NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Author Applicaiton

Name: Edward "Ted" Tomlinson
Height and Weight: 130 lbs and 5"7
Skin, hair, and eye description: pale skin (very pale; like vampire pale), brown hair, and blue eyes, has glasses.
( Optional ) Picture: Naw

Prior Profession: Restaurant Worker
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): High school Graduate
Physique description: 'skin and bones' skinny, thin,
Useful skills: Nerdy, rough recollection of boyscout skills,

National Origin: America, Texas
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Was intending to jump right in this time, and gloss over it. Maybe a flashback to cover it. Falling asleep sounds cliche and good.
Description of personality: Rather calm and collective, loves to think through things, and loves to debate opinions and see other viewpoints. Known to despise unfinished arguments, fights, or lack of compromise. Also known to strike hard bargains or ultimatums to get things he desires most. As his zodiac sign, is of course Aquarius, many personality traits that the zodiac sign holds, is quite fitting for Edward's personality
Where in the world are you landing?: Spalding, UK,

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ):
Born in the chilly northlands of Minnesota, a land of many lakes. Fate however had not intended the boy of the north to remain, in the north, and so was swept to the south, where his father could find a better more proper job. At this point the lad was no older than a 10 winters. He grew used to Texas, and adjusted to its climate. As time went by the winter chills affect him more, than they used to and he grew a firm distaste in winter weather. Regardless the boy grew mature and responsible, getting a job, helping around the house, and helping his father before his passing. With this firm stalwart attitude from being raised from his father, he was able to act upon himself, and become mostly free-thinking. However he is that age, where most face many things unprepared and this lad in for a world of surprise. (Sorry its so short really lazy on my backstory.)

( Optional on down)
What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?:
Go to the new world, essentially return home
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?:
Rome, England, America, Germany,
Why did you chose to land where you did?:
The shit going down in england looks fun
What are your character's motivations?:
To get home, and try to make his standard of living back to where it ought to be modern era.
Theme Song?: Naw, rather not.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:
Dunno yet, will think about it in time, and voice it if need be.

Salvaging my old character and having him reincarnate into this lad. Doing that since its been like 17 years since old Edward did anything.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Luther may not have kids and try to find ways to keep himself sane.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Oh no. No presence... yet.

Actually considering creating a short lore post on Irish-Imperial first contact based on what you said about far flung settlements swearing fealty to Mara.

Sure, feel free. It’s a natural consequence of how the Imperium does fealty, one which will need to naturally evolve before I have Viktor pragmatically curtail it.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Author Applicaiton

Skin, hair, and eye description: pale skin (very pale; like vampire pale), brown hair, and blue eyes, has glasses.

Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): High school Graduate

What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Was intending to jump right in this time, and gloss over it. Maybe a flashback to cover it. Falling asleep sounds cliche and good.
Description of personality: Rather calm and collective, loves to think through things, and loves to debate opinions and see other viewpoints. Known to despise unfinished arguments, fights, or lack of compromise. Also known to strike hard bargains or ultimatums to get things he desires most. As his zodiac sign, is of course Aquarius, many personality traits that the zodiac sign holds, is quite fitting for Edward's personality

Born in the chilly northlands of Minnesota, a land of many lakes. Fate however had not intended the boy of the north to remain, in the north, and so was swept to the south, where his father could find a better more proper job. At this point the lad was no older than a 10 winters. He grew used to Texas, and adjusted to its climate. As time went by the winter chills affect him more, than they used to and he grew a firm distaste in winter weather. Regardless the boy grew mature and responsible, getting a job, helping around the house, and helping his father before his passing. With this firm stalwart attitude from being raised from his father, he was able to act upon himself, and become mostly free-thinking. However he is that age, where most face many things unprepared and this lad in for a world of surprise. (Sorry its so short really lazy on my backstory.)

( Optional on down)
To get home, and try to make his standard of living back to where it ought to be modern era.

Salvaging my old character and having him reincarnate into this lad. Doing that since its been like 17 years since old Edward did anything.

Ted's back baby :bow: :bow: :bow:
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Author Applicaiton

( Optional on down)

Welcome back man. And yes, the "shit" going down in my part of the world is getting very interesting.

Accepted.

Edit: how did you plan on getting to America?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:33 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Joohan wrote:
There is no Imperial presence in the British isles, outside a few missionaries. That had been stated a while ago.

Oh no. No presence... yet.

:)
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:37 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Author Applicaiton

( Optional on down)

Welcome back to the fresh hell that is Britain! Shame you're not in Scotland. That'd cause all sorts of shenanigans.

Ralnis wrote:Luther may not have kids and try to find ways to keep himself sane.

Pat's in the same boat. His relationship with Cathalan is one of platonic friendship, and mutual respect. I can't see them having kids anytime soon, which'll probably keep him sane in the long run.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Author Applicaiton

( Optional on down)

Welcome back to the fresh hell that is Britain! Shame you're not in Scotland. That'd cause all sorts of shenanigans.

Ralnis wrote:Luther may not have kids and try to find ways to keep himself sane.

Pat's in the same boat. His relationship with Cathalan is one of platonic friendship, and mutual respect. I can't see them having kids anytime soon, which'll probably keep him sane in the long run.

How many people actually live in Scotland you think? I don't think too many...

Edit: final campaign post is ALMOST done.
Last edited by Joohan on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:-snip-

Ted's back baby :bow: :bow: :bow:

Its good to be back. :)
Joohan wrote:

Welcome back man. And yes, the "shit" going down in my part of the world is getting very interesting.

Accepted.

Its more of a long term goal. As it stands, Edward doesnt even know the world is the same yet, so I was thinking Ill come up with a plan when the opportunity to get there arises.

Bortslovakia wrote:

Being a denizen of the bloody war for supremacy of the isles sounds to fun to ignore. Someone needs to edit the total war thrones of Britannia trailer, so that it more accurately represents this alternate bloody war for the isles.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Ted's back baby :bow: :bow: :bow:

Its good to be back. :)
Joohan wrote:

Accepted.

Its more of a long term goal. As it stands, Edward doesnt even know the world is the same yet, so I was thinking Ill come up with a plan when the opportunity to get there arises.

Plenty of players so far. Icedonian war fanatics consolidating their control in England and Wales; Imperial Missionaries being introduced to the region; Hibernian's sailors fighting for their rocks in the Orkney's; Commonwealth raiders fighting for those very same rocks.

Britain is going to be very interesting during this phase.

Bortslovakia wrote:

Being a denizen of the bloody war for supremacy of the isles sounds to fun to ignore. Someone needs to edit the total war thrones of Britannia trailer, so that it more accurately represents this alternate bloody war for the isles.[/quote]

... Hana, if you don't, I will

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:53 pm

I posted, would be better and would be more realistic if not for the time pressure, but, I formed the base for the next central Europe country
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Joohan wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Its good to be back. :)

Plenty of players so far. Icedonian war fanatics consolidating their control in England and Wales; Imperial Missionaries being introduced to the region; Hibernian's sailors fighting for their rocks in the Orkney's; Commonwealth raiders fighting for those very same rocks.

Britain is going to be very interesting during this phase.

Bortslovakia wrote:Welcome back to the fresh hell that is Britain! Shame you're not in Scotland. That'd cause all sorts of shenanigans.

Being a denizen of the bloody war for supremacy of the isles sounds to fun to ignore. Someone needs to edit the total war thrones of Britannia trailer, so that it more accurately represents this alternate bloody war for the isles.

... Hana, if you don't, I will[/quote]
Might as well change the name of the British isles to the Bloody isles, to accurately reflect is battle ground status.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Also, @EVERYONE, can we please call the British isles something other than the British isles? It's 2980 B.C... what's a Britain? We can certainly do better than old world nomenclature or... * shivers *... dead latin names...

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Endem wrote:I posted, would be better and would be more realistic if not for the time pressure, but, I formed the base for the next central Europe country

Map?

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Joohan wrote:Also, @EVERYONE, can we please call the British isles something other than the British isles? It's 2980 B.C... what's a Britain? We can certainly do better than old world nomenclature or... * shivers *... dead latin names...

Windy Islands?

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Joohan wrote:
Endem wrote:I posted, would be better and would be more realistic if not for the time pressure, but, I formed the base for the next central Europe country

Map?

Sent

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Joohan wrote:Also, @EVERYONE, can we please call the British isles something other than the British isles? It's 2980 B.C... what's a Britain? We can certainly do better than old world nomenclature or... * shivers *... dead latin names...

Hell.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Would it be better if I spell it Prythani in the Celtic manner? :p
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Plzen wrote:

Celts don't deserve to be compared to the poor pre-Celtic peoples that have to live with Isaac.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Imperial Newfoundland? :p

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Plzen wrote:

... Well, I'd prefer it to Albion.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Reatra wrote:
Plzen wrote:Would it be better if I spell it Prythani in the Celtic manner? :p

Celts don't deserve to be compared to the poor pre-Celtic peoples that have to live with Isaac.

Nobody deserves such a fate... the poor savages.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Joohan wrote:
Reatra wrote:

At least you recognize lmao

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Reatra wrote:
Joohan wrote:

At least you recognize lmao

Thank you Mao.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:17 pm

So technology of the era....

What are people farming nowadays?
What tools have been established across the isles?
And what would be the political environment around a hamlet/village around Spalding, UK?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse