NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Sshalah
Sshalah couldn't say anything to Dana. The voice had been softly spoken and unlike Phe and those playing the role of guard a reaction from another prisoner wouldn't, if not outright a blunt assurance, cause suspecion. For Sshalah the already sad look was simply augmented by a lowered head. There was nothing more then a glance at those playing guard as one defeated may have. She was genuinely still feeling samples of worry, aware of how all this could fail which showed it's self in the eyes. This was the brig, and she was still not clear when the group would strike. Only that she could end up in a cell again.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:35 am

Sho'chavuk

As Sho watched and listened, he felt a tinge of anxiety. Did it feel like things were dragging on too long? Maybe so.. He felt himself getting tense, but was able to relax as the Kiel Havann provided directions to the lift that Sho presumed would lead to the bridge. Moving down so that he was closer to the opening of the door, the Tz'ath waited until one of the Ragons passed by. Then he quickly crawled out before quietly dropping down to the floor. It wasn't difficult to hide himself again after that, as he darted behind a neat stacking of crates some distance away from the Undeniable.

"Goodness..." Sho stopped to marvel at the sheer size of the bay alone. He'd never been on a dedicated Kiel warship before. It was... Intimidating, to say the least. Spirits, guide my path, he prayed silently as he moved from one pile of obstacles to the next.

The sights before him demanded his full attention. He could see fighters in their bays with Kiel among them, tending to their systems. It would be unfortunate if those little birds had their wings clipped, no? Sho smirked, as ideas popped up in his head. He was close to diverting from his original objective at that point. Good thing he had his earpiece, and Thanica spoke out to him before he went on his own path. Sho's ears perked up at the sound.

"U-uh.. No, not yet, O' Commander. E-eh.. Hmm.. Just a moment." There was a sound of something metallic being wrenched out of place, then the Tz'ath's voice followed. "Alright. I have entered the vents and determined that they are just the right size. Very nice. But very dusty, also. Sad... Anyway! What is it you need me to do?"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:42 pm

"Sho, there are a lot of cameras here," Thanica replied into the comms unit, "Can you see if there is any way you can deactivate them? I'm guessing there must be a power cable running into the brig. And everyone... avoid killing people. If we do this right it should be unnecessary."

The others with comm units would hear what she was saying though the actual KC soldiers remained completely oblivious. The desk Sergeant looked up, scanned the group of new arrivals. He was bald, either that or he had chosen to shave his head, and didn't look at all concerned by the new arrivals. He looked between them, before finally settling on Mihal and standing up to give a respectful salute, "Captain, I understand these prisoners are for transfer. If you give me their names I can look up their details and whether there are any outstanding bounties."

That would probably take a while. It would give Sho a chance to go cable hunting. As it turned out, there was only one cable powering the brig hidden behind a wall panel that was accessible from the vents. It would definitely cut the cameras though there was a chance it would do other things as well...

Meanwhile, upstairs, the engineers were also making their way off the ship. It looked like they were about to get away without any trouble, but just as they seemed like they were about to disappear amongst the crew in the hangar bay an officious voice called out from behind them, "Hey, where do you think you're going?" Havann came striding over from where he had been filling out some paperwork on a tablet.

"Sir," Vrondich smiled roguishly, "I know, technically, we're not supposed to be going onto the ship to get food, but if you knew the quality of the cooking on the Undeniable, you would forgive us."

"You could say it is undeniably awful," Rabaech chipped in. It wasn't clear if it was intended as a bad pun, or if Rabaech was being naive, but it got a groan from Vrondich either way.

"Yes, it is against the rules," Havann motioned in the direction of the ship, "And I don't care if your cook is no good. You need to fill out the appropriate requisition forms for a meal and your Captain said there were none to be processed."

"The Captain doesn't have any taste either," Vrondich shook his head, then extracted a credit stick from his top pocket, putting it instead in Havann's, "Though I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement, you scratch my back if I scratch yours."

Havann gave Vrondich a suspicious glare, then removed the stick from his pocket, checking how much was on it. He looked at it for a long while, seemingly considering what he wanted to do, then nodded, "And you just want some food?"

"Just so food," Vrondich agreed, "Any chance you can point us in the right direction?" Not that he had any intention whatsoever of going to the mess hall, but it never hurt to keep the charade going.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Brig Bay of The Zearataca
(Co-written by Dyelli Beybi, Arengin Union, Skaldia, Bingellia, Kylantha, and New Udonia)

Sho arrives to the brig letting Carter know of the plan, Carter makes a deal with an unlikely prisoner and hell breaks lose.

A soft, but inharmonious tune bounced around the vents as Sho made his way through them. The humming stopped when Thanica came through the comms again, and Sho pressed on the earpiece to hear better. He then nodded.

"Yes, I can do that, O' Commander."

He took note of the signs above each opening and panel, as well as the cables running along the floor of the vents. There were names and numbers painted on the walls, and the cables were color-coded. He noticed one which was under the Containment bracket, and thus followed that one until eventually, he reached a sudden drop.

"Ah." he nodded to himself as his gaze found the sign which read, 'CONTAINMENT' with a red arrow that pointed straight down. The cable with the matching color went down that way, too. "Here I go then." he shrugged and slunk over the edge.

The sign was right. Peeking out one of the grates near the floor, the Tz'ath could fathom the vastness of the brig. He could make out prisoners behind their cell walls too, pacing about or sitting in regretful/non-regretful silence.

"Excellent." he said with a grin and continued following the thick cable. There was an upward incline shortly thereafter, which brought him above the cells. He could then see into each one he passed through the grates. Every now and then he would start humming, and then realise that he wasn't supposed to. It kept him distracted until he passed a particularly smelly vent.

"Oh- Oh?.." he froze in mid-step, and then moved backwards a few paces so his face was above the vent. He sniffed once, and his face lit up. "Ah! I know this putrid stench! It is the Captain!" he hissed, then pressed on the earpiece to activate it. "O' Commander, I have found the Captain!"

Sho then pressed his face against the grate and hissed, "Captain! It is I, Sho'chavuk! We are here to save you! Pretend to speak to a bug on the ceiling, lest we be discovered!"

That hiss, seems familiar... The Captain thought as he looked up the ceiling and his eyes looked deeply into the grates above him, Could it be? And indeed it was, Sho'chavuk, the feisty Tz'ath had shown up suddenly and he was quite a sight for sore eyes. Heeding to the Tz'ath's advise Carter remained sitting down as he wobbled his head to pretend lunacy and be ignored by the guards outside his cells.

"Sho, thank god its you!" Carter said with glee, careful not to attract unwanted attention. The human had been alone for way too long, debating himself what to do and to a point he had almost given up and almost come to accept a terrible fate but that had changed now for the better.

With greetings out of the way Sho then asked, "Now, tell me.. Do you know with which number the camera in your room is marked?"

"I'm not sure..." Carter responded to Sho's question as he then looked cautiously over to the camera which scanned the entirety of the room, spotting a number at the side of the device.

"Two, zero, three!" Carter said rapidly, hoping Sho would hear the numbers as the Human once again wobbled his head and pretended to be playing with his hands like a madman to fool the Kiel. And then once more the Human spoke up to the Tz'ath.

"If the others are here you should head on quick to disable whatever needs to be, I dont think we have enough time!" Looking to the halls outside his cell as a guard passed by Carter took a deep breath, "Perhaps an explosive could get the Kiel's attention?"

The Human and Tz'ath kept talking for a few seconds, trying to come up with the nest course of action and unknown to them someone was hearing them. Luckily this presence was no guard, rather someone with much to gain from this break.

He'd given up on counting how long he had been trapped here. Once the Chuchulim had given up their prisoner, the Zeracata had sped away. He did not know if his Mate still lived, along with his children. He had hoped they were aboard the Kiel frigate. But the thought came with it's own worries, not least of which was the fact that the Kiel were no doubt on the trail of the frigate. If they caught the ship, they would destroy it and with it's destruction, the Rychese Clan would be obliterated. And with the Clan gone, so too his family.

They had not begun to torture the Ar'kaevian. No doubt that waited for more skilled hands than what was available aboard the battlecruiser. The Ar'kaevi were hardy people, and these Kiel were soft. If they had not used duplicity, the Rychese would had easily taken the Chuchulim and a ship of their choosing. Instead, his Clan was gone. He should have resigned himself to his fate, taken his own life somehow. But dreams of seeing his family once more, holding his beautiful Mate and laying eyes upon his children, kept him going.

They had stuffed a new prisoner next to the cell of Ry'kanos. He had largely ignored the new prisoner. Another kezahkh just like all the others. However, he perked up when he heard heated whispers. His handle of other languages, even without the contraptions introduced by the Kiel, had been superlative. He listened with half an ear, moving across the cell to press ear against wall, as the prisoner and someone else spoke of escaping. It was only when the human mentioned explosives that Ry'kanos scoffed.

As quietly as he could, he broke in to the conversation,"If you want every Kiel to come down on us, by all mean, use explosives."

Above, Sho listened attentively. Two.. Zero.. Three.. he repeated in his head. He smiled widely and nodded at the thought of using some sort of bomb to distract the Kiel. He would have done exactly that, had the prisoner next door not spoken up.

"A-ah?" his ears perked up, and he craned his neck over to the nearby vent. Who do we have here?

Flinching with surprise at the intrusion but regaining composure and focus quickly, Carter stood up from his position. Looking over to the wall from where those words had come from the human rested his shoulder against it, acting casual as Sho had suggested to him before. A small gap within the walls served as the opening for both men to talk.

"Well, well... You seem to be quite the concerned inmate. Any other better suggestion you may have?" Carter said with a speck of sarcasm and genuine curiosity, still careful as to who was around to hear.

The sarcasm fell on deaf ears. The human was not worth getting in to a verbal tirade with. However, a glimmer of hope had awakened in Kanos' chest. Rising from the floor, he too leaned against the wall. They had stripped him of his armor, leading him in just his Oalv, a thin cotton jerkin stained with dried blood and sweat. They had tore away his honors from his braids and the marks of his kill from his armor. It had been a sacrilege that had to be repaid in their blood. He would exact his toll if he could find a means of escape with these kezahkh.

"The Kiel are not stupid," he said softly, seeming to be losing his mind as he tapped his head rhythmically against the wall while he muttered,"The cables that connect the surveillance of the brig are protected by a protective field so explosives would not only bring attention but do nothing." That should have been obvious to these erstwhile allies, but one worked with the tools one was given.

"The central tower's mainframe controls the protective relay. Your.. friend- should be able to disable it..," He paused, hearing something come closer before passing on,"But we need to cause a diversion so they can disable the relay and get back to the vents to disable the cables."

A slight smile in his face, Carter nodded as he listened to the Ar'kaevian's words. Whether he was telling the whole truth or trying to fool them was not clear but the human knew he had no time to ask those questions. No questions except for one.

"Alright, so you're telling me all this useful info," Carter said unassumingly, "What's in it for you?"

A smirk."What else. Take me with you. In exchange, I give you my Oath to bleed for you until we have escaped or died trying."

There really was no other way to garner the human's trust but to give an Oath on it. The human probably had no idea the cultural significance of an Ar'kaevi giving an Oath, but that was irrelevant as far as Kanos was concerned. An Ar'kaevian Oath was stronger than iron.

Either trust this guy and have a gamble at freedom, or doom the others to death no matter what... Carter pondered for a few seconds, considering his options and most especially their limited time Carter nodded to himself.

"Deal, lets get to it then!" He said quickly as he then walked over to the cell door and closing in the Human let out a shout from the top of his lung.

"GET ME OUTTA HERE YOUR KIEL BASTARDS!" The Human said as he then began to kick the door to little avail, looking up quickly to Sho who was still at the grates. "Get to it then fella..." Carter winked at him as he then continued slamming the door. The various other prisoners noticing the strange Dhasath offshoot's rambling and at first largely ignoring it as nothing but a lunatic acting up.

The Dhasath-like was quick, Kanos had to give him that. Following his lead, Kanos walked up to the door and began kicking and screaming as loud as he could, shouting curses in Elder Kaevi and hooting like a Madgrialian hoot owl, which was to say, very loudly and comically.

The Ar'kaevian's actions had propped up the Human's as then another inmate joined in on the shouting and slamming, then another, and then several more. Many of these prisoners were disgraced Kiel soldiers, auxiliaries gone rogue, varying other species of other professions who were fed up with the Command and with this brig.

"OPEN THIS DOOR YOU COMMAND SERVARKS!" One prisoner screamed, a dishonored Kiel who had had enough being subject to this treatment simply for disobeying immoral orders.

"COMMAND CAN SUCK A GART'S UTTER!" Another one shouted as he slammed the cell's door. A large Kay-Si who fought for his people and wanted freedom for them.

"I WANT VARVIAN TENDERS NOW!" Yet another one shouted, a violent Kalisi with hunger for flesh.

A more shouting and slamming broke down around the cells, the guards at the helm at first confused as they had their weapons ready and more guards began to arrive from the main tower. The security being busy with the prisoner's disturbances would provide anyone small enough and fast enough to do as they pleased for a few minutes at least. Perfect chance for anything to happen for that time.

Sho'chavuk had been listening to the conversation, frowning a little. He shrugged, repeating what he'd heard from the stranger in his mind. Protective... Relay

"Okay. I shall eat it." he said as Carter and the new ally started to make noise. Soon the others in the brig were in on it too, therefore riling up the guards.

"Oy." Sho folded his ears down, the loud sounds filling the vents and disorientating him slightly. It did not stop him from finding an egress from the vents however, and soon he was across the quickly busying floor and up the side of the main control tower. How fortunate that everybody had gone to deal with the riot, everything up here was left unattended.

"Ooh~" Sho rubbed his palms together and licked his lips. All these buttons, all these switches, all the chaos that could commence... NO! STAY THY HAND, DAEMON!

Sho shook his head violently and huffed loudly, pounding his chest with one hand. "I have a mission! And my mission is to find the.... The... Persuasive... Shoelace..? Ah, whatever."

He went up to the board of controls, looking for something that might indicate what he was looking for. He jumped up onto the bar, being unable to see all the controls. He looked over them for a minute before seeing it. "A-ha!" he snapped, hunching over a knob with Field Relay written under it. He reached for it, but then paused for a second. "Ha! What am I doing? How barbaric!" he then laughed, then opened his mouth to full gape. As his jaw was highly distensible, it encompassed the knob entirely. Once his teeth were buried, he clenched his jaw and tore out the entire thing.

"There we go!" he sounded pleased as he chewed on the mix of various materials. He then hopped off to head for the door, which wasn't the way he came in, but doing so allowed him to see a small cabin of sorts. Inside was a tall panel filled with familiar looking cables. Above was written in Kiel script, C001-C-300.

"Oh my!" Sho said with delight, running up to the panel. There he looked for the cables numbered 203 and 204, twisted them, and pulled them out. And for good measure, he chewed on them until their connectors fell to the floor.

He then quickly made his way out of the tower, entering the nearest vent. On the way back, he stopped in front of a panel to which several other thick cables connected to. By the sign on it, it controlled all the other cameras outside of the cells. Unwilling to take each one out one by one, Sho took several mouthfuls of cables, shearing them all off quickly. After, he scrambled up to the grate above Carter's cell.

"I have done it, Captain! I've had my lunch-- I mean.. I've disconnected the cameras!" he said, pausing as a Kiel officer passed by, whacking his stun baton against the doors and demanding silence.

Pressing his finger against the earpiece once more, Sho addressed Thanica, "O' Commander. I have done as you asked. What else would you have me do?"

Suddenly everything went dark in the brig before, a few moments later, a few dim, red emergency lights flicked on, bathing the cells and walkways in dimly tinted light as an emergency siren went off. Coincidentally for anyone trying the cell doors, the magnetic locks holding them shut had also failed. Perhaps due to an error in judgement or, more likely, a lazy engineer labelling the wires wrong, Sho had actually cut power to the entire brig, "Power cut!" the desk Sergeant scrambled to his feet, grabbing a shock baton from his desk, "Secure the prisoners! You lot, lend us a hand!" he said, motioning at the imposters from the Defiance crew.

"Sho," Thanica spoke hurriedly over the comms, "I'm going to run forward, guide me in the right direction," as she spoke she ran forward, blindly into the brig, trusting in Sho to send her in the right direction, "I think we're about to have a prison riot on our hands, if we do this right we can get in and out in the chaos. Think fast and try not to blow our cover!"

She wasn't far wrong. There weren't enough guards to hold all the prisoners back once they realised their cells were open, but a good percentage of the prisoners were Kiellar troopers on disciplinary charges and they might well join in with the guards. There was about to be a brawl...

Hearing the Desk Sergeant's orders, Cridrac gestured toward Vandul to follow Thanica. "Keep the Commander in one piece, I'll be a guard today." Cridrac ran toward the nearest opening cell, bringing his baton down on a prisoner. Most prisoners succumbed after a single strike, as the electrical shock would disrupt their nervous system rendering them unconscious for a few hours.

Where is she going? Vandul struggled to keep up with the Dhasath, as each prisoner who rushed the auxiliary would require several moments to incapacitate. Slow down! Then he remembered. Using the infiltrators' private frequency, he nearly screamed the words. "Commander, the Captain doesn't know you are alive, don't let him recognize you!"

"You heard the sergeant," Mihal shouted as he unclasped his holster, "get the rabble in line!" He remembered his wrist, he was only a button press away from releasing the imposer prisoners and making things much harder for the actual Command guards trying to get things in line...

Sho had left, scurrying around the vents to get with the others as Carter began to exit the cell cautiously. Looking around him was difficult as the piercing red lights and the subsequent darkness made his vision difficult. Carter looked around, fighting was everywhere as Guards and prisoners brawled with fury.

Carter tried to see where his fellow prisoner had gone to to no avail as he quickly focused on finding his crew. Gotta get to the others, but where...

The human suddenly found himself tackled by two bulky guards, one of them holding at his upper body trying to choke his neck and the other tackling his abdomen. He tried to fight back, launching a punch at the first one's jaw.

"Get a hold of him, he can't escape!" A guard shouted as another one joined in, hitting at Carter with a baton. The human did his hest to defend himself as he was slammed to the wall. Once more he managed to get a hit on another guard, ramming his arms at the guards back and then landing one hit at another ones face but it became a fruitless battle as he was overwhelmed.

Kanos, as soon as the darkness had fallen, allowed his eyes to adjust. Ar'kaevi did not possess complete night vision, but theirs was considerably better than what humans possessed. He cautiously moved towards the exit of his cell, in time to see his erstwhile companion tackled by two burly Kiel guards. Finally, he thought. A chance for true vengeance. He had been rendered completely impotent since his capture, forced to endure the humiliation of defeat and the loss of his entire Clan. All because of the Kiel. He could not Oath to find vengeance against the Kiel- his family came first. But, along the way to reunion, he would take every opportunity to sate his desire for revenge.

Stalking forward, he grabbed the jaw of the heaviest Kiel and the back of the man's head in the other hand. With a wrench of his powerful arms, the head was twisted almost 180 degrees, following by a sickening crack. With his compatriot suddenly dead, he broke away from Carter to see the new threat looming. Ry'kanos was a sight, covered in dried blood and ritualistic scars that marked him as Exile, wearing nothing but is Oavl, the thin jerkin worn beneath armor. In his eyes loomed death, but it would not be by his hands that the Kiel would suffer his fate.

Carter was in disbelief at what he had seen, unsure how to answer besides a simple.

"T-thanks!" The human couldn't let any confusion or fears get in the way of the goal at hand. Standing up with the help of the Ak'kaevi the two looked at each other.

"The surveillance system huh!?" Carter said alluding to Kanos innacurate information regarding the cables. All the while hell broke lose around the two men of different worlds.

Kanos grinned, eyes constantly shifting for any looming threat before he focused golden eyes on the human and nodded,"Do I look like an engineer?" He said with a bit of a bite to his words, but smiled to soften the words.

"Let's get the Nine Hells out of here, kezakhk."

Carter didn't need further motivation as he moved alongside the Ar'Kaevi. Carter had forgotten about Krystyn at all though as he moved to the fellow humans cell alongside Kanos. Fighting was all around as Carter got a hold of a baton and quickly knocked an incoming guard out of the way, another one came at him and Carter quickly kicked him back, still moving alongside Kanos in direction of Krystyn, all of them longing for freedom.

"Lets get going Krys!" Carter shouted over to Krystyn, the time was running out quickly.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

The Imarian Monarchy
Attaché

Founded: Jan 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imarian Monarchy » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Suddenly everything went dark in the brig before, a few moments later, a few dim, red emergency lights flicked on, bathing the cells and walkways in dimly tinted light as an emergency siren went off. Coincidentally for anyone trying the cell doors, the magnetic locks holding them shut had also failed. Perhaps due to an error in judgement or, more likely, a lazy engineer labelling the wires wrong, Sho had actually cut power to the entire brig, "Power cut!" the desk Sergeant scrambled to his feet, grabbing a shock baton from his desk, "Secure the prisoners! You lot, lend us a hand!" he said, motioning at the imposters from the Defiance crew.

"You heard the sergeant," Mihal shouted as he unclasped his holster, "get the rabble in line!" He remembered his wrist, he was only a button press away from releasing the imposer prisoners and making things much harder for the actual Command guards trying to get things in line...

Romovea was near Sshalah and Roaul when the power went down, once the emergency lights turned on Romovea turned on her helmet-mounted flashlight. In response to the orders given to her by Mihal and the Sargeant, Romovea cycled her blaster into its twelve shot stun mode to subdue the coming rioters until Mihal decides to have the group pull out. After working the pump to cycle the fire mode, Romovea starts firing into the crowd of inmates approaching the crew from the Defiance waiting for Mihal to give some sort of order to follow Thanica.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:57 pm

The Imarian Monarchy wrote:

Romovea was near Sshalah and Roaul when the power went down, once the emergency lights turned on Romovea turned on her helmet-mounted flashlight. In response to the orders given to her by Mihal and the Sargeant, Romovea cycled her blaster into its twelve shot stun mode to subdue the coming rioters until Mihal decides to have the group pull out. After working the pump to cycle the fire mode, Romovea starts firing into the crowd of inmates approaching the crew from the Defiance waiting for Mihal to give some sort of order to follow Thanica.

This situation was not expected by Sshalah, and her Ragon mind was was having trouble processing it all. Shots where fired near her, and if she had relied solely on sight it would have been hard to tell who the 'rabble' in question where. Her mind considered that she was playing the role of well- herself. Still, a prisoner wouldn't be expected to help during this- let alone a Ragon. She couldn't speak either to come up with some way to improve the ruse. 'Knocking' Romovea over to demonstrate some opportunistic streak often attributed to prisoners was thus a no go and given the disguises joining the riot if only to make ruse more believable was out of the question. Sight wasn't her best attribute- as evident from the time she threw Thanica onto a hard surface believing it to be soft. She also couldn't just break free in this moment without the prospect of being bound 'for real' after the skirmish- plus she was herself- and her role in such an incident would be noted. It was a delima in her mind though she rationalized that doing anything would do more harm then good- it was too risky given how bound she was and even if she could have spoken communicating such to another would have been a greater risk. Still, she was nervous wondering what would be thought of if the prisoners didn't try something. In fact, it was perhaps the only thought going through her mind. Though being bound and not wanting to break those bonds right now the only option she had was to shove though even then to keep from breaking the bounds she wouldn't be able to move much. There wasn't any telling what Raoul would do if she herself started acting up. Then as the firing continued she considered, that as the mission was to free Carter this- but it wasn't her call to make, and so she stood as if not knowing what to do in the red glow- fortunately the rioters didn't have weapons to fire on her.
Tomorrow is made today.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:36 pm

Kaleso and Karesan watched stoically as the chaos within the prison hold unfolded. It was an all too familiar scene; Kaleso had personally experienced such an event when he and the other former prisoners were freed by the mutineers back in the Defiance, and Karesan was a fighter for the Liberator Corps of the Rebellion; attacking Ragon farms and then slashing all the cages open was a monthly occurrence for his kind.

Still, this mission was radically different than either two of their experiences. They were here to help rescue the notDhasath captain, and they were to play the part of prisoner so that this goal may be realized…

Karesan slightly shook at his false bindings, gritting at the sight of the chaos. He did not like the sight at all, and was eager to cut off some heads. Without further ado, he telepathically rescued out to Kaleso. "When are we going to break these damn bindings, Comrade Kaleso?"

"Not now, not yet.", Kaleso answered as he scanned his eyes all over the riot. Prisoners were jostling and pushing at each other, just as the guards rushed in to restore order. Several were already lying dead on the cold floor, trampled underfoot by their fellow imprisoned. "We wait for the signal from our fake guards. In one push of the button, these bindings will come off and we will be free to assist in here… wait, I see him.", he said as he spotted Carter due to his great height of nearly seven feet. He may be far away, but his eyes were good, even for an Untainted.

"Who?", Karesan asked as he looked for whoever Kaleso saw.

"The captain, accompanied by Krystyn and an Ark'aevian.. probably. The little T'zath must have already tipped them off a while ago, and the Ark'aevian is tagging along as well…"

"There it goes! Why do we not move to intercept? And how did you see them in the chaos?"

"Wait a moment, damn you! The Commander is already moving towards him!"

"You are not the boss of me!"

Kaleso looked back around just to see a pair of broken bindings lying on the floor and a pair of all too familiar weapons already missing from one their "guards." Karesan, being the hot blooded bastard he was, had rushed off in an ecstatic frenzy. He had once again armed himself with a Kravsagar and a plasma pistol, and the Purified's movements were as quick as lightning, weaving a path of annihilation in his wake.

Kaleso internally facepalmed. This was not part of the plan at all. "Gods, how did my sister fall for such an idiot?!"

Still, he reached out to Karesan's mind. "Cover the Commander, if you will. Don't let anyone hit her as she runs to the captain."

"Fair enough.", came the answer as a flash of blue steel within the cavalcade of prisoners jumped up on their shoulders. Apparently, the Purified was using their heads and shoulders as a bridge to be able to catch up with the Commander, who was running like a lovestruck woman running towards her love.

Karesan soon landed on the floor with his feet, and looked around to see where he could effectively cover the Dhasath woman. "So, you mentioned that these two were lovers?", he saidbto Kaleso with telepathy even as unloaded a plasma round into the chest of a Kalisi that tried to bite him, and then to the back of a Kiellar delinquent that was going towards Thanica.

"Not now, gods damn you.", came the answer as the madness just got worse. "But yes, they seem to be. Now make sure that this night ends in a wedding!"
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ Good argument, however, I cast Testicular Torsion!
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:00 am

Aarla - Unit 067
The Zerataca

Aarla frowned beneath her helm as Mihal discussed the custody of their ‘prisoners’ with the local officer. Although she knew better than to interrupt or act out of character, the girl rolled her eyes in silent frustration as the man refused to requisition any additional supplies for the crew. Pursing her lips, Aarla grimmly accepted the quiet growl in her stomach at the missed opportunity to get her hands on more Grits. For all their talk of equality and government-guaranteed nutrition, she’d found that such ideals came at the cost of a mind numbingly bland palette. She didn’t see the appeal of the alien society. What was the point of a long and comfortable life if it was nothing but a monotonous grind?

Sighing, Aarla lazily scanned the docks as Mihal pressed for their right to hold onto their prisoners. Looking around for any signs of a potential threat or ambush, the girl nevertheless felt the corner of her mouth twitch upwards into a smile as the older Kiel seemed to immerse himself into his character. To all the world, he looked the part of the greedy, self-serving commander, and Aarla had to give him credit for the act. As the property of the state themselves, psykers had to forfeit any bounties they’d collect from their prisoners or kills. Their Handlers had the right to claim the rewards instead, legally being the wielders of the psychic weapon that concluded the required deed. That being said, Aarla had seen plenty of heated exchanges between competing officers in the aftermath of a successful mission, with each maneuvering to try and claim as much of the bounty as they could.

The Command officer seemed to be convinced by Mihal’s performance as well. Taking his greedy protection of his crew’s bounty right at face value, the officer relented in his demands and signed off on their arrival. Falling in line behind her ‘commander’ as he led the way into the ship, Aarla remained silent as Thanica updated their plans as they went. Continuing to scan her surroundings as they took the elevator to the brig, the psyker was grimly aware that their chances of escape diminished the further they went into the bowels of the ship. Greeted by the expansive space of the ship’s onboard prison, Aarla frowned as she noted the variety of prisoners and malcontents that occupied the cells that lined the walls. Each of them were an additional threat in her eyes, as well as a potential wrinkle in their plans. Glancing up, the girl’s eyes passed over one of the countless cameras that dotted the room. Those will also be a problem.

Still Aarla pursed her lips beneath her helmet for another reason. This was all going smoother than she had expected. Sure, they were hardly out of danger, but with Sho navigating undetected through the vents and their captured allies now in sight, the psyker felt increasingly concerned that she was running out of time. Grimacing, Aarla tried to force herself to think of a solution. She couldn’t leave the ship until she’d accomplished what she’d come for, but how could she do that without Mihal noticing her intentions? With her face covered, the other Kiel wouldn’t have seen the passing glance that the psyker offered towards him, their past conversation rising to the fore in the back of her mind.
And then, the lights all suddenly shut off at once.

Immediately, the guards scattered around the room began to blink in surprise as they glanced around to try and figure out what happened. The incessant chanting of the prisoners, having been growing to a cacophony, also abruptly ceased as they found themselves plunged into darkness. After a moment, the emergency lights flickered into existence and a few voices began to rise as individuals’ eyes adjusted to the new conditions. It was right about then that the first prisoner found that their door was no longer locked, but it wasn’t even a second before the realisation of what this meant rippled through the prison block.

“Power cut!”

The shouted warning seemed to be the final straw as the room erupted into chaos. Guards desperately tried to reach for their weapons as a tide of prisoners suddenly rushed towards them. In the low light, fights and brawls devolved into tooth-and-nail brawls as combatants used whatever they could to overcome their opponents. Shouts and screams of pain filled the air, mixing with the sickening sound of batons striking flesh and the occasional flash of someone being electrocuted by a stun weapon.

It wasn’t long before some of the figures were falling limp on the ground, pools of dark liquid spreading in puddles on the ground. The prisoners knew at this point that they wouldn’t just be sent back to their cells if the riot was put down, so they stepped up their violence in an effort to overwhelm the outnumbered guards as they desperately called for reinforcements. Having been standing back from the cells, the Defiance crew were still largely out of the fray. Seemingly caught between a rock and a hard place, the rescue team would give themselves away if they helped the prisoners, but could they bring themselves to help their enemies?

Surrounded by the grunts and shouts of fights, it was hard for anyone to keep track of what was going on around them. In the tight confines of the prison block, it was easy to get surprised and overwhelmed, which was the unfortunate fate of one kiel guard who had turned her back to a row of cells. She’d been wielding her baton one moment, before finding an arm tightening itself painfully around her neck the next. She would have screamed if she’d had time to push the air out of her lungs, but instead a hand covered her mouth as a shiv was plunged repeatedly into her chest. With her body falling limp, the dhasath prisoner that had grabbed her wasted no time in pulling the blaster from her hip. In his mind, he remembered the sight of his suffering friends as Command had fallen upon their small resistance movement. He remembered the torture and oppression of his kind and the anger that had burned like an undying flame in his chest at the injustices they faced. Wielding his righteous fury, the young man lifted the weapon towards the ornately dressed officer standing aloof above the fray, further back in the room. Aligning his sights, he took a deep breath before screaming out above the din of battle.

“For the Republic!” Squeezing the trigger, the kinetic pistol jerked back in his hand as a series of rounds were sent flying towards his victim. But instead of a spray of blood erupting from Mihal’s chest and head, the air in front of him seemed to shimmer as each slug was stopped dead in its tracks. For a moment, they hung motionless, before falling and clattering harmlessly onto the ground.

Stunned at the sight. The dhasath’s jaw dropped in shock. He would never have the chance to figure out what cruel turn of fate had robbed him of his vengeance as the bark of another’s weapon burst across the room. This time the ammunition flew true, a single shot ploughing itself into the dhasath’s forehead and snapping his neck backwards. Killed instantly, the prisoner crumpled onto the floor, leaving Aarla holding her smoking sidearm in the air. She had made her visor translucent so that her eyes were visible, turning her attention towards Mihal as a grimace was etched onto her features. Even if she didn’t say anything, he would have known the meaning behind her look. She’d warned him of the risks of using her powers on the Zerataca, but she’d dealt her hand regardless. And now, they knew.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Thanica Vari

It never ceased to amaze Thanica how short-sighted many species were. When the doors on your cell swung open the obviously wrong decision was to try to take vengeance on the guards. If you didn't get a shock baton in the face then you got shot and if you did manage to get your revenge on them and even take over the brig... you were on a Battlecruiser with thousands of jackbooted KC marines ready to stamp all over you. The obviously correct decision was to stay in your cell and pretend nothing had happened. Yet, as soon as the doors opened all the horde of prisoners tipped out, and did exactly the opposite of what logic suggested they should do. The guards went to intercept, the imprisoned KC troopers joined in and the brig rapidly descended into total carnage. It didn't help that some of the KC troopers were auxilia so you couldn't necessarily tell whose side a rioter was on... until they threw a punch.

She darted past an alien she had assumed was an auxilary, though as she did a big scaly arm lashed out, clotheslining Thanica and sending her crashing to the ground, her blaster spinning across out of reach. The alien sprung on her, bizarre bestial features contorted in rage, it's hands wrapped around her neck, though then it froze, feeling the deep prick of one of Thanica's hidden blades pressed to it's neck. She flicked the button on the side of her helmet, broadcasting a tinny version of her voice, "Get off me. Slowly," Thanica ordered, keeping the blade pressed to the creature's throat as the pair of them rose back to their feet, "Now be a sensible boy, go back to your cell and pretend you weren't involved in any of this nonsense."

She stepped back quickly, reaching down with her free hand to retrieve her blaster. The alien stood there, mutely, gawping at her. She secreted the blade away again behind one of the panels of her armour. She drew the blaster up and the alien stepped back, growling angrily as he returned to his box. She kept the blaster aimed at the creature as she stepped past, then turned and ran the way she had been going. She flicked the button on her helmet again, muting her voice to those around her, "Sho, where is Carter?"

Thanica had pondered how to get Carter to come along with her. He wouldn't recognise her in the armour. He probably wouldn't recognise her voice through the distortion of the suit (though he might recognise Standard Doonatayan being spoken), and as Vandul had pointed out, he probably thought she was dead, so if she went with 'it's me, Thanica', she might end up tipping him over into a kill frenzy. If he'd stayed in his cell this would be relatively simple. But of course, he hadn't stayed in his cell. She skidded to a halt, face to face with him and a pale alien she didn't recognise. He'd made a friend. Super, "Hands in the air, both of you!" she yelled, doing her best impersonation of an irate KC guard. It wasn't a hard impersonation to pull off. She had been a KC guard no so long ago.

Hopefully he did as she said. If he decided to fight it would get complicated. She wouldn't be able to hurt him and if he hurt her he'd end up feeling guilty after, which she really didn't want.

Vrondich and Rabaech

Nobody really noticed Engineers, which was something of an advantage when you were trying to infiltrate a ship and install a sentient programme to break the targeting computer. It was less of an advantage when you almost got trampled by a section of marines doing double-time down a corridor. Vrondich stepped to the side, grabbing Rabaech and pulling him with him as the group stampeded past, "Watch where you're going! Frelling drannits!" Vrondich yelled as they passed.

Rabaech adjusted his glasses, frowning after them, "They seemed in rather a hurry."

"Which probably means our fearless companions have done something foolhardy," Vrondich pointed out, "Vari should never have been in charge of this, she's emotionally compromised. We'd better hurry if we're going to get this Olorisa-virus or whatever it is uploaded. I don't want to get left behind on this ship if I can avoid it."
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:59 pm

“For the Republic!” Squeezing the trigger, the kinetic pistol jerked back in his hand as a series of rounds were sent flying towards his victim. But instead of a spray of blood erupting from Mihal’s chest and head, the air in front of him seemed to shimmer as each slug was stopped dead in its tracks. For a moment, they hung motionless, before falling and clattering harmlessly onto the ground.

Finding himself blocked by the barrier as Aarla generated it, his eyes widened as he watched the slugs stop in their tracks. Things seemed to move slowly, and he even raised his own blaster at the would be assailant as the slugs started to tumble to the ground. Before he even thought about squeezing the trigger, a shot rang out over his shoulder and he watched the Dhasath’s head snapback before they collapsed.

She had made her visor translucent so that her eyes were visible, turning her attention towards Mihal as a grimace was etched onto her features. Even if she didn’t say anything, he would have known the meaning behind her look. She’d warned him of the risks of using her powers on the Zerataca, but she’d dealt her hand regardless. And now, they knew.

Mihal was naturally looking for his savior, and shuddered slightly when he met the grimace through the transparent visor. He was aware what that display of power meant for the ability of the group to carry out the mission. They now needed to move fast and hope that the bug could buy them time, if the engineers even managed to implant it.

“Lighten your visors,” He yelled as he turned his attention to his wrist computer. He hesitated before he spoke again, but chose to be decisive, “Our cover’s been blown!” With a few taps of the screen, anyone from the Defiance who was still bound would have felt them release.
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Bingellia wrote:
She had made her visor translucent so that her eyes were visible, turning her attention towards Mihal as a grimace was etched onto her features. Even if she didn’t say anything, he would have known the meaning behind her look. She’d warned him of the risks of using her powers on the Zerataca, but she’d dealt her hand regardless. And now, they knew.

Mihal was naturally looking for his savior, and shuddered slightly when he met the grimace through the transparent visor. He was aware what that display of power meant for the ability of the group to carry out the mission. They now needed to move fast and hope that the bug could buy them time, if the engineers even managed to implant it.

“Lighten your visors,” He yelled as he turned his attention to his wrist computer. He hesitated before he spoke again, but chose to be decisive, “Our cover’s been blown!” With a few taps of the screen, anyone from the Defiance who was still bound would have felt them release.

Sshalah's tail was free, it was perhaps the greatest of reliefs as she flicked off the bindings that held her tail in that demeaning upright position, she opened her mouth as the muzzle came apart- she could again speak. Her hands where now able to separate and her legs part. In the moment it was difficult to be focused on the mission in this moment- the sounds- she was never good around a lot of action and sound. The rush of freedom was a bit too much for her mind to contain. She rushed past Romovea with a sound- a bellowing noise that caused her throat to reverberate as she held her arms out to either side ready to sweep the field. Which was where the fogging of her mind would become an issue. Under most circumstances it'd be easy- the KC would be easy to tell apart from those disguised. Her mind began to lock onto something, a purpose- anything to keep her on task but the small space and sounds- the carnage that filled the brig- it was impacting all her senses. Carter was the mission, the Carter but the scents- the taste in the air- everything- it was hard to get a sight on him or anyone for that matter. She swung her claws into what was becoming an increasingly metallic tasting mist. It seemed she had at last been unleashed. There- there she saw it- her mission- the thing keeping her from fully giving in. The Carter.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Thanica Vari
"Hands in the air, both of you!"

An irate guard, the Carter- a mass of swaying noisy meat, lights, and sound- between them. She took long stomping steps through the horde in one b-line direction towards the guard- they hadn't come this far for him to be killed- this wasn't happening. Not when they where so close, not with how much Thanica was counting on them.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:45 am

Kaleso and Karesan

"I am only twenty meters away from the captain.", Karesan telepathically said to Kaleso just as the former broke free his bindings and procured his two plasma blades. The Corsair Lord scanned his eyes on the hallway ahead right before looking back at the nearest Kiellar guards that were part of the Zerataca crew. "Acknowledged, comrade Karesan. I will neutralize the nearest Command assets so that they cannot interfere with our escape."

"I see, comrade Kaleso. I will continue covering the Commander... Wait a minute, why is the Ragon charging towards her?"

Kaleso had charged the Kiellar officer that told their so called guards to help the Command with stabilizing the prison, slicing his gun in half with one of his starblades while deflecting shots with the other. "Damn it Sshalah.", he thought as he first lifted up the officer before slamming him in the metal floor, denting it with a very loud thud, indicating that he may a broken bone or two. "Sshalah!", he reached out to the Ragon with his race's telepathic abilities. "That's the Commander you are charging towards! I suggest that you just scoop up the captain and Krystyn so that we can flee the area with less issues."

As the telepathic communique came to Sshalah, Karesan ducked behind the cover of the body of a particularly large alien that lay stiff after being shocked with an electric baton. As soon as he figured he was safe from gunfire for now, he loaded another magazine into his plasma pistol, locking the glowing blue object into the metal cartridge of the mighty weapon. As the pistol locked with a loud cock, a fireball came flying over the heads of the massive riotous throng of prisoners. Looking around, Karesan spotted a black scaled Sarufi Vanguard. He had wild eyes indicative of insanity; perhaps whatever the Kiellar had done to him in this ship had brought the dragon's mind to the edge of madness. Either way, the Sarufi bit into the neck of a Kiellar soldier that was in prison due to disciplinary charges. He sqawked and growled very angrily; he was sick, hungry, and mad.

"We must be swift.", Karesan said as the Sarufi Vanguard jumped on someone else and bit off his head. Karesan jumped out of the cover and ignited his Kravsagar just in time to parry a blow from a Kiellar guard armed with an electric baton. "I've killed a hundred Ragon more impressive than your long eared arse, tsernyy!", the Purified stated as he kicked the baton wielder with a booted foot to slam into the wall.

As this went on, Kaleso deftly slid under an imprisoned large alien before turning to threaten it with a plasma blade to the throat. "Stay out of my way or I cut off that ugly head of yours.", the Corsair Lord grated as he quickly stormed off in lightning speed in a bid to get to the Captain and get him out of this damn prison. That was hard enough with all that was happening all around them, but Kaleso was determined to reach their goal...
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ Good argument, however, I cast Testicular Torsion!
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:04 am

Sho'chavuk

With his first task completed successfully, Sho waited with eagerness for his next. Unfortunately, his elation would be short-lived as all the lights in the brig suddenly went dead.

"Huh?" Sho looked around, slightly confused. Rows of red lights illuminated the vents, and the emergency siren wailed away.

"It seems I have made a mistake!" he muttered to himself, his tone filled with annoyance. Peeking down below, the Tz'ath observed that his Captain had stumbled out of his cell. That's not a good idea! he thought, rearing up on his back legs. Judging that the quickest way out was through this grate, he jumped off the vent floor a few inches and came crashing through so that he was in Carter's cell. And there he saw, as expected, some Kiellari guards had set themselves upon him. Sho's body tensed as he prepared to fight, but the new ally had come to the Captain's rescue.

"Ah. Good." Sho relaxed, just then getting Thanica's message.

"Uhm," he squinted out into the chaos, "Alright..?" And ran out of the cell, hugging the walls to avoid being punted.

Prisoners of all shapes and sizes had engaged with the guards, and it would be difficult for most to see clearly through the chaos. Thankfully, Sho was a Tz'ath. And with those big eyes of his, he could see in the dark and things moving across his vision were easy to make out. It wasn't long before he sighted Thanica, and called out to her through the earpiece. He had not seen her get knocked down by the large creature that emerged from one of the cells.

"I see you!" he spoke as loudly as he could, hoping the sounds of violence didn't drown him out. "The Captain is not far in front of me! Turn right and stay on that course! I will meet with you!"

Sho then turned around and climbed several feet up the wall. From there he could see over the warring guards and prisoners better. Activating his earpiece again, he spoke, "There you are, right in front of them... Ehm.. Can you not see through that visor? Be careful not to shoo--"

A roar broke out over the chaos, wedging a momentary pause in between all the other confrontations. Sho'chavuk's eyes caught wide movements to his right, and there he saw Sshalah, one of their Ragons, charging towards Thanica. The Tz'ath froze up for a second, hoping that the Commander would jump out of harm's way. But she stood there like a speckled trotter in headlights!

"Aaah!" Sho screamed in a panic, kicking himself off the wall, denting it severely. He leaped past Carter, Kanos, and Krystyn. What madness has overcome her?! Sho thought, pushing himself to move faster as the she-Ragon approached Thanica. She was going to send her across the room in pieces! Can you not recognise that sweet, delectable scent?! He kicked off the floor, just between the two. You will have to forgive me for this, scaleskin!

In mid-air, Sho folded his legs to his chest and bit on them, locking his arms in front of him. He had built up enough speed and momentum so that when he hit Sshalah's mid-section, he would knock her over, away from Thanica and into a score of other prisoners. Unfurling himself on top of her, he grabbed her shoulders and shook her.

"Madness leave this poor soul! Spirits, drive away this sickness of the mind!" he chanted. Then, judging that he'd jostled her enough, he looked into her eyes.

"Have the daemons left you?.. Good! Because you were about to kill the Commander!" he hissed, pointing back towards Thanica. His voice was low enough that nobody would hear him, and it was too dark to make out the small movements he made.

"Now, right yourself, Ragon." he said, slapping the front of her snout lightly. "Up, up! We still have work to do!"

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:09 am

Europa Undivided wrote:Kaleso had charged the Kiellar officer that told their so called guards to help the Command with stabilizing the prison, slicing his gun in half with one of his starblades while deflecting shots with the other. "Damn it Sshalah.", he thought as he first lifted up the officer before slamming him in the metal floor, denting it with a very loud thud, indicating that he may a broken bone or two. "Sshalah!", he reached out to the Ragon with his race's telepathic abilities. "That's the Commander you are charging towards! I suggest that you just scoop up the captain and Krystyn so that we can flee the area with less issues."

As the telepathic communique came to Sshalah, Karesan ducked behind the cover of the body of a particularly large alien that lay stiff after being shocked with an electric baton.

Sshalah's step went out of pace as she received the message. Her mind was reeling from the sensory overload, but what part of her mind still had clarity registered the meaning and her pace returned. She was currently, at that pace, the one best suited to retrieve the Captain as was the mission.
Kylantha wrote:A roar broke out over the chaos, wedging a momentary pause in between all the other confrontations. Sho'chavuk's eyes caught wide movements to his right, and there he saw Sshalah, one of their Ragons, charging towards Thanica. The Tz'ath froze up for a second, hoping that the Commander would jump out of harm's way. But she stood there like a speckled trotter in headlights!

"Aaah!" Sho screamed in a panic, kicking himself off the wall, denting it severely. He leaped past Carter, Kanos, and Krystyn. What madness has overcome her?! Sho thought, pushing himself to move faster as the she-Ragon approached Thanica. She was going to send her across the room in pieces! Can you not recognise that sweet, delectable scent?! He kicked off the floor, just between the two. You will have to forgive me for this, scaleskin!

In mid-air, Sho folded his legs to his chest and bit on them, locking his arms in front of him. He had built up enough speed and momentum so that when he hit Sshalah's mid-section, he would knock her over, away from Thanica and into a score of other prisoners. Unfurling himself on top of her, he grabbed her shoulders and shook her.

"Madness leave this poor soul! Spirits, drive away this sickness of the mind!" he chanted. Then, judging that he'd jostled her enough, he looked into her eyes.

"Have the daemons left you?.. Good! Because you were about to kill the Commander!" he hissed, pointing back towards Thanica. His voice was low enough that nobody would hear him, and it was too dark to make out the small movements he made.

"Now, right yourself, Ragon." he said, slapping the front of her snout lightly. "Up, up! We still have work to do!"

There had been many distracting inputs moments ago but now the only input was Sho, and with that light slapping of the snoot all the fog of war - the haze of battle - dissipated. She could feel the mass of prisoners underneath her great form, the red lights still glared, and noise sounded but her mind and senses where entirely focus on the sticky handed Sho as if his exorcism had worked. As Sho got off her and told her to get up she stood, from the sounds of those she had been thrusted into they wouldn't be an issue. Directing her gaze towards where Sho had pointed moments ago she began to move again though without haze- only clarity in the direction of the Captain and the Commander. As Kaliso had told her, she was better off scooping the Captain up before making a break for the ship. It would take a bit for her pace to pick up as the chemicals that once fogged her mind and gave her that burst of energy before where no longer as influential over her.
Tomorrow is made today.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:26 am

As soon as the lights went out, Phoenix knew shit had just hit the fan. For a few seconds, she glanced around, evaluating her options. Nothing she could think of other than pretending to keep a watchful eye on the Ragons would do anything but make the problem worse. This had never happened in any of the prison raids she had been part of back on Earth. Then again, they were all in some third-world country or another, and she had the advantage of being with the strongest military on the planet, and the fact that no raid ever happened without a definite plan (a luxury she admittedly didn't have).

Things were devolving rapidly. Prisoners beating guards, guards beating prisoners, prisoners beating prisoners, and someone even tried taking a shot at Mihal, shouting something about a Republic. Somehow, the shot stopped dead in its tracks less than a meter from Mihal's head. Probably some kind of personal shielding, she guessed. Not long after, the would-be assassin was cut down by one of the other ersatz guards. Damn fool, she thought if only he could've known we weren't even KC... Shortly thereafter, Mihal released the prisoners, and revealed that the group's cover had been blown. As she lightened her visor for better visibility, she called out to Mihal on the private comms channel. "Might I suggest, now that we're no longer acting, you see about rallying the actual prisoners? It'd be nice to not have so many people targetting us. And we're probably going to need their help getting off this ship." After taking care of that, she turned to Raoul. "Follow me, we're getting Dana."

And with that, she cautiously made her way over to Dana's cell, and knelt down to check her condition. "Dana, can you hear me? Its Phe. We came to get you out of here."
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018

Postby New Udonia » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:43 am

Cridrac and Vandul

The Zerataca: The Prison Deck

Idiot. Cridrac had finished dragging an incapacitated prisoner back into the cell where he was storing the "bodies". Shots rang out, causing Cridrac to dive for cover behind a pillar.
Bingellia wrote:“Lighten your visors,” He yelled as he turned his attention to his wrist computer. He hesitated before he spoke again, but chose to be decisive, “Our cover’s been blown!” With a few taps of the screen, anyone from the Defiance who was still bound would have felt them release.

How did that happen! Then he heard the sound which every Kiel boy and girl is taught to fear more than death. Glancing around quickly, his eyes spotted the charging Ragon. Why?

There was no stopping her. Vandul was beating down something, when he saw Thanica hit the floor. Not like this. He ran toward her, only to be bearhugged by the same thing he had been beating earlier. "Somebody, the Commander!" Then he watched as an angry prisoner approached him, carrying a disturbingly sharp blade which showed signs of recent use. Vandul activated his wrists blades although they were no use as he couldn't raise his arms. That was until Cridrac's rifle had shattered his restrainer's shoulder, which gave him the chance he needed to amputate his assaulter's hand. If he wanted to live, he would stop the bleeding rather than rejoin the riot.

His eyes located Thanica, who had either through luck or tactical planning avoided her fate. She was attempting to "arrest" the Captain. Does she want to die? He charged toward the scene, oblivious to his surroundings. That was when a Ragon's arm slingshotted him across the room, knocking him out cold.

"Vandul, get up!" Cridrac was trying to move him, even though his armor weighed over three times as much as his own. Vandul stirred and was on his feet in an instant, starting to break for the Commander only to be blocked by Cridrac. "Thanica, Sshalah, and Sho have the Captain covered. Phoenix and Raoul have Dana covered, let's get Krystyn and get out of here!" The two sped off for Krystyn's cell, struggling to avoid the lunges from the fight-hungry prisoners.
Last edited by New Udonia on Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:37 am

Karesan and Kaleso

”Just like home.”, Karesan thought as he unloaded an entire cartridge of plasma bolts into the armored chest of a Kalisi that had charged him with jaws wide open and wielding a blade picked up from one of the fallen guards. The blue bolts of superheated gas first seared through the armor, melting the metal as if it was just a set of cardboard plates. Then, he drove the Kravsagar blade into where the heart would be located, sinking its fiery teeth into the scaly skin of the Kalisi. The reptilian warrior screamed in agony as the ruthless Purified dispatched him without any sign of remorse or mercy. Karesan spat at the now immobile Kalisi, who lay at the floor with a chest smoking and nearly emptied of flesh by the combination of plasma bolts and a Kravsagar. ”This is what messing with a soldier of the Rebellion gets you, soorka!”, he said out loud as he jumped clear off a fireball that was coming from the Sarufi Vanguard from earlier.

Karesan pointed his sword at the hungry Sarufi, his eyes glowing red with intent and malice. “Stop it, you bastard!”, he called out to the Sarufi Vanguard as the black scaled dragon stumbled unto a pile of corpses that he had created from killing everyone that got too close. “Why won’t you just eat all of those!?”

“Hungry. Need. Brains.”, the Sarufi growled as he completely toppled over to gorge on those he had killed.

“He must have the Rage Virus...”, Karesan thought aloud as he directed his attention towards Carter and the Commander. Apparently, Thanica was aiming her gun at her lover in an attempt to give out the i mpresion that she was going to arrest the human there and there. That is a sound decision, it seemed. Carter had no idea that she yet lived, so if she revealed that she was indeed alive, the man could be sent to a mindless rage at the ones that had treated her so badly right here in this ship.

A chunk of bloodied flesh slid unto the metal floor, and Karesan turned around to see the Sarufi, who was clearly infected with a virus that turned its hosts into insane killing machine. The dragon was gorging itself in a feast, and was already in the process of chewing through a Kalisi’s skull. Strangely enough, the other prisoners in the riot were ignoring him, probably because the lighting was very bad.

”Comrade Karesan, we are to clear a path for the escape of the others.”, Kaleso suddenly chimed in through telepathy as Karesan ducked to dodge a plasma bolt. ”You clear a path for the Commander and Captain. I will carve the path for Krystyn and Dana. Understood?”

”I understand.”, Karesan answered as the teeth of his Kravsagar once again glowed blue. “I will be watching them here, but I must inform that there is a Sarufi here infected with the Rage Virus... though he is busy eating.”

”Eating what?”

Whoever had the misfortune of getting too close to him.”

”Drat, tsernyy.”, Kaleso answered as he stood just a little beyond Krystyn’s cell. ”Kill him if you must, comrade.”

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:54 pm

Tyreh

Somewhere after their covers were blown Tyreh seemed to disappeared from the crowd, he wandered off for a weapon, and finding one very unlucky but yet armed who was soon dispatched off he now had a weapon, a pistol it seems, he needed to make quick use for it as rather angry prisoners decided to try to kill him.

With those two unsavory types dealt with Tyreh navigated his way back to where he left the group, and navigating his way to the group thanks to the distinct Jokari made burn marks he blasted any unfortunate soul who either stood in his way or was actively standing in his way, not as a sign of ruthlessness but rather simply clearing their way back, He then saw the group and joined back, still being at the end, but bring there, covering, by the lack of humans in the group, they were probably headed for them.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Brig Bay of The Zearataca
(Co-written by Dyelli Beybi, Arengin Union, Skaldia, and Endem)

Carter, Krystyn and Kanos are finally in tune with the plan as Thanica rallies everyone else to start heading out.

The Human and the Ar'kaevian were at the entrance to Krystyn's cell, the entire brig had descended into chaos as alien prisoners and Command guards kept battling each other. Bodies of both sides piled up as Carter and Kanos kept anyone that approached at bay, Kanos proving himself a skilled fighter ally while Carter did his best to fight off guard and prisoners alike.

They had fought like Qari of Legend, holding back the Command guards with consummate skill and grace, despite the deprivations they had suffered as prisoners. However, it had come at costs. One of Kanos' eyes was now swollen shut from an errant blow by an enemy while he sported a slash beneath the same eye that wept blood. It had done little to limit the man's lethality, determined to show just how worthy he was of his new allies.

"Cover me!" Carter said to Kanos as he entered Krystyn's cell, a guard suddenly charging at him and Carter quickly reacted as he swung his baton across the guard's face, knocking him down to the ground for other prisoners to deal with.

Taking the words of Carter to cover him. As Carter dealt with a prisoner, Ry'kanos stepped up to the fallen guard. A stomp of Kanos' foot on the Kiel's throat was enough to permanently end the Kiel's struggles. Forever. He turned around in time to block a Kiel's strike with his own baton before ramming the device in to the Kiel's solar plexis.

Finally entering his companions the Captain found him plugged in onto several medical looking terminals and consoles. It seemed what had occurred back at the moon had taken more of a toll on the pilot than Carter's own injuries.

"What they'd do to you Krys!?"

"Well, as you can see they plugged me in" Krystyn tried to get up but failed "thankfully it appears to only be life support, not something that'll make me quote Harlan Ellison"

"No kidding buddy..." Carter commented as he immediately approached Krystyn, looking over to the various mechanisms plugged to him the Captain was unsure what to do. The sounds of battle had not calmed down at all, in fact it seems hellish things had joined the brawl. Theres no time Nate!

Krystyn then asked "so, since it appears we are getting out of here, how am I supposed to do it, barely able to walk?"

"Fuck it, we'll carry you..." Carter said as he quickly began to get a hold of Krystyn along with the various equipment around. Luckily it seems medical tech was more transportable to an extend. Pulling Krystyn up onto his back Carter helped him get a hold of the life support attached to him.

"You carry this stuff and I'll get you out of this buddy... Lets get going!" Carter said holding onto Krystyn's with his left hand as he carried him on his back, carefully making his way out of the cell and out from the frying into the fire as they said. Hunch back similarly to a Gorilla the pair of humans stuck out like sore thumbs.

Turning to Kanos who had done a good job keeping pesky presences out of the way Carter got his attention, "We need to get him out of here, w-"

He'd made a friend. Super, "Hands in the air, both of you!" she yelled, doing her best impersonation of an irate KC guard. It wasn't a hard impersonation to pull off. She had been a KC guard no so long ago.

"Oh great..." Carter sighed, his words only audible for Krystyn. They had been caught right handed with an armed Command marine aiming a weapon right at them. Looking over to Kanos with a face of confusion and not exactly what to do next Carter dropped his baton and raised his free hand as best as he could.

"Listen buddy... We just want to get out of here..." Carter said with a tired voice, he'd been through enough.

Suddenly the powerful shaking steps of a massive presence became increasingly close, them being of none other than a Ragon. Not just any Ragon, but Sshalah of all people, Kaleso flying through the ceiling while one of his species fought viciously and Sho jumping onto Sshalh.
All the while it seemed another presence had let itself be known, one more hostile. A safuri unlike Yare, but this one dark and tearing apart everything in its path. This was all too confusing for Carter, as were two other Marines who approached the three escapees, unfazed by the presence of a raging Ragon, a flying Jakuri and a frenzied one as well as a slippery Tz'ath. Carter realized what was happening, he looked back at the marine who had first held him and his companions at gunpoint, right into the visor and into her eyes.

He recognized them, the wide wobbly eyes that he had fallen to. Thanica, he thought. She was alive and leading this rescue operation, a rather chaotic one but what else had he come to expect from the band of renegades.

Thanica, for her part, hadn't noticed that Sshalah had come a whisker from tearing her in half, though the flying T'Zath alerted her that something was wrong and she turned in time to see Sshalah go down. Immediately she realised that taking her eye off Carter and his new friend was, potentially, a fatal mistake and she spun back around, levelling the weapon back at them. This really wasn't the greatest plan... maybe explaining who she was would work better.

"Wait!" She clicked the visor on the helmet open, blinking as the room suddenly went a lot darker, "It's me! Don't do anything violent! Can you just act like I have you at gunpoint and start moving. Fast. We need to get out of here before the reinforcements show up and figure out some of the guards are fakes." She snapped the visor back down.

Carter simply nodded to her, it may not have bee the best of plans but it was something.

There was no time for introduction, hugs, or anything of the sort as Carter first turned to Kanos. "Follow my lead, we're getting out of here!" The Human moved quickly despite carrying his fellow human. Avoiding the continued chaos of the room as he followed Thanica closely, she kept her gun fixed on them but it was clear she didn't wish to do any harm. Meanwhile Carter expected the other two fake marines to follow close behind. Whatever else the others may be doing he didn't care, as long as it was aimed at getting out of here.

"Everybody," Thanica spoke into the comms, keeping an eye out for any prisoners who were trying to kill her, "Get back to the exit and try to get back into your cover roles. We need to get out of here, before this place gets brought under control."
"I do as I please"

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:12 pm

Kaleso and Karesan

”Acknowledged, Comrade Commander.”, Kaleso replied to Thanica as he drove his plasma blade into the face an attacking Kalisi prisoner. ”I will carve a path for you so that no one can interfere with your escape.”

The Corsair Lord quickly positioned himself a few good yards ahead of Thanica and Carter, where he kept a cleverly calculated distance from them. Armed with the two plasma blades, Kaleso quickly dispatched anyone that tried to attack them, either dismembering or stabbing them with the fiery starblades that killed almost instantly whenever they made contact with alien flesh.

”Ain’t you a sight for sore eyes, Comrade Captain.”, Kaleso said to Carter with his telepathy even as he kicked an attacking Kiel aside, sending her flying several meters away. After delivering a metal fist to another Kiel’s face, he continued with his telepathic comminique. ”It is good to see you again. The Commander missed you dearly!”

”I can hear you, Kaleso.”, Karesan suddenly interjected with his own telepathy as he daintily ducked behind a Ragon’s massive corpse to reload his pistol. ”Jiasak, Captain Carter. I’m his brother in law.”, he said while driving his Kravsagar deep into another Ragon’s midsection. ”We will be clearing a path, as he said. I hope we can talk over a cup of tea once we are out of here.”

Just as Karesan finished talking, the Sarufi Vanguard suddenly emerged out of the darkness, his jaws still dripping with red and blue blood. The eyes were still as wild as ever, and he grinned in insanity.

“Hungry, me. Eaten, you.”, the mad Vanguard creased as it bolted into a run, knocking Kaleso over. The Jokari’s blades were knocked out of his hands, but he able to prevent the metal teeth of the Vanguard from sinking into his neck by holding the mad soldier’s head.

For a moment, Kaleso looked like he was going to be overpowered, but Karesan suddenly appeared behind the Vanguard, red eyes glowing with vengeance. With one swipe, he first cut off the Vanguard’s wings of steel before unloading a whole cartridge of plasma unto his back, killing him.

Kaleso got up and picked up his starblades, nodding at Karesan as they prepared to clear the path. “I owe you this one, Comrade Karesan.”

Yare-Lokem

As all of this happened, Yare-Lokem stood inert before the pilot’s console, watching out for any sign to start burning the engine. She had been there for a rather long time, and all the coffee cups and Raz’lak bottles in the bridge were already floating.

“I’ve been seeing some heat discharges just right where the prison brig should be...”, she said to herself as she looked at the Undeniable’s sensors. “Please come quickly...”

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:17 pm

Novo Vohru Andai and Vak'ol Vum
Chaos is what this is, Novo thought as the battle between guards and prisoners raged. The restraints were lifted from him during it and he was relieved that he could move and defend himself. He quickly was assaulted by a guard and was strike with his baton and hit Novo in his right eye before he could register the attack. Though since his eyes are cybernetic, Novo felt no pain, his eye did however briefly malfunctioned and he was seeing bright lights and spots. Novo tried to lessen the disorientation by closing his right eye which partly worked and the guard would unleash another blow on his left eye caused the same effect on the right and made Novo fall to the floor. Too disoriented and tried to hold his arms up in an attempt to shield himself from the guard's attacks. This would not work and the guard would pummel Novo with his baton.

As he was being beaten and the disorientation was fading, Vak'ol would appear, charging at the guard and tackling him to the ground. With his natural strength and skill in melee combat, it was easy to knock out the guard with two well-placed punches to the face. Getting up, Vak'ol would walk over to Novo and help him up, "Are you okay?

"I have been better and I can finally see straight", Novo replied thankfully. "Thanks for the help, I am not used to fighting up close and these eyes of mine can be a hindrance".

"No problem and...", before he could finish his sentence, Vak'ol felt a pain on his back and he turned to find a guard at his flank. As the guard was about to send down another blow, Vak'ol grabbed the guard's arm that had the baton and stopped it in its tracks. The guard tried to move his arm down, but Vak'ol strength would win out and he would head-butt the guard. The guard dazed and Vak'ol would lift the guard up, aimed for a group of guards and threw the guard straight at them. The guard land squarely on them and they all fell to the ground.

"Nice shot", Novo complimented and was on the lookout for any guards that were nearby. So far the rest of them seem to be focusing on other prisoners.

"Thanks and we should..." he was interrupted again not by a guard or prisoner but, by Thanica's voice on comms. "Everybody," Thanica spoke into the comms, keeping an eye out for any prisoners who were trying to kill her, "Get back to the exit and try to get back into your cover roles. We need to get out of here before this place gets brought under control."

"Guess now is the time to get out of this place", Novo spoke.

"Agreed and let's go and get out of here".

Novo nodded and the two would follow the others to the exit and clear a path there.

Kylantha
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:38 am

Sho'chavuk

When it was clear that Sshalah had returned to her senses, Sho'chavuk dropped to the floor. He could not deny his own discomfort from having his senses bombarded by all this noise and movement. It was highly stimulating, but since he knew his purpose and was determined to carry it out, he expended quite a bit of energy fighting off his primal instinct. Promising himself an appropriate release later on, he regained his composure and retraced his steps back to Carter's cell as Thanica gave out their new orders. It was time to get off this blasted vessel, and with the thought of that Sho felt somewhat relieved. There was still an urge to fight, but he realised that now was not the time to indulge in it. It would be terrible indeed if the crew ended up surrounded in the brig.

"Orders received, O' Commander!" he acknowledged Thanica's directive and promptly made his way up and wall and back into the vents.

Scampering quickly back up the way he went, he stopped for a moment to speak through his earpiece. "I will go ahead and send the lift! If there are any obstructions in the way, I will also deter them! Spirits be with you!"

The Tz'ath reappeared later in the launch bay where everything seemed to proceed as normal. Creeping carefully out of the vent he'd first entered, he took a moment to examine the situation. Several Kiel were hovering about the Undeniable, but they were sparsely distributed across the floor. Just enough that Sho could sneak past them without being noticed by others. It wasn't long then before he was making his way down the hall. And to avoid being in view of any cameras, instead of casually strolling up to the lift control, he went by ceiling. Once above the control panel, he crawled down to it, still adhered to the wall.

"I am sending the lift down now!" he whispered into the earpiece, and hit the appropriate button. This time he was certain that he chose the correct one.

As he believed the time for escape would be soon, he returned to the launch bay. He would be better hidden there. Taking place near the ship, he watched and fidgeted impatiently for his crew to appear. He then began to wonder if it'd been better if he stayed below. What if they were being overrun at that moment?.. It was just that he thought their numbers were adequate enough to deal with the rabble. Now frustrated with his actions, he scratched roughly on his head.

"Damn it!" he grumbled low to himself. All he could hope now was that they came soon. He would provide whatever support was needed from here. If they didn't appear after a while, he would go back for them. Then, another thought came up. Provide support.. With what? he thought, looking around. And it didn't him long to remember the fighter holdings that flanked the Undeniable on both sides. The Tz'ath scratched his chin as a devious idea entered his tiny mind. I am not currently armed, but I have good reason to believe that I shall be quite soon!

So stepping out of cover once more, he crawled further up the wall and crept underneath one of the mobile service platforms that passed by.
Last edited by Kylantha on Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Thanica and Vrondich

Thanica wasn trying to make use of the few seconds at her disposal to get their party looking legitimate, while keeping an eye out for marauding prisoners with a desire to do her harm. Thankfully most of the fighting was deeper in the prison and not so close to the door, though she had had to shoot a charging, enraged reptilian in the knee and it was rolling around hooting in pain a few yards from where she was standing, "Make sure the ragons are muzzled," she hissed, "And someone get Dana, get her to keep her hair loose and head down, she'll look like a wounded KC trooper in that jumpsuit they put her in..."

"What in the nine hells is going on down there?" Vrondich's ascerbic tone graced the comms. He sounded like he was trying to keep quiet though, meaning he was probably somewhere he could be overheard, "We're still probably at least ten minutes from the targeting systems. Do we need to abandon this part of the plan?"

Thanica paused. Vrondich's idea was almost essential to their survival. Almost. If she told him to carry on though, he would certainly end up captured or killed and, as much as she didn't like him all that much, she wasn't about to sacrifice one of her crew. So many had died already, "Abandon the plan," she confirmed, "Hurry back to the ship."

They would just need to take the risk.

A few floors above, Vrondich pulled the memory drive Olorisa had given him from his pocket, "Olo, my dear, I'm sorry, but you don't get to play with the cannons on a battlecruiser today," he tossed the drive to Rabaech who caught it with a questioning look, "Wait till we're back in the fighter bay. If we're lucky we'll find someone we can plug that in. Our dear AI might be able to do something helpful with the doors."

The pair fell silent as a trio of legitimate engineers passed them by talking about their latest job. As they did, Rabaech nodded silently in the direction of an exposed circuit board next to the blast door they had just come from. The panel that was supposed to be over it was propped lazily against the wall. Apparently the engineer who had been working on it last hadn't though reattaching the panel was in their job description. Vrondich shook his head though, waiting for the engineers to walk out of earshot before explaining, "She wants the drive back, remember? We'll do it somewhere closer."

"Very well," Rabaech nodded and together they set off at a brisk walk, in the direction they had come.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Captain Nathan Taylor Carter
The Zerataca, Brig Bay.

“Come on Krys, we gotta get moving!” Carter was in a hurry as he kept Krystyn on top of him, both men holding onto the Polish pilot’s life preserving machinery as they moved with the help of Kanos, Thanica, Sshalah, and many others of the crew who had come to save them. Carter couldn’t help but have a sense of gratitude but also slight shame, it was not lost to him that it had been his own fault they were in this whole situation. Perhaps it was not true, but he couldn’t get that mentality out of his head.

I won't let you die… Not you. Not her, NO ANYONE! The Human’s head raddled with anger as he pushed himself to move forward, to fight on and to get out of this hell once and for all. To bring the fight back to the Command.

He had seen the barbarity of the Command, seen just how far their military and scientific arms would go for victory. He had almost been victim to the torturous desperations that they employed for absolute victory, their plans, their ambitions. They couldn’t be allowed to win, just as the Ragons had to be defeated so did the Command. He would not let Lee’s death, the death of so many to go to waste.

The Captain pressed on, kicking away any stragglers that dared to get near him while the others took care of the rest. There was yelling, blood everywhere, fighting all over still. But amongst the chaos there was also a sense of brotherhood, or determination, of courage from everyone in the crew.

Suddenly a familiar voice entered Carter’s head, one that made him flinch for a second but he continued to move as he heard it.

“Ain’t you a sight for sore eyes, Comrade Captain.”, Kaleso said to Carter with his telepathy even as he kicked an attacking Kiel aside, sending her flying several meters away.

“I could say the same about you Kaleso!” Carter responded with a loud voice, a slight smile on his face. Suddenly a Kiel guard slipped through the line and was about to strike at the Captain and the Pilot only for Kaleso to intervene.

After delivering a metal fist to another Kiel’s face, he continued with his telepathic communique. ”It is good to see you again. The Commander missed you dearly!”

Carter only chuckled, he thought the same thing. It was comforting to see the crew once more, throughout this journey, the weirdness and the overall unknow feel of it all he was glad to see them once more. It was a relief almost comparable to that of what coming back to Earth would’ve been.

“We must get t-” Carter’s words wouldn’t reach Kaleso as he saw the winged alien being attacked by an enraged dark scaled Safuri. It seemed to be one of the many twisted enhanced living weapons of the Command. The fight between it and the avian warrior was a spectacular but eerie sight. Tensions were high for a bit before Kaleso was finally able to dispatch the beast with the help of its fellow wingless Jokari, much to everyone’s relief.

After this had passed, everyone else was beginning to regroup and at last the crew found itself right besides the main shaft platform, managing to slip through the fighting of prisoners and guards. Dana was present, helped by a disguised member of the crew which Carter had no time to make out as he set Krystyn on the platform. Looking over to Thanica who was still covering the hall with her own weapon.

“We need to head on out now, the lift is still operational but the bridge will send reinforcements if we don’t hurry!” He said in a rush.

Thanica was trying to make use of the few seconds at her disposal to get their party looking legitimate, while keeping an eye out for marauding prisoners with a desire to do her harm. Thankfully most of the fighting was deeper in the prison and not so close to the door, though she had had to shoot a charging, enraged reptilian in the knee and it was rolling around hooting in pain a few yards from where she was standing, "Make sure the ragons are muzzled," she hissed.

“Got it!” Carter nodded as he got a hold of one of the nearby muzzles, approaching Sshalah and Raoul who had helped keep the battlers at bay. “Alright you two, this likely ain't comfortable but it's the best chance we have to get out. I’ll set them loose so you can free ourselves if shit hits the fan!” Carter said as he waited for the two Ragons to get ready to get their guises on and move out quick.

“And someone get Dana, get her to keep her hair loose and head down, she'll look like a wounded KC trooper in that jumpsuit they put her in..."

Turning his head to the others Carter backed up Thanica’s order, “You heard the lady, Dana get your hair loose and cover your hair as best as you can, someone get Krystyn one of those jumpsuits too!”

Glancing at the Ar’kaevian, Carter then said “You may want to get a suit on yourself friend. That or risk getting shot up when we go up there!”

While handing the muzzles and shackles to Raoul and Sshalah, Carter turned to Thanica who was speaking through her comms. Whatever else was happening was likely compromised at this point.

Thanica paused. Vrondich's idea was almost essential to their survival. Almost. If she told him to carry on though, he would certainly end up captured or killed and, as much as she didn't like him all that much, she wasn't about to sacrifice one of her crew. So many had died already, "Abandon the plan," she confirmed, "Hurry back to the ship."

“Whatever it is that was abandoned I hope it dont bite us in the ass later!” He said with a slight glib, though really the human was shaking from within from the rushed and intense atmosphere of it all. He could only hope that everything from now on could go on as planned. The lift was ready to move up, but it would likely not hold down much longer as it was likely that more Command forces were planning to head down and they likely would take the stairs or any other alternative route, Thank god for Sho disabling pretty much everything else... Carter thought to himself.
"I do as I please"

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Mihal quickly opened his coat, pulled an arm out and unslung one of the rifles from his shoulder as the group made their way back towards the door of the brig. Everyone seemed to have made it back, which brought a slight smile to Mihal's face. The prisoners would hopefully mostly be able to rebind themselves, or at least give the appearance that they are bound.

"Carter," he held out of the rifle sturdily. He was still authoritative, hoping that Carter would catch on to the facade, "This is yours, Marine. Try not to lose it again."

"Form up, Undeniable, and secure my prisoners." he called out once again, "We are leaving, now!"
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse