NATION

PASSWORD

1912 Presidential Election: Rise of the Progressives (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:00 pm

Dentali wrote:Alright im not out but i'm going to stop posting because apparently it means nothing

Yeah, the RP kinda died. I'm just gunna post results and call it a thread.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:12 pm

Arlenton wrote:
Dentali wrote:Alright im not out but i'm going to stop posting because apparently it means nothing

Yeah, the RP kinda died. I'm just gunna post results and call it a thread.

can you please give Harmon a victory lol honestly i think this is a great rp idea, but timing wise this is the slow season for NS. I think we could move on to 1916 though
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Arlenton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 16, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Arlenton » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:51 pm

Dentali wrote:
Arlenton wrote:Yeah, the RP kinda died. I'm just gunna post results and call it a thread.

can you please give Harmon a victory lol honestly i think this is a great rp idea, but timing wise this is the slow season for NS. I think we could move on to 1916 though

You being the only active candidate gives you a win.

IC reason:
Harmon is able to narrowly beat the fourth party system's massive Republican advantage in the electoral college mainly because La Follette is pretty extreme and disliked outside the West and Upper Midwest. La Follette's extreme views scared away pro-business voters in the Northeast, and they voted for Harmon because he was seen as the lesser of two evils. This gave Harmon a narrow win in New York, which won him the election.

Traditional swing states like Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, and Missouri went with the more moderate candidate, which was Harmon.

The support of William Jennings Bryan helped Harmon in the much more progressive Western and Great Plains states, but La Follette's very progressive stances allowed him to win them all, excluding solid South Texas and quasi-Southern Oklahoma.
Last edited by Arlenton on Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse