NATION

PASSWORD

~TRIBE~ Bloodlines (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
La Savant
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

~TRIBE~ Bloodlines (OOC)

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 1:07 pm

The IC

”I have lead our people far. The gods have blessed us in our journey across the great sands. The will of our collective is unbroken, and our resolve is true. Nonetheless, we have endured our share of hardships; plague, drought, hunger, storms and more. Our flight was not easy, but we will now reap the rewards for our perseverance and faith in the heavens. We have reached the promised land, the lush realm of fruits and crystal waters given to me in my dream, the land that the divines have blessed us with. Since our arrival, I have had another vision. In this vision I saw our people. We were the masters of this land, we built a grand city, and erected wonderous monuments to the gods and as testaments of our journey. There was suffering as well, great and terrible, but we prevailed. My dreams have shown me the truth, that we will not simply endure, but prosper. It is we that will open the gateway to civilization.”

OPENING STATEMENT AND ROLEPLAY OVERVIEW

This is an RP I’ve been wanting to release for some time. Our plot revolves around a simple tribe of nomads, numbered just over three thousand total, which includes men, women, and children. The tribe is as I said nomadic; hunter-gatherers and tent dwellers with a basic system of law and a government and a near primitive culture. This RP will be broken into “Acts” or “Ages”, and will feature a “genealogy system”. A tribe growing from nomadic people to bustling kingdom is no overnight process, which means that literal decades and centuries will be passing throughout the RP. This means of course that throughout this RP players will be creating new characters, who will be descendants of the original nomadic tribe. I will cover this more further below.

We will experience and enact on politics, war, economy building, societal and cultural creation, religion (you know holy wars will be a thing here.) language, invention, mathematics, the whole nine yards. Players can create a diversity of characters throughout this Roleplay; warriors, religious leaders/priests, spies, war leaders, scholars, inventors, the whole. This will be an in-depth Roleplay that explores numerous elements, factors, and trials of a growing civilization.

RP MECHANICS

This RP will be broken into Acts, or "Ages" if you will. Each age will contain it's basic trials and have it's own theme. For example; the first Act/Age is more of an introductory, and revolves around the settling of this unexplored region by the tribe. It's key elements and themes are exploration, adaption, and innovation. This will be a shorter Act and is as I said mostly is for introduction and set building, as well as character building and relationships. The second Act however will be a bit more tumultuous. Another nomadic people has journeyed into the valley from the far north, and soon a war begins. Albeit a somewhat primitive and gory war of warrior versus warrior. But a war nonetheless of vicious conviction. And the third Act will be a true game changer. That is all I will spoiler for now.

I will say that the first three Acts will all be within a 2-3 year period, and after that there will be a large time skip. Further details TBA.

A key element to this RP. As this RP is coursed to span over several centuries, characters will of course have to create their own "lineage" of characters to carry out through this RP. I will say now that this is a mandatory aspect of the RP. Whenever creating a new character at later dates, this newly created character in some way must be related to your previous character, direct or indirectly. Archiving of these characters will of course be left to me, so worry not about having to keep track of a whole laundry list of characters. HOWEVER, there is a loophole if you will to avoid the mandatory genealogy system if you truly want to. And that's ending the bloodline of your character through death. If your character is unmarried and an only child of two parents who were only children, and dies without ever siring a child, then thus ends the bloodline. That being said, I hope everyone doesn't take that drastic path. But at your will.

Unlike many RP's of this genre or basis, advancement of civilization will not be based upon a 'turn' system. This RP will be less about in-depth mechanics and more so about writing things out and advancing of the story line. Questions concerns, gripes and misunderstandings shall be ironed out and discussed upon here in the OOC. Plus, as far as text-based role playing is concerned, I've never been super into board game mechanics and dice systems and whatnot. Though this may not stand for all such RP's of that category, from my experience, players tend to tire of this after several pages/posts and the system either begins to crumble or people begin to flake away. This is just from my experience.

THE TRIBE
Our tribe here is the epitome of an underdeveloped simplistic tribe of nomads. They have no name for themselves, a primitive cultural and societal outlook, and until almost recent journeyed about as a mass of vagabonds. However just short of a year ago, the leader of the religious faction, who effectively rule over the tribe, declared that he had received insight from the heavens. The god Awan spoke to him in a series of spiritual dreams and said that their people were to be wanderers no longer, and that He was granting them a vast land of “crystal waters and fertile soil”.
Despite hesitancy and initial skepticism, the Priesthood delivered on their word and after many long weeks of trudging across vast deserts and through dry desolate canyons they arrived in their “promised land”.

Their new home was everything they were told and more, and at the direction of the Priesthood, the tribe prepared to settle here in their new land. (Reference the image above.) They began plowing the soil, hunting game, and erecting houses to live in. Their time as a nomadic people had now ended, they had a home of their own.

OOC EDIT: Though I realize this tab held more of a history than an identity, the tribes’ identity and ways of life as I said are rather simple. They are hunter-gathers and now farmers, and the religious faction, or the Priesthood, acts as the tribes’ ruling body. All laws, mandates, major decisions, and judgments are laid down by the Priesthood. And technologically, the tribe is still quite underdeveloped. Their weapons and hunting tools are made of stone or bronze, and their houses are simple thatch and straw huts and long houses, though some within the tribe still life in yurts or large tents.

Awan (Ah•Wan)-He who was born of the cosmos, the great entity of almighty power and creator of all things. He is without form or voice, but He speaks louder than the greatest of speakers. Lords over the skies and heavens as his personal realm. Often symbolized by an eagle.

Nahri (Na•Ree)-Wife of Awan, formed on the thirteenth day of His rule over all. The goddess of the sun. Symbolized by (crude) paintings and effigies of the sun.

The Elementals-The four spirits of the Elements of Earth; Aras (wind, tornados, cool breezes), Garen (the earth, earthquakes, lord of the mountains), Deptus (water&ice, the seas, the lakes), and Harthios (fire, volcanos, infernos).

Tyrius-Minor god of judgment and condemnation. It is he that decides on the value of a soul, and determines what one shall be in their next life, or reincarnation. Be that the son of a great king or a mud slug.

The tribe as of current is ruled by "theocracy", as the Priesthood lays down all laws, forwards necessary teachings, approve major actions or change in the tribe, and oversee everyday rule over the tribe. The Priests are protected or guarded by some of the tribes' finest warriors.

Some noteworthy laws are as follows;

Theft-Punished by the removal of ones' hand and or other limbs. Repeat offenders are killed.

Murder-Public execution.

Adultery-For men, castration, which is also the punishment for rape. For women, they are beaten to near death, and are left to recover on their own.

Vandalism-Destruction of one's own property. If the offender has nothing of value or anything at all. They are adequately and publicly beaten by the victim until said victim is satisfied. Should the victim kill the offender, any close friends or relatives of the offender have the lawful right to challenge the defender to a fight to the death.

Blasphemy against the gods-Public stoning or burning.

More TBA.

The Priests-Robed in black and their faces painted, the eunuch Priesthood are the ruling class of the tribe. Their word is law and heavily enforced by the warriors of the tribe. They commune with the heavens it is said, and the gods direct to them the mandate of the tribe. There are three divisions of the priesthood; the Elders, who commune with the god Awan, the Purites, who commune with the sun goddess Nahri, and the Acolytes, who commune with the elementals.

Men-Warriors, hunters, inventors, and builders, as well as the "greater thinkers". The builders of society and the protectors of the side. A good man has one wife and many sons, and provides for his children and spouse, and contributes to the tribe.

Women-Mothers, cooks, gardeners, and caregivers of the children. A good woman births many sons for her husband and tends to the home when he is out providing. Occasionally, the more fit among the women are allowed to hunt and trap with the men. A good woman remains silent and does not talk back to her husband.

[floatleft]•Months are referred to a “moons” or “moon cycles”.
•Years are still “years”. No worries there.
•Most weapons are made from either sharpened stone or bronze.
•Clothing is made from fur, wool, and-or leather. At least up to this point.
•The tribe does utilize horseback riding.
•Simple carts are used.
•Water is drawn from rivers and streams. Wells are in development.
•Archiving/Writing is reserved for the Priesthood. This is done in cuneiform and-or stone tablets.

MAP
TBA later on, as map making/cartography isn’t initially available.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

APPLICATION
Code: Select all

Character Full Name:

Character Gender: (M or F)

Character Age: (19 y/o---45 y/o)

Physical Appearance: (I would honestly prefer a lengthy and detailed description of your character, from body build to hair color. Images will be allowed later.)

Character Class/Build: ([b]OPTIONAL[/b]) (Warrior/Hunter, Scout/Explorer, Inventor/Builder, Scholar/Wiseman)

Short Biography: (Optional.)

Weapons: (If any.)(maximum of two, must be of stone or bronze making.) (Knives/Daggers, Spears, Clubs/Blunt Maces, Bronze Sword, stone or bronze axe or hatchet, etc.)

Notable Skills: (If you label your character with a class, try and match a few skills to that chosen class.)

Family: (List, if any.) (Wife, child, parents, brother, uncle, etc.)

This application is subject to update throughout the course of this mega RP.
Last edited by La Savant on Thu May 09, 2019 1:20 am, edited 7 times in total.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 1:07 pm

ROSTER

Republic de Tropico
-Mikal the Troublemaker (ACT 1)

G-Tech Coporation
-Maerios the Hammerhand (ACT 1)

Bathera
-Elam Aron Olced (ACT 1)

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
-Hagal the Bastard (ACT 1)

Kazarogkai
-Amon Son of Kuffi (ACT 1)

Phalnia
-Artius Son of Aeman (ACT 1)

The Mizarian Empire
-Ardan Donalsen (Son of Donal) (ACT 1)

Endem
-Even the Unknown (ACT 1)

Khasinkonia
-Lhahei Auifeilhadjen (ACT 1)

The Isle of The Webb
-Neleus the Younger (ACT 1)

East Azadistan
-Ariston, Son of Sophocles (ACT 1)

Theyra
-Kakau, Son of Markata (ACT 1)

The Frozen Forest
-Parthenia the Painter (ACT 1)

Recuecn
-Agraia, Son of Aris (ACT 1)

The White Bluff
-Persephone Smeoscrya (ACT 1)
Last edited by La Savant on Sun May 05, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 1:08 pm

RESERVED

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Thu May 02, 2019 1:42 pm

Tag

Character Full Name: Merlin Pendragon

Character Gender: M

Character Age: 30 years old

Physical Appearance: (I would honestly prefer a lengthy and detailed description of your character, from body build to hair color. Images will be allowed later.)

Merlin stands approximately 5 feet 4 inches tall. He has black hair that runs down to cover his ears, and a black beard that covers his neck and stretches out to connect with his sideburns. He has hazel eyes that can seem to change from green to blue depending on the light. He is built averagely, not very musculature but not very fat either.

Character Class/Build: (OPTIONAL) Warrior/Hunter, Scholar/Builder

Weapons: Bow and Arrow, bronze hatchet

Notable Skills: (If you label your character with a class, try and match a few skills to that chosen class.)
- Watchkeeping
- Fishing
- Sailing
- Carpentry
- Reading and Writing
- Swimming
- Archery

Family:
Wife - Cora
child(ren)
parents
brother(s)
Sister(s)
uncle(s)
Aunt(s)
Last edited by Cainesland on Sun May 05, 2019 8:52 am, edited 9 times in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu May 02, 2019 2:02 pm

I was thinking of applying as a priest. Are they not allowed, since they can't have offspring?
Signatures are so 2014.

Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu May 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Very interesting, will have an app up in a bit

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Utceforp wrote:I was thinking of applying as a priest. Are they not allowed, since they can't have offspring?

Hmmm, well the Priests do have personal servants and devotees. Much like medieval pages or squires. I could add a “Devotee” class and add a mandatory starting age clause to it.
Devotees can become Acolytes at the age of 20, this is when they take their vows and undergo the ceremony of “de-manning” (not actually called that).

And as for offspring, unless your character lies with a woman before his coming of age, then no, no kids.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 pm

When you make a historical error in your poll but don’t wish to reset the voting results as an outcome of fixing it... :?
Last edited by La Savant on Thu May 02, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu May 02, 2019 2:37 pm

La Savant wrote:When you make a historical error in your poll but don’t wish to reset the voting results as an outcome of fixing it... :?

Just combine the votes for Sumer and Mesopotamia lel.

Also, I'm thinking of being an Acolyte who had a child prior to getting snipped. Maybe someone who had a child out of wedlock, got castrated, and then became a Devotee because it was the only career path left open to him.
Signatures are so 2014.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Utceforp wrote:
La Savant wrote:When you make a historical error in your poll but don’t wish to reset the voting results as an outcome of fixing it... :?

Just combine the votes for Sumer and Mesopotamia lel.

Also, I'm thinking of being an Acolyte who had a child prior to getting snipped. Maybe someone who had a child out of wedlock, got castrated, and then became a Devotee because it was the only career path left open to him.

Not to rain on your idea, but Devotees are taken only as children (ages 4-8), as they are untainted and “not worldly”. If your truly wish to become a priest I’ll allow you to start as a Devotee. Your character will just pass away in several decades and you’ll start fresh.

Unless he’s a womanizer who slipped out one night and paid a young lady a friendly visit prior to his initiation.

Republic de Tropico
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Republic de Tropico » Thu May 02, 2019 3:06 pm

Character Full Name: Mikal the Troublemaker

Character Age: 20

Physical Appearance: (I would honestly prefer a lengthy and detailed description of your character, from body build to hair color. Images will be allowed later.) Mikal is 1.80 cm tall and about 90kg. He has light brown to blonde curly hair with a medium length beard. His eye color is blue. His body is nicely shaped and worked out but not ripped. His has slightly longer hands than the average. He has a scar in his right leg just left from the knee due to a spear cutting him just lightly in a fight he got into.

Character Class/Build: (OPTIONAL) (Warrior/Hunter, Scout/Explorer, Inventor/Builder, Scholar/Wiseman) Warrior

Weapons: (If any.)(maximum of two, must be of stone or bronze making.) (Knives/Daggers, Spears, Clubs/Blunt Maces, Bronze Sword, stone or bronze axe or hatchet, etc.) Bronze Axe

Notable Skills: (If you label your character with a class, try and match a few skills to that chosen class.) Hand to Hand combat

Family: (List, if any.) (Wife, child, parents, brother, uncle, etc.) A mother, a sister one year younger and a brother 11 years younger

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Republic de Tropico wrote:Character Full Name: Mikal the Troublemaker

Character Age: 20

Physical Appearance: (I would honestly prefer a lengthy and detailed description of your character, from body build to hair color. Images will be allowed later.) Mikal is 1.80 cm tall and about 90kg. He has light brown to blonde curly hair with a medium length beard. His eye color is blue. His body is nicely shaped and worked out but not ripped. His has slightly longer hands than the average. He has a scar in his right leg just left from the knee due to a spear cutting him just lightly in a fight he got into.

Character Class/Build: (OPTIONAL) (Warrior/Hunter, Scout/Explorer, Inventor/Builder, Scholar/Wiseman) Warrior

Weapons: (If any.)(maximum of two, must be of stone or bronze making.) (Knives/Daggers, Spears, Clubs/Blunt Maces, Bronze Sword, stone or bronze axe or hatchet, etc.) Bronze Axe

Notable Skills: (If you label your character with a class, try and match a few skills to that chosen class.) Hand to Hand combat

Family: (List, if any.) (Wife, child, parents, brother, uncle, etc.) A mother, a sister one year younger and a brother 11 years younger

Acccepted.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu May 02, 2019 3:13 pm

Character Full Name: Maerios the Hammerhand
Character Age: 26 years of age, born with the spring moon

Physical Appearance: Maerios is a great ox of a man, grown tall and even somewhat fat about the gut in his age. His body is thick with slab-muscle, testament to his long hours before a hot forge with the tool of his trade and carrying the heavy implements of that craft. Deep emerald eyes flecked with gold are lightly set in a wide ruddy face, cheeks prone to flush at the frequent passage of strong emotion, a remarkably tapered jawline that he is less than fond of clad in a thick manicured beard of sable midnight. His hair he keeps short, cut crudely but serviceable compared to most of the tribe due to his possession of a beaten brass mirror - length would be his preferred affectation, but is impractical in the hot summers and when dealing with the smithy. His hands are somewhat overlarge for his body, with several long gouges as of a dagger or light sword stroke marking his left forearm. The scars pain him when storms come up, and he seeks refugee from the chill in his workplace. Maerios is never found without a peculiar thick hammer at his waist, thicker than a normal tempering tool that his fellows use, and made of a particularly ornate beaten copper chasing around an ironwood core.

Character Class/Build: Warrior/Inventor

Short Biography: Would prefer to reveal ICly.

Weapons: Wields a short bronze warhammer of his own making, pointed on one end unlike the genuine tools that other men utilize. It is notable for its length and great weight, which would be impractical for most other men to wield one-handed like Maerios does. He also has a stout wooden buckler with a bronze boss.

Notable Skills: Bronzesmith and metallurgical innovator - experienced warrior, though that is in his past. Decent builder when needed, and prospector, though those are not talents he often puts to use. Very knowledgeable about metal ores and smelting, particularly the precise ratios of tin and copper necessary for really good bronze alloys.

Family: The only family he yet possesses is his wife, Julia - they have been married for only one short winter so far. His parents did not have the good fortune to make the journey, though Julia's father, sister, and brother yet survive. She is a weaver by training, but is more commonly found managing the front end of his humble smithy and dealing with the practicalities of the business where he deals with the craft itself.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Thu May 02, 2019 3:17 pm

La Savant wrote:
Utceforp wrote:Just combine the votes for Sumer and Mesopotamia lel.

Not to rain on your idea, but Devotees are taken only as children (ages 4-8), as they are untainted and “not worldly”. If your truly wish to become a priest I’ll allow you to start as a Devotee. Your character will just pass away in several decades and you’ll start fresh.

Unless he’s a womanizer who slipped out one night and paid a young lady a friendly visit prior to his initiation.

Eh, this seems like an idea that would take a lot of stretching to work. I think I'll go with another concept.
Signatures are so 2014.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm

I kinda wanted to play as a nomad in the initial settlement of the place but cool. This still sounds pretty interesting and honestly I haven't been in a good character RP in a while. One question though, aren't Sumerians and Mesopotamians effectively the same thing? They(the Sumerians) were the original settlers of the area in question.

TAG
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:I kinda wanted to play as a nomad in the initial settlement of the place but cool. This still sounds pretty interesting and honestly I haven't been in a good character RP in a while. One question though, aren't Sumerians and Mesopotamians effectively the same thing? They(the Sumerians) were the original settlers of the area in question.

TAG

Yes your correct. Hence my post prior to making a mistake in the poll. I’m so embarrassed. :rofl:

Bathera
Political Columnist

Founded: May 21, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bathera » Thu May 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Character Full Name: Elam Aron Olced

Character Age: 21

Physical Appearance: 5'7", short dark brown hair,blue eyes lean but strong.
Character Class/Build: Explorer

Short Biography: traveler from a distant land was taken in by the tribe but is not trusted as he is not a born in member is disliked by elders but gets along well with the lower members of the society.

Weapons: hatchet, crossbow
Notable Skills: navigation,

Family: none

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Bathera wrote:Character Full Name: Elam Aron Olced

Character Age: 21

Physical Appearance: 5'7", short dark brown hair,blue eyes lean but strong.
Character Class/Build: Explorer

Short Biography: traveler from a distant land was taken in by the tribe but is not trusted as he is not a born in member is disliked by elders but gets along well with the lower members of the society.

Weapons: hatchet, crossbow
Notable Skills: navigation,

Family: none

Crossbows aren’t yet invented. Only long bows and short bows. Please fix.

La Savant
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby La Savant » Thu May 02, 2019 3:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Character Full Name: Maerios the Hammerhand
Character Age: 26 years of age, born with the spring moon

Physical Appearance: Maerios is a great ox of a man, grown tall and even somewhat fat about the gut in his age. His body is thick with slab-muscle, testament to his long hours before a hot forge with the tool of his trade and carrying the heavy implements of that craft. Deep emerald eyes flecked with gold are lightly set in a wide ruddy face, cheeks prone to flush at the frequent passage of strong emotion, a remarkably tapered jawline that he is less than fond of clad in a thick manicured beard of sable midnight. His hair he keeps short, cut crudely but serviceable compared to most of the tribe due to his possession of a beaten brass mirror - length would be his preferred affectation, but is impractical in the hot summers and when dealing with the smithy. His hands are somewhat overlarge for his body, with several long gouges as of a dagger or light sword stroke marking his left forearm. The scars pain him when storms come up, and he seeks refugee from the chill in his workplace. Maerios is never found without a peculiar thick hammer at his waist, thicker than a normal tempering tool that his fellows use, and made of a particularly ornate beaten copper chasing around an ironwood core.

Character Class/Build: Warrior/Inventor

Short Biography: Would prefer to reveal ICly.

Weapons: Wields a short bronze warhammer of his own making, pointed on one end unlike the genuine tools that other men utilize. It is notable for its length and great weight, which would be impractical for most other men to wield one-handed like Maerios does. He also has a stout wooden buckler with a bronze boss.

Notable Skills: Bronzesmith and metallurgical innovator - experienced warrior, though that is in his past. Decent builder when needed, and prospector, though those are not talents he often puts to use. Very knowledgeable about metal ores and smelting, particularly the precise ratios of tin and copper necessary for really good bronze alloys.

Family: The only family he yet possesses is his wife, Julia - they have been married for only one short winter so far. His parents did not have the good fortune to make the journey, though Julia's father, sister, and brother yet survive. She is a weaver by training, but is more commonly found managing the front end of his humble smithy and dealing with the practicalities of the business where he deals with the craft itself.

Accepted.

Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Thu May 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Character Full Name: Hagal the Bastard

Character Age: 23

Physical Appearance: Hagal is a physical specimen, thick with muscle from long days hunting and fighting. Though he is on the shorter side for a tribesman, his body is near the peak of it's physical form. Hagal carries quite a few scars across his body, including a massive set of three jagged lines of knotted tissue across his chest from where a cave bear nearly rent him in two. He has auburn/ruddy red hair that falls shaggily around his head as well as a thick beard that reaches down to his chest. Notable about Hagal are both his eyes, which are a deep amber, almost golden color and his teeth, with particularly sharp canine to the point where most members of the village call him "The Wolf" behind his back.

Character Class/Build: Warrior/Hunter

Short Biography: Hagal was born on the night of a full moon to Kiana, now known as the Unfaithful. Kiana was unwed at the time of Hagal's birth, though her younger son Rintal was born to her husband. As such, Hagal grew up nearly an outcast, barely being allowed in his stepfather's home and merely tolerated throughout the village. While Rintal always seemed to be intrested in the newer art of Forging, Hagal found himself fascinated with the arts of war and the ways of the hunt. Though with no father to teach him the hunt and no warriors willing to make him their apprentice, Hagal found himself forced into a life of submission to the other members of the tribe. And he was not one to take that lightly.

He learned the ways of the hunt by stalking the hunters themselves, observing their ways and memorizing their tactics. He sat at the edge of the small field where the warriors sparred with large branches. He watched and learned well, making sure that he would have no flaw when he became a warrior himself. He could not afford to have one. At the age of 15, when the other boys of the tribe were coming of age and undergoing rights of passage, Hagal stole a spear from the smithy where his brother was apprenticing. Venturing forth into the wild, Hagal found the largest set of tracks that he could find, and followed them back to a cave. There, he found a monster. The largest cave bear he had ever seen, feasting on a deer. Recognizing his one chance ever to be accepted into the village, Hagal charged the bear, and stuck his spear in it's eye. The bear rose up and mauled Hagal before it gave out. Wounded and triumphant, Hagal skinned the bear and wore it's skin as he returned to the village.

Following that event, Hagal entered into a mutual agreement with the village. He would spar and hunt with the other men of the tribe, and he wouldn't be beat for trying to talk to other village members, but there was still an unspoken divide between the bastard and the village. As time went on and Hagal grew into a man, he developed into one of the best warrior the village had to offer, often being called upon to take care of hostile outsiders when necessary. This has also lead to a sort of unspoken debt between him and the village that has only deepened the resentment between him and the more traditionalist villagers. However, it has opened up new roads to him that he previously thought closed, including starting a family of his own.

Weapons: Bronze tipped spear and a stone hatchet that can be used as a hand ax if necessary. The spear is the same one that he used the fateful day he slew the bear, and though he has had it's tip changed multiple times, it is still a feared weapon within the village.

Notable Skills: A master class warrior, Hagal is skilled from fighting with his hands like an animal, to the close incantricities of sword and axe fighting, to the graceful dance of the spear duel. He has honed this craft over several years and considers himself to be the best warrior and defender of the village, even is he gets no thanks for his job. He also possesses decent hunting skill, able to track and fell several great beasts in his life time. The scar on his chest however remind him never to do it alone.

Family: Kiana the Unfaithul (Mother)
Rinkur the Wise (Adoptive Father)
Rintal the Ox (Half-Brother)
Kari (Sister-in-law)
Nul (Half-Nephew)

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Can you wait for me with IC until Sunday? I don't have the time now, but I will put an app by Sunday since that will be the time I will have time to write anything in IC and app related
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 02, 2019 6:19 pm

I might not app immediately but I’ll certainly keep an eye on this rp.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Thu May 02, 2019 6:23 pm

Character Full Name: Amon Son of Kuffi

Character Age: 20 years

Physical Appearance: A rather strange sort would be the term used by most, an utter alien clearly not of this land by others. Long dark red curly hair but with skin like bronze, he has a short stocky stature standing at only 5'0 but weighing an impressive 200 lbs of largely muscle, Small dark brown/black eyes with black eyebrows and a few other quirky features like his rather larger albeit flat lying ears, large jagged tooth filled mouth which is all kinds of messed up with rather prominent lips and once again a rather large both in width and length nose. Scars and occasional burns can be found due to the rather tough times he's been through along with his preferred line of work(manual labor), and a strange mutation in the form of 6 fingers on both hands. In general terms his features are vaguely of an Afro-Asiatic character of sorts and overall he is a rather solid and tough looking individual built like a wrestler or maybe a boxer in the eyes of a modern person.

Character Class/Build: Craftsmen/Builder

Short Biography: Amon son of Kuffi who by the majority is simply known as Amon. A bit of a renaissance man in terms of skills Amon is in general a craftsman/builder skilled with working with wood, stone, and rather recently with metal and would ordinarily have earned a good measure of respect and influence within the tribe if it weren't for certain factors barring such. The most important being his personality being rather known for his poor temper and ever present melancholy mood which in turn contributes to him being quite the loner. The second factor, arguably the one that caused the first, has to do with his origins. He is not from these lands being born somewhere else to another tribe of nomads or maybe farmers. He hasn't been exactly forthcoming. What is known is that his family was exiled when he was a young boy and during that time he would lose his entire family being the sole survivor. From the age of 10 till the age of 11 he was alone traveling the desert and barely surviving in the process when he was finally found by a group of hunters from the Tribe who dragged him back to their home. He was taken in by an Old Craftsman named Tizqar and his wife Ninil who during their life had been unable to have children and who with a bit of pleading were able to convince the priests to let them adopt the young Amon who admittedly during his captivity had shown some crafting skills. They figured in the end giving him to the Old Crafter they would get more use out of him. For the next 8 years of his life they raised him with Tizqar teaching him of his skills passing on his knowledge and honing the skills of the young boy named Amon who derived from another land. He learned well and picked up quickly on his lessons to the delight of the Old Craftsman named Tizqar, and even went so far as to show curiosity in in other areas like the recently discovered metal working which the builder himself was baffled by. Whatever the case all was rather well for the one known as Amon who seemed to flower under the care and tutelage of his adoptive parents learning of the customs and language of the tribe as time went by; all that is until the death of the Old Craftsman named Tizqar and soon after his wife Ninil who passed from a broken heart just a year prior to the discovery of these lands. Since then Amon entered a state all too familiar to him, loneliness, but with a slight bit of improvement in his overall condition in the form of not being homeless unlike before. Since then Amon became a family of one within the tribe living first in the former hut of his adoptive parents, working and learning and living the best he could among a people who view him still to this day as an outsider. Albeit one who has proved himself to be of tremendous use to them admittedly. Prior to the discovery of this land his principle role was in the making of tools, weapons, furniture, and in addition building the frames of the various huts which in a sense helped train him for his role upon the discovery of the promised land. That of a builder with his skills in bending and shaping wood, stone, and metal allowing him to be a tremendous boon unto his tribe in the early settlement of this land. Not much can be known about Amon's fate past this point but for now he must wait. Wait in his loneliness taking one step at a time and living day by day.

Weapons: Stone Adze, Stone Hammer

Notable Skills:
Master Wood Worker
Journeyman Stone Worker
Amateur Metal Worker

Family:
Father Kuffi, Dead
Mother Mara, Dead
Brother Gilga, Dead
Brother Bowo, Dead
Brother Sol, Dead
Sister Mina, Dead
Sister Amana, Dead
Adoptive Father Tizqar, Dead
Adoptive Mother Ninil, Dead
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Fri May 03, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Thu May 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Character Full Name: Aetius son of Aeman

Character Age: 22

Physical Appearance: Aetius poses a lean build standing at 5'8" and weighing around 155 pounds. His hair is auburn of color and thick. He maintains his hair at shoulder and a neatly trimmed beard. His eyes are pale blue. His legs are slightly bowed from long days astride his horse. His hands are calloused.

Character Class/Build: Scout/Explorer

Short Biography: Aetius was the son of Aemen and Lila. His father was an accomplished hunter in the tribe and kept the pots of his family and neighbors full. Aetius was the only male child to survive to adolescence. As such, his father placed much responsibility on his son. He was expected to follow his father's path and provide for the tribe.

Aetius proved to be skilled with the bow and with tracking. But, his true talents were demonstrated atop a horse. Many said that the boy must have been a horse himself in a past life. Soon Aetius hunted solely from the back of a horse, running down lone beasts with a spear or driving herds into the ambushes set by the villagers.

Aetius could not remain a hunter forever. He was put to use as a scout for the wandering tribe. He rode out ahead, always in search of water, suitable campsites, food, and enemies. It was on such a scouting mission that Aetius found his wife. Kina was wandering the wilds, alone. Aetius took pity on her and shared his food and water. That night they lay together and Aetius brought her back to the tribe and made her his wife. She has taken well to her new tribe, apparently not to dissimilar to her old tribe. She has even blessed her husband with a healthy son.

Aetius was eager to follow the visions to a new homeland for his people. As a scout he helped guide the people through the wastes to their promised land. Aetius is credited as being the first scout to return to the tribe with a safe path to their new land.

Weapons: Bronze spear, bow and arrow.

Notable Skills: Survival, stealth, tracking, and horsemanship.

Family:
Kina daughter of Tria, 18 (Wife)
Aeter son of Aetius, 1 (Son)
Last edited by Phalnia on Thu May 02, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Thu May 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Consider me whole-heartedly interested, that said how long since we have reached this 'promised land'? I was considering a character who's family joined during the great pilgrimage, an outsider.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse