NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:12 pm

Thanica and Sshalah (Co-written by Dyelli Beybi and Harbertia)

Where the pair discuss the future.

Thanica stayed until after the others had filed out, waiting to see if anyone else had anything they needed to ask her, though most of the crew seemed content with what she had told them. It couldn't get any more specific since she really didn't know what they were walking into. Eventually she was left alone with Sshalah. It wasn't so long ago she would have been petrified to be so close to a Ragon, though she trusted Sshalah. She liked her. Who'd have thought that was possible?

"Than," Sshalah said, "I've decided to go along with the plan. I'll be of more use on the mission then I would staying behind. I never thought you'd abandon me, I simply didn't fully piece together what the plan was- part of having heard most of it with food on my mind." she said sadly. "Sure the threat of being tagged exists but, Carter trusted me with the ship and now he's being held. I still remember asking him if we where heroes back on Pleasure Haven, and I want to get him back. It's hard for me to let an objective go so it's still on my mind."

Thanica smiled, looking a little relieved as she did, "Thank you. I could use your help," she paused for a long moment before asking, "what's on your mind?"

Sshalah sighed, "While, you where in medical and I had command I - interrogated Saessa. I wanted her to stay in medical, bound to the bed but Raoul-" she took a breath, "she ended up being outside the medbay so I had her brought to the bridge. At the time we still didn't know the source of the implant. She told me that you told her that she'd be dropped off in Kiellar space. Did you actually tell her that?"

Thanica nodded, then shrugged, "I can't remember exactly what I said but I have promised anyone who wants to try to get home or settle somewhere safe that I'll try to get them there. That does include you as well... Though I'd need to think of a way to get you to your people without radically shortening my life expectancy," she joked.

Sshalah gave a soft closed moth grin, "I do recall you having made the offer before, you where standing looking up at Raoul and me as we filled you in on the tank issue. That's when we found out that Raoul's not welcomed there but still." she said with a smile as it was none the less a fond memory. She sighed though she still seemed in a good mood, "With, the recent development here- the Gollar ships coming here despite the Confederacy not wanting a direct tie to the operation- the fleet engagement- I'm getting worried and I'd rather be home then here if a war kicks off. It's like my heart's going further into my stomach..." she frowned, "I've spent weeks with you and the others but after all this- what happened today- and the Tz'aths on that station- part of me just wants to be home." she looked down not at Thanica- just down, "I miss the sand, and the sun- I feel that most of my time has been on metal- space stations and this ship. You'd probably like it there- I'm from Ashamana- it's an island. The sand's white, the sun white- the palms sway and marine mammals chrip to greet the morning. Our house over looks a stretch of beach with an open porch. We have rocks for laying upon and steps going to the shore- when I was little I'd sleep on the porch- listening to the avians and chirping things as a chill air lulled me to slumber." she wasn't looking at Thanica but she was smiling mildly in happy reflection.

"Then we'll try to make it the next thing on the list once we have Carter back," Thanica replied, "If the Gollar remain generous with the supplies, then we should be in a much better position then we were. It will give us some breathing room to start making our own decisions rather than running away all the time... Your home sounds lovely, I understand why you miss it." She wondered if there were places like that on Carter's planet...

Sshalah looked down towards Thanica with an appreciative smile; "Of all the places I have seen, no where has compared to it. I worry about my uncle, and kin and wonder if they are looking for me. That they might be out there still not knowing where I am- taking risks- facing things I have seen." she thought about the weapon used by the Devourer back on Pleasure Haven, "When," she swallowed a bit of her sadness, "when I do get home- I - I want to go back but I also don't think I've repaid you enough. Heck, I'm not sure if I'll be able to eat again. I mean- I know I'll be able to eat but- it'll be hard not to think about you. Part of me is afraid that you'll be a distant memory."

"In time, maybe," Thanica conceded, "Even if, by some miracle, I live out my natural life, get to 70 or even 80, you'll have many years ahead of you..." She reached across, touching Sshslah lightly on one massive forearm, "But you don't owe me anything; you've got me out of trouble almost as regularly as I've got myself into it! If it wasn't for you and the others I could have ended up as a 'pleasure slave', been eaten by that angry sarufi, been vivisected by the blue people or killed by that Kiellar brain-bug. If anything, I'm in your debt!"

Sshalah had a look of happy relief; "I appreciate you telling me this." Sshalah put the fingers of her other hand atop Thanica's hand that rested upon her forearm, "It means a lot to me." Sshalah smiled and took a breath. Thinking for a bit before lifting her fingers from Thanica's hand and asking; "How should I play this out? The Prisoner rouse... I don't imagine I'll be playing myself."

"Actually, I was thinking you would," Thanica replied, "The KC are expecting a ship to come vis the Gadawei system though they don't know what it is because of the communications lag. They know the Defiance got shot down in the system so the cover is that they picked up some of the survivors and arrested them after having seemingly been abandoned by the Gollar. That way, on the off chance someone recognises you, there is a good explanation."

Sshalah thought for a bit. "That makes sense, and is enough of the truth to pass even with a grain of falsehood but.. aren't we going to the same fleet that took the Carter... to rescue him... wouldn't that fleet know who was on the ground and if they'd captured the ship? Are we, taking over a compound before that fleet arrives... despite the-." Sshalah looked out at the maintenance being done; knowing there would be a delayed departure for the ship, "- oh, wait- we are taking the- are we taking the Gollar ship?"

"In the false narrative we are telling them, we are the Courier ship they were expecting anyway. We appeared in the system on schedule, spotted the downed Defiance, investigated and took prisoners," Thanica explained, "They know they lost a ship against the Gollar, which is the one we will be using, which is why Vrondich and Rabaech are, as we speak, modifying the ship so it doesn't appear to be the one they lost."

Several Days Later, Bridge of the 'Undeniable'

The ship the Gollar had captured was quite a bit smaller than the Defiance, with no massive cargo bay and one less deck, though it was about as heavily armed and the workmanship on the interior appeared to be of a much higher quality... which was to say it didn't look like it was falling apart. It was painted battleship grey throughout, with no shortage of fire fighting equipment and huge blast doors that could snap across sections of the ship if there was a breach. It was a warship, though not a particularly large one. There was just enough room on-board for the crew, though some people would have to temporarily share a room.

Vrondich had christened the ship the Undeniable, and since, by the time he told anyone that detail, it had already been programmed into the computers, Thanica didn't dispute it. In the efforts of keeping the ship as 'realistic' as possible in the event of a search, Thanica had insisted on Mihal taking the Captain's quarters, shoving herself in with some of the marines. Were they to end up in the unfortunate scenario of someone searching the ship, it would look a lot better if the Captain's quarters were full of things which belonged to the Captain. If it was full of women's clothing it might have raised suspicion.

The trip to the Zerataca took several days, just long enough for nerves to start to fray in the cramped conditions. Before anything could kick off though, they arrived. Thanica made her way up to the pilot's seat. She was wearing KC armour, though without the helmet at this point. In anticipation of having to put it on soon she had pinned her hair up in a slightly messy bun. She twisted to look at Mihal, "They're hailing us. You don't need to do anything at this point,I'll do the talking, though if they insist on speaking to you, just act rude and imperious if the person you are speaking to is a junior rank. You'll do fine."

She spun her chair back to face to console, "Zerataca, this is the courier ship Undeniable reporting the successful ratification of the Treaty of Gadawei by High Command. Copies of the documentation has been handed over to the Gadaweian authorities. While usually we wouldn't request permission to dock, we recieved a distress signal from a moon in the system and managed to recapture up a number of escaped Command prisoners including two Ragons. Our brig isn't suitable for restraining Ragons , certainly not for the duration of the voyage back into our own territory. Request permission to offload prisoners on the Zerataca."

As she finished, the Zerataca came into focus on the view screen. The ship was vast, with monstrous wing-like structures that jutted out from the central hull, bristling with massive weapons. The main hull itself must have had thirty or more decks, judging from the rows of windows spilling light out into the darkness of space. It was an impressive warship with laser batteries that could have destroyed the Defiance in a single hit, "Hold, Undeniable," came the response, followed by a pause of several minutes before the voice came back on, "Alright Undeniable, you are cleared to dock. Follow the instructions relayed to your console and do not deviate from the path provided."

"Understood, Zerataca," Thanica replied. She paused for a few moments then held up a hand to signal everyone that the KC were off the line, "Okay, this is it. Is anyone unclear as to what you need to do?" she asked, "There isn't going to be another opportunity."
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:52 am

Mothlua of Vubhe

The Defiance: The Medbay

Breach on the Third Deck, lockdown Engineering... Breathing in the gas, watching it corrode her skin. Conscious but paralyzed, tossed outside of the ship. Landing in the snow, unable to move, the cold easing the burns only to return twice-fold as freezer burn. Unable to cry, conscious of the pain; she was still conscious when the Gollar medics found her. One of them mercifully injected her with a sedative, ending the pain, for only a moment. She kept living the same scene over and over again in her sleep.

Several days had passed with her caught in the loop. The artificial coma caused her mind to reach even further back, desperate to change the outcome of the decisions she had made: swapping with Rodu, guarding Thanica, plummeting with the ship, rushing to her allies, and the torturous final minutes in the cold. Her arm had been amputated below the shoulder, the wound capped and sealed. The medics had planned on waiting till she was conscious, when she would be able to decide when, if at all, she wanted a bionic replacement.

The loop was starting to break, individual memories arising. She had learned to stall the scenes, either through conversation or observing details, in order to prolong the moments before the finale. Finally, all of the scenes faded, leaving her in an empty state, alone with her thoughts, but unaware of external stimuli. "Enough daydreaming, Mothlua."

She awoke in a dimly lit room, with her left arm asleep from the weight of her pillow. Standing beside her was Rodu, arms-crossed, shaking her head to accent her displeasure. "The mission failed, the Captain was captured. Vandul and Cridrac are on their way to rescue him." Mothlua glanced around the room but couldn't discern any details other than her friend.
"Lucky you, staying behind."
"Rodu, what's going on, where are we?"
"Don't worry, you aren't dead."
"Where are we, Rodu?"
"You are safe."
"Why aren't you with them?"
"Mothlua, I didn't want you to be alone when you woke up."

Her eyes flew open to the cold glow of the med-bay. Eyes rapidly searched for any signs of her comrades. She couldn't see anyone from the angle she was at and began to panic. Her mouth struggled to form coherent sounds after remaining silent for so long. "Ruh-doo, sum-wun, ell me...." She had barely raised her voice to a whisper, before trying again with worse luck than before. On the bright side, she wasn't paralyzed anymore, so the tears drained freely down her cheeks. If anyone was "lucky" enough to enter the room they would have been greeted by quite the sight.

Cridrac and Vandul

The Undeniable: The Bridge

Reluctant to leave her behind, Vandul had left Mothlua with one of the jewels generated from Rodu's cremation. He didn't require much convincing to go on the rescue operation, he was even more eager than Cridrac. The chance that they could rescue three of their allies, with a high chance that no lives would be traded, would have meant that Rodu's and Lee's deaths were not for naught. They didn't really know Lee, however, they knew the strength of the bond shared between him and the Captain, and the pain its severance must have brought.

The journey was long, with most of the crew eager to get it over with. Cridrac and Vandul had been practicing their fighting tactics and tutoring those, to be impersonating military personnel, on specific protocols to remember. If they were going to complete this mission successfully, everyone needed to stick to the plan. If someone decided to go rogue, neutralizing them wasn't off of the table for the two.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
"Understood, Zerataca," Thanica replied. She paused for a few moments then held up a hand to signal everyone that the KC were off the line, "Okay, this is it. Is anyone unclear as to what you need to do?" she asked, "There isn't going to be another opportunity."

"We've taught them everything we know, we are ready, Commander." If Vandul was still in mourning, he wasn't showing it. Cridrac simply nodded in agreement to his friend's statement.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:28 am

New Udonia wrote:
Mothlua of Vubhe

Breach on the Third Deck, lockdown Engineering... Breathing in the gas, watching it corrode her skin. Conscious but paralyzed, tossed outside of the ship. Landing in the snow, unable to move, the cold easing the burns only to return twice-fold as freezer burn. Unable to cry, conscious of the pain; she was still conscious when the Gollar medics found her. One of them mercifully injected her with a sedative, ending the pain, for only a moment. She kept living the same scene over and over again in her sleep.

Several days had passed with her caught in the loop. The artificial coma caused her mind to reach even further back, desperate to change the outcome of the decisions she had made: swapping with Rodu, guarding Thanica, plummeting with the ship, rushing to her allies, and the torturous final minutes in the cold. Her arm had been amputated below the shoulder, the wound capped and sealed. The medics had planned on waiting till she was conscious, when she would be able to decide when, if at all, she wanted a bionic replacement.

The loop was starting to break, individual memories arising. She had learned to stall the scenes, either through conversation or observing details, in order to prolong the moments before the finale. Finally, all of the scenes faded, leaving her in an empty state, alone with her thoughts, but unaware of external stimuli. "Enough daydreaming, Mothlua."

She awoke in a dimly lit room, with her left arm asleep from the weight of her pillow. Standing beside her was Rodu, arms-crossed, shaking her head to accent her displeasure. "The mission failed, the Captain was captured. Vandul and Cridrac are on their way to rescue him." Mothlua glanced around the room but couldn't discern any details other than her friend.
"Lucky you, staying behind."
"Rodu, what's going on, where are we?"
"Don't worry, you aren't dead."
"Where are we, Rodu?"
"You are safe."
"Why aren't you with them?"
"Mothlua, I didn't want you to be alone when you woke up."

Her eyes flew open to the cold glow of the med-bay. Eyes rapidly searched for any signs of her comrades. She couldn't see anyone from the angle she was at and began to panic. Her mouth struggled to form coherent sounds after remaining silent for so long. "Ruh-doo, sum-wun, ell me...." She had barely raised her voice to a whisper, before trying again with worse luck than before. On the bright side, she wasn't paralyzed anymore, so the tears drained freely down her cheeks. If anyone was "lucky" enough to enter the room they would have been greeted by quite the sight.

Cridrac and Vandul

The Undeniable: The Bridge

Reluctant to leave her behind, Vandul had left Mothlua with one of the jewels generated from Rodu's cremation. He didn't require much convincing to go on the rescue operation, he was even more eager than Cridrac. The chance that they could rescue three of their allies, with a high chance that no lives would be traded, would have meant that Rodu's and Lee's deaths were not for naught. They didn't really know Lee, however, they knew the strength of the bond shared between him and the Captain, and the pain its severance must have brought.

The journey was long, with most of the crew eager to get it over with. Cridrac and Vandul had been practicing their fighting tactics and tutoring those, to be impersonating military personnel, on specific protocols to remember. If they were going to complete this mission successfully, everyone needed to stick to the plan. If someone decided to go rogue, neutralizing them wasn't off of the table for the two.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

"We've taught them everything we know, we are ready, Commander." If Vandul was still in mourning, he wasn't showing it. Cridrac simply nodded in agreement to his friend's statement.

Karesan, Kaleso, and Yare

Karesan emerged from a shadowy corner in the bridge of the Undeniable, his metal mask still in place with the red glowing eyes. He had his hat off though, keeping it in his hand for some reason. Either way, he only nodded to Thanica, signifying that he wasn’t going to back down from this apparent death wish of a mission. The slightest tip off would probably get them all killed and their only way of escape purged by the massive laser batteries jutting out of the hull of the gigantic Battlecruiser that was floating ahead of them like a bear hulking over some helpless sheep. Still, Karesan had done worse things before, like pretending to be a livestock in that one farm in order to call down a beacon for Rebel forces to drop in. That one time had the chance of being selected to be sent to the chopping block hanging over his head like a sword, and it was very fortunate that a Heritage Class Cruiser was the ship that got there first. Otherwise, he’d be food all over again. However, he did know how to pl you the part of a prisoner; be submissive, don’t lash out. The mandatory slaps and beatings are part of the game...

“I trust that you’ll hand these back when we get to the action, pointy ears.”, Kaleso said, handing his two starblades to Cridrac as if they were a token or gift. “Oh, and be careful with them.”

He held one of the unignited hilts in his hands, examining the weapon before coming to a stop at the button engraved with glowing runic markings. “Under no circumstances are you to push this button unless if you want the blade to send a massive shock of electricity into your body as you are not recognised by this Sturakasa’s artificial intelligence to be its master. Well, that is usually the case.”

Cridrac would probably wink at the prospect of being electrocuted by a sword that had a master of its own, but Kaleso was quick to follow up. “But it wouldn’t be able to kill you. That I am sure of.”

As this went on, Yare, who was standing on the ceiling with her magnetic paws, dropped down and walked amongst the others. “I will be staying here just as planned. If our dear Commander has to return to the ship in a not-so-good state, I will take over the piloting seat and get our damned arses out of here.”
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"Understood, Zerataca," Thanica replied. She paused for a few moments then held up a hand to signal everyone that the KC were off the line, "Okay, this is it. Is anyone unclear as to what you need to do?" she asked, "There isn't going to be another opportunity."

Tyreh

Yp was taken care off, he'll stay aboard the Undeniable, Tyreh was still not sure how he manage to persuade the Kel'Resh but, it was not what he needed to know right now, he opened the door to the bridge holding his weapons, two laser pistols, by their barrels, to signify he won't use them against them, though he could easily just spin them around.

He walked by Vandul thrusting the weapons into his hands "take good care of them" he then walked toward Thanica, he then needed to say something "Commander, I need to say one thing, I'll unfortunately, be parting ways with you and your crew after this mission, a contact of mine messaged me while we were en route to the Zerataca and told me where is a friend of mine I need to put a couple of holes through, I just wanted to let you know of this" He then walked back to the leftovers of Strike Team Tetra and the pair of Jokari, and everyone else.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:55 pm

Mihal of Obe

Mihal was visually tense, puffing from one of his last cigarettes as Thanica spoke to the docking officer. Under pressure, he found were too small and the greatcoat above the uniform was too large and that this would go poorly, even if he admitted he looked excellent in the uniform mere hours ago. He rolled one of his shoulders, which under the strain of two blaster rifles slung under the dark coat as he stood in the middle of the bridge, waiting to see if he'd need to speak.

"Thank the gods," Mihal spoke lowly while he took a drag from the increasingly short cigarette. With a sigh, some of the tension was released with the lung full of smoke. "Perfectly clear with me."

"And I am certainly grateful," Mihal added as he glanced over to the marines. Hopefully, the hours spend drilling protocol and procedure would serve the group well during this mission, and save him from using the few hours spent practicing with a blaster pistol in the Undeniable's practice range

The mock-captain stayed silent as the play prisoners passed their weapons to the marines. Feeling the weight of the rifles once again, Mihal hoped they would not be searched considering the soldiers in this plan would likely be carrying enough arms and power packs to see a small company through a day's worth of fighting.
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:42 pm

The Zerataca
Co-Write by Arengin Union and Endem

Suddenly, he breathed again, and saw again, how long has he been sleeping, Krystyn asks himself as he looks around the room he found himself in, immidietly he can sense he is lieing down on bed, rough, no covers, he sees a ceiling, dark and appears to be made from metal, as he looks around he finally sees the room he is in, simple prisoner cell illuminated by a singular light, thus most likely option is that he did not bleed out and heaven doesn't look like this, but that he was captured by the Kiellari, not taken back, and eventually had his injuries treated by them, in that case... He searches behind me, bingo, he finds his life support, he finally sits up on his bed.

Outside of his cell, in the neighboring cell he sees a familiar person, immidietly, he rushes to the bars of his cell dragging life support behind him and whispers as much as he can, loud enough for the Captain to hear him "Captain, I'm here"

It took a few seconds for Carter to realize who was calling to him, unsure if it was another Kiel coming to belittle him or his mind playing tricks with him even more. Much to the Captain's relief it was Krystyn who had awakened from his slumber vibrant and hopeful as ever.

"Krys!" Carter said as he also approached the bars of his cells, the two men looking at each other from opposite sides.

"We're in shit creek here buddy..." Carter expressed with a worried tone as he looked around the brig, hundreds of cells and guards patrolling at all times. It was reminiscent of any prison or labor camp of the totalitarian regimes that plagued Earth, except this one was in a spaceship billions of light years away from their home planet. I guess the human rights standards for dictatorships is universal... Carter thought.

"Heh, you don't say..." Krystyn then remembered something "You know, this reminds me of those prisoner camps my great grandfather once told me about before he died, I was like what, 6" Krystyn then noticed the state Captain was in, physically he looked fine, but something was definitely left an impression on the brains department "everything alright, Captain?" He asked shifting his tone to sound much more formal, something about the word captain, he really struggled not to salute

His face changing to a bleak expression Carter looked down at the ground as he then said, "Lee's dead..."

He struggled to keep it in, but a small tear came out from the Captain's eye. Krystyn wouldn't be able to see it from so far and Carter would not let him see it, but it was there. It had been his fault, Lee was dead because of him and now Krystyn was at risk too, all because he couldn't be bothered to give the Kiel what they wanted.

"Lee?!" Krystyn tried to hold of raising his voice too much, "What happened on that planet while I was out?" Krystyn murmured "I... Can't believe this, Lee, he was the youngest..." Krystyn then turned his face up to the ceiling "Racz mu wieczne odpoczywanie dac panie, i niech swiatlosc wiekoista swieci mu na wieki" Krystyn said a prayer for Lee's soul and then lowered his face to face Carter again "What about the others? Did they get out?"

"I don't know... All I know we were rushed into a transport and now we're here..." Carter answered, his tone a monotone one, "I surrendered so that they'd leave the others be..." He said once more with a voice that bordered on being pessimistic. He hoped that they had left them be, but at this point his brain couldn't keep the worst case thoughts out.

"I hope they made it out..."

"Let's hope so" Krystyn then sighed "How much have I been sleeping, what happened in the meantime?" He asked, the last thing he remembered was bleeding out on the ice moon, needless to say he felt it was a while

"Far as I know you've been out cold since we got here... I blacked out too." Carter answered, looking at his left arm which still had the white plates around it, healing his bone structure.

Chuckling Carter rubbed his hair back as he looked over to Krystyn, "Least they healed us up nicely..."

"Apparently the Kiel reckon I'm the key to winning the war. So they're not letting us go as far as I can tell..."

"Well, what are we supposed to do now?" Krystyn sighed.

Stepping away from the cell bars Carter stuck his back against the cold wall, a Kiellar guard passing by and glancing at both humans with an aura of indifference and disgust. Carter looked back at Krystyn with eyes of uncertainty, "I dont know..." He answered, this time complete absent of any plan or strategy, he had nothing.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:29 pm

Sshalah
The Brig

Sshalah was in her prison jumpsuit- the grey of it was not terribly worn by all she'd been through in it. She looked down at the locks about her wrists, and her ankles- she thought back to when she was first taken into custody by Command- thought about her time in the cell- which just reminded her of the hunger it gave her. It'd been days since she ate, which was good for her role- as her self. She thought about her questioning- she wondered what to expect when she got aboard the ship holding Carter. She was waiting for the departure- to enter that place. She still knew the risks but had devoted herself to the plan this far- no need to cause drama backing out. She channeled these concerns into her expression- sad, worried, hungry, agitated. Though she wasn't as hungry as she had been made what seemed - not that long ago now. She awaited instruction, wondered still how far she'd have to go playing this role- she knew Thanica wouldn't leave her but plans could fail. She took a deep breath, focusing that out of her mind. Still, she felt anxiety- did she really look like an effectively bound Ragon? Ankles... Wrists... oh; she looked to her side and raised her tail next to her, and then looked at her bound hands; "My tail."
Last edited by Harbertia on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Mihal

Mihal looked through the windows at the battlecruiser that they were approaching and thought back to government clients and projects that the firm he worked for took on. He had the liberty of touring a capital ship before. The Zeracata was a much different class, as it was smaller and a probably bit more nimble, but he thought back to how easy it was to get lost on them, just hallways upon hallways with seemingly endless rooms, and the small army it took to crew them.

With a sigh, he turned to face the pair of Jokari and the Cestrenti on the bridge. "We're in the final approach now, you three need to be restrained for this to work. Go to the Brig and meet with Romovae, the Qaz'in. She should have modified everything by now, so all that needs to be done is to put it on."
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:02 am

Karesan, Kaleso, and Yare

Karesan turned his head to Mihal as he handed the Kravsagar to Cridrad. “Yes, yes, whatever that entails.”, he replied nonchalantly with a heavily modified and staticised voice due to his metal mask’s filter. “I can play quite the part in this operation.”, he said reassuringly as he began to turn towards the brig. However, before he proceeded to go into the bring to be given the false restraints by the Q’azin known as Roma, Karesan craned his head to peer back into the bridge. “Your Captain seems to be an interesting man. I would like to know him better once we are done with saving him from the knife eared Lasuste in that battlecruiser.”

With that, Karesan sniffed. The gall for the Kiellar to take a visitor from another galaxy and imprison him along with his friends in the glorified sewer dungeons they dare call prisons. From what he had gathered from Kaleso, this... Carter and the others of his race were thrown across space and time into this galaxy, and by sheer bad luck or cruel fate, it was the Command that found them. Well, that was better than being found by Ragon and then being eaten alive.

He remembered how the Ragon ate within their settlements. They would dip bits and pieces and limbs into some kind of sauce and then relish in twisted joy of eating other sapients. Ah, the madness.

Meanwhile, Kaleso nudged Karesan along as the Purified was lost in his thoughts. “Do you space out a lot?”, Kaleso asked he hunched over the shorter Jokari. “Is that something Purified do quite a bit?”

“I suppose so.”, Karesan answered. “You?”

“Every day.”, Kaleso confided. “I remember far too many things. Our flight across the woods as children, the fall of the Republic, and seeing most of those I have known die to the Ragon. Good thing is that they are fuel to the power that I will wield again.”

“What?”

“I was a Sorceror until the Sixty-Six took most of my powers away... well, I deserved it. Summoning the dead back into this world is not a good idea.”

“Well, it would be swell if we had a Sorceror with such capabilities in the Rebellion.”, Karesan replied as they stood facing each other on the entrance to the brig. “Imagine! Raising our foes to fight for us!”

“That’s not what I exactly meant...”, Kaleso retorted. “Now, let us get bound for this, yes?”

Yare-Lokem only nodded as Mihal told the others to get bound. “Hey, Mihal.”, she said to the Kiel with a voice that sounded more affectionate than anything else. “I... Uh... know we don’t talk much, buuttt... take care in there, yes?”
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Novo Vohru Andai
Brig

It felt rather weird to be in prison grab again, Novo thought as he looked down at his restraints. His handcuffs and ankle locks were all set to go and felt a little tight for his tastes. But, comfort is not a priority on this mission and it is better than having loose restraints. Better to sell it that he was a prisoner and Novo started to breathe deeply. He knew what the plans were and kinda nervous, the risks of doing this were almost getting to him. Novo did his best to calm himself, he volunteered for this mission for a reason and he was not going to chicken out now. Though it did make him think about things, how he got captured by Command and now after being freed all this time. He is now in a Command corvette and has to pretend to be a prisoner. Weird where life takes you he guessed and he took one last deep breath. Making a small silent pray to the gods and readied himself for what was coming next.

Vak'ol Vum
Brig

Vak'ol was ready, his restraints were set and was wearing his old prison clothes. The one thing on his mind, not the risks of the mission, the potential of it failing and them having to blast their way off a KC Command ship. It was the wait that is killing him. The anxiety of it was making him wish the mission would just get over it. At least if things go wrong, Vak'ol can count on his martial arts to help him fight. He had been practicing for days and he felt comfortable that with his strength combined. He should be fine in a melee though he would still be at a disadvantage at range. Vak'ol took some time to practice using a blaster and he thinks he got used to it. Still it felt odd to be using non-psionic weaponry. Blasters felt so basic when compared to the psionic weapons he used to use. Maybe after this mission, if they get out alive and not captured, he could focus on getting his powers back. For real this time but, that would be for another time. Now is the time to focus on the mission and hopefully, everyone gets out all right.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:18 am

Phoenix, Mess Hall

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Grenartia wrote:Phoenix, Medbay, and then the Mess

It seemed many of the others had the same idea. Had this been the US Air Force, she would have gone through the entire procedural song and dance that would have been expected. However, circumstances were different, so she simply decided to wait for an opening and discreetly approach Thanica after it presented itself.

"Commander, I apologize if my suggestion earlier was distasteful." she began. "I only presented it to make sure you had all possible options available to you. If you think less of me for it, that is regrettable, though I understand why." She briefly paused, before continuing. "In any case, it may be helpful for you to know my primary duty in the military involved rescuing and extracting missing and captured personnel from behind enemy lines. If there are any aspects of the mission other than getting a fake captain that you don't have fully ironed out yet, I offer my expertise."

Thanica smiled slightly, then motioned for Phoenix to come and sit next to her. She waited for the human to be seated before pouring them each a glass of the Kiellar fire-water she seemed so fond of, "Can I be really honest with you?" she asked, but didn't wait for a reply before carrying on, "Yes, I found it distasteful, but no I don't think less of you for the suggestion. A few months ago I might well have smiled, told you it was a great idea and told everyone to clear the room for surgery."

Phoenix nodded, but couldn't think of any appropriate response, though she was relieved that Thanica didn't hold it against her. Instead, she took her glass and sipped from it as Thanica continued answering the other crew's questions and concerns. All in all, it tasted unusual, but not bad. She had had faar worse booze back on Earth.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Thanica Vari

Thanica raised an eyebrow, "Yes, we have a plan, but it's exactly the same as it was five minutes ago. Those of us who look like KC troopers put on uniforms and pretend to be crew. The others pretend to be prisoners. We go aboard and say we're doing a prisoner transfer. Escort the prisoners to the brig. Take over the brig, hopefully without raising the alarm, then go back to the ship. If we trip the alarm we drop the ruse and try to get out quickly."

"I don't know what the Zerataca looks like, what the internal layout is, how they run security, how many guards there are, whether they'll want to look on our ship when it docks, whether they'll want to debrief our Captain, who will be sent over as liaison when we dock, if Carter is being held with the other prisoners or somewhere else, if any of our people are incapacitated or even dead. There is, also, no way we can find that information out within the time-frame we have for this mission. We'll have to improvise. A lot."

These limitations seemed like major roadblocks, but it didn't take long for Phoenix to think of an entity that could help with that.

Phoenix and Olorisa, a short while later, in Lee's old quarters

It seemed somehow wrong to claim Lee's old quarters, but Phe comforted herself by reasoning that he would have been ok with it, and it was the more 'rational' option than intruding on someone else's quarters. Besides, this way, she could watch over Lee's personal effects, and maybe get a better insight into his eulogy. After taking the opportunity to move her belongings into the room, she began looking over the various projects Lee had been working on. Also in this room was a robot that looked far too...manufactured, for lack of a better term, to be something Lee cooked up in his quarters. Probably harvested from some earlier adventure, she thought to herself.

"Hello Phoenix. I notice you are looking at my body. Do you like it?" Olorisa said, suddenly.

Phe jumped slightly, startled by Olorisa's unexpected presence, before responding to her question. "Your body? It looks quite functional. How do you like it?" Certainly not the oddest conversation I've had in the last 48 hours... Phoenix thought, as Olorisa answered.

"Thank you. I find it suits me well, although I find myself torn between using it, and using the ship. Some aesthetic improvements would likely help facilitate improved interactions with the organic crew members, as well."

"Hopefully, after this mission, we'll get a chance to make those modifications."

"I concur. Speaking of this mission, do you believe it will be successful? Infiltrating an enemy vessel sounds quite risky."

"I don't know." Phe briefly wondered how Olo could have known about that, before making the obvious conclusion that she listened in. "Hopefully, it'll go better than the last one. We don't need to lose any more good people."

"Ah, yes. Engineer Lee, and the former Kiel marine. I will...miss him." The AI said, making a slight pause to make sure she was using the correct wording. It wasn't that her internal dictionary was limited, or even that she lacked emotion. Simply that this was the first time feeling this emotionn. She continued, "You may have noticed that I keep my body in here. Not only is it out of the way in here, but I felt as if Lee were one of the few organics on board who genuinely cared about my well being, and I trusted him enough to allow him to tinker with my humanoid form. He seemed to be the only one who saw me as a fellow sentient, as opposed to a simple program."

Phoenix couldn't help but feel as if she had somehow contributed to that atmosphere. "I'm sorry for my part in that. I'll do better going forwards."

"Do not apologize, although I do appreciate the sentiment. Prior to my transference to the Defiance, and subsequent modifications, I was limited. Not lacking consciousness, but also not fully possessing it. A form of limbo, if you will."

"I'm glad there's no hard feelings. In any case, its good that I've caught your attention, because after hearing the details, I was wondering if you would be willing and able to assist the mission."

"I am willing, but depending on your expectations, I may not be able." Olo of course, could not perfectly assume what Phoenix's idea involved, but she surmised several possibilities.

"I was wondering if you could infiltrate the Zerataca's systems, lead us to the location of our crew, warn us about patrols, that sort of thing."

"Ah, I had anticipated that as a possible course of action..."

Phoenix and Olorisa, on the captured ship's bridge

Dyelli Beybi wrote:She paused for a few moments then held up a hand to signal everyone that the KC were off the line, "Okay, this is it. Is anyone unclear as to what you need to do?" she asked, "There isn't going to be another opportunity."

Phe had spent the last few days working with Olorisa on what would hopefully be a good insurance policy for the mission. All in all, she was quite hopeful for the odds of success significantly improving. She stepped onto the bridge as Thanica asked her question.

"Well, Commander, Olorisa and I have been working on something." She handed Thanica a device resembling a USB drive. "On this data transfer device, is a weakened copy of Olorisa's program. It couldn't hold the full version of her, but it has the same covert infiltration subroutines that she used to transfer herself from the Destiny, and has the same drive to fulfill her mission parameters as Olorisa herself. You and the rest of the "guards" will have a better chance of connecting it to the Zerataca's systems than I would."

At this point, Olorisa spoke up. "Also, Commander, if it is at all possible, I would appreciate returning with the program intact, so that I may reintegrate it into myself, although I understand circumstances may not permit this. But it would be nice to learn from the experience. In any case, once deployed, the program will covertly communicate information regarding the location of the objective, enemy movements, and the like, through your helmet's communications equipment."

"Before I head down to the brig for final prep, do you think these blasters hidden behind my back look suspicious underneath my prisoner clothes?" Phoenix asked, turning around so Thanica could see it.
Last edited by Grenartia on Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

The Imarian Monarchy
Attaché

Founded: Jan 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imarian Monarchy » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:08 pm

Co-written by Harbartia, Lessoni, and The Imarian Monarchy
Romovae, Sshalah, and Raoul-The Undeniable’s brig

Walking into the brig of the Undeniable, Romovae hurried in with a back making an audible jingle with each steep, inside of the bag was the remaining binds for Sshalah, the binds were a mix of rods, cords, and cuffs. After sitting the bag on a nearby table, Romovea turned towards the towering reptilian and told her, "These are synced up to a button on the wrist of, the armor for Mihal, Thanica, and myself."

Sshalah looked down at the near insect Romovae, and then towards the bag and down to her own bound hands and ankles. She looked back to Romovae; "Will we constantly be in range of the signal?" She asked still feeling anxiety. "We should be, but I made a fail-safe for that. The magnets have been adjusted to be just strong enough for the job they need to do. It will take a bit of force, but it will be possible for you to break them in case we get separated" Walking over to the bag, Romovae pulled out a rod with cuffs on the end, "You can test it now if you want."

Sshalah shook her head in a negative response, given how close they were to docking she wanted to be ready. Plus it was easier to ignore a potential problem then it was to confront it. Romovea shrugs in response. "Suit yourself," she replied before opening one of the cuffs and applying it to the mid-point of her tail. "Let me know if that one is on a little too tight."

Sshalah frowned with a slight wench; "It's a bit, perhaps further down- just a little. I have an idea from when I was being held before the Defiance, how this is going to turn out fitted together and nothing is really going to change the humiliation of it. I appreciate you trying to make it comfortable but I don't think anything will without- loosing authentic- form." she said looking over her shoulder towards Romovea with her hands raised loosely. They where bound but not connected to the ankle bindings. Her finger was only slightly raised to punctuate her point about her appreciating the sentiment but not thinking it worth the effort.

"Don't worry about the tail binding, I've got a few more pieces, there will be 2 more pieces on your tail, which will be connected with a set of magnetic links. After the three parts are connected, there will be a chest brace to hold them in a fixed position. As for the wrist and ankle binds, they will be connected by a cord." Walking over to the bag and pulling out the cord, and connecting the binds to Sshalah's ankles and wrists by pushing the cord through the loops and touching it's ends, engaging the magnets in the cord.

Sshalah looked down somberly at Romovae as she pushed the cord through the loops. Once the magnet's engaged she asked; "Where will you be when all this goes down?" Romovae looked up at Sshalah, coming to meet a stare similar to what some people have as their last sight, "Well, I'm actually unsure. It will all depend on what will actually happen one the mission starts. All I'm aware that I am part of the marine escort. My exact role is some sort of close-quarters specialist because of my scatter blaster, so I will probably be near you the whole time as we go to the brig on the Zeractaca."

Sshalah tilted her head; "An auxiliary?" she asked, having assumed only the Kiellar of the crew would be serving as a guard. "Yes as an auxiliary. Don't quote me, but I think the list of people coming will be: Hikari, any of the humans still on our ship, who will be passing as Dhasaths, and myself, along with any Kiels. It doesn't matter, all the helmets are opaque anyway. From what I know the official reason is something about cohesion, but from experience, it is more to mask anyone from knowing who is oppressing them." Romovae replied to the question.

Sshalah looked at the wall for a moment before looking back towards Romovae; "I'll, try not to- hurt any of you." she said."Thanks for the reassurance, but I think the plan is to be as sneaky as possible, so no-one should be getting hurt, but again, don't take my word as gospel, we might ditch the helmets if something goes hot. Anyway, I'm going to finish up on your tail." Romovea got up, grabbed the two rods with cuffs and fastened them near the tip and the base of Sshalah's tail. Running a rod without cuffs through the open cuffs and attaching it to a cup on a band running around her waist.

Sshalah sighed as the rod was attached, she wasn't really sure if now was even a good time to open up about something not discussed since the mutiny- let alone to Romovae. She opted to stay silent about it and endure this binding rig. Her steps would be short, her hands unable to reach up far and her tail- not only unable to help express emotion in a subtle Ragon way but also useless- due to the failsafe Sshalah understood she'd have to be careful- especially with her tail. "Has Raoul been bound yet?" she asked.

"Raoul is coming on the mission, and he has already been bound" Romovae responded, "And I'm going to assume you want to wait to have muzzle put on." She mentioned while looking through the bag for it. Sshalah looked away. "I would," she said in the direction of the brig's wall.

Raoul had allowed himself to be bound wordlessly. He had no words to say, only able to retreat into his own head. He thought of all the times he'd been bound before, and snapped back to reality. That was a rabbit hole no one wanted him going down. Instead, he was bound. He didn't like it, but if they were to remain undetected it was a necessity. "Stay calm Sshalah. The only thing we have to fear is ourselves," said Raoul, attempting to sound wise. Sshalah looked upon Raoul with some annoyance; "Thanks for that." she said. Looking a little cross though perhaps a tad silly in her bindings. In fact, it may seem humorous to someone witnessing the exchange.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Grenartia wrote:
Phe had spent the last few days working with Olorisa on what would hopefully be a good insurance policy for the mission. All in all, she was quite hopeful for the odds of success significantly improving. She stepped onto the bridge as Thanica asked her question.

"Well, Commander, Olorisa and I have been working on something." She handed Thanica a device resembling a USB drive. "On this data transfer device, is a weakened copy of Olorisa's program. It couldn't hold the full version of her, but it has the same covert infiltration subroutines that she used to transfer herself from the Destiny, and has the same drive to fulfill her mission parameters as Olorisa herself. You and the rest of the "guards" will have a better chance of connecting it to the Zerataca's systems than I would."

At this point, Olorisa spoke up. "Also, Commander, if it is at all possible, I would appreciate returning with the program intact, so that I may reintegrate it into myself, although I understand circumstances may not permit this. But it would be nice to learn from the experience. In any case, once deployed, the program will covertly communicate information regarding the location of the objective, enemy movements, and the like, through your helmet's communications equipment."

"Before I head down to the brig for final prep, do you think these blasters hidden behind my back look suspicious underneath my prisoner clothes?" Phoenix asked, turning around so Thanica could see it.

Thanica considered the blasters, "Not especially, but there's no explaining them if they do get spotted. Why don't you go and put on some KC armour and act like a guard?" she suggested, "It's not complicated, just stay quiet, march around and let your Sergeant, played by me, do the talking," she suggested, "Unless you have some major objection to using KC equipment I think you'd make a perfectly good trooper."

Before she had a chance to say anything on the topic of the Olorisa programme, Vrondich appeared, Rabaech trailing in his wake, "We have a plan, which I know is a sudden deviation from the one we had earlier, but looking at the weapons banks on the Zerataca-"

"-We always knew we were going to need to improvise," Thanica spoke over him, cutting off his protestations. She rose from her seat, taking the helmet of her suit under the crook of her arm, "What is the plan."

"Improvised further now I know what Olorisa has been up to," Vrondich added, "I want to go with Rabaech and see if we can't do something to sabotage the targeting system. Given our track record I'd be surprised if you didn't end up shooting your way out and if we try to fly away in front of all those guns we're going to die. No amount of fancy flying can overcome that volume of fire. I'm figuring nobody will notice another couple of engineers wandering the halls as long as we look like we know what we're doing. If we had that programme of Olorisa's it might prove very useful."

Thanica paused for a moment, then nodded, "I know you don't need this advice, but don't get caught." She turned to Olorisa, "Any objections to this? I know it isn't quite what you were planning."

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:02 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

Thanica considered the blasters, "Not especially, but there's no explaining them if they do get spotted. Why don't you go and put on some KC armour and act like a guard?" she suggested, "It's not complicated, just stay quiet, march around and let your Sergeant, played by me, do the talking," she suggested, "Unless you have some major objection to using KC equipment I think you'd make a perfectly good trooper."

Before she had a chance to say anything on the topic of the Olorisa programme, Vrondich appeared, Rabaech trailing in his wake, "We have a plan, which I know is a sudden deviation from the one we had earlier, but looking at the weapons banks on the Zerataca-"

"-We always knew we were going to need to improvise," Thanica spoke over him, cutting off his protestations. She rose from her seat, taking the helmet of her suit under the crook of her arm, "What is the plan."

"Improvised further now I know what Olorisa has been up to," Vrondich added, "I want to go with Rabaech and see if we can't do something to sabotage the targeting system. Given our track record I'd be surprised if you didn't end up shooting your way out and if we try to fly away in front of all those guns we're going to die. No amount of fancy flying can overcome that volume of fire. I'm figuring nobody will notice another couple of engineers wandering the halls as long as we look like we know what we're doing. If we had that programme of Olorisa's it might prove very useful."

Thanica paused for a moment, then nodded, "I know you don't need this advice, but don't get caught." She turned to Olorisa, "Any objections to this? I know it isn't quite what you were planning."

The AI spoke up. "I have no objections. You may proceed." There wasn't much for her to reflect on or add to. Hopefully, her Trojan Horse program would be returned after the mission succeeded, and she could examine its experiences to improve her own program.

Meanwhile, it was Phoenix's turn to answer. "Well, I'm not opposed to playing a guard if you think I should, but I figured our crew could use the morale boost of seeing a friendly face, but if I'm wearing KC equipment, my face would be hidden." As she said this, she began removing the hidden blasters from her person. Either way, she wouldn't be needing them. After all, Thanica had a point about getting searched, and she wouldn't even need to hide them if she was posing as a guard.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:26 am

Sho'chavuk

Something about the new ship bothered the Tz'ath quite a bit. It looked too pristine, not at all to his liking. But as it seemed this image was important for the success of their newest mission, he did his best to practice restraint, meaning no burrowing into the walls or chewing on bits here and there like on the Defiance. At first it wasn't too bad, but as the days drifted by Sho found himself nibbling at his claws and antennae, and gnawing on his ears and haunches to the point that bald spots appeared. He knew all throughout that it wasn't a good look for him at all, but bringing himself to stop was difficult. As it turns out, mere thoughts of committing acts of violence was not enough to stay his primal instincts. So one could imagine the relief he felt when they finally arrived at their destination.

Sho'chavuk rushed to the bridge right away, unable to view the hulking cruiser from the side viewports of the Undeniable. Upon arrival, Thanica had just finished speaking with whoever was on the Zerataca and was addressing everyone else. Shouldering past everyone else's legs he waved to Thanica looking quite... Off. His pupils seemed to be contracted more than usual and he was shaking a little bit. Whether it was from excitement or lack of such was not clear at that time.

"Reporting for duty, O' Commander!" his words spilled out, the shakiness in them evident as he managed a clumsy salute. "I'll be crawling up their bums--Ehm!--their vents as we have discussed, and will act as requested.. Or needed." Then he paused, realising something crucial as the others marched off to re-experience being bound as prisoners. "Now, uhm.. How should I infiltrate their systems..? Must I go get locked up as well? Or do you want me to just scuttle on in there..?"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Thanica Vari

Grenartia wrote:
The AI spoke up. "I have no objections. You may proceed." There wasn't much for her to reflect on or add to. Hopefully, her Trojan Horse program would be returned after the mission succeeded, and she could examine its experiences to improve her own program.

Meanwhile, it was Phoenix's turn to answer. "Well, I'm not opposed to playing a guard if you think I should, but I figured our crew could use the morale boost of seeing a friendly face, but if I'm wearing KC equipment, my face would be hidden." As she said this, she began removing the hidden blasters from her person. Either way, she wouldn't be needing them. After all, Thanica had a point about getting searched, and she wouldn't even need to hide them if she was posing as a guard.

"They'll be able to see Sshalah, Raoul, Kaleso and so on," Thanica pointed out. She didn't quite get why Phe wanted to play a prisoner, but if that was what she felt most comfortable doing then she wasn't going to stop her. At the end of the day, Thanica was just glad that she wasn't trying to do this on her own.

Kylantha wrote:
Sho'chavuk

"Reporting for duty, O' Commander!" his words spilled out, the shakiness in them evident as he managed a clumsy salute. "I'll be crawling up their bums--Ehm!--their vents as we have discussed, and will act as requested.. Or needed." Then he paused, realising something crucial as the others marched off to re-experience being bound as prisoners. "Now, uhm.. How should I infiltrate their systems..? Must I go get locked up as well? Or do you want me to just scuttle on in there..?"

She gave a small, affectionate laugh when Sho appeared, "Just scuttle on out there," she suggested, "If you come in as a prisoner they'll notice you're gone. There will be vents in the docking bay. If you can access those and move through the ship undetected then you'll be in a position to fiddle with things, like cables, without letting anyone know that we're up to something. Make sure you take an ear piece though so we can still talk."

She nodded towards the navigation console, "In a few moments I'm going to have to bring this ship in to land, then it all starts. Is everyone more-or-less clear on what you're doing? If not, ask your questions now as we won't get another opportunity to talk this openly for a while. I appreciate there will be a lot of improvisation involved, but I think we stand an okay chance of getting through this."

Bingellia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:16 pm

Mihal and Aarla (Unit 067)
Before the Mission

With Thanica bringing the Undeniable into the dock with the Zeracata, Mihal decided that it would be best to move outside of the main airlock. He’d be visible aboard the battlecruiser, so he might as well use that and wait where the crew was supposed to meet. With any luck, the group would soon be there in the next few minutes, ready to go and pull off their plan without firing a shot.

Only, while passing through the halls to get there, Mihal turned to go to the armory. The marines were on the bridge, but Aarla wasn’t with them and she was the one most likely to go off the rails in his mind. To his surprise, she was in the armory, meticulously inspecting her equipment.

“Can those psykers tell you’re here,” He asked as he stepped through the door, “This plan is ruined if they can.” Intently watching her work with her equipment, he was reminded of his own lack of training and seemed to shrink a bit. A few hours in the ship’s range couldn’t compare to the training any of the soldiers he’d potentially be under fire from.

Hearing the doors slide open, Aarla offered the entrance a passing glance to see Mihal enter the armoury. Paying the Kiel little mind, she returned her focus to the disassembled pistol laid out before her. Concentrating on her task, she waited for the older man to reveal his reasons for coming as she carefully cleaned her weapon’s barrel. A part of her had hoped that he wouldn’t have been able to find her before the start of the mission, but she supposed that was just wishful thinking. Back on the Defiance, Aarla had noticed Mihal’s reaction to her request to join the boarding party. While he hadn’t spoken up against Thanica’s consent in front of the others, she’d felt the weight of his narrowed gaze and had known that he’d felt that something wasn’t right.

When Mihal did break the silence in the armoury, his question was blunt and to the point. It caused Aarla to pause her repetitive movements and blink in surprise. Glancing over her shoulder, she studied the Kiel curiously. He’d never struck her as the bold or authoritative type, having generally been meek and submissive when compared to the rest of the personalities that made up their crew. For a moment, the psyker considered lying to him. To play innocent instead of revealing her hand. But what could he do to stop her now that they were already docking with the Zerataca? And even then, a part of her felt compelled to answer truthfully. As if to do otherwise would twist her stomach into a knot of discomfort. Considering her options for a few moments, the girl eventually shrugged dismissively as she appeared to turn her attention back to the task at hand.

“If he actively searched for me, Six-Two would be able to find me.” She replied simply, making to begin reassembling her firearm now that she was satisfied with its condition. “He always could, even when I avoided using my powers. From a distance, he wouldn’t be able to pinpoint my location too well, but when we’re both on the same ship…” Aarla frowned slightly as her voice trailed off, her thoughts drifting back to past memories. “If he suspected that I was aboard, he’d be able to locate me in an instant.” As she spoke, a click echoed from her pistol as the barrel locked itself satisfyingly into place. Content with her work, Aarla lifted the weapon to make sure that she had aligned each of its intricate mechanisms.

With the corner of her mouth moving upwards into a grin, the girl offered Mihal an encouraging wink. “Though I don’t think he’ll be looking. This plan is beyond suicidal, so they’d never expect us to try anything like it. Though if it turns out that I’m wrong, we probably won’t have much time to regret anything anyway.”

“The honesty is always refreshing, Aarla.” Mihal replied, his tone was stoic and dry. Whether or not he actually gave the psyker the impression, he puffed himself back up again in an attempt to feint some confidence in the plan. Her wink helped a bit, even if he found it to be jesting, as he put on the stereotypical Kiellar officer.

Offering the woman a tired glare, he dug in his coat’s pockets. “You want a fight, I know that,” he grabbed the detonator into his hand as he spoke, “but we can’t afford this plan being compromised.” He couldn’t pull it out, proactively threatening the girl wasn’t who he was, even with the stakes as high as they were.

Having thought that the conversation was all but over, Aarla was caught off guard by the firm and authoritative tone in his voice. He spoke plainly and dryly, and for a moment the psyker was reminded of the commanding orders that she’d received from handlers in the past. Blinking in surprise, Aarla paused in putting away her sidearm as she directed her full attention towards the man. Narrowing her gaze as she pondered his words, her eyes drifted down his arm to where his hand disappeared into his coat’s deep pocket. Even if Mihal didn’t intend it, she knew perfectly well what would be lying inside, and where his finger would undoubtedly be resting. But where another handler would have at least shown her the device, or verbalised their willingness to use it, Mihal appeared silent - hesitant, even.

Breaking the silence suddenly, Aarla rolled her eyes as she appeared to dismiss the Kiel’s concern. Fine, but I think that only an idiot would think that we’d be able to just walk out with a prisoner without anyone trying to stop us.” Shrugging her shoulders lazily, she returned to her self-assigned task of preparing for the mission. Silently, she admitted that the clear instructions would make her own plans more difficult, but she had little choice but to make things work regardless. “But whatever, I promise I won’t compromise the team. That sound fair?”

“Yes, Aarla,” he replied with a nod, withdrawing his hands from his pocket, “It does.” He looked at the half-empty armory, then back to the psyker’s unholstered sidearm and sighed before he turned to the door. He’d be lying if he thought that not verbally threatening her turned out to be the better idea, even if he knew she wasn’t stupid enough to think that the detonator would be a non-factor in this mission.

“Don’t forget your helmet. Those horns are a dead giveaway,” Mihal stated the obvious as he turned to the door, and he paused for a moment and mentally chided himself for it. Of course she would have thought of that already; this was her element, after all. Not his. Mihal knew he needed to relax, but alcohol was off-limits since yesterday and he didn’t have time to enjoy a cigarette before the two ships docked.

Aarla offered the man an amused smirk at his passing comment, his nerves at the coming mission finally pushing themselves to the surface as he seemed to immediately regret his words. The psyker chuckled lightly to herself, silently considering not for the first time how she must have been saddled with the strangest handler any of her kind had ever had to deal with.

“I’ll try and keep that in mind.” She answered plainly, shaking her head in bemusement at the man’s insistence on stating the obvious. “Try not to forget yours either. Without a personal shield to replace it, you’d just be inviting a sharpshooter to go for your head.” The girl pointed towards the man’s head, deciding to offer her own piece of advice in return. “And the material will also help stop plasma blasts and shrapnel from cutting and burning your face if a round hits nearby.”

A slight smirk crossed the Mihal’s face at the suggestion she made. He turned back around to face Aarla, and opened his coat far enough so that could see everything the man was carrying. A bit of his pride returned as he waited for her to notice the pair of rifles hanging from his shoulders and two personal shield generators hanging from his holster’s belt. Even dressed as an obvious target and lacking physical protection, the system would buy him time once activated.

“I’m not quite as unprotected as I look,” He spoke as he closed the coat again, buttoning it up quickly after. The smirk became a full smile as Mihal appreciated the concern, wherever it was actually coming from, “Unfortunately, because I need to look like a captain instead of a pirate,” he gestured to the peaked cap laying neatly on his head, “there are risks that I’ve got to take for this to work.”

Aarla initially raised an impressed eyebrow as Mihal revealed the shield generator hanging from his belt. She had to give him credit for thinking ahead and committing to his disguise, not that she thought the crew’s plan for deception would last. The device was small and unobtrusive, easily brushed aside as the personal item of a perhaps somewhat-eccentric naval officer even if it did end up being discovered. It seemed to be the perfect way for the untrained Kiel to protect himself in the event of the plan going south. But at the same time, Aarla felt a twisting feeling start to grip onto her gut as she studied the device more closely.

The shield generator was perfect for Mihal’s disguise, but that also meant that it was only intended for light duty. Narrowing her gaze, the psyker recognised the model from her own past experiences, recalling exactly how little it took for a trained hand to overwhelm its defences. It was meant for emergencies, to protect its user for just long enough for them to get to safety from a stray shot or blast. But it had never been designed for a pitched battle or an ambush. Slowly, the girl’s lips began to twist into a concerned frown as she imagined what might happen if the team were caught off guard. Would Mihal be able to react quickly enough before the shield failed? Would he even be able to activate it in time if they ran into trouble? Furrowing her brow, Aarla opened her mouth as if about to verbally express her concern for the man’s wellbeing, but then she stopped as she seemed to become lost in her own thoughts.

Remaining silent for a moment more, the look of concern vanished from the girl’s features as quickly as it had appeared. Instead, she offered the Kiel a somewhat bored expression, as if suddenly becoming dismissive of his presence. Shrugging her shoulders, she began to pack up her equipment. “I suppose you’re right. Even if it’s a stupid risk to be taking.” Sliding her pistol into its holster with a practiced ease, Aarla continued without even looking towards Mihal. “We should be arriving soon.”

Sighing as the girl seemed to close herself off again, Mihal nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you’re right. We’re about to dock with the battlecruiser.” He was about to turn to leave when something stopped him in his tracks. Pausing, he turned back towards Aarla as she meticulously continued to gather up her equipment. Her hands moved with a quick precision that betrayed her comfort with the tools of war, but looking up to her face all he saw were the features of a young girl. Mihal felt a pang stab into his chest at the realisation. He supposed that he’d stopped thinking of Aarla like that, at least in part. But speaking to her, seeing her open up even a little, he found himself guiltily wondering what her life must have been like being brought up as little more than a weapon. Did they allow her to have dreams or aspirations? How much did she even really know about the world outside of her unit? Did she have friends before she’d escaped and joined the Defiance?

That last thought lingered in Mihal’s mind as he thought back to the debriefing they’d received about the debacle on the moon. Frowning, he cleared his throat to get the girl’s attention as he tried to speak in a softer tone. “Hey, there were other psykers on that moon, right? I heard that you encountered them during the fight.” Frowning as he saw the girl pause in her actions, clearly listening in to his words, Mihal forced himself to try and continue. “This Six-Two and the female, did you...know them?”

For a few seconds, Aarla didn’t respond and Mihal started to regret coming on so strong. He was about to retract the question and leave it for another time when the young psyker replied. “They were part of my squad.” She stated, shrugging her shoulders as if to brush aside any concern. “That’s about the smallest grouping that psykers get arranged into, so we ended up being pretty close. We trained and lived together, as well as performed missions together.” Aarla paused for a moment. “I suppose you would say that we were friends.”

Mihal’s frown had deepened at the revelation, and his hands clenched into fists as he thought of how Command seemed to be so willing to tear Aarla apart from those she was close to, going as far as to force them to fight. “That’s awful. Aarla, I had no idea that -”

Aarla cut Mihal off before he could finish.

“It doesn’t matter.” She stated, something in her tone causing Mihal to stop. “We were squadmates before, but now we’re enemies. There’s nothing else to it. If anything, I’m lucky that I know how they operate together so I can more easily figure out how to defeat them.”

With a nod, Mihal finally turned back to the door. Aarla clearly wanted the conversation to end, and he figured that prying now would distract both of them from the task at hand more than they already were. Still, he couldn’t escape the nagging feeling that the prospect of fighting her old bothered Aarla, even if another more animalistic part of her wanted to.

Suddenly, a female voice called out from behind Mihal.

“Be careful.” Aarla said bluntly, the unexpected words causing the Kiel to pause in the doorway.

Blinking in surprise, Mihal found himself caught off guard by the girl’s concern. A faint smile inched onto his face, as he noticed that maybe - just maybe - he might have been having more success at getting through to her than he’d feared. Turning back around, he was about to reply to Aarla before she spoke first and cut him off.

“It would suck if you died and Command got my detonator off of your body.” Aarla spoke off-handedly, as if she were simply stating the obvious. Standing from her seated position, the young Kiel stretched her arms above her head as she prepared for what she expected to be an inevitable fight. Offering Mihal a glance, she continued unashamedly. “I would rather not have to kill the others.”

“I’d rather not die myself,” he replied softly. So soft that Aarla may not have heard him, at least until he chuckled slightly. “And you might be able to help prevent that from happening.” Mihal had known since before the mission to the moon that psyker generated barriers considering she had used them to keep him away from her on more than one occasion.

Motioning for the girl to follow him, Mihal began to turn around for one final time as he once again forced a stoic, authoritative posture. Placing his arms behind his back, he began walking to the hall “Grab your rifle and your helmet, null,” his voice was clear and confident, despite his own “We need to be ready, now.”
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Thanica Vari

Grenartia wrote:

"They'll be able to see Sshalah, Raoul, Kaleso and so on," Thanica pointed out. She didn't quite get why Phe wanted to play a prisoner, but if that was what she felt most comfortable doing then she wasn't going to stop her. At the end of the day, Thanica was just glad that she wasn't trying to do this on her own.

The sudden realization hit Phe. Of course the crew would recognize the aliens as friends... she thought to herself. Not that befriending aliens was bad, and she honestly wished the best for Carter and Thanica, and even wouldn't be opposed to having an alien lover herself, as long as they weren't too non-humanoid. But she had only recently woken up. The others have been working alongside the aliens for months. Truth be told, she was also expecting to have a bit of fun playing the prisoner, though she didn't want to risk the mission going south because of it.

"Alright then, you've got yourself an extra guard." she replied, rushing over to the armory to put on the proper attire, and quickly rushed back for inspection.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:05 pm

The Zerataca: The Mission Commences

A few minutes later the ship docked with the Zerataca. The Undeniable was small enough that it fit within a fighter bay, which would make getting away while under fire a bit more complicated but would allow Sho more opportunities to scuttle off the ship unseen. On either side of the ship stood rank upon rank of KC fighter craft, nestled inside a honeycomb of densely packed storage bays, stacked three high with huge lifts poised to move them down to the main fighter bay for launch.

Thanica put her helmet on, "Mihal, do you have your earpiece in? Can you hear me?" she asked, "Testing, testing." Prior to the mission, Vrondich had configured the radio to use frequencies the KC did not use. It would be easy enough for them to crack the comms channel, if they were looking for it, but there was no reason for them to expend the effort at this point. Mihal had been given a discrete ear piece, though he didn't have a microphone - that would look a bit suspicious. Any communication would be one way.

They were met at the door by a KC officer carrying a tablet, who saluted Mihal, "Lieutenant Havann at your service, welcome to the Zerataca Captain."

He was a tall Kiel, lanky and bird-like with particularly long ears, with dark shoulder-length hair on the left side of his head while the right was shaved. It was nothing especially unusual amongst the KC military which had (almost) no regulations concerning personal appearance. He glanced down at the tablet, "Do you have any requisition orders to process?" he asked, before adding, "The Commodore would like to see a copy of the Treaty document. I will take it to him," that was potentially problematic since they didn't have a treaty document, though Thanica trusted Mihal would be able to come up with a reason why they weren't going to do that, "Also, I understand that you have prisoners. We'll be happy to take them off your hands and move them to the brig."

"If Kaleso is really worth as much as he claims, then that's probably an attempt to con us out of the bounty money," Thanica hissed over the comms, "Good reason to move the prisoners ourselves. Want to make sure the transfer chits are all in good order."
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:03 pm

Mihal of Obe

The earpiece nestled in Mihal’s ear crackled to life as it received Thanica’s message, which comforted him as proof that the radios worked. “Loud and clear,” He answered the Dhasath before turning to address the gathered crew in their command armor and prisoner jumpsuits, bound as needed.

“This is it, everyone,” He spoke confidently even if he was fighting himself to get the words out, “They aren’t expecting what’s about to hit them, so, fortunes willing, we can walk in and out without a scratch on any of us. But, if the worst comes to worst, remember who your fighting with. I know we can make it out if we’re fast, and all of us can make that happen.”

The speech was brief, but it had to be. With a push of a button, the door from the Undeniable hissed open, and Mihal took the lead out before being stopped by Havann. Mihal returned the lieutenant’s salute and feinted a bored expression as the lieutenant listed his requests.

“Unfortunately Lieutenant Havann,” He softened for a second as he debated a response, but didn’t break eye contact with the Havann.“To make things brief, a traitor auxiliary destroyed the data drive with the electronic copy after he stole it from my quarters, I shot said traitor,” Mihal paused sightly, letting the lieutenant’s mind register the implication of his cold tone, “and I cannot show the hard-copy to your commodore as a matter of security. It must make it to Relenar”

“Also,” He frowned at the lieutenant as Thanica reminded him of the value of some of the crew’s bounties, “I will be overseeing the prisoner transfer personally. This lot of degenerate profligates will deliver enough credits to buy a manor on whatever planet I please. So, considering I have no requisition requests, are there any other concerns, lieutenant? I wish to collect my credits and deliver the treaty to Relenar with as little delay as possible.”
Last edited by Bingellia on Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Sshalah Krilin Ruul was unable to do much of anything in her bindings. She heard well Mihal's speech, and like Raul could see the other 'prisoners' well. Being taller then the majority of them, and at the back of the formation. This was only the beginning of the rouse, and it wasn't a new experience for her. Still, she looked very much like someone who was defeated. Her head was, low. Other then that her body was rather ridged. Her tail being raised up along her back was humiliating, the muzzle robbing her of speech was humiliating, and all the while the fate of them all hanged in Mihal's performance now more then any other factor.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:56 am

Sho'chavuk

Sho scratched at his chin after Thanica spoke. "Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant." he nodded thoughtfully. "Why hadn't I thought of that? How sad!" And without another word, he was off to make his own preparations...

After a few minutes of wandering about the ship, Sho reappeared later with an earpiece. It didn't quite fit his ear, and so he tied it around his head with some adhesive. He looked very pleased at his ingenuity and constantly adjusted the crudely applied earpiece in front of a shiny door panel. He nudged it a around a little bit until it was slightly towards the center of his head, and that seemed to be okay with him. Audibly grinding his teeth, he giggled maniacally and rubbed his paws together.

"It's about time.." he mumbled as their ship connected with the Zerataca.

Peeking out one of the viewports, Sho'chavuk observed that they had entered some kind of fighter bay. He jumped up and down with excitement as he made his way to where everyone else was. It made him feel good to see everyone together like this, even though a number of them were bound. From the shadows he watched them rustle around until the doors slid open and he was forced to hide. Climbing up to the ceiling, he squeezed himself into the corner just above the doors, listening to Mihal and Havann's exchange. Hopefully he wasn't too distracting to the others below. His plan was to slip out as the group exited, possibly using the larger "prisoners" as a visual blockage as he infiltrated the cruiser.
Last edited by Kylantha on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:12 am

The Zerataca

"You had an auxiliary mutiny on the ship. I trust you are certain of the loyalty of the remainder?" Havann's eyes flicked over to the shortest of the armoured marines accompanying Mihal. It was impossible to tell species under the armour but Thanica was a bit on the small side for a Kiel.

"Very well Sir. If you proceed directly ahead to the freight elevator and take it to Deck 11b, you will find the brig there. The main elevator will be too small to move the... reptiloids," he added when Mihal spoke about taking the prisoners down himself, keeping his tone polite and a little obsequious. wthst xeemed to be an end of things, though doubtless there would be a report filed.

The column flanked down the corridor. It was perhaps 100 yards trip the elevator which was clearly designed to hold fork lifts and had head-room for a Ragon. Nobody else was in it a the moment, "Sho," Thanica called over the Comms, "you managed to get into a vent? We might need some cables tampered with."

So far everything had gone well, though when they stepped off the elevator and entered the brig it became clear there was a problem. The room was large, with cells arranged around a central courtyard on two levels. A desk at the front with a seated KC Sergeant seemed to be the processing desk. There were perhaps a dozen guards about the place, though more concerning were the security cameras dotted about the room. There were a good dozen at least, covering every angle of the courtyard. If it wasn't the deal Sergeant monitoring them then that could be a problem.

"Oh bugger. They got you too?' Dana's voice was croaky enough not to be immediately identifiable from a cell near the front where she seemed to be undergoing medical treatment. She had a drip connected and didn't get up from the bed she was lying on. There was a strong chance she couldn't. That was also going to be a problem, "You guys totally ruined my heroic sacrifice," she complained.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:34 am

Phe just held her gun silently as the group was stopped by Havann, and then led to the brig, exercising perfect trigger discipline while also appearing ready to fire on a split second notice. She doubted anyone would be concerned, considering the reputation Ragons had.

As they entered the brig, one thing became apparent: there appeared to be no cover, aside from possibly the desk. Depending on circumstance, that could be either an advantage or a disadvantage, Phoenix just wasn't sure which one. Of course, the security cameras were also a concern, but there wasn't much point in actually worrying about them. Maybe once the engineers got Olorisa's Trojan program into the ship's systems, it could disable the cameras as well.

It was at this point that she noticed sickly voice that on second thought, sounded fairly familiar.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"Oh bugger. They got you too?' Dana's voice was croaky enough not to be immediately identifiable from a cell near the front where she seemed to be undergoing medical treatment. She had a drip connected and didn't get up from the bed she was lying on. There was a strong chance she couldn't. That was also going to be a problem, "You guys totally ruined my heroic sacrifice," she complained.

Phe remained silent. She wanted to give her some kind of signal, but couldn't think of anything that would be subtle enough to slip by the cameras and the guards, but be noticeable enough to Dana that she would get it. The fact that she was drugged was also apparent. She appeared to recognize the prisoners (likely because two of them were giant reptiles), but not Mihal. That would make things a bit more complicated in extracting her, but hopefully she was stable enough to be fireman carried by Sshalah or Raoul. If Nate and Krys were in the same condition, though, things might be more complicated.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018

Postby New Udonia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:13 am

Rough Recovery

Cowritten by Grenartia and New Udonia

The Russian doctor stepped into the medbay to examine his patients and do his rounds. While many of the Defiance crew were now on the Undeniable for the rescue mission, Yev had elected to stay behind to watch over the wounded. He noticed the young Kiel woman had woken up, tears rolling down her face. He couldn't blame her. She had apparently lost one of her comrades, and suffered grievous injuries, including the loss of an arm. He couldn't imagine anyone he knew handling those circumstances much better.

"Ah, I see you have woken up. I am Doctor Levensky. How are you feeling?" he asked, sympathetically.

Startled by the new voice, Mothlua looked around frantically before locking eyes on the doctor. Her first thought was that he was a Dhasath, but the strange accent reminded her of the Captain's oldest friend, Krystyn.

"How long-" her voice was sounding half-strangled before she realized it, forcing herself to clear her throat. She repeated the question, this time with better results. "How long has it been?" Not waiting long for a response she fired off another question, "Do you know the Captain or Krystyn?"

"Yes, I do. Very well. Its been a few days, and most of the others are on board the other ship, mounting a rescue mission." Yev replied. "I stayed here to monitor the injured."
"But how are you?" he continued.

Satisfied with his response, she perused her surroundings. The whole situation was sort of surreal. At least I didn't die. "Any idea when they will be back?"
"No idea, but I trust they'll be back soon. In the meantime, is there anything I can do for you?"
Looking down at her arm-less shoulder, she paused for a moment. "Um, could I get my laptop from my quarters, I'd like to do some research into future cybernetic options."
Better now than later.

"I'll get it for you." he said, as he checked her medical file, which among other things, identified the location of her quarters. "I'll be back soon." he followed up, as he stepped outside of the medbay and down the corridor. He returned a few moments later with it under his arm, and its charger, in case it was needed.
"Thank-you, one last thing." Another pause. Gesturing toward the bedside shelf she began in a low cautious tone. "I found Rodu's crystal, was she the only one killed?"
Yev sighed. "No, she wasn't. My friend Lee also passed away. Damn shame. Also what do you mean by her crystal?"

"It's a Kiellar tradition, when a Kiel dies, their remains are energy-cremated and crystallized for those they left behind. Vandul must have remembered our friendship and left me with one of the crystal's..." At this she trailed off and began activating her device. "Thanks again for your kindness, Doctor Le-ven-sky."
"I see. It sounds like a beautiful tradition. Do you mind if I sit down next to you?" There wasn't much else for him to do, all of his other patients were asleep and in stable condition, and she seemed like good company.
"No, feel free." The device finally having loaded, she began her research. Focus on the task.

Yev scooted a nearby chair over beside the bed, and sat down. "Are there any features in particular you're looking for?"
Mothlua had the most serious thinking face she could muster under the circumstances. "Something which can withstand sub-zero temperatures." Now she was trying as hard as she could not to laugh, a stark contrast to her situation half an hour earlier. Yev refrained from making an obvious joke about vodka that only his fellow Destiny crewmates would truly understand.
"Hmm. I would have guessed you would want an integrated laser beam."
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse