NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:19 am

Mind yall, I haven't read any of the last two day's posts. Once I get this thing up, I will be going over them. I've seen G raise up a complaint with Universal, and i'll take a look at that in a minute.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:22 am

Plzen wrote:
Joohan wrote:Why would it be fortified? Last I checked, the only raiders in this part of the world was you. Unless, some kind of action has occurred here before?

Initially they'll start as commercial settlements with a small garrison to ward off any uppity locals (Scotland is too thinly populated for the islands themselves to be settled, but natives on Scotland proper could raid). But as Norse-Hibernian tensions start to rise and it becomes clear that the islands are disputed territory, they'll take on the character of a military outpost, with fortifications, barracks, and naval repair equipment.

Basically neither side is aggressive enough to surprise-attack the other, and the breakdown in relations that will precede the war will encourage the settlers (and the government back home) to fortify them in preparation for war.

Alright. Now, final thing. We would have made contact over the time skip - us now occupying the eastern coast. I'll do a short map update here in a bit of the people who've sent me their stuff so far just to give you a bit of an idea of what we now control.

How would we have made contact, and what kind of relations should we have?

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:23 am

Joohan wrote:How would we have made contact, and what kind of relations should we have?

Probably via Hibernian intermediaries. Our diplomats would have met each other in Dublin well before Icedonia gains an eastern coast.

I imagine relations at this point wouldn't be terribly interesting, just the basic infrastructure of normal diplomatic relations.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:26 am

Plzen wrote:
Joohan wrote:How would we have made contact, and what kind of relations should we have?

Probably via Hibernian intermediaries. Our diplomats would have met each other in Dublin well before Icedonia gains an eastern coast.

I imagine relations at this point wouldn't be terribly interesting, just the basic infrastructure of normal diplomatic relations.

fair.

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 am

So does anyone need a General-Author? It might have been glossed over since all I really want to do is build a military and fight until my character inevitably accidentally gets wrapped up in a coup attempt.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 am

Wysten wrote:So does anyone need a General-Author? It might have been glossed over since all I really want to do is build a military and fight until my character inevitably accidentally gets wrapped up in a coup attempt.

You might find a lot to do in Sumeria - there's plenty of fighting to be had down there.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 am

Wysten wrote:So does anyone need a General-Author? It might have been glossed over since all I really want to do is build a military and fight until my character inevitably accidentally gets wrapped up in a coup attempt.

I intend to establish client states in as many corners of the world as I can fit them into, starting with Eastern Europe.

Since the Eastern European states will be quite militarised entities, intended to buffer and shield the Commonwealth from whatever threats lurk out there (the Imperium, Sumer, Nestos...), a military-focused author would do well as the head-of-state of one of those little puppets.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:45 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

You might find a lot to do in Sumeria - there's plenty of fighting to be had down there.

This is true, but I don't know about the coup attempt but Sumeria is looking to expand where they can't apply their soft power specialty on places. Elam is a rival that a war over resources within the next 8-12 years.

Plzen wrote:

I intend to establish client states in as many corners of the world as I can fit them into, starting with Eastern Europe.

Since the Eastern European states will be quite militarised entities, intended to buffer and shield the Commonwealth from whatever threats lurk out there (the Imperium, Sumer, Nestos...), a military-focused author would do well as the head-of-state of one of those little puppets.

>Sumer
>whatever threats lurk out there

Pick one.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:45 am

Had me worried for a heart beat there....
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:47 am

Hmmm, I need to find ways to get cotton.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:50 am

Kelmet wrote:

Had me worried for a heart beat there....

Yeah, especially since that Sumer will be trying the Imperium way of expansion of just using soft power to expand. It's longer, but safer.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:02 am

Ah, that reminds me. I was considering last night, prior to passing out, that it might be interesting if a half dozen settlements on the English east coast had sworn fealty to the Imperium in the timeskip - as a defense against Norse raiding. That’d add an interesting dynamic to Icedonia’s expansion, and be a good way to RP out time and circumstances shifting Viktor’s policies.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:07 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Ah, that reminds me. I was considering last night, prior to passing out, that it might be interesting if a half dozen settlements on the English east coast had sworn fealty to the Imperium in the timeskip - as a defense against Norse raiding. That’d add an interesting dynamic to Icedonia’s expansion, and be a good way to RP out time and circumstances shifting Viktor’s policies.

With the Imperium stepping on Danzig and Icedonia's toes both... well, honestly, from the Commonwealth's perspective, good. Everyone else just stay out there pounding away at each other, and we'll just be here building our little bloc... maybe if there's a full-scale Icedonian-Imperial war we can also unite a friendly Ruthenia or Chernigov down there.
Last edited by Plzen on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:08 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Ah, that reminds me. I was considering last night, prior to passing out, that it might be interesting if a half dozen settlements on the English east coast had sworn fealty to the Imperium in the timeskip - as a defense against Norse raiding. That’d add an interesting dynamic to Icedonia’s expansion, and be a good way to RP out time and circumstances shifting Viktor’s policies.

Wouldn't the Imperium have more pressing territorial ambitions than a handful of towns great distance away?

Plus wouldn't they rather turn to one of the other author civs that they share the British isles with?
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:12 am

I'll probably start in Sumer and once my character is the commander of most of the military I will probably go with a Marian system of troops until Sumer reaches its limit and go towards the later Empire system with border forts and QRFs.
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:14 am

Wysten wrote:I'll probably start in Sumer and once my character is the commander of most of the military I will probably go with a Marian system of troops until Sumer reaches its limit and go towards the later Empire system with border forts and QRFs.

Aw. Being the God-Emperor Eternal President of Palteskja doesn't appeal to you?

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:16 am

Plzen wrote:
Wysten wrote:I'll probably start in Sumer and once my character is the commander of most of the military I will probably go with a Marian system of troops until Sumer reaches its limit and go towards the later Empire system with border forts and QRFs.

Aw. Being the God-Emperor Eternal President of Palteskja doesn't appeal to you?

Like I said, I have no interest in government and only want to lead the military and go to war. (Think Bobby B Baratheon)
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:25 am

I would say that Crimea could benefit from one, as I mainly focus on the government and diplomacy, but I don’t usually go to war very much so there might not be much to do, plus my posting might be less frequent sometimes now do to school.

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:26 am

Plzen wrote:Revised my year 40 map to include client states and free cities as well.

The Northern Commonwealth and the countries in its free trade agreement, Commonwealth Year 40.

As usual, commentary and feedback welcome.

Map projection and regional borders courtesy of the Beyond Typus team. City locations courtesy of Google Maps. Image created via Wonderdraft.

Revised internal regional borders slightly. Reduced the number of regions in Sweden from five to four. Changed a few words here and there but mostly gave up on trying to maintain any sort of grammatical consistency; the Northern Germanic of this RP is just going to be a mish-mash of Old Norse, contemporary Icelandic, Scandinavian, and English. You all will just have to deal with that.

The scale of one marked city per roughly 1,500 inhabitants hold true for the depicted client states as well, but not (obviously) for the rest of the continent. The territories of the seven client states depicted started the RP with almost as much population (at least, in my estimate) as all of Scandinavia combined, but over the course of the first four decades and a bit Scandinavia saw/will see long periods of rapid population growth while the Baltic region... didn't. By year 40 Denmark alone has more people than all seven client states combined.

Those client states are de jure independent and merely "under Commonwealth protection." At least, that's the excuse if anyone asks.

The eastern regions of Novgorod, while vast, is much like the northern regions of the Commonwealth - desolate hinterlands, inhabited very thinly by roaming bands of hunter-gatherers, that's ours only by virtue of there being nobody who can disagree and make that disagreement stick. It contributes next-to-nothing to the overall productivity and strength of the country, but it sure does look impressive on a map.

Revision 1: Revised label for Vilna to show just one version of that name. I dislike the German spelling, can't find a Scandinavian one, and the English spelling doesn't make sense in this circumstance.
Revision 2: Revised this post to discuss many of the little details I considered while I was making the map.

rose dictionary

Is your author naming these places? Because these seem very medieval-like names. I don't think even proto-Germanic exists as a language yet.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:29 am

Ralnis wrote:I don't think anyone is capable to take on the Imperium.

Not until people learn not to march into crossbows, aye. Or are capable of tactically outmanuevering mounted dragoons.

So what you're saying is Protracted People's War is the only way to win. Great!
yee haw it's time for mass line

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:32 am

I've done initial map updates.

I'd like to point out that the Imperium looks like disgusting, like very genked up goose - and that's not my fault.

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:34 am

Ralnis wrote:I don't think anyone is capable to take on the Imperium.

Not until people learn not to march into crossbows, aye. Or are capable of tactically outmanuevering mounted dragoons.

Well crossbows need smiths, flethchers, miners, caravans to carry them, men to wield them, and those men need to be fed via a constant supply of food, water, and replacements so yes it is a possibility of winning.
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:38 am

Although interesting ( and infuriating ) I'd have to say no to this one dog... in my potion as OP. England is way far out of the Imperial sphere - and it'd make a lot more sense for any local tribes to side with either myself or Hibernia.

Edit: though I do see an Icedonian V Imperial war in the future.
Last edited by Joohan on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:40 am

This I don't mind. Luther specializes in economic and intrigue as he has one of the few intelligence agencies in the world as of right now and has engineered the unification of Sumer as a Queendom. Understand that he is weary of other Authors but he isn't paranoid that he will just kill you if you show yourself to be very ambitious.

In other words, if your useful and loyal, your rewarded. If not then your discarded for someone with more merit. So an Author who specializes in war and is good at reforming the military then that will be awarded with what you want. If you can also progress the military tech of Sumer as well then there's even more bonus points.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:43 am

Joohan wrote:I've done initial map updates.

I'd like to point out that the Imperium looks like disgusting, like very genked up goose - and that's not my fault.

So you're saying it looks like Viktor? :p
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse