NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon Ball Sagas IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Much to his surprise, his opponent didn't seem to mind his use of armor, but another man, who possessed some level of resemblance to the man he was about to duel, did. He couldn't quite hear what he was saying, but judging by the tone, it wasn't anything nice. Oh well, science wasn't progressed without stepping on a few toes. His opponent, Frederick, took a stance that he immediately recognized as boxing.

Evan was a smart man, few would argue that. However, he'd never been in a real fight before, which would also give him some interesting information to go by after. After all, if someone with no combat experience whatsoever beat someone who had quite a bit, it would do wonders for what his suit was capable of when it was built upon. As he readied to fight, he felt something he'd never felt before. A little bit of his normal ego telling him that maybe, just maybe, he should push it a little and actually try to win. Worst case scenario, he fails and learns much in the process. Best case, the stock price of his company would skyrocket from such a wonderful publicity stunt, and he would be able to build upon what worked. Ironically he was more interested in the latter. After all, one learned far more from failure than success.

Now came the actual fight. How did he approach it? Being a scientist and engineer didn't lead to having much in the way of knowing how to approach a fight, but he did figure some ideas would cross over. Joints and pressure points would obviously be the primary targets. Striking in the abdomen would be debilitating as well. A good blow to the diaphragm would give him more than enough time to just toss his opponent out.

So that was what he started with. Moving with quite a bit more speed than one would think the armor was capable of, Evan dashed, aiming a powerful blow to Frederick's gut.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:42 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Much to his surprise, his opponent didn't seem to mind his use of armor, but another man, who possessed some level of resemblance to the man he was about to duel, did. He couldn't quite hear what he was saying, but judging by the tone, it wasn't anything nice. Oh well, science wasn't progressed without stepping on a few toes. His opponent, Frederick, took a stance that he immediately recognized as boxing.

Evan was a smart man, few would argue that. However, he'd never been in a real fight before, which would also give him some interesting information to go by after. After all, if someone with no combat experience whatsoever beat someone who had quite a bit, it would do wonders for what his suit was capable of when it was built upon. As he readied to fight, he felt something he'd never felt before. A little bit of his normal ego telling him that maybe, just maybe, he should push it a little and actually try to win. Worst case scenario, he fails and learns much in the process. Best case, the stock price of his company would skyrocket from such a wonderful publicity stunt, and he would be able to build upon what worked. Ironically he was more interested in the latter. After all, one learned far more from failure than success.

Now came the actual fight. How did he approach it? Being a scientist and engineer didn't lead to having much in the way of knowing how to approach a fight, but he did figure some ideas would cross over. Joints and pressure points would obviously be the primary targets. Striking in the abdomen would be debilitating as well. A good blow to the diaphragm would give him more than enough time to just toss his opponent out.

So that was what he started with. Moving with quite a bit more speed than one would think the armor was capable of, Evan dashed, aiming a powerful blow to Frederick's gut.

Fredrick observed his opponent with calculating eyes. If he were to win this match, he had to find a way to somehow get his blows past his armor and onto his body. Perhaps there was some of sort of weak spot on the armor somewhere He could exploit. He had little time to think over his strategy before Evan made a attempt to hit his gut. Fredrick let out a surprised gasp and leaped out of the way of the blow. He then rand up to Evan and started to try to hit him with a flurry of punches to his body and face.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:15 pm

Turns out having actual combat experience does indeed help in a fight. Fred dodged his attack and began to counter by striking his helmet and chest plate. The armor staggering ever so slightly, but still holding up quite well. If nothing else, the simplistic design led to it being rather difficult to damage. Always a benefit. The repeated blows shook the armor, denting it, but the internals remained in perfect working order.

Dodging the attacks would be difficult. The armor was strong and tough, but it's large size made trying to get out of the way of attacks rather difficult. Instead of trying to dodge them, he worked with the armor's strengths, clasped both of his hands above his head and brought them down as one would a sledgehammer. With any luck, he'd either strike the top of his head or his back. Both ideal targets.

Already his mind was buzzing with improve ideas. Shielding to reduce size and increase speed while retaining the same, if not far more protection, weapons both lethal and non lethal. Theo's Ki lightning sprung to mind, definitely something to talk to him about later.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:18 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Turns out having actual combat experience does indeed help in a fight. Fred dodged his attack and began to counter by striking his helmet and chest plate. The armor staggering ever so slightly, but still holding up quite well. If nothing else, the simplistic design led to it being rather difficult to damage. Always a benefit. The repeated blows shook the armor, denting it, but the internals remained in perfect working order.

Dodging the attacks would be difficult. The armor was strong and tough, but it's large size made trying to get out of the way of attacks rather difficult. Instead of trying to dodge them, he worked with the armor's strengths, clasped both of his hands above his head and brought them down as one would a sledgehammer. With any luck, he'd either strike the top of his head or his back. Both ideal targets.

Already his mind was buzzing with improve ideas. Shielding to reduce size and increase speed while retaining the same, if not far more protection, weapons both lethal and non lethal. Theo's Ki lightning sprung to mind, definitely something to talk to him about later.

As Fredrick continued to punch Evan, he though to himself," I can never defeat while he is wearing this ruddy thing, it feel like I am punching a wall. I need to find a weakspot." He was suddenly pulled out of his thoughs by Evan, who clubbed him on the back wih his hands. Evan immediatley fell to the ground, his back in pain. As he struggled to get up, he thought to himself," Blimey, that was painful. Anyomore shoots like that and I am buggard." He then looked Evan's head and grinned as a plan formulated in his head. After getting up, Fredrick went back to punching, only aiming for his head. Suddenly, he backed up and started running towards Evan while saying,' Windmill Kick." He then jumped in the air and attempted to kick Evan in the side of the head.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:45 am

Cedric Swift, warrior of the Dragon Style!

The fourth battle in the Tenkaichi Budokai began between Evan Karts and Fredrick Hawthorne, the armored techie and the martial artist going at it with fury - Cedric, who had stepped down from the arena prior to the match beginning, however, did not offer a single glance towards the fight. Even if the winner of that fight was going to face off against him in the second round and, as a result, getting to know the fighting style of his next opponent would be necessary, if not vital, pretty damn soon.

Instead, the raven-haired warrior walked up to a nearby food stall for stadium goers - offering a passing glance to Theo, who had ordered water from there earlier - and bought two bottles of water from the owner. One for himself - the battle and the heat left him thirsty and Cedric finished it in a few seconds - whereas, with the second one, he walked down to Mei and spoke:

"Hey, uh, you alright? Didn't get anything broken or something?" and offered the bottle. Knowing the reason why the woman had signed up for the tournament in the first place, the martial artist simply felt uneasy with having so brutally beaten her down, even to the point of finishing her off with his strongest attack. Hopefully, she doesn't end up on the same path as the man who had inspired her on this quest of honor reclamation, right?
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:14 am

Shark isle wrote:Snip

Well he actually landed a semi decent hit. Evan was confident that Frederick would continue to hammer away at the most armored portion of the suit. Unfortunately, it turns out that martial artists actually do know how to fight smarter and he started to target his helmet. While not nearly as armored as the rest of the suit, it was actually attached to the whole suit rather than being a separate piece.

However, it was still preferable to not be struck there as much. Once again, blocking was simply too slow, something he'd need to rectify in future iterations. Along with a significant amount of streamlining. The helmet held firm, though the reinforced glass he used to be able to see cracked. Suddenly, his opponent stopped and backed off for a second or two, likely to ready another attack. It was all he needed to ready his defense.

Fredrick went after him with something the warrior called a "windmill kick." True to his word, he went for a kick to the side of the armor. Evan was ready, thanks to the brief moment of respite Frederick gave him. Evan caught the leg of his attacker and simply threw him as hard as he could towards the edge of the arena.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:53 am

Mei Lin-Earthling-PL 125

My mind only seemed to remember the recent events in a haze, the match with Cedric. Being unable to force him out of bounds and then being hit by some...blast of pure energy. The meaning of those events were clear enough. I had lost. There was a lot of evidence to support this conclusion. The fact that my head felt as if it was about to burst. Or that my vhest had this burning sensation. Or that my clothes were marred and dirtied. The taste of iron in my mouth. As I tried to pull myself together next to the ring I could hear the sounds of the announcer calling the match, the roar of the crowds and everything else. But all of the voices just seemed to blend together. My thoughts soon drifted to what this all meant for me. Now that I had seemingly failed in my mission to prove myself to my father. Being eliminated in the first round was sure to not impress him. But what concerned me even more was just how much stronger Cedric was than I. Before I arrived here my master had warned me that there would always be a stronger fighter. Even if I had emerged the victor. It seemed I discovered the truth of that sentiment even earlier than I anticipated. But that only meant that I had to continuemy training. At double the pace as last time.

I tried to press off of the ground with my own shaky arms. Only to collapse again on my chest face down. So I just lay there for a while. It wasn't until I heard a voice from rather nearby that I started to open my own eyes again. The voice, sounded familiar and my banging head put it together as belonging to Cedric.

Sure enough, there he was, offering water apparently as I was unable to grasp his first words exactly with the ringing in my ears.

I took the water from him in an eager manner as I managed to pry the cap off and pour some of the liquid into my mouth. Water spilling onto my top of course as I rushed for a taste.

I then managed to sit up and lean my back against the edge of the stands before finally saying anything.

"Thanks." I muttered my mind filled with distractions with the fight. Paying no attention to the current one on stage. After all, I had lost. It was not as if I would be facing either of them in the next round. So my eyes just stared emptily forward as I wondered what would come next for me. Before finally speaking again. Asking a question I was curious to find the answer to.

"So, what changed your mind? You weren't really trying at the start...were you?" I let the question linger for a moment before I let loose a deep sigh and then started to stand up.

"Nevermind, you don't need to answer. I'll...see you around Cedric." I declared as I bid farewell and started to stand up. Preparing to leave and continue my training.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:35 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Snip

Well he actually landed a semi decent hit. Evan was confident that Frederick would continue to hammer away at the most armored portion of the suit. Unfortunately, it turns out that martial artists actually do know how to fight smarter and he started to target his helmet. While not nearly as armored as the rest of the suit, it was actually attached to the whole suit rather than being a separate piece.

However, it was still preferable to not be struck there as much. Once again, blocking was simply too slow, something he'd need to rectify in future iterations. Along with a significant amount of streamlining. The helmet held firm, though the reinforced glass he used to be able to see cracked. Suddenly, his opponent stopped and backed off for a second or two, likely to ready another attack. It was all he needed to ready his defense.

Fredrick went after him with something the warrior called a "windmill kick." True to his word, he went for a kick to the side of the armor. Evan was ready, thanks to the brief moment of respite Frederick gave him. Evan caught the leg of his attacker and simply threw him as hard as he could towards the edge of the arena.

Fredrick gasped in surprise as his leg was grabbed by Evan. He then let out a small, barely audible yelp as he was tossed to the edge of the ring. Luckily, he landed right on the edge of the ring, his feet dangling over the edge. As he got up, he thought to himself," Alright Fredrick, it is quite obvious kicking isn't going to work." Fredrick immediately rushed back to Evan and started punching him all over again. Suddenly, he crouched down, balled his fist and let out a yell as he tried to deliver a devastating looking uppercut, yelling out," Jawbreaker", as he did.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Evan grunted in minor annoyance as his opponent narrowly managed to recover from being thrown out of bounds. Annoyance quickly turned into... Excitement? It was thrilling for sure. Never before would he have considered martial combat to be this exciting. It was one thing to see it from a distance, it was completely different to actually be in it. Heart pumping, mind racing, adrenaline running through his veins. Cedric was right, there was more to it than just science., and he finally got to see why. The thrill of combat, the desire to win. Not even for the money, he had more than enough to buy his own country. No there was pride at stake here.

This wasn't about research anymore. This was about winning. Frederick charged at him, going back on the assault, slugging at his armor. He and the armor held firm. It would hold up a little longer, but he needed to start actually trying to finish the fight now. Frederick ended his assault with a powerful uppercut. It had enough power that when it hit, Evan staggered back a bit, keeping his balance, albeit just barely. How dearly he regretted now putting actual weapons on the armor. A few simple blasters would make a world of difference about now. "Hmmm..." He mused. "You're quite the fighter, but I do intend to win this."

Evan launched at his target striking at him hard and as fast as his armor would allow.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:48 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Evan grunted in minor annoyance as his opponent narrowly managed to recover from being thrown out of bounds. Annoyance quickly turned into... Excitement? It was thrilling for sure. Never before would he have considered martial combat to be this exciting. It was one thing to see it from a distance, it was completely different to actually be in it. Heart pumping, mind racing, adrenaline running through his veins. Cedric was right, there was more to it than just science., and he finally got to see why. The thrill of combat, the desire to win. Not even for the money, he had more than enough to buy his own country. No there was pride at stake here.

This wasn't about research anymore. This was about winning. Frederick charged at him, going back on the assault, slugging at his armor. He and the armor held firm. It would hold up a little longer, but he needed to start actually trying to finish the fight now. Frederick ended his assault with a powerful uppercut. It had enough power that when it hit, Evan staggered back a bit, keeping his balance, albeit just barely. How dearly he regretted now putting actual weapons on the armor. A few simple blasters would make a world of difference about now. "Hmmm..." He mused. "You're quite the fighter, but I do intend to win this."

Evan launched at his target striking at him hard and as fast as his armor would allow.

Fredrick looked at Evan in shock when the Jawbreaker failed to even knock him off his feet. He didn't get it, the Jawbreaker was usually what finished his opponents. Suddenly, he was struck by his opponent with a blow that felt like hard concrete. He went flying and landed near the edge of the ring again. As he got up, clutching his ribs in the process, he though to himself," Perhaps I should find a opportunity to lock on the Constrictor, no one has every gotten out of that before.' He then dashed towards his opponent for what appeared to be the third time and unleashed a series of fast paced punches all over the body. The punches were so fast that the fists themselves appeared to be blurry. This was a move Fredrick called The Flurry, and he often used it to prep his opponents for the constrictor.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Cedric's face formed a frown once he witnessed Mei dismiss her question immediately after asking it, stepping away with a laconic goodbye. He wanted to explain himself, state that he did not want their fight to look like a complete stomp when she was here to defend the honor of someone else, but she clearly did not want to hear any of it.

"Wait, but..." the black-haired warrior muttered, but did not muster the confidence to try to stop Mei's departure, instead just standing there for a few seconds before pushing his hands into the pockets of his costume and glaring to the ground below. The one thing he could have done to not make that defeat feel like too much of a scorn, and he not only missed it, but he made the situation even worse. "Damn it."

The battle between Fredrick and Evan was still taking place - instead of spectating it, however, Cedric turned towards the food stall yet again, which is where he was faced with a familiar face, rummaging through the offered freshly baked malasadas as well as holding a scoop of ice cream in one hand. Though the semi-formal costume on his muscular body and sunglasses on his eyes obscured his identity at first glance, the pin of a serpent-like dragon emblazoned on his chest revealed who he was better than anything else.

"She's right, you know." the man, Master Ramen, spoke up from under his breath upon sensing his pupil's presence nearby. "You didn't go all-out, not even at the end. Why was that?"

"...I did not, you're right. As for why..."

"I know that it never feels right to hurt women, Cedric, and I can understand you there. You'll eventually grow out of it, I'm sure."

"That... wasn't the reason why." Cedric gushed out, picking up a yet another bottle of water. "It got me wondering, actually... Master, had I... say, been eliminated in the very first round - not necessarily against Mei, it could have been anyone, like Theo, Leon or Akane - would you chalk me up as a failure? Would I have had to go through your whole training course all over again, or would you just kick me out?"

"A failure? Kick you out? No, don't be so absolute..." Ramen muttered, then burrowed his mouth in the scoop of ice cream. "If that were to happen, I'd first be mildly surprised. It would mean that the level of fighters this world has grown has improved since the last time I've been here." Twenty-five years. It has been twenty-five years since the last time he had stood on the grounds of this tournament, again as a spectator overseeing a pupil. Ramen's eyes glanced towards the tournament ring, fixating themselves towards Evan for a few seconds before returning to Cedric.

"That armored friend of yours does have a point. Sometimes, the point of a match might not be just to win. To lose and know where to improve can be just as honorable and a lot more fulfilling. Consider this one of those days, Cedric."

"I see..."
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Evan had a confident look on his face after he struck his opponent once more. Despite the rather decent dent from where Fred struck his armor, it still held strong. On top of that he was... having quite a bit of fun admittedly. His lack of combat prowess was shown, but his knowledge of science did make up for it at least a little bit. After all, a human body was a human body, just a machine like any other. Where the injuries he inflicted on his opponent would take it's toll on his stamina, his was in near perfect working order. Just one of the advantages of having a suit of power armor do the work for you.

Once again, showing a remarkable tolerance for pain, Frederick got back up. Though judging by the way he was carrying himself as well as the clutching of his ribs, was starting to get worn out. Evan wasn't sure what was going through his head when he elected to charge directly at him again, despite it being quite clear that just throwing himself at the armor wasn't going to work, he continued that same strategy. And here I thought he'd try something else. Attack from the rear, a feint or two, something new... Oh well. He wondered internally.

If Fred was going to keep his same strategy, he was going to keep countering it. That is to say, letting his strikes that were too fast to block strike at the bulk of the armor while he struck his target. This time, mirroring the uppercut that Frederick used against him just prior.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:05 pm

Majin Occus - PL: 170
Tenkaichi Budokai

Occus watched as Mei walked off, it was quite sad. Her spirit was more than bruised, to say the least. Occus watched her as she walked away, turning back to the arena. She thought about Mei's fight and the fight between the lightning man and the magician. They all fought differently, their different styles changed how the match played out.

Occus stepped away from the bannister, mimicking the moves Mei had used during the match. Her punches and kicks hit only air, but there was force behind them. She leapt into the air, doing a flip and mimicking Mei's 'Guillotine Kick', her heel digging into the ground. She didn't really understand how Mei made the crater, she mimicked the move entirely how Mei had done so.

Looking over at Cedric, thinking back to his finishing move. Occus positioned her hands in the same way, channelling ki in the way she did for her other moves. A small ball of ki fluttered weakly in her hands. Occus thrust her arms forward, the ball of ki stuttered through the air and split like a mini firework, the sparks diminishing. She was quite upset she couldn't get it. What was the trick? Was there a trick? Oh well, she didn't worry too much. Besides she was hungry again.

The stalls were her hunting grounds, Occus noticed the dark-haired warrior whose move she just attempted was talking to someone, an older man with hands full of food. Mei hadn't been angry at all when her ice cream was taken, so why should it be any different. Occus slinked toward the older man, her arm stretching out from under the makeshift cloak she wore, striking toward the malasadas he held in his hand.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:Evan had a confident look on his face after he struck his opponent once more. Despite the rather decent dent from where Fred struck his armor, it still held strong. On top of that he was... having quite a bit of fun admittedly. His lack of combat prowess was shown, but his knowledge of science did make up for it at least a little bit. After all, a human body was a human body, just a machine like any other. Where the injuries he inflicted on his opponent would take it's toll on his stamina, his was in near perfect working order. Just one of the advantages of having a suit of power armor do the work for you.

Once again, showing a remarkable tolerance for pain, Frederick got back up. Though judging by the way he was carrying himself as well as the clutching of his ribs, was starting to get worn out. Evan wasn't sure what was going through his head when he elected to charge directly at him again, despite it being quite clear that just throwing himself at the armor wasn't going to work, he continued that same strategy. And here I thought he'd try something else. Attack from the rear, a feint or two, something new... Oh well. He wondered internally.

If Fred was going to keep his same strategy, he was going to keep countering it. That is to say, letting his strikes that were too fast to block strike at the bulk of the armor while he struck his target. This time, mirroring the uppercut that Frederick used against him just prior.

Fredrick had barely managed to avoid the uppercut, leaping out of the way at the last moment. As Fredrick stared at his opponent, breathing heavily, he thought to himself," Punching his front obviously doesn't work. I must think up something different." Fredrick immediately began to hop around Evan, occasionally throwing out a jab at a random part of his body. Suddenly, with a sudden burst of adrenaline, Fredrick suddenly made a dash to Evan's rear and made an attempt to leap up on Evan's back to administer the Constrictor, a submission move that combined a sleeper hold and a type of move where he used his legs to squeeze a man's waist.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Evan stood back, relaxed, but ready to continue the fight as his opponent dodged his uppercut. Once again, he planned on Fred to simply charge him head on once again, at which point Evan felt he had a good grasp on what to do when he did it again. However, it seemed that he finally learned his lesson and started to change it up a little bit. Since he could accelerate faster than Evan, jumping around was his best bet, and he even got in some solid blows. The armor was still holding, but if he kept this up, there was actually a chance he could lose. Not that it mattered to him that much... Okay maybe a little. At least he got the idea to make the suit far more mobile.

And then Frederick made a rather grievous error. Rather than attempt to keep up his assault and push Evan off the edge, Frederick opted to attack from behind and grapple with him. Wrapping his arms and legs around the armor's "throat" and "waist" true to the attack's name. Evan quickly deduced that the attack would be most likely used to choke someone out. And while the armor buckled under such forces, it kept him from bearing the majority of the attack. Instead, Evan simply grabbed one of Frederick's legs, walked over to the edge of the arena, and threw the martial artist out of bounds.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 am

As Master Ramen took a sip from his glass of juice in between ice cream and malasadas, he suddenly stopped mid-way and his eyebrow twitched. I see, someone is trying to sneak up from me on behind... That's what the unexpected wind movements and a peculiar energy signature behind him informed him. However, it did not attempt to back-stab him or anything in that field - a pink hand suddenly reached out for his malasadas, grabbing several before pulling back.

"Hey!" Cedric exclaimed, his attention drawn away from the fight - the two warriors of the Dragon Mansion witnessed a pink childish woman with arms stretched out like rubber bands and pulling several malasadas into her. "That's not..."

"Human, no." Ramen stated laconically, then raised his now emptied right hand. The malasadas suddenly became suspended in mid air, held up by a strong telekinetic force, before all but one of the buns left Occus's grasp and returned to the martial arts maste, who put on a faint smile. "Haven't you been taught to share?"

"If you even had someone to teach you..." Cedric muttered under his breath, walking up closer to the gummy pink woman. "What's your name?"

While the two Dragon Mansion martial artists were busy meeting Occus, the battle between Evan and Fredrick came to a conclusion and, with it, the quarterfinals of the Tenkaichi Budokai tournament.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015

Postby Sterkistan » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:26 am

Finland SSR wrote:Cedric Swift, warrior of the Dragon Style!

As Master Ramen took a sip from his glass of juice in between ice cream and malasadas, he suddenly stopped mid-way and his eyebrow twitched. I see, someone is trying to sneak up from me on behind... That's what the unexpected wind movements and a peculiar energy signature behind him informed him. However, it did not attempt to back-stab him or anything in that field - a pink hand suddenly reached out for his malasadas, grabbing several before pulling back.

"Hey!" Cedric exclaimed, his attention drawn away from the fight - the two warriors of the Dragon Mansion witnessed a pink childish woman with arms stretched out like rubber bands and pulling several malasadas into her. "That's not..."

"Human, no." Ramen stated laconically, then raised his now emptied right hand. The malasadas suddenly became suspended in mid-air, held up by a strong telekinetic force, before all but one of the buns left Occus's grasp and returned to the martial arts master, who put on a faint smile. "Haven't you been taught to share?"

"If you even had someone to teach you..." Cedric muttered under his breath, walking up closer to the gummy pink woman. "What's your name?"

While the two Dragon Mansion martial artists were busy meeting Occus, the battle between Evan and Fredrick came to a conclusion and, with it, the quarterfinals of the Tenkaichi Budokai tournament.

Majin Occus - PL: 170
Tenkaichi Budokai

Occus's eyes lit up as she managed to scoop all the malasadas from the older man's hand, this didn't last for long though. She'd been busted, both the older man, and the fighter who beat Mei were looking at her. She prepared to run when all but one of the buns left her hands, Occus's mouth was agape, he was making them fly!
"Oooooooh."
She exclaimed, watching them intently as they returned to Master Ramen's hand. She remembered the one she was holding when he spoke to her, reminding her of the concept of 'sharing'.

Occus thought about this, her hand to her chin, her gaze going between the bun in her hand and the buns Master Ramen had taken back. She hadn't thought about this, if Occus only took a bit of the food people had. Would they be happy too? Was that sharing?
"This is sharing?" Occus said, her finger pointing between the bun she was left and Master Ramen's stash.

Her train of thought was interrupted by the fighter who beat Mei coming up to her. He asked her name, and he seemed pretty angry. Was he mad at her for taking the man's food? The other man wasn't mad, so why would this person?
"I am Occus!" She exclaimed, dropping the bun into her mouth whole. Her eyes lighting up as she chewed.
"Who are you?" She asked after she was done, pointing to both Cedric and Master Ramen.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Mei Lin-Earthling-PL 125

Cedric seemed to hesitate to answer so I simply started to walk off. It didn't much matter anymore anyways. After all the fight was lost and they don't give rematches. Even if they did, something told me that it wouldn't change a thing. It seems that the gap was too great, if he did not defeat me in the first match. Surely it would have happened in the semi-finals or finals. I was just leaving the arena gates when I spotted my parents who were waiting for me just outside the gates of the Tenkaichi Budokai. Mentally preparing myself for the new sparring match ahead I stepped foward until I was finally in front of my father. My mother was the first one to speak up.

"Mei, you father has someone he would like to tell you."

"There is no need mother. I am not returning home." My mother's face became flustered slightly. As my father remained silent for the moment.

"Now hold on Mei, your father and I have-" My father simply raised a hand slowly and all three of us remained silent for a moment. Before he removed a bag he was carrying and opened it up and digging his hand inside, to reveal a small and unassuming red pole.

My eyes recognized the item immediately and I was confused as to what he meant by this.

"Father I-" Holding the red rod out to me with a single hand he finally spoke.

"It is clear that I cannot deter you. And that your loss has not ended your dreams. I have no desire to force you to go against your goals and so if I cannot convince you to return. It is best to simply help you. Before when you practiced with this, it was without my blessing." I then slowly removed the rod from his hands and grasped it in my own.

"Now, it is with it."

"But...I didn't win...not a single round..." I averted my gaze from my father as he gently placed a hand beneath my chin and looked me in the eyes.

"Mei Lin...it's true you lost the fight. But now I see that you never lost what I lost all that time ago. Any fighter can press on when they are winning Mei. And when I stood in the Tenkaichi I had done nothing but win and as a result my defeat weighed to great for me to carry. But you in your defeat have not lost your spirit. And that...as long as you keep your spirit strong. You will never truly lose." Tears started to well in my eyes as I embraced him. Doing my best not to cry.

"Thank you father."

"You're welcome." A thought soon rushed to my mind.

"And the Nimbus?" He only answered with a knowing nod. And the pain and weariness seemed to melt away from my last bout. As I backed few paces from him and looked over the horizon.

"NIMBUS! And with that call, a speeding cloud blitzed through the sky towards me as I leaped on board and carried myself a short distance away eager to train and rest.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Absolon-7
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Absolon-7 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Theo, the Lightning God
Alright nothing more to do for the moment but sit back, relax, and watch the tournament matches until his came up again. Hopefully he'd go up against someone who needed a more hands one approach rather then someone who forced him to expend his ki like Leon did. Saving his ki for super powerful finishers was so much more satisfying. The next match after his was between the woman with buns in her hair and the warrior with a sword and if he had to be honest the match was quite impressive. From the announcer he learned their names were Cedric Swift and Mei Lin. It was a furious match and those kicks Mei delivered were quite nasty. Sucks for Cedric to be taking them. What was odd was that it seemed that the fight was fairly mundane for this Cedric as appropriately he won swiftly. The next fight wasn't as thrilling as it was the dude in some hi-tech armor fighting a martial artists and the match seemed quite pitiful. It was more like the armored man named Evan throwing the other, named Frederick, around the arena for a few bouts before the martial artist was thrown out. How tragic. And now the moment he had been waiting for.

And with that match folks the preliminaries had come to a thrilling conclusion! A new round of fights of the previous winners shall now commence! For the 1st match will Naitofaia Akane and Theodoric Stebbins please step into the ring!

"There we go," mouthed Theo as he bounced off his seat and jovially stepped into the ring. His shirt was a noticeably frayed from Leon's magical attacks but it was still there but buying a new one to replace it and that was a pain. Theo stood his ground and committed to some preliminary stretches. Once he was done Theo got into the same stance as his first match and gave a wide smile to Akane, "Ready to test our mettle? Let's have some fun!"

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Akane

And with that match folks the preliminaries had come to a thrilling conclusion! A new round of fights of the previous winners shall now commence! For the 1st match will Naitofaia Akane and Theodoric Stebbins please step into the ring!

Akane smiled as she stepped up back on to the battlefield, raising her hand to get the crowd worked up. She had read about the old days of the tournament, back in it's earliest origins before it was even known as Tenkashi Budokai, had been purely death matches, little more than murder for entertainment. In a way the sport hadn't really changed. She was still here trying to injure someone for the crowd's enjoyment. Not that it really mattered for her. She probably enjoyed it even more than the crowd. Fighting was like a drug for her, it wasn't about the victory or the defeat, though she did like victories. It was about the rush of combat and, as much as she didn't want to admit it, the surge of energy she got from being hurt over and over. It was an addiction, one that she managed to keep in check and even take advantage of. Her other "addiction" was far more concerning, but she hadn't let that spiral out of control yet...

Regardless, she stepped up to face her opponent, another tailed fighter like herself. The one who had been using all that electricity before. Oooh, this guy didn't know what he was getting into. Rolling her shoulders and getting into her own stance, Akane bared her teeth like fangs and said "You aren't going to enjoy this, I guarantee it. Let's do this!"

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:20 am

The gummy pink girl dropped the entire bun into her mouth whole, as if she had never in her life learned the concept of chewing, and enthusiastically introduced herself as Occus, before deflecting the same question towards them both. Occus... I hadn't heard of that name before...

"My name is Cedric, this is my master, Ramen, and we are-" the raven-haired martial artist was about to explain himself and state that they come from the Dragon School of martial arts, but his attention suddenly got directed back towards the ring again. The match between Evan and Fredrick was over, the armored warrior came out at the top, and Cedric practically missed the entire fight! Even though he is going to have to fight Evan as soon as the match between Akane and Theo comes to a close...

"Darn it..." Cedric muttered, then turned towards Occus. "What... happened in that fight? Did you see any techniques, or powers, or anything?"

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Wed May 01, 2019 2:58 pm

Mei Lin-Earthling-PL 125

I gave a small grunt after landing on the rough terrain as I leapt from the Nimbus. I was only a short distance from the tournament but already the sounds were fading into the distance. Allowing me to practice my skills with the power pole in some manner of peace. I held it for a moment as I closed my eyes and breathed in and out, almost meditating as I finally started to thrust the pole outwards and then retract it. I did this for some time before I moved on to othe manuevers and finally I plunged the pole into the ground and said three words.

"Power Pole extend!" And with that I was thrust into the sky several stories with a wide view of the area around me. Looking behind me I could still see the tournament taking place and no doubt they must be moving onto the semi finals by now. I wasn't able to think about it very long however as a object collided into the earth some distance in front of me. The shockwave throwing me off balance from the pole as I fell, having to recover my stance in mid air so I could land without hurting anything. Retrieving the pole in hand I cast my glance off in the direction of the impact.

What even was that?

Just a moment later however a figure had flown from the crash site towards me and planted a powerful gut punch into me. I had barely had the time to react to the unprovoked attack as the woman stood over me, her tail moving from side to side reminding me of the fighters at the tournament who had them. She spoke with seemingly no concern spent over me.

"Strange, this planet is still filled with life. They should have exterminated all life here by now. The highest power levels are concentrated over there. If the Saiyans are here, they are definitely over well....whatever that place is."

I had no damned clue what she was talking about. Power levels. Saiyans. Extermination?

She then simply left me behind as she flew off in the direction of the Tournament. I slowly picked myself back up as she left.

She was clearly powerful. And dangerous. I had a feeling that the Tenkaichi was about to get crashed. And everyone was in danger. I needed to move, and get there quickly. If my hunch is right, then we are going to need every fighter we can muster. With my resolve set, I threw my head back and let loose one simple yell.

"NIMBUS!"

Elery stopped herself above the arena and her eyes were cast sharply at the two Saiyans who were in the ring. With no regard to the battle itself she lowered herself down in between the two Saiyans exactly haflway between both of them. "There you are...but there should be more of our kind here..." Her voice trailed off as she looked around. Her eyes stopping dead on Cedric as she clasped her hands together.

"Ah! There you are. There should be more of us out on this planet somewhere but this seems to be all the Saiyans in this area. We can discuss about how all of you failed in your mission of eradicating all life on this world later. But, now that I am here and we are together. We can finally finish what all of you were sent here for."

Then, both of her arms started to slowly rise as her opened hands were aimed at either side of her. Facing two large stands of the arena filled with now clearly worried citizens. Then, a aura of ki escaped each hand as both stands of people were blasted into pieces. Large swathes of each side being wiped out as dozens perhaps hunreds of people were killed instantly.

"Well now, only a few billion to go. Now what do you say, think it's time we all get to work?" She asked, her attention clearly centered on Cedric, Akane and Theo. Oblivious to any of the crying or worried Earthlings around her.

"Power Pole Extend!" I exclaimed in a loud cry as the alien warrior noticed me too late as her attention was too occupied on the people she was calling Saiyans. The staff landed just under her chin as I then reduced the size of the power pole as it shrunk sharply, drawing me into a sharp descent towards the alien as I threw out a powerful kick which had managed to catch her off guard.

I landed in front of her and was going to assume a battle stance but I hadn't had the chance. As the angered alien clutched me by the throat and hurled me into a wall as I groaned out in pain.

"I thought I killed you back on the cliff! Well, if you can survive one blow you must be a step above insect." She then continued with her conversation unimpeded as I pulled myself off the ground readying for round two as blood seeped from my mouth and onto the blades of grass beneath me.

"Oh yes, killing everyone on this planet are you three in? Or out?" She said, her eyes narrowing to the three dark haired fighters.

"You should know that if you answer out I am going to have to beat you until an inch of life while I do all the work and the Princess explains the situation to you."

The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune
Senator

Founded: Feb 01, 2017

Postby The Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune » Wed May 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Akane

Akane bristled at the new presence in the ring. Whoever this was, she gave off an aura of absolutely terrifying power, beyond anything she had ever felt before. Well, maybe that was accented by the fact that whoever this was was literally flying. As she floated down she mentioned something about "our kind" and some sort of mission of eradication. Then... she killed hundreds of people in an instant. Akane wasn't above killing. If the legal codes were properly enforced out in the wider world she would have a quite few murder charges from killing bandits and members of the Naitofaia... but there was a difference between ending someone in combat and killing hundreds of defenseless people. She looked at the woman with a somewhat disgusted look on her face and said "What the hell do you mean eradication? Who the hell do you think you are?"

Her question was answered rather quick as Akane witnessed that Mei girl from earlier arrived, landed a kick on the woman... and was subsequently caught in a choke hold and sent flying into a nearby wall. Looking past the woman at Theo and nodding, Akane blasted towards Elery, aiming a punch for the woman's head but attempting to instead juke around her and land a few choice hits into her gut. She never stood a chance. The other woman rapped Akane's skull and sent her flying into the ground near Theo, leaving an Akane shaped crater in the arena floor. Pulling herself out of the hole, now glowing slightly red, she turned to Theo and said simply "Listen up sparkles, I want you to hit me with one of those electric punches, and hit me as hard as you can. You got that?"

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Colrab Ash'Too'Sho, The Chosen Warrior

Postby Turkducken » Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Colrab had finally arrived at the Tournament. All of his pride, his hope, his people's future, rested with him. That had all been dashed when the attendant informed him he was several hours, if not days late. He couldn't enter the Tournament, he had traveled all this way for nothing, had taken the hope of his people for nothing. He was angry, not the good type of angry that helped him focus, but the searing behind the eyes pain he had dealt with for years.

He began to protest, when there was a distant explosion, some miles out from the city. It seemed familiar, somehow, and it stopped him even before he could muster anything worth saying to the helpless attendant. Some people had noticed it as well, and stared to the evening horizon in an attempt to identify it. A bolt of air and sound exploded over the Tournament. There was shouting from the crowd, Colrab aggressively shoved his way through the stunned security, witnessing the flying woman vaporizing a portion of the audience. He was stunned, but not as stunned when another woman pole vaulted her way into the flying one. She was swiftly disposed of by the powerful flying woman. A contestant, a familiar looking woman of a darker complexion, flew into a powerful attack against the opponent. Before also being similarly dismissed by the enemy.

There was a fight brewing, a fight beyond the scope of anything any of them had seen. Brandishing his giant warclub, Colrab silently approached the assembled contestants. The familiar looking woman, now in a woman sized crater, barked an order at another contestant. Colrab spoke to her, and the others assembled,

"You'll need help. I can fight."

With a vicious warcry Colrab reeled his body back and swung his giant club in an arc at the woman. "Giant Boomerang!" he yelled, releasing the heavy weapon at the peak of its' arc. With a mighty "Fwoom" it zoomed past and over the heads of the contestants, heading for the flying woman.
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed May 01, 2019 8:45 pm

It went better than expected. Sure, his opponent wasn't as intelligent a fighter as he would've hoped, but a win was a win and he felt... Good? Yeah, it was definitely a feeling of triumph. Both that he won his fight and also getting a decent amount of combat data. The next model would be exponentially more powerful. Assuming he could ensure a relatively cheap cost for mass production, he'd easily become the most powerful and wealthy man on the planet, and brute strength would have nothing to do with it. Okay, maybe a little. Though he had to wonder what would happen if he put on of those martial artists into one of the suits. His mind was spider webbing with ideas, and unfortunately he didn't have a pen and paper to jot down any of the more interesting ones.

Not that he'd forget them. He was far too smart for that. He stepped off the arena and the armor opened up from the back, letting him climb out and get some fresh cool air. "Note to self, install air conditioner." He muttered, taking in a few gulps of air as the next fight was called and getting ready to start. Perfect time to let him get some quick diagnostics and basic repairs if needed. He went back into the locker area and grabbed a quick snack along with some equipment to hook into the armor that would allow him to record and get started with a software update.

However, he didn't get the chance to start, as some woman, with a tail not unlike a few of the other warriors he just noticed, came in and started talking about... Extermination? Calling out the other three like she knew them. It didn't take him long to formulate some ideas as to what was going on. Clearly the other three were some form of extraterrestrial, and the woman was telling them to pretty much do what they were sent here to do.

Though based on the expressions of the other three tailed fighters, they were just as confused as everyone else, Akane even being openly hostile to her. He immediately pushed his equipment back inside and started loading up in his armor. There was going to be a fight, and something told him that it was going to be a dangerous one.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse