NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:09 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:Guess it's going to be a long time before Christianity finally reaches the archipelago.

Which is a shame because I have all sorts of ideas in mind for the inevitable religious show down between the most developed Author belief systems. :p

I'd worry less about Christianity, and more about our Religion: which I'm calling Voranisn for now. Or proto Judaism/Christianity.

Judaism doesn't really have a track record for rapid growth or conversion, so I think that I'm fine. The only really major threat is another universal religion like Christianity, especially when the Imperium has a Bible.
Last edited by Hanafuridake on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:13 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:Judaism doesn't really have a track record for rapid growth or conversion, so I think that I'm fine. The only really major threat is another universal religion like Christianity, especially when the Imperium has a Bible.

Embrace Norse progressivism. >:D

Our history is our scripture,
Our workplace is our shrine,
And we ourselves our gods!

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Plzen wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:Judaism doesn't really have a track record for rapid growth or conversion, so I think that I'm fine. The only really major threat is another universal religion like Christianity, especially when the Imperium has a Bible.

No thanks, I much prefer Mahayana, with the wonderful Indic-inspired statues of the Four Heavenly Kings, assortment of bodhisattva, and the great cosmic Buddha Mahāvairocana seated on a chariot and endowed with the adornments of a world conqueror.
Mahavairocana Sutra wrote:I am identical with the station of the mind, sovereign everywhere, and universally pervade various sentient and non-sentient beings.
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Ralnis wrote:Commons, I will have a response to you in a second. I also would say that the delegation was from Nestos to Ur so then I can relate that to the progress of the rebuilding of an new and improve Ur.

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Alaroma wrote:I'd worry less about Christianity, and more about our Religion: which I'm calling Voranisn for now. Or proto Judaism/Christianity.

Judaism doesn't really have a track record for rapid growth or conversion, so I think that I'm fine. The only really major threat is another universal religion like Christianity, especially when the Imperium has a Bible.

You see, that’s the problem. You completely ignored the part where I said Christianity had influence on the religion. This is going to be a universal religion, and don’t worry, we’ll have our own holy book and all the pretty arguments in the world when we get to you. It’s Jewish in the sense that it takes inspiration from the Mosaic law, but it’s by no means an ethnic religion. The fact I’m spreading it should tell you it’s meant to be a universal religion. Yeah, Judaism wasn’t known for being spread, but the Jews weren’t exactly known for preaching either.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Plzen wrote:

“We are our own Gods.”

You look pretty damn human to me.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:No thanks, I much prefer Mahayana, with the wonderful Indic-inspired statues of the Four Heavenly Kings, assortment of bodhisattva, and the great cosmic Buddha Mahāvairocana seated on a chariot and endowed with the adornments of a world conqueror.
Mahavairocana Sutra wrote:I am identical with the station of the mind, sovereign everywhere, and universally pervade various sentient and non-sentient beings.

I guess we’ll just have to send over some inquisitors to stamp out this heathenism.

I mean, we’ll send Special Advisor-Overseers from the People’s Education Commission to improve the performance of your public schools. Ignore what I said earlier.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:42 pm

Plzen wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:No thanks, I much prefer Mahayana, with the wonderful Indic-inspired statues of the Four Heavenly Kings, assortment of bodhisattva, and the great cosmic Buddha Mahāvairocana seated on a chariot and endowed with the adornments of a world conqueror.

I guess we’ll just have to send over some inquisitors to stamp out this heathenism.

I mean, we’ll send Special Advisor-Overseers from the People’s Education Commission to improve the performance of your public schools. Ignore what I said earlier.

But what if she has really good public schools?
-Nuverkikstan

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Plzen wrote:

You're free to send them. Like Jesuit missionaries who came to Japan historically, it would be easy to convert them through torture our loving kindness and allow people to see what successful reformers we are of the Southern barbarians who come with strange foreign creeds to the land of the gods. Probably more so, because the Nordic inquisitors don't have the consolation of believing there is a God waiting for them on the other side.
Theravada Buddhist

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:49 pm

Alaroma wrote:But what if she has really good public schools?

Nobody has good schools after we send over some FreedomTM*, delivered in a strategic bomber of our customers’ choice.

* N/B LibertyTM sold separately.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Plzen wrote:
Alaroma wrote:But what if she has really good public schools?

Nobody has good schools after we send over some FreedomTM*, delivered in a strategic bomber of our customers’ choice.

* N/B LibertyTM sold separately.

Woah wtf delivering freedom is our job! Time for a fucking Crusade! A Republican one!
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Thinking about it, I wonder if I should just do Christianity. It would make some things easier. Especially when we get our hands on a bible, and I can imagine it being even more attractive.
-Nuverkikstan

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:02 pm

Alaroma wrote:Thinking about it, I wonder if I should just do Christianity. It would make some things easier. Especially when we get our hands on a bible, and I can imagine it being even more attractive.

It would be easier to keep track of, honestly.
Theravada Buddhist

Podium
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 07, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Podium » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 pm

Is this still open? Won't my fresh post interrupt everyone else?

Dungeon Master, Social Disaster.

Author of Issue #1257

TWP | ADHD

Est. 2003

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

You see, that’s the problem. You completely ignored the part where I said Christianity had influence on the religion. This is going to be a universal religion, and don’t worry, we’ll have our own holy book and all the pretty arguments in the world when we get to you. It’s Jewish in the sense that it takes inspiration from the Mosaic law, but it’s by no means an ethnic religion. The fact I’m spreading it should tell you it’s meant to be a universal religion. Yeah, Judaism wasn’t known for being spread, but the Jews weren’t exactly known for preaching either.

Then it really isn't Judaism though. It's just Christianity.
Theravada Buddhist

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:12 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Thinking about it, I wonder if I should just do Christianity. It would make some things easier. Especially when we get our hands on a bible, and I can imagine it being even more attractive.

We’d also still have our differences with the Imperiums version, I suspect fairly noticeable ones, however considering the founders of both sects are from the 21st century, and Christianity is at the most part at “peace” with itself, I doubt that’ be a problem for us. However that just makes my figurative spear a lot sharper. That said, the “they will know you are my disciples by showing love among yourselves” will be pretty important.

Hanafuridake wrote:
Alaroma wrote:You see, that’s the problem. You completely ignored the part where I said Christianity had influence on the religion. This is going to be a universal religion, and don’t worry, we’ll have our own holy book and all the pretty arguments in the world when we get to you. It’s Jewish in the sense that it takes inspiration from the Mosaic law, but it’s by no means an ethnic religion. The fact I’m spreading it should tell you it’s meant to be a universal religion. Yeah, Judaism wasn’t known for being spread, but the Jews weren’t exactly known for preaching either.

We’ll that’s a hard sell when Christ wouldn’t be part of Voranism, for he hasn’t come yet. How are we going to follow a man who isn’t part of the religion’s doctrine? That said, I probably will go with straight up Christianity. Also truth be told, Voranism is closest in tenor to Pre Mosaic law Judaism, so it’s honestly neither but both at the same time in terms of influence.
Last edited by Alaroma on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nuverkikstan

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:17 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

We’d also still have our differences with the Imperiums version, I suspect fairly noticeable ones, however considering the founders of both sects are from the 21st century, and Christianity is at the most part at “peace” with itself, I doubt that’ be a problem for us. However that just makes my figurative spear a lot sharper. That said, the “they will know you are my disciples by showing love among yourselves” will be pretty important.

Hanafuridake wrote:

We’ll that’s a hard sell when Christ wouldn’t be part of Voranism, for he hasn’t come yet. How are we going to follow a man who isn’t part of the religion’s doctrine? That said, I probably will go with straight up Christianity. Also truth be told, Voranism is closest in tenor to Pre Mosaic law Judaism, so it’s honestly neither but both at the same time in terms of influence.

You are being rational. Religion is not always rational. The savior of course can appear at any time and manifest themselves through a chosen one of gods will. God is omnipotent. Things like time can't really get in the way of the supreme being. Religion is based on faith which is based on belief. Think of it as a miracle if the savior appeared in 3000 bc.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:26 pm

Podium wrote:Is this still open? Won't my fresh post interrupt everyone else?

I think it is still open.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:27 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:
Alaroma wrote:We’d also still have our differences with the Imperiums version, I suspect fairly noticeable ones, however considering the founders of both sects are from the 21st century, and Christianity is at the most part at “peace” with itself, I doubt that’ be a problem for us. However that just makes my figurative spear a lot sharper. That said, the “they will know you are my disciples by showing love among yourselves” will be pretty important.

You are being rational. Religion is not always rational. The savior of course can appear at any time and manifest themselves through a chosen one of gods will. God is omnipotent. Things like time can't really get in the way of the supreme being. Religion is based on faith which is based on belief. Think of it as a miracle if the savior appeared in 3000 bc.

Theres a couple of arguments to be said. One is God sent the authors back to cultivate the people, and prepare him for the coming of the Christ. Or take the Imperial idea and say Christ’s sacrifice transcends time. Okay the more I think about it, the more that might hold water theologically. As far as rationalizing, I gotta rationalize my irrationality for the IC in the OOC first bro.
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Anywho, for me to reach my full power level, I need God and Anime on my side, and I already got God. So all my good Christians out there know what comes next.
-Nuverkikstan

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Alaroma wrote:Anywho, for me to reach my full power level, I need God and Anime on my side, and I already got God. So all my good Christians out there know what comes next.

Crucifixions alongside the Nagasaki shores?
Theravada Buddhist

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:38 pm

Hanafuridake wrote:
Alaroma wrote:Anywho, for me to reach my full power level, I need God and Anime on my side, and I already got God. So all my good Christians out there know what comes next.

I’m sorry what was that? You want to join the international community but you’re too shy, and want Aksumite ships to open your country up through force? That’s an odd request but I can respect it.
-Nuverkikstan

UniversalCommons
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Can Victor give Penelope in the game, eternal life. At this point, she would be dying of cancer or some unnamed terrible disease.
Last edited by UniversalCommons on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 pm

UniversalCommons wrote:Can Victor give Penelope in the game, eternal life. At this point, she would be dying of cancer or some unnamed terrible disease.

Who’s Penelope? I feel bad, the only characters loved ones who I’m mildly aware of at this point are Clara’s and Grace’s.
-Nuverkikstan

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Hanafuridake wrote:

I’m sorry what was that? You want to join the international community but you’re too shy, and want Aksumite ships to open your country up through force? That’s an odd request but I can respect it.

That doesn't really work when you lack a technological edge. This isn't the Tokugawa shōgunate which closed itself from the rest of the world for two hundred years until American gunboats arrived. It's an actively expansionist empire which incorporates various people into a centralized body and is constantly working to innovate in order to maintain an advantage because technology spreads.
Theravada Buddhist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse