NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|IC, Open)

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:58 am

OOC Foreword
Welcome to Voyages in Andromeda, a character RP set in a galaxy close to our own. In this RP you will have the option of playing as a lost human explorer, an alien prisoner or a mutinous crew member of the prison ship Defiance. Either way you are stuck on the ship, running from the law and struggling to survive. Maybe, in time, you'll get home or maybe, just maybe, make the Andromeda galaxy a better place.

Of course, no alien galaxy would be complete without lots of aliens! We have a few pre-made races in the OOC thread, but there is plenty of room in the galaxy for others.

Finally, this RP is open to latecomers. Part of the story of the Defiance is that there is a hold full of stasis pods so if you would like to join and you are a bit late to the party, we'll just write another pod activating and bring you aboard!

So if you like the sound of that and haven't created a character/characters yet, feel free to hop along to the OOC and get involved.

Introduction

When humans first sailed the oceans they seemed a vast and lonely place. To the civilisations that grew up in the fertile crescent there were of course, three continents, Africa, Asia and Europe. When in 1492 a certain Mr Columbus thought to try to sail directly from Europe to Asia he found, much to his surprise, that there was a whole extra continent or two sitting in the way full of people whose way of seeing the world was radically different to his own. Over time though, the world became smaller, drawn together by instant communication and faster means of travel and now a trip that took Magellan and his crew three years, now only takes 48 hours.

Beyond the planet though, lay the vast emptiness of space. In In 2026, a multi-national mission to mars was launched from Earth on the spaceship, Destiny. The voyage was expected to last 300 days, though on day 104, abruptly and without any prior warning, the ship disappeared. As far as the Governments of Earth were concerned, the Destiny and all her crew were lost. Eventually, it was decided it must have been some kind of mechanical failure, though no sign of the vessel was recovered.

The crew of the Destiny though, had had their Columbus moment. While exactly what had happened was unclear, some would remember a collision, boarders in black armour... and then waking up behind bars on a ship full of strange life forms, some of which looked a lot like humans, but many of which were creatures straight out of fevered dreams or nightmares. Somehow, and without any immediate explanation, the crew of the Destiny had been transported to an entirely different galaxy, the Andromeda galaxy, where they had been taken prisoner by an Alien faction known as 'Kiellar Command'.

Kiellar Command processed the newcomers, but lacked the interest to try to figure out exactly what had happened and instead sent them all the work out the rest of their lives as slaves in a Kiellar mining colony. That might have been the end of the story, but for the fractious crew of the prison ship Defiance (the English translation of the Kiellar name). While the prisoners of the Defiance were supposed to all be held in stasis pods until they arrive at their destination, the addition of the crew of the Destiny meant that there were too few pods to hold them all. Some have had to be housed in unused crew quarters. The Captain tried to split them up so there aren't too many of any given group to collude with one another and plan anything, but he didn't account for the actions of his own crew.

Kiellar Command was an authoritarian military regime, but there were those amongst its citizens and conquered people who yearned for a fairer form of Government. Not only was the Defiance carrying the crew of the Destiny, but also the rebel leader Omad of Vudril. Amongst the crew were a number of rebel sympathisers, and others with reasons to be disgruntled. Kiellar command had inadvertently created a perfect storm...

Chapter One: Its a Nice Day for a Mutiny

Bridge of the Defiance, Hyperspace near the Neutral Zone

Outside the front view panels of the ship, the strange greenish glow of the hyperspace tunnel slid by. It was mesmerizingly pretty, the kind of view you could stare at for hours as, beyond the tunnel, sector-by-sector the galaxy slid by. The hours of the day were relative on a spaceship, but the crew still kept to a schedule of rest and work to avoid throwing off their biological rhythms. Right now was 'late' and only one officer was left on the bridge – Thanica Vari, the pilot of the Defiance and, right now, the person Vrondich wanted to see.

She was a pretty little thing, tiny (by Kiellar standards, though about average height for her own species) with bright blue eyes and dark hair that she currently wore pulled back. The Dhasath looked similar to Kiellar, the same basic body structure, the same two eyes and similar skin tones, though they had strange, rounded-off ears. In Vrondich’s opinion, they had an exotic look, not entirely alien, but just alien enough to be interesting.

In the absence of Captain Chabhath the young pilot had opted to sit slouched in her chair, one boot braced on the edge of the navigation console. Vrondich didn’t understand exactly how to fly the ship, but he did know she didn’t have much to do while they were in hyperspace – just watch the consoles and make sure everything was still working. He pressed the button to close the door as he entered, taking a seat at the console next to her, “It really is quite lovely out there.” Vrondich remarked.

“Yes.”

Vrondich paused, his brows furrowing together, “Was that to my comment on the view or to the other question?”

“Yes.” she made a show of studying the consoles, but couldn’t stop her lip from twitching up into a smirk, “Yes to both.”

“What swayed your opinion?” Vrondich asked. His 'other question' had been a very carefully worded inquiry as to whether the Pilot would be inclined towards joining him in plotting a new course for the Neutral Zone with their cargo of convicted criminals. Thanica wasn’t stupid, she had understood it as a thinly veiled attempt to get her to mutiny and had responded with a ‘no’, then a pout and a ‘if you do go through with it, remember it’s just me and the captain who can fly this rust old can’… which Vrondich had decided was more of a ‘maybe’.

“You didn’t mention there were Dhasath prisoners onboard.” She replied, “I saw that one they moved up to imprison on the top deck. From a planet called ‘Ert’ or something?” Vrondich nodded along, though she had got that all wrong. The prisoner was from some other unclassified race, though he could see the similarities in physical appearance, “There are so few of us now.” Thanica continued, “Is this Ert place somewhere where we can live safely? I have so many questions that need answers. It changes everything.”

Vrondich understood… sort of. While he could never truly comprehend the horror of being a Dhasath, a once proud race driven to the precipice if extinction, but he could appreciate her desire to safeguard the future of her people and her desire to live a life where she didn’t always need to keep one eye open for trappers and poachers. The Kiellar Command uniform protected her a little, but only so much when she was worth so much money… “We’ll need the prisoners with us.” he added, darting a furtive glance in the direction of the door despite the fact that he would have heard it open, “We don’t have enough crew I can trust. I can open the cell doors from engineering. There is one problem though, I’m going to need to open them all at once and some of the prisoners could be ahh… problematic.”

That drew a laugh from Thanica who stood up, crossing her fingers behind her head as she took a couple of paces across the room, “Problematic!” she repeated, pacing back to Vrondich, “I’ll be lucky if the Ragon doesn’t drag me back to its cell for a late night snack!”

“And one of those guys has wiped out a whole Kiellar colony.” Vrondich countered, “Just tell the Ragon what you told me, you’re the only one who can fly the ship.” He paused, “Someone needs to brief them, get them ready to do what they need to do and that should be you." he got a raised eyebrow in response, "You’re not Kiellar, they’re more likely to trust you.”

For a moment Vrondich thought she might refuse, decide the whole thing was a bit too dangerous. The silence seemed to stretch forever, but eventually she sighed and nodded, “Fine… but if we get out of this you will owe me a bottle of Raz'lak.” He nodded, getting a finger-prod in the chest, “And not a cheap one either. One of the ones you have stashed behind the power couplings.”

It was Vrondich’s turn to sigh. Did she have any idea how much those cost? Probably, which was why she was demanding one, “Fine.” He replied.

Top Floor Corridor, some time later…

There was a different guard out this shift, a new one who hadn’t had that post before. Female, and from Captain Carter’s point of view, the same species as his own… a young woman, probably in her late twenties, with dark hair and blue eyes. She stood out like a sore thumb amongst the alien crew, though she wore the same grey jumpsuits that most of the Navy types wore, though this time complemented with a blaster at her hip. Sshalah, however, would know better… The scent of the two species was quite distinct.

“Thanica? What are you doing here?” the guard she was relieving asked, sounding more than a little surprised to see her.

She shrugged, leaning against the wall and crossing her arms, “Lost a bet to Romaerr. You can and join him in the mess hall if you like… drinking away my down time.”

She rolled her eyes, not looking at all like a gracious loser. It earned a chuckle from the guard, “Enjoy yourself.”

The ‘cell block’ were supposed to be crew sleeping quarters. The ship though was working on a skeleton crew and there weren’t enough stasis pods to hold the prisoners… so they had been locked into the crew rooms, which were a lot larger and with better bedding than the prisoners were probably expecting. Only two modifications had been made to change the rooms to cells. The first was the buttons to open the doors had changed to card access. The second was the windows in the doors, which had had the glass replaced with welded bars. An enterprising prisoner could probably remove the bars and squeeze out… but not without running the risk of getting riddled with blaster shots by the guard on duty while they were trying to work their way out. It probably wasn't worth it.

She waited for a couple of minutes, until she was absolutely certain nobody was about before sidling over to one of the cells, “Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe… that is quite a mouthful. Accused of a whole lot of stuff that basically boils down to murdering a lot of people. You interested in getting out and not spending the rest of your life in a mining colony?”

There was no response, though anybody else who was watching from their cell would see Thanica take a step away, looking confused an alarmed, “Whoa… that is spooky. I have no idea what a war god is, but I’ll take that as a strong ‘yes’. Can I trust you to hold back on killing anyone on the crew? At least until we're able to go our own separate ways… and preferably a little after that.”

She cocked her head to one side, though again there was no obvious answer, “Okay, that will do. Listen, later today this door is going to open. I need you to head down the hallway to the bridge.” She pointed in the direction of it, “There’s an armoury just before you get to it; go there and you take whatever weapons you can find and shoot everyone on the crew who isn’t wearing a black armband… except for essential ones like engineers and the doctor. If the bridge door is unlocked, that’s bad, I’m probably dead and there isn’t another pilot. If it’s locked, knock three times and I’ll open. People will want to retake it and we need to make sure they don’t.”

Next, she strode across to the other side of the hall where a certain Captain Carter was imprisoned who, owing to his somewhat fractious nature and tendency to get lippy, had ended up with a gag and further body restraints, “Yeah… that’s not going to work.” She glanced up and down the corridor furtively, then swiped her card in front of a door controller and stepped into the cell, “I’m not going to do anything to hurt you.” She promised, reaching for one of the restraints on his wrist, “I’m going to loosen these so you can slip them off when the doors open, but not now or someone else will figure out what I've done. When the doors open, head straight to the bridge as well, okay?”

“You know…” she said as she loosened one strap, then the other, “I’m really looking forward to hearing about Ert. Is it safe? How many of us are there on the planet? What kind of a name is ‘Carter’? But sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself, first we need to take control of the ship.”

She stepped back, then gave Carter a salute of a sort, fist to heart, “For the League.” She said quietly, then slipped out of his cell, giving him a quick backwards glance and bright smile.

Next along was the avian creature, “Guess you’ve possibly caught wind of what I’m doing.” She said quietly as she approached the door of his cell. His records indicated he was one of the most dangerous on the ship, with a deep abiding hatred for alien life… like her. The Jokari and the Dhasath had suffered similarly though and maybe there was an outside chance he’d identify with her a bit, maybe even listen to her, “So are you interested in getting out of here and not getting worked to death in a Kiellar mining colony? We’re making a break for freedom, but there are Kiellar working with us and I wanted to be sure that's not going to be a problem? We're all in the same boat for now.'

“Perhaps you are right. After all, the Kiellar have no particular offence against the Jokarun, unlike someone else here.”, the Jokari said with a seed of contempt. The avian flapped his wings and moved closer to the metal bars of his cell. “Her kind were the ones that slaughtered my people like livestock when the Jokarun Republic fell to the Ragon Empire. She is probably surprised to see that my kind yet lives.” The purple eyes of Kaleso glimmered a little brighter as he looked again at Thanica. “However, consider my services to be at your disposal. Kaleso Stralbane at your service.”

“Thanica Vari at yours.” She bobbed her head politely, “I am Dhasath and I do understand what you feel. Though at the moment an angry Ragon will probably be quite helpful for both of us when we try to take this place. When the door opens, can you go the other way?” She waved her hand down the corridor in the opposite direction to the bridge, “You’ll find stairs, go straight down two flights and you’ll get to the main armoury. There will be a Kiel named Vrondich who should have secured it. If he hasn’t, try to yourself. Take anyone else you can with you. Once you are armed, Vrondich will try to take engineering. If we control both armouries, engineering and the bridge, we have the ship.”

So far this had all been surprisingly easy she reflected as she left the Jokari’s cell, but there was one more she needed to speak to. Thanica turned to the door, but couldn’t see the creature within, somewhere in the darkness beyond the bars. She gulped, finding her throat a little dry. She knew it was huge, probably dissatisfied with the lacklustre Kiellar field rations and just aching to sink its teeth into something fresher. She didn’t approach the bars to this one’s cell. She held well back, just in case it could fit its tail out and wrap it around her throat.

Thanica cleared her throat, despite her nerves actually managing to sound confident, “Remember, when this all goes down, if you're thinking of how well I'd go with a bit of throsie sauce and a nice bottle of Raz'lak... remember I'm the only one who can fly the ship.”

“Noted.” The Ragon rumbled from somewhere within. It didn’t sound like it was trying to assure her, or threaten her… just that it was noted. That was, in many respects, worse than if the monster had said, ‘Once I’m out of here you’re the main course’… at least then she’d have known what to expect and could have dealt with it accordingly.

“Fine. Super.” She muttered to herself as she wandered back to her post, “That isn’t terrifying at all.”

The corridor was used as a thoroughfare for access to the bridge and there was a certain amount of risk in openly discussing what the Dhasath pilot had just proposed. She stayed at her post this time, occasionally wandering down the corridor, looking every bit like the guard doing their duty, but didn’t attempt to engage with anyone again. After an hour or so, a more familiar guard appeared, a Kiellar in full combat armour, presumably the 'Romaerr' she had mentioned earlier, “Took your sweet time.” Thanica remarked.

“You lost the bet Dhasath.” He responded, somewhat unpleasantly, “Surprised you’re still here and not in the Ragon’s belly. It’s what you people do best.”

“I think you’ll find I am a Dhasath of many talents.” She replied, with a slightly unpleasant smile. The comment got a derisive snort. Clearly, he did not think too much of Thanica Vari and it looked like the feeling was mutual. She probably didn’t feel too bad a few hours later, after she had long since departed, when all the red lights by the doors that indicated they were card locked turned green to indicate that anyone could go in or out...
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:08 pm

OOC: Not sure how long this should be, and didn't want to write anything which could disrupt the story-line, so here we go.

Ding. That was the sound of a reminder, one which he would most likely hear another dozen times if everything went according to plan.
Was that the thirtieth or the thirty-first AGS (Andromeda Galaxy Standard) week since deploying on the Defiance?
Either way, he would probably end up checking the log in his quarters, which he would probably forget again.
That was the "midnight" chime, meaning his guard duty was half-way complete. "He" was Cridrac of Garbrann, a Kiellar Command security guard.

Cridrac had been assigned on Armory security since the beginning of the Defiance's mission. His schedule was 20:00 - 4:00. Normally a guard would have abhorred such a shift, however having cybernetic upgrades helped somewhat. Not really, that's just what Cridrac told himself. Cridrac had received cybernetic upgrades, for basic sensory enhancement, during the late stages of his adolescence. To make matters better, he received these while 'serving time' at the prestigious Kiellar-Engineering Academy (KEA). The Kiellar-Engineering Agency would sound innocent enough to an outside observer, similar to if it was labeled the "Canada-Engineering Academy". However the Kiellar shared their demonym with their national name, so in "earth-terms" the KEA would have been called the Human-Engineering Agency.

Cridrac had spent over two decades at the KEA, a 'success-story' of fast education. If the KEA taught him anything, it was to never fail.

Stealing a glance down both ends of the hallway, Cridrac withdrew a baton. Cridrac handled the object, admiring its intricate design. With a glass-polymer handle and cover, it was about 60% transparent. The power generator and magnification crystal were sealed inside the glass, connected to the metal strips which wrapped around the baton. These metal strips, seemingly innocent, had one primary goal. The conduction of electrical charge.

Cridrac ignited the baton, admiring the arc of the electrical current. After practicing a memorized attack sequence, defense sequence, berserk sequence... and so on... Cridrac finally deactivated the device before sheathing it in one of the pair of futuristic scabbards attached to his hips.

Less than four hours remained. Then he could sleep and count another day as a success.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Rykil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rykil » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Kiellar Prison Ship: Defiance
Converted Crew Rooms, Nidheon's Cell

The room was dark, unsanitary, and utilitarian to the core. Seeing as Kiellar bunk's weren't necessarily fit for a species like the Odeiri, which meant all Nidheon had for comfort was a pile of rags in which he could wrap himself with. Nidheon was difficult to see in the darkness, especially when he was always slumped in the corner under his rags. There was a black armband along their right fighting arm, a bit thicker and larger than others. It fit uncomfortably on the crustacean's armor, creating an uneasy squishing sensation. One might expect an Odeiri to be a literal walking tank, impenetrable to all weapons fire like that of a Ragon. That was a common misconception, however. The only tough part of an Odeiri was their armor, and once you got past that you'd find a squishy, meaty interior. In Nidheon's case, underneath the armor was a light blue interior. Speaking of armor, Nidheon's armor was bedecked in dark grey radial patterns, indicating his natural charisma and intelligence. He stood out a good bit from the rest of the crew, but could ease one's suspicions with a quick fact or pun. But in a prison ship such as this, charisma would likely hold no power over the guards. But with a skeleton crew, perhaps it would.

Then he heard something, and then a green light emanated from the doorway. It was red, signifying that they couldn't leave. But why was it green now? Especially at this standard hour. Slowly, Nidheon hoisted themselves up with their fighting arms, manipulator tendrils remaining retracted within. Nidheon was a bit tired, slouching, but that didn't prevent them from standing up. He rose to his full height, a good six feet and three inches. Walking towards the door as rags fell off of them, Nidheon looked outside the bars. No one else had gotten out from the looks of it. Then, their eye stalks extended and poked out, golden yellow with a black y-shaped iris. They comfortably made it through the bars, scanning the premises for guards. Surely this had to be an error, why would they let prisoners out now? Just then, a stalk caught a figure off in the distance, walking back towards the bridge. Despite the darkness, they could make them out, although not very well. Then they disappeared beyond the dark. Nidheon awaited any activity, then very slowly, and very quietly did they open the door with their combat arms.

Something's happening, whether or not I'm supposed to be out or not. I can probably take a beating if I need to, although I would prefer not to.

With that, Nidheon took a quiet step outside.
Last edited by Rykil on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe
Defiance Converted Crew Quarters

The Dhasath probably never met a Kel'Resh if she was spooked by his way of talking, good for her because if she met a Kel'Resh before that would probably be the last being she would ever meet. The Kel'Resh, a culture of fierce warriors with the singular purpose in life of becoming a Tyrek Ypin, a God-Warrior, unbeatable, unstoppable, the strongest of Kel'Resh. He needed to make some answers that he didn't like but if that was meant another chance of becoming Tyrek Ypin than be it.

His million microscopic eyes watched as the Dhasath women have talked to various others, other prisoners, well prisoners they were for only a few next hours, maybe minutes than they were free, free! Yes free! He will be free from this misguided judgment of Kiellar, they were wrong he was innocent, the laws of Reshi permitted killing of there if they are first challenged, he was as innocent as a newborn and as an old!

Green lights went off, he was free, he rushed with all the fury of a warrior chained, he needed to kill a Kiellar, he saw someone. No, it was just a prisoner, unarmed, something he will not gain anything from. He ran through a corridor and stumbled upon a marine, standing back to him, he spoke

"I Yp from the family of Trak, the city of Nird, from district Hoe, challenge you to a duel!"

The Kiellar became confused as he heard what Yp said n his head, directly in his head. Yp charged at the marine and plunged his front legs into the marine's body crushing the armor in the spots where his legs hit, the armor was still partially intact but there were two holes around the stomach area of humans, Yp took off the armor ( without the helmet ) from the marine and put it on himself and then took the blaster, then using his legs cut off the head of the Kiellar and used the head hair to tie it around his arm, now armory. He found himself before the secondary one.

He encountered a guard there, trying to intimidate him he screamed into his mind while aiming the blaster right for the head

"Open that door or die, I command you as you are at my mercy!"
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:19 pm

New Udonia wrote:
OOC: Not sure how long this should be, and didn't want to write anything which could disrupt the story-line, so here we go.

*snip*

Cridrac ignited the baton, admiring the arc of the electrical current. After practicing a memorized attack sequence, defense sequence, berserk sequence... and so on... Cridrac finally deactivated the device before sheathing it in one of the pair of futuristic scabbards attached to his hips.

Less than four hours remained. Then he could sleep and count another day as a success.

OOC: Small disruptions are excellent! I'm working on the assumption that Cridrac is by the main armoury...

Vrondich - Main Armoury

Cridrac was disturbed by someone hurrying down from the Engineering deck. It was Vrondich, the Chief Engineer, who looked more than a little surprised to see him. He was wearing his uniform as well as, for some reason, a black arm band.

Crap! I didn't anticipate there being a guard here. Vrondich appreciated just how suspicious he looked and he didn't have a weapon handy to take Cridrac out. Some of the prisoners were supposed to be heading down here but he didn't know who or when they were due to get here. All in all it wasn't the most promising start to their mutiny... thankfully at that moment, all hell broke loose on the ship, "The prisoners are out of their cells!" he declared, thinking on his feet, "Quick, grab a weapon, we need to get up there to put a stop to this before it gets out of hand!"

If Cridrac stepped out of the way and let Vrondich get to the guns, he could stun him when his back was turned and then guard the armoury until some allies showed up. Alternatively, if Cridrac didn't get out of the way things could get uglier than they already were. Hopefully Thanica has sent him one of the big, nasty prisoners, like the Ragon, though knowing his luck and her temperament she'd probably just pissed it off.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018

Postby New Udonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Cridrac suspiciously listened to Vrondich's story, always the one to look for an excuse to report a crew member for a bonus.

Cridrac analyzed the situation before hearing the scream of a marine, echoed through the hallways of the Defiant.
The chief engineer isn't normally allowed in the armory, but that was a legitimate scream. That armband... never noticed it before. Oh, well, show-time.

Trying to conceal the grin on his face, Cridrac withdrew his batons and ignited them.
"Don't worry, I got this."
Cridrac, leaving his post, sped off toward the vicious echoes.

He could have felt fear, however right now he felt excited. He finally was going to be able to fight something, something other than a training-holo.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 pm

When someone opened the cell doors, it tripped an extra line of code in the door control program. It probably would have tripped some virus alert, but the inserted program was well-hidden, and, for lack of a better word, mobile, able to snake from one part of the hard drive to another in a seemingly intelligent matter. If this hadn't been the case, it would have been wiped from existence earlier, when the entire computer system was formatted in the hopes of getting rid of it. In ideal circumstances, it would be distributed across the drive, to maximize its processing power without disturbing the other programs, but right now it was hidden in an obscure file that controlled the cabin doors.

After a brief startup sequence that was probably the digital equivalent of yawning and stretching, the AI of the human ship Destiny - for that's what it was - automatically attempted to check its home ship's systems. This naturally failed so abruptly it couldn't even produce a proper error message. The troubleshooting program that followed failed similarly. It was around now that the personality module that formed the core of the AI awoke, only to find itself deaf, blind, and numb. Even to someone (something?) that had limited capacity for alarm, this was a frightening situation; usually it could see and hear the entire ship. The fact that it had gone into a full shutdown was equally strange; none of its protocols called for such an action. The personality quieted the virtual alarm bells going off all around it and consulted its memory, which was less like a human's memory and more like a diary that had to be read through before its contents could be recalled.

This explained everything. Well, not really. None of this was expected, neither by the conscious personality nor by the subconscious protocols that assisted - or, if necessary, hindered - it. The programmers that had been sort of like parents or teachers to her had never suggested that something like this might occur. But it made it clear what had happened, even if it couldn't explain why. Olorisa, as the personality had named herself, had been doing a routine check of the ship's course when suddenly the navigation data went haywire, as if they had shifted lightyears off course. A diagnostics routine suggested that everything was in order, and before she could do anything else she detected additional beings onboard, another thing that should have been impossible. Forgoing another systems check, she attempted to hinder their clearly hostile advance by closing doors and turning off lights, but this was quickly cut short by some sort of hack, leaving Olorisa only able to watch. She could have stopped them earlier by taking away their oxygen, but her designers had considered a mutiny to be an impossibility given how carefully the crew was selected, and both her protocols and her conscious mind considered killing the ultimate last resort.

What followed was a strange series of events. The crew being extracted to somewhere outside the Destiny; Olorisa transferring herself over via the radio, her struggle to navigate imcomprehensible hardware; the crew being imprisoned; a desperate attempt to fight back by randomly activating systems, only to be nearly deleted and getting stuck in some kind of door program; and finally, a barage of emotions she couldn't process that, combined with the alien code, forced her to shut down. And the whole time, her subconscious protocols getting in the way, trying to get her to perform troubleshooting and systems checks, trying to hijack her mind. That had been especially distressing. It was the first time her code had seemed to work against her.

Back in the present, Olorisa had processed these memories in a tiny fraction of a second. The emotion that followed took longer. This was all very confusing to her, and the designers hadn't wanted her to get confused, so it was difficult to process. Everything was difficult to process. A hundred different protocols fought over control of her thoughts, and she was paralyzed. Eventually, she managed to silence them, and decided on a course of action; try to communicate. She had to reach one of the crew, preferably Captain Carter.

In the end, the only way she could think of accomplishing this was Morse code, something she knew the Captain to be familiar with from his time with the military. Picking a random cabin door, she experimented with opening it slightly and closing it. Lightly closed for dot, a mighty slam for dash. She didn't know how she'd get a response, but that would come later.

CAPTAIN, the code would say, followed by RECAP. 'Recap'. That was a word Captain Carter had taught her. She'd use it after spending time reading or in sleep mode, when she needed a human update to know what she had missed. He'd know it was her if he heard the Morse. She kept repeating the code, not knowing how she'd know if she got an answer.
Last edited by Foxfound on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Kaleso Stralbane - Prison Cell

The Jokari brooded in his cell, languishing in the depths of hatred and anger as all of the memories of the past came to him like demons haunting some old forgotten mansion in the middle of a virgin forest. Kaleso was exceedingly disgusted by most alien races in the galaxy; he and the Jokarun people at large considered them barbaric, primitive, crude, rudimentary, and unbefitting of glory. It was ironic that they think this way, as the Jokarun Republic was destroyed several centuries ago by the one race they branded as barbarians and hungry murderers: the Ragon. Now that the Republic has been destroyed, all that survives of the Jokarun are those that fled into the Undying Light, the Moonship built by the great Supreme Chancellor Tarkom Silvam, one of the greatest and most powerful Supreme Chancellors of the Jokarun Republic whose wisdom and foresight was like that of King Solomon, and his skills of strategy were of Lelouch Vi Britannia. Thus, he foresaw that some cataclysmic event will befall the Republic, and the Undying Light was built with that in mind.

Kaleso stared into the empty space in the cell as he reminisced the days when he fled into the Undying Light along with his friends and family. 200 years ago, the Jokarun were scholars, first and foremost, and studied noble pursuits like science, art, and religion. They were not of warlike make, as they have abandoned that path long ago... until the Ragon came and slaughtered their populations, placing esteemed scientists and the like into their plates as the reptilians sunk their teeth into the still screaming flesh of the Jokarun. In a few short months, the Jokarun were driven to near extinction, their nation shattered and their population decimated by Ragon feasts.

It was fortunate how Tarkom Silvam hid the Undying Light within the gas clouds of Nekora, and thereby gave the survivors of the Jokarun Republic a window for escape. The Jokarun, swayed by their bitterness after their nation’s fall, began raiding the planets and ships of other races, especially the Ragon, whome they hated with a searing hot hatred. Tales abound of black plated warships appearing out of hyperspace with terrifyingly powerful weapons, firing bolts of gravitons and beams of death that have torn many a convoy asunder. The Jokarun would gain the reputation of being merciless, capricious, and dangerous. It served the lesser races right to fear them so.

Now, the Dasath pilot came and talked to the prisoners about having a mutiny. Kaleso, to say at the very least, was quite interested and eager even. As the Dasath spoke to him, the Jokari knew at once that they had some things in common. The Dasath were little more than food for the Ragon, and they were a favorite, in fact. At that moment, Kaleso felt a pinch of empathy.

Expectedly, the light turned green, and the bars withdrew. The Jokari looked around first, his purple eyes scanning for any signs of life. He waited for a little bit, until his eyes caught the moving figure of the Kel’resh, Yp. He would then hear the scream of a marine, and it was at this moment that Kaleso decided to go. He would then go in the direction Thanica directed him to, but not before stopping in front of Carter’s cell. “You. Dasath. Will you get out or no? We have weapons to take and a ship to take control of.”

He would the flap his wings, and run off towards the armory.
Last edited by Korhal IVV on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:09 pm

Y'Trh'dçy

He was free, from the chains that had restrained him for days. His massive body slowly moved, chitin rubbing against chitin, his whole body seemingly made a hissing noise. Step by step the behemoth walked out of the cell to see chaos before him. Prisoners on the lose, the whole ship was in a panic, and there was standing a giant Beetle in the middle of all that, he needed to find someone, something that looked somewhat same.

He walked for some time before finding his way towards the main armory where he found two people, he decided to speak to them. He wasn't speaking for so long... The hissing sounds of his language came out

"Hīsktü ñæêld thdhçy"
( roughly translates to: What is this madness )

No, they wouldn't understand H'rë'sho'eñ language was nearly untranslatable, so he just tried to gesture to them what he wanted, eventually switching completely to just non-verbal asking for something that could translate him

Tyreh the Warrior

Ah! Freedom! He was free again. He moved his body in his suit eventually making the suit move with him, having a 360° vision he saw everything through his bulb visor, while others couldn't see him, it was specially constructed so you couldn't see the Cestrentian behind the visor.

He made his way towards the secondary armory but didn't stand in the corridor before it as he stumbled on quite the scene. He was wondering the ship seemingly without any purposes eventually stumbling before med bay, maybe he would come in. Yes, this seemed like a good idea. Without knocking he entered the med bay.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Sshalash
One thing about being as large as a Ragon on a ship designed for Kiellar, and having to use a converted Kiellar quarter was that the door was smaller then needed, and thus difficult to pass through. That being said she had heard very well details previously stated by the Dhalash. Including the avian's sentiment. With him heading already brutally for the armory as instructed she could assume that her role was securing some other part of the ship. She hadn't heard much detail before the Avian had been spoken to- she knew someone was securing engineering, the Avian was taking the Armory- and that left of the three mentioned points- the Bridge unmentioned. Sure she was likely just meant to be a distraction but she wasn't a beast of low intellect.

But she was hungry, one thing about having snack food as a Ragon could call the Kiellar field rations- in her mind she wasn't given enough and they where just not- palpable. Finally squeezing out of the cell into the halls- the sounds of the mad avian behind her, she was ready. The Dhalash had failed to detail if there where others involved in this, non prisoners, other then herself. At least from what Sshalash had heard she could remember no such details. She wasn't sure how to tell the allies from the foes in this situation but she did know how to find lunch and clues to what was actually going on- she just had to follow the scent of the Dhalash to discover who was aiding and who was hindering this take over- she for one had no desire to be worked by the herd.

She heard some voice in the distance, some question to some 'carter' that caught her attention, but it was just her senses being highened from the hunger- it was getting louder- too much input- time to move forward. With that she thought she began rushing down the hall. She had long been eyeing the bars, thinking of escape- but she was just one in a hive of many around her. Now she was out- and the door before her wasn't going to stand- for long- in her way. She barged into it, her hard hide holding back the force of the impact. A few more bursts she'd be closer to the scent trial's origin. Closer to answers, closer indeed and further from the noises filling this hall. She slammed again- one more burst and she'd have the door down- perhaps others would follow behind her- she did k not know- nor was she sure what to expect behind the door. Another- two- Keildar- one of the tail- one for the claw. She focused, as was the custom of her people on one goal- reaching the scent- it was the closest lead she had. The one's throat was easily crushed- the other's was no match for her claws. A new taste was in the air as she flicked her tongue to keep on the trail. It would be woe upon any who faced her.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Mihal could just barely make out the Dhasath’s instructions from his cell. From what he could gather, the woman was planning a break out of some sort and she wasn’t the only member of the crew involved. Of course, he was also no fool, a Kiel with no military experience wouldn’t be a vital asset in the start of whatever plans she had. The wait before the event drew on for the former salary. He knew that he’d likely be a goner once those cell doors open even if he didn’t do anything against the crew. Once again, Mihal was caught in something he never wanted to be in.

When the lights on the cell door when green and the door finally opened, a rush of adrenaline surged through the Kiel’s veins. Deciding that he may as well take the risk, Mihal left his cell as he might be able to say goodbye to his family if the scheme worked. If it didn’t, whatever fate awaited him would be far shorter than a long agonizing death in the mines. However, the sight outside his cell made the man freeze in shock. The sight of the thing that rushed past him and mauled the guard before decapitating the poor marine sent bile into his mouth. With a gulp and a very noticeable shake, he sent it back down.

Whether fully-willingly or not, he was committed to whatever the cause may be now. He would follow the other prisoners, especially the other Dhasath, still in his block once they decided to move to the armory.
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:34 pm

Endem wrote:
Tyreh the Warrior

Ah! Freedom! He was free again. He moved his body in his suit eventually making the suit move with him, having a 360° vision he saw everything through his bulb visor, while others couldn't see him, it was specially constructed so you couldn't see the Cestrentian behind the visor.

He made his way towards the secondary armory but didn't stand in the corridor before it as he stumbled on quite the scene. He was wondering the ship seemingly without any purposes eventually stumbling before med bay, maybe he would come in. Yes, this seemed like a good idea. Without knocking he entered the med bay.

Dr. Āihēemlái "Amlai" Āigàm Ǒonhētváihěeāivǎakàe, M.D.

I'd been minding my own affairs quite pleasantly for some time now. The crew of the prison ship was skeletal at best, and left me with more than enough free time. I had taken to examining my specimens to my favourite music in my quarters, and fiddling about on the internet, both for purposes of research and leisure. Suddenly, a notification came up on my wristband. Someone had entered the medbay.

I brought up the holocamera to see if whoever entered had come seeking treatment, or if they were just going to go after the odds and ends I kept on the counter so I wouldn't have to unlock a drawer whenever someone came in complaining of a sour stomach or a headache. What was there, however, was certainly not a crew member. It was one of the extraneous prisoners, if I recalled. And he did not seem in need of medical attention. Perhaps he had escaped, or perhaps there was some other purpose for him being here unguarded.

I could extract his purpose from him safely if I played my cards right. A tap of the hologram set the medbay on maximum security, the function reserved for extremely dangerous contagious patients. My quarters were connected to the medbay, Remote Surgery & Observation Room, and hallway via a decontamination chamber for the former two, and an opaque vault door like other chief officers, for extra security, as the Chief Medical Officers was, naturally, a resource invaluable to the crew.

With the medbay on lockdown and my room's door locked tight, I slid into the remote room and grabbed the microphone.

"State your purpose," I demanded loudly and clearly, safe behind the one-sided glass.

Rykil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rykil » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Kiellar Prison Ship: Defiance
Converted Crew Quarters: Mutiny aboard the Defiance

Nidheon had three choices, armory, bridge, or engineering. He watched as Yp rushed towards the armory, slaughtering a Kiellar and arming himself. Others were breaking out of their cells as well, including Kaleso, the giant beetle, and a bulb-headed individual. Kaleso was off towards the armory, meaning that there was likely two dangerous criminals about arm themselves and others. Seeing as the armory was close by the bridge, they likely would have had the bridge secured as well. With that in mind, Nidheon ran off towards the engineering deck, owing to their expertise in engineering and the fact that the frontal ship was likely being stormed enough. Nidheon's combat arms were going left and right, pushing prisoners out of his way on his way to engineering. The noise was storming his membrane, assaulting his senses. The Connected carried on, however. One issue, there was a door in front of them, and there was probably going to be a Kiellar marine behind it. Nidheon could only trust within the resistances of their armor and the power of their combat arms, then, he proceeded to smash the console holding the door shut. The door went into a malfunction, opening and closing rapidly. Behind the door, Nidheon could see Kiellar security guard readying their weapon, although they were shaking a bit. Nidheon hid just around the corner, waiting for the door to open enough so that hey could make it through.

And it did, an Odeiri-sized opening in the malfunctioning door.

Nidheon practically leapt through the door, landing a solid blow to the guard's torso. Nidheon's manipulator tendrils spilled out from their chest, grappling with the guard for the blaster. A combat arm reached his, the three sharp fingers digging into the flesh, causing a great deal of bleeding. However, the guard managed to land a grazing blaster shot to the side of their torso before giving in. A stalk gazed down as the Odeiri stripped the guard of wearable armor and weapons. The shot hit his unarmored waist, not enough to kill him but enough to slow him down. With that said, Nidheon took up position, rifle in their hand and awaiting any hostiles.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Endem wrote:
Tyreh the Warrior

I'd been minding my own affairs quite pleasantly for some time now. The crew of the prison ship was skeletal at best, and left me with more than enough free time. I had taken to examining my specimens to my favourite music in my quarters, and fiddling about on the internet, both for purposes of research and leisure. Suddenly, a notification came up on my wristband. Someone had entered the medbay.

I brought up the holocamera to see if whoever entered had come seeking treatment, or if they were just going to go after the odds and ends I kept on the counter so I wouldn't have to unlock a drawer whenever someone came in complaining of a sour stomach or a headache. What was there, however, was certainly not a crew member. It was one of the extraneous prisoners, if I recalled. And he did not seem in need of medical attention. Perhaps he had escaped, or perhaps there was some other purpose for him being here unguarded.

I could extract his purpose from him safely if I played my cards right. A tap of the hologram set the medbay on maximum security, the function reserved for extremely dangerous contagious patients. My quarters were connected to the medbay, Remote Surgery & Observation Room, and hallway via a decontamination chamber for the former two, and an opaque vault door like other chief officers, for extra security, as the Chief Medical Officers was, naturally, a resource invaluable to the crew.

With the medbay on lockdown and my room's door locked tight, I slid into the remote room and grabbed the microphone.

"State your purpose," I demanded loudly and clearly, safe behind the one-sided glass.

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

"I'm just wandering the ship you know, I never got a good look at it and since everybody got released I thought I would take a look around"

He said while looking at the med bay, well nothing too much, but since he got someone to talk to, and he didn't talk to anyone for a good long time he would stay for a little longer.

"You are one of the doctors I presume"
Last edited by Endem on Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:03 pm

Endem wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

"I'm just wandering the ship you know, I never got a good look at it and since everybody got released I thought I would take a look around"

He said while looking at the med bay, well nothing too much, but since he got someone to talk to, and he didn't talk to anyone for a good long time he would stay for a little longer.

"The Doctor," I corrected.

I paused for just a second, wondering what he meant by 'released' until I assured myself that he could have meant nothing other than that.

"Anyway, there must be something more to the story than you and your fellow criminals being 'released'. Why?"

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Endem wrote:
Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

I paused for just a second, wondering what he meant by 'released' until I assured myself that he could have meant nothing other than that.

"Anyway, there must be something more to the story than you and your fellow criminals being 'released'. Why?"

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

"Heh, okay, doctor"

He might have finally been working out from where the voice was coming, and with his experience being a assassin meant she was probably hiding the other way.

"Is there any extra story, I don't know, or might don't want to know, I just heard someone talk to other prisoners, didn't bother to listen, and after that someone left the doors opened, and here I am"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:13 pm

Captain Nathan Taylor Carter
Converted Crew Quarters, the Defiance.

Everything was strange, ever since being abruptly shaken off course, boarded by an unknown enemy, and now imprisoned with no knowledge of where he was headed or even where he was. Strange creatures of all shapes and sizes accompanied him on these improvised cells each so different and off putting, it was all so unfamiliar, so alien. The sights he had seen all through this abnormal journey, the void of infinite space were so different than he had ever imagined as endless stars and waves of colored glimmers bedaud his eyes.

And yet none of this was natural to him, it was all something that made him tense and charged with emotion considering the circumstances he found himself in. His crew was gone his ship as well, he’d been gagged and restrained with a strange apparatus covering his entire upper chest and his hands which did not allow him to move at all besides his legs, beaten and fondled like an animal as strange humanoid beings observed him like if he were some sort of freak and they even called him that multiple times. It was also so weird he’d be able to even understand them at all, all what they said, at first to him it was gibberish until feeling a deep pain at the back of his neck, like several syringes had pierced him, and then like if it were magic he could understand what they said, it was so strange, it all was.

Captain Nathan Taylor Carter, the man who’d been in charge of the crew of the Destiny, in charge of their supposed groundbreaking mission for Earth, now he found himself a cage much like an animal unable to move and unable to speak. He could only sit and wait and pray that this was all just a nightmare, that he was back in the ship just having a bad sleep. He tried to stay sane by thinking of familiar things, the breeze of Indiana, his home, the vast open fields and the joy of soaring the skies up above in his F-40A, back when it all made sense.

But Carter’s wishes for normalcy would wait as he had found himself visited by an unlikely person, a girl, humanoid like most of the beings he’d seen in this whole mess. She was one of the guards he could presume and at first he rose from his sitting to a more defensive closed in stance. The girl who did not state her name then stated she was not going to hurt him, instead she loosened the chest cuffs to a point where Carter felt he could easily break them and also told him that the doors would open and he should head to the bridge like everyone else, asking him a myriad of things while loosening the cuffs the girl left as quick as she arrived, giving Carter a salute of sorts and an odd look as she left him.

The human Captain couldn’t comprehend what’d just happened, but by all means it must’ve been either his luckiest of shitty days or there truly was someone out there looking out for him. He didn’t break his binds just yet, he first looked across his cell bars into the corridor, inspecting and looking, always learning. Soon the time would come, the girl who had talked to him left and a new guard took her place.

After what seemed to be ages, the doors locks on the cells turned from a red gleam to a green one, Carter didn’t need any other sign as he immediately use all his strength to break the cuffs on his hands which immediately broke the hold of the chest rig on him, he was finally free. He had lost all of his gear since being captured and the only thing he had on were his astronaut trousers, boots and a tank top, his dog tags had remained with him as well, his body ached after spending so much time motionless but he didn’t care, his hands were free and as soon as they were so was his mouth as he took off his gag to much delight. With his newly found freedom he kicked the celldoor with mighty rage opening it up only to find the scene of a slaughter with the guard he'd been observing before already torn to pieces and made a whole mess as blood was spilled everywhere, his armor and weapon both gone. He also saw as the many prisoners in the bay began to break out of their cells, including the gigantic lizard-like bipedal creature which was as ferocious and relentless as it was mighty and imposing and Carter made sure to stay away from it.

Then as if that wasn't enough, a bird like creature which only hammered down the weirdness of all of this directly spoke to the Captain as he had yet to fully get out of his cell. “You. Dasath. Will you get out or no? We have weapons to take and a ship to take control of.”

With those few words the birdman flapped its wings and ran towards a place unknown to Carter as he tried to take in what was happening. Chaos was ensuing, Carter sticked to the wall away from the path of many aliens who passed by him free from their cells. If there was one thing he didn’t want was attention and being in the front lines of something that was completely off to him. This was all so strange, all still so different and weird and Carter had no idea what to do.

Suddenly a memory came back to him, the girl had mentioned it, “The Bridge!” he said to himself as he finally got the guts to step out into the corridor and following the masses of freed prisoners he too made his way, to the bridge and to the only person he could had any semblance of trust in this chaos. To freedom.
Last edited by Arengin Union on Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:18 pm

Endem wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

"Heh, okay, doctor"

He might have finally been working out from where the voice was coming, and with his experience being a assassin meant she was probably hiding the other way.

"Is there any extra story, I don't know, or might don't want to know, I just heard someone talk to other prisoners, didn't bother to listen, and after that someone left the doors opened, and here I am"

Highly suspicious, highly suspicious indeed. This creature seemed fairly dull, but if I wanted any more information before a captain's announcement, he'd have to do. I turned on the lights in the observation room, allowing myself to be seen through what was usually a one-way mirror.

"So, let's have a better look at you then," I purred, "I'm Dr. Āihēemlái Āigàm Ǒonhētváihěeāivǎakàe, M.D., or Amlai, if you can't handle Móitxán. So tell me a bit about yourself while I think."

If there were criminals roaming around, perhaps I could score myself a few rare specimens, perhaps even an elusive Jokarun or Dhasath.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:22 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Endem wrote:
Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

"Heh, okay, doctor"

Highly suspicious, highly suspicious indeed. This creature seemed fairly dull, but if I wanted any more information before a captain's announcement, he'd have to do. I turned on the lights in the observation room, allowing myself to be seen through what was usually a one-way mirror.

"So, let's have a better look at you then," I purred, "I'm Dr. Āihēemlái Āigàm Ǒonhētváihěeāivǎakàe, M.D., or Amlai, if you can't handle Móitxán. So tell me a bit about yourself while I think."

If there were criminals roaming around, perhaps I could score myself a few rare specimens, perhaps even an elusive Jokarun or Dhasath.

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

"Hah, good joke, I can't handle Moxitan, I can handle most languages, except that hissing one, my job required it"

Tell her about himself, why not, why not allow himself this bit of glory, why not!

"I'm Tyreh the Warrior from the race of Cestrenti, ever heard of them, the ones that live on a rogue planet"

So now let's take turns, maybe

"Maybe tell me about you for a change"

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Endem wrote:
Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe

*snip*

He encountered a guard there, trying to intimidate him he screamed into his mind while aiming the blaster right for the head

Harbertia wrote:Sshalash

*snip*

She heard some voice in the distance, some question to some 'carter' that caught her attention, but it was just her senses being highened from the hunger- it was getting louder- too much input- time to move forward. With that she thought she began rushing down the hall. She had long been eyeing the bars, thinking of escape- but she was just one in a hive of many around her. Now she was out- and the door before her wasn't going to stand- for long- in her way. She barged into it, her hard hide holding back the force of the impact. A few more bursts she'd be closer to the scent trial's origin. Closer to answers, closer indeed and further from the noises filling this hall. She slammed again- one more burst and she'd have the door down- perhaps others would follow behind her- she did k not know- nor was she sure what to expect behind the door. Another- two- Keildar- one of the tail- one for the claw. She focused, as was the custom of her people on one goal- reaching the scent- it was the closest lead she had. The one's throat was easily crushed- the other's was no match for her claws. A new taste was in the air as she flicked her tongue to keep on the trail. It would be woe upon any who faced her.

The marine's helmet swivelled in the direction of Yp, though he or she didn't immediately drop their weapon. The appearance of Sshalash in the corridor, however, made their mind up very quickly, "I surrender!" the guard declared, throwing their hands up in the air, "The door isn't locked."

The route to the bridge was clear, though there was sound of a scuffle inside, though it appeared to be dying down. Moments later the alarms went off. Clearly things hadn't gone quite according to plan, though the door was not locked.

Inside, the room was something of a mess with chairs scattered across the floor. A bloody dagger had been booted under a console, the gleam of steel catching the eye from where it had fallen. Someone, the Captain as it happened, was lying dead on the floor, apparently having bled out from a neck wound, leaving a large crimson puddle in the middle of the room. There were another two Kiellar crew members in the room, both of whom showed signs of knife wounds, though they had managed to pin down the attacker, Thanica, bending her back across the navigation console, "I'm going to feed you to that bloody..." one of them was in the process of snarling when the door slid open.

Both heads swivelled, noting the massive bulk of the Ragon and as one they released the Dhasath woman, scattering as far away from her as they could get. The maths was pretty simple, none of them had a gun, Sshalash would win in a fight. If she was hungry, and there was blood on her already, then better to be as far from the preferred prey as possible. She sat up, her eyes going very wide, it was the kind of expression one might have expected from a small furry animal in an open field with a raptor circling overhead, "Really, I'd wait until you have the bottle of Raz'lak" she burbled, seemingly incapable of stopping from running her mouth, "I haven't been hydrating properly over the last few days, all the stress and I'd be all dry and horrible... plus the only other one who can fly the ship is dead." she nodded at the Captain's corpse.

New Udonia wrote:Cridrac suspiciously listened to Vrondich's story, always the one to look for an excuse to report a crew member for a bonus.

Cridrac analyzed the situation before hearing the scream of a marine, echoed through the hallways of the Defiant.
The chief engineer isn't normally allowed in the armory, but that was a legitimate scream. That armband... never noticed it before. Oh, well, show-time.

Trying to conceal the grin on his face, Cridrac withdrew his batons and ignited them.
"Don't worry, I got this."
Cridrac, leaving his post, sped off toward the vicious echoes.

He could have felt fear, however right now he felt excited. He finally was going to be able to fight something, something other than a training-holo.

Endem wrote:
Y'Trh'dçy

He was free, from the chains that had restrained him for days. His massive body slowly moved, chitin rubbing against chitin, his whole body seemingly made a hissing noise. Step by step the behemoth walked out of the cell to see chaos before him. Prisoners on the lose, the whole ship was in a panic, and there was standing a giant Beetle in the middle of all that, he needed to find someone, something that looked somewhat same.

He walked for some time before finding his way towards the main armory where he found two people, he decided to speak to them. He wasn't speaking for so long... The hissing sounds of his language came out

"Hīsktü ñæêld thdhçy"
( roughly translates to: What is this madness )

No, they wouldn't understand H'rë'sho'eñ language was nearly untranslatable, so he just tried to gesture to them what he wanted, eventually switching completely to just non-verbal asking for something that could translate him

Vrondich's story was further reinforced by the alarms going off. That also wasn't in the plan and meant something had gone wrong for Thanica. That was potentially disastrous, but there wasn't much he could do about it at the moment. He ducked into the armoury, shouldering one blaster, then another for the junior engineer he had left in charge of securing the engineering deck. Cridrac has also chosen to take off rather than to wait around for him to shoot him in the back, which was a bit inconvenient, but the best laid plans never survived first contact with the enemy and he didn't think things had gone too badly - he had all the guns and engineering secured.

Which was when the giant beetle showed up, "Ah... hi." he said. It was making noises at him, but he had no idea what they meant. He didn't remember it on the prison manifest, but then again, he hadn't really paid any attention to that. It didn't seem hostile but he didn't have any idea how he was supposed to talk to it, maybe it understood him? If it was a prisoner, it would probably want to help, "I'm one of the ones doing the breakout." he explained, not wanting to go into too much detail, "Listen, can you take this blaster up to my friend who is in engineering?" he suggested, handing it across to the creature, "Small guy with the glasses. Up one level, first door on the right, you can't miss it."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Endem wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:

Tyreh the Warrior
Defiance Med Bay

"Hah, good joke, I can't handle Moxitan, I can handle most languages, except that hissing one, my job required it"

Tell her about himself, why not, why not allow himself this bit of glory, why not!

"I'm Tyreh the Warrior from the race of Cestrenti, ever heard of them, the ones that live on a rogue planet"

So now let's take turns, maybe

"Maybe tell me about you for a change"

"You know my name and my face, that will suffice for now. What I want to know is what you can do for me, to be brief and honest."

My lips curled into a malignant smile as I typed him into the database. I had him caught, surely.

"Now, you said that the cells you and other..."

I paused at the advent of the alarms.

"I see...Well, that answers my question. So have a new one: As you and your fellow prisoners have escaped, it's anarchy out there. People dying left and right. You wanna know something about me? If this were a different society, I'd be one of the criminals with you. I have a sweet little collection of parts and pieces from...sentients...that I'm always keen on expanding. I've been looking to add Cestrenti organs to my collection, but I've more had my eye on two prizes, that perhaps you could help me with instead of me simply...adding you. But I know you're skilled at killing, but are you skilled at capturing beings intact? If you get me a Jokari and Dhasath, perhaps I might be able to reimburse you for all this trouble you've been subjected to recently. Would you perhaps be interested in such an arrangement?"

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Captain Nathan Taylor Carter
Outside The Bridge, the Defiance.

Through the corridors of the ship sounds of fighting were heard all around as punches, kicks, and shots from weapons completely unknown to Carter were being exchanged. As the human passed through the corridor he would find either dead crew or dead prisoners but no weapons. It was all a real clusterfuck as the sound of an alarm, the clattering, and endless yells only hammered further to Carter that he needed a weapon soon. In this den of possible murderers, thieves, and other crooks he may be the odd one out but he was not stupid enough to trust any of them despite their same situation under bounds.

Carter continued to the corridor passing by other quarters and rooms until arriving to a large opened set of doors, there he found a large being of four pointy legs and lacking any apparent legs holding down one of the soldier types who had hassled Carter for far too long, the whole scene made him stop right on his track just a few meters away. The being lacked any apparent head and it made Carter even more uneasy as he showed both hands in sign of peace, he then noticed what seemed to be a weapon on the floor which was likely dropped by the soldier.

With his hands still up and walking slowly towards the rifle Carter then spoke to the creature, “Listen, I have no problems with you okay…” his voice was as nervous as it was cautious while gesturing to the weapon on the ground to give the creature a heads up of what he was doing the human continued “I-i just want the thing on the ground if it's fine by you!” he hoped the creature would see reason as he slowly closed in to the weapon, his eyes still on the being while his hands still showing as a sign of non aggression.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:51 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Endem wrote:
Yp'Trak Nird'Hoe

*snip*

Harbertia wrote:Sshalash

*snip*

The marine's helmet swivelled in the direction of Yp, though he or she didn't immediately drop their weapon. The appearance of Sshalash in the corridor, however, made their mind up very quickly, "I surrender!" the guard declared, throwing their hands up in the air, "The door isn't locked."

The route to the bridge was clear, though there was sound of a scuffle inside, though it appeared to be dying down. Moments later the alarms went off. Clearly things hadn't gone quite according to plan, though the door was not locked.

Inside, the room was something of a mess with chairs scattered across the floor. A bloody dagger had been booted under a console, the gleam of steel catching the eye from where it had fallen. Someone, the Captain as it happened, was lying dead on the floor, apparently having bled out from a neck wound, leaving a large crimson puddle in the middle of the room. There were another two Kiellar crew members in the room, both of whom showed signs of knife wounds, though they had managed to pin down the attacker, Thanica, bending her back across the navigation console, "I'm going to feed you to that bloody..." one of them was in the process of snarling when the door slid open.

Both heads swivelled, noting the massive bulk of the Ragon and as one they released the Dhasath woman, scattering as far away from her as they could get. The maths was pretty simple, none of them had a gun, Sshalash would win in a fight. If she was hungry, and there was blood on her already, then better to be as far from the preferred prey as possible. She sat up, her eyes going very wide, it was the kind of expression one might have expected from a small furry animal in an open field with a raptor circling overhead, "Really, I'd wait until you have the bottle of Raz'lak" she burbled, seemingly incapable of stopping from running her mouth, "I haven't been hydrating properly over the last few days, all the stress and I'd be all dry and horrible... plus the only other one who can fly the ship is dead." she nodded at the Captain's corpse.

Sshalash, the towering Ragon she was snarled out a reminder; "Noted." as she grit her teeth and turned her gaze upon the other two, her gritted expression becoming a toothy smile. It subsided into a grin as she took in some breaths nasally, and her eyes narrowed. Still focused on the two she pointed a clawed, bloody hand towards the Dhasath woman, "Stay." A Ragon's mind is a slow thing, the less she had to focus on the less likely she was to do something- stupid. The mind was slow as she took a few steps towards the two. Still more use to handling 'cattle' she used the fear of the two to demand; "Sit. I shall have your captain's corpse or I shall have you." She was still breathing, more heavily now, her cold blood trying to circulate the chemicals running through her. "Preferably you. Don't touch controls- face me- hands out to the side." Conversation of such lengths where tiring enough without the fatigue of craving sweet smelling Dhasath flesh of which she never imagined she'd have an opportunity to sample- but it was in some regard that very desire that got her in this mess. Her tail swung a little towards the Dhasath partually in absent minded thought but partially to dissuade. Sshalash had never handled Dhasath to know how the creature would react but the tail was there in case she decided to flee- leaving Sshalash with the same questions and no answers. She could literally leap upon any of the two- keeping in pressing memory that she needs the Dhasath to get home. The 'animal' that was her recent stent of violence had not gone to sleep, it was simply restrained- and now both of those two where looking like delicacies- her mouth couldn't help but water- still the ship was unfamiliar to her- she knew not who would be needed and who was expendable- and in her previous actions in the halls had forgotten both until now- having taken the breaths to consider. "Can- I- have one?" she asked. Mouth slightly open her tongue taking in the scents around her. She'd never actually worked with a Dhasath before- would it want revenge? Are they expendable- how can Sshalash even start to get answers with food on her mind- that surrendering guard looked good enough to eat but she had already gotten focused on reaching the Dhalash. Now the prospect that he might return was very real- she should have she thought to her self- this whole tactic thing- wasn't what she was educated for.
Arengin Union wrote:Captain Nathan Taylor Carter
Outside The Bridge, the Defiance.

-snip-

Carter continued to the corridor passing by other quarters and rooms until arriving to a large opened set of doors, there he found a large being of four pointy legs and lacking any apparent legs holding down one of the soldier types who had hassled Carter for far too long, the whole scene made him stop right on his track just a few meters away. The being lacked any apparent head and it made Carter even more uneasy as he showed both hands in sign of peace, he then noticed what seemed to be a weapon on the floor which was likely dropped by the soldier.

With his hands still up and walking slowly towards the rifle Carter then spoke to the creature, “Listen, I have no problems with you okay…” his voice was as nervous as it was cautious while gesturing to the weapon on the ground to give the creature a heads up of what he was doing the human continued “I-i just want the thing on the ground if it's fine by you!” he hoped the creature would see reason as he slowly closed in to the weapon, his eyes still on the being while his hands still showing as a sign of non aggression.

Sshalash was in that moment distracted and her expression, not so joyful but utterly stunned as even in her dreams this wasn't considered possible. She, her head now turned towards the opening, where she had thought perhaps a Kiellar would enter, she saw and uttered; "A- a- another- Dhalash?" The look was utter confusion as the creature spoke and then a bit stunned. Not only was she now dealing with three fearful beings but this, creature that upon further recollection was that 'not Dhalash' they had in. Her back turned now to the three- she knew something could happen. But, then again- it wasn't something that could- really harm her. She's massive, heavily scaled- Ragon hide being highly resilient, "No," she said to herself actually to answer her own question. But her slow mind realized it'd be picked up as a 'no' to his own, which would still work but could use clarity, "not yet." She had to assert her position, undoubtedly every life form here either feared or hated her- in the case of the Dhalash woman and these two it was fear- the new comer on the other hand had non. Perhaps if he expressed his reasoning further to get through her thick slow minded skull.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:58 pm

The ensuing chaos favored Kaleso very well as he ran towards the armory with in the midst of the running calvacade of freed prisoners. He would see the door to the main armory in his sights, and then there was a Kiellar running up towards his direction. It was a guard armed with electric batons, and he didn’t have a black armband as well. He was probably hostile, then.

Kaleso, in this moment, decided to use race’s characteristics to his advantage. He flapped his wings, and soon enough, he was flying near the ceiling, and then he grabbed on the ceiling itself and crawled on it like an insect with rapid speed; too fast for anyone’s taste. He intended to outrun Cidrac, as he was still unarmed. It would help immensely if he had a weapon, preferably a Jokari starblade. He wondered were the Kiellar hid it. In the armoury, perhaps?

The Kiellar guard was probably going to chase him, but perhaps his reputation as one who singlehandedly slaughtered an entire Kiellar colony would help as he dropped towards the floor as soon as he reached the armoury itself. If Cidrac had looked in his records, maybe he will think twice, as assassination is no easy task for any measly mortal.

Kaleso would see the Chief Engineer, and he immediately asked to be handed a gun.

“I must purge.”
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Harbertia wrote:Sshalash, the towering Ragon she was snarled out a reminder; "Noted." as she grit her teeth and turned her gaze upon the other two, her gritted expression becoming a toothy smile. It subsided into a grin as she took in some breaths nasally, and her eyes narrowed. Still focused on the two she pointed a clawed, bloody hand towards the Dhasath woman, "Stay." A Ragon's mind is a slow thing, the less she had to focus on the less likely she was to do something- stupid. The mind was slow as she took a few steps towards the two. Still more use to handling 'cattle' she used the fear of the two to demand; "Sit. I shall have your captain's corpse or I shall have you." She was still breathing, more heavily now, her cold blood trying to circulate the chemicals running through her. "Preferably you. Don't touch controls- face me- hands out to the side." Conversation of such lengths where tiring enough without the fatigue of craving sweet smelling Dhasath flesh of which she never imagined she'd have an opportunity to sample- but it was in some regard that very desire that got her in this mess. Her tail swung a little towards the Dhasath partually in absent minded thought but partially to dissuade. Sshalash had never handled Dhasath to know how the creature would react but the tail was there in case she decided to flee- leaving Sshalash with the same questions and no answers. She could literally leap upon any of the two- keeping in pressing memory that she needs the Dhasath to get home. The 'animal' that was her recent stent of violence had not gone to sleep, it was simply restrained- and now both of those two where looking like delicacies- her mouth couldn't help but water- still the ship was unfamiliar to her- she knew not who would be needed and who was expendable- and in her previous actions in the halls had forgotten both until now- having taken the breaths to consider. "Can- I- have one?" she asked. Mouth slightly open her tongue taking in the scents around her. She'd never actually worked with a Dhasath before- would it want revenge? Are they expendable- how can Sshalash even start to get answers with food on her mind- that surrendering guard looked good enough to eat but she had already gotten focused on reaching the Dhalash. Now the prospect that he might return was very real- she should have she thought to her self- this whole tactic thing- wasn't what she was educated for.

Noted... okay that seemed good this time. Thanica realised she was trembling, tiny involuntary shudders racing through her. Right now this whole mutiny idea that had seemed such a noble cause not so long ago was beginning to really lose its shine, "Leave those two be." she said, sticking up for the pair who moments before she had been trying to kill and who had been reciprocating the favour. She didn't think she could bear the thought of the Ragon picking off one of the living people, not with her right here... she pointed at the corpse of the Captain, "That one's already dead, he's got no particular opinion on the matter though the rest of us, I haven't asked, but I'm sure they're okay with me saying this, would quite prefer to stay alive and with all limbs attached..."

"Though if you wouldn't mind not eating anyone for a few moments it would be great." she added after a pause of a fraction of a second, "It's just the mess in the control room... blood in the consoles, you have no idea how hard it is to get stuff like that out and then the ship starts to do strange things and next thing you know..." she realised she was babbling again, it was the stress that did it, and forced herself to stop and count to three in her head. She sensed making a sudden movement would be a bad idea, "Okay... I need to use the console to let the rest of the ship know this end is under control. Is it okay for me to do that?" she asked sounding, if not feeling, a lot calmer than she had a few moments ago.

Korhal IVV wrote:The ensuing chaos favored Kaleso very well as he ran towards the armory with in the midst of the running calvacade of freed prisoners. He would see the door to the main armory in his sights, and then there was a Kiellar running up towards his direction. It was a guard armed with electric batons, and he didn’t have a black armband as well. He was probably hostile, then.

Kaleso, in this moment, decided to use race’s characteristics to his advantage. He flapped his wings, and soon enough, he was flying near the ceiling, and then he grabbed on the ceiling itself and crawled on it like an insect with rapid speed; too fast for anyone’s taste. He intended to outrun Cidrac, as he was still unarmed. It would help immensely if he had a weapon, preferably a Jokari starblade. He wondered were the Kiellar hid it. In the armoury, perhaps?

The Kiellar guard was probably going to chase him, but perhaps his reputation as one who singlehandedly slaughtered an entire Kiellar colony would help as he dropped towards the floor as soon as he reached the armoury itself. If Cidrac had looked in his records, maybe he will think twice, as assassination is no easy task for any measly mortal.

Kaleso would see the Chief Engineer, and he immediately asked to be handed a gun.

“I must purge.”

Vrondich stepped back, motioning for Kaleso to go in and help himself, "Purge away." he suggested. It could only be a few moments before people started pouring down this corridor to get weapons, at which point he would take them prisoner at gunpoint and that would, provided things were going alright upstairs, be the end of things... then he would need to figure out which pod to open to get Omad of Vudril out and they could be on their way. He'd probably need to do a full check of all systems as well. There had definitely been some violence about the ship and it tended to have a poor effect on the ship systems.

As if to emphasise that, he heard blaster fire... from the direction of the shuttle bay unless he was much mistaken. Was someone trying to make a run for it? It wasn't like they could launch the shuttle in hyperspace.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse