NATION

PASSWORD

The West Wing | OOC Thread [Cobalt Network Sponsored]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:45 am

Chewion wrote:
Dentali wrote:

so same makeup as irl?

In Senate yes.

in the house?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:00 am

Dentali wrote:
Chewion wrote:In Senate yes.

in the house?

Considering the conduct of the 44th POTUS and the political climate of America are both near-identical, I'd suggest the 115th Congress would be the same as it was IRL. R 239 - D 193
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:03 am

Granluras wrote:
Dentali wrote:

in the house?

Considering the conduct of the 44th POTUS and the political climate of America are both near-identical, I'd suggest the 115th Congress would be the same as it was IRL. R 239 - D 193

R 236 D196 Vacant 3 are the official numbers.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:08 am

Another executive decision—the Gang of Eight (Senate Democratic and Republican leaders; House Republican and Democratic Leaders; and the Intelligence community heads) will be the only non-White House-based positions that can be applied for. Otherwise, choices are limited to the White House Office and Executive Office.
Last edited by Granluras on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:25 am

Nation Name: Granluras
Character Position: Secretary of Education
Character Name: Idk yet

Do Not Remove: 385239591911452331514
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:35 am

Granluras wrote:

Think we might want to hold our horses, you’ve already got SecDef and COS
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:36 am

Vaquas wrote:
Granluras wrote:

the more the merrier? :oops:
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:40 am

Here's my reservation.

Nation Name: Sanabel
Character Position: Speaker of the House
Character Name: TBD

The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:42 am

Granluras wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

the more the merrier? :oops:

Just wait a bit perhaps.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:46 am

Chewion wrote:
Granluras wrote:the more the merrier? :oops:

Just wait a bit perhaps.

yeah...ill keep SecEd vacant until next week,just to put some time between apps.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Sanabel wrote:Here's my reservation.

Character Position: Speaker of the House
Character Name: TBD

Oh hi mark
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:26 pm

Roleplay example link: You know me

Character Name: Richard M. Howard
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 72
Character Height: 6'0
Character Weight: 180 pounds
Character Position: Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for Alabama's 7th Congressional District

Appearance:

Party Affiliation: Democrat

Main Strengths: Effective legislator, popular among the Democratic base, willing to compromise

Main Weaknesses: Can be gullible, not Machiavellian, old, career politician.

Biography: Dick Howard was born in 1945 in Birmingham, Alabama. His father was a steelworker and his mother was a cook. He grew up in the segregated South, and it impacted him greatly. As a youth he was greatly involved in the Civil Rights Movement, protesting with Martin Luther King in the Birmingham campaign. While a student in high school, Howard was a youth organizer for the Alabama Christian Movement for Human Rights. During this time Howard was convicted and sent to prison multiple times for misdemeanors related to the protests.

When he was 19, in 1964, Howard attended Williams College in Massachusetts, followed by the NYU Law School. He paid for this himself, taking on massive amounts of student debt. When he finally finished his education in 1971, he went to work for the NAACP as a lawyer in New York.

In 1978, Howard returned to Alabama to practice law in Birmingham. After working in private practice for one year, he was named as the United States Attorney for the Northern District of Alabama by the Carter administration. He held this position until his replacement in 1981. During this time he became famous for prosecuting former Klansmen and lynchers.

Howard then returned to private practice, starting a family and often serving as a pro-bono public defender. His stint as a US Attorney increased his interest in politics, and in 1987 he ran for and was elected Chairman of the Alabama Democratic Party. He held this position until 1992, when he ran for US House in Alabama's 7th District.

Howard was a popular moderate-liberal African American southern Democrat within the House. In 1996 he became Chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, and held that position until 2006 when he was put in the position of Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. In 2010, he was elected as Minority Leader after the former Speaker resigned their position. He has served as minority leader since, effectively blocking the Majority and protecting the ACA and a number of other pieces of legislation.

Other Info: Is a Baptist Christian

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Sanabel

The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Nation Name: New Cobastheia
Character Position: Secretary of the Interior
Character Name: Felix M. Santiago

Forgot to place a reservation down so just doing that now

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Tag

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Can't wait to see ya two in action.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Robo-Nixon
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Robo-Nixon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:11 pm

Nation Name:
Roleplay example link: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=458295

Character Name: Estella Blum
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 36
Character Height: 5'7"
Character Weight: 132 lbs
Character Position: White House Principal Deputy Chief of Staff
Appearance:

Party Affiliation: Republican Party
Main Strengths: Sociable, honest, insightful, cautious, good delegator
Main Weaknesses: Vain, indecisive, petty, bad at taking criticism, speaks her mind, not personally aligned with administration policies
Biography:
Estella was born in San Francisco, California to mathematician Isaac Blum and businesswoman Anne Blum on December 4, 1982. An only-child, she enjoyed a great deal of attention from her parents and was raised in a comfortable upper-middle-class environment. While her parents promoted a secular environment at home, they still congregatated with the Jewish community in San Francisco and after high school, was convinced to attend YULA's girl school. It was during the two years she spent there that her passion for debate, especially of the political sort through debate clubs and model united nations. Having spent most of her life among West Coast liberals, she found a great deal of joy from debating against the majority opinion. While she may not have been passionate about conservative policy in the least, she avidly defended the defense of marriage act, reaganomics and restriction on abortion rights, to the dismay of her peers. Overall, these experiences helped shape an easiness for her to defend opinions she would disagree with.

Spending a summer working at an Israeli kibbutz with her cousins and half a semester volunteering as a teacher in El Salvador, and matriculating to Harvard in 2003, things changed. Soul-searching led her to connect more with the social liberalism she had grown up with, identifying with freedoms defended by the Democratic party, going on to vote Democratic in 2004, mostly due to her opposition to the Iraq war. Graduating a statistics major in 2005, she got a job offer for a firm carrying out political analysis and opinion polls for in Chicago, and after a successful and interesting interview, she went on to a career as a political analyst. The firm was primarily employed to collect data for conservative action groups in the Midwest, and by working with collecting, analyzing and presenting voter data efficiently, she acquired experience that would prove valuable in the future.

The work she was doing to help politicians sought her to work closer to them. During the 2006 midterms, she worked as an advisor to the Republican campaign for Senate in Ohio, ultimately proving unsuccessful, but landing her job offers at firms in Washington. Interestingly, the candidate she worked for during the intensive months of that reelection campaign was Senator Mike DeWine, a former employer of the future US President. In December of 2006, she began working as an analyst and commentator at Rasmussen Reports, following the Presidential Race closely in her work the following two years. After sixteen months as an analyst, she took over Midwest state polling, consistently predicting the swing states in favor of Ortiz, turning out to have all near-election day polls within the margin of error as the final result came in November of 2008. At this point, after a long period of consideration into entering politics and a poor showing by the California Republican Party in the elections, she searched for job offerings 'back home' where her previous experiences could come in handy.

She registered as a Republican before the end of that year and managed to get in touch with members of CAGOP's executive board through her growing contact network, getting a job as an assistant to Ron Nehring, the Chair of the California Republican Party, working closely with him in raising funds, registering new party members and planning campaign strategies. During this time, she met her current domestic partner Stephen Nash, a university professor in political science. While the 2010 elections in California saw an upswing in votes for Republicans overall, no significant gains in legislative seats or executive positions were made and the governor's mansion was lost. With a promising job offer from a newly elected 'tea-party' representative, she relocated to Washington with Stephen, taking up the position of Chief of Staff, an inexperienced staffer to an inexperienced house member. While political life in Washington seemed unfamiliar and risky at first, the experience from the legislative staffers she worked with helped guide her through the first months and by the end of 2011, she had begun to find her feet. Her representative was reelected in 2012, and a heavy workload for her employer in the 113th Congress kept her busy, but her career had halt when she found out that she was pregnant in early 2014 and decided to keep her baby, resigning right after the midterms to get some time to rest after a period of pressure and excitement alike.

Spending time with her newborn baby girl and partner was enjoyable for some time, but following the start of the primary elections in 2015 from the living room couch was not an exciting experience. Taking a part-time job for a non-partisan think tank in Washington helped pay the bills and was sufficiently satisfying as she got to work with voter data, but dull when compared to her time as Chief of Staff in congress. New opportunities would open up, however, as a former work-acquaintance, Richard Liebhaber, helped reorganize Carter Presidential campaign during the earlier primaries. Looking to bring in further experienced staff Estella was invited to join the campaign in the role of Senior Strategist, with the approval of Carter himself after a review of her former positions. Planning and implementing much of the overall strategy of the Carter campaign with its executives, she presented most importantly her West Coast strategy which aimed to broaden the primary's voter base, particularly aimed at minorities, ultimately proving more successful than anticipated. When Liebhaber returned to the campaign in the capacity of campaign manager, Estella was given the position of deputy campaign manager while retaining her role in shaping campaign strategy.

As the campaign ultimately helped elect Ryan Carter to the Presidency, Estella played a key role in the transition team and aligned with working to push the President's agenda as she was named Deputy Chief of Staff under Richard Liebhaber in a growingly comfortable role. Since Carter's inauguration, her place in the White House has been defined by what she's proven to be best at, helping to create overarching strategies to help communicate messages or implement policies and relies on empirical evidence to advise the President on whether a decision is good or not. Estella Blum can be difficult to work with when she wishes to get credit for work she's done, refuses to accept when she's wrong and says something insensitive.

Other Info: Speaks fluent French in addition to English and a degree of Yiddish. Lives with her domestic partner Stephen Nash (34) and their daughter Clara (3).

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Robo-Nixon

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Tag Secretary of Defense
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Alaroma wrote:Tag Secretary of Defense

Bro
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:07 pm

by the way, what is the official start date of the RP (Is it inauguration day or a different day.)
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:43 pm

Helowi wrote:by the way, what is the official start date of the RP (Is it inauguration day or a different day.)

Two weeks after Inauguration Day, and, as I stated earlier, the day the president is preparing his speech for the First Hundred Days policy outline announcement.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

America JB
Attaché

Founded: Jan 30, 2015

Application

Postby America JB » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Nation Name: America JB
Roleplay example link:

Character Name: John F Kenda
Character Age: 38
Character Height: 6'4
Character Weight: 150 lbs
Character Position: Attorney General
Appearance: Green eyes, black hair, athletic, nicely dressed

Main Strengths: Research, public speaking
Main Weaknesses: Reading fast

Biography: Born in the big city of Chicago, Illinois. Got good grades in high school and got accepted into the University of Georgetown. There I majored in Political Science and minored in Economics. Ever since my graduation in 2003, I went into public service and volunteer work until my election to the United States House of Representatives in the year 2008. I passed major legislation involving sentencing reforms and tax cuts in my time in office. I have been serving in the House ever since 2008 and have made great advancements for the people of my district. I got married in 2010 and had our first child in 2012.

Other Info: Like watching the news

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: (America JB)

Do Not Remove: 385239591911452331514(edited)

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:10 pm

America JB wrote:Nation Name: America JB
Roleplay example link:

Character Name: John F Kenda
Character Age: 38
Character Height: 6'4
Character Weight: 150 lbs
Character Position: Attorney General
Appearance: Green eyes, black hair, athletic, nicely dressed

Main Strengths: Research, public speaking
Main Weaknesses: Reading fast

Biography: Born in the big city of Chicago, Illinois. Got good grades in high school and got accepted into the University of Georgetown. There I majored in Political Science and minored in Economics. Ever since my graduation in 2003, I went into public service and volunteer work until my election to the United States House of Representatives in the year 2008. I passed major legislation involving sentencing reforms and tax cuts in my time in office. I have been serving in the House ever since 2008 and have made great advancements for the people of my district. I got married in 2010 and had our first child in 2012.

Other Info: Like watching the news

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: (America JB)

Do Not Remove: 385239591911452331514(edited)

Quite a few things wrong with this.
  • You need a roleplay example link to prove your skill. Which you most definitely need,
  • Your strengths/weaknesses are very wrong, “Research” is not a strength, and I can’t begin to think how it could be. “Public speaking” is not one either, it’s a job or action, not a skill. “Reading fast” is not a weakness, nor is it a skill in general. These need serious, detailed revision and you need to have at least four each.
  • Also, a 6’4” 150 lb person would not be capable of living as they would be seriously underweight.
  • The Biography is very vague and short. Plus, most attorney generals were lawyers, DAs, state AGs, district judges, or some sort of legal practitioner of considerable prestige. An economics major and tax reformist seems like a person who’d know little about how to be the leader of the American legal system.
  • Overall, this is an app needing of widespread changes. Also, and I don’t want to be harsh, but considering this is an intermediate level roleplay and your skills seem to be...mediocre, I’m not sure if this is something you can handle at the moment.
That’s all I have to say. And, as it stands, this application is thoroughly REJECTED.
Last edited by Granluras on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:45 pm

IC going up Saturday at Noon EST.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:07 pm

Nation Name: Dentali

Character Name: Malcolm Allen
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 67
Character Height: 5’10”
Character Weight: 190
Character Position: Senate Majority Leader
Appearance: Image
Party Affiliation: R
Main Strengths: Strong command of Republicans in Senate, Know for independent streak
Main Weaknesses: Alienated democrats, lacks foreign policy experience

Biography: (Minimum 2-3 paragraphs)

Born in 1952
Graduated with a degree in political science in 1974
Served in Vietnam as a Cargo Plane Pilot 1974- 1978
Law School 1978-82
1984-90 state senator
1990 Lt Gov of South Carolina
1996 Elected Senator of South Carolina
2008 Elected Senate Majority Leader
Endorsed Carter before the South Carolina Primary him over the top in the republican primary.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: (Dentali)

Last edited by Dentali on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:16 am

Dentali wrote:
Nation Name: Dentali

Character Name: Malcolm Allen
Character Gender: M
Character Age: 67
Character Height: 5’10”
Character Weight: 190
Character Position: Senate Majority Leader
Appearance: (Image)
Party Affiliation: R
Main Strengths: Strong command of Republicans in Senate, Know for independent streak
Main Weaknesses: Alienated democrats, lacks foreign policy experience

Biography: (Minimum 2-3 paragraphs)

Born in 1952
Graduated with a degree in political science in 1974
Served in Vietnam as a Cargo Plane Pilot 1974- 1978
Law School 1978-82
1984-90 state senator
1990 Lt Gov of South Carolina
1996 Elected Senator of South Carolina
2008 Elected Senate Majority Leader
Endorsed Carter before the South Carolina Primary him over the top in the republican primary.

Other Info:

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: (Dentali)

is this a wip?
Reminiscence

est. 2018

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse