feeling. It wasn't like last time against the demon that invaded, where he was near death anyway from lack of mana and he simply had to accept that he was going to die anyway before being saved unwittingly. No, this time he faced a being that was exponentially stronger, one that he would, in theory, be hunting. And yet no matter how he saw it, there was no way he could win. Or even simply hold against that entity.
If he gritted any more than he did, he'd probably break some of his teeth.

Hearing a question ring out from his side, he answered, not even turning his head from the entity. He stared at it with the full intention of burning it into his mind. Whether it was to remember his own inadequacy or because he wanted to give himself a goal to reach, he didn't know yet. He'd decide once this potential threat would be off the island.
"I figure there should be one. But we should probably find a way to get a reasonable supply of blood bags to here, otherwise I'm eventually not going to be enough."

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Król Dariusz

"No, you're not listening." He spoke with out annoyance, but with the firmness of a teacher admonishing young children. "Blood in and of itself is useless, it is not what you feed on. You must feed on someone, you need their life. Blood is only the carrier. You don't eat blood, you eat life. Are there any other ways I can phrase that so that you will understand?"

Another student hand joined them, one that Król admittedly new little of. Only what whispers had made to his ears, as neither Catherine nor Hailey had really known the boy. Though, one thing was obvious, his presence left the boy shaken. Król replied the the boy's demeanor in his own some what stilted French.

"Vous n'avez pas l'air bien, jeune homme, ne devriez vous pas être mieux préparé? Pouvez vous bouger? Pouvez vous parler? Non? Bien. Vous devriez avoir peur, vous faites bien d'être terrifié. Cette chose sur votre bras ne vous protègera de rien. Regardez moi et rappelez vous en."
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:29 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Król Dariusz

"No, you're not listening." He spoke with out annoyance, but with the firmness of a teacher admonishing young children. "Blood in and of itself is useless, it is not what you feed on. You must feed on someone, you need their life. Blood is only the carrier. You don't eat blood, you eat life. Are there any other ways I can phrase that so that you will understand?"

Another student hand joined them, one that Król admittedly new little of. Only what whispers had made to his ears, as neither Catherine nor Hailey had really known the boy. Though, one thing was obvious, his presence left the boy shaken. Król replied the the boy's demeanor in his own some what stilted French.

"Vous n'avez pas l'air bien, jeune homme, ne devriez vous pas être mieux préparé? Pouvez vous bouger? Pouvez vous parler? Non? Bien. Vous devriez avoir peur, vous faites bien d'être terrifié. Cette chose sur votre bras ne vous protègera de rien. Regardez moi et rappelez vous en."

Soon enough, the lich took notice of him, as he felt his eyes land on him, he felt a tremor course through his body. As if every cell in his being was screaming at him to get out of here and die in a hole.
If he felt inadequate before, he now felt entirely powerless. There was no way he could beat him, or even slow him down in a worst case scenario. He would simply swat him away.
He was addressed as many conflicting thoughts ran through his head. For a moment, he envied the teacher for being unable to feel the crushing pressure he felt by just having a mild idea of what he was facing.

"...Je peux parler, et je peux bouger, je crois." He uttered, sounding barely confident, an attitude that several clashed with his usual nonchalant and flat attitude. He couldn't even put on a social mask as he did usually. All he felt right now was primal terror, yet he still managed to hold himself well enough that he could answer the entity. One one hand, he could feel a sort of rebellious nature swelling from inside him, but on the other he knew that if he tried to show he was less outmatched than he was, he would simply shatter what remained of his already fragile hope to get stronger.
That said, he could hear a voice telling him to get to it immediately. If he didn't, there would be no way for him to go back to Europe. So much so that if he didn't act now, he might as well give up being a mage. Trying to strike a balance between rebelliousness and inner strength, he tried speaking again.

"... Votre accent... Polonais, je me trompe? Pourriez... Pourriez vous aider Shino? ... Si vous pourriez, je vous en serais reconnaissant... En tant qu'héritier du trône Hofmann, j'aurais une dette envers vous."

He figured that if he could at least secure Shino's success or survival with her plan, any debt was worth it. He knew he wouldn't see her again either way, but he could at least extend a helping hand even if he couldn't make a step in Europe.
If there was any way to help her while he was securing his strength, then he'd take it. No matter the cost. Straightening himself he looked straight at then entity, being terrified out of his mind, yet still trying to make a case for his request.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 am

“If blood does not matter and is useless, except to get the life-force out of it, why does it matter who I bite? What if I don’t want to hurt innocent people anymore?” Ambrosia’s response came in one long burst, and she hardly realized she had spoken until the words had left her mouth. She blushed and her body began to shiver in fear. I yelled at a lich...oh no...I’m going to die...I yelled...at a lich... she thought.

Yet she felt what she had said was right. Krol had told her to just go down to Chicago and to start hurting innocent people. Ambrosia could tell anyway that he did not care for human life at all, and then he was trying to tell her that suddenly they mattered. “I’m not going to kill people to feel full! I’m going to find just what I need among my friends. They’re willing to help me, and to keep me from hurting myself and other people. That’s enough for me,” she declared. She hoped she was right. Krol’s eye-sockets were gaping holes which looked through her soul. She knew that he saw her fear, but she also knew that she did not have to be afraid.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Król Dariusz

Król looked at the new comer, silent for a moment as he mulled over his words. Hofmann was mostly a useless house, but there was little reason the spurn anyone. But Dariusz didn't do anything for free, with out direct gain, with out a fair transaction they would not act. Sure, they would bend what transactions they accepted to seek a larger goal, but still those transactions where important. Even if their long term plans fell through, they would still benefit from what ever immediate payment they had extracted.

"Shino... She had come to my city, correct? She would have heard my proclamation there. Krakow is neutral, safe ground. She, as any mage, can come and seek refuge. How ever, we have lived as a mercenary house for many years. If you, or she, need any particular services performed, for fair payment, then my house should be contacted directly." Król reached into his robe, retrieving two business cards. On the front, white text on blue showing the name of the Krakow Pinball Museum, with an address and phone number, on the back, as Król handed them over, a symbol burned itself into the cards. "That will allow you to contact us. One for each of you." As they slipped from Król's hand the etching of the sigil completed, with just a hint of extra magic.

Ambrosia then piped up, loudly declaring that she wouldn't prey on the innocent. The odd hints of a smile became evident on Król's face. "So you reject your nature? That is not a bad thing. That is, at the heart of it, the goal of all of us as mages. We reject our nature, but we must all pay the price for that. For you it is just more obvious than the rest of us. Make sure you don't put yourself in debt to what you are."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Eliza Hartford
The Alleys of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit and Michel

“So now we have to find a way to end our detour of Bucharest...” Michel suggested, with a half-smirk, as he and Rabbit got seated at a table in the restaurant in which they were hiding. They had to think. This kid could possibly still be trying to find them, and they had possibly drawn attention with Rabbit’s mist-bomb.

“...Well we have not yet been served any food or drinks...this place is quite busy...” Rabbit suggested, as he eyed their surroundings. A few other people were still waiting to be seated, and the servers were hurrying around trying to reach other customers. “...Getting up and leaving is an option. Nobody will ask us where we are going...” he murmured.

Agreeing that this was a good plan of action, Michel and Rabbit rose from their tables and looked for the back door. Moving past the servers, the platters of food, and the crowds, they found the back door. While they were moving, Rabbit felt a magical presence of...some kind...still watching them. His eyes turned toward the air just as he opened the door.

“Stop getting distracted! People are going to think you’re paranoid,” Michel hissed, before tugging Rabbit’s arm and pulling him out the door with him. Standing in the dank, dark alley behind the restaurant, they recalled their location and began to try and circle around the path they had been previously taking. Trekking through the city’s alleys cause for both men to alert themselves, and Rabbit was even more tense with every quiet moment that passed.
The scenery around Rabbit and Michael was a bit different than would be expected. The dark and often solitary alleyways seemed to share more than a few animals that would run around the city. The alleyways almost had a pretty light to them. Bunnies and rabbits could be seen around a few garbage bins. Squirrels were darting across a few telephone wires. A few birds seemed to be chirping from a distance.

It was… strangely lively. The animals seemed to notice the two’s presence, but never to the point of staring or watching them. A few whispers might be heard to the keener eared of them. It sounded more like squeaks.

Above one of the alleys would be why there was such a strange procession. Sitting atop the edge of one of the buildings was a fox-haired girl in a winter coat and a casual dress, along with what looked like white clawed feet.

“You guys were terribly difficult to find, I must tell you,” Eliza said, looking towards you. A few of the animals paused, as she spoke. There was also a crow right beside the fox girl. It expanded its wings, commanding the other creatures to run off back into hiding. She whispers quietly, bowing slightly, “you are most kind.”

“A fairy's promise has been made. We will call for you again.”

“A fairy's promise is something I would never squander,” the girl says, before returning her full attention back to Michael and Rabbit.

Rene pops up within the archival rooms of the city hall. At this point, little to no mortals even recognize his presence.

Lucia Dracor
The Lucia Family Winery
Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine's own defensive wards reacted, a burning feeling in her left shoulder as the mana jumped to action. A shield of blood jumped in front of the fire blast. Catherine had been clever, placing most of her warding blood tattoo on her left should, where her own flesh met the arm granted by Erebus. She could use the heat of the ward activating to counter the cold of Erebus stealing the energy from her body. Her blood shield failed, and a wave of heat rushed towards her. But Catherine met it with her own blast of black Fire. This was old, unknown magic, Catherine hoped it would confound what ever defenses her foe had produced.

Taking a quick moment as her attack consumed Lucia's attention, Catherine surveyed the battlefield. Fier had taken a decisive advantage over the skeletal dragon, more and more of it being eaten away as she repeatedly forced it into the shrinking ball of nothing. Catherine smiled as she noticed the other change. A barrier was being reinforced around the villa, and she could see some of the figures powering it. If they weren't with Lucia fighting her, then they likely couldn't stand up to the fight. Now they would become worse than useless. They would be resources for Catherine to use. Catherine gave Lucia a slight bow with her smile as she fell backwards into the shadows.

In a blink she arrived at the first of the weaker mages powering the barrier, and breath late opened his throat with a slicing whip of her blood. His own blood was ripped from his body, floating into a sphere that Catherine 'carried' in her right hand. The same sequence of events repeated four times over. Catherine now had the materials and power she needed to take the fight to Lucia. The blood she had stolen formed into wings at her back, and a set of spider-like limbs ending in cruel serrated spikes. Newly armed, Catherine tore back across the fields. In a blaze of supernaturally fast movement, she struck at Lucia from all sides. Slashes from the spider legs and razor whips, followed by stabs and small bursts of Black Fire to capitalize on any openings the other attacks left. At the same time, Fier had finished off her match, and prowled around the duel looking for her own opening.
Lucia watched as her dragon was erased from the plane. Whatever cruel fucks she had angered were serious business. Before she could throw more balls of fire onto Catherine, the cruel mistress vanished in front of his eyes. This was just as the barrier would be completed. She could see as the barrier would fizzle and crack.

Catherine returned, now coated in vicious armor. It was easy to see as blood and dark energy surrounded the villain in sadistic pleasure.

The monster then flew towards Lucia, erupting into an array of blades and fire. Lucia’s armor was strong enough to take most blows at once or in a nice and easy sequence, but the barrage black fire ravaged the armor’s barriers. In a few seconds, the barrier shattered, leaving Lucia the victim of savage burns and cuts.

The girl screamed in pain, before breathing heavily.

The armor’s circuitry glowed bright blue. In a few seconds, the armor would send out a pulse of energy to push Catherine back. The armor summoned a large, glowing shield around Lucia Dracor. She was still panting heavily, looking at Catherine and Fier.

She then shouted in anger, “WHAT, UGLY, FUCKS ARE YOU!?! Why must you destroy all that I own?” She then pounded her fists into the ground. Flames began to erupt from the ground out of the barrier, trying to push Catherine farther away from her.

As soon as the dust from the tremors and explosions dissipate it seems as if Lucia has vanished in a cloud of smoke.

The mob lord teleported to the basement, activating the armor's healing properties.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:34 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine took a moment to calm herself down. She didn't want to run into any traps left around the place now that she had won. Even just the superficial wounds Catherine had inflicted should have insured that. But now wasn't the time to get over confident. Her foe would surely be trying to regain her strength, if she succeeded Catherine couldn't afford to rush in. If everything went to plan, Lucia should be starting to experience a number off effects, her blood would be failing to clot, her chest tightening as her lungs refused the order to breath, muscle weakness and spasms, headaches. Those would be the first order effects, if she was lucky. If Lucia was unlucky, she would face strokes or seizures, internal bleeding as her blood vessels failed, and complete respiratory failure. If she made though all of that, the hepatic and renal failure from the Amatoxin would kill her before the third day. Catherine didn't intend for her to make it to that rather grizzly death.

"Fier, do you smell her?" The dragon looked around tongue flicking through the air. Her voice a deep serpentine growl. "The poisons... I smell them coming up. She hides in the cellar." After a strained moment, Fier gave an expression that Catherine was starting to think was a smile. "Don't have to much fun with out me..."

Catherine replied with a long sigh, wonder now if she should just sit and wait the woman in the cellar out. But no, time was unpredictable, and while Catherine had a good idea what would happen in the next few minutes, who knew what would happen in the next few hours. So, it seemed she would have to decent in hunt of her prey.

In a better mood, Catherine hummed a quite tune to herself as she made her way through the ruined main hall of the estate, easily transitioning into the darkness of the cellar as she descended the stairs. Tendrals of blood probed out in front of her, the rest being kept in a neat sphere floating above her right hand.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:24 pm

Król looked at the new comer, silent for a moment as he mulled over his words. Hofmann was mostly a useless house, but there was little reason the spurn anyone. But Dariusz didn't do anything for free, with out direct gain, with out a fair transaction they would not act. Sure, they would bend what transactions they accepted to seek a larger goal, but still those transactions where important. Even if their long term plans fell through, they would still benefit from what ever immediate payment they had extracted.

"Shino... She had come to my city, correct? She would have heard my proclamation there. Krakow is neutral, safe ground. She, as any mage, can come and seek refuge. How ever, we have lived as a mercenary house for many years. If you, or she, need any particular services performed, for fair payment, then my house should be contacted directly." Król reached into his robe, retrieving two business cards. On the front, white text on blue showing the name of the Krakow Pinball Museum, with an address and phone number, on the back, as Król handed them over, a symbol burned itself into the cards. "That will allow you to contact us. One for each of you." As they slipped from Król's hand the etching of the sigil completed, with just a hint of extra magic.

Ambrosia then piped up, loudly declaring that she wouldn't prey on the innocent. The odd hints of a smile became evident on Król's face. "So you reject your nature? That is not a bad thing. That is, at the heart of it, the goal of all of us as mages. We reject our nature, but we must all pay the price for that. For you it is just more obvious than the rest of us. Make sure you don't put yourself in debt to what you are."

Krol was being very patient, far more so than one would expect from a lich who did not have to be so patient with children. John remained guarded and did not move from the side of his students. He listened to the conversation, in which he casually suggested that Ambrosia needed to go kill a few innocent people in a city like Chicago. He knew such an action would land her in prison, if not at death’s own doorstep. He seethed, but said nothing.

Then Ambrosia piped-up and declared she would not harm innocent civilians, and that she would only feed when she was with people who trusted her and whom she could trust. He sighed, but not from relief. With her awakened bloodlust, keeping her calm and stable would be a chore. Nobody ever said heroism came without a price.

Ambrosia knew this fact herself. Everything had a price. Every choice, even good ones. She saw the smirk on the lich’s face, the dismissive way he looked toward Oliver and herself. She wished she knew how to fight such a creature, to make him leave her alone. As she stared at the business card he handed Oliver, she felt a chill. If he wanted such business with them, he was expecting her to come running to him for help. “...I’ll be fine, I told you. I’m...not the first person to be turned into a vampire against her will,” she commented.

With that, she began to head back to the courtyard. She needed to get away. Her peaceful morning had been rudely interrupted and then almost shattered, but now she had a chance to go and have a peaceful day. She would go play video games with Oliver and forget about Krol. Maybe she would go check on Soleil and talk to Allistor about her issues. “Let’s go, Oliver! We don’t have any reason to stay here!” she called to him. She spoke with a little force, as though she wanted to project the strength she did not actually have. Anything to make Krol go away.
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:38 pm

The Fae were bizarre, often taking the shape of comprehensible beings to hide forms which humans could not understand. They were not always the sparkly, adorable little pixies or the cute, cookie-making elves on the covers of Keebler Elf boxes. As Rabbit and Michel passed through the alleys, they saw animals that did not usually appear in alleys. Rabbits and squirrels, which seemed to mind their business for some time before they began to squeak to each other. The squeaks and whispers were coordinated. Too coordinated.

“...The Fae...” Michel muttered, with a sigh.

Rabbit nodded. “It appears even leaving through the back door alerted them to our presence. Perhaps she was right about the Fae being on high-alert, but...”

“...Both the Seelie and Unseelie Courts could be floating around. So it’s best to ignore them and keep walking...” Michel finished, with Rabbit giving a nod of agreement.

Unfortunately what they could not ignore was the fox-eared girl sitting up above one of the alleys. Rabbit felt her presence as they moved past the Fae creatures, and his head bolted up to look at her. Michel’s gaze followed his, and he sighed heavily. She spoke to one of the crows sitting next to her, affirming that she was allied with the Fae, whether they be Seelie or Unseelie.

“Listen...kid...” Michel called to her, “we are in a hurry and have no time for this game of tag. The Fae have seen us now. We would like to tell them that we are not a threat to them. And because we would like to not cause them any trouble, we are not going to fight you either. We are going to go along our way, and you’re going to go home. If you come down here, we will not fight, but we will restrain you. For your own good. Do I make myself clear? Good!” He then proceeded to drag Rabbit along, as he could see that the Dark Mana Being was ready to draw his claws and fight. “Come on, save it for the main event,” he murmured to Rabbit as they hurried away from her.
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:10 am

Eliza Hartford
The Alleys of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:The Fae were bizarre, often taking the shape of comprehensible beings to hide forms which humans could not understand. They were not always the sparkly, adorable little pixies or the cute, cookie-making elves on the covers of Keebler Elf boxes. As Rabbit and Michel passed through the alleys, they saw animals that did not usually appear in alleys. Rabbits and squirrels, which seemed to mind their business for some time before they began to squeak to each other. The squeaks and whispers were coordinated. Too coordinated.

Rabbit nodded. “It appears even leaving through the back door alerted them to our presence. Perhaps she was right about the Fae being on high-alert, but...”

“...Both the Seelie and Unseelie Courts could be floating around. So it’s best to ignore them and keep walking...” Michel finished, with Rabbit giving a nod of agreement.

Unfortunately what they could not ignore was the fox-eared girl sitting up above one of the alleys. Rabbit felt her presence as they moved past the Fae creatures, and his head bolted up to look at her. Michel’s gaze followed his, and he sighed heavily. She spoke to one of the crows sitting next to her, affirming that she was allied with the Fae, whether they be Seelie or Unseelie.

“Listen...kid...” Michel called to her, “we are in a hurry and have no time for this game of tag. The Fae have seen us now. We would like to tell them that we are not a threat to them. And because we would like to not cause them any trouble, we are not going to fight you either. We are going to go along our way, and you’re going to go home. If you come down here, we will not fight, but we will restrain you. For your own good. Do I make myself clear? Good!” He then proceeded to drag Rabbit along, as he could see that the Dark Mana Being was ready to draw his claws and fight. “Come on, save it for the main event,” he murmured to Rabbit as they hurried away from her.
A tiny fey creature had been running through the snow outside the city of Belarus. He had a frantic look on his face, panting every few feet to catch his breath. He looked around, calling out to some of the fae-land creatures in his path. Some of them ignored him or rather had been busy themselves, but soon enough he had met somebody tied to the fae courts. He collected his breath, “th-there was a fight! And dragons! A-a-and it was at that one mobster girl… the winery!”

The city council figure had been a little confused about what the fey creature was talking about, but after looking the childlike brownie with strange features, it became somewhat apparent, “Hmm….. come.”

Rene sat down looking through the city council records. The archival building was mostly empty and devoid of life. Had anyone even been in the building, they would not be able to see Rene. He was looking to see if he could identify a number of the buildings under control by the Triad. Some were more blatant, others were clear shell corporations. Either way, whatever was and wasn’t a part of the Triad was pure conjecture.

Then, a heavy wind smashed open one of the windows in the archive. A large and imposing crow flew in a delivered the childlike brownie with big hair and starry eyes at the footstep of Rene. The brownie was only a little delirious, looking around. The brownie then circled his eyes to Rene.

He jumped, before crawling backwards and to a wall. He was physically shaking, “Please don’t eat me, Selkie!”

Rene grumbled a bit before picking up the Brownie and moved it closer to eye level. To the Brownie, it was like coming closer to the face of a monstrous fiend. Rene then spoke in a somewhat discourteous tone, “I am not a Selkie. I am a water horse. And like Selkies, Water horses don’t eat Brownies.”

“B-B-But… wh-why did they send me here!?! It must be to end me for the time I tripped and spilled wine over the Mari Lwyd as it was blessing the farms! I’m sorry for nearly ruining Samhain!”

“No, you dimwit. I’m not here to punish you. I can only assume they brought you here because you have information. So start talking or I might really eat you.”

The brownie shivered in fear a bit, before clearing its throat. It described how it often stayed near the wine fields at the Dracor house, hoping to taste some of the fruit. It was observing the somewhat busy humans as they moved and bustled. It had seemingly snuck in food from the kitchen and eaten its fill. The Brownie rumbled through the house with a full belly and plopped itself on the roofing near the side.

Next thing it knew a demon with blood challenged Lucia Dracor, the head of the Romanian Triad. The next thing he knew, the whole roof and building exploded as Lucia summoned a large bone dragon. And thus, the Brownie had been yeeted into space and landed a while outside of Belarus. He then panicked and ran to alert someone. Fortunately, the Brownie did at least mention where the winery was.

Rene looked at the Brownie, before placing it on a table. It pulled out a little grape. “Well, thank you,” handing the grape which seemed to be about the size of the Brownie, “now get out here, runt, before I punt you back to the winery.” He checked the records just to make sure he had the location correct, which it was, and then vanished.

A little bit in front of Michel and Rabbit, they would hear the sound of a horse neigh reverberate and echo in the walls. A patch of snow seemingly melted and gave way to Rene as he jumped out and landing, “actually, you might want to follow us.”

Eliza grinned as she jumped down from the roof onto the floor. She had a spring in her step.

“So they were able to help us?” Eliza asked, looking at Rene.

Rene nodded, “you knitwits won’t find your… what was it… student(?) Yes, you won’t find your student easily within Bucharest. Eliza’s goal is the protection of the fae. Your goals align.”

The seeming human creature than jumped over the two, stamping on the ground with some level of force as if it had the legs of a large stallion. It whispered to Eliza. Her face lit up a little more. Rene then shouted to them, “you can either spend your time looking in this city or you could follow us. Because we are heading to where your student is located.

“If you are really doing this to… protect… Eliza, though she doesn’t need your protections, than it is best you come with us.”

Lucia Dracor
The Lucia Family Winery

Catherine took a moment to calm herself down. She didn't want to run into any traps left around the place now that she had won. Even just the superficial wounds Catherine had inflicted should have insured that. But now wasn't the time to get over confident. Her foe would surely be trying to regain her strength, if she succeeded Catherine couldn't afford to rush in. If everything went to plan, Lucia should be starting to experience a number off effects, her blood would be failing to clot, her chest tightening as her lungs refused the order to breath, muscle weakness and spasms, headaches. Those would be the first order effects, if she was lucky. If Lucia was unlucky, she would face strokes or seizures, internal bleeding as her blood vessels failed, and complete respiratory failure. If she made though all of that, the hepatic and renal failure from the Amatoxin would kill her before the third day. Catherine didn't intend for her to make it to that rather grizzly death.

"Fier, do you smell her?" The dragon looked around tongue flicking through the air. Her voice a deep serpentine growl. "The poisons... I smell them coming up. She hides in the cellar." After a strained moment, Fier gave an expression that Catherine was starting to think was a smile. "Don't have to much fun with out me..."

Catherine replied with a long sigh, wonder now if she should just sit and wait the woman in the cellar out. But no, time was unpredictable, and while Catherine had a good idea what would happen in the next few minutes, who knew what would happen in the next few hours. So, it seemed she would have to decent in hunt of her prey.

In a better mood, Catherine hummed a quite tune to herself as she made her way through the ruined main hall of the estate, easily transitioning into the darkness of the cellar as she descended the stairs. Tendrals of blood probed out in front of her, the rest being kept in a neat sphere floating above her right hand.
Lucia felt her muscles and body tense up. She coughed out blood while trying to rest on the wall. She pulled out a small pocket watch and checked the time. She estimated it wouldn’t take them too long to find her, but that was the least of her problems. Her breathing was stressed. Her muscles were spasming and her vision grew weak. She mumbled and rasped, “shit. Should’ve expected that witch would play dirty.”

She clasped her hands together, tightening them into fists as she smacked the wall. It dented a little bit. This was the closest to death she had ever come.

“Ugh…. I won’t let her kill me,” She said, growling.

The suit began to enter a reparative function. The metals that made up the suit began to heal where they had been broken. At the same time, it also instigated a healing function. The ancient magical armor had been carefully designed to allow for a warrior to fight for days even nearing death. The mages that crafted this suit were not, to say, the most advanced in medicine, but they were to some level skilled. They would purify the blood and the skin, hoping to expunge any deathly sins or illness.

Lucia kept looking at her pocketwatch, “fuck… well, if I can get rid of her… I should be able to go to doc Maria in the church… she should know how to handle poisons. Not the first time some stupid gang assassin tried to poison me slowly…”

She rolled her shoulders a bit as the armor had almost completed the healing process. It was… incomplete. Her headache was still present, but more of a feint murmur. She also had much better control of her muscles and lungs.

At this point, it also became clear who she was dealing with: A complete and utter monster. One without fear or remorse. At some level, she wondered if it was an actual demon in the flesh. Whatever it was, the bloodfiend was impossibly cruel. Any strike that pierced flesh would only be spreading an increasingly toxic and precise poison yet completely clear to her. It was clear there was a poison, but unclear what an ever-increasing dosage would do.

“As long as I maintain my shielding… keep my defenses up… stay agile… and rely on my fire magic… I should have a chance to turn that fucker into dust,” Lucia says, stretching her limbs a bit. She gave a slight prayer to the sword in front of her, “my ancestors… I will not let them die… with me.”

She then enchanted her sword with a blue flame.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:

Krol was being very patient, far more so than one would expect from a lich who did not have to be so patient with children. John remained guarded and did not move from the side of his students. He listened to the conversation, in which he casually suggested that Ambrosia needed to go kill a few innocent people in a city like Chicago. He knew such an action would land her in prison, if not at death’s own doorstep. He seethed, but said nothing.

Then Ambrosia piped-up and declared she would not harm innocent civilians, and that she would only feed when she was with people who trusted her and whom she could trust. He sighed, but not from relief. With her awakened bloodlust, keeping her calm and stable would be a chore. Nobody ever said heroism came without a price.

Ambrosia knew this fact herself. Everything had a price. Every choice, even good ones. She saw the smirk on the lich’s face, the dismissive way he looked toward Oliver and herself. She wished she knew how to fight such a creature, to make him leave her alone. As she stared at the business card he handed Oliver, she felt a chill. If he wanted such business with them, he was expecting her to come running to him for help. “...I’ll be fine, I told you. I’m...not the first person to be turned into a vampire against her will,” she commented.

With that, she began to head back to the courtyard. She needed to get away. Her peaceful morning had been rudely interrupted and then almost shattered, but now she had a chance to go and have a peaceful day. She would go play video games with Oliver and forget about Krol. Maybe she would go check on Soleil and talk to Allistor about her issues. “Let’s go, Oliver! We don’t have any reason to stay here!” she called to him. She spoke with a little force, as though she wanted to project the strength she did not actually have. Anything to make Krol go away.

The end of the discussion came soon enough.
Krol gave him his card, gave one last piece of wisdom and Ambrosia decided to leave on her own accord.
As Oliver was being dragged away, he managed to give a light bow to the lich in preemptive thanks and let himself be dragged.

He physically heard Ambrosia, but with the swirling of doubts and thought inside his mind, he could only make educated guesses as to what she was actually saying.
Looking absolutely haggard, he looked like he had stared into the abyss just a little bit too long. Though, where something broke inside of him, something else bubbled up. He knew he wasn't strong enough, he knew he had grown complacent. He had done nothing for the past year but drink and play games while maintaining a status quo with his situation back in Europe. He knew he had ways to influence the conflict to play into his hands somewhat, after all, most of the larger allies he had held some significant power in his house and as mages.

The fact of the matter remained however, that he was simply weak in regards to what his house needed him to be. He needed to be a strong figure and potentially the strongest hunter in the jagtkreuz. At this time, if Shino were to still be under orders, she'd be able to end him without breaking a sweat.
No. He couldn't just leave it be like that. He needed to be stronger. If not for his house, then at least for himself when threats inevitably threatened what he held dear.
He'd allow himself this day to still indulge in what made him complacent. However, he'd need to secure himself some strong sparring opponents.
Allistor was out of the question, being that he was still recovering, Shaun was a possibility, but he didn't know anything about him. Then there was Dominique, he knew he fought in a very modern fashion, with bullets and CQC, which was quite reminiscent of Theodore's fighting style. Recently, he had also learned Henry would be coming back as well, with enough luck, he'd probably be able to sway him into a spar or two.

As those thoughts flew through his mind, he managed to steady himself and put a hand on Ambrosia's head.
"No matter what, I'll protect you. I'll make sure to either find a way to break this curse, or find a way to have you feed reliably." Despite his clearly distraught tone, he managed to sound determined enough to be credible. However, he was very serious, not only was this a promise to Ambrosia, it was a promise to himself. Giving himself not only a reason to be better, but also a reason to keep on living. Soon enough though, his usual, deadpan yet smug attitude came back, of course with some clear traces of fear that was slowly shifting entirely into determination. He wanted to be better. He had to be.
"And despite this interruption, I think I'll still try to make this morning at least somewhat okay. I did promise some games, right?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:22 pm

Saleon wrote:Eliza Hartford
The Alleys of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:The Fae were bizarre, often taking the shape of comprehensible beings to hide forms which humans could not understand. They were not always the sparkly, adorable little pixies or the cute, cookie-making elves on the covers of Keebler Elf boxes. As Rabbit and Michel passed through the alleys, they saw animals that did not usually appear in alleys. Rabbits and squirrels, which seemed to mind their business for some time before they began to squeak to each other. The squeaks and whispers were coordinated. Too coordinated.

A tiny fey creature had been running through the snow outside the city of Belarus. He had a frantic look on his face, panting every few feet to catch his breath. He looked around, calling out to some of the fae-land creatures in his path. Some of them ignored him or rather had been busy themselves, but soon enough he had met somebody tied to the fae courts. He collected his breath, “th-there was a fight! And dragons! A-a-and it was at that one mobster girl… the winery!”

The city council figure had been a little confused about what the fey creature was talking about, but after looking the childlike brownie with strange features, it became somewhat apparent, “Hmm….. come.”

Rene sat down looking through the city council records. The archival building was mostly empty and devoid of life. Had anyone even been in the building, they would not be able to see Rene. He was looking to see if he could identify a number of the buildings under control by the Triad. Some were more blatant, others were clear shell corporations. Either way, whatever was and wasn’t a part of the Triad was pure conjecture.

Then, a heavy wind smashed open one of the windows in the archive. A large and imposing crow flew in a delivered the childlike brownie with big hair and starry eyes at the footstep of Rene. The brownie was only a little delirious, looking around. The brownie then circled his eyes to Rene.

He jumped, before crawling backwards and to a wall. He was physically shaking, “Please don’t eat me, Selkie!”

Rene grumbled a bit before picking up the Brownie and moved it closer to eye level. To the Brownie, it was like coming closer to the face of a monstrous fiend. Rene then spoke in a somewhat discourteous tone, “I am not a Selkie. I am a water horse. And like Selkies, Water horses don’t eat Brownies.”

“B-B-But… wh-why did they send me here!?! It must be to end me for the time I tripped and spilled wine over the Mari Lwyd as it was blessing the farms! I’m sorry for nearly ruining Samhain!”

“No, you dimwit. I’m not here to punish you. I can only assume they brought you here because you have information. So start talking or I might really eat you.”

The brownie shivered in fear a bit, before clearing its throat. It described how it often stayed near the wine fields at the Dracor house, hoping to taste some of the fruit. It was observing the somewhat busy humans as they moved and bustled. It had seemingly snuck in food from the kitchen and eaten its fill. The Brownie rumbled through the house with a full belly and plopped itself on the roofing near the side.

Next thing it knew a demon with blood challenged Lucia Dracor, the head of the Romanian Triad. The next thing he knew, the whole roof and building exploded as Lucia summoned a large bone dragon. And thus, the Brownie had been yeeted into space and landed a while outside of Belarus. He then panicked and ran to alert someone. Fortunately, the Brownie did at least mention where the winery was.

Rene looked at the Brownie, before placing it on a table. It pulled out a little grape. “Well, thank you,” handing the grape which seemed to be about the size of the Brownie, “now get out here, runt, before I punt you back to the winery.” He checked the records just to make sure he had the location correct, which it was, and then vanished.

A little bit in front of Michel and Rabbit, they would hear the sound of a horse neigh reverberate and echo in the walls. A patch of snow seemingly melted and gave way to Rene as he jumped out and landing, “actually, you might want to follow us.”

Eliza grinned as she jumped down from the roof onto the floor. She had a spring in her step.

“So they were able to help us?” Eliza asked, looking at Rene.

Rene nodded, “you knitwits won’t find your… what was it… student(?) Yes, you won’t find your student easily within Bucharest. Eliza’s goal is the protection of the fae. Your goals align.”

The seeming human creature than jumped over the two, stamping on the ground with some level of force as if it had the legs of a large stallion. It whispered to Eliza. Her face lit up a little more. Rene then shouted to them, “you can either spend your time looking in this city or you could follow us. Because we are heading to where your student is located.

“If you are really doing this to… protect… Eliza, though she doesn’t need your protections, than it is best you come with us.”

Lucia Dracor
The Lucia Family Winery

Lucia felt her muscles and body tense up. She coughed out blood while trying to rest on the wall. She pulled out a small pocket watch and checked the time. She estimated it wouldn’t take them too long to find her, but that was the least of her problems. Her breathing was stressed. Her muscles were spasming and her vision grew weak. She mumbled and rasped, “shit. Should’ve expected that witch would play dirty.”

She clasped her hands together, tightening them into fists as she smacked the wall. It dented a little bit. This was the closest to death she had ever come.

“Ugh…. I won’t let her kill me,” She said, growling.

The suit began to enter a reparative function. The metals that made up the suit began to heal where they had been broken. At the same time, it also instigated a healing function. The ancient magical armor had been carefully designed to allow for a warrior to fight for days even nearing death. The mages that crafted this suit were not, to say, the most advanced in medicine, but they were to some level skilled. They would purify the blood and the skin, hoping to expunge any deathly sins or illness.

Lucia kept looking at her pocketwatch, “fuck… well, if I can get rid of her… I should be able to go to doc Maria in the church… she should know how to handle poisons. Not the first time some stupid gang assassin tried to poison me slowly…”

She rolled her shoulders a bit as the armor had almost completed the healing process. It was… incomplete. Her headache was still present, but more of a feint murmur. She also had much better control of her muscles and lungs.

At this point, it also became clear who she was dealing with: A complete and utter monster. One without fear or remorse. At some level, she wondered if it was an actual demon in the flesh. Whatever it was, the bloodfiend was impossibly cruel. Any strike that pierced flesh would only be spreading an increasingly toxic and precise poison yet completely clear to her. It was clear there was a poison, but unclear what an ever-increasing dosage would do.

“As long as I maintain my shielding… keep my defenses up… stay agile… and rely on my fire magic… I should have a chance to turn that fucker into dust,” Lucia says, stretching her limbs a bit. She gave a slight prayer to the sword in front of her, “my ancestors… I will not let them die… with me.”

She then enchanted her sword with a blue flame.

Rabbit was seething. This entire farce was taking too much time. He had known where he had wanted to look, and this girl's presence was a plague on him. Her grin was nothing he could trust. He had seen such cockiness far too many times before. She would not be able to take him in a fight. He knew causing a ruckus was against his better judgment, but he could not remain around this girl for much longer. He had to get away. He did not step back as she jumped down from the wall, and in fact his body bristled.

Yet as he decided on his options, a new contender arrived. Rene, he was called, a water-horse who appeared out of seemingly nowhere. He had all the eerie presence of something that should not be. A Fae, possibly an Unseelie by the appearance he held. He landed behind Rabbit and Michel, and then leaped over them to stand next to Eliza, who continued to wear that contemptible grin. He decided to hold to Michel's threat, and filled the dark, quiet alley with ice. His breath frosted as he exhaled sharply, and he created an orb of water around the girl. It did not swirl around her, but now she was unable to move unless Rabbit wanted to release her.

Michel looked at him as though he wanted to comment, but given that he had made the threat himself, just nodded to him. "...You don't think a Jaegar and a Dark Mana Being won't keep their word?...Consider the fact that both of us are not exactly popular classes of people. Our word is our honor...though I can't say I have far too much of that either," he inquired to both Rene and Eliza, giving an ironic smirk. "We don't want a fight, and we're looking to deal with this as quietly as possible. But..." He nodded to Rabbit. He was ready to draw Excalibur again if necessary, especially if Eliza decided to try and fight.

"You ought to wipe that smirk off your face. If you decide to retaliate, I will make sure this alleyway is your unmarked grave," Rabbit warned. Rolling his shoulders and stretching his arms as he concentrated on keeping the watery orb active, he then turned to Rene. "...Now. You say you have information. You are free to lead us there, though I will continue to keep her detained so she cannot run. You must understand, I am...not readily trusting of strangers, particularly strangers who find it funny to try and follow me around town claiming to have my best interests in mind..." he explained. "But if you know where she is, you will lead us there. I will know if you are misdirecting us in any way."
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:03 pm

As Catherine walked though the halls under the villa, the darkness surrounding her ate the intermittent lights around her. Here, in the depths she could bring another advantage to bare. More and more the light drained from the cellar, the temperature slowly dropped, and the sound of Catherine's foot steps vanished into nothing. The darkness would make her approach obvious, but her exact position would be hard to determine.

Something was starting to draw Catherine forward, pulling her in a direction. Now with new hope, Catherine's step perked up again, as she quickly moved towards what she felt to be her goal. Lucia wouldn't matter, not if this feeling was true. She could finally be safe, all she needed to do was take that last step. Then, she came to a large open room, filled with the winery's barrels of product. But Catherine ignored that, she was fixated on a section of the wall, a section where a thick, black liquid was starting to ooze out between the stones. As Catherine neared, gravity seemed to change direction for the substance, as it tried to flow towards her. This had to be it. Completely entranced, Catherine ran into the room, ignoring any pretense of caution.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:17 pm

Król Dariusz

Król seemed ready to try to stop the two from leaving, but he quickly arrested his motion, quickly changing to a simple shrug. Instead he turned to John.

"There was more she should know, but it seems I'll have to tell you to pass on if, when, it is necessary. Remember with that one, she was turned by a Sanguine Blood Rider, and that is what she is now. She has a master. I looked most into those bonds between the Sanguine and their slaves, they were things of hideous beauty. The masters didn't simply force the slave to obey their commands through pure compulsion, they learned such brute methods spawn hatred and rebellion. No, their magic was much more subtle, insidious. They changed the very will of their slaves, made it their own. A loyalist vampire won't obey a Sanguine because they have to, they obey because they want to. Remember that, the girl is not her own person."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Ambrosia

Oliver clenched Ambrosia's hand tightly, and she knew he was as scared as she was. He had felt useless against the lich, whose eyeless glare had bore into his soul and seen his weakness. She wished she could comfort him, but she knew Oliver would have to face that particular demon alone. He had much training to do, and he was too tired for it. He just wanted to relax, to forget about his worries for some time, and to be happy with her. She was surprised that after all this, he still wanted to play video games. She knew Soleil was still in the infirmary possibly, and they would be playing without him. She felt bad, but then she decided to invite Shaun to come spend time with them as well. All of them needed to spend more time together, to grow closer as a class. "...I...I think that would be fun..." she murmured, giving a sweet and trusting smile as they walked back to the campus together.

When they walked back up to the courtyard together, she turned to Shaun and called to him. "Hey! Come play video games with us! If you don't want to, at least you can watch! We'll have fun!" She also looked to Carlos, whom she knew had felt left-out after the entire mess which he would not understand. "You can come too! We're a class and we should all be friends!" she proclaimed. She really sounded like a shoujo protagonist now, one who breathed rainbows and caused flowers to bloom under her feet, and who gave friendship speeches to save her friends. Except of course, she was partially giving the friendship speech for her own benefit, and not just for theirs.

All the while, she began to feel another creeping darkness inside. She could not describe it, but she felt Catherine's presence in her mind as she stood with Oliver. She huddled closer to him, hoping the warmth would distract her. She could fight her vampiric tendencies, but she could not fight the fact that she was still enslaved to Catherine. Yet what did her "master" want? She could not tell. She could feel the emotions of the other girl, her excitement, her enthrallment at the sight of...something. She slowed her own beating heart, assuring herself that the other girl's emotions did not run her life, and she continued walking with Oliver.

John

John smiled as he watched Ambrosia and Oliver walk hand-in-hand back to the campus. He knew Krol had tried to stop them, but the girl never even looked back at him. The nurse felt a burst of pride for the two students. He knew their future was murky, but for now they held their heads high, even as they were afraid. His eyes then flickered back to Krol, who shrugged before he himself turned to shatter John's hope. He reminded the nurse and teacher that Ambrosia was not just any vampire. She was Catherine's servant, or slave. The girl would twist the will of the other girl to be her own. John gulped, and felt the bitter bile in his stomach. But that's not right...Ambrosia is her own student now...her own person...And Catherine...for some reason...left the school. She can't do anything to her from so far away, wherever she is, and even if she tried...she would not hurt her own classmates...would she?...Then again... He grimaced as he remembered Aria's sweet face, and the connection the two girls had. She has not been the same since Aria disappeared...none of them have, in a way... He felt a mourning in his heart for the other girl. None of the teachers had reached to Catherine as much as they could, not even Rabbit. Yet hope still had to prevail. Mana Academy would remain a safe place. He would find a way to make sure of that. "...Ambrosia is and will be her own person. And if Catherine or anyone tries to hurt her...we will act accordingly. If you have nothing else to do here...then you are free to leave," he declared.

Soleil

The boy sunk into what started as a peaceful sleep. Cecily could not see all that he saw, but she could feel the movements of his soul. She walked closer to him, and put a hand over his heart. His pulse was slow. Soleil felt peaceful. He breathed deeply the realm of lavender, and looked around his soul's domain once again. This time, he did not have to wait for the horrors to begin. Allistor stood behind him, breathing Soleil's scent. The Wind Mage's heartbeat became quick, and his eyes widened. In the infirmary, Cecily would feel his body become tense. She pulled a chair over to his side and sat down, taking note of all his reactions. She wrote them on a notepad, occasionally eyeing Artosh to see if he was watching.

"...We always end-up here, don't we?..."

Soleil turned and looked behind him, shivering as Allistor breathed the cold, deathly air of his freezing lungs. He was beautiful. He was unnatural. "...I've noticed that..." Silence moved between the two, and Allistor took a step toward Soleil. The dance of death would soon begin, but different from the usual way. "...Where...Where is Shaun?...What did you do to him?" he questioned.

"You know what I did. He was at least happy in the end..." Allistor lifted Soleil's face in his hands and showed his fangs. His eyes glowed with a singular focus. "...And maybe I can make this peaceful for you, this time?"

"Why do you want me to die?! What did I do to you?!" the younger boy shouted, as his plea wisped through the wind. He could feel sharp tears coming to his eyes. His friend's hands were too cold. His gaze was distant-yet-close. Those sharp gray eyes were seconds from revealing something, but the older Mage would kill him first. Soleil could feel the knot, the tension, tying itself tighter and tighter between them, refusing to come loose.

Allistor snickered. "...You did nothing. It's just par the course. I hunt you until this ends...wherever it ends...and you keep coming back. There's a reason you keep coming back...Do you know what it is?" More silence. The lavender scent should have been calming, but it only reminded Soleil now of his endless nightmares. He held his breath, and as a result of his non-answer, the other boy drew his claws. "...So be it. I know the answer, and you won't give it...I suppose we must continue this painful chase..."

Like clockwork Soleil began to run in the other direction. He knew now he had to reach the castle. Whatever kept him safe, whatever caused Allistor to get away, hid in that castle. He ran toward the sea of purple and orange, bypassing the growling wolves, seeking the quickest end to this horrible sensation. Tears flew to his eyes and then off his cheeks. "No more...no more...no more..." he whispered between breaths. He made it halfway when he finally got the instinct to fight. Something told him he could at least create more distance between Allistor and himself. Whirling around, he created a construct of Wind Magic, a longsword, and swung the blade before him. Allistor was hit in the chest and flung back several feet. Soleil could now run further away, but he noticed that this attack made his fellow Mage angry. Angry enough that the temperature of the lavender fields began to fall. The skies turned grey and snow began to fall down toward the ground. "...Oh no..."

"...You...attacked me...Heheheheh...you really don't know the reason for this game, then...do you?...Do I have to show you?"

Soleil hardly heard him. He continued to run, but he could feel his friend's heart squeeze behind him. The truth was that both boys knew something of why these dreams were happening. Neither of them wanted to admit it. It was easier to just fight and to draw blood than to draw the words they wanted to say. Yet nevertheless, Soleil made his way to the castle, and this time, he threw himself against the huge, vine-covered doors and pushed them open. The slam of the doors behind him was both a comfort...and a terror. Allistor could get into the room, but what lie ahead was either his biggest comfort or his worst nightmare.

The room was pitch-black. No light filled the room, and even as he stared down at the carpet below his feet, his eyes had to adjust to the supernatural darkness. He used his Light Magic to make a small candle, and carefully scanned his surroundings. "...Where...where is this place?..." he whispered. No answer came. Outside, the air was freezing. In here, the room was warm, and he could still smell lavender. Yet then he heard the breathing. The soft breathing of someone sleeping close by him. "...H-Hello?!" He aimed his light in the direction of the snoring, but heard nothing. "...Please, answer me! I...I came to find a secure place to hide, and I wish to know...if I can stay here!" No answer.

Silence dominated his dream. A lack of answers, and yet also implicit understanding. All became confusing and also clear. Warmth also mixed with cold, as Soleil felt two arms wrap around him from behind. The chase was over.

"...You can always hide here..." Allistor whispered in his ear.

He wanted to feel warm, but all he felt was the chill of death. Tears came to his eyes. "...Allistor...Can we just...talk?..."

"That time is over. Close your eyes and take a breath..." A single bite, hard into his shoulder, ended the dream.

"GAH!" Soleil shot upright in his hospital bed, breathing hard as he clutched his chest. He looked from Cecily to Artosh, and blushed. They had seen everything, he thought. Even if they could not see his dreams, they could see his reactions. He wanted to cry, but instead he told them everything of his dream. Cecily wrote what she heard, and once again looked to Artosh. She wrote every quote, without showing so much as a shiver. The boy, in the meantime, wanted to hide and to die in a snowy pit somewhere. He turned to Artosh. "...What...what do you think...this all means?...All these dreams?...What should I do?..."
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:34 pm

Eliza Hartford
The Alleys of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit was seething. This entire farce was taking too much time. He had known where he had wanted to look, and this girl's presence was a plague on him. Her grin was nothing he could trust. He had seen such cockiness far too many times before. She would not be able to take him in a fight. He knew causing a ruckus was against his better judgment, but he could not remain around this girl for much longer. He had to get away. He did not step back as she jumped down from the wall, and in fact his body bristled.

Yet as he decided on his options, a new contender arrived. Rene, he was called, a water-horse who appeared out of seemingly nowhere. He had all the eerie presence of something that should not be. A Fae, possibly an Unseelie by the appearance he held. He landed behind Rabbit and Michel, and then leaped over them to stand next to Eliza, who continued to wear that contemptible grin. He decided to hold to Michel's threat, and filled the dark, quiet alley with ice. His breath frosted as he exhaled sharply, and he created an orb of water around the girl. It did not swirl around her, but now she was unable to move unless Rabbit wanted to release her.

Michel looked at him as though he wanted to comment, but given that he had made the threat himself, just nodded to him. "...You don't think a Jaegar and a Dark Mana Being won't keep their word?...Consider the fact that both of us are not exactly popular classes of people. Our word is our honor...though I can't say I have far too much of that either," he inquired to both Rene and Eliza, giving an ironic smirk. "We don't want a fight, and we're looking to deal with this as quietly as possible. But..." He nodded to Rabbit. He was ready to draw Excalibur again if necessary, especially if Eliza decided to try and fight.

"You ought to wipe that smirk off your face. If you decide to retaliate, I will make sure this alleyway is your unmarked grave," Rabbit warned. Rolling his shoulders and stretching his arms as he concentrated on keeping the watery orb active, he then turned to Rene. "...Now. You say you have information. You are free to lead us there, though I will continue to keep her detained so she cannot run. You must understand, I am...not readily trusting of strangers, particularly strangers who find it funny to try and follow me around town claiming to have my best interests in mind..." he explained. "But if you know where she is, you will lead us there. I will know if you are misdirecting us in any way."
"I'm not here to start a fight. I'm here to do my job. That being, stopping some violence of untold horrors from threatening the lives of other fae," Eliza says, rolling around in her hamster wheel. Rene was holding back rupturous laughter at the whole thing.

“The answer is I asked the town to help find your friend. One of the brownies got blown out of the building and came to the town for help. Do you know anything about a… demon of scarlet?” Rene says, looking on, “now, follow. We likely don’t have much time before your friend fucks up the place and leaves.” He begins to take his horse form. He seems to have a magnificent horse like body with an almost seaweed like mane. The ends of his feet and eyes had what looked like scales, possibly. He would then gesture them to follow with his head, before beginning to jump across the roofs and running.

He seemed to be covered in a veil hiding their presence with the fae magic known as “glamour.” The glamour was a kind of magic unique only to fae. It was a kind of trickery and illusion, but was very distinct from illusory magics. It would be better to say it was a perfect illusion, even compared to some of the best magicians.

As they approach the winery, it was clear a large barrier was placed to protect everyone from what was inside. Mundanes may not be able to see what was inside, but it was clear Fier and a mostly devastated building was inside. Part of the grain had been placed in decay. The main building was covered in pieces.

The Brownie finally pops out of Eliza’s coat, looking around, “wh-whoa…”

Eliza notices the Brownie, “Oi, how’d you get here? I never asked for a little Brownie to follow me to the towers.”

“Th-There was a bone dragon… a-and I was launched out into the snow…”

Rene spots the Brownie, “I thought I told you to escape out of my sight.”

The brownie hides under her Eliza’s coat, “I tr-tried…. But… I don’t know this city very well… I stayed in the winery for much of my life…” Eliza looked at the brownie, “well, I think we are stuck with him for now. Just… stay out of trouble, kid. This will get a little messy.”

Lucia Dracor
The Lucia Family Winery

As Catherine walked though the halls under the villa, the darkness surrounding her ate the intermittent lights around her. Here, in the depths she could bring another advantage to bare. More and more the light drained from the cellar, the temperature slowly dropped, and the sound of Catherine's foot steps vanished into nothing. The darkness would make her approach obvious, but her exact position would be hard to determine.

Something was starting to draw Catherine forward, pulling her in a direction. Now with new hope, Catherine's step perked up again, as she quickly moved towards what she felt to be her goal. Lucia wouldn't matter, not if this feeling was true. She could finally be safe, all she needed to do was take that last step. Then, she came to a large open room, filled with the winery's barrels of product. But Catherine ignored that, she was fixated on a section of the wall, a section where a thick, black liquid was starting to ooze out between the stones. As Catherine neared, gravity seemed to change direction for the substance, as it tried to flow towards her. This had to be it. Completely entranced, Catherine ran into the room, ignoring any pretense of caution.
Lucia looked at Catherine, biting her lips in anger. She saw as Catherine entered the building. The flame candles seemed to turn off, leaving only the lights of Lucia’s armor to keep the room from being pitch black.

Lucia turned around to see what Catherine was staring so intensely at. Behind the barrels of wine lining the cobbled wall was black ooze seeping out towards Catherine. It had a nightmarish quality. Lucia didn’t even know about the mirror as it had been covered up by the cobblestone. Behind it would be an empty room housing the mirror. It was less a secret room and more just an ominous feature. The original Dracor house matriarch had decided to cobble over it and turn the room into a wine storage for all the barrels. The mirror was too gaudy and would have been an odd feature.

Or maybe, the Dracor family found the mirror too disturbing. Whatever the reasons, it was lost to time. Not even maps of the building still even showed the hidden ritual room. At this point, the mirror had been reacting to the presence of Catherine since she entered the premises. The whole room was marred in black ooze, seeming to float across it and through the cobble walls.

Lucia held a gulp in front of her throat.

She growled, “LOOK AT ME, YOU BITCH! Tell me your name, so that when I kill you, I know who almost destroyed my legacy! I won’t let you… end… the Dracor name.”

The desperate Lucia taking a fighting stance, her shaking arms reading the blade near her cheek, the flaming metal seeming to glow red hot. She seems to be breathing a little heavily, but her grip looks tight, “fight me. Demon.” As if to get your attention, she shoots flames so as to hit the ooze in front of Catherine.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:02 pm

Fierisilveer Aripă Sângeroasă

Fier paced outside of the villa waiting. From the condition that the other lady was in, she didn't expect it to take long for her master to claim her victory. Three newcomers breached the barrier as she waited. She took her time, studying them as they approached. One of them was expected, the others were not. Fier tried to put on her most diplomatic voice, something that most people would consider a dismal failure.

"Rabbit, are expected. The others will not passs." Just as she finished her sentence, she felt it. A pulse shook the ground. And Fier's heart, dead for centuries, beat with it. Power visibly pulsed through her. In her wings, the only place where veins were visible, a red glow pulsed through them. The rush of power made her feel... bliss. It was a pleasure like none other, a part of her that had been locked away returning.

"She did it. On second thought, go, all of you. You felt it, you know where to go."

Catherine turned for a moment, the section of wall briefly losing it's hypnotic hold. Then Lucia's fire hit it. The wall collapsed. Instead of a room behind it, the stones fell onto a walkway made of pure silver, finely engraved with swirling patterns of filigree. Behind many weaving layers of silver the glossy black of obsidian shown through. The walkway hung in the air above a swirling white mist, seemingly both just below it and infinitely far away. As the path continued, others merged with it. At this first foci, there was a statue in silver. A man, a sharpened stake running up through his body and out his mouth. The blood, cast in what seemed to be powered ruby, flowing from the man curled up and around, breaking the stake and lifting the man with it off the ground. Behind that was a large causeway, still of the finely detailed silver. To either side stood pike wielding soldiers, their armor silver with ebony filigree accented with touches of gold. As path continued towards it's end, the statues grew in size, so that even as they got further away from the entrances, they appeared larger and larger. Nearest to the central structure the statues changed to mounted knights, the wings of Hussars sprouting from their backs. A massive entry way stood between the final pair of rearing knights. The door way was monolithic in size. It was flanked by two figures even larger than the knights, though these figures were sculpted in a simplified manner. If it weren't for the fine silver work covering them like lace, they would almost seem to belong in a New York Art Deco piece. In one hand they held a long, thin sword, held at rest with the tip touching the ground. The other hand held a human near to their chests, again seemingly made of ruby. The main structure extended up and around this grand door way. It was fine silver, without any hint of tarnish seating massive and perfect walls of obsidian. The building was rounded, with four lobes extending in each direction. From these lobes the building reached up, ending in four smooth points of equal height. Set into this central structure, were two spheres in an open central atrium. One black as nothing, one the dark red of dried blood. Massive chains draped out from under the complex, running out to enormous, monolithic, completely flawless ovoid towers of obsidian. A small walkway topped these chains leading to platforms that circled the pillars. At least a dozen of these were visible, with a dozen more chains reaching out into the milky fog, their ends obscured. The place was massive, stunningly beautiful and terrible.

Catherine felt the rage that she had started to develop under Król boil up towards Lucia she was the only thing standing in the way now. Catherine pictured the woman in her min and recalled the conditions she found this woman's business in, the way the women that worked at her brothels were treated. Catherine remembered when she had been as helpless as them, and she let herself feel their rage. In a flash she lashed out with that rage. No, not now, Catherine wouldn't give her the satisfaction of learning her name. That could be her last thought. Catherine would let Lucia die with her name on her lips, but not until then.

The flurry didn't last long. Catherine's now reckless aggression opened her up, gaining her a few burns and cuts, a few serious, but the tired and weakened woman she faced didn't stand a chance. In quick order, Lucia collapsed trembling, her sword and the arm holding it severed and laying a few feet away. Only then did Catherine calm. For the first time she spoke to the woman, her voice a rough growl. "Have you felt this before? It hurts so much. Not just the pain but the fear. The helplessness. Do you think the women, the girls, you made into whores felt this every day? If I were more cruel, I would let you live, force you to live like they did. But that isn't my way. I have mercy. I'm going to kill you now." Blood flowed along the ground to Lucia, wrapping around her neck, her armor now beaten into submission and useless to stop it. "My name is Catherine de Sanguine Vivere, last of the sanguine mages." Catherine stretched her arms wide. "If this is what yours, your legacy, then that is mine." Catherine said as she indicated the the portal through the wall. "I, as true heir to the Obsidian Towers, and rightful queen of the mages of this land, sentence you to death by hanging." Lucia didn't have time to scream as the binds around her neck snapped tight and yanked her to, then off her feet. Lucia Dracor's corpse hung there, in that cellar, her legacy dead with her.

Catherine moved to the portal again, her smile replaced by a cold calm. This was the moment. Ever since she had found the tome containing the Towers after having been crippled, this had been her goal. The vague descriptions in the tomes hadn't even begun to explain the grace she saw before her. The moment she crossed the threshold she felt it. Like a giant slowly waking. This place recognized her. Knowing without having to be told what to do, she found a small channel carved in the silver laden path before her. Without hesitation Catherine opened her wrist and let the blood pour in. The liquid shot down the channel, and less than a second later she felt it. The Towers full awoke. A massive pulse shook everything, and Catherine felt her own heartbeat with it. The dark, crusted sphere at the center of the complex pulsed. It's outer layers shattered, and fresh blood poured out of the cracks. Catherine felt her own chest ache, her heart silent as it waited. Then, another pulse. And another. The power of the site ran through Catherine's veins. It pulsed in tune with her heart. The pulses slipped into the background, no longer deafening as the Towers finished forming their bond to her. Across the world, for the first time in months, another girl felt her heartbeat.

Catherine strode Confidently forward, her own blood and the blood of this place permeating the air with a copper smell, now, through every line of silver, ran a hairline trace of red. The milky fog had been repelled with every pulse, and now it seemed like she stood in empty space, surround by stars in the infinite distance. One loomed large above her, but still not nearly the brightness of the sun in day. As the statues grew around her, she could see the massive doors in front of her leading to the heart of the place. With a thought they silently swung open, letting her into the grand hall ahead. Up a large flight of stairs Catherine saw her throne. It was a massive ornate thing, roses of gold and ruby curling around it, and a great raven sat above, the fringes of its feathers also tinged in gold.

The Tower still had a surprise for her. Just before Catherine reached the first step a wave of blood formed an rushed towards her. Twisted humanoid figures started to form out it, their hands clutching plates of silver with the gold and red filigree of her house. Even now, Catherine felt the urge to run from this unexpected event, not knowing what was going to happen. The figures overtook her before they she could make up her mind to do anything. They rushed around her, their bodies losing form as they lifted her above them. She felt her clothes pulled away, as the animate force formed a new, close fitting suit around her. They carried the plates with them, closing Catherine in a suit of silver armor. Her terror fled with the wave of... things as it retreated. Catherine found that a massive poleaxe had been placed by her side, and broadsword in her hand. Catherine didn't enjoy that experience at all, but started to notice something else. The cold was starting to fade from her left arm, and she felt a pleasant warmth in the center of her chest. The pace where the worst of her scars lay. Could the armor, the towers be....

Catherine's thought was stopped in its tracks as she felt three people enter hew domain. As they moved down the path, she could feel their steps. "Maybe this armor will come in handy... Seems I have the first petitioners to the queen." Catherine picked the poleaxe up and walked up to her thrown. It would be only proper to meet the interlopers there.
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:30 pm

Despair. A river of horror and knowing pounded like blood in Rabbit’s veins. He suddenly forgot about Eliza, about Rene, even about Michel next to him. Somehow, he knew where to go without being told. The darkness, the ominous blood magic, reached and called to him in his mind, sending a sharp shiver through his body. He knew what was happening. They had lost far too much time, and the threshold of the end was nearing. Without even waiting to think of a response to Rene, he began to run for the winery.

“RABBIT! WAIT UP!” Michel hurried after him, watching as Rabbit only kept the bare minimum of concentration needed to keep Eliza contained. He did not know why he was bringing her. Something had clicked in the Dark Mana Being’s mind. Thinking about the situation, however, Michel could also feel the horrid, sneaking cold of Dark Magic. He could tell what was about to happen, and he drew Cauchemar without thinking of who might see it. “...Curses...curse everything...this whole war...” he mumbled.

Rabbit could hardly tell to where he was running. He arrived at the winery without even realizing his location. He took one second, or two, to notice Fier standing at the entrance. He had never seen this strange dragon before, but he felt somehow that she was connected to everything with Catherine. She was not attacking him, so he figured she was not actively hostile. Taking a deep breath and steeling himself, he allowed Michel to catch-up as he stood at the entrance. “...The Towers...they’re here...” he breathed, his chest throbbing in pain. “They’re here...I feel them...I feel them...”

“...Great. Well...I imagine you don’t want to go in alone...We can leave these two outside with her, since...we’ve found our location...” he suggested.

Rabbit nodded, and began to enter the chilly winery. He could feel the moist air soak around him, and he wrapped his cardigan closer. He was wandering in the darkness, as though he was walking through a nightmare. He could feel that nightmare wrapping itself around his heart, around his lungs, strangling him. I’m coming...please, wait...Let me try to speak to you... he thought, as he moved through the building. Michel walked close behind him, scythe drawn and ready. His eyes flickered crimson in the darkness, but he decided he would not enter the room with Rabbit. He would wait for the teacher to speak with his student alone.

The silver walkway opened toward Rabbit, and he took no notice of Lucia’s dead body, even as Michel paused behind him to take a look. The glittering silver, darkly beautiful, lead down toward an obsidian end. Rabbit stepped into the throne room, almost nervous, and Michel remained behind him in the stone-walled room. Just as he took a step, however, he felt the wave of evil sweep through and past him. He was too late. He should have enjoyed the flurry of Dark Mana, but his body was filled with horror, and every nerve stood on its sharp ends.

As the initial wave ended, however, Rabbit spotted Catherine walking up to a throne. She wore some dark, morbid armor, made of silver and blood. Rushing forward, he stopped about ten feet behind her. “CATHERINE!” Knowing that she had her mind set on taking her throne, and releasing the power of the towers to their fullest, he summoned a broadsword from his own Dark Mana. Holding it carefully, he stood and took a breath. “...Do not...take another step forward. Turn and look at me...” he ordered, his voice miraculously calm and steady.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:40 pm

"No." She said with out turning around. The voice was instantly recognizable, and her letter had made it through. Catherine took the last few steps, not letting herself be faltered by this apparition from the past. In a defiant motion, Catherine took her throne. As she did, two pipes on either side of her opened up, letting a flow of blood pour out into the throne room. As the pool spread, it smoothed, turning into a hard polished floor for the grand hall. It seem like just an aesthetic display, but Catherine could feel more than than in it. She could feel the same presences as she did when she had foolishly performed that rite, before losing to Lynnfluer.

"If you came to stop me from this, it's to late for that. You'll have to look to the future." Catherine pointed the large poleaxe down at him from her rightful place. "Put that away. You have to get the idea it would be useless."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:49 pm

"No." She said with out turning around. The voice was instantly recognizable, and her letter had made it through. Catherine took the last few steps, not letting herself be faltered by this apparition from the past. In a defiant motion, Catherine took her throne. As she did, two pipes on either side of her opened up, letting a flow of blood pour out into the throne room. As the pool spread, it smoothed, turning into a hard polished floor for the grand hall. It seem like just an aesthetic display, but Catherine could feel more than than in it. She could feel the same presences as she did when she had foolishly performed that rite, before losing to Lynnfluer.

"If you came to stop me from this, it's to late for that. You'll have to look to the future." Catherine pointed the large poleaxe down at him from her rightful place. "Put that away. You have to get the idea it would be useless."

“You have no authority to speak to me like that,” he answered, cold as the obsidian that towered over the teacher and student. He gulped, knowing he would not be able to reach her as he did Henry and Allistor. He indeed could feel what the immediate future may hold. He glanced at the blood flowing beneath his feet, and wondered if his would mingle with it in a few moments. Or hers. “...I know I came too late...to stop you from unlocking the towers’ Magic...and I know that you plan to use that Magic. Why I cannot say I know. But I will not allow you to continue. This Magic you are using...shall make Blanchefleur’s look like child’s play. And perhaps you may think that a good thing, but consider that even if she is destroyed, you will destroy all of us, and possibly yourself, in the process. I have lived long enough to know that the desire for such power never ends well...”

He took a step closer, keeping his sword drawn. “Come down from that throne now. It is not a toy, and I am not going to play with you. If I must bring you down by force, I shall...I regret now...not being as kind and understanding to you as I could have been...I could have avoided your fall to darkness...” A shiver wanted to creep up his throat, but he knew that showing weakness now would only cement her decision. “...If there is any chance that I can save you from such destruction, tell me what I must do. If there is none...then I shall have to tear you out of the hands of such Magic myself.”
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:50 am

Oliver Hofmann, Sunday
Mana Academy dorms, 5AM

He hadn't slept. Though to some degree, it was more like he physically couldn't. He knew what had to be done, and he knew he hadn't done nearly enough. Of course, he couldn't get to the level of strength he wanted by just training for a month or two. His takeover of the house would take much more than that, still.
Though at this time, he wasn't training, not yet at least.
No, at this time he was on the phone with an old acquaintance.

"And somehow, you've managed to get his business card." The woman on the other side of the line sounded exasperated, whether it was because of fatigue or because of the words being shared, Oliver couldn't quite tell.

"That's right." He answered. "And I want Shino to get in contact with them so we get volunteer forces on our side, or allies, in the best case scenario. Although realistically this won't happen."

"Right. And why exactly did you think allying with them would be a good idea? You know that we probably won't get the one that impressed you on the battlefield anyway. And even if we get their immortal small fries, I don't think the Jagtkreuz will be too happy with buddying up with them. They're undead for the most part, or dabble in Necromancy. And while I'd normally argue that Necromancy is just spicy recycling, that sort of logic doesn't work on them."

"..."

A sigh escaped the mouth of the woman on the other side, Meliora.
"... Still don't know, huh?"

"I do, it's more that I don't quite know how to rationalize my train of thought. Maybe I'm rushing too much."

"Maybe you are. Have you given thought as to why you'd refuse or take the throne, or was it simply because your father's death was convenient in making you dodge it? Did you have any special reason to refuse or accept it, or was it simply rebellion at the first sign of weakness?"

Silence came onto the line, as Oliver left his room through the window. Landing in the outside courtyard.

"... Still don't know either? Man, you're absolutely hopeless."

"I think it was more the prospect of being able to live life the way I saw fit, without being shackled by the issues of noble life. Though even that doesn't make sense, since the Hofmann fell out of politics a long time ago. The most logical reason would be that I just really tried to leave as soon as I could because it wasn't what I wanted, but by the time I managed to distance myself, the house had already turned me into what they wanted. So I just grew complacent and stayed here marinating in my regrets that can't be changed." He spoke calmly, but with a tinge of uncertainty. He couldn't quite tell if those were his reasons, but he figured that voicing them out would at least give some potential clues.
In the end however, he still remained stuck. Oliver couldn't rationalize the thoughts that almost made him act so drastically.

"And also the fact that you found someone to protect once again, I imagine?" Meliora continued.
"Given how you act whenever Shino is in the picture, I can't see another reason. Regardless, that person must really matter, for you to be fine with potentially alienating everyone around you."

Silence on the line again, save for a single sigh.

"That may be part of your charm, but at the same time, can you really afford going all in like that? Does that make sense to you? With how things are happening, do you really want to turn into the anathema to everything you've fought for thus far? Becoming an unfeeling killing machine for someone that you're not even sure you'll be able to protect?"

Silence again. And though Meliora was calm, and so was Oliver, her words hit like a knife twisting in his heart. He knew she was right. And yet...

"You're right. However, if not for her, then for me. When the Hofmann house blows up, who will take the relics? The Jagtkreuz? Blanchefleur? Or someone even worse? No. I need to keep those safe, they were made for my lineage to use and mine only. Neither you nor me must allow them to fall into the wrong hands. And unless I become stronger and act, I will have no way to keep them from the Dariusz should they allow Shino's plan to succeed without her death."

"I see. Well, either way, do take care to not let the abyss stare into you because you want to save someone you may not even be able to save. I'll forward the contact info from the Dariusz to Shino. In the mean time, take care to train well. Don't slack off now, or I'll come and beat some sense into you." Meliora answered, as calmly as usual. Over the years she learned that both Oliver and Shino had had parents, but never managed to tell them everything. As such, she became the two of them's confidant, and in a way, also acted as their mother. Even though she was really only barely older than them.

As the call was hung up, Oliver looked at the courtyard and took a deep breath, then ran deep into the forest. Up to the point that he cleared almost a year ago.
Little had changed, the trees remained on the ground, where they hand landed. Some that were protected by branches had moss growing on them, others were simply covered in snow.
That place was now perfect for him to train in, although he really didn't intend for it to be that way.
Even the remains of the Gae Bolg spear he had launched against that demon were resting in that place. Of course, he couldn't find them under the snow, but he could still feel it vaguely pulsating. He figured he'd eventually need to repair and nurse it back to health.
For now however, he would train his body again. Train it to sustain massive amounts of mana expenditure under fire.
Just the day before, he had asked a few people to join him in this training if they could, as he couldn't simply simulate a fight by himself, and so, he waited for his training buddies to show up.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:51 pm

"My authority is right here. I don't have to be pushed around any more. I don't have to worry about some psychopath killing me again. The fucking Rise won't get to torture me again. You couldn't protect me, Aria couldn't protect me. So I'll protect me. Yeah, I can protect myself now. I'm safe. Even if that means from you."

Catherine's face was inscrutable under the masked helmet. She sat still on her throne, mulling over her own and rabbits words, as well as what she might have to do in the immediate future. Even with her accusations against rabbit for failing to protect her, she still held him in high regard. Everything had happened so quickly. France was her own fault, her arrogance, her weakness had lead her to that basement. Now she could stop that from ever happening again. Catherine could defend herself now. Why couldn't rabbit understand why she was doing this? He had to understand her pain and fear, why was he trying to deny Catherine her own safety.

Catherine's voice started to walk the fine line between passion and anger, as she spoke again. "When people hurt you, when they trampled over you, did you keep letting it happen? Did you stay a weak dog to be kicked? No, I know you didn't. You grew your own terrible power. You did it so people couldn't hurt you, couldn't take what you loved from you. Now you're going to stand here and tell me not do to the same? You birth is just as terrible as this place. If I must stand down, then first you should end your own abominable existence."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:26 pm

"My authority is right here. I don't have to be pushed around any more. I don't have to worry about some psychopath killing me again. The fucking Rise won't get to torture me again. You couldn't protect me, Aria couldn't protect me. So I'll protect me. Yeah, I can protect myself now. I'm safe. Even if that means from you."

Catherine's face was inscrutable under the masked helmet. She sat still on her throne, mulling over her own and rabbits words, as well as what she might have to do in the immediate future. Even with her accusations against rabbit for failing to protect her, she still held him in high regard. Everything had happened so quickly. France was her own fault, her arrogance, her weakness had lead her to that basement. Now she could stop that from ever happening again. Catherine could defend herself now. Why couldn't rabbit understand why she was doing this? He had to understand her pain and fear, why was he trying to deny Catherine her own safety.

Catherine's voice started to walk the fine line between passion and anger, as she spoke again. "When people hurt you, when they trampled over you, did you keep letting it happen? Did you stay a weak dog to be kicked? No, I know you didn't. You grew your own terrible power. You did it so people couldn't hurt you, couldn't take what you loved from you. Now you're going to stand here and tell me not do to the same? You birth is just as terrible as this place. If I must stand down, then first you should end your own abominable existence."

Rabbit took a breath as he heard the rage and anger in her voice. Yes, he had not defended her as he should. He had helped to kill Solaine, but he had not killed Catherine’s pain. Even Aria could not kill the deep helplessness the girl felt, in the face of a world that wanted to string her along like a puppet. Perhaps Rabbit did have a chance to try and speak to her now, to try and heal that broken tie between them. Yet he had to be careful. And he would have to open up and to own to his mistakes. “...I know I could not save you, Catherine...but I wish to save you now...I do not want you to isolate yourself in a place in which you shall possibly die...I have not been the best guardian for you, but I still care about you, dear...”

He lowered his sword, and stepped forward. “...And for quite some time...I did not know I had the choice to defend myself...I did allow others to use me in many different ways. As a decoration. As a trophy. As a weapon. It took me almost 200 years to realize I had a choice regarding my fate...And then, only then, did I use my terrible power to kill those who wished to harm me...Including people I loved...A part of me enjoys that power. A part of me enjoys seeing the wicked squirm beneath my feet. But a part of me does not...A part of me wants peace, for myself and for you. If I must, I will fight for that peace...as for...my existence...”

Catherine had challenged him to kill himself. His heart sunk from his chest and stuck a jagged edge in his stomach. Rabbit did not turn his gaze away, but his voice cracked as he spoke. “...You do not know...how often I have desired to end my own existence...Up until recently...I had planned my own death. I had planned for Ruta to be my killer, for me to fade from oblivion. But I cannot. I have a duty now. A purpose. That purpose is to defend my students, and that includes you. You are a part of the reason I live. And perhaps...I am not sufficient. But I can be, from now on, if you will let me...” he reasoned, heartbroken. “Tell me what I must do, and I will help you. I will be better. As a teacher and as your protector.”
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:12 pm

"Rabbit... I don't blame you for anything that happened. Even in my greatest rages I haven't. But you did fail. And that taught me, you may not have wanted me to take this lesson... but you taught that it didn't matter if I trusted you, if I cared for you. I had to have my own power. I had to be able to take control for my self. That's all I can really control. So I need this power. I don't want it, I don't want to ever have to use it. But I can't let it go."

Focusing on what Rabbit had said about his darker desires, Catherine though of her own. It was just a faint shape in the distance, but she could see Lucia's corpse from here. When she killed her, it felt like justice. That she was righting some wrong, but she had killed her with out hesitation. She thought about the times she had tried to take her own life, or at least just ignore it through the drugs she bathed herself in. They made everything so easy. Maybe Catherine should have just taken that path, lived a short life as a drug addled hedonist. It wouldn't have been hard, and she wouldn't be put here, having to debate killing some one she cared about. Carefully, and still on guard, Catherine

Carefully, and still on guard, Catherine stood up. She pulled the masked helmet off, dropping it at on the seat of the throne. Revealing her face to Rabbit, her scars much diminished from last time she saw him, from five minutes ago."I have that same duty you do, if to no one else but myself." Noticing now that she didn't feel the same tightness on the right side of her face, the same pain when she tried to smile or frown, Catherine ran her hand over the side of her face. It was hard to tell, but even through the clawed gauntlets the skin felt smooth. As she look down at her hands, Catherine started to feel tears well up in her eye. Slowly, she stepped down to rabbit. "Look. Even here there is healing. Just like I tried to show my magic, with all the horrors it can cause is not with out redemption, so this place can be. I know those dark hateful urges you feel. That's what I need you for Rabbit, and maybe what I can do for you. We both know that hatred, that hunger better than most. We can lean on each other."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm

"Rabbit... I don't blame you for anything that happened. Even in my greatest rages I haven't. But you did fail. And that taught me, you may not have wanted me to take this lesson... but you taught that it didn't matter if I trusted you, if I cared for you. I had to have my own power. I had to be able to take control for my self. That's all I can really control. So I need this power. I don't want it, I don't want to ever have to use it. But I can't let it go."

Focusing on what Rabbit had said about his darker desires, Catherine though of her own. It was just a faint shape in the distance, but she could see Lucia's corpse from here. When she killed her, it felt like justice. That she was righting some wrong, but she had killed her with out hesitation. She thought about the times she had tried to take her own life, or at least just ignore it through the drugs she bathed herself in. They made everything so easy. Maybe Catherine should have just taken that path, lived a short life as a drug addled hedonist. It wouldn't have been hard, and she wouldn't be put here, having to debate killing some one she cared about. Carefully, and still on guard, Catherine

Carefully, and still on guard, Catherine stood up. She pulled the masked helmet off, dropping it at on the seat of the throne. Revealing her face to Rabbit, her scars much diminished from last time she saw him, from five minutes ago."I have that same duty you do, if to no one else but myself." Noticing now that she didn't feel the same tightness on the right side of her face, the same pain when she tried to smile or frown, Catherine ran her hand over the side of her face. It was hard to tell, but even through the clawed gauntlets the skin felt smooth. As she look down at her hands, Catherine started to feel tears well up in her eye. Slowly, she stepped down to rabbit. "Look. Even here there is healing. Just like I tried to show my magic, with all the horrors it can cause is not with out redemption, so this place can be. I know those dark hateful urges you feel. That's what I need you for Rabbit, and maybe what I can do for you. We both know that hatred, that hunger better than most. We can lean on each other."

Rabbit stared at Catherine as she revealed her scarred face. Her face was healing, but the pain in her face was still unmistakable. The last few months still weighed on her face, and in her heart. He could see the physical damage, the twisting emotions, the effects of drugs, and eyes weighing a horrible decision. He did not know if she was willing to fight him. He continued to hold his sword, rather than allowing it to float before him. He hated close combat, and hoped she would not engage him at this range, if at all. He saw a tear fall from her eyes, the stinging sensation of the knowledge that she was not the same girl she had once been.

As a positive, she took a step and moved toward him. After that first step followed some other steps, and she walked down from her throne to face him. Now she took her turn to plead. She wanted him to not only understand her pain, but to accept her solution. This same Magic had healed her face, but he knew it could hold untold dangers for many others. His own face weighed a decision. If he committed a small evil, he had to know whether it would lead to a greater good at all. He did not believe it would, but if he committed the small good of denying this Magic, he then had to figure what would happen to Catherine.

He took his sunglasses off and showed her the subtle pain wrought in his expression. "...Of course...I shall support you even if you do not wish to support me...that is my duty, and what I wish to do with what remains of my life...But Catherine..." He gulped, as the lead of his next words sunk into his throat. "...There are other ways...that you can find healing. If I am to best support you...I cannot leave you here alone. It will be unhealthy for you. You may have the power now to be physically well, but it is nothing when you feel...the crushing pain of loneliness. And I know Mana has not always been the safest place...but we will make it better. Together. Even better, your friends will be glad you came home. Henry. Allistor. Shaun. Even little Soleil. And we will make Mana a home for you. And even after you graduate...we will help you find a place of peace in which you can live and thrive."

He allowed his sword to float at his side, and he took his student's hands in his. He did not squeeze hard, as he knew he might accidentally cause her pain. "...I must leave here in two days. I have been ordered...to return with Henry and Allistor to Mana. I do not wish to leave without you. If I was to stay, my council can help, but it cannot make-up...for the decisions you must make. It is a painful and difficult struggle, to fight those urges, to use the cursed Magic to try and find redemption. It is not a path I would wish on anyone, never mind my own student...And I would never wish it on anyone I love. Or even on anyone I hate. There is still a place in the world for you. A purpose for you. A chance for you to find people who love you. You are far too young, and far too valued, to lock yourself away in a place like this. Please, Catherine...listen to me..." he pleaded.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse