NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect Factions :: Emergence ((OOC/Sign-ups))

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am

Kinistian wrote:Yeah today’s a good day. Went from 70 to 600 in one month . Given half of that it’s from the Batarians and the month event. Hey Nux did I capture any human Pirates?

Do the eclipse typically take slaves? Or sell prisoners as slaves?
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Fri May 17, 2019 10:01 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Kinistian wrote:Yeah today’s a good day. Went from 70 to 600 in one month . Given half of that it’s from the Batarians and the month event. Hey Nux did I capture any human Pirates?

Not sure but the wiki says they do practice human trafficking in the form of moving criminals around.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 am

Alright so I quit, I have just gotten the Batarians invaded by the Council.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri May 17, 2019 10:08 am

Kinistian wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Not sure but the wiki says they do practice human trafficking in the form of moving criminals around.

Sure, you collected 25 human prisoners on this mission.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Fri May 17, 2019 10:09 am

Ralnis wrote:Alright so I quit, I have just gotten the Batarians invaded by the Council.

It should be. It’s a heavily populated Batarian area with a few human colonies. It’s the Terminus of the Terminus systems.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri May 17, 2019 10:09 am

Ralnis wrote:Alright so I quit, I have just gotten the Batarians invaded by the Council.

No, you haven't. You can still back down and not activate it yet. I don't think anyone wants to invade the Batarians when it seems like they might start behaving, but there might be more attention turned on the Batarians to make sure they aren't being silly.

I mean really Ralnis, you've been putting the Batarians in a good place rp wise. All you have to do is back down, take a slap on the wrist from the Council, maybe have to allow Council patrols shadowing Batarian fleets to make sure they don't activate relays, lose out on the credits of the expedition, which does suck, and then just use expeditions the same way the Council factions have too.
Last edited by Segmentia on Fri May 17, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 am

Segmentia wrote:

No, you haven't. You can still back down and not activate it yet. I don't think anyone wants to invade the Batarians when it seems like they might start behaving, but there might be more attention turned on the Batarians to make sure they aren't being silly.

I mean really Ralnis, you've been putting the Batarians in a good place rp wise. All you have to do is back down, take a slap on the wrist from the Council, maybe have to allow Council patrols shadowing Batarian fleets to make sure they don't activate relays, lose out on the credits of the expedition, which does suck, and then just use expeditions the same way the Council factions have too.

I mean I would rather a joint-expedition on the Batarian's dime and shadow the fleets so that they activate anymore relays. Though I will have to see what the Council's dressing down is first.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri May 17, 2019 10:33 am

Hate to derail the above, but anyone mind explaining how space station construction works? Are they built by shipyards and then moved to their final destination - and if not how do you build an orbital mining station on a world with 0PC :3 ? Also, for the major spaceport, to you pay the 900 and decommission the existing small spaceport, or pay 500 to upgrade the small spaceport?
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 10:42 am

Bentus wrote:Hate to derail the above, but anyone mind explaining how space station construction works? Are they built by shipyards and then moved to their final destination - and if not how do you build an orbital mining station on a world with 0PC :3 ? Also, for the major spaceport, to you pay the 900 and decommission the existing small spaceport, or pay 500 to upgrade the small spaceport?

They are fabricated piece by piece on site by construction vessels. As for the major spaceport, you can either 900 for just the spaceport or 500 to upgrade.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 am

Ralnis wrote:They are fabricated piece by piece on site by construction vessels. As for the major spaceport, you can either 900 for just the spaceport or 500 to upgrade.

Huh, I'm just wondering in that case - why would you ever buy the major spaceport, since going minor->major would be 580 vs 900?

Edit: Also, for buildings that are greater than a planet's PC, do they just take multiple months? Oh, and so where would the Production Capacity used on the orbital mines come from? Just another planet somewhere in the same cluster?
Last edited by Bentus on Fri May 17, 2019 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Fri May 17, 2019 11:11 am

Super tempted to let the Batarians activate the Relay and let them face the consequences, or just let them turn it on and go in and take it.
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 am

I don’t think the Abyss is inactive sense there are colonies in it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am

Kinistian wrote:I don’t think the Abyss is inactive sense there are colonies in it.

There should be colonies in the area but...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri May 17, 2019 11:40 am

Bentus wrote:
Ralnis wrote:They are fabricated piece by piece on site by construction vessels. As for the major spaceport, you can either 900 for just the spaceport or 500 to upgrade.

Huh, I'm just wondering in that case - why would you ever buy the major spaceport, since going minor->major would be 580 vs 900?

Edit: Also, for buildings that are greater than a planet's PC, do they just take multiple months? Oh, and so where would the Production Capacity used on the orbital mines come from? Just another planet somewhere in the same cluster?

Well, you need two months to run an upgrade, as compared to only one if you pay all of it.

Production Capacity only runs for ships - not Infrastructure.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Hey Nux, I did put 3 elite agents assigned to my intelligence center, why do I still get 1 IP?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 12:44 pm

So Bentus, I have a proposal that can solve the whole Relay issue. Now the event didn't say that the Salarians knew I was opening a dormant relay and you do. So here's what I propose. You get the Salarian patrol off my back and I'll let you choose what three systems you want to colonize once I explore it.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri May 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Ralnis wrote:So Bentus, I have a proposal that can solve the whole Relay issue. Now the event didn't say that the Salarians knew I was opening a dormant relay and you do. So here's what I propose. You get the Salarian patrol off my back and I'll let you choose what three systems you want to colonize once I explore it.

I think it's the wrong faction. The Korlus npc fleet saw you, not Noveria.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Segmentia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So Bentus, I have a proposal that can solve the whole Relay issue. Now the event didn't say that the Salarians knew I was opening a dormant relay and you do. So here's what I propose. You get the Salarian patrol off my back and I'll let you choose what three systems you want to colonize once I explore it.

I think it's the wrong faction. The Korlus npc fleet saw you, not Noveria.

Fuck, then back to trying to plead to the Council about a joint expedition in the area.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri May 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Still catching up on the whole thing at the moment, but seems interesting. How would I know about the relay though? I don't think it's near to where Noveria is located at the moment. Could reach out to the Salarians and offer financial incentives for exploration rights, though I don't think a show-of-force would work considering my 'fleet' is somewhere around 3 frigates at this point. Although on that point, would anyone be interested in having banks opened on their worlds or get some trade routes established?

Edit: Ah, ninja'd.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Bentus wrote:

Still catching up on the whole thing at the moment, but seems interesting. How would I know about the relay though? I don't think it's near to where Noveria is located at the moment. Could reach out to the Salarians and offer financial incentives for exploration rights, though I don't think a show-of-force would work considering my 'fleet' is somewhere around 3 frigates at this point. Although on that point, would anyone be interested in having banks opened on their worlds or get some trade routes established?

Edit: Ah, ninja'd.

Batarians can't set up trade routes or banks since the Council crippled the economy and all my business is in the Terminus. However I would be willing to rent any Research stations you have.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri May 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Ralnis wrote:Batarians can't set up trade routes or banks since the Council crippled the economy and all my business is in the Terminus. However I would be willing to rent any Research stations you have.

Oof, yeah the sanctions are a bummer. Might have Noveria try to lobby the Council to remove them, argue that free and open markets are the best way to change Batarian culture or what-not. Am down to lease the research stations, but might implement an auction system somehow? Currently I've got 2 for a total of 20 RPs and I can sell each RP to an npc for 25 credits per month. If you're willing to pay more than 25 credits/month for a research point, feel free to rent them.
Last edited by Bentus on Fri May 17, 2019 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 1:09 pm

Bentus wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Batarians can't set up trade routes or banks since the Council crippled the economy and all my business is in the Terminus. However I would be willing to rent any Research stations you have.

Oof, yeah the sanctions are a bummer. Might have Noveria try to lobby the Council to remove them, argue that free and open markets are the best way to change Batarian culture or what-not. Am down to lease the research stations, but might implement an auction system somehow? Currently I've got 2 for a total of 20 RPs and I can sell each RP to an npc for 25 credits per month. If you're willing to pay more than 25 credits/month for a research point, feel free to rent them.

Oh no, the Batarians aren't going to let the restrictions go because of their large trade influence in the Terminus and their economy is actually growing despite the sanctions in place. But I'm will to pay 250 for a research base.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Fri May 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Oh, are we betting on research stations now? I might be interested...

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Fri May 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Ralnis wrote:-snip-

Awesome! So that'd be 10RP for Month 3 - though just to be clear, it'd be 250 credits for the 1 month worth of tech points, if you want to gain more for later months you'll have to pay again. An idea I'm also having for the auction system as well: folks can 'bid' for RPs for the upcoming month, when the current month ends, the research points are allocated to the highest bidder. Should make things fairer rather than first-come-first-served :)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri May 17, 2019 1:32 pm

Segmentia wrote:Oh, are we betting on research stations now? I might be interested...

Welp I lose. Time to go back to setting up bases in Batarian space.

Bentus wrote:
Ralnis wrote:-snip-

Awesome! So that'd be 10RP for Month 3 - though just to be clear, it'd be 250 credits for the 1 month worth of tech points, if you want to gain more for later months you'll have to pay again. An idea I'm also having for the auction system as well: folks can 'bid' for RPs for the upcoming month, when the current month ends, the research points are allocated to the highest bidder. Should make things fairer rather than first-come-first-served :)

I expected to pay per month with it. I need as much research points as I can to try and modernize the Hegemony despite the sanctions and being a rogue state.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse