NATION

PASSWORD

ASOMAF (OOC/AH/Interwar/Dead/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:41 pm

Eggistaan wrote:
The Black Party wrote:I can't even dock and provide support because UAR didn't allow my troops to help or even sent a response so I'm just circling the Mediterranean

well he is on now so why don't you try asking him?

i'll put a post up detailing the effects of the surprise invasion, literally all of my battleplans have to be thrown out the window now
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Can we have the actual equipment used by nations in 1964? The Conqueror heavy tank was never used in active service let alone given to the Jordanians.

In 1964, the Royal Jordanian Army would have had the following:
516 tanks (297 M48A1, 160 M47, 105 Centurion, 24 Charioteer)
370 armoured cars (240 Daimler Ferret, 130 Saladin)
400 armoured personnel carriers (150 Saracen, 250 M113)
36 tank destroyers (36 Archer)
90 anti-tank guns (90 17-pdr)
56 self-propelled howitzers (20 M44, 36 M52)
151 artillery pieces (25 M115, 18 M59, 108 25-pdr)

See here.

The air force would have had around 30-40 fighter aircraft composed of Hawker Hunter and de Havilland Vampires.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:48 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Eggistaan wrote:I'm not doing a surprise invasion if that's what you think

totally not doing that

honestly I dont care anymore because the UAR has been stalling for 48 hours without making a move, their only advantage of initial size is pretty much gone

I haven't been stalling, just do what you want to do.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Eggistaan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:10 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Eggistaan wrote:
well he is on now so why don't you try asking him?

well tbh I'm not ready for battle either, I was planning on docking in the North of the UAR to give my forces some time to equip, and I'm still waiting on OP's permission to use special weapons.

Like tankettes?
I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

Eggistaan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:11 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:Can we have the actual equipment used by nations in 1964? The Conqueror heavy tank was never used in active service let alone given to the Jordanians.

See here.

The air force would have had around 30-40 fighter aircraft composed of Hawker Hunter and de Havilland Vampires.

have you heard of something called alternate history, its quite fun dont you think. Especially when everyone plays along :)
I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:31 pm

Eggistaan wrote:
The Black Party wrote:well tbh I'm not ready for battle either, I was planning on docking in the North of the UAR to give my forces some time to equip, and I'm still waiting on OP's permission to use special weapons.

Like tankettes?

tankettes op
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Eggistaan wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:Can we have the actual equipment used by nations in 1964? The Conqueror heavy tank was never used in active service let alone given to the Jordanians.

See here.

have you heard of something called alternate history, its quite fun dont you think. Especially when everyone plays along :)

Yes, and alternate history doesn't mean Jordan ends up with heavy tanks.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:Yes, and alternate history doesn't mean Jordan ends up with heavy tanks.

I don't really think the tank type makes a difference, unless it's a tankette, but I guess take it up with OP. For now, just go with it.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:58 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:Yes, and alternate history doesn't mean Jordan ends up with heavy tanks.

I don't really think the tank type makes a difference, unless it's a tankette, but I guess take it up with OP. For now, just go with it.

I mean I've essentially said he has modern main battle tanks that are just as good, if not more effective, than the Conqueror. But no matter, they'll just be massive targets for UAR jets.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
The Black Party wrote:I don't really think the tank type makes a difference, unless it's a tankette, but I guess take it up with OP. For now, just go with it.

I mean I've essentially said he has modern main battle tanks that are just as good, if not more effective, than the Conqueror. But no matter, they'll just be massive targets for UAR jets.

Also considering that the Middle East is mostly open desert, with little to no cover, I think your air-superiority once re-established will be more then enough to balance a few Conquers or whatever.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:22 pm

Interesting proposal in the IC, though I doubt UoAS would sacrifice their own educators to teach Mormon curriculum.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:38 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Also considering that the Middle East is mostly open desert, with little to no cover, I think your air-superiority once re-established will be more then enough to balance a few Conquers or whatever.

It won't be re-established. Jordan hasn't attacked air bases in Syria or Iraq so as far as I am concerned, the UAR's air force is intact. And given Jordan seems to be using WW2 aircraft, it should be a cakewalk.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
The Black Party wrote:Also considering that the Middle East is mostly open desert, with little to no cover, I think your air-superiority once re-established will be more then enough to balance a few Conquers or whatever.

It won't be re-established. Jordan hasn't attacked air bases in Syria or Iraq so as far as I am concerned, the UAR's air force is intact. And given Jordan seems to be using WW2 aircraft, it should be a cakewalk.

Yes but that's not to say Jordan still has a relatively in-tact airforce as well, and with French reinforcements coming in a few days, complimented by the Hashbrown's intial advancements, its going to be a much tougher war with greater strain on both nations.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:51 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

Yes but that's not to say Jordan still has a relatively in-tact airforce as well, and with French reinforcements coming in a few days, complimented by the Hashbrown's intial advancements, its going to be a much tougher war with greater strain on both nations.

There's a counter-attack taking place. Advancing on one axis opens the attack up to being outflanked. The UAR's plan for Jordan was to advance simultaneously. It will take a few days or weeks for the French assistance to arrive, but the AMX-30 is very lightly armoured thanks to the French simply giving up on up-armouring their tanks. It's thin enough that the T-34/85's could pen it.

Besides, the Soviets are also bringing their support so any French naval influence would be countered by the Soviets, as NATO doesn't exist, there's no reason why the Black Sea fleet couldn't arrive in the Mediterranean.

Eggistaan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:32 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
Eggistaan wrote:

You have 1,000 t55's

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:57 am

Eggistaan wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

You have 1,000 t55's

I have 400 T-54/55's.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:42 am

Heyah Costa, did you see the Soviet message to the UAR?

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:47 am

Sorry for not posting for quite some time now, people. Real life has caught up to me, and I just managed to finish sorting it out. I'll have a post up within 24 hours, I promise!
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:11 am

The Black Party wrote:Interesting proposal in the IC, though I doubt UoAS would sacrifice their own educators to teach Mormon curriculum.

-shrug- If they aren't up for it, i'm sure another nation would be=what the deal entails is basically the allowance of the Kingdom of Deseret to offer jobs to citizens in a foreign country, like the UoAS. No one would be being forced into coming over.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:13 am

Costa Fierro wrote:
The Black Party wrote:Yes but that's not to say Jordan still has a relatively in-tact airforce as well, and with French reinforcements coming in a few days, complimented by the Hashbrown's intial advancements, its going to be a much tougher war with greater strain on both nations.

There's a counter-attack taking place. Advancing on one axis opens the attack up to being outflanked. The UAR's plan for Jordan was to advance simultaneously. It will take a few days or weeks for the French assistance to arrive, but the AMX-30 is very lightly armoured thanks to the French simply giving up on up-armouring their tanks. It's thin enough that the T-34/85's could pen it.

Besides, the Soviets are also bringing their support so any French naval influence would be countered by the Soviets, as NATO doesn't exist, there's no reason why the Black Sea fleet couldn't arrive in the Mediterranean.

But you haven't responded to any foreign support offers. The French would be arriving any day now since they have a Mediterranean port.
The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:Heyah Costa, did you see the Soviet message to the UAR?
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:52 pm

The Black Party wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

But you haven't responded to any foreign support offers. The French would be arriving any day now since they have a Mediterranean port.
The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:Heyah Costa, did you see the Soviet message to the UAR?

Hey. Quebec. Wanna work together for trade and security purposes?

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:04 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
The Black Party wrote:Interesting proposal in the IC, though I doubt UoAS would sacrifice their own educators to teach Mormon curriculum.

-shrug- If they aren't up for it, i'm sure another nation would be=what the deal entails is basically the allowance of the Kingdom of Deseret to offer jobs to citizens in a foreign country, like the UoAS. No one would be being forced into coming over.

I will get a response up to it within some time.

That said the response will most likely be from a prominent government figure rather than the sitting president. Reconciliationists despite them being the smallest party in the block still have some sympathizers in the higher reins of government.
Last edited by Benuty on Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm

The Felan Federation wrote:Hey. Quebec. Wanna work together for trade and security purposes?

What do you have in mind?
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

The Black Party
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:37 pm

hey squad fam your boy's fielding this wunderwaffe as soon as the UAR conflict is over or whenever I can
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse