NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:28 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Oliver blinked several times as Ambrosia refused to drink his blood. Truth be told, he didn't care too much whether she drank his blood or not. Hell, the only reason he was dreading having his blood drank was the prospect of maybe giving her something too holy for her to handle. Though by now it wasn't really something he could just take back.
For a moment though, her stubbornness in the face of her own hunger made him pinch the bridge of his nose.
She believed in a potential cure for her condition, and while he didn't think it was strictly impossible, he also didn't have proper ways to fight her urges beyond giving his own blood as of now.

Sighing, he made himself a chair out of metal and sat on it.
"You aren't a leech though, you're the only one seeing yourself as such. Are those that need blood transfusions leeches? Of course they aren't, they need it to live. And so do you, to a degree. Drinking, or not drinking now won't make a difference in the potential cure. And again, as I've said, being a vampire has its perks too. Doesn't have to be all negative." He sat with a leg on the other, his wrist still out.
"And if by chance you think this'll hurt me, don't worry about it. I've had a lot worse."

She turned back to Oliver as he walked away and grabbed a chair. He was serious. He was not making an offer just to be kind-he believed that drinking his blood was the only way, right now, for her to be well. She listened as he assured her that she was not a leech, and her stomach felt a little less pain. He did not hold her condition against her, and wanted to make sure that she did not suffer from her condition. Yet she did not see the benefits of being a vampire. She took another deep breath and sighed. "...And you promise...this won't hurt you too much?...If this is...the only way..." She stared at his unpunctured wrist for a moment, before she leaned forward, as far as Allistor's restraints would let her. She hated Catherine for giving her this curse. She wondered if she could have done something else to stop her from dying. She wanted with all her heart to rebel against the girl who had given her this curse. With anger on her mind, she did draw her fangs, and she bit a little too hard into Oliver's wrist.

Fortunately, for both of them, the pain would not be too substantial. For Ambrosia, her anger and pain seemed to float away on a cloud of relief. Oliver's blood was warm, and even better, it was Crusader's blood. She was not aware of the state of his blood, but she did not need to draw too much from him. The blood was strong enough, almost like a rum, and she only took about half a minute to drink. Her stomach unclenched itself, and she felt full. Fuller than she ever felt eating stacks of pancakes, not that she did not love her breakfast foods. Yet drinking blood was...a different feeling. Her body said it was right, and did everything the body usually did to convince a person's mind that what they were doing was right. His blood tasted sweet. Rich. Warm. Yet at the same time, as she let him go, the tingly, happy feeling did not block all of her confused feelings. She sat in almost a little daze for a second, as she took a breath and wiped the small bit of blood off her lip.

"...That felt weird, actually...I...I guess it..." She gulped, as though some of his blood was still caught in the back of her throat. "...I guess that was actually...what I needed?..." She smiled, but with a hint of sadness. She had given into her stomach's urges, and not in a way that made her comfortable. A vampire was supposed to feel happy drinking blood. Even more than happy, sometimes. Yet she only felt wistful, even as the beast finally let her be. "...We need to heal your wound, now! It's going to bleed everywhere, isn't it?...Ah...um..." She looked around the room for some gauze, or for something she could use to put pressure on the two tiny puncture wounds. "...I don't want to accidentally kill you...Where's the gauze, where's a cloth I can use?...Bandaids?..."

Thankfully enough, Ambrosia finally decided to end her self imposed suffering by biting into his wrist.
It was a shard, sudden pain, but not not one he hadn't felt before. It didn't hurt any more than the usual beatings he took when fighting, but still stung for a bit after she was done drinking.
He looked at his wrist as his blood bubbled up again, giving a genuine, yet light smile before looking at Ambrosia again and patting her head.

"Well, I guess that's first base for us, huh?" Changing into a smug grin and chuckling lightly, he held his wrist tightly with his other arm, almost uncomfortably so, given the texture.
"And please, you wouldn't kill me with that. After suddenly losing my arm and having this thing replace it, I don't think a wrist bite would kill me." Giving a slight nudge towards his rocky arm, he stood up and had to exact self control to not just tear up his clothing to make a makeshift bandage as he usually did.

"Also, if you need blood again, come to me. As I've said to many people before, I don't have anything to do since I do well in my classes. Having some company around, even if it's just to serve as a glorified bloodbag is fine. Plus, you told me I was good company, so it's win win for you isn't it?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:54 pm

Serah wrote:
Luminesa wrote:She turned back to Oliver as he walked away and grabbed a chair. He was serious. He was not making an offer just to be kind-he believed that drinking his blood was the only way, right now, for her to be well. She listened as he assured her that she was not a leech, and her stomach felt a little less pain. He did not hold her condition against her, and wanted to make sure that she did not suffer from her condition. Yet she did not see the benefits of being a vampire. She took another deep breath and sighed. "...And you promise...this won't hurt you too much?...If this is...the only way..." She stared at his unpunctured wrist for a moment, before she leaned forward, as far as Allistor's restraints would let her. She hated Catherine for giving her this curse. She wondered if she could have done something else to stop her from dying. She wanted with all her heart to rebel against the girl who had given her this curse. With anger on her mind, she did draw her fangs, and she bit a little too hard into Oliver's wrist.

Fortunately, for both of them, the pain would not be too substantial. For Ambrosia, her anger and pain seemed to float away on a cloud of relief. Oliver's blood was warm, and even better, it was Crusader's blood. She was not aware of the state of his blood, but she did not need to draw too much from him. The blood was strong enough, almost like a rum, and she only took about two minutes to drink. Her stomach unclenched itself, and she felt full. Fuller than she ever felt eating stacks of pancakes, not that she did not love her breakfast foods. Yet drinking blood was...a different feeling. Her body said it was right, and did everything the body usually did to convince a person's mind that what they were doing was right. His blood tasted sweet. Rich. Warm. Yet at the same time, as she let him go, the tingly, happy feeling did not block all of her confused feelings. She sat in almost a little daze for a second, as she took a breath and wiped the small bit of blood off her lip.

"...That felt weird, actually...I...I guess it..." She gulped, as though some of his blood was still caught in the back of her throat. "...I guess that was actually...what I needed?..." She smiled, but with a hint of sadness. She had given into her stomach's urges, and not in a way that made her comfortable. A vampire was supposed to feel happy drinking blood. Even more than happy, sometimes. Yet she only felt wistful, even as the beast finally let her be. "...We need to heal your wound, now! It's going to bleed everywhere, isn't it?...Ah...um..." She looked around the room for some gauze, or for something she could use to put pressure on the two tiny puncture wounds. "...I don't want to accidentally kill you...Where's the gauze, where's a cloth I can use?...Bandaids?..."

Thankfully enough, Ambrosia finally decided to end her self imposed suffering by biting into his wrist.
It was a shard, sudden pain, but not not one he hadn't felt before. It didn't hurt any more than the usual beatings he took when fighting, but still stung for a bit after she was done drinking.
He looked at his wrist as his blood bubbled up again, giving a genuine, yet light smile before looking at Ambrosia again and patting her head.

"Well, I guess that's first base for us, huh?" Changing into a smug grin and chuckling lightly, he held his wrist tightly with his other arm, almost uncomfortably so, given the texture.
"And please, you wouldn't kill me with that. After suddenly losing my arm and having this thing replace it, I don't think a wrist bite would kill me." Giving a slight nudge towards his rocky arm, he stood up and had to exact self control to not just tear up his clothing to make a makeshift bandage as he usually did.

"Also, if you need blood again, come to me. As I've said to many people before, I don't have anything to do since I do well in my classes. Having some company around, even if it's just to serve as a glorified bloodbag is fine. Plus, you told me I was good company, so it's win win for you isn't it?"

Ambrosia felt awful making Oliver hurt. She knew she had bitten a little too hard into his wrist, and she had worried that she had somehow hit bone. Fortunately she had not, and she sighed as she realized he was not hurt badly. His smile, however, was calming and pleasant. She had forgotten Allistor was in the room watching, and she even blushed a little as Oliver pat her head. No guy had ever pat her head before, and the feeling was sweet and reassuring. "...First base?...OH!" Her eyes widened, and her blush grew deeper. She whipped her head away and covered her lip with her mouth, thinking. He really did like her then, or so she hoped. After all, he would not do something like giving her his wrist to drink his blood, if he did not like her. "...W-Well...I guess...um..."

As Oliver applied a makeshift bandage to his wrist, he showed her his rock arm, which she had not quite noticed before now. She took a look at it, and she shuddered. If I suck his blood too much, will he lose his other arm? What would he think of me then? I hate this...I could hurt him badly and I wouldn't even realize it until it was over... Even while he tried to calm her, and told her that a bite would not hurt him, she knew that repeated biting, or even drinking too deeply from his arm, could severely hurt him. He did say, however, that she could come to him for blood again, and so she decided going to him was the safest option. "I'll try not to bite you during class!" she joked, "That's why I'll bring lots of snacks like always."

Now she turned to Allistor, whom she had ignored for some time. Her smile wavered, not from any coldness or animosity, but from embarrassment. She had talked to Oliver and had bitten his arm all while the Ice Mage had been watching. Her actions should have been a little more private, but she had burst into his room and had not even acknowledged him until after she had taken Oliver's blood. "...I...I'm sorry for...being so rude, um...I...I've been reading the book you bought me...but...I...I guess I'm worried...How do I make sure that I...don't lose control of myself and...hurt Oliver?" she inquired.
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Saleon wrote:Eliza Hartford
The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:A shop in Bucharest...

"Michel, we're supposed to be looking for Catherine. Why did you take me on this detour?"

"Because if she sees a man in a rabbit's mask, she's going to instantly recognize you and she might make a break for it."

"But I do want her to recognize me."

"Well yeah, we're not getting rid of the mask, we just need to avoid the attention of other people. I'm pretty sure wearing masks in public is frowned-upon in most places, unless you're going to a convention for that sort of thing," Michel explained. Sensing that unwanted eyes might have been giving the duo unwanted glances, Michel had pulled Rabbit into a small clothing shop, had grabbed a bunch of items off a rack, and had handed them to Rabbit. "Now listen. I need you to not ask questions and to put these on," he explained.

Rabbit held the items on his arm. A black cardigan, a burgundy scarf, a black beanie, a grey sweater, black jeans, and burgundy shoes. "...I suppose I will blend-in better if I wear this?"

"Better than you will in a kimono and a mask. I already paid for it, now hurry up and put it on. Make sure to take the tags off!" Michel stepped out of the room, leaning against the dressing room as he looked outside. He could not help but feel they were being followed. Then again, people might have just been giving the duo odd looks. Michel himself did not change much of his own outfit, but given he did not wear much to stand-out, he figured he had no need for a disguise. When Rabbit stepped out, Michel turned to him and looked him up and down.

"...How...how do I look?" Rabbit questioned, before Michel put sunglasses over his eyes, baffling him further. "...What did you put..."

"Sunglasses! Don't want anyone to notice your eyes too much."

Rabbit paused to adjust his cardigan, and to pull his scarf over his mouth and nose. Romania was certainly quite cool in the fall, and he was only partially glad to have been pulled indoors to get some warmth. "...Very well. I guess this will do?...What about my hair? Should we disguise that?"

"Just shove it under your beanie. Like..." Michel sighed, walked over to Rabbit, and hastily braided his hair. "Geez, Rapunzel, you could use this hair for a rope," he muttered, as he tucked the braid into the beanie. "There! Now you look just enough like a hipster that nobody will take care to notice you!"

"If you say so...but now we're behind. Let's hurry back outside," Rabbit urged him. He and Michel then hurried outside, surveying their surroundings before they continued walking. Just as they had hoped, nobody gave either of the men any looks now. Rabbit hid his mask in the pocket of his cardigan, and held onto his companion's arm as he felt the chill and the bodies walking around them. He had only been through Romania once, but while he knew where the Obsidian Towers were supposed to be, he had never actually traveled to the site. He hoped that the legends were correct, or at the very least that Catherine had not lied about her intentions to mislead them. "...We should head to the north of the city, I believe..." he muttered, before he and Michel crossed the street to continue their journey.
Eliza hops down from her vantage point, moving closer to them. She traced them in the crowds, having already identified their own signature.

“So do you remember where to go from here?” Michel continued to hold Rabbit’s arm, walking with him to avoid losing him in the crowds. Bucharest was not the size of New York, but still a large city, and Rabbit could be lost in the crowd easily.

“From what I recall, we are going in the right direction now,” Rabbit answered, as he felt the world around him. The people walking, talking, chatting on their phones, biking, and buying things. Plenty were Mundanes, though occasionally he felt a few Mages pass. Yet none of them had a threatening aura. He was almost hoping for a threatening Mana, however, as that would mean they were close to their destination.

“...How do you want to do this when we find her?” Michel inquired.

Rabbit frowned. “...Whatever we must do. I do not know whether or not she will have activated the ritual, by the time we find her. We can only hope we will not be too late,” he muttered.

Eliza had worked to keep her aura in check. She knew not to fight them, merely observe. A part of her wondered how long she could keep it up. She had to have a good cover, to be sure.

She worked to analyze them from afar, following their magical signature. It almost made her wonder why they tried hiding.

She continued observing, following them for an extensive amount of time.
with help of Luminesa, don't sue me.

Rene, on the otherhand, worked to follow the many loose ends that had been left. He looked at the many businesses that had been owned by the Triad. Everything was shells upon shells, a clandestine web of businesses. He was in no hurry to smoke out whatever groups had been working to kill the Triad. He more wanted to know who and why this was all being done. From what he could tell, it would have had to been someone infrequent to the city.

There was a second party, one who made quick work of the lower gang members. It would have to be something outside of the Triad's radar, and considering their radar included almost all of Bulgaria and Bucharest, it was someone outside the country.

"Why does Michael feel invested... in whoever is here?" Rene had been observing the cleanup of a victim gang member. Magical barriers had been raised so as to avoid the auspices of Mundanes. The victim was less a victim and more of a bloodsplattered mess.

Lucia Dracor
The Lucia Family Winery
Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere
Golem probably, or some sort of directly manipulated construct, didn't have the same flavor of magic that the true necromancy she had seen with Dariusz had. If it was directly controlled, then some of Catherine's opponents focus would have to be diverted to command it. That would give Catherine and Fier some advantage, being two thinking opponents for Lucia to face. Catherine would go for the easy kill first, though she doubted that such a foe would forget her passive wards, but hey, sometimes people got over confident. Catherine didn't deign to respond to her foe, there was no point in that. This wasn't likely to end with diplomacy, at least until a winner was crowned.

Blood poured out of Catherine's eyes and mouth, and from the left sleeve of her jacket. It started to twist and weave around her, ready to lash out and attack, or to form a shield around her from attacks. Catherine's other hand raised up from her jacket, shouldering her first move. Normally it would be impossible for someone with Catherine's muscle mass to accurately aim the weapon, but she wasn't just using her muscles. The blood in her veins responded to her command to move her body, and gave her preternatural strength. With out an expression Catherine opened up a withering burst of ten gauge shot and slug mix shells from a modified Fostech O 12. Each shell also contained a tiny payload of Catherine's own blood, empowering them and giving her tools for later. Catherine wasn't a good shot, hell, she pratically knew nothing about the weapon she was using or how to use it, but she figured that enough raw fire power would over come that.
Lucia held the sword stationary, resting her hands upon it as she stood upon the reanimated dragon. Her armor began to shift colors, the magical circuits changing from green to blue. The heavy fire shots began to stop a few feet from her face as a blue aura barrier deflected the shots. Any that got too close would be burned and sizzle from the barrier.

The dragon seemed to be less resilient. It was strong and powerful, taking many shots directly, but it was clear that some of the shots had smattered and cracked off pieces of bone.

"Are you done?" Lucia asked, smirking.

Her magical circuits began to grow red. She slices her sword in the air, ordering the dragon into motion. The reanimated dragon began to move and rumble, the head lifting up and the mouth opening. Catherine can see the white mouth as from the empty hole where there would be a throat and esophagus. It begans to spew out a strange purple and green cloud from the mouth. It breathes out a large wave of necrotic energy. It was more than a few meters high. It spewed out causing much of the life surrounding them, the already ruined fields of grapes. The smashed vineyards turned from crushed grapes to decay. Soon, it was clear it became black dust.

The surrounding vineyard now showed a clear black dust outline in a cone. The dust rushed out towards the river and creek where the miasma and decay fell into and stopped.

Bucharest, Romania-Rabbit and Michel
“So do you remember where to go from here?” Michel continued to hold Rabbit’s arm, walking with him to avoid losing him in the crowds. Bucharest was not the size of New York, but still a large city, and Rabbit could be lost in the crowd easily. Of course, if he did get lost, he was not helpless, but he was more likely to run into trouble if left on his own.

“From what I recall, we are going in the right direction now,” Rabbit answered, as he felt the world around him. The people walking, talking, chatting on their phones, biking, and buying things. Plenty were Mundanes, though occasionally he felt a few Mages pass. Yet none of them had a threatening aura. He was almost hoping for a threatening Mana, however, as that would mean they were close to their destination. In his chest, he could feel his soul coiling and uncoiling, as though the tension made him unable to feel any peace. He knew that no matter what happened, only tragedy lie ahead.

Rabbit frowned. “...Whatever we must do. I do not know whether or not she will have activated the ritual, by the time we find her. We can only hope we will not be too late...” he muttered. Yet after a few more minutes of walking, the Dark Mana Being halted. Something sinister had perked his attention. As they reached another street corner, he stopped walking and let go of Michel’s arm. The latter felt Rabbit release his arm, and he turned to face the Dark Mana Being. “...Why’d you stop? You felt something?”

“...I did...” Rabbit turned his head to sense his surroundings, and felt a tinge of Fae Magic floating around in the air. He turned after a moment and began to walk in the other direction, following the faint Magic in the air. Michel hurried after him to keep him from bumping into pedestrians, but Rabbit hardly even noticed them. He sensed something keeping after them, and it needed to be eliminated. He moved toward the unseen target, his face blank and his eyes unblinking. He almost seemed to march toward whatever was the source of the peculiar Mana. His calm was chilling, and a couple of people turned to see why this man was walking so strange.

Michel, in the meantime, ran after Rabbit, hoping he would not have to pull out his scythe in broad daylight. Not that he minded a good fight any time, but in front of Mundanes he would be causing unnecessary drama. And then they still needed to catch Catherine. “RABBIT! HANG ON!” he called. Why does he have to go full Terminator now? Couldn't he wait?! What even is he looking for?

Rabbit hardly seemed to hear him. He walked into the dark alley, and felt the Mana was close. Above. The roof. He gazed upward, unseeing but still feeling the spy’s presence. He could not teleport to the roof, but he decided to use his Water Magic instead. Holding his hand by his feet, he created a geyser, which quickly threw him up toward the roof. When he landed, his head faced toward Eliza’s direction. “...I hate traveling through Europe. I always know someone is going to seek to kill me. Luckily, most of them fail. Unless...that is not the reason you are here, or you are indeed not following me at all...which would not explain how I have felt a hostile presence following me while I have been here,” he questioned.
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:18 pm

Eliza Hartford
The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:Eliza hops down from her vantage point, moving closer to them. She traced them in the crowds, having already identified their own signature.

“So do you remember where to go from here?” Michel continued to hold Rabbit’s arm, walking with him to avoid losing him in the crowds. Bucharest was not the size of New York, but still a large city, and Rabbit could be lost in the crowd easily.

“From what I recall, we are going in the right direction now,” Rabbit answered, as he felt the world around him. The people walking, talking, chatting on their phones, biking, and buying things. Plenty were Mundanes, though occasionally he felt a few Mages pass. Yet none of them had a threatening aura. He was almost hoping for a threatening Mana, however, as that would mean they were close to their destination.

Rabbit frowned. “...Whatever we must do. I do not know whether or not she will have activated the ritual, by the time we find her. We can only hope we will not be too late,” he muttered.

Eliza had worked to keep her aura in check. She knew not to fight them, merely observe. A part of her wondered how long she could keep it up. She had to have a good cover, to be sure.

She worked to analyze them from afar, following their magical signature. It almost made her wonder why they tried hiding.

She continued observing, following them for an extensive amount of time.
with help of Luminesa, don't sue me.

Rene, on the otherhand, worked to follow the many loose ends that had been left. He looked at the many businesses that had been owned by the Triad. Everything was shells upon shells, a clandestine web of businesses. He was in no hurry to smoke out whatever groups had been working to kill the Triad. He more wanted to know who and why this was all being done. From what he could tell, it would have had to been someone infrequent to the city.

There was a second party, one who made quick work of the lower gang members. It would have to be something outside of the Triad's radar, and considering their radar included almost all of Bulgaria and Bucharest, it was someone outside the country.

"Why does Michael feel invested... in whoever is here?" Rene had been observing the cleanup of a victim gang member. Magical barriers had been raised so as to avoid the auspices of Mundanes. The victim was less a victim and more of a bloodsplattered mess.

Bucharest, Romania-Rabbit and Michel
“So do you remember where to go from here?” Michel continued to hold Rabbit’s arm, walking with him to avoid losing him in the crowds. Bucharest was not the size of New York, but still a large city, and Rabbit could be lost in the crowd easily. Of course, if he did get lost, he was not helpless, but he was more likely to run into trouble if left on his own.

“From what I recall, we are going in the right direction now,” Rabbit answered, as he felt the world around him. The people walking, talking, chatting on their phones, biking, and buying things. Plenty were Mundanes, though occasionally he felt a few Mages pass. Yet none of them had a threatening aura. He was almost hoping for a threatening Mana, however, as that would mean they were close to their destination. In his chest, he could feel his soul coiling and uncoiling, as though the tension made him unable to feel any peace. He knew that no matter what happened, only tragedy lie ahead.

Rabbit frowned. “...Whatever we must do. I do not know whether or not she will have activated the ritual, by the time we find her. We can only hope we will not be too late...” he muttered. Yet after a few more minutes of walking, the Dark Mana Being halted. Something sinister had perked his attention. As they reached another street corner, he stopped walking and let go of Michel’s arm. The latter felt Rabbit release his arm, and he turned to face the Dark Mana Being. “...Why’d you stop? You felt something?”

“...I did...” Rabbit turned his head to sense his surroundings, and felt a tinge of Fae Magic floating around in the air. He turned after a moment and began to walk in the other direction, following the faint Magic in the air. Michel hurried after him to keep him from bumping into pedestrians, but Rabbit hardly even noticed them. He sensed something keeping after them, and it needed to be eliminated. He moved toward the unseen target, his face blank and his eyes unblinking. He almost seemed to march toward whatever was the source of the peculiar Mana. His calm was chilling, and a couple of people turned to see why this man was walking so strange.

Michel, in the meantime, ran after Rabbit, hoping he would not have to pull out his scythe in broad daylight. Not that he minded a good fight any time, but in front of Mundanes he would be causing unnecessary drama. And then they still needed to catch Catherine. “RABBIT! HANG ON!” he called. Why does he have to go full Terminator now? Couldn't he wait?! What even is he looking for?

Rabbit hardly seemed to hear him. He walked into the dark alley, and felt the Mana was close. Above. The roof. He gazed upward, unseeing but still feeling the spy’s presence. He could not teleport to the roof, but he decided to use his Water Magic instead. Holding his hand by his feet, he created a geyser, which quickly threw him up toward the roof. When he landed, his head faced toward Eliza’s direction. “...I hate traveling through Europe. I always know someone is going to seek to kill me. Luckily, most of them fail. Unless...that is not the reason you are here, or you are indeed not following me at all...which would not explain how I have felt a hostile presence following me while I have been here,” he questioned.
Eliza sat down, "well, I dont know what hostile presence has been hunting you. I've been more interested in why a being such as yourself has been in the city at all. You have been concerning the fae since you got here."

“...So there are indeed Fae here?...How interesting. The Fae have decided to convene among humans? That would be lovely. But unfortunately, the Magic I feel from you has been touched by evil. As for me...you are interested to know why I am here? How do you know what I am?”

"For someone who can sense the fae, you seem to not realize how omnipresent the fae can be," Eliza says, clearing her throat, "and I'm sorry if I try and negotiate between courts, but I would rather not be described as 'tainted by evil.' I can quite easily sense you, if that is what you are asking."

Rabbit chuckled. “It’s very possible I am only a paranoid old man, but...in the case that I am not...for what reason have you come to find me?...” he inquired.

At this point, Michel had found the alleyway to which Rabbit had disappeared, and he leaped on top of a garbage can and then launched himself to the roof. “...For Pete’s sakes Rabbit, don’t run off like that without saying anything!” he complained, before he turned to Eliza. “...Why hello there...fox-girl?...”

"Hello other stranger!" Eliza says, her tail wagging a bit. She then looked back to Rabbit, "I figured it was kindof clear. The fae were concerned about some energy entering the city. So here I am. In this city. I'm here to find out why you are here. And to make sure you aren't up to something that might be reason to stop you."

Her tail wagged around a bit.

Rene moves over to another bloody murder scene. His form was heavily cloaked, even from magical investigators. He sniffed the mess, "hm... this is... strange... This doesn't look like any magic... I would expect..." He continues observing the scene, "this doesn't have traces of any Triad-based magic... this is too savage... violent."

Rene puts on his hat, "Well, someone other than a gang member, got it."

He keeps on heading further, "hmm... where else is the gang? Any shall companies?"
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:18 am

The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:Bucharest, Romania-Rabbit and Michel

Eliza sat down, "well, I dont know what hostile presence has been hunting you. I've been more interested in why a being such as yourself has been in the city at all. You have been concerning the fae since you got here."

“...So there are indeed Fae here?...How interesting. The Fae have decided to convene among humans? That would be lovely. But unfortunately, the Magic I feel from you has been touched by evil. As for me...you are interested to know why I am here? How do you know what I am?”

"For someone who can sense the fae, you seem to not realize how omnipresent the fae can be," Eliza says, clearing her throat, "and I'm sorry if I try and negotiate between courts, but I would rather not be described as 'tainted by evil.' I can quite easily sense you, if that is what you are asking."

Rabbit chuckled. “It’s very possible I am only a paranoid old man, but...in the case that I am not...for what reason have you come to find me?...” he inquired.

At this point, Michel had found the alleyway to which Rabbit had disappeared, and he leaped on top of a garbage can and then launched himself to the roof. “...For Pete’s sakes Rabbit, don’t run off like that without saying anything!” he complained, before he turned to Eliza. “...Why hello there...fox-girl?...”

"Hello other stranger!" Eliza says, her tail wagging a bit. She then looked back to Rabbit, "I figured it was kindof clear. The fae were concerned about some energy entering the city. So here I am. In this city. I'm here to find out why you are here. And to make sure you aren't up to something that might be reason to stop you."

Rene moves over to another bloody murder scene. His form was heavily cloaked, even from magical investigators. He sniffed the mess, "hm... this is... strange... This doesn't look like any magic... I would expect..." He continues observing the scene, "this doesn't have traces of any Triad-based magic... this is too savage... violent."

He keeps on heading further, "hmm... where else is the gang? Any shall companies?"

“That, I’m afraid, is not your business. We do not seek to harm the Mundanes or any Mages who are wishing to mind their own business. But we are hoping to stop a dark force before it possibly unleashes a terrible evil into the world,” Rabbit explained, his voice becoming deadly soft as he addressed her.

Michel glanced at Rabbit, keeping an eye on him. He could tell that the Dark Mana Being was more than paranoid about this random girl somehow finding and stalking him from several blocks away. He wanted her gone, as gone as he could make her without combat. “The Fae have not been concerned apparently about the entries of people like Lady Blanchefleur into Poland, or whatever Dark Mages and demons are all hiding around in France. Yeah, did you know that there were demons hanging around Strasbourg?” he inquired, putting his hands on his hips and leaning forward to address Eliza. “Seems funny that they only seem to care about Mana entering the city when it’s two specific people? I’d imagine they’d all be congregating and trying to figure how to stop whatever is summoning said demons, which was not our doing,” he reasoned.

Rabbit nodded, having not thought about Michel’s line-of-thought. Lady Blanchefleur was not only a Dark Mage, but a Black Mage, one who interacted with demons and summoned them. “She had summoned them in quite a few places in France, actually...like the fortress we tried to protect from her a couple weeks ago. And then she has demons as far as Strasbourg?...That would be far more of a cause for concern. And what did the Fae think about that horrid explosion in Norway? It’s quite likely Lady Blanchefleur killed the members of House Rise who were there. Where were the Fae then?” he added.
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:46 am

Eliza Hartford
The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:Eliza sat down, "well, I dont know what hostile presence has been hunting you. I've been more interested in why a being such as yourself has been in the city at all. You have been concerning the fae since you got here."

“That, I’m afraid, is not your business. We do not seek to harm the Mundanes or any Mages who are wishing to mind their own business. But we are hoping to stop a dark force before it possibly unleashes a terrible evil into the world,” Rabbit explained, his voice becoming deadly soft as he addressed her.

Michel glanced at Rabbit, keeping an eye on him. He could tell that the Dark Mana Being was more than paranoid about this random girl somehow finding and stalking him from several blocks away. He wanted her gone, as gone as he could make her without combat. “The Fae have not been concerned apparently about the entries of people like Lady Blanchefleur into Poland, or whatever Dark Mages and demons are all hiding around in France. Yeah, did you know that there were demons hanging around Strasbourg?” he inquired, putting his hands on his hips and leaning forward to address Eliza. “Seems funny that they only seem to care about Mana entering the city when it’s two specific people? I’d imagine they’d all be congregating and trying to figure how to stop whatever is summoning said demons, which was not our doing,” he reasoned.

Rabbit nodded, having not thought about Michel’s line-of-thought. Lady Blanchefleur was not only a Dark Mage, but a Black Mage, one who interacted with demons and summoned them. “She had summoned them in quite a few places in France, actually...like the fortress we tried to protect from her a couple weeks ago. And then she has demons as far as Strasbourg?...That would be far more of a cause for concern. And what did the Fae think about that horrid explosion in Norway? It’s quite likely Lady Blanchefleur killed the members of House Rise who were there. Where were the Fae then?” he added.
Eliza's eyelids grew closer, looking at Rabbit, "Hmm... I have seen enough of The Witch, Blanchefleur, to know to stay away from her. If possible, for an eternity. The fae that reside in the mundane world are peaceful. They know to stay as far away from her as possible.

"But. This hasn't meant they left the mundane world entirely. Many of them have become refugees to the violence around them. That is why so many have tried to build home in Bucharest. This city was a hopeful home. They wished the war wouldn't come here.

"If the Seelie and Unseelie courts do seek to take action, it will be measured. But my purpose here is to investigate the petty conflicts that have arisen in this city. Such as why you have entered this city. This city is caught in a gang war, but the faeries believe this was not any internal conflict, but some outside force. And then you enter. Of course they would be concerned," Eliza says, her furled brow easing in tension. Her tail began to wag again.

"So you tell me you are here to stop some terrible evil from entering this world, yes? Why should I believe you? You could be here to stir even more conflict into this city."
Last edited by Saleon on Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:04 pm

The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:“That, I’m afraid, is not your business. We do not seek to harm the Mundanes or any Mages who are wishing to mind their own business. But we are hoping to stop a dark force before it possibly unleashes a terrible evil into the world,” Rabbit explained, his voice becoming deadly soft as he addressed her.

Eliza's eyelids grew closer, looking at Rabbit, "Hmm... I have seen enough of The Witch, Blanchefleur, to know to stay away from her. If possible, for an eternity. The fae that reside in the mundane world are peaceful. They know to stay as far away from her as possible.

"But. This hasn't meant they left the mundane world entirely. Many of them have become refugees to the violence around them. That is why so many have tried to build home in Bucharest. This city was a hopeful home. They wished the war wouldn't come here.

"If the Seelie and Unseelie courts do seek to take action, it will be measured. But my purpose here is to investigate the petty conflicts that have arisen in this city. Such as why you have entered this city. This city is caught in a gang war, but the faeries believe this was not any internal conflict, but some outside force. And then you enter. Of course they would be concerned," Eliza says, her furled brow easing in tension. Her tail began to wag again.

"So you tell me you are here to stop some terrible evil from entering this world, yes? Why should I believe you? You could be here to stir even more conflict into this city."

Michel and Rabbit gave each other a look of annoyance, not at each other but aimed toward Eliza. Something about her words simply did not right correctly in their ears, and the way her tail flicked back and forth so casually just seemed to indicate an ulterior motive. Yet neither man had enough proof that she was an aggressor, only an irritation, like a scab. And as with a scab, they would pick at her until she revealed the festering wound underneath.

Oddly enough, Bucharest was a city with few conflicts related to Magic. Even as a part of the USSR and its conflicts at one point, Romania was still a country of legends and mystique, and even its largest city still sheltered many of those fairytales safely from a quickly-modernizing Europe. Romania would indeed be a good and hopeful home for many spirits, except that they seemed to care only when Michel and Rabbit entered, and not when Catherine had entered most recently, apparently. Rabbit wondered if this girl knew as much about the old magic as she suggested, while Michel was curious of her knowledge of Blanchefleur. After all, the girl had admitted that she knew of the Head of House Rise. Whether that knowledge was anecdotal or personal was a question that sprouted sharply in his mind as he listened to her. "...Alright, so...what exactly do you know about Lady Blanchefleur that has drawn you to that conclusion? What have the Fae told you?" he inquired. "And do you know anything of her plans for attacking the Fae? She'd probably know if they were after her, after all."

Rabbit continued his stone-like stance in front of Eliza, unimpressed by her casual demeanor as she stated that she wished to follow them. "That same evil that we are telling you about anyway entered here possibly a day or two ago, and is planning to unleash a hidden evil here in Bucharest. And you are saying that the Fae never took notice of them, but only of us? If I told you the legend of the Obsidian Towers, which the Fae and all the old beings would know of quite well, you would agree that they are far more evil than I. And even if we were evil, we have not done anything in this city which would cause for the Fae to act. We have only been here since morning, and we were shopping in a department store for winter clothes. We both came...unprepared for the chilly weather. So now that we have established an alibi...would you care to listen to the legend, after explaining how you know so much of Lady Blanchefleur Rise?" He released his folded arms, but under his sleeves his fingers curled and uncurled, as though he was deciding on a spell to use. He was aching to get this girl away from him, if possible without causing much of a disturbance. Yet she was bright and springy, and obnoxious. She would make such a task far too difficult in such an open place as a rooftop in broad daylight.
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Eliza Hartford
The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:Eliza's eyelids grew closer, looking at Rabbit, "Hmm... I have seen enough of The Witch, Blanchefleur, to know to stay away from her. If possible, for an eternity. The fae that reside in the mundane world are peaceful. They know to stay as far away from her as possible.

Michel and Rabbit gave each other a look of annoyance, not at each other but aimed toward Eliza. Something about her words simply did not right correctly in their ears, and the way her tail flicked back and forth so casually just seemed to indicate an ulterior motive. Yet neither man had enough proof that she was an aggressor, only an irritation, like a scab. And as with a scab, they would pick at her until she revealed the festering wound underneath.

Oddly enough, Bucharest was a city with few conflicts related to Magic. Even as a part of the USSR and its conflicts at one point, Romania was still a country of legends and mystique, and even its largest city still sheltered many of those fairytales safely from a quickly-modernizing Europe. Romania would indeed be a good and hopeful home for many spirits, except that they seemed to care only when Michel and Rabbit entered, and not when Catherine had entered most recently, apparently. Rabbit wondered if this girl knew as much about the old magic as she suggested, while Michel was curious of her knowledge of Blanchefleur. After all, the girl had admitted that she knew of the Head of House Rise. Whether that knowledge was anecdotal or personal was a question that sprouted sharply in his mind as he listened to her. "...Alright, so...what exactly do you know about Lady Blanchefleur that has drawn you to that conclusion? What have the Fae told you?" he inquired. "And do you know anything of her plans for attacking the Fae? She'd probably know if they were after her, after all."

Rabbit continued his stone-like stance in front of Eliza, unimpressed by her casual demeanor as she stated that she wished to follow them. "That same evil that we are telling you about anyway entered here possibly a day or two ago, and is planning to unleash a hidden evil here in Bucharest. And you are saying that the Fae never took notice of them, but only of us? If I told you the legend of the Obsidian Towers, which the Fae and all the old beings would know of quite well, you would agree that they are far more evil than I. And even if we were evil, we have not done anything in this city which would cause for the Fae to act. We have only been here since morning, and we were shopping in a department store for winter clothes. We both came...unprepared for the chilly weather. So now that we have established an alibi...would you care to listen to the legend, after explaining how you know so much of Lady Blanchefleur Rise?" He released his folded arms, but under his sleeves his fingers curled and uncurled, as though he was deciding on a spell to use. He was aching to get this girl away from him, if possible without causing much of a disturbance. Yet she was bright and springy, and obnoxious. She would make such a task far too difficult in such an open place as a rooftop in broad daylight.
Eliza looked at Michel, "her war has been in motion for years. Even before the... tournament... she had been looking to eliminate her enemies. I'm quite sure none of you have heard of the Hartford Family. It was minor and mostly stayed out of wars. Until Rise began dabbling in such accursed magic. Now, they have vanished. As much as anyone knows, there were no survivors. That is all you need to know about me.

As for the fae, they are wary of her. Beyond words. From my understanding, she is the North Korea of the fae worlds. They stay away and hope that is the best. But also worry of her actions."

Her tail had lowered. Her words seemed to be filled with spite or dread, maybe a mix of both.

She then picked up a bit, "so what is it about these Obsidian Towers that makes you assume they are here? The Triad has been ongoing for years, from my understanding, if there was something as dangerous as you say, they would have found it. They control the flow of information in and out of this city."

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:37 pm

The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:Michel and Rabbit gave each other a look of annoyance, not at each other but aimed toward Eliza. Something about her words simply did not right correctly in their ears, and the way her tail flicked back and forth so casually just seemed to indicate an ulterior motive. Yet neither man had enough proof that she was an aggressor, only an irritation, like a scab. And as with a scab, they would pick at her until she revealed the festering wound underneath.

Eliza looked at Michel, "her war has been in motion for years. Even before the... tournament... she had been looking to eliminate her enemies. I'm quite sure none of you have heard of the Hartford Family. It was minor and mostly stayed out of wars. Until Rise began dabbling in such accursed magic. Now, they have vanished. As much as anyone knows, there were no survivors. That is all you need to know about me.

As for the fae, they are wary of her. Beyond words. From my understanding, she is the North Korea of the fae worlds. They stay away and hope that is the best. But also worry of her actions."

Her tail had lowered. Her words seemed to be filled with spite or dread, maybe a mix of both.

She then picked up a bit, "so what is it about these Obsidian Towers that makes you assume they are here? The Triad has been ongoing for years, from my understanding, if there was something as dangerous as you say, they would have found it. They control the flow of information in and out of this city."

"The legend says they are here," Rabbit explained, before he also dug through the bag Michel had bought, looking for the note in his kimono's pocket. When he grabbed it, he held it up. "We also have proof that someone is here to activate them. I was given a note that specifically told me to come to Bucharest. From someone I know quite well. I have every reason to fear that they are attempting to contact Dark Magic, the likes of which you have never seen in your short existence," he warned her. Putting the note away as soon as he showed it-he did not wish for Eliza to see the name written on it, not now-he continued while still hiding his hands in the sleeves of his cardigan. "Whatever 'Triad' you speak of would not be trained to handle such Black Arts as these. Think of the Chernobyl plants, but with Black Magic instead of radiation. Should their power be released, all of Europe will be poisoned. Nothing you or any gangsters could try to do would be able to contain the power, and it would spark an international emergency which would send billions of people into anarchy and chaos. That is why I am here. It is a risk. We may be being mislead, possibly not. But I do not have time to talk and to plead my case to you. I am terribly sorry." He had softened his tone just slightly, as she had told him of the tragedy that had struck her family. He had not heard much of the Hartford family, possibly because they had been dead now for some time, and Eliza was the last survivor. "If I were you, I would stay far away from whatever may be coming. My companion and I will be walking into a very dangerous situation, and one that is very delicate as well. I do not wish for there to be any more injured or dead than there may have to be."
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Eliza Hartford
The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:Eliza looked at Michel, "her war has been in motion for years. Even before the... tournament... she had been looking to eliminate her enemies. I'm quite sure none of you have heard of the Hartford Family. It was minor and mostly stayed out of wars. Until Rise began dabbling in such accursed magic. Now, they have vanished. As much as anyone knows, there were no survivors. That is all you need to know about me.

"The legend says they are here," Rabbit explained, before he also dug through the bag Michel had bought, looking for the note in his kimono's pocket. When he grabbed it, he held it up. "We also have proof that someone is here to activate them. I was given a note that specifically told me to come to Bucharest. From someone I know quite well. I have every reason to fear that they are attempting to contact Dark Magic, the likes of which you have never seen in your short existence," he warned her. Putting the note away as soon as he showed it-he did not wish for Eliza to see the name written on it, not now-he continued while still hiding his hands in the sleeves of his cardigan. "Whatever 'Triad' you speak of would not be trained to handle such Black Arts as these. Think of the Chernobyl plants, but with Black Magic instead of radiation. Should their power be released, all of Europe will be poisoned. Nothing you or any gangsters could try to do would be able to contain the power, and it would spark an international emergency which would send billions of people into anarchy and chaos. That is why I am here. It is a risk. We may be being mislead, possibly not. But I do not have time to talk and to plead my case to you. I am terribly sorry." He had softened his tone just slightly, as she had told him of the tragedy that had struck her family. He had not heard much of the Hartford family, possibly because they had been dead now for some time, and Eliza was the last survivor. "If I were you, I would stay far away from whatever may be coming. My companion and I will be walking into a very dangerous situation, and one that is very delicate as well. I do not wish for there to be any more injured or dead than there may have to be."
Eliza stood up, her tail seeming to animate a bit more, she jumps forwards a bit, "well, you have not made your case well for me to leave you two alone."

She walks over, "an unending evil that could threaten all the fae on the continent? And you guys have a good lead where it is? If what you say is true, I have even more reason to follow, err, team up with you. I don't want the fae to suffer any unearthly horror."

"Now, I am sorry for the rude introduction. My name is Eliza. I am a mage who specializes in fae magic and negotiating with and for the same fae. I do not distinguish between Seelie and Unseelies when working with them," She curtsies, "from the way you have phrased all of this, it seems our interests intersect."

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:57 pm

The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:"The legend says they are here," Rabbit explained, before he also dug through the bag Michel had bought, looking for the note in his kimono's pocket. When he grabbed it, he held it up. "We also have proof that someone is here to activate them. I was given a note that specifically told me to come to Bucharest. From someone I know quite well. I have every reason to fear that they are attempting to contact Dark Magic, the likes of which you have never seen in your short existence," he warned her. Putting the note away as soon as he showed it-he did not wish for Eliza to see the name written on it, not now-he continued while still hiding his hands in the sleeves of his cardigan. "Whatever 'Triad' you speak of would not be trained to handle such Black Arts as these. Think of the Chernobyl plants, but with Black Magic instead of radiation. Should their power be released, all of Europe will be poisoned. Nothing you or any gangsters could try to do would be able to contain the power, and it would spark an international emergency which would send billions of people into anarchy and chaos. That is why I am here. It is a risk. We may be being mislead, possibly not. But I do not have time to talk and to plead my case to you. I am terribly sorry." He had softened his tone just slightly, as she had told him of the tragedy that had struck her family. He had not heard much of the Hartford family, possibly because they had been dead now for some time, and Eliza was the last survivor. "If I were you, I would stay far away from whatever may be coming. My companion and I will be walking into a very dangerous situation, and one that is very delicate as well. I do not wish for there to be any more injured or dead than there may have to be."
Eliza stood up, her tail seeming to animate a bit more, she jumps forwards a bit, "well, you have not made your case well for me to leave you two alone."

She walks over, "an unending evil that could threaten all the fae on the continent? And you guys have a good lead where it is? If what you say is true, I have even more reason to follow, err, team up with you. I don't want the fae to suffer any unearthly horror."

"Now, I am sorry for the rude introduction. My name is Eliza. I am a mage who specializes in fae magic and negotiating with and for the same fae. I do not distinguish between Seelie and Unseelies when working with them," She curtsies, "from the way you have phrased all of this, it seems our interests intersect."

“...No, they don’t...” Michel muttered, taking a step forward and taking a deep breath. She really, desperately wanted to be involved in their business, even if he doubted she had the skills to keep-up with them. The last thing he wanted to do was to babysit a young girl who was not his niece, or something with animal-ears that was not Chloe. “...You see, we know it’s in this city...but we don’t quite know where. We’re sorry that you lost your family, but what would help a lot more is if you got the Fae, told them what was happening, and THEN came to help. Because the Fae Courts, who should know about this, will be a great help, and...Rabbit?”

He turned to Rabbit as he saw the side of his mouth twitch. The Dark Mana Being’s face had been like stone for some time, but now he seemed to have an idea. He never quite gave a smile, but Michel knew that spark of mischief. Before he could stop his partner, Rabbit held out his hand. “...Well then, Eliza...I explained myself quite well...but I am afraid that you are not going to judge me. Plenty of greater men have done so...and they are the ones I fear...” An orb of water formed in his hand, whirling quickly enough to shear through skin. He motioned for Michel to step back, and threw the orb of water to the roof. The difference in the temperature of the air and the water formed a large mist-cloud, thick and icy-white.

Before Michel could question what Rabbit was doing, the Dark Mana Being had run in the other direction, leaping off the roof before he could be seen. Michel followed, both befuddled and exhilarated by what Rabbit had done. “You really made a smoke-bomb out of water?! You know this isn’t a ninja movie right?!” he yelled.

Rabbit did not immediately answer, but as soon as they were far enough away he grabbed Michel and dragged him into a restaurant to hide. They only got a couple of confused eyes, but neither of them cared. The former stared at the latter as he caught his breath, and he shook his head. “...I don’t trust her. I don’t...She asked too many questions and...insisted on...following us. You know how that can end...” he whispered.

“Yeah, well...we’re also going in the wrong direction, if we want to catch your student...Guess we’re gonna just wait here and hope she doesn’t find us? Not like you could get away with another ‘mist-bomb’ in a restaurant...”

“There’s always ways to get rid of unwanted attention, you know that...” Rabbit gave Michel a smirk, and the latter chuckled as he thought of something. “...Running from a kid. Geez, it sounds horrible...but you never know these days I guess...” he breathed, as he sat down on a bench by the inside entrance.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:59 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

As the blood flowing from Catherine started to move, forming a hemisphere around her ready to block the fumes rolling towards her. It didn't need to capture the entirety of the blast, as Fier jumped in the way, wings spread to catch the full force of the blast herself. It was exactly the wrong attack to use on the dragon, the corroding necrotic power didn't hurt, but empowered Fier's undead body. With a burst of strength she lunged forward, teeth snapping at Lucia as she pushed the skeletal dragon back towards the orb of nothing still hungrily gobbling down the air and ash from the area.

Catherine also took the chance to attack. The blood in the shotgun slugs though stopped from hitting Lucia directly, were strewn about the ground and embedding in the skeleton. Now Catherine put them to use. The blood turned into needles, shooting out through the dragon, punching through the bone and lancing towards Lucia. The needles were thin as hairs, but impossibly hard. The wounds they would leave wouldn't do much on their own, but they limited the skeleton's movement, and if they reached Lucia's body they could be the source for more spells attacking her directly.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:51 pm

Król Dariusz

"Hmm, yes I suppose this will do. I doubt any further cooperation will have to wait until things have settled down. I can hardly expect you to trust me after just meeting, nor should I expect this institution to do so. I hope I haven't caused that young girl to much trouble, but if she continues to deny what she has become nothing good will come of it. How long do you think she could stay sane and in control with out acknowledging what she is?"

Król backed away a bit, ready to leave.

"I do honestly hope to build positive ties with your school and with it's students. They are already, or will come to have power and influence. I would be a fool to make an enemy of you all. Is there anything I can do now to show my good will?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Król Dariusz

"Hmm, yes I suppose this will do. I doubt any further cooperation will have to wait until things have settled down. I can hardly expect you to trust me after just meeting, nor should I expect this institution to do so. I hope I haven't caused that young girl to much trouble, but if she continues to deny what she has become nothing good will come of it. How long do you think she could stay sane and in control with out acknowledging what she is?"

Król backed away a bit, ready to leave.

"I do honestly hope to build positive ties with your school and with it's students. They are already, or will come to have power and influence. I would be a fool to make an enemy of you all. Is there anything I can do now to show my good will?"

John nodded, not wanting to cause any more bad blood between the lich and himself. "I imagine that dealing with Lady Blanchefleur has divided your attention away from...pretty much everything else, so I understand..." he answered. Certainly Mana would not trust him for now, but at least the lich seemed willing to try and build the foundations of a bridge between himself and the school. Whether that would mean danger or a powerful ally was to be seen, but now John was willing to give Krol the benefit of a doubt. He adjusted his jacket and scarf, and also thought about Krol's words regarding Ambrosia. "...We've done everything we can, so far, to make sure she lives in a safe and suitable environment. But...I have to say vampire magic is not a specialty of mine. We'll find a way to help her. I don't know if...that inspires any confidence in you, but what we don't know we can learn. And I won't let her hurt herself or anyone else," he replied. Realizing that he sounded a little more aggressive than necessary, he added, "...If you want to show your good will, though...what can we do for her that will help her handle her powers?...Or...if possible...do you have a cure of some sort for her condition?"
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Król Dariusz

Król was silent for a few moments more. That would have to be the request. They couldn't just ask to borrow some books or magical artifacts. But they had to ask for this.

"I was alive when the Sanguine bound the loyal vampires. I was alive when they disappeared. But I haven't been able to study or examine the magics. They are strong however, I know that much. The sanguine took that natural blight of the blood and bent it to their will. It's more than a curse, more than a magical disease, it's something else. There might be a source for that power, but I am bound my my oaths to another that prevent me from revealing any of what I know about that. There are rumors for cures for natural vampires, but for the Sanguine Loyalists, I don't know. I would also very much not recommend seeking any living natural or rebel sanguine vampires."

Król was silent agian, before relenting and giving more answers to the obviously still unsatisfied teacher.

"I have theorized my own method to 'cure' the condition, but the cost would be high. The girls body, the life of at least one other person. Even that would not give her back a normal human life. Her condition is not one I can be of much help with."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:50 am

Lucia Dracor
The Lucia Family Winery
Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

As the blood flowing from Catherine started to move, forming a hemisphere around her ready to block the fumes rolling towards her. It didn't need to capture the entirety of the blast, as Fier jumped in the way, wings spread to catch the full force of the blast herself. It was exactly the wrong attack to use on the dragon, the corroding necrotic power didn't hurt, but empowered Fier's undead body. With a burst of strength she lunged forward, teeth snapping at Lucia as she pushed the skeletal dragon back towards the orb of nothing still hungrily gobbling down the air and ash from the area.

Catherine also took the chance to attack. The blood in the shotgun slugs though stopped from hitting Lucia directly, were strewn about the ground and embedding in the skeleton. Now Catherine put them to use. The blood turned into needles, shooting out through the dragon, punching through the bone and lancing towards Lucia. The needles were thin as hairs, but impossibly hard. The wounds they would leave wouldn't do much on their own, but they limited the skeleton's movement, and if they reached Lucia's body they could be the source for more spells attacking her directly.
Lucia looked towards Fier, wondering when this turned into pathfinder rules. She grumbled, hopping from the dragon, appearing in between Fier and Catherine, "I would ask you leave at least a portion of my villa intact? The siding was just renovated." The magical circuitry in her armor had changed back to glowing blue, forming a barrier surrounding her once again.

She saw as the thin red beads turned into needles and began to pierce all around the dragon and towards Lucia. It was an ugly and almost disgusting spell. Fortunately, the barrier would cause the red needles to almost cinder and repel off. She was now standing between Fier and Catherine. As she was blocking the needles, she summons a large fireball and shoots it from her left finger. The spell is pretty simplistic and might be described as more of a peppershot than the amount of mana required for the dragon's breath of decay.

Her barriers seem to be a combination of multiple magical spells and circles without as clear an origin as one would expect. The other issue is the complexity of the spells itself. The spells that seem to make up her barriers, if Catherine is keen enough on reading auras, would usually require longer rituals, verbal and somatic components, and a caster to mostly be stationary throughout.

On the outer rim of the winery is a cadre of close allies with the Dracor family. They set forth to cordon off the area. The required mana necessary to provide a barrier would probably be noticeable. The Dracor family had a semi-powerful barrier in place to keep out mundanes, but the devastation and violence required some level of precautions. The would work to reinforce the barrier and provide an illusory image of the vineyard as intact and undamaged, so as to not attract the unwanted attention of police or authorities. To magicals, the barrier would have a very distinct purple aura as it begins to envelop the area. It would also make sure to avoid any deadly magic spilling out of the field.

It would take roughly 15 minutes for the whole barrier to be complete and for 3 extra rings to be built on the currently existing barrier spell.
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:31 am

Eliza Hartford
The Streets of Bucharest
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:Eliza stood up, her tail seeming to animate a bit more, she jumps forwards a bit, "well, you have not made your case well for me to leave you two alone."

“...No, they don’t...” Michel muttered, taking a step forward and taking a deep breath. She really, desperately wanted to be involved in their business, even if he doubted she had the skills to keep-up with them. The last thing he wanted to do was to babysit a young girl who was not his niece, or something with animal-ears that was not Chloe. “...You see, we know it’s in this city...but we don’t quite know where. We’re sorry that you lost your family, but what would help a lot more is if you got the Fae, told them what was happening, and THEN came to help. Because the Fae Courts, who should know about this, will be a great help, and...Rabbit?”

He turned to Rabbit as he saw the side of his mouth twitch. The Dark Mana Being’s face had been like stone for some time, but now he seemed to have an idea. He never quite gave a smile, but Michel knew that spark of mischief. Before he could stop his partner, Rabbit held out his hand. “...Well then, Eliza...I explained myself quite well...but I am afraid that you are not going to judge me. Plenty of greater men have done so...and they are the ones I fear...” An orb of water formed in his hand, whirling quickly enough to shear through skin. He motioned for Michel to step back, and threw the orb of water to the roof. The difference in the temperature of the air and the water formed a large mist-cloud, thick and icy-white.

Before Michel could question what Rabbit was doing, the Dark Mana Being had run in the other direction, leaping off the roof before he could be seen. Michel followed, both befuddled and exhilarated by what Rabbit had done. “You really made a smoke-bomb out of water?! You know this isn’t a ninja movie right?!” he yelled.

Rabbit did not immediately answer, but as soon as they were far enough away he grabbed Michel and dragged him into a restaurant to hide. They only got a couple of confused eyes, but neither of them cared. The former stared at the latter as he caught his breath, and he shook his head. “...I don’t trust her. I don’t...She asked too many questions and...insisted on...following us. You know how that can end...” he whispered.

“Yeah, well...we’re also going in the wrong direction, if we want to catch your student...Guess we’re gonna just wait here and hope she doesn’t find us? Not like you could get away with another ‘mist-bomb’ in a restaurant...”

“There’s always ways to get rid of unwanted attention, you know that...” Rabbit gave Michel a smirk, and the latter chuckled as he thought of something. “...Running from a kid. Geez, it sounds horrible...but you never know these days I guess...” he breathed, as he sat down on a bench by the inside entrance.
Eliza grumbled a bit as she saw Rabbit and Michel attempt to escape from her grasp like cowards. At some level, their response seemed reasonable, but it did lead to complications. While her original goal was to take Michel, observe or kill him, she had learned of a potential threat to the magical faeries that reside in Bucharest. It did change her prerogatives a bit.

She assessed the situation. They would either be rushing towards their "objective" or attempting to hide long enough to throw the fox-girl off their scent. Unfortunately, that was easier said than done within such a fae-heavy city. It was easier said than done in any city, as fae were quite total in their coverage. From house and trickster fae, they weren't types to simply be thrust out of their natural environment as cities were built around them. They continued to spread and find hidden areas, whether alleys or inside the walls of homes our restaurants.

She calls out to Rene.

Rene has been looking at a number of shell companies that the Triad worked to maintain. The patterns of violence were tactical and well-planned, but vicious.

He then hears as Eliza calls for him

"Yes, Eliza?"

"I need two things."

"Always needy," Rene jokes.

"If I get you our target's magical signatures, can you run a sweep of the area? I'm sure Brownies can identify them with ease."

"If you can cut the right deal, the Brownies and Troopers should be well-equipped for the job. Have you already lost your targets?"

"Very funny. Second, apparently they are trying to avoid something big from occurring within the city. Is it possible you could contact the local Autumn and Winter Courts? They may need to be ready in case this turns sour."

Rene pauses for a second, examining some strewn apart records, "to the point you feel like calling on the courts? I rarely see you going that far. And what should I tell them?"

Eliza looked around a bit, "Our mystery client messing up the Triad seems to be after something called the Obsidian Towers. From the sounds of it, we have more to do in this city than simply observing Michael and reporting anything."

"... well, if it is serious enough for you to warn the councils of the courts... I will see to it quickly." Rene spots a lone squirrel roaming the streets of the city.

After writing a message to the courts, he calls over the squirrel, "to the Winter and Autumnal Councils. Both, please. Posthaste. Do not let any other soul see them."

Eliza then sat hopped across the rooftops until she found a bird standing at the roof. She walked over, carefully calling it as she held out small cookies made from a favorite of fae creatures. She sits there, waiting for it to move closer.

As the bird comes over to eat the cookies, a voice begins to bellow on the roof, "what do you seek, feytouched?"

"I have a bit of an emergency. Is it possible to locate a few people for me? It needs to be very carefully done."

"And why should we troopers and brownies assist you?"

"I believe these individuals know more about the in-fighting that has been going on in the city. I ask for your assistance in hopes of stopping the violence and for any other consequences. They speak as if these miniature wars could flare up into something far more threatening for fae."

"Hmmm..... so be it. we may call on you for a further request. Daring to invite us into your petty human conflicts."

"I appreciate your fellowship. My apologies for involving you all in this."
Last edited by Saleon on Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:47 am

Król was silent for a few moments more. That would have to be the request. They couldn't just ask to borrow some books or magical artifacts. But they had to ask for this.

"I was alive when the Sanguine bound the loyal vampires. I was alive when they disappeared. But I haven't been able to study or examine the magics. They are strong however, I know that much. The sanguine took that natural blight of the blood and bent it to their will. It's more than a curse, more than a magical disease, it's something else. There might be a source for that power, but I am bound my my oaths to another that prevent me from revealing any of what I know about that. There are rumors for cures for natural vampires, but for the Sanguine Loyalists, I don't know. I would also very much not recommend seeking any living natural or rebel sanguine vampires."

Król was silent agian, before relenting and giving more answers to the obviously still unsatisfied teacher.

"I have theorized my own method to 'cure' the condition, but the cost would be high. The girls body, the life of at least one other person. Even that would not give her back a normal human life. Her condition is not one I can be of much help with."

The life of at least one other person. Dark Magic to cure Dark Magic. John now visibly shuddered. He could not imagine performing such a ritual, and yet he did not know any other possible ways to solve the problem. He would have to research. Yet if a powerful lich did not have the answers, then he doubted he would be able to find them. A worried shadow fell over his brows. "...What an absolute mess...I can't possibly do that...Sacrifice someone...There's got to be another way..." he muttered. He took a look at Krol, and at the forlorn expression etched into his skull. Not only was his own research inadequate, but he was also unable to tell the secrets that he already knew. A source more powerful than him had sealed him and had kept him from speaking some truth. But how?...How could something...control a lich?...Some evil...being? A demon? He decided not to think about it for now. Now, he just needed to think of some other way Krol could help him. "...I apologize...for asking something of you that you can't perform. But if...well...if you can't break the curse, then can you perhaps give me some information...or give Ambrosia some information...of what you do know about vampires? After all, you commented on her needing to control her powers. Why don't you tell her how to do so? Of course, I'm not letting you onto the island. I can send a guard to bring Ambrosia here." He nodded to a guard, who would run to go find her. "...You might be generous in bringing Hailey back, but that doesn't exactly mean we're friends."
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:39 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine's own defensive wards reacted, a burning feeling in her left shoulder as the mana jumped to action. A shield of blood jumped in front of the fire blast. Catherine had been clever, placing most of her warding blood tattoo on her left should, where her own flesh met the arm granted by Erebus. She could use the heat of the ward activating to counter the cold of Erebus stealing the energy from her body. Her blood shield failed, and a wave of heat rushed towards her. But Catherine met it with her own blast of black Fire. This was old, unknown magic, Catherine hoped it would confound what ever defenses her foe had produced.

Taking a quick moment as her attack consumed Lucia's attention, Catherine surveyed the battlefield. Fier had taken a Decisive advantage over the skeletal dragon, more and more of it being eaten away as she repeatedly forced it into the shrinking ball of nothing. Catherine smiled as she noticed the other change. A barrier was being reinforced around the villa, and she could see some of the figures powering it. If they weren't with Lucia fighting her, then they likely couldn't stand up to the fight. Now they would become worse than useless. They would be resources for Catherine to use. Catherine gave Lucia a slight bow with her smile as she fell backwards into the shadows.

In a blink she arrived at the first of the weaker mages powering the barrier, and breath late opened his throat with a slicing whip of her blood. His own blood was ripped from his body, floating into a sphere that Catherine 'carried' in her right hand. The same sequence of events repeated four times over. Catherine now had the materials and power she needed to take the fight to Lucia. The blood she had stolen formed into wings at her back, and a set of spider-like limbs ending in cruel serrated spikes. Newly armed, Catherine tore back across the fields. In a blaze of supernaturally fast movement, she struck at Lucia from all sides. Slashes from the spider legs and razor whips, followed by stabs and small bursts of Black Fire to capitalize on any openings the other attacks left. At the same time, Fier had finished off her match, and prowled around the duel looking for her own opening.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Finsternia
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finsternia » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Allistor Abendroth

As Ambrosia and Oliver finished the vampire girl's first feeding session, the ice chains go limp and vanished into pure mana and back into the air. Allistor would smile as Ambrosia looked at him and an invisible force would lay on her head, patting her for a job well done. "Great work there, Ambrosia. Congratulations for having your first feeding as a non violent and non lethal experience. The reason why I wanted to bind you as you feed off of Oliver is that... fledglings or new vampires tend to overfeed and drain their victims to death and it becomes a habit. I need to tell you later on about how much blood do you need to keep yourself civil and not wanting to drain someone to death. You just need to learn how much blood you need to take from somebody before they fall unconscious."

He turns towards Oliver and waves his hand. "Thanks for helping, Oliver. I never thought that divine blood would be more nourishing for vampires but the theory of greater magical volume within blood could be proven to be more... satiating to blood feeding folk." He raises his finger and points to Ambrosia and then to the wound on Oliver's wrist. "Now, for lesson number one. The first onset of vampire bites triggers a reaction wherein it hinders the body's ability to clot the wound and give a better access to the blood flow. However, it comes twofold: application of the vampire's saliva through licking the wound has a healing effect that closes the wounds over. Try it out."

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh sits in front of Soleil, quite disturbed and rather confused with what the young boy is saying. "I am not the best when it comes to oneiromancy nor in interpreting dreams but... does your family have a history of oracular dreams? Perhaps your dreams could be visions of the future or just... merely symbolic portrayals of what is to come or merely just an interpretation of your psyche." The teacher writes down a few notes on a clipboard and shouts for Cecily at the back. "Cel, please find some medicine for trance states! Soleil here has some weird dreams for quite some time and we might need to check if it's something psychological or magical in nature." He sighs and smiles at Soleil and the young boy would notice that the teacher's eyebags are quite sunken from a lack of sleep. "If you may, Soleil, we could employ dream magic to monitor your dreams today or sometime in the future when you want to call up a scheduled meeting. We can see if it's something real, if it's something heinous, or if it's something that is from your experiences. Perhaps we can help you with it and maybe help you with Shaun and Allistor who are the main proponents of these dreams."
Random stuff here. Random stuff there. Bla bla bla. Whatever I don't care.

Soon, the penguins shall rule the Earth with a cold flipper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 pm

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

As Ambrosia and Oliver finished the vampire girl's first feeding session, the ice chains go limp and vanished into pure mana and back into the air. Allistor would smile as Ambrosia looked at him and an invisible force would lay on her head, patting her for a job well done. "Great work there, Ambrosia. Congratulations for having your first feeding as a non violent and non lethal experience. The reason why I wanted to bind you as you feed off of Oliver is that... fledglings or new vampires tend to overfeed and drain their victims to death and it becomes a habit. I need to tell you later on about how much blood do you need to keep yourself civil and not wanting to drain someone to death. You just need to learn how much blood you need to take from somebody before they fall unconscious."

He turns towards Oliver and waves his hand. "Thanks for helping, Oliver. I never thought that divine blood would be more nourishing for vampires but the theory of greater magical volume within blood could be proven to be more... satiating to blood feeding folk." He raises his finger and points to Ambrosia and then to the wound on Oliver's wrist. "Now, for lesson number one. The first onset of vampire bites triggers a reaction wherein it hinders the body's ability to clot the wound and give a better access to the blood flow. However, it comes twofold: application of the vampire's saliva through licking the wound has a healing effect that closes the wounds over. Try it out."

Artosh Luxenia

Artosh sits in front of Soleil, quite disturbed and rather confused with what the young boy is saying. "I am not the best when it comes to oneiromancy nor in interpreting dreams but... does your family have a history of oracular dreams? Perhaps your dreams could be visions of the future or just... merely symbolic portrayals of what is to come or merely just an interpretation of your psyche." The teacher writes down a few notes on a clipboard and shouts for Cecily at the back. "Cel, please find some medicine for trance states! Soleil here has some weird dreams for quite some time and we might need to check if it's something psychological or magical in nature." He sighs and smiles at Soleil and the young boy would notice that the teacher's eyebags are quite sunken from a lack of sleep. "If you may, Soleil, we could employ dream magic to monitor your dreams today or sometime in the future when you want to call up a scheduled meeting. We can see if it's something real, if it's something heinous, or if it's something that is from your experiences. Perhaps we can help you with it and maybe help you with Shaun and Allistor who are the main proponents of these dreams."

Ambrosia

Allistor dropped his ice-chains, and the vampire-girl could feel his approval as he pat her on the head with his Mana. She also saw his smile, which somehow calmed her further. She had not hurt Oliver. Instead, she had done exactly what she was supposed to do, and even kept from committing a rookie error, according to the Ice Mage. She sighed. She was glad that even with her voracious appetite, she had managed to not almost kill Oliver. “I...I would appreciate...all that help...Thank you...” she muttered, nodding to him. She was grateful for her friends, for how forgiving and patient they were.

Now she had to close Oliver’s wound. She looked at the puncture-wounds in his wrist, which were still bleeding. Allistor was right, they had not clotted as they normal should clot. She almost panicked, but upon hearing his instructions, she took a deep breath and stepped toward him. She held out her tongue, almost as though she was unsure about what she was about to do, and she slowly licked his wrist with the gingerness of a person sipping a hot bowl of soup. As soon as she licked his wound, however, she was surprised to see that Allistor’s explanation rang true. The wounds healed, and she sighed. “...That...That was a little awkward. But as long as he’s okay I guess!” she muttered. She smiled to Allistor and nodded. “Thank you so much. I...I’ll make sure to bring you something for lunch, to help you feel better!” she added with haste. She then took Oliver’s arm, and hurried out of the room with him.

As she left the room, she noticed the guard staring down at her and Oliver. “...Hi?” she greeted, confused.

“Hey. Mr. Randgrizz wants you at the dock,” he ordered, “come on, this’ll be quick.”

She had no idea why he wanted her now, after she had just run from the docks, but Ambrosia sighed and clutched Oliver’s hand. The possibility remained that the cruel lich was still on the dock, and if he teased her again, she would need help. Her stomach had tied so much in knots before him. Terror struck her, and yet she desired to be brave. Thus she took her friend and hurried down to the docks with him. Sure enough, Krol was with John. She gulped, and turned to look at her teacher. “...What...is going on?...”

“...Mr. Dariusz said he has advice for you. About your condition,” John suggested. He could see her nerves, and he could only imagine what Oliver would feel seeing Krol. He angled himself so that he stood close enough between the students and the lich, so that he could be a shield if he attacked.

Ambrosia looked at Krol, and with her stomach full and her heart beating fast, she glared at him. “I got advice already from a friend! He knows about Dark Magic too, and he helped me instead of making fun of me. What do you want to tell me?” she questioned.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Finsternia wrote:Allistor Abendroth

Artosh Luxenia

Soleil

"...N-Not that I know of...If my mom...had dreams...she never told me. And...neither did my dad. I...I just recently started having these dreams in the last...couple of weeks. Demons can cause continual nightmares, but...I don't know...I don't think I'm possessed...It doesn't feel like a possession..." Soleil clutched his hair on the sides of his head, as though he was trying to cling to his fragile sanity. He did not have the answers, and neither did Artosh. Yet instead of letting the terror overwhelm him, he focused on the face of his kind teacher and nurse. He saw the black circles under Artosh's eyes, and he gulped. Perhaps he was having the same sorts of problems. "...Are you...also having bad dreams, Professor?..." he inquired, his quiet voice sounding a little more adult as he reached to comfort his teacher.

At the same time, Cecily brought the medicine, and she walked to Soleil's side. "...We could put him into a trance-state...but it's up to you, Soleil. We don't know the nature of these dreams, and we do not want to cause you more pain then you've already felt," she suggested. She frowned. Such nightmares had probably worn the boy's psyche down, and she could see for herself the small dark circles under his own eyes. The slight pinkness of his weary eyes. The way his hands shook as he clung to his hair, ready to pull it out of his head.

"...I...I want to do it. Put me under, if you want to...I...I want to know...and maybe...m-maybe if you...s-see the dreams...you will...W-We can find the answers..." He smiled at her, and then at Artosh. With this, Cecily got an IV drip and wired-up the Wind Mage, helping him to lie in a hospital bed and to relax. She then began to drip the solution through his IV, and Soleil slowly drifted to sleep. His shaking hands relaxed, and his head fell to the side. He did not even snore. As she watched him, Cecily turned to Artosh and nodded to him. "Let's see what his dreams look like."
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Król Dariusz

Król intentionally took a "step" closer to both the students and their teacher, though he completely ignored John's presence. However, as he stepped forward, a large glowing set of purple eyes opened behind him. They very carefully tracked his movements. Król didn't seem to notice their appearance, but from their angle the students and John would easily be able to see them.

"Ah, you look much more refreshed now. Why would you get the idea that I was making fun of you? I simply felt you weren't looking well. I'm sure if you ran into a teacher or one of the stronger students when you lost control from you hunger the situation could have been handled. But, I shudder to think if you had run into the gaurds... or the weaker students. How many would you kill before they stopped you? Though, to really sate yourself you should drink of someone's life blood."

Król rolled his shoulders and montion his hands in a resigned 'what can you do motion' if he had eyes, they likely would have rolled.

"Perhaps that's where we should start. Feeding. When you eat from some one, it's not the blood itself that matters. The blood acts as a carrier of sorts for the life energy that you need. It's not exactly mana, at least not in any normal form, but similar. Of course, the only way to get all of, or even most of that energy is to get all of it. Personally, I'd find my way out to one of the near by mundane towns, maybe a poor area of that... Chicago? It would be easy to find prey in a large city. While you're maturing you'd want to keep your hunger fully sated, until you could go longer with out. Granted, I don't actually know what an adequate diet would be. A few people a month, a day, a decade?"
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Król intentionally took a "step" closer to both the students and their teacher, though he completely ignored John's presence. However, as he stepped forward, a large glowing set of purple eyes opened behind him. They very carefully tracked his movements. Król didn't seem to notice their appearance, but from their angle the students and John would easily be able to see them.

"Ah, you look much more refreshed now. Why would you get the idea that I was making fun of you? I simply felt you weren't looking well. I'm sure if you ran into a teacher or one of the stronger students when you lost control from you hunger the situation could have been handled. But, I shudder to think if you had run into the gaurds... or the weaker students. How many would you kill before they stopped you? Though, to really sate yourself you should drink of someone's life blood."

Król rolled his shoulders and montion his hands in a resigned 'what can you do motion' if he had eyes, they likely would have rolled.

"Perhaps that's where we should start. Feeding. When you eat from some one, it's not the blood itself that matters. The blood acts as a carrier of sorts for the life energy that you need. It's not exactly mana, at least not in any normal form, but similar. Of course, the only way to get all of, or even most of that energy is to get all of it. Personally, I'd find my way out to one of the near by mundane towns, maybe a poor area of that... Chicago? It would be easy to find prey in a large city. While you're maturing you'd want to keep your hunger fully sated, until you could go longer with out. Granted, I don't actually know what an adequate diet would be. A few people a month, a day, a decade?"

As Ambrosia looked again at Krol, she felt a primal fear race through her, re-building her adrenaline. She knew a force far beyond her comprehension was watching her. She wondered if it would judge her further for any defiant words she said to Krol. She squeezed Oliver's wrist, tight enough that she almost broke it. "...My friends...they helped me...I bit his arm..." she explained, nodding to Oliver. He would have attention no matter what he said or did, and she hoped that Krol would not harm him. "...I drank his blood. I'm fine now...and...he said if I need him...I can go to him..."

Krol's words did ring some truth, however, when he mentioned that her friends might not always be around to save her. In that case, she would have to find a random soul to take pity on her, or she would have to go insane. Right now, she did not feel the sting of hunger, but she did not know how long she could stave away that cursed hunger between bites. Before she had bitten Oliver, she had kept it away for three months, but tasting it had changed something to her mind. She was a ticking time-bomb. She did not feel the panic now, but she knew she would feel it soon. "...I...I'll find a way I guess..." she mumbled.

She turned to Oliver and stared at him. "...A blood bank?...Do we have any blood here, in case I'm in any danger? After all, we've had to get blood for students before...I think..." she inquired. She had seen students get injured and require blood, and getting blood from a hospital in nearby Michigan would take time. She would check later. "...No matter what happens...I'm going to find a way, and I'm going to be okay," she reassured herself. She trusted her classmates to help her now, even if Krol frightened her and his warning was true.
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:02 am

Rabbit and Michel

“So now we have to find a way to end our detour of Bucharest...” Michel suggested, with a half-smirk, as he and Rabbit got seated at a table in the restaurant in which they were hiding. They had to think. This kid could possibly still be trying to find them, and they had possibly drawn attention with Rabbit’s mist-bomb.

“...Well we have not yet been served any food or drinks...this place is quite busy...” Rabbit suggested, as he eyed their surroundings. A few other people were still waiting to be seated, and the servers were hurrying around trying to reach other customers. “...Getting up and leaving is an option. Nobody will ask us where we are going...” he murmured.

Agreeing that this was a good plan of action, Michel and Rabbit rose from their tables and looked for the back door. Moving past the servers, the platters of food, and the crowds, they found the back door. While they were moving, Rabbit felt a magical presence of...some kind...still watching them. His eyes turned toward the air just as he opened the door.

“Stop getting distracted! People are going to think you’re paranoid,” Michel hissed, before tugging Rabbit’s arm and pulling him out the door with him. Standing in the dank, dark alley behind the restaurant, they recalled their location and began to try and circle around the path they had been previously taking. Trekking through the city’s alleys cause for both men to alert themselves, and Rabbit was even more tense with every quiet moment that passed.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse