NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:31 am

By the way, ICly what happened to the general area of Gdansk 2991 to 2989 B.C.E
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:32 am

Bortslovakia wrote:Ahh I can't wait for the stream of preachers from everyone else to hit a brick wall in secular Ireland. Completely forgot about my philosophical story thing in all the chaos surrounding first contact.

Philosophy is nothing compared to the might of... HOLY LIGHT...
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:33 am

Bortslovakia wrote:Ahh I can't wait for the stream of preachers from everyone else to hit a brick wall in secular Ireland. Completely forgot about my philosophical story thing in all the chaos surrounding first contact.

There is probably a plot arc to be had with intellectuals striving to maintain discourse between our two respective scholarly institutions amidst the violence of the Northern Isles war.
Last edited by Plzen on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:39 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Alaroma wrote:What percentage of the Imperium's population is Christian? I suppose that's relevant to me, though we probably have more preachers per capita.

Honestly, impossible to predict. Only the larger urban areas will have seen much in the way of inroads, and that by elite recruitment more than organic growth. It has, after all, only been fifteen years. I wouldn't assume more than 10-20%, very unevenly distributed. Religious conversion is often a matter of critical mass, and how quickly that mass accumulates is pretty difficult to quantify.

Granted, your method of state conversion and punishments for non-believers will probably see quicker 'results'. Viktor's approach to Christianity is profoundly personal, and so won't move with nearly that speed.

Said methods are less important until I convert my own elite and Axum itself. Hence the main question is how much of said population would be Christian.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Philosophy is nothing compared to the might of... HOLY LIGHT...

Yeah yeah, we've got like six thousand local river gods claiming to be the one true creator of the world. Unless you've got more proof than a holy book questionably documenting events that haven't even happened yet, 'Holy Light' can get in line.

Plzen wrote:

There is probably a plot arc to be had with intellectuals striving to maintain discourse between our two respective scholarly institutions amidst the violence of the Northern Isles war.

I can see educated Irish field officers literally writing letters to their Norse counterparts mid war. "I know we're slated to be deployed against each other next month, but I had this thought on how regional representation effects a polity at the village level..."

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 am

Since we were on the topic of ships earlier, I'm looking forward to building boats over time and trading with the rest of East Asia. The opportunity to spread the Hana imperial philosophy is ripe since nobody else seems to be a contender in the region. I'm not even sure a lot of locations even have anthropomorphic gods yet, which means a blank slate to start introducing Buddhist imagery and statuettes.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 am

Endem wrote:By the way, ICly what happened to the general area of Gdansk 2991 to 2989 B.C.E

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 am

Endem wrote:
Endem wrote:By the way, ICly what happened to the general area of Gdansk 2991 to 2989 B.C.E

Probably just vague contact with the Commonwealth. Think we already went over that though.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 am

Bortslovakia wrote:I can see educated Irish field officers literally writing letters to their Norse counterparts mid war. "I know we're slated to be deployed against each other next month, but I had this thought on how regional representation effects a polity at the village level..."

We should all sit down and establish ourselves a Northwest European Postal Union, so that post will both be reliable, not subject to the whims of sailors, and robust, able to maintain itself in wartime.

Perhaps next after tomorrow’s timeskip would be a good time for that. This would also give me an opportunity to set off my crisis year without having you move in on my rocks. :p

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 am

Bortslovakia wrote:
Endem wrote:

Probably just vague contact with the Commonwealth. Think we already went over that though.

Just needed to know... ( planning on starting a state after the time skip, that's all )

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:50 am

So what happened to the other Author in southern Spain...Diego?

I'm just asking, cause we gonna be neighbors.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:50 am

Ireland and Icedonia have largely the same druidic religion. You're secular, but the common man is still very superstitious. I've hit on this beforr some of my soldiers bringing with them fetishes into battle - and will be conducting some rituals prior to our campaign up the Aerbaker
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:51 am

Endem wrote:Just needed to know... ( planning on starting a state after the time skip, that's all )

Haven’t heard from him in a while.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:52 am

Bortslovakia wrote:Yeah yeah, we've got like six thousand local river gods claiming to be the one true creator of the world. Unless you've got more proof than a holy book questionably documenting events that haven't even happened yet, 'Holy Light' can get in line.

Of course, of course. The great religious proof, results.

Though, really, local river gods claiming to be the true creator of the world isn't really how primitive religion works. Up until the OTL Iron Age, there's essentially no record of exclusivity in religions. Your local animists doubtless believe the god of the next river over is an equally valid god, they just pray to their local god because, yknow, he deals with the river they happen to live on.

'tis the great innovation of monotheism and, from an ethno-historical standpoint, the reason monotheism came to rule the religious landscape. Universalism and exclusivity are the great boons of the monotheist added, in this timeline, to concrete wonders.

Plzen wrote:
Endem wrote:Just needed to know... ( planning on starting a state after the time skip, that's all )

Haven’t heard from him in a while.

If memory serves, he did post just a few days ago ICly. He just doesn't faff about in the OOC as much as the rest of us.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:53 am

Joohan wrote:

Ireland and Icedonia have largely the same druidic religion. You're secular, but the common man is still very superstitious. I've hit on this beforr some of my soldiers bringing with them fetishes into battle - and will be conducting some rituals prior to our campaign up the Aerbaker

Would Icedonia be open to eventually having Irymian missionaries come into their lands?...Obviously, this is going to be after converting most of Spain, North Africa, France, etc.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 am

Plzen wrote:
Bortslovakia wrote:I can see educated Irish field officers literally writing letters to their Norse counterparts mid war. "I know we're slated to be deployed against each other next month, but I had this thought on how regional representation effects a polity at the village level..."

We should all sit down and establish ourselves a Northwest European Postal Union, so that post will both be reliable, not subject to the whims of sailors, and robust, able to maintain itself in wartime.

Perhaps next after tomorrow’s timeskip would be a good time for that. This would also give me an opportunity to set off my crisis year without having you move in on my rocks. :p

Why though? How much mail is there really be exchanged between us all? How many literate people do we have between all of us? I've got like a hundred - and they are all super specialized in just writing about their service tasks. How much mail is really being exchanged beyond borders?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:55 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Would Icedonia be open to eventually having Irymian missionaries come into their lands?...Obviously, this is going to be after converting most of Spain, North Africa, France, etc.

I'm pretty sure the Icedonians are staunch humanists, subscribing to the Great Man theories of history.

I'm personally counting on infiltration via adjacency to get the martial men of Icedonia to reconsider their warmongering ways.

Joohan wrote:Why though? How much mail is there really be exchanged between us all? How many literate people do we have between all of us? I've got like a hundred - and they are all super specialized in just writing about their service tasks. How much mail is really being exchanged beyond borders?

Feck all, certainly.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:56 am

Joohan wrote:
Plzen wrote:We should all sit down and establish ourselves a Northwest European Postal Union, so that post will both be reliable, not subject to the whims of sailors, and robust, able to maintain itself in wartime.

Why though? How much mail is there really be exchanged between us all? How many literate people do we have between all of us? I've got like a hundred - and they are all super specialized in just writing about their service tasks. How much mail is really being exchanged beyond borders?

Cool, so Irymia can become the first majorly literate culture...I can't wait.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:58 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:
Joohan wrote:

The eventual and unofficial religion of Icedonia will be the virtue cults - which will have an interesting pantheistic world view. Like, you can be a Christian, but you're still a member of your work shop or founder's own local cult. So like, so long as you they dont interfere with the service, they are free to convert people... but it's gonna be a very Icedonian religion.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 am

Joohan wrote:Why though? How much mail is there really be exchanged between us all? How many literate people do we have between all of us? I've got like a hundred - and they are all super specialized in just writing about their service tasks. How much mail is really being exchanged beyond borders?

Perhaps later down the line, then.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:02 am

Plzen wrote:

Perhaps later down the line, then.

We shall see. Ideally, I'd like to see the impending war for the Orkney's avoided. We could all do much better working together than against one another.

But, you know, Army could always use more experience...

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:02 am

Joohan wrote:
Nea Byzantia wrote:Would Icedonia be open to eventually having Irymian missionaries come into their lands?...Obviously, this is going to be after converting most of Spain, North Africa, France, etc.

The eventual and unofficial religion of Icedonia will be the virtue cults - which will have an interesting pantheistic world view. Like, you can be a Christian, but you're still a member of your work shop or founder's own local cult. So like, so long as you they dont interfere with the service, they are free to convert people... but it's gonna be a very Icedonian religion.

Well, the model I'm going to be going for is sort like Monastery-colonies; so a group of monks will found a monastery, evangelize, etc, and a community will gradually form around the Monastery which will become its own centre of Irymian language and culture; and it will spread Civilization. Think of like what the Benedictines did in Dark Ages Europe, only these would be communities that would eventually grow into city-states, etc, all tied back to the Headquarters in Irymia. Technically, its going to be more religious than political; but in reality, Irymia will become a political force in that sense; sort of like how the Church did IRL.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 am

I've been working on fleshing out the caste system of the Hana Empire. The names derive from the Tokugawa period but the structure isn't the complete same since, with exceptions of primitive settlements and cities, there is no feudalism. Some small tribes who are part of the Empire don't follow the system.

Imperial Family (at the moment, just Grace and Ruyanpe)
Kuge (scholars, governors)
Bushi (warriors)
Nō (farmers)
Chōnin (artisans, merchants, urban dwellers)
Outcastes and slaves who perform manual labor
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:12 am

Joohan wrote:We shall see. Ideally, I'd like to see the impending war for the Orkney's avoided. We could all do much better working together than against one another.

Neither side wants to back down, so there's really only one way to resolve this. The Commonwealth cannot let go of the Northern Isles.

Frankly, I want it a lot more than I wanted the land we just lost to the Imperium. Even if we end up losing the upcoming war over the Northern Isles we'll simply prepare for a second one.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:14 am

Plzen wrote:
Joohan wrote:We shall see. Ideally, I'd like to see the impending war for the Orkney's avoided. We could all do much better working together than against one another.

Neither side wants to back down, so there's really only one way to resolve this. The Commonwealth cannot let go of the Northern Isles.

Frankly, I want it a lot more than I wanted the land we just lost to the Imperium. Even if we end up losing the upcoming war over the Northern Isles we'll simply prepare for a second one.

To be fair, the Orkneys are a jumping off point to Iceland, which is some legit good kush. Holstein is a jumping off point for... the Germanic interior?

Strategically speaking, I would value those rocks for their virtues of the Iceland-Greenland-America route a hundred times over bits of southern Denmark.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse