NATION

PASSWORD

Voyages in Andromeda (FT Char RP|OOC, Signup, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Wed May 01, 2019 8:05 pm

Really liking what you have going for Olorisa, Foxhound. I can see a set up with her first developing a holographic persona similar to Cortana, and gradually she could eventually interface with a synthetic body a la Mass Effect's Edi. Good show.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed May 01, 2019 8:53 pm

Arengin Union wrote:Really liking what you have going for Olorisa, Foxhound. I can see a set up with her first developing a holographic persona similar to Cortana, and gradually she could eventually interface with a synthetic body a la Mass Effect's Edi. Good show.

I also vouch for the mechanical body- I still don't buy into solid holograms so it makes more sense to me then 'solid light'.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Wed May 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Mister Jariri!

You ca-

You arrived!

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Thu May 02, 2019 4:32 am

I'll probably be somewhat inactive for two weeks, as final exams are an issue. No worries, I shall return. ;)
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu May 02, 2019 5:06 am

Not a problem, I think a few people are in similar boats

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Not a problem, I think a few people are in similar boats

I’m still alive. Just might be a while before I post. I haven’t yet decided whether I want Amlai to leave the ship or stay put.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu May 02, 2019 8:00 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:Not a problem, I think a few people are in similar boats

I’m still alive. Just might be a while before I post. I haven’t yet decided whether I want Amlai to leave the ship or stay put.

Leave the ship... It will be funnier when all the crap starts :D

These guys make the Guardians look sane and emotionally stable... Something will definitely go wrong.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu May 02, 2019 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu May 02, 2019 8:46 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:I’m still alive. Just might be a while before I post. I haven’t yet decided whether I want Amlai to leave the ship or stay put.

Leave the ship... It will be funnier when all the crap starts :D

These guys make the Guardians look sane and emotionally stable... Something will definitely go wrong.

Having watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 yesterday- yes.
Tomorrow is made today.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Thu May 02, 2019 1:32 pm

Arengin Union wrote:Really liking what you have going for Olorisa, Foxhound. I can see a set up with her first developing a holographic persona similar to Cortana, and gradually she could eventually interface with a synthetic body a la Mass Effect's Edi. Good show.

That might happen at some point. I also plan to have her personality eventually become more 'human' as things progress and she adjusts to the independence she now has.
Harbertia wrote:I also vouch for the mechanical body- I still don't buy into solid holograms so it makes more sense to me then 'solid light'.

It's totally not an idea I stole from a mod for FTL, I swear.
Harbertia wrote:Having watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 yesterday- yes.

I never got to see the whole movie, so no spoilers plz.
Last edited by Foxfound on Thu May 02, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu May 02, 2019 1:55 pm

Foxfound wrote:

That might happen at some point. I also plan to have her personality eventually become more 'human' as things progress and she adjusts to the independence she now has.
Harbertia wrote:I also vouch for the mechanical body- I still don't buy into solid holograms so it makes more sense to me then 'solid light'.

It's totally not an idea I stole from a mod for FTL, I swear.
Harbertia wrote:Having watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 yesterday- yes.

I never got to see the whole movie, so no spoilers plz.

No spoilers from me will be given.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat May 04, 2019 1:43 am

So on a somewhat unfortunate note, I will be taking over writing the station NPCs etc from Korhal for a few days.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat May 04, 2019 6:41 am

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Tag. Will post an app once I think up of a character.

Jar my wonderful dude! Welcome to the thread!

Hey Harb! Nice surprise seeing you here. I was here on Saes's invite but its cool to know you're both here.

Kylantha wrote:Mister Jariri!

You ca-

You arrived!

I did! Well I've made an app, if all goes well I could join.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Tag. Will post an app once I think up of a character.

Cool... when you do I will give you a run-down of the thread so far

Thanks. I got an app ready now:

Character Description
    Name: Cae
    Species: Dhasath

Appearance: Average height, forgettable face with dark eyes, torso lacking both forearms but otherwise well built.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Strong physical endurance and sharp reflexes, can utilise both to deliver strong kicks and swift counterattacks.
    Weaknesses: The loss of his forearms means he has a difficult time defending his front and upper-body without dodging and has to rely entirely on his legs. Can struggle with retaining balance. Is prone to experiencing phantom limb syndrome which can interfere in combat intuition. Was not injected with translator microbes during childhood and knows only basic terms in Kiellar and Ragon through experience.

Background:
    Role on Ship: Former prisoner
    Crimes Committed Vandalism, vagrancy, theft and assault.
    Personality: Doesn't talk much but when provoked can show himself to be an impulsive brute who derives a thrill from violence. At times rather akin to an untamed beast, his determination and resolve remains unwavering and he has a shrewd instinct for survival.

Possesses intense hatred for the Ragon and disdains fellow Dhasath whom he perceives as having sold their pride to serve as lackeys to the Kiellar. Like most Dhasath he is suspicious of others and highly alert of his surroundings.

Backstory: His parents were disowned by their clan and left to wander unprotected as desert nomads on part of his father murdering a kinsman, as such Cae has no surname which is considered a bad omen in Dhasath culture. His mother who had been pregnant at the time of their exile eventually died in childbirth and his father not wanting to be burdened by a weak offspring conducted a trial to test Cae's strength by leaving him in a pit of quicksand with only a rope to keep him from sinking. Cae proved robust enough not to lose his grip and thus worthy to live.

They lived at a distance from settled communities and were able to evade capture and slaughter from the Ragon's initial invasions. However the disruption from the attacks meant that they came into more frequent conflict with others which eventually led to his father's death. Cae lived on as a bandit with a natural genius for hand-to-hand combat that made him feared and formidable against other Dhasath.

This increase in notoriety only hindered his chances for survival as the Ragon took note of this 'wild stock' which led to his capture and captivity inside a food farm for his kind. He seems to have escaped however at some point and was found wandering Kiellar territory bordering the neutral zone with both his forearms missing and living as a violent vagrant, completely illiterate and only partially fluent in non-Dhasath tongues. While being apprehended he fought off his pursuers using his teeth and feet before being overwhelmed with numbers. Since he was still otherwise strong it was considered he might have some use in the mines and could be killed off without trouble if need be, leading to him being placed in stasis aboard the Defiance.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat May 04, 2019 8:25 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Character Description

Appearance: Average height, forgettable face with dark eyes, torso lacking both forearms but otherwise well built.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Strong physical endurance and sharp reflexes, can utilise both to deliver strong kicks and swift counterattacks.
    Weaknesses: The loss of his forearms means he has a difficult time defending his front and upper-body without dodging and has to rely entirely on his legs. Can struggle with retaining balance. Is prone to experiencing phantom limb syndrome which can interfere in combat intuition. Was not injected with translator microbes during childhood and knows only basic terms in Kiellar and Ragon through experience.

Background:
    Personality: Doesn't talk much but when provoked can show himself to be an impulsive brute who derives a thrill from violence. At times rather akin to an untamed beast, his determination and resolve remains unwavering and he has a shrewd instinct for survival.

Possesses intense hatred for the Ragon and disdains fellow Dhasath whom he perceives as having sold their pride to serve as lackeys to the Kiellar. Like most Dhasath he is suspicious of others and highly alert of his surroundings.

Backstory: His parents were disowned by their clan and left to wander unprotected as desert nomads on part of his father murdering a kinsman, as such Cae has no surname which is considered a bad omen in Dhasath culture. His mother who had been pregnant at the time of their exile eventually died in childbirth and his father not wanting to be burdened by a weak offspring conducted a trial to test Cae's strength by leaving him in a pit of quicksand with only a rope to keep him from sinking. Cae proved robust enough not to lose his grip and thus worthy to live.

They lived at a distance from settled communities and were able to evade capture and slaughter from the Ragon's initial invasions. However the disruption from the attacks meant that they came into more frequent conflict with others which eventually led to his father's death. Cae lived on as a bandit with a natural genius for hand-to-hand combat that made him feared and formidable against other Dhasath.

This increase in notoriety only hindered his chances for survival as the Ragon took note of this 'wild stock' which led to his capture and captivity inside a food farm for his kind. He seems to have escaped however at some point and was found wandering Kiellar territory bordering the neutral zone with both his forearms missing and living as a violent vagrant, completely illiterate and only partially fluent in non-Dhasath tongues. While being apprehended he fought off his pursuers using his teeth and feet before being overwhelmed with numbers. Since he was still otherwise strong it was considered he might have some use in the mines and could be killed off without trouble if need be, leading to him being placed in stasis aboard the Defiance.

Hey Jar, I've found one issue- the initial Ragon invasion was over 50 years ago.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 am

Ah yes... as Harb said, it is meant to have been a long time ago. I didn't specify it in the original post, which I should have done, but I was imagining it being over 200 years ago, putting it out of the living memory of either the Dhasath or Kiellar.

Foxfound
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Foxfound » Sun May 05, 2019 4:31 pm

I'll try to post soon. Things have been busy, but school's almost out.
IC Name: Ketorushima
Arctic island inhabited by kitsune and other yōkai.
Set about a decade after the world becomes aware of the supernatural. Details on that will come later.
Slowly trying to rework the factbooks and write for this nation again. Sometimes I worry I'm bad at writing but I think I'm getting better

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon May 06, 2019 5:44 am

No problem, I'll rework it.

Character Description

Appearance: Above average height, forgettable face with dark eyes, torso lacking both forearms but otherwise well built.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Background:

Backstory: Cae was born for the purpose of serving as livestock to the Ragon, among a controlled populace of Dhasath in an effort to keep their species from extinction and remain viable as a delicacy. The food farm's inhabitants were a docile community resigned to generations of perpetual slaughter, Cae was among a cluster of deviants with a greater propensity for violence and disobedience.

Defective stock like these were usually subject to premature termination however the food farm's new warden found the fighting spirit of deviants akin to a rare flavouring and opened up a special pit for them where they were made to kill each other for extra food and rations. Among them Cae emerged victorious with a natural talent for hand-to-hand combat and an untamed battle instinct. When he became the last one standing the warden severed his forearm to consume it, prompting Cae to put up a futile fight against the physically superior Ragon which resulted in him losing his remaining forearm.

As Cae lay bleeding the warden felt a sense of amusement from his defiant gaze, a prey either too determined or stupid to give up when there was no point to resisting. Declaring that his deviancy enhanced the euphoria he received from appetising his forearms and that revenge would refine it even further he let Cae live and arranged for his 'escape' into Kiellar space, believing that Cae's drive for revenge would eventually bring him back more 'flavorful' than before.

Cae wandered as an illiterate violent wanderer and vagrant in a world he didn't understand before being apprehended as a criminal and taken aboard stasis in the Defiance.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 06, 2019 5:50 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:No problem, I'll rework it.

Character Description

Appearance: Above average height, forgettable face with dark eyes, torso lacking both forearms but otherwise well built.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Background:

Backstory: Cae was born for the purpose of serving as livestock to the Ragon, among a controlled populace of Dhasath in an effort to keep their species from extinction and remain viable as a delicacy. The food farm's inhabitants were a docile community resigned to generations of perpetual slaughter, Cae was among a cluster of deviants with a greater propensity for violence and disobedience.

Defective stock like these were usually subject to premature termination however the food farm's new warden found the fighting spirit of deviants akin to a rare flavouring and opened up a special pit for them where they were made to kill each other for extra food and rations. Among them Cae emerged victorious with a natural talent for hand-to-hand combat and an untamed battle instinct. When he became the last one standing the warden severed his forearm to consume it, prompting Cae to put up a futile fight against the physically superior Ragon which resulted in him losing his remaining forearm.

As Cae lay bleeding the warden felt a sense of amusement from his defiant gaze, a prey either too determined or stupid to give up when there was no point to resisting. Declaring that his deviancy enhanced the euphoria he received from appetising his forearms and that revenge would refine it even further he let Cae live and arranged for his 'escape' into Kiellar space, believing that Cae's drive for revenge would eventually bring him back more 'flavorful' than before.

Cae wandered as an illiterate violent wanderer and vagrant in a world he didn't understand before being apprehended as a criminal and taken aboard stasis in the Defiance.

Cool... he's accepted, though are you sure you don't want him to just be missing one forearm? It might make opening doors etc. a bit complex. Entirely over to you of course!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 06, 2019 6:08 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:No problem, I'll rework it.

Character Description

Strengths and Weaknesses

Background:

Cool... he's accepted, though are you sure you don't want him to just be missing one forearm? It might make opening doors etc. a bit complex. Entirely over to you of course!

He's actually given me something else for Sshalah's character, she's already different from most Ragon and I'm sure she's heard of what he was put through. It goes well with her wanting (in ragon eyes) animals to be treated well.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm

One question Jariri, does Cae look 19 for a human or for a Dhasath? Because Dhasath develop fast than humans so would probably look a bit more mature than the typical 19 year old to the human crew members.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon May 06, 2019 3:38 pm

Thanks.

A little surprised the doors are manual rather than automated, but that can be a new challenge for the character to work with (plus here's hoping for some sci-fi prosthetic down the line at some point if possible).

Anyhow a recap/summary of the IC thread would be useful to know what's gone down with who and what and where to jump on with my first post.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:One question Jariri, does Cae look 19 for a human or for a Dhasath? Because Dhasath develop fast than humans so would probably look a bit more mature than the typical 19 year old to the human crew members.

He looks 19 by human years (to make him easier to picture, plus I wasn't sure what the Dhasath equivalent would be), I had wanted him to be in the cusp between late teens and early adulthood.

Harbertia wrote:He's actually given me something else for Sshalah's character, she's already different from most Ragon and I'm sure she's heard of what he was put through. It goes well with her wanting (in ragon eyes) animals to be treated well.

They might have an interesting interaction, given how I see Cae as someone who detests his very position in the food chain relative to the Ragon - refusing to be cattle of any kind to them.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon May 06, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Thanks.

A little surprised the doors are manual rather than automated, but that can be a new challenge for the character to work with (plus here's hoping for some sci-fi prosthetic down the line at some point if possible).

Anyhow a recap/summary of the IC thread would be useful to know what's gone down with who and what and where to jump on with my first post.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:One question Jariri, does Cae look 19 for a human or for a Dhasath? Because Dhasath develop fast than humans so would probably look a bit more mature than the typical 19 year old to the human crew members.

He looks 19 by human years (to make him easier to picture, plus I wasn't sure what the Dhasath equivalent would be), I had wanted him to be in the cusp between late teens and early adulthood.

Harbertia wrote:He's actually given me something else for Sshalah's character, she's already different from most Ragon and I'm sure she's heard of what he was put through. It goes well with her wanting (in ragon eyes) animals to be treated well.

They might have an interesting interaction, given how I see Cae as someone who detests his very position in the food chain relative to the Ragon - refusing to be cattle of any kind to them.

Indeed, and here's Sshalah who isn't opposed to them being in that position (but she still detests the type of treatment he's endured). She's liberal by her people's standards, but that doesn't make her an ally.
Tomorrow is made today.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon May 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Thanks.

If you join the discord we have a large assortment of character concept art alongside general concept art if you wanna find a fitting pic for Cae.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 06, 2019 5:27 pm

We've written them as mostly push button.

I also imagine you'll get some prosthetics or stem-cell grown arms rather rapidly in this RP. If you want to that is :) Don't want to ruin your character development.

As for the State of the RP:
  • The mutiny happened and the ship is now controlled by a group of ex convicts and mutineers.
  • The ship was damaged in the fighting.
  • The new crew elected Thanica (Dhasath mutineer) and Carter (human prisoner) to lead the crew.
  • As they don't have much money, they have cooked up a rather risky scheme to swindle ship parts out of a casino-pleasure-station so that they can do repairs and go on their merry way.
  • When you are ready to join, write something about a stasis pod spontaneously opening in the hold opening. The hold is full of them, but the system is malfunctioning so the engineers are having difficulty manually opening them or figuring out who is in any of them. I've manufactured a reason to have Vrondich and Rabaech onboard so you will have company straight away.

Cool... he'd look about 14-15 in Dhasath years, which is how Thanica will respond to him when they eventually meet.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Mon May 06, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am

XD

"You had evidently never met my aunt Cafatia."
Tomorrow is made today.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue May 07, 2019 1:29 pm

lol I'm glad some of the attempts at humour are hitting the mark.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse