NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm

Plzen wrote:
Ralnis wrote:No it's not, I'm killing Luther and leaving before I cause more destruction and deaths because of my shit story and character.

There’s no necessity for you to convince G-Tech of the necessity of you leaving. If you want to go, go. Let nobody stop you.

It was a pleasure to have you RP with us while it lasted, and I wish you the best of fortunes on your future ventures.

Yes, apologies. I don't mean to pressure you to stay if you would prefer to go, Ralnis. I simply enjoy writing with you. I was overjoyed when you returned after your hiatus of three years and more.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:36 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:I did just explain exactly why there are near universal cultural similarities and linguistic groups in this era - that was more or less the entire thrust of my post. I can summarize again, if you missed it, but you seem to have missed a large chunk of the post regardless in your quote - are you sure you read the whole thing?

I did, but chose to leave it out. You just seemed to be explaining that tribes exist in your general area, and that was never really a point of contention. But, I still don't understand why you would think that there would be any kind of cultural or linguistic universality.

That's another point altogether, but worth noting - fighting massed combat with weapons equality relies on massed combat equally, until such a time as the lethality of the individual warrior allows him to pose a personal threat in a very short timeframe to another individual warrior. And that's an axiom we don't really see until the invention of gunpowder or, in some schools of thought, the crossbow.

So sure, local tribes are fully capable of adopting formation fighting to counter Imperial formation fighting. I absolutely agree with you on that.

Or, they begin fighting in way specifically designed to counter imperial tactics. Asymmetrical warfare a not would not be difficult doctrine to follow for a semi-nomadic people, and would make any idea of massed formations practically useless when the enemy just say, " Nah "

I would hardly go so far as to say 'falling over each other'. The Imperium relied on judicial and legal authority for her initial expansion in the settlements surrounding Mara herself where parasocial or allosocial relationships existed. Beyond that, it relies on implied threat, offered prosperity, and social pressure at an individual level for integration.

Of course, I should note that, contrary to what might be your impression, integrating settlements beyond the Imperium's borders is far and away a minority of how the Imperium expands. Central Europe is still a land of hunter gatherer bands that work nomadic rounds - the perfect sort of people to voluntarily integrate, and a sort of people that is nearly impossible to integrate if they aren't interested in the process. As I've noted, most of the Imperium's 'borders' are space-filling and largely empty between riparian settlements. That's because the nomadic bands who aren't interested in bowing the knee - which will be a decent amount of them, have fucked off elsewhere.

This is fair. But even still, I would like to see the Imperium start having some problems - like every other civ is having right now.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Ralnis wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
But such a cool impact on our world. The Fertile Crescent's impact on history will be much different. Advanced but smaller, they might end up our world's Europe instead of actual Europe.

No it's not, I'm killing Luther and leaving before I cause more destruction and deaths because of my shit story and character.

It happens Ralnis don't be to hard on yourself.I'd hate to see you go, your a great person to rp with.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:38 pm

Bortslovakia wrote:
Plzen wrote:If settling this means just letting you have the territories, no. I really do want those rocks.

We’d honestly be pressing for the Southern Isles too, if we can somehow seize them in war.

I've said multiple times that Pat would be perfectly happy with a joint ownership deal. He's afraid of Orkney and the surrounding isles being used as a base of operations to raid, and potentially launch an invasion of Britain. He doesn't particularly care if they're just used for trade ports. It's a matter of having control over the situation.

If it's all or nothing though, the war is still on!

Joohan wrote:That's right Plzn, put the Scandinavian foot down. Patty want's the Orkney's, let him have it - every inch of dirt six feet below the surface is his.

So it's OP favoritism then!? I see how it is! I get it!

I'll take that deal, and Clara can have the bottom of the sea in exchange! YARR HARR

I just think she's having a hard time. Wanna cheer her on for a bit.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Plzen wrote:There’s no necessity for you to convince G-Tech of the necessity of you leaving. If you want to go, go. Let nobody stop you.

It was a pleasure to have you RP with us while it lasted, and I wish you the best of fortunes on your future ventures.

Yes, apologies. I don't mean to pressure you to stay if you would prefer to go, Ralnis. I simply enjoy writing with you. I was overjoyed when you returned after your hiatus of three years and more.

How would Sumer be like our World's Europe because Luther is killing everyone for greed?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:47 pm

Ralnis wrote:

How would Sumer be like our World's Europe because Luther is killing everyone for greed?

To be honest, some of the most consequential empires in human history kinda had the same things going for it.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Ral, that was literally the motto of the British/French/Spanish/Belgian/Portuguese Empire for like three hundred straight years. You're in good company.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Well, everyone being dead means more incentive for things like human rights, specialization, and education. Think of Luther like this world's version of the Black Death, a catalyst for the Renaissance.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Ralnis wrote:How would Sumer be like our World's Europe because Luther is killing everyone for greed?

Well, everyone being dead means more incentive for things like human rights, specialization, and education. Think of Luther like this world's version of the Black Death, a catalyst for the Renaissance.

That and if you apply the same model to a nation, you got one hell of a war machine
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:52 pm

Ralnis wrote:How would Sumer be like our World's Europe because Luther is killing everyone for greed?

So Luther's a fucking plague. Good to know he's that much of horrible person. Literally worse than Issac.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:54 pm

Ralnis wrote:

So Luther's a fucking plague. Good to know he's that much of horrible person. Literally worse than Issac.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:56 pm

Joohan wrote:-snip-

Don’t you know? One Isaac-year is the SI unit for evil.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 pm

I feel like I should begin raiding for livestock soon, and increase our herds. I’m not evil, but cows are cows, and the more we have the more power to us.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Plzen wrote:

That's accurate
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Joohan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So Luther's a fucking plague. Good to know he's that much of horrible person. Literally worse than Issac.

I’m not buying the Isaacs evil reasoning. There’s far worse a person could do.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:03 pm

I mean let’s be honest here people, Isaacs methods are pretty mild history considered. Everyone else is just too busy playing Mr. Nobility.
-Nuverkikstan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Alaroma wrote:I mean let’s be honest here people, Isaacs methods are pretty mild history considered. Everyone else is just too busy playing Mr. Nobility.

Sometimes you have to find high ground that doesn't sit within the artillery range.

Also, this collab with Kelmet is getting to be a real chonker.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Joohan wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So Luther's a fucking plague. Good to know he's that much of horrible person. Literally worse than Issac.

Hey, at least your not causing massive destruction across the near east because your greedy. Your just slaving women to people and being Ceaser's Legion. Luther is the human embodiment of a giant plague that is killing everyone around him.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:06 pm

Plzen wrote:

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:07 pm

Alaroma wrote:I mean let’s be honest here people, Isaacs methods are pretty mild history considered. Everyone else is just too busy playing Mr. Nobility.

Sometimes you have to find high ground that doesn't sit within the artillery range.

I self fashion Axum to be a “Lawful Good” civilization, and we will have no problem uprooting and enslaving entire villages.
-Nuverkikstan

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:08 pm

*Que thicc meme
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:12 pm

I actually have a moderately evil idea. I secretly set fire to a settlements crops before harvest at night, and they’re not threatened by starvation. Axum offers them assistance in exchange for loyalty to Axum due to our “Graciousness”.
-Nuverkikstan

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Joohan wrote:

Hey, at least your not causing massive destruction across the near east because your greedy. Your just slaving women to people and being Ceaser's Legion. Luther is the human embodiment of a giant plague that is killing everyone around him.

To be fair, there's a lot of people that think the legion were the good guys.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:21 pm

We don't have a true Genghis Khan here yet. He would kill everyone but the artisans when he invaded sometimes. Scholars were viewed as particularly worthless. If you were a farmer, you might survive. Forests were burned down for pasture. Priests were valued. Isaac isn't there yet. Greed can lead to greatness, Mansa Musa was thought to be the richest person in history. He had an army of 100,000 men and a cavalry corps of 10,000 men. His empires size was second only to the Mongol empire in size at the time.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:23 pm

Kelmet wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Hey, at least your not causing massive destruction across the near east because your greedy. Your just slaving women to people and being Ceaser's Legion. Luther is the human embodiment of a giant plague that is killing everyone around him.

To be fair, there's a lot of people that think the legion were the good guys.

Not gonna lie, I totally sided with the legion because I couldn't stand the NCR...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse