NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 01, 2019 12:32 pm

The Mess Hall (Part 1) - Sshlalah and Thanica (Co-written by Harbertia and Dyelli Beybi)

Where Sshalah gives Thanica too much information on Ragon eating habits and Thanica worries about Sho...

The Ragon stood before the table, a bottle of Razlak in one hand- a pitcher in the other. She was now in a better looking tight grey suit as opposed to her bloodstained prison garb, some logo over the left side of her torso. Her expression was glum. It wasn't long ago that this place was rather cheerful, but after her encounter with Mihal she was realizing that things where not going to be as easy for her as that time here. Her hands where clean now, her bluish hide a bit more presentable. It was unlikely anyone would guess what she had finished doing before coming for a drink, and now it was all on her mind. She was able to think better now, but that simply allowed her to process everything. Sliding as best she could in the seats made for being far smaller, she began to pour Raz'lak into the pitcher- something to dampen her mind to give it focus.

Sshalah wasn't left for all that long. There was the sound of light, rapid footfall as someone trundled down the stairs. It was accompanied by whistling. Whoever it was could carry a tune and had apparently been listening to some of the human 'disco' music. Probably to Ssalah's surprise, the whistler turned out to be Thanica rather than one of the two humans. She froze momentarily as she hit the threshold, realising she wasn't alone. Being alone with the Ragon made her heart leap in her chest, but she was the Commander of the ship now and the Ragon had had a part in putting her there. She forced the fear back down, smiling instead, greeting them amiably, "Hello... I thought I was the only one here. You're not into gambling?"

Sshalah put on a weak smile to respond, not wanting a total repeat of what happened with Mihal; "I don't have any wealth to gamble." she said, "I'd be out there, but what I could put on the table I'd rather not." She put her hand to her chest to indicate herself and the suit, "This is all I have."

"Oh..." Thanica looked surprised for a moment, "I assumed you had some finances in those crates." she crossed the room, leaning up against the wall facing Sshalah, "I'll tell you what, if you want to, Carter is opening up the Captain's quarters in search of something to drink, feel free to loot whatever you want from in there... you know, provided it isn't stuff like the fuses that keep the consoles from exploding. I was hoping you'd be somewhere out there if something goes horrifically wrong with my plan. First because you are terrifying but second because nobody would expect us to be working together. Gives the advantage of surprise."

Sshalah stood up straighter, tilting her neck slightly; "I've been wanting to talk to you about this plan. What role I could play but, I was feeling more enthusiastic about it then. If I just need to hang out nearby that's- a lot easier for me. Saves preparations like costuming on my part and certainly would be a surprise." she nodded, "I can do that. I suppose I'll have some specific objective in such a moment- I- can carry you and carter both- appear to be some opportunistic one?"

"What I was imagining was we'll try to make the plan work without shooting anyone, but if someone gets wind of what I'm up to, and there's a reasonable chance they will, Carter and I probably won't get too far at shooting our own way out." Thanica replied, "That's why I am hoping to also have some hidden people in the crowd nearby, you included, who can even the odds a little. We'll be heavily outnumbered, so surprise is our best option."

The Dhasath paused for a moment before, somewhat impertinently, motioning towards the bottle Sshalah was nursing, "So, you going to offer me a drink?" she said, with a cheeky smile, "I could wait to see what Carter finds, but I don't actually know if he'll find anything at all."

Sshalah smiled and slid from the seat as best she could and rose fetch a glass- she remembered Thanica offering her a drink before and having the amount Sshalah would need to feel anything in mind. It was a modest cup for the Dhasath and upon her return ot the table she filled it- the bottle was now empty which brought a chuckle from Sshalah, "Guess we'll need more." she said. Walking back to get another bottle and returning again, the Ragon was in a less sombre mood as she spoke, "I'm wondering what he'll find as well." she said, "I imagine the Captain wasn't the nicest of persons." she said prying for some information as she reflected onthe scene she had come upon on the bridge- one dead captain, and Thanica penned by two Keillar- the two that had tried to avert their gaze form Sshalah on the bridge when she and Mihal came up with the drawer.

"Well he didn't like me." Thanica raised her glass in a salute of thanks, settling down in the seat opposite Sshalah. While she didn't show any signs of fear, a very large part of her was still, very logically, terrified of Sshalah. The animal part of her brain was screaming at her to run away, but she was the Commander now. She had obligations to the crew, "Wasn't a big fan of auxiliaries. Plenty of the Kiellar aren't." She shrugged as if to say that was just the way of the universe. She paused for a few moments before adding, "So, I have two very important questions I need to ask you. The first is, what is your name? I can't go around calling you 'Ragon' all the time."

The Ragon smiled, "Sshalah. Sshalah Krilin Ruul." she said with some hint of pleasure or pride awaiting the next question with some withheld from expression concern. She was pleased to have finally been able to share it with her.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Sshalah Krilin Ruul." Thanica replied with a slight incline of the head, "The other question is, have you thought about what kind of supplies we can get in to keep you fed over the voyage? I'm assuming we can pick up some kind of livestock on one of these stations about this moon." there were a number of jokes Thanica was tempted to tell at that point, mostly because, as important as the topic was, it made her uncomfortable... all of them were in poor taste though so she held her tongue.

"You are truly most generous." Said Sshalah her eyes with some emotion, slightly watering. "I don't, need to eat often- just once a weak- a large meal. 65 kilograms to 80. Something shorter then I am about-" she she raised her hand to either side of her jaw and then lowed it to the table and extended it by half her hand's length on either side, "-that wide. I don't like having to tear things apart and find it cleaner if I can get it down easily. The quitter it is the better so something that doesn't squeal would be nice. I primarily ate marine mammals back home which made a delightful chirping sound. Though the creature can be land dwelling, cylindrical shaped is a bonus. But not to the extent of being longer then I am- I can eat such but I don't want to be hindered in movement nor to have to tear it in half. Water is nice, but Raz'lak's better. That sauce you mentioned- I'd like that. It makes it easier and adds some spice to the experience."

"Marine mammals might be a bit difficult to store on the ship." Thanica remarked dryly, before adding, sounding quite stunned, "That's... a lot of food." Sshalah was giving her quite a lot of mechanical information on Ragon feeding habits. It was fascinating, in a horrifying way. She took a big swig of the Raz'lak Sshalah had poured for her, "Huh, well it's even more reason not to go for me." she added, grinning, a little maniacally, at her own joke, "I'm a bit on the small side. Wouldn't really satisfy... by the way, do you have any idea what the little furry creature is that Vrondich said eats metal? I haven't seen anything like him before."

Sshalah nodded, "A pest." she said, she remembered him from the bridge earlier, and seemed quite annoyed, "That thing is a Tza'thi- the most deceptive creature in Ragon space. A vile terror. The only way to eat one is to kill it, you can't any other way and even then they are bland and sit from what I've heard. I wouldn't touch it's diseased hide-" she was now aggressive as opposed to annoyed, "-it's best left here on this criminal moon where it can cause the scum here pain. If it doesn't eat us it'll eat the ship and kill both us and it as it did to others before." she said with a scowl "The thing has no mind, it's some lesser beast that mimics civility." She poured another glass for Thanica before filling her pitcher.

"Ah yes, I thought I sensed another predator." Thanica remarked, sipping thoughtfully at her drink, "However, I feel we need to give it a chance. We'll see if it can behave. If it goes for me, and I suspect it would be me, I will shoot it until it stops moving."

Sshalah shook her head; "Unless you have a heavy gun, it will be no use- it will get up. Fire, Lightening, railguns- it would not be to us a pest if so, easily dealt with." she said. The creatures where known to take two or more hits from a heavy object to be crushed and their capacity to lift 5 times their weight made it difficult to find any object heavy enough to crush them.

That made Thanica look distinctly alarmed, "Right, so I can't stop it and it might want to eat me. Excellent. Glad I checked." she took a big swig of raz'lak, "Anyway... returning to stuff I might, potentially, be able to do something about. If you don't mind me asking, you were looking a bit glum when I walked in. Is there some trouble?"

Sshalah exhaled some of her frustration away, "I know not if you recall our conversation." she began, "your comment that I could have 'sugar coated' that a bit more. There is a Keillar, Mihal, he brought the drawer with Carter and co.'s belongings to the bridge. We met in the hold. We found amusement in speculating on what the Huemann's had and how they live. I asked why he was being so nice. He told me that he felt I deserve a chance because, he was not aware that I had eaten anyone. I was as with you, entirely honest with him. Enlightening him on the reality and he lost his composure. I didn't explain the circumstance to him, and know having a true friend is better than a false- but after everyone seemed so- welcoming of me here." she said glancing around the mess hall, "It brought to my attention that I will not be so fortunate in regards to everyone. Brought me back down, I suppose as it did with him, to the reality. I still want to treat him well, I enjoy the words we shared and how easy he had become, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I've failed the chance he was giving me. Unlike you, he was less accepting. I suppose having been hunted before you understand more than he that such is nature's way." she said echoing something she herself had heard not too long ago, "that doesn't mean we can't be polite about it. Such is civility."

Some of this might well have been the drink talking, it seemed to hit Thanica very quickly, but she gave a small laugh that she tried to block with her free hand, "Sorry... I'm not laughing at you; I'm deeply impressed and somewhat disturbed by how well you understand me. Do you realise that other species can use Dhasath organs to produce narcotics? And even if I meet an alien who genuinely doesn't want to eat me or use me to make a powder to shove up their nose, there's a chance they know someone who does and who is willing to pay to. Every non-Dhasath in the galaxy is a potential threat to my life. So if you say you're happy not to hunt me for now, that is as good as I ever get." it was a pretty dark assessment her place in the world and probably went a long way to explaining why she seemed to like Carter so much... "Although on the bright side." Thanica added, her tone immediately turning flippant again, "I'm worth way more than any of the rest of you lot on this ship!"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 01, 2019 12:32 pm

The Mess Hall (Part 2) - Carter, Sshlalah, Thanica and Mihal (Co-written by Arengin Union, Bingellia, Harbertia and Dyelli Beybi)

Where Carter provisions the group with alcohol and they discuss their concerns about Yp...

Carter had been given free access to the former captain's quarters to look for drinks while Thanica headed for the mess hall, Carter didn't think twice about heading to the room which was only a few corridors away from the main bridge piloting area. He plugged in the Captain's code on the door, giving a bit of a light dance to the tune of the Bee Gees, the door opened and revealed a large room, immediately one could recognize this room was unlike others in the ship, much more spacious than the previous quarters Carter had been kept in the ship, with varied decorations and furniture, almost like a luxurious hotel room. A comfy looking king size bed right at the end of the room and a small aquarium of all things, water creatures within that caught Carter's attention at their weirdness, some were not unlike fish back on Earth while others were trippy to look at, on the other side of the wall was several medals, holographic photos and decor, a long desk with multiple consoles and differing techy looking stuff which Carter didn't bother to inspect as he headed straight for what seemed to be cabinets near the bed.

Opening them one by one Carter found only clothing, boxes, and even a chrome plated blaster within a cubby as well as a strange glove like apparatus that he set on the bed, he opened more cabinets and drawers but found nothing that could be considered a drink.

"What kind of Captain doesn't even keep a bottle of wine or something to celebrate?!" Carter exclaimed to himself in disbelief. Finally something caught his attention, right below the bed sheets of the mattress there seemed to be more than met the eye, Carter approached and kneeling down to inspect found a large drawers which seemed to be under a lock from both sides.

"Bingo!" Carter said as he then got the Captain's key card which Thanica had given him and opened both locks, the drawer suddenly opened up automatically to reveal a cold fog and shining white light, Carter pulled the drawer and much to his surprise found a stash of different bottles and metal containers all kept cool by what seemed to be some type of refrigeration unit. Carter pulled the first bottle he saw, a golden coloured one which he inspected for a few seconds before getting up and pushing the drawer back to close it, he then headed over to the mess hall with the bottle in hand.

It didn't take long for him to arrive, he had gotten used to the outline of the ship and as he walked through the corridor, bottle in one hand as he then took off his repainted Kiellar Command Marine helmet, he heard voices coming from the inside of the room. The Human walked through the threshold to find Thanica and the Ragon Sshalash sitting in the same table and conversing. At first Carter's instincts told him to mistrust the reptilian creature as he was almost ready to pull out his blaster from its holster but he quickly decided against it as it seemed both ladies were on amicable terms and even seemed to be friendly to one another and Thanica was in no danger as she turned around on her seat to find Carter entering the room.

"Uhhh..." were Carter's firsts words as then another song began to play on the intercom system, from the Clash and perhaps appropriately timed “Should I Stay Or Should I Go", but Carter didn't lollygag for long as he walked into the room and set his helmet on one nearby table. Carter had a mixture of confusion and disgust within himself as he tried his best to fake a smile or any sort of positive expression to what Thanica had said, this galaxy was weird, these people were weird, everything was, but he realized he better get used to it. Trying to keep a straight face and a cool demeanour as usual, Carter began to open the bottle he had brought from the stash, as he looked over to Thanica he then gave a witty remark, at least as best as he could.

"Well, we're all outcasts one way or the other..." He finally unsealed the bottle which let out a cold gaseous sound not unlike that of soda pop, taking a glass from the table he poured the drink "Fearing for our lives and running away from the terrors of our worlds." Carter took a pause from pouring drinks as he then began to remember Earth again, a lot of reminiscing took place within him ever since he had awaken to this upside setting. "And for all I know, you're all the friendliest people I've meet in my short stay in this galaxy..." he chuckled, "Big, deadly and powerful reptilians included" he gave a nervous chuckled as he then turned to Thanica, "Still better than being immobile in some hot rig while I wait for a likely deadly fate. Cardassian Gold" He said excitedly, "I don't know what it is but it was in the former Captain's stash, he has- I mean, he had a whole collection up in his room."

"Speak for yourself!" Thanica replied with a slight giggle. Alcohol went to her head very quickly. She was quite slight, but it was genetics as well; the Dhasath had evolved on a planet with barely enough water to sustain life, they had evolved not to need very much and were, by the standards of other species, perpetually dehydrated, "I'm not running away from anything. For the first time in my life I actually feel free. Yes, I've probably drastically cut my life expectancy, but at least I'm in charge of my life for a change... sort-of."

Sshalah still rather happy from the conversation smiled as she looked over at her pitcher of Raz'lak and couldn't help but chuckle, putting a hand over her muzzle to contain herself.

Raising a curious eyebrow the Human looked over to Sshalah and setting himself on a chair he asked, "What's so amusing, Ragon?"

Sshalah closed her eyes, getting her chuckles under control before opening her eyes to respond. Gazing warmly down upon the Human in good humour; "As, as a, as a fan of fine drink I'm sure he'd appreciate his present condition."

Carter retort with a jokingly tone, "Well I don't think he has much say in the matter anymore" though a bit nervous given that this very Ragon had eaten the cadaver of the person whose room Carter had just looted from. The circumstances were morbidly amusing one could say.

Mihal, as much as he might begrudge the Ragon for thinking with their stomach, still had to eat as other organics did. Wandering into the mess, he grabbed what was served and looked around, as he always did out of distrust of his more murderous comrades. He spotted the Ragon, Thanica, and Carter. Sighing, he walked over to them. While the Ragon may not be trusted completely, that group wasn't going to stick a knife in his chest just because he was a Kiel or, in the case of the ex-marines, begrudge him for being convicted.

Sitting down, he glared at the Ragon for slightly longer than he should have, but otherwise smiled at the group. "So," he said, missing the jokes that were cracked earlier, "what are we drinking to today? Luck for us all or just the Commander?"

"Hi Mihal!" Thanica added cheerfully, acknowledging his appearance without, seemingly, noticing the glare, "This isn't so much a 'good luck' drink as a 'give me courage' drink. Figured I would want one of those before I go and try to swindle a pimp with an army of murder-bot guards."

Mihal set forward an empty glass as he chuckled, "Well, we can all use some courage right now." Looking around the table, he noted his commander's plain outfit and Sshalah's grey suit, which admitted did look better then the old prison jumpsuit, but he decided that business could wait. He was hungry and there was good alcohol on the table. "Where'd you all find that bottle anyway?" He asked as be took bites from his food, "Cardassian Gold isn't cheap."

Carter didn't delay as he saw Mihal's glass and poured the golden liquid into it, he then answered the Kiellar's question "Former captain had a stash, multiple bottles. I kind of just grabbed the first one I saw," he smirked as he continued serving the drink to Sshalah and Thanica.

He smiled at the human as he raised his glass, "Still, it was a good choice, Captain." Mihal raised his eyebrow as he sipped the golden drink, "Was there a safe in his quarters, I imagine we'll need one after this heist and the sale of the doctor's contributions for all the credits."

"Keep them for special occasions." Thanica agreed, taking a sip, "I'm not entirely comfortable with the doctor mutilating herself to make money." she added, "If we can make enough that she doesn't need to do that, I think it would be better."

"Agreed," Carter said as he took a drink from his glass. "We can surely make money without the need of going to extremes, self-mutilation isn't something we're very keen on back home either." Carter said towards Thanica, he then looked at the bottle for a few seconds before changing subjects. "So I figure Yp should be getting familiar with the surroundings. I hope he can do his part without immediately going into a killing frenzy." Carter took another sip.

Sshalah put her pitcher down gently after a swig to look down upon Carter softly; "What do we know about this- Yp?" she asked. Having not had much contact with the being she knew very little about him.

"He's a maniac, no other way around it." Mihal interjected as he looked the ragon as best as he could, "The way he butchered that marine during the mutiny was barbaric."

Sshalah, who had not seen it for herself, and while a bit more narrowed eyed attempted to keep her soft tone, "The Marine was tasked with security of the ship, and keeping the prisoners such as you and I contained." She was a bit more chilled in tone now, "the Marine was surely seeking to fulfil that function and would have killed this Yp if able." she reserved herself from elaborating on that lest she get in a direct confrontation.

"There is a league of differences between simply killing a man quickly and cleanly and tearing their head off." Mihal stiffened as he spoke but resisted the urge to make a barbed remark towards the rRagon. "I understand that we may need to get our hands dirty to survive, but what he did was excessive."

Sshalah finished off the bottle of Raz'lak she had left from when Carter arrived and turned her gaze from Mihal.

Carter was left with an awkward look at the scene, not sure what to really say, indeed what Yp had done was violent and messy, sadistic even, he had showed himself to not be the most tactical and instead wanting to get immediately to the killing. Carter wasn't unfamiliar to that sentiment, to killing, Human engaged in it in various and creative ways so who was he to judge really, but Mihal and Sshalah both made fair points. "Well, indeed we know he's perhaps not the most stable of beings, but his skills are very useful for what we're going to do. So I hope Thanica's words got to him and he does his part well and there won’t be a need to tear off heads."

"To be honest I'd rather have someone I understand more doing the sneaky bit for me." Thanica volunteered after listening to the others talking about Yp. She didn't really get him, but she guessed there was a logic in his behaviour, even if she didn't really understand it, "But he's psychic and has eyes in the back of his head... which are both traits which make Yp perfect for the task. I get the impression he thinks collecting heads will elevate him to being a deity. It's a cultural thing. I think."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 01, 2019 12:33 pm

The Mess Hall (Part 3) - Mihal, Thanica, Sshlalah, Thanica and Carter (Co-written by Bingellia, Harbertia and Dyelli Beybi)

Where Mihal gives Thanica fashion advice.

Mihal once again took a mouthful of his drink, and set it down with a unnecessarily loud clank. "For the casino job, those not on security will likely need different clothes than what we have." Mihal turned his gaze on to Thanica, "We'll need to avoid anything that resembles military-looks apart from the security team if we want to hope blend in here." He turned again to the ragon at the table, "And that jumpsuit certainly won't fit for in whatever role you need to play." The lone Kiel paused for a drink as a smile crossed his face, "Thankfully for us, I still have the credits from a very helpful doner. So, how does a shopping trip sound?"

Thanica looked down at herself, adjusting her top slightly. She pouted at Mihal, "What's wrong with my outfit? I think its rather flattering. Actually.. more to the point, what do you think I should be wearing?"

Mihal rubbed the back of his neck. "No offense intended. I think it looks rather nice, but something dressier, while still looking roguish, would help with these disguises considering we'll be rubbing shoulders with crime lords."

Thanica considered that for a moment then gave a short laugh, "Alright, I'll be the first to admit I've never really had to try to impress anyone but troopers and Dhasath refugees, none of whom are sectors of society especially known for their sartorial elegance. I will trust your instincts."

Sshalah had been silent during this exchange, the frustration she had moments ago having dissipated gradually as Thanica and Mihal spoke to the point now that her look was, to her people at least, meek with curiosity. After Thanica made her statement about trusting Mihal's instincts she spoke to him, "What should I be wearing?" she asked interpreting his words as an offer to purchase garb for her. She was, in a way like Thanica was, curious.

Mihal chuckled as the Dhasath's deference, "I'm sure you can pull of most looks that would be acceptable to Kiellar, although I think you'll go without the Dhasath's traditional accessory; The slave collar." Mihal had to admit, it was a cheap shot, but they were talking about crossing a notorious crime lord. "It's entirely up to you in regards of a dress or a suit and colour, but I think a long, preferably dark coat might add some roguish charm to the look. And you can hopefully hide a protective vest underneath it." Mihal paused, his face tightening in a puzzled thought. "I'm not entirely keen as to what Ragon fashion entails. You are the first one I've ever actually met. A beaded gown might look nice, but I'm not entirely sure what role you are going to play in this scheme."

"I think Sshalah would be best acting like a random punter until something goes wrong." Thanica supplied, taking another sip at her drink, eyeing it thoughtfully as if considering swigging the whole lot back. She giggled slightly, leaning forward conspiratorially, "If things go wrong then she can join the shooting. Nobody would ever see that coming; a Ragon working with a Dhasath. It's too unusual not to exploit."

"That's smart. It keeps an ace up the sleeve." Mihal chuckled as he smiled, "Pun intended." The smile soon disappeared as Mihal's mind turned to darker thoughts, "Since I haven't been told yet, I am I going to be involved in away besides helping count the spoils after? I doubt I'll need a change of clothes, but it always helps to know."

"Well... I imagine if we go shopping together there's a pretty strong chance that people will realise, we're together. Want to accompany me to try to speak to this casino owner?" Thanica suggested, "If I'm doing something totally brutish you kick me under the table or something."

"I'll try not to gag when I meet him," Mihal offered his glass forward, "but I can do that. I'm sure I can pass of the gown as some kind of curtain or another"

"Alright..." Thanica suggested, swigging down the rest of her drink, "Might as well move out and get the plan started... if I end up getting kept as a slave or eaten I'm blaming all of you!"

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed May 01, 2019 4:25 pm

Though Olorisa wasn't entirely acquainted with Andromedan technology, her reprogramming had given her an innate understanding of the Destiny, or at least of its basic workings, and she was filling in the gaps quickly. Mastering the art of actually piloting the vessel would take some training, in a simulated environment of course. She was confident about it. It was a new, warm feeling, different from simply calculating the odds on something and finding them favorable. She liked it.

All the same, she still felt limited in a way. It was uncomfortable being blind, and without a camera system like that of the Destiny there was no remedy for this in sight. She wasn't sure why this bothered her so much; her purpose was to assist and protect her crew, and thus far not being able to see hadn't hindered her here at all. She was still adjusting to the mental independence her rework had inadvertently given her.

There was one possible solution. The Destiny had had hologram projectors that allowed her to walk around some of the ship and interact with the crew more personally. This by itself wasn't very useful, but her code did have programs for a more advanced system. The original idea was, instead of using projectors, to generate a self-sustaining, more physical hologram that could actually assist the crew with their tasks. Instead of relying on the ship's sensors, she'd be able to see, hear, and feel independently; in fact, it would contain her entire programming. Olorisa assumed this simply hadn't ended up being practical, and this was part of the truth, but it was also a side effect of her role in the mission being massively downgraded.

As she investigated this code that she hadn't paid much mind before, it seemed more and more useful. She wouldn't be able to lift a rifle, most likely, but she'd be able to help with repairs and similar tasks. Still, it troubled her that she mostly seemed to want this for her own enjoyment. She was not supposed to waste resources on that. She wasn't on the same level as the crew, she told herself, and she needed to stop wanting to be. Was that what she wanted? These thoughts confused her.

In the end, though, she decided to ask her new Captain about it. For all she knew, hologram technology wasn't anymore advanced here than on Earth. She didn't know where anyone was right now, though, so for now she'd have to go back to managing the ship's systems.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu May 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:Pleasure Haven
Hallways of Excess
[/align]

The Archelian slightly bowed as Vrondich approached her in the airlock, while the two warbots simply stared at the Kiel engineer as if he was the most suspicious thing in the universe. When she was asked for directions, the Archelian nodded and fluttered her Corel-made fur coat in the winds generated by the station’s artificial ventilation system. “It would be an honor, my good Kiellari sir.”, she said as she motioned for Vrondich to follow her. She would lead him to a white clean table, behind of which stood an insectoid alien of unknown name, at least for most. Besides the ten feet tall and twenty armed insectoid creature was a huge set of drawers, which extended all the way up to the ceiling, with twenty sets that lay horizontally and fifty sets in total towards the ceiling. It was obvious why he had this job.

“Lend this man a map to the station’s service areas, please.”, the Archelian said as she placed her gloved hand on the table. The employee behind the table would stand up, towering over everyone else as he muttered something under his breath. He opened one of the drawers with his uppermost right arm, and with the left equivalent, drew out a small holotablet, which projected all of the station’s service areas up to the fiftieth floor.

“The 51st to the 60th floor is the personal residence of the Grandmaster Azar Konkara, and only VIP members of the Pleasure Haven Club plus anyone he considers worthy to be in... his oh-so-glorious presence are allowed entrance. However, he does come down to the casino area to gamble with wealthy traders and, at a few occasions, other... lords of this realm.”, she said with apprehension. “Kralmon-Lokar just visited a while ago. Make sure none of you end up in his plate.”, she said as her mask lit up with a bright indigo, indicating sarcasm and poking fun. “Of course, as long as one has Konkara’s attention and isn’t very tasty, they are safe from the Flesh Master’s predatory gaze. Now, I have some business to attend to. Enjoy your stay, and don’t forget to pay on the automated teller machines whenever you do something.”, she went on as she walked away with her escort.

Vrondich looked down at the map, frowning at it thoughtfully. Suddenly he became aware that the Archelian was heading off, "Before you go..." he called quickly, taking a couple of steps in her direction, "And I apologise for not asking this straight away. As much as I prefer the recreational side of any business trip, there is business I need to attend to as well."

"Were I to need to buy ship equipment, where would I need to go?" he asked, "I appreciate it might not be this station, but it would be very convenient if I could do that in the same place, it would give me more time to spend on pleasurable activities." his eyes drifted away to follow one of the corset clad figures for a moment before snapping back to the Archelian.

He left time for a response before adding, "And finally, this Konkara? I'm assuming he wouldn't be a danger to the punters at the casino? That would be bad for business."

Finally, almost as an afterthought he added, "Who do you think would pay more for a Dhasath? Konkara or Kralmon-Lokar? Young-adult female, probably 50-something kilos. Purely a hypothetical question, of course."

It was oddly specific for a hypothetical question...
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri May 03, 2019 4:48 am

Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe
Pleasure Heaven

He took out from storage the outfit Kel'Resh normally wear, four metal circle now made a toga-like piece of clothing not fall off from Yp and so dressed he stepped on board the station. Knowing what he was supposed to do, he took a drink from one of the waiters and went into the casino where he gambled a little, not much, enough to make him blend in.

Y'Trh'dçy
Pleasure Heaven

No, he couldn't do anything there, not without some kind of translator, but knowing what the plan was, and how dangerous it was he decided to watch if anything will happen. He sat somewhere in the casino, watching everything that happened there.

Tyreh the Warrior
Pleasure Heaven

Pleasure Heaven. That was just the place for him, he took some credits and went through the airlock without much trouble. He quickly found himself in casino gambling his credits. A card there, a dice here and some luck and he will get some more credits. Alcohol was already going through his vein-like organs and reaching towards the brain

Krystyn Warecki
Pleasure Heaven

He knew he was never going home, he will never see Earth again if there was no hope for that, what was the point of doing anything... When he heard that they were docking at some kind of Pleasure Heaven he decided to go there only to get drunk as much as he could. After going through the airlock he quickly found himself before the bar drinking some kind of alcohol.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri May 03, 2019 5:59 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:Pleasure Haven
Hallways of Excess
[/align]

The Archelian slightly bowed as Vrondich approached her in the airlock, while the two warbots simply stared at the Kiel engineer as if he was the most suspicious thing in the universe. When she was asked for directions, the Archelian nodded and fluttered her Corel-made fur coat in the winds generated by the station’s artificial ventilation system. “It would be an honor, my good Kiellari sir.”, she said as she motioned for Vrondich to follow her. She would lead him to a white clean table, behind of which stood an insectoid alien of unknown name, at least for most. Besides the ten feet tall and twenty armed insectoid creature was a huge set of drawers, which extended all the way up to the ceiling, with twenty sets that lay horizontally and fifty sets in total towards the ceiling. It was obvious why he had this job.

“Lend this man a map to the station’s service areas, please.”, the Archelian said as she placed her gloved hand on the table. The employee behind the table would stand up, towering over everyone else as he muttered something under his breath. He opened one of the drawers with his uppermost right arm, and with the left equivalent, drew out a small holotablet, which projected all of the station’s service areas up to the fiftieth floor.

“The 51st to the 60th floor is the personal residence of the Grandmaster Azar Konkara, and only VIP members of the Pleasure Haven Club plus anyone he considers worthy to be in... his oh-so-glorious presence are allowed entrance. However, he does come down to the casino area to gamble with wealthy traders and, at a few occasions, other... lords of this realm.”, she said with apprehension. “Kralmon-Lokar just visited a while ago. Make sure none of you end up in his plate.”, she said as her mask lit up with a bright indigo, indicating sarcasm and poking fun. “Of course, as long as one has Konkara’s attention and isn’t very tasty, they are safe from the Flesh Master’s predatory gaze. Now, I have some business to attend to. Enjoy your stay, and don’t forget to pay on the automated teller machines whenever you do something.”, she went on as she walked away with her escort.

Vrondich looked down at the map, frowning at it thoughtfully. Suddenly he became aware that the Archelian was heading off, "Before you go..." he called quickly, taking a couple of steps in her direction, "And I apologise for not asking this straight away. As much as I prefer the recreational side of any business trip, there is business I need to attend to as well."

"Were I to need to buy ship equipment, where would I need to go?" he asked, "I appreciate it might not be this station, but it would be very convenient if I could do that in the same place, it would give me more time to spend on pleasurable activities." his eyes drifted away to follow one of the corset clad figures for a moment before snapping back to the Archelian.

He left time for a response before adding, "And finally, this Konkara? I'm assuming he wouldn't be a danger to the punters at the casino? That would be bad for business."

Finally, almost as an afterthought he added, "Who do you think would pay more for a Dhasath? Konkara or Kralmon-Lokar? Young-adult female, probably 50-something kilos. Purely a hypothetical question, of course."

It was oddly specific for a hypothetical question...

Pleasure Haven
The Heist is Near

The Archelian cocked her head to the left at the Kiellar engineer’s questions. “Ehem...”, she chuckled a little bit as she heard the questions that Vrondich offered to her. “That is a peculiar question that is being directed to someone who isn’t really an administrator in Archelia, but I’ll do my best.”, she said as she turned towards the clear walls that allowed a full view of Archelia and the massive Drive Yards that surrounded the planet. “If you want ship parts, the best ones are in there.”, she said, pointing towards the gigantic array that was the Archelian Drive Yards far off in the distance, which was flanked by a great number of stations that looked like a sporadic swarm of gnats that surrounded one huge creature of metal and circuitry. “There are parts being sold in the wing west of the dockyards of the stations, but those are mostly surpluses from the Drive Yards that aren’t state of the art and are quite inferior, and when there are good ones, they can cost somewhere between... uhm...”, she trailed off as she wandered in her thoughts. “I believe that something like a turbolaser battery or a propulsion system for a corvette costs around 50,000 credits. However...”, she went on as she pointed towards the spire that was the top nine floors of the station, which comprised Konkara’s personal residence. “Whoever defeats Grandmaster Konkara in a game of Savak will gain three state of the art ship parts of the winner’s choice and credits. Problem is... only two people have ever beaten him in the seven decades that he has ruled this station, though only six have tried. First was that sentient machine 1-467, and then a Jokari female. I think her name was Solenza.”

She laughed at Vrondich’s second question. “Ah, yes, of course not. Unless if anyone else threatens him, his guardian robots won’t move an inch except to keep in pace with his walking. Grandmaster Konkara is benevolent if not... you know what.”

At Vrondich’s final afterthought, the Archelian almost fell to the floor in laughter. “AHAHA, Dhasath. Those are so dead.”, she mused. “I have never seen them in person, but Kralmon-Lokar claims to have eaten at least three over the course of twenty years. He said on a high stakes table here that their taste was sumptous and sweet, and that it induced him into a state of euphoria for at least a month. That made the Grandmaster water his mouth, and ever since, he desired to get his hands on one, though not as food. Why do you ask though? Do you have Dhasath with you? In that case, if both of them get wind of that, they will keep raising their stakes to outdo the other.”, she said as she raised her hands above her head. “The cap might be at 400,000 though, not counting the ship parts they’ll be putting on stake.”

Elsewhere

Endem wrote:
Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe
Pleasure Heaven

He took out from storage the outfit Kel'Resh normally wear, four metal circle now made a toga-like piece of clothing not fall off from Yp and so dressed he stepped on board the station. Knowing what he was supposed to do, he took a drink from one of the waiters and went into the casino where he gambled a little, not much, enough to make him blend in.

Y'Trh'dçy
Pleasure Heaven

No, he couldn't do anything there, not without some kind of translator, but knowing what the plan was, and how dangerous it was he decided to watch if anything will happen. He sat somewhere in the casino, watching everything that happened there.

Tyreh the Warrior
Pleasure Heaven

Pleasure Heaven. That was just the place for him, he took some credits and went through the airlock without much trouble. He quickly found himself in casino gambling his credits. A card there, a dice here and some luck and he will get some more credits. Alcohol was already going through his vein-like organs and reaching towards the brain

Krystyn Warecki
Pleasure Heaven

He knew he was never going home, he will never see Earth again if there was no hope for that, what was the point of doing anything... When he heard that they were docking at some kind of Pleasure Heaven he decided to go there only to get drunk as much as he could. After going through the airlock he quickly found himself before the bar drinking some kind of alcohol.

At this point, most of the denizens of the Defiance were ignored as they were just another bunch of unruly individuals in a crowd of perverts, aristocrats, and the like. However, Krystyn looked like a Dhasath, and those who weren’t keen at their sense of smell would look at him with... hungry eyes.

By this point, Yare-Lokem had donned a hood over her drakonid head, complete with a black coat compatible for her species that she brought from a certain retail store. She made sure to check out what it was made of, and fortunately, it was made from some wild animal in the ice capped mountains of Akaron’s surface. There were several other Sarufi in here, and the one who rented the stall of said retail store made sure to accomodate any potential species by using a matter rearranger, which could configure clothing items to however many holes and whatnot that were required. Kaleso also bought his own; he in turn took a silver coat, and silver was the color of the livery of the Jokarun. Together, they looked around... and saw the human, alone.

“Crap.”, the Sarufi said in a whisper.

“Someone might mistake him for a Dhasath and grab him, I guess?”, the Jokari said, almost unconcerned.

“Snap out of that. He’s a friend of the captain.”, Yare growled as she motioned to get closer to Krystyn. “Don’t let anyone put their hands on him. Not all species have a good sense of smell.”

“Wh... why should I?”

I am the one who’s asking. Now, as a good friend, you will do as I say, hmm?”

“Ah, fine. Whatever.”

They moved near the drunken human, watching out for anyone that might have some bad intentions... but then, a splash of red and white appeared on Yare’s visor.

“Oh... here he is.”, Yare whispered to Kaleso.

“Who?”

“Kralmon-Lokar.”
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Fri May 03, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri May 03, 2019 11:27 am

Korhal IVV wrote:The Archelian cocked her head to the left at the Kiellar engineer’s questions. “Ehem...”, she chuckled a little bit as she heard the questions that Vrondich offered to her. “That is a peculiar question that is being directed to someone who isn’t really an administrator in Archelia, but I’ll do my best.”, she said as she turned towards the clear walls that allowed a full view of Archelia and the massive Drive Yards that surrounded the planet. “If you want ship parts, the best ones are in there.”, she said, pointing towards the gigantic array that was the Archelian Drive Yards far off in the distance, which was flanked by a great number of stations that looked like a sporadic swarm of gnats that surrounded one huge creature of metal and circuitry. “There are parts being sold in the wing west of the dockyards of the stations, but those are mostly surpluses from the Drive Yards that aren’t state of the art and are quite inferior, and when there are good ones, they can cost somewhere between... uhm...”, she trailed off as she wandered in her thoughts. “I believe that something like a turbolaser battery or a propulsion system for a corvette costs around 50,000 credits. However...”, she went on as she pointed towards the spire that was the top nine floors of the station, which comprised Konkara’s personal residence. “Whoever defeats Grandmaster Konkara in a game of Savak will gain three state of the art ship parts of the winner’s choice and credits. Problem is... only two people have ever beaten him in the seven decades that he has ruled this station, though only six have tried. First was that sentient machine 1-467, and then a Jokari female. I think her name was Solenza.”

She laughed at Vrondich’s second question. “Ah, yes, of course not. Unless if anyone else threatens him, his guardian robots won’t move an inch except to keep in pace with his walking. Grandmaster Konkara is benevolent if not... you know what.”

At Vrondich’s final afterthought, the Archelian almost fell to the floor in laughter. “AHAHA, Dhasath. Those are so dead.”, she mused. “I have never seen them in person, but Kralmon-Lokar claims to have eaten at least three over the course of twenty years. He said on a high stakes table here that their taste was sumptous and sweet, and that it induced him into a state of euphoria for at least a month. That made the Grandmaster water his mouth, and ever since, he desired to get his hands on one, though not as food. Why do you ask though? Do you have Dhasath with you? In that case, if both of them get wind of that, they will keep raising their stakes to outdo the other.”, she said as she raised her hands above her head. “The cap might be at 400,000 though, not counting the ship parts they’ll be putting on stake.”

"We are an... unusual ship." Vrondich shrugged, "There are a number of creatures known as 'hue-eh-mans', or something like that, which look like Dhasath, although I have been assured that their scent is quite different and nowhere near as appealing. It is not my belief that they would be anywhere near as tasty to those who are partial to Dhasath product. However, amongst the pyrite, there is a gold nugget on our ship."

"But first." he held up a hand, indicating he would come back to the Dhasath question once he had resolved another question, "This game of Savak for parts. If a person were to challenge the Grandmaster and lose, what would be Grandmaster gain?"

Vrondich played Savak, he was good at Savak, but at the end of the day it contained an element of chance. Only losing twice in 70 years sounded a lot like the Grandmaster had his own system of cheating.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri May 03, 2019 2:24 pm

Dr. Āihēemlái "Amlai" Āigàm Ǒonhētváihěeāivǎakàe, M.D.
Pleasure Haven, Hallways of Excess

When we arrived at Pleasure Haven, as it was known, I was struck by the decadence of the place. If one imagined the Kiellar as the indulgent sort, then this place was a monument of gluttony if ever there was one. It was frankly surprising that such a hive criminals possessed such decorated halls, although it occurred to me that morality and profit generally displayed inverse correlation—reconciling the idea of criminals as destitute with the lustrousness before me in an instant.

Before I departed the ship, I was certain to lock the medbay and my room alike, as I certainly did not trust those aboard the ship to keep out of my more sensitive affairs and mind their business. They always seemed to be scavenging, and I had no need of them uncovering my private collections. I was tempted to strike out on my own to see if I could purchase any exotic beings for processing, but I resolved that doing so would not have been a wise decision based on my surroundings, and the fact that there may have yet been some aboard the ship.

I resolved to follow Vrondich, arguably the safest choice given the circumstances. I wasn’t entirely certain of the plan, so I assumed if he needed something to bargain with, her could perhaps get some of my ink or a tentacle of mine on the playing field as a starter. I did not speak as I took in my surroundings. We already knew the price for what I had to offer, if it were necessary, so all that was necessary was for Vrondich to figure out the details.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat May 04, 2019 10:27 am

Vrondich - the Promenade

The Archelian looked at Vrondich incredulously at first before retaking her composure. “Ah, I see. So, basically Kiellar with stubby ears, I guess?”, she said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Short Kiellar with stubby ears." Vrondich agreed, pretending not to notice the incredulity.

At his second question, she almost giggled. “Aha, that is quite the best part.”, she went on before drawing her fingers, tracing Vrondich’s shape. “Whatever you betted on the table will his, and maybe you as well.”, she said, her mask barely containing the fits and giggles from within. “You better win the third if you don’t want to be a pimp or something...”

Vrondich looked back blankly, "I fail to see the down side. So if I win I get some valuable stuff, if I lose I get a job working with a whole legion of lovely ladies rather than on a pirate ship full of homicidal maniacs?" he paused thoughtfully as if considering a last-minute change to the plan, "I think this is more of a job for our young Dhasath though. If she screws up, which she probably will, tell your boss I helped set this up and that I'm in the job market."

"Oh, no, you wouldn't want to lose.", the Archelian laughed out so loudly that some of the people in the hallway turned towards her, though her two metallic escorts did not move an inch. "One who loses to Konkara will be his personal plaything. It may or may not entail working with a legion of women, but losers to the Grandmaster do not tend to enjoy his company." It was obvious what she was implying. The Grandmaster wasn't discriminatory when it came to personal slaves, but it can be guaranteed that it isn't the best of experiences. "Jokarun like experimenting on things because they are smart, at least in the scientific sense. Kralmon-Lokar may at times pay him a visit while taking tidbits of... people." When Vrondich followed up, the Archelian's mask glowed yellow. "Very well, I will see to that if things go that way."

Thanica Vari - elsewhere on the Promenade

While Vrondich had the welcoming committee distracted, which he hadn't been told to do and which made Thanica somewhat suspicious, she slipped off the ship with Carter and Mihal, making a bee line for the shopping district. Like Krystyn, Thanica hadn't done anything to disguise her species, openly courting the stares of those who might seek to do her harm. Under other circumstances she might not have, but today she wanted to draw attention... though she made sure to keep one hand close to her holster, just in case someone tried something funny. For those with the sense of smell to detect these things, there was no doubt she was the real deal.

"What do you think Mihal?" she asked as they approached the clothing shops, "I could go with something more conservative, more Kiellar, or I'm sure I can find some clothing that would look more like traditional Dhasath wear. You know, the old tunic and sandals that lace up to mid shin?" she suggested. To Carter it would probably bring up images of the ancient Mediterranean civilisations on earth, "I'm thinking of something with a low neckline and no jewellery. Emphasises the fact that I am nobody's property by making it abundantly clear I'm not wearing the ... how did you put it? Traditional Dhasath accessory?"

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Sat May 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Vrondich - the Promenade

The Archelian looked at Vrondich incredulously at first before retaking her composure. “Ah, I see. So, basically Kiellar with stubby ears, I guess?”, she said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Short Kiellar with stubby ears." Vrondich agreed, pretending not to notice the incredulity.

At his second question, she almost giggled. “Aha, that is quite the best part.”, she went on before drawing her fingers, tracing Vrondich’s shape. “Whatever you betted on the table will his, and maybe you as well.”, she said, her mask barely containing the fits and giggles from within. “You better win the third if you don’t want to be a pimp or something...”

Vrondich looked back blankly, "I fail to see the down side. So if I win I get some valuable stuff, if I lose I get a job working with a whole legion of lovely ladies rather than on a pirate ship full of homicidal maniacs?" he paused thoughtfully as if considering a last-minute change to the plan, "I think this is more of a job for our young Dhasath though. If she screws up, which she probably will, tell your boss I helped set this up and that I'm in the job market."

"Oh, no, you wouldn't want to lose.", the Archelian laughed out so loudly that some of the people in the hallway turned towards her, though her two metallic escorts did not move an inch. "One who loses to Konkara will be his personal plaything. It may or may not entail working with a legion of women, but losers to the Grandmaster do not tend to enjoy his company." It was obvious what she was implying. The Grandmaster wasn't discriminatory when it came to personal slaves, but it can be guaranteed that it isn't the best of experiences. "Jokarun like experimenting on things because they are smart, at least in the scientific sense. Kralmon-Lokar may at times pay him a visit while taking tidbits of... people." When Vrondich followed up, the Archelian's mask glowed yellow. "Very well, I will see to that if things go that way."

Thanica Vari - elsewhere on the Promenade

While Vrondich had the welcoming committee distracted, which he hadn't been told to do and which made Thanica somewhat suspicious, she slipped off the ship with Carter and Mihal, making a bee line for the shopping district. Like Krystyn, Thanica hadn't done anything to disguise her species, openly courting the stares of those who might seek to do her harm. Under other circumstances she might not have, but today she wanted to draw attention... though she made sure to keep one hand close to her holster, just in case someone tried something funny. For those with the sense of smell to detect these things, there was no doubt she was the real deal.

"What do you think Mihal?" she asked as they approached the clothing shops, "I could go with something more conservative, more Kiellar, or I'm sure I can find some clothing that would look more like traditional Dhasath wear. You know, the old tunic and sandals that lace up to mid shin?" she suggested. To Carter it would probably bring up images of the ancient Mediterranean civilisations on earth, "I'm thinking of something with a low neckline and no jewellery. Emphasises the fact that I am nobody's property by making it abundantly clear I'm not wearing the ... how did you put it? Traditional Dhasath accessory?"

Nothing, Mihal thought, embodied hedonism more then long winding hallways emblazoned in bright digital light advertising anything under the sun. The Pleasure Haven did not lack in this regard, as it seemed even the surrounding space with the bright blues and pinks of the nearby nebula seemed to melt together sensually. Like his commander, the Kiel was armed with a blaster concealed in a makeshift holster under his jacket. With strangers assuming the presence of two Kiel and a Dhasath, Mihal was acutely aware of the target on their backs.

"Yeah, avoiding looking like that particular class is a very good idea." Mihal chucked as the group approached the door, "Well, I suppose a good commander is enslaved to her ship, so it just might fit. Of course," He laughed again, "You're not trying to look like a goodcommander here." He paused for a minute, trying to picture her in a museum piece. "A more traditional look may come off as exotic, which probably isn't a bad thing if you don't mind the attention. Own the look, which I have no doubt in my mind you can do, and you'll keep everyone's eyes on you instead of their cards. Be as flamboyant as you need, Thanica. Kiellar sensibilities do not apply here."
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat May 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Captain Nathan Taylor Carter
Shopping District, Pleasure Heaven.

This place was strange, so bright and elegant, with bright neon colors everywhere one could turn to face. Signs with varying offers, and advertisements adorned the walls of the promenade, bright mixtures of orange, blue, and purple lights shined as Carter walked behind Thanica and Mihal. As they walked past the different shops, Carter would notice the different aliens of varying appearance and attitude constantly looking at Thanica with curious and even mischievous eyes.

Though he was no expert, in his little time he’d been in this new galaxy Carter had learned just enough to understand the precarious position that Thanica was in as a Dhasath in a place like this. For him however there was little to be worried about, with his bulky Command Marine armor and helmet covering his face along with his scent being different from that of Thanica’s. The human walked calmly behind the Kiellar and Dhasath, hand near his holster and a blaster rifle strapped to his back, he looked like a proper mercenary of the Neutral Zone would look and he knew he had to keep appearances and not let anyone know he looked exactly like a Dhasath.

Though he kept a rough and composed look outside, from within himself Carter was more than nervous, he was nearly terrified and shocked by the many things he was seeing and the thought of what they would get into. He didn’t want to die, he didn’t want anyone to die and being in this new setting was completely alien to him and set him out of his element, part of him was unsure he’d be able to keep his cool under so much pressure even if that was what he had always been good at. Despite these worries Carter felt more confident with Thanica as his guide in this world and Mihal as their companion as well as the many other “members” of the ships new crew.

Something was still itching his brain however, he had seen Krystyn back at the ship for the last time before they left but for all he knew he could’ve wandered out into a completely unknown world. This was worrisome since he was not aware of his position as someone that looked just like a Dhasath, Carter prayed that he’d be fine and his scent would save him from any problem, he couldn’t watch over him forever, he needed to slowly but surely take it all in if both of them were to someday get home.

The trio soon stopped by what seemed to be a clothing shop.

“Since I figure Mihal is the expert here, I’d say he’d know.” Carter commented, his voice muffled a bit by his helmet which made it sound electronic like. This was at least something he was sadly all too familiar with, shopping, back on Earth he’d had to deal with it when his mother did it, his sisters, and the girlfriends he’d had, he was not about to deal with it again, especially in a place like this.

“I’ll be outside here, if you need me just call me on the comms or give me a holler.” Carter said as he walked off to set himself on a wall near the entrance door, one hand near his holster while the other on his chestpiece, he whistled as he got odd looks by several passersbys.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Sat May 04, 2019 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat May 04, 2019 2:37 pm

The Ragon, Sshalah emerged from the ship latter, after the Doctor, Cater, Thanica, and Mihal had departed. Attempting to appear casual and walking in the opposite direction from the ship. She looked down at her tight suit with dissatisfaction tugging on it a bit as she walked with a look of frustration. Eventually she ended up being near them regardless. As on the ship she wasn't getting the reactions she had thought she would from others. The Promenade had various store fronts to visit, so she entered one- lower her head to get through the entrance- insects, mammals- various species and smells. She still had a cross look on her face as she browsed around the place she had entered. The shelves where lower then she- and she could look across the whole store from the front. Columns of steel with curved leafed beams supported the roof of this place with various garb on display and several forms posed in outfits. Sshalah moved past the shelves- heading for the counter- the sounds of mechanical devices on the ceiling where easy for her to hear- but it all looked like a chaotic movement of beings. She then altered her course reading the signs for indications of a very large sized section - she hadn't been in many of these places- her uncle tried to teach her about the sizes used in them and while uncertain she was guessing she was 12XL. If she was incorrect she could just try on other material. Anything better then what she was wearing.

She grabbed a crossed tunic, a few ponchos, tunics, skirts, shorts, chains- and found the changing room with three mirrors, a dais, foot rests. After entering she- found difficulty removing her suit- it was tight- which like the prison wear was her complaint. Pulling it off her left leg she grabbed one of the ponchos with her tail- it was black- broad- and too small. So she tried another- red with white adjusters around the neck. She was able to get her head in but only her shoulders where covered and that made her look like a comedy entertainer, the red made her blue more noticeable but she need something longer. So she tried on a grey one, before determining that the neck was too much like a collar and she really wanted to rid herself of the feeling of restraint from the suit she had been wearing. Even a Ragon could feel oppressed by labor and the prison suit had only heightened existing feelings. Despite having taken more ponchos from the displays she abandoned trying them on to focus on other wear- the skirts- did not work out so well. She realized she'd have to get inventive with what she was purchasing.

At the time all the stuff she had gathered seemed like a good idea but now that she was actually trying them on they where not feeling right. But she waited for a while in that room as if changing, thinking about somewhere to actually get something that would work on her. By that time others must have traveled a distance- at least she assumed they would have. They could have been in the store for all she knew and in such case she'd have to avoid them. What she wanted to wear was not entirely cloth, and could not be found here. Putting her suit back on, returning the clothes to the changing attendant and then leaving she began looking for armor merchants- but the goods where mostly not for her kind. Leaning against one of the columns in the Promenade she crossed her arms pondering what to wear. She wanted her torso bare- especially her neck- some weight about her feet and arms. She chuckled as soon as she realized it was because she still wanted to dress like a pirate. Few creatures came close to her size, so she stood out, leaning against the column as if waiting for someone. She could come up with reasons for her uncertainty on what to wear, and her desire to dress as a pirate- but it all came to one thing- she was alien here. That had been one of the thrills before her arrest- traveling for the first time beyond the Ragon Empire- but now- it was different- no longer wander but concern.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun May 05, 2019 12:34 am

Thanica and Vrondich

Bingellia wrote:"Yeah, avoiding looking like that particular class is a very good idea." Mihal chucked as the group approached the door, "Well, I suppose a good commander is enslaved to her ship, so it just might fit. Of course," He laughed again, "You're not trying to look like a good commander here." He paused for a minute, trying to picture her in a museum piece. "A more traditional look may come off as exotic, which probably isn't a bad thing if you don't mind the attention. Own the look, which I have no doubt in my mind you can do, and you'll keep everyone's eyes on you instead of their cards. Be as flamboyant as you need, Thanica. Kiellar sensibilities do not apply here."

"I can do exotic." Thanica gave a short laugh, "Or at least 'different'... come."

Probably unlike many of the people Carter had been shopping with on earth, Thanica was pretty decisive about what she wanted, though it wasn't the easiest to find what she was looking for. Had she decided to go for something a bit more generic, it would have been faster, but Thanica was going for a look that was straight out of the pages of a Kiellar history book. Eventually though, she found what she wanted and dragged Mihal over to the fitting rooms.

She emerged after a couple of minutes, looking a lot less like a ship's crew member. She had found a black, short sleeved, v-neck tunic which she had belted at the waist (where she had also hung her blaster and a rather large dagger she must have had hidden on her somewhere). The tunic fell to mid-thigh and she had swapped her boots for sandals, the straps of which came up to just under her knees. As she had suggested earlier, there wasn't a trace of jewellery on her, nothing that could have been mistaken for something which marked her as anybody's property. The ensemble had quite a summery look to it, made a lot more martial through the obvious display of weapons. She did a twirl for Mihal's benefit, "Well?" she asked, "What do you think?"

She had quite clearly modelled the look off pictures of League dignitaries from the wars with the Kiellar. The fashion amongst the Dhasath of the time had been towards fairly simple clothing when they weren't wearing some form of protective gear.

Meanwhile outside, Vrondich, who had been looking for other members of the crew had spotted Carter across the heads of the people thronging around on the promenade. He sidled over to him, offering Carter food from a small white bag. He didn't explain what it was though. Some kind of nut? Meat balls? Sweets? It was hard to tell. "Captain." he greeted Carter, "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is this plan is going to be a lot less complicated than we thought. The 'Grandmaster'..." he said the word with an ever-so-slightly mocking tone, "... apparently runs a Savak game where the winners get to take away a whole lot of ship parts. The bad news is apparently he's only lost twice in the last seventy years. Savak is a game of chance as much as skill, so he's definitely cheating. Losers end up getting enslaved."

He glanced around, presumably looking for Thanica, then shrugged, "Anyway, this means that any one of us could, theoretically, be the one who plays the game. There is no need to leverage our Commander's value. I'm a Savak player, but I'm not going to volunteer." he added firmly, "I am sure that we will acquire these parts one way or another, even if we don't get them this way, and you'll need me to install them."

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Sun May 05, 2019 2:44 am

Sho'chavuk

A great ruckus seemed to be going on outside, and the entire ship trembled, though not violently. Sho'chavuk opened his eyes slightly to the dimly lit hallway in front of the vent and raised his head an inch. "What.." he yawned, "Seems to be going on?" he asked himself as he dragged himself out of the vent. He stood just outside of it for a few seconds, all four feet on the ground and scratching behind his ears. Thinking it'd be best if he saw what was happening, he looks for a viewport and, upon seeing one nearby, goes up to it. "Hrmph." he goes, having to pull himself up by its metallic rimwork.

Outside was some kind of platform with several structures embedded into it. Above that were many vessels of different sizes hovering lazily by. It seemed they were at a station of some sort. But what was it's name? Sho tried to remember, but realized that he'd failed to ask the Captain where they were going. "Ah, well. I guess I now have the burden of finding out myself." he mumbles, his words coming out a bit strange as he had pressed his face against the reinforced glass.

Pushing himself off the viewport, Sho'chavuk first looks both ways down the hall. He hears noise coming from the right, and so goes that way. Ahead he saw that the crew were disembarking. The opening they were all heading towards was producing far more smells and sounds that fascinated Sho. His tail began to sweep across the floor in an excited matter. "That. Is the scent of sustenance!" he jumped up and down joyously, only to come to an abrupt stop. There was a troubled look on his face. He patted the pockets in his bodysuit, but found nothing.

"A-ah. It appears the Captain has forgotten to supply me with funds." he says thoughtfully with an odd smile. "Oh well, I will have to find my own then."

So Sho'chavuk went to the lower decks where he found in the storage a number of useless-looking things. He also went through the prisoners' belongings and did his best to determine who owned them before deciding he could take them. Right after, he made sure to cover his tracks. Then he found himself a bag and made for the gangway to this new place. He walked past Vrondich and the local welcoming party with a sizable sack draped over his right shoulder. He looked notably proud and excited as he disappeared into the crowds of the Pleasure Haven.

Not soon after, Sho'chavuk found himself in the shopping district. This is where all the noise and tempting scents were emanating from, and they almost overwhelmed him, but he kept his cool and tried to take things slowly as he could. First he visited a pawning shop, and later dejectedly walked out with much less than he'd hoped. That wasn't going to stop him having fun though, and the small amount of credits he'd gained were soon spent on delicious, exotic morsels found across the district. Seemingly unaware of the inevitable, Sho'chavuk bought and bought until he paused to think, and he remembered..

"A-ah. Hm. I was supposed to buy new garments. But I forgot." he felt around in his pocket to see how much he had left. Seeing he had no more, he frowned. "How unfortunate. It seems I have run dry." The Tz'ath huffed, gave a slight shrug, and wandered off again. This time however, he was looking at people passing by. He kept at this for a while until a valuable looking thing caught his eye. It was an iridescent circlet, sitting daintily atop a rotund alien's head. She herself was sitting in a large, open litter carried by miserable looking hexapods. Sho'chavuk's attention was now focused on her, and he decided to follow.

As her little procession carried on slowly, Sho'chavuk tailed them until the large round creature let out a shriek of excitement. She had seen something she liked, and frantically whacked the hexapods' heads, causing them to stop rather clumsily. A small worm-like alien then hopped out of the litter and began speaking to the shopkeep. At that point the round alien began arguing. Sho'chavuk heard something about overpriced goods, but that wasn't his concern. He watched from under a long counter surrounded by tall round seats. Narrowing his eyes slightly, a wide grin spread across his face.

"Kekekeke. Here I go." Sho sniggered to himself, and shot out from under the counter. Slinking towards the resting litter, he weaved through the crowd and before reaching it, jumped up onto a nearby sign. Seconds later he dropped quietly on top of the wheelless carriage, peeking down at the haggling worm from its eaves. A minute passed before Sho'chavuk could ease himself out while the alien lady was distracted. He was just about to reach down, but was forced to retreat when she let out another shriek, flaps of skin and whatever else vibrating as she reeled in horror at the prices. Sho'chavuk grumbled in annoyance.

Wrapping his tail around one of the roof's prongs this time, he tried again, making certain that the carriage's posts hid his form as he nicked the circlet. Once it was in his hands, he swiftly slid back up onto the roof. "Excellent." he giggled with joy as he beheld the shiny object in his hands. How effortless, that was. The poor creature didn't even feel it leave her head! He thought as he took it in his mouth, jumping onto the nearest elevated platform.

About two minutes later, when Sho'chavuk was almost at the pawning shop, he heard a very distinct shriek. Now she notices. Ha! Sho'chavuk thought disdainfully as he hopped along, careful not to bite too hard on the circlet.

As he went merrily on his way, Sho'chavuk was incontinently stopped. A large, horned creature had grabbed him by the tail, causing him to yelp. Thankfully he was able to keep the circlet tightly in between his jaws. Suddenly feeling great annoyance at being suspended in this manner, he struggled, reaching up to claw at the large creature's rough skin. That forced it to drop him and grab its bleeding hand. Sho'chavuk took to all fours now, tail pointed straight up in the air as he faced his attackers. But instead of the large alien, there was now a tall lanky one approaching him.

"Hello, little creature." he said, his voice low and raspy. "What have you got there?" he continued to ask, leaning forward. In Sho's mind he look like a tree snapped in two.

In reply, he threw his head back with an open mouth, launching the circlet into the air and then catching and swallowing it. "None of your business for certain, meddling fool. Now go, leave me." he snapped.

The tall alien suddenly straightened and burst out in laughter. "Now, now. Why so hostile? I asked you a simple question did I not?"

Sho'chavuk scoffed. "Well, I have no words for you. Now leave me be or I will snap you like the twig you are!"

Though clearly shocked, the alien laughed again. He wiped tears from his four eyes before addressing Sho once again. "Truly bold words for one your size, little creature. You know what? Never mind my question. I'll just let you in on a little secret instead." he leaned forwards again, causing Sho to move back and growl loudly, much to the his amusement. "Just now, the Crown Princess of Raambothan lost her precious crown. And it happens to look just like the one you just swallowed."

Sho'chavuk almost gulped, but he remembered he was holding the circlet just above his gullet. He was going to be in trouble with the Captain for sure. Now without choice, he stands upright and dusts himself off. "Who are you? And what do you want?" he asked rather hotly.

"Well, little creature. I want that crown you've got. See, I'm a collector of fine things, and I've been after it for a few years now. Somehow you managed to take it before I did. And I like that." he said genuinely. "While I overestimated the Crown Princess and planned excessively, you just swooped in like a deathsinger and succeeded. You have my respect. So.. I will give you an offer."

Hearing this, Sho'chavuk's eyes lit up. "Go on..?"

"I will give you the value of that crown.. If you relinquish it to me." the tall alien said, snapping his fingers. Another large alien, almost identical to the one Sho had injured stepped forward. There was a sturdy looking box in his hands. The tall alien took it and showed Sho what was inside. "4,000 credits. For the crown."

Sho just stood there mesmerized, but he snapped out of it. "How can I be certain you're not lying about its value?" he asks, eyeing the tall creature suspiciously. Surely the crown had to cost more?

"Well, though it is a crown, it's not worth much. Anyway, I don't intend to sell it. I only plan to keep it in a beautiful case where I can gaze upon it." he explained, seeming sincere. Very sincere indeed.

And long story short, Sho'chavuk surrendered the crown and took the 4,000 credits, letting the tall alien keep the box. He was now walking around with the amount in the sack over his shoulder. He was clearly relieved that his luck had saved him once again. He thought for sure that he would be in trouble. But, all's well that ends well, he thought, exploring the district further. At some point, he spotted Thanica with someone he had not yet met. They walked into a shop.

"Ah! How fortuitous! I shall now give her spoils!" Sho'chavuk swelled with pride and started to approach, but thought against it. He needed a disguise...

Moments later, a small creature wearing a sack trundled over to Thanica. Something was hanging off the back of it. Very clearly, it was Sho'chavuk, but he seemed convinced by his disguise, and so thought it would fool everyone. Anyways, the sack-wearing creature reached out, having trouble forming fingers as it tugged at Thanica's clothing. "Dhasath." it spoke in a hissy voice, almost choking as it forced the sounds out of its throat. "You have been visited by the spirit of good will." it seemed to rummage around within itself before a furry limb came out from under the bottom of the sack, holding up a thousand-and-seventeen credits in a messy pile. "Here, take this blessing." it said, and without another word, started going out of the shop. It tripped once before making it out.

Having succeeded in delivering the spoils without drawing suspicion, Sho'chavuk stepped out of the sack, humming happily to himself in a dark passageway. "Right, right. Now I shall take my own share!" he crouched over the sack and counted. There was still much left. And with it, he purchased many snacks, fluids, two different thermoblades, a harness for the weapons, and fitting raiments for himself. After that he decided to make his way back to the ship, but noticed a very familiar smell. Suddenly he felt a tingle travel down his spine. "Prooma." he hissed to himself and followed the sweet odor.

In a little stall nestled between two large, beautifully engineered buildings, Sho'chavuk burst through the door and yelled, "WHERE'S THE PROOMA?" startling the very sleepy looking occupants momentarily. Then out of nowhere, a thin, cloaked insectoid appeared and beckoned him over, clicking rhythmically. As Sho'chavuk walked over to her he trembled, watching with dilated pupils as she reached under her table and produced a satchel.

"500 credits. No more, no less." she whispered between clicks.

Sho'chavuk had never counted money so quickly 'til this moment, and he slapped it onto the tabletop. His left eye was twitching. "Prooooooma." he said, his voice trailing off.

The insectoid pushed the satchel across the table with one hand as her others gathered the funds. "It is yours. Thank you for your business, Tz'ath." And she disappeared under the table once again.

Sho took the satchel and placed it in his pocket before walking out. He was itching to get a better whiff of it. Prooma was a sort of leaf from back home, likely smuggled here by Tz'aths or Ragons. It had strange effects on the Tz'aths, who enjoyed smelling them and rubbing them all over their fur. Normally, they made Tz'aths sleepy and relaxed, but for Sho it was different. He felt more lively, and noted that he had 1,483 credits left as he hurried towards the ship.

He was so close now, when he heard someone calling passers-by about his shop of oddities, big and small. Oddities? I like oddities, yes. Sho'chavuk stopped to glance. He ground his teeth again as looked from the ship back at the alien. "I must.. Resist! Must.. Aw, confound it all, here I go!"

Sho'chavuk stepped into the old alien's cozy little shop. The creature looked small and frail, and gave Sho a weird urge to kick him over and watch him try to stand up. But he didn't do that. He was here for oddities, and that was definitely what he got. The entire room was filled to the ceiling with strange things from all across the universe.

"Greetings, honored friend. Welcome to my humble stall. Please, please," he said, making a wide circle with his shaky arms, "look around. Tell me if you see anything you like."

And look Sho did. He had a sackful of things already, but.. Oddities. That was all that was on his mind apart from the smell of prooma. Then he finally noticed something that interested him. Something that smelled rather delicious. It was an egg-like thing, sat on a cushion in a glass case. He pointed to it, looking at the alien who seemed to be dozing off. "Excuse me, rotting one. Will you tell me what this is?"

"Uuhh, what? Oh, oh yes, yes." the old fellow woke up and floated to Sho'chavuk's side. "This," he placed his fingers on the glass, "Is an egg of some sort that I managed to find on the dying world of ⎍⏁☌⟊⍀⍜⌇⎎⏃⊑, in my younger days." he paused to cough. "Excuse me. Now, what exactly is inside is not to my knowledge. I was simply told by the last of the ⎍⏁☌, not to disturb it. If you are interested, I can give it to you for 100 credits."

"Just 100? Pah, you are more a fool than you look! I will take it!" Sho'chavuk laughed. He noticed the egg pulsate slightly.

"Ahh. Money no longer matters to me. I am near death and I just want all this clutter gone from here. Clearly my days of adventure are over. I just want to live the last of my days in peace." the aged creature replied, laughing a little himself.

Suddenly, Sho feels a bit of regret, which to him is strange. And, out of either stupidity or genuine compassion, he decided to give his remaining 1,483 credits to the alien, who refused to accept at first, but in the end buckled and thanks Sho'chavuk, who then looks over the egg in the glass case.

"It is no problem rot- ehm, elder one. You are likely in more need of those than I am." Sho'chavuk says, eyes still fixed on the egg. Because it was his now, he decided to open the case. This caused the old alien some alarm, and he warned Sho.

"What are you doing? You don't know what's inside that!" he waved his arms frantically and then hid behind a carved statue.

As Sho'chavuk lifted the lid, he looked into the case. The egg had flaps over its top, and they began to move as Sho poked them. Suddenly, the flaps opened outward, enthralling Sho. But the old alien just wailed in fear. Then, out of the weird fleshy membrane covering the inside of the egg, a small creature with a smooth elongated head emerges. It had weird fleshy skin and a long, sharp tail. Instead of showing fear, Sho'chavuk reached out to it in wonder.

"Oh no." the alien behind the statue whimpered as the little critter poised itself to strike. But what he feared didn't happen. The pink, meaty-looking creature just jumped onto Sho'chavuk's chest and gripped him tightly, chirping and mewling softly. The old alien was baffled. He thought he was about to faint.

Sho'chavuk on the other hand, was extremely excited and felt a great fondness for the slimy, fleshy creature. He held it close and looked at it. Its strange mouth (which looked like a butthole) endeared it to the Tz'ath, and he snickered happily as he listened to it. "Aww. Are you just not the most adorable thing to see the light of day." he paused, examining its face, "Your face resembles a bunghole, but.. That matters not. No it does not, no, no, no!~"

"Incredible." said the old alien as he emerged from hiding. "It seems to have.. Imprinted on you."

"Is that so? Oh, how lovely indeed." Sho'chavuk said in a squeaky voice as he cooed to the otherwise nightmarish looking infant. He tickled the little opening on its face, causing it to squeal. "Awww! Did you hear that? It spoke! It spoke! Ah, this is a wonderful moment. Truly wonderful!" he turned to the old alien now, who looked absolutely confounded. "In my language, the word for bunghole is 'zho'pa'. And so that is what I shall call you. My little Zho'pa!" he said gleefully as he lifted Zho'pa into the air a la Lion King.

The old fellow simply looked on with absolute confusion as Sho headed for the exit. He was just happy to get that creature out of the shop, though he thanked Sho once again as he left, glass case in his hands.

Finally, Sho'chavuk headed for the Defiance, loaded with stuff. He was happy about his new pet, more so than the satchel of prooma he had purchased. Looking more content than ever, he entered the vessel once again and returned to his vent in the hallway. He placed all of his things in there--Zho'pa included--and covered its case with the sack. It was noticeably sticking out though, since the Tz'ath had stuffed quite a bit into the vent. Anyone who checked under the sack would find quite a gruesome surprise indeed.

But Sho'chavuk didn't consider that at all. Having set his new possessions aside, he decided to explore elsewhere. While walking around, he remembered his old things, but having gone through prisoners' effects, he concluded that they decided to just throw his things away because it was mostly junk. Shrugging, he continued to identify the scents all around him as his mind was clearer now. But with that clarity, one he had picked up on the bridge now formed a clear image in his mind. Ragon, he thought, narrowing his eyes and making his form smaller. He crept around and found the room she'd been in, and followed the essence, which took him to the gangway leading back into the Pleasure Haven. Raising his snout into the air, Sho'chavuk scampered off into the crowd once more in search of this scaleskinned stranger.

All the while he was thinking to himself, why would they let a Ragon onto their ship?.. Perhaps she was a prisoner, but why is she here still? He was surprised she hadn't swallowed anyone and been thrown out of the airlock.
Last edited by Kylantha on Sun May 05, 2019 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Sun May 05, 2019 11:12 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Thanica

Bingellia wrote:"Yeah, avoiding looking like that particular class is a very good idea." Mihal chucked as the group approached the door, "Well, I suppose a good commander is enslaved to her ship, so it just might fit. Of course," He laughed again, "You're not trying to look like a good commander here." He paused for a minute, trying to picture her in a museum piece. "A more traditional look may come off as exotic, which probably isn't a bad thing if you don't mind the attention. Own the look, which I have no doubt in my mind you can do, and you'll keep everyone's eyes on you instead of their cards. Be as flamboyant as you need, Thanica. Kiellar sensibilities do not apply here."

"I can do exotic." Thanica gave a short laugh, "Or at least 'different'... come."

Probably unlike many of the people Carter had been shopping with on earth, Thanica was pretty decisive about what she wanted, though it wasn't the easiest to find what she was looking for. Had she decided to go for something a bit more generic, it would have been faster, but Thanica was going for a look that was straight out of the pages of a Kiellar history book. Eventually though, she found what she wanted and dragged Mihal over to the fitting rooms.

She emerged after a couple of minutes, looking a lot less like a ship's crew member. She had found a black, short sleeved, v-neck tunic which she had belted at the waist (where she had also hung her blaster and a rather large dagger she must have had hidden on her somewhere). The tunic fell to mid-thigh and she had swapped her boots for sandals, the straps of which came up to just under her knees. As she had suggested earlier, there wasn't a trace of jewellery on her, nothing that could have been mistaken for something which marked her as anybody's property. The ensemble had quite a summery look to it, made a lot more martial through the obvious display of weapons. She did a twirl for Mihal's benefit, "Well?" she asked, "What do you think?"

She had quite clearly modelled the look off pictures of League dignitaries from the wars with the Kiellar. The fashion amongst the Dhasath of the time had been towards fairly simple clothing when they weren't wearing some form of protective gear.

Mihal tried to hide his astonishment as the young women emerged from the fitting room. He very quickly felt the heat in his cheeks and he tugged at his collar. "Wow, um, I like it. It seems to be very you."

Truth be told, Mihal found that the outfit vaguely reminded him of someone back home. Of course, she better followed so-called "Kiellar sensibilities" all while breaking them in her own way.

He coughed awkwardly as he tried to compose himself, "It's simpler than I expected, which I'm told adds a certain elegance, but it does look comfortable." He looked over the outfit, "Did your people wear anything to symbolize authority? Sashes or a certain headgear that was common among prominent citizens?" The Kiel shrugged as he looked around the shop, "I wasn't exactly taught a lot about the auxiliaries, but something like that will emphasize your position."
Last edited by Bingellia on Sun May 05, 2019 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun May 05, 2019 11:14 am

Kylathia and Harbetia co-write

A Ragon surrounded by shorter being and towering over them did not go unnoticed- the scent was apparent- it was she- the Ragon from the ship. Sho rose from his hunting pose; "AHA! I knew it! A kit-snatcher!" Sho then rushed on all fours and pounced climbing up Sshalah's back and behind her head. Sshalah let out an aggressive rumbling hiss as she reached behind her head while stepping forward, the people below began to back away with terror. The Tz'ath Sho took great pleasure in dodging her swiping hands but Sshalah managed to grasp him and peel his sticky hands from her head. Moving him before her, staring with animosity the creature laughs. Sho states; "Ahahaha, I am simply joking. You are of the crew and therefor not an enemy. Unless you make one of me." Sshalah stared at him regaining her posture. She gave him a squeeze, the Tz'ath chuckled; "Oh you seem to have caught me. How impressive. Shall you now eat me? Oh well, it has been a good life." the Tz'ath began to chuckle in anticipation, "I hope you like spoiled goods!" before howling with laughter. Sshalah bearing her teeth, jaw in a slightly open manner states with restrained anger in response; "As tempting as you are, no." There was one thing she had not elaborated on when speaking to Thanica about this fiend. Sshalah had mentioned that you could only eat them dead, but had not told Thanica that Tz'ath where know to claw and bite and eat their way out of Ragon if swallowed. The liquids the species relaxed in for leisure are already highly acid- in short, in association with other adaptations- they could survive for quite some time and effectively escape while killing their foe. The Tz'ath continued to laugh, "Do it, do it! I've always wanted to see a Ragon's inside parts!" Sshalah took a breath closing her mouth and let the creature fall to the floor of the promenade with disgust. He sat there upon the ground, having landed on his back after the almost 4 meter drop, laughing as he got up and moved away, Sshalah's eyes burning with disdain as he left. She looked around at the crowd around them- the people who had moved away yet stayed to watch- and began walking away in the opposite direction of the still laughing Tz'ath Sho.

Her frustration had broken her previous mood, and though she had the wisdom not to eat the beast the experience left her wanting to do something. A mammal would be stomping away but Sshalah, being cold blooded was not one to use her energy for such unless she wanted others to know she was angry and not to approach- in this situation it'd have disrupted the crowd who she could already hear whispering or returning to the haggling of prices. It was an embarrassment, especially since she assumed she was to stay - 'low' - though it was evident her size didn't permit this. If the heist where to go bad she'd need her energy and to just- be around. Trying not to look at the people below- save to avoid treading upon their feet, she saw a sign- at first she thought it was a Dalash in a bowl of soup- but the words made it clear that what she was looking at was a hot bath. The place had her attention- heat, humidity- a lot of scantly clad people about- but it was a bath and such didn't bother the Ragon. As she approached she saw an Odeiri, the crustatian folk-from the look of his red leg he had been severely burned at his job rather recently- and Sshalah wondered how the thing could still walk- but it was only one of many legs- and Sshalah having worked mostly with aquaculture understood that it would probably fall off- and not grow back. It was a sight that must surely disturb a few potential patrons.

The Odeiri rose a limb to halt her; "Welcome, welcome." it said. Sshalah looked down stated; "Hello." not quite feeling ready to converse energetically and feeling a bit sad to see the creature's leg. The Odeiri continued; "The main bath," it said indicating to the interior, "would overflow where you to enter. We can offer you a private bath however such experiences will cost." Sshalah lowered her head a little to look inside, a number of beings where inside but she could see the problem and nodded, "Is the main bath free?" The crustation chirped, "Yes, but we sell soaps, sponges, conditioner, and other accessories." Sshalah smiled, "Like home." she said, pleased to see a place like this around the station. She turned to the crustation already feeling her spirits being lifted by something familiar to her (and not annoying); "How much for the private bath?" She asked. The Odeiri replied; "4,000 is the base price with additional charges apply for additional services." Sshalah gulped and frowned, raising her head. "I'm sorry, I can't afford that. I'd love to, I really would." The Oderi moved a bit closer to the bath house. "If you wait, I'm sure room will become available." Sshalah wrapped her tail about her ankles, and held her arms. She really wanted this- the crew had been told to enjoy themselves- and she still wasn't sure what she wanted to wear. She looked down at the Odieri; "4000?" It chirped, "Hot tub." Sshalah raised her head to look straight up, "That's tempting." she said, her still wrapped ankles now having a taping foot.

She lowered her head to look upon Odieri and unwrapped her tail from her legs, "If, I where to wait- would I be able to have hot water poured on me occasionally?" The Odieri nodded, "We like to keep the bath warm." Sshalah nodded and with disappointment sat down near the bath house. She whispered, "4000?" while putting a hand over her snout. Her mind filling with thoughts of how wonderful it'd be to have a hot tub to herself. She sat wondering if it was even worth it to settle on just the main bath. "That's a lot," she said again on the price, and since she couldn't afford it she determined it was too much and that just made her frustrated and conflicted on staying or leaving- as she still needed to shop but didn't know what she wanted - except the hot tub, and scale care- a manicure- her mind still thinking about all she'd have in a private bath with attendants. Right now it was the only thing she was certain about buying, and unable to afford.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun May 05, 2019 11:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun May 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Bingellia wrote:
Mihal tried to hide his astonishment as the young women emerged from the fitting room. He very quickly felt the heat in his cheeks and he tugged at his collar. "Wow, um, I like it. It seems to be very you."

Truth be told, Mihal found that the outfit vaguely reminded him of someone back home. Of course, she better followed so-called "Kiellar sensibilities" all while breaking them in her own way.

He coughed awkwardly as he tried to compose himself, "It's simpler than I expected, which I'm told adds a certain elegance, but it does look comfortable." He looked over the outfit, "Did your people wear anything to symbolize authority? Sashes or a certain headgear that was common among prominent citizens?" The Kiel shrugged as he looked around the shop, "I wasn't exactly taught a lot about the auxiliaries, but something like that will emphasize your position."

Thanica gave Mihal a bright smile, in part because of his compliment and in part because of his reaction, which was so delightfully guileless, "Thank you. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by very me, but I'll take it as a compliment." she gave a short laugh, letting him know that she was joking.

She considered the question of rank, then shook her head, "Not in civilian clothing like this." she motioned at herself, "But the rich and powerful would have augmented it with jewellery of some sort, probably a torc or a band on the upper arm. Head gear was really for outside... however, the League is dead and gone and I'm just borrowing the look. There's no reason we can't adjust it." she put her hands on her hips, cocking her head to one side as she looked up at Mihal, "Any suggestions?"

Kylantha wrote:And long story short, Sho'chavuk surrendered the crown and took the 4,000 credits, letting the tall alien keep the box. He was now walking around with the amount in the sack over his shoulder. He was clearly relieved that his luck had saved him once again. He thought for sure that he would be in trouble. But, all's well that ends well, he thought, exploring the district further. At some point, he spotted Thanica with someone he had not yet met. They walked into a shop.

"Ah! How fortuitous! I shall now give her spoils!" Sho'chavuk swelled with pride and started to approach, but thought against it. He needed a disguise...

Moments later, a small creature wearing a sack trundled over to Thanica. Something was hanging off the back of it. Very clearly, it was Sho'chavuk, but he seemed convinced by his disguise, and so thought it would fool everyone. Anyways, the sack-wearing creature reached out, having trouble forming fingers as it tugged at Thanica's clothing. "Dhasath." it spoke in a hissy voice, almost choking as it forced the sounds out of its throat. "You have been visited by the spirit of good will." it seemed to rummage around within itself before a furry limb came out from under the bottom of the sack, holding up a thousand-and-seventeen credits in a messy pile. "Here, take this blessing." it said, and without another word, started going out of the shop. It tripped once before making it out.

Thanica was so surprised by the interruption that she was, unusually, lost for words, "Sorry... did a small creature wearing a bag over itself just hand me some money?" she asked Mihal, then looked down at her hand, "This is real money. I'm... hmmm... ummm.... well this pushes our budget up a bit. I..." she exhaled sharply, then chuckled, shaking her head, "So strange things like that never happened before we took the Defiance and I can't deny we need the money. I'm going to guess that had something to do with one of our crew, but anyway, you were just about to give me some advice to look more authoritative!"
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sun May 05, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Sun May 05, 2019 4:15 pm

You're welcome. " Mihal chucked faintly as the color faded from his check. Thank the gods, he thought to himself, that he didn't manage to make a fool of himself in front of this women. As with Thanica, the interruption caught him by surprise. "That's one of the stranger things I've seen in the past few days, besides the friendly ragon," He blurted out with a noticeable degree of obvious sarcasm.

"But, yes, authority. There are other clothes and, as you've said, jewelry is an option." Mihal tapped his foot in thought, running through a list of accessories in his head. For starters, a bright sash will pop with the black tunic and keep the historic look intact. Personally, I'd choose something in scarlet, but anything will work so long as it's bright." He made an exaggerated shrugged, "But, I've never seen you in color. For all I know, it may kill you!."

Admittedly, jewelry was difficult as necklaces were, for the most part, already eliminated. "Jewelry, jewelry, jewelry..." His foot tapped ever quicker as he thought. "There's always something like the silver ivy or any of the other circlets from one of the empires of antiquity. Silver would probably be the most striking." Mihal chuckled as he looked down at his ring, "I might be a bit biased though."
Last edited by Bingellia on Sun May 05, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Sun May 05, 2019 8:48 pm

So many different types of aliens passed by, some female looking, others male, sometimes he couldn’t even tell at all. Each of them with so many characteristics that it was still so shocking to Carter how many lifeforms the Universe could bestow upon it. He remained resting against the wall, very close to the shop as he observed the many visitors of the station, some looked rich and afluents while others seemed to just barely make it by, it wasn’t so different from the Earth he had left behind.

One particular alien passed by him, very flabby one could say, with a head made up of tentacles and two eyes on each side, it walked slowly and flanked by several other aliens of different species, it looked to be somewhat important by the way it was dressed, but Jesus did it stink. God I wish I had a cigarette, I don’t even know if those exist in this place, but it fucking recks… Carter thought to himself, he didn’t really smoke but it would be nice to have something to cover such a disgusting stench.

Alas the fat creature and its entourage passed by and Carter was relieved, then he found himself approached by a familiar face.

He sidled over to him, offering Carter food from a small white bag. He didn't explain what it was though. Some kind of nut? Meat balls? Sweets? It was hard to tell. "Captain." he greeted Carter, "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is this plan is going to be a lot less complicated than we thought. The 'Grandmaster'..." he said the word with an ever-so-slightly mocking tone, "... apparently runs a Savak game where the winners get to take away a whole lot of ship parts. The bad news is apparently he's only lost twice in the last seventy years. Savak is a game of chance as much as skill, so he's definitely cheating. Losers end up getting enslaved."

Carter looked at the bag’s interior, from within his helmet he had an unsure face but he didn’t refuse the offer as he took a small handful from it and gave a nod to thank Vrondich, he then listened to the Kiellar’s assessment of things. “Hrmmm… If our eyes in the sky can do his part we shouldn’t have too many worries,” Carter said while tilting his head.

He glanced around, presumably looking for Thanica, then shrugged, "Anyway, this means that any one of us could, theoretically, be the one who plays the game. There is no need to leverage our Commander's value. I'm a Savak player, but I'm not going to volunteer." he added firmly, "I am sure that we will acquire these parts one way or another, even if we don't get them this way, and you'll need me to install them."

“Thanica is inside… Mihal’s helping her get something dressier and fancier for the evening.” Carter commented to Vrondich while he set one of the unknown snacks into his mouth, it was crunchier than a nut but somewhat similar, the taste wasn’t awful but it was indeed different as he chewed.

“Grandmaster might raise the stakes if a Dhasath is involved though, I trust Thanica can do it, we can do it.” Carter then gave a few seconds of thought, “This is perhaps the best chance we have… it could set us all very well for some time. At least until getting somewhere else.”

Carter finished off the snacks, “Whatever occurs, we’ll make sure to let you know.”
Last edited by Arengin Union on Mon May 06, 2019 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I do as I please"

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Sun May 05, 2019 9:09 pm

Novo Vohru Andai

"Well since we are staying here a bit till the big play, might as well see what this place is about. Novo thought as he ventured out of the ship. The others have already left and Novo was thinking about if he should see this Pleasure Haven. Novo has half a mind to stay on the ship and wait for the others to return since this den of scum and debauchery is not exactly a place he would want to visit. Though this a one of a kind opportunity to see what this place has and it should be easy for him to blend in. "Screw it" He said under his breath and walked out into the station.

It was not as bad as he imagined for a place like this. He has been in some seedy stations but, this one takes the cake. Though the smell and sound of the place took a toll on his heightened senses. He leaned against a nearby wall with his hand on his head as he adjusted. It hurt but, the pain would pass and he started to wander again. The first thing he saw was a vendor that was selling cybernetic body parts. The parts looked like they were in good shape. He was surprised to find that a pair of cybernetic eyes were on sale and they looked just like Novo's eyes. They were of Kay-Si design that he could tell that much and how did Kay-Si cybernetics get out here. His kind was not known to sell their cybernetics to outsiders so unless the vendor got some from a Kay-Si merchant that smuggled them or they were taken from a Kay-Si. The thought of it made him feel dismayed and went on to see other sights.

It did not take long for him to walk near where Sshalah was holding busy eating a drumstick of a blue reptile called Gecon. While the meat of a Gecon can be gamey, with the right spices and time it can very delicious. Novo got it from a vendor and might as well get a bite while he was here. After finishing the drumstick and throwing it, he saw the bathhouse and walked up to it. "Hmmm, we do not have many of these places back home", he thought. "I wonder what is it like" and as he was looking the place. He noticed Sshalah was there and near a Odeiri. "Maybe she is interested? He walked up to the Ragon spoke in a friendly tone. "Hey, Sshalah, I am Novo, I am from the Defiance. So have you found anything here interesting or good?

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 06, 2019 12:06 am

Thanica Vari

Bingellia wrote:You're welcome. " Mihal chucked faintly as the color faded from his check. Thank the gods, he thought to himself, that he didn't manage to make a fool of himself in front of this women. As with Thanica, the interruption caught him by surprise. "That's one of the stranger things I've seen in the past few days, besides the friendly ragon," He blurted out with a noticeable degree of obvious sarcasm.

"But, yes, authority. There are other clothes and, as you've said, jewelry is an option." Mihal tapped his foot in thought, running through a list of accessories in his head. For starters, a bright sash will pop with the black tunic and keep the historic look intact. Personally, I'd choose something in scarlet, but anything will work so long as it's bright." He made an exaggerated shrugged, "But, I've never seen you in color. For all I know, it may kill you!."

Admittedly, jewelry was difficult as necklaces were, for the most part, already eliminated. "Jewelry, jewelry, jewelry..." His foot tapped ever quicker as he thought. "There's always something like the silver ivy or any of the other circlets from one of the empires of antiquity. Silver would probably be the most striking." Mihal chuckled as he looked down at his ring, "I might be a bit biased though."

"I wear plenty of colour!" Thanica protested, paused for a moment, then shook her head, a slight smile forming, "You know I'd never actually considered that. I'll surprise you one of these days by wearing red, or maybe even, horror of horrors, blue."

"Anyway... I'me sure a sash would look grand, but I'm a little worried about in getting tangled in the furniture if I'm trying to make a hasty exit and, lets face it, there's a pretty strong chance of that happening. If I tie it around my waist then it makes it harder for me to get to my weapons." she said, sounding quite practical, although there was something else behind the protestations, an uncertainty over her place in command that Mihal would have seen before, "So that brings us back to jewellery..."

It was her turn now to look a tiny bit uncomfortable, "Can we go with an arm-band or something more understated like that?" she asked, "I don't think I could pull a circlet off, it's far too grand."

She left it at that for a moment then, seeming to have decided that Mihal needed a better explanation than that, stepped in closer to him, lowering her voice slightly, "I'm still left wondering why you people decided to put me in charge. I mean Carter is a logical choice, he's got the experience of running a space vessel. I'm just some little Dhasath pilot. Of course, I was never going to turn it down; if you ask me to do something for the good of our new crew, I'll do it. I can't stop feeling like I've accidentally tricked everyone into putting me in charge, though I'm not sure what I did to make people trust in me."

Vrondich of Ralar

Arengin Union wrote:
Carter looked at the bag’s interior, from within his helmet he had an unsure face but he didn’t refuse the offer as he took a small handful from it and gave a nod to thank Vrondich, he then listened to the Kiellar’s assessment of things. “Hrmmm… If our eyes in the sky can do his part we shouldn’t have too many worries,” Carter said while tilting his head.

“Thanica is inside… Mihal’s helping her get something dressier and fancier for the evening.” Carter commented to Vrondich while he set one of the unknown snacks into his mouth, it was crunchier than a nut but somewhat similar, the taste wasn’t awful but it was indeed different as he chewed.

“Grandmaster might raise the stakes if a Dhasath is involved though, I trust Thanica can do it, we can do it.” Carter then gave a few seconds of thought, “This is perhaps the best chance we have… it could set us all very well for some time. At least until getting somewhere else.”

Carter finished off the snacks, “Whatever occurs, we’ll make sure to let you know.”

They were nuts (of some sort) coated in something sugary. Not that unlike honey roasted macadamia nuts... "It is the best chance we have." Vrondich agreed, "And the stakes are already high enough that, if we win, we get everything we want and then some. That isn't the problem though. We were hoping to win this by using our, how did you put it? Eyes in the sky? But if the Grandmaster is cheating as well, then we could have any advantage nullified."

"I haven't got another plan." Vrondich added, "Just think we need to go into this with our eyes open."
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon May 06, 2019 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Mon May 06, 2019 12:27 am

They were nuts (of some sort) coated in something sugary. Not that unlike honey roasted macadamia nuts... "It is the best chance we have." Vrondich agreed, "And the stakes are already high enough that, if we win, we get everything we want and then some. That isn't the problem though. We were hoping to win this by using our, how did you put it? Eyes in the sky? But if the Grandmaster is cheating as well, then we could have any advantage nullified."

Carter considered what Vrondich said, he had a point, what really was the advantage of having eyes in the sky if the person they were trying to dupe was duping them as well. However he soon realized they had more advantage than the Grandmaster by that very fact, they knew he was cheating, he didn’t.

“If he is cheating then perhaps that puts us in a tighter spot, but as far as he knows we’ll play by the rules and he has no reasons to suspect,” He scratched the inside of his helmet, “We nullify the Grandmaster’s cheating advantage more than that nullifies our own… the odds are stacked more in our favor.”

After a few seconds of silence Carter crossed his arms and while his helmet was positions in a way that it seemed he was not looking at Vrondich he asked, “You got any idea how he might be cheating?”
"I do as I please"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 06, 2019 5:58 am

Vrondich of Ralar

Arengin Union wrote:After a few seconds of silence Carter crossed his arms and while his helmet was positions in a way that it seemed he was not looking at Vrondich he asked, “You got any idea how he might be cheating?”

Vrondich shook his head, "Not the faintest idea. All I know is he, basically, always wins. You just don't do that in a game of chance. Also his offer is way too generous, three ship parts of your choice? Nobody makes an offer like that unless they are absolutely sure they are going to win. It's a baited hook in the water."

He shrugged, "Anyway, I'm going to go and check in on Rabaech, then I might see if I can't introduce myself to one of the gaming tables. Make sure our young Dhasath doesn't do anything stupid... at least until your AI is competent enough to pilot us around. She can be as stupid as she likes after that." he chuckled slightly as he headed back in the direction of the Defiance.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon May 06, 2019 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 06, 2019 6:45 am

Theyra wrote:Novo Vohru Andai

"Well since we are staying here a bit till the big play, might as well see what this place is about. Novo thought as he ventured out of the ship. The others have already left and Novo was thinking about if he should see this Pleasure Haven. Novo has half a mind to stay on the ship and wait for the others to return since this den of scum and debauchery is not exactly a place he would want to visit. Though this a one of a kind opportunity to see what this place has and it should be easy for him to blend in. "Screw it" He said under his breath and walked out into the station.

It was not as bad as he imagined for a place like this. He has been in some seedy stations but, this one takes the cake. Though the smell and sound of the place took a toll on his heightened senses. He leaned against a nearby wall with his hand on his head as he adjusted. It hurt but, the pain would pass and he started to wander again. The first thing he saw was a vendor that was selling cybernetic body parts. The parts looked like they were in good shape. He was surprised to find that a pair of cybernetic eyes were on sale and they looked just like Novo's eyes. They were of Kay-Si design that he could tell that much and how did Kay-Si cybernetics get out here. His kind was not known to sell their cybernetics to outsiders so unless the vendor got some from a Kay-Si merchant that smuggled them or they were taken from a Kay-Si. The thought of it made him feel dismayed and went on to see other sights.

It did not take long for him to walk near where Sshalah was. Novo was busy eating a drumstick of a blue reptile called Gecon. While the meat of a Gecon can be gamey, with the right spices and time it can very delicious. Novo got it from a vendor and might as well get a bite while he was here. After finishing the drumstick and throwing it, he saw the bathhouse and walked up to it. "Hmmm, we do not have many of these places back home", he thought. "I wonder what is it like" and as he was looking the place. He noticed Sshalah was there and near a Odeiri. "Maybe she is interested? He walked up to the Ragon spoke in a friendly tone. "Hey, Sshalah, I am Novo, I am from the Defiance. So have you found anything here interesting or good?

Sshalah smiled softly. Novo was roughly a meter shorter then her which compared to most other creatures stood out. His two cybernetic eyes gave him a gaze that didn't concern Sshalah greatly, she was pleased simply to have someone approach her amiably. 'I have," she said looking over towards the Bathhouse past the Odeiri but certainly within earshot of the being, "I'm waiting for the main bath here. There are too many in it at the moment, and where I to enter now it'd overflow." She still looking a the bathhouse but lower continued, "Though they are offering a private bath- a hot tub." she grinned looking at the Kay-si, "for 4000." She chuckled having whimsy visions of her relaxing while being attended to- scale care- manicures- perhaps a massage. She then raised her head glancing slightly at the Odeiri and then back to Novo "that costs too much so," her tail moved a little so as to be in front of her feet, "I'm just waiting."
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon May 06, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse