NATION

PASSWORD

The West Wing | OOC Thread [Cobalt Network Sponsored]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Granluras
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Granluras » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:57 pm

Helowi wrote:WIP
Nation Name: Helowi
Roleplay example link: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=442992

Character Name: Jack Rogers
Character Gender: Male
Character Age: 42
Character Height: 6’1”
Character Weight: 183 Pounds
Character Position: White House Director of Communications
Appearance:
(Image)
Party Affiliation: Republican (Before 2006) Libertarian (2006-2009) Independent (2009-Present)

Main Strengths: Very good at getting a point across, very loyal to the administration, can sometimes be charming.
Main Weaknesses: Seen as a party flipper, has an extremely bad temper, has a past which includes drug use, 2 DUIs, and past connections to white supremacist organizations (has since been severed)

Biography: Born to a rich family in West Virginia, his father was the owner of a coal company, and his mother was a stay at home mom. He had two younger sisters while growing up and was often known as a quite child who often had B’s and A’s on his report card. He often had hoped to grow up and own his dads oil business. He graduated from high school and studied business, but was eventually kicked out after poor grades.

After this, Jack hit the lowest point of his life where he picked up a cocaine addiction and drinking, and resorted to a life of crime for 1 year, before his father enlisted him into rehab in order to help cure his addiction, he eventually left rehab and re-enlisted in college and got a masters in Communications, Public Relations, and Journalism.

After this, Jack moved to Ohio and got a job as a spokesman for Congressman Ryan Carter’s Office, quickly gaining the respect of the other staff and known for being an effective worker. Ever since then, Jack has been a loyal ally to Carter, even as he switched from Republican to Libertarian to Independent, and his transition from Congressman to Senator to President. And for his 2016 Presidential Campaign, he was appointed as the Director of Communications for the campaign, which eventually won. He was then asked by Carter to be the administration’s Director of Communications, to which he accepted, and was eventually put into the role.

Other Info: has a wife, Elaine, and 2 Daughters, Pam and Sarah

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Helowi

Alright, yeah this is pretty good. Also, for a moment there I thought your character model was Rob Lowe and you were trying to make a homage to Sam Seaborn, but I got that wrong :p

This app is ACCEPTED.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:00 pm

Granluras wrote:
Helowi wrote:WIP

Appearance:
(Image)
Party Affiliation: Republican (Before 2006) Libertarian (2006-2009) Independent (2009-Present)

Main Strengths: Very good at getting a point across, very loyal to the administration, can sometimes be charming.
Main Weaknesses: Seen as a party flipper, has an extremely bad temper, has a past which includes drug use, 2 DUIs, and past connections to white supremacist organizations (has since been severed)

Biography: Born to a rich family in West Virginia, his father was the owner of a coal company, and his mother was a stay at home mom. He had two younger sisters while growing up and was often known as a quite child who often had B’s and A’s on his report card. He often had hoped to grow up and own his dads oil business. He graduated from high school and studied business, but was eventually kicked out after poor grades.

After this, Jack hit the lowest point of his life where he picked up a cocaine addiction and drinking, and resorted to a life of crime for 1 year, before his father enlisted him into rehab in order to help cure his addiction, he eventually left rehab and re-enlisted in college and got a masters in Communications, Public Relations, and Journalism.

After this, Jack moved to Ohio and got a job as a spokesman for Congressman Ryan Carter’s Office, quickly gaining the respect of the other staff and known for being an effective worker. Ever since then, Jack has been a loyal ally to Carter, even as he switched from Republican to Libertarian to Independent, and his transition from Congressman to Senator to President. And for his 2016 Presidential Campaign, he was appointed as the Director of Communications for the campaign, which eventually won. He was then asked by Carter to be the administration’s Director of Communications, to which he accepted, and was eventually put into the role.

Alright, yeah this is pretty good. Also, for a moment there I thought your character model was Rob Lowe and you were trying to make a homage to Sam Seaborn, but I got that wrong :p

This app is ACCEPTED.

Awesome, can’t wait for the IC to get up
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Helowi wrote:
Granluras wrote:Alright, yeah this is pretty good. Also, for a moment there I thought your character model was Rob Lowe and you were trying to make a homage to Sam Seaborn, but I got that wrong :p

This app is ACCEPTED.

Awesome, can’t wait for the IC to get up

Yeah, we just want to get some of the senior staffers and cabinet level folk in before we start. The first posts/story arc is going to be setting up the policy outline for the First Hundred Days. So we can’t plan that with half a White House. We’ll probably have it up within a few days. Also, I just noticed your app is marked WIP, so if you still have some things you’d like to add to it feel free too. I guess I got a little greedy and accepted it prematurely :oops:
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Helowi
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Helowi » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Granluras wrote:
Helowi wrote:Awesome, can’t wait for the IC to get up

Yeah, we just want to get some of the senior staffers and cabinet level folk in before we start. The first posts/story arc is going to be setting up the policy outline for the First Hundred Days. So we can’t plan that with half a White House. We’ll probably have it up within a few days. Also, I just noticed your app is marked WIP, so if you still have some things you’d like to add to it feel free too. I guess I got a little greedy and accepted it prematurely :oops:

Oh sorry, I just forgot to take out the WIP when I was making the app.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95
ISideWith 2020 Election Results
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/34439 ... esidential

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:38 pm

Helowi wrote:

Appearance:
(Image)

PETE BUTTIGIEG! My old hometown mayor......... app looks good I am just surprised to see him.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Nation Name: Chewion
Roleplay example link: I am the OP so no fam.

Character Name: Ryan Carter
Character Height: 6'2"
Character Weight: 220 lbs
Character Position: PolSci Student at Norte Dame University (1990-1994); Economics Student at Norte Dame University (1990-1994); Law Student at Harvard Law School President (1994-2000); Aid In Senator DeWine’s Office (2000-2001) Chief of Staff of Senator DeWine’s Office (2001-2003); Deputy National Security Advisor (2003-2007); Representative of Ohio’s 7th congressional district (2008-2014); House Minority Whip (2010-2012); House Majority Leader (2012-2014); Junior Senator of Ohio (2014-2017); President of the United States (2017-present)
Appearance:

Party Affiliation: Republican Party (1992-present)
Main Strengths: Effective communicator; populist: well-educated man.
Main Weaknesses: Overthinker; intermittent, rash personality
Biography: Born in Mount Vernon, Ohio to a well off doctor and a housewife mother, Ryan led a normal life up through school. For college, he first attended Nôtre Dame University in Indiana where he earned his degrees in Political Science and Economics. While at Norte Dame, he became politically evolved, joining the Young Republicans collegiate chapter at the school and participating in the collegiate debate club. He then attended Harvard Law School where he studied constitutional law for a few years, graduating in 2000.

After earning that degree he became a congressional aide for then Ohio Senator Mike DeWine. Serving in various positions including Chief of Staff, Ryan eventually left DeWine’s team in 2003 to serve as the Deputy National Security Advisor to President Bush, with DeWine serving as his reference. One of the only voices in Bush’s inner circle to speak against the invasion of Iraq, Ryan left the Bush Administration in 2007 and ran for Representative of Ohio’s 7th congressional district where he won the seat. He served as Minority Whip in the 111th Congress, and Majority House Leader in the 1112th Congress. In the 2014 elections, he ran and won the open Ohio junior Senate seat.

In 2016, he announced his candidacy for President. He campaigned off of a populist, fiscally conservative, and nationalist platform that was accompanied by frequent, rambunctious, high-attendance rallies that numbered at sixty by the November. He won the Republican presidential primary in July, besting his Texan opponent by a margin of 11.3%; and went on to win the Presidential elections with 54% of the popular vote and 325 of the 536 electoral votes. His presidency, though in its infancy, has proven to be a precedent-setting one, as President Carter is an outspoken and sometimes rash politician in conduct with "Establishment groups" like the Media, but much more mellow with "civilian groups", following his populist rhetoric.

Other Info: Served on the Senate and House Financial Services and Foreign Affairs committees during his congressional tenure.

I have read and accept the rules of the roleplay: Chewion
Last edited by Chewion on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 pm

Nation Name: Dentali
Character Position: Senate Majority Leader
Character Name: Malcolm Allen

Do Not Remove: 385239591911452331514

Who has the Senate majority?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Dentali wrote:

Republicans. They kept both houses. A 53-47 split.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Chewion wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Republicans. They kept both houses. A 53-47 split.

so same makeup as irl?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:02 pm

Dentali wrote:
Chewion wrote:Republicans. They kept both houses. A 53-47 split.

so same makeup as irl?

In Senate yes.

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:54 pm

Tag
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:59 pm

I wanna be Ainsley Hayes!

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:11 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:I wanna be Ainsley Hayes!
(Image)
(Image)

BE MY GUEST!

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:22 am

Ok, so what do you guys think of the idea of the Democratic Sec of the Interior?

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:42 am

New Cobastheia wrote:Ok, so what do you guys think of the idea of the Democratic Sec of the Interior?

If he’s a very moderate/blue dog Democrat.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:48 am

Chewion wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Ok, so what do you guys think of the idea of the Democratic Sec of the Interior?

I can work with that, what are some of the President's views on the stuff and policy Interior does/can effect?

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:27 am

Chewion wrote:

Chewie will you stop accepting democrats? Name me one Democratic cabinet official in the last forty years of republican presidencies, Chewie. As I said before, then only democrats will probably be junior staffers, like a person such as Ainsley Hayes (like we're about to get), a councilmember of the CEQ, a secret service agent, etc. Use common sense dude.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:28 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:I wanna be Ainsley Hayes!
(Image)
(Image)

Also, I can't wait to see her :lol:
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:59 am

Granluras wrote:
Chewion wrote:If he’s a very moderate/blue dog Democrat.

Chewie will you stop accepting democrats? Name me one Democratic cabinet official in the last forty years of republican presidencies, Chewie. As I said before, then only democrats will probably be junior staffers, like a person such as Ainsley Hayes (like we're about to get), a councilmember of the CEQ, a secret service agent, etc. Use common sense dude.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... arty_lines

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:00 am

Granluras wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Mineta

This guy was in Bush’s Cabinet a little over 10 years ago. Minor cabinet positions are sometimes given to people outside the party.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:05 am

Granluras wrote:

Eisenhower
- Martin Patrick Durkin, Secretary of Labor
- Robert Bernard Anderson, Secretary of the Treasury

Nixon
- John Connelly, Secretary of the Treasury

Ford
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Ambassador to the UN

Reagan
- Jeane Kirkpatrick, Ambassador to the UN
- William Bennett, Secretary of Education
- Lauro Cavazos, Secretary of Education

Bush II
- Norman Mineta, Secretary of Transportation

And that's just the people in the Cabinet proper, several Ambassadors and Under/Assistant Secretaries have crossed party lines.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:07 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
Granluras wrote:Chewie will you stop accepting democrats? Name me one Democratic cabinet official in the last forty years of republican presidencies, Chewie. As I said before, then only democrats will probably be junior staffers, like a person such as Ainsley Hayes (like we're about to get), a councilmember of the CEQ, a secret service agent, etc. Use common sense dude.

Eisenhower
- Martin Patrick Durkin, Secretary of Labor
- Robert Bernard Anderson, Secretary of the Treasury

Nixon
- John Connelly, Secretary of the Treasury

Ford
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Ambassador to the UN

Reagan
- Jeane Kirkpatrick, Ambassador to the UN
- William Bennett, Secretary of Education
- Lauro Cavazos, Secretary of Education

Bush II
- Norman Mineta, Secretary of Transportation

And that's just the people in the Cabinet proper, several Ambassadors and Under/Assistant Secretaries have crossed party lines.

Make your guy a moderate or blue dog and I’ll accept him. Biggest policies would be clearing of red tape, common sense protection of federal land, allowing reasonable mining and drilling. Carter is fairly moderate where your Department is concerned.

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:51 am

Alright. Me and Chewie have come to a few...executive conclusions.
  • We will allow a few [moderate] Democratic secretaries, however the majority should remain Republican - as was so for all the bipartisan cabinets yall are using as examples. Junior staffers can be whatever.
  • The POD will be Post-Reagan. Instead of Bush 41 we have Joseph O. Adams. Instead of Clinton, we have Jeffrey Blythe. Instead of Bush 43, we have Joseph O.V. Adams. Instead of Obama, we have Francisco Ortiz, first Hispanic-American President.
  • The Democratic challenger for President in 2016 was Henrietta Chelston, the first African-American/female Democratic candidate for President. She is now leader of the Disappointed Americans Caucus, an anti-Carter, liberal movement seeking to bolster the Democratic seats in the Congress in the 2018 Midterms and secure a Democratic presidency in 2020.
  • The Republican challenger was the Governor of Texas, Tomas Raulez, basically a more Hispanic Ted Cruz.

Sorry for any confusion this bickering might of caused, but I can assure you everything listed above is the mutually agreed upon status quo. We can now all go back to waiting for the IC and more applications. :)
Last edited by Granluras on Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:06 am

Last night me and Chewie were also discussing what the first...story arc of the roleplay will be. We came up with the following plan for how we can "coordinate" our first posts—
"Ok so basically, everyone starts out with an "introductory" post. These posts are self-explanatory, they are intended to introduce each person's character. For example, mine would be Richard in his office gathering some paperwork and preparing for the meeting, and fleshing out his personality.

All the posts will follow this formula, following their characters' movement through the White House. The reason why they are there this day, other than for daily briefings or the fact they work there, is because of what we discussed earlier—The First Hundred Days policy outline speech.

All the posts will end off with their characters arriving to the Roosevelt Room, when the President will then enter. Then the next post would be from you (el presidente), starting the meeting, and then we'll just progress into various reply posts and such until the meeting Is finished."

Keep this in mind for when we get the IC out.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

Granluras
Minister

Postby Granluras » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:09 am

Also this is for any newcomers: the positions we need filled ASAP, 'specially for the policy meeting, are the positions of Press Secretary, Deputy Chief of Staff, and Deputy Communications Director.

We could use the White House Counsel, but that position is set to be filled in the near-future and we will have an NPC Acting Counsel in the meantime.
Reminiscence

est. 2018

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse