NATION

PASSWORD

~TRIBE~ Bloodlines (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

La Savant
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Fri May 03, 2019 8:52 am

UPDATE; The roster is updated. Check below the original post, if I missed anyone please let me know.
Last edited by La Savant on Fri May 03, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 9:08 am

La Savant wrote:UPDATE; The roster is updated. Check below the original post, if I missed anyone please let me know.

I do believe you missed my app last page?
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Fri May 03, 2019 9:19 am

The Mizarian Empire wrote:
La Savant wrote:UPDATE; The roster is updated. Check below the original post, if I missed anyone please let me know.

Adran Donalsen? No, chum. I added you. Your toward the lower middle.

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 9:29 am

La Savant wrote:
The Mizarian Empire wrote:

Adran Donalsen? No, chum. I added you. Your toward the lower middle.

Ah, hadn't seen an 'accepted' anywhere, apologies.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri May 03, 2019 12:12 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
No what I am saying is in the time prior to this tribe settling down he as per his biography was in training with an Old builder who adopted him and taught him carpentry and masonry between the ages of 11-19. That is a time period that proceeds the very settlement of this place when as per your words they were still nomads.What need does a carpenter fulfill for a bunch of nomads?

I can revamp it though have it so that after his parents got exiled he was taken in by another settled tribe who in turn got wiped out and he sometime when he turned say 19 around the time the tribe got settled joined said tribe. That could work sorta.

I think I have a way to fix the problem without changing my app all that much. Rather than having him be adopted by an Old Builder he instead would be adopted by an Old Craftsman skilled in working both stone and wood. Such a character would still be rather useful in a nomadic tribe things like making furniture, stone tools, and helping build the frames of the huts and the like. Instead of starting as a builder he would of evolved into a builder once the tribe settled down but started off his life as a Craftsmen. I'll get to work if your cool with that. Makes it all more consistent with the timeline and all.
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Fri May 03, 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri May 03, 2019 1:03 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:Character Full Name: Amon Son of Kuffi

Character Gender: M

Character Age: 20 years

Physical Appearance: A rather strange sort would be the term used by most, an utter alien clearly not of this land by others. Long dark red curly hair but with skin like bronze, he has a short stocky stature standing at only 5'0 but weighing an impressive 200 lbs of largely muscle, Small dark brown/black eyes with black eyebrows and a few other quirky features like his rather larger albeit flat lying ears, large jagged tooth filled mouth which is all kinds of messed up with rather prominent lips and once again a rather large both in width and length nose. Scars and occasional burns can be found due to the rather tough times he's been through along with his preferred line of work(manual labor), and a strange mutation in the form of 6 fingers on both hands. In general terms his features are vaguely of an Afro-Asiatic character of sorts and overall he is a rather solid and tough looking individual built like a wrestler or maybe a boxer in the eyes of a modern person.

Character Class/Build: Craftsmen/Builder

Short Biography: Amon son of Kuffi who by the majority is simply known as Amon. A bit of a renaissance man in terms of skills Amon is in general a craftsman/builder skilled with working with wood, stone, and rather recently with metal and would ordinarily have earned a good measure of respect and influence within the tribe if it weren't for certain factors barring such. The most important being his personality being rather known for his poor temper and ever present melancholy mood which in turn contributes to him being quite the loner. The second factor, arguably the one that caused the first, has to do with his origins. He is not from these lands being born somewhere else to another tribe of nomads or maybe farmers. He hasn't been exactly forthcoming. What is known is that his family was exiled when he was a young boy and during that time he would lose his entire family being the sole survivor. From the age of 10 till the age of 11 he was alone traveling the desert and barely surviving in the process when he was finally found by a group of hunters from the Tribe who dragged him back to their home. He was taken in by an Old Craftsman named Tizqar and his wife Ninil who during their life had been unable to have children and who with a bit of pleading were able to convince the priests to let them adopt the young Amon who admittedly during his captivity had shown some crafting skills. They figured in the end giving him to the Old Crafter they would get more use out of him. For the next 8 years of his life they raised him with Tizqar teaching him of his skills passing on his knowledge and honing the skills of the young boy named Amon who derived from another land. He learned well and picked up quickly on his lessons to the delight of the Old Craftsman named Tizqar, and even went so far as to show curiosity in in other areas like the recently discovered metal working which the builder himself was baffled by. Whatever the case all was rather well for the one known as Amon who seemed to flower under the care and tutelage of his adoptive parents learning of the customs and language of the tribe as time went by; all that is until the death of the Old Craftsman named Tizqar and soon after his wife Ninil who passed from a broken heart just a year prior to the discovery of these lands. Since then Amon entered a state all too familiar to him, loneliness, but with a slight bit of improvement in his overall condition in the form of not being homeless unlike before. Since then Amon became a family of one within the tribe living first in the former hut of his adoptive parents, working and learning and living the best he could among a people who view him still to this day as an outsider. Albeit one who has proved himself to be of tremendous use to them admittedly. Prior to the discovery of this land his principle role was in the making of tools, weapons, furniture, and in addition building the frames of the various huts which in a sense helped train him for his role upon the discovery of the promised land. That of a builder with his skills in bending and shaping wood, stone, and metal allowing him to be a tremendous boon unto his tribe in the early settlement of this land. Not much can be known about Amon's fate past this point but for now he must wait. Wait in his loneliness taking one step at a time and living day by day.

Weapons: Stone Adze, Stone Hammer

Notable Skills:
Master Wood Worker
Journeyman Stone Worker
Amateur Metal Worker

Family:
Father Kuffi, Dead
Mother Mara, Dead
Brother Gilga, Dead
Brother Bowo, Dead
Brother Sol, Dead
Sister Mina, Dead
Sister Amana, Dead
Adoptive Father Tizqar, Dead
Adoptive Mother Ninil, Dead

To the Op I hope you don't mind the edits I made to the biography. Their mostly cosmetic with little substantial change which primarily came in the form of turning the Old Builder into the Old Craftsman and the like and the further explanation of his role within society.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Fri May 03, 2019 1:19 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
Kazarogkai wrote:Character Full Name: Amon Son of Kuffi

Character Age: 20 years

Physical Appearance: A rather strange sort would be the term used by most, an utter alien clearly not of this land by others. Long dark red curly hair but with skin like bronze, he has a short stocky stature standing at only 5'0 but weighing an impressive 200 lbs of largely muscle, Small dark brown/black eyes with black eyebrows and a few other quirky features like his rather larger albeit flat lying ears, large jagged tooth filled mouth which is all kinds of messed up with rather prominent lips and once again a rather large both in width and length nose. Scars and occasional burns can be found due to the rather tough times he's been through along with his preferred line of work(manual labor), and a strange mutation in the form of 6 fingers on both hands. In general terms his features are vaguely of an Afro-Asiatic character of sorts and overall he is a rather solid and tough looking individual built like a wrestler or maybe a boxer in the eyes of a modern person.

Character Class/Build: Craftsmen/Builder

Short Biography: Amon son of Kuffi who by the majority is simply known as Amon. A bit of a renaissance man in terms of skills Amon is in general a craftsman/builder skilled with working with wood, stone, and rather recently with metal and would ordinarily have earned a good measure of respect and influence within the tribe if it weren't for certain factors barring such. The most important being his personality being rather known for his poor temper and ever present melancholy mood which in turn contributes to him being quite the loner. The second factor, arguably the one that caused the first, has to do with his origins. He is not from these lands being born somewhere else to another tribe of nomads or maybe farmers. He hasn't been exactly forthcoming. What is known is that his family was exiled when he was a young boy and during that time he would lose his entire family being the sole survivor. From the age of 10 till the age of 11 he was alone traveling the desert and barely surviving in the process when he was finally found by a group of hunters from the Tribe who dragged him back to their home. He was taken in by an Old Craftsman named Tizqar and his wife Ninil who during their life had been unable to have children and who with a bit of pleading were able to convince the priests to let them adopt the young Amon who admittedly during his captivity had shown some crafting skills. They figured in the end giving him to the Old Crafter they would get more use out of him. For the next 8 years of his life they raised him with Tizqar teaching him of his skills passing on his knowledge and honing the skills of the young boy named Amon who derived from another land. He learned well and picked up quickly on his lessons to the delight of the Old Craftsman named Tizqar, and even went so far as to show curiosity in in other areas like the recently discovered metal working which the builder himself was baffled by. Whatever the case all was rather well for the one known as Amon who seemed to flower under the care and tutelage of his adoptive parents learning of the customs and language of the tribe as time went by; all that is until the death of the Old Craftsman named Tizqar and soon after his wife Ninil who passed from a broken heart just a year prior to the discovery of these lands. Since then Amon entered a state all too familiar to him, loneliness, but with a slight bit of improvement in his overall condition in the form of not being homeless unlike before. Since then Amon became a family of one within the tribe living first in the former hut of his adoptive parents, working and learning and living the best he could among a people who view him still to this day as an outsider. Albeit one who has proved himself to be of tremendous use to them admittedly. Prior to the discovery of this land his principle role was in the making of tools, weapons, furniture, and in addition building the frames of the various huts which in a sense helped train him for his role upon the discovery of the promised land. That of a builder with his skills in bending and shaping wood, stone, and metal allowing him to be a tremendous boon unto his tribe in the early settlement of this land. Not much can be known about Amon's fate past this point but for now he must wait. Wait in his loneliness taking one step at a time and living day by day.

Weapons: Stone Adze, Stone Hammer

Notable Skills:
Master Wood Worker
Journeyman Stone Worker
Amateur Metal Worker

Family:
Father Kuffi, Dead
Mother Mara, Dead
Brother Gilga, Dead
Brother Bowo, Dead
Brother Sol, Dead
Sister Mina, Dead
Sister Amana, Dead
Adoptive Father Tizqar, Dead
Adoptive Mother Ninil, Dead

To the Op I hope you don't mind the edits I made to the biography. Their mostly cosmetic with little substantial change which primarily came in the form of turning the Old Builder into the Old Craftsman and the like and the further explanation of his role within society.

Accepted. All good here.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Fri May 03, 2019 5:16 pm

UPDATE: The IC will be released tomorrow later in the afternoon. It seems that Ancient Greece will be our winner, but I’ll leave the poll open until just prior to posting the IC.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri May 03, 2019 6:56 pm

2 questions before we continue.

1. How did they figure out farming so dang quickly? it's been a year since settlement began and by all indications they were always nomads prior to that. Hence where would they have gotten the domesticated plants/seeds to engage in such let alone the knowledge needed to engage in intensive agriculture? It just seems a little rushed is all. Based on historical developments agriculture by all indications appears to have developed after a sedentary lifestyle was adopted rather than having caused the settling in the first place. To add onto that, Sedentary living was by all indicators largely spurred on by particular regions being particularly fertile/productive for a hunter gatherer lifestyle to such a degree that people no longer had to be nomads. Think pacific northwest or Jōmon period Japan. Agriculture aka farming largely only came about due to population pressures with the population exceeding the existing carrying capacity of the region. In some places this was a rather gradual change as is the case apparently in West Africa and the Amazon region with the local populations developing forest gardening overtime; In others it appears to have been abrupt in part or due to natural disaster and the like with arguably Egypt and the middle east being ready candidates in this regard caused in part by drought and large migratory populations leading to famine and a need to develop agriculture to prevent/stave it off. But in all cases it was something that came over the course of multiple generations largely involuntary being spurred by need rather than desire by all indications.

2. Is the overall tribe organized into a single settlement or a series of settlements across the span of this valley. If the former then the population seems a little large but could be managed me thinks with some work. I do distinctively remember the native Taiwanese living in settlements equaling around 500-1000 give or take. If the latter though yes it's very possible this group would have a reasonably unified cultural, language, and religious outlook overall(think Iroquois) but like the pre-Shaka Zulu I can only imagine their going to be certain divisions between the various villages with at the minimum low level endemic warfare between the various people. Could make things rather interesting. Not only would one have to worry about outlanders from outside the valley your going to have to worry about hostile relations with other villages with only the priests being really th only ones able to travel from village to village with no hostility for the most part.

Just some thoughts.
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Fri May 03, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Fri May 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:2 questions before we continue.

1. How did they figure out farming so dang quickly? it's been a year since settlement began and by all indications they were always nomads prior to that. Hence where would they have gotten the domesticated plants/seeds to engage in such let alone the knowledge needed to engage in intensive agriculture? It just seems a little rushed is all. Based on historical developments agriculture by all indications appears to have developed after a sedentary lifestyle was adopted rather than having caused the settling in the first place. To add onto that, Sedentary living was by all indicators largely spurred on by particular regions being particularly fertile/productive for a hunter gatherer lifestyle to such a degree that people no longer had to be nomads. Think pacific northwest or Jōmon period Japan. Agriculture aka farming largely only came about due to population pressures with the population exceeding the existing carrying capacity of the region. In some places this was a rather gradual change as is the case apparently in West Africa and the Amazon region with the local populations developing forest gardening overtime; In others it appears to have been abrupt in part or due to natural disaster and the like with arguably Egypt and the middle east being ready candidates in this regard caused in part by drought and large migratory populations leading to famine and a need to develop agriculture to prevent/stave it off. But in all cases it was something that came over the course of multiple generations largely involuntary being spurred by need rather than desire by all indications.

2. Is the overall tribe organized into a single settlement or a series of settlements across the span of this valley. If the former then the population seems a little large but could be managed me thinks with some work. I do distinctively remember the native Taiwanese living in settlements equaling around 500-1000 give or take. If the latter though yes it's very possible this group would have a reasonably unified cultural, language, and religious outlook overall(think Iroquois) but like the pre-Shaka Zulu I can only imagine their going to be certain divisions between the various villages with at the minimum low level endemic warfare between the various people. Could make things rather interesting. Not only would one have to worry about outlanders from outside the valley your going to have to worry about hostile relations with other villages with only the priests being really th only ones able to travel from village to village with no hostility for the most part.

Just some thoughts.

Not OP here, but the tribe is described as being backwards in tech. It's entirely possible that they know how to farm and have seeds and stuff thanks to trading with more advanced civilizations, but up until this point merely kept farming on a scale of crops they could quickly plant and harvest during the fall before the bad cold set in. Just a thought on that.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Fri May 03, 2019 9:44 pm

Character Full Name: Kakau son of Markata

Character Age: 24

Physical Appearance: 5'8, 150lbs, Short Brown hair, short beard, Right eye is brown and left eye is green, above average build, coffee colored skin.

Character Class/Build: Scholar/Explorer

Short Biography: Kakau is the son of an outsider who came from a faraway land and many moons ago. Kakau's had is very curious about where his father and his father refuses to talk of his homeland. Growing Kakau up fared very well with the rest of the tribe took notice of his unusual eye condition. Believing that Kakau's eyes were a good omen and decided that he would be taught the ways of the wise men. For years he had trained, learning how to mend bones and what herbs are helpful. He enjoyed this trained but, while his duties as a scholar meant he should stay near the tribe. Kakau had an adventurous spirit and would go on trips to explore new lands with others. Now with the tribe settling down, Kakau has made it his focus to help the tribe in any way that he can.

Weapons: Bow and a Bronze Spear

Notable Skills: Tracking, astronomer, surveyor, skilled archer.

Family: (List, if any.)
Sibylla(Wife) - 25 - alive
Markata(Father) - 41 - dead
Kriti(Mother) - 40 - dead
Anku(Sister) - 20 - Alive
Khnem(brother) - 20 -Alive

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 am

Kazarogkai wrote:2 questions before we continue.

Just some thoughts.

1. You are correct in all points. I will say that it is a bit rushed. However, this particular valley region is extremely fertile and home to numerous flora that can be easily cultivated. I feel that within one year may been enough acceptable time. The flora were harvested, consumed, and then people began playing with the concept of planting and raising these native plant species.
I will also point out the point that The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune made; though they had not until recently attempted at farming, the tribe wasn’t totally ignorant to the concept of plant seeds, fertilization, and maintaining of crops. Part of the reason this tribe has been nomadic for so long is because they had never found a suitable or preferable land to call their own.

2. And to clarify, the tribe has erected one large “lengthy” settlement that spans the length of the valley river (not the entire length). While this is large yes, it’s just the way the tribe chose to do things (as blunt of an answer as that is). Plus the priesthood discouraged them from splintering off into separate settlements initially. (To avoid losing control over the entirety of the 2,000 people.)

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 9:58 am

Theyra wrote:Character Full Name: Kakau son of Markata

Character Age: 24

Physical Appearance: 5'8, 150lbs, Short Brown hair, short beard, Right eye is brown and left eye is green, above average build, coffee colored skin.

Character Class/Build: Scholar/Explorer

Short Biography: Kakau is the son of an outsider who came from a faraway land and many moons ago. Kakau's had is very curious about where his father and his father refuses to talk of his homeland. Growing Kakau up fared very well with the rest of the tribe took notice of his unusual eye condition. Believing that Kakau's eyes were a good omen and decided that he would be taught the ways of the wise men. For years he had trained, learning how to mend bones and what herbs are helpful. He enjoyed this trained but, while his duties as a scholar meant he should stay near the tribe. Kakau had an adventurous spirit and would go on trips to explore new lands with others. Now with the tribe settling down, Kakau has made it his focus to help the tribe in any way that he can.

Weapons: Bow and a Bronze Spear

Notable Skills: Tracking, astronomer, surveyor, skilled archer.

Family: (List, if any.)
Sibylla(Wife) - 25 - alive
Markata(Father) - 41 - dead
Kriti(Mother) - 40 - dead
Anku(Sister) - 20 - Alive
Khnem(brother) - 20 -Alive

Accepted.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 9:59 am

UPDATE: Expect the IC within the next 3-7 hours.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat May 04, 2019 10:56 am

I think I should be able to get my app finished by tomorrow.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat May 04, 2019 11:25 am

Character Full Name: Parthenia the Painter

Character Gender: (F) Female

Character Age: 27 Years Old

Physical Appearance: Parthenia is a small woman with soft features and a wide, friendly smile. She has a carefree and artistic disposition that stands out to most people. She has beeline honey-colored blonde hair and cornflower blue eyes. She has a ruler-body type and has a long scar across her thigh.

Character Class/Build: Painter

Short Biography: Parthenia is the firstborn child and daughter of Tiro the Painter. Her father was a renowned hunter for the tribe who spent his free time painting beautiful paintings on trees and mountainsides, inside caves and on the ground. As a little girl, she would oftentimes play with her brother Rizon, whom was only two years younger than she was. Rizon and her were far closer than she ever was with her brother Lyatus or the deceased Hyllus. Parthenia picked up her fathers love for colors and painting early on and she is responsible for many of the early cave-paintings and such that can still be found near the settlement.

Her fascination grew with time and she ventured further than many scouts would go to find rarer and rarer plants to be used for color in ever grander paintings. Other prospective artist died off by one means or another and she has thus become the only mature painter in the whole of the Tribe, apart from the extremely primitive shapes created by hunters and warriors from time to time. She received a nasty scar when she was 17 however, after venturing out to see a living wolf for the first time, and thus enable her to paint them. In an ironic twist, she found herself being hunted by the wolves instead. She was saved by a hunter named Aktor, who took down four wolves to save her. Aktor would go on to court her and fail because her father disapproved. Instead her father consented to him marrying her sister Galatea, and Aktor became known as "The Wolf Killer" because of his deed.

Parthenia has gone about her life without a husband. A significant problem in the eyes of her family, who see her as too independent and strong willed. Her father had been a proponent that had opposed to seeing Parthenia take a husband, but with his death and her brothers ascension to being the Patriarch of the family, things have changed. Parthenia spends most of her time outside the settlement, gathering herbs and other plants for herself and to trade with healers for food. Until very recently she didn't care to find a husband, but as she begins to close in on the age of 30, she feels lonely in her small thatch hut. She has thus become a prospective bride.

Weapons: -1x Flint Knife

Notable Skills:
-Painting
-Herb/Plant Mixing
-Sewing

Family:
-Tiro the Painter (Deceased / Father / Age 55) (Painter/Hunter)
-Auxesia (Living / Mother / Age 42)
-Rizon (Living / Younger Brother / Age 25) (Warrior)
-Cleonicus (Deceased / Younger Brother / Age 1)
-Hyllus (Deceased / Younger Brother / Age 6)
-Lyatus (Living / Younger Brother / Age 22) (Priest)
-Galatea (Living / Younger Sister / Age 16)

Rizon's Family (from his perspective)
-Theana (Living / Wife / Age 19)
-Kristos (Living / Son / Age 3)
-Thrasius (Living / Son / Age 1)
-Cylon (Living / Father-In-Law / Age 41) (Inventor/Farmer)
-Hermione (Living / Mother-In-Law / Age 39)
-Heirax (Living / Brother-In-Law / Age 18) (Farmer)

Galatea's Family (from her perspective)
-Aktor the Wolf Killer (Living / Husband / Age 32) (Warrior/Hunter)
-Unborn Child (Galatea is 8 Months Pregnant)
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Sat May 04, 2019 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Cainesland wrote:I think I should be able to get my app finished by tomorrow.

Take your time. No rush.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 12:54 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:Character Full Name: Parthenia the Painter

Character Gender: (F) Female

Character Age: 27 Years Old

Physical Appearance: Parthenia is a small woman with soft features and a wide, friendly smile. She has a carefree and artistic disposition that stands out to most people. She has beeline honey-colored blonde hair and cornflower blue eyes. She has a ruler-body type and has a long scar across her thigh.

Character Class/Build: Painter

Short Biography: Parthenia is the firstborn child and daughter of Tiro the Painter. Her father was a renowned hunter for the tribe who spent his free time painting beautiful paintings on trees and mountainsides, inside caves and on the ground. As a little girl, she would oftentimes play with her brother Rizon, whom was only two years younger than she was. Rizon and her were far closer than she ever was with her brother Lyatus or the deceased Hyllus. Parthenia picked up her fathers love for colors and painting early on and she is responsible for many of the early cave-paintings and such that can still be found near the settlement.

Her fascination grew with time and she ventured further than many scouts would go to find rarer and rarer plants to be used for color in ever grander paintings. Other prospective artist died off by one means or another and she has thus become the only mature painter in the whole of the Tribe, apart from the extremely primitive shapes created by hunters and warriors from time to time. She received a nasty scar when she was 17 however, after venturing out to see a living wolf for the first time, and thus enable her to paint them. In an ironic twist, she found herself being hunted by the wolves instead. She was saved by a hunter named Aktor, who took down four wolves to save her. Aktor would go on to court her and fail because her father disapproved. Instead her father consented to him marrying her sister Galatea, and Aktor became known as "The Wolf Killer" because of his deed.

Parthenia has gone about her life without a husband. A significant problem in the eyes of her family, who see her as too independent and strong willed. Her father had been a proponent that had opposed to seeing Parthenia take a husband, but with his death and her brothers ascension to being the Patriarch of the family, things have changed. Parthenia spends most of her time outside the settlement, gathering herbs and other plants for herself and to trade with healers for food. Until very recently she didn't care to find a husband, but as she begins to close in on the age of 30, she feels lonely in her small thatch hut. She has thus become a prospective bride.

Weapons: -1x Flint Knife

Notable Skills:
-Painting
-Herb/Plant Mixing
-Sewing

Family:
-Tiro the Painter (Deceased / Father / Age 55) (Painter/Hunter)
-Auxesia (Living / Mother / Age 42)
-Rizon (Living / Younger Brother / Age 25) (Warrior)
-Cleonicus (Deceased / Younger Brother / Age 1)
-Hyllus (Deceased / Younger Brother / Age 6)
-Lyatus (Living / Younger Brother / Age 22) (Priest)
-Galatea (Living / Younger Sister / Age 16)

Rizon's Family (from his perspective)
-Theana (Living / Wife / Age 19)
-Kristos (Living / Son / Age 3)
-Thrasius (Living / Son / Age 1)
-Cylon (Living / Father-In-Law / Age 41) (Inventor/Farmer)
-Hermione (Living / Mother-In-Law / Age 39)
-Heirax (Living / Brother-In-Law / Age 18) (Farmer)

Galatea's Family (from her perspective)
-Aktor the Wolf Killer (Living / Husband / Age 32) (Warrior/Hunter)
-Unborn Child (Galatea is 8 Months Pregnant)

Accepted.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat May 04, 2019 1:01 pm

La Savant wrote:
Cainesland wrote:I think I should be able to get my app finished by tomorrow.

Take your time. No rush.

Thank you

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 5:12 pm

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Sat May 04, 2019 5:12 pm

This looks like a great concept! I'm pretty excited. I've never done a P2TM RP before (just some NS sports,) so I'll sort of be learning how you guys do it over here on the fly, but hopefully that's all good.
Character Full Name: Agraia, son of Aris

Character Age:

Physical Appearance: Tall, with dark curly hair as you might expect to see on someone of Greek descent nowadays. Bushy eyebrows and a long nose, but a nicely trimmed beard and great cheekbones--Agraia has an open face that makes you want to trust him. Golden-brown eyes with a natural curiosity to their gaze. Not particularly muscular or buff, you can tell that Agraia is fit and in-shape from his life as a nomad: lithe might be the right word to describe him. Doesn't have as much body hair as you would think to see on a Mediterranean man. Olive skin, very tan from his life spent outdoors, with freckles on his arms.

Character Class/Build: Scout/explorer

Short Biography: Used to life as a nomad, Agraia was always at the front of the tribe whenever it came time to move on--his abilities as a scout helped him lead them across wild terrain. Yet Agraia was never in charge, never the one making the decisions; rather, he was the one giving advice to the leaders as someone who had scoped out the situation and had the experience to know how to read it. Last year, when the tribe arrived where it is now, he was one of the first to realize what a fertile valley they had found and how much potential it held.

Weapons: Sling, if allowed, plus a short bronze knife. (If the sling isn't allowed, shortbow please.)

Notable Skills: Navigational and survival skills--Agraia is exactly the kind of person you would want to have as your companion if you were lost without a map. He'll be able to find the way back the fastest and live off the land while he does. Adaptive--although he's spent his life as a nomad, Agraia is having little trouble settling in to the tribe's new way of life, constantly looking for new ways to make the most out of any situation. Inventive: where there's a will, there's a way, and Agraia has a surplus of will.

Family: His father, Aris, is still alive, but very old. Agraia also is relatively newly married to his wife, Eleni. Her parents, Panos and Adriana, are both still alive, and much younger than Aris, as they are still both middle-aged.
rəswɛsən

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 5:27 pm

Recuecn wrote:This looks like a great concept! I'm pretty excited. I've never done a P2TM RP before (just some NS sports,) so I'll sort of be learning how you guys do it over here on the fly, but hopefully that's all good.
Character Full Name: Agraia, son of Aris

Character Age:

Physical Appearance: Tall, with dark curly hair as you might expect to see on someone of Greek descent nowadays. Bushy eyebrows and a long nose, but a nicely trimmed beard and great cheekbones--Agraia has an open face that makes you want to trust him. Golden-brown eyes with a natural curiosity to their gaze. Not particularly muscular or buff, you can tell that Agraia is fit and in-shape from his life as a nomad: lithe might be the right word to describe him. Doesn't have as much body hair as you would think to see on a Mediterranean man. Olive skin, very tan from his life spent outdoors, with freckles on his arms.

Character Class/Build: Scout/explorer

Short Biography: Used to life as a nomad, Agraia was always at the front of the tribe whenever it came time to move on--his abilities as a scout helped him lead them across wild terrain. Yet Agraia was never in charge, never the one making the decisions; rather, he was the one giving advice to the leaders as someone who had scoped out the situation and had the experience to know how to read it. Last year, when the tribe arrived where it is now, he was one of the first to realize what a fertile valley they had found and how much potential it held.

Weapons: Sling, if allowed, plus a short bronze knife. (If the sling isn't allowed, shortbow please.)

Notable Skills: Navigational and survival skills--Agraia is exactly the kind of person you would want to have as your companion if you were lost without a map. He'll be able to find the way back the fastest and live off the land while he does. Adaptive--although he's spent his life as a nomad, Agraia is having little trouble settling in to the tribe's new way of life, constantly looking for new ways to make the most out of any situation. Inventive: where there's a will, there's a way, and Agraia has a surplus of will.

Family: His father, Aris, is still alive, but very old. Agraia also is relatively newly married to his wife, Eleni. Her parents, Panos and Adriana, are both still alive, and much younger than Aris, as they are still both middle-aged.

Welcome to you. Don’t worry, you’ll fit right in. As the millennial children say ,”You got this!”.

PS~the sling IS allowed. Accepted.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat May 04, 2019 5:37 pm

La Savant wrote:THE IC IS UP!; viewtopic.php?f=31&t=463960

I'll make a post in couple of hours
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Sat May 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Endem wrote:
La Savant wrote:THE IC IS UP!; viewtopic.php?f=31&t=463960

I'll make a post in couple of hours

Understood.

UPDATE: I’ve removed the poll. Early Ancient Greece won in a landslide.

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Sat May 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Posted

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse