NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Grand Indochina wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Well I could set up in the island and maybe be a counter-balance to the super soldier.

I think this another super soldier will mess this RP up... please don’t...

Ralnis wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:I’ll be landing on the Weald of southern England, unless Joolthig’s perfect soldier-man with one name is accepted, in which case England will be taken, I’ll know what kind of RP this will turn out to be, and I won’t be applying anyway.

Well, the silver lining is that I think me and one other person are going to be traders and explorers in this new world. Though if I should be in Europe or Asia is still a matter of a flip of the ol' coin for me.

Bolded that section right there to let you know what my playstyle will be generally.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:31 pm

TG for interest
I'm really tired

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:I’ll be landing on the Weald of southern England, unless Joolthig’s perfect soldier-man with one name is accepted, in which case England will be taken, I’ll know what kind of RP this will turn out to be, and I won’t be applying anyway.

What do you mean? Did you not like my style of writing or did you just not like that I didn't slow time for you?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Reverend Norv wrote:
And I'm looking forward to participating: I'll be writing my posts as diary entries, and I'll be deeply interested in dissecting the incredible trauma and loss that anyone would feel under these extraordinary circumstances. That's the most interesting part of this premise, to me: that characters closely based on ourselves are put in unbelievable extremis, and have to find themselves more resourceful than they thought possible. But that's not a story I can tell while sharing an island with an expansion-driven empire run by some fantasy of a US Army super-soldier.

Well I could set up in the island and maybe be a counter-balance to the super soldier.

I am not a super soldier. My app is, except for the name and unit, entirely me. Like, I am pretty basic Army soldier. Like, the most special thing about me is air assault training - which just translates into I can hike ALOT.
Last edited by Joohan on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:30 pm

Would like to do a classic brutal introduction. Character is taken as a slave in the ancient Greek sense and works for his freedom. Is the initial setting bronze age?

Civilization OP
Envoy

Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Would like to do a classic brutal introduction. Character is taken as a slave in the ancient Greek sense and works for his freedom. Is the initial setting bronze age?

Greece hasn't reached the bronze age yet. I think of China, Egypt, and Mesopotamia are currently in the bronze age.

My mistake, they are in the Bronze age
Last edited by Civilization OP on Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:50 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Author Application

Name: Viktor Matveyev Nemtsov
Height and Weight: Six foot - seven inches, 240 pounds.
Skin, hair, and eye description: A tall man of mixed European heritage, Viktor would best be described as a mudblood Caucasian, skin light but not the pallid white of Ireland or Scandinavia, betraying Slavic and Germanic ancestry. His hair is a pallid sandy blonde, now trending towards a pale brunette with age, and cut short but neatly about his face, over a trimmed full beard of slightly darker character. His eyes are a deep emerald, flicked with gold.
Prior Profession: Environmental Engineer - Geography
Education: Master's Degree in Environmental Engineering (Urban Planning and Geography), Bachelor's Degree in Material Engineering (Ferrous Metallurgy) with a Minor in Sustainability
Physique: Very broad through the shoulders - built like a lifter and dancer, not a runner, though not obviously deficient in legs. Thick neck and large lateral musculature, somewhat diminished by a minor paunch come of age and inactivity.
Useful Skills:
Metallurgical and Environmental Engineering
Engineering History (Medieval and Antiquity)
Medieval Smithing and Smelting; Woodworking
Urban Planning
National Origin: United States of America
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Drunken bender with friends in Colorado
Description of Personality: Gregarious, calculating, passionate, honest, centrist, self-aware, slightly megalomaniacal.
Where in the world are you landing?: The Erzgebirge, Czechia

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: Have a whale of a time.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Seleuces; Octavian; Trajan; Attila; Alexander; Peter the Great.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Rule Germania, and the Erzgebirge.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Authoritarian humanocentric progress-orientated theocracy.
What are your character's motivations?: Broadly, develop a method of returning to the future. If impossible, develop the best life for himself as possible, and perhaps a bit of guiding humanity to a brighter future along the way.
Theme Song?: Relevant.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: A bit concerned at the timescale. There isn't really any room for characterization or depth of slow development at the pace of five years to a page, and I would rather focus in on those bits, as I think they will be most interesting.

Your app is accepted, But I am curious at your suggestion. What do you think would be a more appropriate time scale? A year a page?

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:55 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Author Applicaiton

Name: Victor Spear
Height and Weight: 5'8" 220 pounds
[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description: Olive complexion, black hair with red beard, grey eyes. He wears full beard which is black and red and has long hair.
( Optional ) Picture:

Prior Profession: Assistant Director of University Library
Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): Undergraduate Degree in Philosophy, Masters in Library Science, Certificate in Administrative Management, Bookselling certificate through the American Booksellers Association. Working on a masters in philosophy as requirement for tenure (but got transported). Has worked with knowledge and books for his whole life.
Physique description: Victor Spear is a heavy set man with broad shoulders with lots of muscle under a layer of fat. He moves slowly and steadily and is very sure footed. He has large hands a bigger upper torso with shorter legs. He does not move particularly fast. Although he does not move fast, he has stamina and can walk for many miles. His doctor has ordered him to walk for 40 minutes a day to keep his weight down.
Useful skills:
Professional:
Librarianship
Leadership
Administration
Philosophy
Organization (Library and Learning Centers)
Writing
Book selling
Book publishing
Bookmaking
Personal:
Strength Training (Bodyweight)
Gardening
Speed Reading (Has read for 2 hours a day for most of his life)
Memory Training
Meditation

National Origin: United States
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Drinking coffee at two in the morning with a book in my hand. I dozed off and fell asleep.
Description of personality: Soft spoken, learned, driven, underhanded, trickster, awake, focused, ambitious, twists the truth, positive, smiling humorous.
Where in the world are you landing?: Thrace

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ): Victor Spear was born in California in a small town. Even as a small child, he read a lot and was interested in philosophy. His father was an adjunct professor of philosophy and owned a bookstore. His mother wrote for local magazines and was an author of mysteries. He grew up around books and learning absorbing the tales of the Iliad, the Odyssey, Greek and Roman philosophy and history. While he was not particularly athletic, he found himself being picked on. He took up strength training in high school, eventually training to become an olympic lifter.
In high school, he got a job as a library page and decided to become a librarian. He got his undergraduate degree in philosophy focusing on Greek and Rome. During this time he because obsessed with knowledge. He took up meditation, memory training, and looked for ways to improve his already prodigious memory. He worked his way through college becoming a manager in his fathers bookstore. He received training to run his own store but decided to not do this.
He went to library school and worked in a public library while he was in school. During this time he developed an interest in plants and gardening growing flowers and fruit in his backyard. While working in the public library, his conniving trickster nature came out and he had an affair with a married coworker. While he wasn't fired, his career ended in the public libraries.
Because of his overriding ambition, he then took a 6 course administrate certificate for librarians and became an assistant director of an academic library on the other side of the country, New York. To keep his tenure the university insisted he get a second masters in an academic field. He chose philosophy focusing on the history of knowledge. He was working on a masters thesis on the rise of centers of knowledge as he was disappearing.
Victor Spear's focus in life has been on books and philosophy, he is focused on buying, selling, managing, producing, and working with books. This is in both libraries, publishing, and in his personal life. He is a very focused individual spending time both on improving his ability to do this through daily reading, meditative training (the method of eidos and the memory castle), daily breath meditation, weight lifting, and keeping a journal.

( Optional )

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To build a center of learning and science to rival Alexandria
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Epictetus, Democritus, The Museum of Alexandria, the House of Wisdom (Bayt Al Hikma), the Foundation of Oxford in medieval times.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Because this is the center of atomism, the beginning of early natural philosophy, also it is not far from Alexandria.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Dionysian, soft power, learned, advanced in science, speak softly and carry a big stick, willing to steal knowledge and learning.
What are your character's motivations?: To build the greatest center of learning in history. Also to become the center of knowledge distribution. To start the scientific revolution earlier.
Theme Song?: Blue Moon Sonata.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: Trade, backstabbing, war, knowledge, invention, and creativity. I want to use the strategy of technology for war as as the process of stealing or absorbing knowledge from other cultures.

I like your idea of a scholarly civilization - but I am concerned about your skills. Your list seems rather general. It is preferred that you list specific thing - things which you posses a mastery over. G - is an engineer and so is an expert in engineering. Con an Joohan are both soldiers and so know a thing or two about combat and survival skills. You get what I mean?

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Joohan wrote:Author Applicaiton

Name: Issac Ashford
Height and Weight: 6"4 ft, 228lbs
[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description:Tan Caucasian, Dark blond hair cut short on top and skin to the sides, bluish-green
( Optional ) Picture:

Prior Profession: Soldier, Signaleer
Level of education: High school, BCT ( basic combat training ), AIT ( advanced individual training )
Physique description: Issac is above average for other Americans at his age. He is able to easily run for miles without stopping, march with equipment for hours on end, and lift exceptionally heavy objects. Despite his large size, his fastest mile time his at around 6:30.
Useful skills: Combatives ( Army martial arts ), small unit tactics, basic survival skills, basic first aid.

National Origin: American
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: sleeping in a foxhole
Description of personality: When ever possible, he prefers to exhibit introverted behaviors. That is not to say he is anti-social or depressed, but he just generally prefers his own company. When he does interact with others, he much prefers to lead the conversation. He enjoys the idea of people enjoying themselves - and so is naturally altruistic to most that he meets. That being said, he also has a sober minded and cynical determination. He is willing to do what needs to be done - no matter how hard it is, or how much pain it causes.
Where in the world are you landing?: South of modern day Oxfordshire, England

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ): Issac was a below average student from middle America. His dream job was to be an archeologist, but with just decent grades and relatively poor parents - not too many college opportunities were open to him. Immediately after highschool, Issac would ship out to begin Basic Combat Training ( BCT ), in South Carolina, for the Army. 10 hard weeks went by during the hottest summer in South Carolina history - every day filled with running, push ups, and sweat. It would be hard, but through a lot pain and yelling, he would make it through. After BCT, he would be sent to complete his Advanced Individual Training ( AIT )Georgia, to become a certified signal soldier. After accomplishing both BCT and AIT, he would be finally sent into the actual army - the commo rep for the 101st airborne at Ft. Campbell Kentucky. After having gotten to his unit only two months ago, Issac would be rushed through Air Assault training before his unit would go on it's rotation to Afghanistan. He would spend only a month in Afghanistan before being sent back to the past.

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To create the premier martial empire of the world - whose ideas of stoicism, adaptability, duty, and individual courage influence mankind's development throughout its history, to become tougher and more responsible than the future which it had once been destined to be.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Shaka Zulu, Timur the lame, Lycurgus, Seneca, Khosaru - The Athenian League, Sparta, the early Normans, Sassanian Persia, The Terran Federation ( the novel version )
Why did you chose to land where you did?: I wanted the heart of my civilization to be somewhere wet and dreary
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Imagine the basic structure of the Roman Empire during it's early days - a sense of duty towards expansion and growth, as well as defined and respected hierarchy based upon action and merit. Unlike the Romans however, this civilizations' people hold a kind of revelry towards the idea of adventure and action. A spirit akin almost to the barbarians which the Romans fought. A structured empire which loves war and adventure.
What are your character's motivations?: To create a society which will not spawn the weakness which had infected his own world. He intends on breeding the traits of duty and courage into the very being of his people
Theme Song?: don't know yet, but I will get one
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:

accepted

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 pm

Joohan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Well I could set up in the island and maybe be a counter-balance to the super soldier.

I am not a super soldier. My app is, except for the name and unit, entirely me. Like, I am pretty basic Army soldier. Like, the most special thing about me is air assault training - which just translates into I can hike ALOT.

Hey man, I'm just a dumbass and will never know anything. I was just trying to not get someone from not being able to RP. Just failing miserably like I normally do.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Hey man, I'm just a dumbass and will never know anything. I was just trying to not get someone from not being able to RP. Just failing miserably like I normally do.

I'd say I am a fairly decent RP'er. I don't think we've ever RP'ed before have we?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:13 pm

Joohan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Hey man, I'm just a dumbass and will never know anything. I was just trying to not get someone from not being able to RP. Just failing miserably like I normally do.

I'd say I am a fairly decent RP'er. I don't think we've ever RP'ed before have we?

No, and I didn't say you weren't a bad RPer and I'm sorry if that came off like that. I'm just saying I'm a dumbass and the worst RPer around here.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Civilization OP wrote:
Joohan wrote:Author Applicaiton

Name: Issac Ashford
Height and Weight: 6"4 ft, 228lbs
[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description:Tan Caucasian, Dark blond hair cut short on top and skin to the sides, bluish-green
( Optional ) Picture:

Prior Profession: Soldier, Signaleer
Level of education: High school, BCT ( basic combat training ), AIT ( advanced individual training )
Physique description: Issac is above average for other Americans at his age. He is able to easily run for miles without stopping, march with equipment for hours on end, and lift exceptionally heavy objects. Despite his large size, his fastest mile time his at around 6:30.
Useful skills: Combatives ( Army martial arts ), small unit tactics, basic survival skills, basic first aid.

National Origin: American
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: sleeping in a foxhole
Description of personality: When ever possible, he prefers to exhibit introverted behaviors. That is not to say he is anti-social or depressed, but he just generally prefers his own company. When he does interact with others, he much prefers to lead the conversation. He enjoys the idea of people enjoying themselves - and so is naturally altruistic to most that he meets. That being said, he also has a sober minded and cynical determination. He is willing to do what needs to be done - no matter how hard it is, or how much pain it causes.
Where in the world are you landing?: South of modern day Oxfordshire, England

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ): Issac was a below average student from middle America. His dream job was to be an archeologist, but with just decent grades and relatively poor parents - not too many college opportunities were open to him. Immediately after highschool, Issac would ship out to begin Basic Combat Training ( BCT ), in South Carolina, for the Army. 10 hard weeks went by during the hottest summer in South Carolina history - every day filled with running, push ups, and sweat. It would be hard, but through a lot pain and yelling, he would make it through. After BCT, he would be sent to complete his Advanced Individual Training ( AIT )Georgia, to become a certified signal soldier. After accomplishing both BCT and AIT, he would be finally sent into the actual army - the commo rep for the 101st airborne at Ft. Campbell Kentucky. After having gotten to his unit only two months ago, Issac would be rushed through Air Assault training before his unit would go on it's rotation to Afghanistan. He would spend only a month in Afghanistan before being sent back to the past.

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To create the premier martial empire of the world - whose ideas of stoicism, adaptability, duty, and individual courage influence mankind's development throughout its history, to become tougher and more responsible than the future which it had once been destined to be.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Shaka Zulu, Timur the lame, Lycurgus, Seneca, Khosaru - The Athenian League, Sparta, the early Normans, Sassanian Persia, The Terran Federation ( the novel version )
Why did you chose to land where you did?: I wanted the heart of my civilization to be somewhere wet and dreary
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Imagine the basic structure of the Roman Empire during it's early days - a sense of duty towards expansion and growth, as well as defined and respected hierarchy based upon action and merit. Unlike the Romans however, this civilizations' people hold a kind of revelry towards the idea of adventure and action. A spirit akin almost to the barbarians which the Romans fought. A structured empire which loves war and adventure.
What are your character's motivations?: To create a society which will not spawn the weakness which had infected his own world. He intends on breeding the traits of duty and courage into the very being of his people
Theme Song?: don't know yet, but I will get one
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?:

accepted

Then I’m out. We all have lists of folks we won’t work with. I know that can put an OP in the position of making a difficult choice, and I’m sorry for that. But that’s the reality. Y’all take care.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Joohan wrote:

No, and I didn't say you weren't a bad RPer and I'm sorry if that came off like that. I'm just saying I'm a dumbass and the worst RPer around here.

No, my bad. Misinterpreted.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:33 pm

What about me OP?
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:39 pm

I didn't see a biography.

We are going to need to know a general overview of your characters background.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:55 pm

Updated biography for greater clarity. It would fit with creating a school of philosophy like the Milesian school.

[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description: Olive complexion, black hair with red beard, grey eyes. He wears full beard which is black and red and has long hair.
( Optional ) Picture:

Level of education ( specify degrees or note worthy classes ): Undergraduate Degree in Philosophy, Masters in Library Science, Certificate in Administrative Management, Bookselling certificate through the American Booksellers Association. Working on a masters in philosophy as requirement for tenure (but got transported). Has worked with knowledge and books for his whole life.

Physique description: Victor Spear is a heavy set man with broad shoulders with lots of muscle under a layer of fat. He moves slowly and steadily and is very sure footed. He has large hands a bigger upper torso with shorter legs. He does not move particularly fast. Although he does not move fast, he has stamina and can walk for many miles. His doctor has ordered him to walk for 40 minutes a day to keep his weight down.

Useful skills:
Professional:
Librarianship (Organizing and classifying information to creative archives, filing systems, and maintain orderly record keeping for books and other systems. Sumer had an archive of clay tablets for commercial transactions (the first libraries were business libraries), the Egyptian scribes maintained temple libraries. Creating descriptive records of items.)

Leadership (Management of large groups of people.)

Administration (Able to manage groups of scholars, teachers, and academics into libraries and other educational structures. Possible to create a civil service structure, or Mamluk type infrastructure, includes basic management-- operations, finance, buildings, etc.)

Philosophy (Awareness of the various schools and arguments of philosophy including ancient Greece and Rome and their application to every day life. Important for working with the atomists, stoics, and other philosophers to build a variation of logic amenable to empiricism.)

Organization (Basics of time management including breaking down activities into calendars and modern concepts of time. Also includes basic double entry bookkeeping which was not invented until the middle ages.)

Writing (Basic writing skills for letters, reports, and similar things. Some poetry.)

Book selling (Ability to run a bookstore, or publishing house. Small business skills.)

Book making (Making paper from papyrus to modern paper. The earliest papyrus was dated to 2900 b.c. around the time of the roleplay in Egypt. It was made in 20 sheet scrolls. It is not hard to make. Also includes wood block printing, making ink all the way up to modern offset printing.)

Personal:
Strength Training (Bodyweight) Progressive Resistance training.

Gardening-- Small plot gardens for vegetables, flowers, trees, and fruit. Includes raised bed gardens and composting.

Memory Training (The method of eidos, the memory castle, and modern chunking techniques).

Meditation-- Standing, sitting, and walking meditation.

What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Drinking coffee at two in the morning with a book in my hand. I dozed off and fell asleep.
Description of personality: Soft spoken, learned, driven, underhanded, trickster, awake, focused, ambitious, twists the truth, positive, smiling humorous.

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ): Victor Spear was born in California in a small town. Even as a small child, he read a lot and was interested in philosophy. His father was an adjunct professor of philosophy and owned a bookstore. His mother wrote for local magazines and was an author of mysteries. He grew up around books and learning absorbing the tales of the Iliad, the Odyssey, Greek and Roman philosophy and history. While he was not particularly athletic, he found himself being picked on. He took up strength training in high school, eventually training to become an olympic lifter.
In high school, he got a job as a library page and decided to become a librarian. He got his undergraduate degree in philosophy focusing on Greek and Rome. During this time he because obsessed with knowledge. He took up meditation, memory training, and looked for ways to improve his already prodigious memory. He worked his way through college becoming a manager in his fathers bookstore. He received training to run his own store but decided to not do this.
He went to library school and worked in a public library while he was in school. During this time he developed an interest in plants and gardening growing flowers and fruit in his backyard. While working in the public library, his conniving trickster nature came out and he had an affair with a married coworker. While he wasn't fired, his career ended in the public libraries.
Because of his overriding ambition, he then took a 6 course administrate certificate for librarians and became an assistant director of an academic library on the other side of the country, New York. To keep his tenure the university insisted he get a second masters in an academic field. He chose philosophy focusing on the history of knowledge. He was working on a masters thesis on the rise of centers of knowledge as he was disappearing.
Victor Spear's focus in life has been on books and philosophy, he is focused on buying, selling, managing, producing, and working with books. This is in both libraries, publishing, and in his personal life. He is a very focused individual spending time both on improving his ability to do this through daily reading, meditative training (the method of eidos and the memory castle), daily breath meditation, weight lifting, and keeping a journal.

( Optional )

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: To build a center of learning and science to rival Alexandria
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Epictetus, Lucretius, Democritus, The Museum of Alexandria, the House of Wisdom (Bayt Al Hikma), the Foundation of Oxford in medieval times. The Milesian school of philosophy.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Because this is the center of atomism, the beginning of early natural philosophy, also it is not far from Alexandria.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Dionysian, soft power, learned, advanced in science, speak softly and carry a big stick, willing to steal knowledge and learning.
What are your character's motivations?: To build the greatest center of learning in history. Also to become the center of knowledge distribution. To start the scientific revolution earlier.
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: Trade, backstabbing, war, knowledge, invention, and creativity. I want to use the strategy of technology for war as as the process of stealing or absorbing knowledge from other cultures.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:58 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Author Applicaiton

( Optional ) Picture:

Useful skills:
Professional:
Librarianship (Organizing and classifying information to creative archives, filing systems, and maintain orderly record keeping for books and other systems. Sumer had an archive of clay tablets for commercial transactions (the first libraries were business libraries), the Egyptian scribes maintained temple libraries. Creating descriptive records of items.)

Leadership (Management of large groups of people.)

Administration (Able to manage groups of scholars, teachers, and academics into libraries and other educational structures. Possible to create a civil service structure, or Mamluk type infrastructure, includes basic management-- operations, finance, buildings, etc.)

Philosophy (Awareness of the various schools and arguments of philosophy including ancient Greece and Rome and their application to every day life. Important for working with the atomists, stoics, and other philosophers to build a variation of logic amenable to empiricism.)

Organization (Basics of time management including breaking down activities into calendars and modern concepts of time. Also includes basic double entry bookkeeping which was not invented until the middle ages.)

Writing (Basic writing skills for letters, reports, and similar things. Some poetry.)

Book selling (Ability to run a bookstore, or publishing house. Small business skills.)

Book making (Making paper from papyrus to modern paper. The earliest papyrus was dated to 2900 b.c. around the time of the roleplay in Egypt. It was made in 20 sheet scrolls. It is not hard to make. Also includes wood block printing, making ink all the way up to modern offset printing.)

Personal:
Strength Training (Bodyweight) Progressive Resistance training.

Gardening-- Small plot gardens for vegetables, flowers, trees, and fruit. Includes raised bed gardens and composting.

Memory Training (The method of eidos, the memory castle, and modern chunking techniques).

Meditation-- Standing, sitting, and walking meditation.

( Optional )

What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Epictetus, Democritus, The Museum of Alexandria, the House of Wisdom (Bayt Al Hikma), the Foundation of Oxford in medieval times.

Accepted.

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Author Applicaiton

Name : Kaguya Nagatoro.
Height : 162 Cm.
Weight : 63 Kg.
Skin, hair, and eye description : A tanned skin Asian girl, who was born to a family with a Japanese mother and Vietnamese father. A special facial feature of her is the pair of canines, they are abnormally longer and sharper.
( Optional ) Picture : N/A.

Prior Profession : Medical College Student | Pre-Medicine Major.
Level of education: Secondary education, three years of teritary education.

Physique description : She is a small girl with a slim type of body, and many peoples found that part of her quiet pretty or cute. Despite her tiny size, in her past, she was a great swimmer athlete for her highschool, but was put to the reserve position due to her "peculiar" swimming technique. She is the only athlete in her school that hold the record of 5 minutes of breath holding.

Useful skills :
+ Scouts Experiences.
+ Life Saving Treatment.
+ Biological Knowledge.
+ Excellent Swimmer.

National Origin : United States of America.

What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past ?
- Were sleeping during a lecture in Biology class.

Description of personality :
- Childlike.
- Ambivert.
- Warmhearted.
- Manipulative.
- Pragmatic.

Where in the world are you landing ?
- Somewhere near the Perfume River of Vietnam.

Autobiography/Biography ( paragraph minimum ) :

( Optional )

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal ? To create the greatest empire of all time, able to withstand the test of time.

What people or places are you taking inspiration from ? Cyrus the Great, Ashoka the Great, Queen Victoria.

Why did you chose to land where you did ? The location is close to the sea, which is a great source for fishery, also quiet beneficial for trades. The floodplain area also connected by many rivers, created a perfect place for growing an agricultural based civilization.

What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture ? Imagine a great empire with mixing culture from many oriental civilizations : the Japanese, the Vietnamese, the Thainese, the Chinese... An empire thriving on the happiness and prosperity of its peoples.

What are your character's motivations ? To build an empire, where science, religion. art and kindness guiding mankind on the path to future.

Theme Song : Dynasty - EnV.

What do you wanna see in this RP ? What would make it better ? Alliances and betrayals, random generated events, creativity of every authors.
"Heretics, heretics everywhere.”

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Author Applicaiton

Name: Ikram al-Zaidi
Height and Weight: 5'9, 160
[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description: Coffee colored skin, short brown hair and a short beard, right eye is brown while left eye is partially hazel.
( Optional ) Picture: N/A

Prior Profession: College Student
Level of education : General Associate in Arts degree
Physique description: Above average build
Useful skills:
Good memory
Expert at history
physically fit
Good endurance from jogging
Calm in stressful situations

National Origin: Jordan
What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Getting ready for his first day of college at North Carolina State University
Description of personality: Kind, shy, curious, stubborn, patient.
Where in the world are you landing?: Sari, Iran

Autobiography/Biography: Ikram was born in Jordan and stay for two years before his parents decided to immigrate to the United States. Living in Raleigh, North Carolina where his father was a college professor and his mother focused on raising him. Ikram had a somewhat normal childhood, some of the kids picked on him due to his name and background. His two other siblings were born during his life and he fell fast in the big brother role. Ikram's bond with his family had helped through life and partly because of his father's love for history. Ikram would grow to love history as well, enjoying reading about the past and what the ancients had achieved. Instead of going straight to college after high school, he went to a community college which he got his Double-AA degree and was planning on going to the North Carolina State University where his father worked at before fate had a different path for him.

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: Create a good-size elected monarchy style nation in the middle east and is able to withstand anything hurled against it.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Ancient Persia, Ancient Mesopotamia, and the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Got the idea from a Crusader King 2 run.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Scholarly, steeped in tradition, peaceful but, ready to defend themselves.
What are your character's motivations?: Figure out why he is here and help to guide those that found him.
Theme Song?: N/A
What do you wanna see in this RP? What would make it better?: I do not know

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Grand Indochina wrote:Author Applicaiton

Skin, hair, and eye description : A tanned skin Asian girl, who was born to a family with a Japanese mother and Vietnamese father. A special facial feature of her is the pair of canines, they are abnormally longer and sharper.

Physique description : She is a small girl with a slim type of body, and many peoples found that part of her quiet pretty or cute. Despite her tiny size, in her past, she was a great swimmer athlete for her highschool, but was put to the reserve position due to her "peculiar" swimming technique. She is the only athlete in her school that hold the record of 5 minutes of breath holding.

Useful skills :
+ Scouts Experiences.
+ Life Saving Treatment.
+ Biological Knowledge.
+ Excellent Swimmer.

- Childlike.
- Ambivert.
- Warmhearted.
- Manipulative.
- Pragmatic.

( Optional )

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal ? To create the greatest empire of all time, able to withstand the test of time.

What people or places are you taking inspiration from ? Cyrus the Great, Ashoka the Great, Queen Victoria.

Why did you chose to land where you did ? The location is close to the sea, which is a great source for fishery, also quiet beneficial for trades. The floodplain area also connected by many rivers, created a perfect place for growing an agricultural based civilization.

What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture ? Imagine a great empire with mixing culture from many oriental civilizations : the Japanese, the Vietnamese, the Thainese, the Chinese... An empire thriving on the happiness and prosperity of its peoples.

What are your character's motivations ? To build an empire, where science, religion. art and kindness guiding mankind on the path to future.

What do you wanna see in this RP ? What would make it better ? Alliances and betrayals, random generated events, creativity of every authors.

hee hee, the thainese.

But you will still need your biography. The optional bar was for everything below it - not the biography itself. I should probably fix that to make it more clear.

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Civilization OP wrote:
Grand Indochina wrote:Author Applicaiton

Useful skills :
+ Scouts Experiences.
+ Life Saving Treatment.
+ Biological Knowledge.
+ Excellent Swimmer.

- Childlike.
- Ambivert.
- Warmhearted.
- Manipulative.
- Pragmatic.

( Optional )

hee hee, the thainese.

But you will still need your biography. The optional bar was for everything below it - not the biography itself. I should probably fix that to make it more clear.

Ok, will finish by tomorrow...
Last edited by Grand Indochina on Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Heretics, heretics everywhere.”

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Theyra wrote:Author Applicaiton

[/b]Skin, hair, and eye description: Coffee colored skin, short brown hair and a short beard, right eye is brown while left eye is partially hazel.

Useful skills:
Good memory
Expert at history
physically fit

What were you doing prior to falling asleep and awakening in the past?: Getting ready for his first day of college at North Carolina State University

Autobiography/Biography: Ikram was born in Jordan and stay for two years before his parents decided to immigrate to the United States. Living in Raleigh, North Carolina where his father was a college professor and his mother focused on raising him. Ikram had a somewhat normal childhood, some of the kids picked on him due to his name and background. His two other siblings were born during his life and he fell fast in the big brother role. Ikram's bond with his family had helped through life and partly because of his father's love for history. Ikram would grow to love history as well, enjoying reading about the past and what the ancients had achieved. Instead of going straight to college after high school, he went to a community college which he got his Double-AA degree and was planning on going to the North Carolina State University where his father worked at before fate had a different path for him.

What are your intentions for this RP, what's the long term goal?: Create a good-size elected monarchy style nation in the middle east and is able to withstand anything hurled against it.
What people or places are you taking inspiration from?: Ancient Persia, Ancient Mesopotamia, and the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Why did you chose to land where you did?: Got the idea from a Crusader King 2 run.
What vibe should we get from your civilization and it's culture?: Scholarly, steeped in tradition, peaceful but, ready to defend themselves.
What are your character's motivations?: Figure out why he is here and help to guide those that found him.

This is all fine, but what do you mean an expert in history?

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:29 pm

Civilization OP wrote:
Theyra wrote:Author Applicaiton

Useful skills:
Good memory
Expert at history
physically fit

Just knowledge in history in general.

Civilization OP
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Civilization OP » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Theyra wrote:
Civilization OP wrote:

Just knowledge in history in general.

I wouldn't really say that was a skill. But that's just a nit pick really. Your app is accepted otherwise.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse