NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy: Beyond Borders OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Tue May 21, 2019 12:58 pm

I've noticed that the word Beyond has appeared in both HH and MA, which Lumi is Op/Coops for. Coincidence!?!
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 am

What areas are still available for new houses?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri May 24, 2019 7:28 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:What areas are still available for new houses?

All houses are the same, but you can make new characters if you want!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:47 am

Forgot to save my last draft so I'll just post this here for now.
Student Application

Name: Annabelle Burgundia-Alsace VII
Appearance:

Height: 5'4 Ft
Weight: 117 lbs
House|Element: Ignis | Metal (Metallurgy)
Personality: Annabelle, or just 'Anna' as she prefers to be called, is what one could term a 'free spirit'. She's made it abundantly clear that she doesn't 'give a shit' about any of her classes, instead preferring to attend what she calls 'Magic Shop' and work on a mechanical creation of some sort.
Likes: Acts of Defiance against authority, Working at her forge, Weaponsmithing/Armorsmithing, Skipping class, Books on Weapons or Forgecraft, Telling others about the wonders of the forge, finding new ways to imbue magic into her mechanical creations.
Dislikes: The Inquisition, Having to be away from her forge, Believing birthright is more important than raw ability,
Animal: (Must be small enough to fit in your average school dorm)
Bio:
Theme: Here

Short RP Sample:
Last edited by Imperial--japan on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:00 pm

Everything changed when the Fire House attacked.

How long after the original Mana Accadamy's beginning is this?
Last edited by Raktio on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:26 pm

Raktio wrote:Everything changed when the Fire House attacked.

Depends, which original Mana do you mean? In this itineration, we’re about 4 months into the school year.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:27 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:Forgot to save my last draft so I'll just post this here for now.
Student Application

Name: Annabelle Burgundia-Alsace VII
Appearance:
Height: 5'4 Ft
Weight: 117 lbs
House|Element: Ignis | Metal (Metallurgy)
Personality: Annabelle, or just 'Anna' as she prefers to be called, is what one could term a 'free spirit'. She's made it abundantly clear that she doesn't 'give a shit' about any of her classes, instead preferring to attend what she calls 'Magic Shop' and work on a mechanical creation of some sort.
Likes: Acts of Defiance against authority, Working at her forge, Weaponsmithing/Armorsmithing, Skipping class, Books on Weapons or Forgecraft, Telling others about the wonders of the forge, finding new ways to imbue magic into her mechanical creations.
Dislikes: The Inquisition, Having to be away from her forge, Believing birthright is more important than raw ability,
Animal: (Must be small enough to fit in your average school dorm)
Bio:
Theme: Here

Short RP Sample:

I somehow completed missed this app, but add a bio and an animal and you should be good! Oh! And an RP sample!
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:35 am

Luminesa wrote:
Raktio wrote:Everything changed when the Fire House attacked.

Depends, which original Mana do you mean? In this itineration, we’re about 4 months into the school year.

This one: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=376433
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:08 am

Raktio wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Depends, which original Mana do you mean? In this itineration, we’re about 4 months into the school year.

This one: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=376433

This is just a continuation of that Mana.
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Action in the ooc? weeeeird. :P
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:11 pm

I'm going to be real, I didn't even realize we actually still had an OOC.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:46 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:I'm going to be real, I didn't even realize we actually still had an OOC.

We do! Wiland posted her App here a month ago! :D
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:52 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Chrome Legion wrote:I'm going to be real, I didn't even realize we actually still had an OOC.

We do! Wiland posted her App here a month ago! :D

Think the reliance on on discord might have some disadvantages :(
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:
Luminesa wrote:We do! Wiland posted her App here a month ago! :D

Think the reliance on on discord might have some disadvantages :(

I been messaging her, so she's not out the loop, but maybe ya'll can come say hello and introduce yourselves, so she won't be outside the loop.
-Alan Jackson

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:53 pm

Student Application

Name: Taira no Kimiko/ Kimiko Taira
Appearance: Kimiko has a slight and slim build, and unknown to most possess an irezumi on her back
Height: 5 feet 0 inchess
Weight: 95 lbs
House|Element: Venta| Wind and Shadow
Personality: On the surface, Kimiko is kind, polite, and gentle. A soft-spoken young woman, she exudes the grace and sophistication of a Japanese aristocrat. Her poise, however, belies two other aspects of her personality that Kimiko rarely lets others in on. The first is her training within her family, using her magical skills as an enforcer and assassin for her clan that has left her deeply reserved. The second is the recent gang wars that have plagued Japan, including the purges and attacks on her family that have left Kimiko deeply neurotic, if not paranoid. Ultimately, her loyalty lies with her immediate family and clan, leaving Kimiko suspicious of outsiders.
Likes: Japanese literature, especially classics,nohand poetry; history; Da-Hong Pao tea
Dislikes: Anything vulgar; mathematics; cheap tea
Animal: Ball python
Bio: The only daughter and youngest child of Taira no Matsumori, the heir to the head of the Taira Clan, Kimiko grew up in the famously close-knit main branch of one of Japan's most prestigious mage houses. Kimiko has over 40 adult first cousins, all of whom serve in major roles within the Clan and its corporation. The Taira hail from the earliest records of Japanese history, and at one time the Clan boasted an Emperor among their ranks. In the modern-day, most of the Clan are known for their role as the leaders of Taira-Kuzyru Conglomerate, a powerful corporation that focuses on digital telecommunications, micromachines, consumer electronics and hardware, and light arms. The Clan also has ties with the Yakuza, a fact of grave importance.

Kimiko, for her part, grew up in the main-branch mansion outside of Kyoto where she spent most of her youth with her grandfather and head of her Clan, Taira no Kiyomori. Kiyomori doted on Kimiko and taught her much about magic as well as the history and traditions of their clan. When she was 10, Kimiko was nearly assassinated in an attempt on her grandfather's life. From then on, the young woman was trained in the art of warfare in the Yakuza gang wars that followed and gripped Japan. Kimiko focused on fighting for her Clan, and slowly made herself known as a devoted soldier and member of her family.

This changed during a second assassination attempted, and it was decided that for her safety, Kimiko was to be sent to Europe to study magic at the Mana Academy, to both protect her from the fighting and to also help her augment her magical abilities to help her Clan.

Theme:

Short RP Sample: You know me
Last edited by Britanania on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Britanania wrote:Student Application

Appearance: Kimiko has a slight and slim build, and unknown to most possess am irezumi on her back
Personality: On the surface, Kimiko is kind, polite, and gentle. A soft-spoken young woman, she exudes the grace and sophistication of a Japanese aristocrat. Her poise, however, belies two other aspects of her personality that Kimiko rarely lets others in on. The first is her training within her family, using her magical skills as an enforcer and assassin for her clan that has left her deeply reserved. The second is the recent gang wars that have plagued Japan, including the purges and attacks on her family that have left Kimiko deeply neurotic, if not paranoid. Ultimately, her loyalty lies with her immediate family and clan, leaving Kimiko suspicious of outsiders.
Likes: Japanese literature, especially classics,nohand poetry; history; Da-Hong Pao tea
Bio: The only daughter and youngest child of Taira no Matsumori, the heir to the head of the Taira Clan, Kimiko grew up in the famously close-knit main branch of one of Japan's most prestigious mage houses. Kimiko has over 40 adult first cousins, all of whom serve in major roles within the Clan and its corporation. The Taira hail from the earliest records of Japanese history, and at one time the Clan boasted an Emperor among their ranks. In the modern-day, most of the Clan are known for their role as the leaders of Taira-Kuzyru Conglomerate, a powerful corporation that focuses on digital telecommunications, micromachines, consumer electronics and hardware, and light arms. The Clan also has ties with the Yakuza, a fact of grave importance.

Kimiko, for her part, grew up in the main-branch mansion outside of Kyoto where she spent most of her youth with her grandfather and head of her Clan, Taira no Kiyomori. Kiyomori doted on Kimiko and taught her much about magic as well as the history and traditions of their clan. When she was 10, Kimiko was nearly assassinated in an attempt on her grandfather's life. From then on, the young woman was trained in the art of warfare in the Yakuza gang wars that followed and gripped Japan. Kimiko focused on fighting for her Clan, and slowly made herself known as a devoted soldier and member of her family.

This changed during a second assassination attempted, and it was decided that for her safety, Kimiko was to be sent to America to study magic at the Mana Academy, to both protect her from the fighting and to also help her augment her magical abilities to help her Clan.

Theme:

Finished, tell me if I need to add anything
Last edited by Britanania on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Britanania wrote:
Britanania wrote:Student Application

Appearance: Kimiko has a slight and slim build, and unknown to most possess am irezumi on her back

This changed during a second assassination attempted, and it was decided that for her safety, Kimiko was to be sent to Europe to study magic at the Mana Academy, to both protect her from the fighting and to also help her augment her magical abilities to help her Clan.

Theme:

Finished, tell me if I need to add anything

Accepted! Welcome aboard!
-Alan Jackson

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:43 am

Student Application

Name: Ephraim Carhart
Age: 18 (physically, actual age is several millenia old over the course of several lives.)
Appearance: Black hair, green eyes, semi muscular, but mostly hidden under loose, comfortable clothing, itself made of a red sweater with a mobius ribbon on the back, a burgundy shirt, and loose tracksuit pants.
Height: 1M78
Weight: 95kg
House|Element: Solum | Earth manipulation
Personality: Ephraim is someone that implies a lot of things, tells a lot of stories, and is rather aloof to what most things happening around him, often found saying: "Oh, I've seen this one." or some variation of it.
He's someone that is terribly lonely, and although he feels things won't matter in the end, he still actively tries to find friends, have a family, or otherwise find company, although he knows he will likely outlive them, he'd rather fifty years of fun over several centuries of boredom.
Despite this, he is horribly afraid of dying, despite having been taken by the reaper so many times, the thought of leaving a place he might've grown attached to, tears him at the very fabric of his being; Though, unfortunately for him, Ephraim almost thrives in combat.
Likes: Calm, finding meaningful relationships, fishing, military equipment and engineering.
Dislikes: Jungles, overwhelming heat.
Animal: None.
Bio:
The life of Ephraim is an eternally repeating loop of death and reincarnation, sent through various worlds, he tries to make the best of wherever he might land, knowing all too well that this will be the only time he'll behold this particular universe.
He has gone through countless eras of peace, countless eras of war, and as such only wants one thing: A few calm centuries where he doesn't have to die, or otherwise get involved with the world beyond his immediate circle of acquaintances; Though, of course, this isn't about to happen anytime soon, as he once again appears in a world headed right for another war.

In this particular instance, Ephraim appeared as usual, ripping a hole in the fabric of space time and blew a rather sizeable hole into a rather uninhabited part of Canada a few weeks back. After some errantry around a few settlements, he figured he should strike a conversation, and found that, for once, he was in a place rather similar to the very first universe he left, and after a bit of asking around, he managed to find a map and confirm his position.
A few days later, through a weird feeling, he found himself swimming out of curiosity to an island in what he figure was one of the great lakes. Thankfully, over the course of a few hours, his endurance did not fail him, and he finally got to the shore.
When he arrived, no one was there to greet him, so he simply let himself into the facility, and looked for someone that might explain where he is.
Theme:

Short RP Sample:
I mean, I literally posted twice in the last two days.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:57 am

Accepted! Welcome back, Serah! :)
-Alan Jackson

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse