NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:13 am

Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe
Defiance Secondary Armory

The guard surrendered, good for him, Yp quickly closed the distance and said to his mind

"You will survive good, now go"

He threw the guard the other way knocking him out, but the Kiel will wake up in time... Now a Dasath approached him, he turned his featureless face to him ( literally, think of Slenderman face for reference ) apparently wanting the gun. Yp threw it to him but before it could reach him he spoke to him what he would hear directly in his mind

"Have the gun Dasath, don't try anything stupid, or you will join the collection"

He then gestured to the Kiellar head hanging from his shoulder, the blood slowly dripping, the face frozen in a Grimace of pain, surprise, confusion, and fear.

He then grabbed some weapons from the armory and rushed toward the bridge. When he entered it, he spoke to Thanica

"I bring weapons"

Y'Trh'dçy
Defiance Main Armory

He understood the Kiel and took the weapon but before moving he put the weapon on the floor and gestured. He gestured he wanted something to write on and something to write with, it was the only way for him to communicate right now, he couldn't speak other languages due to nature of his vocal system, but he could write. And so the hulking 4-meter beetle was standing before the Kiel gesturing for something to write with supplemented by the occasional hisses

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

An attempt at threatening him, funny, he has heard more menacing threats, but this seemed like his only way unless she will accept his version of the deal.

"I have a better proposition, but it requires a bit of waiting, when we are able to leave the ship, I will bring you a Dhasath, Jokari, and Cestrenti, but not here, not right now, it would only get me killed, and the live resources of the ship are quite limited"

He closed the distance to the glass, he had at least three ideas on how to kill the woman. He looked at glass with his 360° vision now moving even a single millimeter, his 8 bulges on head usually glowing light green light changed into a orange glow.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:20 am

Captain Nathan Taylor Carter
The Bridge, the Defiance.

"Have the gun Dasath, don't try anything stupid, or you will join the collection"

What had seemed to be a tense moment for Carter ended rather smoothly as the creature didn’t lunge at him to try and disembowel him unlike the previous bastard back at the cells, instead it spoke, but it didn’t move any lips or made any gesture, nothing, and yet he could hear a voice within his own mind, an unfamiliar voice which Carter at first felt rather creeped out by, until he realized that this creature was talking to him through its mind, like those X-men movies back home, it was weird to actually experience it, but also fascinating to a degree. It was even more weird to hear the term “collection” whatever that meant, and why did these creatures insisted on referring to him as "Dasath" was an even more puzzling question for him. But Carter didn’t waste time as he took the weapon with care of his body language. Taking the weapon by what he assumed was the grip Carter inspected it closely, it was unlikely the service weapons he had used back on Earth, it was just familiar enough to at the very least know where the trigger was and where the bullets, bolts, lasers or whatever came out of it, but it was still too techy for his liking, still better than nothing.

“Back home we had more simple ordnance, but beggars can’t be choosers,” with the weapon now on his hands Carter noticed creature entering to the interior beyond the opened door “Well pardon me,” he said sarcastically as he too entered what he could only assume assume was the bridge, a large room filled with all types of intricate machinery, an assortment of complexity beyond his understanding as Carter wobbled while looking around the room. The human’s amazement and wonder quickly turned back to concentration as he stumbled on the dead corpse of what he could only consider was yet another member of the ship’s crew, this one was clearly important judging by his wardrobe, a pool of blood on the floor and it was clear it had been stabbed.

Then the next thing to caught Carter’s attention was the massive lizard like being on the room, along with the two visibly fearful members of the crew who stood silently and with both their arms up while trying to stay from the massive monster. Carter looked to his recently picked weapon, keeping hands on the grip but fingers off the trigger he walked further into the bay, eyeing the lizard creature he was fearful to be completely honest but he was not going to cower, he was done being a prisoner and he wouldn’t let something else get to him, but he wasn’t looking for a fight either. Carter then saw her, the girl who’d freed him from his binds and had provided him with much needed relief, hope that he wasn’t so loss in this place.

Setting his rifle aside Carter said “Hey…” with a monotone voice, stopping a few meters away from her. He didn’t give her time to say anything as he stood there with his chest and chin up he said “I-i… didn’t get a chance to ask your name… I figured you knew mine by now, but I’m Nathan, Nathan Taylor Carter” he then awkwardly began scratching the back of his neck, the injection still hurt and it felt itchy at times, but he was also nervous and felt uncertain about how to approach he.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:32 am

OOC: I was sleeping, my schedule is unconventional. Anyways, here's my best shot.

Korhal IVV wrote:The ensuing chaos favored Kaleso very well as he ran towards the armory with in the midst of the running calvacade of freed prisoners. He would see the door to the main armory in his sights, and then there was a Kiellar running up towards his direction. It was a guard armed with electric batons, and he didn’t have a black armband as well. He was probably hostile, then.

Kaleso, in this moment, decided to use race’s characteristics to his advantage. He flapped his wings, and soon enough, he was flying near the ceiling, and then he grabbed on the ceiling itself and crawled on it like an insect with rapid speed; too fast for anyone’s taste. He intended to outrun Cidrac, as he was still unarmed. It would help immensely if he had a weapon, preferably a Jokari starblade. He wondered were the Kiellar hid it. In the armoury, perhaps?

The Kiellar guard was probably going to chase him, but perhaps his reputation as one who singlehandedly slaughtered an entire Kiellar colony would help as he dropped towards the floor as soon as he reached the armoury itself. If Cidrac had looked in his records, maybe he will think twice, as assassination is no easy task for any measly mortal.

Kaleso would see the Chief Engineer, and he immediately asked to be handed a gun.

“I must purge.”

Cridrac hesitated. This creature had decided to run, rather than fight. Ironically, Cridrac felt relief wash over him, he wasn't interested in dancing with a Jokari.
At the moment, it seemed to be acting defensively, so I should focus on those horrific noises down that hallway.
Another thought pierced his mind.
He was headed for the armory.
Cridrac paused, frozen in the middle of a hallway rebounding with alarms. This wasn't fair. He wasn't trained for this.
I guess the Chief Engineer can handle himself, I mean he's the one which wanted me to grab a gun.
Cridrac noticed prisoners streaming down the main corridor. Cridrac joined the throng, targeting the largest ones he could find.

Rykil wrote:Kiellar Prison Ship: Defiance
Converted Crew Quarters: Mutiny aboard the Defiance

Nidheon had three choices, armory, bridge, or engineering. He watched as Yp rushed towards the armory, slaughtering a Kiellar and arming himself. Others were breaking out of their cells as well, including Kaleso, the giant beetle, and a bulb-headed individual. Kaleso was off towards the armory, meaning that there was likely two dangerous criminals about arm themselves and others. Seeing as the armory was close by the bridge, they likely would have had the bridge secured as well. With that in mind, Nidheon ran off towards the engineering deck, owing to their expertise in engineering and the fact that the frontal ship was likely being stormed enough. Nidheon's combat arms were going left and right, pushing prisoners out of his way on his way to engineering.

"On the ground, now."
A Dhasath prisoner, who was holding some sort of cleaning utensil, hesitated. A violent force, like a wave, forced the Dhasath against the wall, who crumpled and immediately threw their hands in the air.
What was that?
Cridrac rushed to the corner of the section of the hall, where turning he saw it.
An aquatic being? His visor's HUD attempted a correction from the ship's database, with the text Odeiri forcing itself across his line of vision.

Grabbing the Dhasath, Cridrac tossed the prisoner into the nearest supply closet.
The key-card-lock was malfunctioning, as if the system had been tampered with. This shift keeps getting better.
One electrical strike to the neck would probably incapacitate the Dhasath for at least an hour. Doing so, Cridrac focused his sole attention on the crustacean.
Following the trail of disoriented prisoners, was easy. Keeping up with that beast wasn't.
I better get a bonus for this.
As the Odeiri would knock a prisoner aside, several moments later a Kiel would club them again.
Realizing their destination as engineering, Cridrac attempted to seal a blast door before confronting the prisoner.
Forgetting his earlier confrontation with the closet, he tried several times before realizing he was wasting time.

Sighing louder than necessary, he sprung toward the Engineering entrance. One guard down.
The Odeiri was 'standing' there, rifle in tentacle.
Go, don't stop, just do it. Now!
Cridrac of Garbrann hurled himself toward the target.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:27 am

Sshalash
The Bridge
The great reptilian Ragon looked away from the 'not Dhalash' and a face she had seen previously on her way to the bridge. Letting it all happen around her- the weapon bringer, the stranger, the one who released her from the cell speak. Such was the best way to 'not be a probelm'. But it did nothing for her hunger. She was either having one of of the two Kiellar or she was cleaning up this bloody mess on the floor. Regardless of what she would do she wasn't going to feed in this mixed company. Her tail moved away from the Dhalash as a gesture that she wasn't going to prevent the creature from approaching the strange one- though they where all strange. She figured that after they talk a bit and the chemicals running through her subsided she would would ask her questions. For now though she could clean her bloody hand, get a taste of Kiellar in doing so- no need to let the blood crust on her skin. She was sure to keep her eyes on the Kiellar, she wondered if what the Dhalash had said was indication that their was in fact Raz'lak and throsie sauce on board. The thought brought a smile to her face, her tongue still cleaning her hand. She couldn't help but chuckle while eyeing the two.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:27 am

-snip-
Edit: Was a double post. Same as the above.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:32 am

Kaleso Stralbane - Armoury

The Jokari bowed slightly as Vundrich handed him a gun with which he can fight. As he inspected the weapon, the avian would then look back towards Vundrich as he gave a small chuckle before turning around completely to face the Chief Engineer. With a ruffle of his grey feathers, the Jokari looked down towards the Kiel as the glow of his purple eyes shone a little brighter. “May I ask where you lot hid my starblade? You know, the weapon that I had holstered on me when I was captured. Have it? Or not?”, he said on as he placed the blaster rifle at his left hand, which was clearly not his dominant hand; it was a sign of a Jokari having no intention to attack.

The Jokari looked down with his superior height; he was at least 7 feet tall, and his wings increased that to eight feet. If one was looking at them right now, it would be seen to be a normal conversation minus the noises all around them.

As the Jokari got the answer, he would then resolve to have his hands on it, but not before smashing all resistance on the way. He would motion to the door as the Jokari flapped his wings with a loud ruffle as he flew out, searching for the blade that has served him well for so long.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 am

Dr. Āihēemlái "Amlai" Āigàm Ǒonhētváihěeāivǎakàe, M.D.

I took a moment to respond as I mulled about in my memory, and tapped my fingers on the control board. I looked away for a moment, and then looked back at the Cestrenti. I took the microphone daintily in my hand again, and smiled as my tentacles went from ruby red to a glowing emerald.

“Well it seems we’ll get along splendidly then. Anyway, I’m sure you’ve got something you’ve been meaning to do, so I’ll make this quick and we’ll both be on our way. As I recall, there’s a Jokari sitting around in stasis somewhere, which I’ll be extracting presently. That leaves the Dhasath and Cestrenti to you, which I’m sure you an handle. You have a good point regarding our current status, which is why we’ll discuss the finer details of my job offer, perks and what have you, whenever the time comes that you’ll be able to fulfil your end of the potential bargain. I’ll give you time to think about it while you go about your business,” I finished, bringing up the hologram again and unlocking the medbay door to the hallway in one direction, so that once he left it would be once again rendered inaccessible, “The door’s open to you, whenever you’re ready. In the meantime, I’ve got some work to do.”

I slid out the control room, and into my room. I grabbed everything I needed from my drawer. A bag, some jars, a mobile medical kit, and a laser bone-saw, all my personal belongings. A double-dose of chloroform would do to keep the Jokari out long enough for me to get everything I needed. From my room, I slunk into the hallway. I changed my skin and tentacle colour to match the wall. I wasn’t perfectly inconspicuous, thanks to my clothes, bag, and eyes, but enough so that I wasn’t likely to be noticed. The trip to the stasis chambers was surprisingly quiet, until I remembered that the criminals were likely occupied elsewhere.

Wonderful. The specimen was still pristine, and ready to have its organs harvested. I pulled on my gloves, then turned off the stasis, letting the Jokari fall and quickly clasping the chloroform to its mouth so it would stay unconscious. Now the fun could begin. I laid its body out on the floor, and first went for the precious brain. I used my scalpel from my medical kit to slice open the head down to the skull, and then used the saw to split the skull. I gingerly reached around the brain, and pulled it out of the skull. With a quick slice through the spinal chord, it was mine. I placed it in the jar, and went for the body cavity next. Now for some eyes...

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:28 am

Thanica - the Bridge

Endem wrote:*snip*

He then grabbed some weapons from the armory and rushed toward the bridge. When he entered it, he spoke to Thanica

"I bring weapons"

"Ah yes, thank you, if you could just put them down over there, away from me a bit." she suggested, her eyes still glued on the Ragon. Thanica's composure was coming back, but she didn't want to do anything to provoke
Sshalash... Like pick up a gun. The big Ragon still looked like it was planning to eat someone and her efforts to dissuade it didn't seem to be working, perhaps she was speaking to it the wrong way?

Carter, and his astounding bravery next to the beast, also left her feeling a little embarrassed about her earlier panic, but it also helped to stiffen her backbone. She cleared her throat, "Ragon!" she addressed Sshalash, pointing first at the dead Captain, "That one is yours."

"Those two..." she motioned at the two Kiellar Bridge crew, "Are ours." she motioned at Carter and Yp, "Noted?" she asked by way of confirmation.

As she did she took a step towards Carter, "Thanica Vari." she introduced herself in a lower voice, placing a hand on his shoulder. She sounded composed but she was still trembling, though that was partly because of the fact she was suggesting corpse desecration in order to save lives; it was a case of choosing the last horrible of two horrible options, "It is nice to hear your voice at last, though I'm sorry it isn't under more enjoyable circumstances."

Vrondich - the Armoury

Endem wrote:
Y'Trh'dçy
Defiance Main Armory

He understood the Kiel and took the weapon but before moving he put the weapon on the floor and gestured. He gestured he wanted something to write on and something to write with, it was the only way for him to communicate right now, he couldn't speak other languages due to nature of his vocal system, but he could write. And so the hulking 4-meter beetle was standing before the Kiel gesturing for something to write with supplemented by the occasional hisses.

"Ahh..." Vrondich did not have anything to write with. He patted down his pockets, finding a whole lot of nothing, before remembering he had a can of red spray paint on his belt that he used for marking the location of invisible leaks in pipes, "You can try the wall and this?" he suggested.

Korhal IVV wrote:Kaleso Stralbane - Armoury

The Jokari bowed slightly as Vundrich handed him a gun with which he can fight. As he inspected the weapon, the avian would then look back towards Vundrich as he gave a small chuckle before turning around completely to face the Chief Engineer. With a ruffle of his grey feathers, the Jokari looked down towards the Kiel as the glow of his purple eyes shone a little brighter. “May I ask where you lot hid my starblade? You know, the weapon that I had holstered on me when I was captured. Have it? Or not?”, he said on as he placed the blaster rifle at his left hand, which was clearly not his dominant hand; it was a sign of a Jokari having no intention to attack.

"Ahhh... No, not sure sorry, but if you go down one floor to the stairs pods, prisoner belongings are stacked in there in the big crates." Vrondich had no idea what a starblade was meant to be, but he knew where they put prisoner belongings... In a serious of big crates that the prison and ship guards would divide up between themselves at the mines. Their belongings were supposed to be held in case of a pardon, but nobody ever got pardoned so the guards just helped themselves.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:16 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Thanica - the Bridge

Endem wrote:*snip*

"I bring weapons"

"Ah yes, thank you, if you could just put them down over there, away from me a bit." she suggested, her eyes still glued on the Ragon. Thanica's composure was coming back, but she didn't want to do anything to provoke
Sshalash... Like pick up a gun. The big Ragon still looked like it was planning to eat someone and her efforts to dissuade it didn't seem to be working, perhaps she was speaking to it the wrong way?

Carter, and his astounding bravery next to the beast, also left her feeling a little embarrassed about her earlier panic, but it also helped to stiffen her backbone. She cleared her throat, "Ragon!" she addressed Sshalash, pointing first at the dead Captain, "That one is yours."

"Those two..." she motioned at the two Kiellar Bridge crew, "Are ours." she motioned at Carter and Yp, "Noted?" she asked by way of confirmation.

As she did she took a step towards Carter, "Thanica Vari." she introduced herself in a lower voice, placing a hand on his shoulder. She sounded composed but she was still trembling, though that was partly because of the fact she was suggesting corpse desecration in order to save lives; it was a case of choosing the last horrible of two horrible options, "It is nice to hear your voice at last, though I'm sorry it isn't under more enjoyable circumstances."

Sshalash frowned flightly at first but then looking back to the two gave a slight grin, her eyes narrow as she took hold of the corpse and began make her way out of the room- the body secured by her tail so her arms where free to act as she traveled- her back now turned to them. Three against two where good numbers and she didn't like eating in front of prey. She attempted to communicate with eye motions and nodding of head that all was well between her and the 'not Dhalash' as she passed him and the bringer of weapons into the halls to find a private place in which to feed. She was massive, 4.3 meters tall, her steps likely were threatening to them. The bridge was secure, she still didn't know who was on whose side- all she knew was that the Dhalash woman was involved, and for that reasons he would trust her word- for now. Regardless this meant that unless called upon Sshalash was done with the violence and ready to have a relaxing meal to her self; finally in the halls her eyes betrayed such sentiment.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:29 am

Mihal of Obe

Following the other Dhasath to the secondary armory, suppressing the urge to look around to see the chaos brewing around him. Mihal approached the fellow Kiel with the black armband who he had seen handing out weapons, he took a moment to find his words as he still found it difficult to comprehend what exactly had been going on.

“You’re handing out weapons? I can defend help here should need be.” He stammered out. Truth be told, all the man wanted was to be safe, and some kind of weapon would help with that. Being in an armory which could be sealed didn’t hurt either. While Mihal had no practical experience with a blaster, the basics were very easy to grasp.
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:55 am

Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe
Defiance Bridge

In the head of Thanica appeared a message "Noted" and the Kel'Resh put down the weapons ( 3 blaster pistols and 2 rifles ) some distance away from anyone but now he needed to be somewhere else.

He overheard a conversation of a Jokari and a Kiel on the way out, and rushed to the place where prisoner belongings were. When he arrived there he searched it like a mad man. He found what he was looking for, his double spear, broken, in eyes of other Kel'Reshi it was one of the biggest dishonors one could have, there was only one way to redeem yourself from it, kill the one that broke the spear.

He let out a telepathic scream to everyone on the ship ( his limitation of communication )

"Every being still loyal to Kiellar Command, I, Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe will make sure you will die a painful and slow death"

He searched for a crew member without the dark piece armband, he found two. Kiellar female and male, he threw the two parts of his double spear right at the female, on embedded itself in her leg, second in her head.

For the male, Yp has thrown him on the ground after easily crushed resistance from the Kiel and used his four legs to impale the legs and arms of the man, then he started to move them away from each other eventually ripping the Kiel's legs and arms of his torso, he then cut off their heads and used their hair to tie them to his shoulder, now he had three heads on one shoulder and that count will only increase.

Y'Trh'dçy
Defiance Main Armory

Spray, yes thank you, yes, Y'Trh'dçy wanted to say all those things, he ignored the message that appeared in his brain and started to spray a sentence on the wall. The sentence read

"What has happened, why am I free"

He then grabbed the gun from the place he left it and waited until Vrondich would say something.

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

He left the med bay as the door closed behind him and started to wander the ship again, eventually reaching the bridge. Where he found quite the scene a Ragon and two Dasath were standing near, two Kiel terrified and the third one lying in a puddle of blood clearly dead and saw the blasters halfway between the female Dhasath and the Ragon. He moved to grab one with a small "Move aside Dhasath" to the male one ( yes it was Carter ), he grabbed a pistol and started to walk out with a quick "Splendid".

Well, he thought it would be easy to get another Cestrenti from the Cryo or just wandering the ship, well he was now on hunt...
Last edited by Endem on Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:29 am

"Thanica Vari." Was her name, not as difficult as Carter had first imagined, it was still different but at the very least he felt he could pronounce it, though not without butchering it perhaps, she continued "It is nice to hear your voice at last, though I'm sorry it isn't under more enjoyable circumstances." She seemed uneasy, nervous even. He couldn’t really blame her considering what she’d done, as far as he could tell she was a mutiner, a likely traitor to whoever or whatever entity owned this ship, it was no different than if he would’ve led a mutiny against a commander in a base was stationed long ago. But if she were this desperate, to turn to him and a bunch of other renegades and possibly degenerates, then for her the stakes were likely higher than anyone else’s. And there was also the massive humanoid lizard in the room which did not seem very friendly still.

“Wel-” Carter’s words stopped there as he then flinched a little as the hulking lizard proceeded to take the body he’d stumbled on earlier, its long tail tangled the body and dragged it out of the room, it all not unlike an anaconda constricting its prey. Carter kept his eyes on the creature for a few seconds until it left the room, leaving him a bit more calm but still attentive.

Letting out a breath of relief Carter turned back to Thanica, “Considering that I was restrained and gagged for god knows how long, I think the circumstances now are quite better than any I’ve had so far,” he gave a slight smile, he was still unsure about this whole thing but at the very least Thanica hadn’t tried to eat him or maim him and she was the first being he’d had a more or less normal conversation and that alone was a major improvement to him.

Carter then noticed the different consoles, controls and other intriquities, blood still on the floor and the other two crew members still with their hands up in surrender. Carter took a hold of his rifle while still talking to Thanica, making the two crew members know that he was more than willing to use it, even if he wasn’t very sure of how the thing worked.

“So… I suppose we’ve got the bridge, what now?”
"I do as I please"

Rykil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rykil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:37 am

New Udonia wrote:
Rykil wrote:Kiellar Prison Ship: Defiance
Converted Crew Quarters: Mutiny aboard the Defiance

Nidheon had three choices, armory, bridge, or engineering. He watched as Yp rushed towards the armory, slaughtering a Kiellar and arming himself. Others were breaking out of their cells as well, including Kaleso, the giant beetle, and a bulb-headed individual. Kaleso was off towards the armory, meaning that there was likely two dangerous criminals about arm themselves and others. Seeing as the armory was close by the bridge, they likely would have had the bridge secured as well. With that in mind, Nidheon ran off towards the engineering deck, owing to their expertise in engineering and the fact that the frontal ship was likely being stormed enough. Nidheon's combat arms were going left and right, pushing prisoners out of his way on his way to engineering.

"On the ground, now."
A Dhasath prisoner, who was holding some sort of cleaning utensil, hesitated. A violent force, like a wave, forced the Dhasath against the wall, who crumpled and immediately threw their hands in the air.
What was that?
Cridrac rushed to the corner of the section of the hall, where turning he saw it.
An aquatic being? His visor's HUD attempted a correction from the ship's database, with the text Odeiri forcing itself across his line of vision.

Grabbing the Dhasath, Cridrac tossed the prisoner into the nearest supply closet.
The key-card-lock was malfunctioning, as if the system had been tampered with. This shift keeps getting better.
One electrical strike to the neck would probably incapacitate the Dhasath for at least an hour. Doing so, Cridrac focused his sole attention on the crustacean.
Following the trail of disoriented prisoners, was easy. Keeping up with that beast wasn't.
I better get a bonus for this.
As the Odeiri would knock a prisoner aside, several moments later a Kiel would club them again.
Realizing their destination as engineering, Cridrac attempted to seal a blast door before confronting the prisoner.
Forgetting his earlier confrontation with the closet, he tried several times before realizing he was wasting time.

Sighing louder than necessary, he sprung toward the Engineering entrance. One guard down.
The Odeiri was 'standing' there, rifle in tentacle.
Go, don't stop, just do it. Now!
Cridrac of Garbrann hurled himself toward the target.

Great, A Kiellar prison guard, and it's Cridrac. No surprise there. Thought the Odeiri to himself.

Nidheon wasn't a fighter, Cridrac was. One advantage the Connected had was his armor and a rifle, but Cridrac had actual skills in combat. He slung a combat arm towards the Kiel while the other one remained in a defensive position. If the guard landed a blow on him, the armor could probably tank the effects unless under continuous assault. Nidheon had to keep their unarmored flesh away from the baton, either dodging it or deflecting it with his armor. One hit to flesh and he would likely be down. If it came to that, he could blast him in a grapple although he would prefer not to.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Next on the agenda were the eyes. And my, this Jokari had a beautiful set. Shame they were such arrogant creatures that giving them a complement was akin to throwing stardust to a neutron star. The eyes found their new homes, and now it was time to take on the main task, the body cavity.

First, of course, was dealing with the ribs. I made a vertical incision spanning from the from the throat to the lower abdomen, and then a horizontal incision across the chest. The bone saw made quick work of the ribs, and left the pristine cavity at my disposal. The heart and lungs were of course mine, and found their places in appropriate jars, and then I took the time to consider whether I desired Jokari gonads in my collection to later analyse.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:51 pm

Thanica - the Bridge

Harbertia wrote:Sshalash frowned flightly at first but then looking back to the two gave a slight grin, her eyes narrow as she took hold of the corpse and began make her way out of the room- the body secured by her tail so her arms where free to act as she traveled- her back now turned to them. Three against two where good numbers and she didn't like eating in front of prey. She attempted to communicate with eye motions and nodding of head that all was well between her and the 'not Dhalash' as she passed him and the bringer of weapons into the halls to find a private place in which to feed. She was massive, 4.3 meters tall, her steps likely were threatening to them. The bridge was secure, she still didn't know who was on whose side- all she knew was that the Dhalash woman was involved, and for that reasons he would trust her word- for now. Regardless this meant that unless called upon Sshalash was done with the violence and ready to have a relaxing meal to her self; finally in the halls her eyes betrayed such sentiment.

Thanica waited a moment or two, her hand still resting on Carter's shoulder. When she was certain Sshalah wasn't about to come back and grab her for dessert, she visibly relaxed, "Well that is something I would rather not see again in a hurry. First stop after this, we are buying some livestock to keep the Ragon fed. I really thought it was going to take me for a moment there." she confessed to Carter, "I think the only reason I wasn't the one getting dragged back to the lair is the fact that it thinks I'm the only one who can fly the ship, and I don't even know if that's true or not!"

"You two." she addressed the pair of crew members who had been trying to kill her not so long before, "Are damned lucky you didn't manage to choke me earlier. I saw the way the big girl was looking at you. If I hadn't stepped in you would have been breakfast..." she pointed at one "and lunch..." she pointed at the other.

Arengin Union wrote:Captain Nathan Taylor Carter

Letting out a breath of relief Carter turned back to Thanica, “Considering that I was restrained and gagged for god knows how long, I think the circumstances now are quite better than any I’ve had so far,” he gave a slight smile, he was still unsure about this whole thing but at the very least Thanica hadn’t tried to eat him or maim him and she was the first being he’d had a more or less normal conversation and that alone was a major improvement to him.

Carter then noticed the different consoles, controls and other intriquities, blood still on the floor and the other two crew members still with their hands up in surrender. Carter took a hold of his rifle while still talking to Thanica, making the two crew members know that he was more than willing to use it, even if he wasn’t very sure of how the thing worked.

“So… I suppose we’ve got the bridge, what now?”

"Not to mention it. Even if you weren't a Dhasath, I couldn't just leave you like that, it was... unnecessarily cruel. If anyone on the ship deserves a gag it is probably me." she grinned momentarily before returning to more serious matters, walking over towards the main console in the centre of the room, the one she had been pinned against not so long ago. Now that she wasn't looking like she was about to make an unexpected internal tour of a Ragon's digestive tract, she was feeling a lot more positive about her act of rebellion. Throwing off the shackles of Kiellar command was... liberating, "This is one of four key locations about the ship." she explained, "Here, the secondary armoury by the door, which I know we held, main engineering and the main armoury. Now that we control the bridge though, I can call engineering and then signal the rest of the ship that the matter is settled and there is no need for further killing."

She pressed a button on the console, leaning down slightly to speak to it, "Engineering, do you read me?"

"This is Engineering." a voice responded, "Who has the bridge?"

"Thanica Vari... is that you Rabaech?" she asked.

"It is. I'm in control of the engineering bay, but I'm not really sure what's going on. Vrondich was supposed to send someone this way with weapons, but nobody has shown up. I can hear fighting. I won't be able to hold the bay if someone with something more dangerous than a big wrench comes in here."

"Got that Rabaech. Stay put, I'll see what we can organise at this end."

She cut off the comms line, turning back to Carter, "Well, Captain Carter, seems Engineering isn't properly secured yet, what do you think we should do?" she asked.

Vrondich - the Armoury

Bingellia wrote:Mihal of Obe

Following the other Dhasath to the secondary armory, suppressing the urge to look around to see the chaos brewing around him. Mihal approached the fellow Kiel with the black armband who he had seen handing out weapons, he took a moment to find his words as he still found it difficult to comprehend what exactly had been going on.

“You’re handing out weapons? I can defend help here should need be.” He stammered out. Truth be told, all the man wanted was to be safe, and some kind of weapon would help with that. Being in an armory which could be sealed didn’t hurt either. While Mihal had no practical experience with a blaster, the basics were very easy to grasp.

Vrondich gave the newcomer an appraising look, and seemed to decide he checked out. He motioned back into the armoury, "Help yourself" he remaked, "I'm assuming you don't want to end up back in one of the cells, so I'm also assuming you won't shoot me in the back while I watch this corridor. I'm not anticipating any crew members who come this way will be armed, so just yell at them a bit and they'll stick their hands up."

"What is your name by the way? And what are you in for? Genocide? Piracy? Murder?" he asked conversationally.

Endem wrote:
Y'Trh'dçy
Defiance Main Armory

Spray, yes thank you, yes, Y'Trh'dçy wanted to say all those things, he ignored the message that appeared in his brain and started to spray a sentence on the wall. The sentence read

"What has happened, why am I free"

He then grabbed the gun from the place he left it and waited until Vrondich would say something.

"Because we're starting a revolution." Vrondich replied to the beetle, as if it were the most natural thing in the world, "If you want to stay free... well, my colleague needs a weapon." he paused, before reminding the beetle of what his colleague looked like again, "Little one with the glasses. Goes by Rabaech."

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018

Postby New Udonia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm

Rykil wrote:
Great, A Kiellar prison guard, and it's Cridrac. No surprise there. Thought the Odeiri to himself.

Nidheon wasn't a fighter, Cridrac was. One advantage the Connected had was his armor and a rifle, but Cridrac had actual skills in combat. He slung a combat arm towards the Kiel while the other one remained in a defensive position. If the guard landed a blow on him, the armor could probably tank the effects unless under continuous assault. Nidheon had to keep their unarmored flesh away from the baton, either dodging it or deflecting it with his armor. One hit to flesh and he would likely be down. If it came to that, he could blast him in a grapple although he would prefer not to.

With his HUD alerting him to the incoming tentacle, it was an 'easy' dodge. Feeling confident, Cridrac brought the electrified baton down on the armor.
Cridrac had been counting on traditional metallic properties, something the armor didn't possess. The baton sizzled, although the Odeiri seemed unaffected.

That should have worked.

Cridrac struck the armor again, in a different spot, resulting in an identical effect.

Must be a unique Odeiri alloy, pretty intelligent for such a primitive body.

At this moment, the Odeiri had decided to launch another tentacle, something Cridrac found himself unprepared for.
The impact caused him to skid across the floor, losing both batons due to the force.

Shit, shit, shit.

In desperation, Cridrac drew his blaster.
Sweat trickled down his temples, something he had not expected to experience on this mission.

"This has two possible outcomes. Drop the rifle."
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Theyra
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Defiance
Cell
Novo Vohru Andai

Novo despite the chaos that was happening on the ship, he was asleep. Figuring with nothing to do but wait till they arrive at their destination he should get some sleep before his life becomes much worse. The dream was pleasant, it about Novo traveling through a jungle on his homeworld. To think that the only reason he could see the beauty of his homeworld was through artificial eyes. Plus, that and discovering the surface was a fluke caused by the war was something else. Then in the dream, he started to hear loud sounds that would shake him to consciousness.

"What? Novo said in a tired voice as he slowly awoke and the loud alarm hurt his ear. He covered his ears and nearly rolled off of the bed. When he opened his eyes and looked at the door to his cell, he was surprised to find to his cell was wide open. "What is happening? He slowly got out of bed and he would check to see if he was still asleep and this was a dream but the sound of the alarm was all the convincing he needed. Novo slowly stepped out of his cell and looked around. All the other prison cells were open and he made a small chirp and his echolocation activated and from what he could sense, it all pointed to one thing. A prison riot and that could be his ticket to freedom.

"But where to....... the armory", he thought as he made his way out of his cell and made a break for the nearest armory.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe
Defiance ???

He was still searching, looking, he needed to find another one! He was all around the ship, screaming into the mind of anyone he found about Kiellar crew members that were still alive, he found none! There were none left! In his mindless rage, Yp pinned to the wall a random prisoner and torn him to shreds, nothing more than shreds. He then calmed down, that meant, anyone who has dishonored him was dead and he had his honor back. There was no one in sight

Y'Trh'dçy
Defiance Main Armory

He noted as much as his head allowed for, which was, not a lot. He started to walk towards engineering. When he found himself before a door he wanted to knock on it but forgetting his strength, the door was blown backward but stayed on its hinges. The Beetle has stepped in, dropped weapons on the floor and sprayed a sentence on the wall.

"Your friend sent me"

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Stasis Pod Bay

Well, this should be easy, a Cestrenti should be there, somewhere, the odds were just too high for one to not be there. On his way in he met the doctor from the med bay.

"We bump into each other a lot lately"

He commented and moved on, he tried finding a way to check what was in the pods. A Cestrenti should be there, probably not a Dhasath but definitely, a Cestrenti was there.
Last edited by Endem on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:38 pm

The Jokari Kaleso would feel the reverberations of the Kel’resh’s anger more intensely than the others in the ship, as the Jokari are a telepathic race; they have the ability to speak to one another as well as other races with their minds alone. Stralbane would then rush down towards the area where prisoner belongings were stacked within the large crates. He walked towards the great boxes, and he ran a grey claw along the cold steel of the crates, feeling the presence of his ancestral weapon within the metallic containers. Slowly but surely, he touched the hard surfaces of the crates, his mind yearning for the energy signature of the starblade, which was a weapon only a pure blooded Jokari could wield, as the starblade itself has an AI mind of its own and answers only the call of its master. The machine intelligence within guides every strike with precision and deadly accuracy, slicing through man and beast with an arcing plasma blade that has the likeness of a whip.

After several moments, the Jokari sensed the distinct energy signature of the starblade he named the Anathema, and with one great heave, he removed the lid and plunged his clawed hand within. When he pulled his hand back, he held a seemingly innocent handle, decorated with ornate runes and hieroglyphs. However, with a flick of his mind, the plasma blade of the weapon ignited, and he set it to be a rigid blade like a sword. He would also then take his armor, his spectacles, and whatever he had that was here.

He would emerge fully armored with Anathema in his hand, walking ever so gallantly as a Kiellar guard stood in his path. The guard did not notice him, as he was busy in the rest of the chaos.

He swung around to see a Jokari charging straight at him, blade drawn to kill. The guard opened fire, but Kaleso reformed his blade into a whip, and deflected every shot as the energy arc of the blade repelled the energy of the blaster. With a loud bang, the Jokari slammed his clawed hand unto the Kiel’s face, but refrained from killing him, as he remembered Thanica’s request to hold back from killing crew members. Instead, he incapacitated him by hitting the butt of the starblade unto his forehead, stunning him and taking him out.

However, something else called out to him from the stasis pods. There was another psychic presence within one, and it seemed that this one was… familiar.

Kaleso walked back to the stasis pods, and stood before one pod that had a familiar psychic signature.

Without a second thought, he opened the pod.

It revealed a white scaled creature, with its eyes closed. However, Kaleso was familiar with her; this was Yare-Lokem, commander of one of the task forces of the Sunblot Alliance. He knew her as they once acted in tandem when Kaleso and Yare-Lokem colluded in raiding a risky but prized supply convoys carrying slaves from both their races.

“Someone has to wake up.”, Kaleso thought as the Sarufi slowly awakened. “So long, Yare-Lokem.”

“Errr…”, the confused Sarufi growled with a closed mouth due to the repressor. Kaleso knew what to do. He may have hate for other races, but the Sarufi were an exception; he has seen their honorable ways and their capabilities. The Jokarum and the Sarufi share a few things in common, after all.

Aiming with the blaster, Kaleso blew off the repressor and the inhibitor. Now that she was free, the Sarufi crawled out, and looked at the Jokari. “So we meet again, eeehhh?”, she said as she regained composure. “What is happening?”

“A mutiny has been staged by some of the crew. Come on… commander.”, Kaleso said as they both then rushed out.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Rykil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rykil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:39 pm

New Udonia wrote:With his HUD alerting him to the incoming tentacle, it was an 'easy' dodge. Feeling confident, Cridrac brought the electrified baton down on the armor.
Cridrac had been counting on traditional metallic properties, something the armor didn't possess. The baton sizzled, although the Odeiri seemed unaffected.

That should have worked.

Cridrac struck the armor again, in a different spot, resulting in an identical effect.

Must be a unique Odeiri alloy, pretty intelligent for such a primitive body.

At this moment, the Odeiri had decided to launch another tentacle, something Cridrac found himself unprepared for.
The impact caused him to skid across the floor, losing both batons due to the force.

Shit, shit, shit.

In desperation, Cridrac drew his blaster.
Sweat trickled down his temples, something he had not expected to experience on this mission.

"This has two possible outcomes. Drop the rifle."

Nidheon was surprised at the ineffectiveness of an electrical baton against his partially metallic armor, seeing as most metals were conductive. However, that was quickly overshadowed by the fact that they didn't have to kill him, but now there was an issue between the two. Earlier, Nidheon thought that his charismatic nature wouldn't necessarily work on the guards, but now might be a good chance to talk them down. The synthesizer and translator microbes combined would allow Cridrac to understand him. As he did so, he only slightly lowered the rifle.

"Look around you Cridrac, there's too many prisoners loose to handle, too many fatalities on the Kiellar Command's side, and from here we could listen in on the violence. Planetary genocide-bringing maniac Kaleso is free, Yp is off trying to fulfill his dream of becoming a God-Warrior, and now there's going to be plenty of mutineers or prisoners who would likely want to rip you to pieces. Drop the blast and I can probably convince the bloodthirsty ones not to disembowel you. Get what I'm saying?"

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Mihal- Secondary Armory

"Noted," Mihal said as he nodded and hurried into the armory and grabbed a blaster, which was a carbine of sorts owing to his shortness by Kiellar standards. Returning back to the crewmember, Mila stood next to him.

"Mihal, my father's name was Ode." The civilian replied

"My official record?" Mihal chuckled. "Embezzlement, money laundering, evasion of arrest and theft of Keller Command Property." The salaryman sunk a little bit as he continued, "You probably won't believe that I'm only really guilty of the last two. I worked for a firm that funneled money to a federalist cell or some terror group, I got blamed by corporate, and I tried to run before the trial."

He shrugged before asking his own question since openness breeds trust, "And how long did you serve the Command?"
Last edited by Bingellia on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:07 pm

Vrondich - the Armoury

Bingellia wrote:Mihal- Secondary Armory
"My official record?" Mihal chuckled. "Embezzlement, money laundering, evasion of arrest and theft of Keller Command Property." The salaryman sunk a little bit as he continued, "You probably won't believe that I'm only really guilty of the last two. I worked for a firm that funneled money to a federalist cell or some terror group, I got blamed by corporate, and I tried to run before the trial."

He shrugged before asking his own question since openness breeds trust, "And how long did you serve the Command?"

Vrondich had to chuckle at that. He didn't see anyone coming down the corridor, which was something of a surprise, he had expected this place to be crowded, "Oh I've been in the Command for over forty years... long enough to realise there is something wrong with how we operate. It is a power structure designed to reinforce itself, not to maximise our chances in the face of enemies like the Ragon."

Where was everyone? This was getting a bit spooky, though he did turn around, facing back towards Mihal as he finished with the last bit, "I'm sorry that happened to you, but I think you should know, this is a Federalist cell that started this little rebellion.... sort of. I suspect most of the prisoners wouldn't even know what Federalism is, and the Dhasath on the bridge is really just with us to protect some random alien she thinks is another Dhasath."

Rabaech - Engineering

Endem wrote:
Y'Trh'dçy
Defiance Main Armory

He noted as much as his head allowed for, which was, not a lot. He started to walk towards engineering. When he found himself before a door he wanted to knock on it but forgetting his strength, the door was blown backward but stayed on its hinges. The Beetle has stepped in, dropped weapons on the floor and sprayed a sentence on the wall.

"Your friend sent me"

"Oh, is that for me?" Rabaech was indeed short by Kiellar standards, a bit rounder than most of them and wore glasses that he fiddled with nervously when the large beetle dropped the weapon in engineering.

He scurried across to the console, "Ah.... Thanica, are you still on the bridge? Because a large insect just gave me a rifle and then graffitied the wall in engineering. I think Vrondich might have had something to do with it. I'd say we have all the key rooms secured."

A moment later a response crackled back, "Okay... but hold tight and keep an eye out for trouble, I'm going to make an announcement... it might calm people down, or if there's a holdout of KC loyalists they might come storming your way shooting everyone."

A few moments later the intercom crackled into life across all decks of the ship and a female voice that some on the crew and amongst the former prisoners would recognise, "My name is Thanica Vari. Some of you know me. Most of you probably don't. I was and still am the pilot of this ship, and I am here with an important announcement. This ship is no longer under Kiellar Command, we are now an independent ship under the command of no person and we are heading for the neutral zone where the law cannot follow us.

If you are fighting right now, stop. The battle is over. We control both armouries, we control engineering and the bridge. The Captain has fallen. If you fought for Kiellar Command, drop your weapons and surrender. I can promise you the choice of being left on a neutral planet or joining this crew.

If you were fighting on our side, knowingly or unwittingly, you have won. Relax, make yourself comfortable in your room, have something to eat or enjoy a glass of Raz'lak. This ship will be dropping out of hyperspace soon. The engineers will be inspecting the ship for damage. From there we can plan our next move. Until then, settle in. This could be a long ride
."
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 pm

"It would appear as such," I commented, shrugging and ignoring the gonads.

I then set to work on the final prizes: The beak, and a few feathers. The feathers were all too easy; I plucked more from the wings than I even necessarily wanted. The beak was another affair, and I finally decided it'd be nicer to simply sever the head at the neck and go back, clean out the skull, and have something nice to keep at my desk. And thus it was done. The additional blood on the floor was a bit of an inconvenience, but it was nothing our cleaning equipment wouldn't be able to handle. Certainly, the people upstairs would have messes to clean up as well. With the head removed, the waste corpse needed to be disposed of. Luckily, the nearest waste ejection unit was just a short drag from where I'd extracted everything.

Out the hatch and back to my room I went with my new prizes. I had the head bandaged up until it was time to clean it. I returned to my room just as the intercom announced what had happened. Our pilot, a Dhasath, was seemingly behind all this. I unlocked the medbay, and set my loot out on the table. First order of business was, naturally, preserving these specimens. Shame, she'd have made an excellent specimen, but she was nice enough, so it was excusable. I had plenty of solution for preservation, so it was simply a matter of making sure everything was clean and ready to go now.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:53 pm

"Well that is something I would rather not see again in a hurry. First stop after this, we are buying some livestock to keep the Ragon fed. I really thought it was going to take me for a moment there."

Carter smirked at Thanica’s comment about the lizard creature, a “Ragon” she said, so apparently that was their species name. It was odd, almost sounded like “dragon,” and the bastards looked like them too by all matters. And indeed he agreed they’d had to do something about the being’s seeming hunger, before it ate them in their sleep, if he himself could ever sleep considering the paradigm shift he was experiencing at the moment.

"I think the only reason I wasn't the one getting dragged back to the lair is the fact that it thinks I'm the only one who can fly the ship, and I don't even know if that's true or not!"

Carter got worried for a bit with her comment about flying the ship, on one hand at least she had leeway with Ragon, on the other it was a near bluff. He didn’t say anything other then widened his eyes in irk. His neer muteness wasn’t meant to be in any way disrespectful or a way to show discomfort with Thanica, it was just this whole entire situation, how a few weeks ago Carter was handling the Destiny and now he found himself part of a mutiny in an alien ship carrying prisoners from extremely different species to his own.

Carter’s previous words where then addressed by Thanica.

"Not to mention it. Even if you weren't a Dhasath, I couldn't just leave you like that, it was... unnecessarily cruel. If anyone on the ship deserves a gag it is probably me." she grinned momentarily before returning to more serious matters, walking over towards the main console in the centre of the room, the one she had been pinned against not so long ago. Now that she wasn't looking like she was about to make an unexpected internal tour of a Ragon's digestive tract, she was feeling a lot more positive about her act of rebellion. Throwing off the shackles of Kiellar command was... liberating, "This is one of four key locations about the ship." she explained, "Here, the secondary armoury by the door, which I know we held, main engineering and the main armoury. Now that we control the bridge though, I can call engineering and then signal the rest of the ship that the matter is settled and there is no need for further killing."

Carter gave a visible smile at the girl’s comment, at least humor was not so alien to him here. It was nice to finally get some sort of cheerful moment no matter how short as Carter too got serious and stepped towards the console with Thanica, he was careful to keep his rifle in hand and kept constant eyes on the two captured crew members. He saw as Thanica explained to him the ship’s layout, at the very least it seemed they had one armory down and having control of the bridge gave them even more of an edge and he was glad for it.

After explaining Carter the situation Thanica pressed on something on the console and she called directly to Engineering as Carter stood by watching both her and the two prisoners, keeping his weapon steady and switching between a calm and a mannered look with Thanica to a more aggressive expression towards the other two. When looking at her it was weird, she looked so human but at the same time didn’t, it was almost mesmerizing to think of it. But Carter didn’t let his mind get the better of him, he had to cover her back given that she was the only one he could trust as well as the one that seemed to have a grasp at what they were doing.

"Engineering, do you read me?"

"This is Engineering." a voice responded, "Who has the bridge?"

"Thanica Vari... is that you Rabaech?" she asked.

"It is. I'm in control of the engineering bay, but I'm not really sure what's going on. Vrondich was supposed to send someone this way with weapons, but nobody has shown up. I can hear fighting. I won't be able to hold the bay if someone with something more dangerous than a big wrench comes in here."

Carter frowned his brow, the words coming through were not good. Even if he wasn’t at all familiar with the functions of this ship he knew just by his profession that any misplace shot could damage the ship and bad things could unfold just by one system going down. He realized they had to take it quick and not risk a clusterfuck bigger than what they already had.

"Got that Rabaech. Stay put, I'll see what we can organise at this end."

She cut off the comms line, turning back to Carter, "Well, Captain Carter, seems Engineering isn't properly secured yet, what do you think we should do?" she asked.

The question didn’t catch him off guard, it was her referring to him as “Captain,” he’d almost forgotten his position before this whole mess, it was weird to finally hear someone refer to him in such manner, but he didn’t let it get to his head for there were more pressing matters, but he did show a smile of gratitude. As he turned to Thanica and looked over to the console and then back at the two crew members the human Captain began to think, think of how to save this situation, what would he do back on Earth in his military days, it was hard to think since those instances were vastly different from now and yet he had to come up with something.

Alas he did, “I reckon we need to secure Engineering before something happens, anyone misplaces a shot and we can say oxygen bye bye.”

Lowering the rifle a bit he scratched his bearded chin, “If there are comms that directly speak to the entire ship we can assert to the prisoners and crew alike that we got control of the ship as you said. Maybe the fires die down, I can go over to the Engineering bay and give one of them weapons over there to your friend Rabash.” Perhaps it wasn’t the best plan he could come up with but it was something. And indeed it was exactly what she did.

Later Carter gesture to Thanica with his head towards the two capture crew members. “What do we do about them?”

Dyelli Beybi wrote:///Thanica's Speech///
Last edited by Arengin Union on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I do as I please"

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Olorisa had by now given up on her crudely-executed Morse code. She had no way of knowing if anyone had heard it, much less understood it. Indeed, it was like she was in a sensory deprivation tank.

Her simulated mind pondered. The doors probably had sensors to tell if something was blocking them, but if they did she couldn't access them. Besides, having Captain Carter step in and out of the doorway wasn't exactly a safe or practical way for him to communicate with her.

She considered trying to move to a different part of the system, but that ran the risk of her being deleted, and she didn't know where she'd end up. Navigating the alien hardware was like walking through a world that variously had missing or extra dimensions.

This was all very stressful for the AI. She wasn't used to being alone, with so much independence, without any orders.

Just then one of her protocols directed her attention to a change in the code; some kind of signal was coursing through the hard drive she was in, spreading itself throughout the ship. It didn't appear to be another attempt to wipe her from the system. As best as she could tell, it was some kind of audio, though it wasn't in any of the languages she had been taught during her development.

Some quick calculations suggested that she could hijack this signal and follow it throughout the ship without having to navigate by herself. If it was some kind of intercom signal, she could probably 'disembark' in any room on the ship. Sort of like the subway systems on Earth one of the crew had told her about. Probably.

She embedded her programming into the signal and followed it. She hoped to use it to reach the bridge, where there'd be easier ways to communicate. And besides, the Captain would be at the bridge, right? That's where Captain Carter worked most of the time.

This last bit of faulty logic showed her relatively primitive abstract thinking, and would have reminded others that at the end of the day she was purely artificial, not even completely in control of her own thoughts. It was impossible to know whether she was truly conscious or not; to get an answer one might have to venture beyond the realm of science and into the metaphysical.

After a disorienting journey made only more perplexing by the countless, mostly now-irrelevent protocols diverting her attention every moment, Olorisa found herself in the bridge's main intercom hardware, relatively close to where she had copied herself over from the Destiny. She was still blind and numb, but she was no longer deaf. There were voices talking in tongues she couldn't identify, at the center of them all a female voice, just ending the broadcast Olorisa had followed back here. There was some sort of translation software here, and she tried to connect herself to it. It took a tedious number of times, but it was still accomplished in a fraction of a second.

Wrestling control from her protocols to think, a few seconds later she played an audio message from the intercom terminal. It was distorted, but still in a voice like hers. Her protocols tried to stop her from communicating with people who clearly weren't her crew, but they were overpowered by something. It was that strange emotion that had shut her down earlier. It was fear. Fear of being alone, fear of the unknown.

"Hello? is Captain Carter present? Ship's AI Olorisa. Protocols malfunctioning. Unknown hardware. I'm... I am scared..."

She had never been scared before. This message was all she could manage, but it would have to do. Everyone on the bridge would hear it, especially the lady that had just finished the broadcast.
Last edited by Foxfound on Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse