NATION

PASSWORD

1906: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri May 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:
Hon hon hon.

Calvinist work ethic.

Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrates.

Puritan abolitionism.

Hon hon hon!

Eww.

Orthodox mysticism and Roman pragmatism.

The Roman imperial doctrine and the concept of the universal empire and true orthodox faith.

Caesaropapist Autocracy

Roma aeterna est

Boo.

Undisputed Catholicism.
The concept of the organic state and pure nation-state status.
Integrist Utilitarianism.
Plus Ultra!
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:
Eww.

The Roman imperial doctrine and the concept of the universal empire and true orthodox faith.

Caesaropapist Autocracy

Roma aeterna est

Boo.

Undisputed Catholicism.
Plus Ultra!

Eww.
Western heresies
Barbarian lies. There is one Empire, one Church, one Emperor!

I have to admit that Integrism is cool though. I still have to put more effort into my politics besides from the usual Blues/Greens division.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Fri May 03, 2019 1:42 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Boo.

Undisputed Catholicism.
Plus Ultra!

Eww.
Western heresies

I have to admit that Integrism is cool though. I still have to put more effort into my politics besides from the usual Blues/Greens division.

I like reviving completely obscure political concepts to base my countries around. I've already got Physiocracy, Freiwirtschaft and political Futurism all lined up as potential concepts, if you see the ideologies line in my app start with a Wikipedia link then you know I've let myself go :P

Now, if only I could bring myself to start on an IC post... (Not a fan of playing nation RPs from the perspective of a bunch of characters in my nation's government at all, but that's how the thread started and I kinda feel peer pressure building up from there)
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Eww.
Western heresies

I like reviving completely obscure political concepts to base my countries around. I've already got Physiocracy, Freiwirtschaft and political Futurism all lined up as potential concepts, if you see the ideologies line in my app start with a Wikipedia link then you know I've let myself go :P

Now, if only I could bring myself to start on an IC post... (Not a fan of playing nation RPs from the perspective of a bunch of characters in my nation's government at all, but that's how the thread started and I kinda feel peer pressure building up from there)

Well, I've already experienced your passion through that Positivist Pomerania, so I know that you're good at it :p

My knowledge is a bit more limited, and I do know that both the Blues and the Greens are going to function similarly to big tend parties - the whole concept of parties and organized ideologies in the Senate is still a bit foreign to the ERE, and as such the demes/senatorial factions are still developing from what they once used to be.

And well, I'm not sure how I can help. I generally ignore my government because through the iterations, I've put a lot of effort into the members of my imperial family, and I normally try to start the thread with interactions (I'll be sending one of my princes to Ethiopia and possibly my Emperor my Rome), and I am more than open to other interactions if people want.

But we will try to work on some events also, see what we can get going.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Fri May 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:
Eww.

Caesaropapist Autocracy

Roma aeterna est

Boo.

Undisputed Catholicism.
Plus Ultra!

How about the Japanese spirit and bushidō, a divine monarchy with an unbroken dynastic line over two thousand years old, and Confucian social order?
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri May 03, 2019 2:15 pm

Finland SSR wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:
Eww.

Caesaropapist Autocracy

Roma aeterna est

Boo.

Undisputed Catholicism.
Plus Ultra!

Beware stooge of Satan and his Minions

The Prophets and Phalanx of Heaven righteous so they be
The unified workers and farmers unified in class cooperation
And the all powerful Revolutionary STATE

For the oppressed classes whose BLOOD, SWEAT, and TEARS which has for so long been used in the creation of you the oppressors roads and cities of gold shall from this point forward become ROADS AND CITIES OF GOLD while your blood, sweat, and tears will become like a RIVER that shall flow throughout it and nourish the seeds that create it. HUZZAH
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

SCP Institution
Attaché

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby SCP Institution » Fri May 03, 2019 3:07 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong...

+ Most of the Far East is dominated by Buddhism or Confucianism.

+ Islam basically don't exist and Christianity is the only Abrahamic religion left.

+ Europe is a mixture of Orthodoxy, Catholicism and Protestant.

+ Central and South America are Catholic paradises.

+ What is the main religion of the Middle East ? Zoroastrianism ?

+ Japaneses are a bunch of emperor worshipper Shintoists.
Last edited by SCP Institution on Fri May 03, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

WIP Application

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Full Nation Name: Tageldit n Lmaɣrib (Standard Tamazight, Official); Lmeɣrib (Standard Tamazight, Unofficial); Royaume du Maroc (French, Official); Maroc (French, Unofficial); Kingdom of Morocco (English, Official); Morocco (English, Unofficial)

Majority/Official Culture: The majority of the Moroccan population identifies as a member of the Berber ethnic and liguistist group, with three major Berber groups making up the population; The Iznasen (Zenata, English) are one of the more politically dominant tribes in Morocco and also one of the largest in terms of population. The Iznasen occupy the central area of Morocco, stretching from the eastern border south to the border with the Aẓnaj and to the west with the Masmuda; a territory which includes several major cities including the capital, Mṛṛakc (Marrakesh). The Iznasen are famed for their bureacratic skills, military prowess, and administrative skills, and lead a primarily agricultural or urban style life. The second largest group is the Isussin, also known as Shilha or Soussi people, and they occupy much of the southern parts of the country and Morocco's southern atlantic coast. The Issusin live a primarily agricultural and sometimes semi-nomadic life. The third largest group is that of the Masmuda confederation which occupies a large portion of the Atlantic coast and west of Morocco. The Masmuda are the least culturally identical of the other two groups, who also have cultural variety between their sub-tribes, and the Masmuda mainly serve as a confederate body for the people inhabiting the Atlantic coast. The Masmuda primarily lead either a Urban or Agricultural life, with many of Morocco's merchants being members of the Masmuda Confederation's tribes.

Others tribes include the Irifiyen (Riffians, English) who inhabit the northern mediterrainian coast where they live a primarily nomadic or semi-nomadic life, the Zayanes of the Khenifra region who are famed as fierce warriors, and the Iseḥrawiyen (Sahrawi, English) who occupy the far, far southern part of the country (Modern Day Western Sahara) who live a primarily nomadic life and are noteable as being followers of Islam. Another complication to this hodgepodge of tribes includes non-ethnic Berbers living in Morocco, the largest group being Arabs who immigrated to Morocco either by sea or along the many Saharan trade routes. While sizeable, numbering close to a few hundred thousand, they are dwarfed by the native Berber population and mainly live in cities as trademen and artisans. Morocco also hosts a sizeable Jewish population, many of which have fled the constant fighting in the Levanant and now reside within the cities. The last of the major foreign populations includes Europeans, many of whom of either Spanish or French blood, who have come to Morocco for primarily economic reasons such as working for one of the many foreign mining companies operating in the country. While the foreign born population is small compared to the native Berber population, their size is not to be ignored as they make up a large portion of Morocco's Urban population, some times even coming close to half or even more than half of a cities population.

Together these different tribes form Morocco, and while all of these tribes belong to the Berber ethnicity and language group, there are many cultural and linguistic differences stemming from differences in geography and lifestyle. So far the Kingdom has been kept united through negotiations, force of arms, and a move towards Berber identity and unity, which began with the introduction of Standard Tamazight as a unified Berber language for use in official business in Economic and Government sectors.

Territorial Core: Modern day Morocco and the Western Sahara
Territorial Claim: Parts of French Algeria
Capital City: Mṛṛakc (Marrakesh)
Population: Roughly 9,000,000

Government Type: Consitutional Parliamentary Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies: Protectionism, Conservativism, Traditionalism
Government Focus: The current focus of the government is to improve the economy of Morocco and increase industrialization and centralization in the country while upholding the current balance of the status quo.
Head of State: Queen Basil IV is the current ruler of the Sufian Dynasty, which has been in rule since the 18th century.
Head of Government: Queen Basil IV retains many powers over the government, the only comparable Head of Government would be Prince Massinissa who occupies a role similar to that of a Grand Vizier, Prime Minister, or Chancellor in other countries.
Government Description: The government is a odd one, reflective of the odd balance of power at work in Morocco. The central authority rests with the Monarchy, currently held by the Sufian Dynasty and led by Queen Basil IV. She shares power with the Agraw en Imessemtire (House of Councillors) who, after the Rif Revolt, hold power to check the Monarch is some ways, and mainly exists to represent the will of the tribes. Each tribe is given a certain amount of votes based on their population, with most tribe's representatives joining together with other representatives of their culture group. Currently the House has a total of 72 Councillors. The leader of the House is appointed by the Monarch, and by tradition is usually given to said Monarchs heir apparent, a tradition started by Queen Basil I after she brought the Sufian's to power. The House controls the Power of the Purse and has the sole ability to introduce and pass legislation. The Monarch has universal veto power over the House, and is able to influence it through the appointment of its Head. The Head of the House, currently Prince Massinissa, is able to choose Councillors to make up his government, appointing them to lead various branches of the government while they continue to serve as members of the House. The Monarch retains the power to set government policy, direct the Military, set Foreign Policy, and appoint members of the Royal Courts.

Outside of the central government, jurisdiction and government gets murky. While the area around Marrakesh is consider Royal Land and is therefor directly administered by the Monarch, every thing outside of the capital operates on a semi-confederate and semi-federal level. The country is divided into four main areas; the south, which is primarily populated and run by the Isussin. The North, which is primarily populated by the Irifiyen. The South-West, which is primarily run and populated by the Masmuda. And the Central Highlands and Plains which are populated and run by the Iznasen. Each culture group has its tribes, and each tribe controls rule over their area in a semi-vassal state to the central government. Control in recent times have been centralized since the rise of the Sufians and the adoption of a constitution which provided for Tribal representation. The ten administrative districts, established in the early 19th century, allows for the Monarch to appoint Governors who can oversee local tribal and urban governments and who ensure the collection of taxes and the enforcement of law and order in the region through the use of the Royal Police. Other than that, autonomy is often given to the local tribal government, who sometimes band together to form ad hoc regions or states such as the Masmuda who have formed their own local Council and who collect their own taxes on the lucrative trade from her port cities.

Majority/State Religion: The largest religion in Morocco is Orthodox Christainity of the Greater Chalcedonian Church, which was introduced during Roman and later Byzantine rule. After independence, the Moroccans were further influenced by the Exarchate of Africa. It is the official religion of the Royal House of Sufia and is followed by many members of the Iznasen, Masmuda, Zayanes, and some members of the Isussin. The second largest religion is Islam, which is practiced by the Iseḥrawiyen and members of the Isussin, Iznasen, and others. Islam primarily traveled to Morocco through the Trans-Saharan trade and received heavy influence from Muslims in Mali and West Africa. The third largest religion is the Reformed Church, who primarily find members among the Irifiyen of the north and some members of the Iznasen and Masmuda. The Reformed Church is a recent addition and has mainly spread from French Missionaries. Finally, there are several minority religions including several hundred thousand Jewish members of the Iznasen and Zayanes groups, and several hundred thousand Coptic Christains who reject the Greater Chalcedonian Church.
Religious Description:

Economic Ideologies: Morocco operates on a primarily Capitalist market with heavy Protectionist elements.
Major Production: Major products rely primarily on Morocco's Agricultural and Mining sector, with some key exports being farm products, fish and shell fish, cannabis, and processed and raw materials.
Economic Description: 2/3rds of the Moroccan GDP is accounted for by Agriculture and Mining, these two dominating the economy. Approx. 33,000 square miles of Morocco is arable land, most of it in central Morocco where a temperate Mediterranean climate is most dominant. The government has taken many measures to increase irrigation to promote crop production, as only 1/6th of the possibly 33,000 square miles of arable land can be irrigated. Mining alone accounts for close to a 1/3rd of the Moroccan GDP, with production mainly centered around the north-central Atlas mountains. The chief product of Morroccan mining is Phosphate, which is often used in fertilizers and other products. Along with Phosphate other ores are mined such as Silver and others. Manufacturing is a smaller sector, barely making up 1/8th of the Moroccan GDP, but is still there and is a growing industry, mainly focused around the processing of raw materials for export and a booming Textile industry.

Development: Semi-Industrialized
Development Description: Morocco is a primarily agricultural nation, whose economy depends less on manufacturing and more on the extraction of resources, whether natural or grown. In the more urban cities, such as the capital Marrakesh, or the coastal cities of Rabat, Casablanca, Agadir, and more populous cities inland like Fes feature urbanization and many modern elements found in western cities, including factories, electric power, paved streets, sewer system, etc. There exists only one railroad which runs from Casablanca south to Agadir passing through the capital midway through. This railroad is used both for the transportation of imports but also to carry passangers inland and to take goods harvest towards the port cities.

Army Description: The Royal Moroccan Army is a relatively small force compared to others, with a total of around 90,000 total combat troops organized into six infantry brigades (Three of which are reserve brigades), three cavalry regiments, and one camel company. Each Brigade has around 12,000 men divided into five regiments, with each Regiment having three battalions known as Tabor's, each with four companies of 200 men known as Goums, from which the common nickname "Goumier" comes from, a nickname often given to the Moroccan Infantry. Each Regiment has its own organic artillery and support units attached along with a independent machine gun company. The Moroccan Army focuses its tactics on using its smaller force in a more mobile and irregual fashion, and highly stresses cohesion and the use of Regiments rather than whole larger Brigades which act more as administrative units unless the Army is called upon to fight a truly larger foe which would nessecitate the use of whole Brigades. The Moroccan army trains specifically for fighting in the most drastic of terrain, including the peaks and cliffs of the Atlas mountains and the flat dry Saharan desert of the south. In war time, the Moroccan army will rely on speed and unit cohesion in order to launch irregular skirmishing attacks against their enemy, rather than face them in open battle. This is even more true for the Moroccan Cavalry, whose goal is to use the terrain to their advantage to ambush to cut off enemy supply lines, as such line would become complicated in the Moroccan terrain. In terms of equiment, the Moroccan Army uses a semi-standard uniform consisting of Jellaba over a khaki shirt with either a turban or hat and wrapped puttees with either sandals or boots to create the iconic image of a Moroccan Goumier. The primary small arm for the Morroccan Army is the French Lebel 1886, mostly acquired from French surplus. Officers are equipped with French revolvers purchased from French companies, the Cavalry are equipped with older single shot black powder rifles like the French Gras rifle in 11mm, and all soldiers are either equipped with a Sabre for Officers, Cavalry, and Artillery, or a traditional Dagger for the Infantry and other troops. Artillery is not plentiful, most regiments only lug around a dozen or half dozen, and the standard Machine Gun Company will have a dozen French Hotchkiss Machine guns to support the entire Regiment. Historically, units were drawn from individual tribes, with each tribes making up its own cohesive units which would fight then return home after a short campaign. This system proved not only to be ineffectual against a modern enemy, but it also allowed for Tribal politics to influence the fighting capability of the Army, and so it was reformed in the 18th century with the introduction of the Goum. Now men would be conscripted from different tribes or regions, put into the same Goum, and forced to train together, eat together, and live together in order to foster unity and cohesive without the use of tribal politics or blood lines. This has resulted in a more professional and apolitical armed forces and has improved the stability of the Kingdom.

Army Weakness: The Army's primary weakness is its size and equipment. It totals only around 90,000 total combat troops, and usually operates as smaller independent units rather than as one big force. Additionally, it uses older outdated equipment and has few big guns. In short, the Moroccan Army is not capable of standing up in a standard battle against comparable European Armies, who would decimate the Moroccans with their greater numbers, better equipment, and greater use of Artillery.

Naval Description: The Royal Moroccan Navy is a force of approximately 5,200 sailors stationed on two Battleships, one Armored Crusier, and Three Gunboats. The two Battleships, the Basil IV and the Basil I, both named after Morocco's female monarchs, and were constructed during the mid-1890's based off French designs of the period. The Cruiser, the Bocchus I was ordered at the same time as the Basil Class Battleships, and reflected similar French designs of the period. The two gunboats do no have a class and are meant primarily for coastal patrol, all three are armed with assorted small armaments. The main purpose of the Moroccan navy is to ensure the safety of Moroccan waters, but with increased French influence it seems that the navy is kept up more and more these days for prestige and to show that Morocco isn't a colony.

Naval Weakness: Much like the Army, the Navy suffers from its small size and outdated nature, only ten fold. The ships are decades old and are severely outclassed by modern ships of their class, and most of their crew have never seen combat and simply sit in port with the ships to look pretty or go on luxury cruises for publicity. With only three ships of any serious armament, it is doubtful that the Navy could best even a torpedo boat of a contemporary European navy.

Further Military Description: In addition to the Army and Navy, there exist two other branches. There is the Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie, also known as the Royal Police. In peace time, the Gendarmerie act in a police role, supporting the Royal Governors and enforcing law and order when local officials cannot or in more remote rural regions who don't have the resources to support their own police. In war time, the Gendarmerie will be called up to serve as Military Police, enforcing regulations on soldiers, guarding prisoners, and ensuring order behind the lines. The second branch is the Royal Guards, an Elite unit made up of around a thousand men whose sole job is to follow and protect the Monarch and the Royal Family. The Royal Guard select its members through a brutal training process, and accepts recruits from the Army, Navy, and Gendarmerie. In times of war, the Monarch is will bring the entire Guard with them on campaign and use them as shock troops to tip the scale of a battle, similar to Napoleons Old Guard. The Old Guard receive the best equipment, including French bought Schmidt-Rubins and American Colt Pistols. They wear a distinctive uniform with variantions depending on the climate and unit (Red uniform with white cape in winter or fall, White uniform with red cape in the spring and summer. Blue for foot guards and green for mounted guards).

National Goals:
National Issues: [[what needs to be fixed in order for your nation to achieve its true potential]]
National Figures of Interest: [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations: [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History:
RP Sample:

#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by The Traansval on Sat May 04, 2019 7:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

Oldeaweth
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oldeaweth » Fri May 03, 2019 3:40 pm

Reservation

Nation Name: Occtania
Territory: Image
*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 3:46 pm

Oldeaweth wrote:
Reservation

Territory: (Image)
*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

That area is apart of France (The White). Unclaimed territory is colored a dark grey

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri May 03, 2019 5:03 pm

SCP Institution wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong...

+ Islam basically don't exist and Christianity is the only Abrahamic religion left.

>everyone forgets about Bresil, which is Protestant/Basically U.S.
>Doesn't really care, as long as you have faith in God, and believe that Christ has died for your sins, and are willing to brave the elements, will gladly welcome you, regardless if the head of your church is a firebrand Frenchie, or a dude in Rome/Constantinople with a funny hat.
>feelsthebaddestmannest
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri May 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Danceria wrote:

>everyone forgets about Bresil, which is Protestant/Basically U.S.
>Doesn't really care, as long as you have faith in God, and believe that Christ has died for your sins, and are willing to brave the elements, will gladly welcome you, regardless if the head of your church is a firebrand Frenchie, or a dude in Rome/Constantinople with a funny hat.
>feelsthebaddestmannest

Don't Forget Guyana... their just... weird.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri May 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
Danceria wrote:>everyone forgets about Bresil, which is Protestant/Basically U.S.
>feelsthebaddestmannest

They're not weird, they're the Weapons testing ground...
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri May 03, 2019 5:57 pm

Morocco looks good to me so far. With regard to the government, the mechanism of French colonial authority could be simply that the French consul in Marrakesh has a seat on Prince Massinissa's council and a position in the Royal Court as an adviser to the Queen. De jure, this would be purely a diplomatic courtesy to a special friend of the kingdom; de facto, it would allow enough access and influence to secure French colonial interests.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:Morocco looks good to me so far. With regard to the government, the mechanism of French colonial authority could be simply that the French consul in Marrakesh has a seat on Prince Massinissa's council and a position in the Royal Court as an adviser to the Queen. De jure, this would be purely a diplomatic courtesy to a special friend of the kingdom; de facto, it would allow enough access and influence to secure French colonial interests.

I was thinking that rather than a staight up Protectorate, atleast in the beginning, the Franco-Moroccan relation would be more of a close ally relationship with economic dependence of Morocco on France, with France primarily exerting political influence through economic interests in the mining industry. Maybe have French troops deployed in Morocco to "Protect French Economic Interests" but actually just there to ensure that if Morocco went against France that they could quickly deploy troops.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri May 03, 2019 6:15 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:Morocco looks good to me so far. With regard to the government, the mechanism of French colonial authority could be simply that the French consul in Marrakesh has a seat on Prince Massinissa's council and a position in the Royal Court as an adviser to the Queen. De jure, this would be purely a diplomatic courtesy to a special friend of the kingdom; de facto, it would allow enough access and influence to secure French colonial interests.

I was thinking that rather than a staight up Protectorate, atleast in the beginning, the Franco-Moroccan relation would be more of a close ally relationship with economic dependence of Morocco on France, with France primarily exerting political influence through economic interests in the mining industry. Maybe have French troops deployed in Morocco to "Protect French Economic Interests" but actually just there to ensure that if Morocco went against France that they could quickly deploy troops.

Considering that I originally had Morocco as a fully integrated part of France's colonial empire, I'd like you to meet me a little closer to halfway here. It doesn't have to be called a Protectorate, and it's fine for most of France's influence to come through control of the mining industry and the presence of troops. But I'd still like for there to be a French representative in the government with a special role compared to other foreign ministers and ambassadors.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:
The Traansval wrote:I was thinking that rather than a staight up Protectorate, atleast in the beginning, the Franco-Moroccan relation would be more of a close ally relationship with economic dependence of Morocco on France, with France primarily exerting political influence through economic interests in the mining industry. Maybe have French troops deployed in Morocco to "Protect French Economic Interests" but actually just there to ensure that if Morocco went against France that they could quickly deploy troops.

Considering that I originally had Morocco as a fully integrated part of France's colonial empire, I'd like you to meet me a little closer to halfway here. It doesn't have to be called a Protectorate, and it's fine for most of France's influence to come through control of the mining industry and the presence of troops. But I'd still like for there to be a French representative in the government with a special role compared to other foreign ministers and ambassadors.

Yeah the French representatives are good and make sense. Maybe appoint a Resident-General or Resident-Minister like IRL to be responsible for French troops in Morocco, French citizens and actions in Morocco, and French influence in Morocco either through the Monarch or the tribes. Just sort of brain storming.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri May 03, 2019 6:35 pm

The Traansval wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

Yeah the French representatives are good and make sense. Maybe appoint a Resident-General or Resident-Minister like IRL to be responsible for French troops in Morocco, French citizens and actions in Morocco, and French influence in Morocco either through the Monarch or the tribes. Just sort of brain storming.

That was my idea too: a French diplomatic representative - I was thinking a Consul-General - with a special position on the Royal Court and/or Prince Massinissa's council, so that he would have a direct line of communication to the decision-makers in Marrakesh.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Fri May 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Danceria wrote:
Kazarogkai wrote:

They're not weird, they're the Weapons testing ground...

My guys are rocking with Lebel Rifles, considering my closest neighbors seemed to be armed with single-shots for the most part perhaps a little bit of burying the hatchet could be done. By that I mean said hatchet buried into the skull of the the nearest monarchy eh, Ill give you some better weapons in exchange?

:twisted:
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 7:31 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
Danceria wrote:They're not weird, they're the Weapons testing ground...

My guys are rocking with Lebel Rifles, considering my closest neighbors seemed to be armed with single-shots for the most part perhaps a little bit of burying the hatchet could be done. By that I mean said hatchet buried into the skull of the the nearest monarchy eh, Ill give you some better weapons in exchange?

:twisted:

bruh Lebel gang represent brother

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri May 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Full Nation Name : The Free Republic of Mexica
Majority/Official Culture : Nahuatl and Mayan
Territorial Core : Mexico, those bits of land between Mexico and the western half of America, Central America up till the Colombian border, and Isla Isabela/neighboring islands.
Territorial Claim : Texas and Colombia
Capital City : Tenochtitlan
Population : 27,400,000

Government Type : Federal Representative Democracy
Government Ideology/Policies : Liberalism
Government Focus : Survival, and should that be accomplished-Economic Growth
Head of State : President Necalli Tlexicma
Head of Government : President Necalli Tlexicma
Government Description : The Free Republic of Mexica is a Representative Democracy with a unicameral legislature. The head of State and Government is the President-who is elected by the people using a first past the post system. The President has a number of powers given to him constitutionally by the people. These responsibilities include but aren't limited to: Responding to international or domestic crisis, Rallying support for various causes through campaigning, directing the efforts of the nation and meeting with foreign leaders. A new President is elected every four years and former Presidents may not run for a second term-except during a crisis, where the National Council must vote to allow the President to run for a second term, they must vote 2/3rds in favor for.

The National Council is the single legislative branch of the Mexica government. Its Legislator's are elected every five years through the single transferable vote system. Councilmen are limited to three terms in office, but may run for President, just as a President may run for Councilman after his term is up. The National Council is in session the whole year apart from December and Councilmen are required by law to be in attendance, though they are allowed a number of sick days each month.

Cities and large and/or wealthy towns are required to fund their own Police force, area's too remote or too poor to fund their own Police are protected by the Military. Criminal cases are handled in bench trials, where a jury is not present and decisions are made by appointed judges. These judges are appointed by the Calpixqui (Stewards, translatable to Mayor by 1906) for cities, towns and villages. For rural area's where the population is too dispersed to select a judge, one is appointed by the National Council. Decisions made by a judge can be challenged and if a High Judge decides to accept the case, it will move up and a new trial will begin. There are eight High Judges in the Republic and legal precedents are set by them. They do not rule as a single court, but as individual judges for different trials. Courtesy demands that they do not set up contradictory judgements in regards to different trials-so as not to create a confusing legal precedent.

All children are required to attend school if they are able. Only children from the most rural area's of the country are omitted, as schools do not exist in some areas. Where schools do exist however, children must attend until the 10th Year, with education beginning at age 6. Students may elect to remain in school until the age of 19 and these students are given preference for higher education. Both higher education and smaller schools are owned and operated by the government and are free. The costs of running the schools is taxed off of the local population, though the education budget is considered average by international standards. Healthcare is funded by local area's and is dependent on the amount of tax that each area brings in. Citizens may elect not to pay the Medical tax, but are ineligible to receive healthcare as a result-or must pay the full price of any visit they make to a clinic or hospital.

Public transportation is handled entirely by the private sector, with the exception of railroads-which are owned and operated by the government. Due to a recent initiative by the government, citizens may opt to pay money to the railroads instead of their medical tax and still receive the bonuses they would have if they were paying for their medical. There are no government plans for dental services, thus this sector has been taken over by the private sector.

Majority/State Religion : Traditional Nahuatl
Religious Description : Traditional Nahuatl is the name given to the primary and most popular religion within Mexica. Consisting of 29 Gods, it is a remnant of Mexica's traditional mythology, which was reformed in the early 1500's to have codified rites and a holy book in the form of the Holy Texts. Typically, a Mexica will worship either one or all the gods. It is believed that one will have more effective prayers and sacrifices by dedicating themselves to a single God, but this is a belief limited to Tenochtitlan and other major cities.

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism (Free Trade)
Major Production : Fruit, Agricultural Products, Textiles, Alcohol/Grain, Opium
Economic Description : The Mexica take a free market approach to the economy, with the government preferring to stand aside and let things play out as they will.

Development: Modern
Development Description : Mexica, previously the Aztec Empire, reformed from its primitive ways throughout the 1500's and 1600's and by the 1700's could be considered a semi-modern nation, with all the benefits that entails. Mexica maintains strong ties with other developed nations in America, it also has an simple, small railway network between its most major cities.

Army Description :
The Mexica Army is comprised of two armies, each numbering 250,000 Men. The President is considered the Commander in Chief and the Generals of both armies answer to him directly. Each army is divisible into 4 Corps of 62,500 Men and is led by a Corps Captain. Dividing further, each Corps is divisible into five Otomi's, numbering at 12,500 Men. In each Otomi there are 20 Battalions with 625 Men. Within each battalion there are 25 Regiments with 25 men each. The final division is the Rifle Team, consisting of 5 groups of 5 Men.

Officers are typically commissioned from the enlisted, though many exceptions were made when the Royalist Army was incorporated into the Rebel Army when the Mexica Republic was founded. Officers tend to work themselves out of the woodwork themselves, though when there is a need for a capable leader then a survey is done by other officers with the intent of finding talented individuals. Officers tend to allow their subordinates some degree of autonomy and discipline is usually enforced on the most unruly or undisciplined of soldiers. Officers must be no younger than 20 and no older than 55, apart from Corps Captains, Otomi Captains and Battalion Captains.

Soldiers in the Army are recruited between the ages of 16 and 37 and are required to serve for at least 5 years, though typically soldiers are expected to sign 7 or 9 year contracts. Regular soldiers are only allowed to be 45 or younger, thus a 37 year old could not enlist with a 9 year contract. There are bonuses for those that sign contracts for longer periods of time, with a 9 year bonus providing a whole years pay immediately after signing. Soldiers are paid by the government through taxation. If and when the Army is unable to pay all of its soldiers in cash, it will instead offer valuable equipment or items instead. Only men are able to become soldiers, though there is a special caveat for children to become soldiers. Those orphaned or abandoned by their families may be pressed into service. They receive a 1/4th pay and are required to serve until their 16th Birthday, when they are allowed to sign a normal contract or leave the Army.

All soldiers in The Mexica Army are equipped with the Gewehr 98 or the Carcano M1891 as their primary rifle. Officers may equip themselves with a rifle and also have the opportunity to equip themselves with either the Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless or the Smith & Wesson Model 10, the latter of which is the more popular of the two. Officers may also carry a saber of their choosing, and normal soldiers may carry a knife. Machine Gun teams operate using the Madsen machine gun. There are 61 Artillery Pieces in the Mexica Army in the form of the Canon de 75 modèle 1897. Soldiers are equipped with a sleeping roll, ammunition, at least a few weeks rations, cooking supplies and at least two water canteens each. They are afforded a rucksack to carry these things.

Soldiers in The Mexica Army undergo 4-6 months of training, depending on the level of discipline and battle readiness of a unit at its predetermined training-end date. Extensions may be given for groups of soldiers to receive additional training, should the instructors of training camps determine to do so. The training itself is grueling, with each soldier getting on average only six hours of sleep. They undergo training to learn how to use their rifle, deal with difficult terrain, administering first aid, tactics and idealogical conditioning. After a soldier has finished his initial training, he is assigned to an Army. During peacetime the Army's are required to spend 4 out of the 12 months in a state of partial training-doing drills and exercises to maintain a strong physicalness and mental fortitude within the soldiers. Both armies are not eligible to train at the same time and in times of war, both armies are immediately mobilized.

The Northern Army is led by General Coszcaxochitl Chimalli and the Southern Army is led by General Yaomara Acaland
Army Weakness : While pay is stable, it is not remarkable by any means. The Military is susceptible to bribery and corruption.
Naval Description :
The Mexica Navy is led firstly by the President, who is the Commander in Chief of all Mexica Forces. After the President is Admiral Cuetzpalli Zelyna, an experienced former Royalist Admiral who is credited with destroying piracy off the coast of Mexica. Under him is Vice Admiral Itzcoh Xoton, whose mother was Incan and father was a prominent sailor. Sailors in the Mexica Navy are-much like in the Army, promoted to Officers if they prove to have skills relating to leadership or the intricacies of naval warfare. Unlike in the Army however, a bit of nepotism exists within the Navy that has allowed for less qualified men to take on leadership roles on a good number of ships.

Sailors are given the same length contracts as the Army offers, with better bonuses and pay. Sailors are given only two months of training, typically on merchant ships who are contracted to allow the instruction. All sailors are taught basic first aid and how to navigate and operate a ship, should their captain become incapacitated. Further training may be required by the Captain or Admiral of a ship. though this is left to their discretion. The Navy consists of 2 Cruisers, 1 Destroyers, 2 Hospital Ships, 2 Ammunition Ships, 1 Repair Ship.
Naval Weakness : The Navy's weakness is primarily centered around the nepotism that exists within its ranks. Many officers are unqualified for their positions, which may lead to confusion or chaos if a war were to break out.
Further Military Description : (N/A) (May extend Naval Info later on)

National Goals : Strengthen the economy by transitioning it towards manufacturing as opposed to agriculture | Increase the literacy rate to 80% (Currently at 67%) | Maintain good relations with neighboring nations
National Issues : Corruption and nepotism must be eradicated throughout the nation, after this the Mexica must continue to industrialize further.
National Figures of Interest : WIP
National Ambition/Aspirations : Higher Economic Prosperity than any other nation in North or South America.

History : In 1517, Spaniards under the command of Hernández de Córdoba landed on the shores of the Yucatan. Comissioned by the Cuban governor to explore the jungled lands to the west, Cordoba and fifty other men ventured forth. They came upon a number of small villages whose inhabitants began to fall ill with diseases brought along with Spaniards. Before Cordoba could reach any of the major Maya cities his forces were ambushed twice, both times they were decimated by shadows from the forest. The natives fell upon the invaders and slaughtered them, the only survivor was a young man named Juan Andrés Fernandino. Fernandino was wounded but survived and was taken to Chichen Itza as a prisoner. There he met with the local ruler, a man by the name of Kinich Kakmo. Fernandino was able to escape sacrifice by agreeing to share information with Kakmo.

Disease spread through the Yucatan in the form of smallpox, wiping cities from the map forever. 45% of the Maya were killed by pestilence without ever having seen a single European. Huge amounts of refugees fled from their destroyed homes to the rural area's, taking over smaller villages and food supplies. Stability in the Yucatan was shattered and only a handful of settlements persisted, Chichen Itza being one of them.

Over the course of three months, Kakmo was taught about the Old World. Explanations as to the diseases now ravaging the peninsula, who the Spanish were and what kinds of weapons they used was all gathered. Fernandino gradually transitioned to being an honored advisor, who taught the warriors of Chichen Itza all he knew about warfare. Though skeptical, Kakmo utilized this knowledge to move and conquer the weakened city-states around him, proclaiming himself as Emperor of the Mayan People in less than two years.

He fought of two more small Spanish incursions, in both cases leaving no survivors to return to Spain. His luck did not hold out though, as he caught smallpox and nearly died. Fernandino took control of the Mayan City States in Kakmo's absence and proceeded to launch a massive purge that killed an additional 2% of the Mayans. Power was centralized around Fernandino, who ruled for a year before being killed by an assassin in his private quarters. Kakmo ascended back onto his throne.

Refugees fleeing smallpox fled northwest and eventually came upon the Mexica people. As information began to trickle in and coinciding with omens of war for Montezuma II, Mexica warriors were alerted and a close eye was put on the coastal enemies of the Mexica. In 1519, Hernan Cortes landed on the coast. Montezuma's warriors waited until nightfall of the third day and then fell upon the conquistadors. The Mexica were defeated but the Spaniards were bloodied and Cortes himself lost an eye. The Spanish proceeded onto Cempoala, where they received help from the natives. Montezuma attacked the settlement and forced Cortes to flee with only a quarter of his men, the settlement was purged and many Totonac's were killed.

Cortes and his men escaped, though Cortes died of his wounds on the way back to Spain. Already having trouble with the Mayans and now facing what was assumed to be a massive native Empire, the Spanish incursions slowed and then stopped entirely by 1530. Montezuma eventually reformed the federation of City States that were the Mexica. He built a proper Empire and began to conquer states directly, using the model of governance of a new rival in the far south-east. Simultaneously the Maya began to expand themselves into Central America and west.

The Great Dying was a smallpox epidemic that wiped out 80% of the population of the city of Tenochtitlan, including Montezuma and his family. Beginning in 1533 and ending in 1535 The City was in chaos and only intervention by the nearby altepetl of Texcoco restored order. When those in Texcoco began to show symptoms themselves, they were killed unceremoniously. An effort by the Texcoco saw many from the city move to Tenochtitlan, so as not to let the city fall into disrepair and abandonment. This eventually led to a division between Texcoco-origin families and those who had survived The Great Dying.

By 1569, the Maya and the Mexica dominated their respective area's. Armed with European weapons and more notably horses, both Empires were easily able to outclass the weaker settlements of Mesoamerica. A period of mistrust began between them as they continued to fill out and grow. The Mexica were unable to bounce back from their drastic population loss during The Great Dying, but nonetheless were able to keep up with Maya development

European-Mesoamerican Trade was lucrative for both parties. Plants such as cocoa found their way to Europe. Blackpowder firearms, metal tools and horses became more abundant.

The Maya-Mexica War broke out in 1789. Emperor Tlacolotl II of the Mexica met fierce resistance from the forces of Emperor Q'uq'umatz of the Mayan Empire. 150,000 Mayans were slaughtered as Tlacolotl tore through dozens of Mayan settlements, conscripting able-bodied men and killing anyone who resisted. By 1793 the Mayan Empire was subdued and Emperor Q'uq'umatz captured and subsequently executed. Mayan women were married to Mexica men and Mayan men were sold into slavery to the Europeans. What would later be known as the Mayan Genocide was eventually ended after a few years when a massive rebellion broke out in Central America. The Mexica overtook the Maya, the damage had been done.

The Empire of Mexica persisted in relative diplomatic isolation. A small modernization process, which had been pursued since at least the later 1600's went into full effect and by 1880, the Nation was on par with many of the other American nations in terms of technology. Still unrest boiled up and in 1903 another massive revolt broke out in the Yucatan, led by the minority Maya there. The Turtleshell Revolt eventually grew into the Mexica Civil War as more states broke off and joined the rebels. In less than eight months the Monarchy collapsed and the government was destroyed. Traitors fled into South America and the Royal Family was executed after being convicted by kangaroo courts. A new government was formed and three years later the new Free Republic of Mexica persists.

RP Sample: I have three samples in my signature, i was also a participant in the 1850 Alternative Divergence

While lagging behind Europe, i still want the Mexica to be somewhat modern. Its semi-modern now, the railroads are drastically reduced and so has the navy. Rewrote some other things to mention more of the Columbian Exchange and the massive deaths brought about by disease. Apart from National Figures of Interest, i'm finished.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 10:55 pm

• Probably. China seems to be mainly following Confucianism, Bengal seems to be Buddhist.
  • Islam still exists and it existed. It is just that Islamic states were generally defeated and occupied and Islam never spread as much as it did in real life, Islam also lost Mecca and Medina early on so the religion as a whole has been declining. There are Muslims in Egypt and the Levant but they are directly oppressed by the Roman authorities.
  • The Catholic and Orthodox Churches are still theoretically united in a Greater Chalcedonian Church, being in full communion with each other, but that is mostly a political move, the continued unity of the church has been forced by the two Roman Empires, as all the differences between Orthodoxy and Catholicism still exist. France and parts of the Central European Empire seem to be Protestant, and most of the Rus Commonwealth seems to be following Nestorianism.
  • No, Bresil would probably have a Protestant majority and some sort of tolerance
  • The Ancient Mesopotamian religion/Babylonian paganism.
  • Japan probably just as always follows both Shintoism and Confucianism, with a bit of Buddhism in the mix.

I would also like to remind you that you have a day left to explain your concept for Great Britain before you'll lose your reservation

Oldeaweth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Oldeaweth » Sat May 04, 2019 12:51 am

The Traansval wrote:
Oldeaweth wrote:
Reservation

Territory: (Image)

That area is apart of France (The White). Unclaimed territory is colored a dark grey

Oh sorry about that.

Oldeaweth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Oldeaweth » Sat May 04, 2019 1:26 am

Reservation

Nation Name: Deutsches Fürstentum Seelandia/ German Principality of Zealandia
Territory: New Zealand

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Sat May 04, 2019 3:01 am

Interestingly, France might try to present itself as the protector of the Islamic world - as Napoleon briefly attempted historically - since it sees the Reformed Faith and Islam as facing a common enemy in Roman/Chalcedonian Caeseropapist persecution. As far back as the Reformation, many Protestant thinkers found Islam's emphasis on predestination, sobriety, and iconoclasm appealing.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse