NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations ( OOC, Always Open, Reboot )

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Aueroth wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Black hair and mixed dark skin, brown eyes and a small beard for a 5"7 man. However Sumeria does have a lot of international traffic so he can always claimed mix Sumerian lineage.

Certainly better than Oliver can, being a pasty englishman

Andrew is black, but that doesn’t mean he won’t stick out like a thumb. Over 6 foot, and his features being closer to the average African American than the average Ethiopian, and Africans can tell that kind of thing.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm

okkkkkkkkk what have I missed
yee haw it's time for mass line

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:58 pm

Reatra wrote:okkkkkkkkk what have I missed

Nothing major. War in Europe. More players in Africa, and Asia. Etc

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:41 pm

Reatra wrote:okkkkkkkkk what have I missed

There's a new boi in Persia now

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:12 am

Alright, i need to think of some story lines for my author. Any ideas?
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 am

Heyo:

@ Auer: One thing to note that I saw in your post was the tribal leader referring to their land as "Persia". That is a wildly anachronistic term for this time period, and kinda needs to be removed.

@ Universal: Ditto for "Czechia". That isn't a term Imperials in Poland would use for their region, since Viktor hasn't introduced it in the least. Czech is a nonsense syllable as far as Common is concerned.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:30 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Heyo:

@ Auer: One thing to note that I saw in your post was the tribal leader referring to their land as "Persia". That is a wildly anachronistic term for this time period, and kinda needs to be removed.

Would it be fine if Sumerians refer to the lands beyond Elam and the Zagros as Persia? More as a land of tribals and steppes and things where they have traded with some confederations and nomads who travel the well-traveled Indus-Sumer route?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:34 am

Ralnis wrote:

Would it be fine if Sumerians refer to the lands beyond Elam and the Zagros as Persia? More as a land of tribals and steppes and things where they have traded with some confederations and nomads who travel the well-traveled Indus-Sumer route?

That would pretty effectively give away that they had an Author leading them.

As would, really, the name Sumeria.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:36 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:

Fair enough on both ends. However Sumer was an established name to the people themselves I do believe.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:38 am

Ralnis wrote:

Fair enough on both ends. However Sumer was an established name to the people themselves I do believe.

Not for another 700 years :P

'Sumeria' comes from the time of the Akkadian Empire in ~2300 BCE.

Of course, not every Author will know this... so Luther might get away with that.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:42 am

Ralnis wrote:Fair enough on both ends. However Sumer was an established name to the people themselves I do believe.

Not for another 700 years :P

'Sumeria' comes from the time of the Akkadian Empire in ~2300 BCE.

Of course, not every Author will know this... so Luther might get away with that.

Well, fifteen years shat out of hole by one big mistake. Well at least Luther didn't make himself super well known instead of being an advisor.

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:16 am

Ralnis wrote:

Yeah sorry about that, I have no idea what ancient Iranians called their homeland

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 am

If I remember correctly, none of the Scandinavian countries were unified countries until the medieval era.

There are no names referring to large regions in 3,000 BC, because a plot of land the size of Sweden is simply well beyond a Neolithic community’s reach. We still need to name regions for various IC and OOC purposes, though, and since there aren’t any in this era we might as well use names from our own.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:40 am

Aueroth wrote:
Ralnis wrote:

Yeah sorry about that, I have no idea what ancient Iranians called their homeland

They don't have any names. We craft the names or just take the names of those that we know of, like Sumer.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:07 am

Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:46 am

@ Universal: Ditto for "Czechia". That isn't a term Imperials in Poland would use for their region, since Viktor hasn't introduced it in the least. Czech is a nonsense syllable as far as Common is concerned.

It'll actually be pretty interesting to see what names stay, and what names go when Europe is interconnected enough to see standardized maps pop up. I can just imagine some Imperial cartographer proudly presenting his map of "The Heartlands" or some equally grandiose name to a council that's absolutely tired of arguing with him.

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:58 am

Ralnis wrote:
Aueroth wrote:

They don't have any names. We craft the names or just take the names of those that we know of, like Sumer.

Right gotcha, just a little misunderstanding; I'll probably give the land my own name, not sure what yet

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:03 am

When your character still doesn’t really know where he is.

And he probably won’t until he finds out about Egypt.
-Nuverkikstan

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 am

Aye true, guess I jumped the boat a little bit

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 am

So, what year is it?

PS: Please don't reply "2019"
Last edited by Arlye Austros on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:54 am

Arlye Austros wrote:So, what year is it?

PS: Please don't reply "2019"

Seriously its 2985BC/BCE.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:54 am

Bortslovakia wrote:It'll actually be pretty interesting to see what names stay, and what names go when Europe is interconnected enough to see standardized maps pop up. I can just imagine some Imperial cartographer proudly presenting his map of "The Heartlands" or some equally grandiose name to a council that's absolutely tired of arguing with him.

Names can themselves be contentious political issues. See: Sea of Japan.

I can easily imagine us in the north not entertaining “the Heartlands” as a name. “Mara Basin” sounds nice and neutral. I think I’ll take inspiration off your earlier map, too, and call the Imperium the Moravian Autocracy. That is also a nice and neutral name.

Bortslovakia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Bortslovakia » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:16 am

Plzen wrote:
Bortslovakia wrote:It'll actually be pretty interesting to see what names stay, and what names go when Europe is interconnected enough to see standardized maps pop up. I can just imagine some Imperial cartographer proudly presenting his map of "The Heartlands" or some equally grandiose name to a council that's absolutely tired of arguing with him.

Names can themselves be contentious political issues. See: Sea of Japan.

I can easily imagine us in the north not entertaining “the Heartlands” as a name. “Mara Basin” sounds nice and neutral. I think I’ll take inspiration off your earlier map, too, and call the Imperium the Moravian Autocracy. That is also a nice and neutral name.

Yeah the borders are very reminiscent of Great Moravia, so I just went with it. Especially because I doubt the Irish will want to indulge Viktor's warhammer fantasies.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:50 am

Bortslovakia wrote:Yeah the borders are very reminiscent of Great Moravia, so I just went with it. Especially because I doubt the Irish will want to indulge Viktor's warhammer fantasies.

The Northern Commonwealth the same! Norse national identity is going to develop in a very anti-Moravian direction. The Continentals prefers grandiose and pompous names, so the Norse take joy from their reserved and formal names on their institutions and regions.

Aueroth
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aueroth » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:51 am

If you think the Moravians have pompous titles, wait until my Empire digs its heels into Persia

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse