NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:34 am

Joohan wrote:
Kelmet wrote:So, when do you all think we will discover we are immortal?

I'll have had a minor breakdown over this timeskip. Kinda realizing that something is wrong, and how even though i'm 40 I still look and feel like a 19 year old.

I did the same thing kinda, I mean most of use are in the best shape of our lives simply threw 15 years of better diet and exercise. I mean I'd be 40 ish years old steel feeling like a young man in his 20's so I think we are all coming around to that possibility.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:34 am

Plzen wrote:

I've already hinted it at my last IC post.

The immortal lineage of Rose.

I hope Clara and Monroe get to meet again.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:38 am

Joohan wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Functionally, the real thing for shipbuilding to master is wood-steaming and clinker-construction, both techniques of which are identical between that sort of sloop and a larger ship. You will run into some structural issues, of course, but trial and error will get you through a few failures with enough investment of resources.

I've no doubt that, eventually, I could make a reputable ship on my own. The whole process would just go along a lot faster if I simply copy some of the Hibernian designs.

Basically what G said. Nothing's stopping you from building larger ships once you've got the process down. There's no reason you can't just swipe a few designs. It's just a matter of building the proper infrastructure. Shipyards, let alone proper drydocks, take time to plan out and construct.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:39 am

Plzen wrote:

I've already hinted it at my last IC post.

Honestly that sounds extremely depressing.

All of Clara's children will die and descendants will die, while only she and her husband will remain.
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:45 am

Bortslovakia wrote:
Joohan wrote:
I've no doubt that, eventually, I could make a reputable ship on my own. The whole process would just go along a lot faster if I simply copy some of the Hibernian designs.

Basically what G said. Nothing's stopping you from building larger ships once you've got the process down. There's no reason you can't just swipe a few designs. It's just a matter of building the proper infrastructure. Shipyards, let alone proper drydocks, take time to plan out and construct.

Coolio.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:50 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Plzen wrote:I've already hinted it at my last IC post.

Honestly that sounds extremely depressing.

All of Clara's children will die and descendants will die, while only she and her husband will remain.

I honestly think for any of use to stay sane after a generation or two, would be to come to terms with it all, don't mourn there deaths, but honor the fact you got to know them, to see there whole lives fulfilled with good and noble purpose.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:53 am

Hanafuridake wrote:Honestly that sounds extremely depressing.

They'll be even more reliant on each other emotionally in the long term as the years cross from two digits to three.

But I think it's quite amazing just what the human mind can get used to given time and slow exposure.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Joohan wrote:
I'll have had a minor breakdown over this timeskip. Kinda realizing that something is wrong, and how even though i'm 40 I still look and feel like a 19 year old.

I did the same thing kinda, I mean most of use are in the best shape of our lives simply threw 15 years of better diet and exercise. I mean I'd be 40 ish years old steel feeling like a young man in his 20's so I think we are all coming around to that possibility.

That’s essentially what I’m banking on, Viktor being at the stage of his life where he would normally be essentially unchanged until he hit forty anyway. As far as he can tell, he is just very well preserved on account of a rigorous regimen; psychosomatically he believes he is aging, and so some of the normal aches and pains of life he falsely attributes to his age, only overcome by good genes. He’ll probably realize his wife isn’t aging long before he notices it in himself. My lineage tends to age very slowly anyway - my father only started graying at 57.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:07 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:-snip-

For Clara... I mean, 21 to 41 is the kind of timespan you'd expect to see significant signs of aging in, even in our time with all our health, nutrition, and sanitation services.

No signs of aging 21 to 31 would raise eyebrows in the modern world, although in this day and age with no photography and only the very basics of visual art that might go unnoticed - slow change is difficult to see and the lack of slow change even more so. If you still look like a high teen at age 40, though, that's a clear sign something is definitely up.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:20 pm

Plzen wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:-snip-

For Clara... I mean, 21 to 41 is the kind of timespan you'd expect to see significant signs of aging in, even in our time with all our health, nutrition, and sanitation services.

No signs of aging 21 to 31 would raise eyebrows in the modern world, although in this day and age with no photography and only the very basics of visual art that might go unnoticed - slow change is difficult to see and the lack of slow change even more so. If you still look like a high teen at age 40, though, that's a clear sign something is definitely up.

Sadly I haven’t looked like a teen for many years :P

Oh, @ Joohan: Just noticed your population figures. Won’t those be rather remarkably high given Icedonia’s “purge and slaughter” annexation strategy?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:25 pm

Plzen wrote:For Clara... I mean, 21 to 41 is the kind of timespan you'd expect to see significant signs of aging in, even in our time with all our health, nutrition, and sanitation services.

Oh, @ Joohan: Just noticed your population figures. Won’t those be rather remarkably high given Icedonia’s “purge and slaughter” annexation strategy?

State-sponsored polygamy my friend.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:26 pm

Joohan wrote:

:meh:
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Joohan wrote:

Okay but that... well first doesn't necessarily mean more pregnant people by itself, and also it's only been a single generation since you showed up, let along since you actually got any semblance of state-power set up.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:27 pm

clicking preview on my final post, I couldn't help but notice Kelmet's recent post.

sail again at all haste to the the city of Boston in the British Isles.

Care to elaborate on this?

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Reatra wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Okay but that... well first doesn't necessarily mean more pregnant people by itself, and also it's only been a single generation since you showed up, let along since you actually got any semblance of state-power set up.

I'd think it would. The most sexually active males of our society having three or four wives I think would certainly lead to an increase in population.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:30 pm

Joohan wrote:

Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:33 pm

Joohan wrote:

Sure, sure. But that population increase you noted was taking on board more of Britain’s existing population, based on your reference to Plzen’s figures. That’s separate from generational increase, aye, but rather out of line with Icedonia’s approach to expansion. Unless you’ve started becoming a peaceful diplomat suddenly.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Joohan wrote:

Sure, sure. But that population increase you noted was taking on board more of Britain’s existing population, based on your reference to Plzen’s figures. That’s separate from generational increase, aye, but rather out of line with Icedonia’s approach to expansion. Unless you’ve started becoming a peaceful diplomat suddenly.

We've more ways of expanding than simply conquest. Swearing Service, like swearing the oaths, has it's perks:

Iron implements, grain imports, roads connecting valuable trade to the heartlands, high quality ships, protection. For those martially minded chieftains, the service offers them the opportunity to make their son's successful soldiers, as well as to secure loot, women, and swaths of land in more developed areas of the country.

That's how we've mostly been expanding into Wales proper and Cornwall ( though I will touch on how the West Army Group was sent down there to quell resistant clans ). We do have a soft, diplomatic side... it's just that, on occasion, I like to show off the more martial aspects.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Joohan wrote:I'd think it would. The most sexually active males of our society having three or four wives I think would certainly lead to an increase in population.

Well, yes, but not beyond the population you would have had if you had just refrained from killing so many men in the first place.

Polygamy doesn't help that much unless there's a gender imbalance to make up for in the first place. And I feel uncomfortable for using the word "help" to describe sexual slavery as a tool of pro-natalist state policy.

Hanafuridake wrote:

Grace, the men have all gone insane - what do we do?!?
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Plzen wrote:
Joohan wrote:I'd think it would. The most sexually active males of our society having three or four wives I think would certainly lead to an increase in population.

Well, yes, but not beyond the population you would have had if you had just refrained from killing so many men in the first place.

Polygamy doesn't help that much unless there's a gender imbalance to make up for in the first place. And I feel uncomfortable for using the word "help" to describe sexual slavery as a tool of pro-natalist state policy.

I mean, there's an imbalance now...

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Joohan wrote:clicking preview on my final post, I couldn't help but notice Kelmet's recent post.

Just fulfilling G-techs orders Joohan.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Joohan wrote:clicking preview on my final post, I couldn't help but notice Kelmet's recent post.

Just fulfilling G-techs orders Joohan.

There is no Imperial presence in the British isles, outside a few missionaries. That had been stated a while ago.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Joohan wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Just fulfilling G-techs orders Joohan.

There is no Imperial presence in the British isles, outside a few missionaries. That had been stated a while ago.

Oh no. No presence... yet.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

Postby Plzen » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm

You know, if the Imperium abruptly gains an obligation to project force across the North Sea, it might be very convenient to talk to other powers that might be able to assist with that. Particularly one with a relatively mature and experienced fleet whose ideological leader might harbour some grudges against Icedonian family and gender policies.

Who knows, you might find that they too are eager to project their arms across the Sea.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Last edited by Plzen on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:27 pm

Joohan wrote:

Oh no. No presence... yet.

Actually considering creating a short lore post on Irish-Imperial first contact based on what you said about far flung settlements swearing fealty to Mara.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse