NATION

PASSWORD

The New World Order - IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Claim: The Rest of Oregon and South Dakota

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Sun May 05, 2019 8:10 pm

"Our war with the Canadians is still ongoing, and we have finally recieved aid in the form of bombers from the PUSA. We do not know whether or not they plan to join our war, but the aid is greatly appreciated. Our space program's success is also something we can be proud of. Our launching of Sternenseglers I and II were just the beginning, and we have many more classified plans that are being worked on vigorously. One thing I will declassify is that we are likely to begin testing spacecraft and probes that will be able to orbit Earth for extended periods of time, perhaps as long or longer than that of the PUSA's satellites. We stand on the edge of greatness, and we can truly achieve anything if we put our minds to it." - President Schwegler

Our exploration of the Pacific continues, and we have finally decided we will send a ship to the Japanese mainland. The crew of the ship headed there are very aware of the fact that they're likely to die on the mission, but are willing to do so to see if the Japanese threat has been neutralized. We will be hearing of their findings within the next few months, if at all.

This summer has also seen the announcement of a new project by the President; a project that involves the wondrous statues of Mt. Rushmore, which was left abandoned following the plague. Schwegler says that there will be a more sturdy amount of maintenence of the four heads of figures that the Republic of Wisconsin admires greatly. There has been a few people asking if Alexander Wiley is going to become a fifth head, but President Schwegler and many other engineering masterminds have warned that the mountains are rather unstable everywhere else, and there's not really any space for such a head. Alexander Wiley, who was asked about the addition of his figure had this to comment: "I am greatly honored with your wishes to add my head to the monument of some of the greatest people to have ever lived, but I don't really deserve such a monument. Hell, I've already got a tank named after me. If anyone's head should be added to the monument, it should be President Schwegler. I may not agree with all of his policies, but I think that he's done a far better job than I of making our nation better."

This summer has been great for our nation, and we wish for a greater autumn season this year. Hopefully, the Canadians will capitulate soon.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Mon May 06, 2019 8:28 am

The Provisional United States makes further effort to reintegrate the Ozark Union, with Southeastern and Central Tennessee becoming beneficiaries of $200 million in spending designed to build infrastructure. To aid in this rebuilding, railroads are built from Nashville to Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Clarksville, and Murfreesboro. The Nashville-New York railroad officially opens, bringing a new era into focus. The Army currently is holding the line in New England, bringing the raiders further towards their knees. Canadian aggression towards the PUSA becomes more intense, with an announcement that they have attempted to shut off Pennsylvania Nuclear Power Plant No. 1. An angry Congress and an angry President Irwin retaliates by finishing the embargo by shutting the land border as well. The government begins to integrate the Ozark Army, with a few scattered units transferred from Ozark to American command. Congress decides to further impose its will on the Confederacy by closing the border and intensifying broadcasts against the Confederacy. The second battleship of the US Navy is completed, with it being named the USS Harry S. Truman.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

The Fascist Waffle Empire
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Claims: Eastern Nevada, and more of Southern California

Postby The Fascist Waffle Empire » Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 pm

This is the TNBS, bringing you today’s news from across the country.

Worrying news has come from the south. As several Cartels have formally established themselves across portions of Mexico, with one in particular setting up just outside of Mexico City. Reports of violence has already pored in from the region. As border towns are being harassed, and a few were torched by the cartels. Texan forces have mobilized, and intense border patrols have started, with multiple reports of contact. Plans are being drawn up to stomp all of the cartels in one swift stroke of a blade, but until then. Those of you currently residing in the region, we urge you to defend your homes against this new threat. There shall be supplies being sent to several larger settlements, were we shall issue military grade equipment in order for you all to fight back against the cartels until the military arrives. Stay safe out there

In other news, Nevada and California are both set to be integrated into the Confederation soon, with a treaty ratified with Wisconsin and the PUSA, the remnants of America have been carved up. And soon almost all Americans will be free from oppression. Already, a plan has been set up to integrate the lesser Antilles, and Puerto Rico into the confederation. Along with several expeditions into South America.

The ships that were being built for the Wisconsin navy have finally been completed. The fleet, consisting of 10 destroyers, 4 light cruisers, and 2 heavy cruisers. Represents the friendship and camaraderie between the two nations in this new world. the ships were all towed to the now Wisconsin port of Seattle, and are currently being fitted out for their use. In other news, several army advisers have met with members of the Wisconsinite army to discuss plans to standardize ammo cartridges between the 2 nations. In order to increase the interoperability between both armies.

Finally, a second Aircraft Carrier is being built for the Texan Navy, it is of an indigenous design. and is supposed to hold the larger jet aircraft quickly replacing the propeller fighters of the Texan Air Force. the ship is to be 65,000 tonnes, and carry 55 aircraft. the keel was laid down in the LA shipyards last week, and construction is due to finish next year.
Now i know what yall may be thinkin. No, im not a fascist, i'm theocratical monarchy. And no, we are not a country composed of sentient waffles. Although that was one of the original ideas.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue May 07, 2019 10:32 am

The Provisional United States finishes using the money appropriated for Tennessee to fully reintegrate it into the nation. The news of various cartels seizing power in Mexico has shocked the nation. Even more disturbing news is that these cartels are using Louisiana ports to distribute drugs and bring their gangs into the United States. The Provisional Federal Bureau of Investigation responds with a crackdown on the gangs. President Irwin responds with an executive order prohibiting all drugs that are not used for an expressly medical purpose. He also orders 5,000 Provisional Marines to go to the Texan border to aid in exterminating the cartels. The reasons are clear. Where the cartel presence in America is, the murder rate doubled, and people fell into a cycle of drug addiction. Bloody turf wars break out between the cartels and the already established gangs. In other news, the CIA has discovered that Germany has been supplying arms to local groups of the Ku Klux Klan. The PUSA responds by throwing out the German "commissioner". In further news, Congress appropriates $100 million to reintegrate Provisional Mississippi and build a temporary capital. NASA launches Eagle IV, this time carrying a specially trained dog with full facilities provided. The launch is successful.
Last edited by The Orion Islands on Tue May 07, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: Stated in Post, due to there being two

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm

OOC Sorry guys, my wifi went out yesterday and wasn't able to post or change the map, will do so tonight! :) I don't know if this is allowed, but since I didn't really have the chance to do it, I've already written yesterday's claims offline, so I'll just copy and paste it onto this, along with today's claims. I was luckily able to read the posts from my phone, but I wasn't gonna type all of this with a phone, that just sucks -Gilmanian Districts

Claims: Rest of Montana

"Our brothers have been attacked today. The cartels of Mexico have risen up simultaneously to wage war upon the Texan Confederation. This will not be allowed to stand. I formally declare war upon the cartels, and though we may not share a border with the cartels, we will do all we can to supply our Texan brothers with the ammunition, weaponry, and supplies they need for their war. We are of course going to keep most of our military directed towards the larger Canadian threat, but I take the League seriously, and will always extend a hand to help the nations that joined. Though none of the signatories of the League are perfect, I know that together we are stronger than we'd ever be divided, and it is our duty to help each other towards the future of the world; cooperation is the only way to keep us from going under, and being lost to time. I will do my best to uphold my share of the alliance, and in doing so will attempt to crush all of the Mexican drug cartels I can find." - President Schwegler

We have just received the ships that our Texan brothers built for us, and in doing so thanked them dearly for such a great token of friendship. We would, with these new ships, like to announce the beginning of the designing of our own aircraft carrier. It will be a rather small carrier, only capable of holding twelve fighter planes, but it is still going to be one of the most powerful ships we own. We have worked with our scientists to construct a design for a thorium-powered ship, which will grant the ship unlimited power upon the seas.

Speaking of the seas, our brave souls sent to Japan are actually alive, and report that not a single Japanese person was reported. They went to both Tokyo and Osaka, finding nothing but ruin, and bombed out shells of cities. They have reason to believe the Russians got to them before their demise, and most of the Japanese islands were completely culled of their populations, probably due to the hatred and resentment held against them after the complete collapse of civilization. The crew is almost to Seattle, and will be kept in quarantine for a month until we can be sure that they have no traces of the bio-weapon on them.

Another voyage was sent to the Philippines to see if there was anyone left there, and there were also very few inhabitants. It seems that the Pacific was one of the hardest hit regions of the world, and almost nobody is left on many of the islands within it. This autumn's voyages have been very silent and solemn, with very little good news of survivors being relayed to the Seattle naval headquarters. Hopefully, we will have greater luck on the other side of our continent, in and across the Atlantic.

Our war with Canada is still ongoing, and has begun to take a toll on the Canadians. It's mostly been small skirmishes, and nothing major has taken place since the first battle for Ontario. We've been slowly picking off divisions, not wanting to push until we know it's the right moment to do so.

The Republic of Wisconsin has also been criticized by many for the lack of public elections for Presidents. President Schwegler has gotten word of this, and has decided to share his opinion on the topic. "I believe it is just and right to hold elections for the people, and so elections will eventually take place. Eventually. I do not believe our nation is quite ready to allow such elections when we've only just begun to stabilize after the resignation of Alexander Wiley. I expect that elections will come back within the next decade, if not even sooner." The introduction of elections could possibly introduce political parties to Wisconsin, and this could have benefits and harsh consequences both. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for elections.

Oktoberfest and Halloween have both gone by, with Thanksgiving not too far away. All of us have great stories ready to be shared around the campfires of Christmas. Hopefully, our soldiers will be home by that time, and we can all celebrate it together. We wish everyone a happy harvest season!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claims: Galapagos Islands and Southwest Region of North Dakota

"I have to come forward with alarming news. Our ship with the purpose of exploring Japan was hijacked by the Japanese, them holding the soldiers at gunpoint, telling them to give good news. When the ship docked in the port of Seattle, hundreds of Japanese spilled from the ship, killing as many as they could. We easily crushed them, but we still lost many lives today. We will not forget this atrocity, and will of course retaliate for this act. Our flags have all been lowered to half mast, and we will remember this tragedy for the rest of our lives. A memorial of all of the lives lost will be built in Seattle to pay homage to the innocents who lost their lives, and the soldiers who braved the waves in the name of exploration." - President Schwegler

The PUSA has recently launched their first canine into space, a year after our own. We congratulate them for accomplishing this feat, and wish them good luck upon their very first steps into the stars.

Texas has received our offerings of weaponry, and have begun using them on their war with the cartels. We are likely to hear word from them within the next few days as well. Our nation's own war against Canada has also been doing well, with more and more dying by the day. We are likely to see a capitulation or a surrender within a short while, though fighting has stagnated due to this winter's temperature. The PUSA's war on the cartels' influence will also be helped by our nation, with us hoping to send them enough supplies to curtail the cartels' effects on the nation.

There has been a breakthrough in our aircraft carrier design. The carrier's design was tested, and has been proven to be successful, after the creation of a thorium reactor. The carrier is expected to be constructed within the next two years, with a sister carrier being constructed alongside it. The ships we own now have been steadily rising in number, what with the annexation of Hawaii, the rescue of rusting and rotting ships along the coast, and the Texan gifts. Our navy is expanding rapidly, and we've had to recruit more navymen than ever.

Our President has decided that it is of utmost importance to take the Galapagos islands for ourselves in order to save their species and biodiversity. It isn't really owned by us, instead being set up as a biological preserve in which the unique species of the islands can survive and thrive. The less impact we have on their ecosystems, the better. Our scientists have been studying them for several months, but now have the ability to have temporary stays at scientific outpost ships near the islands themselves. Some have even had the privilege of seeing animals up close and personal, and having limited interactions with the giant tortoises of the islands. The poaching world was all but killed off with our economies when the world went dark, so the tortoises have been allowed a thriving life, where they can peacefully breed and thrive on their island homes.

This winter has been almost as eventful as autumn, and we are glad that is the case. Our people watch and wait as the clock begins to tick towards a whole new decade. The nineteen-sixties have almost begun, and we have almost reached the beginning of a new dawn. Thanksgiving and Christmas were celebrated among our people, and the people of our nation have gathered in remembrance of all of those we have lost to the Japanese attack, as well as the Canadians in our war with one another. We are excited for the year that lies ahead.

OOC Once again, sorry for the delay, hopefully I figured it out so it won't happen again :)

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Ongoing Wisconsinite-Canadian War

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Wed May 08, 2019 11:19 am

OOC this would've been for yesterday, but it was at 11:30 at night and didn't make an update due to tiredness

The war with Canada has been quite successful thus far, and has once again seen a shocking blow to the Canadian forces! We have absolutely crushed them, and we ultimately lost less than they did again. We don't have exact numbers for you now, but another region of Canada, the last region that we are going to own of their current nation after the war, has been taken. From now on, we will be pushing into what will be PUSA territory, and will also begin a rougher march towards both Toronto and Ottawa, as well as Quebec City later on. The death of the Canadians is inevitable. They asked us for a cheap way out, but President Schwegler simply denied them a vassalization by our nation. "I will only accept complete and utter capitulation and unconditional surrender from the Canadian people, if they wish for the war to be over they must say it is over. To them, the PUSA is a ticking time bomb. It's only a matter of time before they join us as well, to kick down the rotten frame that is left of their government once we raze the roof, burn the walls, and let termites thrive within the foundations. There will soon be nothing left of them for the PUSA to take, I'm afraid. Lest we forget their treachery towards the PUSA, as well as our own nation. I hope they take solace in the fact that their flags are being put to good use keeping our soldiers warm on their marching towards the East." - President Schwegler

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: Remainder of North Dakota

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 pm

"Our vision of encompassing the old Republic's northwest has almost been complete, with the annexation of the rest of North Dakota. The only place left to annex is that of the remainder of Washington, and from there on out it's Canada. We have done what would've seemed impossible for a little dairy state; we've annexed almost a third of the original Republic's land! We're soon on our way to doing even more as well. Who'd have thought our little state could've been the first to launch a satellite into orbit? Who'd have thought we'd have been the first to launch a dog into orbit? Nobody could've ever in their wildest dreams imagined how incredible the feats of Wisconsin would've become. Our monuments to the fallen in Seattle and Madison show that not everything has been great for us, but they ultimately show that we remember them and will remember them for the rest of our time here on this planet. It will only get better from here." - President Schwegler, mere minutes before his assassination attempt

Our President was shot twice on January 1st, 1960 during his speech on how far our nation had come since its inception. He was luckily shot in the right shoulder and abdomen, the bullets not killing him. Despite the event causing widespread panic among the enormous crowd, authorities were able to catch the criminal behind the shooting. It was in fact a Canadian woman hidden among the crowd sent to kill the President to end the war. The Canadian was fiercely interrogated by both the military and the WIS (Wisconsinite Investigation Sector), and gave up very valuable information on where the Canadians would be attacking, and what they'd be attacking with.
The presses of Wisconsin were all told to say that our President had immediately died, on his order, so that they may trick the Canadians into believing that they had successfully killed him. This is not public knowledge, of course, but the Canadians have been totally fooled. We begin to surround their stockpiles with divisions ready to push in on the President's command. Schwegler is actually in decent shape, despite his injuries, and continues to govern the nation under the guise that the Vice President, Gaylord A. Nelson, is in total control of the government. The people are shocked and are in great despair for their President, but it is best to withhold the news until the war is over, or at least until the next few battles are won with the help of the woman's interrogations. It is likely that he will make a public address after the next attack, and its great success. For now, however, only the military and higher ups must know.

As harsh as the news may be, there is much good news to counter it. The renovation of Mt. Rushmore has been completed, and there is now permanent maintenance crews to keep it in tip top shape. Many people from across the continent visit this monument, especially tourists from the PUSA. We have yet to receive word from the PUSA on their new monument they've been working on, but would like to hear of their progress.

As well as this good news, there is the grand announcement of our next space plan, we will be sending a man to space by the Spring of 1961. There could be a full year ahead, and the people within our space program are highly secretive, but we hope that this feat will be accomplished soon.

Though this spring was one of great sorrow, we hope the summer will be far greater than this.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Wed May 08, 2019 1:21 pm

The Provisional United States Congress passes a $300 million stimulus plan to rebuild and reunify Arkansas, starting with the easternmost portions of the state. There is also breaking news. On January 2, 1960, three shots were fired at President Irwin, one going through the heart, killing him instantly. Vice President Germano Pierluigi Amadori is sworn in as the 35th President of the United States. The PFBI and the CIA quickly find the perpetrator. It is a Canadian male sent by the Canadian remnants to attempt to install a more pro-Canadian administration. The Speaker of the House was their preferred President. The man reveals a plan to install Canadian agents in the nuclear power program, cause meltdowns, and frame Wisconsin. The Speaker is forced out, and the man agrees to become a CIA informant. Congress quickly declares war against Canada. In the first action of the American-Canadian War, the Air Force begins to bomb munitions factories across Canada. It also bombs the Canadian Parliament, hoping to kill the Prime Minister. The mission is successful, as the head of the Air Force goes on television and radio and confirms the Prime Minister is dead, according to internal sources. The Army moves across the border, hoping to capture Toronto in a quick drive. Marines are deployed along the way, clearing the most fanatical Canadian fighters. The Navy bombards Canada's seaports, hoping to render them inaccessible. While this is being done, it is revealed that a desperate Canada was taking aid from the Confederacy and Nazi Germany. Canadian flags are now used by the PUSA's army to keep warm. In other news, a second television network is launched by CBS, as the medium has seen 50% growth year after year. The anti-drug policies are helpful, but cartel related violence is getting worse. 2,000 more Marines are sent to Mexico to destroy the cartels.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claim: Remainder of Washington

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Thu May 09, 2019 12:50 pm

The great sorrow of the PUSA's President being assassinated flooded through the nation. Only a short while after our own President was shot, our ally in the PUSA was fatally wounded by another Canadian. These acts of violence have shaken most Wisconsinites to their core. Massive droves of them sign up to join the military and fight the Canadian menace, and many others do the same in the PUSA. This war has gone on long enough. This summer is likely the last of the Canadians' existence, and they will likely cease to do so within the next few months of war. Our people have even begun finding Canadian-Wisconsinite citizens, and lynching them as quick as they possibly can. The deaths of hundreds of people are seen as just and right by the Wisconsinite people, as morally wrong as it would be. It is only a matter of time before their time is up.

In other news, our twin thorium-powered aircraft carriers have finished construction, and have (with a large escort fleet) forced their way through the Panama Canal. Almost 250,000 soldiers on a massive transport fleet accompany them, fresh from Seattle. They have just recently reached the shores of New York and docked there for an eventual mass landing on Canadian soil in what could be one of the largest naval invasions in North American history, or possibly even world history. The soldiers are all ready to continue the fight and take the fighting to the Canadian capital of Quebec City, after the Ontarian capital was moved to stop Wisconsinite soldiers from taking over their government. The assassinations, a foolish move by the Canadians, caused the PUSA to declare war, and so their capital is even more vulnerable. We foresee another capital movement away from both of our fronts, but for now, their new capital is fresh for the taking.

Another occurrence that recently took place was that of the test launch for a WONDERS (Wisconsinite Organization of National Discovery and Exploration of Remote Space) spacecraft that would take a man to low Earth orbit. There are twelve men that have trained for months, waiting for the perfect opportunity to go to space. Out of the twelve, three seem the most likely to be the lucky one launched. Grzegorz Grabowski, an engineer; Ralph Bachmeier, a high-ranking Wisconsinite air force pilot; and George Sutherland, a scientist that has much experience in the field of astronomy. We are unsure at this time who will be making the trip, but it is likely to be one of them. The ship's test results have been classified, due to the nature of the ship's mission, and due to the uncertainty of launch success at this time. From most scientist's estimates, we are likely to launch an astronaut into orbit by May of next year.

As well as this news, there has been an announcement made by "President Nelson" that he would like to cede a portion of Illinois to straighten the borders between our two nations. A new straight line has been drawn between Iowa and Indiana, and Nelson is asking if the PUSA would be willing to take this portion of Illinois in a treaty between our two nations.

The summer of this year was quite interesting, and the next few months are likely to continue in this path, due to the intense nature of the space race and war of Wisconsin and the PUSA against the Canadians. We wish all a great summer season, and good luck in worldly affairs.
Last edited by Gilmanian Districts on Thu May 09, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 09, 2019 1:41 pm

President Amadori orders that 200,000 soldiers from the Army and the Marines join the Wisconsinites in their invasion of Canada. After hugely popular President irwin was assassinated, so many apply to join up with the Armed Forces that they half to turn people away. The two battleships of the Navy have been completed, named Yorktown and Appotomax. As President Amadori tells the nation, these ships will partake in the greatest triumphs of American history as the brave men of the Republic did during the revolution and the Civil War. A third battleship is commissioned, to be named Compiègne. The Navy also unveils a second nuclear-powered carrier, this time on thorium, taking an old name, Enterprise. The bombing raids have ground down Canadian industry to a virtual standstill. Many units run out of ammunition or guns. Some isolated units begin surrendering to the Americans en masse. With word reaching the Air Force that the new Canadian capital is in Quebec City, raids are immediately begun in an attempt to destroy the Canadian remnant government and force its surrender. Canada uses some of its last airpower to launch a raid on New York and a raid on Washington. A bomb meant for the White House fails to explode, but in New York casualties are massive. Video of the destruction is widely broadcast on the two television networks, further increasing American anger towards Canada. NASA announces it plans to test a rocket capable of carrying a man into space. The test is successful, with the public celebrating this victory over Wisconsin. The monument in Washington to the fallen is 45% complete. It will portray Columbia, kneeling before an obelisk symbolising the lives lost but with one eye on the future of America. As for the offer of territory from Wisconsin, the PUSA officially accepts.
Last edited by The Orion Islands on Thu May 09, 2019 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claim: Two Regions Above the Invaded Regions of Canada

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Fri May 10, 2019 12:59 pm

President Schwegler's condition has taken a turn for the worst, and an infection has begun spreading from his shoulder. He is still alive, fighting for his life against the infection. Doctors say he has a twenty percent chance of death within the next month, and that he should stop leading the nation for the time being so that he may recover. "President" Nelson is actually going to temporarily take the Presidency, until Schwegler can heal. Hopefully, he'll come out of it okay.

In other news, hundreds of our ships are on their way to invade the Canadian mainland. They will be invading as close as they can to Quebec City through the Gulf of St. Lawrence, then down the river towards Montreal. The aircraft carriers and other ocean ships will sadly have to remain in the ocean, but they are shelling and bombing the coast as a distraction from the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Almost every single ship holding soldiers we have is already on their way, and will be reaching the city within the following hours.

Perhaps the most important news we have today is that of the launch of the very first human being into space. Our most advanced ship was sent up on October 4th, carrying none other than Grzegorz Grabowski into low Earth orbit. All was successful until we had learned that the capsule holding him, once reaching orbit, had lost several of the ceramic plates lining it, and would be unable to reenter the atmosphere without killing Grzegorz. Grzegorz knew of the grave danger he was in, and realized he wouldn't be returning home. Most of WONDERS's crew weren't entirely sure if humans would lose consciousness during spaceflight, but he reassured them by answering when they called for him. He gave them the news, shortly after. The ship had gun on board, and this was meant to be used if the astronaut couldn't return home before the end of the mission. His last act was telling a sorrowful populace that he was glad to have been the first human in space, and that he was also glad to have had the wonderful life he did. He then cut the transmission, and successfully committed suicide on October 5th, 12:09 AM. The ship would then reenter the atmosphere at 12:25 AM, burning up and exploding upon reentry. No remains of the brave man could be found, but a single piece of the capsule he was in was discovered; ironically a piece of ceramic from the ship. This piece of ceramic will be kept in a mini museum built in his home town, which will also have a memorial for his achievement and his bravery for going on the mission that ended his life. "I've never seen anything so beautiful! The heavens blanket me now, like an angel with a child... Wow! I wish my children could see this! The world is so... astounding from up here. How small the world seems!" -Grzegorz Grabowski shortly after regaining consciousness while reaching low Earth orbit

There is also news from Illinois that the PUSA accepted the ceding of some of Illinois and even Iowa to straighten the borders between the PUSA and Wisconsin. The deal was a success, and was finalized this August. The other land change was that of annexing the land north of our already conquered lands. This is in an effort to completely surround the Canadians in an attempt to convince them that they should surrender.

Our war on the Mexican drug cartels has been quite successful, with our guns having reached the Texan Confederation's southernmost populations, helping them defend themselves as long as possible. We wish the best of luck to the Texans, and have since writing this officially banned all forms of non-medical and non-alcoholic/non-tobacco drugs from our nation. People are still allowed the medical attention they need, and are still allowed to drink and smoke (with a tax), but cannot partake in the use of harsh drugs that the cartels are known for selling.

Our President on the verge of death, our first man sent to space dying there, our war with Canada being as rough as it is... This has been a very rough few months. All Wisconsinites wish for an easier time, but it is certain that until the Canadian War is over, we will be stuck with it. Oktoberfest has come and gone, as has Halloween, and those of course are still happy times, but everyone can't help feeling a bit off.

"As your President, I say times have been rough for all of us. As your friend, I say that times can and will only get better. We can rise above this horrid world we survive in. One failure will not destroy the people. We will not give up. We will not be the second Ozark Union to fall, and we will certainly not become something such as the Confederates. We will become something better than all of this, and though I'm sure most of you are having a bad time, we will all rejoice together as our nation pulls itself out of the hole of despair. We can turn this situation around. We have managed to send a man to a world unknown, and have had success after success in space flight. We have won every battle we've had with the Canadians. We have expanded our holdings to a much grander scale than what anyone could've ever imagined. We have gone from a people ravaged by disease, war, and death to becoming something of a legend, bound to be put in history books around the world as our destiny leads us towards a greater future together." -President Nelson
Last edited by Gilmanian Districts on Fri May 10, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Claim: Remainder of Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
The PUSA continues its push north. It also launches a seaborne invasion of cartel land.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist Waffle Empire » Fri May 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Claims: https://imgur.com/a/SxlGdiu

This is the TNBS, bringing you today's top stories from across the country

Today's top story, Texan Army soldiers. Supported by PUSA, and Missourian expeditionary forces, and civilian volunteers. successfully eliminated several of the more prominent cartels, whose leader were either killed in the fighting, or are now currently going through the Texan court system. Most notably, the cartel that was holed up near Mexico city has been wiped out amongst the others. So those of you currently living in the city, your homes are safe again. There are still several cartels operating across unclaimed Mexican territory, but rest assured, knowing that the Texan Armed Forces is actively engaging in combat with them. In order to wipe them off the map.

In other news, the new Carrier of the Texan Navy, dubbed the TrNS Libertador, has been deemed seaworthy, and is undergoing preliminary sea trials before her electronics are put in. The ship's construction is running ahead of schedule, due to unusually calm weather for this time of year.

A large expedition is planned to visit the eastern coast of South America, due to pre-war reports of huge deposits of Lithium within Chile and Bolivia. It is hoped that a large mining conglomerate can be set up down there, to exploit this. For lithium, is a vital component of many electrical components. Of course, they will also to attempt to make contact in Lima and Santiago, to see if there is any life on that side of continent.

God Bless Texas!
Now i know what yall may be thinkin. No, im not a fascist, i'm theocratical monarchy. And no, we are not a country composed of sentient waffles. Although that was one of the original ideas.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sat May 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Claim: Eastern portions of Maine
Victory over the New England raiders is in sight. The raiders are surrendering en masse. The US Marines have captured Ottawa, the former capital of Canada. Toronto and Quebec City are in sight. In other news, Harvard University, Yale University, Johns Hopkins University, the University of Notre Dame, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology have reopened to students. The next generation of American students will have many great places to learn and grow into the thinkers of tomorrow. NASA launches a man into space, earning America’s first victory in the Space Race.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: In Text

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Mon May 13, 2019 1:40 pm

OOC Sorry I haven't been updating guys, I've been really busy with finals, but I still want to update for both yesterday and saturday, as well as today. I'm gonna do a thing that catches me up to the current timeline like I did before, feel free to do that as well because I'm all for adding new claims and stuff. I know this thing has died already, and I'm just prolonging the inevitable, but I still want to do this guys. Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claims: Southern Coasts of British Colombia

As our army advances, so does the infection's toll on Schwegler's health. He has gone through many cycles of healing and detriment, and though things look good for the long term, the short term isn't great. With our most recent Canadian invasion, however, we have good news. Our transport ships all successfully landed our soldiers in a full-scale invasion of Quebec City, storming the capital by surprise, and destroying countless divisions. We are likely to hear their surrender in the coming days. The PUSA has done their part in bombing the Canadians, but it seems that the war is over now that their capital is owned.

We have just sent to the PUSA several million dollars to help with the rebuilding of damaged New York infrastructure, as well as to aid them in their losses from Canadian bombing. We hope that after this war, they can recover and become stronger than ever, even without their old President at the helm.

Temporary President Nelson has, with this successful Canadian invasion, told the people that their old President is alive, but not currently fit to serve. He estimates that Schwegler will be back in office within the next three months, so Nelson's presidency will only be for a short while longer.

Our scientists have also made breakthroughs in the research of the old bio-weapon that wiped out civilization as we know it. They had been studying it for years to see what caused it to kill so many, so quickly, and have just now found what made the deadly virus tick. It happened to be a modified version of the Spanish Flu, and was so successful due to this fact. Several of our scientists have developed weak versions of this virus to give to the general public that has either been spared from the virus's deadly grip. This helped them to build an immunity that they need to survive in this world, and this virus will no longer kill anyone in our nation. Mandatory vaccinations happen all throughout the country, and are given for free due to the severity of the virus. Hundreds of thousands of vaccines are also shipped over the borders with the Texan Confederation as well as the PUSA.

In other great news, as winter was only beginning, the end of reconstruction had begun. The rebuilding of our nation's abandoned or destroyed cities had commenced several years ago, but this winter marks the end of reconstruction in the Midwest. Only the Rocky Mountains need their buildings reconstructed, as great emphasis was placed on repair of the coast. As we move further along the coast, annexing land from what was once British Colombia, we have been repairing buildings as we move along.

The last news of today is the announcement of the launching of another person into space. Though the memories of Grzegorz still linger in the minds of many, one of his dying wishes was to go on without him, and not to dwell on his death. Though many are saddened, we continue on towards the stars. Only a few winters ago was a small satellite launched into space. We can continue onward from our failure, and create great success. The next astronaut to be sent up is the scientist George Sutherland, but he will have to wait. This winter marks the launch of our newest satellite series, the Scout probes. Scout I was launched early on this winter, and managed to travel to the Moon to take pictures, before being flung out into deep space, never to return. Scout II was the first attempt at putting a probe in orbit of the Moon itself, but we miscalculated the gravity of the Moon by a small amount, and it too was flung outwards. It, however, wasn't launched towards deep space, but is instead on a collision course with the Sun. Our third Scout was successful in its mission, and was able to send us a grand amount of valuable information on the Moon's surface, so that we can be ready to land on the lunar surface. We have, due to the nature of the space race, classified the images and information we've gathered on the Moon, but will publicly share it in due time. The next launch is likely to be one in which we put a lander on the Moon in preparation of sending astronauts there. This will, of course, begin the SELENE missions, only ten of which will lead us to the Moon.

The winter has seemed warm with the feelings of happiness shared among our people, as well as the solemn vigil we all share for our country's losses in the war. Christmas and Thanksgiving seemed to coincide with one another as one giant holiday celebration, where everyone was happy and together for the first time in many months. We wish everyone happy holidays.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claims: Northern Coast of British Colombia and Haida Gwaii

"Despite my illness, I believe it is my duty to continue running the country to the best of my abilities. I hereby remove President Nelson from office, and once again move all cabinet positions back to what the were previous to my 'assassination'. All is back to normalcy, as far as I'm aware, and I cannot believe that I was gone as long as I was. It may seem shocking to most of you that I am in fact alive, but to trick the Canadians into a false sense of security, it was more beneficial for everyone to believe I was dead. I apologize for having to do that, but I hope all of you can see past the deceit I have wrought upon my nation, and begin again as we always did. I'd like to begin my Presidency by announcing the complete surrender of all troops within the Quebec City area, and a cease-fire between our divisions and those that we have captured. All of these POW's were sent onto the transport ships that carried our soldiers only months before, and the POW's have been sent to Thorium and coal mines around the country to help in our effort to defeat Canada. We are *this* close to defeating the Canadian threat, and it seems that they've begun running out of supplies from the Fascists across the pond and the Confederacy. They probably realized they were fighting a losing battle and pulled out funding as quick as they could, and it is now only a matter of time before the Canadians fall apart at the seams. We've heard multiple reports of mutinies from Canadian divisions, and have in fact received three Canadian divisions that defected to our nation. The fighting is simply futile at this point, as our men continue to march southwest until they reach the rest of Canada's major cities. We have won this war.

The spring of 1961 has had great success in space accomplishment, and our lunar lander finally landed on the Moon. SELENE I landed in the Oceanus Procellarum, and didn't sink into Moon dust as many scientists had feared. It had a hard landing, and barely survived the impact it made, only the radio signal it produced having survived the impact. The camera still worked for a time as well, and took several pictures of its landing before the camera died. The lens was cracked in many places, so it wasn't the best quality, but the images still were the most detailed observation of the Moon we've ever seen. The radio blips lasted for 32 days, finally running out of power at that point. The failure of landing can be attributed to the fact that the controlled burn was not enough to slow it down quick enough, and our scientists are now able to account for this error. We have begun correcting our landing gear for another landing, SELENE II being the next mission. SELENE I was only a test to see if we could land anything on the Moon, and now that we have a definitive "yes", we can finally launch a more permanent lander to study the Moon's surface. SELENE III won't be far behind, and will mark the first mission where human beings will be sent to orbit the Moon. We are sure that the PUSA is not far behind in their efforts to land on the Moon.

Another important matter is that of the completion of the memorial built in Seattle to honor the people killed by the Japanese hijackers, as well as the soldiers that lost their lives on the way back home. The 15 ft tall statues have been completed recently, and have been the talk of the nation. Many of the victim's families walk among the statues of soldiers and people killed. The statues are complete recreations of all of those that lost their lives, each of which being made far larger than they were to signify how much they meant to us. There is a total of 294 statues built to commemorate those lost, and this is a testament to how much Wisconsin is willing to put forth for those that they care about.

This spring's news of the President retaking office, as well as the incredible accomplishment of the WONDERS space program and Canadian invasion has made many believe only good times are ahead.
Claims: Alaskan Coasts Connected to Canada

"Our capture of Montreal leaves only one major city in Canadian hands, and it is likely to be captured by our or the PUSA's forces within a few months. This comes at a time in the war when most Canadians are truly exhausted, and a time at which Wisconsin is at its best in terms of military movement. The warm weather, of course allowing us to do more than we can during winter months. The death of Canada, as I've stated before, is inevitable, and the whole rotten structure will collapse within a matter of weeks or months. This country is surely unable to last. Our air force is now paradropping pamphlets that ask for Canadian surrender, as well as to show them how surrounded they are. This is, of course, when the bombers aren't doing their work of bombing the Canadians into submission. Our planes are fitted with wailing air sirens that are similar to that of the Nazi regime in Europe. When we strike fear into the hearts of the people of Canada, it's only a matter of time before they themselves tear their country apart at the seams, with mass defectings and mutinies by the citizens and government of the country. I know how many times I've said this already, but they are done. There is simply nothing that they can do at this point. The war has been won, admittedly at a cost."

Explorers of the Alaskan Coast have discovered many ships that line the coast, and our ship repair crews are doing the best they can to either salvage or entirely repair ships. Speaking of ship repair, the USS Arizona has been fully rescued from the watery grave it once resided in. A large project that involved hundreds of hours of crane work taking parts from the ship and pulling them slowly above water was begun around a year ago, and each and every part has been accounted for. The ship is expected to be seaworthy within another year, and we are willing to give this ship back to the PUSA free of charge, due to the friendship we share, and also as a gift for joining our war, and helping us see it to the end.

Our space program is also going quite well, with SELENA II being launched on the Fourth of July (many speculate that this is in spite, just to poke at the PUSA, but many others say it is only due to the timing of the Moon being closest to Earth. Nobody really seems to know which it is). It successfully lands on the Moon three days later, and this time is quite functional. This craft was fitted with solar panels so that it may be essentially permanently powered. It is a rather basic instrumentational probe, where it can take pictures of its surroundings and relay them back to Earth, just like the other probe. The only difference is that it is able to use its other instruments without them having been broken upon landing. It holds radiation measuring devices, as well as devices to better study the stars around us. Our probe's most astonishing feature is that it has a telescope that can send back rather detailed information about stars we've never gotten a better chance to look at. The abscence of an atmosphere allows us to see an untainted view of the universe, and these pictures have been made public, so that they may be studied worldwide. Another thing launched was a cache of dried food, as well as other items for astronauts to use upon landing on the Moon. Each of the items is kept in lead-insulated foil that will keep radiation's harmful effects away. There was also several oxygen tanks sent, for surplus if astronauts need them. This cache isn't meant for just Wisconsinites, but for American astronauts as well if they reach it. Our President has stated, "Space can, in a way, be owned by a person, a group of people, or even a country. This cannot be said for places we've never reached, but for places like the Moon, I'm sure deeds will be drawn up to grab up as much land as possible. I would like to avoid a 'Moon War', and so I'd like to create a treaty between our nations that puts restrictions in place for such claims."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
TREATY OF SPACE COLONIZATION

For any plot of intergalactic land other than land on our world to be owned, you must first meet the following specifications;
- You must have a permanent population of more than ten
- You must plant crops and successfully have harvest there to show that you intend to use the land you own, or otherwise must have a purposeful building on the site's premises
- You must not use the land for nefarious means unless during times of war, in which this rule is made null and void
- You must ensure the preservation of space's natural beauty, and therefore must have a way to rid of waste effieciently but responsibly, and must also make sure to keep all contaminants away from the environment
- You must ensure the protection and safety of the inhabitants of your claim, meaning you cannot send human beings up for experimental purposes, and must ensure that you do all you can to keep them alive and well

All of these rules must ALWAYS be followed, or any and all perpetrators will be deemed treasonous and will be punished for a capital offense.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have any suggestions for edits, we'd very much appreciate it, President Amadori. We're supposed to be in this together. Without cooperation and laws, space will become just as chaotic as Earth. I will not stand for such a thing to happen." - President Schwegler

In other news, our nation's progress towards Australian annexation has yet to have begun. Australia had, at first, shown reluctance to join the country, but has since decided that they'd like to be annexed by our nation. President Schwegler has stated that he wishes for such an annexation to happen, but he puts North America first. It is likely that once the coast of the Pacific is annexed, the Republic of Wisconsin will begin annexing Australian territories. Many believe Wisconsin has expanded to the point that it is no longer the Wisconsin it was, and there is almost no point in calling it a Wisconsinite republic any longer. This is, however, uncommon, and many still wish to go by the Wisconsinite name. There is, when elections are held for the first time, a chance that the Republic of Wisconsin may recieve a name change, but many say that this is unlikely. Australia's joining, however, may change this, for not even the old Republic could have called itself "American" if half of it were Australia's land.

We know not what the future brings, but at least all Wisconsinites can celebrate the summer of 61' happier than ever before. With Canada on the brink of collapse, and with our nation's aspirations growing higher and higher, all seems to look well for our nation's future. Happy summer, everyone!
Last edited by Gilmanian Districts on Mon May 13, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: Two More Alaskan Coast Regions

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Tue May 14, 2019 12:03 pm

"I would like to inform all Wisconsinites that my health has actually rebounded, and I no longer have infection from my gunshot wounds. I have survived assassination, and have survived the effects it has wrought upon my body, as has my nation. From a low feeling we shared when I was shot to what we do now, we have come together to face the impossible! We stand united against Canada! We stand united against the Confederacy! We stand united against the German Reich! We stand united against all that we may call foes to our regime! We are no longer the subservient slave to an American cause; we write our own destiny. It is the thing of fantasy that we commit to these days; a trip to the Moon seemed at one point something of science fiction, but is now becoming science fact. Technological advancement, though it may have stumbled, has skyrocketed far further forward than the world could've ever dreamed of only twenty years prior. I expect that the world as we know it is about to face great change, perhaps for the good, or perhaps for the bad. There is no way of our people knowing what will happen, but we do know this; our destiny will be one of our own. We may influence the future, or may even be influenced by outside parties, but I know for a fact that our destiny will not be infringed upon or tainted by anyone or anything." - President Schwegler

Our reconstruction of the USS Arizona has reached 28% recently, and has been worked on vigorously for the past few months. Most of the rescued ships along the Alaskan-Colombian coast have also just begun reconstruction, and will soon be integrated into our already large navy. Many of our ships still wait along the coasts of Canada, ready to be brought back to the Pacific where they belong, but must lay in wait until Canada unconditionally surrenders.

A fleet of our navy had also been sent on a mission to reach the Philippines. The islands of the Philippines were one of the first places to have been hit by the plague, and have had much time to recover. Any and all Japanese they could find were quickly eliminated, and the Islands secured. They had no idea who could've sent ships after such a long time, but they knew right away that they weren't Japanese. We met general MacArthur there, who was the defacto leader of the Philippines, and he stated that the Japanese stopped sending ships around 1947, and the islands haven't had any visitors since. We gave them the news of what had happened in North America, and he was utterly astounded. We asked if he would like to join the PUSA, but to our surprise he decided against it. He stated, "The United States would never have let such a thing happen... falling apart like that. I think that this "PUSA" is nothing more than a power grab by whoever's in charge. I refuse to believe that our nation would attack an ally like Canada." President Schwegler was then slated to visit the Filipino capital within the next few weeks, and he arrived in late October. The meeting went very well, and MacArthur was surprised to have learned that the people sent to meet him weren't in fact part of the PUSA. "I had thought the whole time that these were American citizens... I would've never guessed that they were just a bunch of people from Wisconsin! Then again, Wisconsin is a lot bigger than I thought it was." - Douglas MacArthur
The Philippine leader decided that he would like to join Wisconsin's ranks, and he has since been granted the role of General of the Army, and will likely be sent to the front lines of Canada to help fight the war. Most people have no idea how he was swayed to join the nation, many theorizing that it was either at gunpoint or it was bribed, but both he and Schwegler deny that.

The space program is moving along on schedule as well, with the SELENE III mission being drafted as we speak, and with the astronauts undergoing vigorous training to prepare for a Moon orbit. The trip will take an incredible 8 days to complete, and will be the longest space mission to date. The mission will likely commence within the next year, most likely in the spring or summer of 1962. The President wishes for the date to be not too far off, for the PUSA might outcompete us, or too soon, for the mission might not have enough time to be thought out all the way, and completely ready. Wisconsinite funding for the space race is at an all time high, with many different private companies putting their money on our success, and the PUSA has also seen much funding, with many hoping that they win this race. We know of our successes being far greater in number than those of the PUSA, but we will not humiliate them or use it against them. Though the main point of this race is a bit of competition between the PUSA and us, the contributions both of our nations have made in the final frontier are for the greater cause of humanity, not petty fights between our own people. Our President has asked the PUSA recently in one of his speeches if they would like to "end this space race, work together towards the common goals of humankind, and concede this space race to us before it's too late, and billions of dollars that could be cooperatively spent are lost forever." WONDERS has, since President Schwegler's statements on concessions of the PUSA to our own cause, also been very accepting of their defeat if they wish to admit it. Head of the WONDERS project, Nicholas Jackson, said, "I've been wishing for this moment to occur for the last few years, ever since the space race began. I've been hoping for greater cooperation between both of our scientific communities, but with a full-on concession of the PUSA to us, a full integration of both of our space agencies to one another could be more beneficial than anyone could ever imagine. Wisconsinite minds and resources mixed with American minds and resources could do just about anything we want to; hell, we could reach Mars by the 70's!"

The last news of this autumn season is the scary discovery of a fertility decline in the Republic of Wisconsin. For some odd reason, large swathes of the population have had severe losses in fertility rates for the past two years. Scientists have been doing research from yearly census data, and have discovered that many communities of people have been having little or no children. The most chilling part of this decline has to be the explanation behind it. The scientists who have been studying the bioweapon that wiped out civilization has found evidence leading them to believe that the virus has had an effect on the reproductive cycles of human beings. According to their research, in some groups of people, mainly African Wisconsinites and occasionally Middle Eastern populations, the virus was able to change the body's ability to produce sperm in males, and in females it can kill the egg cells. There are rare cases of people unaffected by the disease, as well as rare cases of White or Hispanic fertility decrease, but they are the exception to the rule. Scientists are now studying a way to counteract this effect, but there is no way of knowing if the damage can be reversed. President Schwegler says that this is a tragedy, and that he urges scientists to look deeper into this issue.

The autumn of 1961 has been a very interesting and intriguing one to say the least. We wish all a great Oktoberfest and Halloween celebration, as well as a happy Thanksgiving to all.

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Claims:the remaining cartels

Postby The Fascist Waffle Empire » Tue May 14, 2019 12:49 pm

This is the TNBS, bringing you today’s news from across the country.

In a series of several large movements, all the known cartels were awoken to the sound of rockets and engines, as Texan forces destroyed the fragile cartel states. Arresting their leaders, and burning there stashes. Casualties were light, for while they were surprised, they put up a serious fight. A monument is planned to be built in downtown Veracruz, depicting sergeant James P. York of the 2nd Armored division. He was one of the men who perished in the fighting. The statue is of him carrying a wounded man from the battlefield. And is to be created by a local artist.

The Texan Energy Company has secured the major lithium mines of Northern Chile and Argentina. Colonists are already moving down to the region. And will work alongside native peoples in exploiting the minerals.

God Bless Texas!

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: Rest of Alaskan Coast and an Ontarian Region

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Wed May 15, 2019 9:43 pm

"The war with Canada having gone on long enough, I've asked for their surrender, sending multiple different messengers to many different towns, hoping to find any government that may exist. We were successful in finding a few people in Toronto, hiding within fortified buildings. They recieved our messages and decided they've had enough. The war is over. We are in the process of handing the territories we've invaded to our American friends as we speak, and the rest is being integrated to our nation. Most of their weapons cache was given directly to our cause, and most of the refugees and POWs of the war are being sent back to their homes, with reconstruction beginning in our territories, as well as voluntary groups staying behind to fix towns and cities within the PUSA's borders. Many of our troops begin the long journey home, around the reach of the Confederate navy, and through the Panama Canal, all the way to Seattle. Many others find their way home by land as well, crossing through PUSA land, or going through Canada back into Wisconsin proper. A brand new age has come upon us; one of peace. This age will likely mark the beginning of true prosperity within our nation." - President Schwegler

Our space program has been coming along quite nicely. SELENE III is in the final stages of drafting, and is supposed to begin next year within spring or summer. The planning has been very thorough, and this sending of humans to the Moon's orbit will not fail as the orbital mission did. WONDERS is determined to make it happen. With no response from the PUSA on concession of their "NASA" program, WONDERS waits on standby to see if any new developments are made.

The USS Arizona is near 59% complete, and will likely rejoin the American navy next summer. Winter has slowed down the reconstruction effort, due to the frigid temperatures in Seattle, where it is currently being reconstructed.

Also in recent news, scientists have not discovered any type of remedy to the fertility crisis. They say the best we can do is "wait and see" for any changes to happen in the coming months. Many are afraid of what will happen to communities afflicted with this strange occurence, but are still hopeful for the future.

President Schwegler has also announced some important news on the topic of Australian and Philippine annexation. "I will, once the entirety of our North American Claim, which are the lands we currently surround in North America, are annexed take a more active stance on annexing both Australia and the Philippines. I will within the next few months work to establish Wisconsinite-held colonies in Sydney and Manila to help govern what will become Wisconsinite territories in the future, but there will be little done beyond that at this time."

Winter celebrations around the country begin, as many soldiers that fought in the years long Wisconsinite-Canadian war are finally able to return to their homes for good, and celebrate Christmas with their families. Morale is at an all time high, and everyone is happy to celebrate the defeat of the Canadian menace. Hopefully, the PUSA will have heard the great news and celebrate it as well. We wish all a merry Christmas and happy holiday season. We're very excited to see what 1962 will bring.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 am

Claim: Remainder of Maine
The celebration in the streets is intense after Canada's surrender. The horrors of the war are quickly forgotten by the American people as victory begins to take hold. There is dancing in the streets as the enemies of American liberty, from the New England raiders, to the Ohio Nazis, to the Canadians are ground underfoot. Plans are made by the PUSA to begin the process of annexing the former portions of Canada not falling under the Wisconsinite sphere of influence. In Canada, many former leaders of the Canadian Air Force who ordered the bombing of New York's civilian areas are put on trial for war crimes. Meanwhile, the CIA continues its hunt for Nazi spies, successfully dismantling another ring. One agent talks in exchange for his life, revealing that Germany is attempting to turn American and Wisconsinite public opinion against each other. The full details of the plot are passed on to the Wisconsinites and the media. President Amadori's success in the war lead to Republican landslides in the House and Senate, as well in state legislative chambers with the exception of angry New York. The monument to the victims of the plague is 50% complete. It already is attracting visitors from across the continent. NASA accepts the Wisconsinite offer of cooperation on the space program under the condition that all missions have both an American and Wisconsinite astronaut where it is feasible.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: Sydney and Manila

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 am

"Today marks the beginning of the greatest scientific cooperation in human history. NASA and WONDERS have joined forces to send man to the Moon. The launching of three astronauts to orbit the Moon through SELENE III commenced on the 23rd of March, 1962. Our astronauts, George Sutherland and Ralph Bachmeier, as well as American astronauts Michael Collins and famous John Glenn took the 8 day voyage to the Moon and back. These four men are the first in history to leave Earth's influence, and were the first to have seen the Moon up close. The event was fully televised, and many hundreds of thousands tuned in to watch it live. I myself watched them, and was able to contact them in the duration of the mission, as was President Amadori of the PUSA. The mission was a great success, and we were able to see the effects of weightlessness on our men, as well as be well prepared for an actual landing. All four men landed back on Earth safely, and are ready for the mission to take them to the surface. We will be sending a few more SCOUT probes, and these will have more supplies for the men when they land, as well as one of the probes containing a Moon rover so that they can test driving on the lunar surface. This moment in our species' history is very important; it is the very first steps we've begun taking towards the stars, and we will soon be on our way to other worlds at this pace." - President Schwegler

The merging of NASA and WONDERS to form ISAA (International Space and Aeronautics Administration) will be the beginning of greater cooperation between the PUSA and Wisconsin among news of German ploys to divide our people.

In response to the PUSA's discovery of attempts to divide our people once more, like the Canadian puppets they used only months prior, President Schwegler is sending a final ultimatum to Germany and the Confederacy, with several captured German and Confederate spies on small boats to relay the information. With them is the following document.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Treaty of Immediate Surrender

To all Germans, Confederates, and any remnants of the Canadian forces we've decimated over the last few years, you are to fully capitulate or suffer the might of the entire North American League of Cooperation's forces.

We require all of the following conditions immediately, and all of those that comply will be treated fairly. Those that fail to comply will be held fully accountable for conflicts to come, as well as all lives lost and destruction of all civilian and military structures and equipment. They will not be allowed in any kind of peace conference, and they will become fully subject to the nations within the peace conference, including those that comply with our demands. Any individuals who surrender themselves will also be exempt of immediate execution.

-A fully written surrender oath
-A televised surrender to your own people
-A stepping down of all staff and officers of government
-A complete demilitarization of your nations
-A surrendering of all firearms and any other weapons of war to our own officials and
-The stepping down of all civilians and military that may fight occupation officers that are to enter your nations

These conditions, once again, must all be followed, or unrestricted warfare will be declared upon your nations. You have exactly three months, as of April 19th, 1962, to address this situation. After this period, if no response is garnered from your people, there will be a declaration of war upon all three nations. If you refuse to reply, your nations will also be subject to unrestricted warfare. May god have mercy on your people, for the games you play are over, and it is now that you will begin to play by our rules. The NALC is not to be trifled with, and will destroy any and all enemies to its cause. We will all be waiting.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other important news is the establishment of Wisconsinite Australia and the Wisconsinite Philippines. As President Schwegler stated before, North America is the main focus of the Republic of Wisconsin at this time, but there will be a later attempt to fully annex the lands of both.

With the cold of winter dissipating rather quickly, the USS Arizona is now at 84% completion, with construction speeding up rapidly with the rise in temperature. The summer completion is definitely going to be on schedule, and will join the PUSA's military in time for what is likely to be the upcoming war against the Germans and Confederates.

Many of our soldiers once again leave their homes, much to their families' dismay, but all Wisconsinites know what must be done to stop the ultimate threat to our nations. We call upon the Texans. We call upon the PUSA. We call upon all that are righteous and good to defeat this threat once and for all. This war could be possibly the last full scale war in world history. "WWIII is upon us gentlemen. We may now only wait while the calm before the storm creates rising tension. I have reason to believe that Wisconsin, Texas, and the PUSA will come out on top, becoming the three new world powers. This, folks, is the end game." - General Douglas MacArthur

The spring is one of serenity and quiet calm. The wind blows through the fields and leaves of the trees, and the flowers bloom as they would any other year, but the streets lay empty. Seemingly nobody is out to enjoy the beautiful weather around the country. Houses are filled to the brim with scared mothers and daughters, waiting for the day that their fathers and sons will return from the battlefields of the South, and the river of the Rhine.

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: More of Ontario

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Fri May 17, 2019 11:52 am

"With no response from the powers of evil, except for a few more Canadian remnant forces, the Republic of Wisconsin formally declares war upon the nations of the German Reich and Confederacy. We ask our League to follow in our footsteps, as war begins and our men begin their invasions of Germany and the Confederacy. This war has begun. This is the time to test our allegiance, and see if it holds true. The last straw has been placed upon the camel's back, and the spine of peace has finally splintered into a thousand pieces. Only the best of surgeons will be able to mend this wound, of course, and our alliance seems to have those surgeons. We begin with a look towards the future, as well as a reflection of our past. The evils of the world cannot stand; for all that makes the world evil leaks from a single source, and slowly poisons the rest. This war will be the defining moment in world history. Join us Texas! Join us America! Join us to make the world pure." - President Schwegler

The completion of the USS Arizona was reached early June, at the beginning of the summer, and was simply handed to the PUSA before the declaration of war in July. The war was declared on the Fourth of July, as an inspiration (hopefully) for the Americans to join us in the almighty quest of the destruction of Germany and the Confederacy. The Confederates are expected to declare war upon the PUSA at any moment, and so our troops line their borders with the hopes of slowing them down, stopping them completely, or pushing into their land. As well as that, most of our navy has yet to have returned home from the Canadian war, and so they have begun coordinating an attack on Confederate sea influence. The destruction of their ships is crucial for any kind of invasion from the sea, and will allow the eventual shelling of the coast. Much of our air force is being used to bomb both strategic and civilian areas as both a scare tactic and a means of destroying their military as quickly as possible. Many Wisconsinites and Americans are appalled at the use of such deadly force, but we have deemed it necessary to the war's cause. It was also explicitly stated that the war would be unrestricted, so there is no limit to what our soldiers can do. This, sadly, includes the reintroduction of chemical warfare, with chlorine being launched at the enemy in order to wipe out their forces by surprise. We will stop at nothing to win this war, even if it includes the complete ignorance of the Geneva Conventions, which we are not a signatory of. Any and all Confederates that survive our attack are still saved by our medic divisions, which have supplied what is essentially the enemy with a way to survive the conflict. Many of our people are divided on our the way the war's being carried out, with many angry that we're helping the other side, and many angry that we're using such horrid weapons of war on sometimes innocent people. President Schwegler has addressed this issue by stating, "Once the war is over, elections will be held. As soon as the peace conferences end, you can expel me from my own home, my own country, but for now this is the way it is going to go. Wiley wouldn't have used our methods, and in doing so, would've likely lost this war. The Confederates would've quickly reached the capital of the PUSA, and then kept pushing onward until they cut off New England from the rest of the PUSA's land, then would've quickly reached our own borders. With little left to do, we would've surrendered, and made fools of ourselves. Wisconsin isn't about to give up that easy. Neither will the PUSA or Texans, if they wish to join. This war is atrocious, I know that, but hear my plea: with methods such as these, the war is won, with the minimum amount of casualties sustained." The war is expected to last several years, perhaps even decades, but the extreme effort that Schwegler is putting into defeating the enemy is something to give the people hope for a better future.

Some happier news for our nation is that of the success of SELENE IV, which landed a rover on the Moon that can be directly controlled from the Earth. Two teams of men and women at the headquarters of ISAA, from both the PUSA and Wisconsin, were able to successfully launch the rover, and it has, so far, been able to move around on the Moon's surface with a great amount of ease. Our scientists have used this rover to map out what will likely be the landing area of the coordinated Moon landing in the next few years. Several rocks have been examined by this robot, and the information sent back to our labs indicates that the Moon has rock dated to about the oldest rocks found on Earth, but slightly younger. This has led many to believe that the Moon was formed around the same time as the Earth, and, with materials so very close to those of Earth, could even have been a part of Earth! The current theory of Moon formation has been changed to agree with the science we've found at this period, and suggest that a large body roughly the size of Mars collided with Earth, with the remnants of the impact circling around the Earth until they formed the Moon. The incredible information we've gathered from this rover alone has caused it to gain a lot of fame and recognition, and the general public has given it the nickname "Selena". This name has spread to ISAA, where it has become the official name of the rover, and the rover has now become the mascot of ISAA. Selena has captured the minds of the public as well as our hearts. ISAA's manned Moon landing will likely send multiple people up to give a bit of maintenance to the little rover, and it may even be brought back to Earth so that it may be put into a museum. For now, though, it continues to move at a snail's pace, discovering the Moon little by little.

There is one last piece of news this summer that involves both the PUSA and Republic of Wisconsin, and that is a land purchase that the President is asking from them. In his message to the PUSA, he's asked if the PUSA would be willing to sell the rest of Michigan back to us. In his official statement, the President has made clear that he's willing to pay any price (within reason) that the PUSA is willing to ask of us. Schwegler does not expect that President Amadori will sell Michigan back, but he hopes for some kind of a deal to be made between the two nations.

The war on the Confederacy has begun, and the Germans are likely to join them in battle within the following months. This summer's dire consequences will be felt by one side of the conflict in the coming years, while the other basks in the victory of the century. We all await the news of the first victories in battle, as well as the defeats. We hope for miracles, and so far in our nation's history have received them, but there's no way we can tell what the future will bring. On Wisconsin, and good luck to the rest of the world.

"I have so far led many battles... against Japs, against Canadians, against communists, against Germans, but this new threat: the threat of Americans across the border... it hurts my heart to have to destroy them. Like the Union Army during the Civil War, however, I will destroy my brothers to save our country. Hopefully, this will be the last time." -General Douglas MacArthur

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Fri May 17, 2019 12:53 pm

Within hours of receiving word of the Wisconsinite declarations, Congress passes, and President Amadori signs, a declaration of war against the Confederacy. "I am saddened to see a Second American Civil War to break out, but the treatment of blacks, Catholics, Jews, and dissidents by the criminal organization that calls itself the Confederacy is no longer tolerable by any standards. We only six years ago emerged from the Jim Crow era, and we are determined to maintain that progress while spreading that process to all Americans. The era of racism is now over. As the Confederacy has turned itself away from diplomacy and towards the pre-Civil War era, we had no choice but to join our Wisconsinite allies in the extermination of this filth from our world."
The navy is ordered to bombard the North Carolina shoreline to destroy its coastal defenses. Raleigh's factories are bombed, as is its railways and roadways. Leaflets are dropped all over North Carolina, stating that it will become the next state to rejoin the Union, with equality for all. The Marines then cross into North Carolina, pushing down the coast, engaging the poorly equipped Confederate garrisons with astounding success. The VOA is tasked with broadcasting into the Confederacy with truthful stories about the human rights abuses going on.
In other news, word has been received that Princess Elizabeth has came to the throne of Great Britain, promptly restoring the United Kingdom. The new Prime Minister promptly declares war on both Germany and the Confederacy. Aiding the British Restoration is none other than General Dwight D. Eisenhower. Once he receives word of the United States still in existence, he comes home and is promptly placed in command of the Provisional United States Army, Southern Command.
As for Canada, $1 billion dollars is offered for the portion of Ontario on Lake Erie that Wisconsin controls. As for Michigan, Congress refuses to consider selling it, though the state government drops "Provisional" from its name.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Gilmanian Districts
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Claims: In Text

Postby Gilmanian Districts » Sun May 19, 2019 10:27 am

OOC God damn finals are keeping me busy, sorry once again for the inconsistency... Luckily school gets out on Tuesday, so this won't be a problem anymore.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claims: More of Ontario

"The further we descend into war, the more we realise just how bad the Confederates have been treating their people. We have found on the border a few concentration camps of some kind, where hundreds of thousands of blacks are being kept, as well as some work camps where they are being forced to work for the Confederacy, producing arms, and creating weapons of war to fight this conflict with. Many were so starved they looked like walking skeletons, others were so diseased and gangrened that they looked as if they were one foot into the grave. We rescued as many as possible, and escorted them back into PUSA territory so that they may find a way towards better living. We've set up several refugee camps for people subjugated by the Confederates, and hope to save as many lives as possible. I feel appalled that people that were once a part of the old Republic are now torturing these poor souls... It is neccessary to destroy this awful state entirely. It cannot be allowed to stand. I may be a warmongerer, or a man that doesn't follow the "rules" of war, but this is unparalleled in any point of history, except in that of the German Reich, a close conspirator to the Confederate cause. We shall continue to stand united against this... treachery." -President Schwegler

Several ships of ours begin to reach the coast with ease, and have since been shelling coastal fortifications and cities. Our two aircraft carriers have also been escorted to the coast, and several bombers carrying several thousand bombs have been destroying any and all coastal defense and munitions plants that they can find. It will not be long before we begin some kind of land invasion. The PUSA has also declared war, and is also carrying out an invasion of the Carolinan coast. Our invasion of Mississippi has also been quite successful, with only 512 men dying to almost 4,000 of theirs. We were able to take over the rest of Mississippi for the PUSA, and will return occupation to them after the war.

Speaking of occupation being given to the PUSA; our President has declined the offer of 1 Billion for the Erie portion of Ontario. "We wish for Michigan, as you wish for Ontario. We are willing to give you all of southern Ontario, not just the portion with lake Erie, as well as $2 Billion in exchange for the lower Michigan peninsula. No monetary exchange on your part is necessary. We can negotiate these terms further if you'd like, but for now this is where my offer stands. Essentially all of Canada's major cities and infrastructure for the rest of Michigan sounds like a fair deal to me." -President Schwegler

In lighter hearted news, ISAA was able to launch the first probe to reach another planet. The MARINER I Probe was launched on June 8th, and managed to reach the planet in a flyby on October 14th. Many pictures of the planet were taken, and the atmosphere was able to be studied. This probe's sister probe, the MARINER II is also on its way to Mars, and will make a flyby of the red planet in seven months.

Perhaps some of the most interesting news is that of the restoration of the United Kingdom by Queen Elizabeth. We send our congradulations to the newly recreated Kingdom, and have asked if they would like to join our alliance. If they do, the acronym will be kept the same, just instead of North American League of Cooperation, it will become the North Atlantic League of Cooperation. We have high hopes that Her Majesty will join us in the alliance against the Nazis and Confederates, and even if they don't we will be supplying them with the necessary materials and equipment to protect themselves from the Reich.

The autumn of 1962 has been very eventful, and has been quite the journey to say the least. We are excited for the future, and anxious about what the war will bring.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claims: Rest of Ontario and a bit of Manitoba

"Our invasion of the Floridan coast was rough on us all, but was indeed successful. We managed to take hold of some of the most important arms factories and docking areas in the country, and have either destroyed or repurposed most of their naval production sites. We lost so many, but in the end, it was worth the cost. Roughly 20,000 of our men lost their lives that day; countless families were split apart... I have no words other than "I'm sorry" for the people that lost their friends, brothers, uncles, fathers, or grandfathers that day. I too lost my own son, who valiantly fought on the shores of Miami, hoping to win the war his father had wrought upon the Confederacy. It was a very horrid day for us all, but we managed to take a major part of their war effort. It may not be long now before the Confederates are dead." - President Schwegler

The winter chills the soldiers in the northern battlefields of the Carolinas and Georgia, where pushes are beginning to be made. Douglas MacArthur leads the charge on Georgia, where Atlanta will soon become the target of a full scale invasion. "I know that city like the back of my hand. I've seen so many goddamn maps of it that I wouldn't even need to look at one to know where I'd be. We have many methods we could use to either capture or destroy the city, but there is one secret plan that we have kept from most of the Army, so that it may not spread like wildfire. We know that most of the government of this corrupt nation can be found here, and we must find a way to keep them alive... Their trials will be necessary to bring them justice. I can't wait for that day." Several hundred thousand await their orders and attack plans for the large order. MacArthur has also spoken with Dwight Eisenhower recently, upon his return from the United Kingdom, and the two were able to co-plan the secret invasion. Only they seem to know what is going to happen, and many are wondering what will happen next.

As for the MARINER II probe sent towards Mars, the first cutting edge images of the planet have returned to Earth. The scientific communities have begun to speculate that Mars is a better candidate for colonization in the future, for it's atmosphere doesn't seem as harsh as the unforgiving Venusian one. Another probe will be sent to Mars in the coming years, hopefully to land on its surface.

The United Kingdom, upon us asking for their joining of our alliance, responded with a resounding yes, and are now being welcomed into the fold. Several ships of ours make thier way towards the UK, so that they may supply the Kingdom with soldiers, food, weapons, and some ammunition. They are very grateful and thankful for our arrival and our help. Germany had, before our arrival, tried but failed to invade Dover, and since then have been steadily bombing the island nation. We have reason to believe that most of the population of Britian has moved to either Ireland, a "neutral" zone (it really was just helping the UK), or into Scotland, where it was less likely that they'd be bombed every day. Royal artifacts, works of art, and pieces of history were all moved into Scotland with them, for most of London was completely obliterated in the bombing, including Buckingham palace and Big Ben. Hopefully they can be reconstructed someday.

With winter coming to a close, many suspect that the coming spring will be more eventful. Winter always seems to slow things down, what with the chill and all. We wish all a happy holiday season and a merry Christmas!

The Orion Islands
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Sun May 19, 2019 10:54 am

Today marks the complete capture of the North Carolina coast for our republic. The Wisconsinite reports of concentration camps were proven true. The shocking reports only encourage the population to more fully support the war effort, with black, Catholic, and Jewish recruitment for the Army skyrocketing. The Confederate capital of Atlanta was throughly bombed in order to destroy the government. Meanwhile, images of London in ruins spur Congress to pass a $5 billion aid package to rebuild the island and aid its fight against Germany. In other news, NASA and the ISAA proceeded to launch a new satellite, Eagle V, with the capability of taking pictures of the Earth’s surface from orbit. The PUSA celebrates this step into space. The next launch is scheduled to be an unmanned lunar rover, to aid in selecting a landing site for a future moon mission. As for the land swap, Congress votes it down. Many don’t want to be seen “selling out.”
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Member of ICDN

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse