NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:35 pm

All of this said, I feel Axum will be a pretty humanitarian force in comparison to other groups.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:42 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:We don't have a true Genghis Khan here yet. He would kill everyone but the artisans when he invaded sometimes. Scholars were viewed as particularly worthless. If you were a farmer, you might survive. Forests were burned down for pasture. Priests were valued. Isaac isn't there yet. Greed can lead to greatness, Mansa Musa was thought to be the richest person in history. He had an army of 100,000 men and a cavalry corps of 10,000 men. His empires size was second only to the Mongol empire in size at the time.

Yeah but Luther isn't the Malian Emperor, he's a shit-tier jackass who is killing people in invasions for greed and unity. He is the worst mass slaughter in our history and all he tried to do was unify Sumer the only way he knew that they would listen. So he is a fucking plague on the world that is doing nothing for it but spreading misery wherever he goes. I should've stayed as a merchant prince and leave it as that.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:46 pm

Ralnis wrote:
UniversalCommons wrote:We don't have a true Genghis Khan here yet. He would kill everyone but the artisans when he invaded sometimes. Scholars were viewed as particularly worthless. If you were a farmer, you might survive. Forests were burned down for pasture. Priests were valued. Isaac isn't there yet. Greed can lead to greatness, Mansa Musa was thought to be the richest person in history. He had an army of 100,000 men and a cavalry corps of 10,000 men. His empires size was second only to the Mongol empire in size at the time.

Yeah but Luther isn't the Malian Emperor, he's a shit-tier jackass who is killing people in invasions for greed and unity. He is the worst mass slaughter in our history and all he tried to do was unify Sumer the only way he knew that they would listen. So he is a fucking plague on the world that is doing nothing for it but spreading misery wherever he goes. I should've stayed as a merchant prince and leave it as that.

Objectively most of us have cracked a few eggs. You just happen to be in a very populated area with more developed cultures, so your omelettes are all the more glorious.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:47 pm

Omg, that collab post is nice. Good solid work G, I love doing collabs with you.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Kelmet wrote:Omg, that collab post is nice. Good solid work G, I love doing collabs with you.

It only took three days because we are both the laziest of bastards :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:48 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Omg, that collab post is nice. Good solid work G, I love doing collabs with you.

It only took three days because we are both the laziest of bastards :P

Can't rush art my freind :)
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:52 pm

After it is done though, the people who live after will have better lives. There will be no constant internal warfare where your neighbor is trying to kill you.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:58 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:After it is done though, the people who live after will have better lives. There will be no constant internal warfare where your neighbor is trying to kill you.

As a great leader once said, no man, no problem.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:07 pm

Fine, guess I'll stay and be a mass murdering psychopath hellbent on greed and unity. Make a smaller, but advanced Mesopotamia that Sumer would be a big hand that everyone knows are evil, greedy people who do nothing but take and destroy.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Joohan wrote:

I’m not buying the Isaacs evil reasoning. There’s far worse a person could do.

Alaroma wrote:
Sometimes you have to find high ground that doesn't sit within the artillery range.

Also, this collab with Kelmet is getting to be a real chonker.

I self fashion Axum to be a “Lawful Good” civilization, and we will have no problem uprooting and enslaving entire villages.

Aaaand you're out of the running for designated moral compass. It was wonderful to have you on the show, but we have to move onto our next contestant.
Can anyone take on the mantle? Find out after this short commercial break!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I’m not buying the Isaacs evil reasoning. There’s far worse a person could do.

Alaroma wrote:I self fashion Axum to be a “Lawful Good” civilization, and we will have no problem uprooting and enslaving entire villages.

Aaaand you're out of the running for designated moral compass. It was wonderful to have you on the show, but we have to move onto our next contestant.

Imperium looks more and more like designated protagonist with every day!

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:

Honestly, i'd probably be leaning more towards Hibernia than anyone.

Borts, did you get my TG?
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Joohan wrote:Honestly, i'd probably be leaning more towards Hibernia than anyone.

You know, I've been contemplating a few things... how do you feel about the prospects of a Norse-Icedonian alliance?

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Plzen wrote:
Joohan wrote:Honestly, i'd probably be leaning more towards Hibernia than anyone.

You know, I've been contemplating a few things... how do you feel about the prospects of a Norse-Icedonian alliance?

Not opposed. I'd like to see how it plays out in IC though. I know that I keep hyping up my campaign to the east coast - but it is happening. That's also around when I want the time skip to happen, after it's completion.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:54 pm

So Alarom, how is the Tiagrayan Tribe like? Do they just have a couple villages or do they have a confederation with a capital or something?

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:06 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I’m not buying the Isaacs evil reasoning. There’s far worse a person could do.

Alaroma wrote:I self fashion Axum to be a “Lawful Good” civilization, and we will have no problem uprooting and enslaving entire villages.

He’s more chaotic Neutral to be honest, a pragmatist. And considering slaves in Axum have a chance to win their freedom, there’s definitely worse places to end up being a slave. Plus we don’t just enslave people for no reason, it’s either for crimes they committed, or actions against the safety of the common Aksumite good.

Ralnis wrote:So Alarom, how is the Tiagrayan Tribe like? Do they just have a couple villages or do they have a confederation with a capital or something?

The Tiagrayan tribe is divided. Axum itself controls itself, and two smaller settlements directly. The Confederation is a self defense pact that recognizes Axum as its lead member, but it’s still very much a Confederation, and besides rallying to common defense, forcing them to do anything is gonna be an oof, at least until I integrate them. Though most of the Tribe isn’t underneath the Confederation, let alone Axum. The Tribe is spread throughout Tigray and Eritrea.
Last edited by Alaroma on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:16 pm

I wanna visit Gaukhar. Why? Because she’s near, and she apparently wants horses.
-Nuverkikstan

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Alaroma wrote:[...] or actions against the safety of the common Aksumite good.

The Committee of Public Safety has arrived at a consensus. This Committee finds you guilty of sedition for spreading the ideas of and loyalty to a State or States hostile to the Northern Commonwealth.

This dangerous anomaly in our free, equal, and united social order must be rectified at the earliest convenience. Consequently, this present Committee orders as the necessary remedy your psychological purification through hard labour.

In the name of the People and Assembly of the Northern Commonwealth.

The international situation being what it is, I’ve fully embraced my Plan B of developing the Northern Commonwealth into a paranoid, xenophobic, jumpy mess with a fortress mentality.

Beware all that is not Norse, for the devilish tongue and mysterious sneer of the Foreigner hides an unknowable intent...
Last edited by Plzen on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Plzen wrote:
Alaroma wrote:[...] or actions against the safety of the common Aksumite good.

The Committee of Public Safety has arrived at a consensus. This Committee finds you guilty of sedition for spreading the ideas of and loyalty to a State or States hostile to the Northern Commonwealth.

This dangerous anomaly in our free, equal, and united social order must be rectified at the earliest convenience. Consequently, this present Committee orders as the necessary remedy your psychological purification through hard labour.

In the name of the People and Assembly of the Northern Commonwealth.

Remind me, what’s “religious freedom?” :p

You see, it’s one of the greatest principles popularized by the enlightenment, a tolerance that is necessary for a thriving republic.

However when I mean threat, it’s usually some village raiding a Confederation village, or kidnapping people, ore them being dumb dumbs and not accepting our gracious offer to join the Confederation.
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Me: Clara seems like a nice chap

Also me:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinland_Saga_(manga)

How I picture Northland raids going, and Frankly it’s horrifying, and all you frisky brits out there should slaughter Danes who come to your shores before they kill you and rape your wives and daughters, and plunder your settlements.

And I mean the Danes specifically, and their presence on the British Isles. If it’s Swedes or Norwegians they’re probably fine, and if they’re Danes on the continent, I assume some are good people. But if Danes set foot on British shores, slaughter them, send them back, and hide your wives and daughters, and take up glorious arms.
Last edited by Alaroma on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nuverkikstan

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:38 pm

Joohan wrote:

Yep. Replied to it just now.

And we're more like Hobbits than anything. Courage found in small places and all that.

Alaroma wrote:Me: Clara seems like a nice chap

Also me:

How I picture Northland raids going, and Frankly it’s horrifying, and all you frisky brits out there should slaughter Danes who come to your shores before they kill you and rape your wives and daughters, and plunder your settlements.

And I mean the Danes specifically, and their presence on the British Isles. If it’s Swedes or Norwegians they’re probably fine, and if they’re Danes on the continent, I assume some are good people. But if Danes set foot on British shores, slaughter them, send them back, and hide your wives and daughters, and take up glorious arms.

Definitely not propaganda. Not at all. Truly we must fear the infamous Water Dane over its docile, land based cousin. The Ground Dane.

Also, why hide our wives and daughters? We've got plenty of swords, spears, and axes to go around. Might as well have them gore a few raiders too.
Last edited by Bortslovakia on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:44 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Joohan wrote:

And we're more like Hobbits than anything. Courage found in small places and all that.

Alaroma wrote:Me: Clara seems like a nice chap

Also me:

Definitely not propaganda. Not at all. Truly we must fear the infamous Water Dane over its docile, land based cousin. The Ground Dane.

Also, why hide our wives and daughters? We've got plenty of swords, spears, and axes to go around. Might as well have them gore a few raiders too.

The closest people to me are a) suicidal, b) apparently not all that active rn. Not to say I’m not making alliances, I am. Just not with author nations.
-Nuverkikstan

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:53 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Bortslovakia wrote:

The closest people to me are a) suicidal, b) apparently not all that active rn. Not to say I’m not making alliances, I am. Just not with author nations.

Honestly, early isolation is probably for the best anyway. It'll give you time to prepare a stable integration into international politics.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:59 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Alaroma wrote:The closest people to me are a) suicidal, b) apparently not all that active rn. Not to say I’m not making alliances, I am. Just not with author nations.

Honestly, early isolation is probably for the best anyway. It'll give you time to prepare a stable integration into international politics.

Yeah, Axum coming to the world as a daddy probably is for the best.
-Nuverkikstan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:09 am

Bortslovakia wrote:Trade along the Elbe might sustain them for a while, but unlike Ireland, the Moravians have little intention of sharing their technology. Thus no steel, no apples, no cider, no wool, no furs, no beef, etc.

Oh, I should note - missed this earlier- but the Imperium really only doesn't trade strategically important technologies and resources. Steel, warhorses, machines, sure, state controlled. Cider? Apples? Wool? Linens? Furs? Beef? Leathers? Iron? All legitimate goods for trade.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse