NATION

PASSWORD

From the Ashes: 2100 [REBOOT/APP/PMT/IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
FtA OP
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

From the Ashes: 2100 [REBOOT/APP/PMT/IC]

Postby FtA OP » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:10 am

Date: Spring, 2101

Introduction:

A new century dawns on an Earth that has only just started to rebuild after a nuclear war. Humanity survived the war, hidden in bunkers far beneath the earth. Their society was not as lucky. Of course, that has started to rebuild, as well, as small settlements begin to dot the world above-ground and rebuilding has started to occur.

The slate has been wiped clean by nuclear fire. New nations are rising out of the ashes, some taking inspiration from the old world, some being totally different. But can they stand the test of time?

To post in this RP, you must apply in the OOC

How to post:

To expand, you have a choice to write one of these things: 1) At least three news titles 2) News titles and articles 3) A good story related to expansion. For your expansion post to be valid, you must state what province you want to take. You have a choice between three things: 1) State the general direction you want to go to (For example: "I expand West!") 2) Show a picture of the province you want to take (preferable and guarantees that you get the province you wanted) 3) State a landmark/city in the province.
Last edited by FtA OP on Sat May 04, 2019 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

New Mughals
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby New Mughals » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:15 am

Fort Multan

Babur’s armies moved closer to Multan, which was a large fort on the Chenab river and was the most important in its region. By sieging down Multan, Babur would gain significant control over the Punjab region and the overall Indus valley.
The entire fort was controlled by a clan of Haburads, which was a great obstacle, as these warriors were very well trained and would rather die a thousand times over than surrender.

The heavy artillery was moving through the sticky mud, while rain was falling from the sky and the soldiers were singing. The ships had brought them close to Multan, with only a few kilometres left. Babur drove in the back of the army, overseeing his large army. Tanks were leading the flanks, protecting the more important centre.

They arrived at the Northern wall, where the Haburads started shooting at them. The machine guns started to mow down Babur’s army. The initial shot was taken by the tanks, while the artillery was loading in the distance. The wall suffered some damage but it remained still. The Haburads shot another volley with machine guns, killing many. Babur commanded his army to build fortifications and trenches, to hide in case another comes.

After about thirty minutes, the wall was still standing strong. There were a lot of bullets and machine guns, with the Haburads not giving up. Suddenly, the night sky became red with fire and large rockets plotted out the moon. The artillery had shot. The rockets landed on the walls, making them completely collapse. The wall was now half the size and the Haburads couldn’t stand on the wall. Babur, though, knew that they still had an advantage in defense, making a breakthrough almost impossible.

It had been a day. There developed three zones: The Haburad zone, which was the city of Multan, the Babur’s zone, which began when the trenches started and the no-man’s land, which was a zone between the two others. If you went to the no-man’s land, you would immediately shot down by the Haburad machine guns.

The artillery had decimated walls of the Multan. The Haburads were starving, while Babur’s army had great amounts of food. It was clear that the Haburads couldn’t hold the city any longer. Babur then commanded a breakthrough and the troops ran towards the city. The Haburads started shooting, but the sheer amount of troops was just overwhelming and Babur’s army went in. Though the Haburads fought bravely, they couldn’t fight against such a large army and the city fell.

Letderan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Letderan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:44 am

The New Order must Spread!

Claim: Russian land

The rise above to above ground has worked rather well for the New Order, no longer shall the light Volkisim brings and the people under the black banner be forced to live underground. The government remains concealed amongst the tunnels though, as the civilian population is encouraged with the aid of the military to move into Vladivostok. Along with surrounding regions, several detachments of the C.A.S.T Units have already been sent northwards to capture more land for the Order’s intentions.

It is seen necessary to expand along the coast, and obtain any resources in the area to help the state and the population if need be. Furthermore, new education programs are being established as to help the population adjust to living above ground. For now though, the people will work to rebuild the ashes of what the Old Order left behind so that the New Order may truly prosper.

Bjornsburg
Secretary

Founded: Nov 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bjornsburg » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:49 am

Claim:

Scandinavian Times

Radio Tower Restored!
The Copenhagen Radio Tower has been rebuild. The tower had collapsed due to the nuclear bombing, yet remained in a rather good condition considering the circumstances. There is a string of hope that other cities like Stockholm, Oslo and Reykjavik.

"Beneath the mask" becomes a national hit!
The new single album, made by the band 'Joker', becomes a national hit. All throughout the islands, the people are dancing. The perfect bland between rock, jazz and EDM is a recipe for success.

Dogs become the most wanted pet.
Recent trends show that dogs have become the most popular pet by a long shot. The people covet there protective instincts and fluffy exterior. So look out in the streets, stepping in dog poop is definitely not fun.

The Oberon Initiative
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Oberon Initiative » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Day One

Several civillians, dressed in ragged blue overalls, a token from their "Protectors" sat in solemn and starving silence, huddled in front of the diminutive television in the ruined living room. Once, it had been a luxery apartment made for the social elite of the world that was, but no more, it was only home to the voiceless masses, waiting for their turn to be taken in the night. The TV flickered into life, and the insignia of the Initiative eerily manifested on the screen, and then the voice of The Director came through. He spoke as if his speech was lined with silver, something both captivating, and unsettling to hear.

'Citizens and subjects" the speech began "I have heard many requests from concerned citizens to answer a simple question, and one that is no doubt going through your mind at this very moment. Why are we not allowed outside of City One, or any other habitation zones lain out by the administration? Now, while the authors of these letters are being, shall we say...questioned' the crowd shifted nervously from foot to foot 'I would like to respond to this plain and simple, because their is nothing out there. We have tried survey teams and manned and unmanned into the outside, and what did we find? Tartarus my friends, Tatarus, an unending hellscape of blasted wastes and mutants that are an insult to all humanity has survived. It is a fate worse than death, and that is why we, the Initiative and the members of the Security Board, have been forced to keep you here, safe behind the walls of City One and settlements beyond, out of love. There it is my friends, the truth, stay wise, stay safe, the day will soon come when we shake off our fragile biology and will be free to roam the world that is ours by birthright...' the television flickered off again, as lifeless as the city it was broadcasting to.

Asquran
Attaché

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Asquran » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:43 pm

The counties for today are: Image

Jumping into the power vacuum left by NIGOF

When the NIGOF collapsed due to internal conflicts, the group called ISS grabbed almost all of their land, seizing all their military equipment. They have taken their land next to Lake Chad last month and have now taken their territory in North-Eastern Niger and North-West Chad.

Doing so, they didn't take much useful stuff, it was mostly desert they took, but the few farmer villages that thrive there have been taken over and are now sourcing our people with food. They did, however, after a massive battle in the desert, take over one of the hugest ammunition and weapon depot of NIGOF, giving the group weapons and ammo to fight with.

Survivors of the battle on NIGOF's side have called the ISS fighters 'driven by the word of Allah' and not scared of anything. This took the NIGOF with surprise and made the ISS able to win quite some land, giving them a bigger place on the Sahel stage.

Old laws implemented

The leader of the ISS, Al-Jazeem, is radical in his decisions and has chosen to implement certain old laws that are not favored by some of the rebel groups whereas other groups use them daily. These include stoning people to death, stopping the use of any Western traditions and prohibiting drunkenness among the group, which was followed by some of the group being angry, but this didn't stop Al-Jazeem.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

A reborn State

Postby Hystaria » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Claims, South of Vienna.

To creature new state, we need to convert our people to our cause, for they are in too much disrepair to help themselves
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Letderan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Letderan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:35 am

Continuance Routine

Claim: More of Russia

Simon walked along the crosswalk, wearing a full coat and his government provided uniform for his time in the ministry of education, all those below 18 were required to spend five days every week there. As it was seen as essential for the education of all those under the New Order, he carried along with him a briefcase as he looked around. Thinking to himself, observing the great black banners that depicted the flag of the order. These banners being displayed upon any store, office, government funded building, and more.

Along the way, he’d pass by one of the neighborhood Peacekeepers that stood by the block with their arms behind his back, he always thought those lot were strange. How they spoke in such peculiar voices, how they wore such odd looking clothing, one could only wonder who they were and why they acted so strangely. They were unlike any other, that was for certain, yet he never confronted them about this. It would be rude be thought, and he wouldn’t be in the position to do so surely! How could he, a mere sixteen year old boy walk up to one of them and so blatantly ask such a question?

He was taught to mind the peace keepers, and listen to whatever they say in his time during the ministry of education, to pay respect to them and the government! After all, they kept them safe from danger and established order, it was all he and his family ever knew for certain, what anyone knew certain.

Simon walked up to the local train station, which had been up in working order for a few months now, he sat down next to a few others who he recognized and noticed also went to the ministry. While sitting by, a drone would fly by the area and begin spouting the local news, “attention! Attention! Citizens of the New Order! Your government is proud to announce that more land of former Volruthenia has been reclaimed, and the population has already began the process of integration into the state! In other news, do be sure to pick up any litter upon the ground, and turn it into the nearest bin as to ensure the cleanliness of the world. Further reminder, do not ever cross Perimeter 42… Where the current reach of the New Order ends and the cold empty wastes of Kolechia begins.”

The drone would continue to spout more news, and then begin playing music, he thought to himself about this… Perimeter 42? He had never heard of that, but since the government had informed him he knew not to ever go past it! Whatever the wastes of Kolechia were, they surely sounded absolutely dreadful after all.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:49 am

More of Austria to the west towards innsbruk

New police in place to make a nee thing called a regional duke

Expeditions to hungary

Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

New Mughals
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby New Mughals » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:56 am

News:
Armies reach the mouth of the Indus!
Babur crowned the emperor of India!
A Haburad attack in Lahore!

Asquran
Attaché

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Asquran » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:03 pm

The counties for today are: Image

Last territory of NIGOF taken and LFN conquered

The last territory that belonged to the NIGOF has been taken by the forces of the ISS. There were only a few skirmishes in the hot desert as many fighters that belonged to NIGOF fled to other groups or joined the ISS.

In more important news, the government has taken the land of the Liberation Front Niger, a group of fighters wanting democracy and Islam not playing a huge role in society. As expected, they were slain down quick and only had one territory under control, which divided the two lands of the Allah's Fighters, a rebel group with quite a lot of land under control who want Islam to play a huge role in society. The army of ISS has quickly taken this territory, causing the anger of Allah's Fighters but they haven't attacked yet. This territory is important to the nation of ISS because if they wish to slay down Allah's Fighters it would be in their best interest to keep Allah's Fighters divided.

Map for reference, the dark brown is the LFN and the gray is Allah's Fighters: Image

Union Of The Pacific Islands
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Union Of The Pacific Islands » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Claim: Image (sorry for bad quality)
Headlines:
Election of advisors and minor government leaders have begun
Rebuilding of old American battle ships stationed in Honolulu begins
Adventurers to claim pacific islands are being trained.

Bjornsburg
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Bjornsburg » Wed May 01, 2019 6:19 am

Claims: Up the Danish Peninsula please.

Scandinavian Times

Radio Tower Copenhagen restored!

After two years of hard work, the radio tower has been restored. The communication network has been rerouted to think independently of the others. Thus communication and internet are finally back online. However, there has been no contact made with other cities and thus, no other parts of the empire.

Army marches up the Danish Peninsula!

The Scandinavian army has launched a push up the Danish Peninsula! It is expected that all will be back in hands soon.

Work starts on Kiel channel.

The recently acquired Kiel Channel is being worked on. Although not the most useful, it is a short cut to Copenhagen for any foreign trade ships, should they ever arise, and a way to let foreigners pay toll.

The Isle of The Webb
Attaché

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isle of The Webb » Wed May 01, 2019 9:47 am

The Greenfield Gazette
Vivat, crescat, floreat!

Eastward Ho
Greenfielder regulars marched into Winsor last week and encountered no resistance. Reports from commanders claim the inhabitants they have encountered are incredibly welcoming and friendly. As of this printing the troops have set up camp at Niagara and are investigating the state of its water control facilities and turbines.

Toledo War, Again
However progress to the south is not moving as smoothly as the inhabitants of the Toledo Strip continue to resist our attempts to secure the vital area. A naval landing at cedar point secured the incredibly vital area. Fortifications have been constructed all about the “Roller Coaster capital of the World” as the fighting counties with no end in sight.

The Rouge roars to life once more
After much reconstruction work the famed Ford Rouge factory has begun producing machines once again. In his grand reopening speech Patrician Henry E Ford stated that he intends to reopen public tours in spring.
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

New Mughals
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby New Mughals » Wed May 01, 2019 10:08 am

Punjab

Babur turned back home, but before that, he needed to secure Punjab. The Haburad tribes had attacked Faisalabad, with the city guard repelling the attack. But it was still destructive. The Northwestern portion of the city was largely destroyed.

After a long march, Babur came into contact with a Haburad army. His army took a formation, as he was preparing his attack. He decided to lead the right flank, to try to route the Haburad army. They charged at the Haburads, with the centre and the left flank colliding in a bloody battle. Babur's tanks appeared on the top of nearby hills, while aircraft was shooting from the sky. Babur's artillery shot the enemy reserves, brutally killing many and making it easier for Babur to route the large army.

With the Haburad army surrounded, it was not long until they were all brutally slaughtered.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Wed May 01, 2019 1:55 pm

Claims: More land towards innsbruik

Austrian Airships built, the behemoths acting the eye of our great emperor, our nation sits on the thrown called Vienna, a new palace is being built, with gold being imported from foreign lands

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Union Of The Pacific Islands » Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 pm

Claim: Image
Kano Naomi officially sworn in
Provencal governor elections commence
Navy is inaugurated and launched

Bjornsburg
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Bjornsburg » Thu May 02, 2019 7:48 am

Claims: Second time moving up the Danish Peninsula (up from Kiel)

Scandinavian Times:
Army continues push up the Peninsula!
Naval reforms started, submarines, cruiser, destroyers and a carrier in production.
Nano Network documentary comes out next week, a stunning documentary about the many different types of cartels in Copenhagen.

The Isle of The Webb
Attaché

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Isle of The Webb » Thu May 02, 2019 8:40 am

https://i.imgur.com/1EDy3qY
The Greenfield Gazette
Veritas Odit Moras

War continues in Toledo
The people of the Toledo strip continue refuse to join our new republic. Civilians are encouraged to avoid traveling near the border due to skirmishes, raids, and risk of kidnaping.
Adverts

Timmies
Breakfast is still the most important meal of the day and one many miss it while they rush off to work. Why not stop into one our stores. Chances are one is reopening near you today. We’ll make the food for you.
Better than Homemade. It’s Tim Hortons.

Hockey town forever!
Patricians are looking for strong young men to take part in the prestigious old world sport of Ice hockey. The first game pits the Detroit Red Wings against the Windsor Spitfires. So your support of your home team by buying tickets today!
GENERATION 33: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

New Mughals
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby New Mughals » Thu May 02, 2019 11:49 am

News:
Babur starts the eastern campaign!
New Caliph elected!
The economy rises
Last edited by New Mughals on Fri May 03, 2019 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Thu May 02, 2019 12:34 pm

More land South

News: New Duke of Austria
The train systems is being rebuilt
Political parties banned in government positions

Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Union Of The Pacific Islands » Thu May 02, 2019 9:56 pm

Claims: Image
Today in the brisk sunny morning in Honolulu, Kano Naomi reflects on his inauguration. He had dressed in traditional Hawaiian king robes. Although democratically elected, and serving as a president, he viewed it as an important portion of their culture, and something to bring his people together. He had already managed to unify Hawaii, something former kings and chieftains were incapable of doing without foreign support. The first member of his cabinet selected, minister of security asked him the final question, "Do you swear to protect the Pacific from foreign aggression, and be the leader that this union deserves?" All he said was yes, and the first president of the Union of Pacific Islands took power, and the city erupted in cheers and shouts.

New Mughals
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby New Mughals » Fri May 03, 2019 11:27 am

News:
Babur continues the eastern campaign!
The Indus valley prospers!
The Punjab clan defeated!

New Mughals
Civil Servant