NATION

PASSWORD

GAMA: Redux [OOC] [SEMI-CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Xing wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:So they operate through proxy's, because otherwise I have to rewrite the entirety of Nadya's backstory.

Not entirely. You could always change the mentioning of Proteus to the Soldiers of the Cross instead. It's not too far-fetched to think they've spread over to Russia from the Baltic. They're also generally operating in the same religious fanatic way as Proteus did back in the original GAMA.

had to change of few other things but edits done.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:40 pm

Oh holy heck, I hadn't realized the second page had already progressed this far. My bad.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:30 pm

Post up after the weekend. Foreseeing myself about to be in between jobs soon.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:25 am

Haven’t forgotten about this, will post soon. Was actually going to have Alyx ask about supports but it looks like that question was gotten to already. What would the typical support setup look like for GAMA missions, or are we mostly handling things ourselves? Because if not I may have her ask for further details on how that will be used.
don't tread on me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:30 am

Forest State wrote:Haven’t forgotten about this, will post soon. Was actually going to have Alyx ask about supports but it looks like that question was gotten to already. What would the typical support setup look like for GAMA missions, or are we mostly handling things ourselves? Because if not I may have her ask for further details on how that will be used.

Your typical set up is what your listed for your MACE equipment. Any other stuff is entirely up to you to bring along.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:33 am

Monfrox wrote:
Forest State wrote:Haven’t forgotten about this, will post soon. Was actually going to have Alyx ask about supports but it looks like that question was gotten to already. What would the typical support setup look like for GAMA missions, or are we mostly handling things ourselves? Because if not I may have her ask for further details on how that will be used.

Your typical set up is what your listed for your MACE equipment. Any other stuff is entirely up to you to bring along.

I meant offscreen support like artillery, air power, mortars, etc. Although if we’re going in alone, I suppose that’s fine too, just wanted to know for reference.
don't tread on me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Forest State wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Your typical set up is what your listed for your MACE equipment. Any other stuff is entirely up to you to bring along.

I meant offscreen support like artillery, air power, mortars, etc. Although if we’re going in alone, I suppose that’s fine too, just wanted to know for reference.

If support is in the area, it’d be included in the briefing. For now, you guys are on your own.

Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:38 pm

I don't know if Claudia could identify someone's Generation based on their age and the GEN 2's really aren't in action anymore so if anything she'd likely be seen as a GEN 3+.

I don't know if this is how it should be seen, but the GEN 2's are like SPARTAN II's, and are far more rare and are kept on their own due to their higher maintenance requirements. GEN 3's didn't go through the same process and thus are lower maintenance and everyone after that is basically a GEN 3 (ala SPARTAN III program in the Halo Universe). GEN 3's are successful mass production models of the GEN 2's, featuring most of the pros, while not having as many cons.

I also don't think there are any other GEN 2's given that the only other person older than 25 is Victor and he's a GEN 3. One of the first GEN 3's perhaps, but definitely not old enough to be a GEN 2.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Kassaran wrote:I don't know if Claudia could identify someone's Generation based on their age and the GEN 2's really aren't in action anymore so if anything she'd likely be seen as a GEN 3+.

I don't know if this is how it should be seen, but the GEN 2's are like SPARTAN II's, and are far more rare and are kept on their own due to their higher maintenance requirements. GEN 3's didn't go through the same process and thus are lower maintenance and everyone after that is basically a GEN 3 (ala SPARTAN III program in the Halo Universe). GEN 3's are successful mass production models of the GEN 2's, featuring most of the pros, while not having as many cons.

I also don't think there are any other GEN 2's given that the only other person older than 25 is Victor and he's a GEN 3. One of the first GEN 3's perhaps, but definitely not old enough to be a GEN 2.

Kass, please leave the canon spiels to us since we have changed quite a bit compared to the last thread.

Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Okay. Noted.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:45 am

Y'all deployed. In the week, I'm going to go to anyone and everyone who has not posted and ask why.

Achievement

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:11 pm

what would you say would be a good magazine size. I'm thinking an eight round revolving magazine for Nadya's 105mm similar to what the french were prototyping in the 1950's.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010

Postby Rupudska » Wed May 01, 2019 7:40 am

Alright, time to post I suppose.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed May 01, 2019 9:21 am

Hey so like... do we have a command structure/hierarchy? I kind of just noticed the pilots in the field don’t exactly have much organization outside of “You are the squad”. I don’t think we have a team leader.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Towers
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Towers » Wed May 01, 2019 11:29 am

It might make sense to group ourselves into units of ~3 and designate an over all MACE leader on the ground, what character do we think makes the most sense? Victor, Yasmine or Amanda seem reasonable choices though I did JUST get here however. If our honourable GMs are receptive then I think it would give a bit more direction and order to proceedings. Dividing use into rough trios will also facilitate those lovely three-man-band dynamics.
Every day until you like it.

Fear our mighty Tower-based society!

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed May 01, 2019 12:14 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:what would you say would be a good magazine size. I'm thinking an eight round revolving magazine for Nadya's 105mm similar to what the french were prototyping in the 1950's.

Give it a 4 round box mag. What you have to take into consideration is that it isn't really a tank where all the systems are there, but more kinda like an extension of yourself. Unless you want to have the rifle basically be a tank cannon, then a rotary autoloading mechanism may work but you have to wait for the thing to load up. It really all depends what way you want to play it.

Vacif wrote:Hey so like... do we have a command structure/hierarchy? I kind of just noticed the pilots in the field don’t exactly have much organization outside of “You are the squad”. I don’t think we have a team leader.

I always try to avoid the squad hierarchy because some people really go overboard and others just don't feel inclined to listen to higher-ups so rather than deal with all that, I take away rank from the pilots. Works out better. You're still under command of GAMA officers though.

Achievement

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Wed May 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Monfrox wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:what would you say would be a good magazine size. I'm thinking an eight round revolving magazine for Nadya's 105mm similar to what the french were prototyping in the 1950's.

Give it a 4 round box mag. What you have to take into consideration is that it isn't really a tank where all the systems are there, but more kinda like an extension of yourself. Unless you want to have the rifle basically be a tank cannon, then a rotary autoloading mechanism may work but you have to wait for the thing to load up. It really all depends what way you want to play it.

Vacif wrote:Hey so like... do we have a command structure/hierarchy? I kind of just noticed the pilots in the field don’t exactly have much organization outside of “You are the squad”. I don’t think we have a team leader.

I always try to avoid the squad hierarchy because some people really go overboard and others just don't feel inclined to listen to higher-ups so rather than deal with all that, I take away rank from the pilots. Works out better. You're still under command of GAMA officers though.

The issue is that the cannons shoulder mounted, so I wasn't planning on being able to reload in the field, hence the revolver style magazine with no extra ammo. I can cut the rounds down if you want me to though.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed May 01, 2019 2:03 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Give it a 4 round box mag. What you have to take into consideration is that it isn't really a tank where all the systems are there, but more kinda like an extension of yourself. Unless you want to have the rifle basically be a tank cannon, then a rotary autoloading mechanism may work but you have to wait for the thing to load up. It really all depends what way you want to play it.

The issue is that the cannons shoulder mounted, so I wasn't planning on being able to reload in the field, hence the revolver style magazine with no extra ammo. I can cut the rounds down if you want me to though.

Alright, go with the autoloader. Just don't go crazy with it.

Achievement

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Wed May 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Post is up. Do we have any callsigns for command and the convoy elements?

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Wed May 01, 2019 10:34 pm

Monfrox wrote:

So basically what I'm thinking is: rather than there being an official heirarchy within the squad, the characters themselves would/should come up with their own consensus on who takes command. That allows for the leader to change regularly and prevents unnecessary rank pulling.
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Madmunch
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Madmunch » Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 am

Is it too late for me to join this thread? :( ...highly interested in a mecha rp atm.
"Money makes the world go round"

Yes, I am a worshipper of Mammon....don't judge me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri May 03, 2019 6:31 pm

Madmunch wrote:Is it too late for me to join this thread? :( ...highly interested in a mecha rp atm.

Unless you have a record of prior experience, I can’t readily accept anyone as new as you. Sorry.

Achievement

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue May 07, 2019 11:18 pm

Post coming up soon, boys and girls.

Achievement

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue May 07, 2019 11:25 pm

Monfrox wrote:Post coming up soon, boys and girls.

O hecks

Will get post up at some point. Work is kicking my ass.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Wed May 08, 2019 4:23 am

Yeah, gonna have a post up soon, too. RL has just been busy as of late, but my schedule is starting to clear up.

Edit: expect one within the next 12 to 24 hours.
Last edited by Castelia on Wed May 08, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse