NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Steam and Steel IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Age of Steam and Steel OPs
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Age of Steam and Steel IC

Postby Age of Steam and Steel OPs » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:48 pm

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

1860 — ALTERNATE HISTORY RP

OOC — IC —MapTheme
Number Map · Roster · Discord

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ANNOUNCEMENT BOARD
Hello and welcome : ). If you have any questions, feel free to contact myself or a Co-Op. If you require OPs' attention, attach the number '3742' to your post.

OP Board
OP: The Industrial States of Columbia- Warden of the West
Co-OPs: Alleniana- Warden of the East | Tracian Empire - Warden of the Riverlands | Greater Redosia -Warden of the Reach | Military Lands of the Scottish People -Warden of the North

The year is 1860, and a decade of uneasy peace in Europe is slated to come to an end. The Commonwealth, once the keystone of the Holy Alliance and the guardian of despots in Europe, is on the verge of civil war. Without its support, Hungary teeters on the edge of collapse, as myriad ethnic and political groups prepare to carve up the sick man of Europe. The Austrians are poised also to take advantage of this, hoping to unite with their brothers in the German Confederation while the Eastern Leviathan consumes itself. Britain and France warily watch each other and the situation to the East, each playing their own careful game of power and position.

The Far East has mostly recovered from the wars of a decade prior, but old wounds still linger. Shu has rebuilt from its crushing defeat against Qian, and now seeks to set the board further in its favor, with Hubei firmly allied with it following the partition of the Zhous. Wu and Qian work to reconstruct their annexed lands, all while seeking new paths of expansion outside of China, with Qian easily seizing Central Asia from Persia and Wu establishing its first colonies in Western Africa. Joseon meanwhile has quietly placed itself in the favor of the Emperor of Japan, and with each new favor it performs it has attached a new puppet string to the Imperial Court. The Shogun has gathered what forces he can to himself to resist this new threat, but many believe his defiance has come too late.

The New World is a land of riches and opportunity, with the wars in the old world sending waves of refugees into the welcoming arms of the rising powers. Fusang stands above all others, its industry and wealth rivaling many nations of the old world, let alone the small, young states in the new. In South America, the Republic of Brazil is in a standoff against the Kingdom of Argentine, seeking to prevent the former French colony from seizing its neighbours and unifying the region under a solitary power. However, troubles at home over slavery and corruption in the government have seen Brazil increasingly isolated from affairs beyond its borders, and it may soon be unable to prevent the Argentinians from consolidating their position.

The world stands on the edge of glory and chaos. Will you lead an industrial nation to prestige and greatness? Will you free an oppressed people from the chains of a decadent old empire? Or will you seek to crush all others in a quest for absolute dominion? The choice, great leader, is yours.

Age of Steam and Steel is loose sequal to a prior RP, Tales of Two Horizons. It is based on the premise of an East that is a reflection of the West, with great powers of industry jockeying for position with their neighbours and their counterparts on each other side of Eurasia. As such, a brief glance at the prior rp might aid with some history, though don't completely rely on it. Clarification questions can be directed to myself or a Co-Op.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

1. General.
    1. There are a fair few rules and guidelines for the RP, listed here. These following six are basic and should be easily understood and followed, and after that will follow more specific info that is more liable to change.
    2. Obey NationStates forum rules
    3. Obey the OP and those appointed as per their role
    4. Make sure you are not metagaming, godmodding, numberspamming, or generally RPing in bad form
    5. Have a couple of paragraphs a post and good grammar & spelling
    6. Exercise common sense generously
    7. Be active every couple of days at least
  2. Casus Bellis
    1. Declaring war for no reason (with no casus belli) may result in negative effects or random events.
    2. For a list of possible casus bellis, see this link.
    3. Cite applicable Casus Bellis when declaring war, or the lack thereof.
    4. Even war WITH a Casus Belli may result in negative random events.
  3. When dealing with an NPC:
    1. Be realistic and reasonable. If you feel that interactions are more chance base, use of a random number generator may be advised.
    2. Applies to both battles in warfare and to diplomatic actions.
    3. More important actions with NPCs may require OP approval.
  4. When dealing with other players:
    1. Talk with the player you are dealing with and mutually determine the outcome of an action.
    2. If no agreement can be reached, the OP Board will intervene.
Last edited by Age of Steam and Steel OPs on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:45 am

Legacy of the Second Stettin Revolution

January 1860

Three months have passed since the declaration of the foundation of the Republic of Pomerania on the ashes of the absolutist duchy which preceded it. Duke Francis VII and the royal family of House Greifen have long since abandoned the country, having shamelessly fled to Hansa-owned Rugen and, through there, to the south of the German Confederation, the last vestiges of monarchism have been abandoned for good and the emergency government of Reichskanzler Albrecht Rothmann reigns over the country in its place. For the first time since the Second Stettin Revolution began, the streets of Pomerania's capital city have become calm and quiet once again. The Republic is still far from stable - the Pomeranian countryside, inhabited by the conservative peasantry and harboring many reactionary officers who broke with the new Republican regime and continue to profess loyalty to the monarch, still needs to be stabilized - but at least there is no immediate threat of the Revolution being smothered in its crib from inside forces. Outside forces?.. That is a question which has yet to be answered.

The Republic, however, could not remain an interim emergency regime for long. The constitutional structure of the new state needs to be defined and growing differences between the moderate liberal and radical Positivist wings of the revolutionary government need to be addressed and a compromise fitting for all to be found, Wielding his powers as the Reichskanzler, Albrecht Rothmann called for the first free, universal and democratic elections to the Parliament of the Republic of Pomerania, the so-called "Stettin Parliament" or "Stettin Reichstag" late in the previous year, a promise which has been kept and the elections taking place in January of 1860.

The first elections to the Stettin Parliament immediately unveiled several difficulties with organizing such a massive event in a state of disorder, which would leave any normal election observer weeping - regardless, however, it was still an enormous step-up from no elections at all, or elections limited only to the wealthy or the noble. Lacking the time or manpower to draw up new electoral parishes, and the idea of proportional elections blocked by the Reichskanzler himself, who wished to see a Parliament free of "ideologies" and "partisan conflict" which such a system would lead towards, each pre-revolution administrative district in Pomerania was designated a seat in the Parliament and candidates living in their district announced running for that seat during the previous month. However, problems arose with the logistics of organizing so many constituency elections at once and tallying the results - lacking the manpower or the reach across the nation to put up voting booths in every since town and village, the Republican authorities generally just stationed boths in the largest cities of each district and let the voting commence. This meant that many of even the most conservative districts ended up electing liberal or even Positivist representatives, as the most conservative strata of the population - the peasantry - would simply not bother to leave their farms for the town to cast their vote, while many others simply boycotted the election entirely. Aside for that, however, enthusiasm for the elections was high, many of the districts struggling to even count all the cast votes in a timely manner.

Regardless of the irregularities and difficulties, the first 160 representatives of the Stettin Parliament were swiftly elected and gathered in the halls of the former Ducal Landtag, which had since been turned into a museum after the legislature's abolition in the aftermath of the Spring of Nations, and swore their oaths to the Republic and the undying Revolution which birthed it. Several items were immediately put on the agenda.

First, the Stettin Parliament nigh-unanimously approved the continuation of the government of Reichskanzler Rothmann and granted it its continued faith, to which the revolutionary philosopher responded to with a roaring speech in the chambers of the Parliament, calling the election of 1860 an "undisputed victory for the forces of liberalism, republicanism, nationalism and Positivism all standing together in the mutual struggle against the forces of reaction". The two powers of the government immediately entered the first talks on the Constitution of the Republic of Pomerania.

Second, Pomerania's stance towards the greater world had to be addressed.

TO: The Peoples of the German Confederation, East and West Europe, and the Greater World.

Distributed through pamphlets and articles.

Brothers, sisters, comrades! A new page in world history is being turned.

The peoples of Pomerania have shown their resolve. They have seen terror, oppression and injustice and they have resolved that they have seen enough. The fire of revolution now burns in Stettin, rising from its people's hearts and manifesting itself in liberty, freedom, fraternity and equality.

To the peoples of the greater world who struggle with terror and oppression, who fear for their lives every single day, who wish to forge their own futures instead of slaving to make the futures of other, our message is - do not be afraid! For there is no challenge or regime which cannot be toppled with enough people rallying behind the flag!

Rise, our comrades, and break your chains! Pomerania shall lead the way to liberty and revolution!

And remember the three tenets as you march forth to bring upon a better world:
  • Altruismus - see each other as brothers, not as tools to exploit!
  • Ordnung - rise upon the oppression and establish a new, better order!
  • Forschritt - abandon the false idols created to fool your eyes and work for your society, not your backwards kings!

-Albrecht Rothmann, Reichskanzler of the Republic of Pomerania
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:32 pm

January 15th, 1860
Hanseong, Joseon

"So far, we haven't experienced any sort of hostilities in regards to Qian and Wu," Defense Minister Nam Yi-cheon announced as the Chancellor's cabinet sat in the official room. "This is good news for us but as maintained by previous governments, we should still keep our northwestern borders secured and relations close with our allies in Min and Yue in containing Wu and Qian's influences."

"As of now, the Qians aren't exactly too much of a worry for us," Foreign Affairs Minister Baek Young-Il said. "That is certainly good news since a portion of the Imperial Army is stationed in Japan right now."

"Speaking of, the Grand Assembly and the General Court approved of sending troops for police action in Japan," Justice Minister Cho Chong-ho said. "And we've been making good progress where peace is appearing to enter our archipelagic neighbor. Compared to what happened 10 years ago, we're not having refugees from Japan fleeing to Busan and pirate activities, while still existent, aren't a major issue."

"However," Chong-ho continued, "The Imperial Court didn't restore order to much of southern Honshu under the name of the incumbent Shogun and I doubt the Emperor is going to relinquish his gains to Tokugawa Iesada, a weak man who's only propped up by figures behind the scene. Let's also not forget about seperatist factions like Kwauto and Hokkaido."

"Right now, we're hoping that diplomatic talks between representatives from the Imperial Court and the Shogunate can end up in some kind of an agreement, perhaps creating a government similar to ours," Chancellor Wang Jun-min explained. "If no agreement is reached, then we'll have to prepare for hostilities to resume."

"We have Joseon merchants in Japan as part of our efforts to develop areas such as Toyama and Yamaguchi," the Foreign Minister added. "We'll have to commit troops in those to protect our business interest there. We can only hope that the representatives can reach an agreement."

After some silence, the Chancellor looked at the Rites Minister Yu Sung-hoon. "How goes the preparation for the New Year celebration?"
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lan Khao Xang Hom Krung Tai » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Grand Republic of Fusang | Vusaon Koh | 扶桑國

"Father and mother,

The east is a very different place compared to the coastal area. Coming out this far to work on the rails has been very strenuous, but it brings me some joy to know that this will allow you to come east with leisure. I know that the New Year is coming, but with the work put into this project, I regret that I am unable to join you at home for celebrations.

With our proximity to the European descended states, I have seen some of their trinkets pass through our work area. I think you'd like these, and will be sending some gifts for the New Year.

Zhao Xinyue, 23 year old laborer in the east

冰月 己未| Pinyuih Cimi | 12th Month, Year of the Earth Goat

Cincin, Vusaon

"As it is almost time for the New Year, I believe it is time for us to send our regards back to the mainland." The chancellor had said to himself as he looked and read over papers due for his seal, most about the celebrations for the coming turn of year. Public buildings were being cleaned and prepared by civil workers and volunteers alike, all in the name of the upcoming holiday. Foodstuffs were also being prepared for the eve of the New Year, including sets of glutinous cakes with a set of couplets for them to be sent back to the old world.

Farther east, there were bigger plans. Since the acquisition of the territory, connecting the capital to the great river was a priority. A priority to planned be completed by the middle of the decade. Frankly, most of the east needed more infrastructure and people to move out there, and what better way than a promise of pay and land from the mountains to the river. In the case of native raiders or possible trouble, descendants of Jurchens and Mongols were given jobs to serve as police and messengers to and from military stations, given their traditional horsemanship.

Most of the new territory had been relatively unsettled, minus the traditional natives along the territories, so if it came to any active fighting between the natives and settlers, the mounted Jurchens would be the first to act in any regard.
Just call me Tuwa

Military Lands of the Scottish People
Senator

Founded: Jul 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Lands of the Scottish People » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:38 pm

THE GREAT COMMONWEALTH OF FOUR NATIONS

Kiev, Kievan Rus

"That son of a bitch" among other vulgar phrases was repeated throughout the National Assembly building. The Emperor had decided not to support Muscovy's King who was, currently, facing a massive Serf revolt within the Duchies Perm and Novgorod. Around 30,000 people have believed to take arms against the Muscovite authorities. Even a regiment of troops has joined them! Two Armories had been seized, though it has only supplied a few. Most are armed with farming tools, or older flintlock hunting rifles. After a month of prolongment, the Grand Hetman decided that, to preserve its own social order, that support will not be given to Muscovy. This has caused an uproar all over the noble class of the Commonwealth, demanding containment. A formal meeting has been called, requiring urgency.

The Speaker of the National Assembly, Borja Vladismov, walked onto the podium, coughing and preparing a paper.

"Good evening gentlemen. There are supranational budget, trade, and diplomacy discussions pending to be debated today, but it is obvious that this meeting is not as limited to such small talks. There is a looming concern over all of our nations. The uprising within Perm and Novgorod. We have seen this type of revolt before. Sixty years ago, the French faced a revolt similar to this. We seen the destruction and death that followed. We waited until they had killed their leaders and attacked its neighbors. We fought in countries that formerly opposed us. Our fathers and uncles died in countries they had no idea they would end in. We faced our own internal war during this. Millions died. We must remember this. We must not forget. My homeland is under threat. A threat that can spread to you all. We cannot contain this threat, we already are trying to deal from this movement spreading to the South, and are unable to properly fight the militias North. Now that the topic has been laid out... We will pursue discussion."

Immediately the Assembly burst into rage, and after ten minutes of just pure noise, the Speaker calmed down the Assembly.

"ALRIGHT! For the love of GOD we must maintain civil discussion otherwise this will just destroy this meeting... Prince Casmir Poniatowski, you are first to speak."

Some mumbling occurred prior, as the Prince stood up.

"Thank you Speaker. I am General Casmir Poniatowski, as you all know. I know I am not a formal member of this assembly however my Uncle has assigned me as his personal representative. My point will be made simple, clear, and hopefully will have the most effect. The Polish Government has the upmost dedication in stopping this... This Jacobin threat is one that cannot be ignored. We also have the upmost pity for the Emperor, the Hetman. We no longer will standby to the atrocities committed by our 'Emperor', and as such, I, as commander of the First Imperial Infantry Brigade, will be withdrawing the unit to fight in Muscovy. As well, the Polish units of the Imperial Guards Cavalry, specifically the 4th and 5th Cavalry Regiments, will follow suit. Muscovite forces follow in suit, under my command as well, including the Artillery Batteries under our control. We reject the Emperors command, at least for now. We request all those who support us to follow suit, and to take a stand to inaction and injustice. Incapability must be rejected. Good day gentlemen."

The Prince would then put back on his Czapka, walking out as well as several Grenadiers. The Assembly would erupt in debate, and several even ordering the arrest of the Prince. It would not be the end. As he boarded his chariot with the Grenadiers. However several Police Officers would attempt to halt the chariot. The Prince, drawing his M1854 Revolver on the group, would demand they surrender their arms after they continued to harass him. One reached for his pistol, but the Prince would shoot him in the shoulder, as his guards got out and rushed to disarm them. They succeeded, however more Officers from within the building began to pour out. They fired several shots, one Grenadier being shot in the forearm as they got back in the chariot and left. Making it to the Guard Compound, he grouped up the Commanding Officers of the Muscovites and Poles, while the Lithuanians and Ukrainian commanders were expelled from the room they were meeting in. Afterwards, they would rally out, and mobilize their units. Within six hours, the first companies started leaving. However the Lithuanians and Ukrainians were ordered to halt and arrest the Polish and Russian military units. Combat initiated, with two Lithuanian Companies and a Ukrainian one retreating to a Military academy. The Artillery were given orders to unleash hell upon the building, as to prevent them from following. For ten minutes the cannons fired. The whole academy was eventually set alight, as the Lithuanians and Ukrainians either burnt alive or were killed as they tried fleeing to other buildings.

It was a massacre, with very few surviving. With this, the remaining forces left Kiev and went North. Skirmishes continued as they went North, however the Polish Army was deployed to the Ukrainian Border, threatening to invade if they did not let the Muscovite and Polish Brigade from leaving. On their way, several Cossack units, Ukrainian Nobles, and some Russian Militia joined this little Army, with their numbers bolstering from 20,000 to 35,000 by the time they reached deep into the Muscovite Nation. The Prince had actually been shot in his thigh, almost taking his leg and possibly even his life, however during the trip he would slowly recover. As the weeks passed, the National Assembly was disbanded for "the time being until the criminals in Muscovy is dealt with", which further caused anger and distrust of the Government. The Emperor was rather scared, as the poorly paid Ukrainian Military saw how ineffective Command was at stopping the Princes force. Faced with a unloyal Imperial Guard, a hungry Military, and powerful National Assembly, he was taking the best options possible to try to preserve the peace.

He now resided in his Palace, simply reading the reports when possible, and studying, secluding himself from the world. The Prime Minister, Dmitri Lavacen, would take control of the Government and Military. A crude, almost Mystic old man, the 80 year old would manipulate the Parliament of Kiev, taking action against "Conspirators". Almost a Dictator, the Emperor simply allowed it to happen. The Prime Minister would eventually fabricate reports to the Emperor, who would soon realize this and simply revert to reading books, and secluding himself further.

He sent several divisions into Donbass. He believed, if needed, he could force Russia to submit to the Assembly, if it was required. However these Divisions, consisting of Cossacks, would be rather dissatisfied with current pay and situation, being the weakest army in the Commonwealth and definitely unrightfully so. Tensions were boiling, but the Prime Minister was doing everything in his power to stop the internal strife from boiling over.

After a Month, the Prince would be still unable to walk, though recovering slowly. They had engaged the first Serf militia, utterly defeating them with minimal casualties. Houses were raided as they reached Perm, utter brutality shown to those who resisted.

Thousands were killed, injured, and arrested, most sentenced to force labor in Siberia nearly immediately. In the Battle of Novohitsk (a field owned by a Farmer, who was part of the rebellion), the first, and final, major engagement began.

The Prince, leading his forces in person, albeit slightly disabled, would initiate a bombard of the left and right flanks, leaving their center sturdy. He expected either to have enough time to launch an assault on their weakened flanks, and then surrounding the center and securing a decisive victory, or for the center to reinforce the flanks. After an hour, ammunition was running dangerously low for the Batteries, but their flanks were utterly ravaged. The Cossack Commander of the Serf's would reinforce these flanks, and have Cavalry reinforce the Center, a questionable move. The Prince took action, having his Grenadiers and Cavalry launch an assault on these flanks, which were still trying to organize. What occurred next was a bloody assault. The remaining Artillery ammunition was used against the center, which then Jagers prodded, and the final assault began. By now, the Flanks were beginning to route. The Centers Cavalry was used to react to this, however by this time the frontal assault had began. Closing the gap, the Princes Center and part of his reserve was sent to meet the Cossacks. Firing two volleys, and effectively rattling the peasants morale and fortitude, melee combat was initiated. Despite being outnumbered, by around another ten thousand, the Peasants routed, many captured and sent to Moscow to be executed or publicly humiliated (before being sent to do forced labor in Siberia). In a 20,000 v 30,000 Battle, the Prince lost 4,000 Men to death and injuries, while inflicting 12,000 battle casualties as well as capturing an additional 14,000 by the end of the week. Villages were burnt down where the remaining forces had been, and despite the Serfs having the peoples emotional support, they lacked the Material Support. Eventually, the Cossacks (whose name, Petro Goncharenko) was circulated around. Labeled a traitor, his name was defamed (despite, before the revolution, his reputation as a good Samaritan who had helped thousands of Serfs and Land Lords). Despite having 4,000 left after the Battle of Novohitsk, he was cut down to 600 due to desertion and skirmishes.

He appealed for capture, surrendering himself in exchange for the lives of his soldiers (which were sentenced privately to Forced Labor in Siberia). Arrested, tortured, and publicly executed, he was seen in two lights; first as a sign of what action, strength in force, and determination can do. And the second as a Martyr of the people. Talks of him was banned in public institutions, however, further cementing the latter in radical students of universities and intellectuals.

The Prince, experienced, would now be tasked with something seemingly impossible: Returning to Warsaw.
Last edited by Military Lands of the Scottish People on Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you need to contact me, the best way is through either joining the Cobalt Network Discord or adding me on it. My username is Hollywood #6420. I get on NS once or twice a week on average.

I have been on here for a while and I have came and went but this Region, Cobalt Network, its full of great people. I recommend you try to join it.
Proud Cobaltian Citizen, November 13, 2017 - Present

Minister of Internal Affairs, March 23rd, 2018 - October 13th, 2018 (two terms)
Vice President, January 16th, 2019 - May 8th, 2019 (One Term)
Recipient of the Cobalt Iron Cross during 2018s N Day.
I do not put a lot of effort here, in regards to my signature, I hope that does not make you think any less of me <3

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:32 am

Austrian Empire
Kaisertum Österreich

Habsburg Monarchy
Habsburgermonarchie

Alles Erdreich ist Österreich untertan!

Gottes Sonne strahl' in Frieden, Auf ein glücklich Österreich!

Austrian Empire
Kaisertum Österreich

Habsburg Monarchy
Habsburgermonarchie

Austria est imperio optime unita!

To the governments of the member states of the German Confederation

The recent developments in the Duchy of Pomerania are troubling events that can influence the entirety of the Confederation. So called revolutionaries have taken the power by force, defeating the forces loyal to Duke Francis VII and have established a so called "Republic of Pomerania" in Stettin, led by exiled revolutionary Albrecht Rothmann. The violence in Pomerania has awakened heartbreaking memories in all German people, memories of the pointless bloodshed and suffering of the 1848 Revolutions. The German Confederation and its elected Federal Convention are here to represent and to protect all the people of the German realms, and Austria, as the Head of the Presiding Power of the German Confederation, will not allow brothers and sisters to fight against each other and to kill each other again. Peace inside of the Confederation must be maintained by all costs.

As such, His Imperial Majesty, Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria, wishes to call upon an emergency meeting of the Federal Convention in the Palais Thurn und Taxis in Frankfurt am Mein, in order to properly discuss the unfolding situation and to respond to the request made by some member states of the Confederation, about a Federal Execution being declared against Pomerania. The meeting will establish whether the revolutionary government in Pomerania is legitimate or not, and will decide if the Confederation's Army will move against Pomerania in order to restore order. The already present representatives of Pomerania in the Federal Convention will continue to act on behalf of the Duke, and as such, Austria requests the revolutionary government in Stettin to send their own representative to Frankfurt, in order to present the revolutionary government's intentions and position in front of the reunited Convention. The emergency meeting of the Federal Convention will be led by Johann Bernhard Graf von Rechberg und Rothenlöwe, from his position as high representative of the Austrian Empire and President of the Bundesversammlung. It is the Emperor's belief that a peaceful resolution will be adopted during this meeting. May God help us all in these difficult times.

Signed by,

Hochgeboren, Franz Anton, Count of Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky, Minister-President of the Austrian Empire, in the name of:

His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Francis Joseph the First, by the Grace of God Emperor of Austria, King of Bavaria, King of the Rhine, King of Jerusalem etc., Archduke of Austria; Grand Duke of Oldenburg; Duke of Lorraine, of Elsaß, of Nassau, of Jülich-Kleve-Berg, of Salzburg, Styria, Carinthia, and of Carniola; Princely Count of Habsburg and Tyrol, of Kyburg, Gorizia and Gradisca; Prince of Trent and Brixen; Margrave in Istria; Count of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg, etc.; Lord of Triest, and over the Windic march; etc., Head of the Presiding Power of the German Confederation
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:25 am

Legacy of the Second Stettin Revolution

January 1860

Document in discussion
Tracian Empire wrote:
(Image)
Austrian Empire
Kaisertum Österreich

Habsburg Monarchy
Habsburgermonarchie

Austria est imperio optime unita!

To the governments of the member states of the German Confederation

The recent developments in the Duchy of Pomerania are troubling events that can influence the entirety of the Confederation. So called revolutionaries have taken the power by force, defeating the forces loyal to Duke Francis VII and have established a so called "Republic of Pomerania" in Stettin, led by exiled revolutionary Albrecht Rothmann. The violence in Pomerania has awakened heartbreaking memories in all German people, memories of the pointless bloodshed and suffering of the 1848 Revolutions. The German Confederation and its elected Federal Convention are here to represent and to protect all the people of the German realms, and Austria, as the Head of the Presiding Power of the German Confederation, will not allow brothers and sisters to fight against each other and to kill each other again. Peace inside of the Confederation must be maintained by all costs.

As such, His Imperial Majesty, Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria, wishes to call upon an emergency meeting of the Federal Convention in the Palais Thurn und Taxis in Frankfurt am Mein, in order to properly discuss the unfolding situation and to respond to the request made by some member states of the Confederation, about a Federal Execution being declared against Pomerania. The meeting will establish whether the revolutionary government in Pomerania is legitimate or not, and will decide if the Confederation's Army will move against Pomerania in order to restore order. The already present representatives of Pomerania in the Federal Convention will continue to act on behalf of the Duke, and as such, Austria requests the revolutionary government in Stettin to send their own representative to Frankfurt, in order to present the revolutionary government's intentions and position in front of the reunited Convention. The emergency meeting of the Federal Convention will be led by Johann Bernhard Graf von Rechberg und Rothenlöwe, from his position as high representative of the Austrian Empire and President of the Bundesversammlung. It is the Emperor's belief that a peaceful resolution will be adopted during this meeting. May God help us all in these difficult times.

Signed by,

Hochgeboren, Franz Anton, Count of Kolowrat-Liebsteinsky, Minister-President of the Austrian Empire, in the name of:

His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Francis Joseph the First, by the Grace of God Emperor of Austria, King of Bavaria, King of the Rhine, King of Jerusalem etc., Archduke of Austria; Grand Duke of Oldenburg; Duke of Lorraine, of Elsaß, of Nassau, of Jülich-Kleve-Berg, of Salzburg, Styria, Carinthia, and of Carniola; Princely Count of Habsburg and Tyrol, of Kyburg, Gorizia and Gradisca; Prince of Trent and Brixen; Margrave in Istria; Count of Hohenems, Feldkirch, Bregenz, Sonnenberg, etc.; Lord of Triest, and over the Windic march; etc., Head of the Presiding Power of the German Confederation

Motion: Should the Republic of Pomerania accept the diplomatic request put forward by the Austrian Empire to submit a representative to the Federal Convention in Frankfurt-am-Main, knowing that the same Convention shall hold a representative from the House of Greifen and indirectly legitimze their claims to the lands of the Republic, wheras declination may result in belligerent action from the German Confederation?

In favor: 81
Opposed: 74
Abstained: 5

The motion has passed.

Motion: Should the Republic of Pomerania send a representative delegation to the Federal Convention in Frankfurt-am-Main, composed of Reichskanzler Albrecht Rothmann and Deputy Reichsminister for Foreign Affairs Heinrich von Brockdorff-Rantzau?

In favor: 121
Opposed: 24
Abstained: 15

The motion has passed.

TO: The Austrian Empire

Though it should be obvious to all whom this letter may fall to that the ideological differences between our nations are inherently incompatible, the prospect of a maintained peace in the realms of Germania through the efforts of the Federal Convention is a positive choice which we agree with. The only problem we would like to address beforehand is that we wish for the representatives of the House of Greifen to never be presented as representatives of "Pomerania" rather than just the "House of Greifen". Their claim, not backed by the will of the people, has no legitimacy.

The Republic of Pomerania shall be represented by Reichkanzler Albrecht Rothmann and Deputy Reichsminister for Foreign Affairs Heinrich von Brockdorff-Rantzau.

-Albrecht Rothmann, Reichskanzler of the Republic of Pomerania
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:26 pm

Hansetag, New Habsburg
Duchy of Ansburg
1st January, 1860

Karl II of Ansburg for lack of a better term, was hungry. He had spent already hours in motion with the High Ältermän Hoch over matters - ranging from trade policies, new laws to improve the job opportunities for new German immigrants and also the new military bill as well. Many liberals assumed that those whom 'lorded' over the lands and kingdoms were merely enjoying the 'labor of others'. In essence, that was both true and false - he relied on his secretary to get him the necessary paperwork or copies, just as he relied on the farmer to bring his produce to towns, just as he relied on the baker to cook his bread. That was what many of his kind disliked about liberalism - it spoke of great hope and dreams, yet usually when reality came hitting like a train - it knocked down all those not prepared for it.

Many had pointed to the success of the French and American Revolutions on how liberalism could achieve success - not seeing, that in the case of the French, they were leaderless and basically chopping off heads almost by the hour - until those with ambition came and took control of things. Followed by Napoleon returning to the ways of a monarchy just with more fancier titles and ribbons. While the American Revolution itself was one joke after the other. Men were equal, yet still they had slaveowners as wealthy as some princes in Europe. Free in the pursuit of happiness and liberty - yet still other people were kept in chains and slaving in plantations.

Still Karl II like his father, understood - like many others in the former Ansburg League - that the absolutists weren't that greater either. Whereas the liberals were too eager to prove they were right, the absolutists were too eager to prove they 'are' right. In a way - neither side was better than the other, that was how things were seen in Ansburg. An unique nation itself, in this time and age - rights and responsibilities were expanded, more than in some 'liberal' states yet still chained to those who understood responsibility and what such a granted authority entailed.

Ansburg itself was a well of compromise and pragmatic solutions - as they were a German-state in itself, free from the rules and laws of the German Confederation yet also bound to it. If not politically, then in an economic way still. They made their own laws and rules, while still having to maintain relationships with a people and culture almost completely different than their own. This had sewn together an interesting patch of various ideas and expressions. In a way, the former merchants that ruled this former colony understood - that judging people based on their blood was a rather foolhardy way of doing so. As history had shown, many great ideas and great leaders had come from all walks of life.

In a way, his pondering had reminded him more of his approaching hunger. As Karl II of Ansburg soon got his coat and got ready to head into the streets of New Habsburg - he had been hungering to visit a local restaurant, that had managed to mix up local beef with some Eastern spices that ended up making an almost 'divine' meal that could have knocked the cloak off the Holy Roman Emperor once. As the letter on his table, awaited to be delivered to the nearest post office and eventually across the sea.

Foreign Office of Anbsurg: to Austrian Empire

While the Duchy of Ansburg lacks a political vote in the German Confederation, we do hope that any future military actions are kept to a minimum. Rest assured, this does not mean we endorse or approve of the actions of overthrowing governments through coup's there is still the fear that another war could tear apart the delicate structure that had been restored by the Congress of Vienna following the fall of Napoleon.

While the Duchy maintains it's status as an observer in the affairs of our fellow Germans, we still are hopeful for a peaceful resolution - knowing how easily the peace could be shattered and the situation taken advantage of, by foreign powers. Still, in light of the 'Republic of Pomerania' refusing to cooperate the Duchy of Ansburg is prepared to offer economic support in helping to restore proper order in the German Confederation and maintaining the German Customs Union.

Signed by, Duke Karl II von Habsburg, of the Duchy of Ansburg

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Republic of Avisia
January, 1860

Internal Affairs

Avisia’s formation has seen a new power dynamic emerge in southern Africa. Where there was once a foreign empire with land to its south and east competing with two lesser, tribal nations, a new nation has formed in its core. Avisia resulted in the creation of an independent, European-style republic in the region, which has great potential but is in a precarious situation. It is locked on all sides by hostile powers, and even though it could easily defend itself or go on the offensive against a tribal nation, it is forced to constantly be on its feet. Likewise, it borders two British territories, and the empire would gladly see the republic absorbed into their numerous possessions. Avisia may never be a world power, but if it can rally the support of its citizens and catch its enemies off guard, it may just survive the onslaught of its tribal and imperial enemies alike.

One of Avisia’s largest problems in sustaining its own independence has been the size of its population. The region that is now Avisia was already sparsely populated, which allowed for the initial settlers from the Cape to take it over. This has a massive drawback, of course, in that Avisia has inherited this weakness. With less than 1 people per square kilometer, the vast highlands and steppes of the country are not well patrolled by the government, with a lot of local control going to local settlements. Worst of all is that so few of these people are European, or other trustworthy groups, putting the country constantly on edge due to the threat of native uprisings or incursions. While these can be easily punished, they are harder to prevent than some people would like. One solution to this, and one of the most controversial to this, is the idea to open the country up to more immigration.

This debate has mostly centered around European, and to an extent Asian, immigration, and despite strong protest to the idea at all, the pro-immigration support base has been extremely divided. Some radicals have called for immigration of all races and religions, which is extremely unpopular, as many people feel it would undermine Avisia’s status as a Catholic state with Avisian values at its core. The more popular faction calls for simply allowing those of “proper integrity” to move to the country, which would include groups of Europeans with values deemed similar to those of Avisia. This would apply mostly to the Catholic regions of the Mediterranean, referring to Iberia, France, and the Italian states, while also allowing “Illyrians” (Catholic Southern Slavs) and Catholic Arabs as well. Most of the Conservatives in Avisia strongly oppose most forms of immigration, believing that they could corrupt Avisian values. The divide between conservatives and the liberals, and divides amongst the liberals, has prevented any solid immigration laws from being made until a compromise was proposed by President Santos.

Bill: Immigration Act 1860

Proposal: Immigration to Avisia shall be limited to those of Mediterranean stock, these races being those of Iberia, of France, of the Italian states, the Illyrians, and Arabs, so long as they follow the Catholic faith. 500 Families maximum will be allowed to move into Avisia each year, and foreigners under these criteria who have lived in Avisia for 10 years are to be granted full citizenship.

Yay: 27
Nay: 20
Abstain: 3

Motion Passed

Foreign Affairs

While politicians fought in Lusitania in regards to the laws of the nation, the people of Avisia may be fighting on the battlefield soon. With Zulu entering disastrous decline as its neighbors advanced more and more, putting the state in an even worse position, many local leaders have grown more discontent with the Zulu leadership than ever before. Many believe that the Zulu Kingdom will lead them to ruin, while others want to separate to make more favorable deals with foreign powers. Among these is Moshoeshoe the Chief of Lesotho.

Moshoeshoe always had a more favorable view of Western society and culture. Letsie had already learned both Portuguese and to an extent English, and had a small wardrobe of European attire. Much to the ire of the Zulu King, he had been in contact with several Avisians, who introduced him to various Western, more liberal ideas and forms of government. This pro-Western feeling had spread to much of the upper class of Lesotho, and with it, came conversions of the elite to Christianity. Moshoeshoe had been baptized, and with the support of several prominent Avisian priests, stated that his rule was approved by God himself.

This infuriated the Zulu King, who had sought to limit Western influence, and had previously banned Christian missionaries. He ordered the Avisian missionaries to be rounded up and executed, with Zulu forces in Lesotho massacring several families of missionaries operating in the region. Moshoeshoe rallied his forces to assist them in escaping back to Avisia, but avoided major battles with the Zulu. The Avisians who managed to escape in time fled to the borders of Avisia, leading to a border skirmish in which an Avisian settlement was attacked. President Santos mobilized the armed forces, and Avisia was sure to be at war soon.

Within the government, even those who were isolationist were arguing in favor in retaliation against the Zulu for their actions. The only debate was over the extent of the Zulu’s punishment, with the government in universal agreement to go to war. Many simply wanted to either burn several Zulu villages in revenge or demand reparations, but Miguel Santos himself led the pro-total war crowd. He argued that so long as the Zulu were on the border, blocking Avisia’s access to the sea, they would have the audacity to harass Avisia. In a public speech, he called for them to be “knocked down a peg” and shown who is boss.

In time the vote came, and for the first, and perhaps only, time in Avisian history, the entire government agreed on their course of action.

Bill: War with Zulu

Proposal: Avisia is to send an ultimatum, as written by President Santos, to the Kingdom of Zulu. If they do not comply with all of its clauses, Avisia and Zulu are to enter a state of war until the Zulu yield.

For: 50
Against: 0
Abstain: 0

Motion Passed

To: The Kingdom of Zulu

Your actions against the Avisian people, and God’s children as a whole, have been noticed, and we will not allow you to tread on our people or our faith. For your insolence, you must be punished. You are to grant Lesotho, under King Moshoeshoe, independence under Avisian protection from your wrath, and abandon all claims to the territory. The territory from the Tugela River to the Umzimkulu River is to be fully annexed to Avisia. You will allow freedom of religion within your nation, and allow missionaries to work unharmed.

Failure to accept this ultimatum will result in war between our nations, and harsher terms will be imposed

Miguel Santos, President of the Avisian Republic
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Fri May 10, 2019 10:56 am

American Commonwealth
"Do your duty and a little more and the future will take care of itself."

January 18th,
Savannah, Georgia

"Ladies and gentlemen! I now announce the opening of the most modern factory in all of Georgia and the American Commonwealth!" Washington Duke cut the ribbon to the new textile factory, which he had purchased the land for and all the equipment through hard work, investments and connections with powerful entrepreneurs to put forth funds into this mill. Placed on the river to give it power to all the machines inside which could provide hundreds of jobs that are not only efficient but also safe. So much so that mostly women applied for the jobs, showing a social change in the culture of the city where women could work just like men in the factories of the modern world.

Sadly, not all could last perfectly. A fight broke out in the factory when an employee brought in a slave to do the job he was hired for, the owner being an supporter of abolition denied the slave the ability to work in the factory and rightly fired the employee. This however quickly brought the debate into the congress of the Commonwealth. Watt B. Redd, leader of the Free Commonwealth Abolitionist faction with members from the Union Party and Conservative Party. Demanding that slavery be denied the right to exist in industrial settings, focusing greatly on the great risk of both conditions for workers who work with slaves, abuses done upon the slaves and the jobs taken by them.

"We might as well fill the country with slaves if we wish to have them work, we'll grow fat and rich...If only you could dream such a horrid fantasy. Slavery is a disgusting practice and all of you should be ashamed at the thought someone who was of colour could not be paid for a job done. If they were willing to work, then you should be allowed to hire them. But if someone dares try to bring slavery into the city limits upon which we find them unnecessary and the common people and workers having the ability to work their trade and be paid for that work with security knowing they may go home without worrying that someone will replace them with someone they will not need to pay."

However, on the opposite the Conservative Party united with Hartford Gust against the Union Party. Bringing his voice up from the growing chaos, "Do you all not see our plight? Slavery is necessary to show that our dominance over those not entirely equal to us so that we may benefit. We reap the benefits from them and our money goes towards others, our money is used to pay the necessary facilities to continue our trade. The rails, who would pay for them if not the slaves on the plantations? Factory owners lose most their profits to a worker due to wages. But with slaves, that loss is destroyed and further expanding their factories can continue. Of course, there won't be as many jobs available for the common man...But isn't it worth obtaining greater prosperity where we may not need to do our jobs and simply have the slaves do the work for us? So let us accept slaves in the environment our efforts created, where our economic successes led and our future to begin."

"The powers of the world disagree with what you say, our once leaders of England have rid themselves of slavery. What must you say to that!" yelled Redd. Gust simply shook his head, "They rid themselves of it to seem their mission as holy and beautiful, to let the natives not worry about being forced to work. Instead they simply give them little with no representation. They are slaves in all but name, yet do we not give the slaves representation? Don't you remember the compromise we've agreed upon several years ago?"

Redd had to bite his tongue, remembering that slaves were allowed to vote if their master allowed them to. It didn't improve many but it was a political victory in their name, "Yes, I do remember. Yet it does nothing since we all have the same representation, for we are all equal!" Gust chuckled, "Of course, but equality cannot come free. It must be given life with the blood and sweat of those who labor, of those that rise to the challenge and bring our prosperity." Red smashed his fist on the table, "Prosperity means nothing if those that worked for it don't enjoy the same benefits as anyone else, it has no place in our society nor our future. We will dominate the next elections and bring an era of equality and prosperity." The two glared at each other, the two men that would make or break the Commonwealth's unity.
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse