NATION

PASSWORD

1912-1990 Era War IC (Semi-Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Das Kapital Region
Presidential Palace
April 1st,1927

President Rachlet Partenbré awoke to the sound of thunder from his window. Hastily throwing on a robe, he ran over towards his presidential office, picking up the phone and putting in a 7-4 before hearing a dull buzz as someone picked it up.
“Mr. President?”
“Did the weather report call for thunder?”
“Sir, those are howitzers.”
“H-Howitzers?! I thought we weren’t at war again?!”
“Well sir, I’m afraid to say that we’re at war again, they sound like Manticorian howitzers.”
Partenbré was impressed by the level of detail his aide knew according to such things, with his eyebrows being raised.
“Really? How can you tell?”
“The guns come from Manticore, their shells scream the sweet release of death. Our shells just babble on about mild flesh wounds from the shrapnel they send flying out.”
“Hm, we really should get that looked at, anyways, wait-what in the unholy mother of fuck?!”
“Sir, we’re at war with Manticore.”
“I..I never authorized such a bullshit endeavor, but I shall lead our country. Is the army mobilized?”
“It’s been mobilized for weeks, sir, though I must mention our economy-“
Before the concern could be brought to Partenbré’s attention, he changed the subject.
“What?! Inform the Generals of the Empire to meet with me at once, and have those field armies repel enemy forces immediate! I want the fucking navy out doing shit.”
“Sir, the latter point is already true, the fleet’s been sailing around for weeks.”
“Well fuck our coal levels then. We’ll talk later on, dismissed.”
With a slamming down of the receiver, a knot in his stomach forced him to the outhouse. Which was indoors of the mansion that stuck out like a Carriebeanian shit throwing diplomat at any social gathering. After thoroughly hunched over the bathroom for several minutes, he walked downstairs with a ghastly face where the military members loomed over maps.
“Generals, status update.”
“Sir, we’ve lost contact with the Army of the Hobo and Army of the Tramp. The Army of the Drunk, Army of the Damned, Army of the Saints, Army of the Flag, and the Army of the Old have reported in with little in the way of problems, though enemy forces have been sighted and they are engaging them. That is all.”
“How many men at arms is that in total?”
“Well, if this was optimal conditions for readiness, these six armies would constitute 1.2 million men, though only two of them are at full strength.”
“Those being?”
“Right sir, the army of the Hobos and Army of the Tramp. All other armies range from a quarter of their on paper numbers filled to half at best.”
“Half at best?! you mean to tell me we’ve declared war, got war declared on, and we’ve only got half at best in some of the armed forces we have?! What is your timetable on victory?”
“There is none sir, only a very delayed defeat with our models predicting a half year as the most optimistic outcome.”

“I want the full number of Carriebeanian Forces now.”
Being handed a small piece of paper, he trembled as he mused over the documentation.
CARRIEBEANIAN ORDER OF BATTLE
Army of the Hobo:
Chief of Staff First Class Ronald Matei
70,000 soldiers and 134 artillery pieces of the following type:
14,000 horses
24x Gatling Guns
28 x12 pounder Zhackary Cannons
40 x De Bange 90mm Cannons
22 x 1897 75mm Cannons
20 x Hoppes 75mm Stock Cannons

Army of the Tramp:
Chief of Staff First Class Edward Phelps
74,000 soldiers and 128 artillery pieces of the following type:
15,000 horses
22 x Gatiling Guns
30 x 12 pounder Zhackary Cannons
25 x De Bange 90mm Cannons
24 x 1897 75mm Cannons
20 x Hoppes 75mm Stock Cannons
9 x Nihon loaned 7cm Field Cannons

Army of the Drunk:
Chief of Staff Partch Bently Sr.
80,000 soldiers and 125 Artillery Pieces of the following type:
17,000 horses
49 x Nihon loaned 7cm Field Cannons
22 x De Bange 90mm Cannons
21 x 1897 75mm Cannons
20 x 12 Hotchkiss Revolving Cannons
13 x Nihon loaned Type 38 75mm Field Guns

Army of the Damned
Chief of Staff First Class William Phillips Godwinson
68,000 soldiers and 95 Artillery Pieces of the following types
9,000 horses
11 x Mitrailleuse Volley Guns
10 X QF Needle Volley Guns
28 X De Bange 90mm Cannons
11 X 1897 75mm Cannons
2 X Gatling Guns
22 X Nihon loaned Type 38 75mm Field Guns
11 X Nihon loaned 7cm Field Cannons

Army of the Saints:
Chief of Staff First Class Elijah Vickers Sylvester
59,000 soldiers and 88 Artillery Pieces of the following types
12,000 horses
10 x Nihon loaned 7cm Field Cannons
38 X De Bange 90 mm Cannons
40 X Gatling Guns

Army of the Flag:
President of the Lords Arnold Paltcher Williamson
70,000 soldiers and 70 Artillery Pieces of the following types
7,000 horses
35 X Nihon loaned 7cm Field Cannons
35 X De Bange 90mm Cannons

Army of the Old:
President of the Lords Charles Xavier Young
90,000 soldiers and 228 Artillery Pieces
15,000 Horses
79 X De Bange 90mm Cannons
38 X 1897 75mm Cannons
30 X Pickett 53mm Cannons
30 X Hotchkiss Revolving Cannons
20 X 12 pounder Zhackary Cannons
14 X Nihon loaned Type 38 10 cm Cannons
10 X Gatling Guns
7 X Nihon loaned Type 95 75mm Cannons
Total Size of Carriebeanian Armies as listed:
511,000 total Carriebeanian Soldiers, 89,000 horses and 868 Artillery Pieces organized for a total theoretical number of 25 fully war prepared divisions.

After a long pause in musing over the documents, Partenbré let out a deep sigh before slumping back in his chair. Gone was the vigor and rage that had once consumed his orifices every waking moment of his day.
“I’m not sure how long we can keep up with these wars…The most inevitable outcome will be our defeat, but I’d be silly if I wouldn’t say we could delay losing as much as possible. We’ve got half a million soldiers ready to die for the Empire, almost ninety thousand horses prepared to charge across the skulls of the dead and dying, and a few shy of nine hundred cannons being made alert and on guard for enemy troop movements. Still… It’s not enough. We’re going to need more. Is there any way we could muster together at most five divisions?”
“Sir, it will take some time, but that can be achievable, albeit with them using subpar weapons and training.”

“Compared to the regular army? They’d look like a bunch of cavemen next to the soldiers marching to war in rags! Equip the random joe with whatever guns we have, and ready the customary welcome wagons of the baby brigades and old lady dare to die corps.”
Chief of Staff Partch Bently Sr stood up from his chair, face now clearly reddened by the president’s remarks.
“Sir! The regular Army’s supply lines are under immense pressure, even with the limited repairs on the railroads, much of it still has to be hauled via wagon trains. These are the exposed veins of the Carriebeanian Army which might resemble blood. If the enemy was to strangle such supply roads with looming enemy planes or tanks, then we will be cut off. This in turn will lead to a worsening of morale among the men. I object to the establishment of mere throwaway units that will simply provide the only task in abetting our enemies by taking away desperately needed resources from frontline units!”

Chief of Staff First Class Elijah Vickers Sylvester also rose from his seat alongside Bently Sr.
“I concur! No soldier will fight on an empty stomach, if the food and logistical situation deteriorates faster, there will be no food within the granaries within two weeks! You have failed to maintain the farms, ignored basic hygienic procedures and spread plagues throughout the Empire! Hundreds of thousands of potential workers for defensive structures now are bed ridden or already captured by the enemy. In short, there will be famine, desertion and revolution! Did you forget about Casso’s rebellion?”

The President was taken aback by these statements, angrily firing back with this retort in the meeting room.
“Generals! I am well aware of the supply concerns of many soldiers and have seen to it personally that the men are supplied with adequate provisions. However, we must, unfortunately, face facts in that we are unable to feed everyone, and such cannibalism must be adopted. That is law now according to me. Should any of your armies run out of food, begin to whittle away at your numbers with the staff around you. That should provide sufficient sustenance for the armies to continue a full out offensive to crush the red menace and drive the enemy hordes from the gates of the capital again!”
“Sir, The Armies shall merely make do either by living off of the land of their general sectors or pillaging the surrounding areas. Cannibalism will only be used as a last resort. The Carriebeanian Armies may have a reputation for outdated technology, but I’ll be dammed if we ignore advancements in canning! I shall have all my soldiers eat canned shit and canned corn. We must preserve our ammunition supplies while furnishing several civilians behind the lines to manufacture such projects in vast warehouses in order to keep up with the demand for shells, bullets and carbines.”
“But if the civilians linger around in the reserves, they are wasting the good ‘waste’ and food we have, starving our own soldiers and making the defensive lines weaker as a result! I would rather expel the civilians or have them take up arms to march alongside us! I have problem with the civilians as combatants, but if we were to mobilize them as mosquitos alongside us, then that would lead to a collapse in food, a collapse in morale, and a collapse in the army!”

With a tempered look in his eyes, the president’s gaze met Sylvester’s, who shuddered slightly.
“Gentlemen. I can assure you that I have some confidence in the ability of the Carriebeanian soldier. Scores of Breyburgian and Rannorian soldiers are being cut down by our mass numbers against them. Their field guns are being turned against them, and our Calvary now runs rampant through their lines!”
“Sir, if you understood reality, you would know that is complete and utter bullshit! The Carriebeanian soldier is as much a threat to the enemy as he is to his own ally! The Carriebeanian Armies are in tatters, and even if we were at full strength, we’d be steamrolled thanks to shoddy communication, lack of modernization and poor battlefield tactics. I have had it with your excuses of ‘throw as many carriebeanian corpses between us and the enemy’! I would like for you to pick up a fucking carbine and march your ass to the front yourself! See for yourself how badly we’re losing! I just received word that Army of the Flag has moved to Nihonese territory for escape!”

The President’s face slowly turned a lighter shade of red before collapsing on his chair with a defeated sigh.
“All we can do now is hope for relief to arrive. Contact Nihonese and demand 24 divisions march over and save our asses! With their assistance, we shall be able to turn the tide. I’m not particularly proud of such things, but I suppose I have no other options at my disposal. Call for help. This meeting is dismissed until further notice.”
With a snappy salute, the generals left the defeated President as their beloved country collapsed around them. The orders were fairly vague, though the more zealous patriots formed Capital Defense Units of three hundred armed old women with grenades and carbines.

Dispatch to the Nation of Nihon
Encryption: What the everloving mother of fuck is that?
The Carriebeanian Government and respective ministers does humbly and urgently request military aid in the form of firearms and bombs, along with men to transport said weapons across the front line to ensure maximum carnage against the enemy forces which now sweep through Carriebean like the bubonic plague.
Should this request be granted, an immediate transfer of 4.2 billion cubic tons of human shit shall be dispatched as a gift of the utmost wonder for such a support, along with 4,200,000 Sais worth in golden shit nuggets intermingled with the human shit, so have fun looking through the shit to find gold. The special fire like diplomatic ties the Carriebeanian nation has with it’s longtime ally shall never be extinguished, only dimmed or brightened.

Carriebean City
Barricades of immense piles of whatever armed civilians could get their hands on were formed up, ranging from entire furniture pieces to primitive stone heaths removed via sledgehammer from the walls of the stone buildings. Thousands of Carriebeanian soldiers outside of the city hammered together stakes and cattle wire to ensure maximum confusion, with several trenches filled with explosives being hastily assembled, though in the haste some of them were not properly armed.

It was in this atmosphere of yet another siege brought the 79 year old Baron von Goethe walking along the cobblestone roads, the sound of his cane thwacking along as he looked around at the sights. Several women were hastily baking bread from a mostly sawdust comprised bread, along with some fresh water being hauled up in buckets with exhausted looking children carrying them around.
Goethe turned his head to see the sights of thirty Carriebeanian soldiers that were chips off his old block, cane less and shouldering a smorgasbord of Carriebeanian firearms, from a bow and quiver to an elderly man to an old woman cradling a shotgun in her arms as carefully as she would hold her grandson. Two men were lugging a donkey through the streets, still stubbornly tugging at it with a three thousand pound Gatling gun behind it at a snail’s pace. A feeling of disappointment filled Goethe’s eyes as he wandered down another street as the faint sound of artillery boomed in the distance.

Council of the Vendee

Judge-Chair of the Council of the Vendee Jullian Davenport Robespierre fruitlessly gaveled madly in order to bring the legislative session to order. After some much appreciated help from Carriebeanian soldiers, the delegates took their seats along four central blocks of seats per both the poor and church classes. Established in 1408, The Council of the Vendee used to be a somewhat important government mechanism as a check on the powers of absolute monarchy by more enlightened individuals and figures close to the monarch and the people.
It preformed the role with much corruption and incompetence until it’s graceful dissolution of charter by King Alexander III in 1633. It stood dormant and unused for the next 294 years until it was called back by the President to get around taxation and mostly used as a snub by ambassadors and their staff with a recent meeting involving Manticorian diplomats.

(13 members from nobility
14 members from the Carriebeanian Imperial Army
54 members from church classes
103 members from poor classes)

In the way the voting worked, all the delegates votes would be weighted via the collective block that voted for or against legislation, with it being necessary with a simple 3/4th’s Majority to pass.
Soon the numerous miniature conversations died on the tongues of their respective politicians or priests, the spouse of the Imperial Monarch, Queen-Consort Godwin Lorraine of Drunkenwell rose from her seat at the rear of the room to address the delegates in the prestigious manner.
“My Beloved Subjects of the Realm of the Crown of Saint Jack and Bishop Sparrow, Since the date of our lord the Ninth Day of May from his holy calendar year of 1633, the Council of the Vendee has remained defunct. Not today, as we approach together with a new legislative purpose. We shall reaffirm our political powers back from the incompetent Congress with our legislative might! I do declare the following:
1. That legislative power will be shared along with Parliament and Congress with the Council of the Vendee having veto authority over any and all legislation passed by either legislative chamber.
2. In order for such a veto to be brought up, any member of this assembly must bring up a note of concern with at least 22 other signatures by other concerned members of the Council. It shall then be voted on for a full floor vote by myself, the Monarch or Consort and the Lord-Minister of Saint Depuis.
3. Should it pass, a full floor vote with the respective houses will be called, with the needing of just three of the four classes agreeing to the proposal. Any such legislative proposals by Congress, the House of Nobles, House of Peasants and House of the People will live or die here.”

CONCERING THE RECENT DECLARATION OF WAR ON BREYBURG
I. Many of his majesty’s delegates are concerned with the recent wars and wish to bring peace back to Carriebeanian Soil. As such Carriebeanian Military Forces must stop fighting and rush back to their beloved plantations for such a massive endeavor of infrastructure to be undertaken to boost our flailing economic growth.
II. Inasmuch, the delegation does find the justification of such military endeavors to be against basic common sense and decent morality of any and all people of god’s green earth. It is repugnant against the good souls of Carriebeanian hospitality and of the church. God would condemn those who take up arms against their own brother.
III. We have, indeed, discovered that the proper procedures for declaring war upon either a entity, persons, or sovereign nationstate according to the Carriebeanian Constitution, were not followed. In order for a declaration of war to be deemed legal in the eyes of such a legislative document, it must be voted on by Congress for it to be legal. As this case was not followed, the act of war by the propaganda machine is deemed illegal. In order to avoid holy decimation, the assembly sees fit for a vote of the vetoing of the illegal declaration of war against Breyburg.
AYE: 3 (Nobility-10, Church-30, Peasants-54) [Army-2] \total Aye votes:96
NAY:1 (Army-12) – [Nobility-3 Church-24 Peasants-49] \total Nay votes:88

With a smile greeting Robespierre’s face, a messenger strode into the ancient looking legislative chambers and presented him a small envelope. It was from the President himself. Opening It’s contents, he laughed slightly before folding it back into his pocket. In the chatter filled hallways of the assembly room, slightly swaying gas lamps illuminated the various smoking and talking politicians. He enters his personal office and locks the door behind him, going over to a telephone which sat on the dust caked surface of the desk. Rolling around the numbers a few times, his hand lifted up the receiver to his ear to listen to a very wheezy voice on the other end of the line.
“Is this Robespierre?”
“Yes. Why must you ask me now?”
“You’re going off on a meeting. When you arrive at the embassy, ask for Dupont Depuis. He’ll explain everything else there.”
With a shrug, the somewhat important political head left the conference area, boarded a small train and clopped along the road towards his new destination.

Carriebeanian Army of the Hobos (70,000 men and 134 guns)

Chief of Staff First Class Ronald Matei was drifting softly to sleep while the sound of obnoxious snoring emanated from the aides and officers surrounding him. He soon blinked his eyes awake at dawn in order to relive himself. Staring outside at the still visible arena of vast stars made him awe inspired, if tired and needing to take a piss. Once he had relived himself, the sounds of motorized vehicles instantly drew attention to him.
“You, rank?”
“Disun Commander Iwana Die sir.”
“Alright then, I want you to go investigate who in the hell is driving this early in the morning.”
With a snappy salute, the soldier walked over with frantic arm movements in one hand while gripping his colt revolver in the other before a burst of machine gun fire cut the man down as the force advanced towards the army.
Leaping into action, Matei ran from tent to tent, commanding the troops to make ready battle formation.
“All Men Battlestations! We’re being invaded!”
The whole scene was a confused mess of people fiddling around with their overalls and military uniforms, with soldiers throwing together some revolutionary actual bread for the soldiers to munch on before shouldering their rifles, carbines and manning the Gatling guns which opened up to match enemy machine gun fire. The irregular sound of multiple chambers being rotated blending nicely with the machined and industrially uniform rat tat tat tat of the enemy machine guns going off from their speeding armored cars.
However, the accents of such a foreign force almost immediately gave them away, and confused many soldiers.
“Hoosiers? Why are the Hoosiers invading?” It would be the last thought going through the mind of Matei before he tripped and landed face first on a landmine, ripping his body and an enemy armored car’s to shreds in a brilliant fireball. The Carriebeanian forces were thrown back into chaos, with many of them fleeing while desperate rear guard actions were being held up to limited effect, as the enemy only dispatched a portion of their force to the rear guard while moving on after the fleeing enemy soldiers in a massacre like state.
With that, over 130 Carriebeanian cannons and close to 55,000 Carriebeanian soldiers were taken prisoner. Carriebeanian forces lost 5,000 soldiers within the first few minutes of confused fighting. A seventh of the fighting forces size along with Chief of Staff First Class Ronald Matei were able to escape through a canyon that was impassable to enemy vehicles on horseback. Based on his muted accounts, the commander failed to see no more than a hundred enemy bodies lying alongside the thousands of Carriebeanian corpses. The Fight was over in less than twenty minutes with a complete rout of the Carriebeanian forces.

The demoralized second in command, Chief of Staff First Class Aide Yosemite Darnell, was one of those soldiers pushing and shoving his way towards a based mountain, with a vast slopping valley on either side.
“Forwards men! Retreat!”
“The War is lost! We must capitulate!”
“I shall rather die than capitulate, Attack!”
The Carriebeanian army soon organized itself into three distinct portions (15,000 van, 20,000 center and 20,000 reserve) with a warpath style vanguard blasting away with the colt revolving carbines until their ammunition was bled dry, resorting either to picking off of the corpses of the growing number of dead or charging in with their cutlass, being mowed down as they attempted to close in on the slopping valley where enemy fire rained down upon them.
The Carriebeanian Van’s dead totaled 11,456 killed with another 1,039 wounded
The Carriebeanian Middle was a much less active fighting force, with it being comprised on many former slaves, often out of five minute training after being reluctantly “handed over” by their masters to take up arms for the black white and red tricolor of Carriebean. Often after eight minutes of sustained enemy fire and with plenty of dead corpses of their comrades surrounding them, they would raise vast white flags and only be disarmed once the vanguard was wiped out.
Carriebeanian Middle’s dead was only 2,245 killed with 7,000 taken prisoner.
The Rearguard’s forces did not have the stomach for such a prolonged engagement, and so after only a slightly longer time of ten minutes of sustained fire, the Carriebeanian rear broke ranks en mass to flee towards many directions, akin to a shattered glass.
Carriebeanian Rearguard’s losses totaled 1,478 killed with 10,098 taken prisoner with 8,424 escaping.

Boarder of Landstriecher
Carriebeanian Army of the Tramps (74,000 men and 128 guns)

Chief of Staff First Class Edward Phelps kept a sharp eye out with the rest of his soldiers. The Army had been mobilized for a full year now, continuing to see action in aggressive raids by enemy forces. While those had been undoubtly in violation of various international treaties, the diplomatic side of him would shrug his shoulders at this.
Unlike many generals within the Carriebeanian armed forces, he distrusted the neutrality of the Breybergian State, and could only shake his head at the news of war when the government’s idiotic decision came in. Nevertheless, Phelps had planned meticulously for such an occurrence.
The Carriebeanian Army’s strategic position was excellent, the only way through the Carriebeanian positions was a thorn bush infested dry segment of the bush. Two dozen Gatling and milltiuse cannons had been set up within the surrounding green areas to ambush the enemy. Still, he had his reservations about the ability to hold armor if it did come, and so only allocated 10,000 soldiers dug in merely to hold off and delay enemy forces long enough to enable defensive positions to be fully manned.
Most of his military strength and about 60,000 soldiers waited in long snaking rows of trenches gaining height with each successive line. There were little in the way of connections to the other trenches, nessciting a steady climb up such a steep inclimb. A messenger soon stumbled off his horse, handing Phelps a message in very shaky handwriting which informed him of enemy forces approaching.
No sooner had he said that, the loud booms of thunder were heard, except it was too cold for such thunderous clouds to be clapping in the skies…
“Get down!” He soon yanked the messenger’s head under a table as a shrapnel shell exploded above their positions, spraying several soldiers with horrific metallic fragments as blood began to flow. More artillery slammed into the positions of Carriebeanian soldiers, evaporating many men where they stood, only leaving the gruesome shadows.
“Here comes the enemy!” the commander peered desperately with his monocles, squinting at the felled trees as mines went off and gunfire was faintly heard. Elsewhere, battle positions were hastily manned by the rows of trenches as lit gunpowder barrels were readied in the main magazine of the Carriebeanian Army. The sound of machine gun fire, Gatling gun fire, carbine fire and the firm smell of black powder filled the air for many of the sweat soaked soldiers who kept up a blistering, if mostly inaccurate hail of bullets and grenades.

Vicarina

The Speeding staff car was the only sight on the foreign roads, much to the amused terror of the locals, who often fled perfectly to avoid being run over by the driver with too much whiskey and rum to swallow. Being flown around in the back of the poor metallic contraption was Carriebeanian Ambassador to Manticore Dupont Depuis, with another smack on the thin metallic safety bar via his forehead whenever the driver slammed on the brakes.
“Son of a bitch.. watch out!” The driver quickly turned the wheel when his attention was brought to an old lady crossing the street, with a sickening crunch, the old lady died under the wheels of the newest Carriebeanian civilian staff car, the Drunkenwell Mark I, with a top speed of 30 miles per hour and absolutely shit suspension on all but the flattest terrain. With a stern glare at the driver, Depuis leapt out of the metallic death trap and slammed open the front doors after flashing his credentials and sitting down at the opposite end of the oak table where the delegates and ambassadors sat. Fiddling with a cigar, he stuck it in his mouth and flashed a middle finger to the Rusklandr delegation before smiling at the Manticorian hosts. Shortly after another man with a trench coat and umbrella smiled before sitting down.

“Greetings, I’m Judge-Chair of the Council of the Vendee Jullian Davenport Robespierre. This unfortunate son of a bitch next to me is Ambassador to Manticore Dupont Depuis, who shall also act as a partial interpreter for confusing words such as ‘w-a-r-c-r-i-m-e-s.’.”
With only a few startled and confused looks being shot at them, both Robespierre and Depuis remained seated and silent until Robespierre leapt up from his seat at the prospect of a demilitarized Carriebean.
“What the fuck?! If the Carriebeanian Government is incompetent warmongers, then you people have no reason on earth to disband the Carriebeanian Imperial Army! If you can rest assured at a 99% success rate when the average meal in Carriebean is human shit with plenty of salt and pepper, then there’s little incentive to nip this problem in the butt. You will always win, Carriebean will always lose, the status quo in political powers will never alter or swing in our favor!
If anything, the Carriebeanian Army needs to be strengthened with more funding and incompetent officers we handpick from the slums. These hobo officers rise to command soldiers numbering in the hundreds of thousands, faintly reading if they are literate military tactics from the 17th and 18th centuries. There is no reason for any military on Allah’s green earth for a military force, well versed in the art of loosing wars with two hands shoved up their asses, to be diminished in size.
We’ll probably skirt the restrictions with a misplacing on official government documents that we’ll send to you, though the overall literacy rate is 4 and a half percent. Honestly that’s a new record. Wait? Accepting Central Powers Occupation?! Oh hell no. Hell no. Hell naw bitch. Once you drive your forces over the exhausted Carriebeanian corpse, then we might be willing for profitable and vindictive negotiations involving the future of Carriebeanian affairs.”
After Robespierre’s face glowed red with anger, Depuis gently sat him down as the meeting continued throughout the day. Before Robespierre was to get into another shouting match, Depuis got up from his seat and dragged him outside before locking the door.

“Now, I apologize for my contemporary’s outburst. I’m sure the Carriebeanian Government and your people will be able to come to a thoroughly win-win solution regarding the Carriebeanian Imperial Navy and Army. How about we offer this middle ground in disbanding with your supervision, our entire air force of 200 planes? We shall also assist in the demining of several civilian centers which have been left over as a result of our overcautious planning for operation blind faith. On top of this, we shall officially spike a total of 300 of our cannons as a sign of goodwill.”

As he sat down with a murmured response by his critics, both the Nihonian and Manticorian delegations began to exchange verbal blows and facts. The Carriebeanian diplomat was impressed by the fiery tempers on both sides, albeit his maintained a stone filled, emotionless face as both gentlemen spat at each other verbally. Finally seeing a window of opportunity, Depuis rose from his seat to address them.

“I shall first come to the defense of our Nihonese allies, as three full days is enough time for at least a ‘basic’ investigation to come to a conclusion of war against a hostile enemy. I, in fact, applaud their long debates and restraint in warfare, something which we modeled until we sent in thousands of peacekeepers to ensure order and stability. I must also add, that we offered a nonpartisan solution, yet none of the parties involved response back. It’s bitterly disappointing that we now find ourselves in this situation, but we must not mope on the past, but rather, look to the future.”
Taking a pause in his speech, he unwrapped a small tin flask before swigging a few of it down with a retired look in his eyes before returning to speaking slightly slurred.
“Rum, aged from 1855.
Now, I would like to emphasize here that we never recognized the country of Parsa, merely acknowledging them as an unfair and burdened tributary vassal of the greater and wicked Aydinirian Empire. We were to merely occupy a few towns along the way, ensure the people were enslaved, raped and had no place to live after burning it down, but it was all part of the peacekeeping efforts. The mission statement cooked up by our bureaucrats states this.”

He then unfolds a paper from his pocket and a small case containing some glasses, laying the document on the table for all to see, which reads:

The Mission Statement regarding foreign affairs with Aydiniria and Nihon, authorized by his Illustrious Divinity Tyler the Second, Protector of Carriebean and Wearer of his most Blessed Crown of the Catholic Faith, on this day of our lord July 7th,1926.

AWARE of the historical significance of the Parsi region to the states currently involved in the current conflict, and with notable claims to such a vast territory among the world political establishment.
CONCERNED with the outbreak of rampant violence between the Nihonese military forces and the Aydiniran Operational Forces currently dispatched as of our knowledge.
DEMANDING the complete and total security of Carriebeanian Naval assets and trade personnel from such an inhospitable terrain and hostile people.
DISAPPOINTED with the rejection of this demand and outraged at the embargo imposed on us by the Manticorian Dictatorship, does declare on this day of our lord July 7th, 1926 to authorize an expedition of peacekeepers to the region and to convey diplomatic overtures to surrounding states to ensure cool heads prevail.

“Now, one of the main problems we have is our antiquated system of communication, which if there are any veterans from the 1870s still lingering around, you’d know that we utilize gunshots with an entire alphabet of how many shots equals which letter or blank command depending on the type of the gun and what sound it makes. For example, an officer’s colt carbine will be used by a Tensun Third Class with his 5,000 soldiers to command them, while a general might utilize a 12 pounder napoleon cannon to command armies of over 100,000 strong into battle. Sure we utilize messenger boys on horseback, but gunfire is fun.
There is an old saying in my country, gentlemen, ‘You can only teach a Carriebeanian man that he cannot be taught.’
With another swig from his rum, he then turned his attention to the Aydinirian diplomat with an aghast face and slurred speech emanating from his mouth, a noticeable side effect from the alcohol he was drinking.

“War crimes? You must be as mad as a Carriebeanian whore! The nation of Carriebean never commits such low levels of barbarism. I understand that the struggles of such a large campaign will lead men to do things no man should do within my lifetime, but Carriebean did not commit any such horrible actions. Now, if you were to have documented proof in the form of dead bodies, burned out villages and the slight chance that we may be sending a thousand sized relief force to the village to ensure proper genocide.

All of those attacks were merely Carriebeanian soldiers defending themselves by killing all the villagers and burning their homes down, completely according to the proper carriebeanian laws which permit such activities of nobility. Though I have heard rumors of the apparent barbarism of my men, which are to be taken with grains of salt until thorough investigations are launched into such allegations. If anything, we’d be better off rounding them off for the glorious slave markets which boost our economy. It’s been rumored that a Parsi bitch will net you 80,000 Sais at the first bid.”

He sat back down after the last part, face filled with a toothy grin as he took another large swig from his aged rum before listening to the words of the Aydiniran diplomat.
“There’s no coincidence in such a matter, as we are faithfully supporting our ally in the diplomatic great game of the day! It’s merely a matter of pride for the Carriebeanian Nation, actively seeking out one or two small incidents to ensure proper circulation of blood. The Carriebeanian Foreign policy, even before there were rumors of such a legal military action by Nihonese forces, was predetermined to get itself involved in such a quagmire. The military logic that fueld such interesting policy options was mostly a need to not just faithfully back Nihonese military adventures and rightful excursions, but also to enable the Carriebeanian military to get it’s hands dirty fighting and not eating shit sandwiches, which reminds me…”
He then undid the straps on a small suitcase and pulled out a slice of bread with a piece of shit log jammed on it, shoving the entire thing in his mouth before smiling and gesturing to a bag filled with shit and slices of fluffy white bread. After no one, surprisingly, took up his offer, he finished his meal before continuing.

“Ah, that hit the spot. Now where was I?- Right! Now, with regards to the mission of our peacekeepers, they were not intended to stop Nihonese forces in the slightest, with orders simply to march until they see a town and then fortify the loving bejesus out of it. It was intended to be repeated en mass with thousands of more peacekeepers to ensure stability in various ‘pockets of liberty’, which shall have the soldiers form of committees and begin to spread both democracy and civilization to the uncivilized savages of your country.

Though I will be the first to admit that both the First Carriebeanian Administrative Republic President Julian Theodore Wilkie and his unfortunate predecessor have taken to harsh means in order to spread such a democratic message. However, democracy cannot simply spread by words alone, there must be sacrifices, albeit perhaps we might have preferred human sacrifice compared to cannibalism for those populations, huh… I’ll have to write this down sometime….oh yes…oh god yes!”
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Caribbean

The first major engagement of the war with Newne Caribbean ended as quickly as it began. The Caribbean "soldiers" that stood in the way of the Hoosier advance collapsed like a house of cards. Artillery, machine gun, and rifle fire raked through the Caribbean ranks and allowed the Totalists to advance easily. More and more Caribbean soldiers surrendered to Hoosiers, and each one was taken to the rear where prison camps were being set up to house the POWs. Food, water, and shelter would be provided to all those who surrender, and the basic subsistence of the camps would seem like paradise to the mistreated Caribbeans. As the Hoosiers celebrated their easy victory and rounded up the dead and wounded, the head of the corps advancing into Caribbean, Lieutenant General Kyle Ronin, ordered the highest ranking officer that survived be brought to him. Once he was, Lieutenant General Ronin would offer him a deal. The proposition was that, in exchange for clemency and full pardons of Caribbean soldiers at the end of the war, the officer would aid Hoosier propaganda efforts and attempt to convince the remaining Caribbean forces in the country to lay down their arms and accept Central Alliance occupation in order to bring peace to the constantly war torn land.

All along the front with Caribbean, Hoosier forces were ordered to advance as quickly as they could manage without spreading their supplies lines too thin. The goal was to occupy as much of Caribbean land as possible before the war ended.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:57 pm

The Second Fall of Rannoria

The Situation at Hand
Rannoria

Hate. That was the feeling expressed by the average Rannorian onto their enemies and onto each other. Through this damned and god-forsaken period of time, only hope and hate have sustained the populace of Rannoria. When the Rusklandrs arrived, the RSF took in their aid, although many could see that the Rusklandrs could and would take Rannorian territory for their own. When the Boers arrived, the (now highly popular) S.F.C-F.A.K front was formed, and with their southern brothers' aid, they managed to hold out. But the Western League was a different case. They were always a different case. To the average Rannorian, the Western League were scoundrels - people who were born from less than the scum of the Earth on which everyone walked on. Already, it did not help that the Western League was not viewed as a paragon of all things that are great in the world (much rather the opposite actually), and so when news came that both Wargloria and Aclus were coming, and that the RSF would do almost nothing about it, they were furious. Not only at the foreigners for being there, but also at their own leaders, in whose incompetence they were forced to live under. In the beginning of April, it was estimated by the Commander of the Red Army that there were around 600,000 men defending the Rannorian south. Since then, and even prior to that, though, the S.F.C-F.A.K Front only gained more in numbers. Numbers not only in military size and strength, but also in leadership. After news had broke out that the Commander of the Rannorian Security Forces, Josye Kane, believed that the Aclusians and Warglorians were aiding the RSF, and soon after hearing tales about how the Aclusians razed and destroyed cities, Rannorians from the north fled to the south to where the syndicalists were being pushed back to. Although it was a long journey for some, and even longer for many others, many men, women, and children finally made it to the south, where the syndicalists were able to dig in and fortify on a river near to or on the frontline itself. With these increased numbers, red army numbers were able to jump to 900,000 by the end of the half-month, with their strength only increasing.

[The Southern Rannorian Front]

In the meanwhile, though, as RSF forces faced obliteration, some (less loyal) generals, officers, and commissioned units fled south too. Some realised the lost cause they were fighting for in the north, and despite Rusklandr support, many doubted that the combined forces of the RSF and Ruskland would do well. As trained men fled south, they brought with them experience too, and with experience came a better fighting chance. Although many RSF soldiers were, at first, glanced at and looked down upon, many began to realise that, with the increased encroachment of the Western League forces onto the old capital of Rannkradle, soon the old order of Rannoria would fall. Although this would be a victory for the syndicalists in one form, many quickly realised that this would only be the case if the red banner flew over the remains of the now burned-down Zee Prlmnt, and the current case instead being the fall of Rannoria as a nation, this time forever. And so, begrudgingly or with open arms, the syndicalists let the old RSF members into their ranks, sharing experience and improving on training and tactics.

The Fall of Rannkradle
Rannoria

Unfortunately, it would soon be known that the city of Rannkradle would be surrounded and, soon, be eventually fired upon. As Western League forces could be seen in the distance, and as foreign planes flew overhead, many citizens and soldiers expected the sound of bombs to fall, and the sound of artillery to fire. Instead, papers were dropped, and on them, instructions on how to flee the zone. With much sorrow, many citizens and even some soldiers abandoned the now-crippled and charred city. Soon, though, as the last leaflets were dropped, the familiar sound of artillery shells whirring through the air and crashing into Rannkradle soil rang throughout the city, and so the RSF's last defense began.

Although this news didn't reach the south until after Rannoria fell, its effects would be felt all over Rannoria. With the fall of Rannkradle comes the defeat of the RSF, and with the defeat of the RSF leaves the SFC-FAK Front and its Red Army as the last bastion of Rannoria. Although some men mourned the loss of the beacon of the old Rannorian democracy, many others took it as a sign to take courage, and continue onwards. After all, it was a Rannorian who began the blaze which burned down the capital building of Rannoria, and no one else. As lives would be lost in one of the greatest cities in the world, many men and women took this as a sign. Now, the proper end of a free Rannoria was near. In the south, those employed by the Red Army would soon bolster and double their efforts in training and discipline, rallied on by the cry for help sent by the fall of Rannkradle. Now, a common hatred for their enemies and the overwhelming sense of patriotism united the people, leaving them to fight until the last men. Until now, guerilla efforts independent of the Red Army and the RSF in now-occupied territory had been minimal, but the call to save a dying nation would be heard by men living in villages and cities would be heard. People took up whatever arms they could find, whether it be farm tools, bladed weapons or any weapons left behind by old battlefields. Although the guerilla forces would have little effect currently, as their numbers were still small, uncoordinated, and dispersed, they began to do what any Rannorian could do - fight for their country.

The south of Rannoria no longer stood as a bastion of Rannorian syndicalism. It stood as a bastion of Rannoria itself.

[A Picture of Unorthodox Rannorian Red Armymen]

[Another Group of Red Army Soldiers]
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:51 pm

The State of The Realm
April 13th, 1927

The Norcourtian Military for the most part had pulled out of Leersog, leaving behind an adequate garrison, including a defensive fleet, and two divisions of men. The 13th Elixian Legion, alongside the Lucky 7th Army, were on leave in Sicalia, many going to the coast, and the red light district, to have a good time. Dak Hesley had married his beloved Zarine in the past few months, with him spending much time back home Galia with his newly wedded wife.

Last edited by Norcourt on Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Vicuna, Manticore
Department of State
April 1, 1927

Foreign Minister Baron Kijūrō Shidehara

The man named Mr. Francis laughed... he actually laughed... how disrespectful. And this man was a diplomat? "You expect me to believe that a Prime Minister condemning a criminal act and the words of two nations who are outspoken allies and supporters of your regime count as corroboration of your claims? If there is any corroboration, I demand to see the investigation reports. I want witness testimonies, suspect interrogations, and the sworn testimonies of experts. But you did none of that. It took you a mere three days to go from the attack in Manchuko to declaring war on the Parsa. Far too little time for an investigation to be conducted. Your statements about our condemnation of your use of chemical weapons in Carriebean are irrelevant to the current discussion. We didn't declare war upon you. We merely condemned the use of chemical weapons in such an irresponsible way. Then to move onto your claims that the government of the Kingdom of Parsa is illegitimate because you and your puppet governments haven't recognized it is absurd. The Kingdom of Parsa is officially recognized by every nation sitting at this table, with the notable exception of your own. It is laughable that you would consider the stance of your government and its puppets to sway the international community. In reality, you have conducted an invasion of a sovereign state based on mere claims that they were complicit in an attack on your puppet in Manchuko. You claim that you will sacrifice the lives of all of your citizens if war comes. I can assure you, if war does come, the Empire is willing to put your claim to the test. We are no strangers to high casualties. We are no strangers to war. I can assure you, Mister Matsudaira, your nation does not know war. What you have experienced in Carriebean and in Parsa is but a mere game compared to what will befall you should you continue upon this course. Yes, millions will die. That is why we are here, to prevent that. But, should you choose war, rest assured that you will lose. The only question is if your people can cash the check your lips have signed."

Ambassador Matsudaira stood up to reply. At this point, he was no longer pleased. "Mr. Francis, no matter your disrespectful, undiplomatic actions, I am prepared to release witness testimony, and reports of the Manchuko civil police and the Kenpeitai. Additionally, zero suspects were interrogated due to our great Kenpeitai force managing to eliminate all hostiles. We would also like to point out the Parsa is not a puppet nation to Aydinir, an enemy of Nihon, so thus your nation's bias. Our actions were not an invasion, but a peaceful securing of the nation." Now he smiled before continuing, " I will not sacrifice the lives of all my citizens when war comes. They will do it themselves for out glorious Emperor! When war comes, you may test our will, but our will for war is stronger then that of yours. I would also like to point to the fact that Nihon has not lost a naval battle for the past 180 years. From battling the ancient Wokoku pirates, to the more recent battles with the honorable Carriebean Fleet, the nation of Nihon has not lost a single battle. Nihon and its people have fought in many battles throughout history, much more bloody than any of your pointless battles you have lost. We know war better than you, as we have existed longer than you."

The man then said ""If you launch any attack on the Kingdom of Parsa, the Empire will consider it an act of war upon the Empire. It is the opinion of Queen Catherine that the continued independence of the Kingdom of Parsa is of vital importance to the security of the Empire. Therefore, should you attempt to make good on your threat, rest assured that the response will be swift and your Emperor will not be pleased. As for your claims of war crimes, there is documented evidence of Carriebean war crimes committed in Parsi villages, where Carriebean soldiers rounded up and murdered innocent civilians. However, there is also merit to the claims of similar crimes being committed by the Parsa. Therefore, it is my proposal that we seek a third party to investigate the allegations. No reparations will be demanded by anyone until the investigation is concluded and the reports filed."

Shidehara stood to reply, and said "We are not afraid of war, and we also plan for it carefully, instead of acting out rashly. On another note though, Nihon encourages a third party investigation conducted by a nation not involved in the Central Alliance, the Imperial Bloc, or the Indianium Alliance. I suggest one is conducted by the great nation of Wargloria. But a more neutral party would be acceptable, such as Traansval."

Later, the man replied to Matsudaira saying, "That is unacceptable. Either make the arrangements to have Aydinirian citizens returned to Aydinir or these talks will not continue."

Ambassador Matsudaira replied quickly, "I would have to speak with my superiors. Yet transportation and such shall not be conducted by Nihon for free. Aydinir must pay for such, or they shall swim. And no Central Alliance, or any other ship that does not have proper authorization will go unharmed if they enter Nihonese waters."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Aydinirian had said "... Mr. Shidehara, be sure I appreciate your empty threats, but we all know Nihon is unable to do that. If Nihon was able to do that and provide itself with so overwhealming firepower and air superiority, why didn't the Nihonese Empire do that a long time ago? Why didn't you, as you eloquently put it, 'total bombed Parsi forces' as soon as you declared your criminal war on the Parsi People? From what I know, Nihon has a great problem with sending enough planes to feed its trapped forces in Opus and avoid their total destruction. And if you deny Nihonese warcrimes, there are Parsi representatives in the Aydinirian delegation that were the victims and first hand observers of said Nihonese warcrimes. Quite frankly, I find it hilarious that you not only deny those artocities and war reparations for Parsa, but even demand war reparations to be given to Nihon, for the war Nihon itself started. If you want, Mr. Shidehara, I can send their testimonies to you. News of the massacres commited by the Nihonese in places like Vâkhsh, Nahavand, Stakhr or Bârâzjan have already spread wide in Parsa and the Aydinirian Empire. Perhaps it is finally a time for the international community to hear about them as well."

"Nihon has a very large fleet of planes that operates worldwide, yet you should know, zero Nihonese military planes can provide supplies to Opus, so other planes are in use. If you were familiar with international laws and such, you would make such a silly statement. Nihon has not committed any war crimes. I have Nihonese troops and other former Parsi citizens who are loyal to Nihon ready to testify so. I wish you had to courtesy to cite the treaty or laws Nihon has signed that would constitute so called war crimes." No massacres occurred in the Parsi, except for that of the Carriebean force, and those committed by such force." Replied Shidehara, showing calm, yet extremely outraged by such unproven accusation.

What a fanatic this man was, as he said "Those militant anti-Aclusian groups were operating there for the last 50 years, since the Aclusians entered and illegally occupied Kingdom of Yindrai. If the Nihonese Empire is so concerned by the situation in Yindrai, why send their forces only now, and not let's say... 5 or 7 years ago? Why is an uninvolved third party sending thousands of men to the disputed area in the midst of the international crisis? The situation in Yindrai nothing new, and none of the Nihonese buissness. It is, however, clearly a Nihonese provocation against the Aydinirian Empire. I will repeat it once again: Divine Emperor, praised may be His name, through the Princess-Regent, demands complete withdrawal of all Nihonese troops from Yindrai and release of detained Aydinirian citizens. This should be the first steps of Nihon on the road to ease international tensions and avert escalation of this crisis ".

Matsudaira replied, "Nihon has had troops in Aclusian Raj for a long period of time. And large garrisons there, since the creation of the Aclusian Indianium Army Group, which should now be renamed to the Aclusian Raj Army Group. We shall not have our troops removed as long as a threat is posed to Aclusian Raj. So if Aydinir agrees to remove troops 12 miles from the Aclusian border, and cuts funding to rebellious groups in the area, Nihonese forces will leave. And if you declare the his holiness, the great King of the Aclusian Empire, Emperor of Indianium, King George VI, the Emperor of Indianium, Nihon will consider ending patrols in the areas around your islands."

The man later said, "Mr. Matsudaira, please note that if you call confirmation of your claims by Crimetopolis and Newe Carriebean a confirmation by a 'thrid party', then Parsi claims should be also acknowledged by a completely neutral third party. Namely, Aydinirian Empire. When Nihon invaded Parsa, we called for international, neutral and unbiased investigation of those alleged terrorist attacks. Yet Nihonese Empire refused to listen and invaded almost immediately. By a strange coincidence, neutral third party nations of Crimetopolis and Newe Carriebean were the first, and may I add the only ones, to support Nihonese invasion of Parsa. Frankly, I find Carribean confirmation of anything worth less than a desert sand, giving the fact that Carribean force of "Peacekeepers" sent to Parsa to prevent Nihonese invasion and stabilize situation, invaded Parsa itself, commited a mass murder of civilizans at Dormitar and then declared the city, or rather its ruins, as the capital of the Carribean Republic of Dormitar. You cannot possibly present Carribean confirmation of your claims as anything close to credible. Moreover Mr. Matsudaira, you were so kind as to point out Mr. Francis alleged lack of awerness in the field of international politics. So I too would suggest to you Mr. Matsudiara to be more aware of your international politics before you act as a diplomat for your great nation and embarrass yourself. You said that, and I will let's myself quote you,even the Prime Minister Ârash Shahzadi of Aydinir declared the attack on Nihon as quote "shameful and cowardly". False. Prime Minister Ârash Shahzadi is not of Aydinir. He is not, nor ever was, a member of the Aydinirian Government. Instead, Mr. Ârash Shahzadi was, is, and probably long will be the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Parsa. You, a member of the Nihonese Government, quoting Prime Minister of Parsa and reffering to him as the Prime Minister indicate that you acknowledge the Kingdom of Parsa as a legitimate and sovereign state. Yet you deny that. It seems to me not only you yourself lack awerness in international politics, but also that the Nihonese Government has no idea what its political stance is."

Matsudaira replied, this has been addressed by the Manticorian representative. To address your second contention, we both know the Parsi is just another state of Aydinir, under a different name. And your 'Prime Minister' he is another one of your puppets."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Straits of Indianium
April 1927

The Imperial Nihonese 2nd Fleet has dispatched half of the fleet to escort every single Nihonese ship though to protect from piracy. Merchant ships are advised to to through the western route to trade allies. Additionally Nihonese investigators have found it odd the only attacks have been on Indianium Alliance and Aydiniran shipping. They also have made inquiries of that the ships are in fact that of Aydinir, or if Aydinir's navy and police are so pathetic they are not able to stop these pirates operating out of their own ports. It is odd that Aydinir claims such pirates are from Leersog, as the south sea is too far away for these smaller, and even the larger vessels to go without supplies and fuel for such a long distance and times. Nihonese officials are calling for international investigation and if needed, intervention. Contracts and offers have been given to Warglorian and Aclusian companies to use their ships for trading purposes. Nihonese forces have scored numerous victories against the pirates operating from Leersog and out of Hallfurt.
Islands off of Norcourt
May 1927

Defenses such as naval guns and bunkers are being bolstered in the new territory, which is secured by the 1st and 6th Fleets and is awaiting a formal ceremony to be named.
Last edited by TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:26 pm

Emperor of Elixia
City of Norcourtia, Norcourt, April 15th 1927

Maranossos had done it, he had in his first few months as Grand Lord, captured and secured territory for the Republic, and had successfully integrated Norcourtian settlers into the new Norcourtian Commonwealth of Leersog. It was time for him to deliver his first State of the Realm speech in front of an audience of 50,000 citizens. A large wooden square platform was erected in Harkearean Square, in the very center of Norcourtia. Many Norcourtian Infantrymen, mostly from the Elixian Legions, had guarded the perimeter of the square, with many more up upon the square for extra protection. All buildings around the square were to be cleared out and secured, in case any would be assasin were to attempt to even get a shot off from the windows.

The sounds of the usual evening chirping of birds were drowned out by the large crowd of people cheering on the Grand Lord. He sat himself inside a long black limousine, sweating, turning red at the sight of the crowd. It had been a long amount of time since he had delivered a state of the realm speech, in which he did alongside Caneius, decades ago. Upon reaching the square, he stepped out of the car and whilst his guards cleared a pathway to the stairs, he walked up to the platform, and everybody went quiet.

He stepped up to the podium, sweating, red, and anxious, yet eager. He had felt a feeling oh so familiar to himself, a feeling of great nationalism.
"My dear people! My dear Norcourtians!"

He shouted with his arms spread as though he were gathering the populace.

"You are my brothers, you are my sisters, we are all together as one. Elixian, Jalumyyrian, Dralesian, Goldrushian, Bhaarish, Saxon, and even our new brothers from Leersog, we are all Norcourtian. Together we are one, regardless of blood, creed, or class, we are all family. Together we thrive, divided we eventually will die. My brothers and sisters, I gather you today, to state the status of our great republic. With the conquest of our new territories, with the division of the council, and with the death of our great leader, and dear friend himself, Alistair Caneius, I come to you as myself and myself only. I, Marcus Maranossos Caneius of Sicalia, son of Alistair Caneius, will lead our nation into prosperity, be that as it may come with sacrifice and pain, I will lead us through the storm that is the future."

The crowd gasped, as the rumour of Maranossos being the bastard son of Caneius, had seemed to be confirmed.

"The shadow of the foreign great war that had occured many years ago, still hangs as a curtain over the superpowers of the past. Together we shall build a train, we shall lay tracks, and we shall indeed steamroll our way through this dark tunnel of stone, and together we shall kindle the light of our future. We as Norcourtians shall lead the way. Former warzones of mere months ago in Leersog, are now thriving town centers, since the arrival of Norcourtian citizens in the Sirvanska. Our armies don the most advanced military small arms equipment in the world, alongside our great military tacticians and strategists. Poverty is down to all time low, and as a matter of fact, it has been going at a steady rate, ever since Caneius had taken power. Ladies and gentleman, I boast about our successes not to hinder our ability to understand what life used to be like, but I tell you this to show, and remind you of what we can do together as one. We are the arbiters of our future, we decide what is next. My brothers, I come to you and ask you to decide. I, Marcus Maranossos Caneius of Sicalia, come to you, and proclaim Emperor of Elixia, what say you?"

The crowd was silent for five seconds, until one shouted "Harkearean!", and the crowd began to echo his shout, "Harkearean! Harkearean! Harkearean!"

Maranossos spread his arms, and bowed towards the audience, and held his hand to his heart, and to the crowd he said upon, "I will serve you, in life, and in death..."

Tensions had died down around the Republic, with all conflicts coming down to a deciscive Norcourtian victory. The Nihonese and the Warglorians had occupied the border islands, east of the Drales, sparking suspicion in the minds of military generals, causing the navy to further secure the Eastern Ocean, in preparation for a defense against possible invasion.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

DELETED

Postby Crimetopolis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:13 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Crimetopolis on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Islands off of Norcourt
May, 1927

The Imperial Nihonese 1st Fleet has been given orders to return to Gokyo immediately to secure the area. This comes after recent threats posed to Nihon, and is needed for the sake of safety in the region.

Aclusian Raj
April, 1927

The evacuation had now been underway for quite some time, and the men would return to Nihon to rest. Otherwise, in Nihon, coastal defenses were being bettered in the case of invasion.
Last edited by TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON on Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

DELETED

Postby Crimetopolis » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Crimetopolis on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 16 times in total.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:23 pm

Vicuna, Middenland
1 April 1927

Francis listened to the Aydinirian and Nihonese ambassadors chatter back and forth. The Nihonese, of course, were making their bold claims. Francis felt no need to retort. He just sat there, smiling, as the two Nihonese ambassadors proved to everyone that they weren't here to make peace. They were here to grandstand.

It took the three men a moment before they were finished speaking but Francis finally got his chance. He rose calmly and straightened his jacket. Then, he turned to the Nihonese Ambassador and said, "Mister Matsudaira, if your government refuses to guarantee passage to the Aydinirian citizens that are still in your nation, then I assure you that the Royal Manticoran Navy will guarantee their passage. We will not enter your territorial waters. But rest assured that if any attempt is made to interfere with the evacuation of those civilians, the fleet will respond accordingly. And you should pray it doesn't come to that." He then turned to address the rest of the room, not waiting for the Nihonese Ambassador to respond. "We are here to bring an end to a year of tensions in Indianum. However, it appears that one day is not going to be sufficient and it is growing late. Therefore, I propose that we adjourn for the night and reconvene in the morning. Perhaps some sleep will allow cooler heads to prevail." With that, Francis returned to his seat and waited for a response.

Das Kapital Region
Carriebean
30 April through 9 May, 1927

Manticoran forces had surrounded the Das Kapital Region of Carriebean. Three Corps had been devoted to the operation, nearly 600,000 men with tanks, artillery, and aircraft in support. The Empire had pulled out all the stops. A thousand bombers soared overhead, unleashing hundreds of tons of high explosive and incendiary bombs upon the city below. From the outskirts of the city, hundreds of howitzers and mortars assailed the city, pouring even more explosives into what remained of the Carriebean Capital. The 12 Manticoran Divisions were facing 25 Carriebean divisions but they did so with complete air supremacy and a massive advantage in firepower and competence.

Even as bombs and shells exploded all around, the Royal Manticoran Army charged into the city. Tanks and infantry fought in concert with each other, clearing buildings room by room with grenades, flamethrowers, and machine gun fire. The Manticoran Government could talk sweet and be understanding but, when it came to war, the Empire pulled no punches. When the Empire fought, it fought to win. And this war was no different.

Szarów, Skarten
30 April 1927

Ambassador Lynch arrived at the Skartenian Ministry of Foreign Relations and approached the receptionist. "Excuse me, madam, but I would like to speak with the Foreign Minister at his earliest convenience. There is an urgent matter that I must bring to his attention."

St. Oslovberg, Arengin
30 April 1927

Ambassador McDonald stepped into the Arenginian Foreign Ministry Building with a similar goal as his counterpart in Skarten. Deliver a proposal for the Queen. Hopefully, the Arenginians would look kindly upon it. He walked to the reception desk and said, "Pardon me but I have an urgent matter to discuss with the Foreign Minister. I must speak with him at his earliest convenience."

London, Aclus
30 April 1927

Lord Berworth wondered how his compatriots in St Oslovberg and Szarów were doing or if they had even arrived yet. He simply walked across the lobby of the Aclusian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and approached the receptionist. "Pardon the interruption, Ma'am, but I simply must speak with Sir Henry at his earliest convenience. Her Majesty, Queen Catherine, has tasked me with a matter that is most pressing and must be discussed as soon as possible."

Naval Station Cambria, Ostland
1 May 1927

The Battle Fleet had its marching orders. They were to escort a collection of passenger liners to Nihon to collect Aydinirian Civilians and then escort those civilians to Aydinir. The orders were quite specific. They were to park themselves outside the Nihonese territorial waters until the liners were finished collecting the civilians. Each liner was being provided with a detachment of Royal Marines to prevent the Nihonese from interfering and the Fleet had special orders for what to do in that event.

Those special orders were simple. If the Nihonese attempted to prevent the evacuation of the civilians in anyway, the fleet had the authority to open fire.
For: Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan, American Nationalism, American citizens of Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands receiving a congressional vote and being allowed to vote for president, military, veterans before refugees, guns, pro choice, LGBT marriage, plural marriage, US Constitution, World Peace, Global Unity.

Against: Communism, Socialism, Fascism, Liberalism, Theocracy, Corporatocracy.

By the Blood of our Fathers, By the Blood of our Sons, we fight, we die, we sacrifice for the Good of the Empire.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 pm

Vicuna, Middenland
April 1,1927

The Manticorian said, "Mister Matsudaira, if your government refuses to guarantee passage to the Aydinirian citizens that are still in your nation, then I assure you that the Royal Manticoran Navy will guarantee their passage. We will not enter your territorial waters. But rest assured that if any attempt is made to interfere with the evacuation of those civilians, the fleet will respond accordingly. And you should pray it doesn't come to that. We are here to bring an end to a year of tensions in Indianum. However, it appears that one day is not going to be sufficient and it is growing late. Therefore, I propose that we adjourn for the night and reconvene in the morning. Perhaps some sleep will allow cooler heads to prevail."

Shidehara stood to reply, but then Matsudaira stood and gave him a glance. Shidehara then sat. Matsudaira then started, "Mister Francis, some of my colleagues, well... seek peace to no end. But that is why I was ordered here. I am here to represent the Government of the Empire of Nihon, not the leadership of the Imperial Nihonese Navy or Imperial Nihonese Army. I do not make such calls in events such as aggressive fleets coming to our shores, but I do in fact know what could happen. There are not very many Aydinirians in Nihon, there is no need for more than two ships to get the civilians. In most cases, we Nihonese do not like other nations to interfere in our police system, just as Manticore would not care for such. But Shidehara has made a special exception. But there will be rules. Following protocol of the Imperial Nihonese Navy and guidelines of the great Warglorian-Nihonese Agreement, none of your ships may carry troops of your nations military. That would be considered an invasion. Nihonese police will ensure that right is protected. Any ship is going to be searched for contraband. If Nihon is attacked, that would be most unfortunate. Wargloria would get involved, Crimetopolis even. We could even see Arengin Union and Aclus getting involved to protect their own holdings in Nihon or to act in defense of Wargloria.

But your proposal that we adjourn is sensible. And we agree to it."

Manticore, Nihonese Embassy
May 2, 1927

Meanwhile in the Nihonese Embassy to Manticore, it was reported, that their Battle Fleet was being readied. Commander Soemu Toyoda, naval attaché to Manticore, nodded at the report and replied, "Send word to Gokyo, along with my report on their defenses and offensive naval capabilities. Do make sure it is highly encrypted. Also make sure anyone who doesn't need to be in Manticore at this embassy is sent back home."

Imperial Palace
Gokyo, Nihon
May 1, 1927

MESSAGE TO CRIMETOPOLIS FROM NIHON
Top Secret

Thank you for such a generous offer, we accept.

Throughout Gokyo, new coastal artillery was being mounted and readied, with new civilian defense troops being trained in their use.
Last edited by TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Aclus
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:53 am

City of London
The Aclusian Empire
April 30th, 1927

The sun finally began to show upon the Aclusian Empires capital city, streets full of vendors and the local bustle of life came out to bask in this grand summer day. Cars drove through and fro up and down the streets , as children began to also make their way to church with their parents and grandparents alike. It was like the war was a distant memory of the Empire, for it wasn't brought up in conversation much either. Within the last few weeks that followed his majesty, the late King George V. The country was once again united for a cause, a cause of determined punishment on those who wronged Aclus.

Though as the crusade into Rannoria continued on, matters at home were at hand.........

Foreign and Commonwealth Building

The doors swung open as the Manticoran ambassador made his way to the receptionist desk, a Aclusian soldier stood side by side the desk, armed with their SMLE rifles slung on their shoulder. After eyeing the man they quickly turned away as he began to speak. Upon asking the receptionists to speak to Sir Henry Hunt, the receptionists replied with "Why certainly, one moment sir", and the call was made.

Walking down the hall came a man with a mustache and a slicked back military like hairstyle. Arthur Holbrook quickly strolled down right behind Lord Berworth, ready to assist him once again.

"Good afternoon Lord Berworth, I'm Arthur Holbrook, assistant to Sir Henry Hunt, I believe we have met before?" He then turned to the side facing his arms in the General direction of the hallway that led to Henry's office.

"Do follow me sir"

Selion, Rannkradle Region of Rannoria

The rolling green hills and plains of Rannoria spanned for the longest of distances, with farmland spread about like paint on a canvas. The land, though not as close to the frontlines, had still been scarred by the 9-Years-War; craters had littered the fields, as did the footsteps of hundreds of thousands of soldiers. Businesses had been devastated as soldiers, Rannorian, Aclusian, and the occasional Warglorian, had looted and robbed. But the years since had seen the land grow to prosper once more, little remnants of the damage seen during the war remained. 6 years later, the land was once more under military occupation, as Rannoria tore itself apart.

One sign of this new military presence showed in the nearby town of Selión. Though the local populace went about their day, there was a new presence in town. That of Warglorians. More specifically, the 1st Bataillon of the 1st Warglorian Fallschirmjäger Division; an elite unit of paratroopers. Though regular Heer soldiers were tough enough as they were, Fallschirmjäger were truly an elite unit on a whole other level, some even claiming they surpassed the Schwarz Gewählt in skill and training. Though to be fair, these claims mostly originated from the Luftwaffe, though they weren't entirely based off bias or rumours. Having gone through some of the harshest and most intense training regimens, these were the men you'd send behind enemy lines and expect to almost always succeed in their objectives.

'
Before the invasion force had even crossed the Warglorian border, Fallschirmjägers had been sent deep behind enemy lines to secure key strategic points and to harass Rannorian Militants in the area. The 1st Batallione of the 1st Fallschirmjäger division were among them and upon receiving reinforcements had been allowed to regroup and rest, deciding take refuge in Selión. The local residence didn't dare resist, though the Fallschirmjägers paid for all purchase of supply and lodging. In one of the cafes, wearing a blue uniform beating the insignia of the Luftwaffe, sat Oberleutenant Heinz Dächen. The battalion commander sipped from the cup of coffee resting in his hands, relaxing. Having been among those to drop into Rannoria, he sighed in relief as he was finally able to rest for a little while.

'
And not in such a bad place either. The town, thought somewhat hostile, provided quite a cozy atmosphere, reminding Dächen of his home town back in Wargloria by the Alps. Though he was initially a Gebirgsjäger, another notable eliteunit in the Warglorian Heer reputed for its toughness, he had later transferred to the Fallschirmjäger, desiring the thrill the job entailed. Quickly climbing through the ranks, the others nicknamed him “Alter Gebirgsmann,” which wasn’t true at all. He wasn’t that old.

Dächen’s peace ended abruptly as a Luftwaffe officer approached him. Clacking his boots together and saluting, Dächen sighed at this interruption.

“At ease,” Dächen said, the officer doing so, “What is it, Leutenant?”

“Oberstleutenant, we have visitors,” The Leutenant replied, as Dächen spotted a small group behind him, composed of Aclusian officers. Standing up to greet them, Dächen saluted the group.

“Gentlemen, what brings you here?”

Colonel Sean Hayes looked out the officers car, taking in the moment of his arrival back into the Rannorian village of Selión. It had been many years since he had been here, in a another war, another lifetime ago.

The car drove by the wheat fields by the dirt road, the golden landscape in all its beauty, a place still healing from the last conflict of man. Now entering the village, the car parked right outside the old Vie brillante cafe, another memory of Sean's past.

The door of the car swung open as 2 Aclusian soldiers exited the cafe, only to salute the Colonel and escort him inside. The group was then met with a Luftwaffe officer who guided them the rest of the way.

Now appearing in front of another Warglorian officer, a man who seemed to be in charge of the whole lot of men that stayed in the village.

Clicking his heels, Sean saluted the man.

"Colonel Sean Hayes, Aclusian General Headquarters, I bring with me orders from both Warglorian and Aclusian high command"

Dächen gestured to Colonel Hayes to take a seat at the table. "And what would those be Herr Hayes? My last orders said that me and my men would be returning to Wargloria."

Sean took a seat next to Dächen, as he did however, he gestured to the bartender for a glass of water, "some ice mate if you please" Sean ordered as the man got to work, pouring their beverages.

"You and your men will be taking part in the siege of Rannoria Lieutenant Colonel, you are to be at the mission briefing with all your men at the Airbase, 1600 tonight. More details will be explained" Sean then took the glass of water placed before him, drinking it all down in one sitting.

Dächen looked at the colonel with slight suspicion. He had to admit, he did not feel that comfortable answering to the officer of another nation, but the fact of the matter was ever since most of the Warglorian forces had been diverted from the offensive into Rannkraddle to reinforce the South, the remaining Warglorian forces had to answer to the Aclusians, who had total theatre command over Rannkraddle and overall north Rannoria. Dächen sighed. Well there went his break.

"Very well Herr Oberst," Dächan replied, "I shall meet you there."

Standing up, Dächen put on his cap before then shaking the colonel's hand.

"Colonel," Dächen saluted, before then walking out of the cozy insides of the building, followed by the Leutenant, and out into the outside area, where several more Warglorian officers were lazing about; drinking, smoking, talking and playing cards.

"Break time's over men," Dächen shouted out, much to the surprise of many of the officers, "We're back on active duty, follow me."

Rannkraddle Camp #3 "King Edward VIII" Airbase, Rannkraddle Region, Rannoria
Several Hours Later

After a long drive, the Warglorian officers found themselves in one of the main Aclusian military bases set up, inside one of the many hangars where they all sat down in ranks of chairs, Dächen at the front row.

The rain began to set in, the air grew cold and the sounds of the Artillery guns around the city continued to shake the earth. General Miles Dempsey, the man in control of all the Aclusian forces in the region now had all but one key element of his grand plan to fall into place, the Warglorian Fallschirmjaegar.

The men all sat in rows, awaiting the briefing session which was about to take place. The steel doors then swung open and came the General and his advisors, all keen on the situation at hand.

Walking up to the podium, Miles was now ready to start.

"Men, today I have brought you all here to announce your next operation, welcome back to active duty" Miles then nodded to a Aclusian soldier across the room to turn on the projector.

On the screen pictures were shown of the city, the map of the town square, and photographs of the rebel leaders. "Alright let us begin" Miles then walked up to the Warglorian Lieutenant Colonel, shaking his hand.

"Pleasure to have you Dächen" Miles stated, as he then got back to buisness.

"At 2100, the artillery will cease firing on the Rannorian outer defenses, followed by the attack on the front and rear end of the city" Miles then pointed at the clearly drawn locations on the screen

"These actions will draw their strongest units to face us, like at Monisgart (Rannorian city that fell before Rannkradle), following this you will be inserted into these locations of the city center, capturing these citadels and command centers." Miles then moved his baton across the map.

"At 2200 you will be flown in, during the heat of the battle. You are expected to complete these objectives and hold them, to the last man if need be. Show no mercy lads, you are the backbone of this operation." Miles then moving the briefing along, brought the pictures of the Rebel leaders back on the screen.

"As for all of these men and women I present to you, if captured, you are to deliver them back to high command alive. "

The projection stayed up for a few more minutes as a Aclusian soldier collected the maps, files and photographs, handing them to Lieutenant Colonel Dächen.

"Prepare yourselves, the Armory is all yours to use, anything that you need, you lads have a blank check, courtesy of his majesty, dismissed"

Dächen simply looked on stoically as he called for the rest of the officers to prepare their men. Unfortunately, they were not at full strength, as despite their elite status there were some casualties. Though the first and second Fallschirmjäger Kompanies had only little damage, the third kompanie experienced some of the worst casualties, having deployed in windy conditions and becoming scattered across hostile territory. The Kompanie lost a quarter of its men, suffered injuries on half, and the remaining being too spread out to regroup in time. This left 308 Fallschirmjägers left.

The men began equipping themselves, putting on their parachutes and helmets. Grenades and knives were fitted, and a collection of firearms were strapped on; mainly lighter weapons such as Kar98a and LP08K Carbines, MP18 Sub Machine Guns and PKS A.2 Shotguns, as well as pistols such as Lugers and Steyrs. Heavier infantry support weapons, mainly ASG17s and Vickers- Berthier Light Machine Guns as well as high explosives, were being loaded into crates which would be parachuted alongside the Fallschirmjägers. As night began to fall, the Fallschirmjägers began to board their Messerschmitt Gotha G.VI MTs.

As the sound of battle was heard in the distance, the sound of engines began to grow. It was time to fly.

The Aclusian Artillery guns aligned around the cities outer defenses had begun to slowly quiet down. The Infantry followed by the armoured units then took to their staging areas, readying themselves for the main assault. As the guns quieted down, the order was then sent out for the men to fix bayonets and to stand at the ladders. Once the men were ready, the tanks began to slowly advance, followed by the Armoured personnel carriers and Carden Lloyds.

As the armoured column took a little head start, the Artillery roared once more. The guns began their synchronized timing of the creeping barrage, just ahead of the Advancing armour. With the guns now active and providing a wall of cover for the infantry, the whistle was blown and the main assault commenced.
The Aclusian Empire
King Albert Richardson II
Pre/MODERN/POST MODERNTECH/FT

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES

Breyburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Rupture

Postby Breyburg » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:56 pm

Carriebeanian War Zone (CWZ), Southeastern Indianum
May, 1927

The Rupture

The Carriebeanian forces have been effectively split in half thanks to the non stop bombardment by the Manticoran forces , leaving the two legions to fend for themselves. This is going to allow for a swift and powerful end to the Carriebeanian regime. Hoosier and Breyburgian forces are cutting the Carriebeanian legions down day by day.

President Martin Harvey has applauded the ability of the Manticoran and Hoosier forces, stating that “the war would’ve taken a larger toll on Breyburgian forces and would’ve been a longer war to wage. I am eternally grateful.”

Current state of the Breyburgian-Hoosier-Manticoran advance.
Last edited by Breyburg on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SODA!!!
- Joe Biden

Proud member of the Federation of Allies.

Aclus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclus » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:55 am

The London Times
31st April, 1927

BEGINNING OF THE END

Within the last few weeks, the Aclusian armies under the command of Field Marshall John Vereker Gort have made quite some progress. Through the first week, both the border defenses of the North and their revolutionary counterparts were swept under the carpet of Aclusian tactical superiority.

Yet the questions of the public remains, is this war something of which would open the can of worms in Europeia? Is this war really just of us as a people?.

As talks of what is right and wrong bicker through the streets of London and into the very house of parliament itself, revolutionaries spring up more and more, and not only in Rannoria.
From talks of communists parties springing up in the cities of Liverpool and Birmingham, filling the streets with union and factory workers looting and fighting, allowing for the Army to be called in to restore order with force.

Armoured cars to Infantry transports roll through our very own cities, men that could be useful elsewhere, but now take up arms against their own people as the communists run amok. What lays in the future of Aclus is yet still so uncertain, though there is a war to be won. These homegrown problems are not of as priority, and may wait to be dealt with properly
The Aclusian Empire

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:50 pm

St. Osloverg.
Royal Palace.

The day had a shivering cold breeze in the snow covered Arenginian capital of Saint Osloverg, yet there was also an general atmosphere of joy and excitement as the so famed Congregation of the Signing was taking place today. Within the halls of the Royal Palace there was a gathering of several dozens, diplomats and world leaders who had arrived in the days prior at the request of the Arenginian king. They Conference in Indianum had taken much of the other world leader's attention but the King believed they were all on board with this plan nonetheless.

Schlak Burger stepped through the silvery gold doors he'd stepped through months prior during his mission to bring peace between the Boer Republic and the Arengin Kingdom. After the treaty had been signed Schlak had gone back into the ranks of the State Department, snubbed by many above him because of the general hatred of the treaties conditions. His luck had changed when, due to his experience with the Arengins, he was commissioned as the Boer representative to the ICS. From his brief interview with the Secretary of State, Schlak could tell this appointment wasn't of a large concern to the Boer Government, but Schlak saw it as his ticket to do something meaningful, perhaps make a name for himself other than the stigmatic association with the treaty.

Behind him were Jans Boschoff and Francis Reitz, the two men who'd helped him draft and negotiate the St. Osloverg treaty, both he'd petitioned to be appointed with him, forming the Boer Delegation, and saving them from the Records Department. Their trio however was made a quartet by the man standing by the coat check, tapping his foot in waiting. His name was Bert Roling, an old judge prior to the war, now aging member of the State Department and fourth man on the Boer Delegation.

Roling threw his hands up and cursed under his breath, "Fokken Hel, where have you three been? The delegations were supposed to all arrive twenty minutes ago!" He said slightly exasperated.

Burger motioned for Roling to calm down, his hands flat, palms down, "Relax Roling, our driver had trouble getting here. I told you we should have hired a local..." Roling scoffed, "Like hell the State Department would let us spend Boer Notes on Arengin business, even if we wanted to..."

The mens discussion was interrupted by a man with a camera around his neck, a white piece of paper on his brim spelling the words "Press" in five languages identifying him as a reporter. "You men must be the Boer delegation, can I get your picture for the paper?" He asked.

Roling raised his hands, his mouth forming the word "No", but was cut off as Burger barked out a "Yeah", followed by a "Why not?" Roling turned to glare at Burger, but he was already making his way towards the stools and backdrop set up for photographs. The four men took their positions and posed, and waited for the snap and bright flash of the camera.

Seated Left: Bert Roling, Seated Right: Jans Boschoff, Standing Left: Schlak Burger, Standing Right: Francis Reitz

Right after the photograph of the four Boer representatives was taken, a familiar voice echoed through the main hall of the Palace where everyone was gatheres. This voice was beloved by many and loathed by others, the voice of what many saw as a vidionary and a man of high character and others would call a phony idealist with the naivety of a 10 year old. King Nikolai Oswyn the Fourth appeared from the top of the stairs overlooking the gathering room.

"Mr. Burger!" The King said outloud as he walked down the stairs accompanied by several royal guards in their fine uniforms and silver chest plates.

The King soon made his way to the floor, he gleefully welcomed everyone in his path towards the Boer delegation. The King was quite the charmer as he received everyone with a bright smile and a firm handshake. He didn't care about nationalities of personal rivalries, what mattered was why they were all here.

Soon the king arrived to the presence of Burger and his other compatriots. "Mr. Burger, how grand it is to see you again!" The king offered his hand for a shake.

Burger gladly accepted the kings hand and shook it warmly, "Your Majesty, it is good to see you once more. The last time I saw you, we brought peace during a time of war. Perhaps, today, we can continue that mission."

"Of course we shall, I have the upmost confidence for such!" Nikolai said as he then turned to Burgers companions, "I welcome you all to my country. I hope things are well in the Traansval!"

"As well as can be..." Said Francis Reitz, "Be a lot better if the Warglorians would just go back home..." Muttered Jans Boschoff, earning an elbow jab from Roling.

President Martin Harvey appeared in the glinting silvery doorway. Years before, the legendary president, Alfred Woods had set foot in these halls for the Arengin Annual ball. Since then, no Breyburgian president had set foot in the Arengin Palace. He was feeling uncomfortable to some degree as the Socialist Allied States had just recently become somewhat relevant on the global political scale. He looked around and saw the Boer leaders who Breyburgian arms smuggling had aided. He saw monarchs who he believed had no interest in speaking with him. He stook out like a sore thumb.

Schlak polietly excused himself from the Arengin King who went on to greet other guests, said King on his way to greet and shake hands with some other delegation. Schlak and his delegation entered the main room where most of the delegations and guests were lounging about. Reitz elbowed Schlak and nodded with his head towards a man standing some feet away. "Thats the Breyburgian President. Might be good to make some conversation with him." Schlak nodded his assent and made his way over, picking up a champagne glass on his way. Roling took a seat and enjoyed the food and drink provided. Gaining the Presidents attention, Schlak closed in and extended his hand, "Good evening Mr. President, its good to see a friendly nation here."

"Well.. I've worked with their King before, he's respectable enough that I think when we says something he means it with with no deceit, unlike others. If this whole thing can truly work, I think it would be a force for real good. An equalizer between nations like ours and those more authoritarian." Schlak slurped from his champagne flute, enjoying the excellent brew. "In fact, me and my delegation are drafting a resolution to put forth for a set of International Laws in regards to the treatment of combatants in war and conduct of armies in war. The Boer people have seen destruction, and have seen abuses, and we more than anyone here are ready to see these addressed so no others will witness them."

Ambassador McDonald entered the room, quickly scanning the faces that were present. King Nikolai was obviously in attendance. The Council was his brainchild and his dream, so it should come as no surprise that he would see personally to the signing. Then there was the Boers. Funny that they'd be here, since the Intelligence write up he'd received from the OSS officer at the embassy suggested the Boers were about a week away from a massive civil war.

Then there was the Breyburg President, one of the few representing a Republican system of government. He suspected that Harvey would feel uncomfortable.

"President Harvey, it is an honor to make your acquaintance at last."

Meanwhile, heavy boots were heard from the silvery doorway, stomping in a disciplined pattern. The doorway opened, revealing two men: Kriegsminister Klaus Adler, wearing his classic black uniform, and Reichsminister Carl Lindenburgh, wearing a white yet militarist-esque uniform, walked through. Soon after several SG Soldiers, clad in black overcoats and Stahlhelms, as well as several Gestapo Agents, clad in their classic jackets, fedoras and armbands, followed.

Adler and Lindenburgh looked around the beautiful Royal Palace. Adler looked around, nostalgia filling his mind.

"Here we go again, if only Hans was here," Adler thought, grimacing. Adler turned to Lindenburgh, "Well Reichsminister, this is your first time, what do you think."

Lindenburgh stared around him impassively, his eyes wandering about unblinkingly before he turned his almost sociopathic gaze on him. Adler immediately felt a headache coming his way as he stared into the feared Reichsminister's eyes. "Mein Gott, Hans should have made him Reichsminister of Intelligence, he would break anyone in a matter of a seconds!"

"I am here to sign a treaty and negotiate alliances, Herr Adler, not to look at art," Lindenburgh replied, his voice unemotional, "Though, suffice to say, it does have quite a....amiable atmosphere."

Adler nodded, internally sighing. That was the best answer he was going to get out of him.

As he and his retinue walked across the grounds, Adler spotted Schalk Burger; the same Boer Diplomat from the last meeting in the Osloverg Palace. "Such a disappointment that one, they nearly had him too."

Adler had to mentally hold himself from attacking the Boer. His mind, however, wondered elsewhere as he saw Nikolai. Smiling, Adler walked over to the Tsar. "Your Majesty!" Adler said amicably, "It is an honour to meet you once again! The man on my right is Carl Lindenburgh, Reichsminister of the Reich."

Lindenburgh simply inclined his head. "We are here to represent Der Führer," Adler continued, "Unfortunately, Der Führer has been in a state of seclusion and mourning, and was unable to attend."

Adler frowned. "I would like to send my condolences, it must be hard having one cousin dead and the other in such a state."

"Neither is it easy having one nephew dead and the other in such a state," Adler internally thought.

Nikolai had melancholic look as the thought of the many family that had been lost, good friends and fellow rulers in the world. But they could not dwell on the pasts and on the people gone from this world, "It is indeed tragic," the King said, "But alas, it is best that we honor their memories by living on and making the world a much better place. And all of you including myself are doing such by being here today!"

Adler's outfit

Lindenburgh Outfit

Meanwhile, other conversations took place around the palace.

“I understand this, but I also fear those who are put in major positions of power; including myself. He could become power hungry and bend us to his will like tin. Effortlessly. But, regardless, I do believe the nations of the world should be held accountable for their actions.” Said Harvey to Schlak.

Then there was the Manticoran ambassador, McDonald. “Yes it is. It’s unfortunate the Queen could not make it. I will enjoy your company nonetheless!” Harvey spoke comfortably with the ambassador as he was fond of the Manticorans.

Schlak turned, surprised by the sudden entrance of the Manticoran representative. While he and the President shoot hands, Schlak simply raised his champagne flute in salute, "Mr. McDonald, pleased to meet you."

"The Queen has a great deal on her plate. That's why I have my job." He turned to the Boer and said, "The feeling is mutual, Mister Schlak."

Eric Stewart, current Marshal of Iron Guard Hoosier, entered the Arengin Royal Palace, accompanied by Shaun Richard, one of Hoosiers finest ambassadors and flanked by two guards, a personal detail of Iron Shirts, members of Hoosiers notorious secret police. He looked around, his cap under his arm. He was in his Marshal's uniform, several medals pinned on his chest. He noticed a number of delegates and other national leaders, making mental notes of who he desired to speak to. He had come to this event personally, wanting to make a name of himself in a way, having only recently taken power in Hoosier and wanting to cement his international recognition.

He spotted the Breyburg president and smiled to himself before saying, "Ah, over there Richard. It's President Harvey of Breyburg. Let us go speak him." Then he set off towards the man and the Manticorean, but waiting for the right moment to speak, not wanting to interrupt. "Hello, President Harvey. I'm Eric Stewart, Marshal of Iron Guard Hoosier, as you likely already know of course. I don't think I've had the chance to make your acquittance . This is Shaun Richard," he said, motioning to the man, "He's one of my ambassadors. And hello to you as well, Manticorean. I don't think you and Mr. Richard have had the pleasure of meeting, but he has visited Manticore on several occasions." Richard nodded, "Yes, I do enjoy the country, but nearly as much as I do Hoosier," he said with a small chuckle.

Burger turned his head towards Francis standing next to him, raising his eyebrow about the entrence of the Hoosier Marshal, dressed in military regalia with medals dangling and flanked by black shirted guards. As the Marshal spoke with the President, Burger slid over and extended his hand towards the other man with them, the Ambassador, "Good evening Mister Richrard, its a pleasure to finally meet someone from the Hoosier, I've heard great things about your country." He said with a smile.

“Ah, it’s the famous Eric Stewart! I have heard all about you. I emplore you to visit my homeland whenever you wish. I wish to show you around the Legislative Palace, my Presidential Offices, and my beautiful city of Stegas.” Harvey was unsure of the Marshal’s body guards as they followed him closely, regardless he made conversation with him.

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Hirohito entered the room, flanked by his younger brother, Prince and Sub-Lieutenant Takamatsu Nobuhito, both of them surrounded by handpicked men of the Nihonese Imperial Guard, along with a detail of Kenpeitai, members of Nihon's secret police and intelligence agency. The Emperor gazed around the room, and took note of the other delegates his nation was friendly with. He was wearing his military style uniform, with many medals pinned across his chest. He had come to this event to ensure his newly gained power a few months ago would be recognized, and to show he was not afraid to come to these events in person despite the recent attacks and the common dislike for Nihon by many nations attending.

He noted the Warglorians speaking with the Arengin King, and decided to make his way over. He waited until there was a pause, not wanting to interrupt. "Hello Kriegsminister Adler and Reichsminister Lindenburgh. It is a pleasure to meet you. I would like to send my condolences over your Fuhrer's loss." Before nodding in the direction of the Arengin King, "Hello your Majesty. It is an honor to meet you. I am the new Emperor after my father, and there is my brother, Prince Nobuhito. I do send my condolences for your cousin."

Meanwhile Prince Nobuhito had made his way over to the Boer diplomat, saying "Good evening. It is a pleasure to meet you, despite the fact in your conflict Nihon supports a different side. I apologize for the delay in the shipment of the unarmed planes. It had to be more regulated due to the new treaty with our ally Wargloria. The shipment should arrive shortly." Being a Sub-Lieutenant in the Imperial Navy, this was one thing he had better knowledge of.

Bert Roling, who had been seated enjoying a sandwich made with a slice of veil and a slice of cheese which altogether made a meal no larger than the size of his palm, quickly stood up to greet Prince Nobuhito, Jans Boschoff behind him looking up in surprise from his champagne floot. "Oh no worries your Highness, I'm just glad to our nations are still able to maintain their friendly relations." Roling said, subtly wiping away crumbs on his slacks while Jans silently kept his chuckles in behind him.

Harvey saw the prince enter the room and he quickly started talking to the closest person. He wanted to delay speaking with the prince as long as possible. The Empire of Nihon is no longer fond of the Breyburgians.
“Eric I wish to speak with you. I think we should discuss the war in Carriebean.” Harvey spoke with the Hoosier Marshal.

McDonald watched the Nihonese delegation with concern. He had his own escort, of course. A dozen Royal Marines served as the most obvious security but he also had several plainclothes bodyguards. The tensions between Nihon and Manticore were far from settled and he had strong opinions about the Nihonese claims. However, he also knew that any action on his part would likely hurt negotiations back in Vicuna.

Fuhrer-President Bob Elkins and Ambassador Bill Williamson entered the room along with eight Federal Policemen. Both Williamson and Elkins had .38 acp Mauser pistols belted around their waists. Ambassador Williamson openly and warmly greeted both Emperor Hirohito and Hans Landa, too.

The doors opened, and quickly the Royal Arengin and Aclusian guards took to attention, King George VI had arrived.

Clad in his khaki Service dress uniform modeled after his late fathers, he marched down the aisle torwards the group of men from foreign nations, this was his first major act as a royal so he was quite new to these things, nonetheless he was ready.

His advisor Bertram marched by his side, a older man who was a great friend of his father, who had even helped raise George VI since he was a child.

George walked up to the Manticoran ambassador and greeted him.

Prince Nobuhito nodded to the Boer, before seeing the Manticorian looking over at him, surrounded by his Marines. "What a typical gaijin coward" the Prince thought, before motioning for two of his Imperial Guards to follow. Two Kenpeitai officer followed along. He patted his Katana at his waist, and walked over to the Manticorian. Giving a very, very slight bow, he smiled, and said, "Hello, it is nice to meet you. I saw you staring and I thought it would be nice to thank you and your nation for such nice attempts for peace. It would truly be unfortunate if war broke out between our two great nations."

He was about to go on about the Nihonese navy compared to that of the Central Alliance, as he had done with his brother, pleading with him to not engage in war. But he was cut short, when he noticed a Kenpeitai officer listening give him a glance. And then he saw his brother give him a glance, translating to; "Why are you talking with our enemies." He fell silent.

Emperor Hirohito meanwhile was greeted by the Crimetopolis leaders, who he gave a slight bow and greeted them saying "It is a pleasure to see you. We thank your nation's great alliance with ours and hopes it will last in years to come."

"Your excellency, may our two nations be eternally allies, also." smiled Fuhrer-President Bob Elkins, too.

McDonald watched Nobuhito wander off. Damned peculiar that even Nihonese nobility cannot speak freely, he thought as he turned to the Aclusian King. He bowed, with the regal formality expected. "Your Majesty. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. And may I add my most sincere condolences about the passing of your father. He was a good man and the world is a lesser place without him."

George shook McDonald's hand after he rose from a slight bow. "Pleasure is mine to meet you too Ambassador, and thank you, it means a lot now knowing the relations of our great two people are at good terms, dare I say friendly"

George took a deep sigh at the thought that he would have to carry the burden of the Kings title, having to be apart of conversations that carry enormous weight, such that a lesser man would fold to

"It is truly a wonderful turn of events. Indeed, I dare to venture that it bodes well for this Council. If Nations which a bare 5 years ago were enemies could come together in common cause, then certainly all the rest of the world can do the same."

"Agreed, I do very much so agree. However the major issue that does put a strain on these things, are the scars on the men who fought in the Great war. They would not be so easy to sway into our favor"

“As do I,” Stewart said to President Harvey, “The war is going rather well, isn’t it? Caribbean defenses are being shattered and Hoosier and Breyburg troops are closing in on each other’s positions. If I may be so bold, I and my generals were discussing the plan for after the war. Now isn’t an appropriate time I believe, but eventually I suspect we should get together and speak more privately.”

Carriebeanian Ambassador to Nihon Harold Doorman hastily and clumsily entered through the door, his sudden and very intruding motion breaking some of the glass of the door which caused quite the momentary commotion. After stepping on glass the man stood by as the servants of the palace began to clean up the mess, through odd stares the Ambassador stood nonchalantly and fully dressed in his rather unkept uniform as if nothing had happened.

“Now my blood alcohol levels may just be alcohol in place of any blood, but I know a good samatha when I see it. The goddamned Nips are selling the grand Carriebeanian nation out! If I was the least bit sane, I’d declare war on everyone in this room, starting with fuck face mcgee over here!” The Ambassador said under his breath as he was promptly greeted by the Arenginian king and then left to his own devices, some obvious mess of alcohol in him.

He bellowed, pointing at the Manticorian delegation. With a bemused smirk now greeting his face, he sat down at one of the tables before a stern glance caught his eye by the second Carriebeanian diplomat. With such a stern look forcing him to merely murmer under his breath, the second diplomat stood up to introduce himself. "Greetings, I apologize for my diplomat's uncooth outburst. I am Carriebeanian Diplomat to Manticore Dupont Depuis."

Eric Stewart turned momentarily to watch the failure that was the Caribbean delegate, but then his gaze fell in the Warglorian delegates. “Uh, excuse me, President Harvey. I don't want to sound rude, but would you mind if we continued this conversation later? I would love to take you up on your offer of visiting your country. We can arrange the details later, if that's alright with you, but please, you must excuse me. It was great meeting you for the first time, and I'm glad I can call your people a friend of mine."
Stewart walked towards the Warglorian delegation, followed by his Iron Shirt escort, but left Richard to speak to the Boer. As Stewart approached the man, Lindenburgh, and offered his hand and said, "My, my, those Caribbeans, crazy bastards, the lot. I'm Eric Stewart, Marshal of Iron Guard Hoosier. I can tell from your uniform and escort you're Warglorian. Damn fine to finally meet one of you. I've long admired many aspects of your country."

Shaun Richard turned to the Boer as he spoke. He smiled and shook the mans hand before saying, "Ah, yes, a Boer! Thank you, glad my nation's reputation precedes me. I must say the same of your nation, or rather your people. The country's not in very good shape, now is it? However, I have to admire a people with a will such as yours. Taking on how many global powers and getting them to withdraw? Mighty impressive. Yours is a strong people. How are you, Mister....?" Richard trailed off, waiting for the Boer to fill in his name.

Due to the importance of the title Great Leader, Albert Anenyo was not and couldn't be present at the signing. In his stead was another diplomat, armed with a briefcase that contained a rubber stamp, pen, and ink for the two.

As the young man entered the palace with no idea with who is from where except a few leaders, he was minding his own business walking about with the rest of everyone and mingling only when talked to. Uninteresting as he was, that was his plan, his façade lest that he would bring shame to the Confederacy and to his title of diplomat.

Ambassador Bill Williamson met with the Warglorians "And how fares the semiautomatic rifle testing project in your nation? Ours is going quite well."

Schlak chuckled, "Burger, Schlak Burger. Yes, the Boer people are historically a rural people who have relied on self-subsistance, this self-reliance has led to our people being a fighting people, who would rather die than be controlled. But it is true that much of our nation has been scarred by this war, and now we are in a state of both attempting to rebuild and fight our last enemies, the Warglorians."

Harvey was not at all entirely surprised by the Carriebeanian delegate. He had grown to expect the worst from them. After this Carriebeanian threat had imposed itself on the rest of the leaders, four Breyburgian Military Officers stepped into the room and went to each corner of the room. Harvey did not wish to impose himself on everyone else, but, as the Carriebeanian war was raging, and with the previous Carriebeanian threat, it was better to be safe from another potential Carriebeanian threat.

An example of the typical Breyburgian Army Officer.

Harvey was brought towards the Official Arengin Photographer to have a photo taken of him. He did so, nonetheless he wasn't particularly fond of having his photo taken. Harvey is entering his middle ages, so he is greying in some areas. He isn't young like some of the other leaders of the world.

Hæsteinn mn Suesani, a brother and a diplomat.

He had been here before, during the earlier conference, and now he was once more back as the envoy of the emperor in the signing. The diplomat entered along with entourage, which included himself, and three guards. Dusting off his light beige uniform, he went over to the King to greet him. "King Nikolai, thank you for this momentous occasion in global diplomacy," he said as he slightly nodded his head in greeting, ah formalities, "I hope that these talks will be productive, and successful.". He then walked on over to a chair next to the Solomon Isles' ambassador. "How's the Confederacy friend?" He inquired.

The ambassador who was helping himself with some of the drinks, turned to the Emperor's and bowed for a second before answering.

"It's been good, your excellency." He began before he settled his glass on a nearby table, "Ever since our treaty, we've been manufacturing weapons lately just for the war effort. That and some of our projects are finally being developed.

"As for the Rannorian front, I haven't heard much there."

After much greeting, chatting and all in all socializing, the time had come to usher all the present dignitaries and leaders onto what they had been brought for. King Nikolai took steps up a set of stairs that led to the next floor of the palace, above everyone now he spoke with clarity and convinction in his voice. The Royal Guards stood firmly besides the King as everyone look onto him.

"Friends, fellow leaders, dignitaries of all nations... We stand here today with the sole intent to finally bring in a new Era. An Era where war and strife will become the methods of the past and diplomacy, tolerance, and civilization shall be the norm. I urge you all to follow me to the signing room for the signing of this document..." A servant brought forth a document in hand, Nikolai showed it to everyone.

"The Concordance of the International Council of Nations... It is time to bring forth Peace in Our Time." Nikolai walked back down onto the floor and alongside his guard he walked onto the halls, everyone was then instructed to follow the King, under the protection of their own security details as well as the Royal Guard which was as vigilant as ever.

Soon everyone would find themselves in a room with a single table in the middle, a set of papers on top and a dark inked pen on the side. Nikolai was first to sign as he walked forth and without delay signed the document, the room was filled with journalists, reporters, and photographers of all backgrounds and nationalities who had come to report on this historical day. Now each delegation would have to sign the document.

George stepped up first to his uncle Nikolai, glaring the document and reading the terms. This was the first document he had ever had to sign as his reign began. It didnt feel right at all, it should've been his father being here, but sadly events of such are unpredictable, as is fate.

"Uncle Nikolai, it is good to see you once again." George exclaimed as he shook the Arenginian Tsar's hand.

"Bertram do hand me the pen" he then said as he turned to sign the document.

And with a swirl of his wrist while he gripped the pen lightly, the signature of the Aclusian King George VI was now there. Big and bold.

Fuhrer-President Bob Elkins and Ambassador Bill Williamson were next. They both signed.

Harvey walked up to the table, and stared at the document. He wondered if this was what was right for his people. He contemplated this for a good while until he finally grabbed the pen and gloriously signed his name. The Socialist Allied States of Breyburg was now part of the International Council of Nations.

Soon the Warglorian delegation would sign, and then the Nihonese, and then the Carriebean, and then the Boer, and so on and so on until all nations had officially signed onto the International Council of States. Soon the fully signed document was held by Nikolai in front of an army of reporters, photographers, and other masses.

"Peace in our time!" The Arenginian King proclaimed as his words were meet with praise and applause by all. Soon the ICS would meet at its official housing building in the St. Osloverg downtown area. A historical moment had be achieved.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

DELETED

Postby Crimetopolis » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:38 am

DELETED
Last edited by Crimetopolis on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:45 pm

London, Aclusia
Berworth greeted Holbrook cheerfully. "Indeed we have met before, Mister Holbrook, only a few months ago." As the two men reached Sir Hunt's office, Berworth shook Holbrooks hand and bid him farewell before then knocking on the office door.

Ostland
May 1927

With the signing of the ICS agreement, the Royal Navy was ordered to stand down. The order was, to the officers and men of the fleet, a source of great annoyance. They had been rushing about as though they were headless chickens, gathering provisions, stocks of coal and oil, storing shells and propellant. Making all the necessary preparations for sailing, only to be told that all their efforts had been wasted. They wouldn't be sailing after all. In fact, they wouldn't be doing anything for the time being. May was the time for elections and the new government was the time for the Parliamentary Elections and the "War Party" had won a narrow victory. Before, the MPs in favor of more direct actions, mainly part of the Conservative Party, had been forced into a coalition government with the moderate Centrists, an arrangement which had allowed them enough influence to make waves and noise but not enough to outright declare war on anyone. Now, however, the disputes in Indianum had changed public perception, mostly towards a greater interest in what the Conservatives called "Direct Action." Direct Action was little more than a euphemism, a somewhat friendly sounding term that really meant war, which as every single one of the men serving as the Royal Manticoran Armed Forces High Command knew, meant that tens or hundreds of thousands of young men would be dying. For the last few years, Queen Catherine had been able to leverage the moderates in Parliament to steer the Empire clear of all out war with Nihon. But now the majority of the moderates had been voted out and in their place, war-hawks, who played on the people's national pride. Who used Nihonese aggression to paint the moderates as weaklings who were selling out the Empire to foreign powers for personal gain. Nobody knew if the allegations were true and nobody cared. They made good print and the papers greatly influenced opinions. When the votes were tallied, everyone in the military found themselves receiving orders to stand-by. The transition was still taking place and it would be some time yet before anything major occured. But the election of war-hawks to Parliament meant that the generals and admirals of the Empire had to be ready. It was only a matter of time before Parliament held its votes and the war drums sounded.
Last edited by The Manticoran Empire on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For: Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan, American Nationalism, American citizens of Guam, American Samoa, Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, and US Virgin Islands receiving a congressional vote and being allowed to vote for president, military, veterans before refugees, guns, pro choice, LGBT marriage, plural marriage, US Constitution, World Peace, Global Unity.

By the Blood of our Fathers, By the Blood of our Sons, we fight, we die, we sacrifice for the Good of the Empire.

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

DETAILED

Postby Crimetopolis » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:03 am

DETAIL
Last edited by Crimetopolis on Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:14 pm

Imperial Palace/Imperial Army Headquarters/Imperial Navy Headquarters
Gokyo, Nihon
Late May 1927

Due to the recent decisions in the ICS to investigate the piracy in the Indianum Straits, officials had decided to send several diplomatic missions to Europa to remind their allies of the importance of the trade that flows through the Indianium Straits. To Aclus, Arengin, The Twelve Isles and Wargloria under heavy escort from the 5th Fleet through the Indianum Strait went government officials on a government funded 'vacation' with orders to spend money and make donations to the governments generously, to remind them of the important tourism Nihon had to offer.

Additionally, the 5th Fleet had successfully been engaging pirates and protecting convoys, and the arrival of the 1st Fleet in Nihon would mean a better chance of reinforcements. The 5th Fleet had sunk several small pirate boats, but unfortunately, as their crews struggled in the water, they were finished off as criminals, instead of being brought in for interrogation. Already merchant ships were being readied as Q Ships and more Nihonese Marines were being sent to serve on merchant vessels armed with an assortment of guns, with order to attempt to capture pirates alive.

Otherwise, in Nihon, the first domestically produced Medium Tank was built, the Type 87 Chi-I medium tank. It was ultimately declared too slow for use at 16 mph, but already a new tank was being designed. The current tank had armor of 6mm - 17mm and the main gun being the 57 mm Type 90 gun and the secondary armament was 2 x 7.7 mm Type 97 machine guns.

Orders were issued to admit Carriebean military personnel and civilians to Nihonese territories to protect them from the Breyburgian onslaught, which so far had murdered thousands.

Capital Building
Changchun, Manchuko
Late May 1927

With the ICS talking of a full investigation into the incident of the anarchist attack on the capital, Nihonese Major General Togo Yasuhara of the Kenpeitai had ordered Manchuko civil police, Kenpeitai, and the Emergency Service Unit to ready themselves in assisting the international investigators in their police work. All they had to do from there was wait and see who would arrive. Surely the Warglorian Gestapo could be called in to assist and see matters in a favorable way.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Rannoria
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rannoria » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am

The Battle for Rannkradle

From Shells to Shots
Rannkradle

War was hell, and Commander Josye Kane of the RSF knew that. He should've known that, when the Western League forces came marching upon Rannorian soil, the civil war would turn into a fight for survival. Of course, he couldn't have, but why had he betrayed all feelings of hatred towards the Warglorian and Aclusian menace? Hope? Desperation? He knew that, with much of Rannoria supporting the Red Front, he would not be able to hold the line against them along with the, now essentially non-existent, proper federalists. Perhaps it was the will of Bann'jo to strike him down as he had used the cause to restore Rannorian democracy to simply seize power? After all, greed could have been his downfall. But he quickly realised that he was going off-track of his initial train of thought, and continued thinking amidst all the shells whirring amongst the crashes and screams and suffering. Despite his generals and advisors telling him otherwise, he still decided to trust the Western League for no reason. And look at him now, making his last stand in a city no longer deemed to even be one. Amongst this, where were the Rusklandrs? Had they left after realising the lost cause that they faced in front of them? Had they joined the Rannorian adversary, with their artillery wailing amongst Aclusian guns? He did not know, but all he knew now was that only he along with his garrison were left. Both soldiers and many citizens alike fled the city after being given the chance, only leaving around 100,000 men to fight, with the leftover populace included. He hoped that those soldiers would continue to fight for the Rannorian cause, but he wouldn't blame them if they didn't. Some people just wanted the war to end - for conflict to stop. He knew those damned Reds in the south wouldn't stop fighting, but that was one thing he admired about them. If anything, they were patriotic to a fault, fighting to the last stand and dying for ideology and country. He sighed, and looked around him.

Despite the constant barrage which had been going on for more than a day straight, there had been no sight of enemy troops. The remaining Rannorians knew what was going to happen next. First the shells would strike, decimating buildings, defences, and lives, and then the troops would march in. Although there was some form of protection in the rubble of buildings, or in trenches quickly made during the evacuation and the leaflet drops, many men were left to their feet or to their luck to survive. As shrapnel and explosions took lives, Kane's closest circle and his men relocated further into the city. But soon they found out that the Aclusians were only targeting the outer defences of the city. Josye looked around him as he saw his group of men. He knew that, around the city, there were also groups of soldiers under other RSF leaders moving like him. They all had limited contact, whether it be through runners or limited but secure radios, but they all noticed one thing: the lack of enemy troops present. They all agreed that, when the troops did arrive, they would all rally to the south-east of the city centre, where residential and industrial buildings clumped together, resulting in more confusing, winding, and thin roads, where Josye would be waiting with his 15,000 or so men. To the Rannorians native to Rannkradle, this would be no issue, as they knew their way around the area along with several shortcuts, but to the enemy, infantry would have a much harder time navigating the streets. The city centre itself was wide and open, with long streets, and terrible terrain to fight in. Assuming that the Western League would close in from all sides, the Rannorians knew that there would at least be a better chance against the men approaching from the city centre, as sharpshooters, infantry, and machine gunners could fight from the cover of the clumped buildings. At their rendezvous point, they had already begun preparing defences against any sort of assault. Although they lacked artillery of their own, the Rannorians had the advantage of a complex urban terrain with them and buildings all around as not only cover, but also hiding spots. Kane's men along with a few generals that had already rendezvoused at the location had not only placed themselves near potential chokepoints and in buildings for sharpshooters, ambushes, and cover, but they also had access to explosives which were rigged to explode upon tripwire detonation. Soldiers and other men were also encouraged to salvage buildings and rubble to create their own makeshift tripwire, with the help of more experienced soldiers teaching them how with their prior experiences in similar situations. The men didn't know how much time they had, but they set to work and did so quickly.

As the first of Kane's generals arrived, he suggested the idea of utilising Rannoria's underground systems and locations. This was met by great enthusiasm, and so him along with the general arranged plans for this. The underground Rannorian railway along with the sewage tunnel system would be used for soldiers to hide in and ambush enemies. As soldiers would hear their enemies coming, they would jump out and attack them. Eventually, it really came down to how many men would ambush the opponent and how many men there were to kill, but only time would tell. Soldier would also use these systems for more concealed transport, as the tunnels were more narrow and, of course less open. Another idea was to have groups of men be joined in a two-part operation, where one group on the outside could hide, and if an ambush by them took place, they would give a signal, and the other group underground would join them, leading to a pincer movement. These plans really ultimately came down to the group sizes themselves and the individuals in the fight, but the Rannorians could use any advantage they could get.

Soon, around 45,000 men were located around the rendezvous point, with them already in position and ready for combat. The other 65,000 reported that they were either on the way, or that they would stay in their positions for now and would spread themselves around the city intentionally. To expand on that latter note, some would also do the same, but would begin moving to the rendezvous point when troops began arriving. All leaders had one thing in mind, though. The cover of the city was their greatest advantage, and to not use that would be foolish. It was at precisely at 2100 hours, more than a day since the first artillery fired, when the Earth stopped shaking. Many men had realised that the artillery had begun to quiet itself, with the shells' whirs becoming less frequent. Soon, the audible whirs stopped. Some men were relieved momentarily, but then quickly realised the truth of the situation. Enemy soldiers would be approaching. It was at around 2110 hours where the artillery fired up again, and it was at 2120that a leader more independent from Josye's operations radioed in. His radio was brief, but in it, important information was held. The north of Rannkradle was already under attack, with his men being the first to face the enemy. He noted that tanks, APCs, and other armoured vehicles were to be expected, and to ready whatever makeshift explosives and proper explosives there were. Josye told the men closest to him, who would spread the word from man to man, from building to building, and from tunnel to tunnel. He radioed what was to be done to the other commanders, and a more independent general to the south reported that men were advancing from there too. Another general, this one being out of combat, began to notice that the artillery was growing louder, and with another radio confirmation, the artillery was now closing into the city.

Soon, Josye's men began the fight. All around the city, every man had begun the fight. This was the battle for Rannkradle, and every soldier would use every chance they could get to win it.

[Rannorians Running after a Successful Encounter]

[Warglorian Soldiers Advancing into the City]

[A Destroyed Outer Rannkradle
]
This is Rannoria, don't forget to eat your own two feet!

please join the Federation of Allies

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Since toppling the monarchy and forcing King Hamilton, his family, and much of the nation's nobility to flee the country in exile, the Iron Guard Party has had economic reform and industrialization on the top of its list of national priorities. Now, with massive expansion of the Hoosier military, this issue has become more important than ever. In order to wean the country off of foreign imports, the Hoosier government has been encouraging, supporting, and subsidizing industrial build up in the country for years, while purchasing Manticorean arms to prop up its military in the mean time. Now, however, the Hoosier government is confident when it says that the majority of deals made with Manticorean companies can be ended, and Hoosier industry take the burden of producing Hoosier's military equipment.

For months, Hoosier companies have been producing the Hoosier designed Mannlicher M1895, able to compete or outperform some of the best rifles produced today. Now, the Hoosier Army is being reoutfitted with the rifle, to replace the Manticorean produced weapons as the standard rifle. Orders with Manticorean companies would continue, however, and large amounts of money would be invested in buying Manticorean trucks in an attempt to increasingly motorize the military.

Another round of recruitment for the Army is also beginning, with an additional twenty nine infantry divisions and twelve armored divisions being called for. The air force is also set to expand, with the demand for five hundred more fighters, making a total of one thousand five hundred, and another four hundred bombers, for a total of one thousand, as well as one hundred fifty more transport planes, making it three hundred all together. Lastly, an aircraft carrier is also ordered from Manticorean companies, adding it to the list of ships ordered by Hoosier, and forty corvettes were to be built by Hoosier companies.
Last edited by The Hoosier Alliance on Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

Aclus
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:36 pm

The Battle of Rannkradle

July 7th, 1927
A long engagement

Firefights in every corner of the street, the shaking of the ground as Aclusian and Warglorian troops and armoured vehicles poured into the city followed by hundreds of fighter bombers and other sorts of aircraft. It had been a grueling month of combat between the Rannorian rebels and the Western league forces, though as time passed it had begun to show signals that the fallen Rannorian capital, was soon ready to capitulate. Shells had torn the city into rubble, mass killing any remnant of the brave souls that decided to stay in their homes instead of evacuating like as instructed days ago. The streets were littered with the stench of corpses trapped beneath the rubble of fallen building, or even laying out in the open for all to see. The whole battle had been reminiscent of the Great 9 years war less than a decade prior, involving all 3 belligerents of the battle weathering out to the storm of war until the collapse of ones infrastructure. However here it would be decided differently.

The Aclusian 2nd army of the North, a.k.a the former Army Group A of the 21st Aclusian Army detachment, had fully encircled the city. Roads leading in and out to deliver vital supplies had all but been cut off, having checkpoints set up to stop any rebel deserters. Rannkradles very own harbor was the last escape chance for any rebel, up until recently being hammered every day by Battleships of the Royal navy, it was now a game of attrition, how long could the Rebels keep on fighting before hunger and lack of supplies set in.

Another aspect of Aclusian superiority of the situation was the mass of artillery and air coordination with the ground forces. Tactics learned from the 9 years war were deployed as well as being refined with the newest heavy guns in the Aclusian Royal artillery's arsenal. two hundred and twenty six artillery pieces had been set up around the cities perimeter, pounding at the last Lines held by the foolhardy rebels. Day and night these guns fired, shaking the earth beneath them as they continuously poured in hellfire.

As the battle raged on however, General Miles Dempsey had begun planning the final push into the heart of the Rebel leaderships holdout. He then had gathered his staff officers and those that commanded the men on the front lines to meet with him in the Aclusian General headquarters located right outside the city. Inside the building, a manor commandeered from a Rannorian fallen baron the men gathered around the long wooden table that had contained the map of the city along with the plans of battle for the whole Second army. The first of Miles's officers had stepped up, advising a plan to gather all of what Aclusian forces that laid in wait in the city, and following a barrage from the artillery synchronized with that of the Battleships guns, to push with all their might into the heart of the rebels. Simple yet effective, though reckless to launch everything at once. The fellow officers of the board had greeted the idea however with the only sound solution, as most of the city had been in Aclusian hands already.

"Do you gentlemen remember the Bog?" Miles asked as he pondered his thoughts, examining every detail of the map.

The other officers in the room all looked at one another, with looks of shame the men all began to speak in agreement as they responded to Miles.

"We used a similar tactic, though it was a sound solution our men were exhausted before even completing half of their objectives, what if we leapfrog it like we did in Monisgart?" Miles stated as he looked to his fellow officers who were curious of the idea, but began to get the sense of understanding of General Dempsey's strategy. Aclusian soldiers on the ground would be split back into platoons with their own armoured support to follow them. As the men progressed in the attack, fresh platoons would follow from behind with unwary reinforcements to press the attack and hold taken ground. The tactic of Leapfrogging was then put into effect, and with that the artillery had begun its final barrage.

London, Aclusia

Sir Henry Hunt was startled, as the knock on the door had awoken him. Quickly he got up and fixed the new painting on his wall of him that has seemed crooked, and with a glance of the artwork, a smile was carved into his face. The work of art was a self portrait of him in full uniform on his light brown horse he had lost, during the great 9 years war when he served with the Aclusian cavalry in Rannoria. The remembering the whole mess with the door, he took his seat and straightened his back for business.

"Do come in!" Hunt said, awaiting the guest.
The Aclusian Empire

Guuj Xaat Kil
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Guuj Xaat Kil » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:06 am

11th Division, 3rd Corps, 2nd Army of Tubuska
A couple of days ago...

"AMBU-"

The man didn't get to finish that sentence as he was shot squarely in the head by a distant sharpshooter. Which of course, prompted another man to yell "SNIPER! GET DOWN!". He followed immediately, not wanting to be the next man to have a pair of holes on both sides of his head. Oh, you want his name? Its Nate Garro, a newly promoted corporal, and his squad was nowhere to be seen. "Shit shit shit shit!" he had hurriedly shouted in his head while rushing towards an outcropping of rocks, his helmet pinged as a bullet scraped past it just a few moments before he was able to take cover behind the stones. "Over here!" He loudly whispered to a group of his fellow soldiers scurrying about under withering fire, and they scurried on over to his hiding spot. "A bad day we're having, let's get a move on, shall we?" he told them, "Introductions after we survive this.". He looked at his surroundings, noting the fact that they were by the same treeline the ambushing forces were in. "Right, anyone wanna ambush an ambush?" halfhearted nods were his answer, "I'll take that as a yes, now here's the plan.".

And the plan was to simply skirt around the treeline towards the sharpshooters' positions and ambush them, ending the ambush. Seems simple on paper, but this was war, and plans are useless, but planning was and is everything. And so the small group of ten men entered the treeline and slowly approached the Syndicalist snipers' position. Of course, since plans die upon contact with the enemy, or in this case, twigs, the plan died when Corporal Garro himself stepped on a twig close to the enemy, alerting them of their position. "Behind the trees!" He barked out as he dropped towards the base of a pine tree, and the area where he was just a moment ago was lit up by machine gun fire. He noticed the distinct sound of the guns that were being fired, "Lewis guns? They must've captured a couple of Aclusians.".

"Alright, I want you," he pointed at a brown-eyed private, "To lob as many grenades as possible at them, and the rest of us will be spraying at them as much led as possible, kapiche?". Intimidated, the private nodded and prepared himself. "Give the man your grenades." he ordered the others while throwing on over his, the private caught them clumsily, "Careful with those, private. Don't want them popping right at your feet now?". More moments pass, and now the private has all of the grenades, "Here's what you'll do, pull down the trigger of a stick grenade, and lob them towards the enemy one by one, as fast as possible. Stop when I say 'charge' okay?" he explained, "That's all you have to do, you understand? Now go!". The private quickly went to work, readying the grenades by placing them in a way that would allow for quicker usage, making sure that they wouldn't ignite due to external sources. Then the throwing began.

"STICK OUT!" he yelled as he threw the first stick grenade towards the enemy, and then the rest of them began firing with their PPD-26 sub-machine guns and DLMGs, to suppress anyone that might throw the grenades back at them, "STICK OUT!". Two explosions, and screaming men. "Looks like it worked." He nodded. Now it was time to advance, "Right folks," he began, "Time to move the line, CHARGE!". And so they went, charging into the first enemy line, one deposited lead into a pair of Rannorian syndicalists with abandon, another bludgeoned a man with the butt of his DLMG before spraying around 5 rounds into the enemy's head, as for him, he had slit the throat of one with his combat knife, and shot another with his submachine gun. "All clear! Private get over here, we still got others to kill!" He yelled out over the noise, the other sharpshooters would be here real soon.

And so they advanced, throw grenades, advance, and kill them all, rinse and repeat until there were none. At the end of it all, it seems that they had eliminated 100 ambushing men.

Rannkradle, present

This was back when they were still mired at the foothills of those accursed mountains, although that was quite welcoming compared to- "WATCH OUT SNIPER!". Looks like the one shouting survived this encounter, at the very least. Still doesn't excuse the fact that each and every building was talking in Rannorian, and wanted to kill you at all costs. Those nine men he encountered earlier? All dead, one died to another ambush while they were stopping in a village for supplies, a pair died to artillery, and the rest, all of them were six feet under in the streets of this city, in shoddily and quickly made unmarked graves. The further they went in, the more mounds were being made. Right now there were at least three graves being dug every twelve hours. And that was on a good day, on bad days... Well he had helped dug up holes in a ruined park for a second lieutenant and his entire platoon, well, most of his platoon, did you get the extent of the battle's intensity yet?

"Get down! Artillery barrage incoming!" A first lieutenant yelled, only to be shot in the chest then head, afterwards the artillery came. Fire and brimstone fell upon their enemies in what seemed to be an unceasing storm of shells. When the dust cleared, there were only dismembered bodies strewn everywhere, and craters on the ground. And now it was raining... "Is that one of ours?" Corporal Nate asked as he took note of a body on a dead tree. "Yep," another soldier, this time a Sergeant, replied, "Strayed too close to the firing zone, got blasted to bits for it.".

"Right folks, we all want to give the Syndies hell for all our losses," the sergeant began, "But our supplies are depleted and we gotta go back to the rear command center.". They all just nodded at that, one had even prayed to Cthulhu, "for no ambushes on the way back" if he heard the man correctly. Soon they were on their way, and the prayer seemed to have worked, for now. Not a single Syndie in sight, and they arrived at the command center for all units at their side of the river.

"You all look like shit, patch yourselves up quickly now." A medic told them as they arrived at the gates of an abandoned mansion that was being used as their command center. And so they did, patching up bullet holes, and helping themselves to meds. Those who could still fight raided the supply depot for whatever they needed to push further into the city. About two hours passed, and by the end of those, they we're all ready to fight another day. "Ready to dive into the gates of hell again folks?" Kurt bitterly joked, and he got half-hearted 'tch's and people spitting on the floor, there was one who even whispered 'fuck off', thank goodness he was on the front row.

"Right, we should refrain from such remarks, we don't want morale to be in the gutter now do we?" began the sergeant, who had finished preparing. Oh you want his name as well? Its Oliver Yamdon. "Right-o," he drawn out that last letter, then an empty truck passed by, "Come on lads, we've got a ride at least, let's get a move on now.". He clambered up the truck first, assisting the rest of his men.

"Shit, thought we fought for the RSF man." A private muttered to himself, which prompted Oliver to reply. "Well, shit changes, and in this case, shit changed hard." he replied, "Dunno what the higher-ups are thinking, but orders be orders.".

As the driver took a turn into the area where the men used to be, a pair of bullets penetrated the glass window of his vehicle and hit him square in the chest and his partner in the head. In his shock, he had made a sharp turn to the left, forcing the truck to crash into an alley, killing both him and his partner. The men in the back fared no better, but at least they were alive and well. "FUCK! Alright, everyone get out get out!" the sergeant ordered, and the corporal relayed, "We don't want to be ten feet near this thing, might pop!". They all rushed to the back, in a semi-orderly manner as to not trample others. Eventually they were all outside and as far from the truck as possible, which was a building on the other side of the street. At least it didn't blow up. Unfortunately for them, there were snipers everywhere.

"Take cover, and keep your head low!" Garro hurriedly and loudly whispered, he had switched the safety off on his gun, as did the others. He again observed his surroundings to see if they could get out of this manure silo. As luck would have it, the building they were in was a corner 3-story tailor building facing a public square and was in somewhat good shape, which meant they could take a look at what they had to deal with, and they did. Checking if the building had any enemies in it, and there were none, they quickly went to the 3rd floor, which appeared to be a viewing area of sorts, with large windows and such. Peeking over the windows, they saw the artillery-ravaged square that they were at earlier, and the buildings surrounding it.

"There's a lot of dummies here, full body and everything," a private, not liking the presence of the mannequins, "Always hated the things.". The tailor's dummies gave the corporal an idea however, on how to spot the snipers. "Right folks, I've got a plan, and it involves your uniforms." Then he began explaining in detail. Firstly, they would clothe the mannequins with their uniforms. Next, the dummies would be moved outside to where the enemy could see them. The third part and the hardest one by far, was spotting the muzzle flashes on the first three tries. The enemy was smart, and wouldn't be fooled multiple times. In a few minutes, the preparations for the decoys were made, and the first one was moved out in the open. They all heard the sound of a rifle, but the flash was nowhere to be seen.

Then the second came out, this time in a trio, a pair of bangs, then a delay, then another bang, muzzle flash not in sight. At least they knew that there was a pair of the accursed sharpshooters, hooray... And then the final pair of dummies was sent out, "Come on, come on, where are you fuckers hiding at..." And this time they succeeded in spotting them! Just on the other side of the square, two distinct muzzle flashes in a ruined building's second floor. "Finally!" the corporal rejoiced, "Right, marksmen, you're up!". They had a pair of snipers, some farmhand conscripted from the Breadbasket called Culann, and a Haida native called Yahl. The two quickly went to work and fired at the enemy.

"They're do- Holy fuck!" Yahl confirmed two kills, only to be interrupted by the sight of more than 300 men entering the square, and about a hundred coming out of the building the snipers were in, all heavily armed. The former was unaware, the latter was beelining their position, "Corporal! We've got about 400 angry Syndies coming at us fast!".

"Shit, everyone barricade the second floor!" They all rushed down to said floor to destroy the stairs leading down to the ground floor, denying the enemy access to the. "Right, marksmen, on the third floor, make sure all your bullets are kills!" Corporal Garro began issuing orders at a rapid pace, lives were at stake here, "Machine gunners, on the second floor, make sure to avoid getting shot, and lastly, I want five men at all times at the 2nd floor stairs, and a single man per two windows, we don't want them climbing! Let's go let's go!". And so the 50 man group sprinted throughout the building to set up their positions as fast as possible for the siege to come.

This was occurring everywhere in the city, with variations. Either side would bunker down on a strategic building, the opposing side would try to take it back, resulting in brutal floor-by-floor close-quarters combat. Men would be gunned down just to climb a flight of stairs into another floor. Upturned tables were turned into makeshift barricades. Grenades flew left and right. Holes in between floors were used to fire at any passing enemy below. In one every five rooms in a building, a fight was taking place, and it was always guaranteed that all floors would have gunfire.

Back at that three story building, the fight had begun. Four hundred against fifty, and the former's numbers would be growing every hour. Machine gunners on the second floor began spraying a fury of lead into whatever mass of syndicalist men they could spot. On the third floor, marksmen shot everything that could be killed with one bullet, an overextended infantryman? One shot, one kill. A misplaced enemy machine gunner? One shot, one kill. A medic? One shot, one kill. The rest of the men were also busy as hell to prevent anyone from climbing the second floor. By the stairs, a five man group held against fifty or so enemy soldiers, just to prevent them from getting their ladder up, and on the event that they did, they risked their lives to push it down. Other soldiers were rushing from one window to another to check if any enemy was trying to raise a ladder, and if they spotted one, they again risked their lives in order to prevent it from occurring.

Heroes were being made on this day, on both sides. But the numbers didn't lie, soon 400 syndicalist men grew to 500, then to 600, and so on and so forth, at a rapidly increasing pace. And while their numbers grew, the 50 man group dwindled in numbers, right now, there were only 20 men, and 15 of those were at the 2nd floor, desperately trying to prevent the enemy from clambering up. And now it was 10 men with the lucky grenade throw of a syndie into the second floor, killing 7 immediately and the other three by bleeding. The corporal then ordered everyone on the 2nd floor to evacuate to the third, and when they all got to the stairs "BLOW IT UP!". They were only delaying the inevitable.

"Corporal!" A private yelled, "We've lost all our sharpshooters! And we've only got 3 machine gunners left!". This meant they only had 5 men left, him, the private, and three others. "Prepare the grenades!" He yelled to everyone in the midst of the withering sound of enemy gunshots, "If they want to fully control this building, we'll make sure that they'll pay as much as possible for it!". And as a last morale booster, "THE CONFEDERACY FOREVER! HOORAH BOYS HOORAH!" At the top of his lungs he yelled, and so did the fiv- four men left. Activating and tossing as many of their grenades at the enemies below, they were sure to make massive casualties among the enemy ranks, at the cost of their own lives as enemy gunfire was focused directly on them.

I take a glance to the side, and I see that private from earlier, lying cold in a pool of his own blood, left fist clenched. I shall dig you a grave after all of this, I'll mak- Is- is time slowing down? Ah, must be because of that intense pain in my shoulder, then in my torso. I cannot scream, I cannot say a thing, I cannot cry out in pain.

And yet here I stand, defiant. There's still grenades to throw, and I do so in spite of the pain and blood flowing from my wounds. One grenade out of the window, I will not fold. I will not break. I will not falter. I, will, stand. Elder Ones be with me, give me strength to stand and fight, let me rage on against the dying light.

A gunshot, quite distinct, and now my wounded right shoulder is fully broken, and my arm flies away to the side. Bleeding and pain, but to falter now is to die. Another gunshot, pain, pain, pain in my other shoulder. I can't throw no more, and yet I must. Willing myself and my broken arm, there are still grenades to throw. They must be thrown, they must-

Pain in my knee, my body folds. There are still grenades to be thrown. There are still grenades to be thrown. There are still grenades to be thrown. There are still grenades to be thrown. There are still grenades to be thrown.. There are still grenades to be thrown...

.hi.bye.

All is numb.

.co.me.

Sheridan my friend? Did you die in Sirvanska?

.ye.up.

Ah, you're taking me... Let's get a move on then, give me a moment to get up.

Somewhat dark...

.not.yet.

"HE'S WAKING UP!"

Light assaults my eyes once more, although its clear that I'm not in that building anymore, rather, I'm in a tent. All I can come up with are the three W's of the confused: What? Why? Where? At least the pain is gone.

The ruffling of tent flaps, "Ah good," I hear someone say, said someone then enters my field of vision, "You're awake, I thought we lost you to your severe injuries.". I take a peek at where my dominant hand was, and all I see is a stub by my shoulders. "You're lucky to be alive right now." He added.

"You don't say?" I snarkily joked, although my voice was faint, so you could say that 'I snarkily croaked out a joke' instead if you wanted accuracy. I get a slight smile in response. "What happened?" I asked.

"Ah, a tank column arrived and dispatched the hundreds of men by that building you were in," he explained, "Judging by the amount of men, it appeared that you put on some insane resistance.". "And believe it or not, you just woke up right after the flags were waved on top of their capitol." The doctor continued.

"We, won? Huh..." I couldn't celebrate right now, "And the others?"...

A frown and a sigh, "Sole survivor.".

.im.sry.
Last edited by Guuj Xaat Kil on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former Foreign Minister of the Federation of Allies.
Formerly [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], 8000 combined what the heck.

egg

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:30 am

Newne Caribbean, Siege of Alva
Private First Class Raymond Cox gripped his Mannlicher M1895 rifle tightly as he ducked behind a crumbling wall in order to avoid that fire of half a dozen Caribbean rifles. His platoon at been making steady progress through the costal city of Alva ever since Hoosier forces reached it three days ago. It sat near the border with Nihonese Hallfurt, and Hoosier high command demanded its capture. Hoosier forces had been advancing non-stop since entering the country, much to the delight of the generals who knew this would be quick and easy war. More enemy soldiers surrendered than fought, making things particularly easy. However, that was not the case in Alva, where many of the starving, desperate, defenders decided to fight.

Private Cox peeked over the low wall, which had likely been destroyed by Hoosier artillery raining down on the city, and fired his rifle, killing a Caribbean soldier. Several others in his squad returned fire as well, killing or chasing off the Caribbean defenders. The street before them was filled with rubble and a few bodies, crumbling buildings on either side. Their objective was half a mile ahead of them. It was near the center of the city, and where the Caribbean Army would soon be crushed. Cox's squad had been making decent progress, slogging through the streets of the Caribbean city. The local defenders didn't put up much of a fight by themselves, but it seemed like there were countless of these pathetic "soldiers" on every block. As Cox and his fellow Hoosiers kept their eyes on the empty windows and storefronts, his sergeant, William Boyden, ordered them to stop.

Crouching on the side of the street, taking cover behind the burnt out husk of a troop transport truck while two men kept watch on the street from their position near the rear the vehicle, which was pointed towards the end of the street, the men huddled up as Sergeant Boyden began to talk. "Alright men," he began, "We're less than a mile from the rendezvous with the rest of the company. Artillery and bombings should be starting any minute now to soft up the Caribbeans. Once our forces are massed, we'll be moving in the finish off the rest of 'em, and take this city. Any questions?"

When no one responded, the sergeant nodded and said, "Alright then, let's go."

The squad's next half mile was mostly uneventful, with only the distant sounds of gunfire and explosions to accompany them. The Hoosiers rounded the last corner and came face to face with the massing Hoosier soldiers on this side of the block of apartments. The buildings were full of soldiers and supplies, with men and vehicles rushing around, preparing for the final assault on the last, surrounded, Caribbean position. Two companies, Able and Charlie of the 4th Regiment, had taken this group of apartments to stage their part of the assault on the trapped Caribbeans. As the squad approached, they were greeted by their lieutenant and ordered to take their position with the rest of the platoon, at the front of the attack.

Cox and his squad made their way through the maze of supplies and soldiers, and eventually got to their position. The wall of this particular section of the apartment had mostly fallen, leaving a good section of cover coming up to a man's hip. The soldiers were crouching behind the wall, their rifles in hand, as they waited for their orders.

Before them was an empty courtyard, with apartments on all sides, forming a cube. Right in front of them, a crater filled hill rose just enough to protect the Caribbean line on the other side of the field from Hoosier fire, unless the Hoosier advanced. This was probably a good thing, considering the Hoosiers weren't meant to advance until the entire attack commenced.

For almost half an hour, the Hoosiers waited, resting until the orders came. Artillery, mortars, and bombers dropped their explosive loads on Caribbean positions as the Army prepared itself to advance. Then, suddenly, it happened.

As the last of the artillery went silent, and when the last bombers flew from view, a whistle blew from far down to the right, then one blew that was closer, then their own lieutenant blew a whistle, and it continued on down the line until all the respective officers were blowing whistles. The whole process took less than five seconds, and as the whistles sounded, the Hoosiers gave a roar of rage and violence as they leaped from their positions and charged, bayonets first, over the hill and towards the enemy.

As they crested the hill, the fire of Caribbean rifles sounded, as did the rattle of a few machineguns. The poorly armed Caribbeans, however, possessed inaccurate rifles and machineguns prone to overheating, and that isn't considering the lack of sufficient ammunition for their poor equipment. While a few Hoosiers fell, the majority kept on running, with some pausing to fire every few dozen feet. Within a minute, Private Cox managed to reach the Caribbean line at the front of the Hoosier charge.

He leaped over some piled sandbags, driving his bayonet into a reloading Caribbean before turning his rifle on another and firing. Over the course of several minutes, the Hoosier broke the Caribbean soldiers, sending the few living defenders running, right before they were cut down by the machinegun fire of an advancing column of armored cars in the street.

The men, seeing their advancing comrades, raised their rifles and cheered as the cars passed, their drivers and gunners smiling and waving at their infantry brothers. As Cox milled around, a victorious smile on his face, he was stopped by his sergeant, who said grimly, "Stop your celebrating, boy. This was a victory over Carries, not Nihonese. Real war isn't this easy, most enemies won't be this weak. Trust me, I know real war." The man stalked off, shooting angry glares here and there as the men began to reorganize themselves for the continued advance into the last few remaining pockets of Caribbean resistance.

"Sarge giving you a hard time?" Cox heard from behind him. He turned to see George Melgoza walking towards him. "Yeah," Cox said. Melgoza shook his head with a tired expression, "Don't take it personally. I don't know if you know, but he served in the Royal Army, like a lot of officers. Fought at the Battle of the Bog, and in Ruskland in general. He understands real war. Still, you did good here, Ray. Keep up the soldierin'." Melgoza walked off, slinging his AF-11 sub machinegun over his shoulder and pulling out a cigarette.

Cox just looked around him as soldiers rushed about, making preparations to occupy the remaining portions of the city. He considered the sergeants words, and coming to the conclusion he was right. While the war had, so far, been good practice for Cox, it was just that. Practice. Not all wars would be as easy as the one Hoosier fought with Newne Caribbean.
- Thomas Jefferson
- Thomas Jefferson
-Mark Twain
- Benjamin Franklin
-George Mason
-George Mason

The Manticoran Empire
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby The Manticoran Empire » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:24 am

London, Aclusia

Lord Berworth returned Sir Hunt's greeting with enthusiasm. "It is good to see you again, Henry," he said, beaming warmly as he clasped Hunt's hand firmly. He released Hunt's hand and walked to a chair across from the desk and said, "If it isn't too much trouble, I'd like to get down to business. Quite simply, Sir, Queen Catherine wishes to extend to you an olive branch. Since her cousin has married the brother of your king, she sees it as the duty of the Empire to provide guarantees of support. She mentioned something about family being there for each other in times of strife or something to that effect. To that end, she has tasked me with securing a non-aggression and mutual defense agreement, as well as charging me with informing you that, should there ever be a conflict or catastrophe that embroils Aclus, the Empire will be there, providing whatever aid is needed."

Das Kapital Region
Newne Carriebean
Late 1927

The fighting in Das Kapital had been raging for months now and the city was in ruins. There was a hardly a building left standing as the Empire bombarded the city from land and air, with howitzers, rockets, tanks, field guns, grenades, high explosive and incendiary bombs, and even flame throwers. Corpses littered the streets, some uniformed soldiers of the Empire or Carriebean. Others civilians caught in the crossfire. Some were fresh, killed only hours or days ago. Others were weeks old, bloated, buzzing with flies and crawling with maggots. Still others were months old and practically nothing but bones.
It wasn't the fighting prowess of the Carriebean army that had delayed the Empire's advance in the city. Far from it. Carriebean troops were malnourished and diseased, armed with obsolete and unreliable weapons, and being led by suicidally incompetent officers and NCOs. No, it wasn't the Army that delayed the Empire. It was the city itself. The city was as incompetently designed as the nation which had built it. A maze of patchwork huts and dead end streets. Alleys that lead to chasms or into walls. Roads that looped back around seven or eight times because the man charged with laying them had forgotten where he was. Buildings built so close together that they simply had to be destroyed entirely to allow vehicles to pass. Yes. It was the city itself that delayed the Empire's advance. And the Empire had determined to punish the city for the inconvenience.

Vicuna, Middenland, Manticore
January 1928

The new Parliament, comprised mostly of aggressive Conservative politicians, was working the system. Briefs and reports were sent to conservative newspapers and radio stations, telling of Nihonese crimes against humanity in Opus and Shishiri, about how the Nihonese were behind the pirate attacks straits. About how the Nihonese government used the Kenpeitai to murder Manticoran soldiers in Almaty. The newsies didn't ask for confirmation from other sources. They didn't bother to look for proof themselves. They ran the stories, just like they were expected to. The headlines were catchy and the sales reports didn't lie. More papers were sold when the headlines spoke of Nihonese crimes. So the stories were published on the front page of hundreds of newspapers across the country and shouted through radio speakers at millions of Manticorans. Newsreels in cinemas across the country showed footage of Nihonese atrocities and the aftermath of the Nihonese backed Carriebean invasion of Parsa. Did anyone ask if some of the footage was less than truthful? No. Nobody asked because nobody cared. The claims and headlines made the papers and radio ads and newsreel slots more profitable so no one was worried about if they were accurate.
And that was precisely what the Conservatives wanted. When the companies responsible for disseminating information cared more about profit than accuracy, the Government could achieve any goal it wanted. All it needed to do was put the right spin on it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse