NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|OOC, Signup, Open)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
New Udonia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 157
Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Udonia » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Character Description
    Name: Mothlua of Vubhe
    Species: Kiellar
    Gender: Female
    Age: 30
    Appearance:
    Image



Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Mothlua is skilled in mathematics and problem-solving skills, an odd skill-set for a marine.
    Weaknesses: Mothlua can be quite absent-minded, something which may lead her to seem indifferent or incompetent depending on the role of the observer.


Background:
    Role on Ship: Crew, Marine
    Crimes Committed: N/A
    Personality: Mothlua has an outgoing personality, always searching for support from her peers. Her friends may call her an optimist or a pessimist depending on her mood. Her personality as an outgoing, absent-minded marine is rooted in her life's story.
    Backstory: Mothlua was born on the Kiellar home-world of Relenar. Her father, Vubhe, was a scientific individual, who was widely renowned for his contribution to Kiellar's scientific field. She was inducted into the Kiellar-Engineering Academy (KEA) at a very young age, where she was engineered for a scientific career. It all changed when she failed a standardized exam, one which would have allowed her to prosper as a top researcher, similar to her father's legacy. This failure ended with her being left with one available option, marine. Although on some worlds the marines may be seen as elite forces, that was not the case with the Kiellar. An informal synonym for Kiellar marine would be 'grunt'. Mothlua graduated from KEA at age 30 and was assigned to the Defiance as her first mission. This mission ended quite abruptly, thanks to a mutiny. Mothlua would have been killed, had she been on-duty at the time. The moment she left her quarters she was knocked unconscious by a 'merciful' prisoner who luckily wasn't hungry.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

User avatar
Foxfound
Diplomat
 
Posts: 734
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:48 pm

It might be better if I just dropped out of this RP. School's been keeping me really stressed lately and it makes it difficult to keep up with these things.
Foxfound
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.

I'm an awful writer so this will probably never get finished, and that fact has me very stressed.
Maybe I'll make a new nation soon and start from scratch.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:49 pm

New Udonia wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Mothlua of Vubhe
    Species: Kiellar
    Gender: Female
    Age: 30
    Appearance:


Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Mothlua is skilled in mathematics and problem-solving skills, an odd skill-set for a marine.
    Weaknesses: Mothlua can be quite absent-minded, something which may lead her to seem indifferent or incompetent depending on the role of the observer.


Background:
    Role on Ship: Crew, Marine
    Crimes Committed: N/A
    Personality: Mothlua has an outgoing personality, always searching for support from her peers. Her friends may call her an optimist or a pessimist depending on her mood. Her personality as an outgoing, absent-minded marine is rooted in her life's story.
    Backstory: Mothlua was born on the Kiellar home-world of Relenar. Her father, Vubhe, was a scientific individual, who was widely renowned for his contribution to Kiellar's scientific field. She was inducted into the Kiellar-Engineering Academy (KEA) at a very young age, where she was engineered for a scientific career. It all changed when she failed a standardized exam, one which would have allowed her to prosper as a top researcher, similar to her father's legacy. This failure ended with her being left with one available option, marine. Although on some worlds the marines may be seen as elite forces, that was not the case with the Kiellar. An informal synonym for Kiellar marine would be 'grunt'. Mothlua graduated from KEA at age 30 and was assigned to the Defiance as her first mission. This mission ended quite abruptly, thanks to a mutiny. Mothlua would have been killed, had she been on-duty at the time. The moment she left her quarters she was knocked unconscious by a 'merciful' prisoner who luckily wasn't hungry.


They're accepted! I'll update the front page shortly, when we get to chapter 3

Foxfound wrote:It might be better if I just dropped out of this RP. School's been keeping me really stressed lately and it makes it difficult to keep up with these things.


Alright, I understand. It will be a pity to see you go, but I hope all goes well for you going forward.

User avatar
Foxfound
Diplomat
 
Posts: 734
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:It might be better if I just dropped out of this RP. School's been keeping me really stressed lately and it makes it difficult to keep up with these things.


Alright, I understand. It will be a pity to see you go, but I hope all goes well for you going forward.

It's also partly writers' block, I guess... if I come up with an idea for a post within a day or two I'll try to continue with this.
Foxfound
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.

I'm an awful writer so this will probably never get finished, and that fact has me very stressed.
Maybe I'll make a new nation soon and start from scratch.

User avatar
Foxfound
Diplomat
 
Posts: 734
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:04 pm

You know, I think I can get back into this, I just need an idea of what to do with Olorisa. Any ideas of a good situation to get her involved with?
Foxfound
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.

I'm an awful writer so this will probably never get finished, and that fact has me very stressed.
Maybe I'll make a new nation soon and start from scratch.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:07 am

Foxfound wrote:You know, I think I can get back into this, I just need an idea of what to do with Olorisa. Any ideas of a good situation to get her involved with?


I do have some ideas...

1. Her taking over the ship and locking Thanica out when they're trying to escape from someone. Potentially disastrous and a bit of a moral story about messing with technology you don't understand (the techs have just assumed an AI will be helpful).

2. I think it would help the RP if Olorisa got a synthetic body of some sort. Either something obviously robotic or something made to look human. That could be a goal for the next chapter.

3. Will Olorisa be looking at the alien life on the ship? If they acquire a camera system for security, that will probably be easier. Maybe team up with the Doctor to study subjects?

4. Can Olorisa understand the aliens, some of them or none of them? Learning to communicate could be an arc. You could base how much Olorisa understands of how much someone has conversed with the humans, making it possible to piece stuff together.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 am

I'm going to give time for one or two more posts from everyone then skip things forward a bit to the next 'ground mission'.

At the same time I will also update the front two posts.

I'd also like to hear what people's opinions are on what to do with the two NPC crew members who New Udonia has adopted. New Udonia, do you want to keep them, name them and RP the group? Alternatively we can keep them up our sleeve to allow another player to take one over. Or we could have them leave the ship at the next ground mission?

Also, if you haven't made it to the Discord yet, I would very much recommend joining the channel. There is lots of chatter on characters, potential future storylines and some excellent concept art and music getting posted up there (thanks mostly to Arengin).

User avatar
Foxfound
Diplomat
 
Posts: 734
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:You know, I think I can get back into this, I just need an idea of what to do with Olorisa. Any ideas of a good situation to get her involved with?


I do have some ideas...

1. Her taking over the ship and locking Thanica out when they're trying to escape from someone. Potentially disastrous and a bit of a moral story about messing with technology you don't understand (the techs have just assumed an AI will be helpful).

2. I think it would help the RP if Olorisa got a synthetic body of some sort. Either something obviously robotic or something made to look human. That could be a goal for the next chapter.

3. Will Olorisa be looking at the alien life on the ship? If they acquire a camera system for security, that will probably be easier. Maybe team up with the Doctor to study subjects?

4. Can Olorisa understand the aliens, some of them or none of them? Learning to communicate could be an arc. You could base how much Olorisa understands of how much someone has conversed with the humans, making it possible to piece stuff together.

1. I could see that happening if things get really out of hand. It wouldn't be malicious, but instead an attempt to save the ship and crew, though it certainly might be seen as malicious.

2. She already has a hologram form, though I don't know if the ship has a hologram system or not. She can interact with things physically like this, but not in a way more violent than lightly pressing a button or something. She'll also run out of power pretty fast unless she's connected to something.

3. I guess I'd assumed there was already a camera system, especially considering this is a prison ship. She could team up with the doctor, and given the fact that she isn't 'fully' intelligent, it may be easier to keep her in the dark about where the 'subjects' come from.

4. Assuming she's been reprogrammed correctly, she should be able to use the translation software, but there will definitely be lots of fascinating things for her to learn about the aliens.
Foxfound
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.

I'm an awful writer so this will probably never get finished, and that fact has me very stressed.
Maybe I'll make a new nation soon and start from scratch.

User avatar
New Udonia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 157
Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Udonia » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:18 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:I'm going to give time for one or two more posts from everyone then skip things forward a bit to the next 'ground mission'.

At the same time I will also update the front two posts.

I'd also like to hear what people's opinions are on what to do with the two NPC crew members who New Udonia has adopted. New Udonia, do you want to keep them, name them and RP the group? Alternatively we can keep them up our sleeve to allow another player to take one over. Or we could have them leave the ship at the next ground mission?

Also, if you haven't made it to the Discord yet, I would very much recommend joining the channel. There is lots of chatter on characters, potential future storylines and some excellent concept art and music getting posted up there (thanks mostly to Arengin).
Dyelli Beybi wrote:


I'd be happy to name and RP the group, as long as nobody objects.
I'll be attempting to join the Discord sometime this weekend.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26288
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:20 pm

New Udonia wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:I'm going to give time for one or two more posts from everyone then skip things forward a bit to the next 'ground mission'.

At the same time I will also update the front two posts.

I'd also like to hear what people's opinions are on what to do with the two NPC crew members who New Udonia has adopted. New Udonia, do you want to keep them, name them and RP the group? Alternatively we can keep them up our sleeve to allow another player to take one over. Or we could have them leave the ship at the next ground mission?

Also, if you haven't made it to the Discord yet, I would very much recommend joining the channel. There is lots of chatter on characters, potential future storylines and some excellent concept art and music getting posted up there (thanks mostly to Arengin).
Dyelli Beybi wrote:


I'd be happy to name and RP the group, as long as nobody objects.
I'll be attempting to join the Discord sometime this weekend.

Are those the same two that had Thanica pinned before being threated by Sshalah?
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
New Udonia
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 157
Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Udonia » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Harbertia wrote:Are those the same two that had Thanica pinned before being threated by Sshalah?

Yes, I believe so.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26288
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:24 pm

New Udonia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Are those the same two that had Thanica pinned before being threated by Sshalah?

Yes, I believe so.

Excellent 8)
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Foxfound wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:
I do have some ideas...

1. Her taking over the ship and locking Thanica out when they're trying to escape from someone. Potentially disastrous and a bit of a moral story about messing with technology you don't understand (the techs have just assumed an AI will be helpful).

2. I think it would help the RP if Olorisa got a synthetic body of some sort. Either something obviously robotic or something made to look human. That could be a goal for the next chapter.

3. Will Olorisa be looking at the alien life on the ship? If they acquire a camera system for security, that will probably be easier. Maybe team up with the Doctor to study subjects?

4. Can Olorisa understand the aliens, some of them or none of them? Learning to communicate could be an arc. You could base how much Olorisa understands of how much someone has conversed with the humans, making it possible to piece stuff together.

1. I could see that happening if things get really out of hand. It wouldn't be malicious, but instead an attempt to save the ship and crew, though it certainly might be seen as malicious.

2. She already has a hologram form, though I don't know if the ship has a hologram system or not. She can interact with things physically like this, but not in a way more violent than lightly pressing a button or something. She'll also run out of power pretty fast unless she's connected to something.

3. I guess I'd assumed there was already a camera system, especially considering this is a prison ship. She could team up with the doctor, and given the fact that she isn't 'fully' intelligent, it may be easier to keep her in the dark about where the 'subjects' come from.

4. Assuming she's been reprogrammed correctly, she should be able to use the translation software, but there will definitely be lots of fascinating things for her to learn about the aliens.


On point 3 there is no camera system as it was designed for all the prisoners to be in stasis.

User avatar
Foxfound
Diplomat
 
Posts: 734
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Foxfound wrote:1. I could see that happening if things get really out of hand. It wouldn't be malicious, but instead an attempt to save the ship and crew, though it certainly might be seen as malicious.

2. She already has a hologram form, though I don't know if the ship has a hologram system or not. She can interact with things physically like this, but not in a way more violent than lightly pressing a button or something. She'll also run out of power pretty fast unless she's connected to something.

3. I guess I'd assumed there was already a camera system, especially considering this is a prison ship. She could team up with the doctor, and given the fact that she isn't 'fully' intelligent, it may be easier to keep her in the dark about where the 'subjects' come from.

4. Assuming she's been reprogrammed correctly, she should be able to use the translation software, but there will definitely be lots of fascinating things for her to learn about the aliens.


On point 3 there is no camera system as it was designed for all the prisoners to be in stasis.

Ah, fair enough.
Foxfound
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.

I'm an awful writer so this will probably never get finished, and that fact has me very stressed.
Maybe I'll make a new nation soon and start from scratch.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:59 pm

New Udonia wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:I'm going to give time for one or two more posts from everyone then skip things forward a bit to the next 'ground mission'.

At the same time I will also update the front two posts.

I'd also like to hear what people's opinions are on what to do with the two NPC crew members who New Udonia has adopted. New Udonia, do you want to keep them, name them and RP the group? Alternatively we can keep them up our sleeve to allow another player to take one over. Or we could have them leave the ship at the next ground mission?

Also, if you haven't made it to the Discord yet, I would very much recommend joining the channel. There is lots of chatter on characters, potential future storylines and some excellent concept art and music getting posted up there (thanks mostly to Arengin).
Dyelli Beybi wrote:


I'd be happy to name and RP the group, as long as nobody objects.
I'll be attempting to join the Discord sometime this weekend.


No objections here.

I'm expecting Thanica will end up with an 'et tu Brute?' moment for trusting this lot!

User avatar
Foxfound
Diplomat
 
Posts: 734
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Do you think I should wait until the timeskip to post? I could do a recap of what she's been doing - figuring out the new ship and languages, mostly - and then get her involved in the new story arc.
Foxfound
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.

I'm an awful writer so this will probably never get finished, and that fact has me very stressed.
Maybe I'll make a new nation soon and start from scratch.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 am

The long promised time skip is now up. We are docked at the station and it is time for your characters to get up to all manner of insalubrious activities.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:53 am

I am going to get the reference stuff at the front of the OOC back in order.

User avatar
Arengin Union
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8343
Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:22 pm

We're working on a post and hopefully will get things moving with the heist. For the meantime I'd say its the best chance to look around the casino,describe qnd expand the world in interesting ways. Hopefully we get that post up soon
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

User avatar
Foxfound
Diplomat
 
Posts: 734
Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:27 pm

I probably should have tried to post earlier, but now it's getting late and I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Sorry.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I'm not tired yet and I feel like writing, so let's see what I can get done...
Last edited by Foxfound on Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxfound
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.

I'm an awful writer so this will probably never get finished, and that fact has me very stressed.
Maybe I'll make a new nation soon and start from scratch.

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 01, 2019 3:47 am

We have been working on some excellent Co written parts which will be going up shortly... And I will fix the front page, I promise!

User avatar
Arengin Union
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8343
Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Wed May 01, 2019 10:31 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:We have been working on some excellent Co written parts which will be going up shortly... And I will fix the front page, I promise!

No pressure brooo
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

User avatar
Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10768
Founded: Apr 19, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Wed May 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Tag. Will post an app once I think up of a character.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TITANS® RP Group
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
´*•.¸´*•.¸¸.•*´¸.•*´­
The Cake is a Lie
There Is Nothing Inside

Shine On

User avatar
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5175
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed May 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Tag. Will post an app once I think up of a character.


Cool... when you do I will give you a run-down of the thread so far

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26288
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Wed May 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Tag. Will post an app once I think up of a character.

Jar my wonderful dude! Welcome to the thread!
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cainesland, Galnius, Greater Karthago, Majestic-12 [Bot]

Advertisement

Remove ads