NATION

PASSWORD

1906: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

Evening

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 9:30 am

The Traansval wrote:Evening

Hello there
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 9:34 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Traansval wrote:Evening

Hello there

General Kenobi
Last edited by The Traansval on Fri May 03, 2019 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri May 03, 2019 9:41 am

So, I am just curious if my application still needs anything?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 9:51 am

Benuty wrote:So, I am just curious if my application still needs anything?

I will be reviewing it tonight, as always, my apologies for the delay. Having an entire OP board can't unfortunately compensate for most of its members being busy.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am

The Traansval wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Hello there

General Kenobi

Nice

The world is unfortunately kinda full, but is there anything you'd be interested in?

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Fri May 03, 2019 9:57 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Traansval wrote:General Kenobi

Nice

The world is unfortunately kinda full, but is there anything you'd be interested in?

You know what would be cool..If there was the option to be an international organization...a Corporation, Religious Movement, Terrorist Group, etc. That way, playing wouldn't be stuck merely to territorial claims, no?

I am putting this out there as an idea to all our Venerable OPs and Co-Ops.
Last edited by Nea Byzantia on Fri May 03, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 9:58 am

Reservation

Nation Name: Morocco
Territory: Modern day Morocco and Western Saharra
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Traansval wrote:General Kenobi

Nice

I figured I'd delve into Morocco, it was either that or something in South Africa. Not exactly certain what path I'll take for an alternate Morocco but probably some form which allows for resistance against colonial powers.
Last edited by The Traansval on Fri May 03, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 9:59 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Nice

You know what would be cool..If there was the option to be an international organization...a Corporation, Religious Movement, Terrorist Group, etc. That way, playing wouldn't be stuck merely to territorial claims, no?

And unfortunately I am here to tell you that the idea was shot down again and again throughout the iterations, mainly because of the difficulties inherent to playing such a thing and the issues in moderation that would be created from that.

I'll mention it again to the OP board but I doubt that Oscal's opinion changed.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Fri May 03, 2019 10:00 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:You know what would be cool..If there was the option to be an international organization...a Corporation, Religious Movement, Terrorist Group, etc. That way, playing wouldn't be stuck merely to territorial claims, no?

And unfortunately I am here to tell you that the idea was shot down again and again throughout the iterations, mainly because of the difficulties inherent to playing such a thing and the issues in moderation that would be created from that.

Oh...That's a shame. Cause it would definitely make things more interesting; and more realistic.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 10:01 am

The Traansval wrote:
Reservation

*Note: Reservations will last for 72 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

I'm afraid that Morocco is a French colony. I'm sorry if the map seems confusing, the white color was requested specifically by the French player and it only occurred to me a few days ago that the standard Victoria 2 map used by most roleplays uses white for the blank provinces.

As always, if the French player would be willing to give that up to you that could happen, but I doubt that it will - France is in a precarious position and it needs all of her colonies, so I could understand a refusal.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 10:01 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:And unfortunately I am here to tell you that the idea was shot down again and again throughout the iterations, mainly because of the difficulties inherent to playing such a thing and the issues in moderation that would be created from that.

Oh...That's a shame. Cause it would definitely make things more interesting; and more realistic.

And more difficult, since playing such an organization could lead to a lot of issues.

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 10:01 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Traansval wrote:
Reservation

I'm afraid that Morocco is a French colony. I'm sorry if the map seems confusing, the white color was requested specifically by the French player and it only occurred to me a few days ago that the standard Victoria 2 map used by most roleplays uses white for the blank provinces.

As always, if the French player would be willing to give that up to you that could happen, but I doubt that it will - France is in a precarious position and it needs all of her colonies, so I could understand a refusal.

Wait, the white is France? Oof. Yeah thats incredibly confusing lmao.
Last edited by The Traansval on Fri May 03, 2019 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 10:02 am

The Traansval wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I'm afraid that Morocco is a French colony. I'm sorry if the map seems confusing, the white color was requested specifically by the French player and it only occurred to me a few days ago that the standard Victoria 2 map used by most roleplays uses white for the blank provinces.

Wait, the white is France? Oof. Yeah thats incredibly confusing lmao.

Our map starts with light gray as the color of all provinces, and we've been using that for several iterations that's why I completely forgot about the colors, something that I will try to fix in the next iteration of the map.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Fri May 03, 2019 10:04 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Oh...That's a shame. Cause it would definitely make things more interesting; and more realistic.

And more difficult, since playing such an organization could lead to a lot of issues.

Are there any "States within States"? Like a Vatican or anything?

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri May 03, 2019 10:05 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Traansval wrote:
Reservation

I'd be willing to negotiate it. France is indeed in a precarious position, but it's still possible that Morocco is somewhat more loosely held than the rest of France's colonial empire: maybe it's a sort of indirect rule exercised through local authorities and administrators, a bit like the Princely States in the British Raj, or the "veiled protectorate" in Egypt. That would leave a Moroccan government of sorts in place, with the ability to raise taxes, make law, and even levy its own troops. And it would create an interesting dynamic whereby the Moroccan authorities and the French authorities would be locked in an uneasy, codependent dance: neither certain of its own survival without the other, but neither entirely able to trust the other either.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 10:06 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:And more difficult, since playing such an organization could lead to a lot of issues.

Are there any "States within States"? Like a Vatican or anything?

As before, it's up to the players.

I doubt that the Vatican specifically would exist, considering that the Pope has been under the influence of the Western Roman Emperor for centuries here. If willing, people could potentially give up territory though - as an example, my Crimea was controlled by a protectorate Principality of Taurica for the first two iterations of this roleplay.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri May 03, 2019 10:07 am

Also, if the white is all that confusing, feel free to change it to anything that works; my aesthetic preferences are far less important than the legibility of the map.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 10:07 am

Reverend Norv wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I'm afraid that Morocco is a French colony. I'm sorry if the map seems confusing, the white color was requested specifically by the French player and it only occurred to me a few days ago that the standard Victoria 2 map used by most roleplays uses white for the blank provinces.

I'd be willing to negotiate it. France is indeed in a precarious position, but it's still possible that Morocco is somewhat more loosely held than the rest of France's colonial empire: maybe it's a sort of indirect rule exercised through local authorities and administrators, a bit like the Princely States in the British Raj, or the "veiled protectorate" in Egypt. That would leave a Moroccan government of sorts in place, with the ability to raise taxes, make law, and even levy its own troops. And it would create an interesting dynamic whereby the Moroccan authorities and the French authorities would be locked in an uneasy, codependent dance: neither certain of its own survival without the other, but neither entirely able to trust the other either.

I'd be willing to play as Protectorate Morocco

Reverend Norv wrote:Also, if the white is all that confusing, feel free to change it to anything that works; my aesthetic preferences are far less important than the legibility of the map.

I think the whites only confusing until its explained. A legend to go with the map could help a bit but I think its a minor point that doesn't really nessecitate changing the whole map.
Last edited by The Traansval on Fri May 03, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 am

The Traansval wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:

I'd be willing to play as Protectorate Morocco

Reverend Norv wrote:Also, if the white is all that confusing, feel free to change it to anything that works; my aesthetic preferences are far less important than the legibility of the map.

I think the whites only confusing until its explained. A legend to go with the map could help a bit but I think its a minor point that doesn't really nessecitate changing the whole map.

Sounds good to me. Give my app a read-through, and then let me know what history for Morocco you find plausible in that context. I'm not going to be nitpicky here, so anything you come up with will probably be fine. This should be fun!

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Fri May 03, 2019 10:10 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Are there any "States within States"? Like a Vatican or anything?

As before, it's up to the players.

I doubt that the Vatican specifically would exist, considering that the Pope has been under the influence of the Western Roman Emperor for centuries here. If willing, people could potentially give up territory though - as an example, my Crimea was controlled by a protectorate Principality of Taurica for the first two iterations of this roleplay.

Would you be willing to do that with any of your territory? Would the ERE have any Protectorates or Client-Kings?

The Traansval
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Traansval » Fri May 03, 2019 10:13 am

>The French are Protestant in this timeline

This is truly a cursed timeline

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 10:14 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:As before, it's up to the players.

Would you be willing to do that with any of your territory? Would the ERE have any Protectorates or Client-Kings?

Well, for me it's a bit complicated. The territory that I could the easiest explain would be Egypt, as Egypt is divided into three vaguely autonomous Exarchates, but that province is too valuable for me to risk potential rebellions or stuff like that, so I would be very hesitant. The southernmost exarchate maybe, but even then I'm afraid that I would be too picky with the app for that player to feel comfortable.

Taurica/Crimea is also potentially organized as an Exarchate, but it's too small to do much, that was the main reason for why the player of that Principality there abandoned the roleplay.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 03, 2019 10:14 am

The Traansval wrote:>The French are Protestant in this timeline

Any timeline in which the French exist is cursed

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri May 03, 2019 10:19 am

The Traansval wrote:>The French are Protestant in this timeline

Hon hon hon.

Calvinist work ethic.

Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrates.

Puritan abolitionism.

Hon hon hon!

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse