NATION

PASSWORD

GAMA: Redux [OOC] [SEMI-CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:48 am

So, what kind of energy generators do we use on MACEs?

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:59 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:So, what kind of energy generators do we use on MACEs?

So it hasn't firmly been established in canon, and personally I left it that way to allow others a bit more flexibility in their MACE applications. Given that they are essentially walking tanks, with perhaps less room to try and store a giant diesel engine, some form of smaller solid fuel or micro-nuclear reactor would probably be one of the best options, but if you can justify some form of high efficiency solar panels I wouldn't stop that either.

So ultimately it's kind of up to you, just keep in mind that it should ultimately fit in your machine somewhere.
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Sudbrazil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudbrazil » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Xing wrote:
Sudbrazil wrote:So, what kind of energy generators do we use on MACEs?

So it hasn't firmly been established in canon, and personally I left it that way to allow others a bit more flexibility in their MACE applications. Given that they are essentially walking tanks, with perhaps less room to try and store a giant diesel engine, some form of smaller solid fuel or micro-nuclear reactor would probably be one of the best options, but if you can justify some form of high efficiency solar panels I wouldn't stop that either.

So ultimately it's kind of up to you, just keep in mind that it should ultimately fit in your machine somewhere.

Molten salt micro-reactor it is then.

Could I modify my app to include bustle racks to carry fuel, spare parts and ammunition?
Last edited by Sudbrazil on Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Sudbrazil wrote:
Xing wrote:So it hasn't firmly been established in canon, and personally I left it that way to allow others a bit more flexibility in their MACE applications. Given that they are essentially walking tanks, with perhaps less room to try and store a giant diesel engine, some form of smaller solid fuel or micro-nuclear reactor would probably be one of the best options, but if you can justify some form of high efficiency solar panels I wouldn't stop that either.

Molten salt micro-reactor it is then.

Could I modify my app to include bustle racks to carry fuel, spare parts and ammunition?

I don't see why not. If it's just to add on storage racks then yeah you should be fine to do that.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Alright, recreated the application as best I could, shortened the bio a bit further, but elaborated on the MACE design. I don't think any of it too much, but just let me know what to nix if need be Mon, you too Xing since I know you're Mon's wingman on this.

Nationstates Name: Kassaran
Character Name: Victor 'Vic' Mendoza
Character Age: 26
Character Image:

Character Nationality: Cuban-American

Character Short Bio: Foreign-birth Immigrant, born March 10, 2020. Accepted for refugee status in the United States alongside mother, Maria Mendoza. Identified for GAMA candidacy in 2034 at age 14 and subsequently acquired for pilot training from White River National Park Refugee Camp.

Underwent original Project Valkyrie hormone suppression therapy in 2035, but was given alternative gene augmentation when the program was declared defunct. Received final augmentation and conditioning in 2037 at the age of 17.

Selected for Valkyrie Pilot Training in 2038 and obtained wings at the end of training in 2039. Activated in 2040 for combat operations. Has completed 43 combat sorties and has obtained 7 confirmed MACE kills.

RP Sample: A Sample
Theme Song: Throwing Lead

MACE Picture/Description:

MACE Model Name: Northrop-Grumman FE-32 Block III "Guardian"
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Ares
Height: 4.8m
Weight: 19.2 Tons
Equipment:
E3G Reactor powerplant (provides 120 MW continuous for up to 3 weeks), AN/AAQ-42 DAS electro-optical infrared FCS (provides real-time area infrared scanning and target recognition)

Weaponry: Contains one over-shoulder mount, one ventral MGS mount, two hands.
1x227mm M270 series MLRS (mounted in over-shoulder mount), 7.62mm M240 MGS (mounted underneath lower torso unit), 40mm Mk 38 Chain Gun System CGS (box-fed MACE Rifle), 750mm Close-Quarters Melee Blade (held in MACE hands)

Defensive measures:
AN/ALE-49 Exosuit Countermeasures Dispenser System (10 dispensers containing 2 rounds each, developed by BAE Systems to provide multiple threat IRCM), AN/ALQ-102 Precision Electronic Countermeasure System (provides omnidirectional electronic warfare jamming), Enhanced Passive Reaction Composite Armor Plating (EPReC Armor provides multiple-use ballistic strike protection from weapons with caliber up to 50mm Gauss, attached to torso, shoulder, forearm, thigh, and lower leg units)

Other features:
Can mount a Composite Barrier Strike Shield scaled for MACE-caliber combat engagements in either hand, or stored in over-shoulder mount until needed, Features multiple mounting points for camouflage panels and netting.
Last edited by Kassaran on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:32 am

Sraelyn wrote:Nationstates Name: Sraelyn
Character Name: Alexandre Durant
Character Age: 21
Character Image:
Character Nationality: French
Character Short Bio: Born in Paris in 1926, to a middle class family, he led a relatively normal life until the age of 4 when Proteus first launched it’s attack. During the initial days of the siege of Paris, the residential apartment building where he lived was struck by an IED, causing it’s collapse. Hours later he was rescued by a patrol, found amongst the rubble tightly clutching his younger sister Camille, their parents nowhere to be found. They were both taken to a refugee center at an army base on the outskirts of Paris, where they would remain for the following years.
Although his basic needs were satisfied at the camp, and his immediate safety somewhat secured, he found himself unable to truly adapt to the life there. Over the years he became increasingly problematic, frequently getting into fights with the other orphaned children until the day that GAMA agents arrived and took over the base. Due to their age and lack of a family to oppose, he was taken into the Valkyrie program along with his sister and several of the orphaned children.
The next years would be filled with training and surgery to prepare him for the daunting task of being a full fledged Valkyrie. During this period he was also taken in and used in the development of an experimental form of combat stimulants, injected mid combat to increase combat effectiveness. Alexandre became a prime test subject for this project, as his body seemed naturally resistant to the brunt of the side effects and the posterior withdrawal symptoms of this cocktail of drugs and hormones. Once training was over, he was selected to perform as a shock trooper and MACE-hunter, mostly operating solitarily or as a spear head, due to his great close quarters abilities, violent tendencies, and general disregard for both authority and his own physical safety.
RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35474660#p35474660
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35296501#p35296501
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35288157#p35288157
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=35158279#p35158279
Theme Song: https://youtu.be/161gvnKvowA

MACE Model Name: CNS-7 Lance (modified)
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Wyvern
Height: 5,8 meters
Weight: 32 tonnes
Equipment: A pair of large thruster on the back of the MACE, allowing a moderate degree of hovering in short bursts, and increasing forward velocity.
Weaponry: Grenade launcher attached to left shoulder, carrying 4 smoke grenades and 8 highly explosive ones, 4-tube unguided missile launcher on the right shoulder, small flamethrower incorporated into his left arm with a large protruding blade attached to the forearm, pile bunker attached to the right forearm, and an automatic heavy pistol.
Defensive measures: Flares, reinforced armor on the forearms and heavy composite armor on the front of the MACE
Other features: Infrared vision and combat stimulant injector built into his piloting suit, which enhance his reflexes and perception while reducing fatigue. This stimulants can be detrimental if used during exceedingly long operations or is abused.
That God's name is Abraxas

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Thank you for reposting that, I missed it. Been a long few weeks.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 pm

No problem. Thought that might've been the case

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:38 am

Okay Sra, you need to change the year he was born because it's 2047. Also for your MACE, choose between the pile bunker or the knife, and the pistol or the flamethrower. I do like the limiting on the combat drugs though, that helps.

Kass, you have a lot of work now thanks to that. He can't have been a pilot candidate if the first MACE was still 2 years out. Now your MACE, christ. Okay you need to scale down those missiles or get rid of them entirely. And you also need to stick to one chain gun and one coax. I'm nixing that 150mm hard, though. The MACEs are 4-6m tall now, which means they can't have a lot of equipment on them like before. In that same vein, pick an electronic suite and active countermeasure system and stick to it. You don't have enough room for all of that. You fall, and you literally will not be able to get back up.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:49 am

Looking through this and working on an app now. Question, though.

Is there a baseline "standard" for MACEs or do they generally deviate a lot? Before figuring out what to use, I'm trying to see what the "average" one would be like so to speak.
don't tread on me

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:51 am

Forest State wrote:Looking through this and working on an app now. Question, though.

Is there a baseline "standard" for MACEs or do they generally deviate a lot? Before figuring out what to use, I'm trying to see what the "average" one would be like so to speak.

I'm leaving it up to the player but just don't go crazy with it. Remember this isn't a Gundam so you're not going to have a lot to work with before you end up with something that has to spend most of it's fuel/power to just getting around

Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:54 am

Monfrox wrote:Kass, you have a lot of work now thanks to that. He can't have been a pilot candidate if the first MACE was still 2 years out. Now your MACE, christ. Okay you need to scale down those missiles or get rid of them entirely. And you also need to stick to one chain gun and one coax. I'm nixing that 150mm hard, though. The MACEs are 4-6m tall now, which means they can't have a lot of equipment on them like before. In that same vein, pick an electronic suite and active countermeasure system and stick to it. You don't have enough room for all of that. You fall, and you literally will not be able to get back up.

Okay, so push back the timeline on his development as a Valkyrie. Got it.

As for the MACE, I'll make edits to the variety of weapons' available, but did not believe them to be too far out of proportion. I mostly was looking at the weapon systems a Stryker can mount and deciding it would make the most sense that American MACE designs would likely have developed an ability to use similar systems.

I nixxed the surveillance RADAR in favor of just using the UHF. I don't think any of your complaints really were centered on the EO Suite. Also got rid of the APU, I figure batteries onboard should be more than enough as-is.

Missiles will be reduced in size to the 227mm M270 Rockets used today. 150 has been Nixxed. I decided to go with the 7.62 so it can be dismounted and used more easily by ground troops if the need arises. For the two chainguns, I'll consolidate down to the 40mm and make it a box-fed MACE-rifle.

I nixed the directional LASER ECM suite and condensed the countermeasures dispenser system down to just the 10 tubes on the shoulders.
Last edited by Kassaran on Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 am

Kassaran wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Kass, you have a lot of work now thanks to that. He can't have been a pilot candidate if the first MACE was still 2 years out. Now your MACE, christ. Okay you need to scale down those missiles or get rid of them entirely. And you also need to stick to one chain gun and one coax. I'm nixing that 150mm hard, though. The MACEs are 4-6m tall now, which means they can't have a lot of equipment on them like before. In that same vein, pick an electronic suite and active countermeasure system and stick to it. You don't have enough room for all of that. You fall, and you literally will not be able to get back up.

Okay, so push back the timeline on his development as a Valkyrie. Got it.

As for the MACE, I'll make edits to the variety of weapons' available, but did not believe them to be too far out of proportion. I mostly was looking at the weapon systems a Stryker can mount and deciding it would make the most sense that American MACE designs would likely have developed an ability to use similar systems.

I nixxed the surveillance RADAR in favor of just using the UHF. I don't think any of your complaints really were centered on the EO Suite. Also got rid of the APU, I figure batteries onboard should be more than enough as-is.

Missiles will be reduced in size to the 227mm M270 Rockets used today. 150 has been Nixxed. I decided to go with the 7.62 so it can be dismounted and used more easily by ground troops if the need arises. For the two chainguns, I'll consolidate down to the 40mm and make it a box-fed MACE-rifle.

I nixed the directional LASER ECM suite and condensed the countermeasures dispenser system down to just the 10 tubes on the shoulders.

Kass, this isn't the same as a vehicle. And the Stryker only has an ability to have up to an M2 before it stops being an APC and starts being an IFV. Your MACE has a much higher center of gravity and due to that, is more susceptible to balancing issues in and out of combat. You don't have the luxury of being so low to the ground that recoil doesn't matter, and high caliber SPGs still have spades out the back to deal with recoil movement.

Achievement

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 am

Nationstates Name: Forest State
Character Name: Alyxandra Jane Gray
Character Age: 18
Character Image:

Character Nationality: American

Character Short Bio (at least a couple paragraphs): The fall of the old world hit a lot of people hard, but especially the family of Alyxandra Jane Gray. Originally coming from Colorado, they were pretty close to it all when Judgement's Grace rose in the surrounding areas to the west and the north. Only thing was, that family never particularly got along with the new authorities. When the old world fell they found their niche as smugglers, but that didn't exactly sit well with Judgement's Grace. Conflict with this group left Alyxandra without her parents at the age of five. From that point on, the only person that she had was her older brother, Asher. But for the young Alyx, life didn't change all that much. The surroundings changed, but she was a bit too young to get the full significance of everything that had happened.

Her parents' murder by Judgement's Grace hadn't registered to her. All she knew was that she was with Asher now and that they had to move away from this area. Her early life was spent on the move as they tried to make their way back from Wyoming to Colorado, where they had started. It wasn't perfectly safe, but it was safer than the place where they were wanted, and it was much safer than the areas of the coast where they were believed to have extended family. Extended family that they hadn't been in contact with for years, not knowing if they were even dead or alive anymore. And yet, even when they were in the relative safety of Colorado, life still didn't improve that much. They were out of danger, yes, but they were just about as low as one could get in this new society. They didn't have much, and Alyx found herself alone most of the time while Asher worked hard just to secure somewhere for them to live and put food on the table.

Which was the reason why Asher was fine with sending off his younger sister to the GAMA program. At least it would be better than struggling in what was left of Colorado for a living. It was something that Alyx didn't understand at the time either, despite being older. The only thing it meant to her, really, was that she would be alone again. Truly alone, not just stuck with a brother that was frequently busy. It changed her personality, too. Made her decide that her main goal was to become the best MACE pilot that had ever been seen. Not because she gave a damn about the cause and not because of caring much about the act of piloting in itself but because if she became the best pilot there was, everyone else would be forced to pay attention to her.

And she wouldn't be forced to be alone much longer.

RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP): I'm somewhat proud of this one.
Theme Song (entirely optional): Rise

MACE Model Name: BAE M-22
MACE Nickname/Reporting name: Imp
Height (Cannot exceed 6m/20ft): 5.2m
Weight(approx.): 19 tonnes
Equipment:
  • Sensor Suite - Shoulder mounted, provides high definition video of the environment within the field of view of the senors. Additional sensors are placed on the body of the MACE to support this.
  • Infrared sensors for fighting in low visibility conditions.
  • Storage for four 12 round magazines - Side mounted
Weaponry:
  • 2x 30cm missile launch cells - Back mounted
  • Colt MX-112 - 50mm magazine fed marksman rifle
  • CQB Knife - Side holstered
Defensive measures:
  • ECM Unit - Shoulder mounted opposite of the senor suite
  • Reinforced armor around the upper torso area near the cockpit
  • Ejection capsule - In the event of critical damage, the cockpit can be ejected as a capsule, with its own parachute
Other features: The 50mm marksman rifle has a foldable bipod which can be used for sniping.
Last edited by Forest State on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
don't tread on me

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:24 am

Too late to join?
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:26 am

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:Too late to join?

We got spots.

Forest, I’ll look at it tomorrow. Literally about to climb into bed.

Achievement

Deutschess Kaiserreich
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschess Kaiserreich » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:46 am

Can I have a character be a descendant of Rommel?
The Deutsches Kaiserreich
The Kaiserriech is an alternative history timeline where Germany won the First Weltkreig. Currently, the Kaiserriech is a Federal Monarchy. Our current leader is Victoria Louise Adelheid Mathilde Charlotte the Second. For more information.
Socialist Minecraft Server wrote:Im thinking about what im thinking about what im thinking
Ethnic Female German living in [REDACTED] (Not comfortable with revealing my identity).

Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Retconning lots of lore so expect some non-sensical parts in my factbooks.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 am

Alright, slimmed down the MACE's systems a bit more and gave the MACE a bit more bulk. to hold it all.

Equipment:
E3G Reactor powerplant (provides 120 MW continuous for up to 3 weeks), AN/AAQ-42 DAS electro-optical infrared FCS (provides real-time area infrared scanning and target recognition)

1x227mm M270 series MLRS (mounted in over-shoulder mount), 7.62mm M240 MGS (mounted underneath lower torso unit), 40mm Mk 38 Chain Gun System CGS (box-fed MACE Rifle), 750mm Close-Quarters Melee Blade (held in MACE hands)

Defensive measures:
AN/ALE-49 Exosuit Countermeasures Dispenser System (10 dispensers containing 2 rounds each, developed by BAE Systems to provide multiple threat IRCM), AN/ALQ-102 Precision Electronic Countermeasure System (provides omnidirectional electronic warfare jamming), Enhanced Passive Reaction Composite Armor Plating (EPReC Armor provides multiple-use ballistic strike protection from weapons with caliber up to 50mm Gauss, attached to torso, shoulder, forearm, thigh, and lower leg units)

Other features:
Can mount a Composite Barrier Strike Shield scaled for MACE-caliber combat engagements in either hand, or stored in over-shoulder mount until needed, Features multiple mounting points for camouflage panels and netting.

bloody hell, mate.

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:33 am

Edited it accordingly, hope it's fine now. I clearly had a brain fart when I wrote 1926 as the birth date.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Kassaran wrote:Alright, slimmed down the MACE's systems a bit more and gave the MACE a bit more bulk. to hold it all.

Equipment:

Defensive measures:

Other features:

That looks much better Kass, as Co-op I give it my approval. I know it may seem like this was all Mon's doing, but I actually agreed during our discussion last night about it. It just felt like there were a bit too many toys in the toybox on this one so to speak. If everyone had every possible tool they would need it would defeat some of the purpose of working with the team. As things continue to progress I want to allow people to be able to come to us with possible additions or changes to their MACEs, but I appreciate being able to meet us in the middle on this one.

Sraelyn wrote:Edited it accordingly, hope it's fine now. I clearly had a brain fart when I wrote 1926 as the birth date.

Sraelyn I looked yours over as well and it all looks ok to me so I'm accepting your app as well. The only thing I'm curious about is how the thrusters are going to function. In my head I'm picturing it working similar to the Javelins from Anthem, and I just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

Forest State wrote:Character app. I'll add the mech part in a little bit. Tell me if there's something wrong with how the lore is represented here.

Nationstates Name: Forest State
Character Name: Alyxandra Jane Gray
Character Age: 18
Character Image:
Character Nationality: American

Character Short Bio (at least a couple paragraphs): The fall of the old world hit a lot of people hard, but especially the family of Alyxandra Jane Gray. Originally coming from Colorado, they were pretty close to it all when Judgement's Grace rose in the surrounding areas to the west and the north. Only thing was, that family never particularly got along with the new authorities. When the old world fell they found their niche as smugglers, but that didn't exactly sit well with Judgement's Grace. Conflict with this group left Alyxandra without her parents at the age of five. From that point on, the only person that she had was her older brother, Asher. But for the young Alyx, life didn't change all that much. The surroundings changed, but she was a bit too young to get the full significance of everything that had happened.

Her parents' murder by Judgement's Grace hadn't registered to her. All she knew was that she was with Asher now and that they had to move away from this area. Her early life was spent on the move as they looked to go east and avoid what was happening out west, instead trying to get back to the east coast where the siblings had extended family. New York, in specific. Fast forward some time, a few years, and they had arrived in New York City - or what was left over, anyway. And yet, life still didn't improve that much. They were out of danger, yes, but they were just about as low as one could get in this new society. They didn't have much, and Alyx found herself alone most of the time while Asher worked hard just to secure somewhere for them to live and put food on the table.

Which was the reason why Asher was fine with sending off his younger sister to the GAMA program. At least it would be better than struggling in what was left of New York City for a living. It was something that Alyx didn't understand at the time either, despite being older. The only thing it meant to her, really, was that she would be alone again. Truly alone, not just stuck with a brother that was frequently busy. It changed her personality, too. Made her decide that her main goal was to become the best MACE pilot that had ever been seen. Not because she gave a damn about the cause and not because of caring much about the act of piloting in itself but because if she became the best pilot there was, everyone else would be forced to pay attention to her.

And she wouldn't be forced to be alone much longer.

RP Sample (a link to one of your posts in another RP): I'm somewhat proud of this one.
Theme Song (entirely optional): Rise

Looks good so far Forest State, as long as the MACE part fits in ok you should be good to go.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Deutschess Kaiserreich wrote:Can I have a character be a descendant of Rommel?

Gonna give you the really blunt question for this: For what purpose?

Achievement

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:03 pm

No worries Xing, I saw entirely where Mon was coming from and didn't think it unfair. I had honestly overestimated the size of the MACE's and should have figured such a system was already in place as it was. My major focus is not to be too much of a hassle and I really don't want to be an ass here to Mon just because I'm trying to be a bit more special.

bloody hell, mate.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Kassaran wrote:No worries Xing, I saw entirely where Mon was coming from and didn't think it unfair. I had honestly overestimated the size of the MACE's and should have figured such a system was already in place as it was. My major focus is not to be too much of a hassle and I really don't want to be an ass here to Mon just because I'm trying to be a bit more special.

Fair enough. Yeah the way that I've been dealing with the current scale is to think of it as a tank sized human.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Alyx's app is complete. The 50mm rifle might be a bit much but I decided to go for an overall style that's more like a marksman than a frontline assault model. It also reflects Alyx's ideas about piloting to an extent, since if she was given an option on which model to pilot she would go for the one with the extravagant long rifle over something more basic.
Last edited by Forest State on Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
don't tread on me

Sraelyn
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sraelyn » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Xing wrote:
Sraelyn wrote:Edited it accordingly, hope it's fine now. I clearly had a brain fart when I wrote 1926 as the birth date.

Sraelyn I looked yours over as well and it all looks ok to me so I'm accepting your app as well. The only thing I'm curious about is how the thrusters are going to function. In my head I'm picturing it working similar to the Javelins from Anthem, and I just want to make sure I'm on the same page.

I was thinking more along the lines of old armored core thrusters. Allowing the MACE to hover a couple feet above the ground at a higher speed than when walking. Maybe they could be used to enhance a jump or somewhat glide during a fall. They wouldn't make it capable of flight, but help in closing the distance towards an enemy if that's ok.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse