NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:48 pm

I like how much shit the Imperium gets, but compared to people like Icedonia, Hana, and the Norse, they're a fairly benovolent entity from what I can tell.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Joohan wrote:

Anything denoting as,or being of the people or land, should end in either -ia or -ian. Andonian ( Language of the people ) is kind of universal language employed by Icedonia ( Virtuous Land or Virtuous People ) to do business with everyone, and is an amalgamation of all the dialects of central England and Wales.

Gotcha, Ill keep that in mind. Does not swearing equal war immediately or will a settlement have some time if it choose not to swear? And how does Icedonia conduct conquests and what reason do they claim for?

In the past, it mean't immediate war. As we've gotten bigger though, diplomacy has gotten more pragmatic. Unless we are actively undertaking a campaign, we won't outright exterminate a polity if it doesn't immediately swear service. Long term though, if we want you swear we will coerce a tribe or clan to do so - and if not it will be war.

As for how we conduct conquests, it's everything or nothing. Extermination of a defeated enemy is the official policy: all males are killed, women are given to soldiers as wives, settlements are razed and the empty land given to loyal service members.

Just to give you an example of what we are to the grand scheme of this game, here's what our flag looks like: The blazing banner. I feel like this should give you a pretty good idea about who we are in this game...

Spalding... Spalia... although, Spala, would be a better name imo.

But what about people names? I cant imagine all of it ending in -ian and -ia being the root name for every individual. Naming convention would run dry pretty quickly...
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:53 pm

it's always a losing game to try to find which empire is "better". Come, join the revolutionary democracy side, young padawan.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Reatra wrote:it's always a losing game to try to find which empire is "better". Come, join the revolutionary democracy side, young padawan.

Sure, Luther will join.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Joohan wrote:
In the past, it mean't immediate war. As we've gotten bigger though, diplomacy has gotten more pragmatic. Unless we are actively undertaking a campaign, we won't outright exterminate a polity if it doesn't immediately swear service. Long term though, if we want you swear we will coerce a tribe or clan to do so - and if not it will be war.

As for how we conduct conquests, it's everything or nothing. Extermination of a defeated enemy is the official policy: all males are killed, women are given to soldiers as wives, settlements are razed and the empty land given to loyal service members.

Just to give you an example of what we are to the grand scheme of this game, here's what our flag looks like: The blazing banner. I feel like this should give you a pretty good idea about who we are in this game...

Spalding... Spalia... although, Spala, would be a better name imo.

But what about people names? I cant imagine all of it ending in -ian and -ia being the root name for every individual. Naming convention would run dry pretty quickly...

It's just an andonian thing. You can do what you want
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:01 pm

Joohan wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Spalding... Spalia... although, Spala, would be a better name imo.

It's just an andonian thing. You can do what you want

Ok, that should be it for questioning. I should be good for a good long while, unless I missed something. The Settlement of Spala, and its citizens the Spalans, are unfortunately in the middle of eastern england. May the lord have mercy on their souls.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Alaroma wrote:I like how much shit the Imperium gets, but compared to people like Icedonia, Hana, and the Norse, they're a fairly benovolent entity from what I can tell.

Right lol, mostly peaceful expansion, freedom of religion, no preference placed on ethnicity....
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:13 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I like how much shit the Imperium gets, but compared to people like Icedonia, Hana, and the Norse, they're a fairly benovolent entity from what I can tell.

Right lol, mostly peaceful expansion, freedom of religion, no preference placed on ethnicity....

Or genital mutilation. Though of course we will have similar inclinations. Though our Freedom of Religion is more like Freedom of Religion with conditions
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Right lol, mostly peaceful expansion, freedom of religion, no preference placed on ethnicity....

Or genital mutilation. Though of course we will have similar inclinations. Though our Freedom of Religion is more like Freedom of Religion with conditions

I am hoping that this isn't a common occurrence, else Edward will certainly be heading to the Imperium :unsure:

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Or genital mutilation. Though of course we will have similar inclinations. Though our Freedom of Religion is more like Freedom of Religion with conditions

I am hoping that this isn't a common occurrence, else Edward will certainly be heading to the Imperium :unsure:

That's only in hanamura over in japan

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Kelmet wrote:

Memes aside, there's a reason why I think the Imperium and Ireland will get along. Viktor may be an autocrat, but at least eradicating villages is quite a ways down the alphabet plan wise.

As for flags, I too have one now. I'm not that happy with it at the moment, but it could be worse.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:26 pm

Guys, I'm very scarred. I closed my computer for a moment to go for a brief walk. When I got back, I am met with a screen saying " working on updates ".

This is the longest post I've ever made, and I wasnt finished with it. I am very scarred.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Joohan wrote:Guys, I'm very scarred. I closed my computer for a moment to go for a brief walk. When I got back, I am met with a screen saying " working on updates ".

This is the longest post I've ever made, and I wasnt finished with it. I am very scarred.

Now you know why I have an eternal blood grudge against Windows.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Joohan wrote:Guys, I'm very scarred. I closed my computer for a moment to go for a brief walk. When I got back, I am met with a screen saying " working on updates ".

everything I've done is in one big 109-page google doc, which I'd recommend for the purpose of preventing that.
Last edited by Reatra on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Oh one more thing, is clothing a thing finally? Or are we still in the era of nudists? Where man simply doesnt know how to make clothes?
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Oh one more thing, is clothing a thing finally? Or are we still in the era of nudists? Where man simply doesnt know how to make clothes?

Traditional combat done by primitive tribes is done in the nude... but more modern methods involve.armor and uniforms.

And textile """factories """ exist in Icedonia, so cloths are indeed commonplace

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Oh one more thing, is clothing a thing finally? Or are we still in the era of nudists? Where man simply doesnt know how to make clothes?

People have been wearing clothes for hundreds of thousands of years lmao

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Reatra wrote:

Its been awhile since I done this RP, I just remember early on at the start, it was nonexistent or something like that.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 pm

Hmm... it looks like the Imperium is unwilling to part with very much for Commonwealth maritime support.

Ah well. I suppose that means we’ll be declaring our non-involvement in the upcoming British conflict and continue maintaining normalised relations with both parties.

And maybe do some war profiteering if we can.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:57 pm

It seems no one is really trying to do anything with electricity? Is there a reason for that or have y'all just forgotten to after being so caught up with wars and boats and eunuchs and buddhism lmao

Not just for the big states like the Imperium, but very basic radio communication is quite easy assuming you know what's up and would be amazing for ships. You know how we spent millennia looking for a way to figure out longtitude? Well if only they had had radios that would tell you when noon was back home so you could compare!

I mean of course electricity is useful for other things, like electroplating (which has been happening for far longer than telegraphy or anything else). But really radio would be the big thing. I'm surprised no one has tried that.

EDIT: As well as gunpowder. Assuming you can make saltpeter, you don't even need to know the right recipe to get going mixing the three ingredients to see what happens. I think y'all underestimate the base amount of knowledge modern people just absorb without thinking.
Last edited by Reatra on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Reatra wrote:

Its been awhile since I done this RP, I just remember early on at the start, it was nonexistent or something like that.

Ohhhhh no no the Authors teleport back in time naked, presumably as a way to ensure they don't bring along any items in their pockets that might advantage them.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:04 pm

Reatra wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Its been awhile since I done this RP, I just remember early on at the start, it was nonexistent or something like that.

Ohhhhh no no the Authors teleport back in time naked, presumably as a way to ensure they don't bring along any items in their pockets that might advantage them.

I do know that, I just was thinking technology had been so primitive that clothes wasnt a thing at the start, or atleast comfortable enough for tribes and places to bother crafting them, other then the occasional pelt.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:08 pm

Reatra wrote:It seems no one is really trying to do anything with electricity? Is there a reason for that or have y'all just forgotten to after being so caught up with wars and boats and eunuchs and buddhism lmao

Not just for the big states like the Imperium, but very basic radio communication is quite easy assuming you know what's up and would be amazing for ships. You know how we spent millennia looking for a way to figure out longtitude? Well if only they had had radios that would tell you when noon was back home so you could compare!

I mean of course electricity is useful for other things, like electroplating (which has been happening for far longer than telegraphy or anything else). But really radio would be the big thing. I'm surprised no one has tried that.

EDIT: As well as gunpowder. Assuming you can make saltpeter, you don't even need to know the right recipe to get going mixing the three ingredients to see what happens. I think y'all underestimate the base amount of knowledge modern people just absorb without thinking.

I planned on doing some things with magnetism. Once you have the compass, also can separate iron sand to make purer iron sand. It won't take long to do this.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:12 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Reatra wrote:It seems no one is really trying to do anything with electricity? Is there a reason for that or have y'all just forgotten to after being so caught up with wars and boats and eunuchs and buddhism lmao

I planned on doing some things with magnetism. Once you have the compass, also can separate iron sand to make purer iron sand. It won't take long to do this.

Yeah I was planning on having that be one of the uses for what is technically an electromagnet, although that gives the impression it's far larger than it is, as iron sand is the main source of iron for the Union at the time, so making it even purer so bloomeries can have larger blooms and less slag, as well as further reducing impurities in any cupola furnaces that I am about to post about building over the timeskip, would definitely be something that they'd try to do.

But really I wanna set up just a very basic morse code radio so that I can start having ocean-faring vessels that know where they are. I've been taking it slow on exploration and such thus far but I think having that communication ability would allow for expeditions to go rather far down and up the coast in search of, well, really in search of crops to bring home and crossbreed.

God, imagine managing to get potatoes and maize and mesoamerican amaranth and quinoa (don't forget cotton!) all at once the second millennium BCE!
Last edited by Reatra on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:34 pm

I know no one cares or should care but the Sumerian clothing is cotton and silk combinations that started to take a more middle eastern style. The focus is Persian aspects because such things I liked the culture and it already has a massive influence on the culture of the Middle East.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse