NATION

PASSWORD

The Abyss (Underwater Mystery/Military Roleplay) OOC - OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:29 am

Andsed wrote:Hey OP what kind of equipment does those in the heavy weapon role use?

Likely either a fully automatic bipod LMG (a near future equivalent of course), a flamethrower or a unique 'smart' missile type weapon which launches micro-explosives that only detonate once they enter flesh (to minimize collateral damage) were the ideas I had.
Endem wrote:
Burgerlandia wrote:Uh just leave Unique Armaments blank, for now, I'm going to edit that all in over the weekend and announce once I'm done in the OOC. Your app is also a little short and contains some grammatical issues. Do you have any past RP experience you can telegram me?

Yeah I have past experience, I'll try to correct any mistakes but the app is short because you didn't specify how much paragraphs you want so I automatically assumed one ( I purposefully left the personality section small because I suck at writing personalities )

You do have a point I will update the requirements, just spelling / grammatical mistakes don't inspire confidence. I want this to be a semi-serious RP after all with decent writing.
Join my RP: The Abyss and find out what exactly happened on Veios six years ago.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:31 am

This is really outstanding work, especially - if your post count is to be taken at face value - by a fairly new player. I'd like to reserve the lieutenant; my credentials are in my sig. Once again, well done.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:31 am

New Udonia wrote:Character Name: Bahman F. Schmidt
Sex: Male
Nationality: Iranian-German, Earth-born
Team: Support
Squad: N/A
Role and Rank: Support Team Head: Warrant Officer
Unique Armaments: Plasma-Infused Riot Baton, Dual Heavy-Caliber Side-Arms (Carries an assortment of Armor-Piercing, Hollow-Point, and Explosive rounds.)

Appearance: At 6'1", Schmidt is slightly intimidating. His blend of Iranian and German ancestry have given him a dark, but sharply defined face. Officially an Endomorph, he may be seen as athletically fit depending on the situation. Schmidt possesses one observable scar, which runs the length of his entire left leg.

Personality: Schmidt's personality is dependent on two primary factors, who he is and who he thinks he is. Officially praised for his field record of reliability and decisiveness, some may be led to believe that Schmidt is the perfect tactician. However, Schmidt values integrity, which has led to his candor irritating those who promote tolerance of everyone's ideas. Schmidt will rarely be seen in a dirty uniform, as he possesses certain traits of the obsessive compulsive disorder. Finally, living the life of a lawful neutral, Schmidt is always trying to organize a chaotic world.

Biography: Born into a family with a history of scientific and engineering service, you would think that Schmidt would enter the sciences. Schmidt attended the Earth Science Academy and graduated with acceptable grades, accepting a job with the Epsilon corporation. His original work involved the strategic planning of certain off-world business projects, one of which was closely involved with the design and development of the Veios installations. Once Epsilon's operations closed, Schmidt joined the military and rose through the ranks of logistical support.

Reason for Induction: During Epsilon's final days, the primary research center was assaulted by an unknown force. In the chaos, Schmidt managed to retrieve a hard copy of the facility diagnostics before suffering a direct attack. After the dust settled, Schmidt had almost bled to death from a certain wound, however the diagnostics allowed military forces to track the perpetrators and engage them before they could harm other outposts. This incident offered him a chance to join the military at a high-level logistics consultant position, which allowed him to recommend himself for the Veios mission.

Personal Effects (optional): Schmidt selected three small personal effects for the Veios mission. One, a damaged toy plastic soldier on a chain, seems to be connected to his past. A shell casing seems to be connected to his present, as it has his name engraved within it. Finally, a technological holo-ring, which seems to allude to his future.

Accepted but remove the unique armaments. I'll TG everyone and update the post once I've written in all the options, the Detachments are somewhat standardized in what munitions they carry so nothing too special unfortunately.
Join my RP: The Abyss and find out what exactly happened on Veios six years ago.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:35 am

Burgerlandia wrote:
Andsed wrote:Hey OP what kind of equipment does those in the heavy weapon role use?

Likely either a fully automatic bipod LMG (a near future equivalent of course), a flamethrower or a unique 'smart' missile type weapon which launches micro-explosives that only detonate once they enter flesh (to minimize collateral damage) were the ideas I had.
Endem wrote:Yeah I have past experience, I'll try to correct any mistakes but the app is short because you didn't specify how much paragraphs you want so I automatically assumed one ( I purposefully left the personality section small because I suck at writing personalities )

You do have a point I will update the requirements, just spelling / grammatical mistakes don't inspire confidence. I want this to be a semi-serious RP after all with decent writing.

It's a never-ending fight with the mistakes due to the language I use every day that's why I have an automatic mistake checker but it still doesn't work 100% of times
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:37 am

Endem wrote:
Burgerlandia wrote:Likely either a fully automatic bipod LMG (a near future equivalent of course), a flamethrower or a unique 'smart' missile type weapon which launches micro-explosives that only detonate once they enter flesh (to minimize collateral damage) were the ideas I had.

It's a never-ending fight with the mistakes due to the language I use every day that's why I have an automatic mistake checker but it still doesn't work 100% of times

No worries :) I understand that English can be a bitch.
Reverend Norv wrote:This is really outstanding work, especially - if your post count is to be taken at face value - by a fairly new player. I'd like to reserve the lieutenant; my credentials are in my sig. Once again, well done.

Thank you! I've been on this site before under different nation names (which I've now forgotten) so this isn't my first rodeo, I've just recently been inspired to write again ;)

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:39 am

Burgerlandia wrote:

Endem wrote:Yeah I have past experience, I'll try to correct any mistakes but the app is short because you didn't specify how much paragraphs you want so I automatically assumed one ( I purposefully left the personality section small because I suck at writing personalities )

Nice. If that is allowed I would like to reserve a heavy weapon spot.
Last edited by Andsed on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:48 am

Oh, also: OP, your character's name is given as Lucas Danniston, but he's referred to as Grant throughout your app. Something I'm missing?
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:48 am

Burgerlandia wrote:Accepted but remove the unique armaments. I'll TG everyone and update the post once I've written in all the options, the Detachments are somewhat standardized in what munitions they carry so nothing too special unfortunately.

Removed. Can't wait to see what melee options are available, ;)
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 am

I updated my app

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:47 am

Reverend Norv wrote:Oh, also: OP, your character's name is given as Lucas Danniston, but he's referred to as Grant throughout your app. Something I'm missing?

I think I had two ideas for a name tbh, so I just ended up being inconsistent, I'll edit it :p

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:05 am

Tag. I'd like to reserve the Engineering Team Head. App coming shortly.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:18 am

Still a work in progress

Character Name: Ryan Shaw
Nationality: Scottish-American
Team: Strike
Squad: Alpha
Role and Rank: Heavy Weapons, Corporal
Unique Armaments: N/A

Appearance: He is a white male standing at 5,8 and weighs 170 lbs with an athletic muscular build. He has green eyes with dark black hair with a full beard. He posses a 4 inch scar on his forehead and 3 inch scar next to his right eye.
Personality: (Your personality should not have traits that would make you incompatible for long term service with the same people under stressful situations)
Biography: (Your life story prior to induction)
Reason for Induction: extensive military service (a former tour on another planet as an detachment executive) and shielding a comrade from a grenade which was thrown poorly by another soldier

Personal Effects (optional): (Members of the Detachment are allowed a few small keepsakes, items or trinkets to make the long stay more bearable. Examples could be games, a religious symbol, family photos, etc)
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Endem wrote:I updated my app

Okay I'll accept you, but please regularly spell/grammar check. It takes a lot of immersion of posts if they contain these issues.

Also if your app was a WIP please repost it completed once you're done, or TG that you edited it.
Last edited by Burgerlandia on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Endem wrote:I updated my app

Okay I'll accept you, but please regularly spell/grammar check. It takes a lot of immersion of posts if they contain these issues.

Also if your app was a WIP please repost it completed once you're done, or TG that you edited it.

I'm doing my best ( and my auto mistake checker )

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Also, I'm pretty sure you left a note relating to your own character in the app for everyone else. Under "Reason for Induction," the app says: "extensive military service (a former tour on another planet as an detachment executive) and shielding a comrade from a grenade which was thrown poorly by another soldier." I suspect that's meant to refer only to Lucas, not to be a template for everybody.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure you left a note relating to your own character in the app for everyone else. Under "Reason for Induction," the app says: "extensive military service (a former tour on another planet as an detachment executive) and shielding a comrade from a grenade which was thrown poorly by another soldier." I suspect that's meant to refer only to Lucas, not to be a template for everybody.

Corrected it, thank you.

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure you left a note relating to your own character in the app for everyone else. Under "Reason for Induction," the app says: "extensive military service (a former tour on another planet as an detachment executive) and shielding a comrade from a grenade which was thrown poorly by another soldier." I suspect that's meant to refer only to Lucas, not to be a template for everybody.

Corrected it, thank you.

No worries! Almost done my app.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Reverend Norv
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:52 pm

Character Name: Lt. Theodore "Ted" Bradlee
Nationality: USA
Team: Strike
Role and Rank: Strike Team Head - First Lieutenant
Unique Armaments: TBD

Appearance: Ted is a blandly handsome young man of New England patrician stock. He is slightly taller than average, with a classic swimmer's build: long arms, broad shoulders and upper back, trim waist. His straw-blond hair is worn in an officer's cut - a very short side-part - instead of a conventional military buzz. Ted's eyes are sea-green, large and thoughtful, and he carries himself with the calm confidence that comes of both privilege and experience. While the visor of his helmet corrects his vision in combat, he prefers to wear old-fashioned steel-rimmed glasses when he is not using his battle gear. Ted takes pride in his appearance, and when he is not directly in the line of fire, he is always well-groomed: hair neatly parted, fatigues creased, trousers bloused, boots shined. His service ribbons show that he has earned the Solar Star Medal with Combat "V", two Archonate Commendation Medals, the Combat Action Ribbon, the Mars Insurrection Service Medal, the Special Forces Badge, and the Orbital Assault Badge.

Personality: Ted Bradlee is the scion of a family of New England aristocrats whose lineage dates back almost to the Mayflower. He was raised in immense privilege, but also with the deep awareness that great things would be expected of him: that the price of his family's wealth and power was that their lives would be spent in the service of God, country, and humanity. Endowed with high intelligence and the best possible education, Ted possesses absolute and instinctive confidence in his own judgment, and is calm and decisive under pressure. He is not ashamed of his privilege, and troopers new to his command can find his love of opera and encyclopedic knowledge of literature obnoxious. Moreover, as a former special forces officer, Ted's inclination to think outside the box and consider non-military solutions can frustrate his superiors: he is open-minded, culturally sensitive, a fine judge of character, and impatient with orthodoxies. But Ted is also fearless under fire and drily funny, and while he doesn't hide his erudition, it genuinely is not tainted by arrogance. Ultimately, he inspires great loyalty through his unflinching adherence to a single rule: he leads from the front, and he never asks his men to do anything he wouldn't do himself.

Biography:
Ted Bradlee was born into a family of Boston Brahmins that had produced several members of Congress, a dozen corporate executives, and three Pulitzer Prize-winning newspaper editors. In the era of the Archon Six, the Bradlees had remade themselves as members of a global political, corporate, academic, and media elite. But they never lost the old WASP belief that their privilege, however just and proper, imposed upon them a responsibility to render service to country, God, and mankind.

Educated at Phillips Exeter and Harvard, among other scions of the North American super-elite, Ted's relationship with his family was cool: after so much time at boarding schools, he rarely felt comfortable in his own home, and he spent his vacations on the Bradlees' sailing yacht instead. He did well in his coursework, usually in the top ten percent of his class, and he especially excelled in the study of literature, history, and politics. Ted also swam competitively from an early age, and eventually captained the Harvard varsity swim team: he came close to setting a record in the 400-meter medley. But most of all, Ted deeply internalized the values of his upbringing: erudition, competence, and a sense of responsibility so profound and dutiful as to embody the very core of his character. Ted Bradlee grew up knowing that one day, he would help to run the human race. The challenge was not to gain that power, but to deserve it.

And so, as Ted moved steadily through his education, he prepared himself for the traditional tour in uniform that many of his classmates also undertook: a rite of passage that would expose a child of privilege to the rest of human society; a test of character that would replace luxury with discipline and hardship; a proof of loyalty that meant a future leader could be trusted with the lives of others. Ted completed Officer Candidate School just as unrest on Mars was approaching a fever pitch. He would serve three tours on the Red Planet.

His first tour was as a green Marine lieutenant, leading an infantry platoon on pacification patrols of rebel habitats. He was decorated for leading his platoon through an insurgent ambush, which cost four lives, but during which Ted managed to get his Marines fortified in a post office for five hours until relief arrived. After that, many of his family and friends urged Ted to consider his duty done, and to leave the service for law school or a business career. Instead, Ted volunteered for orbital assault training: on Mars, the conflict was still raging, and he felt that he had a duty to see it through. Ted passed the grueling training, and served his next tour as a platoon commander in the elite drop troops, hammering rebel command centers with supposedly surgical kill missions. Once again, he was decorated, and fast-tracked for promotion: it now became clear that Ted's family connections and wealth would smooth his path to the highest ranks of Earth's military, instead of to the top of Earth's political or corporate establishments.

But Ted was an unhappy drop trooper: the collateral damage of these shock-and-awe operations, and the resulting hardening of civilian anger against the Archon Six, convinced the young man that a fundamentally different approach to the war was needed. Yet again, citing his sense of duty, he sidestepped promotion and instead volunteered for special forces training. Eight months later, he was back on Mars, this time as the executive officer of a small team working to support local government, train security forces, and reduce instability from the bottom up. While the tour produced no headline-grabbing firefights, one year later, support for the insurgents had crumbled in that particular habitat, and violence was down eighty-five percent.

With the Mars conflict beginning to wind down, Ted confronted a choice: demobilize, or decide once and for all to make the military his career. He chose the latter, and was selected for service with the Extrasolar Detachments. It was an odd path: Ted didn't need the money, and most Detachment personnel were looking to get out of the military with a tidy bundle for retirement - not to advance. But Ted wanted the challenge, and he judged that an officer who proved himself under such intense pressure as the Detachments - and who then chose not to retire - would be seen as obvious command material for the rest of his career. And so now this young, highly-decorated officer finds himself aboard the Athena, bound for Veios and the mysteries that await.

Reason for Induction: Ted was inducted into ESD-Echo based on his outstanding - if somewhat unorthodox - military record, which suggests a highly capable officer capable of thinking outside the box. It didn't hurt that he volunteered, and that he has very powerful family connections with the top military brass on Earth.

Personal Effects (optional): Antique, leather-bound copies of the King James Bible, the Iliad, and Seven Pillars of Wisdom. And a personal music player (sort of a futuristic iPod), loaded with thirty hours of opera.
Last edited by Reverend Norv on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:26 pm

Accepted Reverend, high quality app.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Character Name: Emma MeKul, M.D.
Sex: Female
Nationality: Anglo-French (Descended from some of the earliest permanent inhabitants of Eris, with primarily Northern-Irish(British), French, and German heritage, with dual citizenship to the UK and France)
Team: Science
Role and Rank: Xenobiologist(Also a General Practitioner in First Year of Residence, but her primary role is to be a xenobiologist): Corporal
Unique Armaments: TDB

Appearance: Many native Eridians have been genetically modified so that their hair is bioluminescent, including Emma
Personality: Emma occupies an odd position in the personality spectrum. Although generally fairly empathetic and polite, her tact can on occasion be faulty, and she has low tolerance for arrogant stupidity. Her demeanour and affinity for dark humour may strike some as indifferent or negative, although for her, it simply serves as a means to make ease her nerves in difficult situations. She’s generally quite detail-oriented, and will always have no shortage of preliminary questions before beginning a given task. Although an introvert by nature, she’s generally socially competent, although she strongly dislikes loud groups of densely packed people, and thus thrives most in smaller gatherings.
Biography: The MeKul family comes from a fairly long line of Eridians, MeKuls(The spelling was, in those days, McCool), in fact, were among the first permanent inhabitants of the dwarf planet, and the MeKuls have long since adapted to live on the icy dwarf planet thanks to the virtues of technology. Eris is, truly, a small world, with a relatively small selection of surnames dating back to the initial colonisation of the world. Eris, being Pluto’s seldom visited cousin, does not see a great deal of traffic, although it was once referred to as Launchpad to the Galaxy in the early days of human colonisation, back when FTL was still primitive. The Eridians have, for quite a while now, developed their own language thanks to their current obsolescence-caused isolation. Another more relevant relic of the early days of colonisation is the MeKul-Bordjes Mining Company, once dominated Oort Cloud mining enterprises after the merger between the MeKul Mining Company, which had prospects in the Oort Cloud, and the Bordjes Mining Company, a Plutonian company with profitable shares in the Kuiper Belt mining industry. With the combination of funds, the MeKul-Bordjes Mining Company generated enough profit to make the primary stockholders fairly wealthy, if not fabulously so.
It was this wealth, in fact, that gave Emma a leg up early in life. From her hometown, Elada’s Nook, Emma was sent to Titan, which held a fine educational institution on the shores of Ligeia Mare known as Huygens Preparatory School. With a strong resumé, a good name on her diploma, and some college credits in advance, Emma was able to get a B.A. in Biology and a B.A. in Medicine from Aberdeen University—marking her first, and only time on Earth. After her B.A., Emma set her sights on an ambitious plan to get both an M.D. for her prospects as a xenobiologist, and certification as a General Practioner. The former took priority, although Emma did pursue medical school on a slower track alongside it. Thanks to her family background, Emma was able to avoid working, and instead focus entirely on her studies, enabling her to finish her M.D. and G.P. schooling shortly before the mission aboard the Athena was announced. In search for a new job that could perhaps double as residence with a hefty salary to enable her reimburse her family for her educational expenses, Emma applied for a position as a Xenobiologist aboard the Athena, continuing the MeKul family tradition of pioneering.
Reason for Induction: Emma was selected for service on ESD-Echo based on her outstanding qualifications, and unique background, which suggest an individual capable of useful and unorthodox perspectives, as well as a capable learner. Further, the fact that she is trained as a Xenobiologist and in the process of becoming a General Practioner make her an excellent emergency doctor should the primary medical team need additional assistance.
Personal Effects: Emma possesses a state-of-the-art laptop containing both video games and useful programs for her studies, as well as assorted reading material, music, photos, and a Móitxán(Eridian)-English grammar and dictionary to keep her local tongue sharp. Her other main personal items are a plush toy from her youth, and four paper diaries with collectively enough pages to last her the duration of the trip.

I would’ve gone into more detail in my app, but I didn’t wanna make too many lore assumptions. Hopefully this will suffice!

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:06 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Character Name: Emma MeKul, M.D.
Nationality: Anglo-French (Descended from some of the earliest permanent inhabitants of Eris, with primarily Northern-Irish(British), French, and German heritage, with dual citizenship to the UK and France)
Role and Rank: Xenobiologist(Also a General Practitioner in First Year of Residence, but her primary role is to be a xenobiologist): Corporal

Appearance: Many native Eridians have been genetically modified so that their hair is bioluminescent, including Emma
Personality: Emma occupies an odd position in the personality spectrum. Although generally fairly empathetic and polite, her tact can on occasion be faulty, and she has low tolerance for arrogant stupidity. Her demeanour and affinity for dark humour may strike some as indifferent or negative, although for her, it simply serves as a means to make ease her nerves in difficult situations. She’s generally quite detail-oriented, and will always have no shortage of preliminary questions before beginning a given task. Although an introvert by nature, she’s generally socially competent, although she strongly dislikes loud groups of densely packed people, and thus thrives most in smaller gatherings.
Biography: The MeKul family comes from a fairly long line of Eridians, MeKuls(The spelling was, in those days, McCool), in fact, were among the first permanent inhabitants of the dwarf planet, and the MeKuls have long since adapted to live on the icy dwarf planet thanks to the virtues of technology. Eris is, truly, a small world, with a relatively small selection of surnames dating back to the initial colonisation of the world. Eris, being Pluto’s seldom visited cousin, does not see a great deal of traffic, although it was once referred to as Launchpad to the Galaxy in the early days of human colonisation, back when FTL was still primitive. The Eridians have, for quite a while now, developed their own language thanks to their current obsolescence-caused isolation. Another more relevant relic of the early days of colonisation is the MeKul-Bordjes Mining Company, once dominated Oort Cloud mining enterprises after the merger between the MeKul Mining Company, which had prospects in the Oort Cloud, and the Bordjes Mining Company, a Plutonian company with profitable shares in the Kuiper Belt mining industry. With the combination of funds, the MeKul-Bordjes Mining Company generated enough profit to make the primary stockholders fairly wealthy, if not fabulously so.
It was this wealth, in fact, that gave Emma a leg up early in life. From her hometown, Elada’s Nook, Emma was sent to Titan, which held a fine educational institution on the shores of Ligeia Mare known as Huygens Preparatory School. With a strong resumé, a good name on her diploma, and some college credits in advance, Emma was able to get a B.A. in Biology and a B.A. in Medicine from Aberdeen University—marking her first, and only time on Earth. After her B.A., Emma set her sights on an ambitious plan to get both an M.D. for her prospects as a xenobiologist, and certification as a General Practioner. The former took priority, although Emma did pursue medical school on a slower track alongside it. Thanks to her family background, Emma was able to avoid working, and instead focus entirely on her studies, enabling her to finish her M.D. and G.P. schooling shortly before the mission aboard the Athena was announced. In search for a new job that could perhaps double as residence with a hefty salary to enable her reimburse her family for her educational expenses, Emma applied for a position as a Xenobiologist aboard the Athena, continuing the MeKul family tradition of pioneering.
Reason for Induction: Emma was selected for service on ESD-Echo based on her outstanding qualifications, and unique background, which suggest an individual capable of useful and unorthodox perspectives, as well as a capable learner. Further, the fact that she is trained as a Xenobiologist and in the process of becoming a General Practioner make her an excellent emergency doctor should the primary medical team need additional assistance.
Personal Effects: Emma possesses a state-of-the-art laptop containing both video games and useful programs for her studies, as well as assorted reading material, music, photos, and a Móitxán(Eridian)-English grammar and dictionary to keep her local tongue sharp. Her other main personal items are a plush toy from her youth, and four paper diaries with collectively enough pages to last her the duration of the trip.

I would’ve gone into more detail in my app, but I didn’t wanna make too many lore assumptions. Hopefully this will suffice!

Accepted! I'll definitely add more lore later. Interesting character appearance btw ;)

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:09 pm

Burgerlandia wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Character Name: Emma MeKul, M.D.

Accepted! I'll definitely add more lore later. Interesting character appearance btw ;)

Thank you kindly. Was scrolling through tumblr, it showed up on my feed, and I figured “Well this could be an interesting character image” and then decided glowing hair would be a neat little feature for the denizens of distant icy worlds. Also snuck in a conlang I’ve been working on because I thought it’d add a little flavour in :p

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:17 pm

I saw special equipment has been added to OP can I add those to my app? ( normally you would already see an updated version but I wanted to coordinate it )

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:22 pm

Two questions, on the topic of equipment. Would handheld tractor beams be within the realm of possibility, and what do crew uniforms look like?

Burgerlandia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Burgerlandia » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:38 pm

Endem wrote:I saw special equipment has been added to OP can I add those to my app? ( normally you would already see an updated version but I wanted to coordinate it )

I'm out right now but I plan on finishing the Support and Strike team equipment tonight and Science / Engineering tomorrow. I'm planning on adding one more drone and giving you an option to pick between two of them (the VTOL drone is mandatory)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse