NATION

PASSWORD

1990: The Winds of Change [ENDED|OOC|CN Sponsored]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:In light of what I've seen and heard on the Discord, I'm bowing out. I won't associate with folks who find hatred to be a laughing matter. Palmetto, you are a fine writer with a great imagination, and I'm sorry to throw this wrench in the RP. But you deserve better of your players, and so do I.

Unfortunate to hear, but I understand. Though I am going to be reigning them in, I understand if this player base isn't to your suiting.

UAS is now open. If y'all need to negotiate with them, or any other nation, tell me and I'll fill in myself. Alternatively, I'll have another trustworthy player briefly control them as an NPC for your talks. (under supervision, of course.)
Last edited by The Palmetto on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:20 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:In light of what I've seen and heard on the Discord, I'm bowing out. I won't associate with folks who find hatred to be a laughing matter. Palmetto, you are a fine writer with a great imagination, and I'm sorry to throw this wrench in the RP. But you deserve better of your players, and so do I.

Aww. Nuts. Sorry to hear that.

Free California Republic
Attaché

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Free California Republic » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:23 pm

What's this about? I'm interested if it's not too late.
Snoop, snoop, snoop around reports in Moderation...
Please don't ban me!

READ THIS:
Not a Fallout nation, we're pretty much just a union of Pacific regions that joined during a world war.
I span Japan, Yukon, Alberta, British Columbia, California, Nevada, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, and Baja California.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:28 pm

Free California Republic wrote:What's this about? I'm interested if it's not too late.

Nonsense, this has only begun! This is an alt-hist RP, feel free to glance over the OP and see if you're interested.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 pm

I'd be interested in reserving Colombia, please. :)
Last edited by Cappuccina on Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:31 am

Cappuccina wrote:I'd be interested in reserving Colombia, please. :)

Done!

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 am

Also, I am going to be posting today. Get ready for some epic racial chaos. 8)
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:08 am

God I hate being on school internet, since I can't get in Discord and see what's happening behind the scenes >_< Very unepic school >:(
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Cappuccina
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappuccina » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:01 pm

What's the general condition of Colombia in this timeline?
Muslim, Female, Trans, Not white..... oppression points x4!!!!
"Latinx" isn't a real word. :^)
Automobile & Music fan!!! ^_^
Also, an everything 1980s fan!!!
Left/Right: -5.25
SocLib/Auth: 2.46

Apparently, I'm an INFP

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:51 pm

Cappuccina wrote:What's the general condition of Colombia in this timeline?

There's still a lot of rural areas, but it's well developed overall and has a good economy.

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:58 am

UTAH

Nationstates Name - Latvijas Otra Republika
Nation Name - Free State of Utah (Official, International & diplomatic),'Free State of Deseret' (Unofficial, local)
Roleplay example link - 2024
Capital - Salt Lake City
Type of Government - Theocratic Democratic Republic
Head of State(s) - Boyd K. Packer
Image of Leader -

Party in Power - Apostolic Party (87/152 Seats in Congress)
Executive Title - First Quorum of the Presidency (President)

Demographics -

Population: 1,750,000

Caucasian: 95%
Asian: 2%
Black: 2%
Other: 1%

LDS Church: 83%
Catholic: 11%
Southern Baptist: 5%
Other: 1%

Flag -

National Anthem - Amazing Grace
Public Goals - Self-Reliance of Mormon industry and economy, Increase in output from Agrarian countryside, Conversion of all gentiles through peaceful means
Private Goals - Reach the West American coast line, Increase dominance of Mormon religion, Increase population of Deseret, Expand Mormon influence upon California, Abandonment of status as a buffer state

Total military size -
Breakdown of ground sector - 550 Artillery, 3,600 Active troops, 14,500 Reserves
Breakdown of naval sector - N/A
Breakdown of airforce sector - 6 Aircraft Carriers, 10 CAS, 2 Fighters
Major foreign military suppliers - UAS
Extra military information - Citizens have access to firearms legally

Currency - Utah Dollar
Major import/export partners - UAS, Canada, USA
Major Domestic Issues - American Unionism sentiments in some areas, Lack in new arriving converts, No port, Lack of self reliance in production, Water droughts
Major Foreign Issues - Anti-Mormon sentiments in North America due to legalisation of polygamy, Buffer state status means a conflict of interests
History -

Although Utah gained it's independence after the 1870 Treaty of Ottawa, the history of the region can be traced back to the caravan migration of Brigham Young into Salt Lake City. This journey of pioneers, however lengthy and significant, is simply too long to cover together with the declaration of Utah as free nation state. The term 'Free State', as pronounced by the treaty, by some historians has been interpreted as a light mocking hand orchestrated by the Canadians at the expense at the US government and constitution. This is attributed to the fact that it goes against the 'United' aspect of the American states, especially outlining how Canada 'Freed' the states which inhabited the geographical western portion of the continent which the US once dominated. The terms of the treaty gave little restrictions to the new State, ultimately due to their relative minute location and size, which allowed for the Mormon faith and Church to once again take a large part in Utah's political processes and social life, this time without the interference of the capital of Washington.

Matters of social well being, care and services were given to the LDS Church, otherwise known as the Church of Latter Day Saints. This was indicated by an article of the Utah constitution stating that 'Indifenitley shall remain Godly & Holy, under the (LDS), the giving ministries of all man's welfare'. The line between Church and State within Utah is very fine, while not a full theocracy the LDS church still remains a dominant endorser with full observer status in the Congress. This has lead to nearly all, as well as the current, President(s) to be significant members of the Mormon faith with influential religious positions. An indication of the dominance is the very title of the presidency, 'First Quorum of the Presidency', which is near identical to the actual position title of the LDS Church head. Both the President and Congress of Utah are elected every four years, although they have to swear an oath to the 'book of Mormon' as to enter their respective positions.

Militarily, the Utah Free State still bases their military on the mobilisation of militias as a community effort from the people. This has been a direct result from the fact that Utah is a buffer state lacking extensive and difficult conflicts near it's territories.
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:27 pm

Lovely app from the Latvian, accepted!

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:20 pm

Gonna be stuck in a country with heavy internet restrictions for the next few days so not gonna be able to use discord.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Jade Confederacy wrote:Gonna be stuck in a country with heavy internet restrictions for the next few days so not gonna be able to use discord.

Got it, stay safe!

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:29 pm

Interested, could I make a united Scandinavian Empire or Nationstate?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:11 pm

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Interested, could I make a united Scandinavian Empire or Nationstate?

Much like in real life, the Nordic countries are culturally and ideologically similar, so you could try to form a union over time.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:51 pm

One thing I regret about the OP is that I feel I spent too long explaining some regions while ignoring others. While I did it to give players some freedom, it's mostly bitten me in the behind. What are some regions y'all would like to see me expand upon lore-wise?

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:22 pm

The Palmetto wrote:One thing I regret about the OP is that I feel I spent too long explaining some regions while ignoring others. While I did it to give players some freedom, it's mostly bitten me in the behind. What are some regions y'all would like to see me expand upon lore-wise?

I feel like a tad bit more focus on uh Asia beyond Japanese fuckery could be interesting a little.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:43 am

I'd like to hear a bit more about the Middle-East

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:41 pm

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:I'd like to hear a bit more about the Middle-East

Oh yeah, of course the USSR wants to know more of the Middle East. /s I can definitely elaborate more on that, as well as the rest of Asia.

With that said, let's generate some discussion. What are some cool ideas y'all have for the lore in those regions?

Da Klan
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Da Klan » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:31 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:I'd like to hear a bit more about the Middle-East

Oh yeah, of course the USSR wants to know more of the Middle East. /s I can definitely elaborate more on that, as well as the rest of Asia.

With that said, let's generate some discussion. What are some cool ideas y'all have for the lore in those regions?

Did the Zionists attempt to at least take Palestine?

What are those gosh darn Turks doing now since they've been partitioned?

How big is Pan-Syrianism, Pan-Arabism, and similar pan-nationalistic ideologies in this timeline?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm

I wonder what Newne would be doing if he was allowed in this roleplay.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:11 pm

I wonder if we have some Saudi-analouge funding international islamic radicalism with that sweet oil money.

Also, what's going on in massive Egypt? Ba'athism?

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Jade Confederacy
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jade Confederacy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:24 pm

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:I wonder if we have some Saudi-analouge funding international islamic radicalism with that sweet oil money.

Also, what's going on in massive Egypt? Ba'athism?

Saudi dominion of the Arabian peninsula isnt guaranteed. The Saudis failed to consolidate their control over the region twice prior and the Hashemites were considered the strongest force in the area for most of Arabia's history. The only reason that the Saudi state was able to cling on in RL is due to a combination of religious fundamentalist backing, oil money, and American arms. All three is needed for them to secure control but we dont have the kind of global superpower to provide security guarantees they need so everything is up in the air.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:32 am

Some great questions about the Middle East, I'll definitely try to expand the OP when I get the chance.

I was definitely wanting to have a Ba'ahist Egypt, which is currently trying to Arabize its vast swathes of territory in the Sudans and exploit their oil resources. There is almost certainly a great deal of unrest in South Sudan, which will likely go into full-blown revolution if nothing is done about it. It'd be an interesting country to play, all things considered.

Some Zionists definitely tried to form their own state, and several paramilitary groups formed which may even be plotting to this day. However, Palestine was run by an Italian satellite, so it had more say in its immigration laws. The government in what's Palestine/Transjordan could either be warily tolerant, or be violent towards them, depending on the player. Pan-Arabism likely exists, but faces many of the same problems of IRL without the Israeli scapegoat.

I like the idea of a Hashemite Arabia, but I think I'll put the Saudis in charge, but with a weaker grip than IRL. I'd like to set up a proxy conflict in the ME between a secular Iran and a religious Saudi Arabia.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse